By Miguel A Heredia
During the fourth week of the year (February 22th to February 28th, 2021), at least 39 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico and 7 news published by the media, with eleven announcing financial rounds, nine reporting on resources and development of their mine operations, seven disclosing deals and corporate issues, six commenting on Mexican issues, five informing on exploration results, five discussing social issues, and three communicating production and financial results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mining and Steel companies resumed activities after power outage. Mining is on alert for the possibility that the Mexican Congress approves the initiative of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to modify the Electricity Industry Law and favor Federal Electricity Commission (CFE). Los Gatos Silver announced restoration of full grid power at its Cerro Los Gatos mine in Chihuahua. According to the Fraser Institute, Chile, Peru, and Mexico have lost global appeal for mining investment. According to Fresnillo plc, half of the electricity used by the La Herradura mine in Sonora comes from clean energy. The president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, has remained firm in his decision not to grant new mining concessions, a measure that has been described as one of the main challenges for the sector. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals and its JV partner Kootenay commenced 2021 exploration program at its Cervantes project, and SilverCrest released drill results from its Picacho project. In Nayarit, Xali delineated new drill targets at its El Dorado project. In Jalisco, GoGold released drill results from 12 holes collared at its Los Ricos North project. ON MINING, Capstone informed that it is on track for ramp-up to 3,780 tonnes per day at its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas by end of Q1, 2021, and reported Q4 and full-year 2020 production and financial results. Gold Resource reported full year 2020 production and financial results from its Don David mine in Oaxaca. Torex announced Q4, 2020 and full year 2020 production and financial results from its Limon-Los Guajes mine complex in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, Carlyle granted stock options to directors and consultants (Cecilia project, Sonora). Coeur announced its intention to offer USD $350M of senior notes due 2029 (Palmarejo mine, Chihuahua). Capstone closed a USD $150M silver stream agreement with Wheaton Precious Metals (Cozamine mine, Zacatecas). Discovery Metals announced that an aggregate of 31,140,000 common share purchase warrants were exercised (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Fabled announced an exercise of warrants for gross proceeds of $4,150,000 (Santa Maria property, Chihuahua). Orla completed layback agreement with Fresnillo on its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. Santacruz, through its subsidiary Carrizal Mining, entered into a definitive agreement with Minera Cedros, a subsidiary of Industrias Peñoles, to acquire the Zimapan mine in Hidalgo. SilverCrest completed its previously announced bought deal offering for gross proceeds of USD $138,069,000 (Las Chispas project, Sonora). Telson executed a LOI with Accendo Banco to provide financing up to USD $25M to complete the construction of its Tahuehueto mine in Durango, and also granted stock options to certain directors, officers, and insiders. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Alamos Gold reported minerals reserves and resources for the year-ended 2020 (Mulatos mine, Sonora). Aloro informed that Alamos Gold has initiated its field exploration program on its Los Venados project in Sonora. Chesapeake presented its 2021 work program at its Metates project in Durango. Excellon released results from underground expansion and exploration drilling from its Platosa property in Durango. Fabled released results from the third drill hole collared at its Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. GR Silver announced that it is conducting a ground geophysics program at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa, incorporating magnetometry and 3D IP. Orogen provided an update on its Ermitaño property in Sonora. Prime announced that a fifth core drill rig has been added at Los Reyes project, Sinaloa. Xtierra released drill results from two holes collared at the Victor Vein at its Bilbao deposit in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Barksdale announced the appointment of its Corporate Secretary as well as the grant of stock options to directors, employees and consultants. Colibri signed an option agreement with Bimsa to acquire 100% interest in the Diamante gold project in Sonora. Equinox announced that shareholders and optionholders of Premier approved the acquisition (Mercedes mine, Sonora). GR Silver announced the appointment of its VP Corporate Comminications (Plomosas property, Sinaloa). Autlan announced the appointment of its CEO (Molango mine, Hidalgo). US Antimony announced that trading of its common shares at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has been halted. VanGold announced the appointment of Ramón Dávila to join to its Advisory Board (Pinguico property, Guanajuato). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Fresnillo plc through its San Julian mine reinforced sanitary measures with campaign in Guadalupe and Calvo, Chihuahua. Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) and the Universidad de Guerrero signed an environmental monitoring agreement (Limon-Guajes mine complex, Guerrero). Minera Peñasquito (Newmont) donated ventilators to the Medical Specialties Unit (UNEME) in Zacatecas. Mina Santa Elena (First Majestic) donated rapid COVID 19 antigen tests and face masks to municipalities of Baviácora, Aconchi, San Felipe de Jesús, Huépac, Banámichi, and Arizpe in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining and Steel companies operating in Mexico resumed activities after power outage. The companies normalized their operations after the energy deficit caused by the polar wave in Texas affected their operations. Local operations in the silver, gold, coal and iron mines were suspended or restricted after the US state halting natural gas exports amid a historic winter storm. The interruption of natural gas shipments has generated calls for Mexico to invest in gas storage and diversify its energy matrix.
