• Oposura mineral resource drill-out completed with 157 holes totalling 10,112m, with assay results received for 130 holes
• Original drill program expanded by an additional 40 drill holes (3,000m) to enlarge
resource area and increase drill hole density
• Good height and grade continuity of horizontal mineralisation confirmed – favourable
for initial extraction by open pit followed by room and pillar underground mining
• Initial mineral resource estimate expected in June 2018
• Positive metallurgy significantly reduces processing and marketing risk:
Zinc recovery of 85.6% achieved producing a 57.2% zinc concentrate grade
Lead recovery of 84.0% achieved producing a 61.4% lead concentrate grade
Full elemental assays confirm clean concentrates
• Scoping Study / Preliminary Economic Assessment progressing well and on track
On the picture above, Very strong silicification and minor alunite on a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 16th week of the year (April 16th to April 22nd, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, of which two had information on exploration, five on first quarter production, three in financing, two on resources and development and seven in corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Jalisco, Evrim released impressive high-grade results from trenching at Cuale. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold released high grade samples from veins at Las Minas. ON MINING, McEwen, Fortuna Silver, Avino Silver, Telson and Excellon presented Q1 2018 production reports. ON FINANCING, Prospero Silver and Aura Silver respectively announced the opening and closing of financing rounds, while Excellon announced the exercise of warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest released drill results from the Luigi vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Levon Resources filed a PEA report with a new resource estimate on the Cordero project in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Monarca Minerals continues work to solve community issues in Tejamen, Durango. Geologix Explorations Inc. is to change name to ValOro Resources Inc.. Advance Gold acquired the Venaditas property in Zacatecas. Argonaut Gold informed on the legal struggle that halted the explosives permit use on its La Colorada mine in Sonora. Goldplay Exploration optioned the San Marcial property in Sinaloa. Vangold Mining and Mexican Gold granted options to officers, directors and consultants.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced results from trench sampling at its Cuale project in Jalisco. Trench 4 grades 13.61 g/t Au over 106.2 m, including 50.0 m grading 26.13 g/t Au, including 7.5 m @ 163.3 g/t Au. Trench 2 grades 2.94 g/t Au over 29.4 m, including 17.9 m @ 4.55 g/t Au. Gold results over 10 g/t have been re-assayed. “Metallic screen assays reported acceptable repeatability with excellent repeatability at the highest gold grades”. A second IP line defines a 1,200 m long by 50 to 120 m deep highly resistive ledge associated with strong silicification and minor anomalous gold at the surface.
- Mexican Gold Corp. released initial sampling results from four veins on its Pueblo Nuevo concession, part of its Las Minas property in Veracruz. The veins are hosted in diorites with argillic alteration, occur as mesothermal quartz veins, 20 to 50 cm in width with sub-vertical dips and lack post-minerals deformation. The Tamiahua I vein assayed 90.82 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag over 0.40 m, with the footwall and hanging wall returning 0.52 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag over 1.0 m and 0.72 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag over 0.80 m respectively. Nine samples at the Tamiahua II returned 2.05 to 22.82 g/t Au and 5 to 37 g/t Ag on an average width of 0.27 m (up to 0.50 m). At the Cajon vein a grab sample returned 32.2 g/t Au, 231 g/t Ag; while a 0.20 m chip sample assayed 3.53 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag. At the Dos Rios vein, two 0.35 m and 0.18 m samples returned 3.86 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag; 8.25 g/t Au, 59 g/t Ag respectively, while a 1.0 m hanging wall channel sample returned 4.92 m g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported consolidated production for Q1 2018, which includes figures from its Mexican operations. At El Gallo in Sinaloa, 12,217 AuEq Oz were produced during the period. Mining from the existing open pits will cease in Q2, while heap leach activities will continue until 2020, or as long as it remains economic.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported first quarter 2018 production, including figures from its Mexican operations. At San Jose in Oaxaca, 258 K tonnes were milled, at an average rate of 3,011 tonnes per day (tpd) @ 284 g/t Ag, 0.2 g/t Au, and a recovery of 92.8% Ag, 92.3% Au, to produce 2.18 M Oz Ag, 14,882 Oz Au.
