Vancouver, British Columbia—(June 30, 2020) – Silver One Resources Inc. (TSXV: SVE) (OTCQX: SLVRF) (FSE: BRK1) (“Silver One” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the initiation of trading on the OTCQX. The OTCQX Best Market provides value and convenience to U.S. investors, brokers and institutions seeking to trade Silver One shares under the ticker symbol SLVRF. The OTCQX Best Market is OTC Markets Group’s premier market for established, investor-focused U.S. and international companies. To be eligible, companies must meet high financial standards, follow best practice corporate governance, demonstrate compliance with U.S. securities laws, be current in their disclosure, and have a professional third-party sponsor introduction.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 26th week of the year (June 22nd to June 28th, 2020), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, 6 of those were exploration updates and 6 more related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mining and Automotive industries are to operate even if there is a resurgence of Coronavirus cases. The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved US$11.6 M for 98 projects in 11 States. Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes. AMLO rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium industry…. but declares the conditions on which those conditions are granted have to be reviewed (Keep in mind what’s been happening in the electricity industry). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone completed a maiden drill program on its Rebeico project; Tarachi Gold acquired the Tarachi property in Sonora; Aztec Minerals identified multiple chargeability anomalies at its Cervantes project; Tocvan Ventures released strong results of its soil program on the Pilar project. Vizsla Resources released high grade drilling results from its Panuco project. GoGold Resources released results from three more drill holes at its Los Ricos South project. ON MINING, VanGold Mining plans to clearing the shaft at the Pinguico property to provide access for sampling and eventually infill extraction. ON FINANCING, Southern Silver is eyeing a private placement to raise up to C$7 M. Aura Minerals authorized a dividend’s policy. First Mexican Gold granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants. Orex Minerals raised $989 K on the closing of the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement. Apollo Gold aims to raise up to $5 M. McEwen Mining refinanced its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GR Silver Mining released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. Magna Gold filed a technical report on its San Francisco mine, in Sonora. SilverCrest Metals updated on the development of the Las Chispas project under the Coronavirus emergency. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold announced that COFECE, the last bureaucratic hurdle, has cleared the transaction on its merger. Riverside Resources disclosed additional funding from BHP on its generative copper exploration program in Sonora. Southern Silver Exploration signed an agreement to acquire Electrum Global Holdings’s 60% share on the Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Candente Gold mobilized a team for the due diligence on the El Dorado project and the SDA mill in Nayarit. Hochschild optioned the Los Cuarenta property in Sonora from Riverside Resources. Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a LOI to option the “Jalisco Group of properties” from First Majestic. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Peñasquito donated medical supplies to the IMSS Hospital Número 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas. Esperanza Silver repaired the water supply system in San Agustín Tetlama, Morelos.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining and the Automotive industries to operate, even if there is a resurgence (hypothetical) of Coronavirus cases. Graciela Márquez, Economy Secretary, explained these industries are essential, and are to continue activities under any color of the health lights system.
- The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved the funding of 98 projects for US$11.6 M ($260.9 M pesos) for pavement laying, sidewalk construction and water supply nets. The funds are to be distributed as follows: Sonora US$6.12 M, Zacatecas US$2.47 M, Durango US$1.08 M, Coahuila US$0.93 M, Chihuahua US$0.71 M, San Luis Potosí US$0.21 M, Aguascalientes US$90 K, Jalisco US$54 K, Michoacán US$45 K, Oaxaca US$32 K and Hidalgo US$14 K.
- Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes to the Mexican government, according to University academics on the matter.
- The president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium exploitation in the country. His comment comes regarding the ideas expressed by Victor Manuel Toledo, Environment Secretary and staunch opponent of mining. According to the president, there is already a legal framework for contracts and concessions by the government for the exploitation of mineral resources. However, he also stressed that the conditions on which those concessions are granted have to be reviewed.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. completed the maiden drill program at its Rebeico project in Sonora. Under the program 1,674 m were drilled in ten holes. Most of the holes tested the geometry of gold-copper mineralization on the New Year Zone. Core samples are being submitted to the lab.
- Vizsla Resources Corp. released drilling results from two holes on the Napoleon vein corridor at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted core-length intercepts comprise: 8.2 m @ 739 gpt Ag, 11.06 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 1,527 gpt Ag, 24.9 gpt Au on one hole; 2.5 m @ 454 gpt Ag, 9.20 gpt Au; 5.1 m @ 309 gpt Ag, 8.00 gpt Au, 2.22% Pb, 4.75 % Zn; 1.8 m @ 186 gpt Ag, 15.63 gpt Au, 1.12% Pb, 7.73% Zn in the second hole. True widths are estimated at between 46-66% of down hole lengths.
- GoGold Resources Inc. informed on the results from three diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project. The holes drilled at the San Juan, Rascadero and East veins returned core length intervals of 27 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag (including 4.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag); 39.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 117 gpt Ag (including 11.0 m @ 1.40 gpt Au, 319 gpt Ag); 3.2 m @ 0.15 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. commenced fieldwork at its Tarachi project in Sonora. Tarachi’s geological crews have begun a two-week field program of geological mapping and rock sampling of known mineral occurrences to verify historical work programs. Historical work includes drill intercepts of 5.0 m @ 34.5 gtp Au, 3.0 m @ 24.3 gpt Au; 1.32 m @ 110 gpt Au. The 2,560 ha project includes the San Javier, Pretoria, Chivitas, Jabali, Juliana, Texana and Tarachi concessions.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. identified multiple chargeability anomalies on a 3-dimensional IP-Resisitivity survey completed last year at its Cervantes property in Sonora. Each of the 6 porphyry prospects along the corridor exhibit strong porphyry alteration and Au (Cu) mineralization, while none of the Jacobo, Purisima West, Purisima East and Estrella targets have ever been drill-tested .
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. released results from the soil sampling survey undertaken at its Pilar property in Sonora. The results include values of up to 8 gpt Au and 317 gpt Ag, and collectively have highlighted the East Zone as a new focus area..
- VanGold Mining Corp. plans to begin clearing the El Pinguico shaft at its El Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The mucking of the shaft will allow the company to sample the lower part of the old workings infill, which on surface averaged 1.75 gpt Au, 183 gpt Ag. It will also allow the inspection of underground drifts for extracting the mineralized material, and check on past producing high-grade stopes.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. plans a fully marketed private placement aiming to gross proceeds for a minimum of C$7 M. The company entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Aura Minerals Inc. announced its board of directors approved a dividend policy (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
- First Mexican Gold Corp. granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants (Hilda, Sonora).
- Orex Minerals Inc. closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $989 K (Sandra-previously Sandra Escobar-, Durango).
- Apollo Gold Corp. is conducting a non-brokered placement aiming to raise up to $5 M in gross proceeds (Eztzatlan, Jalisco).
- Mc Ewen Mining Inc. announced the refinancing of its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. “As part of the refinancing, Sprott Private Resource Lending II (Collector), LP has replaced Royal Capital Management Corp. as a lender and the administrative agent for the Term Loan; and Evanachan Limited, a corporation wholly-owned by Rob McEwen, remains a lender….. the maturity date of the Term Loan has been extended by two years to August 31, 2023” (El Gallo, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. Released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. These high-grade silver intercepts are outside the previously mined Pb-Zn-Ag-Au ore of the Plomosas mine area. Some of the highlighted true width (tw) intercepts comprise: 14.6 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 1.0 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.2% Zn; 5.4 m @ 326 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.2% Zn (including 1.9 m @ 900 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 1.9% Pb, 3.2% Zn); 2.1 m @ 349 gpt Ag, 0.4 gpt Au, 2.3% Pb, 1.3% Zn); 2.7 m @ 1,469 gpt Ag, 0.5 gpt Au, 2.2% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 17.4 m @ 4 gpt Ag, 3.6 gpt Au; 2.2 m @ 398 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 32.8 m @ 32 gpt Ag, 0.9 gpt Au; 9.8 m @ 28 gpt Ag, 0.7 gpt Au, 4.2% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 13 m @ 13 gpt Ag, 2.8 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 11.7 m @ 8 gpt Ag, 1.7 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn.
