VANCOUVER, BC / April 7, 2020 / Ridgestone Mining Inc. (TSX.V: RMI) (OTCQB: RIGMF) (“Ridgestone”) announces that it has completed the first three holes of the ongoing 10-hole 1,500 metre diamond-core drilling program at its Rebeico Gold –Copper Project, Sonora, Mexico. This drilling is focused on the promising New Year Zone, where high-grade gold and copper mineralization has been sampled on surface.
Vancouver, British Columbia – Capstone Mining Corp. (“Capstone”) (TSX: CS) announces additional high grade copper and silver results from 21 infill and 6 step out drill holes at its Cozamin Mine, further to the update of December 2, 2019. This brings the total drilled to date to 150 holes of a 200 hole program, aiming to double the current reserve base. Drill results to date continue to demonstrate greater widths and grades than current Mineral Reserves, as well as the potential for an expanded high grade resource. Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve estimates will be updated in late 2020. Cozamin is expected to achieve a 50% increase to annual copper and silver production of 50 to 55 million pounds and 1.5 million ounces, respectively, by 2021.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 48th week of the year (November 25th to December 1st, 2019), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Fourth Forum on Community Relations was held in Hermosillo. Steel production in Mexico decreased 3.6% during October, compared with October of last year; Steel production is 7.8% down for the first 10 months of 2019. The Sombrerete mine in Zacatecas might have to halt work, as a court provided a judicial restriction (“amparo”) under which the strike (commanded by Napoleon Gomez Urrutia) that paralyzed operations for more than ten years, is still valid. Mining and Metallurgical production in Mexico fell 4.2% in September. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Silver Viper has commenced a 5,000 m drill program at its La Virginia project; Magna Gold provided an update on exploration at its Mercedes project near Yecora. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals released rock channel results from the Minerva, Monclova and Puerto Rico properties. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold has started drilling a large chargeability anomaly at its Tabaqueña property. ON MINING, Impact Silver and Discovery Metals released financial results for the third quarter 2019. ON FINANCING, Vangold Mining is to close the third tranche of financing for $707.5 K, while delisting from the TSX. San Marco completed a financing round for $448.6 K. McEwen Mining closed its offering for gross proceeds of US$50 M. VVC Exploration paid CA$200.9 K of debts with shares. Goldplay granted 1.37 M stock options to directors, officers and consultants. Vizsla Resources closed the first tranche of financing for gross proceeds of $3.6 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Candelaria Mining released results from 20 in-fill holes at Pinos, Zacatecas. Orla Mining expects to initiate open pit operations at Camino Rojo, in Zacatecas, in mid 2021. Peñoles is discussing possibilities to re-open the famous Naica mine, in Chihuahua. Peña Colorada commissioned a new, more sustainable, plant in Minatitlan, Colima. Discovery Metals began re-logging 132,000 m of historic drilling at Cordero, in Chihuahua, along with an airborne magnetic and electromagnetic survey, aiming to produce higher grade zones within the resource and new exploration targets outside it. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Azure Minerals overturned the cancellation of a key mineral concession on its gold-cobalt-copper skarn Sara Alicia project in Sonora. Tocvan Ventures agreed with Colibri Resource the acquisition of the Pilar project in Sonora. Tamino Minerals signed a LOI on the Ofelia project, in Sonora. Discovery Metals released results for the third quarter 2019, period during which the company acquired all shares from Levon, and thus the Cordero project in Chihuahua. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. The Mining Baseball League was created, and the first game between the Nacozari and Caborca teams was held in Nacozari, Sonora. The fifth Caborca Health Fair sponsored by Penmont and the UNAM foundation was held in El Coyote Ejido, providing more than 3,600 specialized services. The Peña Colorada mine commissioned one km of cobble stone road to connect two communities in Jalisco. Orla Mining is working alongside three communities in Zacatecas, aiding in education related programs and water supply. Grupo Mexico has an exhibition at its Casa Grande in Nacozari. Ternium and the IMSS held a Health Fair in Colima. Peñoles had a Health Journey in Teleolapan, Guerrero. The spread of renewable energy production is changing the environmental impacts of mining project worldwide.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The fourth Foro Minero de Relaciones Comunitarias (Community Relations Mining Forum) was held in Hermosillo on November 22, organized by the Sonora Mining Cluster, with the presence of the State governor, Claudia Pavlovich. Among the personalities present were Francisco Quiroga (Mining Subsecretary), Fernando Alanís (Camimex), Alberto Orozco and Gildardo Montenegro (Sonora Mining Cluster), Elia Tello (USA Consul), Manuel Barbera (from the Australian Embassy) and Alfonso Reyna (Construplan). The event had the presence of 360 attendees, almost twice the expected attendance.
- On the Fourth “Foro Minero de Relaciones Comunitarias” (Community Relations Mining Forum), Fernando Alanís Ortega, Camimex President, elaborated on how the mining business model has evolved towards co-responsibility, and the advances the mining sector has provided for social development in Mexico. He spoke on behalf of Peñoles and the Camimenx, citing the numerous contributions by the company that generates 32,950 direct jobs and 34,598 indirect jobs, with $29,544 M pesos in salaries in 2018. Among the industry numbers presented are: Total investment on social development in 2018, $253.5 M pesos (US$13.2 M), 176 K beneficiaries, 55.5 K medical consults, $51,871.4 M pesos in salaries, over 500 alliances with ONG’s and governments, Environment investment of $803 M pesos, almost 580 K trees planted, 1,360 scholarships and 55 community centers in 40 localities.
- Steel production in Mexico saw a decrement of 3.6% in October, accumulating a loss of 7.8% on production in the first 10 months of the year 2019. Worldwide, the reduction reached 2.8%, compared with the production of a year ago. In Mexico, the decrease has been due to poor numbers in construction and the automobile industry, as a result of the current economic stagnation.
