By Miguel A Heredia
During the 18th week of the year (May 2nd to May 8th, 2022), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 6 news published by the media, with ten reporting resources and developments of their properties, six commenting on Mexican issues, four disclosing deals and corporate issues, four informing on exploration results, three communicating production and financial results, and two discussing social issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Torex Gold announced the investment of USD $848M to develop its Media Luna project in Guerrero. Expo Minero Chihuahua 2022 closed its doors with the attendance of 15,610 people. Arcelor Mittal announced that it will invest USD $150M to boost the iron mining in Michoacán. According to Miner Deck, one company working in Mexico participated in the best eight gold intercepts of the week, and two in the best seven silver intercepts of the week. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals-Kootenay JV released results from California and Jasper targets within its Cervantes project, and Canuc provided an update on its exploration program at its San Javier project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay announced that it will commence a 15,000m drilling program at its Columba project. In Coahuila, Monumental announced the results of a geophysical survey recently completed at its Jemi Heavy Rare Earth Elements project. ON MINING, Altaley reported Q4, and full year 2021 production and financial results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. Coeur Mining reported Q1, 2022 production and financial results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. Santacruz reported Q4 and full year 2021 consolidated production and financial results from their Mexican operation mines. ON FINANCING, no relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Capitan Mining released results from 5 RC holes collared at its Jesus Maria Silver Zone at the Cruz de Plata project (former Peñoles project) in Durango. Zacatecas Silver received permits for 30 drill pads at El Cristo Vein System within its Zacatecas property. Sonoro Gold filed an Environmental Impact Statement or Manifestación de Impacto Ambiental (MIA) for its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. Orex-Pan American Silver JV received a permit to drill 2,500-3,000m at its Sandra project in Durango. Southern Silver reported drilling results from its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Silver Dollar released the remaining assay results from the phase 1 drilling program completed at its la Joya project in Durango. Sierra Madre reported results of the last four holes collared at its Tepic project in Nayarit. Golden Tag announced results from 2 holes drilled at its San Diego project in Durango. Guanajuato Silver reported drill results from its ongoing exploration programs at its El Cubo mine and El Pinguico projects in Guanajuato. Prime Mining announced new results from 17 holes drilled at Zapote North and Mariposa areas within its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Minerals announced the appointment of its COO (Rodeo project, Durango). Vizsla announced the appointments of its COO and VP of Exploration (Panuco project, Sinaloa). Orogen and the Riverside-BHP JV signed an option agreement for the Llano de Nogal project in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Esperanza Silver de México obtained the support of the Tetlama community in Morelos for the Esperanza project. Alamos Gold has generated 2,200 new jobs in the last two years for the construction of its La Yaqui Grande mine in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., announced the investment of USD $848M to develop its Media Luna project in Guerrero to bring it into commercial production by the end of 2024. The initial capital investment in the Media Luna Project includes USD $85M of underground mine development during the pre-commercial mining period, between Q4, 2023 and Q4, 2024. The initial capital required to develop the Media Luna Project excludes USD $124M of direct project expenses incurred before April 1, 2022, of which USD $37M are related to the Guajes Tunnel and USD $28M to the development of the Upper and Lower South Portal. Of the direct expenses of the project, the largest capital expenditures are related to the development of the underground mine (USD $173M), access to the deposit through the Guajes Tunnel (USD $76M), as well as the Upper and Lower South Portal (USD $40M), improvements to the process plant (USD $98M) and tailings/paste plant (USD $78M). Of indirect expenses, the largest components are contingency costs (USD $100M).
- Expo Minero Chihuahua 2022 closed its doors with the attendance of 15,610 people. For four days, from April 28 to May 1, the attendees learned about the importance of the mining industry in the development of Mexico and its usefulness in everyday life.
- Arcelor Mittal Mexico announced that it will invest USD $150M to boost the iron mining in Michoacán. The company also stated that it will increase the domestic rolled steel production from 2.5M to 5.3M tonnes.
- According to Miner Deck, one company working in Mexico was in the best eight drill intercepts of the week. Aztec Minerals-Kootenay JV was eight with 136.8m @ 1.486 g/t Au at Cervantes project in Sonora.
- According to Miner Deck, two of the best silver drill intercepts of the week were drilled by companies working in Mexico. Golden Tag was first with 395m @ 35 g/t Ag at San Diego project in Durango, and Capitan Mining was seventh with 16.8m @ 291 g/t Ag at Cruz de Plata project in Durango.
