Toronto, Ontario – May 21, 2019 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) announces the resignation of Rupy Dhadwar from his position of Chief Financial Officer.
TORONTO, May 6, 2019 – McEwen Mining Inc. (NYSE: MUX) (TSX: MUX) is pleased to announce two new management appointments. Meri Verli, PhD, CA, CPA, will be joining as the new Chief Financial Officer, replacing Andrew Elinesky who is departing the Company effective today; and Jack Henris will be joining as General Manager for
Nevada effective today.
Chalcedonic quartz breccia
During the fifteen week of the year (April 22th to April 28th, 2019), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with ten disclosing deals and corporate issues, five informing on exploration results, three communicating financial and production results, three reporting on resources and development of their properties, and one discussing Mexican news. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico was announced as the largest contributor of silver worldwide for the ninth year in a row. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Evrim acquired La Lola project, Aloro received a new drill permit for its Los Venados project, and Azure announced exploration activities conducted by Teck at the El Alacrán project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported sampling results from its Monclova project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold announced drilling results from its Tabasqueña property. In Jalisco, GoGold released encouraging drill results from its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Capstone reported Q1 2019 production results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Newmont Goldcorp Corporation announced Q1, 2019 production and financial results. Agnico released Q1, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING. No relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Consolidated Zinc announced maiden ore reserves at its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Mexus Gold announced that the ore crushing circuit on its Santa Elena mine in Sonora is now fully operational. Agnico informed that in its Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora, the exploration program has extended the known deposits and outlined high grade mineralization at the Trinidad trend. Azure reported Q1, 2019 results from the activities carried out at its Oposura project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silver Bull announced results from its 2019 annual general meeting of shareholders (Sierra Mojada project, Coahuila). Newmont Goldcorp Corporation published its 2018 sustainability report (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). Discovery Metals amended terms of its Puerto Rico option agreement in Coahuila. First Mining announced the appointment of its new COO (San Ricardo project, Sonora). Galore reported the passing of one of its Directors (Dos Santos project, Zacatecas). Newmont Goldcorp Corporation declared quarterly dividend of $0.14 per share. Minera Alamos announced transaction to accelerate development of its Guadalupe de los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Agnico announced election of Directors (Pinos Altos mine, Chihuahua). Alien Metals received the notification of major holdings (Los Campos, Zacatecas). Capstone announced results from its 2019 annual general meeting of shareholders (Cozamin mine, Zacatecas).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Fresnillo plc, is the leading producer of silver worldwide with 58.1 M Oz Ag, which has led Mexico to position itself for nine years as the number one in the contribution of this metal.
- Evrim Resources Corp., acquired La Lola Au-Ag project in Sonora. This low sulphidation system was identified and staked by Evrim and consolidated through third party agreements in 2019. The land package comprises 6,309 hectares and contains La Barra vein system which extends for at least 5km and is locally up to 40m wide. Reconnaissance sampling returned 58 g/t Au from a historic dump and 424 g/t Ag from hanging wall structures. A systematic soil survey returned Au anomalies up to 43 ppb along the la Barra vein and up to 123 ppb Au in the eastern Adaena alteration zone. Pathfinder geochemistry and quartz textures suggest potential to find a preserved boiling zone bonanza target at depth. La Lola has never seen drilling or modern exploration.
- Aloro Mining Corp., received a new environmental permit to drill 14 holes at its Los Venados project in Sonora. The drill permit, which is valid for two years, also includes the construction of approximately 1,500m of access road.
- Azure Minerals Limited, released that the exploration program at El Alacran project in Sonora is being conducted by Teck Resources and is focused on the porphyry copper potential at the Cerro Alacran prospect and on the epithermal mineralization at Cerro San Simon and Cerro Colorado targets. Assay results for the drill samples have been received from Teck. Azure is currently undertaking a technical review and significant drill intersections will be released when this process is complete.
- Discovery Metals Corp., released sampling results at the Real Viejo area from its Monclova project in Coahuila. Significant results from 41 underground channel samples include 450 g/t Ag, 0.01 g/t Au, 0.14% Cu, 2.9% Pb, and 16.1% Zn (1,558 g/t AgEq) over 1m breccia; 714 g/t Ag, 0.03 g/t Au, 0.08% Cu, 0.5% Pb, and 1.1% Zn (814 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m breccia; and 507 g/t Ag, 0.01 g/t Au, 0.21% Cu, 6.1% Pb, and 4.0% Zn ( 1,018 g/t AgEq) over 1m breccia. Also, significant results from 200 surface channel samples include 57 g/t Ag, 0.01 g/t Au, 0.02% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 2.9%Zn (248 g/t AgEq) over 1.0m breccia; 88 g/t Ag, 0.01 g/t Au, 0.04% Cu, 0.6% Pb, and 0.7% Zn ( 162 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m fault breccia, and dump samples returning 1,150 g/t Ag, 16.45 g/t Au, 1.35% Cu, 1.6% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (2,645 g/t AgEq) and 418 g/t Ag, 0.01 g/t Au, 0.23% Cu, 1.3% Pb, and 3.4% Zn (704 g/t AgEq).
- Advance Gold Corp., announced phase 3 drilling results from its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas. Two deep holes and one shallow hole were completed for a total of 1,093m during phase 3 and targeted the western extension of a cluster of epithermal veins and the potential of the veins in the near surface oxide zone. Highlights of the shallow hole include 0.15 g/t Au and 73 g/t Ag over 4.72m, with the best intersection of 0.58 g/t Au and 31 g/t Ag over 1.05m. The two deep holes did not intersect the veins suggesting that the structures could be dipping more vertically.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released encouraging drilling results from its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Hole LRGG-19-03 intersected 2.21 g/t Au and 319 g/t Ag (6.45 g/t AuEq) over 20.4m, including 4.26 g/ Au and 608 g/t Ag (12.36 g/t AuEq) over 10.5m, including 6.17 g/t Au and 869 g/t Ag (17.77 g/t Au) over 7.2m.
