By Miguel A Heredia
During the twenty five week of the year (July 1st to July 7th, 2019), at least 13 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with four disclosing deals and corporate issues, three announcing financial rounds, two reporting on resources and development of their projects, two communicating production results, and two informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Sonoro Metals completed the phase 2 drill program at its Cerro Caliche project and released results for the last 15 holes. In Chihuahua, Kootenay commenced a drilling program at its Columba project. ON MINING, Leagold reported Q2 2019 production results (Los Filos mine, Guerrero). US Antimony released June 2019 production results from their Mexican operations and announced the start of production from its Los Juarez project in Queretaro. ON FINANCING, Aztec Minerals oversubscribed a non-brokered private placement to rise gross proceeds of CAD $468K (Cervantes project, Sonora). Mexican Gold announced a non-brokered private placement to rise gross proceeds of up to $4M (Las Minas project, Veracruz). Silver One announced a non-brokered private placement to rise gross proceeds of up to $2.5M (Peñasco Quemado project, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Fresnillo plc announced that the construction of its Piritas Plant continues and is expected to be operating in H2, 2020. Peñoles revealed its plan to put into operation its Capela polymetallic mine in Guerrero in Q3, 2019. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Kootenay and Azucar Minerals granted stock purchase options to certain officers, directors, employees, and consultants. Sonoro Metals reported results from its annual general meeting for shareholders (Cerro Caliche project, Sonora). Santacruz acquired 50% interest in Carrizal Mining (Veta Grande project, Zacatecas). Endeavour reported a fatal accident at its Bolañitos mine in Guanajuato.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., completed the phase 2 drill program at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Results from the drilling program that have increased substantially the size of the Au mineralization of all the mineralized areas at the project. Sonoro has drilled a total of 10,328m in 96 holes. The combination of historic and current exploration drilling now totals 23,679 meters in 212 drill holes in addition to more than 6,000 surface samples. The company also released assay results from the final 15 holes. Significant drill intersections are in hole SCR-094 with 1.13 g/t Au and 1.8 g/t Ag over 67m, including 2.67 g/t Au and 2.2 g/t Ag over 3.05m; hole SCR-095 with 0.66 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag over 19.81m, including 4.47 g/t Au and 18 g/t Ag over 1.52m; hole SCR-089 with 0.57 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag over 22.86m, including 1.82 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag over 3.05m; hole SCR-083 with 0.51 g/T Au and 17 g/t Ag over 22.86m, including 3.16 g/t Au and 36 g/t Ag over 1.52m; and hole SCR-84 with 0.51 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag over 15.24m, including 2.93 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag over 1.53m. The company announced that it has commissioning an independent NI 43-101 technical report to estimate the resource potential of its Cerro Caliche project.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced the commencement of a minimum of 3,000m core drill program in 12 holes at its Columba high-grade epithermal vein system project in Chihuahua which has returned up to 693 g/t Ag on surface sampling. “The first 12 holes of the drill program will be designed to test the F vein where underground development work extended to 200 meter depth and the historic mining occurred”. Historic grades from the underground workings indicate grades ranging from 600 to 900 g/t Ag with highlights of 1,900 g/t Ag over 4 meters and 679 g/t Ag along 133 meters of vein strike and 1.3 meters of vein width.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, reported production results from its mine operations in Mexico and Brazil. The company produced 91,285 Oz Au in Q2, 2019 bringing year to date 2019 (H1, 2019) 197,234 Oz Au. (Los Filos mine, Guerrero).
- US Antimony Corporation, released production results from their Mexican operations. The company produced 121, 451 Lb Sb, 1,211 short tonnes of zeolites, 846 Oz Ag and 8.5Oz Au in June, 2019. US Antimony also announced the start of Au-Ag production at its Los Juarez project in Queretaro with the processing of 30K tonnes at its Puerto Blanco flotation mill in Guanajuato.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., oversubscribed a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of CAD $468K. The gross proceeds will be used to fund exploration work at the Cervantes porphyry Au-Cu project in Sonora as well as its Tombstone CRD Ag-Pb-Au-Cu project in Arizona, USA.
- Mexican Gold Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement to rise gross proceeds of up to $4M. Net proceeds will be used for exploration and advancement of its Las Minas project in Veracruz.
- Silver One Resources Inc., announced a non-brokered private placement to rise gross proceeds of up to $2.5M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Fresnillo plc., announced that the construction of the phase II of its Piritas plant in Fresnillo mining district is in progress and is expected to be operating in H2, 2020 to process historical and continuous tailings. Fresnillo expects the Piritas plant to improve overall Au and Ag recoveries, thereby maximizing production in the Fresnillo district. It also projects that production total an average of 3.5M Oz Ag and 13K Oz Au per year once both phases operate at full capacity.
- Industrias Peñoles S.A.B. de C.V., revealed its plan to put in operation its Capela (former Rey de Plata) polymetallic mine in Guerrero in Q3, 2019, with an investment of US$303M. Capela mining unit will have the capacity to mill and benefit 360,000 tonnes per year to produce an annual average of 4.7M Oz Ag, 89.6M Lb Zn, 19.3M Lb Pb, and 15.7M Lb Cu contained in Pb, Zn, and Cu concentrates.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Kootenay Silver Inc., granted stock purchase options to officers, directors, employees and consultants to purchase up to an aggregate of 8.45 M shares of Kootenay at a price of $0.14 per common share for a period of five years (Columba project, Chihuahua).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., granted stock options to certain directors, employees, and consultants to purchase and aggregate of 967,800 common shares at a price of $0.34 for a period of two years ( EL Cobre project, Veracruz).
- Sonoro Metals Corp., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Cerro Caliche project, Sonora).
- Santacruz Mining Ltd., acquired 50% interest in Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V., by paying to the vendor US$0.5M, the forgiveness of approximately US$264K in debt owed by the Vendor to Carrizal; and other consideration in the aggregate amount of approximately US$680K, including the transfer of a life-insurance policy and three vehicles from Carrizal to the Vendor, valued at US$494K and US$180K respectively (Veta Grande project, Zacatecas).
- Endeavour Silver Corp., announced a fatal accident at its Bolañitos mine in Guanajuato. A drill helper died while installing roof bolts in the Plateros section of the mine. Unfortunately, he was killed by falling rock when part of the roof collapsed.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, Cu mineralization in a VMS prospect in Oaxaca, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.