VANCOUVER, BC, April 12, 2018 – Silver One Resource Inc. (TSX-V: SVE; FSE: BRK1; OTC: SLVRF – “Silver One” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce results of the geophysical survey conducted on its wholly-owned Peñasco Quemado silver property in Sonora, Mexico.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 10th week of the year (March 5th to March 11th, 2018), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and three articles on mining matters in Mexico published by newspapers. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Fraser Institute released the results of the 2017 survey on Mining Attractiveness by Jurisdiction, with Mexico stagnant at mid table due to low results on taxation regime, labor disruptions and security perception. The Sonora government is supporting the mining industry with the signature of a collaboration agreement with the Economy Bureau. The governors of Chihuahua and Oaxaca attended the PDAC in Toronto for promoting mining investment in their respective states. Other delegations present were from Durango and Zacatecas. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora Riverside announced a bigger land position at its Cecilia project; Oceanus has mapped the favorable El Tigre Formation rock package for 5 km in strike length at its El Tigre property; Mexus Gold updated on exploration of its 8 Hermanos property; Millrock disclosed interesting low grade drilling results from its Navidad property; Azure has started the second drill campaign at its Sara Alicia Au-Co property. In Chihuahua VVC Minerals received the permit for drilling its Samalayuca property; Radius updated on exploration at its Amalia project. In Guanajuato, Vangold started the phase two of drilling at its Pinguico property. ON MINING, two companies, Americas Silver and Santacruz Silver presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. Magellan Gold announced the restart of its mill in Nayarit. ON FINANCING, Canuc Resources closed a $1.1 M financing round, Colibri closed the first tranche of a financing round netting $1.08 M. Vangold announced the opening of a financing round for raising up to $2 M. Santacruz Silver obtained a US$2.3 M private loan. Starcore closed a financing round for $125 K with an insider. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Levon Resources released an updated mineral resource report for its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Alio Gold provided an exploration update at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Leagold updated its mineral resource estimate for its Los Filos mine and the Bermejal Underground deposits in Guerrero. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acted on the LOI to option a group of properties adjacent to its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. Autlan is to acquire all shares from Metallorum (it already controls an undisclosed percentage), which owns the Lluvia de Oro mine in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico stays about the same on the investment attractiveness index published yearly by the Fraser Institute. Mexico fell to the 50 (of 91 jurisdictions surveyed) position from the 44 (of 104) on the 2016 survey, affected mainly by low rankings in security, taxation regime and labor regulations/work disruptions. In 2014 Mexico was on the 24 position of 122 surveyed. Chile ranked 8 and Peru 19 on the 2017 survey. Below is the table for the perception of the taxation regime (which presents the effect of the recently imposed royalties as a hard fact). The security perception ranking, along the other rankings can be seen at the following link: (https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/survey-of-mining-companies-2017.pdf).
- The Sonora government is supporting the development of the mining industry in the state with the signature of a collaboration agreement with the Economy Bureau (Secretaría de Economía). The agreement looks to promote investment, better technical assessments, training and cut red tape. The mining industry represents 17% of the state’s GDP, with the state providing 31% of Mexico’s mining production. Sonora’s Governor Claudia Pavlovich has been pushing a proposal on the Deputies Chamber to install a 100% deduction of exploration expenses on the year these are incurred.
- The governors of Chihuahua and Oaxaca attended the PDAC in Toronto Canada to promote mining investment on their states. Both Javier Corral (Chihuahua) and Alejandro Murat (Oaxaca) attended the Mexico Mining Day 2018 and had personal interviews with companies doing business in their states or trying to set a foothold there. Other delegations present were from Durango and Zacatecas.
- VVC Minerals Corp. received the permit for drilling at its Samalayuca property in Chihuahua. The SEMARNAT permit approved 22 new drilling sites, in addition to 13 already approved. The drilling is to focus on La Gloria Extension area, La Concha pit area, La Zorra zone and the Julianna, Suerte and Trinidad areas. The completed and proposed drilling cover 7 Km of strike length on the property.