- Capstone Mining Corp., reported Q1, 2019 production results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. The company milled 273,000 tonnes of 1.53% Cu to produce 8.7M Lb Cu and 5.5M Lb Zn, at cash cost of US$ 0.70/Lb Cu produced. Metallurgical recoveries for Cu and Zn were 94.2% and 69.3% respectively.
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, produced 1.23M Oz Au during Q1, 2019 at a cost applicable to sales of $701 per Oz and an AISC of $907 per Oz. The company reported a net income of $113M, an EBITDA of $687, a cash flow from continuing operations of $574M, and free cash flow of $349M.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, released Q1, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. At Pinos Altos mine in Chihuahua, the company milled 478,000 tonnes of 2.89 g/t Au to produce 42.7K Oz Au, at a cash cost of $694 per Oz Au produced. At its Creston-Mascota mine in Chihuahua, the company milled 361,000 tonnes of 1.96 g/t Au to produce 13.5K Oz Au, at a cash cost of $727 per Oz Au produced. At its La India mine in Sonora, Agnico milled 1,451,000 tonnes of 0.67 g/t Au to produce 23K Oz Au, at a cash cost of $772 per Oz Au produced.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, announced maiden ore reserves at its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The total proven and probable ore reserves based on the current mineral resources as depleted 31 December 2018 for the Plomosas mine are 73,850 tonnes at grades of 13.8 % Zn, 2.4 % Pb, and 18 g/t Ag. In terms of mining costs, the stoping has been estimated at US$ 29.85/ ton ore mined and development at US$ 6.50/ton ore mined.
- Mexus Gold US, announced that the ore crushing circuit on its Santa Elena mine in Sonora is now fully operational.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, reported that mapping work at its Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora has extended the main corridor to almost 20km in length. There are three corridors with at least 9 mineralized zones with multiple deposits that have been discovered to date. “Part of the recent exploration work has been between the known deposits where there had been limited drilling by previous operators. Current work is also testing new geological concepts”.
- Azure Minerals Limited, reported Q1, 2019 results from the activities carried out at its Oposura project in Sonora. Azure announced that the initial hydrologic drilling into potential aquifers, as well as the condemnation/sterilization drilling on plant site and tailings storage, has been successfully completed. The phase 2 drilling program was completed with a total of 58 holes adjacent to the East Zone mineral resource. Results were reported in previous press releases and confirmed the continuity of the mineralization, and this is likely to result in upgrading most of the East Zone Mineral Resource to JORC Indicated classification, thereby enabling conversion to JORC Probable Reserves as part of the Feasibility Study. “The close-spaced extensional drilling was successful in delineating a zone of high-grade (>20% Zn+Pb) mineralisation located around Tunnel D within the western part of the East Zone and extending further to the west into the Central Zone. Azure is currently assessing the potential for early development of this high-grade mineralisation as access to this area is immediately available via Tunnel D”. Geotechnical studies, detailed deposit-wide variability metallurgical testwork, and open pit and underground mine planning and scheduling are in progress.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., announced results from its 2019 annual general meeting of shareholders (Sierra Mojada project, Coahuila).
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, published its 2018 sustainability report. Newmont´s sustainability highlights include: a) “Conducting the first integrated environmental and social impact assessment under an improved approach to free, prior and informed consent of indigenous peoples at the Sabajo project near the Merian operation in Suriname; b) Launching a Supplier Risk Management program to significantly improve how risks – including corruption, safety, social, environmental, human rights and security – are managed throughout the supplier relationships lifecycle; c) Refreshing Newmont’s global inclusion and diversity strategy and including metrics to measure inclusion and diversity; d) Distributing more than $6.5 billion in economic value including $1.4 billion in wages and benefits, nearly $520million paid in taxes and royalties, and $1.1 billion spent with local suppliers; e) Partnering with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and working together on achieving better biodiversity outcomes through a review of the Company’s biodiversity projects in Nevada; f) Minimizing the risk of catastrophic tailings dam failures by strengthening Newmont’s tailings governance framework to include reviews of its five high-priority tailings storage facilities by independent technical review boards; and g) Reducing water consumption by six percent (compared to the 2016 base year) and maturing Newmont’s water strategy focus toward water stewardship.
- Discovery Metals Corp., amended terms of its Puerto Rico option agreement located in Coahuila State, and signed a 30-years exploration and mining agreement with the Boquillas Del Carmen Ejido. Discovery Metals may exercise the option to acquires 100% interest of the Puerto Rico property by making a cash payment of US$300K by monthly installments of US$20K, commencing 30 calendar days after receiving the drill permit, issuance of 500K common shares on each anniversary of the closing date of the transaction, and the issuance of additional common shares equivalent to the greater of 20% of the market value of the project as determined by an independent valuation or 18M common shares, taking into account common shares already issued to the property owners. In order to exercise the option, the company is required to complete 12,000mof drilling within 3 years after it receives the drill permit.
- First Mining Gold Corp., announced the appointment of its new COO (san Ricardo property, Sonora).
- Galore Resources Inc., reported the passing of one of its Directors (Dos santos project, Zacatecas).
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, declared quarterly dividend of $0.14 per share of common stock, payable on June 20, 2019 to holders of record at the close of business on June 6, 2019.
- Minera Alamos Inc., announced the transaction with ePower Metals Inc., to accelerate the development of its Guadalupe de los Reyes property in Sinaloa. Minera Alamos will assign its option rights to acquire the property in exchange for 19.8% of the outstanding ePower common shares and certain other rights related to the development of the Guadalupe de los Reyes property. If ePower fail to complete any of the remaining option payments, all rights to acquire the property will revert to Minera Alamos. Minera Alamos also will be entitled to a right of first refusal in the event ePower should at any time seek to raise financing to develop the property by way of the sale or grant of a royalty or stream. To acquire Minera Alamos’ interest in Los Reyes, the following conditions must be satisfied by ePower: Complete a cash payment of US$1,500,000 to Minera Alamos, to reimburse Minera Alamos for the cost of an option payment the Company will be making to Vista on April 23, 2019, assume Minera Alamos’ remaining option payments of US$3,000,000 in favour of Vista (US$1,500,000 due October 27th, 2019; and US$1,500,000 on the earlier of October 27th, 2021 or a production decision, Issue to Minera Alamos 9,450,000 post-Consolidation (as defined below) ePower Shares and 3,350,000 common share purchase warrants entitling Minera Alamos to acquire further post- consolidation ePower Shares at a price $0.50 per share for a period of twenty-four months, and enter into a governance agreement, providing for, among other things, Minera Alamos receiving the right to appoint one director to the board of ePower for so long as Minera Alamos holds at least 5% of ePower’s outstanding common shares and Minera Alamos receiving the right to participate in future financings.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, announced election of Directors during its annual general meeting of shareholders (Pinos Altos mine, Chihuahua).
