Advance Gold Corp. (TSXV: AAX) (“Advance Gold” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the completion of Phase 1 drilling, and the important discovery of high-grade gold at the Tabasquena Silver mine, near Ojocaliente, Mexico, including a 1.7 metre intersection, with a grade of 9.46 g/t gold, from the Tabasquena vein. This intersection was silver and gold mineralized over 10.15 metres, and included a highlight intersection that returned 0.55 metre of 12.65 g/t gold.
Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. (ASM: TSX/NYSE American/GV6: FSE; “Avino” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce further drill results from its planned programs on the El Chirumbo area of the Avino vein system, as well as the Guadalupe area near the San Gonzalo Mine. Both of these areas are located on the Avino property, situated 80 kilometres northeast of Durango, Mexico. The objective of this drill program, which commenced in August, 2017, was to explore targets outside of the current active mining areas in order to assess their potential. The initial results were released on February 6, 2018, and can be viewed on the Avino website or under the Company’s profile on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and were also filed with the SEC on Form 6-K.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 24th week of the year (June 11th to June 17th, 2018), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Four companies updated on exploration advances, and one the commencement of mining activities. Four companies announced financing rounds, loans and bonds for an aggregate of over $55 M. One company disclosed news on drilling near resources and development while one other released metallurgical test results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, mining companies are awaiting a Supreme Court resolution on a Zacatecas State tax imposition on mining. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro updated on exploration work at Los Venados; Colibri finished drilling at El Pilar, and released results from a soil survey; Colibri disclosed drilling results by Agnico at its Pitaya project. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals started a drilling campaign on the Norte zone and the north part of the Villa Rica zone at its El Cobre porject. ON MINING, Mexus started pilot mining at its 8 Hermanos property in Sonora. ON FINANCING, Alamaden raised $9.4 M; Starcore launched a private placement for CDN$3 M; Telson paid US$8 M and obtained a loan for US$8.5 M; Endeavour Silver is to sell common shares for an aggregate of up to $35.7 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest Metals released high-grade results from drilling of the Granaditas vein on Las Chispas project, in Sonora. Azure Minerals released metallurgical test results from Oposura, also in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Starcore decided not to go ahead with the acquisition of the Santa Fe property in Sinaloa. Defiance Silver entered into an agreement to acquire Mag Silver’s properties in the Zacatecas District.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Fresnillo PLC and Mag Silver Corp. are awaiting a Supreme Court (Suprema Corte de la Nación) resolution on a mining duty attached to environmental impact, set by the state of Zacatecas. The federal government challenged the State’s right to impose such a duty back in 2017.
- Aloro Mining Corp. updated on its exploration of the Los Venados project in Sonora. Mapping and sampling have defined a rhyodacitic volcanic dome associated with high sulfidation style alteration with Au-Bi-Mo anomalies. Several felsic dome/silica breccia complexes have been located, with the highest priority target on the dome at the southeast part of the property, where gold in soil anomalies and IP anomalies coincide. A new environmental report is being submitted to the authorities, seeking permit for 12 reverse circulation holes.
- Colibri Resource Corp. completed the final 900 m of its 3,000 m phase 1 drilling program on its Pilar project in Sonora. Samples have been taken to the lab and results are pending. A 56 sample soil survey returned 10 samples greater than 0.1 g/t Au, and 3 samples over 1 g/t Au.
- Colibri Resource Corp. released results from drilling on its Pitaya project in Sonora, by joint venture partner Agnico Eagle. Highlighted results from the last four holes comprise 9 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 26 m @ 0.19 g/t Au; 34 m @ 0.22 g/t Au. During 2016-2017, Agnico drilled 7,641 m in 27 drill holes.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. has begun drilling the North zone and the north end of the Villa Rica zone of its El Cobre project in Veracruz. Preparations for this drilling campaign include surface and soil geologic and alteration focused mapping and sampling. “The current drilling at Villa Rica is focused on the Naranjo zone, a new area of exposed porphyry alteration and mineralisation located approximately 500 metres north of the previous Villa Rica drilling and about 1.2 kilometres south of the Norte Zone.”
