La explotación minera de fondos oceánicos será pronto una realidad. Sus impactos ambientales están siendo intensamente evaluados por instituciones académicas y agencias internacionales, mientras la ingeniería avanza lo suficiente para colocarla como opción viable y rentable, en muchos casos, superior a la minería en tierra. Crece la escasez de minerales metálicos y no metálicos en yacimientos terrestres accesibles y de costo aceptable, mientras el reciclaje es insuficiente y la demanda aumenta exponencialmente por la industria electrónica y la fabricación de baterías para vehículos eléctricos. Níquel, cobalto, tungsteno, platino, rodio, manganeso y otros metales son indispensables para nuevas tecnologías electrónicas, y el fósforo es insumo vital para la manufactura de fertilizantes esenciales en la agricultura. El impacto ambiental de actividades mineras en tierra llega a ser devastador en cuanto a ecosistemas y paisajes, deforestación, y contaminación de aguas, suelos y atmósfera.
Toronto, Ontario (May 1, 2018) – Alamos Gold Inc. (TSX:AGI; NYSE:AGI) (“Alamos” or the “Company”) today reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018 and reviewed its operating, exploration and
VANCOUVER, April 26, 2018 /CNW/ – PanAmerican SilverCorp. (NASDAQ:PAAS; TSX:PAAS) (“PanAmerican”, or the”Company”) willannounceits unaudited results for thefirst quarter of 2018 on Wednesday, May 9, 2018,after marketclose. Its Annual Generaland Special Meeting of Shareholders will be held thesame day beginning at 6:00 pmET (3:00 pmPT).
Vancouver, April 25, 2018 – GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) (“Goldcorp” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on its 2018 exploration program. Representative drill results are provided below; website links to further information including full drill results, drill coordinates, quality assurance and quality control information and relevant diagrams are provided at the end of each section.
On the picture above, granodiorite fragments displaying quartz-jarosite-oxidized pyrite stockwork veining in a prospect in Oaxaca, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 15th week of the year (April 9th to April 15st, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven informing on exploration results, six reporting Q1 2018 results, three announcing financing, three communicating deals and corporate issues, and two reporting on resources & development. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico beat the gold production record during 2017 and led the global silver production for the eighth consecutive year. CAMIMEX reported that mining companies working in Mexico invested $4,632M USD in the mining sector during 2017. In Sonora, Argonaut provided information about the explosives permit which was suspended temporarily at its La Colorada Mine. In Guerrero, Torex announced that the labor conflict at its El Limon-Guajes Mine Complex is over. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium announced results at its Salar del Diablo Lithium project. In Sonora, SilverCrest reported drilling results from its Las Chispas project, Silver One identified new geophysical targets at its Peñasco Quemado project, and Azure reported metallurgic results on its Oposura project. In Chihuahua, Mammoth and Kootenay announced drilling results on their Tenoriba and la Cigarra projects respectively. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold announced underground sampling results. ON MINING, several companies reported Q1 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Alio reported results from its San Francisco mine; in Chihuahua, GoGold reported results on its Parral operations; in Durango, Hecla and Great Panther reported results on their San Sebastian and Topia mines respectively. Great Panther also reported results on its Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato, Capstone reported results on its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas, and Leagold reported results on its Los Filos Mine in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, Oroco announced its intention to complete a private placement for $750K. Mexican Gold closed a private placement for $1.05M. Alset closed a private placement for $0.99M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, In Oaxaca, Gold Resource announced the northwest expansion of its Arista Mine. Mexican Gold reported results from its resource expansion drill program at Las Minas, Veracruz. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Colibri filed its annual audited financial statements (Pitaya, Sonora). Marlin announced some directors changes (La Trinidad, Sinaloa). Alio announced the appointment of its VP Corporate Development (San Francisco mine, Sonora).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico established a new record in gold production during 2017 according to the Gold Focus 2018 report, reaching 3,292 tonnes. Also, Mexico led the global silver production for the eighth consecutive year, producing 196.4M Oz Ag during 2017. CAMIMEX reported an investment of $4,632M USD in the mining sector during 2017 in Mexico.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., provided and update on the temporary suspension of its explosive permit at La Colorada Mine.
