May 16, 2019 – Vancouver, BC: Riverside Resources Inc. (“Riverside” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: RRI) (OTCQB: RVSDF) (FSE: R99), is pleased to announce the signing of a two-year, US$2,000,000 Exploration Financing Agreement with BHP Exploration Chile SpA (“BHP”) for the funding of generative exploration in the copper producing belt of Mexico (the “Program”). The Program will focus on identifying and developing exploration opportunities leading to the discovery of new large copper deposits within an Area of Interest (“AOI”) using Riverside’s technical knowledge base of copper systems and strong generative exploration team strategically based in Hermosillo, Sonora. BHP and Riverside will pool their data, including decades of historical work into an integrated database. Riverside can now leverage geophysical, geochemical and geological technical platforms into a new targeting synthesis to complete tenure acquisitions.
Alien Metals Limited (“Alien” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce an exploration update for the company’s 100% owned Donovan 2 mining concession.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 16th week of the year (April 15th to April 21st, 2019), at least 28 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a lower court in Puebla ruled Mexico’s mineral title system unconstitutional based on consultation not being required before issuing the title. Inhabitants of San Antonio, Baja California Sur, manifested in support for the construction of the San Antonio mine. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Gold delineated several new targets using geophysics at Cervantes; San Marcos disclosed explorations plans for its properties in the year. In Jalisco, GoGold released interesting results from drilling at Los Ricos. ON MINING, Avino Silver, Sierra Metals, First Majestic, Gold Resource and Hecla disclosed production results for Q1 2019.
Fresnillo PLC presented its annual report 2018. ON FINANCING, Ridgestone Mining, Oroco and Camrova raised $1.12 M; 800 K and 12 K respectively. Sonoro and Minaurum granted options to consultants and directors. Minaurum was named to the Venture 50tm. Sierra Metals entered into an automatic purchase plan. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay reported channel sample results from a new zone at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. SilverCrest Metals released good metallurgical results from its Las Chispas property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Newmont Goldcorp Corp. has been delivered. Consolidated Zinc presented notice of its annual general meeting. Aura completed the sale of 80% interest of its Taviche project to Minaurum.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. informed that “a lower court in Puebla State has ruled that Mexico’s mineral title system is unconstitutional because consultation is not required before the granting of mineral title………..This ruling can be appealed by both the Government of Mexico and Almaden. The Company believes that this lawsuit is part of a broad effort by special interest groups to change the mining law and there are other similar actions active across Mexico”. Almaden stated that no communities within the company’s current mining concessions on its Ixtaca project in Puebla are party to this lawsuit.
- Fresnillo PLC. Presented its 2018 annual report. It is here recommended to all interested in the mining business in Mexico to take a look to the report (http://www.fresnilloplc.com/media/412015/fres-30452-annual-report-2018-web.pdf), especially on the section “Managing our risks”. In the said section, the risks of participating in the industry in Mexico are assessed, including those of metal prices, potential actions by the government, access to land, security, public perception against mining, safety, union relations, exploration, project performance, cyber security, environmental incidents and human resources. Although the report had in mind Fresnillo’s particular situation as one of the largest Mexican mining conglomerates, many parts of the evaluation concern risks that affect all mining enterprises in the country.
- Some 500 inhabitants of San Antonio, in Baja California Sur, gathered in support of Argonaut Gold’s San Antonio mining project in their locality.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. and Kootenay Silver Inc. informed that interpretation of a recent magnetic and radiometric survey produced multiple porphyry copper targets on the Cervantes property in Sonora. “Cervantes has multiple porphyry cells aligned along a northeast-southwest orientation, manifested as high-level alteration footprints related to intrusive bodies. There are also prominent northwest-southeast trending magnetic anomalies found to be associated with strong alteration, gold-copper mineralization, and intrusive rocks.”
- GoGold Resources Inc. disclosed the results from the first two diamond holes on its Los Ricos property in Jalisco. The two diamond drill holes twinned previous RC perforations, replicating the mineralized zones, with 35.5 m @ 1.24 gpt Au, 285 gpt Ag and 27.6 m @ 1.56 gpt Au, 159 gpt Ag. The holes are part of a 10,000 m diamond drill program focused on following the high grade ore shoot down dip below the historical RC drilling.
- San Marco Resources Inc. plans for 2019 in Sonora include target delineation at Espiritu Santo and 1068 properties, follow-up of underexplored areas at the Chunibas project, extensive participation on lotteries of released ground by the government, evaluation of multiple property acquisitions and ongoing partnership discussions of existing assets.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. released production results from its Avino property in Durango for 2019’s first quarter. During the period production came from three sources: Avino mine, San Gonzalo mine and historic stockpiles. At Avino, 100.9 K tonnes were milled @ 41 g/t Ag, 0.48 gpt Au, 0.49% Cu, recovering 84% Ag, 71% Au, 87% Cu. At San Gonzalo (which is nearing the end of its mine life) 17.9 K tonnes were milled @ 188 gpt Ag, 0.54 gpt Au, recovering 65% Ag, 61% Au. From historic stockpiles 78.8 K tonnes were milled @ 61 gpt Ag, 0.40 gpt Au, 0.21% Cu, recovering 55%, Ag, 52% Au, 29% Cu. Total production was 1,813 Oz Au, 268.4 K Oz Ag, 1.06 M Lb Cu, or 615 K Oz AgEq.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported first quarter 2019 results, including figures from its Mexican mines. The Bolivar mine in Chihuahua processed 263.2 K tonnes (~3,008 tpd, targeting 3,600 tpd for Q2 2019)) grading 0.81% Cu, 19.5 gpt Ag, 0.19 gpt Au, recovering 82.2% Cu, 79.1% Ag, 67.9% Au to produce 3.87 M Lb Cu, 130 K Oz Ag, 1,100 Oz Au (or 5.08 MLb CuEq). At the Cusi mine, also in Chihuahua, 71.3 K tonnes were processed @ 105 gpt Ag, 0.15 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.3% Zn, recovering 79.5% Ag, 37.5% Au, 75.2% Pb to produce 192 K Oz Ag, 133 Au Oz, 349 K Lb Pb, no Zn.
- Fresnillo PLC. Filed its annual report 2018. During the year Fresnillo produced 61.8 M Oz Ag, 922 K Oz Au, holding resources of 2.2 billion Oz Ag and 39.1 M Oz Au. At Fresnillo, in Zacatecas, 2.44 M tonnes were milled @ 214 gpt Ag to produce 15.1 M Oz Ag, 42,290 Oz Au, 19,619 tonnes Pb, 31,094 tonnes Zn. At Saucito, in Zacatecas, 2.79 M tonnes were milled @ 257 gpt Ag, 1.25 gpt Au to produce 19.78 M Oz Ag, 86,092 Oz Au, 22,662 tonnes Pb, 29,506 tonnes Zn, while the Pyrites Plant processed 131.8 K tonnes @ 393 gpt Ag, 2.8 gpt Au to produce 977 K Oz Ag, 3,556 Oz Au. At San Julian, in Chihuahua, 1.27 M tonnes were processed from the veins @144.1 gpt Ag, 2.0 gpt Au, to produce 5.43 M Oz Ag, 79,218 Oz Au. 2.22 M tonnes were processed from the disseminated orebody @ 154 gpt Ag, 0.1 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.4% Zn, to produce 9.2 M Oz Ag, 3,125 Oz Au, 6,101 tonnes Pb, 22,027 tonnes Zn. At Cienega, in Durango, 1.32 M tonnes were milled @ 164 gpt Ag, 1.65 g/t Au to produce 6 M Oz Ag, 66,869 Oz Au, 4,799 tonnes Pb, 5,892 tonnes Zn. At Herradura, in Sonora, 22.15 M tonnes @ 0.76 gpt Au were deposited on the heaps to produce 474,168 Oz Au, 1.52 M Oz Ag, at cash cost $504 per Au Oz (total volume hauled, 124 M tonnes). At Nochebuena, in Sonora, 18.2 M tonnes were deposited on the heaps @ 0.52 gpt Au to produce 167.2 K Oz Au, 52 K Oz Ag, at cash cost $735.4 per Oz Au (total volume hauled, 80.3 M tonnes). The company had $580.7 M as cash and cash equivalents by the end of the year.
First Majestic Silver Corp. produced 6.3 AgEq Oz during the first quarter of 2019. During the period 831.2 K tonnes of ore were milled @ 150 gpt Ag, 1.26 gpt Au, with recoveries of 83% Ag, 96% Au, to produce 3.33 M Oz Ag, 32,037 Oz Au, 2.66 M Lb Pb, 1.26 M Lb Zn. The ore had averages and recoveries of 287 gpt Ag, 4.18 gpt Au (93% Ag, 96% Au) at San Dimas, Durango; 121 gpt Ag, 1.87 gpt Au (89% Ag, 95% Au) at Santa Elena, Sonora; 126 gpt Ag (66% Ag) at La Encantada, Coahuila; 187 gpt Ag, 0.58 gpt Au (89% Ag, 93% Au)at San Martin, Jalisco; 54 gpt Ag, 1.8% Pb, 1.6% Zn (75% Ag by flotation, 62% Ag by cyanidation, 69% Pb, 48% Zn) at La Parrilla, Durango; 114 gpt Ag, 2.1% Pb (74% Ag, 0.7 M Lb Pb)at Del Toro, Zacatecas.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported preliminary production results for the first quarter 2019. The Oaxaca Mining Unit (El Aguila, Arista, Switchback) produced 6,538 Au Oz, 364.6 K Oz Ag, 433 tonnes Cu, 2,153 tonnes Pb, 5,838 tonnes Zn. “The Company maintains its 2019 Oaxaca Mining Unit Annual Outlook of 27,000 gold ounces and 1,700,000 silver ounces, plus or minus 10%”.