- Mexus Gold US begun mining at the 8 Brothers/370 project in Sonora. “The company has mined 1000 tons of material containing an average of 9 grams Au and 50 grams Ag per ton. This material is currently being run through a crushing system and placed into an aerated VAT holding tank”. Its portable Merril Crowe system has been installed and tested.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement, raising gross proceeds of $9.44 M. Finders fees of $384.9 K cash and finder warrants of 192,450 shares at $1.35 until June 7, 2020 were paid to arms-length, licensed securities dealers on a portion of the offering (Ixtaca, Puebla).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. launched a private placement of secured bonds for CDN$3 M. “The Bonds will bear interest at 8% per annum, payable on maturity, and will mature 24 months from the date of closing” (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Telson Mining Corp. announced the payment of US$8 M to Nyrstar Mining Ltd. as partial payment, and entered into a loan agreement with Nyrstar Canada (Holdings) Ltd. that converts the final US$8.5 M due on the Campo Morado acquisition agreement into a loan that extends the payment terms for eight months. The principal due is US$8.5 M that are to be paid starting July 13, 2018 with a monthly minimum of US$1 M plus interest, plus 70% of the free cash flow generated by Telson and any monthly excess cash balance above US$500 K.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. is to sell from time to time and its discretion common shares for an aggregate of up to US$35.7 M, through “at the market” distributions (Terronera, Jalisco).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced new drill results for the Granaditas vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Highlighted true width (TW) intervals comprise 1.5 m @ 3.63 g/t Au, 190 g/t Ag; 1.8 m @ 12.14 g/t Au, 1,440 g/t Ag (including 0.40 m @ 47.50 g/t Au, 5,620 g/t Au); 1.3 m @ 3.24 g/t Au, 339 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 1.23 g/t Au, 114 g/t Ag. The vein has a high-grade footprint currently at 150 m long by 100 m high and 1.5 m average true width, grading 5.69 g/t Au, 596 g/t Ag.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. released metallurgical test work results on its Oposura project in Sonora. Azure highlights a 34% overall increase in the recovery of Pb and Zn using a dense media separation technique.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. completed its due diligence and review of the Santa Fe project in Sinaloa, under a previously signed LOI (letter of intent). Starcore will not be proceeding with the acquisition.
- Defiance Silver Corp. entered into an agreement to acquire Mag Silver’s Zacatecas silver district holdings. Mag Silver is to receive 5 M common shares of Defiance, approximately a 5% investment position. Defiance is to receive a 100% interest in the Lagartos project, along with a regional database. The company is to control 1,506 ha, including 65% of the Veta Grande vein and the San Acacio silver deposit.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, intense kaolinitization of felsic volcanic rocks on a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, B.C. Azucar Minerals Limited (“Azucar” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: AMZ; OTCQX: AXDDF) is pleased to announce that drilling has commenced at its El Cobre porphyry copper-gold project in Veracruz State, Mexico. The last few months have been spent preparing for this drill campaign with surface and soil geologic and
alteration focused mapping and sampling, core relogging and drill site preparation work. Drilling is currently underway at the Norte zone and at the very north end of the Villa Rica target which is located south of the Norte zone. At the Norte zone, step out and infill drilling has been planned to define the size and provide appropriate drill density for potential resource definition in the future. The current drilling at Villa Rica is focused on the Naranjo zone, a new area of exposed porphyry alteration and mineralisation located approximately 500 metres north of the previous Villa Rica
drilling and about 1.2 kilometres south of the Norte Zone. The Company anticipates drilling to be underway with one or more rigs throughout the course of 2018 in order to test all targets currently defined.
