Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce that additional encouraging assay results have been received from surface sampling program conducted on the outcropping veins within the recently optioned Copalito Silver-Gold Project (“Copalito Project” or “Property”) located in the State of Sinaloa, Mexico.
Toronto, Ontario – September 18, 2018 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN and EXN.WT.A; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) announces drill results from its ongoing underground exploration program at the Platosa Mine in Durango, Mexico, along with an update on Q3 2018 production.
September 18, 2018, Vancouver, BC – Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (TSXV: GPLY, OTCQB: GLYXF -the “Company” or “Goldplay”) is pleased to announce additional results from sampling of the historical core drill holes, completed in 2010, from the Company’s San Marcial Project in Mexico. The Company has confirmed upside potential for resource expansion with advancement of the sampling program, new 3D geological modelling and discovery of new precious and base metals mineralization at San Marcial. The new results expand known mineralization 200 meters down dip beyond the historic NI 43-101 resource area (“historic resource”) and also delineate a new discovery subparallel to the main mineralized zone, increasing twice the footprint of mineralization, as illustrated in Figures 1 and 2.
Banded quartz epithermal vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 37th week of the year (September 10th to September 16th, 2018), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with ten informing on exploration results, six reporting on resources and developments, four communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing production results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Riverside and Kootenay announced exploration results from its Cecilia and La Mina projects respectively. In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold began preparations to drill test its Cerro Cascaron project and Sable Resources released drilling results from its Margarita project. In Sinaloa, Auxico reported sampling results from its Zamora project In Durango, Gainey announced a 1st phase of exploration at its Las Margaritas project, Orex commenced fieldwork exploration on its San Luis del Cordero project, and Prospero reported drilling results from its Buenavista project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold started a phase 2 drilling program at its Tabasquena project. In Jalisco, Evrim announced trench and soil results from its Cuale project. ON MINING, Starcore reported Q1 2018 results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. US Antimony announced plans to increase its production of Sb, Au and Ag in Mexico. ON FINANCING, no relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, In Sonora, SilverCrest and Premier Gold released drilling results from its Las Chispas and Mercedes projects respectively. Aura provided an update at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Candelaria announced a PEA for its Pinos Gold project in Zacatecas. McEwen reported that hopes to add 12 years of mine life at its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim and First Majestic agreed to exercise the Ermitaño and Cumobabi option agreements in Sonora. New Gold announced the appointment of its new President and CEO (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi). Levon announced results from its annual general meeting (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Vangold withdrew its submission to acquire the San Carlos property in Guanajuato (El Pinguico mine, Guanajuato).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed 11 N-S lines for soil sampling which returned strong multi-elements anomalies with Au, Pb, Cu, and other key elements. These results along with previous exploration work have outlined four new target areas on its Cecilia project in Sonora. Target 1 is a 4km long by 300m wide target where previous rock sampling has found up to 2 g/t Au in silicified conglomerates , but the soil anomaly is open in both directions beyond the 4 Km and more than 800m wide. Target 2 is a NE trending Ag, Pb, Au, Zn, Sb, Hg and Cu soil anomaly over 2km long and 600m wide in rock cracks with faults and host veining displaying a series of NW striking feeder dikes. Target 3 is a 1km long by 500m wide Au-Zn with minor Ag, Cu, Pb and Bi soil anomaly associated to a N-S trending fault system intersecting Paleozoic limestones. This target is also along the border edge of a magnetic high reported in a regional government geophysics survey likely associated with Pre Cambrian granitic basement. Target 4 contains “high-grade gold samples in soils and alteration with jasperoid, silicification, and carbonate veining of the Paleozoic limestone that gives a potential limestone hosted Au with anomalous soil assays of Zn, Pb, Ag and Mn”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced that its partner Capstone Mining Corp., has commenced an exploration program on its la Mina project in Sonora. The exploration program will consists of detailed mapping and rock chip / stream sediment sampling to generate potential drill targets.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, reported that Evrim Resources, its JV partner and operator on its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua, has mobilized an advance team to the site to start preparations to drill test the property. The drill program, expected to commence at the end of September, will consist of 3,000 m to test the Cascaron Gold targets and the Cascarita Silver targets.
