Vancouver, April 25, 2018 – GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) (“Goldcorp” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on its 2018 exploration program. Representative drill results are provided below; website links to further information including full drill results, drill coordinates, quality assurance and quality control information and relevant diagrams are provided at the end of each section.
On the picture above, Very strong silicification and minor alunite on a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 16th week of the year (April 16th to April 22nd, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, of which two had information on exploration, five on first quarter production, three in financing, two on resources and development and seven in corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Jalisco, Evrim released impressive high-grade results from trenching at Cuale. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold released high grade samples from veins at Las Minas. ON MINING, McEwen, Fortuna Silver, Avino Silver, Telson and Excellon presented Q1 2018 production reports. ON FINANCING, Prospero Silver and Aura Silver respectively announced the opening and closing of financing rounds, while Excellon announced the exercise of warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest released drill results from the Luigi vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Levon Resources filed a PEA report with a new resource estimate on the Cordero project in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Monarca Minerals continues work to solve community issues in Tejamen, Durango. Geologix Explorations Inc. is to change name to ValOro Resources Inc.. Advance Gold acquired the Venaditas property in Zacatecas. Argonaut Gold informed on the legal struggle that halted the explosives permit use on its La Colorada mine in Sonora. Goldplay Exploration optioned the San Marcial property in Sinaloa. Vangold Mining and Mexican Gold granted options to officers, directors and consultants.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced results from trench sampling at its Cuale project in Jalisco. Trench 4 grades 13.61 g/t Au over 106.2 m, including 50.0 m grading 26.13 g/t Au, including 7.5 m @ 163.3 g/t Au. Trench 2 grades 2.94 g/t Au over 29.4 m, including 17.9 m @ 4.55 g/t Au. Gold results over 10 g/t have been re-assayed. “Metallic screen assays reported acceptable repeatability with excellent repeatability at the highest gold grades”. A second IP line defines a 1,200 m long by 50 to 120 m deep highly resistive ledge associated with strong silicification and minor anomalous gold at the surface.
- Mexican Gold Corp. released initial sampling results from four veins on its Pueblo Nuevo concession, part of its Las Minas property in Veracruz. The veins are hosted in diorites with argillic alteration, occur as mesothermal quartz veins, 20 to 50 cm in width with sub-vertical dips and lack post-minerals deformation. The Tamiahua I vein assayed 90.82 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag over 0.40 m, with the footwall and hanging wall returning 0.52 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag over 1.0 m and 0.72 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag over 0.80 m respectively. Nine samples at the Tamiahua II returned 2.05 to 22.82 g/t Au and 5 to 37 g/t Ag on an average width of 0.27 m (up to 0.50 m). At the Cajon vein a grab sample returned 32.2 g/t Au, 231 g/t Ag; while a 0.20 m chip sample assayed 3.53 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag. At the Dos Rios vein, two 0.35 m and 0.18 m samples returned 3.86 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag; 8.25 g/t Au, 59 g/t Ag respectively, while a 1.0 m hanging wall channel sample returned 4.92 m g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported consolidated production for Q1 2018, which includes figures from its Mexican operations. At El Gallo in Sinaloa, 12,217 AuEq Oz were produced during the period. Mining from the existing open pits will cease in Q2, while heap leach activities will continue until 2020, or as long as it remains economic.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported first quarter 2018 production, including figures from its Mexican operations. At San Jose in Oaxaca, 258 K tonnes were milled, at an average rate of 3,011 tonnes per day (tpd) @ 284 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, and a recovery of 92.8% Ag, 92.3% Au, to produce 2.18 M Oz Ag, 14,882 Oz Au.
- Avino Silver & and Gold Mines Ltd. released first quarter 2018 production results from its Avino property in Durango. During the period 120.6 K tonnes were milled @ 56 g/t Ag, 0.58 g/t Au, 0.43% Cu, with recoveries of 81% Ag, 68% Au, 84% Cu, to produce 309.9 K Oz Ag, 2,065 Oz Au, 970 K Lb Cu.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented first quarter 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. During the period the mill processed 148.7 K tonnes (approximately 1,650 tpd) @ 3.65% Zn, 0.41% Cu, 0.90% Pb, 1.14 g/t Au, 108 g/t Ag, with recoveries of 70.4% Zn, 23.0% Cu, 37.9% Pb, 17.9% Au, 28.3% Ag in the elaboration of distinct Zn, Cu, Pb concentrates containing 3,824 tonnes Zn, 140.5 tonnes Cu, 508.7 tonnes Pb, 970.9 Oz Au, 146.8 K Oz Ag. Telson continues to ramp-up production to the 2,500 tpd plant capacity.
- Excellon Resources Inc. presented first quarter 2018 production results from the Platosa mine, Durango. During the period 13,784 tonnes were mined, 18,885 tonnes milled @ 359 g/t Ag, 3.79% Pb, 6.43% Zn, with recoveries of 87.3% Ag, 81.2% Pb, 83.8% Zn, to produce 194.5 K Oz Ag, 1.27 M Lb Pb, 2.25 M Lb Zn.
- Prospero Silver Corp. is to complete a non-brokered private placement intending to raise gross proceeds of up to $1 M (Petate, Hidalgo; Bermudez, Chihuahua).
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced that 3.33 M warrants were exercised, for proceeds of C$2.17 M (Platosa, Durango).
- Aura Silver Resources Inc. is undertaking a non brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $600 K (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released drill results from the Luigi vein on the Las Chispas property in Sonora. The vein was discovered in mid-2017 and referred only as unnamed vein until further drilling delineated a prospective target. Relevant results comprise: 0.8 m (true width, or TW) @ 1.03 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag; 4.1 m @ 1.71 g/t Au, 232 g/t Ag; 1.8 m @ 0.28 g/t Au, 221 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 13.22 g/t Au, 2,067 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 172 g/t Ag; 1.6 m @ 3.41 g/t Au, 265 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.75 g/t Au; 231 g/t Ag. The Luigi vein high-grade footprint measures 300 m long by at least 75 m high, averaging 1.7 m in width @ 2.84 g/t Au, 417 g/t Ag. “The Phase III drill program also includes drilling several new and partially-drilled high-grade mineralized veins. An additional 15,000 to 20,000 metres of drilling are planned for Q3 2018”. The 672 ha Cuesta Blanca ranch was bought, with SilverCrest now owning two thirds of the surface rights on the Las Chispas property.
- Levon Resources Ltd. filed a NI-43-101 technical report with a resource update and preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the Cordero project in Chihuahua. The project envisages a 40 K tpd operation with a 29 year mine life on 417.5 M tonnes of mineralized material @ 46.5 g/t AgEq, to produce 231 M Oz Ag, 2,863 M Lb Zn, 1,992 M Lb Pb, 0.35 M Oz Au. The base case economic estimate is an after tax net present value of $438 M, using a 7.5% discount rate, and an after tax internal rate of return of 16.5%, with a payback period of 4.8 years.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Monarca Minerals Inc. presented a corporate update. At Tejamen, in Durango, 202 RC holes and 10 diamond holes have been re-logged to help in the design of a new drilling campaign. The company has involved the Federal, State and Municipal governments in its search of an agreement with the community regarding the surface rights. At San Jose, in Chihuahua, the LOI on the project was extended to July 2018. “Terms of the LOI call for payment of US$20,000 on execution of the LOI(paid), US$20,000 on execution of a definitive agreement, US$50,000 on the first anniversary of the definitive agreement and US$60,000 on the second anniversary of the definitive agreement. The owners retain a 2% NSR. One percent of the NSR can be purchased by Monarca for US$100,000. Back taxes on the property of US$390,000 will be paid over a period of time. Concession taxes per year are approximately US$46,000”.
