BEDFORD, NS / ACCESSWIRE / July 27, 2020 / Silver Spruce Resources Inc. (TSXV:SSE)(Frankfort:S6Q1) (“Silver Spruce” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that its Phase 1 ground exploration program on the El Mezquite Au Project will be activated during the first week of August 2020. Silver Spruce recently signed a binding Option Agreement with Colibri Resource Corp. (the “Vendor”) to acquire 50% interest in its wholly owned Mexican subsidiary Yaque Minerales S.A de C.V. (“Yaque”) which holds the El Mezquite Gold project (“the Property”), a drill-ready precious metal project located 10 km northwest of the town of Tepoca, and 170 km southeast of the capital city of Hermosillo, eastern Sonora, Mexico.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 30th week of the year (July 20th to July 26th, 2020), at least 37 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, six of those were exploration updates and strikingly twelve more were related to financing. These are either opening or closing rounds, and it is difficult to assign the total amount to any given week, but the announcements on this period add up to $23.4 M and C$168.5 M (dominated by Argonaut’s C$126.5 M and Discovery’s C$35 M). Clearly there is a spike in funds flowing to mining companies, probably supported by stronger metal prices on fears of an underperforming economy and heightened global tensions. ON MEXICO ISSUES, exploration is picking up in the country after the end of the Coronavirus lockdown, with several companies performing drilling programs. Alacero warned on excessive steel importation. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Carlyle Commodities commenced its field program on Cecilia. In Chihuahua, Radius updated on the geology and geochemistry of its Plata Verde project, an interesting play. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver released good drilling results on its Copalito project. In Durango, Mithril Resources is about to drill Coplaquín. In Guanajuato, VanGold Mining is to start an underground drilling campaign at El Pinguico. In Zacatecas, Defiance Silver resumed its field program at San Acacio. ON MINING, Premier Gold and Fresnillo PLC presented Q2 2020 reports. Premier Gold is reducing its daily output and workforce at Mercedes. Peñasquito informed on its dealing with the Coronavirus pandemic. ON FINANCING, twelve companies made announcements regarding the opening or closing of financing rounds, or financing related news: Canasil Resources ($1.25 M), Orex Minerals ($1.1 M), VanGold Mining ($2.45 M), Golden Minerals ($7.5 M), VanGold Mining ($3.8 M), Sonoro Metals (C$5 M), Monarca Minerals (C$2 M), Discovery Metals (C$35 M), Advance Gold ($725 K), Argonaut Gold (C$126.5 M), Almaden Minerals ($2 M), Peal Mexico acquired $3.85 M of Magna Gold shares. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Metals released drill results from its Cordero project. Golden Tag Resources informed on strategic growth opportunities with its San Diego project in Durango. GoGold Resources released assay results from Los Ricos South project in Jalisco. GR Silver reported results from 17 historic drill holes from its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Prime Mining completed the acquisition of the Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Santacruz Silver sold its Zacatecas properties to Zacatecas Silver Corp.. Evrim Resources sold its La Lola and Cumaro projects to a Mexican private company for an NSR. Redstar Gold acquired all shares of Heliodor Metals, which holds the Oso Negro, La Lola and Cumaro projects in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Alamos Gold Peñasquito, Grupo Mexico and Fresnillo PLC donated medical equipment to communities near its operations. A virtual immersion program for kids was held in San Luis Potosí.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Exploration is picking up speed in Mexico after the end of the Coronavirus induced lockdown. Drilling programs are beginning or already underway at Cordero, Chihuahua (Discovery Metals), Pánuco in Sinaloa (Vizsla Resources), Álamos Silver in Sonora (Minaurum), Los Reyes in Sinaloa (Prime Mining), Las Minas in Veracruz (Mexican Gold), Cerro Caliche in Sonora (Sonoro Metals), Copalquín in Durango (Mithril Resources), Rodeo in Durango (Golden Minerals) and Nora in Durango (Canasil Resources).
- Gold and silver prices are closing the week with highs not seen in several years. Gold was above $1,900 hundred an ounce by late Friday, while silver stood above $22.70 an ounce. The Coronavirus crisis, with the foreseen economic stimulus packages by several countries and the souring relations between China and the United States are seen as the reason for the continued upward trend.