- An “amparo” or judicial restriction was granted to the Sindicatio Nacional de Trabajadores Mineros, Metalúrgicos, Siderúrgicos y similares de la República Mexicana, headed by the Morena senator Napleón Gómez Urrutia. Under the resolution Grupo México should respect the strike on the San Martín de Sombrerete mine in Zacatecas, which was declared in 2007 (Note by GPM.- The mine has been in operation by another union since August of 2018, and this ruling probably means all work is to be halted. Bad news for Sombrerete).
- The mining and metallurgic production in Mexico fell by 4.2% in September. Among the losers, gold production decreased 22.3%, sulphur 13.2%, 12.7% fluorite, 12% lead, 11.2% gold, 2.2% silver and 1.2% copper. On the other hand, coal production increased by 7.2%, zinc by 2.0% and gypsum by 1.3%
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. Released results on its maiden drill program at the Nava target, within its San Marcial property in Sinaloa. Highlighted results from the first four drill holes comprise 1.00 m @ 354 gpt Ag (including 0.15 m @ 1,377 gpt Ag) in one hole; 0.45 m @ 0.21 gpt Au, 196 gpt Ag; 4.10 m @ 0.38 gpt Au; 0.95 m @ 2.35 gpt Au; 3.75 m @ 0.50 gpt Au; 2.30 m @ 0.42 gpt Au (including 0.10 m @ 8.94 gpt Au); 1.00 m @ 0.74 gpt Au, in other hole, and 0.95 m @ 1.22 gpt Au, 10 gpt Ag in another hole.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. has commenced drilling at its La Virginia project in Sonora. The program envisages 5,000 m of drilling in approximately 20 holes, starting on El Rubi zone, where previous drilling intersected 13.30 m (6.0 m true width) @ 3.16 gpt Au, 228 gpt Ag. The last campaign encountered mineralization over 100 m of strike length, and phase II of drilling is designed to test for the extension on strike and at depth on 50 m sections. The program will continue to probe prospective targets.
- Advance Gold Corp. has started drilling to test the chargeability anomaly identified on a recent 3D induced polarization survey on its Tabasqueña property in Zacatecas. The chargeability anomaly is 1,000 m long by 500 m in width, remaining open to the north, south and to depth.
- Magna Gold Corp. provided an update of work on four areas of the Mercedes project in Sonora. Drilling at La Lamosa confirmed oxide mineralization and a follow-up program is being contemplated to test the southeast dip and the extent to the North. At Mina de Oro gold occurs in a silicified dacite intrusive rock on a 330 m by 150 m belt that is still open. Historic workings have returned samples of up to 1.2 m @ 63.2 gpt Au; 1.2 m @ 8.6 gpt Au; 0.3 m @ 11.1 gpt Au. A drill program is planned for 2020 on this target. At Salto Colorado a matrix supported breccia is 300 m long and 60 to 150 m in width, developed in intrusive rocks at the contact with a volcanic rock package. Eight samples in this target are over 1 gpt Au, peaking at 8.52 gpt Au, 460 gpt Ag, 4.0% Pb, 4.2% Cu in a sample from a small working. At La Cueva/Nochebuena a matrix supported breccia 120 m by 80 m has returned up to 0.76 gpt Au, 80 gpt Ag and >1% Cu. The La Cueva breccia is 300 m by 10 to 50 m in width with one sample of 13 above 1 gpt Au.
- Discovery Metals Corp. released results from channel sampling at Minerva, in Coahuila, where 52 of 78 samples returned values >500 gpt AgEq, averaging 0.6 m @ 710 gpt Ag, 13.1% Zn, 8.8% Pb, 0.2% Cu. At Monclova, in Coahuila, a maiden drill program is being planned along 1.5 km of a contact zone between an intrusive and limestone. At Puerto Rico, in Coahuila, the company is having the land re-designated, and once the process is completed, will submit the drill permit application.
- Impact Silver Corp. announced financial results for the third quarter 2019. Throughput at the mill in its Minas de Zacualpan unit was 34.95 K tonnes @ 165 gpt Ag to produce 179.5 K Oz Ag, with the greater share of production coming from the Guadalupe mine. EBITDA was $0.3 M and net loss for the quarter $0.2 M, with a cash position of $4.4 M by the end of the period (with a non-brokered private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of $4.95 M).
- Vangold Mining Corp. informed the first tranche of its private placement was closed in March with gross proceeds of $335 K and a finder’s fee of $9.45 K. The second tranche was closed on May, for gross proceeds of $248 K, paying a finder’s fee of $14.25 K and 285 K warrants. Vangold expects to close the third and final tranche of the private placement, for gross proceeds of $707.5 K, with no finder’s fee payable. The company has also entered into debt settlements agreements with two creditors to settle $20.2 K, including $10 K in management fees with an executive officer. Vangold is also to apply for a listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) and delist from the TSXV (Pinguico, Guanajuato).
- San Marco Resources Inc. completed a financing round for gross proceeds of $448.6 K, paying a 6% finder’s fee in cash ($12.1 K) and 6% finder warrants (Chunibas, Sonora).
- McEwen Mining Inc. closed its previously announced offering, for gross proceeds of US$50 M (El Gallo, Sinaloa).