- Aztec Minerals Corp – Kootenay Silver Inc. JV released results from the California and Jasper targets within its Cervantes project in Sonora. Drilling highlights include hole JAS22-001 with 0.33 g/t Au over 9.1m, with 150m visible Cu oxides and secondary sulphides in mineralized quartz feldspar porphyry intrusive, sediments and hydrothermal breccia; hole CAL22-017 with 0.31 g/t Au over 24.3m, and 1.65 g/t Au over 6.1m in mineralized quartz feldspar porphyry intrusive, sediments and hydrothermal breccia; hole CAL22-016 with 0.47 g/t Au over 56.2m, and 0.35 g/t Au over 13.7m in mineralized porphyries and hydrothermal breccia; and hole CAL22-015 with 0.42 g/t Au over 68.4m, and 2.25 g/t Au over 10.6m in mineralized porphyries and hydrothermal breccia. These drill results extended the known mineralized zone at depth and over 350m to the north onto the California North target and also to the south on the eastern end of the California zone. The company reported that the phase 2 RC drilling program at the Cervantes property is completed and consisted of 26 holes totalling 4,649m.
- Canuc Resources Corporation provided an update on its exploration program at its San Javier project in Sonora. On the Silver Mountain Zone, the 63-sample grid covered the central part of a NE-SW trending magnetic high in the north part of the San Javier project area. Within the soil grid, samples ranging from 5,123 to 36,671 ppb Ag (5 to 36 g/t) define a 50 to 100 m wide trend that extends for approximately 300 m across the grid. Only 7 of the 63 samples collected contained less that 1 g/t Ag and. The Ag anomaly is accompanied by a modest Au anomaly having values ranging from 38.6 to 87.5 ppb within a relatively high 2.0 to 32.5 background. Only 9 samples contained less than 5.0 ppb Au. On the Gold Zone, the company excavated 3,295m of trenches ranging from 65m to 638m in width. From these trenches, 1,829 channel samples have been collected and additional 46 samples have been collected from various locations within the trend. Results have been reported only on the first 3 trenches which returned elevated gold and copper values. Sampling results are still pending for the rest of the trenches. On the Copper-Gold Stockwork Zone, a total of 22 samples were collected from 3 locations on the north flank of a donut shaped magnetic high in the north–central part of the property. Average grade of the sampling is 0.38% Cu, 0.29 g/t Au, and 3.9 g/t Ag. Canuc plans to cover with soil samples the southwest extension of the strong Ag anomaly referred as Silver Anomaly target; to carry out a detailed mapping on at least 40 know mineralized zones within the property, as well as along the 11 trenches excavated across the Gold Zone, and in the area of the Stockwork Copper-Gold Zone, to provide necessary information in advance of drilling.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced that it will commence a 15,000m drilling program at its Columba project in Chihuahua. Initial focus of this program will be on deeper drill testing on the F Vein and expanding on the D and B Vein intercepts, as well as explore the JZ Zone located 700 meters east of the F Vein; and the East Block located 200 meters east form the JZ Zone.
- Monumental Minerals Corp., announced the results of a heli-borne magnetic, radiometric, and very-low frequency electromagnetic (VLF-EM) geophysical survey recently completed at its Jemi Heavy Rare Earth Elements (HREE) project in Coahuila. The geophysical survey confirmed that a significantly larger area of the property is prospective for HREE (from approximately 1 km to 10 km of prospective strike length), and defined two parallel 8 km arcuate anomalies that occur along the south and west margin of the Sierra La Vasca intrusion complex. The company announced that the next step is to carry out a rapid evaluation and prioritization of targets for diamond drill testing.
- Altaley Mining Corporation reported Q4, and full year 2021 production and financial results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. In Q4, 2021 the company processed 183,091 tonnes to produce 12,209 tonnes of Zn concentrate grading 46% Zn with metallurgical recovery of 71%, and 2,691 tonnes of Pb concentrate grading 22% Pb with metallurgical recovery of 30% respectively, at cash and all in sustaining cost (AISC) of USD $0.74 and USD $0.95 per Lb Zn respectively. Altaley reported gross revenues of CAD $29.7M, mine operating profit of CAD $10.1M, income for the period of CAD $20.6M, and cash of CAD $3.04M. In the full year 2021, the company processed 689,963 tonnes to produce 45,778 tonnes of Zn concentrate grading 46% Zn, 2.12 g/t Au, and 658 g/t Ag, with metallurgical recovery of 71% for Zn, and 9,936 tonnes of Pb concentrate grading 22%, 1.65% Cu, 6.08 g/t Au, and 776 g/t Ag, with metallurgical recovery of 29% for Pb, at cash and AISC of USD $0.60 and USD $0.83 per Lb Pb respectively. Altaley reported gross revenues of CAD $98.4M, mine operating profit of CAD $34.25M, income for the period of CAD $36.26M, and cash of CAD $3.04M.