- Hecla Mining Co. announced preliminary production results for the first quarter of 2019. At San Sebastian, in Durango, the mill operated at 494 tpd to produce 0.4 M Oz Ag, 3,530 Oz Au. “A review of sulfide ore continues, including a bulk sample to test the capabilities of the third-party plant and the suitability of long-hole stoping for the ore body, with results expected by the fourth quarter of 2019.”
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. completed its previously announced private placement financing, for gross proceeds of $1.12 M. The company paid 6% ($43.2 K) cash and 309 K compensation warrants. Also, 72.2 K bonus shares were issued to a director of the company, under a loan agreement (Rebeico, Sonora).
- Sierra Metals Inc. entered into an automatic purchase plan with its designated broker (Cusi and Bolivar, Chihuahua).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. granted 100 K incentive options to a director of the company. These options vest immediately and are exercisable at a price of $0.18 per share (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Minaurum Gold Inc. has been named to the TSX Venture Exchange Venture 50tm , the annual ranking of Canada’s top 50 emerging publicly traded companies across five industry sectors. Minaurum also granted 3.35 M common share stock options to directors, officers and consultants. The options are exercisable at a price of $0.45 for a period of 10 years from the issue date. The company also granted consultants 275 k options exercisable at a price of $0.45 for a period of five years. Ten percent vest immediately, and another 15% each semiannually (Alamos, Sonora).
- Oroco Resources Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement financing, raising $800 K in gross proceeds. No finder’s fee was paid (Santo Tomas, Sinaloa).
- Camrova Resources Inc. closed the second tranche of the previously announced private placement, for proceeds of $12 K, bringing the total combined proceeds to $66 K. The third and final tranche of the Private Placement is expected to close in early May (Boleo, Baja California Sur).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. reported channel sample results from a new zone at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. The Nava zone, 500 long by 100 m wide, is extensively altered and hosts low sulphidation quartz veining and stockwork mineralization. Channel samples from the zone returned assays ranging from 1.04 gpt Au to up to 10.0 gpt Au.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced positive metallurgical results for Las Chispas project, in Sonora. “A total of 445 kg was selected from 51 core holes and nine underground samples to compile 15 different samples, based on geo-metallurgical domains which were combined into three master composites. These composites utilized 210 kilograms of mass representing a variety of grades (low, medium and high) of 500 to 2000 gpt AgEq expected during conceptual operation”. The new metallurgical tests show estimated recoveries of 98.4% to 98.9% Au and 91.4% to 94.8% Ag, using conventional methods comprised of gravity concentration and intensive leaching followed by gravity tails standard leaching.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Newmont Mining Corp. announced that it has extended the previously announced offers to exchange all outstanding notes issued by Goldcorp Inc. for up to two billion dollars aggregate principal amount of new notes to be issued by Newmont, as part of the proposed arrangement on which Newmont acquires all outstaning shares of Goldcorp (Peñasquito, Zacatecas).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. presented its notice of annual general meeting for the annual general meeting of shareholders to be held on 23 May 2019 (Plomosas, Chihuahua).
- Aura Resources Inc. announced the completion of the sale of an 80% interest in its East Taviche project in Oaxaca, to Minaurum Gold Inc.. Minaurum issued 100 K common shares to Aura and paid 39.4 K on closing; additionally, Minaurum is to issue further 100 K shares on receipt of the pertinent drilling permits. The remaining 20% can be acquired by Minaurum paying CDN$1 M.
- Newmont Goldcorp Corp. announced the successful conclusion of its transaction combining Newmont Mining Corp. and Goldcorp Inc. to form the world’s leading gold business. The company targets six to seven million ounces of steady gold production over a decades-long time horizon (Peñasquito, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group. On the image below, glory hole developed on Inguaran, Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Vancouver, Canada – April 16, 2019 – Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) reports that interpretation of the recently completed airborne magnetic and radiometric survey data has interpreted multiple high-quality undrilled porphyry gold-copper targets on the Cervantes property in Sonora, Mexico.
An active hot spring system.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirteen week of the year (April 08th to April 14th, 2019), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven informing on exploration results, seven communicating financial and production results, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, one announcing financial rounds, and one reporting on resources and development of their properties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium announced that a RC rig is moving to its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Silver Viper identified new drill targets at its Virginia project and prepares a helicopter-borne magnetic and radiometric survey. In Chihuahua, Radius re-started drilling at its Amalia project and Silver Spruce announced that its ongoing field exploration work continue expanding their drill target areas and has identified new veins at its Pino de Plata project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals increased the anomalous area at its Minerva project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay reported sampling results and the discovery of a new vein at its Copalito project. In Durango, Gainey received an environmental permit to drill up to 32 holes at its Las Margaritas project. ON MINING, McEwen released Q1, 2019 production results from its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa. Great Panther reported Q1, 2019 production results from their Topia mine in Durango and Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato. Consolidated Zinc reported March 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Endeavour reported Q1, 2019 production results from its four Au-Ag mines in Mexico. Fortuna Silver reported Q1, 2019 production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fresnillo plc announced Q1, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING One World Lithium closed a second tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $CDN 525, 675 (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, McEwen announced that the FS and permitting are progressing at its El Fenix project in Sinaloa, and expects to complete the FS on Q2, 2019. Fresnillo plc and MAG Silver announced that their Juanicipio project in Zacatecas has been approved for development by their respective Boards of Directors. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, One World Lithium announced the engagement of and IR firm (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). Sierra Metals announced changes of its Board of Directors (Cusi mine, Chihuahua). Goldcorp obtained a final order approving the plan of arrangement with Newmont. McEwen announced that are exploring the potential sale of their Mexican assets (El Gallo and Fenix projects, Sinaloa). Azucar Minerals reported that Newcrest confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights pursuant to the investor rights agreement (El Cobre project, Veracruz). Fresnillo plc announced changes on its Board of Directors (La Herradura mine, Sonora). Oroco announced an option to purchase 40M shares of Aztec Copper Corporation (Santo Tomás project, Sinaloa). VVC announced changes on its Board of Directors (Samalayuca project, Chihuahua).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., announced that a truck mounted RC drill rig is moving to its the Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. The company plans to drill 4,250m in 12 holes to drill-test three geophysical anomalies covering more than 54 Km2, a large geochemical anomaly that covers 150 Km2, and geological structures.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., identified new drill targets based on surface geochemistry and prospecting at its Virginia project in Sonora. These new targets are located south and east of the El Rubi discovery, and will be tested during the next phase of drilling to be conducted on the property. Also, the company will carry out a 720 line-km magnetic and radiometric survey over the El Rubi and La Gloria targets for a total coverage of 4,900 hectares.
- Radius Gold Inc., re-started drilling at its Amalia project in Chihuahua, where last year, drill hole AMD18-009 in the San Pedro structural zone intersected 7.08 g/t Au and 517 g/t Ag over 26m, including 14.71 g/t Au and 1,378 g/t Ag over 5m. The company plans to drill 2,000m to test immediately below and on strike of the hole AMD18-009.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., announced that its ongoing field exploration work continue expanding their drill target areas and has identified new veins at its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “Detailed mapping of the property including the expanded area of strong alteration at the Terrero target has been the focus of our current field work. Several new veins have been mapped and systematic analysis with our handheld XRF instrument is underway providing real time data on mineralized areas. Pino de Plata has obvious potential with multiple mineralized drill targets.”
- Discovery Metals Corp., increased the anomalous area to 1.5km long by 300m wide at its Minerva project in Coahuila. Surface sampling returned encouraging results with values up to 997 g/t Ag, 31% Zn, and 13% Pb. “The strong Ag-Zn-Pb grades of surface anomalies plus the dimensions of the corresponding areas suggest the presence of a robust carbonate replacement system”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., reported sampling results and the discovery of a new vein at its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Six samples collected on the La Chiva vein returned Ag grades between 33 and 1,190 g/t Ag, including a sample with 1.7 Kg over 1.5m; fourteen samples taken on the Pilar vein returned grades from trace to 233 g/t Ag; and ten samples collected on the new vein called Chente returned grades from 4 to 68 g/t Ag and from traces to 2.62 g/t Au.
- Gainey Capital Corp., received an environmental permit to drill up to 32 holes at its Las Margaritas project in Durango. The low sulphidation epithermal vein system at Las Margaritas has never been drilled and the upcoming program will be focused on the best mineralization exposed on surface with grades up to 73.7 g/t Au.
- McEwen Mining Inc., released Q1, 2019 production results from its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa. The company continues recovering Au from residual of the heap leach and produced 5,413 Oz Au.
- Great Panther Mining Limited, reported Q1, 2019 production results from its Topia mine in Durango and from its Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato. At Topia, the company milled 20,232 tonnes with grades of 1.09 g/t Au and 336 g/t Ag to produce 380 Oz Au, 203.6K Oz Ag, 1.08M Lb Pb, and 1.48M Lb Zn. Metallurgical recoveries for Au and Ag were 53.4% and 93.3% respectively. At its Guanajuato Mine Complex, the company milled 49,422 tonnes with grades of 2.07 g/t Au and 102 g/t Ag to produce 2,749 Oz Au and 134.8K Oz Ag. Metallurgical recoveries for Au and Ag were 83.7% and 83.3% respectively.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, reported March 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The company milled 3,855 tonnes with grades of 12.4% Zn and 1.5% Pb to produce 1.07M Lb Zn and 125.4K Lb Pb.
- Coeur Mining Inc., released Q1, 2019 production results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. Coeur milled 378,987 tonnes with grades of 2.18 g/t Au and 144 g/t Ag to produce 23.2K Oz Au and 1.3M Oz Ag. Metallurgical recoveries were 83.4% for Au and 72.8% for Ag.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., presented Q1, 2019 production results from their four Au-Ag mines in Mexico. The company produced 1M Oz Ag and 10K Oz Au. Figures for each of their Mexican operations is shown in the table below:
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q1, 2019 production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 256,643 tonnes with grades of 1.71 g/t Au and 267 g/t Ag to produce 12.7K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 90.14% and 90.76% respectively.
