December 4, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc (TSX, NYSE MKT: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), is pleased to provide an exploration update from its 100% owned Ana Paula project in Guerrero, Mexico, including the completion of the 2,000 metre drill program to twin previous drill holes within the pre-feasibility pit for metallurgical test work samples. The Company has also initiated a surface drill program to target the high-grade breccia below the pre-feasibility pit that will commence in the first quarter of 2018.
Calgary, Alberta (FSCwire) – BACANORA MINERALS LTD. (“Bacanora” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: BCN and AIM: BCN), the Canadian and London listed lithium exploration and development company, announces that Martin Vidal, President and a Director of the Company, has resigned the foregoing positions, effective November 30, 2017. Mr. Vidal will remain with the Company in an advisory / consultancy capacity going forward.
During the 47th week of the year (November 20th to November 26th, 2017), at least 32 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES: No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION: six companies informed on exploration efforts during the week: In Sonora Azure Minerals reported favorable metallurgical results from its Oposura project. In Chihuahua Monarca is to acquire the San Jose project; Mammoth Resources mobilized equipment to drill its Tenoriba property. In Sinaloa Starcore is to acquire the Santa Fe project, with an historical Au-Ag resource. Silver Bull released drill results from the sulfide zone at Sierra Mojada; Prize Mining is to acquire the Manto Negro stratabound copper project. Evrim Resources announced the acquisition of the Cuale high sulfidation property. In Veracruz Mexican Gold announced step-out drilling mineralization intercepts at Las Minas. ON MINING: Impact Silver presented its quarterly report. Marlin Gold informed on the mining program at La Trinidad in Sinaloa. In Zacatecas, operations recommenced at the Santacruz Silver’s Veta Grande mill after the PROFEPA suspension. MX Gold informed on advance at the Magistral tailings project in Durango. Americas Silver informed the San Rafael mine is sourcing all ore treated in Cosalá. ON FINANCING: Telson Resources received $1 M from the exercise of warrants. Aztec Minerals is now trading on the USA. Primero Mining obtained an extension on its revolving credit facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT: Leagold Mining reported more high-grade results from drilling at Bermejal Underground on its Los Filos property in Guerrero. Stroud Resources announced an updated resource estimate for its Santo Domingo Hostotipaquillo deposit in Jalisco. Almaden Resources released more drill results from the Ixtaca deposit in Puebla. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES: Soleil Capital and Goldplay Exploration are to amalgamate to create a precious metals exploration company focused in Mexico. Monarca Minerals signed a LOI to acquire the San Jose property in Chihuahua. Starcore entered into a LOI to acquire the Santa Fe property in Sinaloa. Camrova Minerals (Baja Mining) has seen its interest on El Boleo property (in Baja California) reduced to 7.3%. Bacanora Minerals is involved in a lawsuit over a 3% royalty on its Sonora lithium project. Golden Goliath has received the fifth payment on the option of its Uruachic properties. Prize mining is to acquire the Manto Negro project in Coahuila from Scion Mines.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. reported metallurgical results from its Oposura project in Sonora. The test returned over 70% and 80% recoveries respectively for Pb and Zn, producing a lead concentrate (>55% Pb, 360 g/t Ag) and a zinc concentrate (>55% Zn) with low levels of deleterious elements. More metallurgical studies will be undertaken on core material from the present drill campaign.
- Monarca Minerals Inc. entered into a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire the San Jose property in Chihuahua. The 5,580 hectares project shows disseminations, stockwork and veins of skarn, gossan and altered intrusive rocks, with assays of up to 26.8 g/t Au, 161 g/t Ag, 6.5% Pb, 0.9% Zn, 4.2% Cu.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. entered into a letter of intent (LOI) with Eduardo de la Peña Gaitan and other owners, to acquire the 21,000 hectare Santa Fe project in Sinaloa. Previous exploration included 13,000 m of drilling in 2013, establishing an historical (Non 43-101 compliant) open pit resource of 285 K AuEq Oz in 5 M tonnes @ 89 g/t Ag, 0.56 g/t Au; or an underground resource of 225 K AuEq Oz in 1.28 M tonnes @ 266 g/t Ag, 1.83 g/t Au.