- Geologix Explorations Inc. announced its intention to change its name to ValOro Resources Inc., subject to approval by the TSX-V, as well a 10 to 1 consolidation on shares (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp. announced the acquisition of the 2,365 ha Las Venaditas claim in Zacatecas, 11 km to the West of Advance’s Tabasqueña project, which is currently being drilled. “Upon receipt of regulatory approval, Advance will issue to Hot Spring Mining, a Mexican based corporation, 1,000,000 common shares which will be subject to a statutory four-month hold period, in exchange for which Hot Spring Mining will transfer a 100% interest in the Venaditas claims to Advance Mexico. Hot Spring Mining will retain a 2.5% NSR, of which Advance Mexico has the right to buy 1.5% at a rate of $500k CAD per 0.50%”. Advance will issue 800 K options to certain consultants and advisers.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. reported that the court has postponed “the hearing pertaining to Argonaut’s explosive permit at its La Colorada mine (see press release dated April 12, 2018) to allow the Secretary of National Defense (“SEDENA”) to provide evidence requested by the court regarding the temporary suspension of the explosives permit at Argonaut’s La Colorada mine. It is expected that a ruling will be issued within 15 business days of the original hearing date (April 16, 2018), as required by law.” (La Colorada, Sonora).
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. entered into an option agreement with SSR Mining Inc. to acquire a 100% interest in the 1,250 ha San Marcial project in Sinaloa. San Marcial is a low sulfidation epithermal near surface high grade Ag, Zn Pb project with a NI-43-101 resource completed by Silvermex Resources Inc., with opportunity for resource expansion. The indicated resource holds 3.75 M tonnes @ 149 g/t Ag, 0.67% Zn, 0.36% Pb, hosting 18.0 M Oz Ag, 29.9 M Lb Zn, 55.3 M Lb Pb; and 3.07 M tonnes @ 44 g/t Ag, 0.51% Zn, 0.29% Pb holding 4.4 M Oz Ag, 19.5 M Lb Zn, 34.7 M Lb Pb as inferred resources. Goldplay has to pay SSR Mining an aggregate of $2.575 M in cash, issue an aggregate of 3.5 M common shares, incur in $3 M in exploration expenditures over a three year period and grant a NSR royalty (0.5% to 1.5%, based on a resource estimate). A NI-43-101 resource estimate has to be completed on or before the third anniversary of the agreement.
- Vangold Mining Corp. granted an aggregate of 4.8 M stock options to directors, officers and consultants (Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Mexican Gold Corp. granted 174 K incentive stock options to directors and officers of the company.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
VANCOUVER, March 12, 2018 /CNW/ – Rock Tech Lithium Inc. (the “Company” or “Rock Tech”) [TSXV: RCK; Frankfurt: RJIB (WKN: A1XF0V)] is pleased to announce it has completed satisfactory due diligence on the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora, Mexico. As announced on February 20, 2018, the Company has entered into a Letter of Intent (“LOI”) to acquire, through its wholly-owned subsidiary,
Minerales de Baterias SA de CV, a 100% interest in the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora, Mexico, subject to regulatory approval.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 10th week of the year (March 5th to March 11th, 2018), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and three articles on mining matters in Mexico published by newspapers. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Fraser Institute released the results of the 2017 survey on Mining Attractiveness by Jurisdiction, with Mexico stagnant at mid table due to low results on taxation regime, labor disruptions and security perception. The Sonora government is supporting the mining industry with the signature of a collaboration agreement with the Economy Bureau. The governors of Chihuahua and Oaxaca attended the PDAC in Toronto for promoting mining investment in their respective states. Other delegations present were from Durango and Zacatecas. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora Riverside announced a bigger land position at its Cecilia project; Oceanus has mapped the favorable El Tigre Formation rock package for 5 km in strike length at its El Tigre property; Mexus Gold updated on exploration of its 8 Hermanos property; Millrock disclosed interesting low grade drilling results from its Navidad property; Azure has started the second drill campaign at its Sara Alicia Au-Co property. In Chihuahua VVC Minerals received the permit for drilling its Samalayuca property; Radius updated on exploration at its Amalia project. In Guanajuato, Vangold started the phase two of drilling at its Pinguico property. ON MINING, two companies, Americas Silver and Santacruz Silver presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. Magellan Gold announced the restart of its mill in Nayarit. ON FINANCING, Canuc Resources closed a $1.1 M financing round, Colibri closed the first tranche of a financing round netting $1.08 M. Vangold announced the opening of a financing round for raising up to $2 M. Santacruz Silver obtained a US$2.3 M private loan. Starcore closed a financing round for $125 K with an insider. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Levon Resources released an updated mineral resource report for its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Alio Gold provided an exploration update at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Leagold updated its mineral resource estimate for its Los Filos mine and the Bermejal Underground deposits in Guerrero. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acted on the LOI to option a group of properties adjacent to its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. Autlan is to acquire all shares from Metallorum (it already controls an undisclosed percentage), which owns the Lluvia de Oro mine in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico stays about the same on the investment attractiveness index published yearly by the Fraser Institute. Mexico fell to the 50 (of 91 jurisdictions surveyed) position from the 44 (of 104) on the 2016 survey, affected mainly by low rankings in security, taxation regime and labor regulations/work disruptions. In 2014 Mexico was on the 24 position of 122 surveyed. Chile ranked 8 and Peru 19 on the 2017 survey. Below is the table for the perception of the taxation regime (which presents the effect of the recently imposed royalties as a hard fact). The security perception ranking, along the other rankings can be seen at the following link: (https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/survey-of-mining-companies-2017.pdf).
- The Sonora government is supporting the development of the mining industry in the state with the signature of a collaboration agreement with the Economy Bureau (Secretaría de Economía). The agreement looks to promote investment, better technical assessments, training and cut red tape. The mining industry represents 17% of the state’s GDP, with the state providing 31% of Mexico’s mining production. Sonora’s Governor Claudia Pavlovich has been pushing a proposal on the Deputies Chamber to install a 100% deduction of exploration expenses on the year these are incurred.
- The governors of Chihuahua and Oaxaca attended the PDAC in Toronto Canada to promote mining investment on their states. Both Javier Corral (Chihuahua) and Alejandro Murat (Oaxaca) attended the Mexico Mining Day 2018 and had personal interviews with companies doing business in their states or trying to set a foothold there. Other delegations present were from Durango and Zacatecas.
- VVC Minerals Corp. received the permit for drilling at its Samalayuca property in Chihuahua. The SEMARNAT permit approved 22 new drilling sites, in addition to 13 already approved. The drilling is to focus on La Gloria Extension area, La Concha pit area, La Zorra zone and the Julianna, Suerte and Trinidad areas. The completed and proposed drilling cover 7 Km of strike length on the property.
- Vangold Mining Corp. concludes phase 1 drilling, starts phase 2 drilling at El Pinguico property in Guanajuato. Vangold completed five of 15 drill holes targeting the underground stockpiles (backfill) on the El Pinguico vein, with poor recoveries and grades. While a better method of assessing these stockpiles is researched, the company has initiated the phase 2 drilling campaign targeting the lower El Pinguico vein extension below the old workings, 300 m below the surface.