- Alien Metals Limited, received the notification of major holdings in respect of the conversion of the convertible loan agreement and issue of shares to Gravner Ltd. (Los Campos, Zacatecas).
- Capstone Mining Corp., announced results from its 2019 annual general meeting of shareholders (Cozamin mine, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a chalcedonic quartz breccia in a hot spring system in Queretaro, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / January 9, 2019 / Vangold Mining Corp. (the “Company” or “Vangold“) (TSX-V:VAN) is pleased to announce the appointment of James E. Anderson as a director of the Company.
Upper levels of an epithermal vein system
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 51st week of the year (December 17th to December 23th, 2018), at least 28 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with nine informing on exploration results, eight disclosing deals and corporate issues, six announcing financing rounds, two communicating production results, two exposing government issues and one reporting on advances on their properties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Secretariat of Economy decentralized and moved the Undersecretariat of Mining to Chihuahua. The Undersecretary of Mining discarded to harden rules for mining industry. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals reported the completion of an airborne geophysical survey on its Cervantes project as well as metallurgical testing results; San Marco Resources completed a drilling program on its Chunibas project; Mexus Gold released drill results from its Santa Elena project; Minaurum announced the mobilization of a second drill rig to its Alamo Silver project; Colibri provided a review of its exploration activities during 2018. In Coahuila, Prize released drill results from its Manto Negro project. Almadex provided an exploration update on their Yago and El Chato properties in Nayarit and Puebla respectively. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals reported drill results from its El Cobre project. ON MINING, Endeavour provided an early review of its El Cubo mine plan in Guanajuato for 2019. GoGold announced Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its Parral project in Chihuahua. ON FINANCING, SilverCrest entered in a private placement for gross proceeds of CAD$ 292K (Las Chispas, Sonora). VVC Exploration closed a non-brokered private placement for an aggregate of CAD$ 2,212,510 or approximately US$ 1.7M, (Samalayuca, Chihuahua). Alamos Gold announced the purchase of 25,513,043 common shares (Mulatos mine, Sonora). Minaurum rised the amount of $3,981,937.50 in proceeds from the exercise of warrants (Alamos Silver, Sonora). Candelaria announced a non-brokered private placement for 4.2M (Pinos, Zacatecas). Impact extended the deadline to complete a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of approximately $1.5M (Zacualpan, State of Mexico). Mexican Gold provided an update on the second tranche of a previous announced non- brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $3M (Las Minas, Veracruz). Prime Meridian announced that the company will be conducting a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $1.5M (Tango Gold, Sinaloa). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Minera Alamos provided an update of the 2018 development activities performed at its La Fortuna project in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, SilverCrest granted stock options to the Company´s directors, officers, employees, and consultants. Almaden appointed financial advisor to assist in arranging financial project for its Ixtaca property in Puebla. Mammoth entered in an option agreement with Centerra on its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Silver Viper acquired La Virginia property in Sonora from Pan American Silver. Aura Minerals announced a consolidation of its common shares (Aranzazu mine, Zacatecas). Santacruz issued 250K of its common shares and made a cash payment to Haywood to amends a financial advisory agreement signed by both companies (Veta Grande mine, Zacatecas). First Mining announced the appointment of its CEO. Harvest Gold granted stock options to certain directors, officers, and consultants. Prime Meridian concluded an option to purchase 100% interest in the Tango Gold property in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Secretariat of Economy decentralized and moved the Undersecretariat of Mining to Chihuahua. Francisco Quiroja, the recently appointed Undersecretary of Mining, inaugurated in Chihuahua city the headquarter of the federal dependence and exposed that is key to promote an active industrial politics that foster the innovation, diversification and inclusion of the Mexican mining and metallurgy sectors. To reach the strategy planned , the Undersecretary of Mining will lean on the General Coordination of Mines, dependence in charge of regulating the sector, on the General Coordination of the Mining Development, to promote the development of the mining sector, on the Mexican Geological Survey, to support and push the competitiveness in exploration, on FIFOMI, to increase the financing and structure projects subject to credits, and on the Mining Fund to make sure the social viability of the different projects and of the validations of the same ones.
- The Undersecretary of Mining discarded to harden rules for mining industry. The Undersecretary of Mining (Francisco Quiroga) pointed out that the new government doesn’t look for to carry out drastic changes in the sector, canceling concessions or increasing the production royalties paid for mining companies. “The companies have rights and none right will be harmed, neither that of the communities neither that of the companies”. Francisco Quiroga affirmed that, for the time being, his efforts are centered in simplifying steps, to promote new projects and to impel the exploration in the sector. He also is analyzing changes to the formula of distribution of the Mining Fund.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., announced the completion of a helicopter-based airborne magnetic, radiometric , and VLF survey covering the entire 3,694 hectares with 100m spaced lines of its Cervantes project in Sonora. “Preliminary results show an extensive magnetic high under the California target extending and broadening towards the north. Other targets such as Purisima and Jacobo have either low to very high magnetic response respectively, suggesting that there is more than one phase of porphyry intrusions on the property. A large and interesting northwest-southeast oriented magnetic high was detected on the northwest side of the survey and corresponds to a newly identified area of extensive gossan oxide and pyrrhotite-pyrite- chalcopyrite-arsenopyrite mineralization in hornfels and sediments intruded by feldspar-quartz porphyry dykes. The pyrrhotite indicates a reduced copper-gold system and likely contributes to the magnetic high”. Aztec also reported high gold recoveries by cyanide leach analysis of 5 drill holes. Gold recoveries include 87% Au and 45% Ag over 98m in hole 18CER007, 84% Au and 54% Ag over 106m in hole 18CER006, and 84% Au and 49% Ag over 93.5m in hole 18CER003.
