Vancouver B.C. — June 15, 2017. Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce sample results from Harvest Gold Corp.’s (“Harvest”) (TSX.V:HVG) due diligence visit to the Cerro Cascaron gold-silver project (“Project”) in Chihuahua, Mexico. Harvest will have the right to earn up to an 80% interest in the Project by incurring certain exploration expenditures, making cash and share payments and delivering a 43-101 compliant feasibility study.
Harvest’s geological consultant, Mr. David Bent, P. Geo. visited a large area of the Project and took nine rock samples from both the main vein field and the recently discovered La Cascarita target, a silver-rich breccia structure located five kilometres west of the currently defined main gold field. The rock sample results support previous sample values taken by Evrim.
June 9, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc (TSX, NYSE MKT: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), formerly Timmins Gold Corp., announced today that it has filed an updated NI 43-101 compliant technical report for the high-grade, high-margin Ana Paula project on the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt, Mexico. The report is available on http://www.sedar.com and the Company’s website.
The results of the Ana Paula Pre-Feasibility Study issued June 7, 2017 incorporates non-material changes requested by the British Columbia Securities Commission as part of a routine review. The June 7th technical report entitled “Preliminary Feasibility Study” and labelled Revision 1 by M3 Engineering supersedes the original report dated May 26, 2017 (Revision 0).
CALGARY, ALBERTA, Jun 09, 2017 (Marketwired via COMTEX) — CALGARY, ALBERTA–(Marketwired – June 9, 2017) – BACANORA MINERALS LTD. (“Bacanora” or the “Company”) (BCN)(aim:BCN), the Canadian and London listed lithium exploration and development company, is pleased to announce the formal appointment of Dr. Andres Antonius and Mr. Junichi Tomono to the Board as Non-Executive Directors.
As noted in the announcement dated 15 May 2017, following approval by the Board of Bacanora the appointments were subject to the completion of standard regulatory reviews in accordance with the AIM Rules for Companies. These reviews have now been completed. As a result, the appointment to the Board of both Dr. Antonius, a Mexican national who has held positions in the Government of Mexico, the private sector and academia, and Mr. Tomono, head of the Speciality Metals and Alloys department of leading Japan-based global trading company Hanwa Co., LTD. (“Hanwa”), will now take full effect. There are no additions or changes to the information disclosed on Dr. Antonius and Mr. Tomono in the announcement dated 15 May 2017 which is required to be disclosed under Schedule Two, paragraph (g) of the AIM Rules for Companies.
Vancouver B.C. – June 8, 2017. Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has signed an option agreement (the “Agreement”) with Harvest Gold Corporation (“Harvest”) in respect of the high grade gold-silver Cerro Cascaron project (“Project”) in Chihuahua, Mexico. Harvest will have the right to earn up to an 80% interest in the Project by incurring certain exploration expenditures, making cash and share payments and delivering a 43-101 compliant feasibility study.
“We are very excited to partner with Harvest Gold on the Cerro Cascaron project”, commented Paddy Nicol, Evrim’s President and CEO. “Harvest’s management team has a demonstrated history of successful project development and we are confident in their commitment to the Project. Cerro Cascaron, with its district scale high grade gold and silver systems, is the type of project that an exploration company such as Harvest can take an aggressive approach to explore and develop quickly. Exploration at the Project is expected to commence shortly with the aim to identify several targets for drill testing later in 2017.”
CALGARY, ALBERTA, May 24, 2017 (Marketwired via COMTEX) — CALGARY, ALBERTA–(Marketwired – May 24, 2017) – BACANORA MINERALS LTD. (“Bacanora” or the “Company”) (BCN)(aim:BCN), the Canadian and London listed lithium exploration and development company, has entered into a Subscription Agreement (the “Subscription”) with Capital Research and Management Company (“Capital”). Under the terms of the Subscription, Capital has agreed to subscribe for 8,573,925 new Common Shares in Bacanora (the “Subscription Shares”) at a price of 86 pence (approximately C$1.51) per ordinary share, raising gross proceeds of approximately £7.4 million (approximately US$9.6 million / approximately CAD $13 million) for the Company.
