Vein-Bx hosted in volcanic rocks
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 28th week of the year (July 12th to July 18th, 2021), at least 29 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico and 4 news published by the media, with nine communicating production and financial results, nine reporting on resources and developments of their properties, seven announcing financial rounds, four informing on exploration results, two commenting on Mexican issues and two discussing social issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Ministry of Economy of Mexico alerted the public about false information that is being disseminated on behalf of the “Undersecretariat of Mining” and recalled that it no longer exists. The Mexican Geological Service (SGM) and the Government of Hidalgo signed an agreement to join efforts on research and science to integrate a knowledge-creating system. ON EXPLORATION, In Sinaloa, Vizsla presented results from the first four holes collared at the Josephine Vein within its Panuco project. In Durango, Mithril released drilling result from its Copalquin property. In Zacatecas, Alien provided an update on the review and planning for the next phase of exploration on its Donovan 2 project. In Oaxaca, Inomin filed a NI43-101 technical report for its la Gitana project. ON MINING, Aura reported Q2, 2021 production from its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. First Majestic reported Q2, 2021 production results from their Mexican mine operations. Altaley presented Q2, 2021 production and financial results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. Golden Minerals reported Q2, 2021 production results from its Rodeo mine in Durango. Gold Resource released Q2, 2021 production results from its Arista mine in Oaxaca. Magna Gold presented Q2, 2021 production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. McEwen reported Q2, 2021 production results from its El Gallo project, Sinaloa. Mexus announced that the company will be shipping approximately 1 tonne of activated carbon to USA for processing. ON FINANCING, Almadex and Azucar Minerals granted stock options to certain directors, employees and consultants. Gatos Silver signed a definitive agreement to retire its portion of the Los Gatos JV term loan and announced a public offering to sell shares of its common stock (Los Gatos mine, Chihuahua). One World Lithium announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to CAD $2,025,000 (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California). Riverside informed that it is to receive USD $5.4M in exploration funding from BHP to advance four copper projects in Sonora. Orla Mining closed a non-broker prospectus financing for gross proceeds of USD $35M (Camino Rojo project, Zacatecas). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Silver released results from 13 drill holes collared at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Fabled announced results from its ongoing drilling program at Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Avino presented results from Phase 1 of the drill campaign conducted at its Avino mine in Durango. GoGold released results from eleven drill holes collared at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Golden Tag presented results from a drill hole collared at the Fernandez Zone within its San Diego property in Durango. Great Panther announced Q2, 2021 production results from their Topia and Guanajuato Mine Complex located in Durango and Guanajuato respectively. IMPACT informed that it has completed phase 1 of the Veta Negra drilling program in the Zacualpan mining district, State of Mexico. Kootenay hired Blue Coast Research to conduct metallurgical testing on its la Negra property in Sonora. Prime Mining released drill results from its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Silver Tiger announced that it continue intersecting high grade mineralization at its El Tigre project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, no relevant news. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Grupo México donated 8,000 native trees to Hermosillo, Sonora. The Government of Zacatecas along with representatives of the mining companies Fresnillo plc and Capstone Gold began with the Tree Donation Program.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Ministry of Economy of Mexico alerted the public about false information that is being disseminated on behalf of the “Undersecretariat of Mining” and recalled that it no longer exists. Through a press release, the agency indicated that it has no relationship with the “Commission National Mining Reactivation and Sustainable Production Mexico 2021”, nor with the “Project for Reactivation and Sustainable Production”, nor with the “Guide to Good Operating Practices”, which is supposedly being prepared by the “Undersecretary of Mining of the Government of Mexico”. According to Article 243 of the Federal Criminal Code, the crime of falsifying public documents will be punishable by imprisonment from four to eight years.
- The Mexican Geological Service (SGM) and the Government of Hidalgo signed an agreement to join efforts on research and scienceto integrate a knowledge-creating system, for the benefit of future generations. Objectives are established to work together on two projects: Comarca Minera Geopark and LABChico: Mineral del Chico Underground Laboratory.
