Vancouver, British Columbia (January 31, 2022) – Benjamin Hill Mining Corp. (CSE: BNN) (OTCBB: BNNHF) (“BHM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has completed its oversubscribed private placement previously announced December 17, 2021. The offering totals 6,034,989 units of the Company (the “Units”) at a price of $0.35 CAD per Unit (the “Offering”) for gross proceeds of $2,112,246.15. The securities issued in the Offering are subject to a hold period of four months and one day from the closing date, expiring May 28, 2022.
Month: January 2022
Azure Minerals.- QUARTERLY ACTIVITIES REPORT FOR PERIOD ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2021
Consolidated Zinc.- Quarterly Activities Report December 2021
Consolidated Zinc Limited (CZL:ASX or “the Company”) presents its December 2021 quarterly activities
GR Silver Mining Underground Drill Results Deliver Wide and High-grade Intervals, 38 m at 299 g/t Ag, Including 1,091 g/t Ag over 2.1 m and 1,002 g/t Ag over 3.5 m, Confirming Potential for Resource Expansion at San Marcial Area
Vancouver, BC – GR Silver Mining Ltd. (“GR Silver Mining” or the “Company”) (TSXV|GRSL, OTCQB|GRSLF, FRANKFURT|GPE) – is pleased to announce additional high-grade silver (Ag) results confirming consistently wide Ag intercepts from underground diamond core drilling at the San Marcial resource expansion program, at the Plomosas Project, Sinaloa, Mexico. These assay results are from the fourth hole of an eight-hole program and indicate the widening of the mineral body at depth and along strike. The successful drill hole confirms a significant expansion of highgrade Ag mineralization approximately 170 m down dip below the lower limit of the San Marcial NI 43-101 mineral resource and approximately 70 m along strike, to the SE of hole SMI21-03 (see News Release dated January 17, 2022) (Figure 1).
Defiance Announces Exploration Update At The Zacatecas District Project
Defiance Silver Corp. (“Defiance” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has recommenced drilling at the company’s Zacatecas project in Mexico. The current drill program, which is focused on the Lucita license area, began in early November and recommenced in January after a three-week hiatus.
The Mining and Exploration News in Mexico: Highlights on the Fourth Week of January, 2022. ￼
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 4th week of the year (January 24th to January 30th, 2022), at least 25 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 6 news published by the media, with ten informing on exploration results, nine reporting resources and developments of their properties, five communicating production results, four discussing social issues, two commenting on Mexican issues, and one disclosing deals and corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Americas Gold hosted an official opening ceremony at its Cosalá operation in Sinaloa. Pablo Méndez Alvídrez, president of the Mining Cluster of Chihuahua stated that this sector is a mainstay of economic development since it represents 4% of the State gross domestic public (GDP). ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Silver Spruce announced that it has initiated an environmental report for a drill permit at its Diamante project and reported high grade results from historical sampling, Aztec–Kootenay JV completed first 14 holes totaling 2,810.6m of the current 5,000m, 22-hole Phase 2 RC drill program at the Cervantes property, Ranchero Gold released results from its ongoing drilling program at its Santa Daniela project, Orogen provided an update of the drilling exploration program funded by Hochschild on its Sarape project, and announced the termination of the option agreement by Hochschild, Tarachi Gold provided an overview of the exploration activities carried out in 2021 at its Jabali and San Javier mining concessions, and Colibri announced it has resumed the drilling program at its flagship Evelyn project. In Chihuahua, Golden Minerals released results from 5 holes drilled at its Yoquivo project. In Durango, Southern Empire started a drill program at its San Pedro project, Silverton announced that it completed a geophysical 3D modeling of airborne electromagnetic data and the commencement of a seismic survey at its Pluton project, and Canasil announced results of three holes drilled at its Nora project. ON MINING, Altaley reported Q4 2021 production and financial results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. Equinox Gold provided 2022 production and cost guidance for its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. Sierra Metals announced Q4 and full year 2021 production results from their Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. MAG Silver reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its Juanicipio project in Zacatecas. Magna Gold announced Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its