During the 20th week of the year (May 15th to May 21st, 2017), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua Kootenay has begun drilling at La Cigarra, whereas Levon started drilling at Cordero. In Zacatecas Alset has sent the first drill samples for assay and Defiance commenced a drill program at San Acacio. In Veracruz Mexican Gold announced one high grade gold drill intercept at Las Minas. ON MINING, Fortuna presented financial results 2016. Mexus keeps advancing to production at Santa Elena in Sonora. ON FINANCING, three companies announced private placements, or increased placements for $7.8 M. One company completed and offering to reduce paid interest on outstanding notes for 300 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Alio announced a PFS on its Ana Paula project in Guerrero, while Almaden Minerals presented a PFS, on Ixtaca, in Puebla. Consolidated Zinc continues drilling to get a resource on its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, SilverCrest Metals began trading at the OTCQX® Best Market, Fortuna is getting up to date with its SEC filings, Mexican Gold has bought two more concessions at its Las Minas project in Veracruz and Colibri received confirmation that it is to resume trading on May 18th.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Kootenay Silver Inc. has initiated a 7,500 m drill program at its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. The program is to focus on the expansion of the current mineral resource by first targeting an 800 m expanse between Las Venadas and Las Carolinas zones.
- Levon Resources Ltd. starts a 5,000 m core drilling campaign at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. The holes are being drilled in the Cordero felsic dome complex in the central portion of the resource, looking for better grades near the surface.
- Alset Minerals Corp. has completed one drill hole and five auger holes at La Salada, the first of seven salars to be drilled in Zacatecas. Soil and brine samples were collected and sent for assay.
- Mexican Gold Corp. announced that step-out drilling at the Cinco Señores zone, in its Las Minas project in Durango, has indicated a potential parallel mineralized zone. One hole intersected 2.0 m @ 10.8 g/t Au, 42 g/t Ag, 2.8% Cu.
- Defiance Silver Corp. commenced a drill program at its San Acacio property in Zacatecas, with the aim to expand the current deposit. Previous drilling at Esperanza intersected 12.7 m grading 297 g/t AgEq, and at Almaden 8.3 m @ 278 AgEq. A third target to be tested is the Quartz-Pyrite Breccia. Previous drilling includes intercepts of 17.0 m @ 110 g/t Ag, 0.1 g/t Au (including 8.1 m @ 222 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au); 16.7 m @ 101 g/t Ag, 0.75 g/t Au (including 3.2 m @ 419 g/t Ag, 0.8 g/t Au); 10.1 m @ 100 g/t Ag, 0.56 g/t Au. These intercepts display lead and zinc values of up to 1.9% and 4.6% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Ltd. presented full year 2016 financial results, with a net income of $17.8 M on revenue of $213 M. At San Jose in Oaxaca 273 K tonnes were milled (3,103 tonnes per day, TPD) @ 225 g/t Ag, 1.69 g/t Au, recovering 92% Ag, 92% Au, to produce 1.82 M Oz Ag, 13,660 Oz Au at cash cost $1.85 and all-in sustaining cost $6.73 per silver ounce, net of by-product Au credits.
- Mexus Gold US. has completed two holding ponds and a heap leach pad, commenced a cyanide drip system on the heap and started the Merryl Crowe recovery system at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake with First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora). Smelting the first 250 pounds of precipitate is the next step to be accomplished in May.
- Geologix Explorations Inc. intends to carry a private placement for proceeds of up to $1 M (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Mexican Gold Corp. announced an increase on its private placement, from $1.5 M to $1.8 M (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- New Gold Inc. announced that it has completed its offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of 6.375% Senior Notes due 2025, intending to use the net proceeds to fund the redemption of its outstanding $300 million 7.00% Senior Notes due 2020 on or about June 3, 2017.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. announced a private non-brokered placement intended to raise $5 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Ltd. announced that “The Company will not be proceeding with the brokered private placement announced on April 4, 2017 and April 27, 2017”.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alio Gold Inc. announced the pre-feasibility study (PFS) results on its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. The report defines 13.4 M tonnes @ 2.36 g/t Au as proven and probable mineral reserves, containing 1.02 M Oz Au. The scope of the PFS involves an open-pit with a mine life of 7.5 years to produce 868 K Oz Au on an 85% recovery rate. A capital cost of $137.2 M and an NPV of $223 M and IRR of 34% after tax at $1,250/oz Au. “Mineralization occurs in the complex breccia, granodiorite, monolithic breccia, hornfels and limestoneshale. The bulk of the high grade mineralization at Ana Paula is centered on the complex breccia domain which is surrounded by a high-grade mineralized halo, mainly granodiorite. “
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. has filed the pre-feasibility study (PFS) on its Ixtaca project in Puebla.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. is drilling to determine the full scope and geometry of the Carola South and Tres Amigos zones, both with high-grade zinc recent results, as both areas are to be included in the upcoming resource update.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. has begun trading on the OTCQX® Best Market under its existing ticker symbol “SVCMF”, operated by OTC Markets Group, providing a better platform to reach U.S. investors (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. has filed its 2016 annual financial documents, complying with SEC requirements. The company still has to file the Q1 2017 financial statements, and is planning to comply by May 24th, 2017.