- Sable Resources, released drilling results from its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Significant intersections are from hole M-DDH-18-09 with 6.5m of 111 g/t Ag Eq, including 3.5m of 153 g/t Ag; hole M-DDH-18-11 with 11.3m of 252 g/t Ag Eq, including 1.3m of 889 g/t Ag Eq; hole M-DDH-18-12 with 12.7m of 98 g/t Ag Eq, including 1.8m of 244 g/t Ag Eq. Additionally, Sable identified a low-grade stockwork style of mineralization evident in numerous holes. The most significant results are hole M-DDH-18-03 with 44.13m of 50 g/t Ag Eq, including 6.95m of 142 g/t Ag Eq; hole M-DDH-18-07 with 7.6m of 54 g/t Ag Eq, and hole M-DDH-18-12 with 21.35m of 37 g/t Ag Eq. “With the first stage of drilling now complete we will evaluate our results and formulate a plan for stage 2 drilling targeting further extensions of Margarita and the other adjacent parallel veins”.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., reported high-grade sampling results from its Zamora project in Sinaloa. Significant results are 0.80m of 4Kg Ag and 29.2 g/t Au at La Franca claim, 600m southwest of the Campanillas mine along a structure that can be followed by at least 600m along strike. Mineralization consists of breccia-stockwork veining containing galena, sphalerite and possible silver sulphosalts, malachite and chalcopyrite. Other significant results are from Aguamas area where some channel samples returned 0.65m of 6.38 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag; 0.70m of 14.7 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag; 0.50m of 3.55 g/t Au and 108.7 g/t Ag; and 1.60m of 6.64 g/t Au and 220 g/t Ag.
- Gainey Capital Corp., announced a phase 1 exploration program on its Las Margaritas project in Durango. Las Margaritas is a mineralized vein system that extends at least 1.5Km along strike and averages 1-2m in width. The 1st phase exploration program will consists of detailed mapping and sampling with the objective to identify prospective areas to generate the best drill targets.
- Orex Minerals Inc., commenced an exploration program on its San Luis del Cordero project in Durango, where the company has an option to acquire 100% interest in the property from Exploraciones del Altiplano S.A. de C.V. Mineralization at San Luis del Cordero is characterized by skarn and epithermal vein Ag-Cu-Zn as a result of Tertiary-quartz-feldspar-porphyry intrusions affecting Jurassic and Cretaceous limestones, calcareous sandstones and shales. The project has seen several phases of exploration from different mining companies, including 16,400m drilled in 62 holes in the period 2000-2016. The property contains indicated resources of 662.6K tonnes of 121 g/t Ag, 0.78 % Cu and 1.1 % Zn for a total of 5.1M Oz Ag Eq, and inferred resources of 2, 785,300 tonnes of 144 g/t Ag, 0.75 % Cu and 1.45 % Zn, for a total of 24.4 M Oz Ag Eq.
- Prospero Silver Corp., reported core drilling results from eleven holes totaling 2, 811m drilled at its Buenavista project in Durango. Mineralization drilled-tested at Buenavista consists of structurally controlled epithermal veins centered on a rhyolite dome complex. “All holes cut anomalous silver mineralization, with a best interval of 1.6m @ 353g/t Ag from 185.6m downhole, within a broader interval of 49m @ 43g/t Ag in hole BVF-18-05”.
- Advance Gold Corp., started a second phase drilling program at its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas to test the La Tabasquena epithermal vein at a depth of 1,800m. Phase 2 will test below the gold discovery hole of phase 1. It also will test some of the potential feeder type targets and all of the veins below the oxide zone which goes down to an estimated 175 metres below surface.
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced new trench and soil results from its Cuale project in Jalisco. Highlight results include the trench 2 which was extended from 29.4m to 184.1m with an average grade of 0.85 g/t Au, including 59.1m of 1.79 g/t Au, and including 21.6m of 4.18 g/t Au; Trench 4 , extended from 106.2m to 156.2m with an average grade of 9.57 g/t Au, including 64.6m of 20.85 g/t Au, and including 7.5m of 163.31 g/t Au; and Trench 5 which contains 174m of 0.62 g/t Au, including 70m of 1.16 g/t Au, and including 40m of 1.45 g/t Au. A soil grid with 200 metre spacing outlined a Au anomaly over the entire La Gloria prospect with grades >0.01 g/t Au of 2,300m by 800m with a central corridor of 1,700m by 300m >0.1 g/t Au extending north of the trenched area. “The soil anomaly at higher elevation correlates with elevated silver, antimony, molybdenum, arsenic and low contents of manganese and zinc. At lower elevations gold correlates with elevated copper, tellurium, arsenic, bismuth and iron”. “The new trench results expand the La Gloria zone to the northwest and the east with consistent gold mineralization. Soil sampling indicates the La Gloria system footprint is measurably larger with the potential to host a significant deposit and/or additional mineralized centers within the La Gloria prospect”. “The soil survey has a distinctive high sulphidation signature centred on a large gold in soil anomaly that is approximately 2,300 metres by 800 metres. The results indicate a potential major system with significant upside for additional mineralized centers within the La Gloria prospect.”
