TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX:SMT) (NYSE American:SMTS) (BVL:SMT) (“Sierra Metals” or the “Company”) announces today that it has entered into a new six-year senior secured corporate credit facility (“Corporate Facility”) with Banco de Credito del Peru (“BCP”) that provides funding of up to US$100 million effective March 8, 2019. The Corporate Facility provides the Company with additional liquidity and will provide the financial flexibility to fund future capital projects in Mexico as well as corporate working capital requirements. The Company will also use the proceeds of the new facility to repay existing debt balances in the near term.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 10th week of the year (March 4th to March 10th, 2019), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The cancellation of the Los Cardones project in Baja California Sur was announced by the president of Mexico. According to the Fraser Institute, Mexico climbed several positions on its ranking, although security and taxation remain dragging down its overall ranking. On PDAC’s Mexico Mining Day, the participation of Francisco Quiroga, Pedro Haces and the governors of Durango and Sinaloa left a bittersweet message, as an invitation for investment was mixed with the government impulse for community consultations, the reviewing of mining concessions, labor issues and environmental revisions. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Sonoro Metals commenced a second phase of RC drilling at its Cerro Caliche property. In Chihuahua, Radius Gold informed is working on a revised geological model of the previous drilling campaign as it prepares for the next at the Amalia project. In Durango and Veracruz. Chesapeake Gold is to focus its 2019 exploration program in properties near its flagship Metates project, and in the Tatatila project in Veracruz. ON MINING, Americas Silver, Avino Silver and Premier gold reported operating and/or financial results for the Q4 and full year 2018. ON FINANCING, Minera Alamos corrected a previous financing press release, Kootenay Silver increased the size of its placement to $7 M. McEwen Mining suspended distribution of its dividend. Mako Mining raised CAD$4.5 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mag Silver reported on 46,000 m of drilling and the discovery of a new vein trend at Juanicipio, in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Oroco informed on the status of legal actions regarding its intention to acquire the Santo Tomás project in Sinaloa. Alio Gold changed CEO and Great Panther Silver Ltd. changed its name to Great Panther Mining Ltd. as it diversifies into gold mining.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Durango and Sinaloa governors, Jose Rosas Aispuro and Quirino Ordaz, respectively, attended the PDAC convention in Toronto, looking to strengthen the ties with Canadian companies and promote investment in the local mining sector.
- The president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, announced the cancellation of the Los Cardones open pit mining project in Baja California Sur (on the bright side, the cancellation could be the result of negotiations with the project owner, which has multiple government contracts in other industries. On the other hand, the president said he took the decision because he has the authority to do so).
- The Fraser institute released its annual survey on mining jurisdictions of the World, Mexico climbed several positions to reach the 29th on the ranking, from the 44th on the previous year. Our Latin American competitors on the foreign investment race, Chile and Peru, also raised to the 6th (from the 8th) and 14th (from the 91th) position respectively. The categories on which Mexico can improve significantly are: “Disputed Land Claims” (58th position), “Socioeconomic Agreements/Community Development” (59th position), “Labor Regulations” (58th position), Security (80th position, regrettably) and “Taxation Regime” (71st position, just 13th places from the bottom). To download the report: https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/annual-survey-of-mining-companies-2018.pdf.
- In PDAC, Francisco Quiroga, undersecretary of Mining on the Secretaría de Economía (Ministry of Economy) asked Canadian mining companies to accept public consultations to avoid harmful effects on society and the environment. He also solicited fiscal observance, environmental protection and human rights respect by the companies to avoid the closure of mines. He offered an administrative simplification to miners by the implementation of a sole attention desk to reduce paperwork.
- Also in PDAC, and during the Mexico Mining Day, Pedro Haces Barba (Morena senator) stated that Canada is a strategic partner on the mining sector. He expressed the Congress and Senate support to stimulate the development of the industry, giving form to a legal framework in the leading edge, with the participation of experts, producers, environmentalists, workers and all other involved. Haces also stressed the compromise to impulse significant changes to the mining law to benefit from the sustainable exploitation of natural resources in pace with the regional dynamics and global challenges.