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced that it has been granted the mineral rights to the Cecilia 1 concession, increasing the ground held on the Cecilia project in Sonora to almost 6,000 hectares. Epithermal Au-Ag mineralization is associated to a rhyolite flow-dome setting.
- Oceanus Resources Corp. updated on its exploration efforts on El Tigre property in Sonora. The El Tigre Formation is the rock package that host the historic El Tigre mine, which operated from 1903 to 1938, producing 353 K Oz Au and 67.4 M Oz Ag; the favorable El Tigre Formation has been now traced for 5 km.
- Mexus Gold US. presented an update on exploration of its 8 Hermanos and Scorpio_370 claims in Sonora. Mexus controls 2,800 hectares in an area with sedimentary rocks intruded by granodiorite, dioritic dikes and a diorite porphyry, all covered in turn by Tertiary volcanic tuffs and flows. Three samples from the 370 concession returned 9 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag; 47 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag; 10 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag. Porphyry copper potential is highlighted on a report (no alteration is described).
- Radius Gold Inc. provided an update on exploration at the Amalia project in Chihuahua. The 10,380 ha project has Au-Ag mineralization defined over 2 km of strike length in high level chalcedonic veins, stockworks and breccias and deeper level structurally controlled higher grade mineralization. “Radius continues to advance the Amalia project and is currently permitting drilling and bulldozer trenching.” Recent channel sampling returned 4.5 m @ 10.3 g/t Au, 202 g/t Ag, extending the total strike length of the high-level epithermal mineralization of the Campamento zone to 500 m.
- Millrock Resources Inc. reported on first phase core drilling at its La Navidad project in Sonora, funded by earn-in partner Centerra Gold. In total, 2,130 m were drilled in 12 holes, with several anomalous intersections, like: 17.2 m @ 0.75 g/t Au (including 1 m @ 9.05 g/t Au); 15.65 m @ 0.60 g/t Au; 18.30 m @ 0.33 g/t Au; 18.0 m @ 0.12 g/t Au; 6.00 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 5.90 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 57.0 m @ 0.29 g/t Au; 16.6 m @ 0.35 g/t Au.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced the start of the second drilling campaign on its Sara Alicia project in Sonora. “The Sara Alicia mineralised zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry. This intrusive event caused strong alteration and mineralising reactions in the limestones to form a skarn body which hosts massive and semi-massive sulphides containing the cobalt and gold mineralisation”. The first phase of this drilling campaign is to comprise 1,000 m in 10-12 holes, targeting along-strike and down-dip extensions. The second phase is planned to complete a 50 x 50 m drill pattern over the mineralized body.
- Americas Silver Corp. reported 4Q and year-end financial results for 2017, including some figures from its operations in Mexico. The San Rafael mine in Sinaloa declared commercial production on December 19, 2017, and was constructed for $16.3 M, 32% lower than the initial project guidance. For 2018 the company plans to produce 1.6 to 2.0 M Oz Ag and 7.2 to 8.0 M Oz AgEq. Cash balance at the end of December was $9.3 M, with net working capital of $11.8 M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. Santacruz produced 865.4 K Oz AgEq during the year, including 139.7 K Oz AgEq during the fourth quarter. At Veta Grande in Zacatecas 102.1 K tonnes were milled @ 100 g/t Ag (127 g/t AgEq) and Ag recovery of 61% to produce 201.3 K Oz Ag, 424 Oz Au, 466 tonnes Pb, 803 tonnes Zn during the year. At Rosario in San Luis Potosi, 78.9 K tonnes were milled @ 52 g/t Ag (205 g/t AgEq) and a recovery of 85% Ag to produce 112.6 K Oz Ag, 1,007 Oz Au, 157 tonnes Pb, 1,489 tonnes Zn during the same period.
- Magellan Gold Corp. announced it has rehired employees and is restarting its 100% owned SDA mill in Nayarit. Operations are initially to reprocess tailing located at the site, with recovery of precious metals expected to defray holding costs of the mill while new ore sources are acquired. The mill last operated in November 2017 and processed third-party ore on a toll basis.
- Canuc Resources Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement financing with gross proceeds of $1.1 M (San Javier, Sonora).
- Colibri Resource Corp. has closed an over-subscribed first tranche on its previously announced $1 M financing, raising gross proceeds of $1.077 M. Total gross proceeds to be raised between the two tranches is expected to be $1.2 M (Pilar, Sonora).
- Vangold Mining Corp. announced a non-brokered private placement financing to raise up to $2 M, and fund the phase 2 drill program targeting the lower El Pinguico vein extension, and general working capital.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has arranged a loan from a private Bolivian mining company, for US$2.3 M. The loan bears interest at 9% per annum, is repayable July 1st, 2018, and is unsecured (Veta Grande, Zacatecas; Rosario, San Luis Potosi).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced the closing of its non-brokered private placement to an insider, for gross proceeds of $125 K (San Martin, Queretaro).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Levon Resources Ltd. announced an updated NI-43-101 mineral resource estimate and a 2018 preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the Cordero project in Chihuahua. The new estimate includes 990 M tonnes of ore @ 12.8 g/t Ag, 0.37% Zn, 0.17% Pb, 0.04 g/t Au as indicated resources and 282.2 M tonnes @ 20.7 g/t Ag, 0.75% Zn, 0.30% Pb, 0.04 g/t Au as inferred resources. The said resource contains 595 M Oz Ag, 1.63 M Oz Au, 12.7 B Lb Zn, 5.6 B Lb Pb in the indicated and inferred categories. The PEA includes an open pit mining rate of 40 K tpd (tonnes per day) to produce mineral concentrate, an annual production of 8 M Oz Ag, 44.8 K tonnes Zn, 31.1 K tonnes Pb, 11,900 Oz Au. Over the 29 year mine life on the PEA, 231 M Oz Ag, 2,863 M Lb Zn, 1,992 M Lb Pb would be produced.” Metallurgy is simple (side by side lead and zinc conventional flotation mills) with 88% overall recoveries after three rounds of bench-scale testing”.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided an update on exploration of its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. To date 1,300 m of the planned 3,800 m of surface drilling have been completed (two of six diamond drill holes), intersecting breccia mineralization as expected and awaiting assay results. Two new breccia targets were discovered by mapping within 1.5 km of the limit of the proposed pit, showing magmatic and hydrothermal breccia mineralization with traces of pyrite and arsenopyrite.
- Leagold Mining Corp. has filed a NI-43-101 technical report for the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. For Los Filos and Bermejal Underground deposits, measured and indicated resources amount to 13.53 M Oz Au, while inferred resources stand at 6.28 M Oz Au (Almost 20 million ounces of gold!).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp. has executed on the letter of intent (LOI) of an option agreement on the Rosario group of properties in Sonora. The Rosario concessions are adjacent to Sonoro’s Cerro Caliche property, covering 403.5 hectares, thereby increasing Sonoro’s land holdings in the area to 1,455 hectares. Sonoro is to acquire 100% interest on the property by paying the vendor (a Tucson resident) US$1.6 M payable in escalating cash installments over 72 months, with the initial installment of US$60 K payable on execution. The vendor is to retain 2% NSR, same that can be bought by Sonoro by US1 M for each one percent.