- Coeur Mining Inc., reported Q1, 2022 production and financial results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. The company milled 565,211 tonnes of 1.74 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 90.6% and 83% respectively to produce 28.9K Oz Au and 1.8M Oz Ag. It sold 28.2K Oz Au and 1.79M Oz Ag during the Q1, 2022 period. Coeur reported metal sales of USD $83.1M; cost applicable to sales of USD $730 and USD $12.43 per Oz Au and Oz Ag respectively; cash flow from operating activities of USD $34.3M; sustaining capital expenditures of USD $13.6M; and free cash flow of USD $20.7M. The company announced that the full year 2022 production is expected to be 100K-110K Oz Au and 6M-7M Oz Ag, and the cost applicable to sales is expected to be USD $750-850 per Oz Au and USD $13.50-14.50 per Oz Ag.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q4 and full year 2021 consolidated production and financial results from their Mexican operation mines (Zimapan, Hidalgo and Rosario San Luis Potosi). In Q4,2021, the company milled 192,901 tonnes to produce 318.4K Oz Ag, 2.27M Lb Pb, 7.7M Lb Zn, and 1.1M Lb Cu (or 842K Oz AgEq with an average grade of 184 g/t AgEq). Santacruz reported for this period revenues of USD $13.8M, gross profit of USD $621K, a net loss of USD $10.45M and an adjusted EBIDTA loss of USD $4,47M. In the full year 2021, it milled 730,412 tonnes to produce 1.29M Oz Ag, 132Oz Au, 8.4M Lb Pb, 28M Lb Zn, and 4.07M Lb Cu (or 3.2M Oz Ag with an average grade of 185 g/t AgEq). The company reported for the full year 2021 revenues of USD $53.3M, gross profit of USD $10.3M, a net loss of USD $11.56M, and an adjusted EBIDTA loss of USD $713K.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Capitan Mining Inc., released results from 5 RC holes collared at its Jesus Maria Silver Zone at the Cruz de Plata project (former Peñoles project) in Durango. Drilling highlights include hole 21-JMRC-10 (at the Upper Zone) with 291 g/t Ag, 0.15 g/t Au, 0.08% Pb, and 0.08% Zn (332 g/t AgEq) over 16.8m, including 478 g/t Ag, 0.56 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (539 g/t AgEq) over 9.1m, including 2,217 g/t Ag, 1.77 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, and 0.4% Zn (2,406 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m; plus (at the Lower Zone) 71 g/t Ag, 0.4 g/t Au, 0.8% Pb, and 1.6% Zn (186 g/t AgEq) over 13.7m, including 114 g/t Ag, 0.67 g/t Au, 1.3% Pb, and 2.7% Zn (309 g/t AgEq) over 7.6m; hole 21-JMRC-06 (at the Upper Zone) with 100 g/t Ag, 0.12 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (146 g/t AgEq) over 13.7m, including 152 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, and 2.4% Zn (271 g/t AgEq) over 3m, including 154 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, and 3.6% Zn (319 g/t AgEq), plus (at the Lower Zone) with 145 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.6% Zn (189 g/t AgEq) over 4.6m, including 380 g/t Ag, 0.28 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (448 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m; and hole 21-JMRC-08 with 44 g/t Ag, 0.36 g/t Au, 0.9% Pb, and 1.3% Zn (149 g/t AgEq) over 7.6m, including 62 g/t Ag, 0.48 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, and 2.1% Zn (218 g/t AgEq) over 4.6m, and including 92 g/t Ag, 0.05 g/t Au, 2.9% Pb, and 4.5% Zn (350 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m.
- Zacatecas Silver Corp., received permits for 30 drill pads at El Cristo Vein System within its Zacatecas property to drill test multiple veins within a zone of dilation that is almost 4 km long and up to 600m wide. The cumulative strike length of all veins at El Cristo is at least 12km long. A total of 2,500m of diamond drilling has been designed in this initial phase of drilling at El Cristo Vein System.