- Alacero (Asociación Latinoamericana de Acero) warned against the excessive importation of steel, in a moment when sales are just recovering.
- Defiance Silver Corp. announced the resumption of its field program that includes core re-logging, surface and underground mapping, geochemistry and surface diamond drilling at its San Acacio project in Zacatecas.
- VanGold Mining Corp. intends to initiate an underground drilling campaign to target extensions of high-grade mineralization at its Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The company also is to clear the El Pinguico shaft and sample the bottom of the backfill, with the aim to ship it to a nearby mill for processing.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released assay results from three more holes at its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Core length highlighted intervals comprise 56.0 m @ 58 gpt Ag (including 22 m @ 106 gpt Ag, which include 5.0 m @ 250 gpt Ag, 0.247 gpt Au); 10.3 m @ 80 gpt Ag, 0.90 gpt Au; 7.1 m @ 30 gpt Ag, 0.31 gpt Au; 13.1 m @ 347 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au (including 3.2 m @ 1,297 gpt Ag, 0.28 gpt Au, which includes 1.0 m @ 2,830 gpt Ag, 0.14 gpt Au). To date 1,600 m of the 3,000 m program have been completed.
- Radius Gold Inc. released results of recent detailed rock chip sampling and geological mapping at its Plata Verde project in Chihuahua. Multiple sub-horizontal breccia zones cemented by barite-calcite-silver chlorides, up to 75 m in diameter have been sampled in different levels, bounded by stockwork and fracture fill of massive to crustiform banded barite-calcite with silver chlorides, sulphosalts and native silver, and disseminated mineralization of sulphosalts within the volcanic host rock. The mineralization is exposed on the sides of a small creek, and covered by felsic volcanic rocks in three directions. The average silver value of 255 samples is 156 gpt Ag, while 74 samples on the breccias average 258 gpt Ag.
- Mithril Resources Ltd. presented its quarterly activities report, in which the acquisition of Sun Minerals Pty Ltd. was completed, $5.92 M were raised and the drilling equipment moved to site at the Copalquín project in Durango. The next move is the completion of a 5,000 m diamond drilling campaign at Copalquín.
- Carlyle Commodities Corp. mobilized crews for exploration of its Cecilia project in Sonora. “The Phase 1 exploration program has been designed to refine targeting at Cerro Magallanes which is a large rhyolite flow dome complex, host of several historic workings and multiple high-grade gold mineral occurrences”. Programmed work includes property scale mapping, a detailed structural mapping, processing and interpretation of Aster images, surface sampling and a 10 line-km induced polarization survey. Road rehabilitation and drill pad building to support a drill program on the phase 2 is also contemplated.
- Premier Gold Ltd. reported production results for the second quarter of 2020. Its Mercedes mine operations in Sonora were halted at the end of March due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and a phased re-start commenced in June. An optimization plan was developed, including the consolidation of five mine portals to one, reducing the mining rate form to 2,000 to 1,200 tonnes per day and operation of the processing plant on a campaign basis, reduction of 40% of the employee base and 75% of the mining related contractors.
- Fresnillo PLC presented its second quarter 2020 production report. During the period the company produced 13.6 M Oz Ag, 184.4 K Oz Au, 16,180 tonnes Pb, 26,726 tonnes Zn. On exploration, 135,000 m were drilled at the mines, as part of a 440,000 m program to convert resources into reserves. Additionally 39,000 m of exploration drilling was carried out as part of the 228,000 m program at projects. Interesting results were obtained at Fresnillo and Guanajuato, while negotiations continue with communities in other projects to obtain access for drilling.
- Minera Peñasquito informed 15,000 COVID tests have been applied since the re-commencement of activities on June 1, resulting seven positive cases during the past week and the protocol was followed to identify all persons they had contact with. The use of face masks has been agreed with the union, on all public spaces, with the exception of the dining room.
- Peal Mexico S.A. de C.V. announced the acquisition of 11 M shares of Magna Gold Corp. under the terms of a settlement for an aggregate deemed consideration of $3.85 M in an agreement to settle an existing arbitration proceeding between the parties in relation to Magna’s San Francisco mine in Sonora. Peal now owns 16.9% of Magna’s issued and outstanding shares.