- Compañía Minera Autlán SAB de CV. is to acquire all the shares of Metallorum Holding, which owns the Lluvia de Oro mine in Sonora. The company is to invest US$25 M in the next three years to increase its manganese and ferroalloys production capacity.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, beautiful quartz vein with bladed calcite pseudomorphs at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
VANCOUVER, Canada, March 5, 2018, Sonoro Metals Corp., (“Sonoro”) (TSXV: SMO) (OTCQB: SMOFF), announces that its Mexican subsidiary, Minera Mar De Plata, SA de C.V. has executed a Letter of Intent to enter into an option agreement (the “Rosario Option Agreement”) with a resident of Tucson, Arizona (the “Vendor”), to acquire a 100% interest in the 403.5 hectare Rosario group of concessions (“Rosario”) located contiguous to the recently-acquired Cerro Caliche concessions in the prolific Cucurpe Sonora Mega-district of Sonora, Mexico, thereby increasing Sonoro’s land holdings in this important gold mining district to 1,455 hectares.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 9th week of the year (February 26th to March 4th, 2018), at least 25 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six reporting deals and corporate issues, six providing exploration results, and two announcing financing rounds. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Torex clarified media misinformation in Guerrero. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals reported drilling results at its Cervantes property, and San Marco completed an IP survey at its 1068 project. Azure reported exploration results on Mina Blanca prospect within its Oposura project. In Chihuahua, Mammoth and Golden Minerals announced drill results at its Tenoriba and Santa Maria projects respectively. Golden Minerals also reported drill results at its Mogotes project in Durango. In Zacatecas, Defiance Silver identified a large target within its San Acacio project; Advanced Gold revealed exploration plans on its Tabasquena project. In Puebla, Almaden reported drill results at its Ixtaca project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold restarted the pad leaching at its Santa Elena Mine in Sonora (Caborca). Goldgroup announced 2017 gold production and expansion plans for its Cerro Prieto Mine in Sonora. Bacanora Minerals reported positive economics and favourable operating cost for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Santacruz reported mill expansion capacity on its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. Endeavour and Golden Minerals reported 2017 financial results on its Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Almaden announced a proposed private placement for $ 5.6M, and announced a subscription agreement with Newcrest Mining for gross proceeds of $ CAD 19M. Azure secured funding of approximately A$ 8.2M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Golden Minerals encountered mineralization in 14 holes drilled to increase the size of the existing resource estimate in its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Americas Silver provided an update on exploration results at its 120 zone, within the Cosala Mine in Sinaloa. Santacruz Silver announced additional drilling at its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold Corporation reported drilling results from its Las Minas projects, in Veracruz. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Excellon entered in a toll mill agreement with Hecla. Golden Minerals extended an option with HECLA to lease its oxide mill located in Velardeña, Durango. The company also amended the Celaya farm-out agreement with Electrum Global. Gainey Capital signed a letter of intent for the purchase and processing of a bulk sample with Grupo Wolinak. Newcrest acquired interest in El Cobre project. Torex appointed CFO. Dyna Resources announced favorable decision on its conflict with Goldgroup.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Torex Gold Inc., clarified media misinformation regarding a land agreement with Real del Limon Ejido in Guerrero. The company confirmed a binding 30-year land lease agreement with the Ejido.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., announced phase 1 drill results at its Cervantes project in Sonora. Significant drill results comprise 122m from surface of 0.60 g/t Au, including 62m of 0.88 g/t Au, and 170m from surface returning 0.42 g/t Au, including 32m of 0.87 g/t Au. This phase 1 drill program is focused on defining oxide gold mineralization in the upper 200m.
- San Marco Resources Inc. , completed a 2km by 2.8 km grid IP survey at its 1068 porphyry copper, gold and molybdenum project in Sonora. This survey detected a 1.2 km by 1.3km chargeability anomaly which coincides with pervasive quartz-sericite-clay-pyrite ± iron oxide alteration previously mapped on surface.
- Azure Minerals Limited, identified a 500m long by 250m wide strong zinc and lead soil anomaly at its Mina Blanca prospect within the Oposura project in Sonora and is coincident with high-grade mineralization from a rock sample collected in the Mina Blanca old working. Soil samples were tested with a portable XRF analyzer, with values reaching highs of 0.32% Zn and 0.15% Pb. The rock sample from the Mina Blanca old working returned 1.71 g/t Au, 1,600 g/t Ag, 4.6% Cu, 1.6% Pb, and 2.8% Zn. Azure announced further exploration plans, including drilling for its Oposura project.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., announced results of two holes drilled at its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua in the Moreno and Masuparia areas. El Moreno area drill hole intercepted 7.2m of 0.23 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag and 3.59 % Cu, while the Masuparia area hole returned 27m of 0.51 g/t Au from 28m depth, including 8.4m of 1.30 g/t Au, and 23.5m from 70m depth of 1.30 g/t Au, including 10m of 2.9 g/t Au and 5m of 4.9 g/t Au.
- Golden Minerals Company, drilled 8 holes in its Mogotes project in Durango, with low grade gold mineralization intercepted on 2 holes. The epithermal system seems to be deeper than the surface geochemical values initially indicated. Additional mapping and sampling is ongoing in the northern portion of the property.
- Defiance Silver Corp., carried out an IP survey at its San Acacio project in Zacatecas. The IP survey identified a 200m long by 300m wide target along the underexplored 900m Veta Grande vein, and requires an additional IP survey to close off the anomaly on the property. This undrilled target has the potential to host a virgin silver ore shoot at depth.
- Advance Gold Corp., announced plans to carry out underground mapping & sampling at its Tabasquena mine in Zacatecas, along with an IP survey followed by a drill program. The aim of the IP survey is to delineate the veins and trace their extension along strike.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., intersected 10m of 2.1 g/t Au, including 2m of 8.2 g/t Au from a drill hole located approximately 1.2 km southeast of the PFS open pit at its Ixtaca project in Puebla.
- Mexus Gold US.- restarted the pad leaching at its Santa Elena Mine in Sonora (Caborca), after fixing some recovery problems.
- Goldgroup Mining Inc., presented its annual gold production for 2017 at Cerro Prieto Mine in Sonora. The company produced 4,670 Oz Au in Q4 for a total 2017 production of 14.7K Oz Au. Goldgroup also announced expansion plans for its mine, including the acquisition of an adjacent property to Cerro Prieto Mine, and expects to produce over 22K to 25K Oz Au in 2018.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd., reported positive economics and favourable operating cost of 35K tonnes per year battery grade lithium carbonate operation, confirmed in recently FS on its Sonora Lithium project, in Sonora. The company also secured access and surface rights agreements and the environmental permit for the construction of an open pit mine and large-scale processing plant in site.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Inc., reported 85% progress of the mill expansion capacity to 750 tonnes per day on its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. The mill expansion is being funded by Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported 2017 financial results of its Mexican operations (six mines). The company produced 4.9M Oz Ag and 53K Oz Au during the year.
- Golden Minerals Company, reported 2017 financial results from its Mexican operations.
- Almaden Minerals Inc., announced a proposed private placement to raise $ 5.6M to continue drilling its El Cobre project in Veracruz. In addition, the company also announced a subscription agreement with Newcrest Mining ltd. for aggregate gross proceeds of $ CAD 19M. Newcrest will acquire an indirect interest of 19.9% in El Cobre project.