San Francisco Mine in Sonora. ON FINANCING, no relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Capitan Mining reported results from its RC drilling program as well as from chip sampling on the Jesus Maria Silver deposit at its Peñoles project in Durango. Silver Tiger released results from its ongoing drilling program on the Sooy Vein at its El Tigre project, Sonora. SilverCrest provided an update on the construction of its Las Chispas mine in Sonora. GoGold released high grade results from nine holes collared at Mololoa-Tamara area within its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Southern Silver announced a new high grade mineral discovery on the El Sol concession at its Cerro Las Minitas project, Durango. Gatos Silver provided an update on the resource and reserve estimation process following recent reconciliation work at its Cerro Los Gatos, Chihuahua, and provided 2022 production and cost guidance. Vizsla provided a 2021 year end summary of its activities at its flagship Panuco project in Sinaloa. Tarachi Gold made significant progress in developing its Magistral tailing project in Durango towards a production decision. Mithril provided a Q4, 2021 on activities at its Copalquin project, Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Bear Creek provided an update of the acquisition from Equinox of Mercedes mine, Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc) carried out in collaboration with the Urban Development and Ecology area of the Caborca City Council, the first Reforestation Day 2022. Four educational institutions that Grupo México supports in the Mexican Republic have obtained results above the national average in the most recent evaluations carried out by the Ministry of Public Education. Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) invested over MXP $7M in seven public works in four communities. Minera San Xavier S.A de C.V. informed that, as of January 2022, it has made significant progress in the execution of its biophysical and social Closure Plan, which has been Responsible, Inclusive and Participatory.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Americas Gold and Silver Corporation hosted an official opening ceremony at its Cosalá operation in Sinaloa with the participation of the Mexican Minister of Economy, the Governor of Sinaloa State, The Cosala Major, and the CEO of the company. All of them pointed the importance of the mine to the local community, the Sinaloa State and the country. All three government representatives thanked to the company for its perseverance during the illegal blockade and the commitment of capital to re-open the mine.
- Pablo Méndez Alvídrez, president of the Mining Cluster of Chihuahua stated that this sector is a mainstay of economic development since it represents 4% of the State gross domestic public and has generated more than 20,000 direct jobs and more than 102,000 indirect jobs, which is a great contribution to the state.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., announced that it has initiated an environmental report for a drill permit on its Diamante project and reported high grade results from historical sampling. The environmental report will be filed to SEMARNAT once it is completed and is expected within four to six weeks of submission. The company identified historical reports with maps, field sections and assays for 77 previously unreleased samples with precious and base metal values reporting up to 25.69 g/t Au, 1,360 g/t Ag, 18 % Pb, 33 % Zn and 1.47% Cu.
- Aztec Minerals Corp.-Kootenay Silver Inc. JV completed first 14 holes totaling 2,810.6m of the current 5,000m, 22-hole Phase 2 RC drill program at the Cervantes property in Sonora. Samples have been submitted to the lab for analysis and results are expected to arrive in the next several weeks. Meanwhile, the company will continue the surface sampling and mapping on the property to continue the 2021 Phase 1 surface program.
- Ranchero Gold Corp. released results from its ongoing drilling program at its Santa Daniela project in Sonora. Hole MA-21-013 intersected 1.11 g/t Au over 13.15m, and hole MA-21-14 intersected 1.18 g/t Au over 21.15m on La Colmena target. The company announced that further sampling was required both above and below the interval sampled in both holes, and results will be released shortly.
- Orogen Royalties Inc., provided an update of the drilling exploration program funded by Hochschild Mining Plc., on its Sarape project in Sonora. Hochschild funded a 3,163 m drill program with eight holes testing the quartz-carbonate Sarape Vein. All holes intercepted weakly anomalous gold and silver, except hole SAR-21-12 which intersected 3.76 g/t Au and 15 g/t Ag over 2.4m, including 9.5 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag over 0.7m. Hochschild terminated the option agreement and Orogen is seeking a new exploration partner for the project.