- Radius Gold Inc. informed on the review and re-logging of five holes drilled to test the Campamento structural corridor (now called San Pedro) at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Only the deepest hole intercepted the structure within the lower volcanic group andesitic rocks, returning 26 m @7.1 gpt Au, 517 gpt Ag, including 5 m @ 14.7 gpt Au, 517 gpt Ag. Access agreements with landowners have been secured, and a new environmental permit has been applied for the second drill stage. Pan American Silver is funding the project with Radius as the operator.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. commenced the phase two drilling campaign at its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. This 4-month program is to consist of approximately 5,000 m of reverse circulation drilling. The goal is to enlarge the gold mineralization inventory, test deeper zones and extend the high-grade gold intercept at El Colorado zone, which returned 12.2 m @ 11.21 gpt Au. If results support it, a phase 3 drilling campaign of approximately 7,000 m of infill drilling will follow. “The Company anticipates that it will commission and publish an NI 43-101 technical report, including an initial resource estimate, within two months”.
- Chesapeake Gold Corp. informed this year its exploration programs will focus on the under-explored region of its Metates project in Durango. At Crisy, close to Metates, a quartz breccia and stockwork that runs for over 2 km hosted in shales, produced 24 m @ 1.5 gpt Au; 13 m @ 1.1 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag; 4 m @ 2.5 gpt Au, 49 gpt Ag, in channel samples. At Cerro Pelon, Durango, a 3 km long, 750 m wide zone of epithermal veins and stockworks returned 40 m @ 42 gpt, 0.2 gpt Au; 25 m @ 57 gpt Ag; 15 m @ 1.0 gpt Au in surface sampling. At San Javier, Durango, “Silver mineralization is hosted within clay altered sandstone, mudstone and local intrusive dikes and has been traced continuously on surface for over 500 meters. Previous samples returned 60 meters of 71 g/t silver and 0.6% lead. In January, a trench channel sample collected 200 meters further along strike returned 25 meters of 46 g/t silver and 0.5% lead”. At Yarely, Sinaloa, A channel sample returned 30 m @ 1.6 gpt Au, 38 gpt Ag, on quartz breccias and stockworks associated to a rhyolite flow-dome complex. At Tatatila, in Veracruz, skarn bodies developed along the contact of intrusive dikes and sills and older limestones returned 2 m @ 28.9 gpt Au, 0.5% Zn; 6 m @ 0.4 gpt Au, 5.6% Zn; 2 m @ 0.14 gpt Au, 65 gpt Ag, 2.3% Pb, 3.1% Zn.
- Americas Silver Corp. reported consolidated financial and operational results for the fourth quarter and full year 2018. The company had a revenue of $68.4 M from its operations in Mexico and the USA, without entering in details by unit (Cosalá Complex, Sinaloa).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. announced consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and year 2018. During the year revenues were $34.1 M from 708.8 K tonnes milled to produce 1.28 M Oz Ag, 8,092 Oz Au, 4.81 M Lb Cu or 2.86 M Oz AgEq, at cash cost $9.63 and AISC $10.67 (Avino, San Gonzalo mines, Durango).
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. released operating results for Q4 and full year 2018, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Mercedes, in Sonora, during the last three months of the year 183.1 K tonnes were milled @ 3.96 gpt Au, 44.8 gpt Ag, recovering 96.3% Au and 45.2% Ag, to produce 22,465 Oz Au, 119 K Oz Ag. For the year, 665.5 K tonnes were milled @ 3.34 gpt Au, 35.3 gpt Ag, recovering 96% Au, 40.9% Ag to produce 68,719 Oz Au, 309.2 K Oz Ag. By product cash cost and AISC were $609 and $795 per Au Oz, respectively. “Exploration drilling continued during the fourth quarter with 1,972 meters completed for a total drilling of 40,721 meters for the year”.
- Minera Alamos Inc. issued a correction to its previous press release, where it stated $4.93 M of gross proceeds on a non-brokered placement. In fact, Minera Alamos raised aggregate proceeds of $4.99 M, paying $280 K in commissions (La Fortuna, Durango; Santana, Sonora).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. increased the size of its non-brokered private placement, originally for gross proceeds of $2.5 M, to $7 M (La Negra, Sonora; La Cigarra, Chihuahua).
- McEwen Mining Inc. suspended the distribution of its dividend, stating lower revenues from operating issues at a couple of mines as the cause (El Gallo, Sinaloa).
