Vancouver, BC – GR Silver Mining Ltd. (TSXV: GRSL, FRANKFURT: GPE, OTCQB: GRSLF) (“GR Silver Mining” or the “Company”) – is pleased to report high-grade drill results from the San JuanLa Colorada Area at its 100%-owned Plomosas Silver Project (“Plomosas Project”) in Sinaloa, Mexico
Vancouver, B.C. July 24, 2020 (TSX-V: EVM) Evrim Resources Corp. (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with a private Mexican company to sell two non-core exploration properties in northwestern Mexico in exchange for net smelter return royalties (“NSR”). Evrim will transfer a 100% interest in the La Lola and Cumaro properties in exchange for a respective 2% NSR and 1% NSR on any future production. Evrim has also obtained a future right of a 0.5% NSR on 7,053 hectares of prospective ground known as the Picacho claims, should the claims be acquired by the private Mexican company.
VANCOUVER, BC, July 16, 2020 /CNW/ – Silver Viper Minerals Corp. (the “Company” or “Silver Viper“) (TSX-V: VIPR) is pleased to provide results from four new drill holes at La Virginia, two from the El Rubi discovery area and two from the exploration prospect, Macho Libre. As systematic exploration continues along trend at El Rubi, the initial test of Macho Libre is now complete with results from six holes still awaited. The exploration drill is currently moving from Macho Libre to Rubi East prospect.
VANCOUVER, BC, July 16, 2020 /CNW/ – Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to report results from an additional 5 drill holes from the high-grade Columba Property (the “Property”) located in Chihuahua State, Mexico. These holes are step outs along strike and to depth from high-grade intercepts previously reported in the Phase-II drill campaign (the “Program”).
By Jorge Cirett
During the 28th week of the year (July 6th to July 12th, 2020), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, six of those were exploration updates and six more related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a 12,000 years old ochre mining operation (now submerged) was discovered in the Yucatan peninsula. Avino Silver is the new victim of an illegal blockade. Mining in Mexico has extensive benefits to isolated communities, workers and the government. The Mining Fund rules have been changed, granting more political freedom on its assignment. Mines in the country prepare for production recovery in the second half of 2020. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Tarachi Gold is mapping and sampling on its Tarachi concessions, announced the finding of a porphyry copper system. In Sinaloa, Brigadier Gold is now exploring the Picachos property; Vizsla Resources released high-grade results on its Panuco property. In Durango, Canasil is now drilling the Nora project. ON MINING, Argonaut Gold, Endeavour Silver, Great Panther, and Hecla released production results for the Q2, 2020. The figures presented reveal the extent of the Coronavirus emergency lockdown effects. ON FINANCING, Aura Resources is aiming to raise up to $1 M. Prospero Silver consolidated its shares on a 10 to 1 basis. Mithril Resources intends to raise A$3.5 M. Solaris Resources is to trade in the TSX Venture Exchange. Advance Gold raised $301 K. Vizsla Resources announced a private placement for C$25 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold commenced a 10,000 m drill program at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. GR Silver released more historic drilling results from Plomosas, Sinaloa. GoGold Resources released drilling results from eight more holes at Los Ricos Sur, Jalisco. Golden Minerals is drilling the Rodeo project in Durango. Magna Gold is producing gold from leaching heaps as it prepares to restart mining at the San Francisco mine in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Aura Resources is to change its name to Gold79 Mines. Brigadier Gold entered into a LOI with Minera Camargo to option 100% of the Picachos property in Sinaloa. First Mexican Gold changed its name to QcX Gold. Candente Gold informed the due diligence work on Magellan Acquisition assets in Nayarit has been conducted, results pending. Silver Tiger Metals is sampling historic workings on veins north of the El Tigre mine in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Gold Resources, Torex Gold, Fortuna Silver, Fresnillo PLC and Peñoles informed on support activities and investments related to the Coronavirus emergency, community work supplies and/or about the “Day of the Tree”.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Researchers discovered 12,000 years old submerged ochre mines in the Yucatan peninsula. Multiple artifacts and evidences of mining were found in this cave system that was above sea level up to 8,000 years ago.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines reports that members from the Mexican mining union have blocked the entrance to the Avino Mine in Durango. The group (that illegally blockades) includes the company’s unionized workers. As a result of the strike at the site, mining and mill processing operations have been halted.