- Canasil Resources Inc. announced a non-brokered private placement aiming to raise up to $1 M, same placement that was oversubscribed for total gross proceeds of $1.25 M (Nora, Durango).
- Orex Minerals Inc. closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of $1.11 M, bringing the total aggregate proceeds to $2.1 M. (Sandra, Durango).
- VanGold Mining Corp. has arranged a non-brokered private placement financing to raise up to $2.45 M (El Pinguico, Guanajuato).
- Golden Minerals Co. is increasing its previously announced offering to raise up to $7.5 M in gross proceeds (Rodeo, Durango).
- VanGold Mining Corp. expanded due to increased demand the size of its non-brokered private placement financing, for gross proceeds of $3.8 M (El Pinguico, Guanajuato).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. is to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise up to C$5 M in gross proceeds (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Monarca Minerals Inc. announced a non-brokered private placement to raise up to C$2 M (San Jose, Chihuahua).
- Discovery Metals Corp. arranged a non-brokered institutional private placement to raise C$35 M, “ Eric Sprott has agreed to invest C$15,000,000 in the Private Placement,” (Cordero, Chihuahua).
- Advance Gold Corp. announced it proposes to increase to $725 K its previously announced non-brokered private placement (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
- Argonaut Gold Inc. closed its previously announced bought deal public offering for aggregate gross proceeds of C$126.5 M, thorough a syndicate of underwriters led by BMO Capital Markets (San Agustín, Durango).
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. announced a proposed non-brokered private placement financing intended to raise up to $2 M (Ixtaca, Puebla).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Metals Corp. released results from eight holes at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Highlighted core length intercepts comprise 5.3 m @ 225 gpt Ag 0.7 gpt Au, 5.1% Pb, 5.5% Zn (including 1.4 m @ 700 gpt Ag, 0.74 gpt Au, 16.1% Pb, 14.0% Zn); 4.3 m @ 365 gpt Ag, 0.55 gpt Au, 2.1% Pb, 4.0% Zn (including 1.5 m @ 489 gpt Ag, 0.82 gpt Au, 2.9% Pb, 11.1% Zn); 120.4 m @ 30 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 134.6 m @ 23 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 44.8 m @ 35 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.7% Zn; 0.8 m @ 1,992 gpt Ag, 0.79 gpt Au, 16.1% Pb, 14.2% Zn.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd. informed on strategic growth opportunities with its San Diego project in Durango. The project with 31.6 M Oz in indicated resources is fully permitted for drilling four key high priority target zones: 1849, Fernandez, Trovador and Arroyo. Drill intercepts in the Fernandez zone include 212 m @ 54 gpt Ag, 0.5% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 238 m q 64 gpt Ag, 0.8% Pb, 1.6% Zn; 257 m @ 66 gpt Ag, 0.7% Pb, 1.7% Zn; 186 m @ 53 gpt Ag, 0.5% Pb, 1.2% Zn. Mergers, strategic, corporate and project acquisitions are being evaluated, with a focus on silver.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released the assay results from six diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project. Two holes were drilled at Rascadero, two at San Juan and two more at Las Lamas. Highlighted core length intersections comprise: 0 m @ 0.25 gpt Au, 59 gpt Ag; 16.7 m @ 1.32 gpt Au, 268 gpt Au (including 5.4 m @ 3.33 gpt Au, 673 gpt Ag); 21.5 m @ 0.21 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag; 7.7 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 65 gpt Ag; 8.9 m @ 0.8 gpt Au, 31 gpt Ag.