- Magna Gold Corp. filed an independent technical report for the San Francisco Gold project in Sonora.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. continues activities at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. A fully confined camp for 160 persons has been built at the site. All personnel is tested for COVID-19, and transported to the project once the negative results are received. Currently eight rigs are operating on the H2 program focusing on the high-grade resource expansion at the veins Babicanora (SE, NE, deep), Babi Sur (SE to depth), Babi Vista (all directions), Babicanora Norte (SE, NW, deep), Las Chispas (SE to depth), Giovanni (SE to depth), William Tell (all directions), and Varela (all directions). “Underground development has resumed, with a target of 500 metres per month by Q3, 2020, under confined camp conditions. The first ventilation raise in the Babicanora area has been completed. “. The feasibility study is progressing.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Argonaut Gold Inc. and Alio Gold Inc. announced the receipt of the clearance decision from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) with respect to the pending merger between Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold. This approval “was the final government agency approval required before completing the merger, which is anticipated to occur between June 29, 2020 and July 3, 2020” (El Castillo, Durango; Ana Paula, Guerrero).
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced the continuation of the exploration agreement with BHP Exploration Chile SpA for the funding of generative copper exploration in the copper producing belt of Sonora. “BHP will be providing Riverside with US$720,000 to commence the first half of the second year of the Program to continue to grow the portfolio of copper projects which is an increase of US$220,000 from the initial plan ”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M to gain 100% interest in the Cerro Las Minitas project, in Durango. Payments include US$5M in cash and US$2 M in shares by September 2020 (less credit for deposit of C$1.35 M paid in June 2020), US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares six months from closing and US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares one year from closing Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Candente Gold Corp. mobilized a team for the due diligence process on its acquisition process from Magellan Acquisition Corp. of the San Dieguito de Arriba processing plant and the El Dorado project in Nayarit. The Eldorado epithermal vein trend has been traced for 3.5 km along strike, hosting multiple mineralized zones, including distinct high-grade veins and lower grade bulk tonnage stockwork zones extending over tens of meters in width in both the hanging wall and footwall of the vein system.
- Riverside Resources Inc. entered into a definitive option agreement with Minera Hochschild de Mexico S.A. de C.V. for Riverside’s Los Cuarentas project in Sonora. Hochschild is to pay Riverside US$90 K on the signing of the agreement and invest US$8 M over four years in the property to earn 51%, upon which it can elect to earn an additional 24% by spending a further $3 M and producing a feasibility study. Upon completing the second phase earn-in, Riverside will have the option to sell its interest for US$20 M, while retaining a 1% NSR.
- Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with First Majestic Silver Corp. for a three-year earn-in option to acquire First Majestic’s “Jalisco Group of Properties”. Under the terms of the agreement Apollo will pay $250 K and issue 4.29 M shares and 1.5 M warrants on closing of the definitive agreement. A further $200 K and 1 M shares a year from closing and $300 K and 1 M shares two years from the closing date. Apollo commits to spend at least $1.25 M on the properties within 36 months of closing. The properties comprise 5,240 ha of mining concessions which include the Etzatlan, Ampora, La Calabaza, Piedra and Bola mines.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñasquito donated medical supplies in the fight against Coronavirus to the IMSS Rural Hospital number 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas.
- Esperanza Silver de Mexico repaired the water supply equipment supplying the 2,500 inhabitants of San Agustín de Tetlama community in Morelos.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Epithermal quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the twenty five week of the year (June 15th to June 21tt, 2020), at least 44 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve disclosing deals and corporate issues, ten announcing financial rounds, six commenting on Mexican issues, five informing on exploration results, five discussing on social issues, four reporting on resources and developments, and two communicating production and financial results, ON MEXICO ISSUES, Minera Fresnillo published a press release regarding the events of last Friday, June 12, when a group of people committed excesses in the vicinity of the Fresnillo mine in Zacatecas. Fresnillo plc announced recruitment of 130 mine workers who labored at the Francisco I Madero mine in Zacatecas. Bacanora Lithium announced that it is set to start production at its Sonora project in Mexico in 2022, despite COVID-19 interruptions. Mexico has some of the largest undeveloped Ag deposits that have been slowed by economic weakness and price fluctuations. Senator Miguel Angel Lucero Olivas, president of the Mining and Regional Development commission, will present a point of agreement to maintain the Undersecretariat of Mining and, if possible, raise it to the Secretariat level. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Magna Gold announced plans to conduct initial drill programs at its La Pima, San Judas and Veta Tierra projects. In Sinaloa, Vizsla added a second rig at its Panuco project, and Kootenay released drill results from the first core hole collared at its Copalito project. In Durango, Mithril provided an update on its Copalquin project. In Jalisco, GoGold released drill results from nine holes collared at its Los Ricos South project. ON MINING, Magna Gold provided an update and reported production and financial results for May 2020 from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Santacruz reported consolidated Q4 and full year 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican mine operations. ON FINANCING, Aztec Minerals arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $3M (Cervantes project, Sonora). Candelaria Mining entered in a medium term loan facility for USD $9M (Pinos project, Zacatecas). Mammoth closed a non-brokered private placement for net proceeds of $141,250, which due to demand was increased to $167,475 (Tenoriba project, Chihuahua). Megastar closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $ 926,800 (Rama de Oro, Oaxaca). Telson formed a strategic funding alliance with Accendo Banco for USD $12M (Tahuehueto project, Durango). First Mexican closed the first tranche of its previously announced brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1,235,229.73 (Guadalupe project, Sonora). GR Silver completed a bought deal private placement for gross proceeds of $9,153,000 (Plomosas project, Sinaloa). Magna Gold announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $7,000,750 (San Francisco mine, Sonora). Mexus announced that it has paid $178,855.49 to satisfy an outstanding debt obligation (Santa Elena mine, Sonora). One World Lithium approved a temporary management cease trade order which, if granted, will prohibit trading in securities of the Company by certain insiders of the Company, whether direct or indirect (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Metals extended higher grade and expanded the drill program at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Canuc announced that it signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M3SH Technologies Inc., to distribute and sell technological solutions (San Javier project, Sonora). Magna Gold provided plans for its San Francisco mine in Sonora, and reported that a mine design has been completed and plans to advance a pilot test program for its Mercedes project in Sonora. Sierra Metals released drill results and confirmed the discovery of a new high grade Ag area at its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Bacanora Lithium received notification of the off-market transfer of a portion of the shares beneficially owned by Mark Hohnen (Sonora Lithium project, Sonora). Fortuna Silver reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Jose mine, Oaxaca). Oroco announced that its shares have been approved to trade on the OTCQB Venture market in USA (Santo Tomas project, Sinaloa). Prime Mining announced key management changes and amended its Los Reyes option agreement in Sinaloa. Silver Dollar signed a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire La Joya project, Durango from First Majestic. Newmont was ranked top miner in the 100 best corporate citizens list for 2020 (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). Torex announced management changes and results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (El Limón-Guajes mine complex, Guerrero). Tarachi Gold retained Digital 257 Technologies Inc., for digital media and capital market communication services and granted stock options to directors, officers and consultants of the compnay (Juliana project, Sonora). SilverCrest presented results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora). Silver Spruce granted 6.75M stock options to directors and consultants of the company (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Mining companies operating in Mexico have shown their support in different ways to face the COVID-19 pandemic. The Grupo Mexico Foundation donated preventive kits to the Fire Department, Red Cross and Civil Protection of the Sonoran capital, and delivered health and safety kits to the Taxco, Guerrero health sector. Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), delivered preventive material for the COVID-19 health contingency in the municipalities of Cocula and Valerio Trujano, in Guerrero State. Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc), strengthened security protocols to guarantee safe and contagion-free workspaces for its collaborators. Mina San Dimas of First Majestic received medical equipment to face contingency for COVID-19.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Minera Fresnillo (Fresnillo plc), published a press release regarding the events of last Friday, June 12, when a group of people committed excesses in the vicinity of the Fresnillo mine in Zacatecas, in which there were arrests of armed persons. The company initiated legal proceedings before the competent authority. Minera Fresnillo reiterated its respect for union autonomy, and the application of the Mexican rule of law, in particular, current labor legislation. The company also pointed out that there is a disinformation campaign promoted by a group of people that has not been conducted by the institutional media established by the law.
- Fresnillo plc, announced recruitment of 130 mine workers who labored at the Francisco I Madero mine in Zacatecas. The Francisco I Madero mine was indefinitely suspended a month ago but Fresnillo called them to present their documentation and participate in the contracting process to join the Fresnillo and Saucito mines in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. With this measure, the Mexican mining company will increase its base of collaborators, which will have a positive impact in the region, as 130 new direct and 520 indirect jobs will be generated.