- Mining in Mexico supports 696 communities in 21 States, and often is the only option to take basic services and jobs to regions far away. The mining sector provides 2.6 percent of the GDP and accounts for 8.2 percent of the industrial output. Salaries at US$779/month (17,521 pesos/month) are 39 percent higher than the national average of $513/month (11,549 pesos/month). There are 379 thousand direct jobs and 2.3 M indirect jobs generated by the industry. Mining paid US$1.91 billion ($43,095 million pesos) in mining concession fees in 2019, and US$7,755 billion ($174,500 million pesos) in taxes in the 2016-2019 period.
- The Mining Fund rules have been changed. The changes in the rules were published in the Diario Oficial de La Federación (Official Gazette), with the aim of speeding the process to deliver benefits to the communities, according to the document. The changes (which were opposed by the mining community because of the increased political control of the funds) include the elimination of necessary cost-benefit assessment of the projects deemed for social infrastructure, discarding also the obligation to establish coordination agreements in the request and delivery of said funds. The Mining Fund distributes part of the 7.0% of royalties and the 0.5% special tax on precious metal exploitation.
- Mines in all the country prepare for a production recovery in the second half of 2020, as all companies have scrambled to operate under health safeguards brought by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Advance Gold Corp. provided an update on exploration of its Tabasqueña property in Zacatecas. The exploration that started trying to define epithermal vein mineralization has modified its target to a volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS). A large chargeability anomaly more than 3 km long was defined in a geophysical survey, and subsequent drilling has intersected disseminated sulfides. Drilling of the disseminated sulfides has returned up to 39 ppb Au, 7 ppm Ag, 351 ppm Cu, 54 ppm Pb, 295 ppm Zn.
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. entered into a binding letter of intent with Minera Camargo S.A. de C.V. for an option to acquire 100% interest in the Picachos property in Sinaloa. The area has more than 160 known historic underground workings, a recently identified porphyry copper prospect and drill permits in place. “The largest vein system trends northeasterly for seven kilometers along a major fault zone, and host the past-producing San Agustin underground mine”. Regional stream sediment results from a government survey shows several highly anomalous basins with up to 2.6 ppm Au, 299 ppm Cu, 13.9 ppm Mo, 639 ppm Pb and 1,716 ppm Zn.
- Vizsla Resources Inc. released additional drilling results from the Napoleon vein corridor at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted core length drill intercepts comprise 6.0 m @ 66.8 gpt Au, 1,808 gpt Ag (including 3.7 m @ 107.8 gpt Au, 2,889 gpt Ag); 1.78 m @ 2.49 gpt Au, 59 gpt Ag; 3.5 m @ 1.11 gpt Au, 57 gpt Ag; 10.65 m @ 1.34 gpt Au, 134 gpt Ag. The corridor “ hosts two main quartz veins that are separated by some 10 to 20 metres and appears to dip very steeply to sub-vertical. So far it has been mapped along strike for over 2,000 m. Between the two main veins are a series of smaller splay veins with variable orientations, that are related to dilation along the structure under strike slip movement …. Vizsla has an option to acquire 100% of the newly-consolidated 9,386.5 Ha Panuco district in southern Sinaloa, Mexico, near the city of Mazatlán. The option allows for the acquisition of over 75 km of total vein extent, a 500 tpd mill, 35 km of underground mines, tailings facilities, roads, power and permits”.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. updated on field work activities on the concessions known as the Tarachi project, in Sonora. Detailed mapping and sampling on the La Dura and Virginia areas of the southern Jabali concession is near completion. Preliminary field work on the northern concessions of San Javier, Pretoria and Chivitas was also conducted, finding porphyry copper mineralization that is currently being defined. Environmental applications for drilling are ready for submission.
- Canasil Resources Inc. started the drill program to test the Candy vein at its Nora project in Durango. Mineralization at Nora is hosted within structurally-controlled epithermal veins, of which the Candy vein is to be tested in a 500 m stretch.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced second quarter production of 31,531 Oz AuEq from its Mexican operations. For the full-year 2020 the company expects to produce 45 K – 50 K Oz AuEq at El Castillo, 62 K – 68 K Oz AuEq at San Agustín (both in Durango) and 53 K – 55 K Oz AuEq at La Colorada (Sonora), for a total production of 160 K – 173 K Oz AuEq in Mexico.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. presented Q2 2010 production figures, which were down 42% because of the Coronavirus pandemic lockdown. On the bright side, significant true width high-grade intercepts were made near current mine workings, like 1.5 m @ 24.3 gpt Au, 3,217 gpt Ag in Bolañitos, Guanajuato, and 10.0 m @3.25 gpt Au, 1,410 gpt Ag at Guanaceví, Durango.
