By Jorge Cirett
During the 21st week of the year (May 24th to May 30th, 2021), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, seven companies posted exploration advances on their properties, three presented mining related news, seven posted on financing (C$6M, $60 M, C$5 M, C$10 M, $2.6 M, $C$11.5 M) and one on share distribution, six more on project development or resource definition and two posted on corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CanCham complained on the lack of clear policies and opacity on the rule of law that are affecting Canadian investments in Mexico. The push from the Mexican government to create an institution to manage the lithium industry from the optics of sovereignty sees opposition from the mining industry, and reality. Camimex released a list of mining investments to be realized in the next few years, amounting to several billion dollars. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone Mining applied for drilling permits at Rebeico. Tocvan Ventures released results from drilling at Pilar. In Chihuahua, Kootenay Silver released high-grade results from drilling at Columba. In Durango, Mithril Resources, updated on drilling at Copalquin. In Sinaloa, Riverside Resources released surface sample results; Vizsla Silver informed on geophysical results supported by drilling, and more surveys to come; Brigadier Gold discovered bulk tonnage copper mineralization in trenching of soil anomalies. ON MINING, Impact Silver and Telson Mining presented Q1 2021 results. Magna Gold informed it has exceeded 3 M man-hours of work without lost-time incidents. ON FINANCING, Silver Bull Resources is to distribute 34.2 M shares of Arras Minerals among its shareholders. Six companies informed on financing rounds: Silver Viper Minerals (C$6 M), Vizsla Silver ($60 M), Reyna Silver (C$5 M), Sable Resources (C$10M, Defiance Silver (C$11.5 M) and Mammoth Resources ($2.58 M). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Prime Mining released drilling results from Los Reyes. GR Silver Mining reported near surface drill results from Plomosas. GoGold Resources released drilling results from the Casados deposit at Los Ricos North. Discovery Silver released results from 12 drill holes targeting high-grade vein trends at Cordero. Sailfish Royalty filed a technical report with a new resource estimate for Gavilanes. Discovery Silver updated on exploration at Cordero, with 75,000 m of drilling completed on 178 holes, and four drills continuing the phase 2 program. Golden Tag announced the discovery of a shallow zone of epithermal mineralization at San Diego. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Mexus Gold informed Fresnillo PLC is reviewing its Santa Elena mine. Riverside Resources announced BHP is funding a third year of generative work in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on their policies and programs to aid in education on a wide range of communities. Minera San Xavier informed Cerro San Pedro in San Luis Potosi has been declared as “Cyanide Free Site” by the International Cyanide Management Institute.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- CanCham (Cámara de Comercio de Canadá en México) pointed out that the lack of clear policies and the opacity on rule of law is affecting Canadian investments, which show an 18% decrement in the last year, holding the investment of thousands of millions (Mexican number notation) of dollars in the energy, mining, pharmaceutical and agricultural sectors. These remarks were expressed by Enrique Zorrilla, Cancham’s president, in the meeting between the Commerce ministers of Mexico, Canada and the United States.
- Mexico is preparing its strategy to develop the lithium market. The federal government intends to become a lithium producer by controlling several deposits, Bolivia’s advice and a commerce treatise to facilitate establishing an electric battery factory. The current government senate fraction is preparing a proposal to create the Instituto Nacional del Litio. (Lithium National Institute) and to declare lithium as Nation’s exclusive property (Note. – This federal initiative push misses the point that so far there is not a single lithium mine in Mexico, that its lithium in brines potential is limited at best, and that the economics of lithium extraction from clays -like in the Bacanora Lithium’s deposit in Sonora- is not yet clear).
- Fernando Alanís, president of Camimex (Cámara Minera de México) informed that lithium deposits in Mexico have a very low grade, and lack the technology for its extraction, reason for which the country is far from becoming a world power in lithium production. Lithium presents in three kind of deposits: hard rock (pegmatites), brines (from salt lakes) and clays. Rock and brine lithium extraction accounts for 100% of the world production, whereas the extraction of lithium from clays is very energy intensive and expensive, not having a single producing mine in the entire planet.
- Camimex released a table with the Mexican Mining Developments programmed for the next few years, same that reach US$7,820 Million in investment (Mexican number notation, equivalent to US$7.8 billion).
