VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alio Gold Inc (TSX:ALO) (NYSE AMERICAN:ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”) and Rye Patch Gold Corp. (TSX-V:RPM) (OTCQX:RPMGF) (FWB:5TN) (“Rye Patch”) are pleased to announce they have entered into an agreement whereby Alio Gold will acquire, through a plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) all of the outstanding shares of Rye Patch. Alio Gold will host a conference call at 11:00am EDT (Toronto) time today to discuss the transaction and the details of the call can be found at the end of the release. Management from both Alio Gold and Rye Patch will participate in the conference call.
Vancouver, B.C. — Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. (TSX.V:SCZ) (the “Company” or “Santacruz”) reports its operating results from the Veta Grande Project in Zacatecas, Mexico and Rosario Project in Charcas, San Luis Potosi, Mexico for the fourth quarter (“Q4”) and year ended December 31, 2017 and provides an operations update.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 8th week of the year (February 19th to February 25th, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five companies reporting quarterly and/or full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure is to continue drilling its Sara Alicia Au-Co-Zn project; Evrim described the Sarape low sulfidation project. ON MINING, five companies, Starcore, Osisko Gold Royalties, Alio Gold, Argonaut Gold and Great Panther presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. ON FINANCING, Torex Gold announced an over-allotment of shares, taking the gross proceeds of its last offering to C$63.32 M. Evrim is accelerating the exercise of warrants that could add to up to $2.94 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Pan American, Avino Silver and Alamos Gold presented resource estimate updates for its operating units to the end of 2017. Southern Silver Exploration presented an updated mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Endeavour presented an update on development of its El Compas project in Zacatecas. Silver Bull disclosed drill results from its Sierra Mojada property in Coahuila. Almaden Minerals released more infill drill results from its Tuligtic project in Puebla. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Leagold announced the proposed take-over of Brio Gold, which owns a mine in Brazil. Bacanora Minerals is in the paperwork to move from the Canadian TSX to the British AIM stock exchange. Coeur Mining signed a LOI with Evrim on the acquisition of the El Sarape project in Sonora. Oroco Resource acquired interest on three concessions surrounding the Santo Tomas deposit in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Azure Minerals Ltd. intends to resume drilling within two weeks at the Sara Alicia project in Sonora. The mineralized zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry, forming a skarn horizon hosting massive and semi-massive sulfides with Au-Co grades. The mineralized body has a strong magnetic signature, extending for 300 m by 150 m and modelling of the magnetic data indicates a considerable vertical extent. The best intercept from the previous drilling was 26.2 m @ 9.5 g/t Au, 1.26% Co.
- Evrim Resources Corp. described the Sarape project in Sonora, recently optioned to Coeur Mining Inc. There are two major veins, The Sarape vein is 6 km long and up to 12 m in width, while the Chiltepin vein measures 2.6 km in length and up to 3 m in width. The western part of both veins contains barren white quartz and calcite veins, whereas the eastern portion is composed by a separate phase of low temperature, tan green quartz that consistently assays from 0.10 to 0.36 g/t Au, peaking at 3.6 g/t Au. Neither vein has been drilled.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. released production results for Q3 2018, ended on January 31, 2018. During the period 65.6 K tonnes were milled @ 1.23 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, producing 2,405 AuEq Oz at its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Recoveries stood at 83.7% Au, 53.3% Ag. The Altiplano facility in Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, received 176 tonnes of concentrate containing about 222 Oz Au, 35,634 Oz Ag, and sold 269 Oz Au, 23,561 Oz Ag.
- Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. presented Q4 2017 and full year 2017 results. While not presenting numbers, it reports an offtake agreement on production from Gogold’s Parral project in Chihuahua.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided its fourth quarter and year end 2017 results. During the year the San Francisco mine in Sonora produced 83,211 Oz Au, 38,911 Oz Ag, with 16,067 Oz Au, 7,873 Oz Ag produced during the fourth quarter 2017. At the Ana Paula project in Guerrero, Alio invested $17.3 M, with work ongoing for the definitive feasibility study (FS). Cash and cash equivalents by the end of 2017 amounted to $51.6 M, while working capital was $61.7 M.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. At El Castillo in Durango, during the year 8.14 Mt (tonnes) of ore,10.4 Mt of waste were moved, for a 51 K tonnes per day (tpd) rate, with the ore grading 0.36 g/t Au to produce 59,000 Oz Au at cash cost $1,015 per sold Au Oz. At San Agustin in Durango, since starting commercial production in October 1, 939 Kt of ore @ 0.5 g/t Au and 404 Kt of waste were moved for a 15 K tpd operation, to produce 10,302 Oz Au, 45,100 Oz Ag at cash cost $385 per Au Oz sold. At La Colorada in Sonora 18.87 Mt of ore @ 0.54 g/t Au and 23.35 Mt of waste were moved at a 64 K tpd rate to produce 50,796 Oz Au, 174,330 Oz Ag at cash cost of $691 per Oz Au sold. During the fourth quarter $2.8 M of income tax was recovered. For 2018 the company expects to produce 165 K to 180 K AuEq Oz.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. reported financial results for 2017. Without disclosing production by unit, the Topia (Durango), San Ignacio (Guanajuato) and Guanajuato mine complex produced 1.98 M Oz Ag, 22,501 Oz Au at cash cost $5.76 per Ag Oz, cash cost of $12.11 per AgEq Oz and AISC of $15.07. Cash and short-term deposits at year-end were $56.9 M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. issued as an over-allotment an additional 130,500 common shares on the previously announced offering, augmenting the aggregate gross proceeds to C$63.32 M.
