Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – November 13, 2018) – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (TSXV: SIL) (NYSE American: SILV) (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Pierre Beaudoin as Chief Operating Officer for the Company. Pierre will dedicate his full attention to the development of the Las Chispas property, and as such, he will be stepping down from the SilverCrest Board in December.
TORONTO, Ontario, October 15, 2018 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) announces the appointment of Ms. Jody Kuzenko to the role of Chief Operating Officer, effective October 29th, 2018. There will be a transition
period with Jason Simpson, until November 9th, 2018, when Jason leaves the Company for a CEO role within the industry.
Sodic hydrothermal alteration
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 41th week of the year (October 08th to October 14th, 2018), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight reporting mining activities, seven informing on exploration results, four announcing financing issues, four communicating deals and corporate issues, two making donations to the local communities where they are working, and two reporting on resources and developments. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Alamos Gold donated an educational center while Fresnillo plc contributed with a community library. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minera Alamos reported drilling results from its Santana project, Sonoro Metals announced the launching of a 10,000m RC drilling program at its Cerro Caliche project, and Mexus announced an upcoming drill program at its Santa Elena project. In Chihuahua, VVC released drill results from its Samalayuca project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining reported underground sampling results from its Manto Negro project. In Zacatecas, Advanced Gold presented drill results from its Tabasquena project. In Jalisco, Evrim received the environmental permit to drill its Cuale project. ON MINING, Capstone, Coeur, Endeavour, Fortuna, Great Panther, McEwen and Sierra Metals reported Q3 2018 results from their Mexican operations. Fortuna also reported overflow problems in the tailings facilities at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Galore closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CDN$ 419.6 K. VVC increased its previous non-brokered private placement to CAD$ 2.5M. Sable raised an aggregate of $4.6M. Telson closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $6.8M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Americas Silver provided updated mineral reserve and resource estimates for its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. Goldplay announced sampling results of historical core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acquired a 100% interest in the Cabeza Blanca concession (Cerro Caliche project, Sonora). Consolidated Zinc extended its share purchase plan until Monday 22 October, 2018 (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua). Leagold (Los Filos mine, Guerrero) appointed new COO and Plata Latina (El Naranjillo, Guanajuato) announced resignation of Director.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Alamos Gold Inc., donated an educational center to the communities of Matarachi and Mulatos in Sonora.
- Fresnillo plc., contributed with a library for the community of the Ejido Rodeo in Durango.
- Minera Alamos Inc., reported initial results of a phase 1 drill program from its Santana project in Sonora. Significant intersections are Hole S118-116 with 93.5m of 0.65 g/t Au, Hole S118-115 with 17.8m of 0.73 g/t Au, and Hole S118-114 with 15.5m of 0.27 g/t Au and 14.9m of 1.4 g/t Au. “The first three holes were drilled near or within the Nicho deposit and were intended to evaluate mineralized extensions of previous exploration programs”. Assay results are pending from the remaining seven holes drilled during this phase 1 program.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., announced the launching of a 10,00m RC drill program at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. The company has been granted with a 2 years environmental permit to drill 87 RC-holes in two years equivalent to approximately 10,000m. The Cerro Caliche´s target is a 2 square km zone with a cumulative total of over 10 km of gold mineralized quartz veins with associated lower grade veinlet zones.
- Mexus Gold US, announced an upcoming drill program at its Santa Elena project in Sonora. Initial drilling will occur on 300m of the 2.2km long Julio vein and associated shear zone to probe a 100K Oz Au target.
- VVC Exploration Corporation., presented results of sixteen holes drilled at the Gloria Extension East Zone within its Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. Highlights results are in Hole SC18-033 with 8.2m of 0.66% Cu, Hole SC18-34 with 10.1m of 0.34% Cu, Hole SC18-38 with 9.55m of 0.34% Cu, Hole SC18-39 with 9.6m of 0.38 % Cu, Hole SC18-40 with 14.4m of 0.35% Cu, Hole SC18-41 with 13.45m of 0.39% Cu, Hole SC18-43 with 25m of 0.32% Cu, Hole SC18-45 with 8m of 0.43% Cu, Hole SC18-46 with 6m of 0.41% Cu, Hole SC18-48 with 9m of 0.30% Cu, and Hole SC18-49 with 7.5m and 6m with 0.33% Cu and 0.35% Cu respectively.
