VANCOUVER, BC – November 29, 2018 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that SSR Mining Inc. (“SSR”) has agreed to purchase 8,220,645 common shares of the Company at a price of $3.73 per share for a total investment of $30,663,006 in a non-brokered private placement financing. After giving effect to the private placement, SSR will own 9.9% of the outstanding common shares of SilverCrest on a non-diluted basis. The private placement is expected to close on or about December 7, 2018, subject to receipt of necessary regulatory approvals. The common shares issued to SSR upon closing of the private placement will have a statutory hold period of four months and one day from the closing date. The Company will use the proceeds from the private placement for the exploration and development of the Las Chispas Project and related costs.
TORONTO, Nov. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX:SMT)(BVL:SMT)(NYSE American:SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or the “Company”) today reported revenue of $53.0 million and adjusted EBITDA of $18.2 million on throughput of 566,194 tonnes and metal production of 4.5 million silver equivalent ounces, 23.6 million copper equivalent pounds, and 57.9 million zinc equivalent pounds for the three month period ended September 30, 2018.
Tamino Minerals, Inc. ( OTC PINK : TINO ) is pleased to update its shareholders and followers on the exploration program and direct investment funding initiatives.
Tamino Minerals is actively working with its geologists to start the exploration program on 2 of our Mining Exploration Projects. The programs are expected to begin during Q3 2018 and last approximately 6 months.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alio Gold Inc. (TSX, NYSE AMERICAN: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell non-core assets, located 40 kilometers south of the Company’s Florida Canyon Mine in Nevada to Coeur Rochester, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coeur Mining, Inc. (“Coeur”) (NYSE: CDE). The assets include those comprising the Lincoln Hill Project, Wilco Project, Gold Ridge Property and other nearby claims. Under the terms of the definitive agreement, the Company will receive total consideration of $19 million upon closing of the transaction (the “Transaction”), payable in shares of Coeur common stock (the “Consideration Shares”) valued based on a volume-weighted average stock price for the five (5) trading day period ending on the third trading day preceding the closing.
Banded quartz epithermal vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 37th week of the year (September 10th to September 16th, 2018), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with ten informing on exploration results, six reporting on resources and developments, four communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing production results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Riverside and Kootenay announced exploration results from its Cecilia and La Mina projects respectively. In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold began preparations to drill test its Cerro Cascaron project and Sable Resources released drilling results from its Margarita project. In Sinaloa, Auxico reported sampling results from its Zamora project In Durango, Gainey announced a 1st phase of exploration at its Las Margaritas project, Orex commenced fieldwork exploration on its San Luis del Cordero project, and Prospero reported drilling results from its Buenavista project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold started a phase 2 drilling program at its Tabasquena project. In Jalisco, Evrim announced trench and soil results from its Cuale project. ON MINING, Starcore reported Q1 2018 results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. US Antimony announced plans to increase its production of Sb, Au and Ag in Mexico. ON FINANCING, no relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, In Sonora, SilverCrest and Premier Gold released drilling results from its Las Chispas and Mercedes projects respectively. Aura provided an update at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Candelaria announced a PEA for its Pinos Gold project in Zacatecas. McEwen reported that hopes to add 12 years of mine life at its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim and First Majestic agreed to exercise the Ermitaño and Cumobabi option agreements in Sonora. New Gold announced the appointment of its new President and CEO (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi). Levon announced results from its annual general meeting (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Vangold withdrew its submission to acquire the San Carlos property in Guanajuato (El Pinguico mine, Guanajuato).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed 11 N-S lines for soil sampling which returned strong multi-elements anomalies with Au, Pb, Cu, and other key elements. These results along with previous exploration work have outlined four new target areas on its Cecilia project in Sonora. Target 1 is a 4km long by 300m wide target where previous rock sampling has found up to 2 g/t Au in silicified conglomerates , but the soil anomaly is open in both directions beyond the 4 Km and more than 800m wide. Target 2 is a NE trending Ag, Pb, Au, Zn, Sb, Hg and Cu soil anomaly over 2km long and 600m wide in rock cracks with faults and host veining displaying a series of NW striking feeder dikes. Target 3 is a 1km long by 500m wide Au-Zn with minor Ag, Cu, Pb and Bi soil anomaly associated to a N-S trending fault system intersecting Paleozoic limestones. This target is also along the border edge of a magnetic high reported in a regional government geophysics survey likely associated with Pre Cambrian granitic basement. Target 4 contains “high-grade gold samples in soils and alteration with jasperoid, silicification, and carbonate veining of the Paleozoic limestone that gives a potential limestone hosted Au with anomalous soil assays of Zn, Pb, Ag and Mn”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced that its partner Capstone Mining Corp., has commenced an exploration program on its la Mina project in Sonora. The exploration program will consists of detailed mapping and rock chip / stream sediment sampling to generate potential drill targets.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, reported that Evrim Resources, its JV partner and operator on its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua, has mobilized an advance team to the site to start preparations to drill test the property. The drill program, expected to commence at the end of September, will consist of 3,000 m to test the Cascaron Gold targets and the Cascarita Silver targets.
