VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 09, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (TSX: EDR, NYSE: EXK) reports its production results for the Third Quarter, 2019 from the Company’s four silver-gold mines in Mexico: the Guanaceví mine in Durango state, the Bolañitos and El Cubo mines in Guanajuato state and the El Compas mine in Zacatecas state.
TORONTO, Ontario, October 9, 2019 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX: TXG) announces that it will release its Q3 2019 financial and operational results early morning on Wednesday, October 30, 2019, followed by a conference call hosted by senior management.
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (“Azure” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that having restarted exploration on its 100%-owned Alacrán Project, the first program has returned very high grades of silver, gold, copper, lead and zinc from sampling of mine dumps at five separate groups of historical mine workings located in the southeast of the property
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today announced certain preliminary results1 for the third quarter of 2019.
- Silver production of 3.3 million ounces, and gold production of 77,331 ounces.
- Silver equivalent production of 12.6 million ounces or gold equivalent production of 145,536 ounces.2
- Lead production of 6,226 tons; zinc production of 15,589 tons.
- Cash and cash equivalents of approximately $33 million, a $24 million increase over June 30th, 2019, with outstanding debt slightly lower.
The Mining and Exploration News in Mexico: Highlights on the First Week of October, 2019
By Jorge Cirett
During the 40th week of the year (September 30th to October 6th, 2019), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Gold production declined 2.8% in 2018. On the illegal blockade at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas, the president of Mexico asked for both parties to solve their differences (not pronouncing himself on the illegality of the blockade). Frisco and Cemex suffered big losses at the Mexican stock exchange. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Magna Gold signed a LOI on the San Judas project in Sonora; Colibri Resource is to complete mapping and sampling on its Evelyn project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver signed a surface access agreement on the Copalito project. In Zacatecas, Alien Metals is eyeing a drill program on its San Celso project. ON MINING, Alien Metals presented financial results for the first semester 2019. Torex Gold produced 138,100 Oz Au at El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero during the Q3 2019. ON FINANCING, Southern Silver, Millrock Resources and Alien Metals granted 3.25 M, 1.88 M and 7 M incentive options respectively to officers, directors, employees and consultants. Fortuna Silver closed a bought deal financing for US$40 M. Azure Minerals raised $4 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GoGold resources released results for one more hole at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Premier Gold released results on drilling at the Lupita extension on its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Goldplay disclosed channel surface sample results at its San Marcial property in Sinaloa. Silver Bull provided results from eleven more drill holes at the Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila (halted by an illegal blockade). ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Magna Gold signed a LOI on the San Judas project in Sonora. Silver Bull halted exploration at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila, due to an illegal blockade by a mining cooperative demanding a royalty payment on a property that is not in production. Fortuna Silver terminated the option on Prospero Silver’s Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. Millrock and Riverside entered into a definitive agreement on the La Union, Los Cuarentas, El Pima, El Valle, and Llano del Nogal projects in Sonora. Santacruz Silver approved the acquisition of the remaining 50% of PCG Mining S.A. de C.V., parent company of Carrizal Mining, S.A. de C.V.. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. No relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Gold production in Mexico declined by 2.8% in July 2019. This is the 28th consecutive month of production contractions, the longest since 1981, according to INEGI (Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía). In 2016 the production declined by 5.2%, in 2017 another 13.6% and a further 9.7% in 2018. Mineral products with annual increments include zinc at 10.7%, iron pellets with 2.9%, lead with 2.5%, sulphur with 1.6% and coal with 0.8%.
- On Peñasquito’s illegal blockade, Mexico’s president, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, asked both parties two solve their differences in the conflict that has now more than two weeks (he did not mention the blockade being illegal). Newmont Goldcorp has offered more than US$25 M in investments, amount that the blockaders reckon as lacking. The Peñasquito mine produced 272,000 Oz Au last year, and had re-started production in mid-June after a first illegal blockade by truckers wanting to get a contract and locals accusing the company of water availability issues.
- To the 3rd of October Frisco and Cemex have suffered big losses in the Mexican stock exchange (S&P/BMV IPC), 13.76% and 6.24% respectively, under the current commercial instability between USA and the European Union. Frisco is one of the biggest mining companies in Mexico, with operations in Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Zacatecas and Aguascalientes (although Frisco is also known for its scant releases on reserves and resources). Cemex is the biggest Mexican cement producer, with operations internationally.
- Magna Gold Corp. signed a LOI to explore the San Judas project in Sonora. The two mineral concessions cover 2806 ha underlain by a Precambrian basement composed of granite, gneiss, pegmatites and schist. “The entire sequence is affected by multiple deformations and the emplacement of intrusions such as leucocratic granites and andesitic dikes”. Gold mineralization is associated with quartz-breccia veins, quartz veins and “quartz stockworks emplaced along a series of parallel, foliated, low-angle shear zones within the igneous-metamorphic sequence”. Assays in an historical rock chip sample database have values of up to 230 gpt gold.
- Colibri Resource Corp. contracted Auro Metallum Geology Consulting Services of Hermosillo, in Sonora, to complete a geological mapping study of its 506 ha Evelyn Gold Project near Caborca in Sonora. Recent sampling has returned up to 4.8 gpt Au from abundant quartz in sub-crop in a new zone identified by soil sampling.
- Alien Metals Ltd. updated on the exploration of its San Celso and Los Campos projects in Zacatecas. At San Celso a next step of work will examine a drill program funded by a third party to test the strike extension of the main veins, and the depth extension below the existing workings.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. signed a surface access agreement with the local ejido at the Copalito project in Sinaloa. Said agreement allows the company to mapping, sampling, geophysics, trenching and drilling. The 3,700 ha project covers a low sulfidation epithermal system with numerous veins, traced over up to 2 km of length, and 0.5 to 15 meters in width. Sampling has returned assays of up to 8.2 gpt Au, 532 gpt Ag, 17.4% Zn, 9.9% Pb and 5.1% Cu.
- Alien Metals Ltd. presented its financial results for the first semester of 2019. As of the end of the period the company had total assets of US$1.2 M, of which US$0.4 M was cash, and current total liabilities for US$0.1 M (Donovan 2, Zacatecas).
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. announced gold production of 138,100 ounces of gold during Q3 2019, on track to meet it 2019 production guidance of 430,000 ounces. During the period plant throughput averaged 12,370 tonnes per day (tpd), underground mining 1,110 tpd, open pit mining 14,270 tpd (El Limon-Guajes, Guerrero).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. granted 3.25 M incentive stock options to directors, officers and consultants, exercisable at $0.27 per common share for a period of five years. The rolling incentive stock option plan was also approved, pursuant to which a maximum of 10% of the issued shares will be reserved for issuance under the plan. (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Millrock Resources Inc. approved a grant of stock options to employees, officers, directors and advisers to the company, granting a total of 1.88 M stock options exercisable at $0.09 for five years. The company is also to settle debt owed for deferred cash compensation to certain officers, directors and employees by issuing 819 K Millrock shares (Batamote, Sonora).
- Alien Metals Ltd. granted 7 M options to its technical director, Brill Brodie. All shares are exercisable from 1 October 2019, of which 3 M can be exercised at 0.22 pence, 3 M at 0.30 pence and 4 M at 0.45 pence (San Celso, Zacatecas).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. closed the previously announced bought deal offering of senior subordinated unsecured convertible debentures for an aggregate principal amount of US$40 M. “The Debentures mature on October 31, 2024 and will bear interest at a rate of 4.65% per annum, payable semi-annually in arrears on the last business day of April and October in each year, commencing on April 30, 2020. The Debentures will be convertible at the holder’s option into common shares in the capital of the Company” at a conversion price of US$5.00 per share (San José, Oaxaca).
- Azure Minerals Ltd. raised $4 M (before costs) through a placement to institutional and sophisticated investors “to relaunch an aggressive exploration push on the Alacrán silver and gold projects” in Sonora. Azure is to undertake drilling to increase mineral resources at the Loma Bonita Au-Ag deposit, today standing at 150 K Oz Au, 4.8 M Oz Ag in 5.4 M tonnes @ 0.9 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results from one more hole completed on the San Juan area of its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. The hole returned 21.0 m @ 1.38 gpt Au, 146 gpt Ag (3.33 gpt AuEq), including 5.0 m @ 4.36 gpt Au, 436 gpt Ag (10.2 gpt AuEq). The San Juan area is located 400 m NW from the Los Ricos Main area.