- Evrim Resources Corp. is accelerating the exercise date of the company’s common share purchase warrants date December 16, 2015. If all the remaining outstanding warrants were exercised, these would raise cash proceeds of $2.94 M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported an update on development progress at El Compas project in Zacatecas. The plant refurbishment is 90% complete, mine power and mine portal infrastructure completed and only 100 m of development to reach the ore body. The plant design has been modified to increase capacity from 250 tonnes per day (tpd) to 325 tpd, with the mine plan expanded from 200 tpd to 250 tpd, with potential to go to 500 tpd. The improved operating metrics would take production to 1.175 M AuEq Oz per year, and needs an increase of only 13% on Capex.
- Pan American Silver Corp. updated mineral reserves and resources, including figures for its properties in Mexico. Globally Pan American mined 30.6 M contained Ag Oz of its silver reserves, but replaced 33.2 M contained Ag Oz, to end 2017 with 288.4 M contained Ag Oz.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. released results of seven drill holes targeting the Sulfide Zone under the oxide resource at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Significant results comprise 2 m @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu; 2 m @ 1,300 g/t Ag, 13.5% Zn, 3.9% Cu, 2.9% Pb; 4 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 4.3% Zn; 6 m @ 5.8% Zn, 0.47% Cu; 6 m @ 802 g/t Ag, 5.9% Zn, 3.3% Cu, 0.5% Pb.
- Avino Silver & Mines Ltd. completed an updated mineral resource estimate for the Avino property in Durango. This updated mineral resource estimate includes 34 drill holes that were completed during the drill programs from 2016 to 2017.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported updated mineral reserves and resources as Dec 31, 2017, including figures from its Mexican operations. The company has 5.07 M Oz Au in mineral reserves and resources in its Mexican projects, according to the table below. A total of $13 M and 41,500 m of drilling has been budgeted at Mulatos for exploration in 2018, with focus on Carricito.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released drill results from the infill program at its Tuligtic project in Puebla. The holes were drilled beneath the proposed pit, which stresses the potential for expansion. Highlighted intervals comprise: 101.45 m @ 1.94 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, including 46.20 m @ 3.87 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag, and 28.95 m @ 5.61 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 13.10 m @ 9.35 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag; 53.90 m @ 0.48 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, including 12.00 m @ 3.60 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag, and 5.00 m @ 7.91 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag; 57.55 m @ 1.29 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, including 3.00 m @ 16.87 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. filed a NI-43-101 compliant technical report on a mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. The indicated resource on the Blind Zone, El Sol, Las Victorias and the Skarn Front zones add up to 10.13 Mt @ 102 g/t Ag, 0.10 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 33.35 M Oz Ag, 34 K Oz Au, 319 M Lb Pb, 813 M Lb Zn, 33 M Lb Cu. The inferred resource in the Blind, El Sol and Skarn Front zones add another 8.68 Mt @ 74 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Zn, 4.5% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 20.72 M Oz Ag, 12 K Oz Au, 131 M Lb Pb, 870 M Lb Zn, 29 M Lb Cu. The four separate mineral deposits form sets of sub-parallel steeply dipping mineralized zones extending more than 1,000 m along strike and up to 600 m depth.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Leagold Mining Corp. announced the proposed take-over bid on Brio Gold Inc. by Leagold will now be completed on a Brio board supported basis. “The total consideration to be paid by Leagold in exchange for all of the issued and outstanding Brio shares is approximately US$279M….”. The combined entity is expected to produce between 420,000 and 475,000 oz of gold in 2018 Brio’s shareholder meeting is expected to be held in April 2018 (Los Filos, Guerrero).
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. entered into an arrangement agreement to facilitate the Company’s proposed reorganization to effect a re-domicile to the United Kingdom as Bacanora UK on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Upon listing Bacanora UK, Bacanora Canada intends to delist from the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Evrim Resources Corp. signed a letter of intent (LOI) with Coeur Mining Inc. on the Sarape epithermal Au-Ag project in Sonora. The transaction involves a US$100 K in cash upon signing a definitive agreement, a first-year commitment of US$500 K in exploration. Once those terms are completed Coeur can earn-in a 51% interest by producing a NI-43-101 preliminary economic analysis (PEA) on a minimum inferred resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. Coeur can elect to earn-in an additional 39% by delivering a NI-43-101 feasibility study (FS) on a minimum measured and indicated resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. From this point Coeur will pay US$100K per year until mining and construction permits are received, at which point Evrim can elect to participate on the JV with a 20% interest, or convert that interest to a 3% NSR, of which one third can be purchased by Evrim for US$2.0 M. Evrim will be the operator up to completion of the PEA, after which Coeur shall be the operator.
- Oroco Resource Corp. acquired a 77.5% interest on La China II and Amp. Santo Tomás Reduccion 1 mineral concessions from Santo Tomas Metals S.A. de C.V., and a 77.5% interest in an application for the Papago 17 application from Ubaldo Trevizo Ledezma, in Sinaloa. The three properties add to 6,978 ha and abut and surround the Santo Tomás copper porphyry. Oroco acquired its interest on La China II by the payment of CDN$6,700 and its interest on AMP Santo Tomas Reduccion 1 with the payment of CDN$33,400. The latter concession has been cancelled, but it is deemed to be recoverable to good standing. The Papgo 17 concession interest was acquired by the payment of CDN$6,700 and the issuance of 2 M shares. All three concessions are subject to a 2% NSR. Oroco also holds a 13.6% and an option to acquire a further 6.4% equity interest in Altamura Copper Corp., a British company that acquired the Santo Tomas concessions, and is in negotiations to acquire the remaining Altamura shares (Note for clarity.-Altamura has an ownership legal dispute with a third party on the Santo Tomas concessions, where the known deposit is).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, section on the San Rafael Mine, as seen at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
Minera Alamos Inc. (“Minera Alamos”) (TSX VENTURE:MAI) and Corex Gold Corporation (“Corex”) (TSX VENTURE:CGE) are pleased to announce that they have entered into a definitive arrangement agreement dated January 30, 2018 (the “Agreement”) to combine the two companies, creating a well-funded, multi-asset, Mexican gold development company (the “Transaction”). The combined company will have a market capitalization of approximately C$50 million, approximately C$6 million in cash and a portfolio of three high quality gold-silver development assets, each offering near-term production potential and low capital cost advantages.
