By Jorge Cirett
During the 6th week of the year (February 5th to February 11th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with three companies reporting their Q4 and/or full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Silver Viper released drilling results from its Clemente project; Canuc Resources reported good surface sample results from its San Javier project; Centerra confirmed it explored two properties in the State during 2017. In Chihuahua VVC Exploration released drilling results from its Samalayuca copper project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals intends to drill up to seven of its project in 2018. In Guanajuato, Vangold initiated work on a PEA on its Pinguico property. In Veracruz Almadex disclosed good Cu-Au results from drilling at El Cobre project; Mexican Gold begun its 2018 drilling at Las Minas. ON MINING, Three companies, US Antimony, Maverix Metals and Coeur Mining presented production results for the fourth quarter and/or full year 2017. Auxico Resources disclosed metallurgical results from its properties in Sinaloa. Maverix Metals presented royalty earnings from its Mexican contracts. Torex Gold continues to ramp-up operations after the termination of the illegal blockade it was subject to on its El Limon – Guajes mine in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, Three companies announced the opening and/or closing of financial rounds: Torex Gold C$61.7 M, Advance Gold $190 K, Colibri Resource CAD$1 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Kootenay Silver released surface sample assays and from its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua, and drilling results by Pan American on its La Negra discovery in Sonora. Avino Silver released drilling results from several target areas on the Avino property in Durango. Hecla Miing reported an updated mineral reserve and resource estimate for its San Sebastian property in Durango. Endeavour Silver reported updated mineral reserve and resource estimates for six of its properties in Mexico. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silver Viper signed a LOI with Pan American Silver on the extended land package of the La Virginia property in Sonora. Evrim Resources acquired more ground on the Cuale project in Jalisco by optioning and staking. Coeur Mining announced two board changes, including the appointment of Eduardo Luna. Wolverine Minerals Corp. intends to proceed to a name change to Aloro Mining Corp.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Discovery Metals Corp. announced an exploration budget for 2018 of C$5.2 M to do geological mapping, geochemical sampling, geophysics and first stage drilling of up to seven of its projects. At Puerto Rico in Coahuila, mapping and sampling programs, including rehabilitation of underground workings, are underway. At La Kika, also in Coahuila, 20 holes have been completed by drilling 750 m since late December 2017, focusing in high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn mineralization in mantos and a prominent breccia zone. At Minerva, in Coahuila, mapping and sampling will be followed by drilling in Q2, in a property that exhibits porphyry characteristics, transitional to skarn and CRD mineralization. At Monclova, in Coahuila, the skarn/CRD property will be mapped and sampled prior to drilling in Q2. Further work for 2018 includes mapping and sampling in Q3 of the early stage Jemi, Renata and Santa Rosa projects.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. released results from drilling at its Clemente project in Sonora. Relevant core length results comprise 1.2 m @ 30 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb+Zn; 0.7 m @ 827 g/t Ag, 0.23 g/t Au, 0.37% Cu, 1.6% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 0.5 m @ 24 g/t Ag, 0.12 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 4.0 m @ 15 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 2.6% Zn; 3.2 m @ 16 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 2.2% Zn.
- Mexican Gold Corp. has begun the 2018 drilling program at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. The 3,000 m program will focus on resource expansion as well as exploration drilling on El Dorado Dike contact, El Dorado Juan Bran, Santa Cruz, Nopaltepec, Cinco Señores and Las Minillas zones.
- Vangold Mining Corp. has initiated a resource valuation and a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its El Pinguico project in Guanajuato. Drilling commenced on mid-January, with three of the 17 drill holes planned completed to date. The holes have intersected the underground stockpile (backfill) with an average recovery of 70% on the entire length and 43% on the broken material filling the old stopes.
- Canuc Resources Corp. reported surface rock sample results from the Carranza and Lydia zones of its San Javier project in Sonora. At Lydia two lines of samples 40 m apart were collected perpendicular to the trend of the breccias, with one line returning 10 m @ 210 g/t Ag, 5.0 g/t Au and the other returning two separate intervals of 4.0 m @ 244 g/t Ag, 2.27 g/t Au; 99 g/t Ag, 0.36 g/t Au. At Carranza, 4.0 m averaged 100 g/t Ag, anomalous Au, and a second 6 m interval 25 m to the south averaged 162 g/t Ag, 0.83 g/t Au.
- VVC Exploration Corp. released drilling results from its stratiform copper Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. At la Gloria zone, shallow core length intervals comprise: 7 m @ 0.46% Cu; 12 m @ 0.56% Cu; 10 m @ 0.67% Cu; 5 m @ 0.95% Cu. At Extensión La Gloria zone: 27 m @ 0.51% Cu; 51 m @ 0.36% Cu.