- Sonoro Gold Corp., filed an Environmental Impact Statement or Manifestación de Impacto Ambiental (MIA) for its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. “Under Mexican law, mining construction and operation activities require an approved MIA, as well as a Change of Land Use permit, or Autorización en Cambio de Uso de Suelo (“ETJ”), from the Mexican federal permitting authority, Secretaría de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (“SEMARNAT”). The company is currently completing the required documentation for the Change of Land Use application and anticipates filing with SEMARNAT in the near future.
- Orex Minerals Inc. – Pan American Silver Corp JV received a permit to drill its Sandra project in Durango. Phase-I of this new drilling program will consist of approximately 2,500 to 3,000m. Orex conducted a geological mapping and litho geochemical sampling program over the combined 6,970 hectares of the project, where multiple drill target areas have been identified.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., reported drilling results from the North Felsite and El Sol targets on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Drilling highlights include hole 21CLM-185 with 185 g/t Ag, 0.6 g/t Au, 0.1% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 0.6% Zn (358 g/t AgEq or 9.1% ZnEq) over a true width (TW) of 0.7m at the North Felsite HW zone, plus 101 g/t Ag, 0.3 g/t Au, 0.8% Cu, 2.4% Pb, and 3.3% Zn (1,321 g/t AgEq or 33.5% ZnEq) over a TW of 1.8m, including 1,785 g/t Ag, 0.5 g/t Au, 1.4% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 5.9% Zn (2,309 g/t AgEq or 56.6% ZnEq) over a TW of 1m at the North Felsite skarn area; hole 22CLM-184 with 7 g/t Ag, 1.1 g/t Au, 0% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (112 g/t AgEq or 2.8% ZnEq) over a TW of 11.7m at the North Felsite HW zone, including 19 g/t Ag, 5.6 g/t Au, 0% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (495 g/t AgEq or 12.5% ZnEq) over a TW of 1m, plus 121 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, 0.1% Cu, 1.9% Pb, and 6.5% Zn (460 g/t AgEq or 11.7% ZnEq) over a TW of 0.3m at North Felsite Skarn, plus 117 g/t Ag, 0.1 g/t Au, 0.1% Cu, 1.1% Pb, and 1% Zn (213 g/t AgEq or 5.4% ZnEq) over a TW of 6m, including 301 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, 0.5% Cu, 1.1% Pb, and 10.7% Zn (830 g/t AgEq or 21% ZnEq) over a TW of 0.3m, plus 302 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, 0.4% Cu, 2.9% Pb, and 0.7% Zn (485 g/t AgEq or 12.3% ZnEq) over a TW of 0.8m. “The North Felsite target is located on the eastern side of the Cerro Las Minitas, approximately 400m to the northwest of the La Bocona and Mina Piña shafts, in an area that was not included in the most recent NI43-101 Mineral Resource update on the property. New drilling tested the continuity of mineralization in both the main Ag-Pb-Zn Skarn as well as strongly Au-enriched hanging wall zone.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., released the remaining assay results from the phase 1 drilling program completed on the underexplored Noria portion at its la Joya project in Durango. This phase of drilling consisted of 11 core holes totaling 2,424m. Drilling highlights include hole NOR-22-008 with 41 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.05% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.6% Zn (90 g/t AgEq) over 125.3m, including 137 g/t Ag, 0.23 g/t Au, 0.14% Cu, 0.4% Pb, and 1.7% Zn (268 g/t AgEq) over 10.47m; and hole NOR-22-009 with 3 g/t Ag, 0.66 g/t Au, 0.03% Cu, 0% Pb, and 0.03% Zn (60 g/t AgEq) over 58.84m. “Phase II drilling is now in progress and targeting the wide intervals of mineralization intersected in the new Phase I discoveries”.