- San Marco Resources Inc., completed a drilling program funded by Antofagasta plc, on its Chunibas project in Sonora. 1,640m of core in seven holes were drilled to confirm down-dip and along strike alteration and mineralization observed on surface along a 1.2km long NW-SE mineralized corridor and a 400m long NE-SW perpendicular mineralized corridor. San Marco reported that all holes intersected several intervals with visible fine grained disseminations and cavity fillings of bornite, chalcocite, and traces of chalcopyrite. Assays results are pending and will be released once the company makes its analysis and interpretation.
- Mexus Gold US, released results of two holes drilled at the Julio area within its Santa Elena project in Sonora. Holes 4 and 5 averaged 0.8 g/t Au over 3 m and 2 m intercepts with a 1 m section of 1.4 g/t Au. Assay results are pending from holes 6 to 9 to complete the evaluation of the initial drill program on this target area.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., announced the mobilization of a second drill rig to its Alamos Silver project in Sonora to accelerate the testing of new veins identified recently. Minaurum also announced rock sampling results and the discovery of the 1.2km long monzonite-hosted Salvia vein zone. Highlights of the rock sampling include 1m of 1,150 g/t Ag, 2m of 1.03% Cu, 1.2m of 3,240 g/t Ag, and 1.50m of 747 g/t Ag.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, provided a review of its exploration activities during 2018 of its projects in Sonora. Colibri drilled 2,900m in 27 holes at its El Pilar project, extending the length of the known mineralized gold deposit 52% and confirmed many of the historical drill results from the previous operator. Drilling highlights of the 2018 program are 9m of 8.2 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 33.4 g/t Au; 28.5m of 0.57 g/t Au, including 3m of 4.24 g/t Au; 40.5m of 0.73 g/t Au, including 3m of 5.37 g/t Au; and 61.5m of 0.75 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 17.3 g/t Au. El Pilar and Evelyn projects have been reviewed by several companies for potential JV opportunities, however none agreement has been made at this time. The company also added two gold exploration projects named El Mesquite and Jackie by the purchase of Yaque Minerals, a private exploration company. El Mesquite contains a 600m long by 300m wide mineralized zone with values up to 3.41 g/t Au. Geophysical surveys have identified resistivity and chargeability anomalies with merits to be drill tested. Jackie is a grass root gold exploration project. An exploration campaign is expected to be carried out in 2019, which will consists of mapping, stream sediment sampling, chip sampling, and possibly a soil sample grid.
- Prize Mining Corporation, released drill results from the Pilar Grande target within its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. Significant intersections are in hole DDHDI-18-05 with 2.5m of 0.72% Cu and 46 g/t Ag, including 0.55m of 1.43% Cu and 126 g/t Ag, and 0.45m of 1.74% Cu and 87 g/t Ag; hole DDHDI18-05 with 2.15m of 0.79% Cu and 37 g/t Ag, and 2.90m of 0.72% Cu and 24 g/t Ag.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd., initiated a small “proof of concept” drill program at Gallo de Oro target within its Yago project in Nayarit where banded epithermal veins crop out at surface. At El Chato project in Puebla, Almadex has identified drill targets based on a defined IP chargeability anomaly beneath a zone of intense alteration interpreted to correspond with the upper portion of a buried porphyry system. Almadex geologists believe the El Chato has the same geological setting to that of Azucar Minerals Ltd´s El Cobre Cu-Au porphyry project in Veracruz.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., announced drill results from the North Zone within its El Cobre project on Veracruz. Highlights drill results at the North Zone include hole EC-18-053 with 231.50m of 0.45 g/t Au and 0.17% Cu, including 132m of 0.68 g/t Au and 0.24% Cu, and 70.20m of 1.07 g/t Au and 0.35% Cu, and 33.20m of 1.54 g/t Au and 0.49% Cu; hole EC-18-055 with 245.50m of 0.39 g/t Au and 0.17% Cu, including 148.50m of 0.54 g/t Au and 0.22% Cu, and 59.05m of 0.87 g/t Au and 0.32% Cu, and 33.30m of 1.10 g/t Au and 0.39% Cu; and hole EC-18-058 with 248.90m of 0.39 g/t Au and 0.19% Cu, including 74.50m of 0.67 g/t Au and 0.33% Cu, and 21.90m of 1.22 g/t Au and 0.55% Cu. Based on the drill results, the geologists have interpreted that “the mineralization appears to trend in NE-SW direction, that a late-mineral and barren to weakly mineralized intrusive occurs in the middle of the North Zone but tops out about 400m below the current surface, and that the mineralization remains open to depth, on either side of the late intrusion, and along strike to the northeast”.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., provided an early review of its El Cubo mine plan in Guanajuato for 2019. The company plans to reduce the production rate in 2019 to approximately half its 1,500 tonnes per day, while continuing exploring for new reserves to extend the mine life. Endeavour has initiated layoffs of approximately 240 employees.
- GoGold Resources Inc., produced 774.6K Oz Ag and 6,655 Oz Au (1.3M OZ Ag Eq) from its Parral mine in Chihuahua during the full year 2018. GoGold also reported the production of 241K Oz Ag Eq in Q4, 2018.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., entered in a private placement for gross proceeds of CAD$292K (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, closed an equity non-brokered private placement financing for an aggregate of CAD$ 2,212,510 (approximately US$ 1.7M). Gross proceeds will be used in exploration work and maintenance fees on their Mexican properties (Samalayuca, Chihuahua, La Tuna, Sinaloa, and Cumeral in Sonora).
- Alamos Gold Inc., announced its intention to make a normal course bid to purchase over the next twelve months,(beginning December 24, 2018 and ending December 23, 2019), up to 25,513,043 common shares (Mulatos mine, Sonora).