- Centerra Gold Inc. released an update on its global exploration activities, which includes two Mexican plays. Both properties are explored for orogenic gold mineralization in Sonora: La Glor, explored with Riverside Resources Inc. and La Navidad project, explored along with Millrock Resources Inc.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd. disclosed assays from the last two holes drilled on 2017 in the Raya Tembrillo and Porvenir zones of its El Cobre property in Veracruz. At Villa Rica, core length intervals intercepted 20.07 m @ 0.31 g/t Au, 0.03% Cu; 120.0 m @ 0.08 g/t Au, 0.37% Cu, including 58.0 m @ 0.15 g/t Au, 0.64% Cu (which include 38.0 m @ 0.16 g/t Au, 0.93% Cu). At Porvenir results comprise 64.5 m @ 0.37 g/t Au, 0.21% Cu (including 40.25 m @ 0.50 g/t Au, 0.25% Cu), 26.0 m @ 0.85 g/t Au, 0.27% Cu.
- United States Antimony Corp. announced the sale of 76.9 K Lb Sb and 212.8 K Lb Sb during December 2017 and January 2018 respectively. Construction of the pilot cyanide leach circuit at the Puerto Blanco mill for the leaching of the Los Juarez gold and silver tailings continues making progress. Plans are to ramp up production to the mill’s 100 tpd capacity, and then increase production to 400 tpd.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc. announced results from innovative metallurgical testing conducted on its Aguamas and Campanillas projects in Sinaloa. The tests conducted on gravity concentrates showed recoveries of over 98% Au and 87% Ag within the same leach. These tests have been conducted over the last year using a mix of acids composed of sulfuric acid and thioria. The extraction (less than one hour) is accelerated by the use of ultrasound technology and the process uses no external heat or pressure.
- Maverix Metals Inc. announced fourth quarter 2017 and full year production, including figures from La Colorada mine in Zacatecas. On La Colorada, Pan American Silver Corp. reported gold production of 1,258 ounces in Q4 2017 and 4,287 ounces for the full year 2017 at the La Colorada mine. Maverix has the right to purchase 100% of the payable gold production from La Colorada at the lesser of US$650/oz and the prevailing market price.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed that the processing plant continues to process 10 – 13 K tonnes per day (tpd) at its El Limon –Guajes mine in Guerrero. Recoveries have been approximately 85%, and grades close to 3 grams per tonne, with ore being processed from all three open pits, El Limon, Guajes, and El Limon Sur. At the January 30th meeting to set a date for the union selection vote, the Labour Board agreed on a meeting on February 13th, to set the date for the union selection vote. According to the company, the operations continue to ramp up with excellent support from local communities, unionized employees, staff employees, and contractors.
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported fourth quarter and full year 2017 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. For the full year 2017, at Palmarejo in Chihuahua, 1.5 M tons were milled @ 169 g/t Ag, 2.89 g/t Au, recovering 86.0% Ag, 90.0% Au to produce 7.24 M Oz Ag, 121,569 Oz Au. The exploration expense at Palmarejo was $11.9 M in 2017, following the discovery of several new veins. Mining is now at a steady rate of approximately 4,500 tons per day.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. closed its previously announced bought deal financing for gross proceeds of C$61.7 M. “The net proceeds of the Offering will be used to fund and provide liquidity for its working capital obligations during the re-start and ramp-up of the ELG Mine Complex, as required….”. Cash reserves, prior to the close of the Offering, were US$64 M including US$14 M set aside for reclamation obligations (El Limon-Guajes, Guerrero).
- Advance Gold Corp. closed its private placement financing for gross proceeds of $190 K (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
- Colibri Resource Corp. is to proceed with a non-brokered private placement intending to raise up to CAD$1 M in gross proceeds. The funds are to be used on the drilling of it’s El Pilar project in Sonora.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released the results of the final 10 holes from the 2017 infill drilling campaign by Pan American Silver Corp. at the La Negra zone on the Promontorio project in Sonora. Drill highlights comprise: 50.65 m @ 136 g/t Ag, including 1.05 m @ 1,625 g/t Ag; 49.15 m @ 247 g/t Ag, including 14.55 m @ 515 g/t Ag; 59.20 m @ 237 g/t Ag, including 5.15 m @ 1,161 g/t Ag; 56.05 m @ 93 g/t Ag, including 10.30 m @ 309 g/t Ag; 11.05 m @ 106 g/t Ag; 95.85 m @ 79 g/t Ag, including 7.20 m @ 434 g/t Ag. The 2018 drill program is anticipated to developing drill targets outside of the La Negra discovery.