- Discovery Metals Corp. released financial and operating results for the third quarter 2019. During the period the company acquired all shares from Levon (Cordero, Chihuahua) and completed a non-brokered private placement for $9 M. On November 5, Discovery completed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $19 M. On November 18, the company commenced trading on the OTCQX Best Market in the US. By the end of the period the company had cash and cash equivalents of $9.97 M
- VVC Exploration Corp. announced that an aggregate of CA$200.9 K of indebtedness was converted into shares and warrants, with two insiders of the company participating in the debt conversion. On October 25 the company closed a private placement for CA$2 M (US$1.5 M) for development of the Kaity property in Chihuahua.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. has granted 1.37 M stock options to directors, officers and consultants of the company, for a term of five years (San Marcial, Sinaloa).
- Vizsla Resources Corp. closed the first tranche of $3.6 M of the previously announced $4 M private placement. The balance of the offering is expected to closed by December 5, 2019. The company expects to close the previously announced $2 M non-brokered private placement on December 6, 2019. (Panuco-Copala, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Candelaria Mining Corp. announced in-fill drill results from 20 holes on the Cinco Estrellas vein at the Pinos project in Zacatecas. Highlighted true width (tw) intervals comprise: 2.0 m @ 4.2 gpt Au, 92 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.1 gpt Au, 45 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.3 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag; 2.5 m @ 3.7 gpt Au, 62 gpt Ag; 2.9 m @ 3.4 gpt Au, 29 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 6.0 gpt Au, 16 gpt Ag (including 0.4 m @ 12 gpt Au, 21 gpt Ag); 0.7 m @ 3.0 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 3.3 gpt Au, 54 gpt Ag; 1.3 m @ 6.7 gpt Au, 51 gpt Ag (including 0.5 m @ 15.5 gpt Au, 110 gpt Ag); 0.9 m @ 3.1 gpt Au, 91 gpt Ag; 1.1 m @ 4.3 gpt Au, 15 gpt Ag. The weighted true width average is 1.5 m.
- Orla Mining Ltd. is to initiate open pit operations in June of 2021 on its Camino Rojo property in Zacatecas, according from Camimex sources. The company has already started to work with three local communities inhabited by more than 1,200 persons.
- Industrias Mineras Peñoles, along with communal farmers (Ejido), the Naica Community in Chihuahua, the municipality authorities and the Subsecretary of Mining are in talks for the reactivation of the Naica mine. Along the agreements is the investment of US$8 M on exploration, and the support of the Subsecretary of Mining for the authorization of the use of the mine waters for agricultural use, and the evaluation of subsidies for the conditioning of irrigation channels. The company offered to provide the equipment and its maintenance, with the ejido taking care of the electricity bills.
- Peña Colorada commissioned the “Planta de Pastas” on the Centro Industrial Paticajo, in Minatitlan, Colima. The more than 850 M pesos investment (~US$45 M) plant is technologically innovative and conductive to sustainable production.
- Discovery Metals Corp. begun re-logging of the geology of the 132,000 m of historic drill core at Cordero, Chihuahua, with an actual advance of 50% to date. In September a rig was mobilized, and second one early in November, completing 3,600 m in 11 holes, of the 30,000 to 35,000 m to be completed before the end of 2021. A 5,100 line—km airborne magnetic and electromagnetic survey began in early November, to cover the 35,000 ha property, to define new targets based on the signature of the current resource area.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. informed a settlement agreement has been signed with Maverix Metals Inc. regarding disputed royalty payments at the company’s Florida Canyon mine (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Azure Minerals Ltd. overturned an historical cancellation of the Sara Alicia II mining concession that adjoins its Sara Alicia property in Sonora, completing the acquisition of the property. This event increases the area held by the company in the area from 9 to 49 hectares. The acquisition was closed with the payment of $80 K to the owners of the concession. The mineralization previously intersected by Azure is related to strong magnetic high, same that continues for more than 300 m into the Sara Alicia II concession.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. signed the agreement to acquire the Pilar project in Sonora, from Colibri Resource Corp.. Tocvan has advanced the first year’s cash payment of $125 K and issued 2 M shares. Tocvan must complete a $2 M of exploration in the property over five years and pay Colibri $275 K over five years in installments of $50 K, $75 K, $75 K, and $75 K on the second, third, fourth and fifth anniversary of the signing, to obtain 51% of interest in the property. To acquire the remaining 49% interest, an additional payment of $2 M must be done to Colibri within 6 months of the fifth anniversary.
- Tamino Minerals Inc. signed a letter of intention (LOI) on the potential acquisition of the Ofelia project in Sonora. The 19 hectares claim has rock chip samples returning over 1 Oz Au per ton.
- Discovery Metals Corp. released financial and operating results for the third quarter 2019. During the period the company acquired all shares from Levon (Cordero, Chihuahua)
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- The sub-secretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga threw the first ball on the Mining Baseball League (recently created to strengthen ties in the mining industry) in the game between the Nacozari (Grupo Mexico) and Caborca (Fresnillo) teams. Grupo Mexico has 16 teams in nine States within the Mining League.
- The 5th Caborca Health Fair, sponsored by Penmont and the UNAM Foundation, was held on the nearby El Coyote Ejido (community). More than 3,600 specialized services like medical treatments and revisions, with the majority having dental checks and 600 sight checks. The Universidad de Sonora realized 297 blood tests, the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS) applied 500 influenza shots and the Secretaría de Salud provided more than five thousand services in 12 service modules, among which were general consultations, reproductive health, prostate, breast and cervical cancer detection.
- The Peña Colorada mine delivered to the authorities in Cuautitlan de García Barragán in Jalisco, one kilometer of cobble stone road between the Ayotitlan and Las Marías communities, as well as a vehicle to the Municipality DIF (Integral Family Development System). The company is also to provide funds for the development of a water well to service the Cerro Prieto, La Astilla and Las Pesadas communities.
- Orla Mining Ltd. is working with three communities in the state of Zacatecas, well ahead of its intended start of production on its Camino Rojo property. Among the social responsibility practices by the company is the construction of a building for children of pre-school age, support on water well equipment, and educative programs linked with the “Instituto Zacatecano de Educación para los Adultos” and Summer courses.
