VANCOUVER, BC, Feb. 28, 2022 /CNW/ – Vizsla Silver Corp. (TSXV: VZLA) (NYSE: VZLA) (Frankfurt: 0G3) (“Vizsla” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the maiden mineral resource estimate (the “Resource Estimate”) for its flagship, 100% owned Panuco silver-gold project (the “Project” or “Panuco”) located in Sinaloa, Mexico.
MONTREAL, Feb. 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Osisko Development Corp. (“Osisko Development” or the “Company“) (TSX.V-ODV) is pleased to announce the final drilling results from the 2021 exploration and category conversion drill program campaign at its San Antonio Project in Sonora State, Mexico.
Toronto, Ontario, February 28, 2022: Golden Tag Resources Ltd. (“Golden Tag” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: GOG) (OTCQB: GTAGF) is pleased to announce that further to the news release dated February 8, 2022, it has completed the second and final tranche (the “Final Tranche”) of the non-brokered private placement previously announced on January 20, 2022 (the “Offering”). In connection with the Final Tranche, the Company issued an aggregate of 5,833,330 Units at a price of $0.25 per Unit for aggregate gross proceeds of $1,458,332.50.
TORONTO, Ontario, February 28, 2022 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company”) (TSX: TXG) announces
an updated Mineral Resource estimate for the Media Luna project, which now consists of a gold equivalent1 (“AuEq”) Indicated Resource of 4.39 million ounces (“Moz”) at an average grade of 5.38 grams per tonne (“g/t”). This reflects a 24% increase in contained AuEq metal in the Indicated Resource category compared to the April 30, 20212 resource estimate of 3.54 Moz AuEq at a grade of 5.27 g/t. Of the current Indicated Resource, 60% of the gold equivalent estimate is attributable to gold (“Au”), 33% to copper (“Cu”) and the remainder to silver (“Ag”).
February 28, 2022, Vancouver, British Columbia – Maverix Metals Inc. (“Maverix” or the “Company”) (NYSE American & TSX: MMX) is pleased to announce that in 2022, the Company expects 32,000 to 35,000 attributable gold equivalent ounces1 (“GEOs”) at a 90% gross cash margin, with approximately 99% of expected revenue derived from gold and silver.
VANCOUVER, BC, Feb. 28, 2022 /CNW/ – GR Silver Mining Ltd. (“GR Silver Mining” or the “Company”) (TSXV: GRSL) (OTCQB: GRSLF) (FRANKFURT: GPE) – is pleased to provide an update on the Company’s management team. Effective immediately, Company founder, Marcio Fonseca will become President and Chief Operating Officer and Eric Zaunscherb will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer in addition to his position as Chairman of the Board.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 8th week of the year (February 21st to February 27th, 2022), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 6 news published by the media, with eight reporting resources and developments of their properties, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, four informing on exploration results, three discussing social issues, three communicating production results, three announcing financial issues, and three commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Magna Gold announced that after several inspections at its San Francisco mine in Sonora, the suspension of the crushing and laboratory areas has been lifted. Mexico was the largest silver producer country in 2021. Marisol Barragán swore in as President of the Mexico City District of Mujeres WIM Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec-Kootenay JV released results from the ongoing RC drilling program conducted at the Cervantes project, and Ranchero Gold released the final results from its recently completed phase 1 drill program at its Maíz Azul prospect within its Santa Daniela project. In Chihuahua, Radius announced results from its ongoing drill program at its Amalia project. In Nayarit, Sierra Madre informed that it received the drilling permit from the Mexican Federal Environmental Permitting Agency (SEMARNAT) and entered into formal surface rights exploration agreement with the surface owners for its La Tigra project. ON MINING, Americas Gold and Silver provided silver production guidance for 2022 for its Cosala Operations in Sinaloa. Orla provided a 2022 production, operating costs, capital costs, and exploration spending guidance for the full year 2022 for its Camino Rojo property, Zacatecas. Equinox Gold reported Q4 and full year 2021 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Golden Tag increased its previously announced non-brokered private placement by up to 5M unit for aggregate proceeds of up to 1.25M (San Diego project, Durango). Pan American Silver declared dividend to shareholders of $0.12 per common share (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas). Gold Resource declared Q1, 2022 dividend to shareholders (Arista mine, Oaxaca). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Silver Dollar announced that it completed a 2,424 m drill program in 11 holes at its La Joya project in Durango. Silver Tiger informed that it will commence the rehabilitation of the historic El Tigre mine. Alamos Gold updated mineral reserves and resources as of December 31, 2021 (Mulatos Mine, Sonora). Pan American Silver released results for 20 new infill and exploration holes drilled at its la Colorada mine in Zacatecas. Prime Mining announced results from its first drill program at the Guadalupe West deposit within its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Stroud commenced its phase 2 diamond drilling program at its Santo Domingo project in Jalisco. Mithril reported positive results from the metallurgical testwork conducted at its Copalquin project in Durango. Newmont reported mineral reserves and resources for their Peñasquito and Noche Buena properties in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Benjamin Hill granted options to directors, officers and a consultant (Sonora Gold project, Sonora). Monumental announced the appointment of its CEO (Jemi project, Coahuila). Orla Mining announced the appointment of its Chief Sustainability Officer (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas). SSR informed that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its Pitarrilla silver project in Durango to Endeavour. Riverside signed an agreement with Agnico Eagle for the sale of the Pima property located in Sonora. Sierra Metals announced the appointment of a new member to its Board of Directors (Bolivar mine, Chihuahua). Great Panther announced senior management changes (Topia mine, Durango). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Esperanza Silver supported the first generation of the education program in Morelos. Grupo México offered employment to 100 women in Santa Bárbara, Chihuahua. Minera Peñasquito delivered the remodeling and rehabilitation of a plaza to the community of Nuevo Peñasco, Mazapil in Zacatecas.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Magna Gold Corp., announced that after several inspections at its San Francisco mine in Sonora, the suspension of the crushing and laboratory areas has been lifted.
- Mexico was the largest silver producer country in 2021 with 5,600 tonnes, followed by China with 3,400 tonnes and by Peru with 3,000 tonnes.
- Marisol Barragán swore in as President of the Mexico City District of Mujeres WIM Mexico, with the primary purpose of boosting initiatives that promote equal opportunities and working conditions for women in the mining industry in Mexico,
- Aztec Minerals Corp – Kootenay Silver Inc JV released results from the ongoing RC drilling program conducted at the Cervantes project. Drilling highlights include hole CAL22-004 with 1 g/t Au over 167.2m, including 4.25 g/t Au over 24.4m; hole CAL22-002 with 0.37 g/t Au over 99.1m; and hole CAL22-003 with 0.45 g/t Au over 45.7m, including 0.87 g/t Au over 13.7m. Gold appears to be widely distributed in disseminations, fractures and veinlets within quartz-feldspars porphyry, feldspar porphyry stocks, and related hydrothermal breccias.
- Ranchero Gold Corp., released the final results from its recently completed phase 1 drill program at its Maíz Azul prospect within its Santa Daniela project in Sonora. The drill program consisted of 3,122m in 16 holes. Hole MA22-25 intersected 1.2 g/t Au over 15.6m at the La Colmena target. The company will update its geological mapping to further identify new structures that control mineralization. It also will plan the phase II drill program with the goal of expanding the newly discovered gold mineralization as well as testing additional targets including the X-structure.
- Radius Gold Inc., announced results from its ongoing drill program at El Cuervo area within its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Drill highlights include hole AMDD21-47 with 167 g/t Ag and 0.54 g/t Au over 96m, including 232 g/t Ag and 0.65 g/t Au over 61.20m, including 290 g/t Ag and 0.8 g/t Au over 45.20m, including 302 g/t Ag and 1.13 g/t Au over 17.35m, including 592 g/t Ag and 0.65 g/t Au over 7.35m, including 438 g/t Ag and 1.12 g/t Au over 7.85m; and hole AMDD21-46 with 44 g/t Ag and 0.13 g/t Au over 31m, including 158 g/t Ag and 0.49 g/t Au over 3.7m, including 233 g/t Ag and 0.31 g/t Au over 1.7m, and 203 g/t Ag and 0.53 g/t Au over 3.50m, including 381 g/t Ag and 1.31 g/t Au over 1.1m. “The initial drilling at El Cuervo has confirmed a significant mineralized system and drilling is ongoing to define the size potential”.