- Avino Silver & and Gold Mines Ltd. released first quarter 2018 production results from its Avino property in Durango. During the period 120.6 K tonnes were milled @ 56 g/t Ag, 0.58 g/t Au, 0.43% Cu, with recoveries of 81% Ag, 68% Au, 84% Cu, to produce 309.9 K Oz Ag, 2,065 Oz Au, 970 K Lb Cu.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented first quarter 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. During the period the mill processed 148.7 K tonnes (approximately 1,650 tpd) @ 3.65% Zn, 0.41% Cu, 0.90% Pb, 1.14 g/t Au, 108 g/t Ag, with recoveries of 70.4% Zn, 23.0% Cu, 37.9% Pb, 17.9% Au, 28.3% Ag in the elaboration of distinct Zn, Cu, Pb concentrates containing 3,824 tonnes Zn, 140.5 tonnes Cu, 508.7 tonnes Pb, 970.9 Oz Au, 146.8 K Oz Ag. Telson continues to ramp-up production to the 2,500 tpd plant capacity.
- Excellon Resources Inc. presented first quarter 2018 production results from the Platosa mine, Durango. During the period 13,784 tonnes were mined, 18,885 tonnes milled @ 359 g/t Ag, 3.79% Pb, 6.43% Zn, with recoveries of 87.3% Ag, 81.2% Pb, 83.8% Zn, to produce 194.5 K Oz Ag, 1.27 M Lb Pb, 2.25 M Lb Zn.
- Prospero Silver Corp. is to complete a non-brokered private placement intending to raise gross proceeds of up to $1 M (Petate, Hidalgo; Bermudez, Chihuahua).
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced that 3.33 M warrants were exercised, for proceeds of C$2.17 M (Platosa, Durango).
- Aura Silver Resources Inc. is undertaking a non brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $600 K (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released drill results from the Luigi vein on the Las Chispas property in Sonora. The vein was discovered in mid-2017 and referred only as unnamed vein until further drilling delineated a prospective target. Relevant results comprise: 0.8 m (true width, or TW) @ 1.03 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag; 4.1 m @ 1.71 g/t Au, 232 g/t Ag; 1.8 m @ 0.28 g/t Au, 221 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 13.22 g/t Au, 2,067 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 0.18 g/t Au, 172 g/t Ag; 1.6 m @ 3.41 g/t Au, 265 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.75 g/t Au; 231 g/t Ag. The Luigi vein high-grade footprint measures 300 m long by at least 75 m high, averaging 1.7 m in width @ 2.84 g/t Au, 417 g/t Ag. “The Phase III drill program also includes drilling several new and partially-drilled high-grade mineralized veins. An additional 15,000 to 20,000 metres of drilling are planned for Q3 2018”. The 672 ha Cuesta Blanca ranch was bought, with SilverCrest now owning two thirds of the surface rights on the Las Chispas property.
- Levon Resources Ltd. filed a NI-43-101 technical report with a resource update and preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the Cordero project in Chihuahua. The project envisages a 40 K tpd operation with a 29 year mine life on 417.5 M tonnes of mineralized material @ 46.5 g/t AgEq, to produce 231 M Oz Ag, 2,863 M Lb Zn, 1,992 M Lb Pb, 0.35 M Oz Au. The base case economic estimate is an after tax net present value of $438 M, using a 7.5% discount rate, and an after tax internal rate of return of 16.5%, with a payback period of 4.8 years.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Monarca Minerals Inc. presented a corporate update. At Tejamen, in Durango, 202 RC holes and 10 diamond holes have been re-logged to help in the design of a new drilling campaign. The company has involved the Federal, State and Municipal governments in its search of an agreement with the community regarding the surface rights. At San Jose, in Chihuahua, the LOI on the project was extended to July 2018. “Terms of the LOI call for payment of US$20,000 on execution of the LOI(paid), US$20,000 on execution of a definitive agreement, US$50,000 on the first anniversary of the definitive agreement and US$60,000 on the second anniversary of the definitive agreement. The owners retain a 2% NSR. One percent of the NSR can be purchased by Monarca for US$100,000. Back taxes on the property of US$390,000 will be paid over a period of time. Concession taxes per year are approximately US$46,000”.