- Premier Gold Mines Inc. released results from its drilling program focused on delineating new mineral resources in the Lupita Extension at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Highlighted results comprise 3.6 m @ 7.18 gpt Au, 54 gpt Ag; 1.8 m @ 24.24 gpt Au, 179 gpt Ag; 3.4 m @ 8.86 gpt Au, 67 gpt Ag; 3.1 m @ 13.65 gpt Au, 80 gpt Ag. The Neo target is 400 m north of San Martin is a possible extension of the Diluvio system, with one of three drill holes returning 3.1 m @ 13.65 gpt Au, 80 gpt Ag.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. disclosed results from channel sampling on the Faisanes target of the San Marcial project in Sinaloa. The samples were cut by saw along the access road walls and road surface, returning 10 m @ 98 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au) 0.6 m @ 587 gpt Ag, nil Au; 1.0 m @ 214 gpt Ag, nil Au; 1.1 m @ 42 gpt Ag, nil Au; 1.0 m @ 41 gpt Ag, 0.26 gpt Au.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. provided results from eleven more drill holes from its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlights from the holes comprise: 17.1 m of oxide mineralization @ 120 gpt Ag, 0.43% Cu (including 1.35 m @ 539 gpt Ag, 0.27% Cu and 2.25 m @ 198 gpt Ag, 1.66% Cu and 0.55 m @ 403 gpt Ag, 1.6% Cu); 5.2 m of sulfide mineralization @ 149 gpt Ag, 0.87% Cu, 4.67% Zn. Due to an illegal blockade by a cooperative of miners who hold a royalty on two claims, the drill program has been paused.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Magna Gold Corp. entered into a binding letter of intent (LOI) with the private owners of the two mining concessions forming the 2,806 ha San Judas project in Sonora. The deal involves payments of US$50 K on signature of the definitive agreement, US$50 K on the first year, US$100 K on the second year, US$150 K on the third year, US$300 K on the fourth year and US$1.,03 M on the fifth year, all figures plus VAT.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. halted all work on the Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila due to a blockade by a cooperative of local miners called Sociedad Cooperativa de Exploración Minera Mineros Norteños, S.C.L.. The company has an agreement with the said cooperative on two mineral concessions in the eastern part of the Sierra Mojada project, under which they have the right of a 2% production royalty. Since 2014 the cooperative filed a suit fighting for payment of the royalty, notwithstanding the lack of production from the property. The cooperative also demands payments of wages for individuals that have not worked for the company, neither received employment commitments from Silver Bull. The cooperative has now illegally blockaded access to the project in an attempt to force a settlement before the final ruling. “Silver Bull is working with authorities to resolve the situation in a safe, fair, and timely manner”.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. announced the termination of the Pachuca SE property option agreement signed previously with Prospero Silver Corp. (San José, Oaxaca).
- Millrock Resources Inc. entered definitive agreements to sell the La Union, Los Cuarentas, El Pima, El Valle, and Llano del Nogal claim blocks to Riverside Resources Inc., as well a copy of its exploration database and exploration vehicles also to Riverside. Consideration paid to Millrock is $35 K cash and 150 K Riverside shares, and a 0.5% NSR on the El Pima, El Valle and Santa Rosalia (conditional on this one) claims. “Millrock has retained the El Batamote copper porphyry project and this will be the sole focus of Millrock’s exploration effort in Mexico going forward” (Batamote, Sonora).
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. shareholders approved in its last annual general meeting held in October 1, 2019, the re-election of directors, the auditor of the company and the approval of the existing 10% rolling stock option plan. Also approved was the acquisition of the remaining 50% of the outstanding shares of PCG Mining S.A. de C.V. from a non-arm’s length party in consideration for the issue of 30 M common shares of the company. Upon completion of the transaction the company will own 100% of PCG, which is the parent holding company of Carrizal Mining, S.A. de C.V..
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No Relevant News.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Sheeted quartz veining in metamorphic rocks from an orogenic gold project in Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Quartz vein displaying lattice bladed texture
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirty-nine week of the year (September 23th to September 29th, 2019), at least 21 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven informing on exploration results, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, three announcing financial rounds, two communicating production results, one reporting on resources and development of their projects, one commenting on Mexican issues, and one notifying on social responsibility. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Los Gatos mine was inaugurated in San José del Sitio, Chihuahua with an investment of USD $366M. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium announced the continuation of the phase 3 drilling program at its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Ridgestone released historical assays results from its Rebeico project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay reported drilling results from its Columba project. In Durango, Canasil reported high grade sampling results from its Nora property. In Jalisco, GoGold released drill results from its Los Ricos project. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold announced 3,000m of drilling and its exploration plan for the remainder 2019 on its Las Minas project, and Azucar Minerals released drilling results from its El Cobre project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold provided an update on its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Azure also provided an update on the first phase small-scale mining program at its Oposura project in Sonora. ON FINANCING, Aztec Minerals applied to the TSX to extend the term of 2,551,250 common share purchase warrants (Cervantes project, Sonora). Silver Viper closed a private placement for gross proceeds of $4M (La Virginia project, Sonora). Gold Resource declared its monthly dividend for September 2019 to shareholders (Arista mine, Oaxaca). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Prime informed that the company completed a formal visit to its Los Reyes property in Sinaloa, to attend meetings with local stakeholders, to secure surface access and begin site preparation, and to initiate exploration and engineering work for the planned production phase. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Advance Gold announced that a geophysical adviser was added to its exploration team (Tabasquena project, Zacatecas). Colibri Resources entered into a property option agreement with Tocvan Ventures Corp., on its Pilar property in Sonora. Consolidated Zinc completed the acquisition of a 100% interest of the Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Vizsla entered into a definitive share purchase agreement to acquire an option on the Panuco-Copala mining camp in Sinaloa. Ridgestone entered in an agreement to acquire a 100% interest in 10 mining concessions adjacent to its Rebeico project in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Fortuna Silver, through its subsidiary Minera Cuzcatlán, has invested MXP $177.2M in social programs in Oaxaca, Mexico.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Los Gatos mine was inaugurated in San José del Sitio, Chihuahua. The governor of Chihuahua State, Javier Corral, participated in the inauguration of the Los Gatos mines, located in San Jose del Sitio, Chihuahua. The mine was built with an investment of USD$ 366M among the Japanese company Dowa Mining and the American Sunshine Silver Mining company, for an estimated daily production of 2,500 tons of ore, which will be processed in the same plant with state-of-the-art technology, to obtain concentrates of Ag, Pb, and Zn. Governor Javier Corral celebrated the alliance of Japanese and American capital that occupied 1,800 people in construction and will give permanent employment to another 510 on its operation.