- Azure Minerals Limited, secured an oversubscribed A$ 8.2M placement to advance its Sara Alicia and Oposura projects in Sonora, fund ongoing exploration activities and provide general working capital.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Santacruz Silver Mining Inc. announced an expansion to include 3,000m of underground additional drilling at the Armados vein to better delineate a mine plan at its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. It also reported on the expansion of mill capacity, which is being funded by Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V.
- Mexican Gold Corp., revealed results from the resource expansion drilling program carried out at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Significant results returned 38m of 4.5 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, and 3.3% Cu, confirming the continuity of the high-grade mineralization encountered in previous drill holes. This result will increase the tonnage and grade of the maiden mineral resource estimate.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., announced a PFS at its Terroneras project in Jalisco, advancing the project towards a production decision, having received permits to build the mine and plant, and awaiting waste dump and tailings permits. It also completed a PEA at it’s the El Compas Mine in Zacatecas and has taken the decision to start the mine construction.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced an agreement with Hecla to toll mill sulphide ore from the San Sebastian Mine in Durango at its Miguel Auza processing plant in Zacatecas. The agreement envisages 400 tonnes per day or 12,000 tonnes per month to be milled at the plant.
- Golden Minerals Co. extended an option to lease its oxide mill to Hecla for an additional period of up to two years in exchange for a $1 M cash payment and the purchase of $1M in shares. The company also amended the Celaya (in Guanajuato) farm-out agreement with Electrum Global Holdings LP., same that will earn and additional 20% interest in exchange of a $1M payment, with the possibility to increase its interest to 80% by spending an additional $2.5M.
- Gainey Capital Corp., signed a letter of intent for the purchase and processing of a bulk sample with Grupo Wolinak.
- Newcrest Mining Ltd., acquired indirect 19.9% interest in El Cobre project, in Veracruz, through the investment of $ CAD 19M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., appointed CFO.
- Dyna Resources Inc., announced a favorable decision from a US District Court Magistrate Judge on its conflict on San Jose de Gracia Mine in Sinaloa with Goldgroup Mining Inc.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, chalcopyrite – magnetite mineralization on drill core from the Las Minas project in Veracruz State. Image from the March 3rd 2018, Mexican Gold Corp. press release.
Vancouver, British Columbia – Gainey Capital Corp. (TSXV: GNC) (OTC: GNYPF) (“Gainey” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has signed a letter of intent (“LOI”) with Grupo Wolinak S.A. de C.V. (“Grupo Wolinak”) for the purchase and processing of a gold and silver mineralized bulk sample at the Company’s Huajicori mill. The bulk sample will be sourced from mineralized material located on surface at a historic gold, silver district within trucking distance of the mill. Prior work indicates grades of the bulk sample should be in the range of 2 – 2.5 g/t gold and 250 – 300 g/t silver. Results of the test work will be utilized to determine the viability of entering into a longer term processing agreement.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 8th week of the year (February 19th to February 25th, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five companies reporting quarterly and/or full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure is to continue drilling its Sara Alicia Au-Co-Zn project; Evrim described the Sarape low sulfidation project. ON MINING, five companies, Starcore, Osisko Gold Royalties, Alio Gold, Argonaut Gold and Great Panther presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. ON FINANCING, Torex Gold announced an over-allotment of shares, taking the gross proceeds of its last offering to C$63.32 M. Evrim is accelerating the exercise of warrants that could add to up to $2.94 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Pan American, Avino Silver and Alamos Gold presented resource estimate updates for its operating units to the end of 2017. Southern Silver Exploration presented an updated mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Endeavour presented an update on development of its El Compas project in Zacatecas. Silver Bull disclosed drill results from its Sierra Mojada property in Coahuila. Almaden Minerals released more infill drill results from its Tuligtic project in Puebla. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Leagold announced the proposed take-over of Brio Gold, which owns a mine in Brazil. Bacanora Minerals is in the paperwork to move from the Canadian TSX to the British AIM stock exchange. Coeur Mining signed a LOI with Evrim on the acquisition of the El Sarape project in Sonora. Oroco Resource acquired interest on three concessions surrounding the Santo Tomas deposit in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Azure Minerals Ltd. intends to resume drilling within two weeks at the Sara Alicia project in Sonora. The mineralized zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry, forming a skarn horizon hosting massive and semi-massive sulfides with Au-Co grades. The mineralized body has a strong magnetic signature, extending for 300 m by 150 m and modelling of the magnetic data indicates a considerable vertical extent. The best intercept from the previous drilling was 26.2 m @ 9.5 g/t Au, 1.26% Co.
- Evrim Resources Corp. described the Sarape project in Sonora, recently optioned to Coeur Mining Inc. There are two major veins, The Sarape vein is 6 km long and up to 12 m in width, while the Chiltepin vein measures 2.6 km in length and up to 3 m in width. The western part of both veins contains barren white quartz and calcite veins, whereas the eastern portion is composed by a separate phase of low temperature, tan green quartz that consistently assays from 0.10 to 0.36 g/t Au, peaking at 3.6 g/t Au. Neither vein has been drilled.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. released production results for Q3 2018, ended on January 31, 2018. During the period 65.6 K tonnes were milled @ 1.23 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, producing 2,405 AuEq Oz at its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Recoveries stood at 83.7% Au, 53.3% Ag. The Altiplano facility in Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, received 176 tonnes of concentrate containing about 222 Oz Au, 35,634 Oz Ag, and sold 269 Oz Au, 23,561 Oz Ag.
- Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. presented Q4 2017 and full year 2017 results. While not presenting numbers, it reports an offtake agreement on production from Gogold’s Parral project in Chihuahua.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided its fourth quarter and year end 2017 results. During the year the San Francisco mine in Sonora produced 83,211 Oz Au, 38,911 Oz Ag, with 16,067 Oz Au, 7,873 Oz Ag produced during the fourth quarter 2017. At the Ana Paula project in Guerrero, Alio invested $17.3 M, with work ongoing for the definitive feasibility study (FS). Cash and cash equivalents by the end of 2017 amounted to $51.6 M, while working capital was $61.7 M.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. At El Castillo in Durango, during the year 8.14 Mt (tonnes) of ore,10.4 Mt of waste were moved, for a 51 K tonnes per day (tpd) rate, with the ore grading 0.36 g/t Au to produce 59,000 Oz Au at cash cost $1,015 per sold Au Oz. At San Agustin in Durango, since starting commercial production in October 1, 939 Kt of ore @ 0.5 g/t Au and 404 Kt of waste were moved for a 15 K tpd operation, to produce 10,302 Oz Au, 45,100 Oz Ag at cash cost $385 per Au Oz sold. At La Colorada in Sonora 18.87 Mt of ore @ 0.54 g/t Au and 23.35 Mt of waste were moved at a 64 K tpd rate to produce 50,796 Oz Au, 174,330 Oz Ag at cash cost of $691 per Oz Au sold. During the fourth quarter $2.8 M of income tax was recovered. For 2018 the company expects to produce 165 K to 180 K AuEq Oz.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. reported financial results for 2017. Without disclosing production by unit, the Topia (Durango), San Ignacio (Guanajuato) and Guanajuato mine complex produced 1.98 M Oz Ag, 22,501 Oz Au at cash cost $5.76 per Ag Oz, cash cost of $12.11 per AgEq Oz and AISC of $15.07. Cash and short-term deposits at year-end were $56.9 M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. issued as an over-allotment an additional 130,500 common shares on the previously announced offering, augmenting the aggregate gross proceeds to C$63.32 M.