Toronto, Ontario–(Newsfile Corp. – January 30, 2018) – Canuc Resources Corporation (TSXV: CDA) (“Canuc” or the “Company“) is pleased to announce that it has completed a vertical amalgamation (the “Vertical Amalgamation“) with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Santa Rosa Silver Mining Corporation, pursuant to subsection 177 of the Business Corporations Act (Ontario). The Vertical Amalgamation did not require shareholder approval and was completed to simplify the corporate structure of Canuc. No securities were issued in connection with the vertical amalgamation. The shares of the subsidiary were cancelled without any repayment of capital in respect of them
By Jorge Cirett
During the 4th week of the year (January 22nd to January 28th, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with two reporting their Q4 and full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minaurum released drill results from its Alamos silver project, including one high-grade intercept over 8 m with grades as those mined in the past; Aztec Minerals is awaiting results from five drill holes at its Cervantes property; Silvercrest Metals presented an annual review on work done at its Las Chispas project. In Chihuahua, Sable Resources announced its intention to drill the Margarita project; Mammoth Resources released good gold results from its first two holes on the Tenoriba project. In Hidalgo, Prospero Silver and Fortuna Silver are to drill the Pachuca SE project. ON MINING, Two companies, Excellon and Gold Resource presented Q4 and annual production results for 2017. Endeavour issued production and cost guidance for 2018. ON FINANCING, Torex Gold filed a short form base shelf prospectus with the Securities Commissions to make offerings of up to $500 M of shares, debt securities, subscription receipts and units. First Majestic announced the offering of US$150 M of unsecured convertible senior notes due 2023. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold released drill results that increase mineralization extent on the dike zone at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Kootenay Silver released drill results on La Cigarra project in Chihuahua, with favorable results on La Borracha zone. Santacruz Silver initiated drilling at Veta Grande in Zacatecas. Bacanora Minerals filed the FS on its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Leagold (Los Filos, Guerrero) intends to acquire Briogold, with operations In Brazil. Sonoro Metals optioned the Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Orex Minerals optioned the San Luis del Cordero project in Durango, from Exploraciones del Altiplano.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Minaurum Gold Inc. released results from its on-going drill program at its Alamos silver project in Sonora. The first hole ever drilled in the Europa-Guadalupe vein system intersected 8.25 m (core length) @ 1,760 g/t Ag (57 opt), 1.6% Cu, 1.5% Pb, 2.6% Zn. Other results comprise 16.75 m @ 0.13% Cu; 0.5 m @ 0.92% Cu, 0.1% Pb, 0.18% Zn; 1.2 m @ 541 g/t Ag, 0.28% Cu, 0.44% Pb, 0.88% Zn; 3.05 m @ 0.19% Cu; 0.35 m @ 185 g/t Ag, 1.05% Cu, 2.37% Pb, 1.44% Zn; 9.60 m @ 88 g/t Ag, 0.24% Cu, 0.37% Pb, 0.33% Zn (including 2.65 m @ 147 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.21% Pb, 0.28% Zn).
- Sable Resources Ltd. announced its intention to conduct a two-phase drill program on the 1.7 km long structure at its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Twenty nine out of forty four surface samples collected returned over 100 g/t Ag, peaking at 909 g/t Ag, with high anomalies in gold, lead, zinc, arsenic and antimony. The 125 has property is surrounded by Sunshine’s Los Gatos project, same that hosts a 178 M AgEq Oz resource (which is under development). The initial drill program will consist of a two-phase, 11 diamond drill hole program totaling 4,025 m to test the vein structures at depths between 200 and 400 m. Considering the silica textures on the veins, the company believes they are at the upper levels of an epithermal system.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. announced it expects to receive the assays for the first five holes drilled at the Cervantes Au-Cu porphyry property in Sonora. These five holes were drilled in December, and part of the 3,000 m, 14 to 17 holes, phase 1 drill program that is currently underway.
- Mammoth Resources Corp. released results from the first two holes drilled by the company at its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. The El Moreno area is 1.4 km west from previously drilled holes, with two drill holes completed of three planned. Results comprise (core length intervals) 30.0 m @ 0.77 g/t Au (including 5.9 m @ 3.41 g/t Au); 80.0 m @ 0.17 g/t Au (including (9.0 m @ 0.51 g/t Au; 15.5 m @ 0.35 g/t Au). The presence of a feldspar porphyry moderately to weakly silicified and argillitized, which is locally strongly silicified and bearing a strong pyrite (up to 15%) and tourmaline (up to 10%) content in one hole is regarded as an indication of a good high sulfidation system, as well as the identification of dickite, kaolinite and illite in the other hole.
- Prospero Silver Corp. has begun drilling at its Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. The drilling is to be conducted under the terms of a strategic investment with Fortuna Silver Mines Ltd. A three to four drill hole, 1,800 m program is planned to test two targets in the 7,250 has land package. Epithermal style argillic alteration is associated with anomalous Au-Ag-Zn geochemistry into an andesitic and felsic volcanic pile. The first hole is to test an actively mined clay pit on a structurally controlled illite alteration zone.