- Bacanora Lithium plc, announced that it is set to start production at its Sonora project in Mexico in 2022, despite COVID-19 interruptions. The company could benefit from the momentum of a “green recovery” after the pandemic that could spur growth in the electric vehicle market, according to the analyst. The USD $420M project, to be carried out through a 22.5: 77.5% JV with strategic partner Ganfeng Lithium, will be the first to produce significant volumes of lithium in Mexico. Production is estimated to approximate 17,500tonnes per year of lithium carbonate, doubling to 35,000 tonnes starting in 2026 following a USD $380M expansion.
- Mexico has some of the largest undeveloped Ag deposits that have been slowed by economic weakness and price fluctuations. Four deposits with reserves totaling 178 B Oz Ag remain in the list: Cordero deposit in Chihuahua and owned by Discovery Metals, has resources for 595 M Oz Ag; Pitarrila in Durango, owned by SSR Mining with 552M Oz Ag, Metates in Durango, owned by Chesapeake with 526M Oz Ag; and La Preciosa in Durango owned by Coeur with 105M Oz Ag.
- Senator Miguel Angel Lucero Olivas, president of the Mining and Regional Development commission, will present a point of agreement to maintain the Undersecretariat of Mining and, if possible, raise it to the Secretariat level. Mexico can gain strength thanks to mining and this is a key point of support for the economic reactivation of the country, therefore it is necessary to have a government agency that can lead and represent a strategic sector such as mining.
- Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga Fernández, assured that the six mines he visited in Sonora are free of COVID-19. He also verified that strict protocols are being applied. So far, there have been no confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19 in any of the resumed Sonoran mines. The Undersecretariat of Mining, previously had already visited other mines in the states of Durango, Chihuahua, Zacatecas, and Coahuila, pointed out that there have been no outbreaks or contagions of COVID-19.
- Magna Gold Corp., announced plans to conduct initial drill programs at its La Pima, San Judas and Veta Tierra projects in Sonora. At La Pima, a highly prospective high-grade underground Ag project located 30km NE of the San Francisco open pit, Magna plans to commence a 2,000m core drill program once it completes the permitting process and surface ownership negotiations. At San Judas, located 50 km W of San Francisco open pit, it wants to initiate a first phase of RC drilling in Q4,2020, which will comprises 3,000m to test three of the seven priority targets identified to date. At Veta Tierra, located 5.5 Km NW of the San Francisco open pit, the company wants to re-initiate activities to complete an unfinished drill program that was commenced by Timmins Gold in 2013, which will include 2,000 of RC to test the lateral continuity of the Au mineralization indicated by previous drilling along a 300m trend of an exposed diorite intrusion.
- Vizsla Resources Corp., added a second rig at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. The company recently resumed its 14,500m drilling program focused on testing over 20 initial drill targets on its unexplored Panuco mining district. To date, only approximately 4,500m have been drilled.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., released drill results from the first core hole collared at its Copalito project in Sinaloa. The first hole (BDH-20-001) reached a depth of 105.2m and tested the eastern edge of the Cinco Señores vein, returning 106 g/t Ag over 22m, including 1.09 g/t Au and 244 g/t Ag over 3m and including 286 g/t Ag over 1m, and other interval of 0.25 g/t Au and 250 g/t Ag over 5m, including 0.1 g/t Au and 360 g/t Ag over 1m. The 3,500m drill program will continue with the next holes planned to test the Cinco Señores vein where chip sampling returned encouraging Au and Ag values such as 2.9 g/t Au and 426 g/t Ag over 3.2m; 0.24 g/t Au and 401 g/t Ag over 5.3m; 1,155 g/t Ag over 1m; 1.8 g/t Au and 396 g/t Ag over 1m; and 534 g/t Ag over 1m. Five additional principal veins of epithermal affinity remain to be drill tested.
- Mithril Resources Limited, provided an update on the exploration activities at its Copalquin project in Durango. “A permit for the drill program was issued in 2019 and is being fast tracked and expanded to include additional drill target areas. All drill pads have been constructed for the initial drill program with clear access tracks established. Drilling support infrastructure is progressing as planned, ahead of the arrival of the drill rig in the coming weeks”. Drilling will begin at La Soledad target, where over 600m of vein have been mapped at surface with an additional 400m of vein splaying off towards the El Indio mine workings to the east. Drilling will continue at Los Pinos and Los Reyes targets, each with approximately 400m of vein mapped at surface. These structures are the eastern extension of El Cometa. There are other interesting targets in the property but need further mapping and sampling to better define drill targets.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drill results from nine holes collared at its Los Ricos South project in Jalisco, including three at San Juan, four at the main Area, one at Rascadero and one at the East Vein. Significant intersections were encountered in hole LR-GG-174 (Main Area) with 2.56 g/t Au and 173 g/t Ag (4.86 g/t AuEq or 365 g/t AgEq) over 15m, including 8.33 g/t Au and 496 g/t Ag (14.94 g/t AuEq or 1,120 g/t AgEq) over 4.4m; hole LR-GG-169 (San Juan) with 3.18 g/t Au and 188 g/t Ag (5.68 g/t AuEq or 426 g/t AgEq) over 4.1m; and hole LR-GG-178 (East Vein) with 1.09 g/t Au and 97 g/t Ag (2.38 g/t AuEq or 178 AgEq) over 4.4m, including 1.88 g/t Au and 171 g/t Ag (4.17 g/t AuEq or 312 g/t AgEq) over 2.0m.
- Magna Gold Corp., provided an update on its San Francisco mine in Sonora and reported May 2020 production and financial results. In this period, Magna produced and sold 2,349 Oz Au at an estimated cash cost of USD $607 per Oz, resulting in Au sales of USD $4.2M and an operating profit of USD $2.8M. It also announced the commencement of mining and processing fresh mineralized material in August.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q4 and full year 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican mine operations. In Q4, 2019, Santacruz processed 220,154 tonnes to produce 1.32M Oz AgEq at a cash and AISC of USD $ 18.75 and $21.29 per Oz AgEq produced respectively. It reported revenues of USD $9,964 and a net loss of USD $16,017. In 2019 full year, the company processed 469,291 tonnes to produce 2.83M Oz Ag at a cash and AISC of USD $18.34 and USD $21.55 per Oz AgEq produced respectively. It reported revenues for USD $27,140 and a net loss of USD $20,432.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., arranged a non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of CAD $3M with sophisticated investors, shareholders and directors of the Company. Finder´s fees may be payable in cash and / or warrants on certain portions of the financing, subject to regulatory approvals. Part of the net proceeds will be used to conduct exploration work on its Cervantes porphyry Cu-Au project in Sonora and for general working capital purposes.
- Candelaria Mining Corp., entered into a medium term loan facility with Accendo Banco S.A. for USD $9M. Funds will be used for financing construction of its Pinos project in Zacatecas and for working capital purposes.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for net proceeds of $141,250, the same that due to demand was increased to $167,475. Gross proceeds will be used for working capital purposes, including corporate development expenses (Tenoriba project, Chihuahua).
- Megastar Development Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $926,800. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration on multiple properties within the Oaxaca, Mexico Au-Ag belt optioned from Minera Zalamera S.A. de C.V. (Yautepec, Magdalena and Rama de Oro projects, Oaxaca).
- Telson Mining Corporation, formed a strategic funding alliance with Accendo Banco for USD $12M. Funds will be used for the construction of the Tahuehueto mining project in Durango and general working capital purposes. Accendo also intends to purchase up to USD $500K of existing debt with Tahuehueto mining project´s suppliers and convert the debt into common shares of Telson. Additionally, Telson intends to conduct a non-brokered private placement for up to $750K.
- First Mexican Gold Corp., closed the first tranche of its previously announced brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $$1,235,229.73 (Guadalupe project, Sonora).
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., completed a previously announced bought deal private placement for gross proceeds of $9,153,000. GR plans to use the net proceeds to fund resource expansion and drilling at its Plomosas and San Marcial projects in Sinaloa, and for working capital and general corporate purposes. Brokers who helped with the financing will receive a cash commission of $636,660 and an aggregate of 2,358,000 non-transferable broker warrants at an issue price for a period of 12 months from the closing date of the offering.
- Magna Gold Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement for net proceeds of up to $7,000,750 and includes lead investments by Eric Sprott and two mining industry participants. The net proceeds from the private placement will be used for working capital purposes in connection with the company’s existing projects. In connection with the private placement, certain parties may receive a finder’s fee payment equal to 6% of the gross proceeds of the offered shares (San Francisco mine, Sonora).