- Mithril Resources Ltd. provided an update on drilling at its Copalquin project in Durango. The current program main focus is to extend the Refugio ore shoot down dip (presently 600 m along strike, 200 m down dip, 5 m in width), maiden drilling at Los Pinos target, extend three holes and deep exploration drilling at La Soledad and extend near-surface intercepts at El Cometa.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. commenced permitting for drill programs at Guadalupe y Calvo, Chihuahua, and Rebeico, Sonora.
- Riverside Resources Inc. reported surface sample results from its La Silla project in Sinaloa. The highlighted samples from the El Ciruelo and El Roble targets returned 6.1 gpt Au, 80 gpt Ag; 5.6 gpt Au, 81 gpt Ag; 4.4 gpt Au, 35 gpt Ag; 3.5 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag; 3.3 gpt Au, 20 gpt Ag; 2.6 gpt Au, 41 gpt Ag, on quartz veining, gossanous breccia and strongly oxidized andesite. El Ciruelo target extends for at least 1 km with a 1-5 m wide chalcedonic vein zone. El Roble vein extends for at least 300 m, reaching up to 2 m in width, with mineralization occurring also in the host rock.
- Vizsla Silver Corp. provided an update on the recently completed geophysical survey completed at Panuco, in Sinaloa. A fixed loop electromagnetics (FLEM, or EM) was trialed and detected massive sulfide mineralization on the Napoleon and Josephine veins, proved with three massive sulfide intercepts in the latter. The Josephine vein has no known surface expression and runs parallel to the west of the main Napoleon trend. Mineralization at Tajitos is not related to massive sulfides and was not detected with EM. Vizsla is planning a property wide airborne EM-magnetic survey at Panuco.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. announced high-grade results from the 5,000 m core drill program currently underway at Columba, Chihuahua. Highlighted core length intervals in the Hanging-Wall, F, and Footwall veins comprise 1.55 m @ 189 gpt Ag, 0.1%Pb, 0.2% Zn; 1.0 m @ 104 gpt Ag, 0.1% Zn; 2.44 m @ 217 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 2.94 m @ 321 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.6% Zn (including 1.94 m @ 428 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn); 8.0 m @ 130 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn (including 2.9 m @ 265 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.5% Zn); 1.95 m @ 104 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 9.0 m @ 354 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 2.63 m @ 809 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn); 30.0 m @ 86 gpt Ag (including 2.37 m @ 425 gpt Ag, 0.2% Zn).
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. announced the discovery of bulk tonnage type copper mineralization at its Picachos project in Sinaloa. Fifty meters on trenching of historic copper anomalies has returned XRF copper values ranging from 0.05 to 1.34% Cu and 20 to 284 ppm Ag. Brigadier has also completed mapping and sampling of the historic La Gloria mine, where a drill hole intercepted 1.0 m @ 6.26 gpt Au.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. released results for the first three holes of its phase-II drill program at Pilar, in Sonora. The drill program consists of 2,900 m of reverse circulation drilling in 17 holes, of which 14 are pending results. Highlighted down-hole intercepts comprise 29 m @ 0.71 gpt Au (including 6.1 m @ 1.9 gpt Au); 24.4 m @ 0.56 gpt Au (including 9.2 m @ 1.3 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag); 6.1 m @ 0.48 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag; 4.6 m @ 0.50 gpt Au, 11 gpt Ag.
- Impact Silver Corp. presented its financial and operating results of Q1 2021. During the period 36.4 K tonnes were processed @ 162 gpt Ag to produce 156.9 K Oz Ag. “continued exploration on the north and south extensions of the Veta Negra Mine, trenching on the bulk tonnage gold target at Manto America in the central part of the district and exploration on the northwest (Pachuqueno) extensions of the Guadalupe Mine”.
- Magna Gold Corp. has exceeded 3 M man-hours of work without lost-time incidents within all its operations, including contractors and suppliers. The last lost-time incident was in 2018, and the mine has not had a fatal accident in its 11 years history.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented its first quarter 2021 financial and operating results. At Campo Morado in Guerrero, 174.4 K tonnes were processed to produce 11,013 tonnes Zn (74% Zn recovery), 1,908 tonnes Pb at cash cost $0.70 per Lb Zn and AISC of $0.90 per Lb Zn. During the period gross revenue was $21.2 M (Q1 2020: $19.0 M) and mine operating profit $5.25 M (Q1 2020: $0.26 M loss).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. announced its intent to distribute 34.2 M shares of Arras Minerals Corp. to Silver Bull shareholders. Silver Bull transferred mineral properties in Kazakhstan and received 36 M shares of Arras in return, making Arras an approximately 88%-owned subsidiary of Silver Bull (Sierra Mojada, Coahuila).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. intends to undertake a non-brokered private placement financing to raise aggregate gross proceeds of up to C$6 M (La Virginia, Sonora).
