Chesapeake Gold Corp. (“Chesapeake”) is pleased to provide an update of the Phase 1 drilling and district wide exploration program at its regional Yarely project (“Yarely”) in Sinaloa State, Mexico. Yarely is strategically located 10 kilometres from a paved highway and within 25 kilometres of the proposed Metates processing plant site. Metates hosts one of the largest undeveloped gold, silver and zinc reserves in the world and is 100% owned by Chesapeake.
Toronto, Ontario – December 14, 2017 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN, EXN.WT and EXN.WT.A; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the commencement of an extensive surface exploration program on the 21,000-hectare Platosa Property in Durango, Mexico targeting further extensions to the Platosa Mine system and new manto and skarn discoveries.
December 11, 2017 – Vancouver, BC: Riverside Resources Inc. (“Riverside” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: RRI), is pleased to announce that partner, Centerra Gold Inc. (“Centerra”), has commenced a 1,200+ metre drill program at the Glor Project (the “Project”). Roadwork and other preparations have been completed to access new drill targets within the Puerto El Alamo target area. This campaign will focus on gold targets that have been developed in the past 8 months by exploration programs that included detailed mapping, a detailed soil geochemistry survey, two ground magnetics surveys and an induced polarization survey. Centerra has been funding exploration work at the 48 km2 Glor Project since it entered into an option to joint venture agreement with Riverside in 2016 (see RRI news release dated July 26, 2016).
GOLD GRADE IN DRILL HOLE DSA-03 INCREASES by >10%
• Re-assaying increases gold grade in DSA-03 intercept by more than 10%:
DSA-03: 26.2m @ 9.5g/t Au including 12.6m @ 16.8g/t Au
• Hole DSA-05 intersected high-grade cobalt mineralisation above and below a
2.75m mining void – final results include:
5.05m @ 1.40g/t Au from 12.00m
8.45m @ 1.24g/t Au from 25.15m
2.60m @ 0.33% Co from 8.95m surrounding 2.75m mining void
• Ground magnetic survey completed – results being evaluated
• Further exploration of high-grade gold-cobalt zone planned
VANCOUVER, B.C. Almadex Minerals Limited (“Almadex” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: AMZ; OTCQX: AXDDF) is pleased to announce it has received assay results from holes EC-17-040 and 042, the first drilled since 2013 at the Porvenir Zone which is located roughly 3 km to the southeast of the Norte Zone and 1.8 km southeast of the Raya Tembrillo area of the Villa Rica Zone. Since 1998, the El Porvenir area has seen 18 past diamond and RC drill holes many of which intersected important porphyry mineralisation. Hole EC-17-040 was drilled at an azimuth of 220 to cut approximately perpendicular to the strike of a sheeted vein zone identified in outcrop. This hole intersected significant fresh hypogene porphyry alteration and associated copper gold mineralisation. Hole EC-17-042 was drilled to the west (270 azimuth) and is interpreted to have missed this vein zone. Highlights from hole EC-17-040 and 042 include the following intercepts all of which are also shown on the attached plan and section:
Vancouver, BC, December 5, 2017 – Silver One Resources Inc. (TSX.V:SVE; OTC Pink:SLVRF; FSE:BRK1 – “Silver One” or the “Company”) has commenced a geophysical survey at its wholly-owned Peñasco Quemado silver property in Sonora, Mexico. The purpose of the survey is to develop a 3D-quality map of lithologies identified as high-priority target areas with strong zinc and lead soil geochemistry analysis in early 2017 (see Company news release dated March 1, 2017) and better delineate targets for potential future drilling.