- Geologix Explorations Inc. announced its intention to change its name to ValOro Resources Inc., subject to approval by the TSX-V, as well a 10 to 1 consolidation on shares (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp. announced the acquisition of the 2,365 ha Las Venaditas claim in Zacatecas, 11 km to the West of Advance’s Tabasqueña project, which is currently being drilled. “Upon receipt of regulatory approval, Advance will issue to Hot Spring Mining, a Mexican based corporation, 1,000,000 common shares which will be subject to a statutory four-month hold period, in exchange for which Hot Spring Mining will transfer a 100% interest in the Venaditas claims to Advance Mexico. Hot Spring Mining will retain a 2.5% NSR, of which Advance Mexico has the right to buy 1.5% at a rate of $500k CAD per 0.50%”. Advance will issue 800 K options to certain consultants and advisers.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. reported that the court has postponed “the hearing pertaining to Argonaut’s explosive permit at its La Colorada mine (see press release dated April 12, 2018) to allow the Secretary of National Defense (“SEDENA”) to provide evidence requested by the court regarding the temporary suspension of the explosives permit at Argonaut’s La Colorada mine. It is expected that a ruling will be issued within 15 business days of the original hearing date (April 16, 2018), as required by law.” (La Colorada, Sonora).
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. entered into an option agreement with SSR Mining Inc. to acquire a 100% interest in the 1,250 ha San Marcial project in Sinaloa. San Marcial is a low sulfidation epithermal near surface high grade Ag, Zn Pb project with a NI-43-101 resource completed by Silvermex Resources Inc., with opportunity for resource expansion. The indicated resource holds 3.75 M tonnes @ 149 g/t Ag, 0.67% Zn, 0.36% Pb, hosting 18.0 M Oz Ag, 29.9 M Lb Zn, 55.3 M Lb Pb; and 3.07 M tonnes @ 44 g/t Ag, 0.51% Zn, 0.29% Pb holding 4.4 M Oz Ag, 19.5 M Lb Zn, 34.7 M Lb Pb as inferred resources. Goldplay has to pay SSR Mining an aggregate of $2.575 M in cash, issue an aggregate of 3.5 M common shares, incur in $3 M in exploration expenditures over a three year period and grant a NSR royalty (0.5% to 1.5%, based on a resource estimate). A NI-43-101 resource estimate has to be completed on or before the third anniversary of the agreement.
- Vangold Mining Corp. granted an aggregate of 4.8 M stock options to directors, officers and consultants (Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Mexican Gold Corp. granted 174 K incentive stock options to directors and officers of the company.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce initial results from its current drill program on its La Cigarra silver project in Chihuahua, Mexico has successfully extended silver mineralization for 1000 meters to the northwest beyond the current 2.4-kilometer-long NI- 43-101 Resource envelope, along what is known as the La Borracha Zone. A total of seven broadly spaced holes were drilled across the La Borracha Zone with all seven holes hitting the mineralized structure, with the two highest grading holes being the two holes furthest from the resource. Six of the seven holes are reported herein with the seventh awaiting assay results.
TORONTO, ONTARIO – April 5, 2018 – Americas Silver Corporation (TSX: USA) (NYSE “American”: USAS) (“Americas Silver” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on exploration activities at its two operating properties, the 100%-owned Cosalá Operations in Sinaloa, Mexico and the 100%-owned Galena Complex in Wallace, Idaho. The Cosalá Operations includes the Zone 120 deposit, adjacent to the San Rafael Mine.
