CALGARY, Nov. 14, 2018 /CNW/ – PRIZE MINING CORPORATION (“Prize” or the “Company”) (TSXV:PRZ) (OTCQB:PRZFF) (MQSP:GR:FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce that the first four drill holes at the Manto Negro Copper Project in Coahuila State, Mexico have returned consistent widths and grades of copper-silver mineralization. In addition, continued surface channel sampling has extended the potential strike length of the mineralized horizon in the Pilar Grande area to more than four kilometres.
Banded quartz texture
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 45th week of the year (November 5th to November 11th, 2018), at least 36 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with thirteen communicating mining activities, seven disclosing deals and corporate issues, seven informing on exploration results, six announcing financing issues, and 3 reporting on advances on their properties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro commenced the road construction and building of drill pads on its Los Venados project, San Marco Resources announced the commencement of a drilling program at its Chunibas project, Sonoro reported drill results from its Cerro Caliche project, and Minaurum discovered two new vein zones at its Alamos Silver project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals completed a 40 line-km ground magnetometer survey at its Monclova project. ON MINING, Alio Gold, Americas Silver, Argonaut, Avino, Consolidated Zinc, First Majestic, Fortuna Silver, Hecla, Pan American Silver, Premier Gold, Santacruz Mining, and US Antimony reported production results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Auxico Gold closed a non-brokered private placement for $315K. GoGold closed the US$12M sale of the Santa Gertrudis royalty with Metalla Royalty and Streaming Ltd. Impact Silver announced a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M. Telson Mining received $5M from Trafigura Mexico for the second tranche of the loan agreement announced on December 18, 2017. Silver Spruce consolidated its common shares and proposed to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M. Golden Minerals reported its Q3 2018 financial results. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Kootenay designed a drilling program aimed to expand resources at its la Cigarra deposit in Chihuahua. Hecla released in-fill drilling results for its San Sebastian mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Capstone Mining made reductions to its organizational structure (Cozamin mine, Zacatecas). Defiance Silver and ValOro Resources signed a definitive merger agreement (San Acacio project, Zacatecas). Golden Goliath announced that Desarrollos Mineros El Aguila (subsidiary of Fresnillo plc) exercised the option agreement on its Uruachic project in Chihuahua. New Gold (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi) and Prize Mining (Manto Negro project, Coahuila) appointed their Chief Financial Officer respectively. Golden Reign and Marlin Gold completed business combination to form Mako Mining Corp (La Trinidad mine, Sinaloa).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
No relevant news.
- Aloro Mining Corp., commenced a 3.6km road construction and building of 12 permitted drill pads at its Los Venados project in Sonora. “The road construction will open up new exposures for sampling in mineralized areas and structure that were previously undercover”.
- San Marco Resources, commenced a drilling program at its Chunibas project in Sonora where they have a JV agreement with Antofagasta plc. The drilling program will consists of initial 1,500m comprised in six holes with the goal of testing down dip and along strike high-grade Cu-Ag mineralized mantos hosted in volcanic rocks in different stratigraphic levels. The manto-type mineralization has been identified along a corridor of 1.7km long and at least 300m wide.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., reported results from the initial 13 drill holes from its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Significant intersections are: Hole SCR-002 with 27.43m of 0.6 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-003 with 30.48m of 0.5 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-004 with 39.62m of 0.9 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag, including 6.09m of 2.9 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-005 with 10.67m of 0.7 g/t Au and 21 g/t Ag, and 10.67m of 0.6 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-006 with 10.67m of 1.2 g/t Au and 21 g/t Ag, including 6.1m of 2 g/t Au and 26 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-007 with 22.86m of 0.9 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag, including 4.57m of 2.2 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag; and SCR-008 with 36.58m of 0.5 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag. “The drilling has further confirmed that mineralization in the Los Japoneses zone remains open in all directions, including at depth.”
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered two new vein zones at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora: the San Jose vein, a NNE trend structure hosted in a fault zone which can be traced for at least 3km long, and the Santa Rosa vein, a stringer-quartz veinlets structural zone that runs for at least 300m along strike. The discovery of the new veins was through its ongoing district-scale reconnaissance program. Sampling on the San Jose vein returned grades ranging from anomalous up to 1,995 g/t Ag, 2.5% Cu, and 1.9% Zn, while sampling on the Santa Rosa vein only retuned anomalous values.
- Discovery Metals Corp., completed a 40 line-km ground magnetic survey at its Monclova project in Coahuila to cover three targets: Real Viejo with 23 lines spaced 50m apart, Corrales with 17 lines spaced 100m apart, and Soledad with 12 lines spaced 50m apart. “Results of the Real Viejo survey highlight a linear magnetic high parallel to the mapped mineralized and altered zone along the southern boundary of the Monclova intrusive complex centered on the Project. This suggests continuity of the alteration and/or mineralization along the contact and provides support for the holes planned to test this zone. Interestingly, similar magnetic high zones occur across the neighboring Corrales target. Both linear magnetic highs as well as linear lows are highlighted by the survey and represent prospective targets on the Project. Results at the northern Soledad grid also highlight similar geometries”.
- Alio Gold Inc., reported Q3 production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Alio produced 11.6K Oz Au and 3.9K Oz Ag at an AISC of $1,315 per Oz produced.
- Americas Silver Corporation, produced 323K Oz Ag, 7.5M Lb Pb, and 7.9M Lb Zn during the Q3-2018 from its Cosala operations in Sinaloa and Galena Complex in Idaho.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the El Castillo mine in Durango, Argonaut mined 2, 267,000 tonnes of 0.33 g/t Au, to produce 10.3K Oz Au and 4.8K Oz Ag (10.4K GEOs or Gold Eq Oz). At the San Agustin mine in Durango, the company mined 1, 747,000 tonnes of 0.34 g/t Au to produce 15.7K Oz Au and 52.9K Oz Ag (16.5K GEOs). At its La Colorada mine in Sonora, Argonaut mined 1.2M tonnes of 0.33 g/t Au to produce 7K Oz Au and 16.2K Oz Ag (7.3K GEOs).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., milled 193, 645 tonnes during Q3 2018 to produce 2.2K Oz Au, 342K Oz Ag, and 992K Lb Cu (704.4K Oz Ag Eq) at an AISC of $11.15 per payable Oz Ag Eq.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, reported the October 2018 production from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The company milled 237 tonnes of 12.9% Zn and 3.3 % Pb to produce 68.3K Lb Zn and 17.6K Lb Pb.
- First Majestic Silver Corporation, released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. The table below shows the quarterly operating and cost parameters at each of the mining operations:
- Fortuna Silver Mines Ltd., milled 262, 710 tonnes during Q3 2018 at grades of 1.6 g/t Au and 258 g/t Ag to produce 12.4K Oz Au and 1.99M Oz Ag, with metallurgical recoveries of 91% for Au and Ag.
- Hecla Mining Company, released Q3 production results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. During Q3 2018, Hecla produced 3.7K Oz Au and 522K Oz Ag.
- Pan American Silver Corp, reported Q3 2018 production results from each of their mining operations. At La Colorada, Zacatecas the company produced 1.1K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag. At its Dolores mine in Chihuahua, Pan American Silver produced 33.1K Oz Au and 1M Oz Ag.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced Q3 2018 production results from its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company processed 159,608 tonnes of 3.52 g/t Au and 39 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 96.6% and 43.7% respectively, to produce 17.5K Oz Au and 88.4K Oz Ag at an AISC of $1,059 per Oz produced.
- Santacruz Silver Mining , released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican mining operations. At Veta Grande, Zacatecas, the company processed 42,011 tonnes with 0.26 g/t Au, 77 g/t Ag, 0.8% Pb and 1.94 % Zn to produce 140 Oz Au, 62.2K Oz Ag, 590.8K Lb Pb and 952.4K Lb Zn. At El Rosario, San Luis Potosi, Santacruz processed 15,965 tonnes of 0.26 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb and 1.6% Zn to produce 85 Oz Au, 18.4K Oz Ag, 72.7K Lb Pb, and 467.4 Lb Zn.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., processed 1,246,000 tonnes with 2.6 g/t Au during Q3 2018 from its El Limon-Guajes Mine Complex in Guerrero. The quarterly production was 100.4K Oz Au with a metallurgical recovery of 89%.