- Mammoth Resources Corp. has mobilized a drill rig and a bulldozer to its Tenoriba property in Chihuahua. The company is to begin a 3,000 m drill program in 8 to 24 holes to test gold-silver targets on a 5 km strike length within a 15 square Km area of ubiquitous high sulfidation gold mineralization. The company announced the release of a technical report on the drill selection criteria.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. released results from four drill holes testing the sulfide zone below the previously defined oxide zone on its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlighted results comprise 9 m @ 20.7% Zn, 1.0% Pb, 98 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu, including 3.65 m @ 47.8% Zn, 2.5% Pb, 105 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu; 3 m @ 537 g/t Ag, 3.9% Zn, 1.1% Cu, including 1 m @ 1,280 g/t Ag, 14.8% Zn, 2.3% Cu.
- Prize Mining Corp. entered into an agreement (see the appropriate section below) to acquire the Manto Negro copper project in Coahuila. The project consists of seven mining concession covering 17,959 hectares. “The Project is identified as a stratabound Cu-Ag (+/- Pb-Zn) oxidized “Red Bed type” copper deposit… The Project area is hosted by Cretaceous carbonates and sandstones with exposures of mineralization being identified in numerous locations occurring in concordant layers ranging from 2 to 23 metres thick that are referred to as “Mantos”. Exposures of this mineralization have been identified over the 50-kilometre length of the Project.” The grades of historical sampling, trenching and drilling range from 0.73% to 5.55% Cu, 19 to 793 g/t Ag, 1.5 to 15% Pb and 0.3 to 3.64% Zn.
- Mexican Gold Corp. announced that drilling to expand the high-grade dike contact mineralization previously encountered at its Las Minas project in Veracruz has successfully intersected long intervals of chalcopyrite-magnetite mineralization in five additional holes. Core length intervals include: 0 m; Cumulative 48.0 m; 20.3 m; cumulative 28.0 m, 28.0 m of chalcopyrite-magnetite mineralization.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced the acquisition and early exploration results of the 97 square kilometer Cuale gold project in Jalisco. The Cuale project was initially staked under the Callinan Royalties generative alliance (now owned by Altius Minerals Corp.) with formal title granted to Evrim for 100% ownership in November 2017. “Mineralization is found in moderately to strongly silicified rhyolite that contains up to 10% specular hematite in boxworks, interpreted to have formed after pyrite. Zones of pervasive silicification with strong clay alteration of phenocrysts trending to vuggy silica are observed..” Seven rock chip samples collected on a 500 m by 250 m zone returned from 0.19 to 4.56 g/t Au.
- Impact Silver Corp. released its financial and production third quarter 2017 report. Production at the Guadalupe mill came primarily from the San Ramon Deeps, Cuchara and San Patricio mines. Highly variable ore from the San Ramon Deeps mine contributed to the lower grade mill feed @ 175 g/t Ag. Total silver production was 229.9 K Oz. Exploration work is focused on the Alacran, Alacran North, San Ramon North and El Paso vein. The company had a $6.0 M cash position at the end of the period.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. informed that most of the mining during the year at La Trinidad, in Sinaloa, focused on expanding and deepening the north side of the Taunus pit, while waste removal continues on the southern part of the pit. Up to the end of October, 35,500 Oz Au have been shipped. Drilling commenced at the Colinas target, 1.2 km south of the pit.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. recommenced operations at its Veta Grande mill in Zacatecas, following the authorization by PROFEPA and SEMARNAT (Environmental agencies in Mexico).
- MX Gold Corp. informed all major tankage at the Magistral tailings project in Durango has been installed, with the grinding mill scheduled for completion in Early December 2017, and the installation of the Merrul-Crowe circuit underway.
- Americas Silver Corp. informed production from the San Rafael mine at the company’s Cosalá operations in Sinaloa is now the sole source of mill feed. The mine is currently producing over 1,000 tonnes per day (tpd) of the targeted 1,500 tpd, with a stockpile of over 25 k tonnes from San Rafael and further 50 K tonnes of ore from Nuestra Señora.
- Telson Resources Inc. reported that all the warrants issued as part of a private placement on November 2015 have been exercised, resulting in CAD$1 M in proceeds (Tahuehueto, Durango; Campo Morado, Guerrero).
- Aztec Minerals Corp. has been approved to commence trading in the USA as of Nov 20th 2017, on the OTCQB under the symbol AZZTF (Cervantes, Sonora).