- Mining is on alert for the possibility that the Mexican Congress approves the initiative of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) to modify the Electricity Industry Law and favor Federal Electricity Commission (CFE). AMLO said that he will seek to get his proposal approved without changing a single comma. The government last week began a campaign to emphasize the alleged damage that the actions of the IP have brought to the company headed by Manuel Bartlett. Mining is one of the industries that will be affected. Simply the companies that invested in self-supply projects managed to lower the cost of the fluid from 12 or 13 cents of a kilowatt (kw) / hour to 6.5 cents. Those that depend on CFE pay between 8 and 9 cents per kw / hour, far from the level of their competitors in Peru or Chile, which are at 6 cents, let alone those in the US at 4 cents and Canada 2 cents.
- Los Gatos Silver Inc., announced restoration of full grid power at its Cerro Los Gatos mine in Chihuahua. Given the expedited restoration of full grid power, the outage has had minimal impact on the Company’s mining and processing activities.
- According to the Fraser Institute, Chile, Peru, and Mexico have lost global appeal for mining investment. In Mexico, concerns about the policies of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador explain the reason for his fall from 4 positions in attractiveness to invest, to place 42. In perception of its policies, it was located in a weak 61st place after descending 10 notches. “The Federal Government is hostile towards the mining industry and is not issuing new permits,” said a company president, echoing concerns the industry has recently expressed.
- According to Fresnillo plc, half of the electricity used by the La Herradura mine in Sonora comes from clean energy such as wind and solar, with which, through its strategy of sustainability reiterates its commitment to caring for the environment. It has allowed the saving of 4,051 Mhw, which represents an estimated reduction of 2 thousand 358 tons of CO2e. The company reports that for a decade it has invested in the use of renewable energy sources in order to make its processes cleaner and, with it, to be able, in the medium term, to achieve that 75% of its electricity consumption comes from of wind energy.
- The president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO), has remained firm in his decision not to grant new mining concessions, a measure that has been described as one of the main challenges for the sector. AMLO has repeatedly said that his administration will not award new concessions, as his predecessors would have given parts of the country to mining companies too easily. While it may be difficult to obtain new concessions, mining companies can still acquire properties in the secondary market, since there are concession holders who are willing to sell if necessary.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., and its JV partner Kootenay Silver Inc., commenced their 2021 exploration program at its Cervantes project in Sonora. The plan is to conduct a +500 soil samples to cover 518 hectares with 100m by 100m spaced samples aimed at extending previous soils grid and covering the Estrella and California North targets to the western, northern, and eastern limits of the property. Detailed lithologic, alteration, structural mapping and rock chip sampling will proceed along with the soil sampling program.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released drill results from its Picacho project in Sonora. The best intercepts from initial drilling include hole PI-20-006 with 40.49 g/t Au, and 260 g/t Ag (3,297 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 7.25m; and hole PI-20-001 with 8.5 g/t Au and 51 g/t Ag (689 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 16.4m. To date, 42 drill holes have been collared at the Picachos property, with 21 intercepting an average of 4.1m with grades of 8.14 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag (660 g/t AgEq).