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd., reported results of the last four holes collared at its Tepic project in Nayarit. Drilling highlights include hole TDH014 with 322 g/t Ag and 0.96 g/t Au (424 g/t AgEq) over 6.35m, including 544 g/t Ag and 1.5 g/t Au (656 g/t AgEq) over 3.85m, plus 332 g/t Ag and 1.85 g/t Au (470 g/t AgEq) over 6.05m, including 786 g/t Ag and 3.78 g/t Au (1,070 g/t AgEq) over 2.3m. Holes were designed to test areas adjacent to and outside of the areas that were volumetrically included in historic resource estimations. “The Tepic drill holes are being incorporated into the project’s 3-D database and model to plan the continuation of the Phase 2 drilling at Tepic. Drill pads have already been constructed on the Taunas targets to drill the first test holes within the newly discovered area on the eastern portion of the project”.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd., announced results from 2 holes drilled at its San Diego project in Durango. Key highlights include hole 22-65A (Rata Zone) with 0.02 g/t Au, 1,350 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, 3% Zn, and 0.35% Cu (1,556 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m, plus 0.03 g/t Au, 981 g/t Ag, 2.4% Pb, 2.5% Zn, and 0.35% Cu (1,194 g/t AgEq) over 0.65m, plus 0.11 g/t Au, 210 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, 1.1% Zn, and 0.05% Cu (288 g/t AgEq) over 1.67m, and plus (at Cata Zone) with 0.12 g/t Au, 197 g/t Ag, 1.2% Pb, 0.7% Zn, and 0.06% Cu (280 g/t AgEq) over 0.85m; and hole 22-65B (Rata Zone) with 0.08 g/t Au, 286 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.3% Zn, and 0.04% Cu (312 g/t AgEq) over 1.20m, plus (at Cata Zone) with 0.27 g/t Au, 103 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, 0.6% Zn, and 0.05% Cu (174 g/t AgEq) over 16.48m, including 0.09 g/t Au, 108 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn, and 0.05% Cu (163 g/t AgEq) over 2.20m, plus 0.12 g/t Au, 460 g/t Ag, 3% Pb, 2.7% Zn, and 0.19% Cu (690 g/t AgEq) over 2.50m, plus (at CS Play Zone) with 0.11 g/t Au, 135 g/t Ag, 2.9% Pb, 3% Zn, and 0.09% Cu (363 g/t AgEq) over 4.27m, plus (at Fernandez Zone) with 0.05 g/t Au, 35 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 0.8% Zn, and 0.11% Cu (93 g/t AgEq) over 395.1m, including 0.03 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 1.1% Zn, and 0.14% Cu (109 g/t AgEq) over 185.90m. “Combining the results from hole 65B with the results from the previously reported hole 21-58, we can now anticipate that the potential extension of the Fernandez Zone could measure approximately 140 m x 70 m in the horizontal plane and 530 m in the vertical plane. There are no drill holes to the west of hole 22-65B and thus the Fernandez Zone remains open to the west.”
- Guanajuato Silver Company Ltd., reported drill results from its ongoing exploration programs at its El Cubo mine and El Pinguico projects in Guanajuato. Key highlights include hole VP022-002 with 12.90 g/t Au and 1,956 g/t Ag (2,988 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 0.35m (Arroyo structure), plus 0.21 g/t Au and 31 g/t Ag (47 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 13.55m (Villalpando structure), including 0.76 g/t Au and 115 g/t Ag (176 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.15m, plus 0.44 g/t Au and 92 g/t Ag (127 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.39m (Villalpando FW structure); hole SC22-001 with 7.56 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag (647 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.30m (680 Vein); hole SC22-002 with 4.49 g/t Au and 276 g/t Ag (636 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.13m (Tuberos Vein), plus 2.60 g/t Au and 194 g/t Ag (402 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.30m (Poniente Vein); and hole P21-22 with 1.04 g/t Au and 130 g/t Ag (203 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.56m (Arroyo structure), including 2.11 g/t Au and 227 g/t Ag (396 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.60m, plus 1.15 g/t Au and 193 g/t Ag (285 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.24m (Pinguico Vein). “These results serve to build confidence in our understanding of geological controls of high-grade mineralization within the various veins and different zones of our Guanajuato mine holdings. Further, drilling at the El Cubo mine continues to identify mineralization that the Company can quickly build into its near-term mining plans”.