- US Antimony Corporation, released its September and October 2018 production results. In September, US Antimony produced 141.2 K Lb Sb and 1,394 tonnes of zeolites, while in October produced 123.5 Lb Sb and 1,065 tonnes of zeolites.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $315K (Zamora project, Sinaloa).
- GoGold Resources Inc., closed the US$12M sale of its Santa Gertrudis royalty with Metalla Royalty and Streaming Ltd. GoGold took US$6M of the US$12M sale price in common shares of Metalla, which represent 9.9% of the Metalla shares outstanding.
- Impact Silver Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M to explore its Zacualpan project in Mexico State for additional high potential precious metals as well as Au-Cu targets.
- Telson Mining Corporation, received $5M from Trafigura Mexico S.A. de C.V., for the second tranche of the loan agreement for the construction of its 1,000 tpd Tahuehueto mine in Durango.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., consolidated its common shares and proposed to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M. The consolidation of its common shares is one new share for five old shares.
- Golden Minerals Company, reported revenue of approximately $1.9M in Q3 2018 related to the oxide plant lease and costs of approximately $0.7M related to the services Golden provides under the terms of the lease, for a net margin of $1.2M. Other operating income of $3.2 million included $3.0 million from the sale of Golden’s remaining interest in the Celaya project in Guanajuato to The Electrum Group LLC, as well as pro‐rated income from the farm‐out of the Company’s Zacatecas properties to Santacruz Silver. Exploration expenses were $1.1 million in the third quarter, reflecting increased exploration and project evaluation activities at the Santa Maria project in Chihuahua as well as other projects in Mexico.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Kootenay Silver Inc., designed a program of 15,000m of drilling over 62 holes aimed to expand resources along the extensions of its La Cigarra deposit in Chihuahua. The drilling program will be conducted on four target areas where the company believes there is untested potential to increase resources. “The plan would entail primarily exploration step out drilling of known mineralization and some infill drilling of the successful La Borracha program earlier this year”. “The four areas Kootenay plans to target are the La Borracha high grade (the mineralized trend located 1,000 meters northwest from the northern boundary of the Resource), the La Borracha Connection (connecting La Borracha with the San Gregorio area of the Resource), Gap (a very under drilled area between the main San Gregorio and Las Carolinas zones that currently comprise the Resource) and the Carolinas Extension (the strike extension of the Resource to the southeast)”.
- Hecla Mining Company, released in-fill drilling results for its San Sebastian mine in Durango. The in-fill drilling was conducted in the central portion of the polymetallic zone along the Francine Vein. Additionally, exploration core drilling was also conducted toward shallower oxide mineralization along the West and East Francine vein areas, the recently discovered South Vein, and at the Esperanza Vein target area. At the Francine vein, the in-fill drilling program intersected high grade mineralization. Highlights include 1.37m of 591 g/t Ag, 4.8% Cu, 16% Pb and 13.5% Zn and 2.25m of 227 g/t Ag, 1.8% Cu, 3.5% Pb, and 6% Zn. The drilling also intercepted narrow but high-grade mineralization along the East Francine vein on new zones of vein-hosted oxide mineralization. Significant intersections are 1.46m of 485 g/t Ag and 0.3 g/t Au, and 2.83m of 299 g/t Ag and 2.2 g/t Au. Mineralization in this area is defined over 1,200 feet along strike and 800 feet down-dip and this new zone could represent an important new source of oxide mineralization. At the West Francine vein, the drilling program encountered also narrow intervals of high grade. Highlights include 0.64m of 1,791 g/t Ag and 0.62 g/t Au. Mineralization in this area is open laterally and at depth. Follow-up, offset drilling is in progress. At the Esperanza vein, exploration drilling commenced but results are pending. Reconnaissance RC drilling discovered a new blind vein under soil cover in the Saladillo Valley. This new vein, referred as the South vein, intercepted significant mineralized intervals such as 2.83m of 392 g/t Ag and 2.5 g/t Au, 2.86m of 187 g/t Ag and 0.93 g/t Au, and 2.86m of 174 g/t Ag and 1.24 g/t Au. Drilling for the remainder of the year will continue to focus on expanding resources and evaluate near-surface oxide mineralization at the West Francine Vein, South Vein, and Esperanza Vein areas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Capstone Mining Corp., announced management changes and made reduction of its organizational structure to improve financial and operating performance and save approximately $5M per year in corporate general and administrative expenses (Cozamin mine, Zacatecas).
- Defiance Silver Corp., and ValOro Resources Inc., signed a definitive merger agreement dated on November 5, 2018. The ValOro shareholders will receive 0.71 common shares of Defiance for each share of ValOro held. “Upon completion of the Transaction, the combined company will have approximately 119 million common shares outstanding, of which former shareholders of Defiance will own approximately 87% and the former shareholders of ValOro will own approximately 13%” (San Acacio project, Zacatecas).
- Golden Goliath Resources Ltd., announced that Desarrollos Mineros El Aguila S.A. de C.V., a wholly subsidiary of Fresnillo plc, exercised the option agreement on its Uruachic project in Chihuahua by making a final payment of US$2.3M. Golden Goliath still holds a royalty on the several optioned properties in the Uruachic mining district.
- Golden Reign Resources and Marlin Gold Mining Ltd., completed business combination to form Mako Mining Corp. Prior to the closing of the arrangement, the companies completed the amendment to the Gold Purchase Agreement with Sailfish Royalty Corp., and the Marlin reorganization.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, banded quartz texture in a hot spring epithermal system in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 44th week of the year (October 29th to November 4th, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Prize Mining, Southern Silver, Kootenay, Excellon, Colibri, Golden Minerals and Galore released advances in exploration. Consolidated Zinc and Telson released news on mining, while Endeavour, Excellon and Great Panther reported Q3 financial results. Aloro Mining and Sonoro Metals reported news related to financing. Goldplay and SilverCrest reported on advances on its properties, while Silver Bull presented an updated resource base. Marlin Gold and Golden Reign advance on their acquisition agreement and Colibri entered into a purchase agreement with Yaque Minerals. Golden Minerals is acquiring the Yoquivo property in Chihuahua. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX presented figures on the state of the mining industry in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri described its El Mezquite and Jackie projects. In Chihuahua Golden Minerals released high-grade results from its Yoquivo project, and Kootenay presented interesting results from early exploration on its Mecatona project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining is doing regional exploration on its Manto Negro project. In Durango, Southern Silver presented significant results from drilling on its CLM West claim group. In Zacatecas, Galore has received permit to drill on its El Alamo claim. ON FINANCING, Sonoro has completed a private placement for $500 K. Aloro Mining completed its placement for gross proceeds of C$800 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay reported results from sampling historical core at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Silver Bull presented an updated resource on its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. SilverCrest presented high-grade results from infill drilling at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. A PEA is to be completed for a 1,000 to 1,500 tonne/day underground operation. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Reign, Marlin Gold and Sailfish Royalties continue to advance its purchase agreement. Colibri Resource is to acquire Yaque Minerals S.A. de C.V. owned by OnTop Capital. Golden Minerals holds an option to acquire the Yoquivo property in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- In AIMMGM’s past conference in October, Fernando Alnis from CAMIMEX (Cámara Minera de México) presented figures from the mining industry in Mexico. Mineral royalties collected US$220 M in 2017, adding up to US$631 M on the last four years. An additional US$248 M were invested by companies in the communities and environment where they are located. Just in mining duties over concessions amounted to US$132.9 M. In the attractiveness index for investment, Mexico has gone from the 11th place in 2011 to the 44th place in 2018. At the same time our direct competitors for investment in the mining industry are doing better, Peru passed from the 39th to the 19th position, and Chile from the 6th to the 8th position. Points suggested to make of Mexico a mining country include improvements in security, a better infrastructure (railways, ports), certainty on land rights, a common ground with other mining countries in fiscal terms, administrative efficiency in the application and issuing of mining concession titles and certainty and transparency in the timely granting of permits.
