Flow -banded rhyolite
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirty-five week of the year (July 26th to September 1st, 2019), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven disclosing deals and corporate issues, six announcing financial rounds, four communicating production results, three reporting on resources and development of their projects, and two informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Kootenay reported drilling results from four holes drilled at its Columba project. In Jalisco, GoGold reported drilling results from ten new holes drilled at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Argonaut extended El Castillo mine life with zero-cost collar gold price protection program. Mexus Gold commenced leaching of 5K tonnes of mineralized material at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Telson processed 2,166 tonnes of concentrates from its Tahuehueto project in Durango and announced significant metallurgical recoveries. Santacruz reported Q2, 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Excellon completed an $11.5M bought deal financing (La Platosa mine, Durango). First Mexican Gold announced consolidation and private placement for gross proceeds of $0.5M (Guadalupe property, Sonora). Sable announced a strategic investment with Osisko Gold Royalty for potential proceeds of $12.58M (Margarita project, Chihuahua). Silver Spruce closed a private placement for gross proceeds of $261,250 (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua). New Gold closed a bought deal financing for gross proceeds of CDN $150M (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi). Gold Resource declared monthly dividend to shareholders (Arista deposit, Oaxaca). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Santacruz updated mineral resource estimate at its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas. Impact Silver reported results of the successful dense media separation (DMS) study at its Capire project in Mexico State. SilverCrest released in-fill drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Prize Mining reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Manto Negro project, Coahuila). SilverCrest announced that the company will begin trading on TSX (Las Chispas project, Sonora). Golden Minerals received continued listing standard notice from New York Stock Exchange (Santa María project, Chihuahua). Azure revealed that it has regained 100% of the Alacran Au-Ag project from Teck. Consolidated Zinc announced that the Federal Court of Mexico has ruled in its favour on the land use agreement dispute with the landowner. Minera Alamos announced the closing of the Guadalupe de los Reyes option and the acquisition of common shares of Prime Mining. Newmont Goldcorp announced successful completion of consent solicitation for its 5.875% notes due 2035 (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Kootenay Silver Inc., released drilling results from four new holes drilled at its Columba project in Chihuahua. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole CDH-19-009 with 516 g/t Ag and 0.2% Zn over 2.90m, including 1,070 g/t Ag and 0.4% Zn over 0.90m; hole CDH-19-008 with 112 g/t Ag over 33.5m, including 408 g/t Ag, 0.7% Pb, and 1.1% Zn over 4.85m; and hole CDH-19-007 with 417 g/t Ag and 0.1% Zn over 1.68m and other interval of 693 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 1.13% Zn over 1.55m. The ongoing drilling program has showed that the F vein has returned high grades over good widths, the known veins have excellent continuity along strike and to depth, and the newly discovered veins in the hanging wall also contain high grades. Kootenay has drilled 16 holes to date of a planned first phase 25-30 holes program.
- GoGold Resources Inc., announced drilling results from ten new holes drilled at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco: three at the Los Ricos main area and seven on the Cerro Colorado target located 1.5Km to the south of the main area. The most significant drill intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-19-028 located at the Los Ricos main area, with 1.21 g/t Au and 133 g/t Ag (2.99 g/t AuEq) over 27.5m, including 2.93 g/t Au and 294 g/t Ag (6.85 g/t AuEq) over 11m, and on the Cerro Colorado target in hole LRGC-19-004 with 1.28 g/t Au and 107 g/t Ag (2.71 g/t AuEq) over 11.5m. The drilling program has now been expanded for additional testing along 3.2Km of the Los Ricos mineralized zone while at the Cerro Colorado target it has showed that the quartz vein system has good grades over a strike length of at least 500m.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., extended El Castillo mine life as it entered into a series of zero-cost collar option contracts. The contracts cover 145K Oz Au through mid-2022. The floor price of the monthly gold collars has been set at $1,450/Oz with the ceiling price of the collars ranging from $1,630/Oz in Q4, 2019 to $1,760/Oz for H1, 2022.