- Casa Grande, in Nacozari, Sonora, is the venue for the “Minerals, the skin our Earth” exhibition sponsored by Grupo Mexico. The company has 16 “Casa Grande” community centers in 11 States, where workshops take place, along with artistic and cultural activities.
- Ternium’s Health Fair was held in Colima, providing pediatric, geriatric and gynecology medical and optometry services to the population, in coordination with the Health Secretariat of Colima and the local Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS).
- Industrias Mineras Peñoles. is conducting, in alliance with Fundación UNAM, a Health Journey (Jornada de Salud) in Teleolapan, at the Centro de Salud of Tehuixtla, in Guerrero, near its Capela project.
- Renewable Energy has a positive influence in the Mining Sector. According to Fitch Solutions, mining companies are aware of the decrement of production costs in renewable energy. Some of the most common energy technologies applied by the sector include wind, solar, bio-diesel, geotermic, hydroelectricity and hydrogen. Currently, 1 GW of renewable energy is generated at mine sites worldwide, and another 1 GW is under construction.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: K-Feldspar alteration in metamorphic rocks, from a project in Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 42nd week of the year (October 14th to October 20th, 2019), at least 29 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Congress dominated by Morena approved a bill dramatically changing the rules od operation of the Mining Fund for 2020 . ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Magna Gold released drilling results for its Mercedes project, and announced new exploration targets. In Sinaloa, Oroco Resource commenced work at the Santo Tomas project. In Durango, Gainey Capital commenced drilling at Las Margaritas. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals discovered another mineralized center at El Cobre. ON MINING, Sierra Metals, Fortuna Silver, Avino Silver, Gold Resource and McEwen Mining released third quarter 2019 production results. Argonaut Gold reported an accident that resulted in the death of two contractor’s employees at La Colorada, in Sonora. ON FINANCING, Kootenay Silver closed a $2 M private placement. Gainey Capital granted options to directors, officers, employees and consultants. Candelaria Mining discontinued a private placement due to unfavorable market conditions. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest Metals reported development mining sampling has returned less tonnage but more AgEq ounces at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Azure minerals is planning a two-stage drill program at the Loma Bonita gold target of its Alacran property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Tamino Minerals elaborated on the company’s history and incoming work at its El Volcan project in Sonora. Bacanora Lithium presented the current situation of Ganfeng’s investment on the company. Megastar Development entered into an option agreement regarding the Cerro Minas concession in Oaxaca. Riverside Resources released information on its BHP financing agreement for generative copper exploration in NW Sonora. Golden Minerals entered into an option agreement with Magellan Gold to sell its interest in the Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. The Grupo Mexico Foundation donates 175 K trees in Queretaro. Ternium granted scholarships to 145 students. Esperanza Silver presented a sustainable project in Morelos.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Camara de Diputados (Deputies Chamber, or Congress) approved legal reforms concerning the use of the Mining Fund. The changes were approved only by the Morena party and allied members, taking away the planning and overseeing of funds (generated by a special tax on mining) from local mining municipalities, enforcing what is seen as federal discretional use.
- Gainey Capital Corp. commenced a diamond drilling campaign at the Las Margaritas project in Durango. This initial phase comprises 1,080 m of drilling in 11 holes focused on the best mineralization exposed at the surface, where sampling has returned up to 73.7 gpt Au.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. Announced the discovery of another mineralized center at its El Cobre project in Veracruz. Two holes tested the El Primo target area, defined by a gold, copper and molybdenum soil anomaly. Relevant intervals comprise 5.25 m @ 0.60 gpt Au, 0.26% Cu and 8.45 m @ 0.20 gpt Au, 0.29% Cu in one hole and 200 m @ 0.40 gpt Au, 0.24% Cu in another hole, including 86.50 m @ 0.70 gpt Au, 0.42% Cu; which includes 55.60 m @ 0.94 gpt Au, 0.56% Cu; which includes 10 m @ 1.44 gpt Au, 0.85% Cu. This target is at least a kilometer away from other already identified mineralized centers within the property.
- Oroco Resource Corp. commenced technical field work, initial environmental baseline studies and permitting at its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. This work is to be followed by a 3D induced polarization geophysical survey and the first phase of confirmation diamond drilling. The company holds an option to acquire a 56.7% interest in the 1,173 ha core concessions of the project, and might increase that interest up to an 81.0% interest with a project investment of up to CAD$30 M. Oroco also holds a 77.5% interest in 7,808 ha surrounding and adjacent to the core concessions.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. informed on an accident involving a contractor that resulted in death by electrocution of two individuals while performing maintenance work on a haul truck at La Colorada mine in Sonora. Operations were suspended on October 11 and resumed on October 12, 2019.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported third quarter 2019 production, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Bolivar in Chihuahua, 331.8 K tonnes were processed at a 3,792 tonnes per day rate (tpd) @ 0.86% Cu, 20.5 gpt Ag, 0.31 gpt Au, recovering 81.3% Cu, 79.0% Ag, 62.3% Au to produce 5.115 M Lb Cu, 173 K Oz Ag, 2,173 Oz Au. At Cusi, also in Chihuahua, 70.4 K tonnes were processed at an 805 tpd rate @ 141.5 gpt Ag, 0.15 gpt Au, 0.14% Pb, recovering 84.6% Ag, 39.6% Au, 78.3% Pb to produce 271 K Oz Ag, 135 Oz Au, 168 K Lb Pb.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. disclosed production results for the third quarter 2019, including figures from its Mexico operations. At San Jose in Oaxaca, 268 K tonnes were milled @ 219 gpt Ag, 1.40 gpt Au, recovering 82.4% Ag, 90.6% Au, to produce 1.71 M Oz Ag, 10,942 Oz Au, at a cash cost per ton of US$70.80.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. released third quarter 2019 production results from its Avino property in Durango. Consolidated figures comprise 202.7 K tonnes processed @ 44 gpt Ag, 0.33 gpt Au, 0.33% Cu, recovering 76% Ag, 67% Au, 68% Cu to produce 221.9 K Oz Ag, 1,448 Oz Au, 1.38 M Lb Cu. At the Avino mine 122.2 K tonnes were processed @ 41 gpt Ag, 0.31 gpt Au, 0.58% Cu to produce 139.4 K Oz Ag, 900 Oz Au, 1.3 M Lb Cu; 17.8 K tonnes were processed from the San Gonzalo mine stockpiles (the mine is now closed) @ 56 gpt Ag, 0.41 gpt Au to produce 29.6 K Oz Ag, 194 Oz Au; From historic above ground stockpiles 62.6 K tonnes were processed @ 47 gpt Ag, 0.33 gpt Au, 0.33% Cu to produce 232.1 K OZ Ag, 1,528 Oz Au, 311 K Lb Cu.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported preliminary production for the third quarter 2019, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At the company’s Oaxaca Mining Unit, a total of 7,462 Oz Au, 473.8 K Oz Ag, 492 tonnes of copper, 2,459 tonnes of lead and 6,057 tonnes of zinc were produced.