- Prize Mining Corp. engaged a consultant to compile a GIS database for a regional exploration program on its 17,659 ha Manto Negro project in Coahuila. The 3,000 m drill program continues with its focus on the Granizo and Pilar Grande areas.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported drill results from its CLM West claim group, adjacent to its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. One of three holes intercepted 3.0 m @ 168 g/t Ag, while the other two returned strong (up to 0.1%) arsenic and antimony anomalies. “The mineralization represents the first significant silver intercept identified on the CLM West claim group where drilling is targeting new Ag-Au epithermal systems”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. staked 2,857 ha in Chihuahua, creating the Mecatona project. The Ag dominant epithermal system is hosted in veins and breccias, with one anomalous structure running for more than 1.7 km, and another zone hosting stockworks and quartz veinlets in an 80 m wide argillic alteration zone. Results from 78 samples collected at the property are as high as 735 g/t Ag, 6.94 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 8.0% Zn.
- Excellon Resources Inc. received title to concessions that increases its land position to over 45,000 hectares on its consolidated “Evolución” property, within the Miguel Auza district in Durango, along strike to HECLA’s San Sebastian mine. As announced in previous press releases, initial drilling has already shown broad mineralized intersections with anomalous Au, Ag, Pb, Zn, “including discrete higher‐grade zones of carbonate veining, bladed calcite and silica with galena, sphalerite and pyrite”.
- Colibri Resource Corp. described the El Mezquite and Jackie projects in Sonora, its new properties through the acquisition of Yaque Minerals S.A. de C.V. from On Top Capital Ltd. The 180 hectares Mezquite project contains an alteration zone 2 km by 1 km , within which are at least four zones of sulfide oxidation related to contacts with a silicified feldspar porphyry. Assay results from 321 rock chip samples returned 42 samples over 0.1 g/t Au, averaging 0.74 g/t Au and up to 3.41 g/t Au, 198 g/t Ag. The 1,130 ha Jackie project is 2 km south of El Mezquite, and abuts to the east with the Santana project, owned by Minera Alamos.
- Golden Minerals Co. released high-grade results from sampling at its Yoquivo project in Chihuahua. Highlighted results comprise 6 m @ 5.9 g/t Au, 937 g/t Ag; 6 m @ 1.7 g/t Au, 399 g/t Ag from the Pertenencia vein. 4 m @ 2.3 g/t Au, 489 g/t Ag from the Central breccia zone. 2.9 m @ 1.7 g/t Au, 345 g/t Ag from the San Francisco vein. To date 756 samples have been collected, identifying a series of low-sulfidation quartz veins and breccias. A regional exploration program was launched to search for additional veins.
- Galore Resources Inc. has been granted permits to begin a 12-hole, 3,000 m diamond core drill program at its El Alamo claim in Zacatecas. El Alamo consists of Cretaceous sediments, mostly limestone with some siltstone and chert, and major faults bounding the project. Alteration and mineralization are represented by silicification and iron-oxide bodies after sulfides. Some of the higher grade gold values are associated with extensively iron-oxide jasperoid breccias. A shallow drill percussion camping collared 35 holes in 2012, and defined a 500 long by 200 wide target zone.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. presented its September 2018 quarterly activities report. The Group entered a 12 month toll treatment and offtake purchase agreement with Grupo Mexico to treat its ore at the Santa Eulalia’s concentrator plant, with mining at the Plomosas mine in Chihuahua beginning on September 13th 2018. A detailed costing study (DCS) was completed and incorporated into a bankable feasibility study (BFS). “During the quarter the Mexican Environmental Authority (PROFEPA) provided the Company with an MIA Exception (EPA exception) for the mine and processing plant area”. Cash balance at the end of the period was $0.61 M.
- Telson Mining Corp. reported concluding a renewable power purchase agreement for its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The ten-year agreement sets the price for consuming 42.00 GW per year at a price that is 32% lower than the last nine-month average price paid at the site.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported third quarter 2018 financial results. During the period silver production (1.43 M Oz) increased 13% and gold (12,968 Oz) decreased by 5%, with a silver equivalent production of 2.4 M Oz, and the Terronera pre-feasibility study was completed with improved project economics. On the financial side a net loss of $5.5 M was recorded, with EBITDA decreasing 8% to $5.6 M, mine operating cash flow decreased 20% to $9.6 M, cash cost rose to $8.86 per Oz Ag (net of gold credits) and All-in sustaining cost fell to $16.14 per Oz Ag, with a working capital of $57.4 M, whilst $5.6 M were raised through ATM financing.
- Excellon Resources Inc. reported financial results for the third quarter 2018. During the period 10,974 of ore were produced, 17,907 tonnes processed (ore and stockpile), grading 416 g/t Ag, 3.47% Pb, 4.33% Zn (for ore) and 151 g/t Ag,1.36% Pb, 1.45% Zn (stockpile), recovering 89.9% Ag, 74.2% Pb, 78.2% Zn to produce 171.2 K Oz Ag, 824 K Lb Pb, 1,005 K Lb Zn. Revenue was $2.6 M ($7.6 M a year earlier) for a gross loss of $3.5 M from operations, cash cost of $29.94 per Ag Oz and All-in sustaining cost of $44.02 per Ag Oz. Financial results were impacted by lower production, lower by-product prices and associated price adjustments. Management changes were made at the Platosa mine, and now production and development rates have increased.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. presented third quarter 2018 financial results. During the period 92.9 K tonnes were milled to produce 448.8 K Oz Ag, 4,737 Oz Au (adding to 1.023 M Oz AgEq) at cash cost $12.79 per Ag Oz ($13.59 per AgEq Ag Oz), all-in sustaining cost $19.74 ($16.56 per AgEq Oz). The revenue was $11.7 M, with a net loss of 3.642 M, EBITDA of $(3.679) and a networking capital at end of period of $57.9 M. Lower metal prices, lower production levels and a large concentrate load that could not be shipped before the end of the period impacted on the lower results.
- Aloro Mining Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of C$800 K. Agnico Eagle, which owns 8.7% of Aloro shares, bought half the issued shares. (Los Venados, Sonora).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. completed a non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $500 K (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. reported results from sampling historical drill core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. These results are said to support the open pit potential for the historical NI-43-101 resource at the property. Highlighted results comprise 47.8 m (TW) @ 93 g/t AgEq (including 17.3 m @ 160 g/t AgEq); 42.0 m @ 61 g/t AgEq (including 24.8 m @ 79 g/t AgEq); 9.4 m @ 126 g/t AgEq.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. provided an updated NI43-101 resource report for the Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The open pit resource includes a high grade zinc zone of 13.5 M tonnes @ 11.2% Zn and a high grade silver zone with 15.2 M tonnes @ 114.9 g/t Ag. The total measured and indicated resources 70.4 M tonnes @ 38.6 g/t Ag, 3.4% Zn containing 5.354 billion pounds zinc and 87.4 M ounces silver.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. is to complete a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for Las Chispas project in Sonora. A 1,000 to 1,500 tonne per day underground mining operation is being considered, with a counter-current decantation facility and Merrill Crowe recovery circuit similar to the nearby Santa Elena and Mercedes mines. Cyanidation with a possible add-on flotation circuit followed by intense leaching is being evaluated for the higher-grade ore, to raise the 86% Ag, 98% Au recovery with standard cyanidation only. SilverCrest is proceeding with the construction of a 500 m long, 4.5 m wide, 4.0 m high decline, and drifting 600 to 800 m along the mineralized structure to collect information on vein grade, width continuity, grade reconciliation, mineability and bulk sampling.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. reported the best drill intercept to date for its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Results from 7 drill holes from the in-fill program were released, with highlighted intervals (TW) comprising 9.9 m @ 14.4 g/t Au, 2,132 g/t Ag (this is the best intercept to date, including 4.5 m @ 30.3 g/t Au, 4,498 g/t Ag); 3.8 m @ 6.78 g/t Au, 1,090 g/t Ag; 3.5 m @ 33.06 g/t Au, 2,092 g/t Ag; 11.1 m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 580 g/t Ag; 5.1 m @ 4.16 g/t Au, 197 g/t Ag; The weighted average for the five holes on the Area 51 is 6.0 m @ 11.41 g/t Au, 1,369 g/t Ag. A total of 351 holes have been collared, for 94,735 m of core, with 119 drill intercepts grading more than 1,000 g/t AgEq.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sailfish Royalty Corp. announced its shareholders voted in favor of the restructuring of the company’s gold stream on the San Albino project. The stream restructuring is a condition to the closing of the transaction in which Golden Reign Resources Ltd. will acquire all issued shares of Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. (Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. shareholders voted in favour of a special resolution to approve the plan of arrangement and certain connected transactions, pursuant to which Golden Reign Resources Ltd. (“Golden Reign”) will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Marlin (Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Golden Reign Resources Ltd. and Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. have been granted the final court order from the Supreme Court of British Columbia approving the plan of arrangement pursuant to which Golden Reign will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Marlin (Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Colibri Resource Corp. entered into a share purchase agreement with OnTop Capital Ltd. to purchase all issued and outstanding shares of Yaque Minerals S. A. de C.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of OnTop. Yaque assets consist of El Mezquite and Jackie mineral exploration properties close to the Santana project owned by Minera Alamos in Sonora. “As consideration for the Transaction, Colibri has agreed to issue a convertible debenture in the amount of $1 million CDN bearing an annual interest rate of 2.5% which is convertible at any time, in whole or in part, over the next 5 years into common shares of Colibri at $0.20 per share for a total of up to 5 million shares”.