- Vizsla Silver Corp., presented results from the first four holes collared at the Josephine Vein within its Panuco project. Highlights include hole NP-21-132 with 2.16 g/t Au, 599 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 1% Zn (797 g/t AgEq) over 2.5m, including 12.4 g/t Au, 3,320 g/t Ag, 1.8% Pb, and 4.9% Zn (4,431 g/t AgEq) over 0.3m; and hole NP-21-139 with 3.4 g/t Au, 426 g/t Ag, 1% Pb, and 5.5% Zn (869 g/t AgEq) over 1.45m, including 3.91 g/t Au, 502 g/t Ag, 1.2% Pb, and 6.8% Zn (1,020 g/t AgEq) over 1.15m. “Drilling intersected veining of 90m strike, 190m depth where it remains open. Ground Electromagnetic (EM) has mapped the vein over 1.7 km”.
- Mithril Resources Ltd., released drilling result from its Copalquin property in Durango. Bonanza grade was intersected in hole CDH-077 collared at El Refugio Area with 80.3 g/t Au and 705 g/t Ag over 8.26m, including 106 g/t Au and 913 g/t Ag over 6.26m, including 837 g/t Au and 6,680 g/t Ag over 0.77m. Other high grade intercepts were encountered in hole CDH-075 with 13.8 g/t Au and 83 g/t Ag over 2.7m, plus 10.9 g/t Au and 364 g/t Ag over 4.25m, including 16.3 g/t Au and 414 g/t Ag over 2.65m, plus 1.02 g/t Au and 17 g/t Ag over 2m, plus 0.84 g/t Au and 35 g/t Ag over 4.5m; and hole CDH-076 with 0.93 g/t Au and 16 g/t Ag over 2.4m, plus 2.06 g/t Au and 95 g/t Ag over 5m, plus 0.86 g/t Au and 39 g/t Ag over 1m. Drilling results continue expanding the El Refugio structure down dip with high-grade and bonanza grade gold-silver intercepts.
- Alien Metals Ltd., provided an update on the review and planning for the next phase of exploration on its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas. Alien has received this property back from Capstone after ceasing their agreement. After reviewing all the exploration work carried out at Donovan 2, Alien concluded that the original high-priority targets identified by Alien prior to Capstone’s involvement remain untested. In the eastern area of Donovan 2 property, a north-south grid to collect 55 Metal Mobile Ion (MMI) surface geochemical samples has been designed and work has commenced. “The Company is finalizing an initial 4-to-6 hole program for about 800m to target the Los Alamos and Cerro de la Cruz targets once a review of the current drilling permit status is completed, the MMI results are received and reprocessing of the geophysics are completed to ensure the Company has used every available piece of data to maximize confidence in the drilling program”.
- Inomin Mines Inc., filed a NI43-101 technical report for its la Gitana project located in Oaxaca. La Gitana is an advance property where a substantial near-surface, low-sulphidation, epithermal gold-silver mineral system has been outlined. “Previous drilling programs at La Gitana in 2004 – 2006 by Chesapeake Gold Corp., intersected gold-silver mineralization in a core zone 400 to 500m long, 50 to 150m wide and 50 to 300m depth, with grades ranging from 0.25 to 27.8 g/t gold and 5 to 2,330 g/t silver”. The gold-silver mineralization is open to expansion to the southeast and at depth from drill-tested areas. Inomine plans to conduct a phase 2 drilling campaign and complete a preliminary resource estimation.
- Aura Minerals inc., reported Q2, 2021 production from its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. It produced 5,120 Oz Au, 84,263 Oz Ag, and 6.78M Lb Cu for a total of 22,590 GEO (Oz AuEq).
- First Majestic Silver Corp., reported Q2, 2021 production and financial results from their Mexican mine operations. The table below, shows mine by mine figures:
|Mine||Ore Processed||Tonnes per Day||Ag Grade (g/t)||Au Grade (g/t)||Ag Recovery||Au Recovery||Ag Oz Produced||Au Oz Produced||AgEq Oz produced|
- Altaley Mining Corporation presented Q2, 2021 production and financial results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The company milled 164.1K tonnes of 1.2 g/t Au, 129 g/t Ag, 1.1% Pb, and 4.5% Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 22%, 46%, 31%, and 74% respectively to produce 11.9K tonnes of Zn concentrate and 2.7K tonnes of Pb concentrate. Altaley reported revenues of USD $13.9M from the sale of Zn concentrates and USD $2.27M for the Pb concentrates for total revenue of USD $16.2M.
- Golden Minerals Company reported Q2, 2021 production results from its Rodeo mine in Durango. The company mined 164,954 tonnes from which it processed 49,552 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 78% and 83.9% respectively to produce 3,452 Oz Au and 11,225 Oz Ag (3,230 Oz AuEq).