- Silvercrest Metals Inc. presented a summary of 2017 exploration results at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. During 2017 the company drilled 32,822 m in 125 holes, bringing the total to 41,418 m in 157 holes. To date nine of nineteen epithermal veins have been drilled. The most remarkable is the Babicanora vein, with an estimated width of 3.0 to 3.5 m, a high grade footprint of over 1.0 km and a precious metal zone of 125 to 175 m high, with the vein remaining open along strike and to depth. The best hole in this vein intersected 3.1 m @ 40.4 g/t Au, 5,375 g/t Ag. Other veins with high grade intercepts include the Babicanora Footwall, La Blanquita, Las Chispas, Granaditas, Amethyst and Tajo Chico. Initial metallurgical test have indicated recoveries of 98.9% Au and 86.6% Ag. Securing land access has included the purchase of a 2,500 has. ranch and 20 year lease contracts. For 2018 the company is planning to release a maiden resource estimate on the first quarter, with ore from the Babicanora, Babicanora FW, Giovanni, Las Chispas and William Tell veins, and from the old dumps. Further drilling will continue to focus on the 3.2 km long Babicanora vein, extending to the SE and to depth; other areas of drilling will include the Amethyst, Babi Sur, La Victoria and Las Chispas vein extensions. During the first half of 2018 Silvercrest plans to drill an additional 10,000 to 15,000 m, focusing on a planned updated resource and completed PEA in the second half of the year.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced fourth quarter and annual 2017 production results from its Platosa mine in Durango. During the quarter 16,114 tonnes were mined and 17,978 tonnes were milled @ 424 g/t Ag, 3.81% Pb, 5.81% Zn, recovering 90.3% Ag, 80.0% Pb, 82.2% Zn to produce 223.3 K Oz Ag, 1.2 M Lb Pb, 1.9 M Lb Zn. During the year 57,165 tonnes were mined and 63,742 tonnes were milled @ 393 g/t Ag, 3.75% Pb, 5.3% Zn, recovering 89.3% Ag, 80.9% Pb, 81.4% Zn to produce 718.5 K Oz Ag, 4.24 M Lb Pb, 6.06 M Lb Zn. The company has removed a major bottleneck by improving dry-mine conditions and is now working to achieve a 300 tonnes per day (tpd) production rate. A second tailings management facility has been commissioned in Miguel Auza, Zacatecas, with 19 years of capacity at the planned 300 tpd rate.
- Gold Resource Corp. released Q4 and annual 2017 results for its Oaxaca mining unit (El Aguila, Arista mines). During the fourth quarter 9,209 Oz Au and 555.5 K Oz Ag were produced, while on a yearly basis 28,117 Oz Au, 1.77 M Oz Ag, 1,141 tonnes Cu, 5,365 tonnes Pb, 16,301 tonnes Zn. The company expects to begin first stoping operations on the Switchback mine (500 m from the Arista mine) on the first quarter of 2018.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. issued the 2018 production and cost guidance for its three mines in Mexico. Cash cost net of Au by-product credits are expected to be $6.00-$7.00 per Oz Ag, while consolidated cash costs on a co-product basis are anticipated to be $10.00 – $11.00 per Oz Ag and $750-$800 per Oz Au. All-in sustaining costs (AISC) net of gold by-product credits is estimated to be $15.00-$16.00 per Ag Oz. Endeavour plans to invest $48.4 M on capital projects, including $7.3 M in the construction of the El Compas mine in Zacatecas. The company plans to drill 44,000 m and spend $11.1 M on brownfield and greenfield exploration.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. announced the filing of a final short form base shelf prospectus with the Securities Commissions (except Québec). The base shelf prospectus will allow Torex to make offerings of up to $500 M of shares, debt securities, subscription receipts and units. The company filed this base shelf prospectus to maintain financial flexibility but has no immediate intentions to undertake an offering.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. announced the offering of US$150 M aggregate principal amount of unsecured convertible senior notes due 2023 pursuant to private placement exemptions. First Majestic “intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund certain costs and expenses associated with the recently announced acquisition of Primero Mining Corp. and ….. The notes will bear cash interest semi-annually at a rate of 1.875% per annum. The initial conversion rate for the Notes will be 104.3297 common shares (“shares”) per U$1,000 principal amount of Notes…”
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Corp. announced positive drill results extending the dike mineralized zone at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. Drilling to date has outlined mineralization (locally high-grade) along strike for 360 m on the west contact and for 140 m on the east contact, remaining open along strike. Significant core length results comprise 32.3 m @ 0.91 g/t Au, 0.85% Cu (including 4.3 m @ 3.55 g/t Au, 3.74% Cu); 10.0 m @ 0.60 g/t Au, 0.66% Cu (including 4.0 m @ 1.18 g/t Au, 1.3% Cu); 6.0 m @ 0.44 g/t Au, 0.71% Cu; 10.2 m @ 1.90 g/t Au, 1.61% Cu; 18.0 m @ 3.91 g/t Au, 2.36% Cu; 36.0 m @ 2.86 g/t Au, 1.16% Cu; 18.0 m @ 1.57 g/t Au, 0.32% Cu; 10.0 m @ 2.68 g/t Au, 0.79% Cu (including 4.0 m @ 5.87 g/t Au, 1.21% Cu); 10 m @ 0.83 g/t Au, 0.25% Cu; 4.0 m @ 3.48 g/t Au, 0.05% Cu.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released the results of the remaining nine core holes of the 2017 drill program at La Cigarra, in Chihuahua. Holes at La Navidad and Las Venadas intersected wide low grade intercepts, as 46 m @ 12 g/t Ag (including 16 m @ 20 g/t Ag); 73 m @ 14 g/t Ag (including 18.5 m @ 21 g/t Ag); 29 m @ 18 g/t Ag. At La Borracha higher grade intercept’s comprise 15 m @ 42 g/t Ag; 31 m @ 46 g/t Ag (including 8 m @ 107 g/t Ag). La Borracha zone has seen limited amounts of drilling is about 500 m from the current resource and can be traced for at least 1,100 m.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported that Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V. has initiated a 6,000 m drilling campaign at the Veta Grande project in Zacatecas. The 15 hole campaign is to focus on the Veta Grande vein at depth below the current level being mined, expecting to intersect the parallel La Flor, San Jose and Armados veins.