- Mexus Gold US, commenced leaching of 5K tonnes of ore material at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora, and expects to recover from 5 to 8 Oz Au per day. The ore material has been tested and is returning values as high as 54.74 g/t Au.
- Telson Mining Corporation, processed 2,166 tonnes of concentrate with average grades of 5.32 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb, 3.2% Zn, and 0.24% Cu from its Tahuehueto project in Durango, to produce 82.9 tonnes of Au rich Pb concentrate grading 101 g/t Au, 702 g/t Ag, 38.8% Pb, and 5.29%Cu, and 130.8 tonnes of Zn concentrate grading 40.8% Zn, 12.02 g/t Au, and 94 g/t Ag. Telson has achieved the highest recoveries to date at 86% Au, 85% Ag, 86% Pb, 77% Zn, and 84% Cu.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q2, 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican operation in Zacatecas and San Luis Potosi. Consolidated mining operations generated a gross profit of $251, including gross profit from Rosario mine in San Luis Potosi of $54, and gross loss from Veta Grande mine in Zacatecas of $691 plus mine services gross profit of $888. Net loss after taxes was $1,137, cash cost per Oz AgEq of $16.07 and an AISC of $18.37. Santacruz processed 37,156 tonnes at Veta Grande to produce 240.2K Oz AgEq, at a cash cost of $17.68 per Oz AgEq produced and an AISC of $19.70 per Oz AgEq. At El Rosario, it processed 20.789 tonnes to produce 133.1K Oz AgEq at a cash cost of $14.23 per Oz AgEq produced and an AISC of $16.81 per Oz AgEq.
- Excellon Resources Inc., completed its previously announced bought deal offering for $11.5M. Gross proceeds will be used to fund exploration and capital expenditures at its Platosa project in Durango, and its Evolution project in Zacatecas. In connection with the offering, insiders purchased an aggregate of 1,015,000 units for a total consideration of $1M.
- First Mexican Gold Corp., announced consolidation of its common shares on a ten for one basis, and proposes to close a private placement for gross proceeds of $0.5M. The closing of the offering is anticipated to take place on or about September 30, 2019, or such other later date as the Company may agree (Guadalupe project, Sonora).
- Sable Resources Ltd., announced a strategic investment with Osisko Gold Royalty for potential proceeds of $12.58M. This financing will provide Sable with the funding to progress its exploration objectives over its entire portfolio for the next 4 years. In connection with the financing, Osisko will have a right of first refusal over any royalty, stream or similar right in Sable properties, equity participation right to maintain pro-rata ownership interest so long as Osisko owns more than 5% of the outstanding common shares of Sable, and the right to nominate one person to Sable´s board of directors so long as Osisko owns more than 5% of the outstanding common shares of Sable. Additionally, Sable granted Osisko the right to acquire 1% NSR on properties controlled by Sable´s wholly subsidiaries in Mexico for $5M. The NSR will extend to any additional properties acquired by Sable within a period of 4 years from the closing of the NSR agreement. Sable also has granted Osisko the right to acquire an additional 1% NSR for $5.5M on all minerals produced from initial and future properties control by Sable until the expiration of the NSR agreement (Margarita and Vinata projects, Chihuahua).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., closed a private placement for net proceeds of $261,250. Funds will be used to conduct due diligences and exploration activities (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua).
- New Gold Inc., closed a bought deal financing for gross proceeds of CAD $150M (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi).