- Primero Mining Corp. has agreed in principle with its lenders to an extension to its revolving credit facility and guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp., previously maturing on November 23, 2017. The facility has been extended to December 1, 2017, providing the company to continue negotiations on its strategic review process and the possible divestiture of its San Dimas mine in Durango.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Leagold Mining Corp. reported additional high-grade results from the Bermejal Underground drill program at the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. “Bermejal Underground is at the northern end of a large intrusive body which has a total circumference of at least 15 kilometres…” The area being drilled extends 1,600 m along the strike of the intrusive contact and has a vertical depth extent of over 800 m. The drilling shows consistent oxide mineralization at carbonate/intrusive contacts either along the intrusive contact or below the intersection between the sill and the Bermejal intrusive contact. An updated resource estimate is expected before year end.
- Stroud Resources Ltd. updated the resource estimate in a new technical report on its Santo Domingo Hostotipaquillo project in Jalisco. The reports confirms the presence of 6.1 M tonnes @ 0.47 g/t Au, 101 g/t Ag and 3.48 M tones @ 0.39 g/t Au which contain 91.6 K Oz Au, 19 M Oz Ag as measured and indicated resources and 43.2 K Oz Au, 10 M Oz Ag as inferred resources. La Raya vein has a mineralized zone 35 m wide over 700 m along strike and 300 m of depth; and the Guadalupe vein is typically 15 to 30 m wide. Five additional veins have been identified for further exploration.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released drill results from its ongoing exploration and development program for the feasibility study (FS) of the Ixtaca deposit at its Tuligtic project in Puebla. Two holes confirmed the discovery of an ore zone within a portion of the pit considered waste in the prefeasibility study (PFS). The holes intersected 23 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 38.6 m @ 7.92 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag (including 1 m @ 237 g/t Au, 232 g/t Ag); 20.4 m @ 0.89 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag (including 7.0 m @ 2.07 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Soleil Capital Corp. entered into an amalgamation agreement with Goldplay Exploration Ltd. on a business combination transaction. “The purpose of the Proposed Transaction is the creation of a public, TSX Venture Exchange-listed, Mexico-focused, precious metals exploration company utilizing Goldplay’s mineral exploration strategy and experience related to the Rosario District..” in Sinaloa. Upon completion of the transaction the resulting issuer will be named Goldplay Exploration Ltd. and will be listed as a Tier 2 Mining Issuer on the Exchange.
- Monarca Minerals Inc. entered into a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire the San Jose property in Chihuahua. The 5,580 hectares project shows disseminations, stockwork and veins of skarn, gossan and altered intrusive rocks. The terms of the LOI include a US$20 K payment on execution of the LOI (paid), US$20 K on execution of the definitive agreement, US$50 K on the first anniversary, and US100 K on the second anniversary, with the owners retaining a 2% NSR, of which one percent can be purchased by Monarca for US$100 k. Back taxes on the property of US$390 K will be paid over a period of time. Concession taxes per year are approximately US$46 K.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. entered into a letter of intent (LOI) with Eduardo de la Peña Gaitan and other owners, to acquire the 21,000 hectare Santa Fe project in Sinaloa. Starcore has up to 120 days to conduct due diligence work, and 30 days to complete the acquisition. Starcore is to issue 5 M shares to the owners upon signing, and will be released on four installments, and pay US$6 M as follows: US$2 M on execution; US$1 M on 18 months; US$1 M on 36 months; US$1 M on 48 months; US$1 M on 60 months.
- Camrova Resources Inc. (Baja Mining Corp.) informed that its interest in Minera y Metalurgica del Boleo S.A. P.I, de C.V. has been reduced from 10% to 7.3%. This is a result of Korea Resource Corporation funding Camrova’s pro rata ($42.9 M) on cash calls amounting $429 M. The Boleo project is to annually produce 30 K tonnes Cu, 700 tonnes Co, 10,500 K tonnes Zn sulfate (Boleo, Baja California).
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. announced that it filed a statement of claim seeking to void ab initio, a 3% gross over-riding royalty held by the Estate of Colin Orr-Ewing over certain of Bacanora assets in Sonora. The company also announced amendments to the employment arrangements of certain members of the executive management firm.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. has been served by the estate of the late Ian Colin Orr-Ewing with legal proceedings filed on September 20th September 2017, on a dispute regarding the ownership of 3% gross overriding royalties over Bacanora’s Sonora Lithium project and Magdalena Borates project. The Estate currently owns 8.15% of the common shares of Bacanora.
- Golden Goliath Resources Ltd. has now received the fifth in a series of seven optional payments from Fresnillo PLC for the properties optioned to them in the Uruachic mining district in Chihuahua. This $100 K payment is to be followed by another $100 k due on May 2018 and a final US$2.3 M payment on November 2018, if Fresnillo is to keep the property. Golden Goliath plans to use the final payment to pay for the drill program on its 100% owned San Timoteo property in Chihuahua.