- Aura Minerals Inc., announced a consolidation of its common shares on the basis of a new share for ten old shares.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., issued 250K of its common shares and made a cash payment of $1,063 to Haywood Securities Inc., to amends a financial advisory agreement between the two companies.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., raised $3,981,937.50 in proceeds from the exercise of warrants bringing its consolidated cash balance to approximately $10M. Gross proceeds will be used at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora.
- Candelaria Mining Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $4.2M. Gross proceeds will be used for the construction of the Pinos project according to the PEA described in a previous press release.
- Impact Silver Corp., extended the deadline until January 18, 2019 to complete a non-brokered private placement of approximately $1.5M (Zacualpan, Estate of Mexico)
- Mexican Gold Corp., provided an update on the second tranche of a previously announced non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $3M, subject to increase the size of the private placement by 25%. Mexican Gold expects to close the second tranche in the first weeks of January 2019. Net proceeds will be used to continue the exploration of its Las Minas project in Veracruz.
- Prime Meridian Resources Corp., announced that the company will be conducting a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $1.5M (Tango Gold, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Minera Alamos Inc., provided an update of the 2018 development activities carried out at its La Fortuna project in Durango. “La Fortuna now has key permitting and technical milestones in place. This provides a path to a commercial production decision in the second half of 2019″. Highlights of the 2018 project development were the completion of a PEA demonstrating robust project economics including an after tax internal return of 93%, and a AISC of $400 per ounce produced; the positive response from SEMARNAT approving the change of land use to construct mining and processing facilities; the completion of the geotechnical studies and design of the dry-stack tailings containment facilities for the project; and the identification of a new area called La Pista, located approximately 1.3km SW of the main zone of La Fortuna resources, which contains significant near surface disseminated Au-Ag mineralization amenable to heap leaching and showing intervals of up to 50m in width. This new zone has returned assays up to 8 g/t Au and 30 g/t Ag over a mineralized area of approximately 500m by 300m. Production highlights included in the PEA study are an average annual contained-metal production of approximately 50K Oz Au Eq (43K Oz Au, 220K Oz Ag, and 2.2M Lb Cu), a 5-year mine life based on initial resource starter pit with 2M tonnes of 3.68 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 0.27% Cu, processed at 1,100 tonnes per day average processing rate, and 215K Oz Au, 1.1M Oz Ag, and 11.2M Lb Cu produced in concentates.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., granted stock options to the Company´s directors, officers, employees, and consultants.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., appointed Auramet International, LLC as financial advisor to assist in arranging financial project for its Ixtaca property in Puebla.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., entered in an option agreement with Centerra Gold Inc., on its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Centerra can earn up to 70% of interest by spending US$ 9M over a seven years period. Details of the deal is upon Centerra has invested US$ 4M, it will earn a 51% interest in the property and could decide to earn an extra 19% by incurring additional expenditures on the property for US$ 4M and completing a PEA which identifies a mineral resource which is compliant with NI 43-101 and making a cash payment or issuing common shares for the amount of US$ 0.55M to Mammoth.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., acquired three large mineral concessions totaling 35,598 hectares that comprise part of the La Virginia Au-Ag property in Sonora from Pan American Silver Corp. Under the deal, Pan American is entitled to a 2% NSR over the entire project. The agreement also provides Pan American with a right of first refusal on the optioned properties if Silver Viper does not exercise its option and a right of first offer over the entire consolidated property.
- First Mining Gold Corp., announced the appointment of its Chief Executive Officer (San Ricardo, Sonora).
- Harvest Gold Corporation, granted stock options for a period of 5 years to certain directors, officers, and consultants.
- Prime Meridian Resource Corp., concluded a binding term sheet to acquire 100% interest in the Tango Gold property in Sinaloa by making US$ 5M in total purchase payments, and holding costs payments within five years of the execution of the formal agreement as follow: Year 1: US$195K, Year 2: US$ 245K, Year 3; 305K, Year 4: 365K, and Year 5: 425K. Prime has the option of making the final purchase payment (US$ 5M less total purchase payments made to date) at the end of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th year of the term of the purchase option, and the final purchase payment will be paid in cash (50%) and common shares (50%). Tango Gold consists of 3,954 hectares over four contiguous mineral concessions.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, upper levels of an epithermal vein system in a prospect in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Advanced argillic alteration
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 47th week of the year (November 19th to November 25th, 2018), at least 14 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five informing on exploration results, three reporting on advances on their properties, three disclosing deals and corporate issues, two announcing financing issues, and one related to a law proposal to force miners to seek permission from the communities. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a law proposal is being presented by a MORENA senator to force miners to seek permission from the communities around their mining projects. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro Mining mobilized a RC drill rig to its Los Venados project, Mexus Gold commenced a drilling program on its Santa Elena project, and Millrock announced a new drilling program at its La Navidad project. Millrock also reported results from its El Picacho project. In Coahuila, Silver Bull completed a VTEM and Magnetic geophysical survey on its Sierra Mojada project. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals reported drilling results from its El Cobre project. ON MINING, no relevant news. ON FINANCING, Goldplay announced a private placement intended to raise up to CAD$ 1.5M. Mexican Gold closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for $2.06M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Minera Alamos received a positive notification from SEMARNAT for the development of its la Fortuna project in Durango. SilverCrest filed a technical report and updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Torex reported in-fill and step-out drilling results from its El Limón-Guajes mine complex in Guerrero. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Consolidated Zinc held its 2018 annual general meeting (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua), Avino announced management changes (Avino mine, Durango), and Kootenay entered in an option agreement to acquire a 100% of interest of the Columba property in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Communities’ consultation. A law proposal is being presented by a MORENA senator to force miners to seek permission from the communities around their mining projects. Proposed initiatives include empowering the Ministry of Economy to declare certain zones as not viable for mining, and revoke permits and existing concessions that had a negative social impact. They also contemplate charging Mexican agencies with overseeing the social and environmental impact of mining activities. The news caused the Grupo Mexico and Peñoles stocks to tumble 5.4% and 4.7% respectively on the Mexican Stock Exchange.
- Aloro Mining Corp., mobilized a RC drill rig to its Los Venados project in Sonora while a bulldozer continues the construction of drill pads and access roads to other drill sites. This is the first time that the southern portion of the property is going to be drill-tested.