- Vangold Mining Corp. concludes phase 1 drilling, starts phase 2 drilling at El Pinguico property in Guanajuato. Vangold completed five of 15 drill holes targeting the underground stockpiles (backfill) on the El Pinguico vein, with poor recoveries and grades. While a better method of assessing these stockpiles is researched, the company has initiated the phase 2 drilling campaign targeting the lower El Pinguico vein extension below the old workings, 300 m below the surface.
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced that it has been granted the mineral rights to the Cecilia 1 concession, increasing the ground held on the Cecilia project in Sonora to almost 6,000 hectares. Epithermal Au-Ag mineralization is associated to a rhyolite flow-dome setting.
- Oceanus Resources Corp. updated on its exploration efforts on El Tigre property in Sonora. The El Tigre Formation is the rock package that host the historic El Tigre mine, which operated from 1903 to 1938, producing 353 K Oz Au and 67.4 M Oz Ag; the favorable El Tigre Formation has been now traced for 5 km.
- Mexus Gold US. presented an update on exploration of its 8 Hermanos and Scorpio_370 claims in Sonora. Mexus controls 2,800 hectares in an area with sedimentary rocks intruded by granodiorite, dioritic dikes and a diorite porphyry, all covered in turn by Tertiary volcanic tuffs and flows. Three samples from the 370 concession returned 9 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag; 47 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag; 10 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag. Porphyry copper potential is highlighted on a report (no alteration is described).
- Radius Gold Inc. provided an update on exploration at the Amalia project in Chihuahua. The 10,380 ha project has Au-Ag mineralization defined over 2 km of strike length in high level chalcedonic veins, stockworks and breccias and deeper level structurally controlled higher grade mineralization. “Radius continues to advance the Amalia project and is currently permitting drilling and bulldozer trenching.” Recent channel sampling returned 4.5 m @ 10.3 g/t Au, 202 g/t Ag, extending the total strike length of the high-level epithermal mineralization of the Campamento zone to 500 m.
- Millrock Resources Inc. reported on first phase core drilling at its La Navidad project in Sonora, funded by earn-in partner Centerra Gold. In total, 2,130 m were drilled in 12 holes, with several anomalous intersections, like: 17.2 m @ 0.75 g/t Au (including 1 m @ 9.05 g/t Au); 15.65 m @ 0.60 g/t Au; 18.30 m @ 0.33 g/t Au; 18.0 m @ 0.12 g/t Au; 6.00 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 5.90 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 57.0 m @ 0.29 g/t Au; 16.6 m @ 0.35 g/t Au.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced the start of the second drilling campaign on its Sara Alicia project in Sonora. “The Sara Alicia mineralised zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry. This intrusive event caused strong alteration and mineralising reactions in the limestones to form a skarn body which hosts massive and semi-massive sulphides containing the cobalt and gold mineralisation”. The first phase of this drilling campaign is to comprise 1,000 m in 10-12 holes, targeting along-strike and down-dip extensions. The second phase is planned to complete a 50 x 50 m drill pattern over the mineralized body.
- Americas Silver Corp. reported 4Q and year-end financial results for 2017, including some figures from its operations in Mexico. The San Rafael mine in Sinaloa declared commercial production on December 19, 2017, and was constructed for $16.3 M, 32% lower than the initial project guidance. For 2018 the company plans to produce 1.6 to 2.0 M Oz Ag and 7.2 to 8.0 M Oz AgEq. Cash balance at the end of December was $9.3 M, with net working capital of $11.8 M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. Santacruz produced 865.4 K Oz AgEq during the year, including 139.7 K Oz AgEq during the fourth quarter. At Veta Grande in Zacatecas 102.1 K tonnes were milled @ 100 g/t Ag (127 g/t AgEq) and Ag recovery of 61% to produce 201.3 K Oz Ag, 424 Oz Au, 466 tonnes Pb, 803 tonnes Zn during the year. At Rosario in San Luis Potosi, 78.9 K tonnes were milled @ 52 g/t Ag (205 g/t AgEq) and a recovery of 85% Ag to produce 112.6 K Oz Ag, 1,007 Oz Au, 157 tonnes Pb, 1,489 tonnes Zn during the same period.