- Mako Mining Corp. closed its non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD$4.5 M (Trinidad, Sinaloa)
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mag Silver Corp. reported on results from a 48-hole diamond drilling program with a total of 46,060 m completed in late 2018 at the Juanicipio JV property (Fresnillo PLC 56% / Mag Silver 44%), designed to expand and infill the wide high-grade deep zone mineral resource. The program confirmed continuity to depth of high-grade mineralization in the East and West Valdecañas vein deep zones and in the Anticipada vein, discovering the new Pre-Anticipada vein in the hangingwall above the system. Highlighted intercepts include 11.6 m @ 783 gpt Ag, 2.57 gpt Au, 6.5% Pb, 9.5% Zn, 0.32% Cu at the deep west zone; 6.3 m @ 246 gpt Ag, 1.78 gpt Au, 7.2% Pb, 11.6% Zn, 0.40% Cu at the deep zone east; 6.2 m @ 275 gpt Ag, 4.02 gpt Au, 7.3% Pb, 9.2% Zn at the Anticipada vein; 3.2 m @ 472 gpt Ag, 0.31 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.4% Zn, 0.03% Cu at the Pre-Anticipada vein.
- Mag Silver Corp. announced the discovery of the northeast trending Venadas vein at the Juanicipio property in Zacatecas. The vein was inferred from the alignment of fifteen previously unconnected intercepts before being cut in an underground development working as a 1.1 m vein @ 116 gpt Ag, 3.16 gpt Au. The first hole designed to test the Venadas vein cut 3.0 m (core length) @ 392 gpt Ag, 5.54 gpt Au. “Venadas is the first ever mineralized vein in the overall Fresnillo District oriented at a high angle to the historically mined NW oriented veins. Notably, other much larger NE structures with intense surface alteration are known farther afield within the Juanicipio property and are now priority exploration targets. None have ever been directly drilled.”
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Oroco Resource Corp. informed on the legal actions being taken to acquire interest in the Santo Tomás project in Sinaloa. “At present, the following initiatives, amongst others, are expected to validate and maintain the status quo of the titles and eventually remove any unwarranted ownership claims to the Santo Tomas Concessions as are currently being made by Aztec Copper Inc., an Arizona company, and its Mexican subsidiary, Prime Aztec Mexicana S.A de C.V.” (Santo Tomas, Sinaloa).
- Alio Gold Inc. informed its chief executive officer, Greg McCunn is resigning to pursue other opportunities. The board of directors appointed Mark Backens as CEO, position which he has served previously on an interim basis (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. completed the acquisition of Beadell Resources Ltd., owner of the Tucano mine in Brazil, with 1.3 M Oz Au in reserves. As part of the evolution in strategy, the company name has been changed to Great Panther Mining Ltd (Topia, Durango).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, weathered intrusive rock with oxidized quartz-sulphide veinlets in a Michoacán project. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER , 20 de febrero de 2019 / CNW / – Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ: PAAS) (TSX: PAAS) (“Pan American”, o la “Compañía”) reportaron hoy sus reservas y recursos minerales al 31 de diciembre. 2018 . Se estima que las reservas minerales de Pan American contienen aproximadamente 280 millones de onzas de plata y 1.7 millones de onzas de oro.
Toronto (February 8, 2019) – Palamina Corp. announces that it has amended certain terms of its non-brokered private placement previously disclosed in a press release dated January 31, 2019. The offering, as amended, is hereinafter referred to as the Amended Offering.
Vancouver, October 11, 2018–Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI) is pleased to reportproduction results for the third quarter of 2018 from its two operating mines in Latin America, the San Jose Mine in Mexico and the Caylloma Mine in Peru. The Company produced 2.2 million ounces of silver and 12,542 ounces of gold, plus base metal by-products. Silver and gold production for the first nine months totaled 7.0 million ounces and 42,140 ounces respectively; being 13 percent and 16 percent above the Company´s nine month projection. Fortuna is on schedule to produce 8.3 million ounces of silver and 48.3 thousand ounces of gold or 11.4 million Ag Eq1 ounces in 2018 in accordance with our production guidance (see Fortuna news release dated January 17, 2018).