- McEwen Mining Inc. released production details for the third quarter 2019, including figures from its Mexican operations. At its El Gallo property in Sinaloa, 3,018 Oz Au were produced by residual leaching of the heap leach pad.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. closed its non-brokered private placement of $2 M that was fully subscribed by Ninepoint Silver Equities Class with Sprott Asset Management LP acting as sub-advisor. (Columba, Chihuahua).
- Candelaria Mining Corp. announced that a private placement previously announced has been discontinued due to unfavorable market conditions. The company intends to conduct an offering on a non-brokered private placement basis for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $700 K. Closing of the new private placement is expected to be on November 30, 2019 (Caballo Blanco, Veracruz).
- Gainey Capital Corp. granted 1.5 M incentive stock options to its directors, officers employees and consultants (Las Margaritas, Durango).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. informed development work has intersected better grades than those in the resources estimate for the Babicanora vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Underground mining along 180 m of the Babicanora vein (20% of the mineralized length on area 51) reported 33% less tonnes, but 65.7% more AgEq ounces for the interval. In total 4,170 tonnes were extracted @ 15.18 gpt Au and 1,071 gpt Ag (2,209 gpt AgEq), while the resource estimate in this zone graded 4.48 gpt Au and 556 gpt Ag (892 gpt AgEq). Underground sampling returned up to 2.8 m @ 94.52 gpt Au, 8,320 gpt Ag (15,409 gpt AgEq). SilverCrest plans to have a stockpile of 25-30 K tonnes of high-grade material containing 800 K to 1 M Oz AgEq, extracted by development work to the end of 2019.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. is planning a two-stage drill program on resource expansion at Loma Bonita, within the Alacrán project in Sonora. High-grade intersections on the resource boundary, like 47 m @ 2.8 gpt Au, 33 gpt Ag and 67 m @ 1.6 gpt Au, 21 gpt Ag (both from surface) favor the continuity of the ore body. First pass sampling of historical workings south of Cerro Alacrán returned up to 3,675 gpt Ag, 21.1 gpt Au, 2.3% Cu, 33.5% Pb, 21.0% Zn. Applications for environmental approval have been submitted.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Tamino Minerals Inc. elaborated into the long and convolute company history and financing (El Volcan, Sonora).
- Bacanora Lithium PLC. Announced the completion of the “Invested Agreement and Offtake Agreement” which together make the “Strategic Investment” of Ganfeng Lithium Co.. The relevant approvals have been completed and Bacanora has now received £21.96 M of funds from Ganfeng, for a 29.99% equity interest in Bacanora Lithium PLC and a 22.5% JV investment directly in the Sonora Lithium Project. The vice-president of Wangfeng was appointed a director of Bacanora. “The Bacanora project team in Mexico continues to progress the final design work for the mine, concentrator and kiln sections of the processing plant. The Ganfeng technical team has initiated work on the hydrometallurgical circuit…”
- Tamino Minerals Inc. informed it is going to present a NI 43-101 report on its El Volcan property in Sonora once a registration statement is filed to the SEC and the company becomes fully reporting.
- Megastar Development Corp. has entered into an option agreement with Gunpoint Exploration Ltd. to acquire 100% interest in the 899 ha Cerro Minas mining concession (title (234333) in Oaxaca. The agreement entails the payment of US$10 K and 100 K Megastar shares on the effective date, US$20 K and 150 K shares on the first anniversary, US$30 K and 250 shares on the second anniversary and US$40 K and 300 K shares on the third anniversary, with Gunpoint retaining a 1.5% NSR royalty, of which 0.5% can be bought by US$1.0 M.
- Riverside Resources Inc. informed that the first two to three quarters of the exploration financing agreement with BHP for generative copper exploration in NW Sonora will be centered on regional prospect generation. The program envisages a minimum two-year US$2 M budget, and upon advancing projects to the operation phase (Phase II), BHP has the option to fund up to US$5 M for drilling and other exploration expenditures. Riverside is to receive US$200 K by project that makes it to the second phase.
