During the 6th week of the year (6th to 12th February, 2017) at least 25 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including the completion or starting of financing rounds by seven companies. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Riverside presented drilling results from a porphyry copper target. In Zacatecas, Canasil presented results from the first hole of the present drilling campaign. Prospero Silver presented an exploration update of its properties in Chihuahua and Hidalgo. ON MINING, Marlin Gold released production figures for January, and US Antimony presented production estimates for 2016. ON FINANCING, Six companies reported the opening or closing of financing rounds for a consolidated total of $529 M. The large majority of this amount is by Alamos Gold, Leagold and Fortuna Silver. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Leagold filed a technical report, Coeur presented resources estimates to 2016, Consolidated Zinc and Alamden presented drilling results and Mexus Gold an update on mine development. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Excellon made a deal on concentrate sales, Plata Latina closed the deal on one of its Guanajuato properties and Colibri confirmed its shares are still suspended.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Silver Production. Six of the main silver producers anticipate a 15% increase of production on the metal for 2017 over 2016, from 88.6 to 102 M Oz Ag. The companies surveyed by Bnamericas include Fresnillo PLC, First Majestic Silver, Pan American Silver, Fortuna Silver, Coeur Mining and Endeavour Silver.
- Prospero Silver Corp. provided an update on recent exploration work on its projects. At Petate (Hidalgo) has secured surface access and drill permits for 27 drill sites, with JV negotiations underway. At Pachuca Southeast (Hidalgo) Prospero is to present permit applications for four drill sites, after being cleared by the INAH (Mexican archeology agency). At Bermudez (Chihuahua) additional mapping and sampling has been completed, assay results are pending for 51 samples that will aid in drill site selection. Prospero has been field reviewing several sites for the past three months, and has two projects advancing to the staking stage.
- Canasil Resources Inc. released results from its first drill hole on the current drilling campaign at its Esperanza project in Zacatecas. “This drill hole intersected an extended interval of banded quartz veins, veinlets and breccias hosted within fractured and brecciated volcanic rocks… ”. Results in this hole include true width (TW) intervals: 1.36 m @ 0.08 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, 2.0% Zn, 1.3% Pb; 1.67 m @ 0.11 g/t Au, 5 g/t Ag, 3.6% Zn, 0.5% Pb and 3.08 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 21 g/t Ag, 2.6% Zn, 0.8% Pb. “The La Esperanza vein system has now been traced by drilling to a depth of 375 metres below surface and over a strike length of 245 metres and remains open for further expansion.”
- Riverside Resources Inc. reported drill results with Antofagasta at Thor, Sonora. The four diamond holes totaled 1,335 m, with no Cu or Au intercepts over material widths; however,a large Laramide age porphyry style quartz-sericite-pyrite stockwork zone was encountered. The results of this program “justify additional exploration work… ”. Riverside and Antofagasta have reviewed the results and now plan to progress the project with Riverside as the operator.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. stacked 7,447 Oz Au during January at a grade of 1.87 g/t Au, in addition to a 485 K tonne stockpile @ 1.37 g/t. Gold recoveries during January averaged 231 ounces per day, at an expected cost below $290 per ounce. The company is accelerating mining to reach the southern part of the high grade HS zone by the third quarter of 2017.
- United States Antimony Corp. reported production estimates for 2016 and 2015, which includes undisclosed figures from its Mexican operations. During 2016 the company benefited of the 46% antimony price increase from a low of $2.40 to $3.52 per pound by year end. During January 2017, 90 K Lb of Sb were shipped from two of its Mexican mines to the company’s Madero smelter. The alkaline leach plant has been tested, and the flotation mill is to begin test runs during February.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. closed a non-brokered private placement amounting $3.4 M. The proceeds are to be used to advance the Ixtaca deposit towards the completion of pre-feasibility studies, continue permitting work, continue exploration drilling, and for general working capital (Tuligtic, Puebla).
- Galore Resources Inc. informed the company’s board of directors authorized management to proceed with a loan arrangement with a senior officer / director of the Company, whereby the Company will borrow USD$150 K. The Company is to settle also a CDN$51 K debt with a former related party by the issuance of shares (Dos Santos, Zacatecas).