- Xali Gold Corp., delineated new drill targets at its El Dorado project in Nayarit, through the development of a new 3D geological model. The 3D model visualized high grade mineralization occurring in multiple parallel veins. Drill permits are in progress and are expected to take 3-4 months to get them approved. Drilling is planned to test potential lateral extensions to the high grade zone.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drill results from 12 holes collared at its Los Ricos North project. Significant drill intercepts were encountered in hole LRGF-20-025 (Salomon area) with 0.26 g/t Au, 95 g/t Ag, (1.53 g/t AuEq or 115 g/t AgEq) over 70.5m, including 0.59 g/t Au and 251 g/t Ag (3.94 g/t AuEq or 295 g/t AgEq) over 20.1m, including 0.99 g/t Au and 404 g/t Ag (6.37 g/t AuEq or 478 g/t AgEq) over 10.1m, hole LRGF-20-025 (Guitarrillas area) with 0.35 g/t Au and 107 g/t Ag (1.77 g/t AuEq or 133 g/t AgEq) over 18.3m, including 2.17 g/t Au and 566 g/t Ag (9.71 g/t AuEq or 728 g/t AgEq) over 2m; hole LRGF-21-033 (Salomon area) with 0.59 g/t Au and 116 g/t Ag (2.14 g/t AuEq or 160 g/t AgEq) over 33.9m, including 1.25 g/t Au and 433 g/t Ag (7.02 g/t AuEq or 527 g/t AgEq) over 3m; hole LRGF-21-033 (Guitarrillas area) with 1.94 g/t Au and 275 g/t Ag (5.6 g/t AuEq or 420 g/t AgEq) over 5.8m, including 4.14 g/t Au and 544 g/t Ag (11.39 g/t AuEq or 854 g/t AgEq) over 2.1m; and hole LRGF-21-033 (Los Chivos area) with 2 g/t Au and 486 g/t Ag (8.48 g/t AuEq or 636 g/t AgEq) over 8.8m, including 7.36 g/t Au and 1,693 g/t Ag (29.94 g/t AuEq or 2,245 g/t AgEq) over 2.3m.
- Capstone Mining Corp., informed that it is on track for ramp-up to 3,780 tonnes per day at its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas by end of Q1, 2021. During the period Q4, 2020, Capstone produced 10.3M Lb Cu at a cash cost of USD $0.63 per Lb Cu produced, and a total of 37.9M Lb in 2020 at a cash cost of USD $0.69 per Lb Cu produced.
- Gold Resource Corporation reported full year 2020 production and financial results from its Don David mine in Oaxaca. The company produced 20,473 Oz Au, 1.19M Oz Ag, 3.57M Lb Cu, 17.3M Lb Pb, and 44.12M Lb Zn in 2020, at a cash and AISC of USD $784 and USD $1,365 respectively per Oz AuEq, for a net income of USD $4.4M with revenue of USD $90.7M and mine gross profit of USD $12.5M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., announced Q4, 2020 and full year 2020 production and financial results from its Limon-Los Guajes mine complex in Guerrero. Torex produced in Q4, 2020, a total of 130,649 Oz Au at a cash and AISC of USD$579 and USD $886 per Oz Au produced, and sold 133,063 Oz Au for a net income USD $91.9M an adjusted EBITDA of USD $158.5M, cash flow from operations of USD $137.1M, and a free cash flow of USD $70.3M. For the full year 2020, Torex reported a production of 430,484 Oz Au, at a cash an AISC of USD $672 and USD $924 per OZ Au produced respectively, with a sale of 437,310 Oz Au at a realized Au price of USD $1,771 per Oz, for revenue of USD $789M, a net income of USD $109M, an adjusted EBITDA of USD $431M, and an operating cash flow of USD $342M. Net cash for the year 2020 was USD $161.6M.
- Carlyle Commodities Corp., granted stock options to directors and consultants for the purchase of 2.79M shares. The options are exercisable for a period of 5 years at an exercise price of $0.14 per share (Cecilia project, Sonora).
- Coeur Mining Inc., announced its intention to offer USD $350M of senior notes due 2029. Net proceeds from the Offering will be used to pay the purchase price and tender premium for up to all USD $230M aggregate principal amount of its 5.875% senior notes due 2024, to pay the redemption price to redeem any of the 2024 notes that are not so tendered in the concurrent tender offer and to pay the fees and expenses in connection with the offering, the concurrent tender offer and any redemption of the 2024 notes. To the extent that the company has excess proceeds from the offering, the company intends to use such excess amounts for general corporate purposes (Palmarejo mine, Chihuahua).
