By Jorge Cirett
During the 23rd week of the year (June 7th to June 13th, 2021), at least 25 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, six companies posted exploration advances on their properties, three posted on financing ($2.6M, $1.43 M, C$11.5 M) and one on a debt settlement with shares, six more on project development or resource definition and three posted on deals or corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The bodies of seven miners killed on a coal mine collapse in Coahuila have been recovered. ON EXPLORATION, in Baja, Comet Resources commenced a drill program at Santa Teresa. In Sonora, Minaurum is re-commencing drilling at its Alamos Silver project; Silver Spruce commenced phase II ground exploration at Jackie; Tarachi Gold released RC drilling results from La Dura mine at its Tarachi project. Radius gold released ground exploration results from Maricela. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver released good drilling results at Copalito. ON MINING, no relevant news. ON FINANCING, Santacruz Silver settled a C$4.5 M debt by issuing shares to debtors. Three companies informed on financing rounds: Silver Viper Minerals ($1.4 M, aggregate $6 M), Mammoth Resources ($2.6 M) and Defiance Silver (C$11.5 M). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GR Silver Mining reported drill results from Plomosas, in Sinaloa. Endeavour Silver released high-grade intercepts at Terronera, Jalisco. Advance Gold released (low) lithium drilling results from the Saldivar Salar in San Luis Potosi. GoGold Resources reported drilling results from Los Ricos North in Jalisco. Golden Tag Resources released drilling results from a bulk tonnage target at San Diego, Durango. Golden Minerals reported assay results from expansion drilling at Rodeo, Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Millrock Resources and Tocvan Ventures signed a letter of commitment in relation to El Picacho project in Sonora. Telson Mining completed its change name to Altaley Mining. VanGold Mining announced its name change to Guanajuato Mining. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on actions the companies realize to help the environment. Mazapil inhabitants evaluated the water quality they receive with Minera Peñasquito support.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The bodies of six of seven miners have been recovered after the collapse of a coal mine in Coahuila.
- Luisa María Alcalde, head of the Secretariat of Work and Social Prevision informed the mine collapse in Coahuila that caused several fatalities was due to strong rains in the region.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released results from five holes at its Copalito project in Sinaloa. The holes are from the 5 Señores vein, which has now been tested on 600 m of its 1 km known extension. Highlighted core length results comprise 35 m @ 75 gpt Ag, 0.6 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb+Zn (126 gpt AgEq) which include 1.70 m @ 43 gpt Ag, 2.56 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb+Zn (218 gpt Ag) and 1.31 m @ 264 gpt Ag, 0.23 gpt Au, 2.3% Pb+Zn (326 gpt AgEq); 19.43 m @ 218 gpt Ag, 0.83 gpt Au, 1.5% Pb+Zn (306 gpt AgEq) including 7.97 m @ 330 gpt Ag, 1.23 gpt Au, 2.0% Pb+Zn (456 gpt AgEq); 15.0 m @ 61 gpt Ag, 0.75 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb+Zn (119 gpt Ag) including 2.0 m @ 220 gpt Ag, 3.79 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb+Zn (475 gpt AgEq); 12.0 m @ 66 gpt Ag, 0.17 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb+Zn (96 gpt AgEq) including 2.20 m @ 241 gpt Ag, 0.42 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb+Zn (289 gpt AgEq); 10.0 m @ 65 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb+Zn (79 gpt AgEq) including 1.68 m @ 210 gpt Ag, 0.45 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb+Zn (248 gpt AgEq).
- Minaurum Gold Inc. informed on rig mobilization to its Alamos silver property in Sonora. “Drilling will focus on defining emerging silver shoots in previously explored veins as well as discovering new shoots in underexplored veins. Drill targets will be 100- to 150-metre step-outs of, up- and down-dip, and along-strike of mineralized vein zones, with allowances made for plunging shoots. Minaurum is also continuing reconnaissance work to the south and west in the Alamos project to develop new target veins for later drilling”. Some of the zones to be tested include the Europa-Guadalupe, San José, Minas Nuevas, Alessandra, Ana, Promontorio, Púlpito and Cotera.
- Comet Resources Ltd. Commenced a 2,000 m diamond drilling program at Santa Teresa, in Baja California. This is the first drilling program since Premier Gold tested the property in 2008.