- Mammoth Resources Corp. is to proceed with a non-brokered private placement with the aim to accruing $150K to advance exploration activities on its Tenoriba property in Chihuahua.
- Alix Resources Corp. announced the completion of the first tranche of a non-brokered flow through private placement for gross proceeds of $180.9 K, and additionally completed a non-brokered non-flow through private placement for gross proceeds of $395.7 K (Elektra, Sonora).
- Alamos Gold Inc. has closed its previously announced deal offering for gross proceeds of US$250 M (Mulatos, Sonora; Esperanza, Morelos).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. completed a previously announced bought deal financing for gross proceeds of US$74.8 M (San José, Oaxaca).
- Leagold Mining Corp. filed a preliminary prospectus with the securities regulatory authorities in each of the provinces and territories of Canada, except Quebec, in connection with its proposed distribution of subscription receipts (to be converted into shares). The cash required for the $279 M payment for Los Filos mine purchase (in Guerrero) is expected to be raised from the net proceeds from the Offering and the net proceeds from up to $200 M of term loan credit facilities.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT.
- Mexus Gold US. continues to place mined material on the heap, with the first three meter lift nearing completion. Cyanide leach is expected to begin by the end of March.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released drilling results within and immediately outside the amended PEA pit, including potential new zones of veining, at its Tuligtic property in Puebla. Intersects include 41.45 m @ 1.52 g/t Au, 117 g/t Ag; 11.3 m @ 1.56 g/t Au, 132 g/t Ag, 32.55 m @ 0.72 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag; 18.45 m @ 1.66 g/t Au, 59 g/t Ag; 8.05 m @ 3.59 g/t Au, 329 g/t Ag; 0.75 m @ 17.7 g/t Au, 1,350 g/t Ag; 17.9 m @ 1.62 g/t Au, 162 g/t Ag; 61 m @ 0.53 g/t Au, 82 g/t Ag. Some of the high grade intervals included within those broader intercepts are: 4.6 m @ 6.68 g/t Au, 565 g/t Ag; 5.15 m @ 3.16 g/t Au, 273 g/t Ag; 1.10 m @ 17.2 g/t Au, 920 g/t Ag; 0.5 m @ 16.85 g/t Au, 3,120 g/t Ag; 2.0 m @ 12.8 g/t Au, 1,136 g/t Ag).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. presented definition drilling results on its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. True width intercepts include 1.65 m @ 25.7% Zn, 10.5% Pb, 64 g/t Ag; 0.45 m @ 18% Zn, 16.7% Zn, 104 g/t Ag; 2.98 m @ 3.7% Zn, 1.9% Pb, 19 g/t Ag. Three tenement applications were filed to protect adjoining ground to the Plomosas operations.
- Coeur Mining Inc. announced year-end 2016 reserves and resources, which includes figures on its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua and the La Preciosa project in Durango. At Palmarejo and La Preciosa consolidated reserves and resources amount to 78.6 M Oz Ag, 1.087 M Oz Au and 118.6 M Oz Ag, 202 K Oz Au respectively.
- Leagold Mining Corp. filed a NI 43-101 technical report on its Los Filos gold mine in Guerrero. The report describes the Los Filos mine operations, mineral reserves and resources, and a financial evaluation of the current mine. The M&I resources (inclusive of mineral reserves) stand at 422.5 M tonnes @ 0.85 g/t Au (11.479 M Oz Au) and 162 .6 M tonnes @ 0.76 g/t Au on the inferred resources category (3.995 M Oz Au). To the end of the third quarter 2016, the mine had produced 194 K Oz Au at AISC US$854 per ounce. “The Mine currently consists of two open pit mines, Los Filos and El Bermejal, an underground mine at Los Filos and the opportunity to develop an underground mine at El Bermejal as an expansion project. The open pit operation began commercial production in 2008. Gold is recovered from crushed and run-of-mine ore via a conventional, low cost heap leach process.”
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Excellon Resources Inc. negotiated offtake arrangements for 2017 with two purchasers for its lead-silver and zinc concentrates, with material reduction (60%) in treatment and refining charges.