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared its August dividend of 1/6 of a cent per common share payable on September 23, 2019 to shareholders (Arista deposit, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., updated mineral resource estimate at its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas. Considering a cut-off of 100 g/t Ag, the inferred resources is 3,954,729 tonnes of 136 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, and 0.11% combined Pb+Zn (153 g/t AgEq) to contain 47M Oz AgEq.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported results of the successful Dense Media Separation (DMS) study at its Capire open pit VMS deposit located within the Zacualpan mining district in Mexico State. “These preliminary tests indicate that it may be possible to pre-concentrate crushed run of mine material using a low cost Dense Medium Separation (DMS) plant prior to milling and mineral processing, thereby reducing the overall cost of processing at Capire and potentially bringing it back into economic production”. An initial test showed that 25% of the sample retained over 99% of Ag, Pb, and Zn minerals, and over 97% of Cu and Au in a heavy liquid separation (HLS) concentrate. A second test showed that over 42% of the sample retained 93% of Ag and Pb minerals and 79% to 92% of Cu, Au, and Zn in an HLS concentrate. “These results suggest that the addition of a DMS pre-concentration plant to the Capire process flow sheet could unlock some significant operating cost improvements that would subsequently allow a lowering of cut off grade and access to otherwise uneconomic areas of the Capire deposit”.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released in-fill drilling results of 33 holes from the Babi Sur vein within its Las Chispas project in Sonora. The in-fill drilling has increased the confidence of resources and high-grade continuity in the vein. The most significant drill intersections were encountered in hole BAS19-63 with 8.51 g/t Au and 717 g/t Ag (1,355 g/t AgEq) over 3.1m of true width; hole BAS19-57 with 3.1 g/t Au and 305 g/t Ag (536 g/t AgEq) over 8.8m; and hole BAS19-49 with 5.32 g/t Au and 374 g/t Ag (773 g/t AgEq) over 3.8m. “The Babi Sur Vein and Babi Sur HW Vein are still open to depth and down plunge to the southeast. Unnamed veins are under review for possible continuity and announcement(s) of additional vein discoveries. Approximately 25 to 35 additional in-fill and expansion holes, for a minimum of 7,000 metres, are planned for the Babi Sur veins in H2, 2019”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Prize Mining Corporation, reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders. It also plans to change the name of the company to Boundary Gold and Copper Mining Ltd, and a consolidation of its common shares on a five for one basis. Change name is subject to the approval of the TSX (Manto Negro project, Coahuila).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., announced that it will begin trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) following its graduation from the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture (TSXV) (Las Chispas project, Sonora).
- Golden Minerals Company, received continued listing standard notice from the New York Stock Exchange. Specifically, the company is not in compliance with section 1003 (a) (iii) since it reported stockholder´s equity of less than $6M as of June 30, 2019 and losses from continuing operations and/or net losses in its five most recent fiscal years. In order to maintain its listing on the NYSE, Golden was asked to submit a plan of compliance no later than September 18, 2019 advising how the company intends to regain compliance with section 1003 (a) (iii) of the company guide by February 19, 2021 (Santa Maria project, Chihuahua).
- Azure Minerals Limited, revealed that it has regained 100% of the Alacran Au-Ag project in Sonora from Teck. Alacran project host global resources of 32.2M Oz Ag and 150K Oz Au, being 27.4M Oz Ag at Loma de Plata deposit and 4.8M Oz Ag and 150K Oz Au at Loma Bonita deposit. “Azure accepted a first offer proposal to lock-in all Teck’s rights and interest in the project by issuing Teck more than 27.5 million shares – effectively bumping Teck’s stake in Azure to 19.9%”. Teck also will retain a 0.5% NSR over Alacran project.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, announced that the Federal Court of Mexico has ruled in its favour on the land use agreement dispute with the local ranch owner, cancelling the prior appeal Court of Chihuahua which had ruled in favour of the landowner. The company continues to operate freely at its Plomosas mine and in accordance with the agreement.
- Minera Alamos Inc., announced the closing of the Guadalupe de Los Reyes option in Sinaloa, and the acquisition of 9.45M of common shares of Prime Mining Corp. It represents 16.1% of the outstanding common shares of Prime. Following the transaction, Minera Alamos also acquired warrants to purchase up to 3.35M additional common shares of Prime with the closing date being December 28th, 2019.
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, announced successful completion of consent solicitation for its 5.875% notes due 2035. “Holders of approximately $575,330,000 (95.89%) in aggregate principal amount of the outstanding notes had validly delivered (and not validly revoked) their consent to the amendments. The company will pay, a cash payment equal to $33.33 per $1,000 aggregate principal amount of the notes for which holders had validly delivered (and not validly revoked) their consent to the amendments on or prior to the expiration date (August 23, 2019). The company intends to pay the consent fee on August 28, 2019”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, flow-banded rhyolite in a prospect in Guanajuato, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.