- Magellan Gold Corp. announced it has rehired employees and is restarting its 100% owned SDA mill in Nayarit. Operations are initially to reprocess tailing located at the site, with recovery of precious metals expected to defray holding costs of the mill while new ore sources are acquired. The mill last operated in November 2017 and processed third-party ore on a toll basis.
- Canuc Resources Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement financing with gross proceeds of $1.1 M (San Javier, Sonora).
- Colibri Resource Corp. has closed an over-subscribed first tranche on its previously announced $1 M financing, raising gross proceeds of $1.077 M. Total gross proceeds to be raised between the two tranches is expected to be $1.2 M (Pilar, Sonora).
- Vangold Mining Corp. announced a non-brokered private placement financing to raise up to $2 M, and fund the phase 2 drill program targeting the lower El Pinguico vein extension, and general working capital.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has arranged a loan from a private Bolivian mining company, for US$2.3 M. The loan bears interest at 9% per annum, is repayable July 1st, 2018, and is unsecured (Veta Grande, Zacatecas; Rosario, San Luis Potosi).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced the closing of its non-brokered private placement to an insider, for gross proceeds of $125 K (San Martin, Queretaro).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Levon Resources Ltd. announced an updated NI-43-101 mineral resource estimate and a 2018 preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the Cordero project in Chihuahua. The new estimate includes 990 M tonnes of ore @ 12.8 g/t Ag, 0.37% Zn, 0.17% Pb, 0.04 g/t Au as indicated resources and 282.2 M tonnes @ 20.7 g/t Ag, 0.75% Zn, 0.30% Pb, 0.04 g/t Au as inferred resources. The said resource contains 595 M Oz Ag, 1.63 M Oz Au, 12.7 B Lb Zn, 5.6 B Lb Pb in the indicated and inferred categories. The PEA includes an open pit mining rate of 40 K tpd (tonnes per day) to produce mineral concentrate, an annual production of 8 M Oz Ag, 44.8 K tonnes Zn, 31.1 K tonnes Pb, 11,900 Oz Au. Over the 29 year mine life on the PEA, 231 M Oz Ag, 2,863 M Lb Zn, 1,992 M Lb Pb would be produced.” Metallurgy is simple (side by side lead and zinc conventional flotation mills) with 88% overall recoveries after three rounds of bench-scale testing”.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided an update on exploration of its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. To date 1,300 m of the planned 3,800 m of surface drilling have been completed (two of six diamond drill holes), intersecting breccia mineralization as expected and awaiting assay results. Two new breccia targets were discovered by mapping within 1.5 km of the limit of the proposed pit, showing magmatic and hydrothermal breccia mineralization with traces of pyrite and arsenopyrite.
- Leagold Mining Corp. has filed a NI-43-101 technical report for the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. For Los Filos and Bermejal Underground deposits, measured and indicated resources amount to 13.53 M Oz Au, while inferred resources stand at 6.28 M Oz Au (Almost 20 million ounces of gold!).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp. has executed on the letter of intent (LOI) of an option agreement on the Rosario group of properties in Sonora. The Rosario concessions are adjacent to Sonoro’s Cerro Caliche property, covering 403.5 hectares, thereby increasing Sonoro’s land holdings in the area to 1,455 hectares. Sonoro is to acquire 100% interest on the property by paying the vendor (a Tucson resident) US$1.6 M payable in escalating cash installments over 72 months, with the initial installment of US$60 K payable on execution. The vendor is to retain 2% NSR, same that can be bought by Sonoro by US1 M for each one percent.
- Compañía Minera Autlán SAB de CV. is to acquire all the shares of Metallorum Holding, which owns the Lluvia de Oro mine in Sonora. The company is to invest US$25 M in the next three years to increase its manganese and ferroalloys production capacity.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, beautiful quartz vein with bladed calcite pseudomorphs at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
Vancouver B.C. – January 18, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the first trenching results from its 100%-owned Cuale high sulphidation epithermal gold project in Jalisco, Mexico. This preliminary exploration program was undertaken in December 2017 to define the extent of the La Gloria high sulphidation prospect and comprised three trenches over a distance of 300 metres within a core zone where previous rock chip sampling had defined gold mineralization.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Camrova Resources Inc. (“Camrova” or the “Company”) (TSX-V:CAV) (OTC:BAJFF) announces that its ownership in Minera y Metalurgica del Boleo S.A. P.I de C.V (“MMB”) is being diluted pursuant to the New Shareholders’ Agreement described in the Company’s News Release #2 / 2017 dated 2017-01-26.