Azure Minerals Limited_220318
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (“Azure” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that
resource definition drilling of the Company’s flagship Oposura Project continues to deliver solid and very encouraging results. The initial mineral resource estimate is due in May and the release of the Scoping Study / Preliminary Economic Assessment is expected in Q3 2018.
Kootenay Silver Inc.(TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to provide an update on the Company’s ongoing drill program currently underway at the La Cigarra silver project (“La Cigarra”) located in Chihuahua State, Mexico.
Since drilling recommenced on the La Cigarra Project, six holes have been completed within the La Borracha Zone with all holes hitting the targeted mineralized zone.The mineralized zone intercepted at La Borracha is the extension of the structure, which hosts the La Cigarra resource, and drilling has now tested approximately 1000 meters of strike length beyond the resource. Logging and sampling of these holes is progressing well and results will be released once all assays have been received and interpreted by the Company.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 11th week of the year (March 12th to March 18th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven announcing exploration results, seven reporting deals and corporate issues, and two providing Q4 and annual 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure provided an update of exploration results at its Alacran project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals announced drill results from its La Kika project in Coahuila, Prize Mining reported sampling results at its manto Negro copper project, and Silver Bull presented drill results on its Sierra Mojada project. In Hidalgo, Prospero announced drill results at its Pachuca SE project. In Michoacan, Geologix presented 2017 exploration results from its Tepal project. In Guerrero, Alio reported drill results on its Ana Paula project. ON MINING, Impact reported Q4 and 2017 annual financial and production results at its Zacualpan Mine in Mexico State. Fortuna announced Q4 and 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Colibri closed a second tranche of a private placement for $135K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants on March 19, otherwise they will expire. Geologix granted incentive stock options to its personnel. Plata Latina announced debt restructuring. Primero reported shareholders voted in favour of the First Majestic transaction. Southern Silver announced initial analyst coverage report on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Rock Teck announced its intention to the vendors to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora. Orla Mining announced the appointment of its CFO.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Azure Minerals Limited, Azure announced that Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. has already logged and sampled all drill core from the eleven hole diamond drilling program completed in December 2017 at its Alacran project in Sonora. All samples were submitted to lab and results are expected to arrive next month. Teck also has informed Azure that it will be continuing its planned geological, geochemical and geophysics surveys in the first half of 2018, to be followed by more drilling in the second half of the year.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported 1st phase drill results at its la Kika project in Coahuila. Significant results were 1.1m of 10.4% Zn, including 16.7% Pb over 0.6m, 7m from surface, and 1.5m of 12.8% Zn, including 30.6% Pb over 0.4m, 7m from surface. A property-wide geochemical survey identified a 1.5km by 0.8km coincident Zn-Pb anomaly. This result opens the potential to the north of the property. Detail mapping, property-wide geophysics, and trenching work are currently underway. The company also announced that a mapping and sampling program is ongoing at its Monclova and Puerto Rico projects to generate drill targets.
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced sampling results at its manto Negro copper project in Coahuila. Highlights comprises 7m of 2.6% Cu & 212 g/t Ag, including 1.25m of 5.46% Cu and 404 g/t Ag at Pilar Grande mine, 0.3m of 5.5% Cu and 711 g/t Ag at level 4 of Pilar Grande Mine, and 0.25m of 45.5% Cu and >1.5K Ag at Los Ojitos. Other significant results are 1.85m of 3% Cu and 275 g/t Ag, including 0.65m of 4.44%Cu and 565 g/t Ag, and 1.35m of 1.73% Cu and 332 g/t Ag, including 0.3m of 4.9%Cu and 1,140 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., presented drill results of the final three drill holes collared in the newly discovered Sulphide Zone, which sits under the previously defined Oxide Zone at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlights include 10m @ 347 g/t Ag, 20.7% Zn, 1.25% Cu, and 1.35% Pb; 3m @ 303 g/t Ag, 20.1% Zn, 1.53% Cu, and 1.18% Pb; and 1m @ 127 g/t Ag, 21.1% Zn, 0.29% Cu, and 3.14% Pb. The recent drilling has extended the Oxide and Sulphide Zones to over 150m each along strike with high grade silver and copper to the north, and high grade silver, copper, and zinc to the south.