- Great Panther Mining Limited announced Q2, 2021 production results from their Topia and Guanajuato Mine Complex located in Durango and Guanajuato respectively. At Topia, Durango, the company processed 15,520 tonnes of 432 g/t Ag, 1.07 g/t Au with metallurgical recoveries of 93.5% and 60.3% respectively, to produce 201,339 Oz Ag, 321 Oz Au, 799.7K Lb Pb, and 1.07M Lb Zn (3123K Oz AgEq or 3,674 Oz AuEq. At the Guanajuato Mine Complex, the company processed 40,477 tonnes of 118 g/t Ag and 1.58 g/t Au with metallurgical recoveries of 87.4% and 87.6% respectively, to produce 133K Oz Ag and 1,786 Oz Au (284.9K Oz AgEq or 3,352 Oz AuEq).
- Gold Resource Corporation released Q2, 2021 production results from its Arista mine in Oaxaca. The company milled 129,590 tonnes from Arista and El Aguila mines with grades of 1.91 g/t Au, 79 g/t Ag, 0.36% Cu, 1.6% Pb, and 3.6% Zn at Arista mine and 2.58 g/t Au and 47 g/t Ag at El Aguila to produced 5.7K Oz Au, 270.3K Oz Ag, 817.6K Lb Cu, 2.7M Lb Pb, and 7.15M Lb Zn.
- Magna Gold Corp., presented Q2, 2021 production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. It mined 1.23M tonnes of 0.43 g/t Au and processed 1.35M tonnes (all sources) of 0.49 g/t Au to produce 11.7K Oz Au and 8.4K Oz Ag. The company sold 11.8K Oz Au and 8.4K Oz Ag.
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported that it produced 1,300 Gold Equivalent Oz (GEOs) during Q2, 2021 at its El Gallo project, Sinaloa from residual leaching of the heap leach pad.
- Mexus Gold US announced that the company will be shipping approximately 1 tonne of activated carbon to USA for processing which is believed to contain 4K grams of Au.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd., granted stock options to certain directors, employees and consultants to purchase 757,800 common shares at an exercise price of $0.30 per share which expire on July 8, 2023 (El Chato project, Puebla).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., granted stock options to certain directors, employees and consultants to purchase 793,800 common shares at an exercise price of $0.11 per share which expire on July 8, 2023 (El Cobre project, Veracruz).
- Gatos Silver Inc., signed a definitive agreement to retire its attributable portion of the los Gatos JV term loan which is approximately $154.8M, and announced a public offering to sell shares of its common stock to raise funds to achieve a more cost-efficient capital structure, including the potential extinguishment of the Los Gatos Joint Venture’s term loan, and to create additional liquidity in Gatos Silver’s common stock. The company plans to offer 6,500,000 shares of common stock and for certain selling stockholders to offer 1.82M shares of common stock. In addition, Gatos Silver and the selling stockholders intend to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 975K and 273K additional shares of common stock, respectively, at the public offering price, less underwriting discounts and commissions (Los Gatos mine, Chihuahua).
- One World Lithium announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to CAD $2,025,000. It will allocate the net proceeds as follows: Salar del Diablo Lithium property southern and possible middle portion of the property drilling program CAD $750K; initial lab tests, design of and completing engineer design work for a pilot plant for the company’s critical fluid separation technology CAD $750K and CAD $525K for working capital.
- Riverside Resources Inc., informed that it is to receive USD $5.4M in exploration funding from BHP to advance four copper projects as part of the expanding copper exploration program with BHP in Sonora. The properties to advance are Chuin, Palofierro, Sinoquipe, and Peñitas. Chuin and Palofierro are drill-ready properties, and drilling permits are underway, while Sinoquipe and Peñitas will be subject to Magneto-Telluric surveys which are expected to commence after contractors are secured. This new funding of at least USD 5.4M is in addition to the USD $1.3M allocated for the next generative phase of exploration work, which began two months ago.