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. announced results from 19 holes on the Chirumbo, Guadalupe and San Juventino areas of the main Avino mine in the Avino property in Durango. The Chirumbo area is at the East of the Avino vein, with the holes intercepting several structures with results like 7.05 m @ 1.47 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag; 8.85 m @ 0.80 g/t Au, 18 g/t Ag, 0.24% Cu; 5.50 m @ 5.18 g/t Au, 7 g/t Ag, 0.12% Cu; 21.3 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag, 0.33% Cu; 5.80 m @ 4.75 g/t Au, 55 g/t Ag, 0.84% Cu; 18.45 m @ 82 g/t Ag; 39.35 m @ 0.24 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag, 0.50% Cu; 38.95 m @ 15 g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu; 29.50 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.72% Cu. Seven more holes at the Guadalupe vein, west of the Gonzalo vein, returned 3.55 m @ 2.29 g/t Au, 18 g/t Ag; 9.20 m @ 1.28 g/t Au, 89 g/t Ag, 0.88% Cu. At the intersection of the Avino-San Juventino and the Footwall breccia intersect, five holes were drilled returning 10.05 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 88 g/t Ag; 17.65 m @ 0.16 g/t Au, 58 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu; 12.40 m @ 0.17 g/t Au, 65 g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu; 21.05 m @ 19 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu; 13.05 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 53 g/t Ag; 16.00 m @ 0.89 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.12% Cu; 7.65 m @ 0.16 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, 0.29% Cu; 23.75 m @ 0.070 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released surface sample results from a new area with multi-gram gold and silver mineralization at its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. “Gold mineralization has been traced by prospecting, mapping and sampling along mineralized structures within a broad area measuring 500 by 1000 meters. The gold trend is open on strike in both directions.” Highlighted grab and panel sample results comprise: 10.85 g/t Au, 179 g/t Ag, 7.8% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 4.59 g/t Au, 159 g/t Ag, 4.6% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 4.24 g/t Au, 81 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, 2.7% Zn; 12.35 g/t Au, 80 g/t Ag, 5.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 7.39 g/t Au, 64 g/t Ag, 5.0% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 5.41 g/t Au, 89 g/t Ag, 7.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 4.7 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag, 3.1% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 4.63 g/t Au, 89 g/t Ag, 5.8% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 3.66 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 3.2% Pb, 0.4% Zn.
- Hecla Mining Co. reported updated mineral reserve and resources, including figures for its San Sebastian property in Durango. Proven and probable reserves in this property comprise 398 K tons @ 432 g/t Ag, 3.11 g/t Au containing 5.52 M Oz Ag, 43 K Oz Au. Measured and indicated resources stand at 1.5 M tons @ 175 g/t Ag, 2.25 g/t Au, 2.9% Pb, 3.8% Zn, 1.7% Cu, containing 8.8 M Oz Ag, 103 K Oz Au, 15,520 tons Pb, 20,350 tons Zn, 9,020 tons Cu. Inferred resources hold 2.9 M tonnes @ 166 g/t Ag, 0.96 g/t Au, 1.8% Pb, 2.5% Zn, 1.5% Cu containing 15.98 M Oz Ag,95 K Oz Au, 23,660 tones Pb, 23,770 tons Zn, 19,520 tons Cu.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported updated mineral resources estimates for its operations in Mexico. Proven and probable mineral reserves on its Guanacevi (Durango), Bolañitos (Guanajuato), El Cubo (Guanajuato) and Terronera (Jalisco) properties amount to 5.27 M tonnes @ 198 g/t Ag, 1.86 g/t Ag; measured and indicated resources in these units and El Compas (Zacatecas), Guadalupe y Calvo (Chihuahua) and Parral (Chihuahua) amount to 5.12 M tonnes @ 192 g/t Ag, 1.90 g/t Au, while indicated resources for all units comprise 6.63 M tonnes @ 227 g/t Ag, 1.23 g/t Au. Indicated mineral resources with base metals on Guanacevi and Parral amount to 1.99 M tonnes @ 78 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 0.78% Pb, 1.32% Zn, and inferred resources comprise 1.79 M tonnes @ 82 g/t Ag, 0.68 g/t Au, 2.23% Pb, 2.35% Zn. Reserves and measured and indicated resources add to 70.1 M Oz Ag, 362,900 Oz Au, while inferred resources hold 53.1 M Oz Ag, 300,800 Oz Au
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. signed a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with Pan American Silver Corp. to acquire the La Virgina project in Sonora. The project consists of three concessions totaling 35,598 hectares near the border with Chihuahua. The LOI, combined with a LOI signed in December 2017 with the claim owners will restore all the original land holdings into a single exploration property. Silver Viper can acquire 100% ownership in return for a 2% net smelter return royalty over the entirety of Silver Viper’s consolidated La Virginia project. Past drilling includes 52,635.45 m in 188 holes, besides mapping and geochemistry of the property. Mineralization is characterized by low sulfidation epithermal gold-silver bearing quartz stockworks, veins and hydrothermal breccias hosted in andesites and felsic dykes.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced the acquisition of 50 square Km of prospective land adjacent to its Cuale prospect in Jalisco. The area immediately to the west and north of the claim group was staked, expanding the total project area to 147 Km. The high temperature footprint supported by Terraspec clay mineral identification has been extended to an area of 2.3 by 2.2 Km.
- Coeur Mining Inc. announced the appointment of Eduardo Luna and Jessica L. McDonald to the board of directors. “Mr. Luna has spent over forty years in the precious metals mining industry and has held prior senior executive and board positions at several companies including Industrial Peñoles, Goldcorp Inc., Luismin SA de CV, Wheaton River Minerals Ltd., Alamos Gold Inc., and Primero Mining Corp. …”.” Ms. McDonald has extensive leadership experience in both the public and private sectors….” (Palmarejo, Chihuahua).