During the 48th week of the year (November 27th to December 3rd, 2017), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES: In Sonora, representatives of the State Congress proposed to form citizen committees to supervise the application of the Mining Fund (Fondo Minero). ON EXPLORATION: ten press releases from eight companies working in Mexico informed on exploration efforts during the week: In Sonora SilverCrest released high-grade results from drilling two different zones at its Las Chispas project; Azure Minerals released high-grade drilling results from its Sara Alicia Au-Co project, and updated on drilling progress at its Oposura property; Wolverine Minerals commenced exploration at Los Venados project; San Marco Resources is to complete an induced polarization survey at its 1068 porphyry copper project, updating also in the geological model of its Chunibas project. In Chihuahua, Evrim Resources completed phase I exploration at its Cerro Cascaron project, and is now in the drill targeting stage; Ethos gold optioned the Purisima property, and presented the project summary, which includes two previous drilling campaigns. ON MINING: Santacruz Silver presented its third quarter report; Marlin Gold presented financial results for the first nine months of the year, and an update on drilling on the Colinas target, at its La Trinidad property; U.S. Antimony informed that it now has the needed permits to construct a cyanidation plant at its mill in Guanajuato. ON FINANCING: Alix Resources, Canuc Resources and Millrock Resources are to conduct or closing non-brokered private placements of $750 K, $465 K and $1.6 M respectively; Mag Silver closed a non-brokered private placement for $48.16 M; SilverCrest is to raise C$6 M on a bought deal private placement; Primero Mining obtained an extension of its credit facility; Candelaria Mining is seeking a one year extension on the exercise period of over 12 M warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT: Consolidated Zinc recommenced extensional and infill resource definition drilling at its Plomosas mine. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES: Argonaut Gold announced the closing of the acquisition of the Cerro del Gallo project in Guanajuato to Primero Mining for $15 M; GFM Resources entered into an exploration and evaluation agreement with Minera Auricup on the Baviacora concession in Sonora; Magellan Gold completed the purchase of the SDA Mill to Rose Petroleum in Nayarit; Ethos Gold entered into an option agreement with Coztic Recursos Minerales on the Purisima property in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- In Sonora, representatives of the State Congress proposed to form citizen committees to supervise the application of the Mining Fund (Fondo Minero). The proposal aims to give transparency to the application of the funds, and also a mean to control the infrastructure projects generated in the municipalities that are to receive the participation generated by the mining activity (Note of editor.- This is a pressing problem in many other States, where the application of the funds of a mining royalty introduced by the current Federal government is nowhere to be seen).
- SilverCrest Metals Corp. released phase II drill results for the Babicanora vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. The latest results increase by 400 m the high-grade footprint of the Babicanora vein, which is now 1 km in length. True width (TW) intercepts: 3.2 m @ 27 g/t Au, 1,494 g/t Ag (including 0.7 m @ 137 g/t Au, 4,720 g/t Ag); 1.5 m @ 1.8 g/t Au, 101 g/t Ag; 3.8 m @ 5.6 g/t Au, 451 g/t Ag; 4.0 m @ 1.5 g/t Au, 101 g/t Ag; 3.1 m @ 5.1 g/t Au, 570 g/t Ag; 2.0 m @ 3.6 g/t Au, 452 g/t Ag; 3.6 m @ 4.2 g/t Au, 165 g/t Ag; 2.2 m @ 3.8 g/t Au, 388 g/t Ag.