- Mexus Gold US, commenced a drilling program on the Julio II zone within its Santa Elena project in Sonora.
- Millrock Resources Inc., announced that a new drilling program is underway at its La Navidad project in Sonora, where the company has a JV option with Centerra Gold Inc. Seven holes totaling 1,500m were planned to test the northwest portion of the property, being 4 holes at the El Tigre prospect where Au has been detected by soil sampling in the vicinity of historic mine workings, and 3 holes at the El Chupadero prospect where decalcification and jasperoid replacement suggests the presence of intrusion-related gold mineralization. Millrock also reported that a 2,007.80m drilling program was completed at its El Picacho project in Sonora. Unfortunately, only narrow Au-bearing intersections were encountered. Highlights include 1m of 0.72 g/t Au in Hole P18-004D, 1m of 2 g/t Au in Hole P18-007D, and 0.5m of 5.7 g/t Au in Hole P18-008D.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., completed a 5,297line km helicopter-borne VTEM and Magnetic geophysical survey on its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The airborne survey covered 4 main regional prospects including the main deposit at its Sierra Mojada property. It targeted over 50 km of the regional San Marcos Fault, due to this structure is considered to be the main control of the mineralization in the district. This survey is part of a work program conducted under a JV option with its partner South 32 Limited.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., announced results from its ongoing drilling program at the El Cobre project in Veracruz. Highlights from drilling at the Villa Rica target are 161.20m of 0.23 g/t Au and 0.15% Cu in Hole EC-18-052, including 18m of 0.51 g/t Au and 0.43% Cu, and another interval of 10m of 0.60 g/t Au and 0.48% Cu, and 116.30m of 0.21 g/t Au and 0.16% Cu in Hole EC-18-054, including 12.40m of 0.85 g/t Au and 0.39% Cu.
- No relevant news.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., announced a private placement intended to raise up to CAD$ 1.5M
- Mexican Gold Corp., closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for $2.06M. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration on the Company’s Las Minas project located in the State of Veracruz, Mexico, to make the final property payment, and for general working capital purposes.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Minera Alamos Inc., received a positive notification from SEMARNAT regarding the Company´s permit applications (MIA / ETJ) for the development of its la Fortuna project in Durango. It allows Minera Alamos to initiate applications for other permits required in advance of any commercial mine production.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., filed a technical report and updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora. There are no material differences in the mineral resources disclosed in the press release dated September 19, 2018.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported in-fill and step-out drilling results in the Sub-Sill Zone of its El Limón-Guajes mine complex in Guerrero. Highlights from the drilling program include 8.1m of 30.2 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, and 4.3% Cu in Hole SST-101, 3.6m of 48.9 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, and 0.1% Cu in Hole SST-118, and 4.6m of 34.4 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, and 0.9% Cu in Hole SSUG-059. The deposit remains open in several directions.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, held its 2018 annual general meeting and advised that the company increased 32% of the mineral resources and filed a bankable FS assessing the viability of its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., announced the retirement of its CFO and commenced a selection process to find a replacement. (Avino mine, Durango).
- Kootenay Silver Inc., entered in an option agreement to acquire a 100% ownership of the Columba property in Chihuahua. This property covers a large high-grade silver epithermal system with several veins varying from 0.5 to up to 6.0m in width which have been mapped for over 200m up to 2Km in length. Sampling has returned grades of up to 692 g/t Ag. Kootenay can acquire a 100% of the property by making staged payments over a 4-year period totaling US$ 3.29 M with an initial payment of US$ 15K, first and second years payments totaling US$ 75K and US$ 150K respectively. The Agreement includes a work commitment of US$ 250K by the first anniversary and US$ 750K by the second anniversary of the Agreement. Upon earn-in the vendors retain a 2% NSR of which 1% can be purchased by the Company for US$ 750K.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, advanced argillic alteration in a skarn-epithermal mineralized system in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Banded quartz texture
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 45th week of the year (November 5th to November 11th, 2018), at least 36 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with thirteen communicating mining activities, seven disclosing deals and corporate issues, seven informing on exploration results, six announcing financing issues, and 3 reporting on advances on their properties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro commenced the road construction and building of drill pads on its Los Venados project, San Marco Resources announced the commencement of a drilling program at its Chunibas project, Sonoro reported drill results from its Cerro Caliche project, and Minaurum discovered two new vein zones at its Alamos Silver project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals completed a 40 line-km ground magnetometer survey at its Monclova project. ON MINING, Alio Gold, Americas Silver, Argonaut, Avino, Consolidated Zinc, First Majestic, Fortuna Silver, Hecla, Pan American Silver, Premier Gold, Santacruz Mining, and US Antimony reported production results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Auxico Gold closed a non-brokered private placement for $315K. GoGold closed the US$12M sale of the Santa Gertrudis royalty with Metalla Royalty and Streaming Ltd. Impact Silver announced a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M. Telson Mining received $5M from Trafigura Mexico for the second tranche of the loan agreement announced on December 18, 2017. Silver Spruce consolidated its common shares and proposed to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M. Golden Minerals reported its Q3 2018 financial results. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Kootenay designed a drilling program aimed to expand resources at its la Cigarra deposit in Chihuahua. Hecla released in-fill drilling results for its San Sebastian mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Capstone Mining made reductions to its organizational structure (Cozamin mine, Zacatecas). Defiance Silver and ValOro Resources signed a definitive merger agreement (San Acacio project, Zacatecas). Golden Goliath announced that Desarrollos Mineros El Aguila (subsidiary of Fresnillo plc) exercised the option agreement on its Uruachic project in Chihuahua. New Gold (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi) and Prize Mining (Manto Negro project, Coahuila) appointed their Chief Financial Officer respectively. Golden Reign and Marlin Gold completed business combination to form Mako Mining Corp (La Trinidad mine, Sinaloa).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
No relevant news.
- Aloro Mining Corp., commenced a 3.6km road construction and building of 12 permitted drill pads at its Los Venados project in Sonora. “The road construction will open up new exposures for sampling in mineralized areas and structure that were previously undercover”.