- Wolverine Minerals Corp. intends to proceed to a name change to Aloro Mining Corp. (Los Venados, Sonora).
- Primero Mining Corp. is to hold a special meeting of its shareholders and a meeting of holders to consider the proposed plan whereby First Majestic Silver Corp. will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Primero (San Dimas, Durango).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
During the 51st week of the year (December 18th to December 24th, 2017), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES: The illegal blockade promoted by the Los Mineros Union since November 3, 2017 is showing how far the government is willing to go, or not, to establish the rule of law. ON EXPLORATION: two press releases from companies working in Mexico informed on exploration efforts during the week: In Chihuahua Radius Gold released good rock chip results from its Amalia project. In Sinaloa Gainey Capital is exploring the La Minita porphyry copper style property. ON MINING: Great Panther announced government authorization for the construction of a second tailings storage facility at its Topia mine in Durango. Mexus Gold produced gold with a Merrill Crowe system installed at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Americas Silver announced the San Rafael mine at its Cosala complex is now on commercial production. ON FINANCING: Telson Resources entered into a US$15 M loan with Trafigura. SilverCrest completed a bought deal private placement for $10 M. Primero Mining agreed on an extension to its revolving credit facility. Torex Gold received a waiver to lower the threshold in the credit agreement from $50 M to $30 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT: In Sonora, Oceanus Resources presented an update on the drilling of its El Tigre property. In Chihuahua, Consolidated Zinc announced the interception of massive sulfides on the Tres Amigos zone of its Plomosas property. In Puebla, Almaden released new results from follow-up drilling at its Tuligtic property. In Guerrero, Alio Gold provided the final results of the confirmation drilling at its Ana Paula project. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Torex Gold suspended its workforce employment contracts on the basis of the illegal blockade that has halted all operations since November 3rd at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. The company has made a call to the relevant authorities to remove the illegal blockade (which seems to have fallen on deaf ears). Orex Minerals, Canasil Resources and Pan American Silver signed an agreement to advance the Sandra Escobar project in Durango, same that includes provisions for Pan American participation on the discovery. Gainey Capital signed a LOI to acquire the La Minita property in Sinaloa. Marlin Gold can now spin-off its subsidiary Sailfish Royalty. Vangold is acquiring the San Carlos claim in Guanajuato, adjacent to its Pinguico property. Americas Silver agreed with Hochschild to amend the payment schedule on the acquisition of the San Felipe project in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- On the Torex Gold El Limon – Guajes mine illegal blockade in Guerrero (Editor’s comment). The illegal blockade promoted by the Los Mineros Union since November 3, 2017 is showing how far the government is willing to go, or not, to establish the rule of law. The Los Mineros Union is clearly trying to extortionate Torex with an illegal blockade to obtain the Union contract at the site, and delaying the date for a formal voting process that the company has vowed to respect.
- Radius Gold Inc. released rock sampling results from its Amalia project in Chihuahua. A new discovery in the San Pedro area returned 13 m @ 2.51 g/t Au, 164 g/t Ag in a continuous chip sample (10 individual samples), while new sampling 50 m above and along strike the Guadalupe zone returned 8 m @ 0.21 g/t Au, 264 g/t Ag. At the Campamento zone a 500×700 m zone of intense silicification and brecciation with massive and stockwork veining is interpreted as high level mineralization. On lower parts of the property sulfide rich fault breccias are hosted in andesites, where mineralization is narrower and higher grade. Epithermal Au-Ag mineralization occurs along 3.5 Km on strike and 600 m of vertical interval. Drill permitting documentation has been submitted.
- Gainey Capital Corp. signed a LOI to acquire the 9,200 hectares La Minita Cu-Au-Ag property in Sinaloa. A series of NW trending shears host porphyry mineralization associated with intermediate and felsic dikes, which are more than 300 m in length and up to 10 m in width. Fine grained sericitic alteration, silicification, quartz stockworks and copper sulfides (bornite, chalcopyrite) as disseminations and veins occur in prospect pits by gambusinos.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. announced that SEMARNAT granted all permits for construction and operation of the new phase II tailings storage facility at its Topia mine in Durango.
- Mexus Gold US informed that it has produced gold with the installed Merrill Crowe system at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake with First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora). The Merrill Crowe system will continue to be tested until the end of the year, as mine site security is upgraded before full production begins.
- Americas Silver Corp. announced that the San Rafael mine at the company’s Cosalá operations in Sinaloa is now in commercial production, as of December 19, 2017. Mine production is currently averaging 1,200 tonnes per day (tpd) and increasing.