- Golden Minerals Co. holds an option to purchase the six concessions that comprise the 2,367 hectares Yoquivo property in Chihuahua, for payments totaling $0.5 M over four years and subject to a 2% NSR royalty.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, intermediate composition dike with chilled margins intruding andesitic volcanic rocks in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Vancouver, BC: Galore Resources Inc. (TSX-V: GRI) (the “Company”) is pleased to
announce that Minerales Galore S.A, De CV., Galore Resources Inc.’s wholly owned
subsidiary in Mexico, has been granted permits to begin a 3,000-meter diamond core drill program at Galore’s 100% owned El Alamo claim.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 43th week of the year (October 22th to October 28th, 2018), at least 29 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven communicating mining activities, seven reporting on resources and developments, five disclosing deals and corporate issues, five announcing financing issues, and four informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the 13th International Mining Congress Sonora 2018 was held in the city of Hermosillo, Sonora on October 23-26. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minera Alamos and Minaurum reported exploration results from theirs Santana and Alamos Silver projects respectively. In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold provided an update of the drilling program on its Cerro Cascaron project. In Zacatecas, Santacruz provided drill results from its Veta Grande project. ON MINING, Agnico, Excellon, Fresnillo, GoGold, Goldcorp, Hecla and New Gold reported Q3 2018 results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Consolidated Zinc raised $1.3M from its share purchase plan, and proposed to raise further $220K. Auxico announced that its common shares are already trading on the NEX Exchange Growth Market. Mexican Gold announced its intention to complete a non-brokered private placement of up to $3M. Oroco Resource increased its previous private placement to rise now up to $750K. Gold Resource declared monthly dividend to shareholders. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Almaden reported infill drilling results within the PFS pit from its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Goldcorp announced proven and probable mineral reserves for its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. Mexican Gold announced plans to update resources for its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Premier Gold commenced an underground drilling program at its Marianas/Mercedes mine in Sonora. Pan American Silver discovered wide mineralized zones at its La Colorada mine in Zacatecas. Torex reported infill drilling results for its Media Luna project in Guerrero. Azure released drill results from its Oposura project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Canasil signed a letter of intent providing for Pan American Silver to acquire Canasil´s interest in the Sandra-Escobar project in Durango. Prize Mining retained Link Media to provide communications and market awareness services (Manto Negro, Coahuila). Metalla provided an update on the royalty acquisition of the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora from GoGold. New Gold announced management changes (Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosi). Odyssey provided an update on legal filing for its Don Diego phosphate project in Baja California Sur.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The 13th International Mining Congress Sonora 2018, was held in Hermosillo, Sonora on October 23-26. Sonora is the top state for mining in all Mexico.
- Minera Alamos Inc., reported drill results of a new broad zone of Au-Ag mineralization from its Santana project in Sonora. Hole S18-121 intersected 95.7m of 0.85 g/t Au, 10 g/t Ag, and 0.33% Cu (1.47 g/t Au Eq), including 70m of 1.1 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, and 0.56% Cu (1.88 g/t Au Eq). “The hole is the first drilled deep enough to intersect this new style of polymetallic mineralization that is associated with an andesite porphyry unit related to disseminated pyrite and intrusive breccias. Based on surface exposures and known geology the mineralized system appears to be open to expansion in all directions”.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., released sampling results from the newly discovered Europa Sur Vein extension at its Alamo Silver project in Sonora. Significant results are 0.33 g/t Au, 1,205 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 1.4% Zn, and 3.2 % Cu; 0.8m of 479 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.5% Zn, and 3.19% Cu, and 2m of 0.15 g/t Au, 179 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 1.3% Zn, and 2.51% Cu. “With this newly discovered extension, the Europa-Guadalupe vein now measures 2.5 km in strike length and further expands the scope of Minaurum’s exploration program to find extensions of all other currently identified veins”.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, provided an update of the ongoing drilling program on its Cerro Cascaron Au-Ag project in Chihuahua. At Cascarita Silver target the drilling program is ongoing and currently focused on completing 600m in three holes. Once this target is drill tested, the crew will move to the Cascaron Vein Gold Field to drill three holes to test 900m of strike along the Serpiente Dorada and Julieta structures, and one hole to test beneath a high-grade Au-Ag surface samples across the Carabina vein.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., announced drilling results from its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and expanded the high-grade footprint. Highlights results are in Hole NA 18-006 with 2.15m (TW 1.95m) of 0.17 g/t Au, 669 g/t Ag, and 0.12% Cu, including 0.9m (TW 0.82m) of 29 g/t Au, 1,220 g/t Ag, and 0.12% Cu;
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., released Q3 2018 production results from its Mexican Operations. At Pinos Altos, Chihuahua, Agnico processed 508,000 tonnes of 2.96 g/t Au to produce 46.4K Oz Au. At Creston Mascota, Chihuahua, the company processed 309,000 tonnes of 0.84 g/t Au to produce 8K Oz Au. At La India, Sonora, Agnico processed 1,426,000 tonnes of 0.79 g/t Au to produce 27K Oz Au.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported Q3 2018 production results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. In this period, Excellon milled 17,907 tonnes of 416 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, and 4.3% Zn to produce 171.2K Oz Ag, 0.8M Lb Pb, and 1M Lb Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 89.9%, 74.2%, and 78.2% respectively.
- Fresnillo plc., announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At Fresnillo mine, Zacatecas, the company processed 613,794 tonnes of 0.68% Au, 211 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, and 1.8% Zn to produce 10.5K Oz Au, 3.7M Oz Ag, 11M Lb Pb, and 18.1M Lb Zn. At Saucito mine, Zacatecas, 713,441 tonnes were processed at grades of 1.34 g/t Au, 250 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, and 1.6% Zn to produce 23.6K Oz Au, 4.9M Oz Ag, 12.9M Lb Pb, and 17.7M Lb Zn. At the Pyrites Plant, Fresnillo processed 63,336 tonnes of 2.9g /t Au and 423 g/t Ag to produce 1.4K Oz Au and 423K Oz Ag. At La Cienega mine, Durango, the company processed 332,493 tonnes of 1.79 g/t Au, 169 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, and 0.9% Zn to produce 18.2K Oz Au, 1.54M Oz Ag, 2.47M Lb Pb, and 4.2M Lb Zn. At San Julian mine, Chihuahua, 332,836 tonnes were processed from the vein system with grades of 1.84 g/t Au and 137 g/t Ag to produce 18.5K Oz Au and 1.35M Oz Ag while 561,808 tonnes were processed from San Julian JM disseminated ore body with grades of 0.11 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 1.3% Zn to produce 9994 Oz Au, 2.3M Oz Ag, 2.8M Lb Pb, and 11.3M Lb Zn. At Herradura mine, Sonora, 5,859,579 tonnes were processed with grades of 0.76 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag to produce 109.6 Oz Au and 492K Oz Ag. At Noche Buena mine, Sonora, Fresnillo processed 4,834,512 tonnes of 0.52 g/t Au to produce 42.5K Oz Au.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q3 2018 production results from its Parral tailings operation in Chihuahua. GoGold produced 105.6K Oz Ag and 1,665 Oz Au.