- Evrim Resources Corp. is accelerating the exercise date of the company’s common share purchase warrants date December 16, 2015. If all the remaining outstanding warrants were exercised, these would raise cash proceeds of $2.94 M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported an update on development progress at El Compas project in Zacatecas. The plant refurbishment is 90% complete, mine power and mine portal infrastructure completed and only 100 m of development to reach the ore body. The plant design has been modified to increase capacity from 250 tonnes per day (tpd) to 325 tpd, with the mine plan expanded from 200 tpd to 250 tpd, with potential to go to 500 tpd. The improved operating metrics would take production to 1.175 M AuEq Oz per year, and needs an increase of only 13% on Capex.
- Pan American Silver Corp. updated mineral reserves and resources, including figures for its properties in Mexico. Globally Pan American mined 30.6 M contained Ag Oz of its silver reserves, but replaced 33.2 M contained Ag Oz, to end 2017 with 288.4 M contained Ag Oz.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. released results of seven drill holes targeting the Sulfide Zone under the oxide resource at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Significant results comprise 2 m @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu; 2 m @ 1,300 g/t Ag, 13.5% Zn, 3.9% Cu, 2.9% Pb; 4 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 4.3% Zn; 6 m @ 5.8% Zn, 0.47% Cu; 6 m @ 802 g/t Ag, 5.9% Zn, 3.3% Cu, 0.5% Pb.
- Avino Silver & Mines Ltd. completed an updated mineral resource estimate for the Avino property in Durango. This updated mineral resource estimate includes 34 drill holes that were completed during the drill programs from 2016 to 2017.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported updated mineral reserves and resources as Dec 31, 2017, including figures from its Mexican operations. The company has 5.07 M Oz Au in mineral reserves and resources in its Mexican projects, according to the table below. A total of $13 M and 41,500 m of drilling has been budgeted at Mulatos for exploration in 2018, with focus on Carricito.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released drill results from the infill program at its Tuligtic project in Puebla. The holes were drilled beneath the proposed pit, which stresses the potential for expansion. Highlighted intervals comprise: 101.45 m @ 1.94 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, including 46.20 m @ 3.87 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag, and 28.95 m @ 5.61 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 13.10 m @ 9.35 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag; 53.90 m @ 0.48 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, including 12.00 m @ 3.60 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag, and 5.00 m @ 7.91 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag; 57.55 m @ 1.29 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, including 3.00 m @ 16.87 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. filed a NI-43-101 compliant technical report on a mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. The indicated resource on the Blind Zone, El Sol, Las Victorias and the Skarn Front zones add up to 10.13 Mt @ 102 g/t Ag, 0.10 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 33.35 M Oz Ag, 34 K Oz Au, 319 M Lb Pb, 813 M Lb Zn, 33 M Lb Cu. The inferred resource in the Blind, El Sol and Skarn Front zones add another 8.68 Mt @ 74 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Zn, 4.5% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 20.72 M Oz Ag, 12 K Oz Au, 131 M Lb Pb, 870 M Lb Zn, 29 M Lb Cu. The four separate mineral deposits form sets of sub-parallel steeply dipping mineralized zones extending more than 1,000 m along strike and up to 600 m depth.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Leagold Mining Corp. announced the proposed take-over bid on Brio Gold Inc. by Leagold will now be completed on a Brio board supported basis. “The total consideration to be paid by Leagold in exchange for all of the issued and outstanding Brio shares is approximately US$279M….”. The combined entity is expected to produce between 420,000 and 475,000 oz of gold in 2018 Brio’s shareholder meeting is expected to be held in April 2018 (Los Filos, Guerrero).
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. entered into an arrangement agreement to facilitate the Company’s proposed reorganization to effect a re-domicile to the United Kingdom as Bacanora UK on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Upon listing Bacanora UK, Bacanora Canada intends to delist from the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Evrim Resources Corp. signed a letter of intent (LOI) with Coeur Mining Inc. on the Sarape epithermal Au-Ag project in Sonora. The transaction involves a US$100 K in cash upon signing a definitive agreement, a first-year commitment of US$500 K in exploration. Once those terms are completed Coeur can earn-in a 51% interest by producing a NI-43-101 preliminary economic analysis (PEA) on a minimum inferred resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. Coeur can elect to earn-in an additional 39% by delivering a NI-43-101 feasibility study (FS) on a minimum measured and indicated resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. From this point Coeur will pay US$100K per year until mining and construction permits are received, at which point Evrim can elect to participate on the JV with a 20% interest, or convert that interest to a 3% NSR, of which one third can be purchased by Evrim for US$2.0 M. Evrim will be the operator up to completion of the PEA, after which Coeur shall be the operator.
- Oroco Resource Corp. acquired a 77.5% interest on La China II and Amp. Santo Tomás Reduccion 1 mineral concessions from Santo Tomas Metals S.A. de C.V., and a 77.5% interest in an application for the Papago 17 application from Ubaldo Trevizo Ledezma, in Sinaloa. The three properties add to 6,978 ha and abut and surround the Santo Tomás copper porphyry. Oroco acquired its interest on La China II by the payment of CDN$6,700 and its interest on AMP Santo Tomas Reduccion 1 with the payment of CDN$33,400. The latter concession has been cancelled, but it is deemed to be recoverable to good standing. The Papgo 17 concession interest was acquired by the payment of CDN$6,700 and the issuance of 2 M shares. All three concessions are subject to a 2% NSR. Oroco also holds a 13.6% and an option to acquire a further 6.4% equity interest in Altamura Copper Corp., a British company that acquired the Santo Tomas concessions, and is in negotiations to acquire the remaining Altamura shares (Note for clarity.-Altamura has an ownership legal dispute with a third party on the Santo Tomas concessions, where the known deposit is).