- Mexus Gold US, announced that on June 13, 2020 it has paid $178,855.49 to satisfy an outstanding debt obligation (Santa Elena mine, Sonora).
- One World Lithium Inc., approved a temporary management cease trade order which, if granted, will prohibit trading in securities of the company by certain insiders of the company, whether direct or indirect (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Metals Corp., released results from 8 drill holes, and extends higher grade at is Cordero project in Chihuahua. Highlights include hole C20-326 with 2,470 g/t Ag, 0.02 g/t Au, and 0.4% Zn (2,489 g/t AgEq) over 0.7m; hole C20-328 with 69 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (197 g/t AgEq) over 51.9m, and 62 g/t Ag, 0.22 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, and 1.3% Zn (174 g/t AgEq) over 62.2m; and hole C20-330 with 38 g/t Ag, 0.16 g/t Au, 0.8% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (112 g/t AgEq) over 85.5m. Based on results Discover has expanded its drilling program from 30,000-35,000m to 50,000-55,000m and will be focused on: 1) “Targeting of broad zones of breccia-hosted mineralization in the east and north-east of both mineralized corridors and 2) Testing of the width, grade and continuity of extensive high-grade vein systems identified in and adjacent to historical artisanal underground workings during the early history of the Project”.
- Magna Gold Corp., provided an update on its Mercedes and San Francisco properties in Sonora. It reported that a mine design has been completed for its Mercedes project in Sonora, based on the initial drill program completed last year. It also reported that a suite of metallurgical tests work is currently underway. Magna´s objective is to extract 20K Oz Au with minimal associated operating and capital expenditures to provide additional information on the deposit that will guide future drilling and work programs. At San Francisco mine, it announced the execution of an initial four-month drill program in and around San Francisco and La Chicharra open pits to support the conversion of mineral resources to reserves. Magna also has retained Micon International Limited to complete a PFS to re-evaluate the resource model, examine potential operational improvements, and develop an optimized production schedule that incorporates all currently available drill data, updated operating costs and revised gold price assumptions. It is expected to be completed by the end of July, 2020.
- Sierra Metals Inc., released drill results and confirmed the discovery of a new high grade Ag area called Northeast-Southwest system of epithermal veins at its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. The new high-grade silver vein system was discovered as a consequence of a combination of mine development work in recent months and confirmatory drilling. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole DC20M658 with 0.1g/t Au, 304 g/t Ag, 0.34%Pb, and 0.25% Zn (327 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 9.35m; hole DC20M677 with 0.03 g/t Au, 1,140 g/t Ag, 0.37% Pb, and 0.36% Zn (1,163 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.90m; hole DC20M686 with 0.04 g/t Au, 428 g/t Ag, 0.46% Pb, and 0.76% Zn over a TW of 17.45m; and hole DC20M687 with 0.45 g/t Au, 890 g/t Ag, 1.74% Pb, and 3.2% Zn (1,151 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.85m.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Bacanora Lithium plc., received notification of the off-market transfer of a portion of the shares beneficially owned by Mark Hohnen, Executive Chairman of the Company. The transfer is ultimately to an existing superannuation pension fund of Mr. Hohnen (Sonora Lithium project, Sonora).
- Canuc Resources Corporation, announced that it signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M3SH Technologies Inc. This will allow Canuc to distribute and sell technological solutions enabling Canuc to facilitate application with mining and extractive industry clients (San Javier project, Sonora).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Jose mine, Oaxaca).
- Oroco Resource Corp., announced that its shares have been approved to trade on the OTCQB Venture market in USA under the symbol “ORRCF”, effective immediately (Santo Tomas project, Sinaloa).
- Prime Mining Corp., announced key changes in executive management and board of directors, appointing its new CEO, Executive VP, and two new board members. The company also announced that it entered into an amendment to its option agreement on Los Reyes project in Sinaloa, with Vista Gold Inc. The amendment provides for the cancellation of all ongoing NSR and back-in rights held by Vista, in consideration for accelerating the final USD $1.5M option payment owing to Vista and completing a series of additional cash payments totalling USD $2.1M. “Upon the company making the option payment, Vista will no longer retain a capped NSR on production from open-pit mining and a perpetual NSR on production from underground mining. In addition, Vista will no longer have the Back-in Right to assume a 49% non-carried interest in any underground mining project developed at the property”.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., signed a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire an initial 80% of interest following the exercise of which it may earn an additional 20% for an aggregate 100% interest in La Joya project, Durango from First Majestic Silver Corp. To acquire an 80% interest in la Joya, Silver Dollar will make a cash payment of $1.3M over four years, issue shares equal to 19.9% of Silver Dollar´s then outstanding common shares within one year, incur $1M of exploration expenditures within the first five years, and grant First Majestic a 2% NSR. If Silver Dollar incurs the exploration expenditures within the first three years; however, First Majestic will waive the remaining $600K – or nearly half – of the cash option payments. Silver Dollar may exercise its second option and acquire the remaining 20% (for an aggregate 100%interest) of the La Joya property by providing notice to First Majestic within 30 days of earning the first 80% interest and issuing to First Majestic additional shares equal to 5% of Silver Dollar’s then-outstanding common shares within five years. If Silver Dollar does not provide such notice, Silver Dollar and First Majestic will enter into a joint venture.
- Newmont Corporation, was ranked top miner in the 100 best corporate citizens list for 2020. It moved from 20th on last year´s list to 13th overall in 3BL Media´s (formerly Corporate Responsibility Magazine´s) 100 Best Corporate citizens (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas).
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., notified management changes and results from its annual general meeting of shareholders. It announced the appointment of its new CEO, Executive Chair, and Independent Director (El Limón-Guajes mine complex, Guerrero).
- Tarachi Gold Corp., retained Digital 257 Technologies Inc., for digital media and capital market communication services. The Company will compensate Digital 257 $10K per month for three months of service. Tarachi also granted 2,735,000 incentive stock options to directors, officers and consultants of the company at an exercise price of $0.31 per share (Juliana project, Sonora).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., presented results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., granted 6.75M stock options to directors and consultants of the company with an exercise price of $0.05 per share (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Mining companies operating in Mexico, have shown their support in different ways to the communities where they operate to face the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the Mexican Mining Chamber (CAMIMEX), 26 mining companies that operate in 16 entities of the country have made different contributions to the sanitary emergency. The contributions have been of a different nature, including donations of medical equipment and personal protection kits, basic services such as water and electricity, medical services, pantries, etc.
- The Grupo Mexico Foundation, donated preventive kits to the Fire Department, Red Cross and Civil Protection of Hermosillo, Sonora, in order to support public institutions that work daily for the benefit of the community in the face of the health contingency by COVID-19. The Grupo Mexico Foundation delivered 500 protection kits containing goggles, N95 masks to the Fire Department, 500 kits to Civil Protection, and 300 kits to the Red Cross Delegation in Hermosillo, Sonora. It also delivered 35 health and safety kits to the Taxco, Guerrero health sector such as the Adolfo Prieto General Hospital, the Mexican Red Cross Taxco delegation, the Mexican Institute of Social Security and Civil Protection. The donation consisted of 10 packages of safety kits that include tyvek suits, face shield and gloves, and the donation of 25 health kits consisting of tyvek suits, gloves, caps, shoe covers and disposable aprons.
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), delivered preventive material for the COVID-19 health contingency and surgical material to strengthen the health infrastructure in the Health Centers and Houses of the communities of Nuevo Balsas, Atzcala, Real del Limón and La Fundición, in the municipality of Cocula and Valerio Trujano and in the neighborhood of Tepecoacuilco, in Guerrero state.
- Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc), strengthened security protocols to guarantee safe and contagion-free workspaces for its collaborators. The protocols that the company has implemented have been in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Secretaries of Health, Economy and Labor of the Federal Government. Minera Penmont reinforced the cleaning tasks in all its facilities and disinfection of transport trucks for collaborators and suppliers. It placed disinfectant gel in areas of greater affluence and promoted the use of masks in offices and respirators in operating areas. In addition, it installed sanitary filters in which the health status of the personnel was evaluated with first-class equipment and the latest technology such as infrared thermometers and a thermal imager.