- Tarachi Gold Corp., provided an overview of the exploration activities carried out in 2021 at its Jabali and San Javier mining concessions. At the Jabali concession, a Phase 2 underground drilling program at the La Dura mine returned the company´s best drill intersections to date in hole JAB-219-009 with 6.91 g/t Au over 63.4m, including 17.42 g/t Au over 9.3m and 17.37 g/t Au over 13.9m; and hole JAB-21-010 with 1.7 g/t Au over 42m, including 8 g/t Au over 3.4m. In addition, the company completed a short RC surface drilling program with hole JAB-21-14 returning 7.26 g/t Au over 12m. At the San Javier concession, a surface diamond drilling program encountered a mineralized breccia system in several holes. Hole SJA-20-005 intersected 11.9 g/t Au over 2m; hole SJA-20-006 encountered 5.39 g/t Au over 5.6m; and hole SJA-21-014 intersected 0.45 g/t Au over 52m, including 4.11 g/t Au over 1.5m. Tarachi also informed that “plans are underway to conduct field work in 2022 on some of the other concessions in Sonora including La Texana. The goal of the field program will be to identify potential drill targets for later in the year”.
- Colibri Resource Corporation announced it has resumed the drilling program at its flagship Evelyn project in Sonora. The company will continue with its 10,000m RC drill program of which 3,122m have been completed in 22 holes before pausing for the holiday season on December 18, 2021. “The Company is planning on completing the 10,000 metres of RC drilling on the Evelyn property in two phases. Phase 1 which is now resuming is aimed at evaluating areas of anomalous and higher-grade Au assay results from surface and trench exposures coincident with magnetic gradients and lineaments and with structures identified through geological mapping. Phase 2 drilling will be planned to follow up positive results from Phase 1 as well as test numerous targets including chargeability anomalies derived from the Induced Polarization (“IP”) survey completed in 2021, targets derived from interpretation of the drone-borne magnetic survey completed in 2020, and targets derived from the on-going property wide geological/structural interpretation”.
- Golden Minerals Company released results from 5 holes drilled of a 21 holes second phase drill program recently completed on the Pertenencia Vein at its Yoquivo project in Chihuahua. Highlights include hole YQ-021-002 with 0.51 g/t Au and 706 g/t Ag over 2.4m, plus 0.16 g/t Au, and 91 g/t Ag over 8.5m, including 0.18 g/t Au and 116 g/t Ag over 2.4m, including 0.67 g/t Au and 309 g/t Ag over 0.4m; hole YQ-021-004 with 4.02 g/t Au and 1,473 g/t Ag over 1.5m, plus 0.33 g/t Au and 110 g/t Ag over 1.6m, including 0.92 g/t Au and 313 g/t Ag over 0.3m, plus 0.49 g/t Au and 158 g/t Ag over 3.5m, including 1.67 g/t Au and 578 g/t Ag over 0.3m, plus 1.03 g/t Au and 267 g/t Ag over 2.4m, including 5.15 g/t Au and 1,320 g/t Ag over 0.4m, plus 0.04 g/t Au and 179 g/t Ag over .5m, including 0.11 g/t Au and 904 g/t Ag over 0.5m. The company is currently awaiting additional assay results that it expects to report in the coming months.
- Southern Empire Resources Corp., started its first core drilling program at its San Pedro project in Durango. The drilling program will test the West Zone where sampling on a NW linear trending heterolithic breccia up to 300m in length returned Au values between 0.33 g/t Au and 2.2 g/t Au. This breccia is coincident with IP chargeability and resistivity geophysical anomalies. The drilling program will consist of 2,000 in 6 to 9 holes.
- Silverton Metals Corp., completed a 3D modelling of airborne electromagnetic data (ZTEM) and the commencement of a seismic survey at its Pluton project in Durango. The company announced that the ZTEM processing and 3D modelling was successful in identifying significant anomalies potentially related to mineralization. These are coincident to six targets previously identified. In addition, “to supplement the ZTEM, the company has commenced work on a seismic line survey to better understand the sedimentary units and identify the contact between the overlying clastic rocks and the limestones which have the potential to host manto and chimney Carbonate Replacement Deposits”.