- Telson Resources Inc. entered into a loan facility and offtake agreement with Trafigura Mexico, S.A. de C.V., to sell 100% of the Pb-Zn concentrate produced at the Tahuehueto mine from January 2018 to December 2022. Trafigura provided Telson with with a US$15 M credit facility deliverable on three tranches: First tranche of US$7.5 M already received; Second tranche of US$5 M, 4 – 6 Months from signing; Third tranche US$2.5 M, 6 – 9 months of signing.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. completed the bought deal private placement previously announced, for gross proceeds of $10 M. The company paid a cash commission of $568 K on the proceeds of the offering.
- Primero Mining Corp. agreed with its lenders to an extension of its revolving credit facility and guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. to January 11, 2018. Primero is considering the divestiture of its San Dimas mine in Durango.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. has received a waiver by BNP Paribas on behalf of the lenders to lower the covenant threshold in the credit agreement from $50 M to $30 M until January 31, 2018.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alio Gold Inc. provided the final results from the 2,000 m drill program to twin previous drill holes within the pre-feasibility pit for metallurgical test at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Highlighted intervals comprise: 112.0 m @ 3.85 g/t Au; 33.1 m @ 7.07 g/t Au; 54.6 m @ 7.19 g/t Au. Alio is now to test the extension of the breccia zone below the proposed pit, with a 4,000 m program, commencing in January.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. provided assay results from a follow-up drilling in an upper portion of the pre-feasibility pit on its Tuligtic property in Puebla. Highlighted drill intercepts comprise: 46.0 m @ 0.74 g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag; 24.0 m @ 0.62 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 16.5 m @ 0.56 g/t Au, 10 g/t Ag; 50.5 m @ 0.73 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag (including 10.5 m @ 2.45 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag); 13.15 m @ 0.70 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag; 32.0 m 0.82 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag; 14.7 m @ 0.91 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag; 10.25 m @ 1.16 g/t Au, 26 g/t Ag.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced that drilling on the Tres Amigos North zone intersected 5.60 m and 4.35 m respectively of massive sulfides. “Assays are pending but visual analysis shows mineralisation comprises banded textured massive sulphides with very fine to fine-grained pyrite overprinted by coarse-grained yellow to reddish sphalerite and minor galena associated with carbonates”. Results are pending.
- Oceanus Resources Corp. completed the fall 2017 drill program which comprised 600 m of diamond drilling to define the strike and dip of the high-grade Caleigh vein and the low-grade alteration zone in the hanging wall. Assays for the last six holes are pending, and expected to be released in January 2018. Work during Q1 2018 is to focus in locating and defining other high-grade vein systems in the property, and begin to look for mineralization on the favorable El Tigre formation over a distance of 5 km.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed it has suspended the employment contracts of its workforce in Mexico, a direct result of an illegal blockade at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. The blockade by the Los Mineros Union, “an outside union that wants to take over representation of the employees who already have a union. Since the blockade began, on November 3, 2017, the Company has continued to pay its workforce, except for the minority that have participated in the illegal blockade”. Torex has made a call to the relevant authorities to remove the illegal blockade, as they have committed to do, and restore the rule of law. The company is willing to work with the Union the employees select, but it is essential the illegal blockade is lifted to resume work after Christmas. The company stresses that “The risk of violent confrontation continues to escalate and we urge the authorities to restore law and order and diffuse the tensions, so that employees of the Company, contractors, and suppliers, can go back to work and provide for their families.”
- Orex Minerals Inc. signed a non-binding agreement with Canasil Resources Inc. and Pan American Silver Corp. to advance exploration in the Sandra Escobar mining camp in Durango. Under the terms of the LOI (Letter of Intention) the Orex (55%)-Canasil (45%) JV is to grant Pan American a 10% interest in the Sandra property, with the opportunity for Pan American in the next four years to earn-in an additional 41% in the Sandra property by contributing US$5 M toward the operations of both properties, with US$2 M required during the first two years. If Pan American elects not to continue during the earn-in period, the initial 10% will revert back to the Orex-Cansil JV. If Pan American chooses to further advance the properties by completing a pre-feasibility study, it will retain a 60% interest and the Orex-Canasil JV 40%.
- Gainey Capital Corp. signed a LOI with Asteria Mining Services S.A.P.I. de C.V. to acquire 100% of the 9,200 hectares La Minita Cu-Au-Ag property in Sinaloa.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. obtained a final order from the Supreme Court of British Columbia to implement the company’s previously announced plan of arrangement to reorganize its business, including the spin-off of its subsidiary Sailfish Royalty Corp.
- Vangold Mining Corp. entered into an acquisition agreement for a 100% interest on the San Carlos claim, in Guanajuato. The aggregate purchase price of $CDN425 K is to be paid through the issuance of CDN$350 K in Vangold shares and the remaining CDN$75 K will be paid in cash. The San Carlos property is close to Vangold’s El Pinguico and Patito I & II mineral claims.