- Sable Resources, released drilling results from its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Significant intersections are from hole M-DDH-18-09 with 6.5m of 111 g/t Ag Eq, including 3.5m of 153 g/t Ag; hole M-DDH-18-11 with 11.3m of 252 g/t Ag Eq, including 1.3m of 889 g/t Ag Eq; hole M-DDH-18-12 with 12.7m of 98 g/t Ag Eq, including 1.8m of 244 g/t Ag Eq. Additionally, Sable identified a low-grade stockwork style of mineralization evident in numerous holes. The most significant results are hole M-DDH-18-03 with 44.13m of 50 g/t Ag Eq, including 6.95m of 142 g/t Ag Eq; hole M-DDH-18-07 with 7.6m of 54 g/t Ag Eq, and hole M-DDH-18-12 with 21.35m of 37 g/t Ag Eq. “With the first stage of drilling now complete we will evaluate our results and formulate a plan for stage 2 drilling targeting further extensions of Margarita and the other adjacent parallel veins”.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., reported high-grade sampling results from its Zamora project in Sinaloa. Significant results are 0.80m of 4Kg Ag and 29.2 g/t Au at La Franca claim, 600m southwest of the Campanillas mine along a structure that can be followed by at least 600m along strike. Mineralization consists of breccia-stockwork veining containing galena, sphalerite and possible silver sulphosalts, malachite and chalcopyrite. Other significant results are from Aguamas area where some channel samples returned 0.65m of 6.38 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag; 0.70m of 14.7 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag; 0.50m of 3.55 g/t Au and 108.7 g/t Ag; and 1.60m of 6.64 g/t Au and 220 g/t Ag.
- Gainey Capital Corp., announced a phase 1 exploration program on its Las Margaritas project in Durango. Las Margaritas is a mineralized vein system that extends at least 1.5Km along strike and averages 1-2m in width. The 1st phase exploration program will consists of detailed mapping and sampling with the objective to identify prospective areas to generate the best drill targets.
- Orex Minerals Inc., commenced an exploration program on its San Luis del Cordero project in Durango, where the company has an option to acquire 100% interest in the property from Exploraciones del Altiplano S.A. de C.V. Mineralization at San Luis del Cordero is characterized by skarn and epithermal vein Ag-Cu-Zn as a result of Tertiary-quartz-feldspar-porphyry intrusions affecting Jurassic and Cretaceous limestones, calcareous sandstones and shales. The project has seen several phases of exploration from different mining companies, including 16,400m drilled in 62 holes in the period 2000-2016. The property contains indicated resources of 662.6K tonnes of 121 g/t Ag, 0.78 % Cu and 1.1 % Zn for a total of 5.1M Oz Ag Eq, and inferred resources of 2, 785,300 tonnes of 144 g/t Ag, 0.75 % Cu and 1.45 % Zn, for a total of 24.4 M Oz Ag Eq.
- Prospero Silver Corp., reported core drilling results from eleven holes totaling 2, 811m drilled at its Buenavista project in Durango. Mineralization drilled-tested at Buenavista consists of structurally controlled epithermal veins centered on a rhyolite dome complex. “All holes cut anomalous silver mineralization, with a best interval of 1.6m @ 353g/t Ag from 185.6m downhole, within a broader interval of 49m @ 43g/t Ag in hole BVF-18-05”.
- Advance Gold Corp., started a second phase drilling program at its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas to test the La Tabasquena epithermal vein at a depth of 1,800m. Phase 2 will test below the gold discovery hole of phase 1. It also will test some of the potential feeder type targets and all of the veins below the oxide zone which goes down to an estimated 175 metres below surface.