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. reported high-grade results from 17 historical drill holes from the San Juan area of its Plomosas property in Sinaloa. These results define a mineralized strike length of up to 1,000 m. Some of the highlighted true width intercepts comprise: 3.8 m @ 563 gpt Ag, 0.3 gpt Au, 1.6% Pb, 2.7% Zn; 2.5 m @ 846 gpt Ag, 0.8 gpt Au, 2.7% Pb, 6.0% Zn (including 0.9 m @ 2,300 gpt Ag, 2.1 gpt Au, 7.6 % Pb, 16.3% Zn); 3.3 m @ 335 gpt Ag, 0.1 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 5.6 m @ 363 gpt Ag, 0.1 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 1.9% Zn; 10.7 m @ 226 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 2.8 m @ 141 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Prime Mining Corp. completed the acquisition of the Los Reyes project (formerly Guadalupe de Los Reyes) in Sinaloa. The company made a US$1.5 M payment to Vista Gold Inc., after which Vista no longer retains two separate 2% net smelter royalties on production from open-pit or underground mining, or a back-in right to assume a 49% non-carried interest in any underground mining. “Prime is required to pay Vista an additional US$2,100,000 through two payments of: (i) US$1,100,000 no later than six months from the Acquisition Date; and (ii) US$1,000,000 no later than twelve months from the Acquisition Date. If the Company fails to make the two payments, Vista’s net smelter royalties and back-in right will be reinstated”.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. entered into an agreement with Zacatecas Silver Corp. for the sale of a 100% interest in the Zacatecas properties for consideration of US$1.5 M and the issuance of 5 M shares of Zacatecas Silver. The Zacatecas properties comprise 149 mining concessions totaling approximately 7,826 ha in the Fresnillo Silver Belt, and include the Panuco deposit, which has an inferred resource of 3.95 M tonnes @ 153 gpt Ag, or 19.5 M Oz Ag, remaining open along strike.
- Evrim Resources Corp. entered into an agreement with a private Mexican company to sell two non-core exploration properties in exchange of NSR royalties. La Lola is a 6,301 ha land package that covers the La Barra fluorite vein and El Cumaro is a 620 ha claim covering a low sulfidation epithermal field. Evrim will transfer 100% interest in the La Lola and Cumaro properties in exchange for 2% and 1% NSR respectively, and a 0.5 % NSR right on 7,053 ha of the Picachos claims, should the claims be acquired by the Mexican private company. Half of the La Lola NSR can be bought for US$1.75 M and half of the El Cumaro NSR by US$1.0 M.
- Redstar Gold Corp. entered into a binding agreement to acquire 100% of the shares of Heliodor Metals Ltd., in which Redstar has agreed to issue 86.5 M shares for 100% of the outstanding Heliodor shares. Heliodor has interest in: the Oso Negro 1,500 ha project, which has three main veins and no drilling; The La Lola 5,400 ha land package which contains the 5 km long La Barra epithermal vein (see previous entry under Evrim); Cumaro “is the downthrown block of a large low sulphidation vein field”. Redstar has agreed to conduct a C$6.0 M private placement
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Alamos Gold donated medical equipment to the Sahuaripa municipality in Sonora.
- Peñasquito donated medical equipment to several authority bodies in Zacatecas.
- Grupo Mexico donated protection equipment to general hospitals in Cuautla and Axochiapan in Morelos.
- The Instituto de Metalurgia de San Luis Potosí carried out a virtual immersion program for kids.