- Great Panther Mining Ltd. released second quarter 2020 production results, with figures from its Mexican operations. At Topia, Durango, 7,781 tonnes were processed @ 352 gpt Ag, 0.87 gpt Au, recovering 92.5% Ag, 54.0% Au to produce 81.4 K Oz Ag, 118 Oz Au, 163 tonnes Pb, 223 tonnes Zn. At the Guanajuato mine complex, Guanajuato, 16,755 tonnes were processed @ 133 gpt Ag, 1.80 gpt Au, recovering 85.4% Ag, 84.7% Au, to produce 61 K Oz Ag, 819 Oz Au.
- Hecla Mining Co. released preliminary production results for the second quarter 2020. At San Sebastian, in Durango, 2 M Oz Ag, 1,331 Oz Au were produced. Mining of oxide material is expected to be completed in the third quarter and milling in the fourth quarter of 2020. The viability of mining the sulfide Hugh Zone continues to be assessed. The mill operated at an average of 528 tpd.
- Aura Resources Inc. initiated a non-brokered private placement aiming to raise between $500 K and $1 M (Taviche, Oaxaca).
- Prospero Silver Corp. announced that the previously disclosed proposed consolidation of its shares, on a 10 to 1 basis, should have taken effect on July 7, 2020 (Pachuca East, Hidalgo).
- Mithril Resources Ltd. received firm commitments to raise A$3.5 M through a share placement. Funds are to be used for the maiden drill program at its Coplaquin property in Durango.
- Solaris Resources Inc. announced its common shares have been approved to list on the TSX Venture Exchange, and expects the trading is to be effective on July 13, 2020 (La Verde, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp. closed the previously announced private placement, for gross proceeds of $301 K (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
- Vizsla Resources Corp. announced a bought deal private placement with Canaccord Genuity Corp. on behalf of an underwriting syndicate to raise C$25 M (Panuco, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp. announced the commencement of a 10,000 m drill program to test all targets at Las Minas, Veracruz. A focus of the drilling is to expand and upgrade the current resource at El Dorado, follow up a previous 5.2 m pyrite rich quartz vein intersection @ 8.94 gpt Au at Cinco Señores, two high-grade vein trends at the Changarro zone, and the Las Minillas skarn occurrence. Other activities in preparation of the preliminary economic assessment (PEA) include the environmental baseline study, an enhanced metallurgy study and a Lidar digital terrain model.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. released historic drilling results from the San Juan area at its Plomosas property in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (tw) intervals comprise 1.5 m @ 2.1 Gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.8% Pb, 4.1% Zn; 21.8 m @ 1.0 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 1.5% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 2.4 m @ 15.1 gpt Au, 45 gpt Ag, 3.1% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 10.4 m @ 0.7 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 1.6% Pb, 2.3% Zn; 25 m @ 0.3 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag, 0.6% Pb, 0.8% Zn. These results extend mineralization 600 m on the San Juan system, to a total of 1 km in longitude.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released the assay results from eight diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project in Jalisco. The San Juan, Rascadero, and East vein zones were tested, with highlighted results comprising 8.8 m @ 0.23 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag at San Juan; 41.0 m @ 1.36 gpt Au, 168 gpt Ag (including 4.0 m @ 11.85 gpt Au, 1,295 gpt Ag); 18.4 m @ 5.18 gpt Au, 500 gpt Ag (including 3.2 m @ 26.2 gpt Au, 2,372 gpt Ag); 12.6 m @ 0.70 gpt Au, 111 gpt Ag at Rascadero; 3.0 m @ 0.33 gpt Au, 40 gpt Ag; 6.1 m @ 0.26 gpt Au, 36 gpt Ag at the East vein.