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. released high-grade results on the maiden drilling on its Sara Alicia property in Sonora. Six holes for 480 m tested around and beneath historical underground mine workings that exploited high-grade Au and Co shoots in the 1930’s. Cobalt results for the last hole are still pending. Significant gold results comprise: 11.4 m @ 3.3 g/t Au; 5.5 m @ 5.1 g/t Au; 26.2 m @ 8 .6 g/t Au (including 12.6 m @ 14.9 g/t Au); 19.65 m @ 4.95 g/t Au; 8.45 m @ 1.2 g/t Au; 13.7 m @ 3.6 g/t Au. Significant cobalt intercepts comprise: 5.5 m @ 0.13% Co; 1.0 m @ 0.14% Co; 26.2 m @ 1.26% Co (including 6.35 m @ 3.57% Co); 4.7 m @ 0.11% Co; 20.6 m @ 0.13% Co (including 1.9 m @ 1.11% Co). This garnet-magnetite-sulfide skarn developed in limestone intruded by a porphyry contains a zone several meters in width with disseminated cobaltite (CoAsS) associated with abundant magnetite, and a wider, overlapping zone of gold mineralization.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced the completion of phase I exploration at its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. Highlights include: A 1.8 km long rich vein corridor defined by soil sampling, with up to 1.4 g/t Au; Soil sampling extended all veins by 600 m to 1.8 km in length, and two more veins were identified; Adit channel sampling results are 1.4 m to 3.3 m in width @ 231 to 542 g/t AgEq; Six subparallel veins were defined in an area 300 m x 900 m in the Ag-rich Cascarita zone. Drill targeting is underway.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released surface and underground results from the second phase of drilling of the Las Chispas and Giovanni veins at Las Chispas, in Sonora. Highlighted results contain (true thickness, or TW) 2.1 m @ 2.3 g/t Au, 469 g/t Ag; 1.6 m @ 2.4 g/t Au, 516 g/t Ag; 1.5 m @ 13.2 g/t Au, 2,007 g/t Ag; 2.0 m @ 5.8 g/t Au, 1,191 g/t Ag; 4.0 m @ 18.6 g/t Au, 696 g/t Ag (including 0.8 m @ 92.6 g/t Au, 2,890 g/t Ag); 2.2 m @ 9.4 g/t Au, 1,369 g/t Ag. SilverCrest intends to deliver a maiden resource estimate during Q1, 2018.
- Wolverine Minerals Corp. commenced an exploration program on the 1,500 hectares Los Venados property, in the Mulatos district, Sonora. Wolverine is to focus work on a felsic dome/silica breccia complex with intense alteration and brecciation accompanied by anomalous gold. Activities planned include rock and soil sampling, geological mapping and a 7.4 Km induced polarization survey.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd. released results from the three first holes on the Raya Membrillo area on its El Cobre property in Veracruz. This area is part of the Villa Rica zone, which is two kilometers south from the Norte zone (where previous drilling was done). The three holes intersected a chalcocite dominant enriched copper zone right from the surface which locally is up to 186 m down hole. Results comprise: 69.5 m @ 0.10 g/t Au, 0.41% Cu (including 14.5 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 1.2% Cu); 139.0 m @ 0.49 g/t Au, 0.24% Cu; 41.0 m @ 0.91 g/t Au, 0.42% Cu in one hole; 117 m @ 0.13 g/t Au, 0.55% Cu (including 15.9 m @ 0.51 g/t Au, 1.74% Cu) in the second hole; 159.5 m @ 0.22 g/t Au, 0.22% Cu (including 36.0 m @ 0.86 g/t Au, 0.16% Cu and 111.5 m @ 0.03 g/t Au, 0.27% Cu) on the third hole.
- San Marco Resources Inc. provided the scope of exploration at its 1068 and Chunibas projects in Sonora. At the 1068 project, an undrilled porphyry Cu-Mo-Au system displays phyllically altered and veined zones which extend 1 Km to the east and 400 m to the south from previously identified porphyritic rock with potassic alteration and a coincidental geochemical footprint on a grid rock sampling survey. An induced polarization survey is to be conducted during December. At Chunibas a new larger model involving a porphyry related breccia with gold values has been generated. Field mapping and prospecting is mostly completed, with a mineralization corridor extending 1.2 km based on mapping and a soil survey. New outcrops with epidote-calcite-specularite alteration bearing copper oxides have been found.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. updated on the resource definition drilling at its Zn-Pb-Ag Oposura project in Sonora, where 51 of the planned 120 holes have been completed with 2,665 m. Many of Azure holes are either twinning or drilled close to historical holes, closely replicating the sulfide intercepts on those. Azure is aiming to conclude drilling by February 2018, and complete the maiden mineral resource estimate by March-April 2018.