- Capstone Mining Corp., closed a USD $150M silver stream agreement with Wheaton Precious Metals. “All conditions to complete the Stream Agreement have been fulfilled and Capstone has received USD $150M from Wheaton for 50% of the silver productions until 10M Oz Ag have been delivered, thereafter dropping to 33% of silver production, for the life of mine from the Company’s Cozamin Mine in Zacatecas, Mexico. Wheaton will make ongoing payments equal to 10% of the spot silver price at the time of delivery for each ounce delivered to them”.
- Discovery Metals Corp., announced that an aggregate of 31,140,000 common share purchase warrants were exercised at a price of CAD $1.0 for gross proceeds of approximately CAD $31M. The company´s current cash balance has increased to approximately CAD $98M (Cordero project, Chihuahua)
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., announced an exercise of warrants for gross proceeds of $4,150,000. Following the exercise of the warrants, Fabled continues to have a total of 50,500,000 share purchase warrants outstanding that were previously issued under the financing. The Company has 185,251,903 total shares issued and outstanding as at February 19, 2021 (Santa Maria property, Chihuahua).
- Orla Mining Ltd., completed layback agreement with Fresnillo on its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. Orla will pay Fresnillo a total cash consideration of USD $62.8M through staged payments. The first payment of USD $25M was due to Fresnillo on closing of the transaction.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., through its subsidiary Carrizal Mining SA de CV, entered into a definitive agreement with Minera Cedros, a subsidiary of Industrias Peñoles SAB de CV, to acquire the Zimapan mine in Hidalgo and related assets, for a total consideration of USD $20M plus a VAT of USD $3.2M. Assets to be acquired include a processing facility with a capacity of 75K dry tonnes per month, and Zn, Pb, Cu circuits; surface and underground infrastructure required for day to date operations; and 34 mining concessions totalling 5,139 hectares. Santacruz also entered into a loan facility with Trafigura México SA de CV in the amount of USD $17.6M from which USD $15M will be advanced to Peñoles on behalf of Carrizal on closing of the acquisition. The remains balance, USD $8.2M, is being financed by Minera Cedros. The USD $2.6M balance of the Trafigura loan represents the refinancing of existing debt owing to Trafigura by Carrizal and an affiliate.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., completed its previously announced bought deal offering for gross proceeds of USD $138,069,000. Gross proceeds will be used to expand the Las Chispas resources and reserves, through further drilling, to optimize the mine and processing plant design, to explore regional targets, and for general working capital purposes.
- Telson Mining Corporation executed a LOI with Accendo Banco SA de CV to provide financing up to USD $25M to complete the construction of its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. Telson also granted stock options to certain directors, officers and insiders of up to an aggregate 4.7M shares in the capital stock of the Company. The options are exercisable on or before February 25, 2026 at a price of $0.30 per share, and the Company has also re-priced 1,873,333 stock options originally granted as to; 1,423,333 exercisable at $0.71 till November 10, 2022, 400,000 exercisable at $0.72 till April 16, 2023 and 50,000 exercisable at $0.71 till April 23, 2023.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alamos Gold Inc., reported minerals reserves and resources for the year-ended 2020. Proven and probable reserves at Mulatos mine in Sonora are 33,935,000 tons of 1.24 g/t Au for a total of 1.35M Oz Au. Measured + indicated resources are 74,193.000 tonnes of 1.09 g/t Au for a total of 2.6M Oz Au, and Inferred resources are 9,291,000 tonnes of 0.91 g/t Au for a total of 271K Oz Au. Mineral reserves are exclusive of mineral resources.
- Aloro Mining Corp., informed that Alamos Gold has initiated its field exploration program on its Los Venados project in Sonora. Focus of the program is the south portion of the property, adjacent to the Mulatos open pit.
- Chesapeake Gold Corp., informed over its 2021 work program at its Metates project in Durango. This program will consists of approximately 2,500m drilling to recover 10 tonnes of PQ size material to conduct on 40 test columns metallurgical testwork focused on a new heap leach option, to determine the impacts of size, regent strengths, and ore types to determine the optimum oxidation and precious metal leaching parameters. In parallel, Chesapeake will update the previous PSF and add a scoping study for the sulphide heap leach to demonstrate the potential upside of this option.