- Golden Minerals Co. has commenced drilling at its Rodeo property in Durango. “The upcoming drill program will expand on the historic drilling campaigns that successfully tested multiple gold-quartz veins and breccias of the Rodeo low sulfidation vein system with encouraging results”. Highlighted historic drills results include 28.44 m @ 3.04 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag; 25.4 m @ 3.79 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag; 22.35 m @ 3.28 gpt Au, 17 gpt Ag; 28.45 m @ 4.87 m @ 10 gpt Ag31.2 m @ 5.99 gpt Au, 12 gpt Ag; 19.15 m @ 2.58 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag; 19.2 m @ 1.93 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag.
- Magna Gold Corp. provided an operational update on its San Francisco mine in Sonora. “During the first two months of operations, the San Francisco Mine reported sales of US$8.53 million and operating costs of US$3.77 million with an operating margin of US$4.76 million. The Company produced 5,087 ounces of gold and sold 4,977 ounces of gold at an average cost of US$741 per ounce of gold produced and an average cost of $758 per ounce of gold sold. Gold production in May was 2,349 ounces and in June reached 2,738 ounces”. The company intends to complete the pre-feasibility study (PFS) by the end of July, when the processing of new fresh mineralized material is to start. Cash at the end of June at the San Francisco mine was US$8.4 M.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Aura Resources Inc. expects to change its name to Gold79 Mines Ltd. following the closing of the Territory Metals acquisition (Taviche, Oaxaca).
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. entered into a binding letter of intent with Minera Camargo S.A. de C.V. for an option to acquire 100% interest in the Picachos property in Sinaloa. To acquire the 3,954 ha property Brigadier has to pay Minera Camargo US$275 K over five years and issue a total of 4 M shares over the same period, and 1 M shares when defining a 350 K Oz Au resource and US$725 K and 1 M shares when a feasibility report is completed, US$2 M upon commercial production commencement and a 2% NSR.
- First Mexican Gold Corp. announced the change name to QcX Gold Corp. has been made effective on July 6, 2020 (Hilda, Sonora).
- Candente Gold Corp. informed its due diligence team conducted the visits to the San Dieguito de Arriba processing plant and the historic El Dorado mine in Nayarit. The due diligence visit is part of the Memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Candente and Magellan Acquisition Corp. “The results of these tests along with recommendations for rehabilitation work and projections of ongoing operating expenses will provide the basis for a cost estimate to return the plant to operational status with feed material from the El Dorado Property.” (El Oro, Estado de México).
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc. commenced underground channel sampling on the high-grade silver veins north of the historic El Tigre mine, in Sonora. “The areas of focus includes the Caleigh vein, the Canon Combination vein (unmined portion of the El Tigre vein), the Protectora vein and the Fundadora vein, all of which are located in the three kilometers of exposed veins at surface north of the historic El Tigre Mine”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Don David Gold Mines (Gold Resources) informed on the actions taken to work under the Coronavirus pandemic emergency at its operations in Oaxaca. The company supports the Mining Fund with US$8.34 M ($187.7 M pesos) and US$533 K ($12 M pesos) for community deals and infrastructure.
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) in coordination with local and State authorities released 300 K tilapia alevins (juvenile fish), with a shared company-authorities investment of $44.4 K ($1 M pesos). Also, $39.2 K ($881,764 pesos) were delivered to help the fishermen to modernize their engines and boats.
- Minera Cuzcatan (Fortuna Silver) announced its plan to plant 13,500 seedlings of native species of the central valleys of Oaxaca in 15 ha of ground. The company has planted already 25,000 seedlings over the last three years on 25 ha.
- Fresnillo PLC made a recount of the activities that the company has done regarding reforestation as years go by. The Bosque Sustentable Porvenir in Durango was established in 977 ha in association with the Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Agrícolas y Pecuarias. In Juanicipio, Zacatecas, 21,596 plants were relocated, and 14.3 ha were re-forested with 6,787 greenhouse seedlings. At La Herradura, in Sonora, 4,975 plants have been relocated in eight ha, and reforested 2 hectares more. Overall, 1.4 M seedlings have been produced since 2003 by the company.
- Industrias Peñoles created in Torreon, Coahuila, the 18 ha Bosque del Centenario in 2001, which is now a green space in the city. The company’s greenhouse produces and donates to the community and its members 80,000 seedlings per year.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Vapor whiffs on a cool morning in a hot spring field in Queretaro. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Halifax, NS – GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) (OTCQX: GLGDF) (“GoGold”, “the Company”) is pleased to release the assay results from 8 diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South Project, including 4 at Rascadero, 1 at San Juan, and 3 at the East Vein.
