TORONTO, Ontario, October 17, 2017 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) is pleased to announce the initiation of its in-fill drilling program at its Media Luna development project in Southwest Mexico. The purpose of this program is to upgrade, to the Indicated confidence level, 25% of the current inferred Media Luna resource of 7.4 million Au Eq. ounces (51.5Mt @ 4.48g/t Au Eq.). The program plan contains 175 holes, averaging 600 meters in depth, for a total of 105,000 meters of drilling. The budgeted cost for the program is US$15M, and the 175 holes are scheduled for completion by the end of 2018. Subsequent to the completion of the program, a Measured and Indicated resource estimate will be prepared, and this will form the basis for a Media Luna feasibility study, which is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2019.
Fred Stanford, President & CEO of Torex stated: “The start of this in-fill drilling program is a big step in advancing the development of the Media Luna deposit. That development process will be aided by the increased geological understanding and confidence that comes from the drilling program. It will also be potentially enhanced by the optimization of the Media Luna production and service processes, that have been developed by internal teams, while we waited for the financial flexibility to proceed with in-fill drilling. An updated preliminary economic assessment (“PEA”), scheduled for late in Q1, 2018, is expected to illustrate the commercial advantages of the proposed optimized processes. Internal and external study teams are also focusing on design elements that are expected to expedite the permitting process. Pending success of future technical studies, the potential timeline contemplates beginning construction of the Media Luna mine in early 2020, is expected to be financed from internal cash flow, and gold production is expected to begin in early 2022.”
TORONTO, Ontario, October 10, 2017 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) is pleased to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary, Minera Media Luna S.A. de C.V., (“MML”) has signed a long term, common land, lease agreement with the Puente Sur Balsas Ejido for the use of the land required for the exploration, construction, and mining of minerals at its Media Luna Gold Project in Southwest Mexico. The agreement can be revoked at the company’s discretion, with one year’s notice. The agreement satisfies the land access requirement that is a pre-condition to entering the regulatory process to obtain permits for the potential development and operation of a future Media Luna mine.
Fred Stanford, President & CEO of Torex stated: “The signing of this 25-year land lease agreement achieves another important milestone along the path to the development of the Media Luna project. I commend the Ejido members and our community relations team for conducting productive negotiations that quickly delivered a mutually beneficial outcome. Now we can all look forward to the next stages of project development, and the tremendous potential this project offers to create value.”
Levon Resources Ltd. (“Levon” or “the Company”) (TSX Symbol: LVN; OTCQX: LVNVF) Levon is pleased to announce results of the 2017 core drill program (news release of May 15, 2017) at the Cordero Ag, Zn, Pb, Au discovery, 35 km north of Hidalgo Del Parral, Chihuahua, Mexico. Complete hole assays have been returned. The drill results are conformable with the grid drilling results of the 2014 Cordero resource (the “Resource”) (news release of May 15, 2017) and extend a Au (gold) enriched sulphide zone in a northern part of the Resource (Figures 1 and 2).
The Company completed a total of 5,655 m of core in 18 infill core holes within the central part of the Resource (Figure 1), aimed at better definition and exploration for improved grades. We have learned that a gold enriched sulphide zone forms a key part of the Resource and extends from the Pozo de Plata Diatreme into the Cordero Felsic Dome toward the higher grade Aida feeder zone identified in past drilling (news release of April 30, 2014).
The 2017 drill holes also tested the youngest rhyolite intrusives within the composite Dome complex to the south, which also returned significant by-product gold results.
The ongoing Resource starter pit studies by independent Mining Consultants (IMC) of Tucson in collaboration with M3 indicate by-product gold within the starter pits has a significant impact on pit shapes, modeled production scheduling and projected starter pit economics.
Golden, Colorado ‐ (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) ‐ September 7, 2017 – Golden Minerals Company (NYSE American and TSX: AUMN) (“Golden Minerals”, “Golden” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the start of a new drill program at its Santa Maria silver and gold project located near Santa Barbara in Chihuahua State, Mexico.
The drill program targets extensions of the vein deposit described in the previous Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) and resource update reported March 30, 2017.