- One World Lithium, announced the continuation of the phase 3 drilling program at its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. The phase three will consists of 3 holes adjacent to previously partly drilled holes 1, 9, and 11, and 1 hole located 50km to the south, for a total of 2,400m. Each hole has planned depths of 600m. Each hole will be drilled with a mud rotary rig that will set casing to 200 meters and then core drilled to the planned total depth of 600 meters. Objectives of the drilling program are “to determine the presence of aquifers that may contain concentrations of lithium in brines at depth; to collect representative, depth-specific groundwater samples for chemical analysis of major elements, including Li; to obtain drill core samples for analysis for drainable porosity that will assist in resource estimations; and to use borehole lithologic descriptions to identify hydrogeologic units and the stratigraphy of the basin; to help calibrate existing and future geophysical surveys; and to create a hydrogeologic model to develop a potential future Li resource”.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc., released historical assays results from its Rebeico project in Sonora. These assays are from rock chip samples obtained by the Servicio Geológico Mexicano (SGM) at El Cobre, Tres Hermanos, Amargosa I and II, La Amargosita, and Campo Seco old workings. At El Cobre, two samples taken on the vein reported 0.8 g/t Au, 39 g/t Ag, 1.67% Cu, and 0.12% Mo over 1.18m, and 0.7 g/t Au, 50 g/t Ag, 0.51% Cu, and 0.18% Mo over 1.12m. In addition, two dump samples returned 0.5 g/t Au, 102 g/t Ag, 2.41% Cu, and 0.30% Mo, and 0.35 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, 2.07% Cu, and 1.22% Mo. At Tres Hermanos, highlights include 14.6 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag over 1.30m; 8.13 g/t Au and 17 g/t Ag over 1.20m; 3.4 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, and 0.14% Cu over 1.90m; and 1.4 g/t Au, 137 g/t Ag, and 2.72% Cu over 1.0m. At La Amargosa I and II, 10 g/t Au and 3.48% Cu over 0.7m; 5.86 g/t Au and 1.85% Cu over 0.68m; and 2.66 g/t Au and 0.55% Cu over 0.71m. At La Amargosita, 17 g/t Au, 73 g/t Ag, and 0.45% Cu over 1.30m and one dump sample with 0.1 g/t Au, 777 g/t Ag, and 1.56% Cu. At Campo Seco, 0.1 g/t Au, 18 g/t Ag and 7.49% Cu over 0.55m.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., reported drilling results from three holes drilled on the F Vein and five holes drilled on the I Vein at its Columba project in Chihuahua. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole CDH-19-011 with 133 g/t Ag, 0.04% Pb, and 0.15% Zn over 11.0m, including 245 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.1% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over 5.0m, and including 648 g/t Ag, 0.63 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, and 0.6% Zn over 1.0m, on the F Vein, and 228 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.6% Zn over 1.2m and 102 g/t Ag, and 0.1% Zn over 1.68m on the foot wall vein; in hole CDH-19-012 with 184 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, 0.1% Pb, and 0.4% Zn over 11.0m, including 476 g/t Ag, 0.66 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 1% Zn over 3.15m, including 476 g/t Ag, 0.66 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 1% Zn over 3.15m, and including 755 g/t Ag, 1.16 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, and 1.7% Zn over 1.75m on the F Vein, and three intersections on the hanging wall of 113 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 1.35m, 699 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.8% Zn over 2.1m, and 113 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 0.6m; in hole CDH-19-013 with 273 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn over 4.15m on I Vein, including 697 g/t Ag, 0.15% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over 0.65m, and 328 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn over 2.65m; in hole CDH-19-014 with 261 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.6% Zn over 5.01m on the I Vein, and 894 g/t Ag, and 0.4% Zn over 0.42m on the hanging wall; in hole CDH-19-015 with 1,005 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.7% Zn over 0.3m on the I Vein; and in hole CDH-29-016 with 357 g/t Ag on the I Vein. “Drilling continues at the property with a total of 24 holes completed to date and the program being expanded from 3000 meters to approximately 4500 meters. It is anticipated that a total of 35 to 40 holes will be completed by early November with assay results continuing into December”.
- Canasil Resources Inc., reported high grade results from 21 surface samples taken along the Candy vein, 31 samples collected from adjacent country rocks, and 12 dump samples at its Nora project in Durango. The Candy vein, an epithermal Au-Ag target, has not been previously drilled. There has been limited, historical mining of the Candy vein, and small mineralized waste dumps are present. Average of the 21 samples collected along the Candy vein is 1.69 g/t Au, 140 g/t Ag, 0.4% Cu, 1.6% Pb, and 0.6% Zn over 0.68m, with the highest Au value of 12.55 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 1% Cu, 2.7% Pb, and 0.7% Zn over 0.40m, and the highest Ag value of 605 g/t Ag, 3.72 g/t Au, 0.97% Cu, 1.2% Pb, and 0.4% Zn over 1.0m. The average grade of the 12 dump samples is 1.40 g/t Au, 86 g/t Ag, 1.1% Cu, 3.4% Pb, and 1.6% Zn. These results will be interpreted to identify possible locations for subsequent drilling.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drilling results of four new holes drilled at Los Ricos Main Area and three new holes drilled at San Juan Area from its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Significant drill intersections at Los Ricos Main Area were encountered in hole LRGG-19-038 with 0.72 g/t Au and 165 g/t Ag (2.92 g/t AuEq) over 21.2m, including 1.33 g/t Au and 302 g/t Ag (5.36 g/t AuEq); in hole LRGG-19-040 with 0.4 g/t Au and 115 g/t Ag (1.93 g/t AuEq) over 17.5m, including 0.89 g/t Au and 281 g/t Ag (4.64 g/t AuEq) over 4.5m; in hole LRRGG-19-041 with 1.14 g/t Au and 115 g/t Ag (2.68 g/t AuEq) over 23.3 m, including 4.6 g/t Au and 398 g/t Ag (9.91 g/t AuEq) over 5.5m; and in hole LRGG-19-042 with 0.47 g/t Au and 69 g/t Ag (1.40 g/t AuEq) over 29.2m, including 1.65 g/t Au and 224 g/t Ag (4.63 g/t AuEq) over 6.7m. At San Juan Area, the most significant drill intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-19-045 with 0.59 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag (1.04 g/t AuEq) over 20m, including 2.92 g/t Au and 91 g/t Ag (4.123 g/t AuEq) over 3.5m; and in hole LRGG-19-046 with 0.36 g/t Au and 62 g/t Ag (1.19 g/t AuEq) over 36m, including 1.3 g/t Au and 220 g/t Ag (4.24 g/t AuEq) over 5.5m.
- Mexican Gold Corp., announced an aggressive exploration plan for the remainder of 2019 at its Las Minas project in Veracruz, including a drill program of 3,000m. The company plans to drill test the Pueblo Nuevo, Cinco Señores TEM anomaly, Las Minillas, and El Dorado targets, and test the conceptual targets of Sub-Sill and the Mancuerna Dike Swarm for potential skarn mineralization.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., reported results from its ongoing drilling program at its El Cobre project in Veracruz at Norte, Villa Rica, Porvenir and Suegro targets. The most significant intervals were encountered at the Norte Target, where the hole EC-19-077 intersected 0.26 g/t Au and 0.11% Cu over 43.50m, including 0.53 g/t Au and 0.21% Cu and the hole EC-19-082 intersected 0.25 g/t Au and 0.12% Cu over 237.30m, including 0.63 g/t Au and 0.27% Cu over 44.45m, and another interval of 1.01 g/t Au and 0.33% Cu over 12.75m. At El Porvenir target, hole EC-19-078 intersected 82 g/t Au and 0.02% Cu over 12m, including 20.6 g/t Au and 0.01% Cu over 1.0m.
- Mexus Gold US, provided an update on its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. The compnay informed that all systems are working properly but the Merrill Crow Au recovery plant currently in use is running at 30 gpm and producing 3Oz Au per day. Mexus is moving a new plant to Santa Elena which will have the capacity to run up to 500 gpm. This new equipment is expected to be operational in October, which allows the company to reach its long term production goal.
- Azure Minerals Limited provided an update on the first phase small-scale mining program at its Oposura project in Sonora. Azure extracted and stockpiled an estimate of 6,100 tons of 13.4% Zn and 10.7% Pb from open pit, including 2,100 tonnes of 24% Zn and 18.3% Pb. Tonnages and grades exceed significantly the mineral resource estimate for this part of the deposit. Ore processing will start in the December quarter and will continue for 2-3 months. “Azure will produce separate Zn and Pb-Ag concentrates and expects to sell them on the spot market to locally-based metals traders or smelters, several of which have expressed strong interest in these products”.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., applied to TSX to extend the term of an aggregate of 2,551,250 common share purchase warrants by one year from October 21, 2019 to October 21, 2020. “Each warrant entitles the holder to acquire one common share in the capital of the company at an exercise price of $0.25 per common share until the current expiry date of October 21, 2019. An aggregate of 23,750 warrants have been exercised to date and 550K warrants are held, directly or indirectly, by insiders of the company. The extension of the term of the warrants for an additional year is subject to the acceptance of TSX” (Cervantes project, Sonora).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., closed a private placement for gross proceeds of $4M. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration and development of its la Virginia project in Sonora, and for general corporate and working capital purposes.