- San Marco Resources, commenced a drilling program at its Chunibas project in Sonora where they have a JV agreement with Antofagasta plc. The drilling program will consists of initial 1,500m comprised in six holes with the goal of testing down dip and along strike high-grade Cu-Ag mineralized mantos hosted in volcanic rocks in different stratigraphic levels. The manto-type mineralization has been identified along a corridor of 1.7km long and at least 300m wide.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., reported results from the initial 13 drill holes from its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Significant intersections are: Hole SCR-002 with 27.43m of 0.6 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-003 with 30.48m of 0.5 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-004 with 39.62m of 0.9 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag, including 6.09m of 2.9 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-005 with 10.67m of 0.7 g/t Au and 21 g/t Ag, and 10.67m of 0.6 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-006 with 10.67m of 1.2 g/t Au and 21 g/t Ag, including 6.1m of 2 g/t Au and 26 g/t Ag; Hole SCR-007 with 22.86m of 0.9 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag, including 4.57m of 2.2 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag; and SCR-008 with 36.58m of 0.5 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag. “The drilling has further confirmed that mineralization in the Los Japoneses zone remains open in all directions, including at depth.”
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered two new vein zones at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora: the San Jose vein, a NNE trend structure hosted in a fault zone which can be traced for at least 3km long, and the Santa Rosa vein, a stringer-quartz veinlets structural zone that runs for at least 300m along strike. The discovery of the new veins was through its ongoing district-scale reconnaissance program. Sampling on the San Jose vein returned grades ranging from anomalous up to 1,995 g/t Ag, 2.5% Cu, and 1.9% Zn, while sampling on the Santa Rosa vein only retuned anomalous values.
- Discovery Metals Corp., completed a 40 line-km ground magnetic survey at its Monclova project in Coahuila to cover three targets: Real Viejo with 23 lines spaced 50m apart, Corrales with 17 lines spaced 100m apart, and Soledad with 12 lines spaced 50m apart. “Results of the Real Viejo survey highlight a linear magnetic high parallel to the mapped mineralized and altered zone along the southern boundary of the Monclova intrusive complex centered on the Project. This suggests continuity of the alteration and/or mineralization along the contact and provides support for the holes planned to test this zone. Interestingly, similar magnetic high zones occur across the neighboring Corrales target. Both linear magnetic highs as well as linear lows are highlighted by the survey and represent prospective targets on the Project. Results at the northern Soledad grid also highlight similar geometries”.
- Alio Gold Inc., reported Q3 production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Alio produced 11.6K Oz Au and 3.9K Oz Ag at an AISC of $1,315 per Oz produced.
- Americas Silver Corporation, produced 323K Oz Ag, 7.5M Lb Pb, and 7.9M Lb Zn during the Q3-2018 from its Cosala operations in Sinaloa and Galena Complex in Idaho.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the El Castillo mine in Durango, Argonaut mined 2, 267,000 tonnes of 0.33 g/t Au, to produce 10.3K Oz Au and 4.8K Oz Ag (10.4K GEOs or Gold Eq Oz). At the San Agustin mine in Durango, the company mined 1, 747,000 tonnes of 0.34 g/t Au to produce 15.7K Oz Au and 52.9K Oz Ag (16.5K GEOs). At its La Colorada mine in Sonora, Argonaut mined 1.2M tonnes of 0.33 g/t Au to produce 7K Oz Au and 16.2K Oz Ag (7.3K GEOs).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., milled 193, 645 tonnes during Q3 2018 to produce 2.2K Oz Au, 342K Oz Ag, and 992K Lb Cu (704.4K Oz Ag Eq) at an AISC of $11.15 per payable Oz Ag Eq.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, reported the October 2018 production from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The company milled 237 tonnes of 12.9% Zn and 3.3 % Pb to produce 68.3K Lb Zn and 17.6K Lb Pb.
- First Majestic Silver Corporation, released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. The table below shows the quarterly operating and cost parameters at each of the mining operations:
- Fortuna Silver Mines Ltd., milled 262, 710 tonnes during Q3 2018 at grades of 1.6 g/t Au and 258 g/t Ag to produce 12.4K Oz Au and 1.99M Oz Ag, with metallurgical recoveries of 91% for Au and Ag.
- Hecla Mining Company, released Q3 production results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. During Q3 2018, Hecla produced 3.7K Oz Au and 522K Oz Ag.
- Pan American Silver Corp, reported Q3 2018 production results from each of their mining operations. At La Colorada, Zacatecas the company produced 1.1K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag. At its Dolores mine in Chihuahua, Pan American Silver produced 33.1K Oz Au and 1M Oz Ag.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced Q3 2018 production results from its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company processed 159,608 tonnes of 3.52 g/t Au and 39 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 96.6% and 43.7% respectively, to produce 17.5K Oz Au and 88.4K Oz Ag at an AISC of $1,059 per Oz produced.
- Santacruz Silver Mining , released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican mining operations. At Veta Grande, Zacatecas, the company processed 42,011 tonnes with 0.26 g/t Au, 77 g/t Ag, 0.8% Pb and 1.94 % Zn to produce 140 Oz Au, 62.2K Oz Ag, 590.8K Lb Pb and 952.4K Lb Zn. At El Rosario, San Luis Potosi, Santacruz processed 15,965 tonnes of 0.26 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb and 1.6% Zn to produce 85 Oz Au, 18.4K Oz Ag, 72.7K Lb Pb, and 467.4 Lb Zn.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., processed 1,246,000 tonnes with 2.6 g/t Au during Q3 2018 from its El Limon-Guajes Mine Complex in Guerrero. The quarterly production was 100.4K Oz Au with a metallurgical recovery of 89%.
- US Antimony Corporation, released its September and October 2018 production results. In September, US Antimony produced 141.2 K Lb Sb and 1,394 tonnes of zeolites, while in October produced 123.5 Lb Sb and 1,065 tonnes of zeolites.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $315K (Zamora project, Sinaloa).