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd., informed that it received the drilling permit from the Mexican Federal Environmental Permitting Agency (SEMARNAT) authorizing the use of 30 drill pads within its La Tigra project in Nayarit. The company also informed that it entered into formal surface rights exploration agreement with the ejido Santa Maria Picachos, the surface owners at La Tigra project that allows for the commencement of the drilling program.
- Americas Gold and Silver Corporation provided silver production guidance for 2022 for its Cosala Operations in Sinaloa. Silver production from the Cosala Operations in 2022 is forecast to be between 0.7 to 0.9M Oz Ag, 13-15M Lb Pb, and 36 to 40M Lb Zn. “
- Orla Mining Ltd., provided a 2022 production, operating costs, capital costs, and exploration spending guidance for the full year 2022 for its Camino Rojo property, Zacatecas. The company expects to produce from Camino Rojo over 90-100K Oz Au for the full year 2022 with an AISC of USD $600-700 per Oz Au sold. Total sustaining cost and exploration spending are expected to total USD $5M and USD $10M respectively.
- Equinox Gold Corporation reported Q4 and full year 2021 production and financial results from their Los Filos and Mercedes mines located in Guerrero and Sonora respectively. At Los Filos mine, Guerrero, Equinox mined 3.4M tonnes of 0.77 g/t Au (open pit) and 162K tonnes of 3.11 g/t Au (underground) to produce 54.7K Oz Au. It sold 55,144 Oz Au during Q4, 2021 and reported revenue of USD $98.8M, and cash and AISC of USD $1,311 and USD $1,433 per Oz Au sold respectively. For the full year, the company mined 7.09M tonnes of 0.71 g/t Au (open pit) and 519K tonnes of 3.23 g/t Au to produce 144.1K Oz Au. It sold 143.8K Oz Au during the full year 2021, and reported revenue of USD $257.2M, and cash and AISC of USD $1,575 and USD $1,753 per Oz Au sold. Equinox provided production and guidance cost for 2022. It expects to produce between 160-180KOz Au at cash and AISC of USD $1400-1600 and USD $1,625-1,700 per Oz Au sold respectively. At Mercedes mine, Sonora, the company mined 125K tonnes and processed 161K tonnes of 2.30 g/t Au during Q4, 2021 to produce 11,35K Oz Au. It sold 10.3K Oz Au and reported revenue of USD $18.9M and cash and AISC of USD $1,091 and USD $1,584 respectively. For the full year, the company mined 348K tonnes and processed 398K tonnes of 2.59 g/t Au to produce 31.8K Oz Au, It sold 30.9K Oz Au, and reported revenue of USD $56.9M , and cash and AISC of USD $966 and USD $1,357 per Oz Au respectively. On Dec 16, 2021, Equinox entered into an agreement to sell Mercedes mine to Bear Creek.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd., increased its previously announced non-brokered private placement by up to 5M unit for aggregate proceeds of up to $1.25M. The company plans to use the gross proceeds to fund advancement of its San Diego project in Durango.
- Pan American Silver Corp., declared dividend of $0.12 per common share under new dividend policy. The cash dividend of $0.12 per common share, or approximately $25.3M in aggregate cash dividends, is payable on or about March 21, 2022 (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas).
- Gold Resource Corporation declared its quarterly dividend of $0.01 per common share for Q1, 2022 to shareholders (Arista mine, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., announced that it completed a 2,424 m drill program in 11 holes on the Noria portion at its La Joya project in Durango. Aim of the drill program was target development and testing for possible structural extensions of known mineralized zones identified in historical drilling. Assays are pending and drilling is on standby until the company receives assay results and gets an interpretation.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., informed that it has contracted Cominvi, an underground mine contractor, to commence the rehabilitation of the historic El Tigre mine. “Initial rehabilitation will begin on the Level 7 main entry to the Historic El Tigre Mine to allow access to the Sooy Vein, El Tigre Vein and the Seitz Kelly Vein in contemplation of underground channel sampling, drilling and bulk sampling on those veins and the black shale horizon”.
- Alamos Gold Inc., updated mineral reserves and resources as of December 31, 2021. The company increased its mineral reserves at Mulatos mine 14% to 1.5M Oz Au (29.4M tonnes of 1.64 g/t Au) with a 32% increase in grades reflecting the addition of higher-grade underground mineral reserves at Puerto del Aire, which is adjacent to the main Mulatos pit. The company reported proven + probable reserves for 29.36M tonnes of 1.64 g/t Au for a total of 1.54M Oz Au contained. It also reported Measured + Indicated resources for 8.2M tonnes of 1.34 g/t Au for a total of 353K Oz Au and Inferred resources for 1.72M tonnes of 1.06 g/t Au for a total of 59K Oz Au contained. The remaining mineral reserve mine of life of the Mulatos district is approximately six years as of December 31, 2021 (excluding the underground mineral reserves of Puerto del Aire Deposit.