- Prospero Silver Corp., announced results of the 3 holes comprised in the initial drilling program at its Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. The intercepts were 1.35m of 227 g/t Ag, 12m of 0.39 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag (8-10m true thickness), and 0.75m of 6.4 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., presented results of the 2017 exploration program at its Tepal project in Michoacan. Company geologists developed a new structurally controlled exploration model for both property and regional scale and identified undrilled areas within and surrounding the three proposed PEA pits. They also discovered an unknown and untested high-sulphidation epithermal system underlying the Tepal property, which is now being prepared for drilling later this year.
- Alio Gold Inc, reported drill results at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. These holes were collared south of the proposed pit and on the southern edge of the alteration halo. Highlights include 19m of 6.45 g/t Au from 367m to 386m, and 55.70m of 1.3 g/t Au from 57.60m to 113.30m. IN addition, Alio has commenced a regional exploration work including an airborne magnetic survey targeting further breccia or skarn mineralization.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported Q4 and year-end 2017 production results at its mine in Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico. Impact milled 194,266 tonnes in 2017 to produce 907.8K Oz Ag with a mill grade of 172 g/t Ag from.
- Fortuna SilverMines Inc., announced Q4 and annual 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. On Q4, Fortuna milled 271.3K tonnes to produce 2M Oz Ag & 15K Oz Au, milling 1M tonnes during 2017 for a total annual production of 7.5M Oz Ag & 56K Oz Au.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, closed a second tranche of over-subscribed private placement for $135K. Total gross proceeds raised between the first and second tranche were $1,212,098.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants by March 19, 2018 before their expiration date (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
- Plata Latina Minerals Corporation, entered into a debt settlement agreement with the major shareholder of the company. The debt related to a promissory note of $CAD 250K, bearing interest at 10% per annum (Naranjillo, Guanajuato).
- Primero Mining Corp., reported shareholders voted in favour of the transaction with First Majestic. With the acquisition of Primero, First Majestic adds to its portfolio one of the largest and richest precious metals mine in Mexico (Tayoltita-San Dimas, Durango).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced initial analyst coverage report by Fundamental Research Corp., entitled “Significant resource expansion in Durango” (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Rock Teck Lithium Inc., announced to the vendors its intention to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., granted incentive stock options to its employees, directors, officers, and consultants (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its CFO (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, a moly-copper manto in a prospect in Coahuila State, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Following its very successful over-subscribed share placement and capital raising, Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (Azure or the Company) is pleased to advise that the Company has commenced its second diamond drilling campaign on its 100%-owned, highly prospective Sara Alicia gold and cobalt project in the northern Mexican state of Sonora (refer Figure 1).
The drilling will follow up on the Company’s very successful 2017 maiden drilling program, in which all six drill holes intersected high grades of gold and cobalt mineralisation at shallow depths (refer ASX announcements dated 27 November and 7 December 2018).
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA – March 5, 2018 – Oceanus Resources Corporation (TSXV:OCN and OTCQB:OCNSF) (“Oceanus” or the “Company”) announces that the regional mapping project carried out to the south of Gold Hill has demonstrated that the prospective El Tigre Formation continues along strike in a southeastern direction for an additional 5 kilometres. The Company also announces it has received an updated 3D model of the historical El Tigre Mine underground workings that incorporates assay data from 2,500 underground channel samples collected in the drifts, stopes and raises of the El Tigre, Sooy and Seitz Kelly veins.
Mexican Gold Corp. (the “Company” or “Mexican Gold”) (TSX-V: MEX / OTCQB: EXGF / FRA: 4QW1) is pleased to announce that recent drilling at the El Dorado Dike Contact Zone confirms the continuity of the high – grade mineralization outlined in the 2017 Phase 2 resource expansion drilling program.