- Golden Minerals Co. entered into an option agreement with Magellan Gold Corp. to sell its rights to acquire a 100% interest in the Santa Maria project, in Chihuahua. Magellan has a 150 days due diligence period to decide whether to execute the option, on which it has to pay $1 M cash, with Golden Minerals retaining a 6.5% royalty until a total of $3 M has been paid as royalty, with Golden retaining a 3% NSR royalty for the life of the mine. If Magellan fails to get the mine to production within one year from closing the deal, Golden will get back the property.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- The Grupo Mexico Foundation donates 175 plants and trees in Queretaro. Grupo Mexico is aiding to reach the goal of planting 250 thousand trees in the Queretaro municipality. Grupo Mexico is the number one producer of tree saplings in the country.
- Ternium delivers scholarships and supports education in a mining zone. The Roberto Rocca Education Program and the Universidad de Colima granted this year scholarships to 145 students from universities in Mexico City, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Veracruz, Puebla, Colima and Michoacan. Since its inception in 2006, the Roberto Rocca Education Program has granted 3,000 scholarships.
- Esperanza Silver (Alamos Gold) presented a sustainable project for the Esperanza project in Morelos. The project involves the company’s involvement in the remediation of a nearby community landfill, and the collaborative support on the Lagunas de Zempoala, the national park Tepozteco, the biological corridor Ajusco-Chichinautzin as well as the state parks El Texcal, Sierra Montenegro and the biosphere reserve Sierra de Huautla.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Gneiss hosted quartz-feldspar veinlet from a project in Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. (ASM: TSX/NYSE American/GV6: FSE; “Avino” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the results from a sampling campaign comprising 52 recent and historic holes that were previously drilled in the hanging-wall of the Avino vein stockwork system located on the Avino property. The relogging and sampling by the mine geology team of intervals previously regarded as not of economic interest has revealed extensive Hanging-wall Breccia (“HWB”) material with significant and consistent metal grades and wide vein widths.
Core from the Sirio project was displayed at PDAC 2019 in Toronto. This is a poprhyry copper style system drilled by ProDeMin.
Vancouver B.C. – March 19, 2019: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce final drill results at the Cerro Cascaron gold and silver project in southwestern Chihuahua, Mexico. Evrim and exploration partner, Harvest Gold Corporation (“Harvest Gold”), have completed a total of ten diamond drill holes at Serpiente Dorada, San Pedro and Cascarita for a total of 2,255 metres. The assay results included in this release follow up on the announcement made in February 14, 2019.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 4th week of the year (January 21st to January 27th, 2019), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX expressed it is in contact with diverse actors of the public administration to consolidate the international competitivity of the mining industry. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Radius Gold staked the 9,600 ha. Rambler project, covering a 9 km trend of epithermal mineralization. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver released interesting surface sample results from its Copalito project. In Durango, Orex is to perform a VTEM airborne survey on the San Luis Del Cordero property. In Hidalgo, Prospero Silver initiated drilling at the Pachuca SE project, with funding by Fortuna Silver. ON MINING, Pan American, Argonaut, Gold Resource, Fresnillo, Sierra Metals and Americas Silver presented Q4 and full year 2018 production results (by the way, anyone has heard from Frisco on this regard?). Endeavour presented its 2019 production guidance. ON FINANCING, Premier Gold signed a credit agreement with Investec Bank as administrative agent for the lenders for a US$50 M credit facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Endeavour updated its reserve and resource base, for a consolidated grand total of 132 M Oz Ag, 1.042 M Oz Au. Premier Gold presented high-grade intercepts from drilling at Mercedes, Sonora, where over 40,000 m of drilling were completed in 2018. Leagold is to produce 200-220 K Oz Au in 2019 at Los Filos, Guerrero. Azure Minerals presented a favorable scoping study for its Oposura project in Sonora. Impact Silver is defining extensions on veins at its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. Excellon released high-grade results from surface exploration at its Platosa mine in Durango. Capstone filed on Sedar a technical report for Cozamin, Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Prospero Silver announced the signature of the option agreement with Fortuna Silver on the Pachuca SE project.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- CAMIMEX (Cámara Minera de México), in a response to El Financiero, expressed that any modification to the mining regulations has to take into account the wellbeing of the communities and its environment. The organization, of which leading companies like Peñoles, Grupo México and Minera Frisco are members, considers mining is one of the most supervised sectors in the country, with a modern and robust regulatory frame, following international standards, although areas of opportunity can always be identified. “We have approached diverse authorities on the public administration and found openness to solve any pending issues and consolidate the international competitivity that benefits the country development”.
- Orex Minerals Inc. contracted Geotech Ltd. To perform a VTEM (Versatile Time Domain Electromagnetic) airborne survey over its San Luis del Cordero project in Durango. Old mine workings and mineralized showings wrap around a Tertiary quartz-feldspar-porphyry intrusive. The helicopter-borne survey, with accompanying horizontal gradiometer and radiometric surveys, is to identify discrete conductive anomalies, as well as mapping lateral and vertical variations in resistivity. The airborne survey will be conducted over a grid at 100 m line-spacing for approximately 275 line-km, with measurements every 2-3 m along survey lines.
- Prospero Silver Corp. has started phase 2 drilling at its Pachuca Se project in Hidalgo. Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. has an option to acquire up to a 70% interest in the 6,699 hectares project (24 km SE from Pachuca) by spending a total of US$8 M and completing a preliminary economic assessment (PEA), spending more than US$1 M in the first year. A six-hole, 4,200 m program started to test a number of potential drill targets. In a Fortuna funded program in early 2018, 1,800 m of drilling tested three distinct targets, intercepting what is interpreted to be the upper parts of a mineralized epithermal system.