- Canasil Resources Inc., announced results of three holes drilled on the Candy vein at its Nora project in Durango. Hole NRC-21-13 intersected 2.96 g/t Au, 241 g/t Ag, 0.15% Cu, 0.02% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (489 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 3.46m, including 5.49 g/t Au, 432 g/t Ag, 0.15% Cu, 0.01% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (876 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.69m, including 9.69 g/t Au, 530 g/t Ag, 0.33% Cu, 0.02% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (1,323 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.32m, plus 8,83 g/t Au, 706 g/t Ag, 0.17% Cu, 0.02% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (1,411 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.55m, and plus 2.12 g/t Au, 199 g/t Ag, 0.01% Pb, and 0.01% Zn (363 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.91m; hole NRC-21-14 intersected 2.13 g/t Au, 164 g/t Ag, 0.09% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (340 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.43m, including 2.14 g/t Au, 207 g/t Ag, 0.06% Cu, 0.04% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (381 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.85m, plus 1.4 g/t Au, 181 g/t Ag, 0.01% Cu, 0.03% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (290 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.67m; and hole NCR-21-15 encountered 2.21 g/t Au, 211 g/t Ag, 0.06% Cu, 0.03% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (390 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.54m, including 2.34 g/t Au, 213 g/t Ag, 0.02% Cu, 0.03% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (394 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.75m, plus 2.73 g/t Au, 84 g/t Ag, 0.04% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (296 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.45m.” The Candy vein structure remains open in both directions along strike and to depth for continued drill testing, and the low base metal values in these drill intercepts suggest drilling to date is still in the higher levels of the system”.
- Altaley Mining Corporation reported Q4 2021 production and financial results from its Campo Morado mine, Guerrero. The company milled 183.1K tonnes of 1 g/t Au, 118 g/t Ag, 1.1% Pb, and 4.3% Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 21%, 47%, 30%, and 71% respectively, to produce 12.2K tonnes of Zn concentrate and 2.7K tonnes of lead concentrate, at cash and AISC of $0.88 and USD $1.06 per Lb Zn respectively. The company reported revenue of CAD $17.07M from Zn concentrate and CAD $2.9M from Pb concentrate for total revenue of CAD $19.98M.
- Equinox Gold Corp., provided 2022 production and cost guidance for its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. The production for 2022 is estimated at 160K-180K Oz Au at cash of USD $1,400 to 1,475 per Oz Au, with AISC of USD $1,625 to 1,750 per Oz Au. Equinox will invest USD $38M of sustaining capital and USD $62M of non-sustaining capital.
- Sierra Metals Inc., announced Q4 and full year 2021 production results from their Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar mine, during Q4, 2021, the company processed 227, 722 tonnes of 0.55% Cu, 9 g/t Ag and 0.11 g/t Au with metallurgical recoveries of 80.79%, 82.34%, and 78.32% respectively to produce 2.23M Lb Cu, 57K Oz Ag, and 634 Oz Au (2.8M Lb CuEq). For the full year 2021, the company processed 1,349,602 tonnes of 0.72% Cu, 15 g/t Ag, and 0.16 g/t Au with metallurgical recoveries of 79.28%, 81.95%, and 68.88% respectively, to produce 24.5M Lb Cu, 551K Oz Ag, and 4,751 Oz Au (35.8M Lb CuEq). At Cusi mine, during Q4, 2021, Sierra Metals processed 84,804 tonnes of 179 g/t Ag, 0.21 g/t Au and 0.4% Pb with metallurgical recoveries of 85.52%, 47.29%, and 80.69% respectively to produce 417K Oz Ag, 272 Oz Au and 581K Lb Pb (465K Oz AgEq). For the full year 2021, the company processed 295,771 tonnes of 160 g/t Ag, 0.18 g/t Au and 0.3% Pb with metallurgical recoveries of 82.98%, 45.05%, and 81.78% respectively to produce 1.26M Oz Ag, 762 Oz Au and 1.7M Lb Pb (1.38M Oz AgEq).
- MAG Silver Corp., reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its Juanicipio project in Zacatecas. This project is a JV between Fresnillo plc and MAG Silver and reported that during Q4, 2021, 113,950 tonnes of mineralized material were processed to produce 1.6M Oz Ag and 9,385 Oz Au, of which 44% are attributable to MAG Silver (718K Oz Ag and 1,754 Oz Au). For the full year 2021, 251,907 tonnes were processed to produce 3.2M Oz Ag and 6,577 Oz Au, of which 44% are attributable to MAG Silver (1.4M Oz Ag and 2,894 Oz Au).
- Magna Gold Corp., announced Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its San Francisco Mine in Sonora. During Q4, the company mined 1,456,000 tonnes of 0.44 g/t Au and processed 1,688,000 tonnes of 0.41 g/t Au, to produce 15.5K Oz Au and 5,712 Oz Ag at a cash cost of USD $1,123 per Oz Au. The company sold 16,305 Oz Au and 6,177 Oz Ag. The company reported that 57K Oz Au were produced in the full year 2021 at a cash cost of USD $1,299 per Oz Au. Magna Gold also provided a 2022 production guidance and estimates to produce 65K-71K Oz Au at a cash cost of USD $1250-USD $1,350 per Oz Au.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Capitan Mining Inc., reported results from its RC drilling program on its Capitan project, as well as from chip sampling on the Jesus Maria Silver deposit at its Peñoles project in Durango. Hole 21-CARC-29 encountered a broad mineralized intersection on Capitan structure of 0.34 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag (0.34 g/t AuEq) over 195.1m, including 0.35 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag (0.37 g/t AuEq) over 149.4m, including 0.61 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag (0.63 g/t AuEq) over 38.1m, including 0.92 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag (0.95 g/t AuEq) over 100.7m, plus a 3m wide intersection of the Jesus Maria Vein which returned 0.26 g/t Au and 103 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.49% Zn. The mineralized intersection of Jesus Maria vein is significant as it represents a 350m step out down-dip, and to the south of the previous drill-defined extent of the Jesus Maria Silver Deposit. Capitan Mining also reported results from chip sampling conducted on outcrops north of the Jesus Maria Silver Deposit with values up to 410 g/t Ag, 0.9 g/t Au, 1.7% Pb, and 0.7% Zn over 0.6m. Trenching along the new Gully Fault target, between the Capitan Gold Deposit and the Jesus Maria Silver Deposit, has identified a wide zone of mineralization up to 54m wide with 0.14 g/t Au.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., released results from its ongoing drilling program on the Sooy Vein at its El Tigre project, Sonora. Significant mineral intersections were encountered in hole ET-21-287 with 0.74 g/t Au, 60 g/t Ag, 0.01% Cu, 0.03% Pb, and 0.03% Zn (117 g/t AgEq) over 12.4m, including 5.99 g/t Au, 174 g/t Ag, 0.01% Cu, and 0.06% Pb (625 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m, plus 0.06 g/t Au, 273 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu, 0.7% Pb, and 1% Zn ( g/t AgEq) over 6.6m, including 0.03 g/t Au, 2,393 g/t Ag, 1.81% Cu, 7.5% Pb, and 10% Zn (3,083 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m; and hole ET-21-263 with 0.09 g/t Au, 247 g/t Ag, 0.12% Cu, 0.6% Pb, and 1% Zn (314 g/t AgEq) over 3.1m, including 0.15 g/t Au, 421 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu, 0.7% Pb, and 2.9% Zn (567 g/t AgEq) over 1m, plus 0.21 g/t Au, 180 g/t Ag, 0.13% Cu, 0.6% Pb, and 0.6% Zn (242 g/t AgEq) over 22.6m, including 1.05 g/t Au, 702g/t Ag, 0.54% Cu, 1.8% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (940 g/t AgEq) over 3m, including 0.06 g/t Au, 740 g/t Ag, 0.56% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 0.6% Zn (826 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., provided an update on the construction of its Las Chispas mine in Sonora. Construction progress was 86.2% complete. During 2021, the company committed 75.2% ($103.6M) of the $137.7M Feasibility Study (FS) capital cost estimate. Construction of the power line is expected to be complete in Q2, 2022. The company has completed a total of 17.5km of underground development since 2019. Approximately 1.8km of additional development occurred in 2021, beyond the FS life of mine. As at Dec 31, 2021, SilverCrest has cash and cash equivalents of $176.5M and $30M project remaining available under a $120M project financing facility.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released high grade results from nine holes collared at Mololoa-Tamara area within its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. The highest grades were encountered in hole LRGM-21-088 with 2.58 g/t Au and 684 g/t Ag (11.70 g/t AuEq or 877 g/t AgEq) over 14.6m, including 9.73 g/t Au and 2,577 g/t Ag (44.1 g/t AuEq or 3,307 g/t AgEq) over 3.8m; and hole LRGM-21-090, with 3.84 g/t Au and 999 g/t Ag (17.15 g/t AuEq or 1,286 g/t AgEq) over 5.3m, including 23.50 g/t Au and 6,310 g/t Ag (107.63 g/t AuEq or 8,072 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m, plus 0.49 g/t Au and 129 g/t Ag (2.22 g/t AuEq or 106 g/t AgEq) over 5.7m, including 3 g/t Au and 876 g/t Ag (14.68 g/t AuEq or 1,101 g/t AgEq) over 0.7m, plus 0.27 g/t Au and 85 g/t Ag (1.40 g/t AuEq or 105 g/t AgEq) over 2.5m.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced drill results and reported a new high grade mineral discovery on the El Sol concession at its Cerro Las Minitas project, Durango. Hole 21SOL-003 intersected 549 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, 8.6% Pb, and 3.6% Zn (982 g/t AgEq or 24.9% ZnEq) over 3.5m, including 1,760 g/t Ag, 0.9 g/t Au, 0.1% Cu, 23.6% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (2,622 g/t AgEq or 66.5% ZnEq) over 0.8m, plus 129 g/t Ag, 0.6 g/t Au, 3.9% Pb, and 6.2% Zn (547 g/t AgEq or 13.9% ZnEq) over 0.4m. Drill crews have mobilized back to the El Sol concession to complete an additional three core holes.
- Gatos Silver Inc., provided an update on the resource and reserve estimation process following recent reconciliation work at its Cerro Los Gatos, Chihuahua, and provided 2022 production and cost guidance. “The company concluded that there were errors in the technical report entitled “Los Gatos Project, Chihuahua, Mexico” with an eﬀective date of July 1, 2020, as well as indications that there is an overestimation in the existing resource model. On a preliminary basis, the company estimates a potential reduction of the metal content of Cero Los Gatos mineral reserve ranging from 30% to 50% of the metal content remaining after depletion. The company is working with independent engineering consultants to better understand the magnitude of the overestimation, including conducting a detailed reconciliation of production to previous models and reserve calculation estimates, as well as creating a new Life of Mine (“LOM”) plan. The Company is working expeditiously to complete this reconciliation”. Los Gatos produced in 2021 over 7.6M Oz Ag, 50 M Lb Zn, 40M Lb Pb and 5K Oz Au. It also provided a 2022 production and cost guidance. It estimates to produce 8.5-9M Oz Ag, 49-54M Lb Zn, -M Lb Pb, and 4-4.5K Oz Au at AISC of USD $16.50-18.50/Oz (co-product basis) and USD $13-15/Oz (by product basis).
- Vizsla Silver Corp., provided a 2021 year end summary of its activities at its flagship Panuco project in Sinaloa. In 2021, the company drilled 99,783m in 319 holes at Panuco, focused on the western portion of the district at both Napoleon and Tajitos targets. Now, the company has drilled 127,756 m in 449 holes on the property. The most relevant results are at the Napoleon target where drilling has delineated a 1,920m by 300m resource area defined by 148 holes, suggesting an estimated weighted average true width of 3.36m at an average grade of 421 g/t AgEq. High grade remains open along strike and down dip to the south. Vizsla also contracted ALS Canada to conduct preliminary metallurgical testing on representative composited material sourced from the Napoleon vein, and has initiated data capture of standard geotechnical parameters on all resource/exploration drilling. Vizsla has contracted SRK Consulting to design and lead the preliminary data collection program, with most of the work being carried out by Vizsla geologists. “Focus for 2022 is exploration and growth. With +120,000 meter fully funded drill program designed to 1) further expand the Project’s maiden resource base on the western portion of the property and 2) test high priority targets on the central and eastern portions of the district, Vizsla aims to identify new centers of mineralization from which to delineate additional resources while simultaneously investigating accelerated development opportunities”.
- Tarachi Gold Corp., made significant progress in developing its Magistral tailing project in Durango towards a production decision, including an auger drill program to provide assay data for a resource estimate and bulk material for metallurgical testing, which demonstrated that >80% Au recoveries without the need for re-grinding the feed. The company completed a PEA study, including a resource estimate of 1.26 M tonnes of 1.93 g/t Au with approximately 87% of the resource in the measured category, outlining a potentially high-margin, low capex gold mining scenario. Highlights of the PEA include an average annual production of 16K Oz Au plus Cu concentrate by-product, AISC of $705/OZ net of Ag and Cu credits, and after-tax IRR of 85%.
- Mithril Resources Ltd., provided a Q4, 2021 on activities at its Copalquin project, Durango. Highlights include the delivery of its high-grade maiden JORC indicated and inferred mineral resource estimate of El Refugio-La Soledad in the Copalquin district in Durango, with 2,416,000 tonnes of 4.8 g/t Au and 141 g/t Ag (6.81 g/t AuEq), for a total of 373K Oz Au and 10.95M Oz Ag (529K Oz Au) contained using a cut-off of 2 g/t Au; commencement of a metallurgical and mining study work for El Refugio resource; expansion of targets for the district scale Copalquin for 2022 exploration program; and progress on the acquisition of the Copalquin mining district mining concessions via its purchase option agreement to 25% by completing USD $4M direct expenditure.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Bear Creek Mining Corporation provided an update of the acquisition from Equinox Gold Corp., of the Mercedes mine, located in Sonora. TSX has approved the acquisition as well as of for (i) the company´s gold purchase agreement with Sandstorm Gold Ltd. “Sandstorm will provide the company with USD$37.5M and in exchange Bear Creek will sell to Sandstorm 600 ounces of reﬁned gold per month for 42 months (a total of 25,200 ounces) at a price equal to 7.5% of the spot gold price at the time of delivery and thereafter the company will sell to Sandstorm 4.4% of gold produced by Mercedes at a price equal to 25% of the spot price at the time of delivery; and (ii) the private placement by the Company to Sandstorm of a 6%, three-year Convertible Debentures having a principal amount of USD $22.5M. Proceeds from the Gold Purchase Agreement and the Convertible Debentures will be applied to partially fund the purchase price of the acquisition”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc) carried out in collaboration with the Urban Development and Ecology area of the Caborca City Council, the first Reforestation Day 2022. During the day, 400 regional trees of the Mezquite and Neem species, as well as a hose and accessories for their installation, were delivered to representatives of 13 schools in Pitiquito and Caborca to inform about the importance of reforestation and of having an environmental culture for the benefit of all the inhabitants.
- Four educational institutions that Grupo México supports in the Mexican Republic have obtained results above the national average in the most recent evaluations carried out by the Ministry of Public Education. In addition, education also focuses on the teaching of English as a second language
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) invested over MXP $7M in seven public works in four communities. These works in the towns of Atzcala, Real del Limón, La Fundición and Nuevo Balsas are part of the Minera Media Luna program as a Socially Responsible Company, whose objective is to take advantage of the money in infrastructure works that allow social development.
- Minera San Xavier S.A de C.V. (Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosi), informed that, as of January 2022, it has made significant progress in the execution of its biophysical and social Closure Plan, which has been Responsible, Inclusive and Participatory.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a quartz breccia cemented by tourmaline from a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Americas Gold and Silver invertirá 30 millones de dólares en su mina de Cosalá, Sinaloa
La empresa canadiense Americas Gold and Silver anunció que invertirá 30 millones de dólares en su mina de San Rafael en Cosalá, Sinaloa, durante los próximos tres años.
Fuente: El Economista
Energéticos e insumos dispararon la inflación en el sector minero
El alza en los precios de los energéticos –provocada por la recuperación de los precios del petróleo– así como los costos de logística e insumos dispararon la inflación en el sector minero en México durante el año pasado, señaló la Cámara Minera de México (Camimex).
Fuente: El Economista
La minería como puntal de desarrollo económico: Pablo Méndez Alvídrez
Pablo Méndez Alvídrez, presidente del Clúster Minero de Chihuahua informó que este sector es puntal de desarrollo económico ya que, representa el 4 por ciento del PIB Estatal y ha logrado la generación de más de 20 mil empleos directos y más de 102 mil indirectos, lo cual es una gran aportación para el estado.
Fresnillo plc realiza jornada de reforestación
Minera Penmont, filial de Fresnillo plc, realizó del 18 al 21 de enero, en colaboración con el área de Desarrollo Urbano y Ecología del Ayuntamiento de Caborca, la Primera Jornada de Reforestación 2022, como parte de las actividades de la campaña de cuidado del medio ambiente.
Fuente: Outlet minero