- Americas Silver Corp. agreed with Minera Hochschild to amend the timing of payment under its option agreement on the San Felipe project in Sonora. The total consideration for a 100% interest in the property is US$15 M in cash (plus VAT), of which US$7 M were paid in March, US$500 K are to be paid on January 2018, US$500 K on April 2018, US$1 M on July 2018 and US$6 M on December 2018.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, Fault slickensides on quartzite, Durango. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
During the 50th week of the year (December 11th to December 17th, 2017), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES: The workers of the El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero voted for returning to work, in a poll sponsored by the company to show the government the worker’s support. The Federal and State authorities keep dragging their feet to end the illegal blockade that has lasted for six weeks now. ON EXPLORATION: six press releases from companies working in Mexico informed on exploration efforts during the week: In Sonora Riverside informed partner Centerra Gold commenced a drill program on its Glor project. Colibri Resource released drill intercepts by Agnico Eagle in its JV Pitaya project. Azure Minerals confirmed extensive high-grade Zn-Pb intersections on its drilling at Oposura; In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold is seeking the permit for drilling at Cerro Cascaron; In Sinaloa, Chesapeake Gold informed on drill results at its Yareli project; In Veracruz, Almadex presented high-grade Cu-Au intersection on its El Cobre project. ON MINING: Torex Gold informed that a majority of its workers voted to end the illegal blockade to its Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. ON FINANCING: Silver Spruce is conducting a financing round in Hong Kong aiming to raise up to US $1.8 M (Pino de Plata, Chihuahua); Kootenay Silver closed the first tranche of its private non-brokered placement, for gross proceeds of $3.8 M; Mammoth Resources closed its private non-brokered placement for gross proceeds of $720 K; Bacanora Minerals informed that Next View Capital acquired 19.9% of the company, raising $C53.5 M; Primero Mining agreed on another revolving credit facility extension; Consolidated Zinc announced the commitment by investors to a placement for $1.96 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT: In Veracruz, Mexican Gold presented further high-grade results from its drilling at Las Minas; In Puebla, Almaden Minerals completed a social impact assessment at its Ixtaca project. In Durango, Excellon commenced an extensive exploration program at its Platosa mine property. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silver Viper signed a LOI on the three core claims of the La Virginia project in Sonora; In Zacatecas, Santacruz Silver and the Contracuña companies amended the agreement on the purchase of the Veta Grande properties. Concurrently, Santacruz Silver and Carrizal Mining signed an agreement upon which Carrizal can obtain a 20% interest on the Veta Grande and other Zacatecas properties.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Colibri Resource Corp. announced drill results provided by its JV partner Agnico Eagle on its Pitaya project in Sonora. Highlighted intervals comprise 2.2 m @ 20.96 g/t Au, 57 g/t Ag; 20 m @ 0.42 g/t Au; 19.0 m @ 0.50 g/t Au; 32.1 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 27.0 m @ 0.37 g/t Au, 65.0 m @ 0.30 g/t Au; 25.0 m @ 0.80 g/t Au; 37.1 m @ 0.55 g/t Au; 29.30 m @ 0.57 g/t Au. A total of 7,286 m in 26 drill holes have been sunk, drilling is still in progress.
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced that partner, Centerra Gold Inc., commenced a 1,200 m drill program at the Glor project in Sonora. The diamond drill campaign is focusing on targets developed by detailed mapping, soil geochemistry, two ground magnetic surveys and an induced polarization survey.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. confirmed extensive high-grade Zn-Pb at its Oposura project in Sonora. Highlights include intercepts of 17.35 m @ 3.7% Zn, 4.0 % Pb, 18 g/t Ag; 2.30 m @ 5.3% Zn, 3.9% Pb, 15 g/t Ag; 6.85 m @ 9.0% Zn, 4.0% Pb, 39 g/t Ag; 4.30 m @ 2.3% Zn, 1.1% Pb, 5 g/t Ag; 6.15 m @ 2.9% Zn, 2.6% Pb, 19 g/t Ag; 4.32 m @ 6.4% Zn, 5.0% Pb, 26 g/t Ag; 16.62 m @ 12.7% Zn, 5.5% Pb, 27 g/t Ag; 5.2 m @ 4.9% Zn, 3.1% Pb, 11 g/t Ag; 6.95 m @ 4.3% Zn, 1.2% Pb, 15 g/t Ag; 3.95 m @ 4.7% Zn, 5.3% Pb, 26 g/t Ag; 5.35 m @ 8.1% Zn, 4.7% Pb, 27 g/t Ag; 6.40 m @ 10.4% Zn, 5.9% Pb, 42 g/t Ag; 3.95 m @ 8.8% Zn, 5.9% Pb, 49 g/t Ag. Samples for 43 holes have been sent for analysis, with assays received for 19 of these holes. To date 62 holes have been drilled, for 3,661 m, with the second-half of the resource drill-out program progressing well.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd. presented results from two more holes from the Raya Tembrillo area, which is the northern part of the Villa Rica zone of its El Cobre project in Veracruz. Drill core intercepts comprise 100.0 m @ 0.15 g/t Au, 0.67% Cu (including 48.0 m@ 0.29 g/t Au, 1.23% Cu) of chalcocite dominant enriched zone and 205.40 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 0.20% Cu (including 82.0 m @ 0.20 g/t Au, 0.28% Cu) of hypogene mineralization in one hole; 20.0 m @ 0.34 g/t Au, 0.04% Cu in the gold zone, 94.0 m @ 0.07 g/t Au, 1.36% Cu (including 43.0 m @ 0.09 g/t Au, 2.45% Cu) in the enriched zone, and 58.0 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 0.22% Cu in the hypogene zone.