- Fresnillo plc., announced production results from their several Mexican operations. A total of 13.1M Oz Ag, 211K Oz Au, 27.2M Lb Pb, and 4.8M Lb Zn were produced during Q1, 2019. Figures by mine are shown in the next table:
- One World Lithium Inc., closed a second tranche of its non-brokered private placement for CDN$ 525,675. Including the proceeds from the first tranche, the company has raised CDN$ 1,774,550 under the offering, leaving CDN$225,450 of the offering yet to close. Net proceeds will be used to fund the drilling program at its Salar del Diablo in Baja California Norte.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced that the FS and permitting are progressing at its El Fenix project in Sinaloa, and expects to complete the FS on Q2, 2019.
- Fresnillo plc and MAG Silver Corp., announced that their Juanicipio project in Zacatecas has been approved for development by their respective Boards of Directors. Fresnillo will be the operator of Juanicipio and holds a 56% majority stake. Construction will commence immediately and is expected to be completed in late 2020, with a life of mine of 12 years and a total average annual production of 11.7M Oz Ag and 43.5K Oz Au. The Juanicipio development is expected to create approximately 2,750 jobs during construction and 1,720 jobs once at full production.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- One World Lithium Inc., announced the engagement of Kaye Wynn Consulting Inc., as its IR firm (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte).
- Sierra Metals Inc., announced changes of its Board of Directors (Cusi mine, Chihuahua).
- Goldcorp Inc., obtained a final order approving the plan of arrangement that allow Newmont Mining Corporation to acquire all outstanding common shares of Goldcorp. Goldcorp and Newmont expect to close the transaction in Q2, 2019, and the combined entity will be called Newmont Goldcorp.
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced that are exploring the potential sale of their Mexican assets (El Gallo and Fenix projects, Sinaloa).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., reported that Newcrest confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights pursuant to the investor rights agreement. Top-up rights in favour of Newcrest entitles it to maintain its pro-rata interest in Azucar, and the right to designate one nominee to the Board of Directors of Azucar. (El Cobre project, Veracruz).
- Fresnillo plc., announced changes on its Board of Directors, appointed Mr. Luis Robles as an independent non-executive director of the company (La Herradura mine, Sonora).
- Oroco Resources Corp., announced that its affiliate Altamura Copper Corp., has acquired an option to purchase 40M shares of Aztec Copper Corporation. At the time of their issuance, the Aztec shares represented in excess of 90 percent ownership of Aztec (Santo Tomás project, Sinaloa).
- VVC Exploration Corporation., appointed Ms. Emily King to its Board of Directors (Samalayuca project, Chihuahua).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, an active hot spring system in a prospect in Queretaro, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 14th week of the year (April 1st to April 7th, 2019), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, an initiative with anti-mining tones was discarded by the Senate. The undersecretary of mining stated that no changes to the mining law, or tax increases in mining are envisaged by AMLO’s administration, and that the focus is to be in decreasing the regulatory load to incentivize the sector. On the other hand, he stated that regulations have to be actualized, highlighting community consultations. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minaurum presented drilling results from several vein systems at its Alamos Silver property; Aloro submitted a new environmental permit for its Venados project. In Chihuahua, Sable Resources released a thick, good grade intercept from one hole at its Margarita project. In Veracruz, Azucar Metals disclosed good Au-Cu results from one more hole at its El Cobre property. ON MINING, Consolidated Zinc has a new toll agreement for its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Endeavour Silver achieved commercial production at its El Compas mine in Zacatecas. Telson Mining released historic metallurgical test results that support higher precious metal recoveries for its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. Alamos Gold has produced 2 M Oz Au at the Mulatos mine in Sonora. Torex Gold produced 77.8 K Oz Au during the last quarter at its Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. GoGold produced 288.7 K Oz Ag in Parral, Chihuahua. Arcelor Mittal invested over US$1 B on its Michoacan plant in 2018. ON FINANCING, Sonoro Metals raised $650K. Defiance Silver closed the second tranche of its financing, raising $1.06 M. Sable Resources announced an offering to raise up to $1.5 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mag Silver disclosed development advances at Juanicipio, Zacatecas. Sierra Metals disclosed positive drill results from testing of a geophysical anomaly at Bolivar, Chihuahua. Evrim informed on the increase in resources by First Majestic at the Ermitaño project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alamos Gold sold a portfolio of non-core royalties. Bacanora Lithium continues to negotiate with Oman for funding of the Sonora Lithium project. Premier Gold divested of several properties, including the Santa Teresa property in Baja California. American Silver and Pershing Gold continue on its path to business combination. GoldCorp’s shareholders support the business combination with Newmont.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- An initiative with anti-mining tones was discarded by the senate. The initiative presented on November 2018 by the now deceased senator Angelica Garcia, caused a fall in the value of mining companies in the Mexican stock market at the time of its presentation. The Comisiones Unidas de Mineria y Desarrollo Regional y de Estudios Legislativos discarded the proposal on March 27th, based on multiple deficiencies regarding operational overlapping of several government organisms and the lack of well-defined procedures on environmental and negative social impact issues.
- Francisco Quiroga, undersecretary of mining, in an interview with El Financiero Bloomberg, stated that the Federal Government is not to realize changes to the Mining Law, nor to impose a tax increase in the mining industry. The priority, he said, is to reduce the regulatory load and to augment the financing of projects. He added that regulations have to be actualized in maters like community consults, but that there is no need to change the Mining Law. He also pointed that there are not going to be legal changes on the direct foreign investment in mining.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. informed that three of the new vein systems at its Alamos Silver project host significant mineralisation at depth, and drilling has intersected five previously unknown blind veins. To date, 9 of the 15 vein systems identified have been drilled, and Minaurum plans to put at least one hole on each of these before turning to follow-up phase III drilling. Highlighted results from phase II drilling of new veins comprise: 9.6 m @ 198 gpt Ag, 0.17% Cu, 0.2% Pb, 0.9% Zn (or 269 gpt AgEq); 0.9 m @ 302 gpt Ag, 0.21% Cu, 0.5% Pb, 0.8% Zn (or 383 gpt AgEq); 2.05 m @ 181 gpt Ag, 0.15% Cu, 1.6% Pb, 1.5% Zn (or 338 gpt AgEq); 2.85 m @ 25 gpt Ag, 2.3% Pb, 10.6% Zn (or 618 gpt AgEq); 0.9 m @ 391 gpt Ag; 0.11% Cu, 0.4% Pb, 0.3% Zn (or 548 gpt AgEq). Good drill core mineralised intercepts have been obtained from the Minas Nuevas, Promontorio, San Jose, Europa-Guadalupe, Nueva Europa, Amalia, Tigre, Ana, Travesia and El Creston vein systems.
- Sable Resources Ltd. announced results from one more drill hole at its Margarita project in Chihuahua. This drill hole is on the same section line than a deep hole from the previous drilling campaign, and extends mineralisation 350 m NW from other holes. Highlighted intervals comprise 37.35 m @ 117 gpt Ag, 0.7% Zn, 0.2% Pb, 0.17 gpt Au (or 177 gpt AgEq), including 0.90 m @ 353 gpt Ag, 0.6% Zn, 0.1% Pb (391 gpt AgEq) and 5.50 m @ 400 gpt Ag, 3.0% Zn, 1.1% Pb, 1.07 gpt Au (or 689 gpt AgEq), including 1.65 m @ 790 gpt Ag, 0.4% Zn, 2.0% Pb, 2.92 gpt Au (or 1,122 gpt AgEq). “This hole was intended to test close to surface mineralisation above low-grade mineralisation intercepted at depth in Hole 3 and we are delighted at hitting such strong, thick mineralisation.”
- Aloro Mining Corp. submitted to SEMARNAT a new environmental permit for approval of drilling and road construction at its Los Venados property in Sonora. “Aloro was able to apply for the new permit after recently negotiating a new 3 year – 50 drill hole surface access agreement with the Mulatos Ejido.” The new permit is focused on the blind target in the SE corner of the concession, where a drill hole from the last campaign intersected 32 m of strong silicic alteration with brecciated vuggy quartz and sulfides, and 4.5 m @ 1.57 gpt Au.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. released results from one more drill hole at its El Cobre project in Veracruz. The hole, drilled on the Raya Tembrillo target in the northern edge of the Villa Rica zone, intercepted hypogene porphyry mineralisation from surface, with 168.1 m @ 0.56 gpt Au, 0.29% Cu, including 77.5 m @ 0.78 gpt Au, 0.35% Cu, which in turn include 27.95 m @ 1.53 gpt Au, 0.43% Cu and 12.1 m @ 2.04 gpt Au, 0.58% Cu.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced the execution of a new toll agreement for its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua, whilst still negotiating new offtake agreements for the concentrates. On March 22, CZL received the notification of termination of its toll agreement with Grupo Mexico (60-day termination notice), and by March 29 a toll agreement was executed with Triturado y Minerales La Piedrera S.A. de C.V. for processing of the ore at its Aldama concentrator facility. The Aldama plant has a 300 tonnes per day (or tpd) capacity that Plomosas can fully utilize. The contract is for 18 months with 6 months extension for CZL. “CZL will process Plomosas ore at both the Aldama Plant and Grupo Mexico Santa Eulalia concentrators for approximately a month under its contracts”. Negotiations are ongoing with a number of parties, “including Industrias Penoles S.A.B. de C.V. and Trafigura Beheer BV, to sell the Plomosas Zinc and Lead Concentrates”.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. informed that commercial production was achieved in mid-March at El Compas mine in Zacatecas, its fourth mine in Mexico. “El Compas has a nominal plant capacity of 250 tonnes per day (tpd) at estimated recovery rates of 83% gold and 50% silver. From February 18 to March 17, the operation processed development ore from stockpile at an average production rate of 232 tpd (93% of design rate) and recovery rates of 73.5% gold (88% of design rate) and 45.5% silver (63% of design rate but only 13% of revenue)”.
