VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alio Gold Inc (TSX:ALO) (NYSE AMERICAN:ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”) and Rye Patch Gold Corp. (TSX-V:RPM) (OTCQX:RPMGF) (FWB:5TN) (“Rye Patch”) are pleased to announce they have entered into an agreement whereby Alio Gold will acquire, through a plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) all of the outstanding shares of Rye Patch. Alio Gold will host a conference call at 11:00am EDT (Toronto) time today to discuss the transaction and the details of the call can be found at the end of the release. Management from both Alio Gold and Rye Patch will participate in the conference call.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 11th week of the year (March 12th to March 18th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven announcing exploration results, seven reporting deals and corporate issues, and two providing Q4 and annual 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure provided an update of exploration results at its Alacran project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals announced drill results from its La Kika project in Coahuila, Prize Mining reported sampling results at its manto Negro copper project, and Silver Bull presented drill results on its Sierra Mojada project. In Hidalgo, Prospero announced drill results at its Pachuca SE project. In Michoacan, Geologix presented 2017 exploration results from its Tepal project. In Guerrero, Alio reported drill results on its Ana Paula project. ON MINING, Impact reported Q4 and 2017 annual financial and production results at its Zacualpan Mine in Mexico State. Fortuna announced Q4 and 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Colibri closed a second tranche of a private placement for $135K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants on March 19, otherwise they will expire. Geologix granted incentive stock options to its personnel. Plata Latina announced debt restructuring. Primero reported shareholders voted in favour of the First Majestic transaction. Southern Silver announced initial analyst coverage report on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Rock Teck announced its intention to the vendors to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora. Orla Mining announced the appointment of its CFO.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Azure Minerals Limited, Azure announced that Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. has already logged and sampled all drill core from the eleven hole diamond drilling program completed in December 2017 at its Alacran project in Sonora. All samples were submitted to lab and results are expected to arrive next month. Teck also has informed Azure that it will be continuing its planned geological, geochemical and geophysics surveys in the first half of 2018, to be followed by more drilling in the second half of the year.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported 1st phase drill results at its la Kika project in Coahuila. Significant results were 1.1m of 10.4% Zn, including 16.7% Pb over 0.6m, 7m from surface, and 1.5m of 12.8% Zn, including 30.6% Pb over 0.4m, 7m from surface. A property-wide geochemical survey identified a 1.5km by 0.8km coincident Zn-Pb anomaly. This result opens the potential to the north of the property. Detail mapping, property-wide geophysics, and trenching work are currently underway. The company also announced that a mapping and sampling program is ongoing at its Monclova and Puerto Rico projects to generate drill targets.
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced sampling results at its manto Negro copper project in Coahuila. Highlights comprises 7m of 2.6% Cu & 212 g/t Ag, including 1.25m of 5.46% Cu and 404 g/t Ag at Pilar Grande mine, 0.3m of 5.5% Cu and 711 g/t Ag at level 4 of Pilar Grande Mine, and 0.25m of 45.5% Cu and >1.5K Ag at Los Ojitos. Other significant results are 1.85m of 3% Cu and 275 g/t Ag, including 0.65m of 4.44%Cu and 565 g/t Ag, and 1.35m of 1.73% Cu and 332 g/t Ag, including 0.3m of 4.9%Cu and 1,140 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., presented drill results of the final three drill holes collared in the newly discovered Sulphide Zone, which sits under the previously defined Oxide Zone at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlights include 10m @ 347 g/t Ag, 20.7% Zn, 1.25% Cu, and 1.35% Pb; 3m @ 303 g/t Ag, 20.1% Zn, 1.53% Cu, and 1.18% Pb; and 1m @ 127 g/t Ag, 21.1% Zn, 0.29% Cu, and 3.14% Pb. The recent drilling has extended the Oxide and Sulphide Zones to over 150m each along strike with high grade silver and copper to the north, and high grade silver, copper, and zinc to the south.
- Prospero Silver Corp., announced results of the 3 holes comprised in the initial drilling program at its Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. The intercepts were 1.35m of 227 g/t Ag, 12m of 0.39 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag (8-10m true thickness), and 0.75m of 6.4 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., presented results of the 2017 exploration program at its Tepal project in Michoacan. Company geologists developed a new structurally controlled exploration model for both property and regional scale and identified undrilled areas within and surrounding the three proposed PEA pits. They also discovered an unknown and untested high-sulphidation epithermal system underlying the Tepal property, which is now being prepared for drilling later this year.
- Alio Gold Inc, reported drill results at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. These holes were collared south of the proposed pit and on the southern edge of the alteration halo. Highlights include 19m of 6.45 g/t Au from 367m to 386m, and 55.70m of 1.3 g/t Au from 57.60m to 113.30m. IN addition, Alio has commenced a regional exploration work including an airborne magnetic survey targeting further breccia or skarn mineralization.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported Q4 and year-end 2017 production results at its mine in Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico. Impact milled 194,266 tonnes in 2017 to produce 907.8K Oz Ag with a mill grade of 172 g/t Ag from.