- Plata Latina Minerals Corp. has formally entered into the option agreement with Fresnillo PLC respect the Naranjillo property in Guanajuato. Terms include an initial payment of US$400 K (paid), an aggregate US$1.65 M in five 6 month installments and US$500 K at the end of the term to acquire the property. Fresnillo must incur US$3.0 M in exploration expenditures over the term, and Plata Latina will retain a 3% NSR, of which 2% can be bought by US$1 M and the remaining 1% by US$5 M.
- Colibri Resources Corp. announced that “trading in the shares of the company remains halted pending receipt and review of acceptable documentation regarding the Fundamental Acquisition of Canadian Gold Resources pursuant to Listing Policy 5.6 (d) of Exchange Policy 5.3.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, quartz vein float on a rock fence in central Chihuahua, displaying silica banding, brecciation and re-sealing.
During the first week of December at least twenty press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including two third quarter reports. ON MEXICO ISSUES, China is already the third biggest foreign player in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, a PFS was completed on a property in Durango, while in Chihuahua a drilling campaign continues and another one is on the planning stage. In Sonora results from a drilling campaign on a gold property were released, as were surface rock chip results from one Li property. In Hidalgo a property was staked, showing interesting initial rock chip sample results, whereas in San Luis Potosi and Zacatecas assay results were released for a Li property. ON MINING, construction of a heap leach processing plant has begun in a project in Sonora, while in Sinaloa the high grade output was increased in one property, and development work continues in another one. In Queretaro a flotation mill continues with production tests. ON FINANCING, A C$10 M bought deal financing was completed by a company. ON RESOURCES, a technical report with a maiden resource was filed at SEDAR, and a PFS was completed on another, both from properties in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, the saga for the control of a property in Sinaloa continues, a property was optioned and one more sold, both in Sonora. A company is applying to be listed in USA and a second payment has been made on the option to earn interest on a tailings property in Durango.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico sets its eyes in China for investment in mineral resources. China is already the third most active foreign player in the Mexican mining sector, according to Mario Cantu, General Coordinator of Mining at the Ministry of Economy. The Ministry of Economy is currently setting up a taskforce in a bid to streamline the process of permit approvals that clarify the requirements for purchasing and renting mining concessions.
- Telson Resources Inc. announced the completion of a pre-feasibility study (PFS) on its Tahuehueto property in Durango. The report states a proven mineral reserve of 3.3 M tonnes @ 3.4 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu, 1.1% Pb and 2.0% Zn, to be mined mainly by underground cut and fill method at a 790 tpd rate, with a mine life of 21 years. The reserves contain 356 K Oz Au, 4.38 M Oz Ag, 25 M Lbs Cu, 85.7 M Lbs Pb, and 161.3 M Lbs Zn.
- Levon Resources Ltd. intends to proceed next year with a drilling program on its Cordero project in Chihuahua, once the silver price moves up in a “sustained and positive way.” The program will target the center of the pit resource, in a claim acquired after the resource was delineated.
- Alix Resources Corp. reported more lithium-rich clay layers identified at its Electra project in Sonora. Assays from 31 samples returned 10 samples over 1,000 ppm Li. Clay layers are traced for approximately 4.5 km, over a surface up to 800 m in width.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. continues the drilling campaign on its La Cigarra project, in Chihuahua. Samples from six more holes have been sent for assaying, and drilling is now continuing on the La Soledad structure, where a breccia zone can attain eight meters in width.
- Prospero Silver Corp. staked a 4,690 ha mining concession in a high level epithermal vein system 85 km NW from Pachuca, in Hidalgo. The La Florida vein system is over 3.5 km long, with eight out of 22 samples returning 0.1 – 0.5 g/t Au and 1.4 – 11.1 g/t Ag, up to 525 ppm As, up to 6 ppm Hg and up to 6,860 ppm Sb. An additional structure, at least one kilometer long, returned on the only two samples 0.6, 0.61 g/t Au; 2, 2, g/t Ag; 1,595, 1,945 ppm As; and 1.7, 2.1 ppm Hg.