- Orla Mining Ltd., closed a non-broker prospectus financing for gross proceeds of USD $35M consisting of 9,085,263 common shares priced at CAD $4.75 per common share. Part of the net proceeds will be used for development activities and at its Camino Rojo Oxide Gold Project in Zacatecas, and for general corporate purposes.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Silver Corp., released results from 13 drill holes collared at its flagship Cordero project in Chihuahua. These results are part of the recently completed phase 1 drill program and are going to be incorporated in a new resource estimate in Q3, 2021 and PEA in Q4, 2021. Highlights include hole C21-457 with 1,570 g/t Ag, 16.25 g/t Au, 7% Pb, and 19% Zn (3,934 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m; hole C21-435 with 122 g/t Ag, 0.06 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (245 g/t AgEq) over 28.5m, including 1,960 g/t Ag, 0.32 g/t Au, 15.4% Pb, and 21.6% Zn (3,424 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m; hole C21-437 with 87 g/t Ag, 0.05 g/t Au, 0.9% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (157 g/t AgEq) over 58.8m, including 1,480 g/t Ag, 0.22 g/t Au, 13.1% Pb, and 20% Zn (2,789 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m; hole C21-436 with 1,385 g/t Ag, 0.49 g/t Ag, 7.5% Pb, and 10.9% Zn (2,139 g/t AgEq) over 1.4m; hole C21-435 with 385 g/t Ag, 1.15 g/t Au, 5.9% Pb, and 11.9% Zn (1,179 g/t AgEq) over 4.5m; and hole C21-459 with 420 g/t Ag, 0.32 g/t Au, 8.8% Pb, and 14.9% Zn (1,374 g/t AgEq) over 1.3m. In addition, “the company has completed 17,200 m (47 holes) as part of its Phase 2 drill program which will be ongoing through the remainder of the year. Phase 2 drilling will be focused on three key areas: (1) upgrading inferred resources for inclusion in a prefeasibility study; (2) resource expansion of bulk-tonnage mineralization; and (3) testing of the width, grade and continuity of the extensive high-grade vein systems that transect the deposit. There are currently four drill rigs operating on site”.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., announced results from the current ongoing drilling program at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. The most significant drill intercept was encountered in hole SM20-20 with 2.5 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, 0.5% Zn, and 0.03% Cu (161 g/t AgEq) over 30.7m, including 3.33 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, 0.8% Pb, 0.5% Zn, and 0.04% Cu (213 g/t AgEq) over 22.70m, including 5.61 g/t Au, 64 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, 0.9% Zn, and 0.06% Cu (353 g7t AgEq) over 11.60m, including 7.24 g/t Au, 80 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 1.1% Zn, and 0.07% Cu (453 g/t AgEq) over 7.24m. “The Company has now completed drill holes SM20-01 to SM20-24 for a total of approximately 6,500 meters of the increased 9,200 meter drill program drilled to date. Hole SM20-25 is currently in progress”.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., presented results from Phase 1 of the drill campaign, which is looking to add measured and indicated resources to its Avino mine in Durango. The most significant drill intersects on El Trompo Vein were encountered in holes TR-21-01 with 0.56 g/t Au, 177 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, and .7% Zn (577 g/t AgEq) over 0.95m; and hole TR-21-03 with 0.42 g/t Au, 276 g/t Ag, 0.1% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (322 g/t AgEq) over 2.75m. On the Santiago Vein, the most significant drill intercepts was encountered in hole ST-21-04 with 2.62 g/t Au, 643 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 0.3% Zn (865 g/t AgEq) over 0.8m. On the La Malinche Vein, the best drill intersects were encountered in hole LM-21-04 with 1.68 g/t Au, 252 g/t Ag, 1.17% Cu, 0.9% Pb, and 10.3% Zn (820 g/t AgEq) over 1.4m; and hole LM-21-06 with 1.56 g/t Au, 364 g/t Ag, 2.9% Cu, 0.7% Pb, and 0.06% Zn (786 g/t AgEq) over 0.90m.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released results from eleven drill holes collared at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Drilling highlights include hole LRGCS-21-047 collared at Casados Area with 0.76 g/t Au and 145 g/t Ag (2.71 g/t AuEq or 203 g/t AgEq) over 22.6m, including 4.31 g/t Au and 864 g/t Ag (15.84 g/t AuEq or 1,188 g/t AgEq) over 2m; and hole LRGCS-21-056 also collared at Casados Area with 0.96 g/t Au and 187 g/t Ag (3.45 g/t AuEq or 259 g/t AgEq) over 45.9m, including 6.17 g/t Au and 1,050 g/t Ag (20.17 g/t AuEq or 1,513 g/t AgEq) over 4.5m, including 13.01 g/t Au and 2,034 g/t Ag (40.12 g/t AuEq or 3,009 g/t AgEq) over 2m, including 19.87 g/t Au and 2,877 g/t Ag (58.23 g/t AuEq or 4,367 g/t AgEq).