On the picture below, section on the San Rafael Mine, as seen at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
Vancouver B.C. — February 20, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has signed a Letter of Intent (the “LOI”) with a subsidiary of Coeur Mining, Inc. (“Coeur”) on the Company’s Sarape epithermal gold-silver project in Sonora, Mexico. Coeur may acquire up to an 80% interest in Sarape by spending US$16.5 million on exploration, making staged cash payments of US$2.4 million, and completing a National Instrument (“NI”) 43-101 compliant Feasibility Study on a minimum measured and indicated resource estimate of 1,000,000 ounces gold equivalent, within a ten-year period. Sarape is located in an emerging epithermal gold belt that hosts Premier Gold’s Mercedes Mine, First Majestic Silver’s Santa Elena Mine, and the Ermitaño gold discovery, a project under option to First Majestic Silver.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 6th week of the year (February 5th to February 11th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with three companies reporting their Q4 and/or full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Silver Viper released drilling results from its Clemente project; Canuc Resources reported good surface sample results from its San Javier project; Centerra confirmed it explored two properties in the State during 2017. In Chihuahua VVC Exploration released drilling results from its Samalayuca copper project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals intends to drill up to seven of its project in 2018. In Guanajuato, Vangold initiated work on a PEA on its Pinguico property. In Veracruz Almadex disclosed good Cu-Au results from drilling at El Cobre project; Mexican Gold begun its 2018 drilling at Las Minas. ON MINING, Three companies, US Antimony, Maverix Metals and Coeur Mining presented production results for the fourth quarter and/or full year 2017. Auxico Resources disclosed metallurgical results from its properties in Sinaloa. Maverix Metals presented royalty earnings from its Mexican contracts. Torex Gold continues to ramp-up operations after the termination of the illegal blockade it was subject to on its El Limon – Guajes mine in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, Three companies announced the opening and/or closing of financial rounds: Torex Gold C$61.7 M, Advance Gold $190 K, Colibri Resource CAD$1 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Kootenay Silver released surface sample assays and from its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua, and drilling results by Pan American on its La Negra discovery in Sonora. Avino Silver released drilling results from several target areas on the Avino property in Durango. Hecla Miing reported an updated mineral reserve and resource estimate for its San Sebastian property in Durango. Endeavour Silver reported updated mineral reserve and resource estimates for six of its properties in Mexico. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silver Viper signed a LOI with Pan American Silver on the extended land package of the La Virginia property in Sonora. Evrim Resources acquired more ground on the Cuale project in Jalisco by optioning and staking. Coeur Mining announced two board changes, including the appointment of Eduardo Luna. Wolverine Minerals Corp. intends to proceed to a name change to Aloro Mining Corp.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Discovery Metals Corp. announced an exploration budget for 2018 of C$5.2 M to do geological mapping, geochemical sampling, geophysics and first stage drilling of up to seven of its projects. At Puerto Rico in Coahuila, mapping and sampling programs, including rehabilitation of underground workings, are underway. At La Kika, also in Coahuila, 20 holes have been completed by drilling 750 m since late December 2017, focusing in high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn mineralization in mantos and a prominent breccia zone. At Minerva, in Coahuila, mapping and sampling will be followed by drilling in Q2, in a property that exhibits porphyry characteristics, transitional to skarn and CRD mineralization. At Monclova, in Coahuila, the skarn/CRD property will be mapped and sampled prior to drilling in Q2. Further work for 2018 includes mapping and sampling in Q3 of the early stage Jemi, Renata and Santa Rosa projects.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. released results from drilling at its Clemente project in Sonora. Relevant core length results comprise 1.2 m @ 30 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb+Zn; 0.7 m @ 827 g/t Ag, 0.23 g/t Au, 0.37% Cu, 1.6% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 0.5 m @ 24 g/t Ag, 0.12 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 4.0 m @ 15 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 2.6% Zn; 3.2 m @ 16 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 2.2% Zn.
- Mexican Gold Corp. has begun the 2018 drilling program at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. The 3,000 m program will focus on resource expansion as well as exploration drilling on El Dorado Dike contact, El Dorado Juan Bran, Santa Cruz, Nopaltepec, Cinco Señores and Las Minillas zones.
- Vangold Mining Corp. has initiated a resource valuation and a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its El Pinguico project in Guanajuato. Drilling commenced on mid-January, with three of the 17 drill holes planned completed to date. The holes have intersected the underground stockpile (backfill) with an average recovery of 70% on the entire length and 43% on the broken material filling the old stopes.
- Canuc Resources Corp. reported surface rock sample results from the Carranza and Lydia zones of its San Javier project in Sonora. At Lydia two lines of samples 40 m apart were collected perpendicular to the trend of the breccias, with one line returning 10 m @ 210 g/t Ag, 5.0 g/t Au and the other returning two separate intervals of 4.0 m @ 244 g/t Ag, 2.27 g/t Au; 99 g/t Ag, 0.36 g/t Au. At Carranza, 4.0 m averaged 100 g/t Ag, anomalous Au, and a second 6 m interval 25 m to the south averaged 162 g/t Ag, 0.83 g/t Au.
- VVC Exploration Corp. released drilling results from its stratiform copper Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. At la Gloria zone, shallow core length intervals comprise: 7 m @ 0.46% Cu; 12 m @ 0.56% Cu; 10 m @ 0.67% Cu; 5 m @ 0.95% Cu. At Extensión La Gloria zone: 27 m @ 0.51% Cu; 51 m @ 0.36% Cu.
- Centerra Gold Inc. released an update on its global exploration activities, which includes two Mexican plays. Both properties are explored for orogenic gold mineralization in Sonora: La Glor, explored with Riverside Resources Inc. and La Navidad project, explored along with Millrock Resources Inc.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd. disclosed assays from the last two holes drilled on 2017 in the Raya Tembrillo and Porvenir zones of its El Cobre property in Veracruz. At Villa Rica, core length intervals intercepted 20.07 m @ 0.31 g/t Au, 0.03% Cu; 120.0 m @ 0.08 g/t Au, 0.37% Cu, including 58.0 m @ 0.15 g/t Au, 0.64% Cu (which include 38.0 m @ 0.16 g/t Au, 0.93% Cu). At Porvenir results comprise 64.5 m @ 0.37 g/t Au, 0.21% Cu (including 40.25 m @ 0.50 g/t Au, 0.25% Cu), 26.0 m @ 0.85 g/t Au, 0.27% Cu.
- United States Antimony Corp. announced the sale of 76.9 K Lb Sb and 212.8 K Lb Sb during December 2017 and January 2018 respectively. Construction of the pilot cyanide leach circuit at the Puerto Blanco mill for the leaching of the Los Juarez gold and silver tailings continues making progress. Plans are to ramp up production to the mill’s 100 tpd capacity, and then increase production to 400 tpd.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc. announced results from innovative metallurgical testing conducted on its Aguamas and Campanillas projects in Sinaloa. The tests conducted on gravity concentrates showed recoveries of over 98% Au and 87% Ag within the same leach. These tests have been conducted over the last year using a mix of acids composed of sulfuric acid and thioria. The extraction (less than one hour) is accelerated by the use of ultrasound technology and the process uses no external heat or pressure.
- Maverix Metals Inc. announced fourth quarter 2017 and full year production, including figures from La Colorada mine in Zacatecas. On La Colorada, Pan American Silver Corp. reported gold production of 1,258 ounces in Q4 2017 and 4,287 ounces for the full year 2017 at the La Colorada mine. Maverix has the right to purchase 100% of the payable gold production from La Colorada at the lesser of US$650/oz and the prevailing market price.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed that the processing plant continues to process 10 – 13 K tonnes per day (tpd) at its El Limon –Guajes mine in Guerrero. Recoveries have been approximately 85%, and grades close to 3 grams per tonne, with ore being processed from all three open pits, El Limon, Guajes, and El Limon Sur. At the January 30th meeting to set a date for the union selection vote, the Labour Board agreed on a meeting on February 13th, to set the date for the union selection vote. According to the company, the operations continue to ramp up with excellent support from local communities, unionized employees, staff employees, and contractors.
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported fourth quarter and full year 2017 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. For the full year 2017, at Palmarejo in Chihuahua, 1.5 M tons were milled @ 169 g/t Ag, 2.89 g/t Au, recovering 86.0% Ag, 90.0% Au to produce 7.24 M Oz Ag, 121,569 Oz Au. The exploration expense at Palmarejo was $11.9 M in 2017, following the discovery of several new veins. Mining is now at a steady rate of approximately 4,500 tons per day.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. closed its previously announced bought deal financing for gross proceeds of C$61.7 M. “The net proceeds of the Offering will be used to fund and provide liquidity for its working capital obligations during the re-start and ramp-up of the ELG Mine Complex, as required….”. Cash reserves, prior to the close of the Offering, were US$64 M including US$14 M set aside for reclamation obligations (El Limon-Guajes, Guerrero).