- Prize Mining Corp. entered into an agreement with Scion Mines S.A. de C.V. to acquire 100% interest in the Manto Negro copper project in Coahuila, by issuing 6 M shares with a restricted lock-up and restricted resale period. Six million shares more are to be issued if the next milestones are met on a 43-101 technical report: 2 M bonus shares if the estimated copper resource is over 500 M Lb; 2 M bonus shares if the estimated copper resource is over 750 M Lb; 2 M bonus shares if the estimated copper resource is over 1 B Lb.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, magnetite-chalcopyrite mineralization on drill core from Las Minas, Veracruz. Photo by Mexican Gold Corp. on its Nov 23rd, 2017 press release.
VANCOUVER, BC–(Marketwired – November 21, 2017) – Almaden Minerals Ltd. (“Almaden” or “the Company”) (TSX: AMM) (NYSE MKT: AAU) (NYSE American: AAU) is pleased to announce new assay results from Almaden’s ongoing exploration and development program at the Company’s Tuligtic project, Mexico. One drill rig is focused on step-out exploration drilling outside of the established resource area, while the second drill rig has completed holes for metallurgical samples related to the ongoing Feasibility Study, and is now testing new zones within the Pre-Feasibililty Study (“PFS”) pit. Today’s results are from holes TU-17-518 and 520 which were drilled to follow-up hole TU-17-504 (announced August 23, 2017) that intersected new and significant mineralisation in an upper portion of the PFS pit which was modelled as waste material in the Company’s PFS. Holes TU-17-518 and 520 confirm this discovery of a new zone of mineralisation in volcanic and limestone. Highlights include the following intercepts:
|Hole TU-17-518 SECTION 10+650 EAST Az. 150, Dip -57|
|23.00 meters @ 0.45 g/t Au and 1.0 g/t Ag|
|38.60 meters @ 7.92 g/t Au (2.84 g/t with 1 sample cut(1)) and 14.9 g/t Ag|
|Including||23.50 meters @ 12.70 g/t Au (4.36 g/t with 1 sample cut(1)) and 20.7 g/t Ag|
|And||5.00 meters @ 51.45 g/t Au (12.25 with 1 sample cut(1)) and 58.4 g/t Ag|
|And||1.00 meters @ 237.00 g/t Au and 232.0 g/t Ag|
|(1)||gold assays over 41 g/t were cut to 41 g/t.|
|Hole TU-17-520 SECTION 10+675 EAST Az. 150, Dip -70|
|20.40 meters @ 0.89 g/t Au and 11.1 g/t Ag|
|Including||7.00 meters @ 2.07 g/t Au and 20.4 g/t Ag|
Toronto, Ontario – (November 14, 2017) Argonaut Gold Inc. (TSX: AR) (the “Company”, “Argonaut Gold” or “Argonaut”) is pleased to announce its has reached an agreement with Primero Mining Corp. (“Primero”) whereby it will acquire the Cerro del Gallo project (“CDG” or the “Project”) through the purchase of all of the issued and outstanding shares of the Primero subsidiary San Anton Resource Corporation for cash consideration of $15 million, which is payable upon closing. Argonaut expects to be able to recover approximately $1.7 million of value added tax, which reduces the total purchase price to $13.3 million. The Company expects the transaction to close on or before November 30, 2017.
November 9, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc. (TSX, NYSE AMERICAN: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), today reported its third quarter 2017 results. Production results were previously released on October 5, 2017. The Company will host a conference call at 11:00am ET today to discuss the results and the details of the call can be found at the end of the release.
Third Quarter Highlights and Recent Developments
- Gold production of 19,429 ounces at an all-in sustaining cost1 (“AISC”) of $1,104 per ounce.
- Completed bought deal equity financing of C$50.4 million.
- Received formal Change of Land Use Permit at Ana Paula Project (“Ana Paula”).
- Advanced underground decline at Ana Paula:
- Permit approved
- Contracts awarded
- Underground exploration program to start mid-2018
- Initiated surface exploration program targeting a zone north of the proposed pit at Ana Paula.
- Drill results from first two twinned holes at Ana Paula confirm the presence of high-grade mineralization and the lithology of the previous drilling.
- Received C$3.5 million in warrant exercise proceeds and exercised a buy-back right from Goldcorp of a 1% net smelter royalty (“NSR”) on Ana Paula for US$2.9 million.