- Fortuna SilverMines Inc., announced Q4 and annual 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. On Q4, Fortuna milled 271.3K tonnes to produce 2M Oz Ag & 15K Oz Au, milling 1M tonnes during 2017 for a total annual production of 7.5M Oz Ag & 56K Oz Au.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, closed a second tranche of over-subscribed private placement for $135K. Total gross proceeds raised between the first and second tranche were $1,212,098.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No relevant news.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants by March 19, 2018 before their expiration date (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
- Plata Latina Minerals Corporation, entered into a debt settlement agreement with the major shareholder of the company. The debt related to a promissory note of $CAD 250K, bearing interest at 10% per annum (Naranjillo, Guanajuato).
- Primero Mining Corp., reported shareholders voted in favour of the transaction with First Majestic. With the acquisition of Primero, First Majestic adds to its portfolio one of the largest and richest precious metals mine in Mexico (Tayoltita-San Dimas, Durango).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced initial analyst coverage report by Fundamental Research Corp., entitled “Significant resource expansion in Durango” (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Rock Teck Lithium Inc., announced to the vendors its intention to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., granted incentive stock options to its employees, directors, officers, and consultants (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its CFO (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, a moly-copper manto in a prospect in Coahuila State, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
DIEPPE, NB, March 16, 2018 /CNW/ – (CBI:TSX-V) – ColibriResource Corporation (“Colibri”or the”Company”) is very pleased to announcethat it has closed an over-subscribed second tranche on its previously announced financing (seethe Company’s news releases of March 2 and March 9, 2018). The Company has issued an additional 1,350,000 unitsat $0.10 per unit for gross proceeds of $135,000. Total gross
proceeds raised between thefirstand second tranches is $1,212,098.
Vancouver, B.C., March 15, 2018 — Geologix Explorations Inc. (TSX: GIX) (“Geologix” or the “Company”) is pleased to present a summary of results from its 2017 exploration program and provide a 2018 outlook for its 100% owned Tepal Gold/Copper Project (“Tepal”) located in Michoacán state, Mexico. Geologix’s management team and board of directors are committed to increasing shareholder value via focused exploration that the Company believes will improve Tepal’s existing resource base and lead to additional discoveries, with the goal of enhancing the Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) (see press release dated January 19, 2017) prior to advancing the project to the pre-feasibility and/or feasibility stage.
Vancouver B.C. — March 14, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce an update on the warrant exercises and would like to remind holders (the “Warrant Holders”) of the Company’s common share purchase warrants (the “Warrants”) dated December 16, 2015, that they have until 5:00 pm Pacific Time on March 19, 2018 to exercise their outstanding Warrants at a price of $0.25. Warrants not exercised prior to March 19, 2018 will expire.
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – March 13, 2018) – Plata Latina MineralsCorporation (TSXV: PLA) (“Plata Latina“ or the “Company”) advises that it has entered into a debt settlement agreement (the “Agreement”) with Mr. Gilmour Clausen, the Chairman and major shareholder of the Company. Pursuant to the Agreement, the Company agreed to issue 6,976,845 common shares to Mr. Clausen, representing approximately 10.35% of the current issued and outstanding common shares of the Company, at a deemed price of $0.045 per share based on the 15-day volume weighted average price. Post to the debt conversion, Mr. Clausen’s holdings of the Company’s common shares will be approximately 27.10%. The debt relates to a promissory note of CAD $250,000 entered on May 5, 2015, bearing interest at 10% per annum.
TORONTO, ON–(Marketwired – March 13, 2018) – Primero Mining Corp. (“Primero” or the “Company”) (TSX: P) and First Majestic Silver Corp. (“First Majestic”) (TSX: FR) (NYSE: AG) are pleased to announce that Primero’s shareholders have voted in favour of the arrangement transaction (the “Transaction”) at a special meeting of shareholders held earlier today. In addition, holders of Primero’s 5.75% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures due February 28, 2020 (the “Primero Debentures”) have, at their meeting today, also voted overwhelmingly in favour of the proposed amendment of the trust indenture to accelerate the maturity date of the debentures to the next Business Day (as defined in the trust indenture) following the effective date of the Transaction.
MPACT Silver Corp. (“IMPACT” or the “Company”) announces its financial and production results for the year ended December 31, 2017.
Fred Davidson, President and CEO, stated, “Earlier in the year, IMPACT was named to the 2017 TSX Venture 50. We entered 2018 with a clean balance sheet and no debt. Currently working capital remains strong at $5.6 million. IMPACT continues to expand its in-mine exploration and development to provide additional tonnage throughput at the mill. We also have in place ongoing exploration plans for high potential targets and continue to evaluate strategic transactions to grow value for our shareholders.”
Vancouver, B.C. … Starcore International Mines Ltd. (TSX:SAM) (the “Company” or “Starcore”) announces it has closed its non-brokered private placement through the issuance of 500,000 units at a price of $0.25 per unit for gross proceeds of $125,000. Each unit is comprised of one common share of Starcore and one-half of one transferable common share purchase warrant, each whole warrant exercisable for a period of four years from the date of issue to purchase one common share of Starcore at a price of $0.30 per share. (See press release of February 20, 2018.)
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – March 6, 2018) – Vangold Mining Corp. (TSXV: VAN) (OTC Pink: VGLDF) (FSE: E35B) (“Vangold” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce a non-brokered private placement financing of up to 16,666,667 Units consisting of one common share and one share purchase warrant at a price of $0.12 per unit (the “Offering”). Each warrant will entitle the holder to purchase one commone share at $0.25 per share until the close of business on the day which is 36 months from the date of issue of the warrant.