As at June 30, 2017 MMB had issued cash calls amounting to $429.0 million. These cash calls were funded by way of shareholders loans. The Company did not contribute any amount to these cash calls and Korea Resource Corporation (“KORES”) funded the Company’s pro rata portion (10% or $42.9 million). In accordance with the New Shareholders’ Agreement, KORES now has elected to convert the entire amount it contributed on behalf of the Company to equity in MMB thereby reducing the Company’s interest in MMB from 10% to 7.3%.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX-V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the acquisition and initial exploration results of the Cuale gold property, an early-stage exploration property prospective for high sulphidation epithermal gold-silver in Jalisco, Mexico. The Cuale project was initially staked under the Callinan Royalties Generative Alliance (now owned by Altius Minerals Corporation (TSX:ALS)) with formal title granted to Evrim for 100% ownership in November 2017.
Vancouver, British Columbia / TheNewswire / October 18, 2017 – Harvest Gold Corporation (TSX.V:HVG) (“Harvest Gold” or the “Company”) and Evrim Resources Corp. (“Evrim”) (TSX.V:EVM) are pleased to announce soil sampling results from its Phase 1 exploration program at the high-grade Cerro Cascaron gold-silver project in Mexico.
The extensive soil sampling program covered an area of 4.5 kilometres by 1.6 kilometres north of the main gold vein field. Results have extended known veins, identified two new corridors and have highlighted a 1.4 kilometre-long, very strong gold-silver trend to the north of the highly prospective Serpiente Dorada vein. Highly anomalous soil samples, including one that assayed 1.38 grams per tonne (“g/t”) gold were also collected in the corridor where Serpiente Dorada intersects a newly identified, 1.8 kilometre long gold rich corridor (the “new vein corridor target”).
SAN PEDRO GARZA GARCIA, MEXICO, Jun 30, 2017 (Marketwired via COMTEX) — SAN PEDRO GARZA GARCIA, MEXICO–(Marketwired – June 30, 2017) – Compañía Minera Autlán, S.A.B. de C.V. (“Autlan”) announces that on June 30, 2017, it completed the sale of an aggregate of 16,370,215 common shares of GFM Resources Limited (“GFMR”) to its affiliate Metallorum Holding, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (“Metallorum”). The number of shares represents ownership of 85.77% of the issued and outstanding common shares of GFMR. The sale comprises all of the GFMR shares owned by Autlan.
During the 3rd week of the year (16th to 22nd January, 2017) at least 28 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including six preliminary production reports for 2016. ON EXPLORATION, five companies presented exploration updates. In Sonora exciting high grade gold results from a drilling campaign were announced, also in Sonora another company is defining a zoned porphyry copper alteration center. In Durango the results for the first holes of a large campaign are being received, with some mineralization to show. In Zacatecas a more than 50 m long interval of core shows brecciation, quartz veining and presence of sulfides, in a step-out hole targeting a Ag-Pb-Zn vein, results are pending. In Coahuila work was done during 2016 to define steep structures that could define high grade orebodies. ON MINING, McEwen Mining, Argonaut Gold, Avino Silver, First Majestic, Sierra Metals and Primero Mining presented preliminary fourth quarter and full-year 2016 production figures, and Capstone presented its operational and capital guidance for 2017. ON FINANCING, One company reported the closing of the first tranche of a non-brokered private financing for $209 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, one company reported updated resource estimates for its three mines in Mexico. Another company presented infill and exploration drilling results on its advanced project in Puebla, while one other company presented a PEA on a copper-gold property. A Mexican company boasts the largest manganese reserves in North America. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, a JV has been formed in a silver discovery in Durango; a company with a project in Sinaloa has been approved to list on the NYSE and a property in Sonora has been acquired to bring it into production by a JV.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced initial drill results from its Ermitaño project in Sonora provided by its exploration partner First Majestic Silver Corp. Results for four holes have been received, of a 947 meters drill program, including 18 m @ 11.4 g/t Au, 86 g/t Ag (including 3.3 m @ 34.6 g/t Au, 242 g/t Ag); 9.6 m @ 1.8 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag; 13.2 m @ 1.1 g/t Au, 29 g/t Ag; 8.8 m @ 0.8 g/t Au. “The Ermitaño West zone …. consists of a network of low to intermediate sulphidation east-west trending epithermal veins and stockwork. The veining covers an area 1,200 metres long by 600 metres wide”.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. presented a review of work done in 2016 at its Sierra Mojada property in Coahuila. The company completed a 590 line kilometer airborne magnetic geophysical survey, defining several deep structures coincident with old high grade silver and zinc mines, and some high grade intercepts on drilling. Drilling of 1,400 m on the fourth quarter, 2016, is to be followed by 1,400 m of drilling in the first quarter, 2017. Besides the silver mineralization, Silver Bull previously defined a measured and indicated resource of zinc oxide mineralization of 10 M tonnes @ 11% Zn. During 2017 the plan is to refine the metallurgy, needed for a preliminary economic assessment.