- Ethos Gold Corp. optioned the Purisima property in Chihuahua (see note on the deals section). An epithermal low sulfidation vein system is present over 1.5 Km of strike length and 200 m of width exposure. The property saw some drilling in 1997 and 1997-98 by Teck Resources and the SGM (Servicio Geologico Mexicano, or Consejo de Recursos Minerales at the time). Gold-bearing intervals were obtained on both programs, with only minor parts of the core obtained by SGM drilling having been assayed, although many areas contained chalcedonic quartz veining.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported third quarter 2017 production and financial results. At Rosario in San Luis Potosi 46.9 K tonnes were processed @ 51 g/t Ag (241 g/t AgEq), recovering 85% Ag, to produce 26,274 Oz Ag, 328 Oz Au, 49 tonnes Pb, 449 tonnes Zn. At Veta Grande in Zacatecas, 28 K tonnes were processed @ 107 g/t Ag (174 g/t AgEq), recovering 64.5% Ag to produce 61,960 Oz Ag; 66 Oz Au, 99 tonnes Pb, 146 tonnes Zn. Production cost per tonne was 62.91, and a cash cost of $23.65 per AgEq Oz, AISC of $28.14 per AgEq Oz.
- United States Antimony Corp. announced that SEMARNAT (Mexico environmental authority) has issued the permit for the construction of a cyanide leach plant for the Puerto Blanco mill in Guanajuato. This plant is designed to recover Au and Ag from the flotation mill tailings of the Los Juarez Au-Ag-Sb deposit in Queretaro. The ore grade is 1.1 g/t Au, 102 g/t Ag, 0.65% Sb, and the expected recovery 90% Au, 90% Ag, 70% Sb.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. presented financial results for the first nine months of 2017, period on which the company produced 29,995 Oz Au, and acquired the Gavilanes property from Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. for $3.6 M. Revenue to the end of September was $58.2 M, holding $1.9 M in cash and finished gold, and $14.4 M in gold-in-process. Investment on Golden Reign Resources Ltd. stood at $12.7 M at quarter end. Principal on the loan owed to Wexford Capital LP. (Controlling shareholder) stood at US$38.9 M, with the maturity of the loan extended to January 2019.
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. disclosed drilling results from the Colinas area, less than 1 km from the Taunus pit within its La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa. The drilling tested a structurally complex zone with low and high angle faults, along a projected structural corridor under post mineral cover. The significant core intervals comprise 11.65 m @ 0.61 g/t Au in the first hole and 6.00 m @ 0.35 g/t Au; 7.03 m @ 0.82 g/t Au; 6.00 m @ 10.57 g/t Au in the second hole. “The anomalous zones appear to be associated with quartz carbonate veinlets and ferruginous argillic zones, which are likely fault zones within andesitic breccias and tuffs. All intervals are oxide.”
- Alix Resources Corp. is to conduct a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $750 K in gross proceeds (Agua Fria, Sonora).
- Canuc Resources Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement with gross proceeds of $465 K. Proceeds are to be used to continue exploration of newly discovered breccia zones on El Tule claim block and other high grade structures (San Javier, Sonora).
- Mag Silver Corp. announced the closing of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of US$48.16 M (Juanicipio, Zacatecas).
- Millrock Resources Inc. plans to conduct a non-brokered private placement planning to raise up to $1.6 million. Finder’s fee of 6% cash may be paid in connection with this financing (La Navidad, Sonora).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters for a bought deal private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to C$6 M. SilverCrest will pay the underwriters a cash commission of up to 6% of the gross proceeds (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Primero Mining Corp. announced that the company agreed with its lenders to an extension of its revolving credit facility and guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. (San Dimas, Durango).