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., reported Q21 2018 results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Starcore milled 77,400 tonnes of 1.53 g/t Au and 49 g/t Ag to produce 3.3K Oz Au and 72.7K Oz Ag, with an all-in sustaining cost of US$ 1,215 for Eq Oz. Metallurgical recoveries were 88.1% for Au and 59.6% for Ag.
- US Antimony Corporation, produced 131,184 Lb Sb and 1,244 short tonnes of zeolites in August 2018 and announced plans to increase its production of Sb, Au and Ag in Mexico. At its Wadley mine in San Luis Potosi, the general level will be reactivated by cleaning up the waste to provide access and transportation of the lower grade for the mill. At Sierra Guadalupe in Zacatecas, the Santa Monica drift will be restarted. The ore is primarily sulphides and can be upgraded to 60-70% Sb flotation concentrate at its Puerto Blanco Mill to make antimony tri-sulphide. At the Soyatal district in Queretaro, a buying program will be started to purchase direct shipping ore for its Madero smelter. The construction of the cyanide leach plant for the Los Juarez Au-Ag-Sb should allow pilot testing to commence during Q4 2018. The company also closed an agreement purchase, dismantle and transport an antimony plant from Reynosa, Tamaulipas. When installed, the equipment from the Reynosa plant will increase the capacity of the Madero Smelter in Coahuila to approximately 30,000,000 Lb per year of antimony oxide.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora and expanded the high grade at Babicanora Norte vein. Drill holes have intersected additional high-grade Ag-Au mineralization at Babicanora Norte vein which is located about 300m NE of Babicanora vein and apparently is connected with the Granaditas area which contains multiple veins to the southeast. The most significant results are 1.8 m of 15.11 g/t Au and 1,718 g/t Ag or 2,851 g/t Ag Eq, 1.6 m of 8.96 g/t Au and 1,078 g/t Ag or 1,750 g/t Ag Eq and 1.5 m of 4.22 g/t Au and 687 g/t Ag or 1 Kg Ag Eq. The drilling results of Babicanora Norte vein will be part of the upcoming updated resource which will include 8 of the 30 identified veins in the district.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, reported drilling results from the Rey de Oro deposit at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Highlights results include hole UG-R018-013 which returned 12.64 g/t Au and 240.1 g/t Ag across 29.65 m (TW of 13.5 m), hole UG-R018-015 with 0.41 g/t Au and 3120.0 g/t Ag (91.0 oz/ton) across 1.52 m (TW of 1.06 m), and hole UG-R018-012 with 17.00 g/t Au and 321.0 g/t Ag across 1.1 m (TW of 0.8 m) and 4.47 g/t Au and 138.5 g/t Ag across 8.25 m (TW of 6.1 m). “Underground drilling at Rey de Oro consists of step-out and delineation drilling of this recently developed horizon. This drilling continues to intersect some of the widest vein intercepts on the property and demonstrate the potential to continue to extend the mine life at Mercedes”.
- Aura Minerals Inc., provided an update at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Aura has obtained all the necessary permits and initiated the construction of the new tailings disposal system. “The Company expects the Aranzazu mine to achieve commercial production later this year and to achieve the average processing of 2,600 tonnes per day shortly thereafter”.
- Candelaria Mining Corp., announced a PEA for its Pinos Gold project in Zacatecas. Highlight results from the PEA indicate an after tax net present value (NPV) of US$ 12M using a 5% discount rate, an after tax internal rate return (IRR) of 25%, and a 7 years life of mine with projected gold equivalent ounce (“GEO”) production of 89,000. The PEA includes a mineral resource estimate as of September 13, 2018. Measured resources (Dump) are 85,847 tonnes of 1.6 g/t Au and 83 g/t Ag for a total of 4,444 Oz Au and 229K Oz Ag. Indicated resources are 175,697 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 47 g/t Ag for a total of 20.6K Oz Au and 268K Oz Ag. Inferred resources are 529,267 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 48 g/t Ag for a total of 60.7K Oz Au and 811K Oz Ag. Average recovery for Au and Ag are 90 and 80% respectively. The company plans to have an annual production of 12,700 GEO with an overall average direct cash cost of %US 666 per GEO.