rhythmically banded quartz vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 35th week of the year (August 27th to September 2nd, 2018), at least 18 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven informing on exploration results, five announcing financing issues, four communicating deals and corporate issues, one reporting production results, and one reporting on resources and developments. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure reported that project operator Teck Resources commenced its second drilling campaign on the El Alacrán project; Minaurum acquired two additional mineral concessions at its Alamos Silver project and discovered three new veins; Ridgestone commenced a 1,400m drilling program at its Rebeico project; and Riverside provided an exploration update of its Mexican projects portfolio. In Chihuahua, Harvest approved the budget to drill its Cerro Cascaron project, and Radius mobilized a drill team to explore its Amalia project. In Sinaloa, Goldplay reported historical core sampling results from its San Marcial project. ON MINING, Santacruz reported Q2 2018 results from their Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and the El Rosario project in San Luis Potosi. ON FINANCING, Evrim closed a private placement for $7,272,601.50. Prize closed the first tranche of a private placement for $1,530.000. Vangold announced a non-brokered private placement for up to $500,000. Sable launched an early warrant exercise incentive program to exercise warrants exercisable for common shares. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Endeavour updated mineral reserves and resource estimates and a PFS on its Terronera project in Jalisco. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silver Viper terminated its option agreement on the Clemente project in Sonora with Riverside. Ethos Gold entered into an option agreement to acquire a contiguous claim to its la Purisima project in Chihuahua. Santacruz amended the Contracuña option and a short-term loan agreement. Endeavour announced an initiative to reduce capital and operating costs.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Azure Minerals Limited, announced that Teck Resources commenced its second drilling campaign on the El Alacrán project in Sonora. Two diamond drill rigs have been mobilized to carry out a 5,000m program with the objective to test high priority drill targets including Cerro Alacrán (porphyry Cu target) and Cerro Simon (epithermal Au-Ag target).
- Minaurum Gold Inc., acquired the 10,159 Ha La Quintera claim and the 400 Ha Yoreme claim to expand its land package to 16,134 Ha at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. Three new veins have been discovered on the Yoreme concession measuring between 900m to 1,800m long. Vein sampling returned from anomalous up to 250 g/t Ag, 1.29% Cu, 4.74% Pb, and 1.99% Zn. “With the newly found Yoreme veins, we have outlined a vein swarm of 12 prominent and separate veins within an overall corridor measuring 10 km long and 2.7 km wide at Alamos.” stated Darrell Rader, President and CEO of Minaurum. “The new claims not only triple the size of our holdings but also ensure that we control the strike of all known veins, greatly expanding the impressive untested exploration potential at Alamos.”
- Ridgestone Mining Inc., commenced a 1,400m diamond drill program at its Rebeico Au-Cu project in Sonora. The drilling program has the aim to test for Au-Cu mineralization below historical workings along the Alaska vein which has a strike length of over 1km and is open at depth.
- Riverside Resources Inc., provided an exploration update of its projects portfolio. At its Cecilia project in Sonora, the company is conducting a soil survey sampling covering the larger surrounding concession acquired through the Mexican lottery system last year. Riverside also announced that Silver Viper Minerals Corp terminated its option on the Clemente project in Sonora and is currently compiling all the new information. It is also refining targets on its three copper assets in Sonora: Thor, Ariel and El Teco.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, approved the drill program budget submitted by Evrim Resources Corp., for the diamond drill program at its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. The drill program will consists of 3,000m in 15 holes to cover seven target areas and is expected to initiate in late September.
- Radius Gold Inc., mobilized a drill team to explore its Amalia project in Chihuahua. The 2,000m drill program will be conducted by Pan American Silver and is expected to commence in September on multiple drill targets, including Campamento target, a 500m by 70m zone of intense silicification and brecciation with massive and stockwork veining; Guadalupe target, a high-grade andesite hosted structurally controlled breccia zone, and Dulces target, a poorly exposed vein within an extensive area of argillic altered andesite volcanics and related Au in soil anomaly.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., reported sampling results of the historical core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa and confirms open pit target near surface with 46m of 129 g/t Ag Eq, including 7.5m of 379 g/t Ag Eq, and 1.5m of 1,079 g/t Ag Eq.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q2 2018 results from its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and the El Rosario project in San Luis Potosi. 52,025 tones were processed during Q2 2018 to produce 52K Oz Ag at a production cost of $66.12 per tonne.
- Evrim Resources Corp., closed a private placement with Newmont Canada Corporation for $7,272,601.50. Proceeds from the private placement will provide funding for the Cuale high sulphidation epithermal gold project in Jalisco, Mexico and for general corporate purposes.
- Prize Mining Corporation, closed the first tranche of a brokered private placement for $1,530,000. Net proceeds will be used on its Manto Negro project in Coahuila.
- Vangold Mining Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement financing for up to $500,000. Net proceeds will be used to advance its Pinguino mine project in Guanajuato.