- Mina San Dimas of First Majestic received medical equipment to face contingency for COVID-19 in the San Dimas communities through the company clinic. It received specialized medical equipment to care for patients with acute respiratory diseases, other equipment including oxygen concentrators, laryngoscopes, as well as a capnograph and a portable emergency ventilator that together have a market price of around USD $65K.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, ptygmatic folds developed in a meta-sedimentary sequence in an orogenic Au prospect in Michoacan, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, B.C. — Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. (TSX.V:SCZ) (the “Company” or “Santacruz”) reports on its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter (“Q4”) of 2019 and for the 2019 fiscal year. The full version of the financial statements and accompanying management discussion and analysis can be viewed on the Company’s website at www.santacruzsilver.com or on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. All financial information is prepared in accordance with IFRS and all dollar amounts are expressed in thousands of US dollars, except per unit amounts, unless otherwise indicated.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 24th week of the year (June 8th to June 14th, 2020), at least 35 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, 8 of those were exploration updates and 9 related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Senator Miguel Lucero and a coalition of mining unions proposed the creation of the Mining Secretariat, against the presidential bid to close the Sub-Secretariat of Mining. The Mexican president asked publicly the Canadian ambassador for help to get Canadian mining companies to pay due taxes. First Majestic asked the Canadian ambassador to intervene on the tax dispute. Copper prices have reached $2.60 per pound. Two rival unions were involved in a brawl in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. Francisco Quiroga Sub-Secretary of Mining informed that mines in Mexico are free of confirmed Coronavirus cases. All mines have procedures in place to detect and control outbreaks on transport and work sites. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Silver Viper resumes drilling at La Virginia; Aztec Minerals updated on exploration at its Cervantes project; Colibri presented assay results from grab samples at the Evelyn project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay Silver recommenced drilling at Columba. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver restarted drilling at the Copalito property. In Durango, Mithril Resources prepares to drill the Copalquin project. In Jalisco, GoGold Resources began drilling Los Ricos North project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold continues mining at its Santa Elena property. Peñoles is to invest one billion dollars in 2020 in its mining operations. Fresnillo PLC reported on payments to governments of Mexico and Peru. ON FINANCING, Minaurum closed a private placement netting $4.21 M. Discovery closed the second and final tranche of its private placement, accruing C$25 M. Silver Viper commenced trading on the OTCQB in USA. Sonoro Metals realized a third MOU on its Cerro Caliche project, Sonora. Starcore paid its debts and is now debt free. Consolidated Zinc is to raise $0.57 M to purchase equipment. Vangold accelerated the warrant program relating to its 2019 placement. Prime Mining completed the offering for C$10 M. Mag Silver now holds 19.9% of Reyna Silver. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold started the fieldwork needed to complete the environmental baseline report at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. Minera Alamos reported more drill results from its Santana project in Sonora. Capstone updated on the mineral resources of its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas, showing a nice increase. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Magellan Gold is leaving Mexico. Mithril Resources appointed new CEO and Chief Geologist. Sonoro Metals postponed its general meeting. Evrim Resources and Renaissance Gold are merging into a new entity named Orogen Royalties. Silver Spruce optioned the El Mezquite property in Sonora. GR Silver Mining filed on SEDAR the amended technical report on its San Marcial project. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Grupo Mexico, Fresnillo PLC, Argonaut Gold, Bylsa Drilling, Asociación de Real de Minas de San Javier, SilverCrest, Alamos Gold, Agnico Eagle, EMS, Molymex, Metallorum-Autlán, FLSmidth, First Majestic, Gruminex, Peñoles, Barimont, MAC Distribuciones, Dynapro Pumps, Cobre del Mayo, Minera Capela, Peña Colorada and Newmont Corp. informed on a large array of investments and measures that benefit the mining communities.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Senator Miguel A. Lucero (president of the mining and regional development commission in the senate) proposed the creation of the Mining Secretariat. This was his viewpoint in the rumors that the president Lopez Obrador is about to disappear several sub secretariats on grounds of saving resources. He stressed that the mining industry operates in over 200 municipalities that deserves close attention.
- The Union Nacional de Sindicatos Minero–Metalurgicos de Mexico asked the president Lopez Obrador to evaluate the creation of a Mining Secretariat, to foster national and foreign investment and generate jobs.
- The President of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO) asked publicly the Canadian ambassador for help to get Canadian mining companies to pay due taxes. He stated that the debts are clear and that there is no point on the mining companies to seek legal complaints.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. has asked Canada’s ambassador to Mexico to intervene in an escalating tax dispute with President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador’s government. “We’ve been trying to get somebody to the table to finally put this behind us,” First Majestic CEO Keith Neumeyer told Reuters. Neumeyer said the company had proposed three settlement offers since 2018 before launching the trade challenge last month. “Each of the offers has been rebuffed”.
- Copper prices grew 25% from its March minimums, reaching US$2.60 per Lb thanks to the Chinese recovery.
- Rival Unions in Fresnillo, Zacatecas, participated in a brawl that resulted in several persons conducted to a nearby hospital for medical care. This arises for a rivalry between the Sindicato Nacional Minero Metalúrgico (FRENTE) and the Sindicato Independiente for representation of workers at the Fresnillo mine.
- Francisco Quiroga, Sub-Secretary of Mining informed that mines in Mexico are free of confirmed Coronavirus cases. All mines have procedures in place to detect and control outbreaks on transport and work sites.
- VanGold Mining Corp. completed a bulk sample and metallurgical test at its Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The 1,039 tonne bulk sample was processed at Endeavour Silver Corp’s Bolañitos mill in Guanajuato, with an average grade of 1.23 gpt AuEq, and a recovery rate of 75.2% Au, 60.4% Ag.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. resumes exploration at its La Virginia project in Sonora. “The recently renewed work program continues Phase II drilling at the El Rubi discovery area, where systematic testing of the structure is being conducted on 50m sectional step outs. A second drill will test exploration targets in and around the El Rubi location”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. recommenced drilling at its Columba project in Chihuahua. The initial holes of the remaining 5,200 meters of the phase II 7,000 m program “will focus on expanding the F-vein by following-up on positive results from the first 10 holes of the Program…… Beyond augmenting previously drilled areas the Program will investigate untouched veins mapped out by Kootenay’s geological team”.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. updated on the exploration of the Cervantes project in Sonora, in advance of the signing of the 65/35 joint venture agreement with Kootenay Silver Inc. Highlights from the 2017 drilling program at the California target include the following intercepts: 160 m @ 0.77 gpt Au (including 80 m @ 1.04 gpt Au, 0.11% Cu); 139 m @ 0.71 gpt Au (including 20 m @ 2.10 gpt Au, 0.16% Cu); 118 m @ 0.63 gpt Au (including 43 m @ 1.18 gpt Au, 0.16% Cu); 122 m @ 0.60 gpt Au (including 62 m @ 0.88 gpt Au, 0.06% Cu); 170 m @ 0.42 gpt Au (including 32 m @ 0.87 gpt Au, 0.06% Cu). Other targets include Purisima East, Estrella, Purisima West and Jasper. Preliminary metallurgical tests have shown 85.1% to 87.7% Au recovery in oxide, 77.9% Au recovery in mixed oxide/sulfide and 51.2% in sulfide.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. recommenced drilling at its Copalito property in Sinaloa. The 3,000 m drill program was halted due to the Coronavirus lockdown when only one 105.2 m hole had been completed. Over 10 kilometres of untested vein strike has been mapped, with strike lengths up to 2 km and widths from 0.5 m to 15 m. Previously reported grab and channel samples have returned up to 3,770 gpt Ag, 8.2 gpt Au, 17.4% Zn, 9.9% Pb and 1.5% Cu.
- GoGold Resources Inc. began drilling at the La Trini target, part of the Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Historical intersections by Tumi Resources include: 24.4 m @ 6.4 gpt Au, 1,629 gpt Ag; 18.3 m @ 3.1 gpt Au, 150 gpt Ag; 6.1 m @ 2.8 gpt Au, 174 gpt Ag; 19.7 m @ 4.9 gpt Au, 193 gpt Ag; 14.1 m @ 4.9 gpt Au, 261 gpt Ag; 10.5 m @ 5.7 gpt Au, 188 gpt Ag.
- Mithril Resources Ltd. prepares to drill its Copalquin project in Durango. “Drilling and helicopter support contracts have been signed with mobilisation of equipment commencing in June 2020…… Previous drilling has identified three areas with underground mineable grades over potentially mineable widths. These areas are El Refugio, La Soledad and El Cometa (which also include open pit resource potential). Mithril’s drilling campaign will systematically test each of these high-priority areas and will also drill test Los Reyes, Los Pinos, and later La Constancia and the important San Manuel multi-level mine workings”.