- Radius Gold Inc. defined high grade and bulk tonnage targets at its Maricela project in Sonora. Rock chip sampling returned up to 3 m @ 4.46 gpt Au, 1,335 gpt Ag; 22.0 m @ 0.15 gpt Au, 39 gpt Ag; 4 m @ 1.23 gpt Au, 111 gpt Ag at Baby Gloria, 25.3 m @0.31 gpt Au, 62 gpt Ag; 10 m @ 0.62 gpt Au, 142 gpt Ag at Virgen de Plata, 4 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 98 gpt Ag; 10.5 m @ 0.50 gpt Au, 105 gpt Ag at EL Arco; 6 m @ 1.03 gpt Au, 417 gpt Ag at Central. “The project hosts an epithermal silver & gold mineralized vein system extending approximately 1.5km long by 300m wide, within which occurs multiple veins, stockworks and breccias which at intersections have exposed widths +25 meters. Recent mapping and sampling (273 rock chips) identified 6 major veins with combined strike approximately of 5km”.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. commenced phase II ground exploration at the 1,130 ha Jackie property in Sonora. “The work will be performed on a 100-hectare section of the Property with grid-controlled detailed geological mapping and rock sampling focused on a 25-hectare central block covering the core of the gold and silver discovery area with additional wider spaced grid mapping of the surrounding area”.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. released results from surface reverse circulation holes drilled on La Dura mine within the Jabali concession at the Tarachi project in Sonora. Highlighted hole-length intervals comprise 3.0 m @ 0.63 gpt Au, 9.0 m @ 0.22 gpt Au, 3.0 m @ 0.37 gpt Au, 3.0 m @ 2.35 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.56 GPT Au; 12.0 m @ 7.26 gpt Au (including 6.0 m @ 12.2 gpt Au); 3.0 m @ 1.68 gpt Au, 12.0 m @ 0.23 gpt Au. “The drill program tested the down-dip and potential southern plunge in areas of known gold bearing structures”.
- No relevant news.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. announced the settling of a debt of C$4.47 M by issuing 10.3 M shares to Empresa Minera Manquiri S.A. and Minas Guilloyna S.A. de C.V. (Zimapan, Hidalgo).
- Mammoth Resources Corp. closed its previously announced oversubscribed non-brokered private placement financing to raise up to $2.6 M in gross proceeds (Tenoriba, Chihuahua).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of $1.43 M. Aggregate profits under the offering were $6 M (La Virginia, Sonora).
- Defiance Silver Corp. closed the previously announced brokered private placement for Gross proceeds of C$11.5 M (San Acacio, Zacatecas; Tepal, Michoacan).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. reported drill results from the Plomosas project in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (TW) intercepts on the northern portion of the Plomosas mine area of polymetallic hydrothermal breccia comprise 16.2 m @ 75 gpt Ag, 0.25 Au, 0.7% Pb, 0.8% Zn, 0.1% Cu (including 5.8 m @ 171 gpt Ag, 0.41 gpt Au, 1.1% Pb, 0.7% Zn, 0.2% Cu); 7.6 m @ 227 gpt Ag, 0.27 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 1.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 10.7 m @ 12 gpt Ag, 2.48 gpt Au, 1.1% Pb, 1.5% Zn (including 1.5 m @ 17 gpt Ag, 15.81 gpt Au, 1.1% Pb, 3.9% Zn); 3.6 m @ 100 gpt Ag, 0.14 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 1.1% Zn, 0.5% Cu; 21.0 m @ 25 gpt Ag, 0.67 gpt Au, 1.6% Pb, 2.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu).
- Endeavour Silver Corp. announced high-grade intercepts in a number of structures near the Terronera vein at Terronera, Jalisco. True width intercepts comprise 1.12 m @ 0.32 gpt Au, 170 gpt Ag; 2.14 m @ 3.97 gpt Au, 73 gpt Ag; 5.59 m @ 2.17 gpt Au, 177 gpt Ag; 1.35 m @ 9.78 gpt Au, 214 gpt Ag at San Simón, 1.41 m @ 2.20 gpt Au, 54 gpt Ag; 2.88 m @ 6.05 gpt Au, 1,056 gpt Ag; 1.98 m @ 3.38 gpt Au, 347 gpt Ag; 1.39 m @ 2.04 gpt Au, 66 gpt Ag at Fresno, 1.08 m @ 2.63 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag at Lindero, 1.08 m @ 1.09 gpt Au, 445 gpt Ag at Pendencia, and 1.95 m @ 9.52 gpt Au, 148 gpt Ag; 1.07 m @ 2.81 gpt Au, 54 gpt Ag at Los Cuates.