- Prize Mining Corporation, reported underground channel sampling results from the El Granizo mine within its Manto Negro Copper project in Coahuila. Thirty two individual samples returned > 1% Cu with a peak of 9% Cu. The weighted average content of the underground channel sampling was 2.62% Cu over an average channel height of 1.7m. Eleven samples returned > 100 g/t Ag and up to 199 g/t Ag, and eight samples with > 1% Pb to a maximum of 2.78% Pb.
- Advanced Gold Corp., presented drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Three holes were drilled below the near surface oxide zone of the Tabasquena vein, the two furthest apart being 125m along strike. Highlights include the increase of the amount of quartz as drilling deeper and the discovery of 5 new blind epithermal veins.
- Evrim Resources Corp., received drill permit and mobilized drill crew to its Cuale high sulphidation project in Jalisco. The drill program will consist of at least 3,000m and comprises between 10-15 drill holes. “The first drill holes at Cuale are planned at La Gloria to test the depth extent of the high grade Au mineralization encountered in trenches 1 and 4, followed by other high priority drill targets throughout the trenched area. Drilling is also planned at four step-out areas to test geophysical targets within the anomalous gold in soil geochemical and rock chip halo, including the North Dome which extends up to 1,000m north of the trenched area.
- Capstone Mining Corporation, reported Q3 2018 results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Capstone milled 270,436 tonnes at a grade of 1.7% Cu, 1.1% Zn, 0.3% Pb and 49 g/t Ag to produce 9.7M Lb Cu, 4.6M Lb Pb, 983K Lb Pb, and 321K Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 94.7%, 67.1%, 51.3% and 75.9% respectively.
- Coeur Mining Inc., provided Q3 2018 results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. Coeur processed 300, 116 tonnes of 195 g/t Ag and 0.12 g/t Au to produce 1.3M Oz Ag and 14.7K Oz Au.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., released Q3 2018 results from their three Ag-Au Mexican operations: Guanaceví mine in Durango, and the Bolañitos and El Cubo mines in Guanajuato. Production table for the third quarter is as follow:
|Production for mine||Tonnes produced||Tonnes per
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q3 2018 results from its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 262,710 tonnes of 258 g/t Ag and 1.61 g/t Au to produce 2M Oz Ag and 12.4K Oz Au, with metallurgical recoveries of 91.47% and 91.24% respectively. The company also reported that the heavy seasonal rains caused an overflow in a contingency pod of the dry stack tailings facilities at its San Jose mine.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the Guanajuato Mine Complex, Great Panther processed 74,303 tonnes with grades of 124 g/t Ag and 2.12 g/t Au to produce 260.8K Oz Ag and 4.4K Oz Au with metallurgical recoveries of 87.8% and 87.1% respectively. At the Topia mine, the company processed 18,617 tonnes with grades of 334 g/t Ag, 0.90 g/t Au to produce 188K Oz Ag, 323 Oz Au, 11.28M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 94.0% for Ag and 59.6% for Au.
- McEwen Mining Inc., presented production results from its El Gallo project in Sinaloa. Residual heap leaching at El Gallo resulted in 10.5K GEOs (gold equivalent ounces) in Q3 2018.
- Sierra Metals Inc., released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the Bolivar mine, Sierra Metals processed 227,690 tonnes of 0.99% Cu, 17 g/t Ag and 0.17 g/t Au to produce 3.9M Lb Cu, 94K Oz Ag and 911 Oz Au with metallurgical recoveries of 78.30%, 74.27% and 68.59% respectively. At Cusi mine, the company processed 55,058 tonnes of 156 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 0.3% Zn to produce 231K Oz Ag, 84 Oz Au 243K Lb Pb, and none Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 83.49%, 32.97%, 78.0%, and 0.0% respectively.
- Galore Resources Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD$ 419.6K (Dos Santos, Zacatecas).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, increased its non-brokered equity private placement financing to CAD$1.2M from the previously announced CAD$ 1.2M (Samalayuca Copper project, Chihuahua).
- Sable Resources Ltd., raised an aggregate of $4.6M and also closed its previously announced bought deal financing for aggregate gross proceeds of $2.5M (Margarita project, Chihuahua).