- Fresnillo PLC continues to provide cleaning and medical supplies in Guadalupe y Calvo (Chihuahua), Caborca (Sonora) and Fresnillo (Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Silicified rocks signaling the paleo water table of a low sulfidation epithermal system in Queretaro. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 28th week of the year (July 6th to July 12th, 2020), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, six of those were exploration updates and six more related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a 12,000 years old ochre mining operation (now submerged) was discovered in the Yucatan peninsula. Avino Silver is the new victim of an illegal blockade. Mining in Mexico has extensive benefits to isolated communities, workers and the government. The Mining Fund rules have been changed, granting more political freedom on its assignment. Mines in the country prepare for production recovery in the second half of 2020. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Tarachi Gold is mapping and sampling on its Tarachi concessions, announced the finding of a porphyry copper system. In Sinaloa, Brigadier Gold is now exploring the Picachos property; Vizsla Resources released high-grade results on its Panuco property. In Durango, Canasil is now drilling the Nora project. ON MINING, Argonaut Gold, Endeavour Silver, Great Panther, and Hecla released production results for the Q2, 2020. The figures presented reveal the extent of the Coronavirus emergency lockdown effects. ON FINANCING, Aura Resources is aiming to raise up to $1 M. Prospero Silver consolidated its shares on a 10 to 1 basis. Mithril Resources intends to raise A$3.5 M. Solaris Resources is to trade in the TSX Venture Exchange. Advance Gold raised $301 K. Vizsla Resources announced a private placement for C$25 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold commenced a 10,000 m drill program at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. GR Silver released more historic drilling results from Plomosas, Sinaloa. GoGold Resources released drilling results from eight more holes at Los Ricos Sur, Jalisco. Golden Minerals is drilling the Rodeo project in Durango. Magna Gold is producing gold from leaching heaps as it prepares to restart mining at the San Francisco mine in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Aura Resources is to change its name to Gold79 Mines. Brigadier Gold entered into a LOI with Minera Camargo to option 100% of the Picachos property in Sinaloa. First Mexican Gold changed its name to QcX Gold. Candente Gold informed the due diligence work on Magellan Acquisition assets in Nayarit has been conducted, results pending. Silver Tiger Metals is sampling historic workings on veins north of the El Tigre mine in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Gold Resources, Torex Gold, Fortuna Silver, Fresnillo PLC and Peñoles informed on support activities and investments related to the Coronavirus emergency, community work supplies and/or about the “Day of the Tree”.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Researchers discovered 12,000 years old submerged ochre mines in the Yucatan peninsula. Multiple artifacts and evidences of mining were found in this cave system that was above sea level up to 8,000 years ago.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines reports that members from the Mexican mining union have blocked the entrance to the Avino Mine in Durango. The group (that illegally blockades) includes the company’s unionized workers. As a result of the strike at the site, mining and mill processing operations have been halted.
- Mining in Mexico supports 696 communities in 21 States, and often is the only option to take basic services and jobs to regions far away. The mining sector provides 2.6 percent of the GDP and accounts for 8.2 percent of the industrial output. Salaries at US$779/month (17,521 pesos/month) are 39 percent higher than the national average of $513/month (11,549 pesos/month). There are 379 thousand direct jobs and 2.3 M indirect jobs generated by the industry. Mining paid US$1.91 billion ($43,095 million pesos) in mining concession fees in 2019, and US$7,755 billion ($174,500 million pesos) in taxes in the 2016-2019 period.
- The Mining Fund rules have been changed. The changes in the rules were published in the Diario Oficial de La Federación (Official Gazette), with the aim of speeding the process to deliver benefits to the communities, according to the document. The changes (which were opposed by the mining community because of the increased political control of the funds) include the elimination of necessary cost-benefit assessment of the projects deemed for social infrastructure, discarding also the obligation to establish coordination agreements in the request and delivery of said funds. The Mining Fund distributes part of the 7.0% of royalties and the 0.5% special tax on precious metal exploitation.
- Mines in all the country prepare for a production recovery in the second half of 2020, as all companies have scrambled to operate under health safeguards brought by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Advance Gold Corp. provided an update on exploration of its Tabasqueña property in Zacatecas. The exploration that started trying to define epithermal vein mineralization has modified its target to a volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS). A large chargeability anomaly more than 3 km long was defined in a geophysical survey, and subsequent drilling has intersected disseminated sulfides. Drilling of the disseminated sulfides has returned up to 39 ppb Au, 7 ppm Ag, 351 ppm Cu, 54 ppm Pb, 295 ppm Zn.
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. entered into a binding letter of intent with Minera Camargo S.A. de C.V. for an option to acquire 100% interest in the Picachos property in Sinaloa. The area has more than 160 known historic underground workings, a recently identified porphyry copper prospect and drill permits in place. “The largest vein system trends northeasterly for seven kilometers along a major fault zone, and host the past-producing San Agustin underground mine”. Regional stream sediment results from a government survey shows several highly anomalous basins with up to 2.6 ppm Au, 299 ppm Cu, 13.9 ppm Mo, 639 ppm Pb and 1,716 ppm Zn.