- Excellon Resources Inc., released results from underground expansion and exploration drilling from its Platosa property in Durango. Significant drill intercepts were encountered at the Rodilla, NE-1S, and Pierna Mantos with diamond drilling from underground in hole EX20UG491 at the Rodilla Area with 1,023 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 4.5% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (1,422 g/t AgEq) over 8.9m, including 3,499 g/t Ag, 29.7% Pb, 10.3% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (4,623 g/t AgEq) over 2.2m; hole EX20UG493 at NE-1S Area with 673 g/t Ag, 6.7% Pb, and 7.1% Zn (1,092 g/t AgEq) over 2.4m; hole EX20UG506 at 623 Area with 1,258 g/t Ag, 7.5% Pb, 2.4% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (1,258 g/t AgEq) over 1.6m; and hole EX21UG515 at Gap Area with 721 g/t Ag, 4.1% Pb, and 4.5% Zn (984 g/t AgEq) over 4m. Drilling continues to define and discover new mineralization in the gap Area with 300m of potential mineralized strike to be explored.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., released results from the third drill hole collared at its Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. This third hole is part of an ongoing 8,000m drill program and intersected 85 g/t Ag and 0.49 g/t Au over 12.5m, including 214 g/t Ag and 1.08 g/t Au over 1.8m. “The 12.50 meter intersection has clearly defined a footwall and hanging wall structure with corresponding elevated silver values up to over 7 ounces of silver and remains open at depth. More importantly, the structure is very conformable and intersected exactly where predicted, which bodes very well for the expansion of Santa Maria and increasing the present NI 43-101 resources on the property with only 3 drill holes drilled to date.”
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., announced that it is conducting a ground geophysics program at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa, incorporating magnetometry and 3D IP. The survey will initially focus on the resource area to characterize the known Ag-Pb-Zn mineralization therein, which hosts the NI 43-101 resource.
- Orogen Royalties Inc., provided an update on its Ermitaño property in Sonora, currently under control of First Majestic Silver Corp., where Orogen holds a 2% NSR. Last January, First majestic announced a USD $42.1M investment for the development of Ermitaño project to support the construction of an underground mine infrastructure that began last year. First majestic plans to release a PEA by the end of March, and is currently conducting hydrological studies and geotechnical drilling for an upcoming PFS that is expected to be released in H2, 2021. In addition, the company also plans to extract 30K to 60K tonnes of material for metallurgical testwork.
- Prime Mining Corp., announced that a fifth core drill rig has been added at its Los Reyes project, Sinaloa. Prime commenced a 15,000m drill program in December 2020 and only ten has been completed to date. The plan is to complete the phase 1 drilling before onset of the rainy season in mid-August, complete a new geological resource model during the rainy season hiatus and then initiate an aggressive Phase 2 drilling program in Q4 2021.
- Xtierra Inc., released results from two holes collared at the Victor Vein, located adjacent to and west of its Bilbao deposit in Zacatecas. Hole X6B intersected 108 g/t Ag, 0.31% Pb, 0.08% Zn, and 0.03% Cu (120 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 1.148m, and hole X7B intersected 61 g/t Ag, 5.5% Pb, 4.41% Zn, and 0.08% Cu (336 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 9.37m, including 82 g/t Ag, 6.8% Pb, 6.9% Zn, and 0.29% Cu over a TW of 0.61m, including 63 g/t Ag, 6% Pb, 6.4% Zn, and 0.08% Cu (412 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.36m, including 119 g/t Ag, 13.6% Pb, 11.4% Zn, and 0.01% Cu (795 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.70m, and including 107 g/t Ag, 8.2% Pb, 6.9% Zn, and 0.54% Cu (566 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.50m.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Barksdale Resources Corp., announced the appointment of its Corporate Secretary as well as the grant of stock options to directors, employees and consultants (San Javier project, Sonora).
- Colibri Resources Corporation signed an option agreement with Bimsa Minera SA de CV to acquire 100% interest in the Diamante gold project in Sonora. The Diamante property comprises two 1,057 hectares in two properties that borders El Mezquite project immediately to the west, and about 1.6km northwest of Colibri’s 1,130-ha Jackie project. To earn an initial 50%, Colibri has to pay USD $100K and incur the expense of completing 2,000m of drilling over the course up to two years, and also will be responsible for all exploration cost while preparing for such drilling program. In addition, Colibri will pay ½ of the property tax and security costs during this period. Upon completion of its 50% earn-in, Colibri will become equal joint venture partners with Bimsa Minera and then Colibri will have an exclusive period of six months to purchase the remaining 50% of the joint venture by paying Bimsa Minera either of: i) USD $2.1M or ii) USD $1.4M and the grant of a 2% net smelter royalty (NSR) on the project.