- GoGold Resources Inc., closed the US$12M sale of its Santa Gertrudis royalty with Metalla Royalty and Streaming Ltd. GoGold took US$6M of the US$12M sale price in common shares of Metalla, which represent 9.9% of the Metalla shares outstanding.
- Impact Silver Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M to explore its Zacualpan project in Mexico State for additional high potential precious metals as well as Au-Cu targets.
- Telson Mining Corporation, received $5M from Trafigura Mexico S.A. de C.V., for the second tranche of the loan agreement for the construction of its 1,000 tpd Tahuehueto mine in Durango.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., consolidated its common shares and proposed to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $1.5M. The consolidation of its common shares is one new share for five old shares.
- Golden Minerals Company, reported revenue of approximately $1.9M in Q3 2018 related to the oxide plant lease and costs of approximately $0.7M related to the services Golden provides under the terms of the lease, for a net margin of $1.2M. Other operating income of $3.2 million included $3.0 million from the sale of Golden’s remaining interest in the Celaya project in Guanajuato to The Electrum Group LLC, as well as pro‐rated income from the farm‐out of the Company’s Zacatecas properties to Santacruz Silver. Exploration expenses were $1.1 million in the third quarter, reflecting increased exploration and project evaluation activities at the Santa Maria project in Chihuahua as well as other projects in Mexico.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Kootenay Silver Inc., designed a program of 15,000m of drilling over 62 holes aimed to expand resources along the extensions of its La Cigarra deposit in Chihuahua. The drilling program will be conducted on four target areas where the company believes there is untested potential to increase resources. “The plan would entail primarily exploration step out drilling of known mineralization and some infill drilling of the successful La Borracha program earlier this year”. “The four areas Kootenay plans to target are the La Borracha high grade (the mineralized trend located 1,000 meters northwest from the northern boundary of the Resource), the La Borracha Connection (connecting La Borracha with the San Gregorio area of the Resource), Gap (a very under drilled area between the main San Gregorio and Las Carolinas zones that currently comprise the Resource) and the Carolinas Extension (the strike extension of the Resource to the southeast)”.
- Hecla Mining Company, released in-fill drilling results for its San Sebastian mine in Durango. The in-fill drilling was conducted in the central portion of the polymetallic zone along the Francine Vein. Additionally, exploration core drilling was also conducted toward shallower oxide mineralization along the West and East Francine vein areas, the recently discovered South Vein, and at the Esperanza Vein target area. At the Francine vein, the in-fill drilling program intersected high grade mineralization. Highlights include 1.37m of 591 g/t Ag, 4.8% Cu, 16% Pb and 13.5% Zn and 2.25m of 227 g/t Ag, 1.8% Cu, 3.5% Pb, and 6% Zn. The drilling also intercepted narrow but high-grade mineralization along the East Francine vein on new zones of vein-hosted oxide mineralization. Significant intersections are 1.46m of 485 g/t Ag and 0.3 g/t Au, and 2.83m of 299 g/t Ag and 2.2 g/t Au. Mineralization in this area is defined over 1,200 feet along strike and 800 feet down-dip and this new zone could represent an important new source of oxide mineralization. At the West Francine vein, the drilling program encountered also narrow intervals of high grade. Highlights include 0.64m of 1,791 g/t Ag and 0.62 g/t Au. Mineralization in this area is open laterally and at depth. Follow-up, offset drilling is in progress. At the Esperanza vein, exploration drilling commenced but results are pending. Reconnaissance RC drilling discovered a new blind vein under soil cover in the Saladillo Valley. This new vein, referred as the South vein, intercepted significant mineralized intervals such as 2.83m of 392 g/t Ag and 2.5 g/t Au, 2.86m of 187 g/t Ag and 0.93 g/t Au, and 2.86m of 174 g/t Ag and 1.24 g/t Au. Drilling for the remainder of the year will continue to focus on expanding resources and evaluate near-surface oxide mineralization at the West Francine Vein, South Vein, and Esperanza Vein areas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Capstone Mining Corp., announced management changes and made reduction of its organizational structure to improve financial and operating performance and save approximately $5M per year in corporate general and administrative expenses (Cozamin mine, Zacatecas).
- Defiance Silver Corp., and ValOro Resources Inc., signed a definitive merger agreement dated on November 5, 2018. The ValOro shareholders will receive 0.71 common shares of Defiance for each share of ValOro held. “Upon completion of the Transaction, the combined company will have approximately 119 million common shares outstanding, of which former shareholders of Defiance will own approximately 87% and the former shareholders of ValOro will own approximately 13%” (San Acacio project, Zacatecas).
- Golden Goliath Resources Ltd., announced that Desarrollos Mineros El Aguila S.A. de C.V., a wholly subsidiary of Fresnillo plc, exercised the option agreement on its Uruachic project in Chihuahua by making a final payment of US$2.3M. Golden Goliath still holds a royalty on the several optioned properties in the Uruachic mining district.
- Golden Reign Resources and Marlin Gold Mining Ltd., completed business combination to form Mako Mining Corp. Prior to the closing of the arrangement, the companies completed the amendment to the Gold Purchase Agreement with Sailfish Royalty Corp., and the Marlin reorganization.
On the picture above, banded quartz texture in a hot spring epithermal system in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
CALGARY, Nov. 5, 2018 /CNW/ – PRIZE MINING CORPORATION (“Prize” or the “Company”) (TSXV:PRZ) (OTCQB:PRZFF) (MQSP:GR:FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms. Yuying Liang as Chief Financial Officer of the Company effective today.
TORONTO, Nov. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – New Gold Inc. (“New Gold” or the “Company”) (TSX:NGD) (NYSE American:NGD) announces the appointment of Robert J. Chausse as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately. Rob brings with him more than 25 years of international finance experience, exclusively in the mining sector, which will enhance the collective expertise of the leadership team as we reposition New Gold as a leading, Canadian-focused intermediate producer. The Company also announces the departure of Paula Myson, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Vancouver, British Columbia, October 1, 2018, Candente Gold Corp. (TSXV:CDG) (“Candente Gold” and/or the “Company“) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Mark Lotz to the position of Chief Financial Officer.