- Telson Mining Corporation, closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $6.8M to finalize the construction of the Tahuehueto mine in Durango.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Americas Silver Corporation, provided update mineral reserve and resource estimates for its Cosala operation in Sinaloa, including Nuestra Señora, El Cajón, and San Rafel mines and the Zone 120 deposit. The estimate also includes San Felipe project in Sonora on which the company holds an option. Proven and probable mineral reserves at Cosala operation as June 30, 2018 are 2.9M tonnes of 110 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb, and 4.0% Zn for a total content of 10.3 M Oz Ag, 107.7M Lb Pb, and 255.7M Lb Zn. Measured and Indicated mineral resources at Cosala (exclusive of mineral reserves) are 8.9M tonnes of 129 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.5% Pb, and 1.2% Zn for a total content of 36.9M Oz Ag, 49M Lb Cu, 102.8M Lb Pb, and 231.2M Lb Zn, while inferred resources are 2.96M tonnes of 113 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu, 0.9% Pb, and 1.4% Zn for a total content of 10.8M Oz Ag, 14M Lb Cu, 59.1M Lb Pb, and 88.1M Lb Zn. At San Felipe project, measured and indicated mineral resources are 4.7M tonnes of 61 g/t Ag, 2.48% Pb, and 5.42% Zn for a total content of 9.1M Oz Ag, 256M Lb Pb and 559.7M Lb Zn, while inferred resources are 2M tonnes of 48 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, and 3.6 g/t Zn for a total content of 3.1M Oz Ag, 63.2M Lb Pb and 157.8M Lb Zn.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., announced positive results from sampling of the historical core at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Highlights results are in Hole SM-10-07 with 57.3m (TW 51.6m) of 122 g/t Ag Eq, including 14.3m (TW 12.9m) of 278 g/t Ag Eq, including 18.6m (TW 16.7m) of 117 g/T Ag Eq, and Hole SM-10-15 with 7m (TW 52.8m) of 104 g/t Ag Eq, including 12.5m (TW 11.2m) of 379 g/t Ag Eq. “The high-grade results support open pit potential of the initial 500 meter long deposit”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp., acquired a 100% interest in the 10 Has Cabeza Blanca concession paying to the vendor US$175K and 250K Sonoro common shares, this to be paid in five installments over 2 years. “The Cabeza Blanca agreement completes our acquisition of all the mineral concessions under consideration within the 14 km² Cerro Caliche group,” said Kenneth MacLeod, President and CEO of Sonoro. “Cabeza Blanca’s strategic location within Cerro Caliche, along with the positive results from our sampling program and similar results from earlier exploration programs, makes this concession a priority target for Sonoro to drill.”
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, extended its share purchase plan until Monday 22 October, 2018 from the previous closing date of 15 October 2018.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, sodic hydrothermal alteration in a Cu-Mo prospect in Coahuila, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver – Leagold Mining Corporation (TSX:LMC; OTCQX:LMCNF) (“Leagold” or the “Company”) reports that Adriaan “Attie” Roux has been appointed to a newly created role of Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) for an initial term of six months. Mr. Roux is a Metallurgical Engineer with over 40 years of operational, technical and executive management experience in the mining industry.
June 7, 2018, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc (TSX, NYSE AMERICAN: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), announces that the Company has finalized the appointment of Doug Jones as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Jones will be responsible for operations at the Florida Canyon Mine in Nevada, USA and the San Francisco Mine in Sonora, Mexico. Paul Hosford, Vice‐President Project Development, will continue to oversee the development of the Ana Paula Project in Guerrero, Mexico.
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today announced that Mr. Larry Radford has been appointed Chief Operating Officer of the Company effective immediately, a promotion from his previous role of Senior Vice President – Operations, overseeing Hecla’s operations, development projects, pre-development initiatives.
GREAT PANTHER SILVER LIMITED (TSX: GPR) (NYSE American: GPL) (“Great Panther”; or the “Company”) today announces that Ali Soltani will be stepping down from his role as Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) effective May 31, 2018. Mr. Soltani will continue to provide services on a part-time basis until September 30, 2018 as Senior Technical Advisor to Great Panther’s management team.
Vancouver, B.C. – Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. (TSX.V:SCZ) (the “Company” or “Santacruz”) announces the appointment of Mr. Carlos Alberto Silva Ramos to the position of Chief Operating Officer of the Company effective November 27, 2017. Mr. Silva will report directly to the President and CEO of the Company, Mr. Arturo Préstamo.
Mr. Silva is a well-known and highly respected Mexican mining engineer with a degree from the University of Guanajuato, and additionally holds an MBA from ITESM (Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores Monterrey). He has more than 30 years’ of experience working in the mining industry in Mexico with both senior and junior mining companies, the last 17 years of which were in senior management roles.