- Canasil Resources Inc. has completed the first hole of its current drilling campaign at its La Esperanza project in Zacatecas. This hole intersected an extended interval from 345 to 391 meters downhole, carrying banded quartz vein, veinlets and breccias hosted within volcanic rocks. Core is being logged and prepared for assaying; sphalerite, galena and chalcopyrite have been noted. The drill program is planned for 1,500 – 2,000 m of core drilling in four or five holes.
- San Marco Resources Inc. announced that geologic traverses, prospecting and rock chip sampling identified porphyritic intrusions along the NE contact of a batholith in target #1068 of its partnership with Globetrotters. Preliminary geologic mapping indicates a large zoned alteration system with a potassic (biotite-magnetite) core and a large phyllic (quartz-sericite) envelope.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported results from two holes of its 10,000 m drilling campaign at Cerro Las Minitas, Durango. The best intercept was 14.8 true width @ 39 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, 10.2% Zn. A second rig is being mobilized to the site to speed-up the program.
- McEwen Mining Inc. presented production results for 2016, which includes 55,266 AuEq Oz produced at its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa. At the end of the year the company has no debts and $36 M in cash, $21 M in precious metals and $7 M in marketable securities.
- Capstone Mining Corp. presented its operational and capital guidance for 2017. At Cozamin in Zacatecas, milled tonnes are expected to be lower, but at higher grade than in 2016, with 80% of ore coming from the narrow veined Mala Noche Footwall zone. “All-in cost includes the development costs reflective of the move from the main zone to the footwall zone.” During the year the potential to bring the existing zinc resource into the mine plan will be evaluated. The exploration budget for Cozamin is $5 M, which includes 30,000 m of primarily underground infill drilling aimed at increasing reserves.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. presented production figures for the fourth quarter and full year 2016. In the fourth quarter, at El Castillo in Durango 16,747 AuEq Oz were produced, and 17,637 AuEq Oz at La Colorada in Sonora. During 2016 El Castillo and La Colorada produced 62,766 and 59,331 AuEq Oz respectively, for a total of 122,097 AuEq Oz. At year end the company had $42 M in cash and $30 M available on an undrawn corporate revolver. For 2017 the company aims to produce 70-80 K AuEq Oz and 45-50 K AuEq Oz at El Castillo/San Agustin Complex and La Colorada respectively, at consolidated cash cost $675-$725 and AISC $910-$960.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. reported fourth quarter and full year 2016 production results from its Avino property in Durango. The consolidated production for the year was 1.612 M Oz Ag, 7,119 Oz Au and 4.2 M Lb Cu, for a total of 2.679 M Oz AgEq. During the fourth quarter 2016, at the Avino mine 101.6 K tonnes were milled @ 65 g/t Ag, 0.69 g/t Au, 0.37% Cu, with recoveries of 85% Ag, 69% Au and 91% Cu, producing 179.5 K Oz Ag, 1,540 Oz Au, 755,645 Lb Cu; while at the San Gonzalo mine 33.5 K tonnes were milled @ 262 g/t Ag, 1.16 g/t Au with recoveries of 85% Ag, 83% Au, producing 239.8 K Oz Ag, 1,041 Oz Au.