- Telson Mining Corp. released results of historic Leachox Process testing to try to increase Au and Ag recoveries on its Campo Morado mine tailings material, in Guerrero. The 2013 report by Maelgwyn Mineral Services for Nyrstar (then the mine operator) stated a maximum recovery of 65% Au, 75% Ag for 20 microns grinded material, and 45% Au, 81% Ag for 40 microns grinded material. “We could improve recoveries from current levels of gold at 15-20% and silver 30-40%, which would significantly increase the mines profitability by increasing the ounces of gold and silver produced at Campo Morado.”
- Alamos Gold Inc. announced that its Mulatos mine in Sonora produced its two millionth ounce of gold in March 2019. “This milestone also marks the end of the 5% NSR royalty that the operation has been paying since the start of production in 2005. At the current gold price, this represents a savings of approximately $65 per ounce, which has already been incorporated into previously disclosed guidance…… The Mulatos operation has been an incredible success story. It started producing gold in 2005 with approximately a seven-year mine life and 14 years later, the mine still has six years of reserves ahead of it.”
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. reported that in Q1, 2019, a total of 77,800 Oz Au were produced at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero. “Debt principal was reduced by $18.6 million, and cash balances at the end of the quarter were $119 million, including $26.8 million of restricted cash.” Field trials are underway for the first piece of equipment for the proprietary Muckahi mining system.
- Gogold Resources Corp. announced record production of 288.7 K Oz Ag and 1,613 Oz Au (or 424.2 K Oz AgEq) from its Parral tailings operation in Chihuahua.
- Arcelor Mittal. invested $1,635 M during 2018 in Michoacan, while looking to expand its production capacity in Mexico, including a new line of sheeted steel plate, mining, and the modernization of its production plant. The new installations are located in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan, to take advantage of the Economic Special Zones to produce 5.3 M tonnes of steel, focusing on the higher aggregate value of sheet steel plate in the automotive and aerospace industries.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. completed a non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $650 K (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Defiance Silver Corp. closed the second tranche of its previously announced private placement, for gross proceeds of $1.06 M, paying $21.3 K finder’s fees and emitting 106.5 K non-transferable broker warrants (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
- Sable Resources Ltd. announced a non-brokered offering that could raise up to $1.5 M (Margarita, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mag Silver Corp. disclosed audited consolidated results for 2018. At Juanicipio, in Zacatecas, operated by partner Fresnillo PLC, mine construction continues with “developing the three internal spiral footwall ramps at depth to access the full strike length of the Valdecañas Vein system; excavating and constructing the underground crushing chamber; advancing the conveyor ramp from both ends to and from the planned mill site….. integrating additional ventilation and other associated underground infrastructure, and progressing the construction of surface infrastructure facilities”. During 2018, 6,636 m of underground development were completed, taking the total to date to over 18.5 km. Some highlighted intersections of the 46,060 m of drilling during the year comprise: 11.6 m (true width, or TW) @ 783 gpt Ag, 2.57 gpt Au, 6.5% Pb, 9.5% Zn (Deep Zone West); 6.3 m @ 246 gpt Ag, 1.78 gpt Au, 7.2% Pb, 11.6% Zn, 0.4% Cu (Deep Zone East); 3.2 m @ 472 gpt Ag, 0.31 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.4% Zn (New Pre-Anticipada vein); 3.0 m (core length) @ 392 gpt Ag, 5.6 gpt Au. Mag remains well funded, with cash and cash equivalents of $130 M by the end of the year.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported positive results from drill testing a geophysical anomaly at the Bolivar West zone of their Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. Drilling of the Titan 24 chargeability target identified and defined a new zone named West Extension to the Bolivar West zone, which is an extension of the Bolivar West structure. Highlighted drill intercepts comprise: 4 m @ 140 gpt Ag, 2.29% Cu, 7.6% Zn, 0.09 gpt Au (or 6.56% CuEq); 20 m @ 15 gpt Ag, 1.32% Cu, 1.16 gpt Au (or 2.42% ZnEq); 3 m @ 36 gpt Ag, 0.87% Cu, 8.5% Zn (or 4.63% CuEq).
- Evrim Resources Corp. informed that First Majestic Silver Corp. announced a 20% increase in inferred resources over the maiden resource estimation of 2018 at the Ermitaño property in Sonora. A total of 8.81 M AgEq Oz (or 119 K AuEq Oz) were upgraded to indicated status, while 48.98 M AgEq Oz (or 659 K AuEq Oz) are defined as inferred resources. First Majestic is planning to complete 16,000 m of drilling during 2019.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported entering into an agreement for the sale of a portfolio of non-core royalties to Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd., for proceeds of USD$8.0 M in Metalla common shares with the right to receive additional an additional USD$0.6 M upon Metalla’s exercise of the La Fortuna option. The portfolio of 18 royalties being sold is all on assets not owned by Alamos in several countries. This includes a 2% NSR royalty on the El Realito property, adjacent to the La India mine in Sonora.
- Bacanora Lithium PLC. Announced “that it remains in active discussions with the State General Reserve Fund of Oman (“SGRF”), the sovereign wealth fund of the Sultanate of Oman, to conclude the proposed US$65M Strategic Investment Agreement and Offtake Agreement for Bacanora’s flagship Sonora Lithium Project in Mexico……. the Company remains focused on completing the funding package in Q2 2019 with a view to commissioning a chemical processing plant and commencing first production at Sonora in H2 2021”.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. announced the divestment of several properties in Canada, and the Santa Teresa property in Baja California. The divestment of the properties is the result of four transactions that accrued US$1.23 M to Premier. No information was provided on the parties involved on the transactions.
- Americas Silver Corp. and Pershing Gold Corp. announced that the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has completed its review of the companies’ previously announced business combination and that they expect their business combination transaction to be completed by April 3rd.
- GoldCorp Inc. informed that GoldCorp’s shareholders have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the combination with Newmont Mining Corp.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, quartz druse from a breccia in a Michoacan project. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the seventh week of the year (February 25th to March 03th, 2019), at least 21 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight informing on exploration results, five communicating production results, three reporting on resources and development of their properties, three announcing financing rounds, and two disclosing deals and corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minaurum and First Majestic reported drilling results from its Alamo Silver and Ermitaño projects respectively. In Chihuahua, Sable reported drilling results from its Margarita project; Mammoth and its partner Centerra provided an update on exploration activities at its Tenoriba project; and Evrim-Coeur commenced a drilling program at its El Sarape project. In Durango, Southern Silver released drill results from its Cerro Las Minitas project. In Guanajuato, Plata Latina announced results from the 2017-2018 drilling program at its Naranjillo project. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals released drill results from its El Cobre project. ON MINING, Gold Resource reported Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its Oaxaca Mining Unit in Oaxaca. Premier Gold provided 2019 production guidance for its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Fresnillo plc announced full year 2018 production results from their mining operations. ON FINANCING, Advanced Gold closed a private placement for $369,950 (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). Riverside increased its previously non- brokered private placement from $1.5M to $2.3M. Silver Spruce closed a non-brokered private placement for $434,221 (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua). Evrim provided an update. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay announced positive metallurgical results from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Mexus Gold confirmed its plan to mine 3,500 tonnes per week from its Santa Elena project in Sonora. Gold Resource updated annual reserve estimates at its Oaxaca Mining Unit in Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Azure appointed key advisor for the funding to develop its Oposura project in Sonora. Aloro signed a new surface access agreement with the Mulatos Ejido (Los Venados project, Sonora).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Minaurum Gold Inc., reported drilling results from its Alamo Silver project in Sonora, demonstrating that three of the new veins mapped host significant mineralization at depth and have the potential for silver-rich shoot along strike and at depth. Highlights from Phase II drilling of the new veins include 198 g/t Ag, 0.17%Cu, 0.2%Pb, and 0.9%Zn or 269 g/t AgEq over 9.6m in hole AL18-015, including 302 g/t Ag, 0.21%Cu, 0.5%Pb, and 0.8%Zn over 0.9m (San Jose Vein), and 25 g/t Ag, 2.3%Pb, 10.6%Zn or 618 g/t AgEq over 2.85m in hole AL18-011, including 40 g/t Ag, 3.6%Pb, and 16.5%Zn over 1.75m (Ana Vein).
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced drill results from its Ermitaño project in Sonora. Significant drill results are 3.4 g/t Au and 53 g/t Ag (327 g/t AgEq) over 30.1m in hole EW-18-35, including 19.4 g/t Au and 139 g/t Ag (1,691 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m and 18.7 g/t Au and 118 g/t Ag (1,614 g/t AgEq) over 0.7m; 11.1 g/t Au and 128 g/t Ag (1,019 g/t AgEq) over 11.2m in hole EW-18-36, including 19.8 g/t Au and 307 g/t Ag (1,891 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m, 70.8 g/t Au and 567 g/t Ag (6,231 g/t AgEq) over 1.3m, 20.1 g/t Au and 122 g/t Ag (1,730 g/t AgEq) over 1.3m, and 32 g/t Au and 326 g/t Ag (2,886 g/t AgEq) over 1.4 m; 6.3 g/t Au and 149 g/t Ag (654 g/t AgEq) over 17.6m in hole EW-18-39, including 17 g/t Au and 520 g/t Ag (1,879 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m, 20.1 g/t Au and 369 g/t Ag (1,980 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m, 8.6 g/t Au and 387 g/t Ag (1,074 g/t AgEq) over 1m, 15.5 g7t Au and 149 g/t Ag (1,392 g/t AgEq) over 1m, 10.4 g/t Au and 180 g/t Ag (1,010 g/t AgEq) over 1m, and 14.4 g/t Au and 192 g/t Ag (1,342 g7t AgEq) over 1.2m; and 3.9 g/t Au and 95 g/t Ag (403 g/t AgEq) over 28.3m in hole EW-18-47, including 21.1 g/t Au and 434 g/t Ag (2,125 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m, 10.4 g/t Au and 184 g7t Ag (1,019 g/t AgEq) over 1.4m, and 11.8 g/t Au and 160 g/t Ag (1,100 g/t AgEq) over 2.1m.