- Torex Gold Resources, announced that the Union in conflict at its El Limon-Guajes Mine Complex in Guerrero has withdrawn its case before Mexico´s Federal Labour Board. With this fact, the labor conflict can be considered over.
- One World Lithium Inc., announced sampling results at its Salar del Diablo Lithium project in Baja California Norte. 59 auger samples and 4 rock-chips samples were collected returning Li values ranging from a low of 4.7 to a high of 196.5 ppm, with an average of 84 ppm Li.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., reported drill results on the Babicanora Vein, including Area 51, within its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Significant results are 4m of 22.8 g/t Au and 1,718 g/t Ag, and 4.5m of 8 g/t Au and 912 g/t Ag. To date, a total of 20 holes have intersected the high-grade footprint of the Area 51 zone, with an average grade of 10.4 g/t Au and 944 g/t Ag.
- Silver One Resource Inc., identified four new geophysical exploration targets at its Peñasco Quemado project in Sonora. The CSAMT identified deep zones of low resistivity suggesting channels for potential mineralizing solutions. These 4 targets expand the exploration potential, and are encompassed by strong to moderate Zn, Pb, Cu, and Ag anomalies.
- Azure Minerals Limited, announced metallurgy results on its Oposura project in Sonora, with > 85% Zn and > 80% Pb recoveries. Further testwork will be carried out to optimize recovery and concentrate grades.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., announced results from 2 holes on its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. The diamond hole drilled at Masuparia area intersected 45.4m of 0.53 g/t Au and the first hole ever drilled at Los Carneritos area intersected 39m of 0.21 g/t Au.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced drill results, 1km away from the current resources at its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. Significant intersections are 17m of 267 g/t Ag, including 10m of 437 g/t Ag, and 16m of 112 g/t Ag, including 10m of 144 g/t Ag. The results indicate the mineralized structure extends for an additional 1Km of strike to the northwest of the resource area.
- Advance Gold Corp., announced underground sampling results on its Tabasquena Mine in Zacatecas. The sampling returned grades of up to 362 g/t Ag near surface and two of the deepest samples returned 642 g/t Ag and 656 g/t Ag. A first phase, 500m core drilling program in two holes is underway with the aim of intersecting the sulphide zone of the La Tabasquena and La Nina veins.
- Alio Gold Inc., reported results on its San Francisco mine in Sonora. On Q1 2018, Alio processed 1.7M tonnes with an average grade of 0.42 g/t Au to produce 17.6K Oz Au
- GoGold Resources Inc., reported results from its Parral operations in Chihuahua. On Q1 2018, GoGold processed 439K tonnes of tailings material to produce 266K Oz Ag and 1,900 Oz Au.
- Hecla Mining Company, announced results on its San Sebastian mine in Durango. On Q1 2018, Hecla produced 0.5M Oz Ag and 4,500 Oz Au.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, reported results on its Mexican operations in Durango and Guanajuato. On Q1 2018, Great Panther milled 17,950 tonnes at its Topia mine in Durango with average grades of 0.74 g/t Au and 348 g/t Ag to produce 244 Oz Au, 186.2K Oz Ag, 433 tonnes of Pb and 533 tonnes of Zn, while in its Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato milled 78,919 tonnes with average grades of 2.50 g/t Au and 135 g/t Ag to produce 5,586 Oz Au and 304.8K Oz Ag.
- Capstone Mining Corp., announced results on its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. On Q1 2018, Capstone milled 212,912 tonnes with average grades of 2.09% Cu, 0.62% Zn, 0.08% Pb, and 45 g/t Ag to produced 4,300 tonnes of Cu, 795 tonnes of Zn, 21 tonnes of Pb, and 250K Oz Ag.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, reported results on its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. On Q1 2018, Leagold produced 51K Oz Au. The company also announced 650m of advance of the main ramp at its Bermejal underground mine, which is half of the way to reach the central high-grade portion of the deposit.