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. presented production results for the full year and the fourth quarter 2016. During the period a total of 11.9 M Oz Ag, 62,436 Oz Au, 33.2 M Lb Pb and 10.6 M Lb Zn were produced. During the fourth quarter production in First Majestic’s five mines was as follows: At Santa Elena in Sonora, 257.8 K tonnes were processed (2,802 tpd) @ 89 g/t Ag (89% recovery) to produce 660.2 K Oz Ag, 11,430 Oz Au. At La Encantada in Coahuila, 235 K tonnes were processed (2,555 tpd) @ 132 g/t Ag (57% recovery) to produce 567.9 K Oz Ag, 22 Oz Au. At La Parrilla, Durango, 153.3 K tonnes were processed (1,666 tpd) @ 130 g/t Ag (78% recovery) to produce 497.4 K Oz Ag, 260 Oz Au, 1.85 M Lb Pb, 1.19 M Lb Zn. At Del Toro in Zacatecas, 82.7 K tonnes were processed (900 tpd) @ 157 g/t Ag (82% recovery) to produce 343.9 K Oz Ag, 70 Oz Au, 5.83 M Lb Pb. At San Martin, in Jalisco, 76.8 K tonnes were processed (835 tpd) @ 254 g/t Ag (81% recovery) to produce 510.4 K Oz Ag, 888 Oz Au. At La Guitarra in Mexico State, 38.4 k tonnes were processed (418 tpd) @ 246 g/t Ag (79% recovery) to produce 239.8 K Oz Ag, 2,073 Oz Au. The company aims to have an AISC $11.96 to $12.88 per silver ounce in 2017.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported fourth quarter and full year 2016 production results, which includes figures on its Mexican operations. At Bolivar, in Chihuahua, 950.4 K tonnes were processed (2,715 tpd) @ 1.0% Cu, 16.7 g/t Ag, 0.19 g/t Au (recoveries of 81.7% Cu, 77.8% Ag, 50.5% Au) to produce 17.1 M Lb Cu, 440 K Oz Ag, 2,986 Oz Au. At Cusi, in Chihuahua, 186.9 K tonnes were processed (534 tpd) @ 171.8 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, 1.1% Zn (recoveries of 71.7% Ag, 61.8% Au, 82.2% Pb, 37.7% Zn) to produce 740 K Oz Ag, 954 Oz Au, 4.1 M Lb Pb, 1.8 M Lb Zn. For 2017 Sierra Metals is aiming to produce with cash cost $1.08 and AISC $1.74 per copper equivalent pound at Bolivar, and cash cost $10.9, AISC $19.66 per silver equivalent ounce at Cusi.
- Primero Mining Corp. released preliminary fourth quarter and full year 2016 results, which includes figures on its Mexican operations. At San Dimas, in Durango, 28,282 Oz Au were produced in the fourth quarter; to achieve 113,968 Oz Au on the full year, at cash cost $856 and AISC $1,117 per gold equivalent ounce.
- Aura Silver Resources Inc. has closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $209 K (Taviche, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported updated NI-43-101 gold and silver resource estimates for its three operating mines in Mexico, and restated the resource estimates for its exploration properties. On its Guanceví (Durango), Bolañitos (Guanajuato), El Cubo (Guanajuato), Terronera (Jalisco) and Guadalupe y Calvo (Chihuahua) properties, consolidated silver-gold proven and probable reserves amount to 10.55 M Oz Ag, 91,100 Oz Au; measured and Indicated resources to 59.14 M Oz Ag, 483,400 Oz Au and inferred resources to 32.41 M Oz Ag, 296,600 Oz Au. On its Guanaceví (Durango) and Parral (Chihuahua) properties, consolidated silver-gold-lead-zinc indicated resources amount to 5.01 M Oz Ag, 50,300 Oz Au and inferred resources to 4.73 M Oz Ag, 39,400 Oz Au.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released assay results from its exploration and development program at its Tuligtic project in Puebla. Results include intercepts like 8 .8 m @ 1.1 g/t Au, 51 g/t Ag; 34.2 m @ 1.1 g/t Au, 72 g/t Ag; 96 m @ 0.3 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag; 38.6 m @ 1.1 g/t Au, 106 g/t Ag; 32.6 m @ 1.4 g/t Au, 44 g/t Ag; 105 m @ 1.2 g/t Au, 87 g/t Ag. Those intercepts confirm the existence of additional zones of veining immediately adjacent to the Ixtaca zone.