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced new trench and soil results from its Cuale project in Jalisco. Highlight results include the trench 2 which was extended from 29.4m to 184.1m with an average grade of 0.85 g/t Au, including 59.1m of 1.79 g/t Au, and including 21.6m of 4.18 g/t Au; Trench 4 , extended from 106.2m to 156.2m with an average grade of 9.57 g/t Au, including 64.6m of 20.85 g/t Au, and including 7.5m of 163.31 g/t Au; and Trench 5 which contains 174m of 0.62 g/t Au, including 70m of 1.16 g/t Au, and including 40m of 1.45 g/t Au. A soil grid with 200 metre spacing outlined a Au anomaly over the entire La Gloria prospect with grades >0.01 g/t Au of 2,300m by 800m with a central corridor of 1,700m by 300m >0.1 g/t Au extending north of the trenched area. “The soil anomaly at higher elevation correlates with elevated silver, antimony, molybdenum, arsenic and low contents of manganese and zinc. At lower elevations gold correlates with elevated copper, tellurium, arsenic, bismuth and iron”. “The new trench results expand the La Gloria zone to the northwest and the east with consistent gold mineralization. Soil sampling indicates the La Gloria system footprint is measurably larger with the potential to host a significant deposit and/or additional mineralized centers within the La Gloria prospect”. “The soil survey has a distinctive high sulphidation signature centred on a large gold in soil anomaly that is approximately 2,300 metres by 800 metres. The results indicate a potential major system with significant upside for additional mineralized centers within the La Gloria prospect.”
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., reported Q21 2018 results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Starcore milled 77,400 tonnes of 1.53 g/t Au and 49 g/t Ag to produce 3.3K Oz Au and 72.7K Oz Ag, with an all-in sustaining cost of US$ 1,215 for Eq Oz. Metallurgical recoveries were 88.1% for Au and 59.6% for Ag.
- US Antimony Corporation, produced 131,184 Lb Sb and 1,244 short tonnes of zeolites in August 2018 and announced plans to increase its production of Sb, Au and Ag in Mexico. At its Wadley mine in San Luis Potosi, the general level will be reactivated by cleaning up the waste to provide access and transportation of the lower grade for the mill. At Sierra Guadalupe in Zacatecas, the Santa Monica drift will be restarted. The ore is primarily sulphides and can be upgraded to 60-70% Sb flotation concentrate at its Puerto Blanco Mill to make antimony tri-sulphide. At the Soyatal district in Queretaro, a buying program will be started to purchase direct shipping ore for its Madero smelter. The construction of the cyanide leach plant for the Los Juarez Au-Ag-Sb should allow pilot testing to commence during Q4 2018. The company also closed an agreement purchase, dismantle and transport an antimony plant from Reynosa, Tamaulipas. When installed, the equipment from the Reynosa plant will increase the capacity of the Madero Smelter in Coahuila to approximately 30,000,000 Lb per year of antimony oxide.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora and expanded the high grade at Babicanora Norte vein. Drill holes have intersected additional high-grade Ag-Au mineralization at Babicanora Norte vein which is located about 300m NE of Babicanora vein and apparently is connected with the Granaditas area which contains multiple veins to the southeast. The most significant results are 1.8 m of 15.11 g/t Au and 1,718 g/t Ag or 2,851 g/t Ag Eq, 1.6 m of 8.96 g/t Au and 1,078 g/t Ag or 1,750 g/t Ag Eq and 1.5 m of 4.22 g/t Au and 687 g/t Ag or 1 Kg Ag Eq. The drilling results of Babicanora Norte vein will be part of the upcoming updated resource which will include 8 of the 30 identified veins in the district.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, reported drilling results from the Rey de Oro deposit at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Highlights results include hole UG-R018-013 which returned 12.64 g/t Au and 240.1 g/t Ag across 29.65 m (TW of 13.5 m), hole UG-R018-015 with 0.41 g/t Au and 3120.0 g/t Ag (91.0 oz/ton) across 1.52 m (TW of 1.06 m), and hole UG-R018-012 with 17.00 g/t Au and 321.0 g/t Ag across 1.1 m (TW of 0.8 m) and 4.47 g/t Au and 138.5 g/t Ag across 8.25 m (TW of 6.1 m). “Underground drilling at Rey de Oro consists of step-out and delineation drilling of this recently developed horizon. This drilling continues to intersect some of the widest vein intercepts on the property and demonstrate the potential to continue to extend the mine life at Mercedes”.