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared its monthly dividend of 1/6 of a cent per common share for September 2019, payable in October 23, 2019 to their shareholders (Arista mine, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Mining Corp., informed that the company completed a formal visit to its Los Reyes property in Sinaloa, to attend meetings with local stakeholders, to secure surface access and begin site preparation and to initiate exploration and engineering work for the planned production phase. The company has initiated a 5,000m trenching and surface sampling program on mineralized structures to provide valuable assay data to be used in conjunction with down drill data to update resource estimation. “The current trenching program will provide greater confidence in the conversion of these blocks to indicated resources for the upcoming resource estimate”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Advance Gold Corp., announced that a geophysical adviser with over 40 years of international mining exploration experience was added to its exploration team (Tabasquena project, Zacatecas).
- Colibri Resources Corporation, entered into a property option agreement with Tocvan Venture Corp., on its 100% owned Pilar project in Sonora. Tocvan has been granted a 60 days exclusivity period to complete a due diligence by paying Colibri $25K. If the due diligence is positive and Tocvan decide to continue the option agreement, it will have the option to earn 51% of the property over a 5 years period by issuing 2M common shares, paying CAD $100K to Colibri, 60 days after signing the final agreement, and performing CAD $250K of exploration expenditures at Pilar property during the first year. On year 2, Tocvan will pay CAD $ 50K to Colibri and will perform CAD $350K of exploration expenditures. On year 3, Tocvan will pay CAD $75K and issue 1M common shares to Colibri, and perform CAD $400K of exploration expenditures. On year 4, Tocvan will pay CAD $75K and issue 1M common shares to Colibri, and perform CAD $500K of exploration expenditures. On year 5, Tocvan will pay CAD $75K and issue 1M common shares to Colibri, and perform CAD $500k of exploration expenditures. Upon completion of these terms Tocvan will be granted a 6 month option to purchase the remaining 49% of Pilar in exchange for CAD $2M and a 2% NSR on the project, of which 1% could be sold by Colibri for a price of CAD $1M. Tocvan will operate the project during the option period.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, completed the acquisition of a 100% interest of the Plomosas mine in Chihuahua by acquiring the remaining 10% interest from Retec Guaru S.A. de C.V.
- Vizsla Resources Corp., entered in a definitive share purchase agreement to acquire an option over the consolidated mineral rights, infrastructure and processing facilities comprising the large scale Panuco-Copala mining camp in Sinaloa. Vizsla has agreed to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Canam Alpine Ventures Ltd. Vizsla will acquire Canam for a total staged consideration of 18M common shares of Vizsla by issue 6M common shares on closing of the acquisition, 6.5M common shares upon definition of a resource greater than 200K Oz AuEq, and 5.5M common shares upon exercise of the option. Also, Vizsla will pay USD $700K on signing, USD $450K in the first anniversary of signing, USD $5,184,500 and work commitment of USD $3,423,000 in the second anniversary of signing, USD $6,846,000 in the third anniversary of signing, USD $8,557,500 in the fourth anniversary of signing, USD $9,269,000 in the fifth anniversary of signing, and USD $11,907,425 in the sixth anniversary of signing.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc., entered in an agreement to purchase a 100% interest in 10 mining concessions adjacent to its Rebeico project in Sonora. These 10 mining concessions cover an area of 3,292 hectares and contain numerous artisanal old workings and mineralized outcrops. Terms of the acquisition include a cash payment of USD $83K and the issuance of 5M common shares of Ridgestone to the vendor.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., through its subsidiary Minera Cuzcatlán has invested MXP $172.2M in San Jose del Progreso, Oaxaca and surrounding communities, since it started operations in 2011. One of the most outstanding projects to date is the breeding and fattening of lambs in the community of El Cuajilote. This has been successfully promoted by Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán since 2016. The company contributes with inputs and technical advice, while producers provide labor. Additionally, the suppliers of inputs are 100% local, also benefiting companies in the region. Currently 70% of 400 square meters of productive infrastructure have been installed. The amount of sheep bellies, of a target of 90, has been increased by 45% by keeping them in the feeding and reproduction program. Likewise, the percentage of births has increased from 80% to 125%. In this way, Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán makes a difference for families benefiting from this and other programs, since they receive financial support by providing inputs for food by the company and training according to the productive or reproductive season.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, quartz vein with stibnite and displaying lattice bladed texture in a prospect in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Fault-bx with Mn oxides
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirty-seven week of the year (September 09th to September 15th, 2019), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with ten informing on exploration results, ten reporting on resources and development of their projects, four announcing financial rounds, four disclosing deals and corporate issues, and one commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Karen Flores was appointed as general director of the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX). ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro released drilling results from its Los Venados project, Riverside identified three targets from mapping and sampling its recently acquired Los Cuarenta project, Tamino announced its exploration expenditure guidance for 2019-2020, and Oceanus announced the commencement of the 2019 exploration program at its El Tigre project. In Chihuahua, Radius and Pan American Silver announced the commencement of the phase 3 drilling work at its Amalia project. In Durango, Gainey awarded drilling contract for its Las Margaritas project. In Jalisco, GoGold reported drill results from its Los Ricos project, and Silver Spruce announced high grade Au assay values from surface rock sampling conducted at its Cocula project. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold discovered a new resistivity anomaly at Cinco Señores area within its Las Minas project. ON MINING, US Antimony reported estimated sales for August 2019. Consolidated Zinc announced August 2019 production from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. ON FINANCING, Consolidated Zinc announced a plan to rise $3.5M via private placement and pro-rata non-renounceable rights offer (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua). Fortune announced a USD $40M bough deal financing (San Jose mine, Oaxaca), and granted an over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional USD $6M aggregate. Silver Viper increased its private placement to $4M (La Virginia project, Sonora). Defiance announced that it has applied for approval to extend by one year the expiry date of 5.75M of outstanding warrants (San Acacio project, Zacatecas). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Almaden provided an update of the progress achieved to build its Ixtaca mine in Puebla. Discovery Metals announced mobilization for a 35,000m drilling program at its recently acquired Cordero project in Chihuahua. Azure reported that Au-Ag exploration is underway on its Alacran project in Sonora. Impact released drilling results and expands at depth the San Ramon mine in its Zacualpan mining district in Mexico state. Leagold announced drilling results from its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. Orla awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction contract for its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. US Antimony reported progress on its Los Juarez Au-Ag project in Queretaro. Oroco filed a geological technical report regarding its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. Sonoro reported that a program of 3D modelling, mapping and sampling is underway at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Almaden appointed its new VP Project Development to oversee detailed engineering and construction of its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Golden Goliath granted stock options to directors, officers, employees and consultants (San Timoteo project, Chihuahua). Golden Minerals announced termination of sale agreement with Autlan regarding the sale of certain of its Mexican properties. Millrock completed the sale of certain of their Mexican mining concessions to Riverside. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Karen Flores, was appointed as general director of the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX). It will be the first time since its foundation in 1906 that CAMIMEX will be run by a woman.
- Aloro Mining Corp., released drilling results from the last four holes collared in the southeastern area of its Los Venados project in Sonora for a total of approximately 1,347m drilled. The drilling intersected a felsic dome with 3-10 weight percent pyrite content in pervasive altered volcanic flow units and intrusive dome rock unit up to 200 meters thick. Assay results were discouraging showing very low grade Au, between 0.1-0.2 g/t Au, in scattered intercepts from 1.5-7.6m wide throughout the broad zone of pyritized felsic dome. No more work is planned in this area of the concession.
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed the acquisition of Los Cuarenta project in Sonora from Millrock, where it has identified three targets. The Santa Rosalia target is the highest priority of the 3 targets and is defined by past open cut and underground vein mining where recent sampling has shown a strike length of more than 500 m and open to the east and west.
- Tamino Minerals Inc., announced its business development plan and exploration expenditure guidance for the period 2019-2020. The plan is to identify and acquire high-quality, advanced-stage exploration projects and discover early-stages opportunities that can be strategically tested and quickly progressed to key decision point. Exploration expenditure guidance are planned to be $5M in 2019-2010, with $2M in the Amalia project, $1.2M in the El Volcan project, and $1.8M in other small exploration projects and acquisitions.
- Oceanus Resources Corporation, announced the commencement of the 2019 exploration program at its El Tigre project in Sonora. The Company has recently mobilized the exploration team back to the property to continue prospecting and mapping, as well as, sampling in the area of the Caleigh vein. The objective of this program is to establish drill targets.