Drilling commenced August 25, 2017. Two holes have been completed to date, SM17‐01 and SM17‐15, both with visible mineralized intercepts. These two holes bracket the western and eastern limits of the strike extent of the vein currently being tested. Assay results are pending and initial results are expected to be available early in the fourth quarter 2017.
During the 35th week of the year (August 28th to September 3rd, 2017), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including three quarterly financial reports. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Alix released drilling results from its Electra property in Sonora. ON MINING, Maverix Metals and Santacruz Silver and Southern Silver reported second quarter 2017 financial results. Telson Resources initiated underground mining at Campo Morado in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, VVC Exploration, Colibri and Southern Silver announced the opening or closure of financing rounds for CA$1 M, $1.2 M and $468 K respectively. Marlin Gold withdrew $7 M from its loan facility with Wexford during July and August. Goldgroup Mining amended a credit line with Credipresto. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, VVC Resources initiated a drilling program in Samalayuca, Chihuahua. Sierra Metals released high-grade results from drilling at Cusi, in Chihuahua. Kootenay Silver released drilling results from La Cigarra, also in Chihuahua. Silver Bull is starting an underground drilling campaign at Sierra Mojada, Coahuila. Endeavour Silver released drilling results from Guanacevi, Durango. Mx Gold intends to begin processing of the Magistral del Oro tailings in Durango by the fourth quarter 2017. Geologix is working on the goal of expanding the resource at Tepal, Michoacan. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, VVC Exploration signed a LOI on the La Tuna property in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Alix Resources Corp. completed, in partnership with Lithium Australia, 1,762 m of RC drilling on 16 holes on its Electra project in the Agua Fria property in Sonora. The program resulted in the discovery of the West Flank zone, which is 25-50 m thick and extends for nearly 2.5 km. Results include 82 m @ 938 ppm Li; 75.0 m @ 966 ppm Li; 30.0 m @ 917 ppm Li; 33.0 m @ 991 ppm Li; 57.0 m @ 719 ppm Li; 45.0 m @ 816 ppm Li; 90.0 m @ 904 ppm Li.
- Telson Resources Inc. has commenced underground mining operations at Campo Morado in Guerrero. Plans are to accumulate up to 80,000 tons to support the initial start-up of the flotation mill. “The initial processing is planned to commence at approximately 1000 tons per day and will slowly be ramped up to the mill’s ultimate capacity of 2,500 tonnes per day.”
- Maverix Metals Inc. announced financial results for the second quarter 2017. The royalty and streaming company, which has a NSR from gold production from Pan American Silver’s La Colorada mine in Zacatecas, had a revenue of CA$4 M, with average cash cost per attributable AuEq ounce of CA$187. The company has a current cash balance of CA$32 M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported financial and operating results for the second quarter of 2017. The company owns the Veta Grande and Rosario projects in Zacatecas and San Luis Potosi, respectively; producing 270.7 K AgEq Oz at cash cost $21.24 per AgEq Oz and all-in sustaining cost (AISC) of $24.62 per AgEq Oz during the period. Santacruz disposed of its interests in the Gavilanes, San Felipe and El Gachi projects for proceeds of $19.14 M, settling debt to JMET and LLC for $7.36 M and making payments to the underlying vendors of the properties for $3.48 M. The company also entered into the Membrillo property agreement to augment mineralized feed to the Rosario mill.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. announced its financial results for the second quarter 2017. During the period the company produced 8,785 Oz Au at its La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa, selling 9,825 Oz Au. Currently the company has cash and finished gold account for $2.6 M, $1.7 M of finished gold and $14.2 M of gold-in-process. “Investments in shares of Golden Reign Resources Ltd. stood at $8.7 million at quarter end”.
- VVC Exploration Corp. has opened a non-brokered private placement for up to CA$1 M (Samalayuca, Chihuahua).
- Colibri Resource Corp. announced a non-brokered private placement intending to raise up $1.2 M (Pitaya and Pilar, Sonora).