- Mexican Gold Corp. Acquired two mining concessions at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. The company paid $150 K plus VAT for 100% interest on the properties, while the previous private owner is to retain 1.5% NSR, of which 0.5% can be purchased by $500 K. The Pueblo Nuevo concession covers 97.5 has with several historical underground mines, including one with 21 levels. The veins in marble and diorite are 100 to 300 m in length, and 0.50 to 3.0 m in width. Of three samples collected, one returned 11.99 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, 1.3% Cu over 1 m and one other 0.2 m @ 28 g/t Au, 14 g/t Ag. The 43 hectares La Luz concession covers an area prospective for skarn mineralization akin to the adjacent Las Minas area.
- Colibri Resources Corp. has received confirmation from the TSX Venture Exchange that its shares will resume trading on May 18th.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, incipient brecciation sealed by oxidized sulfide in a volcanic rock, Central Chiapas. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, BC–(Marketwired – May 17, 2017) – Almaden Minerals Ltd. (“Almaden” or “the Company”) (TSX: AMM) (NYSE MKT: AAU) announces that the independent NI 43-101 Pre-Feasibility Study of the Ixtaca Gold-Silver Project located in Puebla State, Mexico (the “PFS”), has been filed on SEDAR. A summary of findings from the PFS was announced in Almaden’s press release issued April 3rd, 2017. The full report, prepared by Moose Mountain Technical Services (“MMTS”), can be viewed under the Company’s profile on www.sedar.com.
The independent qualified persons responsible for preparing the PFS are Tracey Meintjes, P.Eng. and Jesse Aarsen, P.Eng. of MMTS, Ken Embree, P.Eng. of Knight Piésold Ltd., Kris Raffle, P.Geo. of APEX Geoscience Ltd., and Gary Giroux, M.A.Sc., P.Eng. of Giroux Consultants Ltd., all of whom act as independent consultants to the Company, are Qualified Persons as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and have reviewed and approved the contents of this news release.
May 16, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc (TSX, NYSE MKT: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), formerly Timmins Gold Corp., will officially begin trading today under its new ticker “ALO” on both the TSX and the NYSE MKT. The Company is pleased to announce the results of a Pre-Feasibility Study (“PFS”) on its Ana Paula Project (“Ana Paula” or the “Project”). Ana Paula is Alio Gold’s 100% owned high-grade, open pit gold project located on the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt in Mexico. All figures are in US dollars unless otherwise stated. An NI 43-101 technical report will be filed on SEDAR and will be available on the Company’s website within 45 days.
During the 19th week of the year (May 8th to May 14th, 2017), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico was in 2016 the major producer of silver in the world for the seventh year in a row. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora Riverside Resources initiated exploration on its Cecilia project and SilverCrest reported the discovery of a new high-grade silver vein at its Las Chispas project. Arian Silver presented lithium results from its projects in Zacatecas. ON MINING, Eleven companies presented first quarter 2017 financial results: Hecla, Golden Minerals, Pan American, Excellon, GoGold, Premier Gold, Avino, Americas Silver, Sierra Metals, Aura Minerals and Mag Silver. ON FINANCING, Only one company, Alset Minerals, presented a press release relating to a $369 K financing round. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Avino Silver presented an update in exploration and the expansion project on the process facilities, and a PEA on the tailings project. Hecla presented an update on exploration activities at San Sebastian. Argonaut presented an exploration update on its recently acquired property adjacent to El Castillo mine. Candelaria presented an updated technical report on the Caballo Blanco property. Consolidated Zinc presented more high-grade zinc results from Plomosas, and Timmins/Alio presented an optimization plan on the San Francisco mine. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Red Tiger received failure-to-file cease trade orders from the Ontario securities Commission. Prospero closed a deal with Fortuna for $1.5 M. Mexico Gold closed a debt with shares. Timmins Gold is now formally Alio Gold.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico kept during 2016 the title as the major silver producer of the world for the seventh year in a row, producing 182.6 M Oz, even with a small drop in production relative to 2015. For this year the Mexican production is expected to rise by 2.5 M Oz of silver, aided by the production of the San Julian and Palmarejo mines in Chihuahua. On a world basis the silver production fell by 32.6 M Oz, or 0.6%, to 885.8 M Oz.