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd., presented results from hole 21-58 drilled at a steep angle toward the southwest to test the top of the Fernandez Zone resource envelope within its San Diego property in Durango. This hole intersected 0.13 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, 1.7% Zn and 0.12% Cu (306 g/t AgEq) over a length of 6.55m, plus 0.14 g/t Au, 96 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 1.6% Zn, and 0.07% Cu (258 g/t AgEq) over 16.34 g/t AgEq, plus 0.04 g/t Au, 0.8% Pb, 0.8% Zn, and 0.06% Cu (111 g/t AgEq) over 191.57m. Future drilling will be designed to determine if the grade improvement can be extended to the west and at depth below hole 21-58.
- IMPACT Silver Corp., informed that it has completed phase 1 of the Veta Negra drilling program in the Zacualpan mining district, State of Mexico. The most significant drill intercept was encountered in hole Z21-05 with 187 g/t Ag0.98 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, and 2.5% Zn over 13.85m. “The Veta Negra vein system was mined historically as both an open pit and from underground. Two north-northwest trending parallel veins enclosed by stockwork mineralized host rock are currently being mined by IMPACT over widths averaging 14 metres in the open pit”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., hired Blue Coast Research to conduct metallurgical testing on its la Negra property in Sonora with the aim to further investigate the best recovery process for La Negra along the path towards an initial mineral resource estimate and a preliminary economic assessment (PEA).
- Prime Mining Corp., released drill results from the Noche Buena deposit within its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Highlights include hole 21NB-06 with 1.29 g/t Au and 61 g/t Ag over a true width (TW) of 28.9m , including5.74 g/t Au and 108 g/t Ag over a TW of 3.6m; hole 21NB-09 with 2.89 g/t Au and 62 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.4m, including 18 g/t Au and 209 g/t Ag over a TW of 1.2m; hole 21NB-08 with 1.23 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag over a TW of 8.9m, including 6.08 g/t Au and 91 g/t Ag over a TW of 0.9m; hole 21NB-10 with 0.7 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag over a TW of 15.6m, including 3.73 g/t Au and 109 g/t Ag over a TW of 0.9m; hole 21NB-05 with 0.77 g/t Au and 48 g/t Ag over a TW of 2.9m, including 2.67 g/t Au and 140 g/t Ag over a TW of 0.4m; hole 21NB-11 with 1 g/t Au and 18 g/t Ag over a TW of 5.2m;and hole 21NB-07 with 0.65 g/t Au and 21 g/t Ag over 10.4m. “The Noche Buena deposit remains open at depth and further along strike”.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., announced that it continue intersecting high grade mineralization at its El Tigre project in Sonora. Highlights from the ongoing drilling program include hole ET-21-231, collared at the Sooy Vein with 303 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.13% Cu, 0.8% Pb, and 0.7% Zn (369 g/t AgEq) over 10.8m, including 801 g/t Ag, 0.35 g/t Au, 0.71% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 2.8% Zn (2,063 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m, and 125 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 0.06% Cu, 0.5% Pb, and 0.7% Zn (180 g/t AgEq) over 21.9m, including 534 g/t Ag, 0.09 g/t Au, 0.2% Cu, 2.4% Pb, and 4% Zn (749 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m; and hole ET-21-235 collared at the Benjamin Vein with 89 g/t Ag, 0.1 g/t Au, 0.12% Cu, 0.8% Pb, and 1.1% Zn (161 g/t AgEq) over 6.3m, including 391 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.56% Cu, 3.6% Pb, and 4.4% Zn (686 g/t AgEq) over 1m.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- No relevant news.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Grupo México donated 8,000 native trees to Hermosillo, Sonora. The procedures to request the specimens began six months ago through the civil association Actions for a Better World by Karina López Ivich, who is the director and also climate leader of Climate Reality.
- The Government of Zacatecas along with representatives of the mining companies Fresnillo plc and Capstone Gold began with the Tree Donation Program. Mining companies settled in the entity, has set a goal of delivering 10 thousand trees with the commitment to plant them in suitable places, carry out the necessary care and maintenance and guarantee their survival.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a volcanic-hosted epithermal vein-breccia from a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.