- Vizsla Silver Corp. entered into an agreement with Canaccord Genuity Corp. on behalf of a syndicate of underwriters to buy units of the company for gross proceeds of $60 M (Panuco, Sinaloa).
- Reyna Silver Corp. entered into an agreement with Eight Capital and Red Cloud Securities Inc. in connection with a private placement intended to raise up to C$5 M (Guigui and Batopilas, Chihuahua).
- Sable Resources Ltd. entered into an agreement with Sprott Capital Partners LP and Eight Capital in connection with a bought deal private placement financing to raise up to C$10 M (Vinata, Chihuahua).
- Mammoth Resources Corp. Announced a non-brokered private placement financing aiming to raise up to $2 M, same that by the next day had been increased to $2.58 M (Tenoriba, Chihuahua).
- Defiance Silver Corp. has increased the size of its previously announced private placement with Red Cloud Securities Inc. for gross proceeds of up to C$11.5 M (Bolañitos and Pinguico, Guanajuato).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Mining Corp. released additional results from its ongoing 15,000 m drill program at Los Reyes, Sinaloa. The Highlighted true width intercepts are from the Guadalupe East, Zapote South and the Estaca vein: 11.6 m @ 8.12 gpt Au, 725 gpt Ag; 5.6 m @ 11.95 gpt Au, 1,221 gpt Ag; 2.1 m @ 21.63 gpt Au, 1,960 gpt Ag; 2.0 m @ 11.17 gpt Au, 909 gpt Ag; 2.4 m @ 2.00 gpt Au, 121 gpt Ag; 1.4 m @ 10.50 gpt Au, 300 gpt Ag; 3.9 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 37 gpt Ag; 0.6 m @ 93.80 gpt Au, 829 gpt Ag.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. reported near surface drill results from the Plomosas mine area in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width intervals comprise 11.9 m @ 84 gpt Ag, 2.3% Pb, 2.7% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 16.7 m @ 7 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 10.8 m @ 3 gpt Ag, 0.20 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 4.2 m @ 10 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.1%Pb, 0.6% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 2.1 m @ 350 gpt Ag, 1.0% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 1.9 m @ 348 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 1.3 m @ 26 gpt Ag, 0.19 gpt Au, 3.3% Pb, 3.3% Zn; 1.0 m @ 128 gpt Ag, 1.00 gpt Au, 9.0% Pb, 9.7% Zn, 0.2% Cu; 2.6 m @ 45 gpt Ag, 0.60 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 4.7 m @ 187 gpt Ag, 0.18 gpt Au, 2.2% Pb, 1.2% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 2.0 m @ 277 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 1.9 m @ 283 gpt Ag, 0.82 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 1.0% Zn, 0.1% Cu.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results of nine holes on the Casados deposit at the Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Highlighted core length intersects comprise 29.9 m @ 0.25 gpt Au, 70 gpt Ag; 15.5 m @ 0.27 gpt Au, 67 gpt Ag; 34.4 m @ 0.17 gpt Au, 67 gpt Ag; 5.3 m @ 0.65 gpt Au, 305 gpt Ag; 9.2 m @ 0.24 gpt Au, 109 gpt Ag (including 1.9 m @ 0.61 gpt Au, 442 gpt Ag); 60.5 m @ 0.21 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag; 2.1 m @ 0.57 gpt Au, 322 gpt Ag; 54.1 m @ 0.37 gpt Au, 92 gpt Ag; 28.5 m @ 0.43 gpt Au, 100 gpt Ag (including 1.8 m @ 2.09 gpt Au, 418 gpt Ag); 14.0 m @ 0.46 gpt Au, 134 gpt Ag (including 5.3 m @ 1.04 gpt Au, 304 gpt Ag); 2.6 m @ 2.93 gpt Au, 610 gpt Ag.