Mexican Gold Mining Corp. (the “Company” or “Mexican Gold”) (TSXV: MEX) is pleased to announce that a 10,000 meter drill program is underway at Las Minas, designed to follow up on the discovery made in 2019 at the Cinco Senores Vein target, as well as to test 3 other high priority exploration targets at the project. Additionally, expansion and upgrade drilling is planned to optimize the current resource at El Dorado for inclusion in the upcoming Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”).
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, June 30, 2020 –Prime Mining Corp. (TSX.V:PRYM) (OTCQB: PRMNF) (Frankfurt:A2PRDW) (“Prime” or the “Company”) announced today that results from the Company’s ongoing surface exploration program continue to show significant mineralization at surface on the Los Reyes project, this time from the Tahonitas deposit, one of eight currently known adjacent gold-silver deposits. The Los Reyes mineralized zones are characterized by a low sulphide epithermal system containing silica stockwork veins that are generally formed in felsic subaerial complexes in extensional strike slip structural settings. Low sulphidation gold deposits are associated with magmas where ore deposition occurs several kilometres above the intrusion, and display certain alteration assemblages.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 26th week of the year (June 22nd to June 28th, 2020), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, 6 of those were exploration updates and 6 more related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mining and Automotive industries are to operate even if there is a resurgence of Coronavirus cases. The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved US$11.6 M for 98 projects in 11 States. Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes. AMLO rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium industry…. but declares the conditions on which those conditions are granted have to be reviewed (Keep in mind what’s been happening in the electricity industry). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone completed a maiden drill program on its Rebeico project; Tarachi Gold acquired the Tarachi property in Sonora; Aztec Minerals identified multiple chargeability anomalies at its Cervantes project; Tocvan Ventures released strong results of its soil program on the Pilar project. Vizsla Resources released high grade drilling results from its Panuco project. GoGold Resources released results from three more drill holes at its Los Ricos South project. ON MINING, VanGold Mining plans to clearing the shaft at the Pinguico property to provide access for sampling and eventually infill extraction. ON FINANCING, Southern Silver is eyeing a private placement to raise up to C$7 M. Aura Minerals authorized a dividend’s policy. First Mexican Gold granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants. Orex Minerals raised $989 K on the closing of the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement. Apollo Gold aims to raise up to $5 M. McEwen Mining refinanced its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GR Silver Mining released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. Magna Gold filed a technical report on its San Francisco mine, in Sonora. SilverCrest Metals updated on the development of the Las Chispas project under the Coronavirus emergency. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold announced that COFECE, the last bureaucratic hurdle, has cleared the transaction on its merger. Riverside Resources disclosed additional funding from BHP on its generative copper exploration program in Sonora. Southern Silver Exploration signed an agreement to acquire Electrum Global Holdings’s 60% share on the Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Candente Gold mobilized a team for the due diligence on the El Dorado project and the SDA mill in Nayarit. Hochschild optioned the Los Cuarenta property in Sonora from Riverside Resources. Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a LOI to option the “Jalisco Group of properties” from First Majestic. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Peñasquito donated medical supplies to the IMSS Hospital Número 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas. Esperanza Silver repaired the water supply system in San Agustín Tetlama, Morelos.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining and the Automotive industries to operate, even if there is a resurgence (hypothetical) of Coronavirus cases. Graciela Márquez, Economy Secretary, explained these industries are essential, and are to continue activities under any color of the health lights system.
- The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved the funding of 98 projects for US$11.6 M ($260.9 M pesos) for pavement laying, sidewalk construction and water supply nets. The funds are to be distributed as follows: Sonora US$6.12 M, Zacatecas US$2.47 M, Durango US$1.08 M, Coahuila US$0.93 M, Chihuahua US$0.71 M, San Luis Potosí US$0.21 M, Aguascalientes US$90 K, Jalisco US$54 K, Michoacán US$45 K, Oaxaca US$32 K and Hidalgo US$14 K.
- Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes to the Mexican government, according to University academics on the matter.