- Geologix Explorations Inc. announced the results of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) report on its Tepal gold/copper project in Michoacan. According to the report (using prices of $1,250/Oz Au, $2.50/Lb Cu and $18 Oz Ag), with a strip ratio of 0.6 : 1 and a mine life of 9.8 years to process 142.9 M tonnes @ 0.33 g/t Au for oxide ore and 0.45 g/t Au, 0.21% Cu for sulfide ore, the mine would produce 766 K Oz Au and 308 M Lb Cu at a rate of 78,572 Oz Au and 31.6 M Lb Cu per year, life of mine average (LOM). Capital requirements are $214 M for pre-production, $86.7 M for LOM sustaining and closure; LOM cash cost calculated at $313 and AISC $ 396 per gold equivalent ounce.
- Mexus Gold US informed that ore is currently being loaded on the heap leach pad at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. A larger crusher is being moved to the site to speed up the operation. Setup and install of the Merril Crowe recovery plant is now complete.
- Compañía Minera Autlán S.A.B. d C.V. has the largest ore reserves of metallurgical grade manganese in North America, amounting to 250 M tonnes of ore (no grade specified). The Molango district in Hidalgo covers 1,250 square kilometers, and according to the USGS de most important deposits of metallurgical grade manganese in North America are in this area.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Orex Minerals Inc. has earned 55% ownership interest in the Sandra Escobar project in Durango, by paying Canasil Resources Inc. CAD $500 K and spending more than USD $2 M in exploration at the 6,976 has project. A joint venture has been formed; same that will be managed by a joint committee. Orex had the option to earn an additional 10% by paying $500 K to Canasil, and spending further $2 M on the project, Orex has notified Canasil that it will not proceed with the second option.
- Americas Silver Corp. has been approved to list on the NYSE MKT stock exchange (Cosalá, Sinaloa).
- Mexus Gold US. acquired the mining concessions comprising the San Felix property in Sonora, for undisclosed payments and terms. The Company also announces the execution of an agreement with MarMar Holdings Inc. whereby each company owns a 50% share of the San Felix Project and designates MarMar as the operator.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, orogenic gold quartz vein fragment recovered by a gambusino from a placer in the Ojos Negros district, Baja California. The fragment is about two centimeters long.
México.- La empresa mexicana Autlán informó que posee las reservas de manganeso de grado metalúrgico más grandes de América del Norte, que representan, a su vez, prácticamente todas las que se han descubierto en México.
Las operaciones de Autlán se llevan a cabo en las minas de Molango, Naopa y Nonoalco, localizadas en el distrito manganesífero de Molango en el Estado de Hidalgo.
Este distrito cubre un área de aproximadamente 1,250 kilómetros cuadrados y contiene los depósitos de mineral de manganeso de grado metalúrgico más importantes de América del Norte, según el U.S. Geological Survey.
Las reservas de Autlán constituyen casi todas las reservas probadas de manganeso en México con base en los Informes Anuales de la Cámara Minera de México (Camimex).
Vancouver, BC – Orex Minerals Inc. – (TSX-V: REX) (“Orex”), has received preliminary metallurgical test results for samples from the Main Zone of the Boleras Silver Deposit at the Sandra Escobar Project in Durango, Mexico. This project is being advanced by Orex under an option agreement with Canasil Resources Inc. – (TSX.V: CLZ) (“Canasil”). Results are now available for five samples, with increasing head grades, taken from across the Main Zone of the Boleras Silver Deposit. These results illustrate that recovery is grade dependent. A portion of the silver-bearing mineralogy is recoverable with leaching techniques, including hydrochloric acid (HCl), or sulphur dioxide (SO2) pre-treatment before cyanidation, and a portion is refractory, requiring more investigation. An extra high-grade sixth sample was also prepared for mineralogical work and was tested by the same methods at the Kemetco Research Inc. (“KR”) laboratory.