- Equinox Gold Corp., announced that shareholders and optionholders of Premier Gold Mines Limited approved the acquisition by Equinox Gold. “On closing of the Transaction, Premier shareholders will receive 0.1967 of an Equinox Gold share for each Premier share held, such that existing Equinox Gold and Premier shareholders will own approximately 84% and 16% of Equinox Gold, respectively, on an issued share basis. The Transaction is expected to close in March subject to certain regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions”. By approving the Transaction, Premier securityholders also approved the spin-out to Equinox Gold and Premier shareholders shares of a newly created US-focused gold production and development company to be called i-80 Gold Corp. (Mercedes mine, Sonora).
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its VP Corporate Comminications (Plomosas property, Sinaloa).
- Compañía Minera Autlan SAB de CV announced the appointment of its CEO (Molango mine, Hidalgo).
- US Antimony Corporation announced that trading of its common shares at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has been halted since before the opening of trading on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 as a consequence of selling common shares in a manner that violated Sections 301 and 713 of the Company Guide. “The violations relate to two non-underwritten transactions involving the sale of an aggregate of26,290,000 shares of common stock at a discount to the market price at the time of each transaction, with the first transaction, which closed on February 3, 2021, involving the sale of 15,300,000 shares of common stock at a purchase price of $0.70 per share, and with the second transaction, which closed on February 16, 2021, involving the sale of 10,990,000 shares of common stock at a purchase price of $1.30 per share”. The Company has been advised by NYSE Regulation that the Company’s common stock will resume trading on the NYSE American following the issuance of this press release and the filing of a Current Report on Form 8-K disclosing the receipt of the Letter, which the Company anticipates will be prior to the open of trading on Friday, February 19, 2021.
- VanGold Mining Corp., announced the appointment of Ramón Dávila to join to its Advisory Board (Pinguico property, Guanajuato).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Fresnillo plc reinforced sanitary measures with campaign in Guadalupe and Calvo, Chihuahua. Personnel from the San Julian mine delivered five thousand washable face masks through a caravan of more than 25 volunteers. The municipality of Guadalupe y Calvo has received different donations of face masks from the mining company that operates San Julian mine, adding more than 30 thousand items delivered. These surgical cloth mouth covers were manufactured by the “Yerbitas” community sewing workshop.
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) and the Universidad de Guerrero signed an environmental monitoring agreement to encourages the inhabitants of Nuevo Balsas, Atzcala and Mezcala, communities located around the El Caracol dam and the Balsas rivers and San Juan de Cocula, to get involved in the Participatory Environmental Audit. “During the protocol ceremony, it was reported that 42 residents of Nuevo Balsas have participated in the taking of water and sediment samples, another 260 fishermen from the same town, Atzcala and Mezcala were surveyed for the evaluation of the fishing effort”. (Limon-Guajes mine complex. Guerrero).
- Minera Peñasquito (Newmont) donated ventilators to the Medical Specialties Unit (UNEME) in Zacatecas. This UNEME has been converted into a COVID-19 Hospital for services of health, which receives people affected by SARS -Cov 2 from the State of Zacatecas, who require hospitalization and who are not beneficiaries of other social security systems. With this donation, Newmont reaffirms its commitment to Zacatecas in support of the most vulnerable population in the state and joins the efforts of health authorities in their fight against this pandemic. Newmont has delivered in Zacatecas more than MXP $28M, in hospital supplies and food packages.
- Mina Santa Elena (First Majestic) donated rapid COVID 19 antigen tests and face masks to municipalities of Baviácora, Aconchi, San Felipe de Jesús, Huépac, Banámichi, and Arizpe in Sonora, with the aim of detecting suspicious cases and mitigating risks of contagion.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a quartz hydrothermal breccia displaying cockade texture and a quartz vein displaying boiling texture in an intermediate sulphidation epithermal system in a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia., Mexico.