- The president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium exploitation in the country. His comment comes regarding the ideas expressed by Victor Manuel Toledo, Environment Secretary and staunch opponent of mining. According to the president, there is already a legal framework for contracts and concessions by the government for the exploitation of mineral resources. However, he also stressed that the conditions on which those concessions are granted have to be reviewed.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. completed the maiden drill program at its Rebeico project in Sonora. Under the program 1,674 m were drilled in ten holes. Most of the holes tested the geometry of gold-copper mineralization on the New Year Zone. Core samples are being submitted to the lab.
- Vizsla Resources Corp. released drilling results from two holes on the Napoleon vein corridor at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted core-length intercepts comprise: 8.2 m @ 739 gpt Ag, 11.06 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 1,527 gpt Ag, 24.9 gpt Au on one hole; 2.5 m @ 454 gpt Ag, 9.20 gpt Au; 5.1 m @ 309 gpt Ag, 8.00 gpt Au, 2.22% Pb, 4.75 % Zn; 1.8 m @ 186 gpt Ag, 15.63 gpt Au, 1.12% Pb, 7.73% Zn in the second hole. True widths are estimated at between 46-66% of down hole lengths.
- GoGold Resources Inc. informed on the results from three diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project. The holes drilled at the San Juan, Rascadero and East veins returned core length intervals of 27 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag (including 4.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag); 39.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 117 gpt Ag (including 11.0 m @ 1.40 gpt Au, 319 gpt Ag); 3.2 m @ 0.15 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. commenced fieldwork at its Tarachi project in Sonora. Tarachi’s geological crews have begun a two-week field program of geological mapping and rock sampling of known mineral occurrences to verify historical work programs. Historical work includes drill intercepts of 5.0 m @ 34.5 gtp Au, 3.0 m @ 24.3 gpt Au; 1.32 m @ 110 gpt Au. The 2,560 ha project includes the San Javier, Pretoria, Chivitas, Jabali, Juliana, Texana and Tarachi concessions.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. identified multiple chargeability anomalies on a 3-dimensional IP-Resisitivity survey completed last year at its Cervantes property in Sonora. Each of the 6 porphyry prospects along the corridor exhibit strong porphyry alteration and Au (Cu) mineralization, while none of the Jacobo, Purisima West, Purisima East and Estrella targets have ever been drill-tested .
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. released results from the soil sampling survey undertaken at its Pilar property in Sonora. The results include values of up to 8 gpt Au and 317 gpt Ag, and collectively have highlighted the East Zone as a new focus area..
- VanGold Mining Corp. plans to begin clearing the El Pinguico shaft at its El Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The mucking of the shaft will allow the company to sample the lower part of the old workings infill, which on surface averaged 1.75 gpt Au, 183 gpt Ag. It will also allow the inspection of underground drifts for extracting the mineralized material, and check on past producing high-grade stopes.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. plans a fully marketed private placement aiming to gross proceeds for a minimum of C$7 M. The company entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Aura Minerals Inc. announced its board of directors approved a dividend policy (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
- First Mexican Gold Corp. granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants (Hilda, Sonora).
- Orex Minerals Inc. closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $989 K (Sandra-previously Sandra Escobar-, Durango).
- Apollo Gold Corp. is conducting a non-brokered placement aiming to raise up to $5 M in gross proceeds (Eztzatlan, Jalisco).
- Mc Ewen Mining Inc. announced the refinancing of its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. “As part of the refinancing, Sprott Private Resource Lending II (Collector), LP has replaced Royal Capital Management Corp. as a lender and the administrative agent for the Term Loan; and Evanachan Limited, a corporation wholly-owned by Rob McEwen, remains a lender….. the maturity date of the Term Loan has been extended by two years to August 31, 2023” (El Gallo, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. Released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. These high-grade silver intercepts are outside the previously mined Pb-Zn-Ag-Au ore of the Plomosas mine area. Some of the highlighted true width (tw) intercepts comprise: 14.6 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 1.0 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.2% Zn; 5.4 m @ 326 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.2% Zn (including 1.9 m @ 900 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 1.9% Pb, 3.2% Zn); 2.1 m @ 349 gpt Ag, 0.4 gpt Au, 2.3% Pb, 1.3% Zn); 2.7 m @ 1,469 gpt Ag, 0.5 gpt Au, 2.2% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 17.4 m @ 4 gpt Ag, 3.6 gpt Au; 2.2 m @ 398 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 32.8 m @ 32 gpt Ag, 0.9 gpt Au; 9.8 m @ 28 gpt Ag, 0.7 gpt Au, 4.2% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 13 m @ 13 gpt Ag, 2.8 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 11.7 m @ 8 gpt Ag, 1.7 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn.