- Goldcorp Inc., produced a total of 503K Oz Au during Q3 2018 from their mine operations. Goldcorp did not present separate production results by mines.
- Hecla Mining Company, produced in Q3 2018 over 3.7K Oz Au and 0.5M Oz Ag from its San Sebastian mine in Durango.
- New Gold Inc., reported Q3 2018 production results from its Cerro San Pedro operation in San Luis Potosi. New Gold produced 2K Oz Au and 0.1M Oz Ag from residual leaching.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, closed its share purchase plan on October 22, 2018, raising a total of $1.3M. The company also proposed to conduct a placement to raise a further $220K (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua).
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., announced that its common shares are already trading on the NEX Exchange Growth Market in London. (Zamora Mining District, Sinaloa).
- Mexican Gold Corp., notified its intention to complete a non-brokered private placement of up to $3M, the same that could be increased by up to 25% for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $3.75M. (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Oroco Resource Corp., announced that it has increased its previous private placement to raise net gross proceeds of up to $750K (Santo Tomas, Sinaloa).
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared monthly dividend of 1/6 of a cent for common share to shareholders (El Aguila mine, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., reported infill drilling results from its Ixtaca project in Puebla. The results are part of the PFS filed work program within the resource and mine plan area. Significant intersections are in Hole TU-18-543 with 127.40m of 1.15 g/t Au and 18 g/t Ag, including 34.50m of 2.08 g/t Au and 47 g/t Ag; Hole TU-18-544 with 145.50m of 1.83 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag, including 40m of 4 g/t Au and 35 g/t Ag, including 5.10m of 11.6 g/t Au and 87 g/t Ag; Hole TU-18-548 with 139.08m of 1.58 g/t Au and 17 g/t Ag, including 60.58m of 2.75 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag, including 28.50m of 4.33 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag; and Hole TU-18-550 with 131.50m of 1.51 g/t Au and 49 g/t Ag, including 21m of 7.5 g/t Au and 57 g/t Ag, including 9.70m of 15.18 g/t Au and 104 g/t Ag, and including 11.50m of 1.07 g/t Au and 89 g/t Ag.
- Goldcorp Inc., presented reserves and resource estimates as of June 30, 2018 for its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. Proven reserves are 376.43 M tonnes of 0.58 g/t Au, 35 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.8% Zn for a total of 6.97M Oz Au, 418.3M Oz Ag, 2,804M Lb Pb, and 6,314M Lb Zn. Probable reserves are 143.99M tonnes of 0.46 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.5% Zn for a total of 2.15M Oz Au, 109.3M Oz Ag, 809.6M Lb Pb, and 1,680.3M Lb Zn. Proven + Probable reserves are 520.41M tonnes of 0.55 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.7% Zn for a total of 9.1M Oz Au, 527.6M Oz Ag, 3,613.2M Lb Pb, and 7,994.5M Lb Zn. Measured resources are 94.03M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.6% Zn for a total of 0.76M Oz Au, 85.6M Oz Ag, 579.6M Lb Pb, and 1,161.2M Lb Zn. Indicated resources are 104.77M tonnes of 0.24 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.5% Zn for a total of 0.81M Oz Au, 76.7M Oz Ag, 610M Lb Pb, and 1,044.2M Lb Zn. Measured + Indicated resources are 198.8M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.5% Zn for a total content of 1.57M Oz Au, 162.3M Oz Ag, 1,189.6M Lb Pb, and 2,205.4M Lb Zn. In addition, inferred resources are 14.88m tonnes of 0.3 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.6% Zn for a total of 0.14M Oz Au, 6.4M Oz Ag, 54.1M Lb Pb, and 206.6M Lb Zn (Mineral resources are exclusive of mineral reserves).
- Mexican Gold Corp., announced plans to update mineral resources for its Las Minas project in Veracruz. It also announced plans to conduct 3,000m of drilling to update and expand its open pit modeled mineral resource at the El Dorado/Juan Bran and Santa Cruz zones.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, commenced an underground drilling program at its Marianas/Mercedes mine in Sonora, where previous drill results suggest to have the potential to contain economic mineralization of higher than the current reserve grades. The goal is to convert the Marianas mineral resources to mineral reserves. If the results are positive, mining at Marianas could begin in H2 2019.
- Pan American Silver Corp, discovered wide mineralized zones in limestone replacement mantos and thick intercepts of skarn below the current production levels at its la Colorada mine in Zacatecas. Drill highlights are in Hole U-39-18 with 223m of 69 g/t Ag, 1.9%Pb, and 3.4% Zn, including 32m of 227 g/t Ag; Hole U-30-18 with 71.6m of 54 g/t Ag, 2% Pb, and 5% Zn; Hole U-28-18 with 60.3m of 76 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, and 3.7% Zn; Hole U-32-18 with 46.3m of 54 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 4.4% Zn; Hole U-26-18 with 42.6m of 42 g/t Ag, 2.8% Pb, and 7% Zn, and other interval of 42m of 52 g/t Ag, 1.8% Pb, and 3.9% Zn; and Hole U-29-18 with 7.4m of 80 g/t Ag, 5.3% Pb, and 13.6% Zn, and other interval of 23.4m of 54 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 8.2% Zn. “These are extraordinary exploration results for our La Colorada mine, indicating the potential to substantially expand mineral resources, mine life and ultimately production capacity,”
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported infill drilling results for its Media Luna project in Guerrero. Highlights intercepts include Hole ML 18-222A with 39.15m of 5.24 g/t Au, 93 g/t Ag, and 2.27% Cu (10.54 g/t Au Eq); Hole ML 18-215 with 49.63m of 4.8 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu (7.0 g/t Au Eq); Hole ML 18-219W with 45.9m of 3.44 g/t Au, 59 g/t Ag, and 1.64% Cu (7.1 g/t Au Eq); and Hole ML 18-208W with 22.62m of 3.33 g/t Au, 87 g/t Ag, and 2.12% Cu (8.27 g/t Au Eq) (Intersections are reported as true thickness).
- Azure Minerals Limited, released drill results from its Oposura project in Sonora. Significant intersections in the middle of the Central Zone are in Hole OPDH-173 with 12.05m of 23 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb and 6% Zn, including 4.1m of 43 g/t Ag, 2% Pb and 10.5% Zn; and Hole OPDH-178 with 9.50m of 22 g/t Ag, 3.7% Pb, and 15.1 % Zn, including 6.15m of 31 g/t Ag, 4.7% Pb, and 22% Zn. Significant intersections in the East Zone into the Central Zone are in Hole OPDH-159 with 5m of 14 g/t Ag, 4% Pb, and 5.2% Zn and 6.15m of 97 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 13.4% Zn; Hole OPDH-171 with 4.4m of 294 g/t Ag, 5.6% Pb, and 14.8% Zn, including 3.6m of 353 g/t Ag, 6.6% Pb, and 17.7% Zn; and Hole OPDH-177 with 4.55m of 138 g/t Ag, 6.1% Pb, and 30.8% Zn, including 3.4m of 177 g/t Ag, 8% Pb, and 40.1% Zn. “These latest, high-grade, massive sulphide drill intersections from the sparsely drilled Central Zone confirm that this area has the potential to significantly increase Oposura’s resource base”. “They continue to build on the very positive results from the Oposura Scoping Study and confirm potential to extend the mine life and further improve the already impressive project economics.”
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Canasil Resources Inc., signed a letter of intent providing for Pan American Silver to acquire Canasil´s interest in the Sandra-Escobar project in Durango. The non-binding LOI is to enter in a definitive agreement for a payment of CAD $2.0M and 2% NSR. The NSR royalty can be reduced by Pan American Silver to 1% at any time by paying CAD $4.0M.