- Pan American Silver Corp., released results for 20 new infill and exploration holes drilled at its la Colorada mine in Zacatecas. Drill highlights include hole U-83-21 with 64 g/t Ag, 0.06% Cu, 1.9% Pb, and 3.8% Zn over 322.85m, including 178 g/t Ag, 0.06% Cu, 4.3% Pb, and 6.3% Zn over 64.90m; hole S-73-21 with 76 g/t Ag, 0.36% Cu, 4.2% Pb, and 9.5% Zn over 78.55m, including 91 g/t Ag, 0.46% Cu, 5.2% Pb, and 11.4% Zn over 58.1m; hole D-73-01-21 with 79 g/t Ag, 0.29% Cu, 2.2% Pb, and 5.7% Zn over 159 m, including 112 g/t Ag, 0.45% Cu, 3.2% Pb, and 8.1% Zn over 99.2m; hole D-71-01-21 with 48 g/t Ag, 0.05% Cu, 3% Pb, and 5.8% Zn over 44.65m, including 100 g/t Ag, 0.28% Cu, 7.3% Pb, and 7.1% Zn over 15.95m; hole D71-03-21 with 60 g/t Ag, 0.09% Cu, 2.1% Pb, and 3.2% Zn over 22.1m, and 42 g/t Ag, 0.07% Cu, 1.2% Pb, and 3.9% Zn over 55.60m, and 91 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 4.8% Pb, and 8% Zn over 191.85m; and hole D-21-02-21 with 59 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 1.2% Pb, and 3.8% Zn over 219.90m, including 51 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 2% Pb, and 6.1% Zn over 91.3m.
- Prime Mining Corp., announced results from its first drill program at the Guadalupe West deposit within its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Twelve new holes, of which seven were diamond holes and 5 were RC holes are reported and drill highlights include hole 21GW-12R with 1.68 g/t Au and 26 g/t Ag over a true width (TW) of 19.8m; hole 21GW-07 with 1.6 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.6m, and 1.92 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag over a TW of 17.7m; hole 21GW-02 with 1.82 g/t Au and 52 g/t Ag over 4.8m, and 0.53 g/t Au and 15 g/t Ag over a TW of 27.6m; hole 21GW-01 with 1.08 g/t Au and 38 g/t Ag over a TW of 3.6m; and hole 21GW-11R with 0.9 g/t Au and 63 g/t Ag over a TW of 4.3m.
- Stroud Resources Ltd., commenced its phase 2 diamond drilling program, which will consist of 3,500m targeting the newly discovered Zopilotes Vein, the Guadalupe Vein, and the La Raya Vein, within its Santo Domingo project in Jalisco. “The company’s current drilling permit covers 13 drill pads (drill setups) located across the property. A second drilling permit will be submitted seeking additional drill pad locations to facilitate further delineation of the three known mineralized vein systems and other exploration targets”.
- Mithril Resources Ltd., reported positive results from the metallurgical testwork conducted at its Copalquin project in Durango. The company reported that the final overall recoveries after leaching of the flotation products were 96.5% for gold and 96.1% for silver.