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. informed on its second quarter report that during July and August the company received US$2 M and US$5 M respectively from the Wexford loan facility, increasing the Wexford loan to US$37 M (La Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Goldgroup Mining Inc. announced the amendment of its outstanding loan facility from Credipresto SAPI de CV SOFOM ENR. Javier Reyes, a director of Goldgroup, is an executive officer and director at Credipresto. The aggregate outstanding balance (15% interest per annum) is now US$627 K, with the available credit set at US$1.5 M, of which US$1 M is intended to be drawn shortly. Three and a half million warrants (on Goldgroup shares) were issued to Credipresto (Cerro Prieto, Sonora).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. closed the second tranche of its previously announced private placement, with gross proceeds of $468 K. The private placement was comprised of a brokered and non-brokered component. Gravitas Securities received a cash fee of $42.2 K and 105.6 K options. The proceeds are to be used on the continuing exploration of the Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- VVC Exploration Corp. started a diamond drilling program on its Samalayuca copper project in Chihuahua. The 3,000 m program is focusing on the area of the La Gloria open pit, mined by Gambusinos in the 1960’s. A recently completed magnetic survey is backing the location site for 15 inclined holes that are to be 100 to 300 m in length.
- Sierra Metals Inc. presented results from the expanded 14,000 m drilling program on 22 holes completed at the Santa Rosa de Lima zone within its Cusi property in Chihuahua. Intercepts include >3.8 m @ 287 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn; >4.5 m @ 401 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn; >4.0 m @ 205 g/t Ag, 2.4% Pb, 3.1% Zn; >13.8 m @ 465 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, 0.3% Zn; >4.7 m @ 172 g/tAg, 5.3% Pb, 5.1% Zn. The average grade and true width of infill intercepts is 343 g/t AgEq over 3.63 m, with the step-out holes extending the known mineralization zone to 1.7 km along the 12 km long Santa Rosa de Lima structure.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. disclosed results from the last drill hole to extend the recently discovered Las Venadas zone within its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua. The hole is 140 m northeast from the last hole, intercepting 7.0 m @ 169 g/t Ag; 12.0 m @ 121 g/t Ag; 24.2 m @ 93 g/t Ag. “The strength and intensity of brecciation, veining and alteration observed in hole CC-17-28 is consistent with discovery hole CC-17-26, which bottomed in veining. Textures are indicative of a variant of an epithermal hydrothermal breccia complex”.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. started a 2,000 m underground diamond drill program targeting the recently identified zone of high grade sulfide mineralization at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The program is to be carried out by the company owned Termite drill rig, capable of drilling up to 100 m of HQ size diamond core.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. released drilling results extending high-grade mineralization along strike on the Santa Cruz vein and on a newly discovered splay named the La Negra vein, on its Guanaceví mine in Durango. Highlighted true width intercepts: 2.0 m @ 0.4 g/t Au, 259 g/t Ag (on La Negra vein); 2.9 m @ 0.5 g/t Au, 260 g/t Ag; 2.6 m @ 0.3 g/t Au, 334 g/t Ag; 1.9 m @ 0.5 g/t Au, 324 g/t Ag; 3.4 m @ 0.7 g/t Au, 786 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 0.4 g/t Au, 397 g/t Ag; 1.9 m @ 0.8 g/t Au, 357 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 1.7 g/t Au, 618 g/t Ag.
- MX Gold Corp. announced in its JV with GracePoint Mining Corp. the project completion and production commencement by the fourth quarter of 2017 on its Magistral del Oro tailing s project in Durango. “…includes a fully permitted, 500 tonne-per-day dynamic cyanide countercurrent system plant constructed in 2013 and tailings containing a historic estimate of 1.25 million tonnes averaging 2.06 grams per tonne gold.”