- Sable Resources, presented the first drill results from the stage II drilling program at its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Highlights are 283 g/t Ag, 0.3%Pb, and 0.8%Zn (298 g/t AgEq) over 33.3m, including 579 g/t Ag, 0.8%Pb, and 1.7%Zn (702 g/t AgEq) over 9.9m in hole M-DDH-19-14, and 101 g/t Ag, 0.5%Pb, and 0.04%Zn (141 g/t Ag) over 4.7m, including 302 g/t Ag, 1.73 g/t Au, and 0.04%Zn (527 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m in hole M-DDH-19-15. Results from hole M-DDH-19-15 allow to extend the strike length of the Margarita structure a further 250m to the southeast. True widths are estimated to be 90% of the intercept based on vein to core angle.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., and its partner Centerra Gold Inc., provided an update on exploration activities at its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Work has commenced and include to continue the mapping and sampling of areas previously evaluated by Mammoth, to cover infill and extensions of these areas, in order to enhance the understanding of the geological features relevant to Au-Ag mineralization, and perform an IP and Mag geophysical survey over the 40% of the mineralized trend already cover by a previous survey, and extend the coverage over portions of the 60% of the mineralized trend not yet covered by any IP-Mag geophysics. After completing these activities, the plan is to drill test new targets generated by mapping, sampling and geophysics surveys.
- Evrim Resources Inc., and Coeur Mining Inc., commenced a 2,500m drilling program to test the two main targets at its Sarape project in Chihuahua. “Drilling is planned to test the Sarape and Chiltepin veins; targets that have potential for significant gold-silver shoots beneath zones of favourable geochemistry.”
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., released final results from the 2018 drilling program at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Significant results from the most recent drilling program carried out in the central part of the Skarn Front are 409 g/t Ag, 0.9% Cu, 0.8%Pb, and 8.4%Zn (871 g/t AgEq; 24.6% ZnEq) over 2.6m (2m TW), including 477 g/t Ag, 3.7%Cu, 0.6%Pb, and 32.3%Zn (2,181 g/t AgEq; 61.1% ZnEq) in hole 18CLM-115, and 640 g/t Ag, 1%Cu, 16.7% Pb, and 22.4% Zn (2,117 g/t AgEq; 59.8%ZnEq) over 1m (0.8mTW) in hole 18CLM-115. At Las Victorias Zone, hole CLM-117 intersected 202 g/t Ag, 1.6 g/t Au, 3.8%Pb, and 1.8% Zn (501 g/t AgEq, 14.2% ZnEq) over 2.3m (1.2m TW), and 71 g/t Ag, 0.1%Pb, and 3.3% Zn (220 g/t AgEq, 6.2% ZnEq) over 2.8m (2.4m TW).
- Plata latina Minerals Corporation, announced results from the 2017-2018 drilling program carried out by Metalurgica Reyna S.A. de C.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fresnillo plc at its Naranjillo project in Guanajuato. Highlights include 5,507 g/t Ag and 34.74 g/t Au (8,401 g/t AgEq) over 3.13m (TW) in hole CB-96; 4,978 g/t Ag and 5.57 g/t Au (5,443 g/t AgEq) over 2.31m (TW); and 3,598 g/t Ag and 32.10 g/t Au (6,272 g/t AgEq) over 4.72m (TW). “The drill results from Naranjillo continue to demonstrate the discovery of a significant and extensive epithermal vein system, typical of the Mexican Silver Belt”.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., released drill results from its El Cobre project in Veracruz. Significant drill results from the Villa Rica area are 0.23 g/t Au and 0.15%Cu over 161.20m, including 0.51 g/t Au and 0.43%Cu over 18m in hole EC-18-052; 0.21 g/t Au and 0.16%Cu over 116.30m, including 0.85 g/t Au and 0.39%Cu over 12.40m in hole EC-18-054; and 0.14 g/t Au and 0.16%Cu over 87m, including 0.34 g/t Au and 0.35%Cu over 12m in hole EC-18-057.
- Gold Resource Corporation, reported Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its Oaxaca Mining Unit in Oaxaca. In Q4, 163,999 tonnes were milled to produce 7,974 Oz Au, 330.6K Oz Ag, 990K Lb Cu, 4.5M Lb Pb, and 12.48m Lb Zn. In 2018, the company milled 611,670 tonnes to produce 26.8K Oz Au, 1.67M Oz Ag, 3.7M Lb Cu, 16.3M Lb Pb, and 44.37M Lb Zn.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, provided a guidance production for its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where it expects to produce in the year 2019 over 75K-85K Oz Au and 225K-250K Oz Ag with a cash cost of US$730-750 per Oz Au or US$900-950 AISC per Oz Au.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, presented Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its mining operations. The company did not report figures by unit mine. During Q4, it milled 89,270 tonnes to produce 438K Oz Ag, and 4.1K Oz Au or 951.8K Oz AgEq, with a cash cost of $12.88 per Oz AgEq or an AISC of $15.62 per Oz AgEq for Q4, and $12.63 and $15.72 respectively for the full year 2018.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q4 and full year 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. A summary is shown in the tables below:
- Fresnillo plc., announced full year 2018 production results from their mining operations in Mexico. The company produced 61.8M Oz Ag and 923K Oz Au in 2018. A summary by mine is shown in the table below:
- Advanced Gold Corp., closed a private placement for $369,950. Net proceeds will be used to fund the phase 3 drilling at its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas.
- Riverside Resources Inc., increased its previously announced non-brokered private placement from $1.5M to $2.3M. Gross proceeds will be used to fund a drilling program at its Cecilia project in Sonora, additional project acquisitions, and target refinement on existing projects.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for $434, 221. Gross proceeds will be used to prepare initial drilling of its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., announced positive metallurgical recoveries for initial test work from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. 74 drill core samples were selected from the mineralized zone, including the oxide transition and sulphide mineralization with a total of 146 Kg. Metallurgical results indicate that the high grade Ag mineralization is amenable to standard cyanidation processing with recoveries ranging from 82% to 92% Ag.
- Mexus Gold US, confirmed that with its first stage of exploratory core drilling complete, it is moving forward with its plan to mine 3,500 tonnes per week from Julio II area within its Santa Elena project in Sonora.
- Gold Resource Corporation, updated annual reserve estimates as of December 31, 2018 at its Oaxaca Mining Unit in Oaxaca. Proven and probable reserves are 3,077,200 tons of 1.82 g/t Au and 127 g/t Ag (3.5 g/t AuEq) for a total of 180.3K Oz Au and 12.6M Oz Ag (346.6 g/t AuEq). Mineralized material (exclusive of proven and probable reserves) are 1,936,500 tons of 1.5 g/t Au and 125 g/t Ag (3.13 g7t AuEq) for 96K Oz Au and 7.5M Oz Ag (195.3K Oz AuEq).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Azure Minerals Limited, appointed key adviser for the funding to develop its Oposura project in Sonora.
- Aloro Mining Corp., signed a new three year surface agreement with the Mulatos Ejido that allows Aloro to built roads for drilling and collar up to 50 drillholes.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a hydrothermal breccia cemented by calcite-quartz in a low-intermediate sulphidation epithermal vein system in a project in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Toronto, Canada (February 26, 2019) – Mammoth Resources Corp. (TSX-V: MTH), (the “Company”, or “Mammoth”) is please to provide an update on exploration activities at its Tenoriba precious metal, gold-silver property located in the prolific Sierra Madre precious metal belt in southwestern Chihuahua State, Mexico.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 8th week of the year (February 18th to February 24th, 2019), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The first declaration of liberties for the year was issued on February 19th. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja, One World Lithium is to drill the Salar del Diablo property. In Chihuahua, Valterra presented the exploration plan for Los Reyes Cu-Au project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining presented drilling results from its Manto Negro Cu project. ON MINING, Mc Ewen Mining, Torex Gold, Coeur Mining, Argonaut Gold, Pan American Silver and Hecla presented Q4 and full year 2018 production or financial results. Camrova presented mining details from El Boleo in Baja. Mako Mining has recommenced mining activities at La Trinidad in Sinaloa. Magellan Gold processed third-party’s ore on its mill. ON FINANCING, Mexican Gold presented, and then withdrew, for an extension on the date for warrants exercise. Alamos Gold augmented its annual dividend. Solaris Copper is considered a public corporation. Mako Mining is undertaking a financing round of up to CAD$4.5 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Impact Silver is drilling other veins in Zacualpan. Minera Alamos is still selling gold from the pilot plant at Santana, in Sonora. Alamos Gold and Pan American Silver presented updated resources for its properties. Silver Bull is to perform a new drilling round at Sierra Mojada, Coahuila. Goldplay is finding mineralization on trend of its resource at El Magistral, in Sinaloa. Telson reported on development of Tahuehueto, in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Riverside entered into a definitive agreement with Sinaloa Resources on La Silla project, in Sinaloa. Aztec Minerals and Aloro Mining appointed senior figures for its business and technical advisory committees. Pan American Silver completed the acquisition of Tahoe Resources.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The first declarations of liberties (or open ground for staking) for the year was released on February 19th. The 95 concessions on several states will be open for staking at 10:00 am, 30 days after the date of publication on the official gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación).