- Radius Gold Inc., and Pan American Silver Corp., announced the commencement of the phase 3 drilling program at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Pan American Silver intends to complete further geological mapping, re-logging of previous drill core, and drilling an additional 2,500 m as part of the phase 3 program.
- Gainey Capital Corp., announced that it has finalized the reparation and construction of approximately 39Km of road and a water reservoir system to support its planned drilling program at its Las Margaritas project in Durango. The company received the approval from SEMARNAT to drill up to 32 targets. Gainey has already awarded the drilling contract and will commence soon a first phase of drilling comprising 2,190m to test 16 drill targets.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drill results from four new holes drilled at the Main Zone, and underground channel sampling results from its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Significant intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-19-034 with 0.92 g/t Au and 177 g/t Ag (3.28 g/t AuEq) over 20.1m, including 3.41 g/t Au and 621 g/t Ag (11.68 g/t AuEq) over 4.9m; and in hole LRGG-19-035 with 1.29 g/t Au and 127 g/t Ag (2.99 g/t AuEq) over 24.4m, including 3 g/t Au and 258 g/t Ag (6.44 g/t AuEq) over 9.8m. In addition, GoGold rehabbed the historic El Troce old working where a mapping and channel sampling program was conducted. Encouraging results were obtained with grades varying from 0.98-6.8 g/t Au, and 44-492 g/t Ag over 2-3 m wide. Given the results, the company has decided to move a drill to test the targets at El Troce area.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., reported high grade Au assay values from surface rock sampling conducted at its Cocula project in Jalisco. Nine out of twenty six rock chip samples recently taken from surface outcrop returned Au assay values of 0.88 g/t Au up to 12.55 g/t Au, Ag values of 13 g/t Ag up to 53 g/t Ag, and Pb values of 0.2% Pb up to 7.4% Pb. These recent sample assays continue to confirm the presence of widespread Au mineralization at surface, along with Ag and Pb values. The company also announced that it filed the first ever 43-101 technical report for its advanced Au Cocula project. Silver Spruce will continue its due diligence activities designed to support a definitive purchase decision of the property.
- Mexican Gold Corp., discovered a new resistivity anomaly at the Cinco Señores target area in its Las Minas project in Veracruz. This notable TEM resistivity anomaly, similar in size to the El Dorado Au-Cu-Ag resource, extends more than 700m towards the Las Minillas target. The company plans to drill test this anomaly in the near future.
- US Antimony Corporation, reported estimated sales for August 2019. It sold 146.6K Lb Sb and 1159 tons of zeolites. “The Company continues to take steps to reduce its costs of producing Sb products in response to the lower global sale prices.”
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, provided August 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The company mined 2,794 tonnes of 14% Zn, 8% Pb, and 42 g/t Ag, and processed 2,913 tonnes of 13.5% Zn, 8% Pb, and 39 g/t Ag.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, announced a plan to rise A$3.5M to fund the Plomosas mine operations in Chihuahua, to process the pending sale of Zn-Pb concentrate currently stockpiled, and for working capital. A$2.48M will be rised through pro-rata non-renounceable rights offer, and A$1M through a private placement.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., entered into an agreement to rise USD $40M via a bought deal financing. The company also granted an over-allotment option to purchase up to and additional USD $6M aggregate (San Jose mine, Oaxaca).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., increased its private placement from $3M to $4M. The net proceeds will be used to continue exploration and development of its La Virginia project in Sonora.
- Defiance Silver Corp., announced that it has applied for TSX Venture Exchange approval to extend by one year the expiry date of an aggregate of 5.75M of outstanding warrants exercisable at $0.45 per share (San Acacio project, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., provided an update to their shareholders of the progress achieved to build its precious metal Ixtaca mine in Puebla. The company reported that the waste rock and flotation tailings have low potential for metal leaching. It also reported that the mine plan considers a dry stack filtering tailings facility, and co disposal with waste rock with no tailings dam, eliminating the risk of a tailings dam failure. Almaden has received letters from INAH clearing the area for development, from PROFEPA confirming it has conducted exploration work in accordance with the environmental code, and from the authority responsible for indigenous affairs confirming that no indigenous communities are located in the mine impact area. Local community members have publicly expressed their support of the project. One key aspect to develop the Ixtaca mine was the strong support granted for over 800 people from the local community. They signed a declaration of support for the project and delivered to the environmental authorities, and a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with local water users. The Municipality has included mining as one of its accepted investment and development activities. Based on the FS, an initial investment of USD $174M is required to generate an after-tax internal rate of return of 42% and NVP of USD $310M, using a discount rate of 5% and precious metals prices of USD $1,275/Oz Au and USD $17/Oz Ag. The project would employ over 400 people during an 11-year mine life and would also provide updated infrastructure to a highly marginalized region.
- Discovery Metals Corp., announced mobilization to conduct a 30,000 – 35,000 m drilling program at its recently acquired Cordero project in Chihuahua. The company plans to commence it in about five weeks from now and expect to be completed in twelve months, with the focus of delineating and discovering the highest-grade phases and domains of the mineralized system, and testing new high priority targets. The company has estimated 20,000-25,000m of drilling at the Cordero deposit and 10,000m on six regional areas that require follow-up work and drill testing.
- Azure Minerals Limited, reported that Au-Ag exploration is underway around Mesa de Plata and Loma Bonita deposits on its Alacran project in Sonora. The Mesa de Plata deposit (10.5M tonnes of 82 g/t Ag for 27.4M Oz Ag, including 1.8M tonne of 275 g/t Ag for 15.5M Oz Ag) remains open to the west but is constrained in this direction by the concession boundary. To the north and east the mineralization has been truncated by erosion, however the mineralized zone remains open to the south. Potential for repetitions of Mesa de Plata exist further to the north, where outcropping vuggy silica forms similar-looking silicified ridges. Further exploration is planned for this area. At the Mesa Bonita deposit (5.4M tonnes of 0.9 g/t Au and 28 g(/t Ag for 150K Oz Au and 4.8M Oz Ag), the mineralized zone is constrained to the west by erosion into a valley but remains open to the north, south, east and at depth down-dip. Being open in several directions, there is good potential that further drilling will significantly increase the size of the resource.
- Impact Silver Corp., presented drilling results from its Zacualpan project in Mexico state and extended the mineralization 50m to depth at the San Ramon mine. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole MPZ-284-19 with 321 g/t Ag, 0.38 g/t Au, 0.19% Pb and 0.60% Zn over 2.62m true width, hole MPZ-285-19 with 1,393 g/t Ag, 2.15 g/t Au, 2.4% Pb, and 6.4% Zn over 1.58m true width and 305 g/t Ag, 0.97 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, and 1.7% Zn over 1.38m true width, hole MPZ-287-19 with 418 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, and 0.5% Zn over 2.14m true width, and hole MPZ-288-19 with 214 g/t Ag, 0.9 g/t Au, 0.1% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over 1.87m true width, and 317 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.4% Zn over 1.22m true width. Known mineralization over the total San Ramon workings has a down dip length of over 500m. Further drilling is planned to further test the extent of this prolific zone.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, announced drilling results from its Los Filos underground and the Guadalupe open pit mines in Guerrero. Highlights from the Los Filos underground mine include 8.86 g/t Au over 45m and 6.59 g/t Au over 15.46m. Highlights from the Guadalupe open pit include 1.4 g/t Au over 32.73m, including 7.71 g/t Au over 2.67m, and 6.2 g/t Au over 10.61m, including 10.55 g/t Au over 5.2m. The drill program at Los Filos will contribute to the reserve base and extend the mine life. At Guadalupe, the drilling program is testing for extensions of the mineralization at depth and also confirming the limited nature of old underground workings prior to open pit mining in this area.
- Orla Mining Ltd., awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction contract for its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. Orla expects to begin the detailed engineering work by mid-September to build a mine that begins to produce Au in mid-2021. Au production is expected to average 97K Oz Au per year at an estimated AISC of USD $576 per Oz Au. Orla submitted permits applications to SEMARNAT for the MIA and change of land use at the end of August. The legislated timelines for the review of properly prepared MIA and change of land use applications and mine operating permits for a project that does not affect federally protected biospheres or ecological reserves are 120 working days and 105 working days, respectively, which can be completed concurrently.