Bacanora, the London and Canadian listed (AIM: BCN, TSXV: BCN) lithium explora)on and development company, is pleased to announce that access and surface rights have been secured for its flagship Sonora Project (‘Sonora’ or ‘the Project’) in Mexico. This is in line with the Company’s strategy to construct an open-pit mine and large-scale
beneficia)on processing facility at Sonora, which is one of the world’s larger lithium deposits. A Feasibility Study (‘FS’) fora 35,000 tonnes perannum lithium carbonate operation atSonorais on course forcompletion in late 2017.
The access and surface rights mainly relate to the land area covering mineral resources contained within the La Ventana, Fleur and El Sauz areas. Bacanorahas entered into binding agreements to acquire the freehold to two parcels of land which, following comple)on of the FS, will provide the Company with unrestricted access to develop
the Project and operate it for the ini)al life of mine. The Sonora Lithium Project consists of ten con)guous concessions covering 97,389 hectares approximately 190 kilometres northeast of the city of Hermosillo in Sonora State, Mexico and 200 kilometres south of the border with Arizona, USA.
Vancouver, BC – October 31, 2017, Corex Gold Corp. (TSXV: CGE / OTCQB: CGEKF) (“Corex” or the “Company”), is pleased to report that it has received net proceeds of US$278,685.67 from gold recovered and sold from the first gold-in-carbon concentrate shipment (see news release dated October 18th, 2017) from the Santana heap-leach gold project in Sonora, Mexico.
Corex has been conducting bulk testing heap-leach activities at its 100%-owned Santana property during 2017 on a roughly 25,000 tonne bulk sample of coarse crushed material. A second shipment of gold-in-carbon concentrate is expected to be exported to the U.S., which will allow the Company to reconcile the data obtained from the bulk leach test work on the coarse crushed material before embarking on a fine crushed bulk test that will ultimately aid in determining the optimized crush size for future leaching of the Nicho North and Nicho zones.
“The first gold sold from the Santana property is not only validation of Chester Millar and our technical team’s belief in the open-pit heap-leach amenable Santana property but also the culmination of years of effort from those that preceded him and originally identified the prospectivity of the area. We look forward to completing the ongoing bulk testing and optimization studies and using future gold concentrate production to reconcile the larger scale potential of the core Nicho zones,” stated Doug Ramshaw, President and CEO.
Almaden Minerals Ltd. (“Almaden” or “the Company”; TSX: AMM; NYSE American: AAU) is pleased to announce new assay results from Almaden’s ongoing exploration and development program at the Company’s Tuligtic project, Mexico. One drill rig is focused on step-out exploration drilling outside of the established resource area. A second drill rig is drilling holes for metallurgical samples related to the ongoing Feasibility Study. Where possible holes also serve as resource infill holes, as does the hole reported today, TU-17-513 drilled on section 10+600 East. This infill hole intersected the Main Ixtaca Zone vein swarm. Highlights include the following intercepts:
Hole TU-17-513 SECTION 10+600 EAST Az. 150, Dip -55
184.00 meters @ 1.25 g/t Au and 54.0 g/t Ag (2.03 g/t AuEq, or 140.3 g/t AgEq)
Including 32.50 meters @ 2.02 g/t Au and 109.2 g/t Ag (3.60 g/t AuEq, or 248.6 g/t AgEq) And 24.15 meters @ 1.58 g/t Au and 102.9 g/t Ag (3.07 g/t AuEq, or 211.9 g/t AgEq) And 25.00 meters @ 4.08 g/t Au and 91.7 g/t Ag (5.41 g/t AuEq, or 373.2 g/t AgEq)
1 Gold equivalent (“AuEq”) and silver equivalent (“AgEq”) values are calculated assuming a silver to gold ratio of 69:1.
October 26, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc (TSX, NYSE MKT: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), today announced that it has awarded GDI STRACON GyM S.A. de CV (“GDI STRACON”) the contract for developing the underground decline at the high grade, high margin Ana Paula project in Guerrero, Mexico. In addition, the Company has engaged JDS Energy and Mining (“JDS”) to manage the contract and underground mining operation.
“GDI STRACON is a highly respected mining contractor and we are pleased to be working with them on the Ana Paula project,” said Greg McCunn, Chief Executive Officer. “The underground decline at Ana Paula is expected to be completed in mid-2018 after which we will be able to commence an exploration program that has the potential to significantly enhance the value of the Project.”