- Prize Mining Corporation, retained Link Media to provide communications and market awareness services (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd., announced that it is proceeding to close the acquisition of the 2% NSR on the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora from GoGold Resources Inc.
- New Gold Inc., announced management changes (Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosi).
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc., filed an action before the Superior Section of the Mexican Federal Administrative Court due to the SEMARNAT´s recent refusal to issue the environmental permit for its San Diego phosphate project in Baja California Sur.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, stibiconite-cervantite crystals in an epithermal system in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
TORONTO, Ontario, October 25, 2018 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) announces the results from the first 23 holes, of a planned 175 hole, in-fill drilling program at its Media Luna Project in Southwest Mexico. Highlighted intercepts from this program include 10.5 g/t Au Eq. over 39.2 m in borehole ML18-222A; 7.0 g/t Au Eq. over 49.6 m in borehole ML18-215; 7.1 g/t Au Eq. over 45.9 m in borehole ML18-219W and 8.3 g/t Au Eq. over 22.6 m in borehole ML18-208W.
Vancouver, B.C. – Oct. 23, 2018 – Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ: PAAS) (TSX: PAAS) today announced a major exploration discovery at its La Colorada mine in Mexico. Successful exploration drilling at La Colorada has discovered wide zones of mineralization below the current production levels: high-grade mineralization in
limestone replacement mantos and thick intercepts of skarn mineralization at depth.
Vancouver British Columbia – October 23, 2018 – Harvest Gold Corporation (TSX.V: HVG) (“Harvest Gold”) is pleased to provide an update on the initial drilling program at the Cerro Cascaron gold and silver project in southwestern Chihuahua, Mexico. Harvest Gold and its Joint Venture partner and operator, Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V: EVM) (“Evrim”), have planned up to 3,000 metres of diamond
By Jorge Cirett
During the 42nd week of the year (October 15th to October 21st, 2018), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. San Marco and Odyssey released advances in exploration. Galore Resources and Aura Minerals released news on mining, while Avino Silver, First Majestic, Premier Gold and Gold Resource reported Q3 production results. Sonoro Metals, First Majestic, Azucar Minerals and Plata Latina reported news related to financing. Telson, Azure, Candelaria and Goldplay reported on advances on its properties. Santacruz, Prize Mining, Azucar Minerals, Alio Gold, Canuc Resources, Minera Alamos and Excellon presented information on deals or corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX stated there are 19 ongoing projects to augment gold production in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Sur, Odyssey informed on SEMARNAT’s refusal for permitting the Don Diego project. In Sonora, San Marco is to start mapping and sampling the Espiritu project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining continues drilling at its Manto Negro project. ON MINING, Avino Silver, First Majestic, Premier Gold, and Gold Resource reported on Q3 2018 production. Galore begun mining at Los Gemelos, Zacatecas. Aura Minerals completed the first copper concentrate shipment from Aranzazu, also in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Sonoro is undertaking a private placement to raise up to $500 K. First Majestic filed a shelf prospectus that enables the raising of up to US$300 M in 25 months. Newcrest is exercising its top up rights to maintain 19.9% ownership of Azucar Minerals. Plata Latina settled C$231 K of indebtedness by share issuing. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Telson released high grade results from development sampling at Tahuehueto, Durango. Azure Minerals announced a positive scoping study on its Oposura project in Sonora. Candelaria Mining filed a NI-43-101 report on its Pinos project in Zacatecas. Goldplay was approved the drilling permit by SEMARNAT for drilling at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Azure Minerals released a positive scoping study on its Oposura project in Sonora, for an open pit/underground operation. Newcrest is to maintain its 19.9% ownership of Azucar Minerals (see above). Minera Alamos reported second round drill results on its Santana property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Santacruz Silver made the final payment to acquire a considerable land package in the Zacatecas district. Newcrest is to maintain its participation in Azucar Minerals. Canuc received conditional approval for its acquisition of Circle Energy. Alio Gold is disposing of some assets in Nevada and reducing its debt levels. Excellon is to sell the Beschefer project in Canada.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- According to CAMIMEX (Cámara Minera de México) there are 19 investment projects to be developed during the 2018-2019 period, five in Durango (Camino Rojo, Piritas in Peñasquito, El Compás, Fresnillo’s Piritas project and Juanicipio), four in Guerrero (Ana Paula, Bermejal underground, Media Luna, and Rey de Plata), four in Durango (Tahuehueto, Pitarrilla, Metates and San Agustin), Two in Sonora (Santa Gertrudis and a second leach plant at La Herradura), one in Puebla (Ixtaca) and one in Chihuahua (San Julian). Gold production in 2017 was 4,080,000 ounces, decreasing by 4% on the prior year, but considerably larger than the 848,000 ounces produced in year 2000.
- San Marco Resources Inc. is to start exploration at its Espiritu porphyry copper project in Sonora. Work in the property will consist of geological mapping, surface rock sampling and assessment of past drill hole and surface data. San Marco’s first pass review suggest the system is open in most directions. Past drill hole intercepts include 48.0 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 0.10 % Cu and 220.5 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. received notification that SEMARNAT repeated their refusal to issue an environmental permit for the phosphate deposit, “in direct contravention of the Order of the Federal Administrative Court”. SEMARNAT did not inform of any new environmental information used as a basis their decision, as was required in the Court’s Order. Odyssey “expects its legal team to file a new action before the Superior Section of the Federal Administrative Court demonstrating that SEMARNAT is in contempt of the Court’s Order with a request for sanctions and notification to Mexico’s Internal Control Unit” (Don Diego, Baja California Sur).
- Prize Mining Corp. continues with the 30-hole 3,000 m drill program at its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. “Core is being logged and sampled and sent out for assay, with first results expected in November”.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. announced its third quarter production results for 2018. In the Avino mine. during the period 81.5 K dry tonnes were milled @ 58 g/t Ag, 0.52 g/t Au, 0.54% Cu; with 84% Ag, 67% Au, 88% Cu recoveries to produce 112.6 K Oz Ag, 882 Oz Au, 865 K Lb Cu (or 3,935 Kg Ag, 28.31 Kg Au, 392.36 Tonnes Cu). In the San Gonzalo mine (which is nearing the end of its mine life) 19.7 K dry tonnes were milled @ 226 g/t Ag, 1.15 g/t Au; with 78% Ag, 75% Au to produce 107.8 K Oz Ag, 532 Oz Au (or 3,461 Kg Ag, 17,086 g Au). From the above ground stockpile 88.7 K tonnes were milled @ 62 g/t Ag, 0.45 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu; with 57% Ag, 52% Au, 37% Cu recoveries, to produce 97.4 K Oz Ag, 652 Oz Au, 112.8 K Lb Cu (or 3,127 Kg Ag, 20,931 g Au). An additional 8,212 Oz Ag were produced by a test program to recover precious metals and zinc from the San Gonzalo mine tailings. To counter significantly lower metal prices, Avino is reducing costs by postponing exploration, as well as reducing general and administrative costs in Mexico and British Columbia.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. announced production results for Q3 2018. Consolidated results include the milling of 864 K tonnes of ore to produce 3.5 M Oz Ag, 35,260 Oz Au, 4.44 M Lb Pb, 1.23 M Lb Zn (or 6.74 M Oz AgEq). A 20% cost reduction program across all areas is being implemented to deal with the prolonged low silver prices. AgEq year on year production grew by 69%, mainly by the addition of the San Dimas operations. The mine by mine production table is below.
- Galore Resources Inc. Has begun mining at Los Gemelos, in Zacatecas. Mining has begun without a feasibility study at Galore’s owned Duraznillo ranch, which includes the Los Gemelos and Duende 7 claims, within the Concepción del Oro district. The mining contractor has installed a gold processing plant with initial capacity of 90 tons per week. The proceeds, net of costs, are to be allocated with 40% to Galore and 60% to the contractor, URBYASA.