- US Antimony Corporation, announced progress on its Au-Ag Los Juarez project in Queretaro. It completed the installation of the ponder liner in the 2 hectares tailings pond and the deepening of the water well to 222m to provide more than 240 gallons per minute. “The pond and the well will be more than adequate to ramp production from 100 tons per day to 400 tons per day. Projects remaining include fencing the pond, completion of the laboratory for fire assaying precious metals, and atomic adsorption equipment for assaying Sb, Ag, and Au in the leach circuit. The mil fine ore bin has been filled with crushed ore from the mine. Initial testing could start within 30 to 60 days.
- Oroco Resource Corp., filed a geological technical report regarding its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. “The report summarizes a data set now controlled by the company that comprises 90 historical drill holes totaling 21,075 m, and recommends a significant program of phased surface exploration, deep geophysical surveys, and diamond drilling that aims to verify and build upon a key new geological model and a substantial body of historical drilling, mineral resource estimates, and pre-feasibility studies. The Report provides the company with a current, technical foundation upon which to advance the Santo Tomás project by confirming the technical analysis of the mineralization on the property”.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., reported that a program of 3D modelling, mapping and sampling is underway at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. It also launched a phase 3 drilling program to test the Veta de Oro, La Espanola, Cuervos and Guadalupe/Cabeza Blanca zones, where previous scout holes reported intervals of high-grade vein Au mineralization. “The program is a continuation of the company’s strategy of systematically exploring Cerro Caliche as it concurrently advances its proposed heap leach pilot operation (HLPO). Drilling to date continues to outline shallow, bulk tonnage Au mineralized zones with grades similar to operating heap leach mines in the region”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., appointed its new VP Project Development to oversee detailed engineering and construction of its Ixtaca project in Puebla.
- Golden Goliath Resources Ltd., granted 3M stock options to directors and officers, and 400K to employees and consultants. The incentive stock options are exercisable for a period of five years at a price of $0.10 (San Timoteo project, Chihuahua).
- Golden Minerals Company, announced termination of sale agreement with Compañia Minera Autlan S.A.B. de C.V., regarding the sale of certain of its Mexican properties. The CEO of Golden informed that unfortunately they could not come to terms with Autlan and now they are in position to consider future options for the properties that were included in the Autlan agreement (Velardeña and Rodeo in Durango, and Santa Maria project in Chihuahua).
- Millrock Resources Inc., completed the sale of five of their Mexican properties to Riverside Resources Inc. La Union, Los Cuarenta, El Pima, El Valle and Llano del Nogal, all located in Sonora state, were the mineral concessions sold to Riverside along with a copy of its exploration database and various exploration equipments and vehicles. Consideration paid to Millrock is $35K cash and 300K Riverside shares. Additionally, Riverside will grant a 0.5% NSR royalty on the El Pima and El Valle claims, and in the event that Riverside exercises the option on Santa Rosalia (Los Cuarenta project), it will grant a 0.5% NSR royalty on that claim to Millrock.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a fault-bx with Mn oxides in a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 36th week of the year (September 2nd to September 8th, 2019), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Karen Flores Arredondo was appointed General Director of CAMIMEX. VVC Exploration is searching for financing to start operations at Samalayuca. ON EXPLORATION, in Baja California, One World Lithium is to conduct a field visit to its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Minera Alamos announced the discovery of a new target, Gold Ridge. In Chihuahua, Ethos Gold released results on 16 RC holes at the Purisima project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining released assay results of several targets on a 20 km long trend. In Zacatecas, Galore received assays for the first two holes at El Alamo target of its Dos Santos project; Advance Gold completed an IP survey at the Tabasqueña project; Alien Metals released exploration results at San Celso, Los Campos and Donovan 2. ON MINING, Argonaut Gold completed a fourth water well, and now has the capacity to sustain production at 30 K tonnes a day at San Agustin, Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Mexican Gold granted 650 K stock options. Defiant Silver seeks to extend the expiry date of some warrants. SilverCrest Metals granted options for 975 K shares. Telson Mining received conditional approval for a US$12 M loan. Southern Silver Corp. closed the final tranche of financing for gross proceeds of $1.1 M. Silver Viper intends to raise up to $3.0 M through a private placement financing round. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GoGold released results for four more holes at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Pan American Silver reported all-inclusive reserves and resources of 203.3 M Oz Ag, 2.16 M Oz Au on its La Colorada, Dolores and La Bolsa properties. Minera Alamos received one more permit to start construction at its Santana project in Sonora. Goldplay Exploration released underground channel sampling results from San Marcial, Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Mexican Gold Corp. appointed new directors and announced an incoming new resource estimate for Las Minas, Veracruz. Consolidated Zinc acquired the remaining 10% of the Plomosas mine rights to gain a 100% interest. The company also announced a favourable court ruling on a land use agreement for the Plomosas mine. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. No relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The sectional president from Samalayuca, Chihuahua, Javier Melendez Cardona, was interviewed on the coming mining investment on La Gloria by VVC Exploration Corp. He explained the project is in the financing stage of a process that is to greatly benefit the local communities.
- Karen Flores Arredondo is appointed CAMIMEX’s (Cámara Minera de México) General Director as of September 15, 2019. Flores Arredondo has recently worked for Agnico Eagle in Mexico, and has held posts with other private enterprises and government agencies related to the Mining Industry.
- Prize Mining Corp. released assay results from surface sampling at its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. The sampling on the Apache, San Jose and Las Curvas concessions returned up to 1.3 m @ 3.86% Cu, 44 gpt Ag; 1.2 m @ 2.62% Cu, 58 gpt Ag; 1.8 m @ 2.31% Cu, 28 gpt Ag and six chip samples running 7.7% to 29.3% Cu and 190 to 759 gpt Ag. At San Jose a best sample interval of 1.8 m @ 2.3% Cu, 28 gpt Ag and up to 17.1% Cu and 1,689 gpt Ag from dumps. At Las Curvas the best mineralised interval was 2 m @ 2.5% Cu, 33 gpt Ag and up to 23% Cu, 710 gpt Ag from dumps. Prize is pursuing a mineralised horizon over 20 km in length in the Formation San Marcos red-bed sandstone below the Cupido Formation limestone.
- Ethos Gold Corp. released results of the completed 16 reverse circulation (RC) drill campaign at its Purisima project in Chihuahua. At the site Ethos targeted shallow gold mineralisation in epithermal banded quartz veining and associated silicification and stockworks. Highlighted results include 3.05 m @ 0.76 gpt Au; 7.62 m @ 0.52 gpt Au; 9.14 m @ 0.43 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag; 6.10 m @ 0.40 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag; 15.24 m @ 0.50 gpt Au; 6.10 m @ 0.50 gpt Au. Ethos decided to terminate the Purisima option agreements.
- Galore Resources Inc. received assays for the first two core holes at El Alamo target, part of its Dos Santos project in Zacatecas. Highlighted results comprise 3.40 m @ 3.46 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag (including 1.20 m @ 8.89 gpt Au); 10.90 m @ 14 gpt Ag (including 1.0 m @ 88 gpt Ag); 9.15 m @ 2.02 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag. The results also define intervals tens of meters in width with anomalous silver in the 1-10 ppm range. Galore informs these results, along with some other tracer elements, support the view that this is the upper part of an epithermal system.
- Minera Alamos Inc. announced the identification of Gold Ridge, a new mineralised zone on its Santana property in Sonora. One third of 147 rock samples collected exhibit grades >0.10 gpt Au, ranging from 0.1 gpt to 3.6 gpt Au and 5 gpt Ag to 669 gpt Ag, with the mineralised surface covering an area of 1,000 m x 200 m located 2-3 km from the currently planned heap leach operations at Santana.
- Advance Gold Corp. completed a 3D induced polarization (IP) geophysical survey on its Tabaqueña project in Zacatecas. The 9.6 line kilometre survey highlighted a 250 wide by 800 m long continuous chargeability anomaly.
- One World Lithium Inc. announced the visit of Mike Rosko of Montgomery & Associates to the Salar del Diablo project in Baja California, along with the president and director of OWL. The visit is to include previous and proposed drill site locations as well as surface geological features.