- Vizsla Resources Inc. released additional drilling results from the Napoleon vein corridor at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted core length drill intercepts comprise 6.0 m @ 66.8 gpt Au, 1,808 gpt Ag (including 3.7 m @ 107.8 gpt Au, 2,889 gpt Ag); 1.78 m @ 2.49 gpt Au, 59 gpt Ag; 3.5 m @ 1.11 gpt Au, 57 gpt Ag; 10.65 m @ 1.34 gpt Au, 134 gpt Ag. The corridor “ hosts two main quartz veins that are separated by some 10 to 20 metres and appears to dip very steeply to sub-vertical. So far it has been mapped along strike for over 2,000 m. Between the two main veins are a series of smaller splay veins with variable orientations, that are related to dilation along the structure under strike slip movement …. Vizsla has an option to acquire 100% of the newly-consolidated 9,386.5 Ha Panuco district in southern Sinaloa, Mexico, near the city of Mazatlán. The option allows for the acquisition of over 75 km of total vein extent, a 500 tpd mill, 35 km of underground mines, tailings facilities, roads, power and permits”.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. updated on field work activities on the concessions known as the Tarachi project, in Sonora. Detailed mapping and sampling on the La Dura and Virginia areas of the southern Jabali concession is near completion. Preliminary field work on the northern concessions of San Javier, Pretoria and Chivitas was also conducted, finding porphyry copper mineralization that is currently being defined. Environmental applications for drilling are ready for submission.
- Canasil Resources Inc. started the drill program to test the Candy vein at its Nora project in Durango. Mineralization at Nora is hosted within structurally-controlled epithermal veins, of which the Candy vein is to be tested in a 500 m stretch.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced second quarter production of 31,531 Oz AuEq from its Mexican operations. For the full-year 2020 the company expects to produce 45 K – 50 K Oz AuEq at El Castillo, 62 K – 68 K Oz AuEq at San Agustín (both in Durango) and 53 K – 55 K Oz AuEq at La Colorada (Sonora), for a total production of 160 K – 173 K Oz AuEq in Mexico.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. presented Q2 2010 production figures, which were down 42% because of the Coronavirus pandemic lockdown. On the bright side, significant true width high-grade intercepts were made near current mine workings, like 1.5 m @ 24.3 gpt Au, 3,217 gpt Ag in Bolañitos, Guanajuato, and 10.0 m @3.25 gpt Au, 1,410 gpt Ag at Guanaceví, Durango.
- Great Panther Mining Ltd. released second quarter 2020 production results, with figures from its Mexican operations. At Topia, Durango, 7,781 tonnes were processed @ 352 gpt Ag, 0.87 gpt Au, recovering 92.5% Ag, 54.0% Au to produce 81.4 K Oz Ag, 118 Oz Au, 163 tonnes Pb, 223 tonnes Zn. At the Guanajuato mine complex, Guanajuato, 16,755 tonnes were processed @ 133 gpt Ag, 1.80 gpt Au, recovering 85.4% Ag, 84.7% Au, to produce 61 K Oz Ag, 819 Oz Au.
- Hecla Mining Co. released preliminary production results for the second quarter 2020. At San Sebastian, in Durango, 2 M Oz Ag, 1,331 Oz Au were produced. Mining of oxide material is expected to be completed in the third quarter and milling in the fourth quarter of 2020. The viability of mining the sulfide Hugh Zone continues to be assessed. The mill operated at an average of 528 tpd.
- Aura Resources Inc. initiated a non-brokered private placement aiming to raise between $500 K and $1 M (Taviche, Oaxaca).
- Prospero Silver Corp. announced that the previously disclosed proposed consolidation of its shares, on a 10 to 1 basis, should have taken effect on July 7, 2020 (Pachuca East, Hidalgo).
- Mithril Resources Ltd. received firm commitments to raise A$3.5 M through a share placement. Funds are to be used for the maiden drill program at its Coplaquin property in Durango.