- One World Lithium Inc. signed a contract to drill 4,200 m of reverse circulation holes on its Salar del Diablo property in Baja California. The program includes 12 holes varying between 150 and 500 m of depth to test three geophysical highly conductive zones and two geochemical surface sampling anomalies.
- Prize Mining Corp. presented drilling results from its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. Mineralized intercepts include 4.4 m @ 1.02% Cu, 28 gpt Ag; 3.55 m @ 1.69% Cu, 28 gpt Ag at Manto Negro; 4.10 m @ 0.88% Cu, 49 gpt; 3.40 m @ 1.58% Cu, 122 gpt Ag; 4.05 m @ 0.82% Cu, 55 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 1.43% Cu, 126 gpt Ag; 2.90 m @ 0.72% Cu, 24 gpt Ag; 2.05 m @ 0.76% Cu, 33 gpt Ag; 6.05 m @ 1.29% Cu, 77 gpt Ag; 1.05 m @ 3.23% Cu, 135 gpt Ag; 3.80 m @ 1.62% Cu, 143 gpt Ag at Pilar Grande; 6.75 m @ 0.75% Cu, 9 gpt Ag; 1.20 m @ 0.71% Cu, 13 gpt Ag at La Cuchilla, and 1.10 m @ 1.21% Cu, 26 gpt Ag; 1.50 m @ 1.24% Cu, 102 gpt Ag at El Pilon. At El Granizo, a 150 m log by 50 m wide zone contains a 2-4 m thick horizon of copper oxide mineralisation, but is disrupted by strong faulting. At Pilar Grande, drilling probed mineralisation on a longitude of 180 m, but further testing is problematic due to strong topographic relief. The British Columbia Securities Commission lifted the cease trade order issued on Prize Mining after the company complied on the presentation of its 2018 annual filings.
- Valterra Resource Corp. has received permits for exploration at its Los Reyes Cu-Au property in Chihuahua, Mexico. The exploration program for 2019 includes surface mapping and sampling to be followed by an 8-10 km line-km IP geophysical program and a 2,500 diamond drilling program in 8 holes to test a 600 m strike length of the Cu-Au skarn. “The company is initially targeting a five to ten million tonne, shallow high grade Cu-Au resource localized along the strike length of the exposed skarn zone“.
- Camrova Resources Inc. provided an update on mining at El Boleo, Baja California, property on which it has a 7.24% interest. On administration, the CEO and chairman were appointed. On financing, a US$713.1 M comes due in 2019 and will need refinancing. On mining, underground mine production was 440 K tonnes @ 1.18% Cu (558 K tonnes @ 1.21% Cu budgeted for the period). The forecast for 2019 is 654 K tonnes @ 1.26% Cu. Open pit mine production on 2018 was 2,215 tonnes @ 0.93% Cu (2.06 M tonnes @ 1.19% Cu budgeted for the period) and the forecast for 2019 is 2.35 M tonnes @ 0.87% Cu. Ore delivered to the plant in 2018 was 2.81 M tonnes @ 0.95% Cu, to produce 19,438 metric tons of copper, 226 tons of cobalt, 452 tons Zn, averaging recoveries of 77.5% Cu, 15.8% Co, 1.6% Zn. Minera y Metalúrgica del Boleo, S.A.P.I. de C.V. has a $303.4 K debt with Camrova, and has been served with a judicial notice demanding the payment.
- Mako Mining Corp. owns 100% interest on the La Trinidad property in Sinaloa, as result of the acquisition of Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. After Hurricane Willa hit the mine installations on October of last year, operations were halted due to the inundation of the pit. Dewatering of the Taunus pit is near completion and mining has recommenced. Crushing and stacking on the leach pad is ongoing, and this month to date over 71 K tonnes @ 1.22 g/t gold has been mined.
- McEwen Mining Inc. Reported fourth quarter and full year 2018 results, including information on its Mexican operations. At El Gallo in Sinaloa, 5,632 Oz AuEq were produced on the quarter, and 39,105 on the year, at cash cost $733 and AISC $771. El Gallo 2019 production guidance is 13,000 gold ounces at cash costs and AISC per GEO of $875 and $915, respectively. These ounces are derived from residual heap leaching activities that are ongoing and will continue for several years.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. presented its yearly production report 2018. During the last quarter Torex delivered 96,316 Oz Au, reaching 353,947 Oz Au produced on the year. This was achieved by the mining of 32.6 M tonnes, or 93,214 tonnes per day (tpd), of which 4.33 Mt @ 2.69 gpt Au were ore. The plant processed 4.15 Mt at a rate of 13,011 tpd @ 2.97 gpt during the year, with a recovery of 85% Au, a cash cost of $646 per Oz Au and AISC of $964 per Oz Au.
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported fourth quarter and full year 2018 financial results, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, 1.38 M tons were milled @ 202 gpt Ag, 3.11 gpt Au, recovering 83.8% Ag and 88.9% Au, to produce 7.52 M Oz Ag, 122,722 Oz Au during the year. On the 4Q, 378.4 K tonnes were milled @ 185 gpt Ag, 2.49 gpt Au, recovering 84.0% Ag and 97.6% Au, to produce 1.89 M Oz Ag, 31,239 Oz Au. During the year over 74,500 m were drilled on the property. Coeur will no longer provide guidance or final reporting on all-in-sustaining cost (AISC), and is using the figure of “CAS” (costs applicable to sales), which is here interpreted as cash cost per silver ounce. Given these considerations, Palmarejo produced at a cash cost of $8.46 per AgEq ounce (the lowest on its international portfolio).
- Argonaut Gold Inc. disclosed its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and year 2018. During the year Argonaut had $196.1 M of revenue, an increase of $41 M. on the prior year. At El Castillo Complex (El Castillo and San Agustin mines), in Durango, 15.52 M tonnes of waste and 16.18 M tonnes of ore were mined at a rate of 87 K tonnes per day (tpd) with a waste/ore ratio of 0.96. A total of 9.17 M tonnes of ore were crushed and piled on the leach pads, at a grade of 0.38 gpt Au, producing 113,180 Oz Au and 276,272 Oz Ag at cash cost $737 per Au Oz. At La Colorada, Sonora, 18.86 M tonnes of waste and 4.49 M tonnes of ore were mined at a rate of 64 K tpd and a waste/ore ratio of 3.74. Tonnes placed on the leach pad were 5.05 M at a grade of 0.40 gpt Au, producing 45,886 Oz Au, 147,348 Oz Ag at cash cost $914 per Au ounce.
- Pan American Silver Corp. presented its financial results for Q4 and full year 2018, including figures from its Mexican operations. At La Colorada, in Zacatecas, production for the quarter 2.1 M Oz Ag, 1,200 Oz Au, and 7.6 M Oz Ag, 4,400 Oz Au for the year, at cash cost $2.02 per Ag Oz. At Dolores, in Chihuahua, production for the quarter was 0.8 M Oz Ag, 29,400 Oz Au, and 4.1 M Oz Ag, 136,600 Oz Au for the year, at cash cost ($1.87).
- Hecla Mining Co. disclosed its Q4 and full year 2018 earnings conference call. In the presentation, San Sebastian in Durango is expected to produce 2.0 M Oz Ag, 14 K Oz Au at cash cost $9.00, AISC $12.00 per silver ounce after byproduct credits.
- Magellan Gold Corp. informed it has processed ore from a private third-party on its SDA mill in Acaponeta, Nayarit. Magellan is advancing the El Dorado project 50 km to the south of the mill. “Quotes have been obtained for contract mining and applications for environmental and blasting permits are in progress”.
- Mexican Gold Corp. made an application to the TSX Venture Exchange to extend for six months the expiry date of outstanding warrants exercisable to purchase over 8.4 M common shares of Mexican Gold. Later on the week Mexican Gold withdrew the application for the extension (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Alamos Gold Inc. announced the doubling of its annual dividend to $0.01 per common share quarterly (Mulatos, Sonora).
- Solaris Copper Inc. received notification from the Canada Revenue Agency that it is considered a “public corporation” as of November 30, 2018 (La Verde, Michoacan).
- Mako Mining Corp. is undertaking a non-brokered private placement to raise up to CAD$4.5 M, through the issuance of shares that can be bought by existing shareholders (La Trinidad, Sinaloa)
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Impact Silver Corp. informed drilling has commenced on the El Canelo vein, in the Santa Teresa area of its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. “Trench sampling along the strike of the vein at 10m intervals returned an average gold grade of 6.5 g/t over a true width of 1.66m and a length of 50m”. Exploration programs are ongoing in the San Ramon Sur area to the south of the San Ramon mine and at the Manto America area 4 km south of the Santa Teresa area.
- Minera Alamos Inc. reported the sale of 162 Oz Au from residual leaching of its 50 K tonnes bulk leach test at the Santana project in Sonora. The cumulative gold recovered from the bulk test is 1,060 Oz Au, for a calculated recovered gold of 0.66 g/t. The exploration program at the project involves over 10,000 m of drilling on the Nicho and Nicho Norte deposits, and a number of high priority targets, like Zata, Benjamin and Ubaldo.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported its updated mineral reserves and resources, as the end of 2018. Of the 22.4 M Oz Au held by Alamos in all categories, 7.4 M Oz Au are in Mexico.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. is about to start an 8,000 m surface drill program on its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The program will test a series of the sulphide extension at depth of the main deposit, and a series of untested targets. The updated resource presented on last October includes an open pittable M&I resource of 13.5 M tonnes @ 11.2% Zn, and an open pittable M&I resource of 15.2 M tonnes @ 114.9 gpt Ag, and a total of M&I resources of 70.4 M tonnes @ 38.6 gpt, 3.4% Zn containing 5.3 B Lb Zn, 87.4 M Oz Ag.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. obtained high-grade silver results from a trench extending mineralisation from the resource area to the Faisanes target at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. The trench samples were collected with a rock saw, with results highlighting two true width (TW) intervals of 15.0 m @ 472 g/t Ag and 14.6 m @ 211 g/t Ag within a 56 m @ 196 gpt Ag TW interval.