- Chesapeake Gold Corp. provided an update of phase 1 drilling and district wide exploration at its 72,000 hectare Yareli project in Sinaloa. At the Central prospect five core holes have been drilled with 1,200 m testing stockwork zones over one Km in length and quartz-calcite veins. Three holes demonstrated a zonation of shallow zinc (0.3%) to copper at depth (40-189 m of > 400 ppm Cu) in disseminated pyrite and veinlets with trace chalcopyrite. At the Central-Spaniard zone two holes intersected veins running 1.0 m @ 6.3 g/t Au, 969 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, 0.6% Zn and 5.1 m @ 0.6 g/t Au, 58 g/t Ag. At Loretos an ongoing drill hole has intersected over 100 m of feld-K alteration and silica flooded breccias cut by quartz veinlets with sulfides. At the Yasmin prospect geochemical sampling over an IP anomaly has returned 0.1 to 0.7 g/t Au in zones 5 to 30 m wide, while quartz veins returned 3.3 m @ 5.0 g/t Au, 179 g/t Ag; 3.0 m @ 4.2 g/t Au. At the Lucy prospect, channel sampling has returned 30 m @ 0.4 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 3.7% Zn; 3 m @ 0.5 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag, 5.5% Zn, 0.3% Cu.
- Harvest Gold Corp. announced that the permitting process to drill its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua is underway. The drill program includes up to 30 holes from 50 to 300 m in length in the 6,900 hectare project.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. reported that a majority of its employees have voted to return to work immediately. Torex organized an off-site vote on December 14 2017, for its 520 employees that are eligible to join a union. The purpose of the vote was to give union eligible employees an opportunity to speak for themselves in a safe and independent environment. “During the vote, unionized employees were asked if they wanted the illegal blockade lifted immediately so they can return to work. In the end, the vote was overwhelmingly (99%) in favour of lifting the blockade immediately. 274 of the 520 voters were able to attend and vote. The Company could not send buses to the communities that are behind the blockades. The Company believes the numbers able to attend the vote, would have been much higher if it were not for Los Mineros intimidation of local employees. An example of such intimidation was the stopping of a vehicle that was taking employees from behind the blockade to the vote. Employees on the vehicle were told to get out of the vehicle. They did, and walked home.”
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. received a financing mandate letter from Securities Ltd. a brokerage firm from Hong Kong, to provide up to US$1.8 M in gross proceeds. The agent will receive 10% of the capital raised by the agent and 1% of the capital raised by the company. Proceeds are to be used to fund the drill program at Pino de Plata, in Chihuahua, and for other ends.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. has closed the initial tranche of its non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $3.9 M. Cash finder’s fee of $154.6 K have been paid (La Cigarra, Chihuhahua).
- Mammoth Resources Corp. closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $720 K. The proceeds are to be used on drilling up to 3,000 m testing up to 24 targets along a 5 km trend of gold-silver mineralization on its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. announced that NextView Capital, a Chinese institutional fund management group focused on new technologies and energy, agreed to acquire 19.89% equity interest in Bacanora. The C$53.5 M raised by the placement will be used for the continued development of the Sonora Lithium project. Bacanora has agreed to supply 5 K tpa (tonnes per annum) of Li carbonate, with a firm commitment to supply 8 K tpa lithium carbonate during stage 2 and to supply a further 7 K tpa Li carbonate during stage 2.
- Primero Mining Corp. agreed with its lenders to an extension of its revolving credit facility and guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp, from December 15 to December 22, 2017. This agreement provides the ability to continue negotiations surrounding its previously announced strategic review process and the possible divestiture of its San Dimas mine in Durango.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. received commitments for a placement of $1.96 M from new and existing investors. The funds raised will be used to accelerate resource drilling that is currently underway in the Plomosas mine and several new areas (Plomosas, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Corp. presented drill results from four more holes at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. The holes were testing the dike contact mineralized zones, intersecting 38.0 m @ 3.53 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, 1.5% Cu (including 14.0 m @ 2.00 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, 3.0% Cu); 44.0 m @ 1.71 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag, 1.2% Cu (including 22.0 m @ 2.85 g/t Ag, 5 g/t Ag, 1.4% Cu); 30.0 m @ 0.72 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, 1.2% Cu (including 0.82 g/t Au, 7 g/t Ag, 1.6% Cu); 22.0 m @ 1.14 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, 1.2% Cu (including 4.0 m @ 4.2 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, 4.8% Cu).