- Radius Gold Inc. staked a 9,600 ha property called the Rambler project, in Chihuahua, some 20 km NW from Radius’s Amalia project. Regional prospecting discovered epithermal mineralization in veins, vein breccias and disseminated zones over a 9 km trend, where samples with up to 16.5 gpt Au, 2,030 gpt Ag, 3.8% Cu, 13.9% Zn, 3.4% Pb were collected. Saucito is the main target area, where a 500 x 70 m stockwork returned an average of 177 gpt Ag on 31 samples. Other target areas with interesting rock chip sample results include La Machomera (up to 7.3 gpt Au, 469 gpt Ag), La India (up to 10.3 gpt Au, 16 gpt Ag), El Gringo (4.8 gpt Au, 3.8% Cu).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released results from surface sampling and mapping at the Copalito Ag-Au project in Sinaloa, same that covers an epithermal system with numerous veins 0.5-15 m in width and up to 2 km in strike length. Sampling Highlights include 7.2 Gpt Au, 3,770 gpt Ag at the 5 Señores and Agua veins respectively; 8.2 gpt Au, 583 gpt Ag across 1.1 m on the 5 Señores vein; 401 gpt Ag across 5.3 m on 5 Señores vein; 532 gpt Ag over 3.0 m and 306 gpt Ag over 4.9 m across the Agua vein; 17.4% Zn, 9.9% Pb, 0.52 gpt Au, 76 gpt Ag on a grab sample at Pillar vein and 5.1%, 1.6% and 1.5 Cu along the Cobriza vein. Of 117 rock samples collected, 29 returned silver grades over 90 gpt, including 11 over 300 gpt and 6 over 500 gpt.
- Pan American Silver Corp. announced preliminary operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2018, including information from its operations in Mexico. At La Colorada in Zacatecas, 7.6 M Oz Ag, 4,400 Oz Au were produced during the year, at cash cost $2.02 per Ag Oz, whereas at Dolores in Chihuahua, 4.1 M Oz Ag and 136,600 Oz Au were produced at cash cost ($1.87) per Ag Oz. Pan American is planning to sustain 2,000 tonnes per day (tpd) throughput at La Colorada during 2019, and continue to explore and define the potential of the “significant skarn deposit discovered in 2018”. At Dolores the company plans to ramp-up underground production rates to 1,500 tpd and sustain the 20 K tpd throughput rate to the heap leach from the pit.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. informed on Q4 production and yearly results for 2018, including numbers from its Mexican operations. At El Castillo Complex, in Durango, 37,977 GEOs (Gold equivalent ounces) were produced during the quarter, 18,984 from El Castillo mine and 18,993 from the San Agustin mine. At La Colorada, in Sonora, 13,681 Oz Au were produced during the same period. For the year, El Castillo Complex produced 117,126 GEOs and La Colorada 47,991 GEOs. Argonaut plans to invest $50-$60 M in capital expenditures during 2019, with $15 M allocated to the expansion of crushing and leaching facilities at San Agustin to increase the rate of production from 20K tpd to 30 K tpd.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported 2018 year-end and fourth quarter production results from their El Aguila mining operations in Oaxaca. During the year Gold Resource produced 26,838 Oz Au, 1.67 M Oz Ag, 1,652 tonnes Cu, 7,280 tonnes Pb and 19,808 tonnes Zn. During the fourth quarter 7,974 Oz Au and 330.6 K Oz Ag were produced.
- Fresnillo PLC. released 4Q and full year 2018 results, with a consolidated production of 61.8 M Oz Ag and 923 K Oz Au for the year and 15.5 M Oz Ag, 232 K Oz Au for the quarter. Lead (53,181 tonnes) and Zinc (88,520 tonnes) production amounted to 19.9 M Oz AgEq. “The cumulative drilling for the year at our operating mines and exploration projects was 579,000 and 346,000 metres respectively. Resources and reserves (in the case of the operating mines) are presently in audit by SRK and the results of which will be disclosed in the first quarter of 2019 with our Preliminary results. Resources were increased at the Guanajuato and San Juan projects, while mapping identified new targets at the Fresnillo and Herradura districts, and a geophysical survey detected areas for follow up in the San Julián district. Further to this, and for the first time in the Company’s history, drilling began in Chile. Exploration teams are working out of the Hermosillo, Chihuahua, Zacatecas, Toluca, Lima-Peru and Santiago de Chile offices in selected areas of favorable silver-gold belts in Mexico, Peru, Chile and Argentina”. (Note from editor: the mining community is waiting for Frisco to produce reports like this one).
- Endeavour Silver Corp. announced its consolidated silver and gold production guidance for 2019, to be 4.4-5.2 M Oz Ag, 46.2-52.2 K Oz Au, or 8.1-9.4 M Oz AgEq. “Cash costs, net of gold by-product credits, are expected to be $8.50-$9.50 per oz of silver produced in 2019. Consolidated cash costs on a co-product basis are anticipated to be $11.50-$12.50 per oz silver and $900-$1,000 per oz gold”. The final dumps and tailings permit at Terronera is needed to make a development decision. The company plans to drill 24,500 m during 2019 in Guanaceví, Bolañitos, El Cubo, El Compas, Terronera, Parral and Guadalupe y Calvo.
- Sierra Metals Inc. Disclosed Q4 and full year 2018 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. The Bolivar mine in Chihuahua processed (at 2,948 tonnes per day, or tpd) in the year 1 M tonnes of ore @ 0.95% Cu, 18 gpt Ag, 0.17 gpt Au, with recoveries of 79.9% Cu, 77.1% Ag, 68.5% Au, to produce 17.23 M Lb Cu, 452 K Oz Ag, 3,968 Oz Au. For the quarter, 272.6 K tonnes were processed (3,116 tpd) @ 0.94% Cu, 15 gpt Ag, 0.15 gpt Au, to produce 4.23 M Lb Cu, 128 K Oz Ag, 1,163 Oz Au. At Cusi, also in Chihuahua, 186.9 K tonnes were processed (534 tpd) during the year at a grade of 140 gpt Ag, 0.16 gpt Au, 0.36% Pb, 0.40% Zn, recovering 83.1% Ag, 39.1% Au, 79.9% Pb, 4.3% Zn, to produce 700 K Oz Ag, 372 Oz Au, 1.19 M Lb Pb, 937 K Lb Zn. During the last quarter Cusi processed 58.3 K tonnes (666 tpd) @ 111 gpt Ag, 0.16 gpt Au, 0.41% Pb, 0.49% Zn, to produce 171 K Oz Ag, 124 Oz Au, 421 K Lb Pb, no Zn.