- Sable Resources Ltd., launched an early warrant exercise incentive program to encourage the early exercise of up to 27,205,500 of its outstanding unlisted warrants exercisable for common shares at a price of $0.25.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp., updated mineral reserves and resource estimates and a PFS on its Terronera project in Jalisco. Indicated resources are 4,363,000 tonnes of 239 g/t Ag and 2.53 g/t Au for a total of 33.4M Oz Ag and 354K oz Au. Inferred resources are 1,073,000 tonnes of 252 g/t Ag and 2.38 g/t Au for a total of 8.8M Oz Ag and 82K Oz Au. Probable reserves are 4,701,000 tonnes of 226 g/t Ag and 2.28 g/t Au for a total of 33.8M Oz Ag and 342K Oz Au. The company also disclosed results of the PFS. Highlights include a mine life of 9.5 years with average annual production of 5.1M Oz Ag Eq in phase 2 (year 3 and onwards); a cash cost of $0.15 per Oz Ag, net of Au by-product credits and all in sustaining cost of $1.36 per Oz Ag, net of Au by-product credits, and a robust economics including an after-tax 5% NPV of $117.8M (51% increase from 2017 PFS), an Internal Rate of Return of 23.5% and Payback period of 5.4 years.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., terminated its option agreement on the Clemente project in Sonora with Riverside Resources Inc.
- Ethos Gold Corp., entered into an option agreement to acquire an 897 Ha contiguous claim to its la Purisima project in Chihuahua. The company can acquire the 100% interest of the property at any time during the 10 years following closing of the option agreement by paying the property owner staged payments for US$550,000 and granting a 2% NSR royalty on the property of which the company can purchase 50% at any time by paying US$ 1M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., amended the option agreement with the Contracuña group of companies to acquire 100% ownership of the Veta Grande mine and milling facilities as well as the Minillas project in Zacatecas. Santacruz also amended the repayment terms of the US$2.3M short-term loan it has with a private Bolivian mining company. Pursuant to the amended terms the principal balance of US$2.3 million is now to be repaid in October 1, 2018
- Endeavour Silver Corp., announced an initiative to reduce capital and operating costs due to the drop in precious metal prices this quarter. The exploration group will cease all drilling activities and will be focused on preparing new resource estimates and planning for 2019 to resume their drilling programs. The development group working on Terronera project in Jalisco has delayed hiring for certain positions and will not commence already permitted earthworks on the roads and plant site until receipt of final government permits for the mine dumps and plant tailings. It also conducted a review of possible short-term improvements to increase revenue and decrease costs at each of their mines to year-end.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a rhythmically banded quartz vein in a low sulphidation epithermal project in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Toronto, ON – June 4, 2018 – Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or “the Company”) hereby announces the voting results from the Company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
Toronto, Ontario, May 30, 2018 – Camrova Resources Inc. (“Camrova” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: CAV; OTC: BAJFF) announces that it has closed the non-brokered private placement (the ”Private Placement”) of units (the “Units”) of the Company at a price of Cdn. $0.08 per Unit, issuing an aggregate of 2,830,000 Units to raise gross proceeds of Cdn $ 226,400. Each Unit consists of one common share (a “Common Share”) of the Company and one common share purchase warrant (a “Warrant”). Each
Warrant is exercisable into one Common Share (a “Warrant Share”) for a period of 24 months from closing at Cdn. $0.15 per Warrant Share, provided, however, that in the event the volume-weighted average price of the Common Shares on the TSX Venture Exchange for any 20 consecutive trading days equals or exceeds Cdn. $0.30, the Company may, upon providing written notice to the holders of Warrants, accelerate the expiry date of the Warrants to the date that is 30 days following the date of such
VANCOUVER, April 26, 2018 /CNW/ – PanAmerican SilverCorp. (NASDAQ:PAAS; TSX:PAAS) (“PanAmerican”, or the”Company”) willannounceits unaudited results for thefirst quarter of 2018 on Wednesday, May 9, 2018,after marketclose. Its Annual Generaland Special Meeting of Shareholders will be held thesame day beginning at 6:00 pmET (3:00 pmPT).
Vancouver, April 25, 2018 – GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) (“Goldcorp” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on its 2018 exploration program. Representative drill results are provided below; website links to further information including full drill results, drill coordinates, quality assurance and quality control information and relevant diagrams are provided at the end of each section.