- Leagold Mining Corp. completed the Bermejal Underground drill program at the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. The program totaled 56,191 m in 111 holes. Highlights of 10 new holes comprise true width intercepts of 8.83 m @ 3.74 g/t Au, 16.02 m @ 7.25 g/t Au, 2.80 m @ 3.42 g/t Au in one hole; 2.22 m @ 5.90 g/t Au, 3.89 m @ 4.98 g/t Au, 0.94 m @ 19.55 g/t Au, 4.04 m @ 8.68 g/t Au in a second hole; 4.11 m @ 4.04 g/t Au, 8.02 m @ 3.53 g/t Au, 5.80 m @ 3.92 g/t Au, 2.46 m @ 23 .63 g/t Au in other hole; 7.44 m @ 9.96 g/t Au; 10.58 m @ 8.36 g/t Au; 3.29 m @ 14.73 g/t Au, 8.57 m @ 11.00 g/t Au, etc. “The Bermejal Underground deposit is at the northern end of a large intrusive body which has a total circumference of at least 15 kilometres, ….. mineralization extends approximately 1,600 metres along the strike of the intrusive contact and has a vertical depth extent of over 800 metres.”
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. completed a social impact assessment (SIA) at its Ixtaca project in Puebla. The study was completed by GMI Consulting, a firm with extensive Mexican and International experience in human rights, environment and economics. This is the first time that such a study has been completed in the minerals industry in Mexico, as only the energy industry requires its filing for permitting. The report key points include: that Almaden Minerals consultation process complies with the Equator principles and international best practices and that Almaden has consulted widely within the Focus area communities, the Ixtaca project was understood, and that the SIA itself was successful in providing people with an opportunity to express their views on the impacts of the project.
- Excellon Resources Inc. commenced an extensive surface exploration program on the 21,000 hectare Platosa property in Durango, targeting extensions to the Platosa mine and new manto and skarn discoveries. The program comprises an extensive soil program and induced polarization survey at developing targets, including Saltillera, Jaboncillo and San Gilberto as well as 30,000 m of diamond drilling. The drilling is focused on defining additional tonnage at the Platosa mine, finding new mineralization manto targets on the Platosa corridor, south of the Guadalupe South manto, and north of the Guadalupe North manto, manto targets defined by IP and gravity geophysics and skarn targets similar to Rincon (43.4 m @ 146 g/t Ag, 2.8% Pb, 1.9% zn, 0.22 g/t Au), which have been defined through reprocessing of IP, magnetics (ZTEM) and gravity geophysics,
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. signed a non-binding 120 days letter of intent (LOI) on three mineral concessions forming the core of the La Virginia gold-silver project in Sonora. Silver Viper can earn 100% ownership of the 2,102 hectare project by making cash payments totaling US$4.5 M in staged payments over a four year period as follows: First anniversary US$200 K, second anniversary US$500K, third anniversary US$1 M, fourth anniversary US$2.8 M. The company is to assume the claim taxes and maintenance costs, while owners retain a 2% NSR which might be purchased for US$2.0 M within 5 years of the effective date, or for US$3.0 M after that period. “La Virginia is characterized by laterally extensive epithermal style gold-silver mineralization in quartz stockworks, veins and hydrothermal breccias hosted in andesites and felsic dykes….The largest historical workings, “La Virginia” and “Con Virginia” are still accessible and host mineralization ranging between one metre to greater than twenty metres in thickness.”
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reached an agreement with the Contracuña group of companies to amend the terms of the option agreement to acquire 100% ownership of the Veta Grande project, including the Veta Grande mine and mill facilities as well as the Minillas property in Zacatecas. The amended payment schedule is as follows: US$500 K paid on December 13, 2017; US$500 K on December 2018; US$2.5 M on December 2019; US$2.5 M on December 2020; US$5 M on December 2021; US$4.5 M on December 2022. Contracuña keeps a 1% NSR that commences on December 2022, same that can be bought by US$ 1.5M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. concurrently with the above entered into a binding LOI with Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V., pursuant to which Carrizal will acquire 20% working interest in the Veta Grande project, as well as the Zacatecas properties under option by Santacruz from Golden Minerals Company. Carrizal can earn in its 20% by funding 100% of the cost of the increase in capacity of the Veta Grande mill to 750 tpd, as well as providing drill rig and drilling materials to conduct exploration drill campaigns at the Veta Grande mine and Panuco deposit. In addition, Carrizal is providing a short-term working capital advance of US$500 K. Upon completion of the required earn-in expenditures a (20%) Carrizal and (80%) Santacruz joint venture will be formed.
- Canasil Resources Inc.’s have approved a plan of arrangement to segregate its British Columbia properties (Esperanza, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, Fault scarp on quartzite, Durango. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
Magellan Gold Corporation (OTCQB: MAGE) (“Magellan” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that on November 30, 2017, it completed the purchase of the SDA Mill, Nayarit State, Mexico, from Rose Petroleum plc (AIM: ROSE).
Total consideration for the purchase of the SDA Mill was US$1.5 million, consisting of $1.0 million in cash and $500,000 in Magellan stock, of which $100,000 in cash was paid in June 2017. In August 2017, Magellan arranged $900,000 in bridge loans in support of the purchase.