- Advance Gold Corp. closed its private placement financing for gross proceeds of $190 K (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
- Colibri Resource Corp. is to proceed with a non-brokered private placement intending to raise up to CAD$1 M in gross proceeds. The funds are to be used on the drilling of it’s El Pilar project in Sonora.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released the results of the final 10 holes from the 2017 infill drilling campaign by Pan American Silver Corp. at the La Negra zone on the Promontorio project in Sonora. Drill highlights comprise: 50.65 m @ 136 g/t Ag, including 1.05 m @ 1,625 g/t Ag; 49.15 m @ 247 g/t Ag, including 14.55 m @ 515 g/t Ag; 59.20 m @ 237 g/t Ag, including 5.15 m @ 1,161 g/t Ag; 56.05 m @ 93 g/t Ag, including 10.30 m @ 309 g/t Ag; 11.05 m @ 106 g/t Ag; 95.85 m @ 79 g/t Ag, including 7.20 m @ 434 g/t Ag. The 2018 drill program is anticipated to developing drill targets outside of the La Negra discovery.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. announced results from 19 holes on the Chirumbo, Guadalupe and San Juventino areas of the main Avino mine in the Avino property in Durango. The Chirumbo area is at the East of the Avino vein, with the holes intercepting several structures with results like 7.05 m @ 1.47 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag; 8.85 m @ 0.80 g/t Au, 18 g/t Ag, 0.24% Cu; 5.50 m @ 5.18 g/t Au, 7 g/t Ag, 0.12% Cu; 21.3 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag, 0.33% Cu; 5.80 m @ 4.75 g/t Au, 55 g/t Ag, 0.84% Cu; 18.45 m @ 82 g/t Ag; 39.35 m @ 0.24 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag, 0.50% Cu; 38.95 m @ 15 g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu; 29.50 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.72% Cu. Seven more holes at the Guadalupe vein, west of the Gonzalo vein, returned 3.55 m @ 2.29 g/t Au, 18 g/t Ag; 9.20 m @ 1.28 g/t Au, 89 g/t Ag, 0.88% Cu. At the intersection of the Avino-San Juventino and the Footwall breccia intersect, five holes were drilled returning 10.05 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 88 g/t Ag; 17.65 m @ 0.16 g/t Au, 58 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu; 12.40 m @ 0.17 g/t Au, 65 g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu; 21.05 m @ 19 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu; 13.05 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 53 g/t Ag; 16.00 m @ 0.89 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.12% Cu; 7.65 m @ 0.16 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, 0.29% Cu; 23.75 m @ 0.070 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released surface sample results from a new area with multi-gram gold and silver mineralization at its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. “Gold mineralization has been traced by prospecting, mapping and sampling along mineralized structures within a broad area measuring 500 by 1000 meters. The gold trend is open on strike in both directions.” Highlighted grab and panel sample results comprise: 10.85 g/t Au, 179 g/t Ag, 7.8% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 4.59 g/t Au, 159 g/t Ag, 4.6% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 4.24 g/t Au, 81 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, 2.7% Zn; 12.35 g/t Au, 80 g/t Ag, 5.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 7.39 g/t Au, 64 g/t Ag, 5.0% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 5.41 g/t Au, 89 g/t Ag, 7.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 4.7 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag, 3.1% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 4.63 g/t Au, 89 g/t Ag, 5.8% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 3.66 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 3.2% Pb, 0.4% Zn.
- Hecla Mining Co. reported updated mineral reserve and resources, including figures for its San Sebastian property in Durango. Proven and probable reserves in this property comprise 398 K tons @ 432 g/t Ag, 3.11 g/t Au containing 5.52 M Oz Ag, 43 K Oz Au. Measured and indicated resources stand at 1.5 M tons @ 175 g/t Ag, 2.25 g/t Au, 2.9% Pb, 3.8% Zn, 1.7% Cu, containing 8.8 M Oz Ag, 103 K Oz Au, 15,520 tons Pb, 20,350 tons Zn, 9,020 tons Cu. Inferred resources hold 2.9 M tonnes @ 166 g/t Ag, 0.96 g/t Au, 1.8% Pb, 2.5% Zn, 1.5% Cu containing 15.98 M Oz Ag,95 K Oz Au, 23,660 tones Pb, 23,770 tons Zn, 19,520 tons Cu.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported updated mineral resources estimates for its operations in Mexico. Proven and probable mineral reserves on its Guanacevi (Durango), Bolañitos (Guanajuato), El Cubo (Guanajuato) and Terronera (Jalisco) properties amount to 5.27 M tonnes @ 198 g/t Ag, 1.86 g/t Ag; measured and indicated resources in these units and El Compas (Zacatecas), Guadalupe y Calvo (Chihuahua) and Parral (Chihuahua) amount to 5.12 M tonnes @ 192 g/t Ag, 1.90 g/t Au, while indicated resources for all units comprise 6.63 M tonnes @ 227 g/t Ag, 1.23 g/t Au. Indicated mineral resources with base metals on Guanacevi and Parral amount to 1.99 M tonnes @ 78 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 0.78% Pb, 1.32% Zn, and inferred resources comprise 1.79 M tonnes @ 82 g/t Ag, 0.68 g/t Au, 2.23% Pb, 2.35% Zn. Reserves and measured and indicated resources add to 70.1 M Oz Ag, 362,900 Oz Au, while inferred resources hold 53.1 M Oz Ag, 300,800 Oz Au
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. signed a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with Pan American Silver Corp. to acquire the La Virgina project in Sonora. The project consists of three concessions totaling 35,598 hectares near the border with Chihuahua. The LOI, combined with a LOI signed in December 2017 with the claim owners will restore all the original land holdings into a single exploration property. Silver Viper can acquire 100% ownership in return for a 2% net smelter return royalty over the entirety of Silver Viper’s consolidated La Virginia project. Past drilling includes 52,635.45 m in 188 holes, besides mapping and geochemistry of the property. Mineralization is characterized by low sulfidation epithermal gold-silver bearing quartz stockworks, veins and hydrothermal breccias hosted in andesites and felsic dykes.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced the acquisition of 50 square Km of prospective land adjacent to its Cuale prospect in Jalisco. The area immediately to the west and north of the claim group was staked, expanding the total project area to 147 Km. The high temperature footprint supported by Terraspec clay mineral identification has been extended to an area of 2.3 by 2.2 Km.
- Coeur Mining Inc. announced the appointment of Eduardo Luna and Jessica L. McDonald to the board of directors. “Mr. Luna has spent over forty years in the precious metals mining industry and has held prior senior executive and board positions at several companies including Industrial Peñoles, Goldcorp Inc., Luismin SA de CV, Wheaton River Minerals Ltd., Alamos Gold Inc., and Primero Mining Corp. …”.” Ms. McDonald has extensive leadership experience in both the public and private sectors….” (Palmarejo, Chihuahua).
- Wolverine Minerals Corp. intends to proceed to a name change to Aloro Mining Corp. (Los Venados, Sonora).
- Primero Mining Corp. is to hold a special meeting of its shareholders and a meeting of holders to consider the proposed plan whereby First Majestic Silver Corp. will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Primero (San Dimas, Durango).