- Newmont Corporation reported mineral reserves and resources for their Peñasquito and Noche Buena properties in Zacatecas as of December 31, 2021. At Peñasquito, Zacatecas, Newmont reported Proven Reserves of 115M tonnes of 0.61 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, 0.9% Zn, and 0.4% Pb for a total of 2.25M Oz Au, 141.5M Oz Ag, 2.38 B Lb Zn, and 940M Lb Pb and Probable Reserves of 247M tonnes of 0.51 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 0.7% Zn, and 0.3% Pb for a total of 4.08M Oz Au, 252.4M Oz Ag, 3.87 B Lb Zn, and 1.64 B Lb Pb. Proven + Probable Reserves are 362M tonnes of 0.54 g/t Au, 34 g/t Ag, 0.8% Zn, and 0.3% Pb for a total of 6.33M Oz Au, 393.9M Oz Ag, 6.25 B Lb Zn, and 2.58 B Lb Pb. Measured Resources are 31.4M tonnes of 0.27 g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag, 0.7% Zn, and 0.3% Pb for a total of 280K Oz Au, 26M Oz Ag, 460M Lb Zn, and 200M Lb Pb, and Indicated Resources of 176.6M tonnes of 0.27 g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag, 0.6% Zn, and 0.3% Pb for a total of 1.5M Oz Au, 149.6M Oz Ag, 2.2 B Lb Zn, and 1.02 B Lb Pb. Measured + Indicated Resources are 208M tonnes of 0.27g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag, 0.6%Zn, and 0.3% Pb for a total of 1.78M Oz Au, 175.6M Oz Ag, 2.69 B Lb Zn, and 1.23 B Lb Pb. Inferred Resources are 89.8M tonnes of 89.8M tonnes of 0.4 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 0.5% Zn, and 0.2% Pb for a total of 1.16M Oz Au, 80.84M Oz Ag, 1.07 B Lb Zn, and 480M Lb Pb. At Noche Buena, Zacatecas (50% attributable to Newmont), it reported Indicated Resources of 21M tonnes of 0.37 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag for a total of 250K Oz Au and 9.4M Oz Ag, and Inferred Resources of 1.6M tonnes of 1.07 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag for a total of 230K Oz Au and 570K Oz Ag. Resources are reported exclusive of Reserves.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Benjamin Hill Mining Corp., granted 1.4.M options exercisable at $0.44 per common share of which 980K options granted to directors/officers shall have a term of 5 years, and 500K options granted to a consultant shall have a term of 2 years (Sonora Gold project, Sonora).
- Monumental Minerals Corp., announced the appointment of its CEO (Jemi project, Coahuila).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its Chief Sustainability Officer, effective march 1, 2022 (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
- SSR Mining Inc., informed that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its Pitarrilla silver project in Durango to Endeavour Silver Corp., for a total consideration of up to USD $127M. This consideration includes USD $35M in cash, USD $35M in Endeavour shares, and a 1.25% Net Smelter Return (“NSR”) royalty on the Pitarrilla property.
- Riverside Resources Inc., signed an agreement with Agnico Eagle for the sale of the Pima property located in Sonora. Riverside will receive cash and completes the pass through royalty transfer with Millrock Resources Inc.
- Sierra Metals Inc., announced the appointment of a new member to its Board of Directors (Bolivar mine, Chihuahua).
- Great Panther Mining Limited informed about the resignation of its President and CEO and announced the appointment of his replacement on an interim basis (Topia mine, Durango).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Esperanza Silver, supported the first generation of 14 people between women and men who accredited the upper secondary level as a results of an alliance in favor of the education integrated for inhabitants of the community of San Agustin Tetlama and Esperanza Silver.
- Grupo México offered employment to 100 women in Santa Bárbara, Chihuahua. Andrés Torres, general secretary of the Section 11 Miners’ Union reported that by 2022 there is a goal of employing a hundred women in the different areas of the companies.
- Minera Peñasquito (Newmont) delivered the inhabitants of the community of Nuevo Peñasco, belonging to Ejido Cedros, in Mazapil, the remodeling and rehabilitation of their plaza, as part of Newmont Peñasquito’s commitment to creating shared value in the communities in its area of influence. Additionally, the company provided 27 trees of different species, the same that were planted throughout the square.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a quartz vein from a low sulphidation epithermal vein project in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
La última frontera en el planeta, los grandes fondos abisales marinos, contienen enormes volúmenes de minerales estratégicos como cobre, níquel, cobalto, manganeso, y tierras raras, además de oro, plata y platino, fundamentales para la transición energética y la lucha contra el calentamiento global.
Fuente: El Economista
Vancouver, BC, February 25, 2022 – Great Panther Mining Limited (TSX:GPR; NYSE-A:GPL) (“Great
Panther” or the “Company”), a growth-oriented precious metals producer focused on the Americas,
announces that Mr. Rob Henderson is stepping down as President, Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and
Director of the Board for personal reasons, effective immediately. Mr. Henderson is succeeded on an
interim basis by Mr. Alan Hair, the Company’s current Chair of the Board of Directors. A transition plan to
the appointment of a permanent CEO will be developed in due course.