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported that hopes to add 12 years of mine life at its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa, combining mineralized sources from five locations that will be developed in two distinct process plant construction phases. McEwen plans to produce 47K Oz Au Eq per year.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., announced plans to start the mine construction on its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. $US 420M will be invested in the first phase and is expected to begin to operate in 2020.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., and First Majestic Silver Corp., agreed to exercise the Ermitaño and Cumobabi option agreements in Sonora. First Majestic has completed its 100% earn-in for both projects. First Majestic has paid $1.5M in cash to Evrim and has granted a 2% NSR in the case of Ermitaño project and 1.5% NSR in the case of Cumobabi project.
- New Gold Inc., announced the appointment of its new President and CEO (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi).
- Levon Resources Ltd., released results from its annual general meeting (Cordero project, Chihuahua).
- Vangold Mining Corp., withdrew its submission to the TSX Venture Exchange to acquire the San Carlos property in Guanajuato.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a banded quartz vein in an intermediate sulphidation epithermal project in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Kootenay Silver Inc.(TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce Capstone Mining Corp. (TSX: CS) (“Capstone Mining”) has informed the Company that an exploration program is underway on the La Mina Project (the “Property”), located 180 kilometers southeast of the city of Hermosillo in Sonora State, Mexico.
TORONTO, Sept. 12, 2018 /CNW/ – Sable Resources (TSX.V: SAE) (the “Company” or “Sable”) is pleased to announce results from drillholes 9 to 12 targeting the Margarita Vein from its ongoing 12-hole drill program at the Margarita Project, Chihuahua State, Mexico. Drillholes M-DDH-18-11 and M-DDH-18-12 are a 250m step-out to the northwest from previously released holes M-DDH-18-05 and M-DDH-18-07. Hole M-DDH-18-09 is located on the same section line than previously released drillhole M-DDH-18-04. Drillhole M-DDH-18-10 is located on the same section line as previously released drillholes DDH-18-06 and 08. These latest results confirm continuity of the Margarita structure over a strike length of 750m.
ancouver B.C. — September 12, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce new trench and soil results from the Phase 3 exploration program at its 100%-owned Cuale high sulphidation epithermal gold project in Jalisco, Mexico. The new trench results expand the La Gloria zone to the northwest and the east with consistent gold mineralization. Soil sampling indicates the La Gloria system footprint is measurably larger with the potential to host a significant deposit and/or additional mineralized centres within the La Gloria prospect.
September 11, 2018 – Vancouver, BC: Riverside Resources Inc. (“Riverside” or the “Company”) (TSXV: RRI) (OTCQB: RVSDF) (FSE: R99), is pleased to have received the first set of regional soil geochemistry from the Cecilia 1 concession at the 100%-owned Cecilia Gold Project (the “Project”) in northeastern Sonora, Mexico. The soil survey covered approximately 30% of the recently acquired 50 km2 Cecilia 1 concession (see Figure 1 and press release dated March 5, 2018), and has expanded the targeting around the previously known central Cerro Magallanes area of the Cecilia Project. The Company continues to advance and refine the known central targets and is also placing equal priority on new property-wide target generation.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 36th week of the year (September 3rd to September 9th, 2018), at least 18 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Prize Mining, Minaurum, Azure, and Kootenay released advances in exploration. Telson Mining released some clarifications to its operating Q2 2018 results. Prospero reported news on financing. Goldplay, Consolidated Zinc, Torex, Southern Silver, Impact Silver, Magellan Gold, and Aura Minerals reported on development of its properties. Golden Minerals, Sonoro and GoGold reported deals on properties or royalties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, AMLO announced cabinet posts in Economy, including the new Sub-secretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga. The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango, two in Estado de Mexico, one in Guerrero and one in Puebla. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minaurum has resumed drilling at its Alamos Silver property. Azure reported high-grade surface results from its Oso Negro property and Kootenay released surface sampling results from its Malé project. In Coahuila Prize Mining announced a coming drill campaign on its Manto Negro project. ON MINING Telson Mining presented some clarifications on its Q2 report, and some figures on production costs from the Campo Morado mine. ON FINANCING, Prospero Silver announced a strategic investment by Fortuna Silver for US$270 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay released results from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Consolidated Zinc is to start mining in Plomosas, Chihuahua. Torex presented an updated technical report and a new mine plan on its El Limon-Guajes property in Guerrero. Southern Silver presented assay results from drilling at its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Impact Silver announced the discovery of a new ore shoot on its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. Magellan is planning to mine on its El Dorado property in Nayarit. Aura Minerals filed a FS and technical report on the restarting of its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Minerals sold its remaining interest on the Celaya property in Guanajuato to The Electrum Group for US$3 M. Sonoro optioned an inner concession within its Cerro Caliche property for US$100 K in two payments. GoGold sold its 2% NSR on the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora to Metalla Royalty.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO), the president elect in Mexico, announced cabinet posts within the Secretaría de Economía (Bureau of Economy) for its incoming government. Graciela Márquez, as Secretary, is to be supported by Luz Maria de la Mora in Subsecretaría de Comercio Exterior (Foreign Commerce), Ernesto Acevedo Hernández in Subsecretaria de Industria y Comercio (Industry and Commerce), and Francisco Quiroga, on charge of the Subsecretaría de Minería (Mining). Francisco Quiroga was director of International Planning for Grupo Villacero, and worked for a couple of years at Arcelor Mittal México. He has master degrees from Yale and New Zealand, with expertise in international metal markets, steel, commodities and mining, as well as anti-dumping practices and industry. The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from Almaden’s Ixtaca project in Puebla, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/puebla/ixtaca/ . The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango, two in Estado de Mexico, one in Guerrero and one in Puebla.
- Prize Mining Corp. commenced the phase II exploration program on its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. This phase will consist of 3,000 m of diamond drilling, “3D modeling of drill intersections and artisanal underground workings”, a GIS compilation and preliminary metallurgical test work. At El Granizo, “strong copper mineralization is exposed on surface for a strike length of 550 metres and dips moderately to the southwest. Mineralization is hosted in the San Marcos red-bed sandstone close to the contact with the overlying Cupido limestone”. At Pilar Grande drilling will test a 200 by 50 m area containing the underground workings.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. has resumed drilling at the Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The 5,000 m (or greater) drill program is to focus in seven untested veins exposed at high structural levels in down-dropped blocks outside of the historic mining corridor. “One hole will test the Minas Nuevas vein at depth and a second hole will test the Púlpito and Cotera vein zone projections. Eight more holes are planned on targets on the completely virgin eastern side of the historic La Quintera – Promontorio vein zone, including the Tigre, Ana, and Amalia vein zones, and the breccia body located south of Amalia and Tigre; as well as the Promontorio Sur vein zone to the south of Promontorio vein. The drill program will be expanded as new targets are generated.”
- Azure Minerals Ltd. reported high grade assays from surface sampling at its Oso Negro property in Sonora. The project comprises a 1,119 ha concession application and an adjoining 156 ha concession purchased for US$35 K. Both concessions contain epithermal mineralization like quartz veins and quartz stockworks in zones of strong alteration, with galena and sphalerite within the quartz veins, which can attain widths of up to 5 m and lengths of 800 m. Of 88 samples collected, 37 returned over 100 g/t Ag, including 9 samples over 1,000 g/t Ag, and a peak of 2,680 g/t Ag. Of 88 samples collected, 37 samples returned over 1.0 g/t Au, including 7 samples over 5.0 g/t Au and up to 100.5 g/t Au.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released additional high-grade sampling results on its Malé project in Sonora. Thirty three sample collected from old pits and small trenches returned 19 samples with values over 1.0 g/t Au, with the highest running 12.1, 17.0, 24.7 and 36.0 g/t Au. “The Malé gold project is a granitic-hosted gold dominant polymetallic vein and vein stockwork system covering an area of 1500 x 1500 meters with numerous showings highly anomalous in gold…..Mineralization occurs as narrow veins, veinlets and stockworks of quartz with or without sulphides within structures projecting in a dominant northeast trend and a secondary northwest trend”.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented some clarifications to its Q2 2018 financial report (please see press release for details). The “Campo Morado Mine has achieved direct site costs for mining, milling and administration during Q2 of approximately US$56.6, US$51.6 and US$51.8 per tonne respectively for, April, May and June. These current direct site costs are approximately 36% lower than the estimated direct site costs of US$72.26 per tonne used for the same categories in Telson’s recently published independent Preliminary Economic Assessment and approximately 40% lower than the previous operator’s last year of production during 2014”.