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. filed on SEDAR the feasibility study (FS) for the Sonora lithium project in Sonora. The study confirms the positive economics of a 35,000 tonnes per annum battery grade Li2CO3 (lithium carbonate) operation, estimating a pre-tax net present value (NPV) of US$1.253 billion at an 8% discount rate and an internal rate of return (IRR) of 26.1%, and life of mine (LOM) of 19 years at operating costs of US$3,910/t of lithium carbonate, estimated on a flat US$11,000/t price over LOM. Measured resources amount to 103 Mt @ 3,480 ppm Li, indicated resources to 188 Mt @ 3,120 ppm Li and 268 Mt @ 2,650 ppm Li as indicated resources.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. updated its mineral resource estimate for the Guanajuato mine Complex in Guanajuato. The new estimate covers the operating San Ignacio and Guanajuato mines, comprising 1.21 M tonnes @ 156 g/t Ag, 2.74 g/t Au as measured and indicated resources hosting 6.16 M Oz Ag, 107,070 Oz Au; and 732.3 K tonnes @ 131 g/t Ag, 2.35 g/t Au as inferred resources hosting 3.09 M Oz Ag, 55,343 Oz Au.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Leagold Mining Corp. announced its intention to make an offer to acquire all shares of Brio Gold Inc. on or before February 28, 2018. “The all-stock offer results in Brio shareholders owning approximately 42% of the combined company. The combined operations are expected to produce approximately 450,000 ounces in 2018”. This combination reduces overall business risk for Leagold by having four operating mines in Mexico and Brazil (Los Filos-Bermejal, Guerrero).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. entered into an option agreement with a resident of Hermosillo to acquire 100% interest in the Cerro Caliche group of properties in Sonora. Cerro Caliche consists of ten concessions over 900 has, and has 10,118 m in 101 holes of previous drilling by Cambior Gold Corp. and Corex Gold Corp. Total consideration for the property is US$2.98 M payable in escalating cash installments over 72 months, with the initial first year installment of US$127 K having been completed. In addition Sonoro has paid US$23 K of outstanding mining duties. The vendor is to retain a 2% NSR, with Sonoro having an option to purchase the NSR at any time for US$1 M for each percent point.
- Orex Minerals Inc. entered into an option agreement with Exploraciones del Altiplano S.A. de C.V. to acquire a 100% interest in the San Luis del Cordero project in Durango. Orex is required to make the following annual cash and share payments to Altiplano. On signing, issue 100 K Orex shares and pay US$100 K; on the first anniversary, issue 200 K shares and pay US$150 K; on the second anniversary, issue 300 K shares and pay US$200 K; on the third anniversary, issue 400 K shares and pay US$550 K; on the fourth anniversary, pay $US1.5 M (of which 30% can be issued in Orex shares). Orex also will have to satisfy work commitments of US$400 K and US$600 K in years 1 and 2. The property extends over 2,825 has, where old mine workings and mineralized showings wrap around a quartz-feldspar porphyry intrusive. Approximately 16,400 m were drilled in 62 holes from year 2000 to year 2016.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, banded epithermal quartz vein from the famous El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
TORONTO, ONTARIO—January 29, 2018—Americas Silver Corporation (TSX: USA) (NYSE American: USAS) (“Americas Silver” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce production and operating cost results for fiscal 2017, 2018 production and cost guidance, and results from recent follow-up exploration drilling completed on its 100%-owned Zone 120 deposit. The Zone 120 deposit is part of the Cosalá Operations property in Sinaloa, Mexico and located adjacent to the San Rafael Mine. The Company declared commercial production at the San Rafael Mine as of December 19, 2017.
By Jorge Cirett
Leisure is the mother of all vices, according to an old Mexican proverb, and having ample spare time during the worst part of the down cycle in the mining industry during 2015 led to creation of this weekly newsletter. First by fueling the creation of the Gambusino Prospector site to publish exploration and mining news, and then noticing that in mid-late 2015 there were news releases worth compiling and spreading, like the private raising of noticeable amounts of cash, and then by compiling the news releases by areas of interest. It was a matter of trial and error until a workable format was born. And remember, there was time available, as the downturn was not throwing much work in our way. The bottom of the downturn was felt in early 2016, with raising spirits in March after PDAC, spirits that continued high through May and Midyear. Things were looking brighter through the end of 2016, but it would take until 2017 for work to noticeably increase in Mexico. The past year has brought relief to drillers and laboratories, as well as some work for geoscientists and other professionals of the exploration area, but full work is still to come. The expectations for this year are high, even if a swing to a full boom is not expected, but a clear optimistic mood can be perceived in the exploration industry. Having said that, compiling and publishing the news releases takes a two or three hours every week day, and compiling, writing and publishing this newsletter takes anything from four hours (a few times in the year) to up to 12 hours in the more extreme cases…… every week of the year. Believe me, we have learnt to dread the times of the year when the quarterly reports are released. Writing the highlights every week is both a pleasure and hard work that satisfies and exhausts. For the last two years Miguel Heredia was taking care of finding and publishing the press releases from companies working in Mexico and I was doing the compression of the information in a few pages. We now have the help of Laura Ramirez in the research and publishing phase, and starting next week Miguel Heredia and I are to start sharing the task of producing the newsletter in alternate weeks.