- Alien Metals Ltd. released results from recent exploration at its San Celso, Los Campos and Donovan 2 projects in Zacatecas. At San Celso, further assays include 18 anomalous samples averaging 272 gpt Ag, with a high of 1,275 gpt Ag. At Los Campos, 14 anomalous samples averaged 185 gpt Ag, with a peak of 547 gpt Ag. At Donovan 2, a sample returned 2.68 gpt Au.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. completed the fourth water well at its San Agustin operation in Durango. The new well demonstrated sufficient water capacity to meet the needs of the operation to run at 30 K tonnes per day of ore, which is planned for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Mexican Gold Corp. granted 650 K stock options to an officer and an employee of the company (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Defiant Silver Corp. intends to seek TSX Venture Exchange approval to extend the expiry date of 6.19 M warrants, previously issued, by one year (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. granted stock options for 975 K shares to directors, officers, employees and consultants of the company (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Telson Mining Corp. received conditional approval for a US$12 M medium term loan from an international investment bank to finalize construction at Tahuehueto, Durango.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. closed the final tranche of the previously announced private placement, for gross proceeds of $1.1 M. In total the company closed two tranches for gross proceeds of $4.2 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. intends to overtake a private placement financing to raise gross proceeds of up to $3.0 M (La Virginia, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results for three more diamond drill holes at Los Ricos main area and the first hole drilled at the San Juan target of its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Highlighted drill core intervals comprise 6.2 m @ 1.17 gpt Au, 158 gpt Ag; 15.5 m @ 0.53 gpt Au, 84 gpt Ag (including 2.7 m @ 2.04 gpt Au, 217 gpt Ag); 17.1 m @ 1.59 gpt Au, 364 gpt Ag (including 5.6 m @ 3.81 gpt Au, 818 gpt Ag) at Los Ricos and 16.9 m @ 0.54 gpt Au, 68 gpt Ag (including 5.0 m @ 1.46 gpt Au, 148 gpt Ag) at the San Juan target.
- Pan American Silver Corp. reported mineral reserves of 557 M Oz Ag, 5.1 M Oz Au, of which 141.6 M Oz Ag and 1.58 M Oz Au are in its three properties in Mexico: La Colorada, Dolores and La Bolsa. Reserves and resources all inclusive comprise 148.3 M Oz Ag, 129.8 K Oz Au at La Colorada in Zacatecas, 45.4 M Oz Ag, 1,383.5 K Oz Au at Dolores in Chihuahua and 9.6 M Oz Ag, 651.7 K Oz Au at La Bolsa in Sonora.
- Minera Alamos Inc. received the ETJ (Estudio Tecnico Justificativo) for the Santana Gold project in Sonora. Combined with the previously approved MIA (Manifiesto de Impacto Ambiental) the company holds all the necessary rights to initiate construction of commercial scale operations at Santana.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. released results from underground channel sampling in a re-opened old adit at the Faisanes target of its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. A zone of 11 m @ 155 gpt includes 6 m @ 232 gpt Ag, ending in mineralisation at the deepest sampled point within the tunnel. “The Company is reviewing plans to extend the tunnel beyond this high-grade Interval”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mexican Gold Corp. announced the appointment of Matt Liard as Vice President Exploration, Sonny Bernales as Senior Geologist and Michael Kanevsky as CFO. The company outsourced an updated 43-101 resource estimate with an underground cut-off grade, that should be released in October 2019 (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. entered into a binding agreement with Retec Guaru S.A. de C.V. under which CZC is to acquire the remaining 10% interest in the Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. “The purchase consideration for the acquisition of the Retec interest in MLAZ is a 1% Net Smelter Return Royalty (the “Royalty”) from the sale of zinc and lead concentrates produced from Plomosas”. Completion of the agreement is expected by 30 September 2019.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced that the Appeals Court of Chihuahua ruled in favour of the company’s subsidiary regarding a dispute over a land use agreement with a local rancher in place for its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua.
On the image below: Quartz veinlet on an orogenic gold project in Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett
Flow -banded rhyolite
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirty-five week of the year (July 26th to September 1st, 2019), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven disclosing deals and corporate issues, six announcing financial rounds, four communicating production results, three reporting on resources and development of their projects, and two informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Kootenay reported drilling results from four holes drilled at its Columba project. In Jalisco, GoGold reported drilling results from ten new holes drilled at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Argonaut extended El Castillo mine life with zero-cost collar gold price protection program. Mexus Gold commenced leaching of 5K tonnes of mineralized material at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Telson processed 2,166 tonnes of concentrates from its Tahuehueto project in Durango and announced significant metallurgical recoveries. Santacruz reported Q2, 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Excellon completed an $11.5M bought deal financing (La Platosa mine, Durango). First Mexican Gold announced consolidation and private placement for gross proceeds of $0.5M (Guadalupe property, Sonora). Sable announced a strategic investment with Osisko Gold Royalty for potential proceeds of $12.58M (Margarita project, Chihuahua). Silver Spruce closed a private placement for gross proceeds of $261,250 (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua). New Gold closed a bought deal financing for gross proceeds of CDN $150M (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi). Gold Resource declared monthly dividend to shareholders (Arista deposit, Oaxaca). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Santacruz updated mineral resource estimate at its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas. Impact Silver reported results of the successful dense media separation (DMS) study at its Capire project in Mexico State. SilverCrest released in-fill drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Prize Mining reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Manto Negro project, Coahuila). SilverCrest announced that the company will begin trading on TSX (Las Chispas project, Sonora). Golden Minerals received continued listing standard notice from New York Stock Exchange (Santa María project, Chihuahua). Azure revealed that it has regained 100% of the Alacran Au-Ag project from Teck. Consolidated Zinc announced that the Federal Court of Mexico has ruled in its favour on the land use agreement dispute with the landowner. Minera Alamos announced the closing of the Guadalupe de los Reyes option and the acquisition of common shares of Prime Mining. Newmont Goldcorp announced successful completion of consent solicitation for its 5.875% notes due 2035 (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Kootenay Silver Inc., released drilling results from four new holes drilled at its Columba project in Chihuahua. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole CDH-19-009 with 516 g/t Ag and 0.2% Zn over 2.90m, including 1,070 g/t Ag and 0.4% Zn over 0.90m; hole CDH-19-008 with 112 g/t Ag over 33.5m, including 408 g/t Ag, 0.7% Pb, and 1.1% Zn over 4.85m; and hole CDH-19-007 with 417 g/t Ag and 0.1% Zn over 1.68m and other interval of 693 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 1.13% Zn over 1.55m. The ongoing drilling program has showed that the F vein has returned high grades over good widths, the known veins have excellent continuity along strike and to depth, and the newly discovered veins in the hanging wall also contain high grades. Kootenay has drilled 16 holes to date of a planned first phase 25-30 holes program.
- GoGold Resources Inc., announced drilling results from ten new holes drilled at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco: three at the Los Ricos main area and seven on the Cerro Colorado target located 1.5Km to the south of the main area. The most significant drill intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-19-028 located at the Los Ricos main area, with 1.21 g/t Au and 133 g/t Ag (2.99 g/t AuEq) over 27.5m, including 2.93 g/t Au and 294 g/t Ag (6.85 g/t AuEq) over 11m, and on the Cerro Colorado target in hole LRGC-19-004 with 1.28 g/t Au and 107 g/t Ag (2.71 g/t AuEq) over 11.5m. The drilling program has now been expanded for additional testing along 3.2Km of the Los Ricos mineralized zone while at the Cerro Colorado target it has showed that the quartz vein system has good grades over a strike length of at least 500m.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., extended El Castillo mine life as it entered into a series of zero-cost collar option contracts. The contracts cover 145K Oz Au through mid-2022. The floor price of the monthly gold collars has been set at $1,450/Oz with the ceiling price of the collars ranging from $1,630/Oz in Q4, 2019 to $1,760/Oz for H1, 2022.
- Mexus Gold US, commenced leaching of 5K tonnes of ore material at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora, and expects to recover from 5 to 8 Oz Au per day. The ore material has been tested and is returning values as high as 54.74 g/t Au.