- Americas Silver Corp. announced production and operating results for 2018, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Cosalá, in Sinaloa, 544.5 K tonnes were milled @ 47 gpt Ag, to produce 448.1 K Oz Ag, 34.22 M Lb Pb, 12.86 M Lb Zn, or 4.16 M Oz AgEq at cash cost ($37.95) and AISC ($19.69).
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. Announced the signing of a definitive credit agreement with Investec Bank PLC, as administrative agent for the lenders of a US$50 M secured term credit facility. Premier also announced financing arrangements with OMF Fund II SO Ltd. and Orion Mine Finance Fund II LP for aggregate gross proceeds of US$18.2 M. (Mercedes, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. updated its reserve and resource base for its mines and projects for 2018. Consolidated reserves and resources, including inferred resources for its seven units comprise 132 M Oz Ag and 1.042 M Oz Au, as displayed on the following table:
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. provided an update on its exploration programs, including information from its Mexican operations. At Mercedes in Sonora, positive exploration results include 18.3 m @ 38.3 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag on the Aida vein, and 22.0 m @ 36.6 gpt Au, 171 gpt Ag at Rey de Oro. During the past year 280 brownfield and greenfield holes were completed representing 40,720 m of drilling.
- Leagold Mining Corp. announced its intention to produce 200 K to 220 K Oz Au during 2019, at an AISC of $925 to $925-975 at Los Filos, in Guerrero. The proven and probable reserves at the property stand at 111.33 M tonnes @ 1.22 gpt Au, containing 4.363 M Oz Au, and 114 K Oz Au on the leach pad inventory.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. Presented its quarterly report for the period ended on December 2018. The company highlighted the Scoping Study for the Oposura project in Sonora, with an EBITDA of A$237 M, pre-tax NPV of A$112 M, pre-tax IRR of 76%, average life of mine cash cost US$0.42 per Zn Lb and a pre-production CAPEX of A$69.9 M. At the Alacrán project in Sonora, Teck completed its Phase 2 drilling program comprising 10.537 m in 21 holes, with focus on testing porphyry copper potential at Cerro Alacrán, with assays pending. At Oso Negro, also in Sonora, sampling returned more high-grade mineralization, with the best sample returning 15.5 gpt Au, 1,935 gpt Ag, 5.9% Zn, 4.6% Pb. At Sara Alicia, also in Sonora, the company has been showing the property to potential partners or buyers.
- Impact Silver Corp. hired a consultant to define extensions to the vein systems on its Zacaualpan property in Estado de Mexico. Work to date has defined on strike extensions to the San Ramon silver vein system through geological work and soil sampling, and better characterizing the potential for bulk mineable ore in the Santa Teresa area.
- Excellon Resources Inc. released high-grade results from ongoing surface exploration at its Platosa mine in Durango. Highlighted intervals comprise 0.9 m @ 283 gpt Ag, 9.8% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 5.6 m @ 383 gpt Ag, 8.0% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 2.5 m @ 406 gpt Ag, 3.7% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 0.6 m @ 2,060 gpt Ag, 7.8% Pb, 9.1% Zn; 5.0 m @ 0.28 gpt Au, 968 gpt Ag, 9.4% Pb, 20.2% Zn; 4.8 m @ 1,127 gpt Ag, 8.4% Pb, 10.5% Zn.
- Capstone Mining Corp. filed on SEDAR a NI-43-101 compliant report titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Cozamin Mine, Zacatecas, Mexico”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Prospero Silver Corp. announced the signature of the previously disclosed option agreement with Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. on the Pachuca SE project. “On December 10, 2018 Prospero announced that Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (“Fortuna”) exercised its right to be granted an option to acquire up to a 70-per-cent interest in the Pachuca Southeast project located close to the historic mining city of Pachuca in Hidalgo state, Mexico, by spending a total of $8-million (U.S.) in qualifying expenditures and completing a preliminary economic assessment, with a minimum spend of $1-million in the first year” (Pachuca SE, Hidalgo).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, monzonite porphyry dike intrusive contact with andesitic tuff -note the flow banding- on a project in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Advance Gold Corp. (TSXV: AAX) (“Advance Gold” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the completion of Phase 1 drilling, and the important discovery of high-grade gold at the Tabasquena Silver mine, near Ojocaliente, Mexico, including a 1.7 metre intersection, with a grade of 9.46 g/t gold, from the Tabasquena vein. This intersection was silver and gold mineralized over 10.15 metres, and included a highlight intersection that returned 0.55 metre of 12.65 g/t gold.
Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. (ASM: TSX/NYSE American/GV6: FSE; “Avino” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce further drill results from its planned programs on the El Chirumbo area of the Avino vein system, as well as the Guadalupe area near the San Gonzalo Mine. Both of these areas are located on the Avino property, situated 80 kilometres northeast of Durango, Mexico. The objective of this drill program, which commenced in August, 2017, was to explore targets outside of the current active mining areas in order to assess their potential. The initial results were released on February 6, 2018, and can be viewed on the Avino website or under the Company’s profile on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and were also filed with the SEC on Form 6-K.