- Oroco Resource Corp., announced its intention to close a non-brokered private placement for $750K. Net proceeds will be used for exploration expenditures (Santo Tomas, Sinaloa).
- Mexican Gold Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for $1.05M. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration on its Las Minas project in Veracruz.
- Alset Minerals Corp., closed a private placement for $992.5K. Part of the net proceeds will be used to advance its lithium project in Mexico (La Salada, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced the northwest expansion of its Arista Mine in Oaxaca with 12 additional step-out and infill drill holes. Significant interceptions are 2m of 6.7 g/t Au and 864 g/t Ag, 2.08m of 1.98 g/t Au and 1,583 g/t Ag, and 1.55m of 9.36 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag. These drill holes extend the known mineralization of the Arista vein system along strike to the northwest and both up and down-dip.
- Mexican Gold Corp., reported results from its resource expansion drill program at Las Minas project, Veracruz, within the El Dorado/Juan Bran, Santa Cruz, and Nopaltepec zones. Significant results are 26m of 1.74 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag, including 20m of 2.19 g/t Au and 6.1 g/t Ag; 30m of 1.05 g/t Au and 6.5 g/t Ag, including 12m of 1.32 g/t Au and 8.5 g/t Ag; 22m of 1.73 g/t Au and 4.7 g/t Ag; and 12m of 1.07 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag. The drill program is ongoing and is focused on resource expansion of the three known zones and selective upgrading of the resource category.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Colibri Resource Corporation, filed its annual audited financial statements for the period ending November 30, 2017 (Pitaya project, Sonora).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, granodiorite fragments displaying quartz-jarosite-oxidized pyrite stockwork veining in a prospect in Oaxaca, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Bacanora Minerals (TSX-V: BCN and AIM: BCN), the London and Canadian listed lithium company, announces that, at the Annual and Special Mee’ng of the Company held in Canada on 19 March 2018, all resolu’ons were duly passed. The resolu’ons included a resolu’on to approve the proposed re-domicile of the Company to the UK by means of a Plan of Arrangement as set out in the circular sent toshareholders dated 16 February 2018 (“Circular”). In addi’on, the Court of Queen’s Bench (Alberta) granted its final order approving the Plan of Arrangement to re-domicile the Company to the UK on 19March 2018.
Bacanora Minerals Ltd., the London and Canadian listed lithium exploration and development company, is pleased to provide its unaudited condensed consolidated interim results for the 6 month period ended 31 December 2017. These results were prepared in line with International Financial Reporting Standards, and, unless otherwise specified, amounts are expressed in Canadian dollars (‘CAD$’).
TORONTO, Feb. 28, 2018 /CNW/ – Minera Alamos Inc. (TSXV:MAIand OTCQB:VGMTF) (the”Company”or”Minera Alamos”) is pleased to announceit isattending the Prospectors &Developers Association ofCanada(PDAC) 2018 Convention inToronto, ON. Management will beat BoothNumber: 2633 (Investors Exchange) Company representatives frombothMinera Alamosand CorexGold will beat the booth fromMarch 4 th to 7 th and willalso beavailablefor oneon-one meetings. The Companywill be discussing its recently announced merger (see news release ofJanuary 30 th ) withCorexGold Corporation (TSXV:CGE)as wellas its mine development plansat Santanaand La Fortuna.
Global Mineral Reserves Increase 28% Reflecting Addition of Island Gold, Strong Growth at La Yaqui Grande and Initial Mineral Reserve at Lynn Lake
All amounts are in United States dollars, unless otherwise stated.
TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alamos Gold Inc. (TSX:AGI) (NYSE:AGI) (“Alamos” or the “Company”) today reported its updated mineral reserves and resources as of December 31, 2017. For a detailed summary of mineral reserves and resources by project, refer to the tables below.
MONTREAL, QUEBEC–(Marketwired – Feb. 20, 2018) – Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd (the “Company” or “Osisko”) (TSX:OR)(NYSE:OR) is pleased to report its results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017 and provide 2018 guidance. Amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted.