TORONTO, Dec. 29, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — VVC Exploration Corporation (“VVC” or the “Company”) (TSX-V:VVC) announces the filing, on SEDAR, of its Financials for the period ended October 31, 2017 and provides an update on its ongoing drilling program in Mexico .
Month: December 2017
MAG Silver Files Preliminary Base Shelf Prospectus
Vancouver, B.C. MAG Silver Corp. (TSX:MAG) (NYSE American:MAG) (“MAG”) today announced that it has filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus with the securities commissions in each of the provinces of Canada, except Quebec. The base shelf prospectus will allow MAG to offer up to US$200,000,000 of common shares, preferred shares, debt securities, subscription receipts, units and warrants from time to time over a 25-month period after Canadian securities regulatory authorities have issued a receipt for the final short form base shelf prospectus. The specific terms of any future offering of securities (if any), will be set forth in a shelf prospectus supplement. The Company has filed this base shelf prospectus to maintain financial flexibility but has no immediate intentions to undertake an offering.
SilverCrest Metals Releases Results of Infill Drilling at Babicanora, Mexico, Including 3.1 Metres of 8,049 gpt Silver Equivalent
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – December 28, 2017) – SilverCrest Metals (TSXV: SIL) (OTCQX: SVCMF) has released additional phase II drill results for the Las Chispas Property, located in Sonora, Mexico, where infill drilling of the Babicanora Vein continues to intersect high-grade mineralization.
Orla Mining Ltd. Announces Share Settlement
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Dec. 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Orla Mining Ltd. (TSX-V:OLA) (the “Company” or “Orla”) announces that its Board of Directors has approved a proposed share for debt settlement (the “Shares for Debt Settlement”) with certain creditors, providing for the settlement of an aggregate of $206,783 in debt through the issuance of an aggregate of 147,702 common shares of the Company at an issue price of $1.40 per common share.
Primero Closes Sale of Cerro del Gallo
México.- Primero Mining Corp. today announced that the Company has closed the previously disclosed sale of the Cerro del Gallo development project (the “Project”), via the sale of all of the issued and outstanding shares of San Anton Resource Corporation, the indirect owner of the Project to Argonaut Gold Inc.
Primero has received total consideration of $15 million. The proceeds net of closing costs will be used to permanently reduce the outstanding balance on the Company’s revolving credit facility.
Gold Resource Corporation Declares December Monthly Dividend
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, Dec. 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
Gold Resource Corporation (NYSE American: GORO) (the “Company”) declares its monthly instituted dividend of 1/6 of a cent per common share for December 2017 payable on January 23, 2018 to shareholders of record as of January 11, 2018. Gold Resource Corporation is a gold and silver producer, developer and explorer with operations in Oaxaca, Mexico and Nevada, USA.
SilverCrest Announces Infill Drilling Results for Babicanora Vein
VANCOUVER, BC – December 27, 2017 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce additional Phase II drill results for the Las Chispas Property (the “Property”) located in Sonora, Mexico. Infill drilling of the Babicanora Vein continues to intersect high-grade mineralization. With the latest results, SilverCrest has drill-tested and intersected high-grade mineralization for over 1,000 metres of strike length at the Babicanora Vein (see attached Figures). There are 19 known epithermal veins on the Property, including nine which have been drilled, and consist of the Babicanora, Babicanora Footwall, Las Chispas, Giovanni, La Blanquita, William Tell, Varela, Granaditas and Amethyst veins. SilverCrest has intersected high-grade silver-gold mineralization in each of the nine veins drilled to date.
Highlights on the Third Week of December, 2017. Mineral Exploration in Mexico
During the 51st week of the year (December 18th to December 24th, 2017), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES: The illegal blockade promoted by the Los Mineros Union since November 3, 2017 is showing how far the government is willing to go, or not, to establish the rule of law. ON EXPLORATION: two press releases from companies working in Mexico informed on exploration efforts during the week: In Chihuahua Radius Gold released good rock chip results from its Amalia project. In Sinaloa Gainey Capital is exploring the La Minita porphyry copper style property. ON MINING: Great Panther announced government authorization for the construction of a second tailings storage facility at its Topia mine in Durango. Mexus Gold produced gold with a Merrill Crowe system installed at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Americas Silver announced the San Rafael mine at its Cosala complex is now on commercial production. ON FINANCING: Telson Resources entered into a US$15 M loan with Trafigura. SilverCrest completed a bought deal private placement for $10 M. Primero Mining agreed on an extension to its revolving credit facility. Torex Gold received a waiver to lower the threshold in the credit agreement from $50 M to $30 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT: In Sonora, Oceanus Resources presented an update on the drilling of its El Tigre property. In Chihuahua, Consolidated Zinc announced the interception of massive sulfides on the Tres Amigos zone of its Plomosas property. In Puebla, Almaden released new results from follow-up drilling at its Tuligtic property. In Guerrero, Alio Gold provided the final results of the confirmation drilling at its Ana Paula project. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Torex Gold suspended its workforce employment contracts on the basis of the illegal blockade that has halted all operations since November 3rd at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. The company has made a call to the relevant authorities to remove the illegal blockade (which seems to have fallen on deaf ears). Orex Minerals, Canasil Resources and Pan American Silver signed an agreement to advance the Sandra Escobar project in Durango, same that includes provisions for Pan American participation on the discovery. Gainey Capital signed a LOI to acquire the La Minita property in Sinaloa. Marlin Gold can now spin-off its subsidiary Sailfish Royalty. Vangold is acquiring the San Carlos claim in Guanajuato, adjacent to its Pinguico property. Americas Silver agreed with Hochschild to amend the payment schedule on the acquisition of the San Felipe project in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- On the Torex Gold El Limon – Guajes mine illegal blockade in Guerrero (Editor’s comment). The illegal blockade promoted by the Los Mineros Union since November 3, 2017 is showing how far the government is willing to go, or not, to establish the rule of law. The Los Mineros Union is clearly trying to extortionate Torex with an illegal blockade to obtain the Union contract at the site, and delaying the date for a formal voting process that the company has vowed to respect.
- Radius Gold Inc. released rock sampling results from its Amalia project in Chihuahua. A new discovery in the San Pedro area returned 13 m @ 2.51 g/t Au, 164 g/t Ag in a continuous chip sample (10 individual samples), while new sampling 50 m above and along strike the Guadalupe zone returned 8 m @ 0.21 g/t Au, 264 g/t Ag. At the Campamento zone a 500×700 m zone of intense silicification and brecciation with massive and stockwork veining is interpreted as high level mineralization. On lower parts of the property sulfide rich fault breccias are hosted in andesites, where mineralization is narrower and higher grade. Epithermal Au-Ag mineralization occurs along 3.5 Km on strike and 600 m of vertical interval. Drill permitting documentation has been submitted.
- Gainey Capital Corp. signed a LOI to acquire the 9,200 hectares La Minita Cu-Au-Ag property in Sinaloa. A series of NW trending shears host porphyry mineralization associated with intermediate and felsic dikes, which are more than 300 m in length and up to 10 m in width. Fine grained sericitic alteration, silicification, quartz stockworks and copper sulfides (bornite, chalcopyrite) as disseminations and veins occur in prospect pits by gambusinos.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. announced that SEMARNAT granted all permits for construction and operation of the new phase II tailings storage facility at its Topia mine in Durango.
- Mexus Gold US informed that it has produced gold with the installed Merrill Crowe system at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake with First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora). The Merrill Crowe system will continue to be tested until the end of the year, as mine site security is upgraded before full production begins.
- Americas Silver Corp. announced that the San Rafael mine at the company’s Cosalá operations in Sinaloa is now in commercial production, as of December 19, 2017. Mine production is currently averaging 1,200 tonnes per day (tpd) and increasing.
- Telson Resources Inc. entered into a loan facility and offtake agreement with Trafigura Mexico, S.A. de C.V., to sell 100% of the Pb-Zn concentrate produced at the Tahuehueto mine from January 2018 to December 2022. Trafigura provided Telson with with a US$15 M credit facility deliverable on three tranches: First tranche of US$7.5 M already received; Second tranche of US$5 M, 4 – 6 Months from signing; Third tranche US$2.5 M, 6 – 9 months of signing.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. completed the bought deal private placement previously announced, for gross proceeds of $10 M. The company paid a cash commission of $568 K on the proceeds of the offering.
- Primero Mining Corp. agreed with its lenders to an extension of its revolving credit facility and guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. to January 11, 2018. Primero is considering the divestiture of its San Dimas mine in Durango.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. has received a waiver by BNP Paribas on behalf of the lenders to lower the covenant threshold in the credit agreement from $50 M to $30 M until January 31, 2018.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alio Gold Inc. provided the final results from the 2,000 m drill program to twin previous drill holes within the pre-feasibility pit for metallurgical test at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Highlighted intervals comprise: 112.0 m @ 3.85 g/t Au; 33.1 m @ 7.07 g/t Au; 54.6 m @ 7.19 g/t Au. Alio is now to test the extension of the breccia zone below the proposed pit, with a 4,000 m program, commencing in January.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. provided assay results from a follow-up drilling in an upper portion of the pre-feasibility pit on its Tuligtic property in Puebla. Highlighted drill intercepts comprise: 46.0 m @ 0.74 g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag; 24.0 m @ 0.62 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 16.5 m @ 0.56 g/t Au, 10 g/t Ag; 50.5 m @ 0.73 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag (including 10.5 m @ 2.45 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag); 13.15 m @ 0.70 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag; 32.0 m 0.82 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag; 14.7 m @ 0.91 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag; 10.25 m @ 1.16 g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced that drilling on the Tres Amigos North zone intersected 5.60 m and 4.35 m respectively of massive sulfides. “Assays are pending but visual analysis shows mineralisation comprises banded textured massive sulphides with very fine to fine-grained pyrite overprinted by coarse-grained yellow to reddish sphalerite and minor galena associated with carbonates”. Results are pending.
- Oceanus Resources Corp. completed the fall 2017 drill program which comprised 600 m of diamond drilling to define the strike and dip of the high-grade Caleigh vein and the low-grade alteration zone in the hanging wall. Assays for the last six holes are pending, and expected to be released in January 2018. Work during Q1 2018 is to focus in locating and defining other high-grade vein systems in the property, and begin to look for mineralization on the favorable El Tigre formation over a distance of 5 km.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed it has suspended the employment contracts of its workforce in Mexico, a direct result of an illegal blockade at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. The blockade by the Los Mineros Union, “an outside union that wants to take over representation of the employees who already have a union. Since the blockade began, on November 3, 2017, the Company has continued to pay its workforce, except for the minority that have participated in the illegal blockade”. Torex has made a call to the relevant authorities to remove the illegal blockade, as they have committed to do, and restore the rule of law. The company is willing to work with the Union the employees select, but it is essential the illegal blockade is lifted to resume work after Christmas. The company stresses that “The risk of violent confrontation continues to escalate and we urge the authorities to restore law and order and diffuse the tensions, so that employees of the Company, contractors, and suppliers, can go back to work and provide for their families.”
- Orex Minerals Inc. signed a non-binding agreement with Canasil Resources Inc. and Pan American Silver Corp. to advance exploration in the Sandra Escobar mining camp in Durango. Under the terms of the LOI (Letter of Intention) the Orex (55%)-Canasil (45%) JV is to grant Pan American a 10% interest in the Sandra property, with the opportunity for Pan American in the next four years to earn-in an additional 41% in the Sandra property by contributing US$5 M toward the operations of both properties, with US$2 M required during the first two years. If Pan American elects not to continue during the earn-in period, the initial 10% will revert back to the Orex-Cansil JV. If Pan American chooses to further advance the properties by completing a pre-feasibility study, it will retain a 60% interest and the Orex-Canasil JV 40%.
- Gainey Capital Corp. signed a LOI with Asteria Mining Services S.A.P.I. de C.V. to acquire 100% of the 9,200 hectares La Minita Cu-Au-Ag property in Sinaloa.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. obtained a final order from the Supreme Court of British Columbia to implement the company’s previously announced plan of arrangement to reorganize its business, including the spin-off of its subsidiary Sailfish Royalty Corp.
- Vangold Mining Corp. entered into an acquisition agreement for a 100% interest on the San Carlos claim, in Guanajuato. The aggregate purchase price of $CDN425 K is to be paid through the issuance of CDN$350 K in Vangold shares and the remaining CDN$75 K will be paid in cash. The San Carlos property is close to Vangold’s El Pinguico and Patito I & II mineral claims.
- Americas Silver Corp. agreed with Minera Hochschild to amend the timing of payment under its option agreement on the San Felipe project in Sonora. The total consideration for a 100% interest in the property is US$15 M in cash (plus VAT), of which US$7 M were paid in March, US$500 K are to be paid on January 2018, US$500 K on April 2018, US$1 M on July 2018 and US$6 M on December 2018.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, Fault slickensides on quartzite, Durango. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
Primero Extends Revolving Credit Facility to January 11, 2018
TORONTO, ON — (Marketwired) — 12/22/17 — Primero Mining Corp. (“Primero” or the “Company”) (TSX: P) today announced that the Company has agreed with its lenders to an extension of its revolving credit facility (“RCF”) and guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp., previously maturing on December 22, 2017. The maturity of the RCF has been extended to January 11, 2018, providing the Company with the ability to continue negotiations surrounding its previously announced strategic review process and the possible divestiture of its San Dimas mine in Mexico. There can be no certainty that these discussions will result in a resolution acceptable to all stakeholders.
Torex And Lenders Sign Waiver On Liquidity Covenant
TORONTO, Ontario, December 22, 2017 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) announces that its wholly owned subsidiary, Minera Media Luna, S.A. de C.V. (MML), has received a waiver signed by BNP Paribas, as Administrative Agent, on behalf of the Lenders to lower the liquidity covenant threshold in the credit agreement of July 21, 2017, from $50 million to $30 million until January 31, 2018, with the proviso that the remaining $25 million available under the credit agreement, and not yet drawn, is counted toward meeting the liquidity covenant threshold but it may not be drawn by MML. In addition, the Company provided an update on the current situation at the ELG site.