- Alset Energy Corp. released assay results for 30 samples collected by the previous owner of the company, for three of the salars: La Salada, Santa Clara and Caligüey. The results run from 340 to 1,680 ppm Li, a bit lower than the previous assay results of 411 to 2,590 ppm Li. Potassium values range from 1.57% to 4.78%. Studies on x-ray diffraction show none to very small amounts of smectite, which points to Li not being inside the clay structure and an easier extraction.
- Millrock Resources Inc. completed a ten hole 1,990 m drilling program at Los Chinos project in Sonora. The property is under a JV with Centerra, where the company can earn a 70% interest by funding US$5 M. Three target areas were tested; El Camino, La Tinaja and Pitalla zones. The best intersections were 4 m @ 0.69 g/t Au and 6.3 m @ 0.18 g/t Au.
- Corex Gold Corp. has begun construction of its heap-leach Santana project in Sonora. The initial step involves forming two heaps, one with jaw-crushed material and the other with fine crushed, to test metallurgical recoveries.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. crushed 127.5 K tonnes of ore @ 5.26 g/t Au during November at its La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa. During the same period 21,567 Oz Au were stacked on the heaps, and 279 Oz Au recovered daily. Cash cost is estimated to be below $400 per gold ounce for the month.
- United States Antimony Corp. continues production testing with an alkaline leach plant in Guanajuato, to process material from its Los Juarez mine in Queretaro. The two options under consideration are to use the flotation mill and the alkaline leach circuit, or to use the flotation mill, alkaline leach circuit, and the cyanide leach plant for the mill tailings. To date tests have shown recoveries of 50%, 70% and 70% for Au, Ag and Sb respectively under the first option, and 90%, 90% and 70% for Au, Ag and Sb respectively under the second option.
- Americas Silver Corp. continues with the primary ramp development at its San Rafael project in Sinaloa, which is expected to reach commercial production in Q3 2017. The ramp is now 25 % complete, the electrical substation has been energized and water storage facilities have been constructed.
- DynaResource Inc. processed 5,075 tons of feed material @ 11.38 g/t Au grade at its pilot mill in its San Jose de Gracia property in Sinaloa. The pilot mill facility averaged 182 tpd output.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. completed a CA$10 M bought deal financing (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Orex Minerals Inc. filed on SEDAR a technical report for the first inferred resource estimate of the Sandra Escobar project in Durango. Utilizing 59 drill holes and a 45 g/t Ag cut-off base case, the inferred resource estimate yielded 9.8 M tonnes @ 106 g/t Ag, for a total of 33.3 M Oz Ag.
- Telson Resources Inc. announced the completion of a pre-feasibility study (PFS) on its Tahuehueto property in Durango. The reserves contain 356 K Oz Au, 4.38 M Oz Ag, 25 M Lbs Cu, 85.7 M Lbs Pb, and 161.3 M Lbs Zn. The total resource (inclusive of mineral reserves) includes 6.1 M tonnes @ 2.1 g/t Au, 48 g/t Ag, 0.375 Cu, 1.36% Pb, 2.25% Zn on the measured and indicated categories, and 3.5 M tonnes @ 1.5 g/t Au, 41.6 g/t Ag, 0.32% Cu, 1.33% Pb, 2.21% Zn on the inferred category, for total contained metal amounts of 634 K Oz Au, 12.6 M Oz Ag, 61.8 M Lb Cu, 265.3 M Lb Pb and 483.9 M Lb Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Dyna Resource de Mexico S.A. de C.V. has seized assets of Goldgroup Resources Inc. as part of a US$48 M damages award. A lien was approved upon stock certificates in the name of Goldgroup Resources Inc.
- Riverside Resources Inc. signed an option agreement with Silver Viper Minerals Corp. on its Clemente project in Sonora. Silver Viper can earn a 100% on the project by staged payments on five years to sum $750 K, delivering 2 M shares and investing $4 M during the life of the option, Riverside will retain a 2% NSR, same that can be bought for $4 M.
- Americas Silver Corp. has initiated the process to become listed on the NYSE MKT, and is to undergo a voting for a needed share consolidation in the procedure.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has entered into an agreement with a private Mexican company based in Hermosillo (the “Hermosillo Group”) to sell 100% of its interest in the San Felipe project in Sonora. The deal involves a cash consideration of US$15 M, in three installments, with the final one on February 15, 2017.