During the 2nd week of the year (January 8th to January 14th, 2018), things come back to normal with at least 30 press releases being announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the illegal blockade at El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero continues. A government sanctioned process to set a date to clear the issue will be held at the end of the month (the end of the month!). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Riverside is awaiting drill results from its Glor and Clemente projects and announced its intention to drill during 2018 its Cecilia project; Canuc informed the delineation of several breccia bodies at its San Javier project; San Marco released high-grade copper results from a new zone at its Chunibas project. In Chihuahua Golden Goliath is in the process to select drill targets at its San Timoteo project. In Coahuila, Silver Bull announced high-grade channel sample results from underground workings at its Sierra Mojada project. In Durango, Riverside announced its intention to drill the El Capitan project during 2018. In Guanajuato, Vangold is to measure the underground stockpile (backfill) at its Pinguico mine. In Estado de Mexico Impact Silver updated on exploration on the Zacualpan district. In Hidalgo, Prospero released interesting results on the first drill campaign at the El Petate project. ON MINING, Seven companies: Torex Gold, Coeur Mining, Hecla Mining, Endeavour Silver, Capstone Mining, Alio Gold and Alamos presented preliminary Q4 and annual production results for 2017. Santacruz Silver announced the commencement of construction work to expand the mill capacity at Veta Grande, Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Avino Silver is now formally on the TSX. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Southern Silver updated its resource estimate on Cerro Las Minitas in Durango to over 50 M Oz Ag, 400 M Lb Pb, 1,600 M Lb Zn. Leagold released the high-grade results of the last 15 holes of its 2017 infill and expansion drill program at the Bermejal underground deposit in Guerrero. First Majestic drilled over 800 holes and 156,000 m on its six operating mines and one prospect during 2017. For 2018 its plan is to drill 183,000 m on the same properties and prospect. Minera Alamos has completed the geotechnical reports on the La Fortuna project in Durango, to submit for approval to SEMARNAT. Kootenay Silver is to focus work in 2018 in the expansion of resources and increasing grade on its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. Mexican Gold plans to focus exploration work in expanding the resource and finding more orebodies at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. Starcore International is to prepare a PEA on the La Fe property in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Torex Gold informed two of the largest communities near its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero, Nuevo Balsas and Salvador Trujano, have publicly supported the company and have asked the state government to intervene to lift the illegal blockade. First Majestic has entered into an agreement to acquire Primero Mining in a deal valued in $320 M.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The illegal blockade at El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero continues. Torex Gold informed that two communities, Nuevo Balsas and Valerio Trujano have publicly supported the company and have asked the state government to intervene to lift the illegal blockade. The company is using an alternate route to enter and inspect the facilities while a government sanctioned process for selecting the workers union by vote is underway with a meeting scheduled for January 30, 2018, at which time the parties are expected to agree to a timeline for a vote (vote that the blockading union is expected to try to delay).
- Impact Silver Corp. updated on exploration work at the Santa Teresa target, located on the Royal mines of Zacualpan district in Estado de Mexico. Numerous north-south and northeast striking veins transect the Santa Teresa area, with 197 assays greater than 1 g/t Au and up to 114.5 g/t Au. Half of the veins have extremely low sulfide content. The presence of a feldspar porphyry is considered to enhance the prospectivity of the area.
- Riverside Resources Corp. informed on its exploration plans for 2018, which include the reception of drill results from the Glor and Clemente projects in Sonora, the drilling of the El Capitan project in Durango and Cecilia in Sonora. New partnerships will be explored to advance the Tajitos, (Sonora), La Silla (Sinaloa), Thor (Sonora) and Ariel (Sonora) projects.
- Vangold Mining Corp. is to star underground drilling at its Pinguico property in Guanajuato on January 15, 2018. The drilling is to focus on grade definition of the underground stockpile (backfill) which is thought to amount 500 K tonnes, to define grade and metallurgical properties. The phase 2 program is to target the Pinguico vein to depth and on strike.
- Canuc Resources Corp. announced that several breccia targets have been exposed and sampled at its San Javier project in Sonora. Recent mapping has shown that the Carranza breccia could extend over an area roughly 400 m by 100 m. Select zones of this breccia have previously assayed 238 g/t Ag, 0.7 g/t Au over 11 m and 133 g/t Ag, 1.1 g/t Au over 6.5 m. Another breccia has been mapped on the Jazmin workings, with local high grade silver-gold results. Over 400 samples have been sent to the lab, assays are pending.
- San Marco Resources Inc. released assay results from the newly discovered Cu-Ag mineralization on its Chunibas project in Sonora. The rock chip sampling followed the recognition of a geochemical anomaly in a soil survey, resulting in the discovery of isolated outcrops on otherwise covered terrain of presumably intermediate volcanic rocks strongly altered by an assemblage of epidote>chlorite>quartz>calcite>specularite. Results of 16 samples include 0.1%, 5.9%, 0.87%, 0.76%, 1.38%, 0.97% 1.8%, 0.41%, 3.72%, 0.25% Cu; 1, 51, 6, 8, 19, 4, 17, 4, 66, 4 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. informed on high-grade results from channel samples in newly opened and reconditioned historic workings at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The new zone comprises 350 m of old working, where 39 channel samples up to 2 m in length were collected, with 21 samples returning over 10% Zn and a peak value of 30.7% Zn; 21 samples over 100 g/t Ag and a peak value of 606 g/t Ag; nine samples over 5% Pb and a peak value of 17.6% Pb. “Our underground geological mapping shows a number of high angle structures up to 2 meters wide containing sulphide mineralization grading up to 1,300 grams per ton silver, 42% zinc, 18% lead, and 13% copper that appear to feed into the overlying oxide zone.”
- Golden Goliath Resources Ltd. is to complete early in 2018 the drill targeting that was commenced on 2017 at its San Timoteo property in Chihuahua. Past work included a review of past data, including geology, geochemistry, structural geology, geophysics and drilling. Final drafting and final drill target selection remain to be completed. The company anticipates receiving a US$100 K option payment in 2018, and a final payment of US$2.8 M in November 2018. This would provide more than enough funding required for drilling without the need for any further dilution that a private placement would create.