- Solaris Resources Inc. announced its common shares have been approved to list on the TSX Venture Exchange, and expects the trading is to be effective on July 13, 2020 (La Verde, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp. closed the previously announced private placement, for gross proceeds of $301 K (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
- Vizsla Resources Corp. announced a bought deal private placement with Canaccord Genuity Corp. on behalf of an underwriting syndicate to raise C$25 M (Panuco, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp. announced the commencement of a 10,000 m drill program to test all targets at Las Minas, Veracruz. A focus of the drilling is to expand and upgrade the current resource at El Dorado, follow up a previous 5.2 m pyrite rich quartz vein intersection @ 8.94 gpt Au at Cinco Señores, two high-grade vein trends at the Changarro zone, and the Las Minillas skarn occurrence. Other activities in preparation of the preliminary economic assessment (PEA) include the environmental baseline study, an enhanced metallurgy study and a Lidar digital terrain model.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. released historic drilling results from the San Juan area at its Plomosas property in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (tw) intervals comprise 1.5 m @ 2.1 Gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.8% Pb, 4.1% Zn; 21.8 m @ 1.0 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 1.5% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 2.4 m @ 15.1 gpt Au, 45 gpt Ag, 3.1% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 10.4 m @ 0.7 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 1.6% Pb, 2.3% Zn; 25 m @ 0.3 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag, 0.6% Pb, 0.8% Zn. These results extend mineralization 600 m on the San Juan system, to a total of 1 km in longitude.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released the assay results from eight diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project in Jalisco. The San Juan, Rascadero, and East vein zones were tested, with highlighted results comprising 8.8 m @ 0.23 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag at San Juan; 41.0 m @ 1.36 gpt Au, 168 gpt Ag (including 4.0 m @ 11.85 gpt Au, 1,295 gpt Ag); 18.4 m @ 5.18 gpt Au, 500 gpt Ag (including 3.2 m @ 26.2 gpt Au, 2,372 gpt Ag); 12.6 m @ 0.70 gpt Au, 111 gpt Ag at Rascadero; 3.0 m @ 0.33 gpt Au, 40 gpt Ag; 6.1 m @ 0.26 gpt Au, 36 gpt Ag at the East vein.
- Golden Minerals Co. has commenced drilling at its Rodeo property in Durango. “The upcoming drill program will expand on the historic drilling campaigns that successfully tested multiple gold-quartz veins and breccias of the Rodeo low sulfidation vein system with encouraging results”. Highlighted historic drills results include 28.44 m @ 3.04 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag; 25.4 m @ 3.79 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag; 22.35 m @ 3.28 gpt Au, 17 gpt Ag; 28.45 m @ 4.87 m @ 10 gpt Ag31.2 m @ 5.99 gpt Au, 12 gpt Ag; 19.15 m @ 2.58 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag; 19.2 m @ 1.93 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag.
- Magna Gold Corp. provided an operational update on its San Francisco mine in Sonora. “During the first two months of operations, the San Francisco Mine reported sales of US$8.53 million and operating costs of US$3.77 million with an operating margin of US$4.76 million. The Company produced 5,087 ounces of gold and sold 4,977 ounces of gold at an average cost of US$741 per ounce of gold produced and an average cost of $758 per ounce of gold sold. Gold production in May was 2,349 ounces and in June reached 2,738 ounces”. The company intends to complete the pre-feasibility study (PFS) by the end of July, when the processing of new fresh mineralized material is to start. Cash at the end of June at the San Francisco mine was US$8.4 M.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Aura Resources Inc. expects to change its name to Gold79 Mines Ltd. following the closing of the Territory Metals acquisition (Taviche, Oaxaca).
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. entered into a binding letter of intent with Minera Camargo S.A. de C.V. for an option to acquire 100% interest in the Picachos property in Sinaloa. To acquire the 3,954 ha property Brigadier has to pay Minera Camargo US$275 K over five years and issue a total of 4 M shares over the same period, and 1 M shares when defining a 350 K Oz Au resource and US$725 K and 1 M shares when a feasibility report is completed, US$2 M upon commercial production commencement and a 2% NSR.
- First Mexican Gold Corp. announced the change name to QcX Gold Corp. has been made effective on July 6, 2020 (Hilda, Sonora).