- MX Gold Corp. has paid the second installment of $750 K in its agreement to gain 50% interest on the Magistral del Oro tailings project in Durango. Two more $750 K payments are to be made before January 19, 2017, to earn that 50% interest. The tailings have an historical (non 43-101 compliant) estimate of 1.25 M tonnes @ 2.06 g/t Au.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, flow banding on a rhyodacitic dome, Zacatecas Altiplano. The flow bands are a few millimeters thick.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwired – Oct. 31, 2016) – Riverside Resources Inc. (“Riverside” or the “Company”) (TSX VENTURE:RRI)(OTC PINK:RVSDF)(FRANKFURT:R99) has sold 3,000,000 common shares in privately held Croesus Gold Corp (“Croesus”) for total proceeds of $650,000 CAD. The Company received 6,000,000 Croesus common shares as part of the Sugarloaf Peak Project sale (see Riverside press releases dated December 21, 2015 and March 28, 2016). Riverside continues to hold 3,000,000 Croesus common shares and retains a 2% net smelter return royalty (NSR) on the Project.
VANCOUVER, Sept. 8, 2016 /CNW/ – Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ: PAAS) (TSX: PAA) (the “Company”, or “Pan American”) today announced that it has achieved important milestones at its two mine expansion projects currently underway in Mexico. At the Company’s La Colorada mine, the new 618-metre deep shaft was commissioned in fully automatic mode in early September, ahead of schedule. The shaft was constructed with a world-class safety performance of zero lost-time accidents incurred and using industry-leading raise boring and shaft automation technologies. The work remaining to complete the La Colorada expansion project includes a new filter plant, power line and underground development. The project is now expected to be completed approximately 5 to 10 percent under budget.
At the Company’s Dolores mine, the new 98 kilometre, 115 kV power line that connects the mine to the national power grid was energized in early September. The new power line was completed on budget and is expected to result in annual savings of about $9 million.
Vancouver, British Columbia (FSCwire) – Canarc Resource Corp. (TSX: CCM, OTC-BB: CRCUF, Frankfurt: CAN) is pleased to provide an update on its strategic plans going forward.
With the closing of the sale of Oro Silver in the 2nd quarter to Endeavour Silver (“Endeavour”), Canarc is now in its strongest financial position in twenty years, with approximately $6 million in cash and $6.5 million in Endeavour shares (based on the recent Endeavour share price). The enhanced treasury allows the Company to expand its growth strategies and pursue larger M&A opportunities in order to create additional value for shareholders.
VANCOUVER, July 11, 2016 /CNW/ – Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ: PAAS; TSX: PAA) (“Pan American” or the “Company”), and Maverix Metals Inc. (formerly MacMillan Minerals Inc.) (TSXV: MMX) (“Maverix”), announced today that the Company and Maverix have completed a statutory plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) under Section 192 of the Canada Business Corporations Act.
Pursuant to the Arrangement, the Company acquired 42,850,000 common shares of Maverix (the “Common Shares”) for consideration of CAD$52,823,048 (US$40,240,000), based on the Bank of Canada noon exchange rate of 1.3127 on July 11, 2016, representing payment by the Company of approximately CAD$1.23 per Common Share, and 20,000,000 common share purchase warrants (“Warrants”) for consideration of CAD$2,625,400 (US$2,000,000), based on the Bank of Canada noon exchange rate of 1.3127 on July 11, 2016, representing cash consideration by the Company of approximately CAD$0.13 per Warrant.
ANCOUVER, July 6, 2016 /CNW/ – Pan American Silver Corp. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: PAAS) (TSX: PAA) will announce its unaudited 2016 second quarter results on Thursday, August 11, after market close. A conference call and webcast to discuss the results will be held on Friday, August 12 at 1:00 pm ET (10:00 am PT).
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) is marking its 125th anniversary as a mining company in 2016. One event recognizing this achievement will be Hecla’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders being held in Spokane, Washington, the home of its original founders Patsy Clark, Amasa Campbell, and John Finch.
The Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held at the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture (MAC) located at 2316 W. 1st Avenue in Spokane on Thursday, May 19, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The MAC is located next door to the Campbell House, the home of Amasa Campbell.