- Telson Mining Corporation, processed 2,166 tonnes of concentrate with average grades of 5.32 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb, 3.2% Zn, and 0.24% Cu from its Tahuehueto project in Durango, to produce 82.9 tonnes of Au rich Pb concentrate grading 101 g/t Au, 702 g/t Ag, 38.8% Pb, and 5.29%Cu, and 130.8 tonnes of Zn concentrate grading 40.8% Zn, 12.02 g/t Au, and 94 g/t Ag. Telson has achieved the highest recoveries to date at 86% Au, 85% Ag, 86% Pb, 77% Zn, and 84% Cu.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q2, 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican operation in Zacatecas and San Luis Potosi. Consolidated mining operations generated a gross profit of $251, including gross profit from Rosario mine in San Luis Potosi of $54, and gross loss from Veta Grande mine in Zacatecas of $691 plus mine services gross profit of $888. Net loss after taxes was $1,137, cash cost per Oz AgEq of $16.07 and an AISC of $18.37. Santacruz processed 37,156 tonnes at Veta Grande to produce 240.2K Oz AgEq, at a cash cost of $17.68 per Oz AgEq produced and an AISC of $19.70 per Oz AgEq. At El Rosario, it processed 20.789 tonnes to produce 133.1K Oz AgEq at a cash cost of $14.23 per Oz AgEq produced and an AISC of $16.81 per Oz AgEq.
- Excellon Resources Inc., completed its previously announced bought deal offering for $11.5M. Gross proceeds will be used to fund exploration and capital expenditures at its Platosa project in Durango, and its Evolution project in Zacatecas. In connection with the offering, insiders purchased an aggregate of 1,015,000 units for a total consideration of $1M.
- First Mexican Gold Corp., announced consolidation of its common shares on a ten for one basis, and proposes to close a private placement for gross proceeds of $0.5M. The closing of the offering is anticipated to take place on or about September 30, 2019, or such other later date as the Company may agree (Guadalupe project, Sonora).
- Sable Resources Ltd., announced a strategic investment with Osisko Gold Royalty for potential proceeds of $12.58M. This financing will provide Sable with the funding to progress its exploration objectives over its entire portfolio for the next 4 years. In connection with the financing, Osisko will have a right of first refusal over any royalty, stream or similar right in Sable properties, equity participation right to maintain pro-rata ownership interest so long as Osisko owns more than 5% of the outstanding common shares of Sable, and the right to nominate one person to Sable´s board of directors so long as Osisko owns more than 5% of the outstanding common shares of Sable. Additionally, Sable granted Osisko the right to acquire 1% NSR on properties controlled by Sable´s wholly subsidiaries in Mexico for $5M. The NSR will extend to any additional properties acquired by Sable within a period of 4 years from the closing of the NSR agreement. Sable also has granted Osisko the right to acquire an additional 1% NSR for $5.5M on all minerals produced from initial and future properties control by Sable until the expiration of the NSR agreement (Margarita and Vinata projects, Chihuahua).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., closed a private placement for net proceeds of $261,250. Funds will be used to conduct due diligences and exploration activities (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua).
- New Gold Inc., closed a bought deal financing for gross proceeds of CAD $150M (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi).
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared its August dividend of 1/6 of a cent per common share payable on September 23, 2019 to shareholders (Arista deposit, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., updated mineral resource estimate at its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas. Considering a cut-off of 100 g/t Ag, the inferred resources is 3,954,729 tonnes of 136 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, and 0.11% combined Pb+Zn (153 g/t AgEq) to contain 47M Oz AgEq.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported results of the successful Dense Media Separation (DMS) study at its Capire open pit VMS deposit located within the Zacualpan mining district in Mexico State. “These preliminary tests indicate that it may be possible to pre-concentrate crushed run of mine material using a low cost Dense Medium Separation (DMS) plant prior to milling and mineral processing, thereby reducing the overall cost of processing at Capire and potentially bringing it back into economic production”. An initial test showed that 25% of the sample retained over 99% of Ag, Pb, and Zn minerals, and over 97% of Cu and Au in a heavy liquid separation (HLS) concentrate. A second test showed that over 42% of the sample retained 93% of Ag and Pb minerals and 79% to 92% of Cu, Au, and Zn in an HLS concentrate. “These results suggest that the addition of a DMS pre-concentration plant to the Capire process flow sheet could unlock some significant operating cost improvements that would subsequently allow a lowering of cut off grade and access to otherwise uneconomic areas of the Capire deposit”.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released in-fill drilling results of 33 holes from the Babi Sur vein within its Las Chispas project in Sonora. The in-fill drilling has increased the confidence of resources and high-grade continuity in the vein. The most significant drill intersections were encountered in hole BAS19-63 with 8.51 g/t Au and 717 g/t Ag (1,355 g/t AgEq) over 3.1m of true width; hole BAS19-57 with 3.1 g/t Au and 305 g/t Ag (536 g/t AgEq) over 8.8m; and hole BAS19-49 with 5.32 g/t Au and 374 g/t Ag (773 g/t AgEq) over 3.8m. “The Babi Sur Vein and Babi Sur HW Vein are still open to depth and down plunge to the southeast. Unnamed veins are under review for possible continuity and announcement(s) of additional vein discoveries. Approximately 25 to 35 additional in-fill and expansion holes, for a minimum of 7,000 metres, are planned for the Babi Sur veins in H2, 2019”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Prize Mining Corporation, reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders. It also plans to change the name of the company to Boundary Gold and Copper Mining Ltd, and a consolidation of its common shares on a five for one basis. Change name is subject to the approval of the TSX (Manto Negro project, Coahuila).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., announced that it will begin trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) following its graduation from the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture (TSXV) (Las Chispas project, Sonora).
- Golden Minerals Company, received continued listing standard notice from the New York Stock Exchange. Specifically, the company is not in compliance with section 1003 (a) (iii) since it reported stockholder´s equity of less than $6M as of June 30, 2019 and losses from continuing operations and/or net losses in its five most recent fiscal years. In order to maintain its listing on the NYSE, Golden was asked to submit a plan of compliance no later than September 18, 2019 advising how the company intends to regain compliance with section 1003 (a) (iii) of the company guide by February 19, 2021 (Santa Maria project, Chihuahua).
- Azure Minerals Limited, revealed that it has regained 100% of the Alacran Au-Ag project in Sonora from Teck. Alacran project host global resources of 32.2M Oz Ag and 150K Oz Au, being 27.4M Oz Ag at Loma de Plata deposit and 4.8M Oz Ag and 150K Oz Au at Loma Bonita deposit. “Azure accepted a first offer proposal to lock-in all Teck’s rights and interest in the project by issuing Teck more than 27.5 million shares – effectively bumping Teck’s stake in Azure to 19.9%”. Teck also will retain a 0.5% NSR over Alacran project.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, announced that the Federal Court of Mexico has ruled in its favour on the land use agreement dispute with the local ranch owner, cancelling the prior appeal Court of Chihuahua which had ruled in favour of the landowner. The company continues to operate freely at its Plomosas mine and in accordance with the agreement.
- Minera Alamos Inc., announced the closing of the Guadalupe de Los Reyes option in Sinaloa, and the acquisition of 9.45M of common shares of Prime Mining Corp. It represents 16.1% of the outstanding common shares of Prime. Following the transaction, Minera Alamos also acquired warrants to purchase up to 3.35M additional common shares of Prime with the closing date being December 28th, 2019.
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, announced successful completion of consent solicitation for its 5.875% notes due 2035. “Holders of approximately $575,330,000 (95.89%) in aggregate principal amount of the outstanding notes had validly delivered (and not validly revoked) their consent to the amendments. The company will pay, a cash payment equal to $33.33 per $1,000 aggregate principal amount of the notes for which holders had validly delivered (and not validly revoked) their consent to the amendments on or prior to the expiration date (August 23, 2019). The company intends to pay the consent fee on August 28, 2019”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news
On the picture above, flow-banded rhyolite in a prospect in Guanajuato, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, B.C. — Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. (TSX.V:SCZ) (the “Company” or “Santacruz”) reports on the operating and financial results from the Veta Grande Project in Zacatecas, Mexico and the Rosario Project in San Luis Potosi, Mexico for the second quarter of 2019. The full version of the financial statements and accompanying management’s discussion and analysis can be viewed on the Company’s website at www.santacruzsilver.com or on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. All amounts are in thousands of US dollars unless otherwise indicated.