• Oposura mineral resource drill-out completed with 157 holes totalling 10,112m, with assay results received for 130 holes
• Original drill program expanded by an additional 40 drill holes (3,000m) to enlarge
resource area and increase drill hole density
• Good height and grade continuity of horizontal mineralisation confirmed – favourable
for initial extraction by open pit followed by room and pillar underground mining
• Initial mineral resource estimate expected in June 2018
• Positive metallurgy significantly reduces processing and marketing risk:
Zinc recovery of 85.6% achieved producing a 57.2% zinc concentrate grade
Lead recovery of 84.0% achieved producing a 61.4% lead concentrate grade
Full elemental assays confirm clean concentrates
• Scoping Study / Preliminary Economic Assessment progressing well and on track
On the picture above, Very strong silicification and minor alunite on a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 16th week of the year (April 16th to April 22nd, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, of which two had information on exploration, five on first quarter production, three in financing, two on resources and development and seven in corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Jalisco, Evrim released impressive high-grade results from trenching at Cuale. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold released high grade samples from veins at Las Minas. ON MINING, McEwen, Fortuna Silver, Avino Silver, Telson and Excellon presented Q1 2018 production reports. ON FINANCING, Prospero Silver and Aura Silver respectively announced the opening and closing of financing rounds, while Excellon announced the exercise of warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest released drill results from the Luigi vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Levon Resources filed a PEA report with a new resource estimate on the Cordero project in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Monarca Minerals continues work to solve community issues in Tejamen, Durango. Geologix Explorations Inc. is to change name to ValOro Resources Inc.. Advance Gold acquired the Venaditas property in Zacatecas. Argonaut Gold informed on the legal struggle that halted the explosives permit use on its La Colorada mine in Sonora. Goldplay Exploration optioned the San Marcial property in Sinaloa. Vangold Mining and Mexican Gold granted options to officers, directors and consultants.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced results from trench sampling at its Cuale project in Jalisco. Trench 4 grades 13.61 g/t Au over 106.2 m, including 50.0 m grading 26.13 g/t Au, including 7.5 m @ 163.3 g/t Au. Trench 2 grades 2.94 g/t Au over 29.4 m, including 17.9 m @ 4.55 g/t Au. Gold results over 10 g/t have been re-assayed. “Metallic screen assays reported acceptable repeatability with excellent repeatability at the highest gold grades”. A second IP line defines a 1,200 m long by 50 to 120 m deep highly resistive ledge associated with strong silicification and minor anomalous gold at the surface.
- Mexican Gold Corp. released initial sampling results from four veins on its Pueblo Nuevo concession, part of its Las Minas property in Veracruz. The veins are hosted in diorites with argillic alteration, occur as mesothermal quartz veins, 20 to 50 cm in width with sub-vertical dips and lack post-minerals deformation. The Tamiahua I vein assayed 90.82 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag over 0.40 m, with the footwall and hanging wall returning 0.52 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag over 1.0 m and 0.72 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag over 0.80 m respectively. Nine samples at the Tamiahua II returned 2.05 to 22.82 g/t Au and 5 to 37 g/t Ag on an average width of 0.27 m (up to 0.50 m). At the Cajon vein a grab sample returned 32.2 g/t Au, 231 g/t Ag; while a 0.20 m chip sample assayed 3.53 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag. At the Dos Rios vein, two 0.35 m and 0.18 m samples returned 3.86 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag; 8.25 g/t Au, 59 g/t Ag respectively, while a 1.0 m hanging wall channel sample returned 4.92 m g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported consolidated production for Q1 2018, which includes figures from its Mexican operations. At El Gallo in Sinaloa, 12,217 AuEq Oz were produced during the period. Mining from the existing open pits will cease in Q2, while heap leach activities will continue until 2020, or as long as it remains economic.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported first quarter 2018 production, including figures from its Mexican operations. At San Jose in Oaxaca, 258 K tonnes were milled, at an average rate of 3,011 tonnes per day (tpd) @ 284 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, and a recovery of 92.8% Ag, 92.3% Au, to produce 2.18 M Oz Ag, 14,882 Oz Au.