- Aura Minerals Inc., provided an update at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Aura has obtained all the necessary permits and initiated the construction of the new tailings disposal system. “The Company expects the Aranzazu mine to achieve commercial production later this year and to achieve the average processing of 2,600 tonnes per day shortly thereafter”.
- Candelaria Mining Corp., announced a PEA for its Pinos Gold project in Zacatecas. Highlight results from the PEA indicate an after tax net present value (NPV) of US$ 12M using a 5% discount rate, an after tax internal rate return (IRR) of 25%, and a 7 years life of mine with projected gold equivalent ounce (“GEO”) production of 89,000. The PEA includes a mineral resource estimate as of September 13, 2018. Measured resources (Dump) are 85,847 tonnes of 1.6 g/t Au and 83 g/t Ag for a total of 4,444 Oz Au and 229K Oz Ag. Indicated resources are 175,697 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 47 g/t Ag for a total of 20.6K Oz Au and 268K Oz Ag. Inferred resources are 529,267 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 48 g/t Ag for a total of 60.7K Oz Au and 811K Oz Ag. Average recovery for Au and Ag are 90 and 80% respectively. The company plans to have an annual production of 12,700 GEO with an overall average direct cash cost of %US 666 per GEO.
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported that hopes to add 12 years of mine life at its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa, combining mineralized sources from five locations that will be developed in two distinct process plant construction phases. McEwen plans to produce 47K Oz Au Eq per year.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., announced plans to start the mine construction on its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. $US 420M will be invested in the first phase and is expected to begin to operate in 2020.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., and First Majestic Silver Corp., agreed to exercise the Ermitaño and Cumobabi option agreements in Sonora. First Majestic has completed its 100% earn-in for both projects. First Majestic has paid $1.5M in cash to Evrim and has granted a 2% NSR in the case of Ermitaño project and 1.5% NSR in the case of Cumobabi project.
- New Gold Inc., announced the appointment of its new President and CEO (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi).
- Levon Resources Ltd., released results from its annual general meeting (Cordero project, Chihuahua).
- Vangold Mining Corp., withdrew its submission to the TSX Venture Exchange to acquire the San Carlos property in Guanajuato.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a banded quartz vein in an intermediate sulphidation epithermal project in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
September 10, 2018. Thompson Falls, Montana. United States Antimony Corporation (“USAC”, NYSE American “UAMY”) reported major plans to increase the production of antimony, gold and silver from Mexico.
Vancouver, BC — Orex Minerals Inc. — (TSXV: REX — OTCQX: ORMNF) (“Orex”), is pleased to announce that fieldwork has commenced on the San Luis del Cordero Project in Durango, Mexico. This project is a skarn and epithermal vein hosted silver-copper-zinc district, located 155 kilometres northeast of the City of Durango in the Mesa Central of northcentral Mexico.
Defiance Silver Corp. (“Defiance”) is pleased to announce that it has completed its acquisition of MAG Silver Corp.’s (“MAG”) Zacatecas Silver District holdings and its regional exploration database covering 135,000ha (see News Release dated June 13, 2018). As consideration for the sale, Defiance issued 5,000,000 shares to MAG. The shares are subject to an eighteen month hold period ending December 22, 2019. When necessary, MAG agrees to vote its shares owned in accordance with the recommendations of the management of Defiance.