- Magna Gold Corp. filed an independent technical report for the San Francisco Gold project in Sonora.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. continues activities at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. A fully confined camp for 160 persons has been built at the site. All personnel is tested for COVID-19, and transported to the project once the negative results are received. Currently eight rigs are operating on the H2 program focusing on the high-grade resource expansion at the veins Babicanora (SE, NE, deep), Babi Sur (SE to depth), Babi Vista (all directions), Babicanora Norte (SE, NW, deep), Las Chispas (SE to depth), Giovanni (SE to depth), William Tell (all directions), and Varela (all directions). “Underground development has resumed, with a target of 500 metres per month by Q3, 2020, under confined camp conditions. The first ventilation raise in the Babicanora area has been completed. “. The feasibility study is progressing.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Argonaut Gold Inc. and Alio Gold Inc. announced the receipt of the clearance decision from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) with respect to the pending merger between Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold. This approval “was the final government agency approval required before completing the merger, which is anticipated to occur between June 29, 2020 and July 3, 2020” (El Castillo, Durango; Ana Paula, Guerrero).
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced the continuation of the exploration agreement with BHP Exploration Chile SpA for the funding of generative copper exploration in the copper producing belt of Sonora. “BHP will be providing Riverside with US$720,000 to commence the first half of the second year of the Program to continue to grow the portfolio of copper projects which is an increase of US$220,000 from the initial plan ”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M to gain 100% interest in the Cerro Las Minitas project, in Durango. Payments include US$5M in cash and US$2 M in shares by September 2020 (less credit for deposit of C$1.35 M paid in June 2020), US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares six months from closing and US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares one year from closing Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Candente Gold Corp. mobilized a team for the due diligence process on its acquisition process from Magellan Acquisition Corp. of the San Dieguito de Arriba processing plant and the El Dorado project in Nayarit. The Eldorado epithermal vein trend has been traced for 3.5 km along strike, hosting multiple mineralized zones, including distinct high-grade veins and lower grade bulk tonnage stockwork zones extending over tens of meters in width in both the hanging wall and footwall of the vein system.
- Riverside Resources Inc. entered into a definitive option agreement with Minera Hochschild de Mexico S.A. de C.V. for Riverside’s Los Cuarentas project in Sonora. Hochschild is to pay Riverside US$90 K on the signing of the agreement and invest US$8 M over four years in the property to earn 51%, upon which it can elect to earn an additional 24% by spending a further $3 M and producing a feasibility study. Upon completing the second phase earn-in, Riverside will have the option to sell its interest for US$20 M, while retaining a 1% NSR.
- Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with First Majestic Silver Corp. for a three-year earn-in option to acquire First Majestic’s “Jalisco Group of Properties”. Under the terms of the agreement Apollo will pay $250 K and issue 4.29 M shares and 1.5 M warrants on closing of the definitive agreement. A further $200 K and 1 M shares a year from closing and $300 K and 1 M shares two years from the closing date. Apollo commits to spend at least $1.25 M on the properties within 36 months of closing. The properties comprise 5,240 ha of mining concessions which include the Etzatlan, Ampora, La Calabaza, Piedra and Bola mines.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñasquito donated medical supplies in the fight against Coronavirus to the IMSS Rural Hospital number 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas.
- Esperanza Silver de Mexico repaired the water supply equipment supplying the 2,500 inhabitants of San Agustín de Tetlama community in Morelos.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Epithermal quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, BC, June 22, 2020 /CNW/ – GR Silver Mining Ltd. (TSXV: GRSL), (FRANKFURT:GPE), (OTCQB: GRSLF) (“GR Silver Mining” or the “Company”) –
is pleased to announce drill results at its 100%-owned Plomosas Silver Project (“Plomosas Project”) in Sinaloa, Mexico. These results are located in the Plomosas Mine Area, one of six priority areas with a combination of recent (2016 to 2018) and historical drill data being released by the Company.