- Aura Minerals Inc. completed the first shipment of copper concentrate since the reopening of its Aranzau mine in Zacatecas. Aura “continues to further progress on the underground mine development and operational improvements to the plant. Construction of the new tailings disposal system (TD5) is expected to be completed this year”.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. released Q3 2018 production results, including figures from its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where 17,465 Oz Au; 88,390 Oz Ag were produced. “The Mercedes Mine remains focused on cost reduction and the development of new deposits to increase flexibility and productivity……. construction to expand tailings capacity began. Additionally, development continued on a drift from the Lagunas mine to access the higher-grade Marianas deposit located along the main Mercedes mine trend”.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported preliminary production results for the third quarter 2018. During the period production totaled 434 tonnes Cu, 2,119 tonnes Pb, 4,970 tonnes Zn, and no details were disclosed on precious metals. For the first three quarters of 2018, 18,864 Oz Au, 1.34 M Oz Ag, 1,206 tonnes Cu, 5,274 tonnes Pb, 14,236 tonnes Zn were produced.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. proposes to undertake a non-brokered private placement, aiming to raise up to $500K (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- First Majestic Silver Corp. filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus that will allow First Majestic to raise up to US$300 M during the next 25 months (Six producing mines in Mexico).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. announced Newcrest Canada Holdings Inc. exercised its top-up rights pursuant to the May 2018 investor rights agreement with Azucar, acquiring additional shares for a total of $124.4 K, and maintaining its 19.9% ownership.
- Plata Latina Minerals Corp. has agreed to settle indebtedness of C$201 K owing to its directors and indebtedness of C$30 K owing to its former CEO, by issuing common shares.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Telson Mining Corp. reported assay results from veins exposed during underground development at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. Highlighted results comprise 3.25 m @ 7.10 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.22% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 5.4% Zn; 6.10 m @ 5.04 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, 0.16% Cu, 1.8% Pb, 3.9% Zn; 8.05 m @ 2.52 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 0.19% Cu, 0.8% Pb, 2.9% Zn; 4.20 m @ 8.02 g/t Au, 96 g/t Ag, 2.93% Cu, 5.0% Pb, 8.2% Zn; 4.40 m @ 2.62 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, 1.3% Cu, 3.8% Pb, 3.7% Zn.
- Candelaria Mining Corp. filed a NI-43-01 preliminary feasibility assessment (PEA) report on its Pinos project, Zacatecas. The resources stand at: 85,847 tonnes @1.6 g/t Au, 83 g/t Ag measured; 175.7 K tonnes @ 3.6 g/t Au, 47 g/t Ag indicated; 529.6 K tonnes @ 3.6 g/t Au, 48 g/t Ag as inferred. The measured resources are in dumps, whereas the indicated and inferred resources are contained in veins 1.3 to 2.1 m in average widths. Production costs were evaluated for a range of 200 to 400 tonnes per day (tpd) operation. The capital cost is estimated at $13.5 M and the sustaining capital at $9.15 M.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. received approval from SEMARNAT (Mexican environmental agency) for its upcoming drill programs at San Marcial, Sinaloa. Up to 69 drill holes can be completed within a two year window. A NI-43-101 resource estimate is to be completed before the end of 2018., and a PEA is expected to be undertaken in 2019.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced a positive scoping study (SS) completed at its Oposura project in Sonora. “The Study delivers a Life of Mine (LOM) EBITDA of A$237 million, NPV(8%) (pre-tax) of A$112 million and an IRR (pre-tax) of 76%….. ”. The study calls for mining by open pit and underground methods 2.5 M tonnes @ 4.6% Zn, 2.6% Pb, 15.9 g/t Ag. The initial mine life is 5.3 years, with average annual production of 19 Kt Zn, 10 Kt Pb, 145 K Oz Ag. The total capital expenditure needed to achieve production is A$ 69.9 M (US$ 52.4 M).
- Minera Alamos Inc. reported results on the second round of its phase 1 drilling program at its Santana property in Sonora. Highlighted results comprise 80.4 m @ 1.05 g/t Au; and 8.0 m @ 1.0 g/t Au and 24.5 m @ 0.81 g/t Au on a second hole. “Planning of the Phase 2 drill program will begin once the remaining drilling results have been received and interpreted”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has made the final option payment to acquire 149 concessions covering 7,800 ha in the Zacatecas district. Santacruz now controls 8,900 ha in the district.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. informed Newcrest Canada Holdings Inc. has confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights on their last May signed agreement. Under the scheme, Newcrest is to maintain its 19.9% ownership of Azucar (El Cobre, Veracruz).
- Alio Gold Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to sell the Lincoln Hill, Wilco and Gold Ridge projects in Nevada to Coeur Mining Inc.. Alio is to receive $19 M upon the closing of the transaction. Recently, Alio has also reduced its outstanding debt with Macquarie Bank Ltd. from $15 million in past June, to $5 million now. The Company expects to fully extinguish the MBL debt during the fourth quarter. Alio also settled a $5 M contingent liability that the Company acquired with its acquisition of Rye Patch Gold Corp. and the Florida Canyon Mine earlier this year. The Company has also updated its surety bond for the Florida Canyon Mine in Nevada, releasing an additional $5.1 million in cash (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Canuc Resources Corp. received conditional approval from the TSX Venture Exchange for the previously announced acquisition of Circle Energy Ltd., a company with six oil prospective sections in Saskatchewan (San Javier, Sonora).
- Excellon Resources Inc. entered into an option agreement with Wallbridge Mining Co. to sell the Beschefer project in Canada (Platosa, Durango).
On the image above, epidote veinlet with feld-K halo in andesitic volcanic rocks in a porphyry-Cu prospect in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Sodic hydrothermal alteration
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 41th week of the year (October 08th to October 14th, 2018), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight reporting mining activities, seven informing on exploration results, four announcing financing issues, four communicating deals and corporate issues, two making donations to the local communities where they are working, and two reporting on resources and developments. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Alamos Gold donated an educational center while Fresnillo plc contributed with a community library. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minera Alamos reported drilling results from its Santana project, Sonoro Metals announced the launching of a 10,000m RC drilling program at its Cerro Caliche project, and Mexus announced an upcoming drill program at its Santa Elena project. In Chihuahua, VVC released drill results from its Samalayuca project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining reported underground sampling results from its Manto Negro project. In Zacatecas, Advanced Gold presented drill results from its Tabasquena project. In Jalisco, Evrim received the environmental permit to drill its Cuale project. ON MINING, Capstone, Coeur, Endeavour, Fortuna, Great Panther, McEwen and Sierra Metals reported Q3 2018 results from their Mexican operations. Fortuna also reported overflow problems in the tailings facilities at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Galore closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CDN$ 419.6 K. VVC increased its previous non-brokered private placement to CAD$ 2.5M. Sable raised an aggregate of $4.6M. Telson closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $6.8M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Americas Silver provided updated mineral reserve and resource estimates for its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. Goldplay announced sampling results of historical core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acquired a 100% interest in the Cabeza Blanca concession (Cerro Caliche project, Sonora). Consolidated Zinc extended its share purchase plan until Monday 22 October, 2018 (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua). Leagold (Los Filos mine, Guerrero) appointed new COO and Plata Latina (El Naranjillo, Guanajuato) announced resignation of Director.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Alamos Gold Inc., donated an educational center to the communities of Matarachi and Mulatos in Sonora.
- Fresnillo plc., contributed with a library for the community of the Ejido Rodeo in Durango.
- Minera Alamos Inc., reported initial results of a phase 1 drill program from its Santana project in Sonora. Significant intersections are Hole S118-116 with 93.5m of 0.65 g/t Au, Hole S118-115 with 17.8m of 0.73 g/t Au, and Hole S118-114 with 15.5m of 0.27 g/t Au and 14.9m of 1.4 g/t Au. “The first three holes were drilled near or within the Nicho deposit and were intended to evaluate mineralized extensions of previous exploration programs”. Assay results are pending from the remaining seven holes drilled during this phase 1 program.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., announced the launching of a 10,00m RC drill program at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. The company has been granted with a 2 years environmental permit to drill 87 RC-holes in two years equivalent to approximately 10,000m. The Cerro Caliche´s target is a 2 square km zone with a cumulative total of over 10 km of gold mineralized quartz veins with associated lower grade veinlet zones.