- Avino Silver & and Gold Mines Ltd. released first quarter 2018 production results from its Avino property in Durango. During the period 120.6 K tonnes were milled @ 56 g/t Ag, 0.58 g/t Au, 0.43% Cu, with recoveries of 81% Ag, 68% Au, 84% Cu, to produce 309.9 K Oz Ag, 2,065 Oz Au, 970 K Lb Cu.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented first quarter 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. During the period the mill processed 148.7 K tonnes (approximately 1,650 tpd) @ 3.65% Zn, 0.41% Cu, 0.90% Pb, 1.14 g/t Au, 108 g/t Ag, with recoveries of 70.4% Zn, 23.0% Cu, 37.9% Pb, 17.9% Au, 28.3% Ag in the elaboration of distinct Zn, Cu, Pb concentrates containing 3,824 tonnes Zn, 140.5 tonnes Cu, 508.7 tonnes Pb, 970.9 Oz Au, 146.8 K Oz Ag. Telson continues to ramp-up production to the 2,500 tpd plant capacity.
- Excellon Resources Inc. presented first quarter 2018 production results from the Platosa mine, Durango. During the period 13,784 tonnes were mined, 18,885 tonnes milled @ 359 g/t Ag, 3.79% Pb, 6.43% Zn, with recoveries of 87.3% Ag, 81.2% Pb, 83.8% Zn, to produce 194.5 K Oz Ag, 1.27 M Lb Pb, 2.25 M Lb Zn.
- Prospero Silver Corp. is to complete a non-brokered private placement intending to raise gross proceeds of up to $1 M (Petate, Hidalgo; Bermudez, Chihuahua).
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced that 3.33 M warrants were exercised, for proceeds of C$2.17 M (Platosa, Durango).
- Aura Silver Resources Inc. is undertaking a non brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $600 K (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released drill results from the Luigi vein on the Las Chispas property in Sonora. The vein was discovered in mid-2017 and referred only as unnamed vein until further drilling delineated a prospective target. Relevant results comprise: 0.8 m (true width, or TW) @ 1.03 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag; 4.1 m @ 1.71 g/t Au, 232 g/t Ag; 1.8 m @ 0.28 g/t Au, 221 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 13.22 g/t Au, 2,067 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 172 g/t Ag; 1.6 m @ 3.41 g/t Au, 265 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.75 g/t Au; 231 g/t Ag. The Luigi vein high-grade footprint measures 300 m long by at least 75 m high, averaging 1.7 m in width @ 2.84 g/t Au, 417 g/t Ag. “The Phase III drill program also includes drilling several new and partially-drilled high-grade mineralized veins. An additional 15,000 to 20,000 metres of drilling are planned for Q3 2018”. The 672 ha Cuesta Blanca ranch was bought, with SilverCrest now owning two thirds of the surface rights on the Las Chispas property.
- Levon Resources Ltd. filed a NI-43-101 technical report with a resource update and preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the Cordero project in Chihuahua. The project envisages a 40 K tpd operation with a 29 year mine life on 417.5 M tonnes of mineralized material @ 46.5 g/t AgEq, to produce 231 M Oz Ag, 2,863 M Lb Zn, 1,992 M Lb Pb, 0.35 M Oz Au. The base case economic estimate is an after tax net present value of $438 M, using a 7.5% discount rate, and an after tax internal rate of return of 16.5%, with a payback period of 4.8 years.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Monarca Minerals Inc. presented a corporate update. At Tejamen, in Durango, 202 RC holes and 10 diamond holes have been re-logged to help in the design of a new drilling campaign. The company has involved the Federal, State and Municipal governments in its search of an agreement with the community regarding the surface rights. At San Jose, in Chihuahua, the LOI on the project was extended to July 2018. “Terms of the LOI call for payment of US$20,000 on execution of the LOI(paid), US$20,000 on execution of a definitive agreement, US$50,000 on the first anniversary of the definitive agreement and US$60,000 on the second anniversary of the definitive agreement. The owners retain a 2% NSR. One percent of the NSR can be purchased by Monarca for US$100,000. Back taxes on the property of US$390,000 will be paid over a period of time. Concession taxes per year are approximately US$46,000”.