- Geologix Explorations Inc. is re-logging selected drill hole intersections on the South Pit of its Tepal property in Michoacan, trying to determine where the high grade structurally controlled ore lies. Rockchip samples are being collected for assay, and also for alteration and geophysical studies. The work is aimed to expand the economic resource base and make additional discoveries, enhancing the preliminary economic assessment (PEA).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- VVC Exploration Corp. signed a letter of intent with Southern Fuels, Inc. to buy the La Tuna gold property in Sinaloa. To complete the acquisition, due diligence work is being carried out, and a formal purchase and sale agreement needs to be negotiated, with a first payment to be made during September 2017.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, Cananea and the Buenavista del Cobre mine as seen from the North. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
TORONTO, Ontario, August 10, 2017 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) is pleased to report production of 74,487 ounces of gold and its financial results for the second quarter of 2017, as ramp-up continues at its El Limón Guajes Mine (ELG) in southwest Mexico. This release should be read in conjunction with the Company’s second quarter 2017 Financial Statements and MD&A on the Company’s website or on SEDAR.
Fred Stanford, President & CEO of Torex stated: “Q2, 2017 was an excellent operating quarter, with significant progress made in the ramp-up of the operations. The processing plant team increased throughput by 26% over Q1, and effectively achieved design throughput levels in June. The mining team increased production by 30% over Q1. Operating costs per tonne were within 2% of target and recoveries at 86%, were consistent with design expectations at the grade processed. The costs per ounce sold were significantly affected by the timing of revenues and the grade processed in the quarter. There were approximately 10,000 ounces ‘produced’ in the quarter, for which, based on timing of shipments, revenue was not received.
GOLDEN, CO, August 9, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) ‐‐ Golden Minerals Company (“Golden Minerals”, “Golden” or “the Company”) (NYSE American and TSX: AUMN) is pleased to share a business update, including:
New property acquired expanding the footprint of the Santa Maria project holdings
2,000 meters drilling planned to test the strike extension of the Santa Maria vein system
Manager of Operations hired for Mexico
Results from Celaya project show, in three of seven holes recently drilled, intercepts of quartz vein material carry gold and silver grades that are within the range of economic interest
New option agreement recently announced with Hecla to extend the lease of the oxide processing plant at the Company’s Velardena Properties
Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. (ASM: TSX-V, ASM: NYSE-MKT, GV6: FSE, “Avino” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the consolidated financial results for the Company’s second quarter ended June 30, 2017. The financial statements and the management discussion and analysis can be viewed on the Company’s web site at www.avino.com, on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and on EDGAR at www.sec.gov.
Effective January 1, 2017, the Company changed its presentation currency to US dollars from Canadian dollars. As a result, all dollar amounts in this news release are expressed in US dollars, unless otherwise noted.
“We are pleased to have achieved another productive quarter with strong financial and operational results. Our focus continues to be our expansion plans at the Avino mine with the addition of Mill Circuit 4, as well as a planned underground drill program at the Bralorne Mine to better define the resources above and below the 800 level. We are confident that the implementation of these important plans will continue to support the Company’s growth efforts. We appreciate the support and dedication of our teams in Mexico and Canada, who continue to maintain efficiencies at our operations.”
– David Wolfin, President, CEO & Director, Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd.
Chicago, Illinois – July 26, 2017 – Coeur Mining, Inc. (the “Company” or “Coeur”) (NYSE: CDE) today reported second quarter 2017 financial results, posting revenue of $173.4 million, net loss of $11.0 million, or $0.06 per share, and adjusted net loss1 of $2.5 million, or $0.01 per share. Second quarter cash flow from operating activities was $29.3 million, adjusted EBITDA1 was $33.4 million, and free cash flow1 was $(8.2)
million. Second quarter results reflect significantly higher levels of investment in long-term growth through exploration expense and capital expenditures as well as a $9.3 million one-time expense from the early retirement of debt.
TORONTO, Ontario, June 21, 2017 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX: TXG) announces the results of its 2017 annual and special meeting of shareholders (the “Meeting”) held in Toronto, Ontario on June 21, 2017.
Item 1. Election of Directors
At the Meeting, all director nominees listed in the Company’s management information circular (the “Circular”) dated May 11, 2017, were elected as directors of the Company. The detailed results of the vote by ballot are as follows:
||Number of Votes
||Percentage of Votes
|A. Terrance MacGibbon
|William M. Shaver
|Elizabeth A. Wademan