- Mexus Gold US, announced an upcoming drill program at its Santa Elena project in Sonora. Initial drilling will occur on 300m of the 2.2km long Julio vein and associated shear zone to probe a 100K Oz Au target.
- VVC Exploration Corporation., presented results of sixteen holes drilled at the Gloria Extension East Zone within its Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. Highlights results are in Hole SC18-033 with 8.2m of 0.66% Cu, Hole SC18-34 with 10.1m of 0.34% Cu, Hole SC18-38 with 9.55m of 0.34% Cu, Hole SC18-39 with 9.6m of 0.38 % Cu, Hole SC18-40 with 14.4m of 0.35% Cu, Hole SC18-41 with 13.45m of 0.39% Cu, Hole SC18-43 with 25m of 0.32% Cu, Hole SC18-45 with 8m of 0.43% Cu, Hole SC18-46 with 6m of 0.41% Cu, Hole SC18-48 with 9m of 0.30% Cu, and Hole SC18-49 with 7.5m and 6m with 0.33% Cu and 0.35% Cu respectively.
- Prize Mining Corporation, reported underground channel sampling results from the El Granizo mine within its Manto Negro Copper project in Coahuila. Thirty two individual samples returned > 1% Cu with a peak of 9% Cu. The weighted average content of the underground channel sampling was 2.62% Cu over an average channel height of 1.7m. Eleven samples returned > 100 g/t Ag and up to 199 g/t Ag, and eight samples with > 1% Pb to a maximum of 2.78% Pb.
- Advanced Gold Corp., presented drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Three holes were drilled below the near surface oxide zone of the Tabasquena vein, the two furthest apart being 125m along strike. Highlights include the increase of the amount of quartz as drilling deeper and the discovery of 5 new blind epithermal veins.
- Evrim Resources Corp., received drill permit and mobilized drill crew to its Cuale high sulphidation project in Jalisco. The drill program will consist of at least 3,000m and comprises between 10-15 drill holes. “The first drill holes at Cuale are planned at La Gloria to test the depth extent of the high grade Au mineralization encountered in trenches 1 and 4, followed by other high priority drill targets throughout the trenched area. Drilling is also planned at four step-out areas to test geophysical targets within the anomalous gold in soil geochemical and rock chip halo, including the North Dome which extends up to 1,000m north of the trenched area.
- Capstone Mining Corporation, reported Q3 2018 results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Capstone milled 270,436 tonnes at a grade of 1.7% Cu, 1.1% Zn, 0.3% Pb and 49 g/t Ag to produce 9.7M Lb Cu, 4.6M Lb Pb, 983K Lb Pb, and 321K Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 94.7%, 67.1%, 51.3% and 75.9% respectively.
- Coeur Mining Inc., provided Q3 2018 results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. Coeur processed 300, 116 tonnes of 195 g/t Ag and 0.12 g/t Au to produce 1.3M Oz Ag and 14.7K Oz Au.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., released Q3 2018 results from their three Ag-Au Mexican operations: Guanaceví mine in Durango, and the Bolañitos and El Cubo mines in Guanajuato. Production table for the third quarter is as follow:
|Production for mine||Tonnes produced||Tonnes per
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q3 2018 results from its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 262,710 tonnes of 258 g/t Ag and 1.61 g/t Au to produce 2M Oz Ag and 12.4K Oz Au, with metallurgical recoveries of 91.47% and 91.24% respectively. The company also reported that the heavy seasonal rains caused an overflow in a contingency pod of the dry stack tailings facilities at its San Jose mine.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the Guanajuato Mine Complex, Great Panther processed 74,303 tonnes with grades of 124 g/t Ag and 2.12 g/t Au to produce 260.8K Oz Ag and 4.4K Oz Au with metallurgical recoveries of 87.8% and 87.1% respectively. At the Topia mine, the company processed 18,617 tonnes with grades of 334 g/t Ag, 0.90 g/t Au to produce 188K Oz Ag, 323 Oz Au, 11.28M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 94.0% for Ag and 59.6% for Au.
- McEwen Mining Inc., presented production results from its El Gallo project in Sinaloa. Residual heap leaching at El Gallo resulted in 10.5K GEOs (gold equivalent ounces) in Q3 2018.
- Sierra Metals Inc., released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the Bolivar mine, Sierra Metals processed 227,690 tonnes of 0.99% Cu, 17 g/t Ag and 0.17 g/t Au to produce 3.9M Lb Cu, 94K Oz Ag and 911 Oz Au with metallurgical recoveries of 78.30%, 74.27% and 68.59% respectively. At Cusi mine, the company processed 55,058 tonnes of 156 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 0.3% Zn to produce 231K Oz Ag, 84 Oz Au 243K Lb Pb, and none Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 83.49%, 32.97%, 78.0%, and 0.0% respectively.
- Galore Resources Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD$ 419.6K (Dos Santos, Zacatecas).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, increased its non-brokered equity private placement financing to CAD$1.2M from the previously announced CAD$ 1.2M (Samalayuca Copper project, Chihuahua).
- Sable Resources Ltd., raised an aggregate of $4.6M and also closed its previously announced bought deal financing for aggregate gross proceeds of $2.5M (Margarita project, Chihuahua).
- Telson Mining Corporation, closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $6.8M to finalize the construction of the Tahuehueto mine in Durango.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Americas Silver Corporation, provided update mineral reserve and resource estimates for its Cosala operation in Sinaloa, including Nuestra Señora, El Cajón, and San Rafel mines and the Zone 120 deposit. The estimate also includes San Felipe project in Sonora on which the company holds an option. Proven and probable mineral reserves at Cosala operation as June 30, 2018 are 2.9M tonnes of 110 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb, and 4.0% Zn for a total content of 10.3 M Oz Ag, 107.7M Lb Pb, and 255.7M Lb Zn. Measured and Indicated mineral resources at Cosala (exclusive of mineral reserves) are 8.9M tonnes of 129 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.5% Pb, and 1.2% Zn for a total content of 36.9M Oz Ag, 49M Lb Cu, 102.8M Lb Pb, and 231.2M Lb Zn, while inferred resources are 2.96M tonnes of 113 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu, 0.9% Pb, and 1.4% Zn for a total content of 10.8M Oz Ag, 14M Lb Cu, 59.1M Lb Pb, and 88.1M Lb Zn. At San Felipe project, measured and indicated mineral resources are 4.7M tonnes of 61 g/t Ag, 2.48% Pb, and 5.42% Zn for a total content of 9.1M Oz Ag, 256M Lb Pb and 559.7M Lb Zn, while inferred resources are 2M tonnes of 48 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, and 3.6 g/t Zn for a total content of 3.1M Oz Ag, 63.2M Lb Pb and 157.8M Lb Zn.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., announced positive results from sampling of the historical core at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Highlights results are in Hole SM-10-07 with 57.3m (TW 51.6m) of 122 g/t Ag Eq, including 14.3m (TW 12.9m) of 278 g/t Ag Eq, including 18.6m (TW 16.7m) of 117 g/T Ag Eq, and Hole SM-10-15 with 7m (TW 52.8m) of 104 g/t Ag Eq, including 12.5m (TW 11.2m) of 379 g/t Ag Eq. “The high-grade results support open pit potential of the initial 500 meter long deposit”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp., acquired a 100% interest in the 10 Has Cabeza Blanca concession paying to the vendor US$175K and 250K Sonoro common shares, this to be paid in five installments over 2 years. “The Cabeza Blanca agreement completes our acquisition of all the mineral concessions under consideration within the 14 km² Cerro Caliche group,” said Kenneth MacLeod, President and CEO of Sonoro. “Cabeza Blanca’s strategic location within Cerro Caliche, along with the positive results from our sampling program and similar results from earlier exploration programs, makes this concession a priority target for Sonoro to drill.”
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, extended its share purchase plan until Monday 22 October, 2018 from the previous closing date of 15 October 2018.
On the picture above, sodic hydrothermal alteration in a Cu-Mo prospect in Coahuila, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.