- Riverside Resources Inc. has initiated an extensive rock-chip sampling campaign at its Cecila project in Sonora, with the aim of increasing the extent of the known zones of gold mineralization. Surface access agreements are in place.
- Arian Silver Corp. reported assay results from sampling from its three recently optioned lithium properties in Zacatecas. Results are up to 120 ppm Li at Columpio, 88 ppm Li at Pozo Hondo and 158 ppm Li at La Abundancia.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. discovered an unmined high grade vein immediately adjacent to Las Chis0pas main vein. The new vein has been named Giovvani, appears to be continuous for 400 to 500 m and 150 to 200 m along dip, averaging 2.0 m in thickness. Giovvani vein intercepts include 1.0 m @ 0.05 g/t Au, 306 g/t Ag; 2.3 m @ 0.7 g/t Au, 125 g/t Ag; 2.1 m @ 1.7 g/t Au, 215 g/t Ag; 2.1 m @ 3.4 g/t Au; 330 g/t Ag (including 0.6 m @ 10.8 g/t Au, 890 g/t Ag); 0.5 m @ 7.5 g/t Au, 1,095 g/t Ag; 2.3 m @ 3.6 g/t Au, 578 g/t Ag; 0.9 m @ 4.4 g/t Au, 564 g/t Ag.
- Hecla Mining Co. presented first quarter 2017 financial and operating results, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At San Sebastian in Durango, 750.8 K Oz Ag, 6,284 Oz Au were produced, operating at 407 tpd. The cash cost after by-product credits was negative $3.27 per Ag Oz, the AISC after by-product credits was $0.43 per Ag Oz. Cash and cash equivalents stand at 176.8 M. Recent drill intercepts include 1.86 m @ 124 g/t Au, 12,420 g/t Ag; 1.92 m @ 25.5 g/t Au, 3,866 g/t Ag; 0.73 m @ 1.5 g/t Au, 572 g/t Ag; 0.94 m @ 3.7 g/t Au, 379 g/t Ag; 1.10 m @ 24 g/t Au, 6,118 g/t Ag; 2.13 m @ 0.9 g/t Au, 385 g/t Ag.
- Golden Minerals Co. provided financial results for the first quarter 2017. During March the lease on the Velardeña oxide mill to Hecla Mining Co. was further lengthened until December 2018. During January 2017 was released an estimate of mineralized material for the Rodeo property in Durango. In February 2017 a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) was completed for the company’s Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. Electrum Global Holdings L.P. has been drilling the Celaya property in Guanajuato, as part of an earn-in agreement. Cash and cash equivalents stand at $2.1 M at the end of 2017, with no debt.
- Pan American Silver Corp. presented first quarter results 2017, including figures from its operations in Mexico. Production was 1.63 M Oz Ag, 870 Oz Au; 0.96 M Oz Ag, 24,390 Oz Au, and 0.35 M Oz Ag, 1,330 Oz Au respectively at La Colorada in Zacatecas, Dolores in Chihuahua and Alamo Dorado in Sonora.
- Excellon Resources Inc. reported Q1 2017 financial results. During the period the company processed 11.9 K tonnes @ 317 g/t Ag, 2.9% Pb, 4.1% Zn, with recoveries of 89.8% Ag, 81.3% Pb, 81.8% Zn to produce 108 K Oz Ag, 610 K Lb Pb, 838 K Lb Zn. The mine dewatering optimization plan has now 6 of 12 pumps working, with the water level droping by more than 2.8 m. Cash and cash equivalents of $5.7 M at the end of the period, and net working capital totaled $6.2 M.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released financial results for Q1 2017. During the period the company sold 413 K Oz AgEq Oz for revenue of $7.1 M, operating at cash cost $9.80 per AgEq Oz and AISC $11.76 per AgEq Oz (Parral tailings, Chihuahua; Santa Gertrudis, Sonora).