- Prime Mining Corp., announced new results from 17 holes drilled at Zapote North and Mariposa areas within its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. “This drilling is targeting the expansion of the Zapote North deposit northwards along the structure and confirming the continuity of mineralization of Mariposa to the south. These holes confirm that gold-silver mineralization extends from Zapote North to Mariposa”. Drilling highlights at Zapote North include hole 22ZAP-56 with 4.81 g/t Au and 17 g/t Ag over a true width (TW) of 1.7m; hole 22ZAP-66R with 2.42 g/t Au and 24 g/t Ag over a TW of 9.70m, including 4.72 g/t Au and 36 g/t Ag over a TW of 4.2m; hole 22ZAP-67R with 3.83 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag over a TW of 1.4m; hole 22ZAP-59 with 1.4 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.2m, including 5.55 g/t Au and 22 g/t Ag over a TW of 1.4m; hole 22ZAP-52R with 1.07 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag over a TW of 19.9m, including 2.62 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag over a TW of 2.3m, including 3.32 g/t Au and 31 g/t Ag over a TW of 2.3m, plus 0.77 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.2m; hole 22ZAP-68R with 0.68 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.2m, including 2.19 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over a TW of 1.2m, plus 0.39 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.2m; and hole 22ZAP-69R with 0.47 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag over a TW of 6.6m, plus 1.42 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag over a TW of 5m, including 2.42 g/t Au and 44 g/t Ag over a TW of 2.5m. Drilling highlights at Mariposa include hole 22MA-08 with 1.1 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.3m, including 3.38 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag over a TW of 0.9m, plus 0.99 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag over a TW of 5.4m, including 2.05 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over a TW of 1.1m, plus 0.69 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag over a TW of 4.90m; and hole 22MA-09 with 1.55 g/t Au and 15 g/t Ag over a TW of 2.9m, including 5.35 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag over a TW of 0.60m. “To date for Phase 1 and 2 combined, Prime has drilled 255 holes totalling 64,070 metres (122 in Phase 1 for 25,650 m and 133 holes so far in Phase 2 for 38,420 m)”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Golden Minerals Company announced the appointment of its COO, effective May 9, 2022 (Rodeo project, Durango).
- Vizsla Silver Corp., announced the appointments of its COO and VP of Exploration (Panuco project, Sinaloa).
- Orogen Royalties Inc. and the Riverside Resources Inc-BHP Group JV signed an option agreement for the Llano de Nogal Copper-Gold porphyry project in Sonora. Riverside can earn a 100% interest by making cash payments of USD $2.48M and USD $5M in cumulative exploration expenditures (CEE) subject to the following schedule: USD $30K (closing of transaction); USD $50K (1st anniversary) and USD $500K in CEE; USD $50K (2nd anniversary) and USD $1.3M in CEE; USD $100K (3rd anniversary) and $USD $2M (CEE); USD $200K (4th anniversary) and USD $3M (CEE); USD $300K (5th anniversary) and USD $4M (CEE); and USD $1.75M (6th anniversary) and USD $5M (CEE). “During the option period, Orogen and Riverside will jointly retain the right to exercise and retain any Net Smelter Return (NSR) royalty buydown rights with respect to the Suanse claims (0.5% NSR royalty for CAD $1M) and the Coyotes claims (1.5% NSR royalty for USD $1.5M). Once Riverside has exercised its option on Llano de Nogal, Riverside will grant to Orogen a 1% Production Royalty, of which 0.5% can be purchased for USD $10M within 10 years of the exercise date”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Esperanza Silver de México obtained the support of the Tetlama community to the extent of accompanying the request for federal environmental permits for its operation for the Esperanza project in Morelos. The company determined to promote the project from the beginning hand in hand with the inhabitants since it is based on lands that belong to the community, and showing full respect for their human rights. Esperanza Silver will be delivering the Environmental Impact Statement (MIA) report and the study to propose the change of land use in forest land to the Secretary of the Environment and Natural Resources of the federal government (SEMARNAT) by the end of this year. Currently, the Esperanza Project is in the evaluation stage of the technical studies carried out during 2021 in terms of water and geotechnics. This year will be dedicated to the design of the technical project that will allow establishing the model of the mine’s industrial plant. At this point, both the company and the community will submit the request for an Environmental Manifesto to SEMARNAT, which could occur in mid-2023.
- Alamos Gold Inc., has generated 2,200 new jobs in the last two years, 700 of them for people hired directly and 1,500 more indirectly for the construction of its La Yaqui Grande mine in Sonora. La Yaqui Grande mine, is in its final stage of construction and will start commercial production during Q3, 2022. The Yaqui Grande mine is already being a development opportunity for communities in the Sierra de Sonora in the municipalities of Sahuaripa, Yécora and Arivechi, among others.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, phyllic alteration in a porphyry copper prospect in Michoacán Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.