- Candelaria Mining Corp. intends to make an application to the TSX to extend the exercise period of 12.6 M share purchase warrants by 12 months.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. recommenced extensional and infill resource definition drilling at its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The first of two underground rigs was mobilized to Cuddy, level 5.4 to drill eight short holes before the Christmas break.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced the closing of the acquisition of the 25,269 hectares Cerro del Gallo project in Guanajuato to Primero Mining Corp. for $15 M. Argonaut could recover up to $1.7 M of value added tax, and the companies acquired in this transaction include approximately $22 M in tax losses.
- GFM Resources Ltd. entered into an exploration and evaluation agreement with Minera Auricup S. de R.L. on its Baviacora concession in Sonora. GFM has paid the outstanding mining duties of CAD$95 K for a six months right to explore the property and obtain a minimum 15% stake. If land access rights are not secured by Auricup on a four-month period, GFM has the right to demand full repayment, or to obtain a similar stake on in a different but equivalent mineral concession owned by Auricup. GFM drew on its facility with Metallorum Holding, S.A.P.I. de C.V., the corporation’s majority shareholder for this payment.
- Magellan Gold Corp. completed the purchase of the SDA Mill to Rose Petroleum PLC. in Nayarit. Total consideration for the purchase was $1.5 M, with $1.0 M in cash and $500 K in Magellan stock, of which $100 K was paid in cash in June 2017. In August Magellan arranged $900 K in bridge loans to support the purchase.
- Ethos Gold Corp. entered into an option agreement with Coztic Recursos Minerales S. de R.L. de C.V. to earn a 100% interest in the Purisima property in Chihuahua. Ethos Gold is to pay an aggregate of US$3.49 M and issue up to 3 M common shares to the property owner, in installments over 72 months, with the initial consideration of $45 K and 50 K shares due on signing. In addition, Ethos Gold is to pay outstanding mining duties of CAD$71 K and incur in exploration expenditures of not less than US$1 M within 72 months. The property owner is to retain a 2% NSR.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, fine grained silica on boulders extracted from a farming field in Durango. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
Vancouver, B.C. – November 29th, 2017: San Marco Resources Inc. (SMN: TSX-V) (“San Marco” or “the Company”) announces that it is continuing surface exploration at its 100% owned 1068 and Chunibas Projects. As well, discussions and property site visits continue with numerous third parties regarding their potential acquisition of an interest in San Marco’s projects.
San Marco’s CEO, Bob Willis stated: “As we continue preparations to drill our 1068 copper, molybdenum and gold porphyry system, ongoing corporate strategic planning relating to new acquisitions and joint ventures could lead to significant opportunities for our shareholders. Our goal is, and has always been, to maximize stakeholder value through efficient use of our treasury for exploration and expanding our property portfolio.“
Wolverine Minerals Corp. (“Wolverine” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: WLV) is pleased to announce that it has commenced an exploration program on the Los Venados property in Sonora State, Mexico. The Los Venados property is immediately adjacent to the producing Mulatos (Alamos Gold Inc.) and La India gold mines (Agnico Eagle Mines Limited).
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mammoth Resources Corp. (TSX-V:MTH), (the “Company”) is pleased to announce that all drill equipment and a D6 Caterpillar bulldozer have beenmobilized to its Tenoriba, High Sulphidation gold-silver exploration project in the Sierra Madre region of southwestern Chihuahua State, Mexico. Equipment has arrived by truck in preparation to commence the Company’s previously announced (refer to press release dated October 25, 2017) 8 to 24 hole, up to 3,000 metre diamond drill program to test various high priority gold-silver targets along a 5 km strike length within an approximate 15 square kilometre area of ubiquitous gold mineralization at Tenoriba. The Caterpillar bulldozer will be finalizing previously advanced access to diamond drill stations that were unable to be completed earlier this year. Drilling is expected to begin in the next 7 to 10 days once the diamond drill contractor has completed all preparation work (drill water supply lines, other supplies to drill stations) to enable commencement and continuation of drilling.