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. announced operational and financial results, including figures from its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where 166.8 K tonnes were milled @ 4.34 g/t Au, 44 g/t Ag, to produce 22,164 Oz Au, 88.6 K Oz Ag. Recoveries were 95.4% Au and 37.3% Ag. And cash in co-product basis was $675 per Au Oz sold, and all-in sustaining cost of $785 per Au Oz. The 2017 drilling program has been increased to 50,000 m, with currently five rigs working from the surface and four from underground. Cash and cash equivalents stood at $110.7 M at the end of March.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. presented the financial results for Q1 2017, period during which revenue was $8.1 M and net income after taxes $0.7 M. At the end of March the company had $17.7 M of cash and cash equivalents (Avino and San Gonzalo, Durango).
- Americas Silver Corp. reported operational and financial results for the first quarter of 2017, period during which revenues of $15.2 M and a net loss of ($0.2) were obtained. The company purchased an option on the San Felipe project in Sonora for total payments of $7.0 M plus VAT. The cash balance at the end of March was $17.6 M (San Rafael, Cosalá, Sinaloa).
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported Q1 2017 financial results, with revenue of $54.5 M. At Bolivar in Chihuahua, cash cost was $1.14 per CuEq pound, and AISC was $ 1.89 per CuEq pound. At Cusi, in Chihuahua, cash cost per AgEq Oz was $10.82, and AISC per AgEq Oz was $22.72. The company had $38.0 M in cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period.
- Aura Minerals Inc. presented financial results for Q1, 2017, which include $34.9 M in revenue, and a net loss of ($5.02 M), (Aranzazu, Zacatecas)
- Mag Silver Corp. disclosed financial results for the first quarter of 2017. A new resource estimate and design upgrades for the Juanicipio (Zacatecas) JV project with Fresnillo is to be completed on the second quarter. A 20,000 m 2017 exploration drill program was initiated after the quarter end. The company had cash and cash equivalents totaling $132.4 M at the end of the period.
- Alset Minerals Corp. has filed documents with the TSX seeking final approval on their previously announced non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $369 K (Lithium properties, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. informed the installation of a fourth mill and flotation circuit on its San Avino mine is on progress, a positive PEA (Preliminmary Economic Assessment) was presented last April on the re-treating of the Avino mine tailings, a study is in progress to weight the different options to tailings management (backfill on underground, pit or new tailings dam). A 3,000 m, 18 holes, infill drill program has been expanded to include further 20 holes to test the gap zone between San Luis and Elena Tolosa, aiming to update the category of the resource. A small scale test pilot project is underway to test the reduction of bismuth content (to avoid smelter penalties) from the concentrate. At San Gonzalo testing of the zinc circuit continues in the effort to improve gold and silver recoveries.
- Hecla Mining Co. updated development and exploration work at its San Sebastian mine in Durango. The company expects to transition from open pit to underground by the end of 2017. A ramp is under construction to connect the new portal with the existing workings. Drilling has focused on resource definition along the Middle and Francine veins, recently defining more than 9.6 km of mineralized strike length.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. completed 11,540 m in 75 reverse-circulation (RC) holes at the North Target of its El Castillo mine in Durango. The North Target lies within the 420 hectare San Juan mineral concession recently acquired from Fresnillo PLC., and the drilling is part of an ongoing infill RC drill program outward from El Castillo open pit. Results include 99.1 m @ 0.64 g/t Au; 141.7 m @ 0.49 g/t Au; 153.9 m @ 0.53 g/t Au; 138.7 m @ 0.58 g/t Au, 111.3 m @ 0.54 g/t Au; 141.7 m @ 0.68 g/t Au.