- Prospero Silver Corp. released drill results from its EL Petate prospect in Hidalgo. Highlights include 24.9 m @ 0.76 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag; 12.6 m @ 0.51 g/t Au; 16.0 m @ 0.75 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag; 3.9 m @ 1.18 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag; 14.7 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag; 1.1 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 1.5% Zn; 10.0 m @ 0.49 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag; 3.2 m @ 1.96 g/t Au, 34 g/t Ag, 0.1% Zn; 19.3 m @ 0.32 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag; 12.8 m @ 0.28 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag. These holes were drilled on the El Tajo and Apartadero SE targets. Prospero is now planning to drill the Pachuca SE prospect, with funding being provided by partner Fortuna Silver.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed that 241 K Oz Au were poured during 2017 at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero (The production is for the first 10 months of the year, before the illegal blockade by a union trying to grab a contract that continues to date).
- Coeur Mining Corp. announced fourth quarter and annual production, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, during the fourth quarter 389.5 K tonnes were milled @ 215 g/t Ag, 3.1 g/t Au, with a recovery rate of 87% Ag, 92% Au, to produce 2.35 M Oz Ag, 37,537 Oz Au. During the year 1.5 M tonnes were milled @ 175 g/t Ag, 2.8 g/t Au.
- Hecla Mining Co. released preliminary silver and gold production results for the fourth quarter and full year 2018, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At San Sebastian in Durango, during the fourth quarter 759.1 K Oz Ag, 5,955 Oz Au were produced, while 3.26 M Oz Ag, 25,177 Oz Au were produced during 2017. Cash and cash equivalents stood at $219 M at the end of the year.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. produced 4.9 M Oz Ag, 53,007 Oz Au on its three operating mines in Mexico during 2017. During the fourth quarter 1.39 M Oz Ag, 14,577 Oz Au were produced from its Guanaceví mine in Durango, and the Bolañitos and El Cubo mines in Guanajuato. At El Compas in Zacatecas, initial production is targeted on March 2018, At Terronera in Jalisco permits have been received to build the mine and the plant, while receipt of the dumps and tailings permit is awaited.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reports that abiding by the terms of the LOI signed with Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V., Carrizal has commenced construction works to expand the Veta Grande mill to 750 tonnes per day (tpd). In addition Santacruz has received permit for a surface drill program at the Veta Grande project which includes 6,000 m in 15 drill holes on the first phase, funded by Carrizal.Capstone Mining Corp. released Q4 and full year 2017 production results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Cozamin in Zacatecas, 219.9 K tonnes were mined in the fourth quarter, 223.5 K tonnes were milled (2,430 tpd) @ 1.98% Cu, 0.71% Zn, 0.06% Pb, 46 g/t Ag, recovering 96.2% Cu, 64.2% Zn, 0.9% Pb, 79.7% Ag, to produce 4,254 tonnes Cu, 1,015 tonnes Zn, 3 tonnes Pb, 263.3 K Oz Ag. During the year, 912 K tonnes were mined and milled (2,499 tpd) @ 1.91% Cu, 0.71% Zn, 0.07% Pb, 43 g/t Ag, with recoveries of 96.1% Cu, 65.5% Zn, 8.0% Pb, 78.7% Ag, to produce 16,732 tonnes Cu, 4,232 tonnes Zn, 50 tonnes Pb, 1.0 M Oz Ag.
- Alio Gold Inc. informed on preliminary production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. During the fourth quarter 1.72 M tonnes were processed @ 0.46 g/t Au, 6.23 M tonnes of waste were moved for a total of 7.99 M tonnes mined, to produce 16,070 Oz Au and 7,873 Oz Ag.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported fourth quarter and annual 2017 production, including figures from its operations in Mexico. During the fourth quarter Mulatos and El Chanate produced 42,700 and 12,100 Oz Au respectively, and 160,000 and 60,400 Oz Au on the whole year. The budget for development of La Yaqui Grande and Cerro Pelon is $13 M, focusing on engineering, permitting and early stage construction. During 2018 open pit grades mined and stacked on the heap leach pad are expected to range between 0.75 and 0.95 g/t Au. “A total of $13 million and 41,500 m has been budgeted at Mulatos for exploration in 2018 with the main areas of focus being El Carricito, La Yaqui Norte – Halcon, El Refugio, San Carlos and the near mine area”. At El Chanate mining activities are expected to cease mid-2018. Total crushed and run of mine ore is expected to average 9,700 tpd @ 0.69 g/t Au.
- ON FINANCING
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. has received final approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) to list its common shares and warrants on January 8th, 2018. Concurrently with the TSX listing, the Shares and Warrants will be delisted from the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) (Avino, Durango).
- ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. updated the mineral resource estimate at its Cerro Las Minitas JV project in Durango (SSV 40%, Electrum Global Holdings LP 60%). The resource was calculated on four deposits: Blind zone, El Sol, Las Victorias and Skarn Front, with 10.1 M tonnes @ 102 g/t Ag, 0.10 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.15% Cu as indicated resources, holding 33.4 M Oz Ag, 34 K Oz Au, 319 M Lb Pb, 813 M Lb Zn and 8.7 M tonnes @ 74 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 4.5% Zn as inferred resources containing 20.7 M Oz Ag, 12 k Oz Au, 131 M Lb Pb, 870 M Lb Zn.