Vancouver, B.C., June 25, 2018 – Geologix Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: GIX) (“Geologix” or the “Company”) announces that, effective at the market opening on Thursday, June 28, 2018, Geologix will change its name to ValOro Resources Inc. (“ValOro”) and its common shares will commence trading on the TSX Venture Exchange using the new symbol VRO on a consolidated basis of one (1) new share for ten (10) existing shares. The share consolidation was approved at the Company’s Special Meeting of Shareholders held on June 21, 2018 with 85.3% of the votes cast in favour. In connection with these changes, Letters of Transmittal will be mailed to shareholders providing instructions on the exchange of Geologix share certificates for post-consolidated ValOro share certificates.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 25th week of the year (June 18th to June 24th, 2018), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight informing on exploration results, eight communicating deals and corporate issues, five announcing financing rounds, one reporting on resources and development, and one running leaching tests. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Millrock reported trench results from its La Navidad project. In Chihuahua, Ethos Gold filed a draft NI 43-101 technical report for its la Purisima project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported sampling results from its Puerto Rico project. In Sinaloa, Chesapeake released exploration results from its Yarely project and Riverside reported exploration results from its La Silla project. In Zacatecas, Excellon commenced a drill program at its Miguel Auza project while Defiance defined a significant anomaly at its San Acacio project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold provided and update on progress from its 8 Brothers/370 gold project in Sonora. ON FINANCING, Aura Silver announced the extension of 3.5M warrants. Harvest Gold closed a second tranche of a non-brokered private placement for CDN$149,600. Maverix entered in a revolving credit agreement to borrow up to US$50M. Prize amended terms of a non-brokered private placement to raise money for $6.5M. Starcore completed a private placement for CDN$3M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Sierra Metals announced PEA results for its Cusi Mine in Chihuahua. Minera Alamos provided an update on its Guadalupe de Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Coeur signed a definitive agreement with Evrim to option the Sarape property in Sonora. Avino and Consolidated Zinc announced management changes, and Colibri and Torex reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders. Marlin, Gold Reign, and Sailfish entered in a definite arrangement agreement regarding a combination business. Equinox announced a spin-out of its copper assets to create Solaris Copper. Valterra entered into an option agreement to acquire the Los Reyes Cu-Au project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Millrock Resources Inc., reported trench results from its La Navidad project in Sonora. Significant results are 7m of 0.64 g/t Au; 8m of 0.5 g/t Au, 16m of 0.59 g/t Au; 4.5m of 1.63 g/t Au; 2m of 6.5 g/t Au, 1.3m of 5.26 g/t Au; and 1.5m of 4.5 g/t Au. Its partner Centerra Gold is funding the exploration program at La Navidad and has authorized an extension of the drilling program from 1,650m in 7 holes to 2,900m in 17 holes.
- Ethos Gold Corp., filed a draft NI 43-101 technical report for its la Purisima project in Chihuahua. The mineralization target consists of low sulphidation epithermal veins which have been traced for over a N-S strike length of over 1.5km in length. The company signed a property access agreement to commence mapping and sampling work with 389 samples collected to date of which 189 have been already submitted to the lab for assays.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported sampling results from its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. 293 channel samples were collected at the Zaragoza mine, of which 83 were from manto mineralization and returned an average grade of 129 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, 7.6% Zn, and 0.12% Cu.
- Riverside Resources Inc., presented geochemical results of 52 samples collected at its La Silla project in Sinaloa. Significant results from the rock chip and channel samples are 1m of 2.1 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag; 1m of 9.4 g/t Au and 196 g/t Ag; and 1m of 19.9 g/t Au and 200 g/t Ag.
- Chesapeake Gold Corp., released exploration results, including phase 1 drilling from its Yarely project in Sinaloa. At Loretos prospect, the drill target is a blind skarn-porphyry system indicated by a significant chargeability anomaly. Significant results are 213m of 0.11% Cu, including 64m of 0.17% Cu. At the Central prospect, one of the two holes drilled intersected several 3 to 6m wide structures returning silver values ranging from 11 to 30 g/t. At Lucy prospect, two holes tested skarn/carbonate replacement manto mineralization. Drilling results returned 22m of 0.33 g/t Au and 1.5 % Zn; and 25m of 0.6 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, and 1.6% Zn. At Sundae prospect, the company has identified a 3km long high level-low sulphidation epithermal system that runs for over 3km along strike, with individual structures varying from 1-5m in width. A preliminary geophysical survey showed a continuity of the vein host structures to over 500m depth. At Los Mimbres prospect, skarn and hornfels boulders with Cu and Pb sulphide mineralization were recently discovered adding a new target within the Yarely project. Mineralization identified at Los Mimbres is similar to that encountered at Metates. Stream sediment, soil, rock geochemistry and geological mapping are underway to advance this target to the drill stage.