- Candelaria Mining Corp. announced an updated NI 43-101 technical report for the Caballo Blanco property in Veracruz. The report incorporates the results of 55 drill holes collared in 2012, which were not included in the last resource calculation. The new report includes 31.2 M tonnes @ 0.52 g/t Au as an indicated resource containing 521 K Oz Au, and 8.6 M tonnes grading 0.34 g/t Au containing 95 K Oz Au as an inferred resource.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. confirmed the presence of high grade zinc on the Tres Amigos North zone, at its Plomosas property in Chihuahua. Six initial drill holes completed returned intervals as high as 1.5 m @ >30% Zn, 0.6% Pb, 52 g/t Ag; 1.85 m @ >30% Zn, 0.2% Pb, 11 g/t Ag; 0.5 m @ >30% Zn, 0.6% Pb; 0.5 m @ >30% Zn, 0.3% Pb. Other results include 2.2 m @ 2.8% Zn, 1.1% Pb; 0.6 m @ 6.6% Zn, 1.4% Pb; 0.5 m @ 5.9% Zn, 0.3% Pb; 0.6 m @ 8.5% Zn, 0.3% Pb; 0.6 m @ 5.3% Zn, 2.2% Pb.
- Timmins Gold Corp. (in process to change name to Alio Gold Corp.) informed of a revitalization plan (i.e. pit push back) for its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Under this plan the production guidance is increased to 86 – 92 K Oz Au for 2017, and an average of 103 K Oz Au for a further six years at cash cost of $900 and AISC $935 per Au Oz. The updated reserves at San Francisco stand at 54.8 M tonnes @ 0.53 g/t Au containing 928.7 K Oz Au, measured and inferred resources of 74.8 M tonnes @ 0.54 g/t Au that contain 1.3 M Oz Au and 0.7 M tonnes of inferred resources containing 13 K Oz Au. The expansion capital adds up to $ 44.9 M from 2017 to 2019.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Red Tiger Mining Inc. has received failure-to-file cease trade orders from the Ontario securities Commission. The company aims to file the required 2016 annual filings by July 17, 2017 (La Luz, Sonora).
- Prospero Silver Corp. closed the previously announced C$1.5 M strategic investment from Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. “Prospero will allocate C$1.2 million to drill testing selected projects and C$300k will be allocated towards Prospero’s generative efforts in Mexico. Fortuna will have the right to select one of the projects within 18 months from signing of the definitive agreement to joint venture with Prospero, potentially earning in to a 70% interest by spending US$8 million over 6 years and completing a Preliminary Economic Analysis on the selected property” (El Petate, Hidalgo)
- Mexican Gold Corp. has issued an aggregate of 1.66 M shares to settle a debt of $478.9 K to certain officers and directors of the company (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Timmins Gold Corp. has formally changed name to Alio Gold Corp., expecting to be listed under the new name and ticker symbol on the Toronto Stock Exchange on March 16th.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, shear zone within a granodioritic protolith, Central Chiapas. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
Bacanora, the London and Canadian listed (AIM: BCN, TSXV: BCN) lithium exploration and development company, is pleased to announce changes to the Board, as well as provide an update on its flagship Sonora Project (‘Sonora’) in Mexico where a Feasibility Study (‘FS’) for a 35,000 tonnes per annum lithium carbonate operation is now on course for completion in late 2017. The Company has also recently commenced a FS for the Zinnwald Project (‘Zinnwald’) located near Dresden, Germany. In addition the Company is pleased to announce the appointment of two new Non-executive directors and Canaccord Genuity Limited as its sole broker with immediate effect.
Changes to Board of Directors
The Company announces the appointment of Dr Andres Antonius, who is based in Mexico City, and Mr. Junichi Tomono, head of the Speciality Metals and Alloys department of leading Japan-based global trading company Hanwa Co., LTD. (‘Hanwa’), as Non-executive Directors of the Company. Such appointments have been approved by the Board of Bacanora and will take full effect upon completion of standard regulatory reviews, which are underway.
The two appointments replace Mr. James Leahy, who has stepped down from the Board to pursue other business interests, and Mr. Kiran Morzaria who resigned from his position as Non-executive Director of the Company earlier this year (see announcement of 26 January 2017 for further details). Mr. Tomono’s appointment to the Board follows the signing of a strategic partnership and offtake agreement for Sonora which has seen Hanwa acquire an initial 10% interest in Bacanora following a private placement (see announcement of 2 May 2017 for further details).