- Leagold Mining Corp. reported results for the final 15 drill holes at the Bermejal Underground project at the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. These infill and step-out holes intersected high grade intervals like (true width): 4.16 m @ 9.2 g/t Au; 3.05 m @ 8.8 g/t Au; 1.77 m @ 10.1 g/t Au; 1.77 m @ 61.3 g/t Au; 7.43 m @ 12.4 g/t Au; 5.12 m @ 8.1 g/t Au; 3.89 m @ 7.0 g/t Au; 8.08 m @ 5.9 g/t Au; 13.59 m @ 4.75 g/t Au; 6.89 m @ 12.3 g/t Au; 14.08 m @ 20.2 g/t Au; 7.34 m @ 35.6 g/t Au; 10.49 m @ 8.79 g/t Au; 14.33 m @ 8.0 g/t Au; 23.57 m @ 6.1 g/t Au. A total of 111 holes comprising 56,280 m were drilled in this program, from April to December. To date the Bermejal Underground deposit contains 2.1 M Oz Au contained on 10.8 M tonnes @ 6.0 g/t Au. Los Filos currently operates two open pits, Los Filos and Bermejal, and the Los Filos underground mine.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. disclosed a year-end review of its 2017 exploration program, which includes over 156,500 m of diamond drilling on 807 holes across its six operating mines and the Plomosas project. Highlights include a new discovery at Ermitaño West (in Sonora) with drill TW intersects of 37 m @ 3.0 g/t Au, 50 g/t Ag; 12.9 m @ 4.7 g7t Au, 277 g/t Ag; identification of the Main Vein extension to the west at Santa Elena in Sonora; discovery of the La Fe replacement orebody at La Encantada in Coahuila; discovery of the Cerro de Santiago vein at La Parrilla, in Durango; the extension of the Santa Teresa vein to the south at Del Toro mine in Zacatecas; the continuation of the Hedionda vein in the San Martin mine in Jalisco; the Nazareno northwest extension and the Nazareno de Ancas finding at La Guitarra in Estado de Mexico; the extension of the Plomosas vein and finding a new stockwork system at Plomosas in Sinaloa. For 2018, a 183,000 m drilling program is envisaged across the six operating mines and the Plomosas project.
- Minera Alamos Inc. has completed the geotechnical studies for the approval of its mine development permits for the La Fortuna gold project in Durango. The study that includes the design of the containment facilities comprise the final data package to be submitted to the environmental authorities (SEMARNAT).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. informed on 2017 activities at La Cigarra in Chihuahua. The drilling of 37 core holes resulted on significant discoveries In the RAM and Las Venadas zones. Other activities include the re-logging of the entire La Cigarra deposit, mapping and sampling of seven other prospective zones. Work in 2018 is to focus in increasing the current resource and grade at La Cigarra. At La Negra, in Sonora, partner Pan American Silver announced the results of 26 holes from an infill program, including 7.5 m @ 529 g/t Ag within 40.8 m @ 194 g/t Ag.
- Mexican Gold Corp. informed on work completed during 2017 at its Las Minas property in Veracruz, which includes the completion of an initial 43-100 resources estimate for two of eight known mineralized zones, the completion of 5,873 m of drilling at El Dorado/Juan Bran and Cinco Señores zones, the extension of several zones, the identification of a parallel mineralized zone at Cinco Señores, the completion of geophysical surveys and the purchase agreements on several claims. For 2018 the focus is to expand the initial resource on El Dorado/Juan Bran and the Santa Cruz zone; exploration drilling of the Cinco Señores and Las Minillas zone; the field exploration at the Santa Cruz, Pueblo Nuevo and Changaro zone.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. has engaged Global Kompas to undertake a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) of the Santa Fe project in Sinaloa. The property was previously optioned by another company, completing two explorations programs up to 2014 which concluded with no mineral resource, but that discovered multiple veins and mineral ore shoots.
- ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed on the state of affairs on the illegal blockade at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero, announcing that two of the larger communities, Nuevo Balsas and Valerio Trujano have publicly supported the company and have asked the state government to intervene to lift the illegal blockade. Access to the mine site has been gained through a road used during construction on the Rio Balsas Ejido land, allowing crews to inspect the site, make maintenance plans and plans to re-start operations if the security of the site can be assured. The government sanctioned process for a workers’ vote to select the union they want to represent them is underway with a meeting scheduled for January 30, 2018, at which time the parties are expected to agree to a timeline for a vote (date that the blockading union is expected to try to delay).
- First Majestic Silver Corp. has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire all issued and outstanding shares of Primero Mining Corp. by exchanging Primero’s shares for First Majestic shares on the basis of 0.03325 of a First Majestic common share for each Primero common share. Concurrently First Majestic has entered into agreement with Wheaton Precious Metals International Ltd. (WPM) whereby the current silver streaming interest at Primero’s San Dimas Ag-Au mine in Durango will be terminated. First Majestic and WPM are to enter into a new stream arrangement based on 25% of the gold equivalent production at San Dimas, with ongoing payments of $600 per AuEq Oz delivered under the agreement. As part of the transaction WPM will receive 20.9 M common shares of First Majestic, valued at $151 M. The total transaction values is estimated at $320 M.
- On the picture below, argillitized porphyritic intrusive with quartz veining and minor sericite alteration still visible, in a prospect of the Durango Altiplano. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Nov. 23, 2017) – Alamos Gold Inc. (“Alamos”) (TSX:AGI) (NYSE:AGI) is pleased to announce the completion of the previously announced plan of arrangement (the “Transaction”) whereby Alamos acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of Richmont Mines Inc. (“Richmont”) (TSX:RIC) (NYSE:RIC).
Under the terms of the Transaction, all Richmont issued and outstanding common shares were exchanged on the basis of 1.385 Alamos common shares for each Richmont common share (the “Exchange Ratio”). Upon closing, Alamos has approximately 389,059,503 Class A Shares outstanding with Alamos and Richmont shareholders owning approximately 77% and 23% of the pro forma company, respectively. Richmont’s common shares will be de-listed from the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) and the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) on November 24, 2017, or shortly thereafter.
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Nov. 21, 2017) – Alamos Gold Inc. (“Alamos”) (TSX:AGI)(NYSE:AGI) and Richmont Mines Inc. (“Richmont”) (TSX:RIC)(NYSE:RIC) are pleased to announce that they have been granted final court approval from the Quebec Superior Court (Commercial Division) of the plan of arrangement (the “Transaction”) whereby Alamos will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Richmont.
The Transaction is expected to close on November 23, 2017, subject to applicable regulatory approvals and the satisfaction of other customary conditions.