- Discovery Silver Corp. released results from 12 diamond drill holes testing the Josefina and Todos Santos high-grade vein trends at the Cordero project in Chihuahua. Highlighted intercepts on the Josefina vein trend comprise 41.5 m @ 97 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 1.0% Pb, 2.5% Zn (including 4.1 m @ 520 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 9.8% Zn and 3.3 m @ 182 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 3.4% Pb, 7.1% Zn); 13.1 m @ 112 gpt Ag, 0.13 gpt Au, 1.3% Pb, 2.2% Zn; 36.4 m @ 66 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 87.4 m @ 38 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 3.6 m @ 343 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.7% Zn; 19.3 m @ 40 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.4% Zn); 22.4 m @ 156 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.3% Zn (including 3.7 m @ 299 gpt Ag, 0.16 gpt Au, 3.9% Pb, 5.7% Zn). The Josefina vein trend includes two subparallel veins that run for 1.5 km, and has been tested to 370 m depth and remains open. The Todos Santos vein trend consists of two closely spaced veins, extends for at least 1.5 km along strike and 400 m of depth in old workings and drill holes. Highlighted intercepts comprise 62.0 m @ 19 gpt Ag, 0.28 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 2.0% Zn; 21.4 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 1.9 m @ 113 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 2.4% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 3.7 m @ 96 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 1.8% Pb, 3.0% Zn; 2.1 m @ 160 gpt Ag, 0.27 gpt Au, 3.3% Pb, 3.6% Zn.
- Sailfish Royalty Corp. filed a NI-43-101 technical report and estimate of mineral resources for the Gavilanes project in Durango.
- Discovery Silver Corp. updated on its Cordero project in Chihuahua and informed that by the end of the first quarter 2021 had cash and cash equivalents for $94.7 M. At Cordero 75,000 m of drilling were completed in 178 holes in phase 1 drilling, providing information to be used in the bulk-tonnage preliminary economic assessment (PEA) underway. Phase 2 drilling continues with four rigs, focused on reserve definition, resource expansion and high-grade vein delineation. Bulk tonnage targeted drilling has returned up to 128.2 m @ 65 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 1.2% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 131.6 m @ 48 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn (including 37.1 m @ 119 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au, 1.0% Pb, 1.2% Zn); 110.0 m @ 37 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 85.6 m @ 53 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 1.4% Pb, 1.7% Zn. Drilling on high-grade veins has returned up to 4.1 m @ 520 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 9.8% Zn in the Josefina vein; 4.0 m @ 377 gpt Ag, 0.28 gpt Au, 7.1% Pb, 3.4% Zn in the Todos Santos vein and 4.4 m @ 246 gpt Ag, 0.39 gpt Au, 6.5% Pb, 0.4% Zn on the Parcionera vein.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd. discovered a new zone of epithermal mineralization at the San Diego project in Durango. The new drill hole intercepted 10.0 m @ 0.55 gpt Au, 628 gpt Ag, 1.1% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.12% Cu, in a zone where previous drilling had returned 2.0 m @ 0.33 gpt Au, 161 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.2% Zn, 0.04% Cu; 3.75 m @ 0.32 gpt Au, 125 gpt Ag, 1.5% Pb, 4.0% Zn, 0.12% Cu. “The hole intersected a series of epithermal breccias and quartz-carbonate veins within the Central Diorite intrusion from 73.0 to 92.70 m which are characterized by cavity filling banded quartz and carbonate veins with fluorite and associated sulfides comprised primarily of pyrite, sphalerite, galena, boulangerite, and arsenopyrite”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mexus Gold US. informed personnel from Fresnillo PLC is reviewing its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. The geologists are checking the potential for a disseminated deposit, as well as the quartz vein currently worked by Mexus.
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced BHP and Riverside “have agreed on moving forward with a third year of generative funding for copper exploration in Sonora. The new budget is US$1.3 M for generative exploration work.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on their policies and programs to aid on education in a widespread communities.
- Minera San Xavier has been declared as “Cyanide Free Site” by the International Cyanide Management Institute. Cerro San Pedro is the first mine in the world that has realized the dismantling process of the 110 m high heap that covers 102 hectares (1 square kilometer).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group. On the image below: Quartz-tourmaline breccia from a project in Sinaloa. Picture by Jorge Cirett.