- Geologix Explorations Inc. announced its intention to change its name to ValOro Resources Inc., subject to approval by the TSX-V, as well a 10 to 1 consolidation on shares (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp. announced the acquisition of the 2,365 ha Las Venaditas claim in Zacatecas, 11 km to the West of Advance’s Tabasqueña project, which is currently being drilled. “Upon receipt of regulatory approval, Advance will issue to Hot Spring Mining, a Mexican based corporation, 1,000,000 common shares which will be subject to a statutory four-month hold period, in exchange for which Hot Spring Mining will transfer a 100% interest in the Venaditas claims to Advance Mexico. Hot Spring Mining will retain a 2.5% NSR, of which Advance Mexico has the right to buy 1.5% at a rate of $500k CAD per 0.50%”. Advance will issue 800 K options to certain consultants and advisers.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. reported that the court has postponed “the hearing pertaining to Argonaut’s explosive permit at its La Colorada mine (see press release dated April 12, 2018) to allow the Secretary of National Defense (“SEDENA”) to provide evidence requested by the court regarding the temporary suspension of the explosives permit at Argonaut’s La Colorada mine. It is expected that a ruling will be issued within 15 business days of the original hearing date (April 16, 2018), as required by law.” (La Colorada, Sonora).
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. entered into an option agreement with SSR Mining Inc. to acquire a 100% interest in the 1,250 ha San Marcial project in Sinaloa. San Marcial is a low sulfidation epithermal near surface high grade Ag, Zn Pb project with a NI-43-101 resource completed by Silvermex Resources Inc., with opportunity for resource expansion. The indicated resource holds 3.75 M tonnes @ 149 g/t Ag, 0.67% Zn, 0.36% Pb, hosting 18.0 M Oz Ag, 29.9 M Lb Zn, 55.3 M Lb Pb; and 3.07 M tonnes @ 44 g/t Ag, 0.51% Zn, 0.29% Pb holding 4.4 M Oz Ag, 19.5 M Lb Zn, 34.7 M Lb Pb as inferred resources. Goldplay has to pay SSR Mining an aggregate of $2.575 M in cash, issue an aggregate of 3.5 M common shares, incur in $3 M in exploration expenditures over a three year period and grant a NSR royalty (0.5% to 1.5%, based on a resource estimate). A NI-43-101 resource estimate has to be completed on or before the third anniversary of the agreement.
- Vangold Mining Corp. granted an aggregate of 4.8 M stock options to directors, officers and consultants (Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Mexican Gold Corp. granted 174 K incentive stock options to directors and officers of the company.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce initial results from its current drill program on its La Cigarra silver project in Chihuahua, Mexico has successfully extended silver mineralization for 1000 meters to the northwest beyond the current 2.4-kilometer-long NI- 43-101 Resource envelope, along what is known as the La Borracha Zone. A total of seven broadly spaced holes were drilled across the La Borracha Zone with all seven holes hitting the mineralized structure, with the two highest grading holes being the two holes furthest from the resource. Six of the seven holes are reported herein with the seventh awaiting assay results.
TORONTO, ONTARIO – April 5, 2018 – Americas Silver Corporation (TSX: USA) (NYSE “American”: USAS) (“Americas Silver” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on exploration activities at its two operating properties, the 100%-owned Cosalá Operations in Sinaloa, Mexico and the 100%-owned Galena Complex in Wallace, Idaho. The Cosalá Operations includes the Zone 120 deposit, adjacent to the San Rafael Mine.
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (“Azure” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that
resource definition drilling of the Company’s flagship Oposura Project continues to deliver solid and very encouraging results. The initial mineral resource estimate is due in May and the release of the Scoping Study / Preliminary Economic Assessment is expected in Q3 2018.
Kootenay Silver Inc.(TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to provide an update on the Company’s ongoing drill program currently underway at the La Cigarra silver project (“La Cigarra”) located in Chihuahua State, Mexico.
Since drilling recommenced on the La Cigarra Project, six holes have been completed within the La Borracha Zone with all holes hitting the targeted mineralized zone.The mineralized zone intercepted at La Borracha is the extension of the structure, which hosts the La Cigarra resource, and drilling has now tested approximately 1000 meters of strike length beyond the resource. Logging and sampling of these holes is progressing well and results will be released once all assays have been received and interpreted by the Company.