- Excellon Resources Inc., commenced a 3,000m drill program at its Miguel Auza project in Zacatecas to test targets generated from surface mapping, IP surveying, and structural work conducted since mid-2017 at El Cobre, Abejas, Carmen-Lechuzas, and Lomo de Las Minas prospects. Highlights from the surface sampling are 2.3 g/t Au and 667 g/t Ag at Lomo de Las Minas. Results up to 2.9 g/t Au and 300 g/t Ag were sampled at Carmen and El Cobre confirming mineralization in veins at both targets. Mineralization at Miguel Auza is hosted in epithermal quartz veins similar to those found at Fresnillo mining district.
- Defiance Silver Corp., defined a significant geophysical anomaly at its San Acacio project in Zacatecas employing Atomic Energy Resonance Imaging (AERI) technology. The AERI identified a pipe shaped anomaly which measures 400m in width, 300m in length, and is open at depth. The AERI anomaly is coincident with a recently delineated IP target, and will be drill tested in the near future.
- Mexus Gold US., provided and update on progress from its 8 Brothers /370 gold project in Sonora. The company has completed the crushing and loading of ore into the VAT leaching tank to run tests and expects to commence the leaching when tests are completed in the next days.
- Aura Silver Resources, announced its intentions to extend the expiration date of 3.5M warrants from July 9, 2018 to July 9, 2020. The exercise price remains unchanged at $0.05 (Taviche, Oaxaca)
- Harvest Gold Corporation, closed a second tranche for CDN$149,600 for a total of CAD$479,600 gross proceeds raised in the non-brokered private placement. Gross proceeds will be used to explore its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua.
- Maverix Metals Inc., entered into a 3 years revolving credit agreement with two bank institutions to borrow up to US$50M. The credit can be extendable through mutual agreement between the involved parties (La Colorada, Zacatecas)
- Prize Mining Corporation, amended terms of a non-brokered private placement to raise money for $6.5M (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., completed a private placement of secured bonds for CAD$3M (San Martin, Queretaro)
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Sierra Metals Inc., announced PEA results for its Cusi Mine in Chihuahua. Highlights include an after-tax NPV of $92.2M USD at an 8% discount rate, a 9 years mine life based on existing mineral resource estimate, and a life of mine silver production of 30 M Oz. The company also reported Mineral Resource Estimate as at February 12, 2018. Total measured mineral resources are 362K tonnes @ 225g/t Ag, 0.55% Pb, 0.68% Zn, and 0.13g/t Au. Total indicated resources are 4.2M tonnes @ 217g/t Ag, 0.64% Pb, 0.66% Zn, and 0.21 g/t Au. Total inferred resources are 1.63M tonnes @ 158 g/t Ag, 0.54% Pb, 0.84% Zn, and 0.16 g/t Au.
- Minera Alamos Inc., provided an update on its Guadalupe de los Reyes project in Sinaloa. The company commenced the mapping of the Mariposa- Zapote structure to evaluate extensions that have not been drilled and could be target areas to expand the resource. The company also collected metallurgical samples and are being prepared for Au leaching studies. It also commenced engineering studies to establish locations and preliminary designs for Au heap leaching facilities.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Coeur Mining Inc., signed a definitive agreement with Evrim Resources Corp., to option the Sarape property in Sonora. Coeur will have the exclusive right to acquire up to an 80% interest in the property by spending up to $16M USD on exploration, making staged cash payments of up to $2.5M USD, and completing a NI 43-101 compliant FS on a minimum measured and indicated resource estimate of 1M Oz AuEq, all within a ten-year period.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd., Golden Reign Resources Ltd., and Sailfish Royalty Corp., have extended the previously announced LOI to June 29, 2018 to enter in a definitive arrangement agreement regarding a business combination of the Golden´s San Albino-Murra property in Nicaragua and Marlin´s La Trinidad property, México.
- Equinox Gold Corp., announced plans to transfer all of its copper assets into a newly incorporated company named Solaris Copper Inc. (La Verde, Michoacan).
- Valterra Resource Corporation, entered into an agreement to acquire the Los Reyes Cu-Au project in Chihuahua. Valterra may acquire a 100% interest, subject to a 2% royalty to a third party, by making staged payments totaling US$4M over a period of 5 years. Target consists of a +800m long Cu-Au rich skarn developed in the contact between a Tertiary-age granodiorite intrusive and Cretaceous-age limestones and shales.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, phyllic alteration in a porphyry copper system in Jalisco, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.