- Colibri Resource Corp. received assays from samples collected on the western part of the Evelyn property in Sonora. The western part of the project is mostly covered by a thin veneer of alluvium and colluvium. More than 50 grab samples have been taken from small areas of sub-crop and outcrop exposed through the cover. “Three samples returned values greater than 2.0 g/t Au, 6 samples returned values greater that 0.25 g/t Au, and a total of 15 samples returned anomalous Au” up to 27.5 gpt Au.
- Mexus Gold US. continues mining and expects to put 1,800 tons of material in the leach pads by the end of this week, on its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake for First Majestic Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- Industrias Mineras Peñoles. is to invest one billion dollars in Mexico this year, regardless of the economic downturn by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Fresnillo PLC. reported on payments done to Mexico and Peru governments derived from its operations in both countries. The company paid in Mexico a total of US$233.7 M in Mexico, of which US$28.6 M were from licences and mining concessions fees.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. announced the closing of the previously announced non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $4.21 M, with the prominent participation of Sprott Global Resources Investments Ltd. (Alamos Silver, Sonora).
- Discovery Metals Corp. closed the second and final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of C$25 M. “The Company also announces it has received approval by the Mexican government to resume operations at its Cordero project with strict COVID-19 health and safety protocols”. The company has over $40 M in cash on its balance sheet (Cordero, Chihuahua).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. commenced trading on the OTCQB Venture Market in the United States (La Virginia, Sonora).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. executed a third memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the finance and development of its proposed Cerro Caliche Heap Leach Pilot Operation. As of February 28, 2020, Sonoro had received two executed MoUs regarding project debt financing and EPC services for its proposed Cerro Caliche heap leach (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. reported that the company paid out CAD$3 M of secured bonds plus accrued interest of CAD$235.4 K. In addition to this, the company also repaid a US$1 M loan. The payments were made from the Company’s cash flow generated from mine operations and prior asset sales (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced firm commitments to raise a further $0.57 M via a single tranche placement. “Funds raised from the Placement will be applied towards the purchase of equipment to increase efficiencies at Plomosas, working capital and offer costs” (Plomosas, Chihuahua).
- VanGold Mining Corp. announced that to date the warrant acceleration program in connection with the company’s 2019 placement has rendered $1.16 M in gross proceeds of which $650 K were accrued by the exercise of warrants by Vangold’s directors and officers. “…funding for a portion of the exercise of warrants by directors and officers was facilitated through the sale of a portion their existing share holdings” (El Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Prime Mining Corp. announced the completion of the offering for gross proceeds of C$10 M (Los Reyes, Sinaloa).
- Mag Silver Corp. has acquired 14.55 M shares of Reyna Silver Corp., owning to date 19.9% of its outstanding shares.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp. announced “that fieldwork towards completing an environmental baseline study has commenced at the Las Minas project. Drilling at Las Minas is scheduled to commence in early July”.
- Minera Alamos Inc. reported more drilling results from its Phase II program at its Santana project in Sonora. The results further expand mineralization to the SW, and confirm the depth potential previously identified. Highlighted core length intervals comprise: 202.7 m @ 0.51 gpt Au; 105.6 m @ 0.31 gpt Au, 50.9 m @ 0.34 gpt Au; 90.0 m @ 0.40 gpt Au; 43.3 m @ 0.61 gpt Au; 42.5 m @ 0.36 gpt Au; 62.5 m @ 0.31 gpt Au, 188.2 m @ 0.28 gpt Au.
- Capstone Mining Corp. updated the mineral resource estimate for the Cozamin mine in Zacatecas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Magellan Gold Corp. is redirecting its focus toward opportunities within the United States. “the company has divested all of its Mexico operations through the sale of its subsidiary Magellan Acquisition Corp.”. Among the operations divested is the SDA mill and the El Dorado property, both in Nayarit.
- Mithril Resources Ltd. appointed John Skeet as its new CEO and Hall Stewart as its Chief Geologist (Copalquin, Durango)
- Sonoro Metals Corp. postponed its annual general meeting to September 4, 2020 (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Evrim Resources Corp. and Renaissance Gold Inc. entered into an agreement to combine in a merger of equals “in which Evrim will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of Renaissance through a share exchange transaction to create a new company, to be named Orogen Royalties Inc. Orogen will focus on project generation as has been the history of both Evrim and Renaissance but with a renewed focus on organic royalty creation and royalty acquisition” (royalty in Ermitaño, Sonora).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. signed a binding option agreement with Colibri Resources Corp. to acquire 50% interest in its wholly owned Mexican subsidiary Yaque Minerals S.A. de C.V., which holds the El Mezquite project in Sonora. El Mezquite is 12 Km NE of the Santana property, currently under mine development by Minera Alamos. To obtain 50% interest Silver Spruce has to pay US$82.5 K by September 1, 2020, US$127.5 K by September 1, 2021, and CDN$500 K for a debenture due in October 2023. The company will have the option to pay US$107.5 K by December 31, 2020 to complete the cash acquisition for a discounted total of US$190 K. Minimum work expenditures total US$600 K on the four year term of the agreement. A 1% royalty to the original vendors of the property can be purchased for US500 K at any time.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. filed on SEDAR its amended technical report on resources estimation of its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. There are 12 amendments in different parts of the report, with no material differences on the resource estimation.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- In Sonora more than 125 thousand persons in 30 municipalities and 47 rural communities have received support by 13 mining companies and six service providers: Grupo México, Fresnillo Plc, Argonaut Gold, Bylsa Drilling, Asociación de Real de Minas de San Javier, SilverCrest, Alamos Gold, Agnico Eagle, EMS, Molymex, Metallorum-Autlán, FLSmidth, First Majestic, Gruminex, Peñoles, Barimont, MAC Distribuciones, Dynapro Pumps and Cobre del Mayo).
- The mining sector in Mexico strives nowadays for social co-responsibility between community, government and enterprises, where the communities define their needs and priorities, the government complies with its responsibilities and enterprises promote and provide resources, organize community committees and develop executive projects.
- The world day of the environment was held in Teloloapan, Guerrero, with the presence of Efrén Romero, municipal president, Army members and Minera Capela executives.
- In Cuencamé, Durango, a road work investment of 11 million pesos was inaugurated by Luly Martínez. Municipal president. The investment was made possible with resources from the Mining Fund.
- Agnico Eagle received the Environmental Excellence Award from the Mining Association in Canada, for its work in Pinos Altos, Chihuahua, where was developed an ultra-high density grazing initiative.
- Peña Colorada builds a medical facility in Manzanillo. With an investment of 4 M pesos, the facility will count with an area for patient care, and another area for the rest of the medical personnel, as this new building is by the side of the Hospital General de Manzanillo.
- Newmont Corp. published its 2019 sustainability report. The report displays all the work planned and done by the company as it strives to better its environmental, social and governmental imprint in Mexico.
- Bylsa Drilling efforts on social responsibility on the communities neighboring the Las Chispas and Alamos Silver projects in Sonora were commended by governor Claudia Pavlovich.
- The Mining Fund provided the resources to build the Doctores Avenue in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. The 27.14 million pesos invested funded 670 m of paving and drainage construction.
- Grupo Mexico restated its compromise on the state of Chihuahua with the donation of a termo-cycler to the State Health Laboratory. Previously the company had donated five mechanical ventilators to the University Central Hospital, same that shortly is to receive 25 non-invasive ventilators more.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
HALIFAX, NS, June 11, 2020 /CNW/ – GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) (OTCQX: GLGDF) (“GoGold”, “the Company”) is pleased to announce that they have began drilling at their Los Ricos North project.
Vancouver, Canada – June 10, 2020 – Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) announces that in advance of signing the 65/35 joint venture agreement with Kootenay Silver on the Cervantes porphyry gold-copper project in Sonora, Mexico, it provides shareholders this review of top priority exploration targets for drilling. Aztec earned its 65% interest in the property last July and is the Operator of the JV.