- Advance Gold Corp. announced results from four core holes at its Saldivar Salar in San Luis Potosí. One hole averaged 84 m @ 136 ppm Li (232 ppm peak value), 225 ppm B, 1.3 % K; a second hole averaged 77 m @ 142 ppm Li (229 ppm peak value), 213 ppm B, 1.3% K; a third hole averaged 53 m @ 130 ppm Li (214 ppm peak value), 230 ppm B, 1.2% K; a fourth hole returned 50 m @ 137 ppm Li (231 ppm peak value), 226 ppm B, 1.4% K.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results from drilling on El Orito prospect at it Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Highlighted core length intersections comprise 9.5 m @ 20 gpt Ag, 0.03 gpt Au, 0.10% Cu, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 12.4 m @ 38 gpt Ag, 0.08 gpt Au, 0.23% Cu, 2.1% Pb, 3.8% Zn (including 2.6 m @ 93 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.61% Cu, 5.3% Pb, 9.9% Zn); 3.0 m @ 222 gpt Ag, 1.93 gpt Au, 0.29% Cu, 2.7% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 44.3 m @ 23 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 0.08% Cu, 0.7% Pb, 1.2% Zn (including 4.9 m @ 44 gpt Ag, 0.16 gpt Au, 0.16% Cu, 2.5% Pb, 3.5% Zn); 26.6 m @ 14 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 0.07% Cu, 1.1% Pb, 1.3% Zn (including 5.1 m @ 38 gpt Ag, 0.17 gpt Au, 0.20% Cu, 4.5% Pb, 1.9% Zn); 29.4 m @ 36 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.23% Cu, 2.2% Pb, 4.1% Zn; (including 6.3 m @ 90 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.65% Cu, 5.2% Pb, 9.5% Zn); 23.0 m @ 61 gpt Ag, 0.08 gpt Au, 0.40% Cu, 2.4% Pb, 4.9% Zn; 58.0 m @ 31 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 0.19% Cu, 1.2% Pb, 2.6% Zn. “mineralization averaging approximately 30m in width for more than 700m in strike length and up to approximately 300m in vertical depth from surface and is open in all directions….. The known strike length of the El Orito – El Favor structure is now approaching 2,500 meters and is still open in both directions”.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd. released results from a diamond hole at the Trovador zone of its San Diego project in Durango. Highlighted results comprise 8.40 m @ 0.58 gpt Au, 30 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn, 0.09% Cu; 86.64 m @ 0.03 gpt Au, 39 gpt Ag, 0.9% Pb, 0.6% Zn; 169.83 m @ 0.04 gpt Au, 32 gpt Ag, 0.6% Pb, 0.8% Zn, 0.05% Cu (including 14.47 m @ 0.03 gpt Au, 81 gpt Ag, 1.9% Pb, 2.2% Zn, 0.12% Cu); 116.45 m @ 0.03 gpt Au, 42 gpt Ag, 0.6% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 2.71 m @ 0.05 gpt Au, 97 gpt Ag, 0.5% Pb, 3.1% Zn, 0.35% Cu.
- Golden Minerals Co. released initial results from its expansion drill program at its Rodeo open pit mine in Durango. Highlighted results comprise 14.65 m @ 3.94 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag; 9.30 m @ 5.38 gpt Au, 10 gpt Ag; 3.70 m @ 7.02 gpt Au, 21 gpt Ag (including 0.90 m @ 21.09 gpt Au, 50 gpt Ag); 13.75 m @ 2.64 gpt Au, 10 gpt Ag, 6.35 m @ 1.41 gpt Au, 36 gpt Ag; 3.80 m @ 2.69 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. reported drill results from high-grade epithermal veining from La Colorada and San Juan veins at Plomosas, Sinaloa. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 9.0 m @ 710 gpt Ag, 1.82 gpt Au, 1.1% Pb, 0.3% Zn, 0.1% Cu (including 0.7 m @ 8,519 gpt Ag, 18.77 gpt Au, 8.9% Pb, 0.7% Zn, 0.2% Cu); 33.0 m @ 20 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 11.1 m @ 139 gpt Ag, 0.69 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 7.0 m @ 341 gpt Ag, 1.00 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, p.6% Zn; 2.1 m @ 480 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.2% Zn. “The La Colorada vein is a hydrothermal breccia that contains Au-Ag-Pb-Zn values in a mineralized quartz and hematite matrix. It is hosted in andesite and ignimbrite country rock. Sphalerite, galena and acanthite (Ag-bearing mineral) are found in the quartz veins.”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Millrock Resources Inc. signed a letter of commitment with Tocvan Ventures Corp. in relation to 2,414 ha El Picacho gold project in Sonora, west of the San Francisco mine. Tocvan must make make cash payments of US$2 M to the underlying concession owners over a five-year term to acquire 100% interest in the project, pay back taxes and Millrock is to retain a 2% NSR, of Which Tocvan may purchase back 1% for US$1 M.
- Telson Mining Corp. is completing its name change to Altaley Mining Corp. on June 11, 2021 (Campo Morado, Guerrero).
- VanGold Mining Corp. announced the name change to Guanajuato Mining Corp. to be effective from June 10, 2021 (El Cubo and El Pinguico, Guanajuato).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on actions the companies realize to help the environment.
- Mesas Mazapil inhabitants informed on the supervision they do on the water source delivered by Minera Peñasquito.
On the image below: Felsic volcanic rocks autobreccia with hematite rich matrix in Sinaloa. Picture by Jorge Cirett.