- Pan American Silver Corp. presented its updated mineral reserve and resource base to the end of 2018, including figures for its Mexican properties, as can be seen on the table below. At La Colorada, in Zacatecas, over 20,800 meters of drilling were performed during the period. “Exploration drilling of the skarn mineralization at depth, approximately 500 to 800 metres below the drill stations, indicates wide intercepts with high-grade, polymetallic mineralization”. Recent drill hole intercepts include: 44.5 m @ 40 gpt Ag, 0.1% Cu, 2.0% Pb, 4.7% Zn; 48.8 m @ 29 gpt Ag, 0.17% Cu, 1.4% Pb, 4.3% Zn; 67.9 m @ 18 gpt Ag, 0.07% Cu, 0.6% Pb, 4.7% Zn; 308.1 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 0.20% Cu, 1.9% Pb, 4.5% Zn; 64.7 m @ 33 gpt, 0.16% Cu, 2.0% Pb, 2.9% Zn.
- Telson Mining Corp. reported on development progress and significant underground assay results at its Tahuehueto property in Durango. Mineralisation exposed during development returned high-grade assays, like: 6.74 m @ 3.80 gpt Au, 53 gpt Ag, 0.42% Cu, 2.4% Pb, 5.2% Zn; 4.40 m @ 5.39 gpt Au, 62 gpt Ag, 0.46% Cu, 3.0% Pb, 8.5% Zn; 3.55 m @ 8.61 gpt Au, 35 gpt Ag, 0.12% Cu, 1.4% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 6.77 m @ 5.36 gpt Au, 109 gpt Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.3% Pb, 2.4% Zn, 2.0 m @ 5.54 gpt Au, 42 gpt Ag, 0.12% Cu, 2.2% Pb, 6.2% Zn. Pre-production mining produced 37.7 K tonnes @ 3.86 gpt Au, 43.6 gpt Ag, 3.9% Zn, 0.24% Cu, 2.1% Pb. A total of 1.44 km of underground development was completed, and mill construction continues.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced that partner Sinaloa Resources Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement that begins with an initial option to acquire a 70% interest in the La Silla project, in Sinaloa. “Under the terms of the Agreement, the Initial Option to earn 70% is predicated upon the issuance by Sinaloa Resources of shares at a value of $1,000,000, $60,000 in cash payments and exploration work totaling $2,000,000 over 36 months”. To earn an additional 30%, Sinaloa Resources is to spend $1 M in exploration work and issue $500 K in shares. Riverside will retain a 3% NSR on the project should Sinaloa Resources complete 100% earn-in, or Riverside’s interest dilutes to less than 10%.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. reported the appointment of Mr. Marc Prefontaine and Dr. David Jones to the company’s newly formed Business and Technical Advisory Committee (Cervantes, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. signed in June 2018 an agreement with South32 Ltd., granting an option to form a 30/30 JV with respect to the Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. To maintain the option, South32 must contribute US$10 M during a 4 year option period with aggregate US$3 M, US$6 M and US$8 M to be made by the end of years 1, 2 and 3 of the period. South32 may exercise its option to subscribe for 70% of the property, by contributing US$100 M (less previous contributions) to project funding.
- Aloro Mining Corp. announced the appointment of Kenneth J. Balleweg as technical advisor to the company. Ken has extensive experience in the Mulatos district in Sonora, and is to aid Aloro in the exploration of its Los Venados property in the same district.
- Pan American Silver Corp. completed the acquisition of Tahoe Resources Inc. (the latte with mines in Guatemala, Peru and Canada).
On the image below, quartz-sulfide sheeted veinlets with sericitic halos in an intrusive rock from a porphyry copper project in Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
“Quartz blade” texture in a low sulphidation epithermal vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the seventh week of the year (February 11th to February 17th, 2019), at least 32 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve communicating production results, seven informing on exploration results, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, three announcing financing rounds, three reporting on resources and development of their properties, and one discussing Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Michael Harvey, director of Corporate Affairs for GoldCorp declared that Zacatecas has lost attractiveness for mining. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Silver One commenced a 1,000m drilling program at its Peñasco Quemado project, SilverCrest reported drill results and discover of the Babi Sur Vein within its Las Chispas project, and Silver Viper provided an update of the 2018 drilling program at its La Virginia project. In Chihuahua, Evrim and its partner, Harvest Gold reported drilling results from its Cerro Cascaron project, and Ethos received permits for trenching and drilling its La Purisima Au project. In Jalisco, Evrim reported drilling results from its Cuale project. In the State of Mexico, Candente commenced a drilling program to explore near surface drill targets at its El Oro project. ON MINING, Alio provided an update of the operation of its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Hecla reported Q4, 2018 production results from its San Sebastian mine and Avino reported full 2018 year production from its Avino mine in Durango. Capstone presented Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Santacruz Silver announced Q4 and full year 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. Telson released full year 2018 production results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. Consolidated Zinc presented January 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Fortuna reported and confirmed no contamination of soil at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Auxico closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $400K (Zamora project, Sinaloa). Riverside announced a private placement to raise gross proceeds for CAD$1.5M (Cecilia project, Sonora). Magna Gold announced a proposed non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to CAD$3.2M (Mercedes project, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Fortuna Silver announced results from the brownfield exploration program conducted at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Torex announced infill drill results from its El Limon Deep project in Guerrero. Bacanora Lithium provided an update of the H2 activities developed at its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Hecla increased mineral resource at its San Sebastian mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro announced management appointments (Cerro Caliche, Sonora). Prospero Silver provided an update of its option agreement with Fortuna Silver on its Pachuca SE property in Hidalgo. Great Panther announced the approval from their shareholders to acquire Beadell Resources and change its name to Great Panther Mining Limited (Topia mine, Durango). Evrim granted 200K stock options to their employees (Cuale project, Jalisco). Magna Gold provided an update of its option agreement to acquire 100% interest on the Mercedes property in Sonora. Telson announced that they have identified a sophisticated concentrate theft from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero during its transportation to the Trafigura warehouses in the Manzanillo port.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Michael Harvey, director of Corporate Affairs for GoldCorp Inc., declared that Zacatecas has lost attractiveness for mining after the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation (SCJN) declared constitutional 4 taxes called ecological (Extraction of Minerals, Emission of Gases to the Atmosphere, Emission of Contaminants to the Soil, Subsoil and Water and the Deposit and Storage of Residues) on the mining sector. It sends a very negative signal about the stability of the investment in Zacatecas.
- Silver One Resources Inc., commenced a 1,000m drilling program at its Peñasco Quemado project in Sonora. The drilling program will test three targets selected on coincidental geochemical and geophysical anomalies. The company will test two targets in the eastern part of the property: a) the down-dip extension of the drill defined historic Ag resource area, interpreted as a shallow southwest-dipping replacement manto, coincident with a low-intermediate resistivity anomaly, and b) the along-strike extension of the historic Ag resource area as identified by strong > 3 km long southeast trending Zn, Pb, Ba, and Mn in soil anomalies and partially coincident with geophysical anomalies. In the western part of the property, Silver One will test strong Zn, Pb, and Cu soil anomalies with coincidental geophysics in an area drill tested by Silvermex in 2008 where significant intersections were encountered as that in Hole PQRC51 with 4.5m of 340 g/t Ag at a depth of 88m from surface.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., reported drill results and discover of the Babi Sur Vein within its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Highlights results are Hole BAS18-31 which intersected 2.2m (TW) of 18.78 g/t Au and 2,147 g/t Ag (3,556 g/t AgEq), and Hole BAS18-07 with 2.2m of 4.63 g/t Au and 209 g/t Ag (556 g/t AgEq). “The high-grade footprint of the Babi Sur Vein has been drill intercepted with 14 core holes over approximately 1.5 km strike length. Of the 14 intercepts with an average true width of 1.4 metres, six are greater than 400 g/t AgEq (400 to 3,555 g/t AgEq)”.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., provided an update of the 2018 drilling program conducted at its La Virginia project in Sonora. 4,753m were completed in 20 core drill holes, over five distinct prospect areas, distributed along 11km of the prospective structural trend. “The highlight of 2018 was El Rubi, a never-before drilled showing, located some 1.5km north of any previous drilling. El Rubi returned a best result of 6m true width (13.3m core length) averaging 3.16 g/t gold and 228g/t silver for a gold equivalent grade of 6.42g/t Au”.
- Ethos Gold Corp., received the approved permits for trenching and drilling its La Purisima Au project in Chihuahua. Ethos announced the commencement of the trenching program and expects to start the drilling program in March, 2019. The target area is at least 2km long and has not seen modern and systematic exploration. The company has estimated an initial and modest budget of approximately US$350K to conduct trenching and drilling at La Purisima project.
- Evrim Resources Corp., and its partner Harvest Gold Corp., reported drill results from their Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. Nine core drill holes were completed at Serpiente Dorada, San Pedro, and Cascarita target areas for a total of 1,885m. Assay results have been received for only seven of the nine holes drilled to date. Significant drill interceptions were encountered in Hole SPT 18-01 (Serpiente Dorada target area) with 6.5m of 3.29 g/t Au and 6 g/t Ag, including 1m of 20.1 g/t Au and 22 g/t Ag, and Hole SPED 19-02 (San Pedro target area) with 4.8m of 1.02 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag and 0.35m of 5.39 g/t Au and 24 g/t Ag.