June 9, 2020, Toronto, Ontario – Discovery Metals Corp. (TSXV: DSV; OTCQX: DSVMF) is pleased to announce that it has closed the second and final tranche of its non-brokered private placement (the “Private Placement”), consisting of 45,454,545 units (“Units”) at a price of C$0.55 per Unit for aggregate proceeds of C$25,000,000. Each Unit is comprised of one common share of Discovery (“Common Share”) and one half of one Common Share purchase warrant, with each full warrant (a “Warrant”) exercisable at C$0.77 for a period of two years after the date of issuance. The second tranche closed on June 8, 2020 and consisted of 14,363,600 Units for aggregate proceeds of C$7,899,980. Discovery first announced the Private Placement on May 18, 2020 and announced the closing of the first tranche of C$17,100,020 of the Private Placement on June 1, 2020.
Mithril Resources Limited [ASX: MTH] (“Mithril” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and Chief Geologist to drive the exploration of the high-grade Copalquin Gold Silver Project in Durango, Mexico.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the twenty three week of the year (June 1st to June 7th, 2020), at least 49 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with fifteen commenting on Mexican issues, twelve communicating resumptions, production and financial results, six announcing financial rounds, five discussing on social issues, five reporting on resources and developments, three disclosing deals and corporate issues, and three informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Undersecretary of Mining and the state Governors declared that the resumption of the mining activities in the first week of June has been successful. Francisco Quiroga, the Undersecretary of Mining, stated that the mining sector will sustain part of the national economic recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mexican government, in a very unfortunate statement, declared that it is analyzing the possibility to disappear the Undersecretariat of Mining. Fernando Alanís, president of the Mexican Mining Chamber (Camimex), stated that Mexico’s mining production would drop 17% this year due to coronavirus pandemic. The deputy of the PRI, Carlos Pavón Campos, will present a proposal requesting that the Mining Fund returns to be used in accordance to its original objective. Esperanza Silver de México (Alamos Gold Inc.) announced that it expects to create hundreds of direct + indirect jobs if they open its Esperanza mine in Morelos. According to Fernando Alanis, president of the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX), mining companies plan to invest USD $4B in 2020. Resuming of the mining activities in Oaxaca will activate 10,000 jobs. ON EXPLORATION, In Sinaloa, Vizsla recommenced drilling at its Panuco project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold provided an exploration update on its Tabasqueña project. In Jalisco, GoGold resumed drilling at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Several mining, such as GoGold, Great Panther, Avino, Argonaut, Impact Silver, Pan American Silver, Telson, Excellon, and Sierra Metals among others, announced the restart of their Mexican mining operations after receiving approval of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS). Mexus Gold reported its May 2020 production results from its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. US Antimony reported its Sb and zeolite production for the month of May 2020. Excellon presented Q1 2020 production and financial results (La Platosa, Durango). ON FINANCING, Advance Gold announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $300K (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). Discovery Metals closed the first tranche of a CAD $35M non brokered private placement, for aggregates proceeds of CAD $17.1M (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Magna Gold closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $7M (San Francisco mine, Sonora). Silver Viper closed its previously brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $5.12M (La Virginia project, Sonora). Alamos Gold declared quarterly dividends of USD $0.015 per common share (Mulatos mine, Sonora). Pan American Silver announced the closing of its overnight marketed secondary offering of common shares of Maverix Metals Inc., in which it raised gross proceeds of USD $45.54M (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, VanGold concluded its +1,000 tonnes bulk sample and metallurgical test of mineral material from its Pinguino project in Guanajuato. Premier announced an update on its delineation core drilling program at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. US Antimony reported that a thickener circuit is being constructed on site at its Puerto Blanco mill in Guanajuato. Endeavour released new high grade Au-Ag drill results from its Guanacevi mine in Durango. Golden Minerals President & CEO spoke about its Velardeña and Rodeo projects in Durango and its intention to bring them into production in 2021. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Canuc postponed the filing of its interim consolidated financial statement and management´s discussion and analysis for the period ended March 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic (San Javier project, Sonora). San Marco granted stock options to directors and officers (Chunibas project, Sonora). Newmont published its 2019 sustainability report (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Consorcio Minero Peña Colorada invested MXP $4M to refurbish health unit in Manzanillo, Colima. The Grupo Mexico Foundation delivered important donation to the Health Sector of Chihuahua and Sombrerete, Zacatecas. Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver) donated medical ventilator, pantries, medicines and cleaning kits in Oaxaca. Minera San Julián (Fresnillo plc) delivered a mechanical ventilator and personal protection equipment to medical personnel of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) of Parral, Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Undersecretary of Mining and the state governments, declared that the resumption of the mining activities in the first week of June has been successful. Almost 90% of the companies in the sector are already on work, thanks to the support of Francisco Quiroga, the Undersecretary of Mining of the Ministry of Economy, who established agreements with Governors of the states and with the companies, so that they could return to work safely and without risk of COVID-19 infections. The remaining 10% of mining companies are preparing sanitary protocols to resume activities in the coming days.
- Francisco Quiroga, the Undersecretary of Mining, stated that the mining sector will sustain part of the national economic recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic. Activities derived from the mining industry serve to maintain various communities and even in some areas is the main source of economy. The mining sector is carrying out its reactivation of activities in a progressive way and with respect to health protocols. The sector has always worked with rigorous safety protocols to carry out its activities,
- The Mexican government, in a very unfortunate statement, declared that it is analyzing the possibility to disappear the Undersecretariat of Mining. The measure would be in complete contradiction to the recent recognition of mining as an essential sector that generates 2.6 million jobs, has an impact in 10 states of the country and represents around 3% of GDP. The president AMLO has suggested the imminent disappearance, conversion, or inclusion in another agency, in order to reduce public spending. It occurs just when the Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga, reached agreements with Governors, and the mining companies and their representatives have worked hard in a coordinated way to implement the security protocols. Entrepreneurs in this area, both Mexican and foreign, consider that the disappearance of the Undersecretariat of Mining may be negative for a sector that represents around 8% of industrial GDP. The panorama is worrying, since it seems to show the little interest of the current administration to encourage the development of the mining sector. Mining companies and their representatives see this measure as a setback for the country´s development. AMLO stated that to date, none decision has been taken so far, and recognized that mining is a fundamental economic activity that generates many jobs in the case of Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango, and the rest of the mining states.
- Fernando Alanís, president of the Mexican Mining Chamber (Camimex), stated that Mexico’s mining production would drop 17% this year and the sector´s export could decrease by around 10% due to the cessation of operations to contain the spread of the coronavirus. He also said that although activities in the industry were beginning to resume and about half of the operating personnel had returned to work, exploration work remained suspended and anticipated that the pandemic would also have ended with some 71,000 indirect jobs in the local sector.
- The deputy of the PRI, Carlos Pavón Campos, will present a proposal in the Chamber of Deputies, requiring that the Mining Fund returns to carry out infrastructure works in the municipalities of the country where mining activity is performed, with the purpose of promoting the development of the communities, which was its original objective.
- Esperanza Silver de México (Alamos Gold Inc.), announced that it expects to create hundreds of direct + indirect jobs if they open its Esperanza mine in Morelos. Esperanza Silver, under the scheme of a “New Model of Social and Environmentally Responsible Mining” policy, wants to bring its project to the community of Tetlama to protect the environment and generate employment that is essential for the economic reactivation of the state due to the direct + indirect jobs that will be generated, the value chains and supplies that will be activated, and the generation of taxes that will favorably impact state and municipal public finances. The company has projected an estimated investment of USD $450M to bring into production its mining project.
- According to Fernando Alanis, president of the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX), mining companies plan to invest USD $4B in 2020, which represents 14% more than in 2019, despite the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Resuming of the mining activities in Oaxaca, will activate 10,000 jobs. The mining personnel will carry out all the health and training protocols to avoid COVID-19 infections, supervised by the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS).
- Vizsla Resources Corp., announced that it has re-commenced drilling at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. It had previously announced the return of its staff to the project on May 21, 2020 to execute its exploration program at its district-scale project.
- Advance Gold Corp., provided an update on its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas. The CEO of the company stated that they have hit what appears to be a very large sulphide system with their recent drilling program collared into a 3.2Km continuous IP chargeability anomaly. These holes encountered promising grades in the stacked lenses of disseminated sulphides. Next step will be to drill the core of the system on the hinge zone of the IP chargeability anomaly, where it increases in width, to confirm the identified mineralization.
- GoGold Resources Inc., resumed drilling at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. The Company is nearing completion of resource drilling at Los Ricos South for its upcoming 43-101 compliant resource calculation.