- Prospero Silver Corp. arranged a US$270 K strategic investment from Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. Fortuna currently owns 20.3% of Prospero current and outstanding shares, and this private placement is to take that proportion to 26.9%. The proceeds will be allocated to test the Bermudez project in Chihuahua with a 3-hole 1,500 m drill program.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. disclosed additional results from sampling of the historical core drill holes completed in 2011 on the project San Marcial, in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (TW) new results from two holes comprise 53.6 m @ 57 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 5.6 m @ 253 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.6% Zn); 46.5 m @ 57 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 15.5 m @ 115 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, 0.7% Zn, same that include 3.25 m @ 411 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 2.2% Zn).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. is to start mining at its Plomosas project in Chihuahua. “The CZL Board has approved the development plan and mining will commence immediately with monthly receipts commencing mid October 2018”. CZL secured a finance package by way of convertible notes. The mined ore will be processed at Grupo Mexico’s plant in Santa Eulalia, Chihuahua, and the concentrate is to be sent to the same group’s smelter in San Luis Potosi. CZL “is confident that the first cashflow can be achieved for a capital cost less than US$500,000 and the C1 operating costs are expected to be less than US$0.50/lb Zinc after by-product credits”.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. completed an updated technical report that includes a life of mine plan (LOM) of nine years and an increased average gold production of 430 K Oz Au per year, from 2019 to 2023 at its Limón-Guajes mine in Guerrero.” The TR also contains an updated Media Luna Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), with an after-tax NPV (5%) of $582M, and an after-tax IRR of 27%”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported assay results from initial core drilling on the 12,000 m 2018 drill program at its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Highlighted true width (TW) intervals comprise 15.1 m @ 280 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 0.1% Zn (including 4.4 m @ 598 g/t Ag, 0.4% Cu, 2.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn) on the Skarn Front deposit, and 0.6 m @ 79 g/t Ag, 0.4 g/t Au, 1.2% Cu, 0.1% Pb, 14.1% Zn; 2.0 m @ 88 g/t Ag, 0.3 g/t Au, 0.2% Cu, 1.1% Pb, 2.6% Zn in Las Victorias zone, which extend mineralization for over 100 m to the southeast.
- Impact Silver Corp. announced the discovery of a new ore shoot on the Lipton vein of the Guadalupe mine at its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. To date the new zone has been drilled over a length of 120 m and vertical distance of 80 m, remaining open in all directions. Some of the highlighted true width intervals comprise 10.57 m @ 201 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.5% Zn (including 4.18 m @ 381 g/t Au, 0.09 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.1% Zn); 7.74 m @ 466 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 8.82 m @ 306 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 1.53 m @ 240 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 2.5% Zn; 2.87 m @ 308 g/t Au, 0.19 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn.
- Magellan Gold Corp. is focused on advancing El Dorado project in Nayarit towards production, planning to truck the ore to the SDA mill for processing. “The drilled resource appears to be sufficient to support an underground mining operation for five years at a mining rate of 100 tonnes per day….”. Magellan is applying for the necessary environmental and blasting permits, as well as quotes for contract mining.
- Aura Minerals Inc. filed the NI-43-101 Feasibility Study and Technical Report on the Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Golden Minerals Co. has sold its remaining interest on the Celaya property in Guanajuato, to The Electrum Group LLC. Golden Minerals is to receive a payment of US$3.0 M for selling 100% of its remaining mining concessions and related interests in the Celaya project located in Guanajuato.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. optioned from a private owner the 9 ha “El Colorado” mining concession, within its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. “The Option Agreement provides for Sonoro to acquire a 100% interest in El Colorado for total consideration to the Vendor of US$100,000, of which US$50,000 has been paid and the balance due in 6 months”. Seven thorough-going veins surrounded by quartz sotckwork areas and sheeted quartz veinlet zones present limited mining evidenced by tunnels, pits and trenches.
- Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd. entered with GoGold Resources Inc. into an agreement to purchase a 2% net smelter return royalty on the Santa Gertrudis property in Sonora, for US$12 M in cash. The agreement is subject to a right of first refusal held by the owner of the project, Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., right that has to be exercised with 45 days.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, argillitized volcanic rocks above the famous Vizcaína vein in the Pachuca District, Hidalgo. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (“Azure” or “the Company”) is pleased to report that high grade silver and gold assays have been returned from surface sampling of its recently acquired, 100%-owned Oso Negro project, located in the northern Mexican state of Sonora (