- Evrim Resources Corp., released additional drilling results from its Cuale project in Jalisco. Evrim has received assays from ten core drill holes completed in 2018 for a total of 2,179m. Significant drill intersections were encountered in Hole GLR18-04 with 32m of 0.83 g/t Au from surface, including 22m of 1.06 g/t Au, and a deeper interval with 12m of 0.34% Cu; Hole GLR18-09 with 11m of 0.31 g/t Au from 36m downhole, and Hole GLD18-10 with 4m of 0.42% Cu from 136m downhole.
- Candente Gold Corp., begun a drilling program to test near surface drill targets at its El Oro project in the State of Mexico. “The Company remains committed to pursue drill targets previously developed on the San Rafael vein in the Mexico-Esperanza mine border area where three holes intersected high grades of gold and silver (30.7 g/t Au over 1.9m; 18.1 g/t Au and 137 g/t Ag over 0.4m, and 16.7 g/t Au and 32 g/t Ag over 1.4m) in the San Rafael and parallel veins as well as disseminated gold (1.0 g/t Au over 75m) in the overlying porous tuff horizon and has decided to develop more shallow targets as well”. The first target to be drill tested is the Cortaduras area which is about 6.5km west of the San Rafael vein and 5km west of the Veta Verde vein from which 6.4M Oz Au and 74 M Oz Ag (8M Oz AuEq) were produced historically in 4 mines.
- Alio Gold Inc., reported that 528,770 tonnes of stockpile with a grade of 0.31 were stacked on the leach pads. Au production for the month of January was consistent with Q4 production at approximately 3,890 Oz (subject to finalization and refinery adjustments). Alio also announced that they have sufficient stockpiles to operate at this capacity throughout 2019 while the company continues developing an engineered plan for recommencing mining activities.
- Hecla Mining Company, presented Q4, 2018 production results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. Hecla processed 156,733 tonnes at the mill to produce 2.04M Oz Ag and 14,979 Oz Au.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., released full 2018 production results from its Avino mine in Durango. In 2018, the company produced 1.28M Oz Ag, 8,100 Oz Au, and 4.8M Lb Cu (or 2.8 M Oz AgEq).
- Capstone Mining Corp., presented Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. In Q4, 2018, Capstone produced 9.3M Lb Cu for a total of 155.2M Lb Cu produced in the full year. Zn production in 2018 totaled 15M Lb Zn.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., announced Q4 and full year production results from their Mexican operations. At its Veta Grande mine in Zacatecas, Santacruz milled 36,719 tonnes of 81 g/t Ag to produce 58.9K Oz Ag, 113 Oz Au, 660.8K Lb Pb, and 891K Lb Zn. In the full year, 150,281 tonnes were milled with a grade of 73 g/t Ag to produce 190.3K Oz Ag, 367 Oz Au, 1.76M Lb Pb, and 2.5M Lb Zn. At its El Rosario mine in San Luis Potosi, the company milled 16,676 tonnes of 42 g/t Ag to produce 18.9K Oz Ag, 131 Oz Au, 89.6K Lb Pb, and 358.4 Lb Zn. In the full year, Santacruz milled 61,184 tonnes of 43 g/t Ag to produce 72.4K Oz Ag, 379 Oz Au, 286.7 Lb Pb, and 2.3M Lb Zn.
- Telson Mining Corporation, released full year production results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. In 2018, Telson processed 585,601 tonnes of 1.02 g/t Au, 118 g/t Ag, 1.1% Pb, 4.3% Zn, and 0.37% Cu to produce 2,870 Oz Au, 622.3K Oz Ag, 4M Lb Pb, 36.3M Lb Zn, and 373.3K Lb Cu.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, presented January 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The company mined 3,530 tonnes of 10.3% Zn and 3.3% Pb to produce 813K Lb Zn and 262K Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 84% and 85% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Ltd., reported and confirmed that the overflow of the contingency pond at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca did not contaminate soils, and therefore no remediation is required. PROFEPA has already completed its investigation and confirmed the no contamination of soils from the overflow.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $400K (Zamora project, Sinaloa).
- Riverside Resources Inc., announced a plan to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds for CAD$1.5M. Net proceeds will be used to drill its Cecilia gold project in Sonora.
- Magna Gold Corp, announced a proposed non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to CAD$3.2M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported results from the brownfield exploration program conducted at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. The brownfield exploration program comprised 50.904m in 105 holes completed with up to six rigs in 2017 and 2018. Victoria is a primary target explored by underground drilling in which 27,302m in 53 holes were collared. Drill highlights include Hole SJOM781 with 13.5m (TW) of 119 g/t Ag and 0.57 g/t Au, Hole SJOM789 with 3m (TW) of 404 g/t Ag and 2.81 g/t Au, Hole SJOM794 with 6.3m (TW) of 213 g/t Ag and 1.24 g/t Au, Hole SJOM830 with 5.3m (TW) of 273 g/t Ag and 2.1 g/t Au, and Hole SJOM833 with 7.8m (TW) of 217 g/t Ag and 1.72 g/t Au. “Following the successful exploration results for 2018, the Company has allocated US$4.5 million to continued brownfield exploration at San Jose in 2019, including an estimated 11,500 meters of surface and underground diamond drilling and 450 meters of underground development for exploration drilling”.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., released results of the first 32 holes of its infill drill program completed at its El Limon Deep Zone project in Guerrero, which is the downdip extension of mineralization below the El Limon open pit. Significant drill intersections were encountered in Hole LDUG-026 with 8.5m of 25 g/t Au, Hole LDUG-013 with 7.5m of 24.9 g/t Au, Hole LDUG-021 with 15.2m of 16.8 g/t Au, and Hole LDUG-002 with 45.9m of 12.5 g/t Au.
- Bacanora Lithium Plc., provided an update of the H2, 2018 activities developed at its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Bacanora has secured US$240M as part of the financing package to construct an initial 17,500 tpa Li carbonate operation and continues discussions with industry and strategic financial parties with regards to completing Sonora’s finance package. The company also obtained and unrestricted access to develop and operate the Sonora mine secured following acquisition of La Ventana and La Joya mineral concessions for US$2.9M with the final consideration settled in August 2018. The processing plant sites change of land use permission was approved and augments the Manifestación de Impacto Ambiental (MIA-Environmental impact assessment permissions) for the project and the MIA for permanent road construction previously approved in 2018.These developments enable the project to commence construction, immediately after the project financing package is completed.
- Hecla Mining Company, increased reserves and mineral resources at its San Sebastian mine in Durango. Proven reserves are 22,000 tonnes of 121 g/t Ag and 2.48 g/t Au (85K Oz Ag and 2K Oz Au contained), and probable reserves are 206,000 tonnes of 407 g/t Ag and 3.11 g/t Au (2.7M Oz Ag and 21K Oz Au contained). Total proven and probable reserves are 228,000 tonnes of 382 g/t Ag and 3.11 g/t Au (2.79M Oz Ag and 23K Oz Au contained).Indicated resources at San Sebastian are 2,243,000 tonnes of 202 g/t Ag, 1.55 g/t Au, 2.5% Pb, 3.5% Zn, and 1.6% Cu (14.7M Oz Ag, 115K Oz Au, 68.12M Lb Pb, 95.7M Lb Zn, and 44.3M Lb Cu contained). Inferred resources are 3,487,000 tonnes of 205 g/t Ag, 1.24 g/t Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.5% Zn, and 1.3% Cu (22.9M Oz Ag, 143K Oz Au, 27.1M Lb Pb, 39M Lb Zn, and 19.9M Lb Cu contained). Hecla also presented Q4 2018 drill results conducted with three core drill rigs and one RC drill. One underground drill rig completed in-fill drilling in the central and upper portion of the oxide zone along the Middle vein. Additionally, two core drill rigs tested shallower oxide mineralization along the West Francine, Esperanza veins and El Toro vein. Highlights drill results at the Middle vein are 3.6m of 2,080 g/t Ag and 6.84 g/t Au, at West Francine are 0.43m of 295 g/t Ag and 0.62 g/t Au, and at El Toro vein are 3.6m of 305 g/t Ag and 4.04 g/t Au, and 3.05m of 127 g/t Ag and 4.04 g/t Au.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp., announced the appointment of its Executive Director and Corporate Secretary (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Prospero Silver Corp., announced that TSX approved its option agreement with Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., in which Fortuna can earn up to 70% interest in the Pachuca SE property in Hidalgo.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, announced the approval from their shareholders to acquire Beadell Resources Limited and to change its name to Great Panther Mining Limited.
- Evrim Resources Corp., granted 200K options to their employees. The stock options are exercisable at a price of $0.32 per share for a period of five years.
- Magna Gold Corp., provided an update of its option agreement on the Mercedes property in Sonora, to acquire 100% interest in two mining concessions for a four year period. These mining concessions cover approximately 345 hectares and Magna is entitled to acquire 100% interest by paying to the seller an aggregate of US$1.34M plus VAT of 16% in installments commencing on the 6th month from the effective date, and ending on the 48th from the effective date; issue to the seller 3% NSR capped at US$3.5M and subject to the right of Magna to acquire all the NSR at a price of US$0.5M per percentage point within the first three years of commercial production of the Mercedes property, and conditional on the completion of a going public transaction within six months of the effective date, issue 2,442, 105 common shares.
- Telson Mining Corp., announced that the company has identified a sophisticated criminal operation to intercept concentrate trucks, remove some part of the Campo Morado concentrates and replace the same with lower quality concentrates. Now the company has taken measures to eliminate this issue with increased security including performing monitored and guarded concentrate transport from the mine to point of sale.
On the picture above, “quartz blade” texture in a low sulphidation epithermal vein system in a prospect in Jalisco, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.