- Several mining companies, such as GoGold, Great Panther, Avino, Argonaut, Impact Silver, Pan American Silver, Telson, Excellon, and Sierra Metals, among others, announced the restart of their Mexican mining operations following a government order adding mining to the list of essential services, and after receiving approval from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS).
- Mexus Gold US, reported May 2020 production results from its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. It produced 102 Oz Au. The company announced that it plans to produce 150 Oz Au in June 2020. The heap leach pad at the Santa Elena mine currently holds 18,000 tons of mineralized material. Head grades are estimated at 3 to 4 g/t Au.
- US Antimony Corporation, announced that it produced 108.9K Lb Sb and 1,129 tonnes of zeolites during the month of May 2020.
- Excellon Resources Inc., presented Q1 2020 production and financial results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. It processed 19,042 tonnes of 542 g/t Ag, 5.4% Pb and 6.8% Zn to produce 296.3K Oz Ag, 1.89M Lb Pb, and 2.1M Lb Zn (or 523.7K Oz AgEq) with metallurgical recoveries of 89.3%, 82.8%, and 74.9% respectively. Total cash and AISC of USD $15.35 and USD $26.52 per Oz Ag payable was reported respectively. The company had revenues of USD $6.6M, gross loss of USD $0.1M, cash and cash equivalents of USD $8.4M.
- Advance Gold Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds for a maximum of $300K. Net proceeds will be used to advance its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas and for general corporate purposes.
- Discovery Metals Corp., closed the first tranche of a CAD $35M non brokered private placement, for aggregates proceeds of CAD $17.1M. Discovery intends to close a further CAD$7,9M in subscriptions in a second tranche of the private placement, for an aggregate total of CAD $25M. Net proceeds of the first tranche will be used to fund their Cordero and Coahuila projects in Chihuahua and Coahuila states respectively, and for general working capital purposes.
- Magna Gold Corp., closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $7M. Gross proceeds will be used for working capital purposes in connection with their existing projects (San Francisco mine and Mercedes and San Judas projects, Sonora).
- Silver Viper Minerals Inc., closed its previously announced brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $5.12M. A cash commission of CAD $218,770 was paid to the brokers, representing a 6% of the gross proceeds. Silver Viper will be used the net proceeds to fund the development of its Virginia project in Sonora, and for working capital and general corporate purposes.
- Alamos Gold Inc., declared quarterly dividends of USD $0.015 per common share. The company has paid dividends for 11 consecutive years during which time USD $173M has been returned to shareholders through dividends and share buybacks.
- Pan American Silver Corp., announced the closing of its overnight marketed secondary offering of common shares of Maverix Metals Inc., in which Pan American raised gross proceeds of USD $45.54M (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- VanGold Mining , concluded its +1,000 tonnes bulk sample and metallurgical test of mineral material from its Pinguino project in Guanajuato. This bulk sample was sent to Endeavour’s Bolañitos mill, located approximately 28km from El Pinguico project. The company will report the results obtained once the information is received. On the other hand, crews are clearing the bottom of the El Pinguino shaft since approximately 30 m of debris has accumulated at the bottom. Once it is done, VanGold plans to sample the bottom of the underground stockpile in order to determine if the grades of Au and Ag obtained on the top of the stockpile extends to the bottom of it; inspecting the #7 Sangria adit since it may provide a potential safe and inexpensive haulage way to bring the underground material to surface; and sample the Colmillo stope since it was a high grade portion of the Pinguico mine during the period prior to its closure in 1913.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced an update on its delineation core drilling program at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The 2020 delineation drilling campaign is focused on expanding and confirming higher-grade mineralization in several areas including Marianas and Diluvio West. Highlights at Diluvio West include hole UG-DI20-096 with 6.1 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag over 84.7m, and hole UG-DI20-095 with 6.38 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag over 73.5m. At Marianas, good drill intersections were encountered at hole UG-MR20-056 with 11.67 g/t Au and 56g/t Ag over 5.2m and hole UG-MR20-059 with 9.74 g/t Au and 16 g/t Ag over 11.3m. Diluvio consists of a stockwork system that is divided into Diluvio Central, hosted in felsic volcanoclastic, and Diluvio West hosted in an andesite while Marianas represents the down-plunge extension of the main Mercedes mine trend.
- US Antimony Corporation, reported that a thickener circuit is being constructed on site at its Puerto Blanco mill in Guanajuato to increase the production rate and control the pulp density of ore to be processed. “The company is anxious to continue on the cyanide leach of the gold and silver Los Juarez ore now that they will have a thickener.”
- Endeavour Silver Corp., released drill results of 18 holes collared in the Santa Cruz vein on the El Curso property at its Guanacevi mine in Durango, of which 12 holes reported new high grade Au-Ag values over minable widths. Drilling highlights include hole UCM-27 with 3.25 g/t Au and 1,085 g/t Ag (1,410 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 10m; hole UCM-26 with 1.87 g/t Au and 762 g/t Ag (949 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 5.1m; and hole UCM-25 with 1.43 g/t Au and 986 g/t Ag (1,129 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.8m. This drilling program confirmed the extension of the P4 orebody, and now the extension measures 200 m long by 300 m deep, still open at depth, and discovered a new mineralized zone to the west of the P4 extension of 250 m long by 150 m deep, still open along strike and at depth.
- Golden Minerals Company President & CEO, spoke about its Velardeña and Rodeo projects in Durango and its intention to bring them into production in 2021. The company is currently generating revenue through the lease of its oxide mill in Mexico to Hecla Mining Company, and intends to bring into production its Rodeo open pit Au project in 2021 after the lease concludes with Hecla at the end of 2020. Rodeo, according to the PEA “is capable to provide almost USD $25M in after-tax cash flow in two years of production. The goal of the company is to use the cash generated from Rodeo to finance a potential startup for its Ag-Au Velardeña project. Velardeña’s 2020 PEA shows an USD $86M NPV”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Canuc Resources Corporation, postponed the filing of its interim consolidated financial statement and management´s discussion and analysis for the period ended March 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic (San Javier project, Sonora).
- San Marco Resources Inc. granted stock options to directors and officers (Chunibas project, Sonora).
- Newmont Corporation, published its 2019 sustainability report, “Beyond the Mine”, a transparent and comprehensive disclosure of the Company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Consorcio Minero Peña Colorada S.A. de C.V., invested MXP $4M to reconvert a building attached to the Manzanillo General Hospital, providing it with medical equipment and furniture for 3 medical care modules and one more for the rest of medical personnel.
- The Grupo Mexico Foundation, delivered important donation to the Health Sector of Chihuahua, which consisted of five new mechanical ventilators, 15,000 medical equipment consisting of N-95 masks, disposable gowns, face masks, goggles, overalls, boot covers, respirators, aprons and gloves, as well as ultrasound equipment, portable X-rays and monitoring panels. The donation also included 25 non-invasive ventilators and 10,000 serological tests for COVID-19, which will allow detecting a greater number of people infected and have a broader overview of the behavior of the disease in the state. Additionally, Grupo México Foundation also joined the Chihuahua Food Program, by donating 650 pantries to support vulnerable groups in the municipalities of Aquiles Serdán and Santa Bárbara. In Sombrerete, Zacatecas, the Grupo Mexico Foundation also delivered more than 1,700 articles of medical supplies consisting of tyvek coveralls, N95 masks, face shields, disposable gowns and boot covers, and alcohol gel, and donated 700 pantries to the municipality of Sombrerete through the Municipal DIF to be distributed among the groups most at risk from this epidemic, as is the case of older adults in the Divine Providence Asylum that received 40 pantries with items from the basic food basket.
- Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., donated MXP $1.3M to the Business Contingent Exchange and the Medical Support Program promoted by the Oaxaca Ministry of Economy to buy an equipment for ventilation and respiratory monitoring in the Intensive care unit, and delivered more than 3,300 pantries, 3,400 family cleaning packages and 4,600 medicines to the population of San José del Progreso and communities close to the operation of the San José mining unit. It is estimated that these actions have benefited more than 7,000 Oaxacans.
- Minera San Julián (Fresnillo plc), delivered a mechanical ventilator equipment to the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) of Parral, Chihuahua and donated more than 2,000 pieces of personal protective equipment such as 50 tyvek suits, 200 N-95 face masks, 200 surgical fabric mouth masks, 600 mine-made mouth masks, 1,000 pairs of nitrile gloves and 50 safety glasses to employees of the health institution.
On the picture above, tight folds in an orogenic Au prospect in Michoacan, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.