- Candente Gold Corp. informed its due diligence team conducted the visits to the San Dieguito de Arriba processing plant and the historic El Dorado mine in Nayarit. The due diligence visit is part of the Memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Candente and Magellan Acquisition Corp. “The results of these tests along with recommendations for rehabilitation work and projections of ongoing operating expenses will provide the basis for a cost estimate to return the plant to operational status with feed material from the El Dorado Property.” (El Oro, Estado de México).
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc. commenced underground channel sampling on the high-grade silver veins north of the historic El Tigre mine, in Sonora. “The areas of focus includes the Caleigh vein, the Canon Combination vein (unmined portion of the El Tigre vein), the Protectora vein and the Fundadora vein, all of which are located in the three kilometers of exposed veins at surface north of the historic El Tigre Mine”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Don David Gold Mines (Gold Resources) informed on the actions taken to work under the Coronavirus pandemic emergency at its operations in Oaxaca. The company supports the Mining Fund with US$8.34 M ($187.7 M pesos) and US$533 K ($12 M pesos) for community deals and infrastructure.
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) in coordination with local and State authorities released 300 K tilapia alevins (juvenile fish), with a shared company-authorities investment of $44.4 K ($1 M pesos). Also, $39.2 K ($881,764 pesos) were delivered to help the fishermen to modernize their engines and boats.
- Minera Cuzcatan (Fortuna Silver) announced its plan to plant 13,500 seedlings of native species of the central valleys of Oaxaca in 15 ha of ground. The company has planted already 25,000 seedlings over the last three years on 25 ha.
- Fresnillo PLC made a recount of the activities that the company has done regarding reforestation as years go by. The Bosque Sustentable Porvenir in Durango was established in 977 ha in association with the Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Agrícolas y Pecuarias. In Juanicipio, Zacatecas, 21,596 plants were relocated, and 14.3 ha were re-forested with 6,787 greenhouse seedlings. At La Herradura, in Sonora, 4,975 plants have been relocated in eight ha, and reforested 2 hectares more. Overall, 1.4 M seedlings have been produced since 2003 by the company.
- Industrias Peñoles created in Torreon, Coahuila, the 18 ha Bosque del Centenario in 2001, which is now a green space in the city. The company’s greenhouse produces and donates to the community and its members 80,000 seedlings per year.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Vapor whiffs on a cool morning in a hot spring field in Queretaro. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 26th week of the year (June 22nd to June 28th, 2020), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, 6 of those were exploration updates and 6 more related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mining and Automotive industries are to operate even if there is a resurgence of Coronavirus cases. The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved US$11.6 M for 98 projects in 11 States. Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes. AMLO rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium industry…. but declares the conditions on which those conditions are granted have to be reviewed (Keep in mind what’s been happening in the electricity industry). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone completed a maiden drill program on its Rebeico project; Tarachi Gold acquired the Tarachi property in Sonora; Aztec Minerals identified multiple chargeability anomalies at its Cervantes project; Tocvan Ventures released strong results of its soil program on the Pilar project. Vizsla Resources released high grade drilling results from its Panuco project. GoGold Resources released results from three more drill holes at its Los Ricos South project. ON MINING, VanGold Mining plans to clearing the shaft at the Pinguico property to provide access for sampling and eventually infill extraction. ON FINANCING, Southern Silver is eyeing a private placement to raise up to C$7 M. Aura Minerals authorized a dividend’s policy. First Mexican Gold granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants. Orex Minerals raised $989 K on the closing of the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement. Apollo Gold aims to raise up to $5 M. McEwen Mining refinanced its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GR Silver Mining released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. Magna Gold filed a technical report on its San Francisco mine, in Sonora. SilverCrest Metals updated on the development of the Las Chispas project under the Coronavirus emergency. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold announced that COFECE, the last bureaucratic hurdle, has cleared the transaction on its merger. Riverside Resources disclosed additional funding from BHP on its generative copper exploration program in Sonora. Southern Silver Exploration signed an agreement to acquire Electrum Global Holdings’s 60% share on the Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Candente Gold mobilized a team for the due diligence on the El Dorado project and the SDA mill in Nayarit. Hochschild optioned the Los Cuarenta property in Sonora from Riverside Resources. Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a LOI to option the “Jalisco Group of properties” from First Majestic. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Peñasquito donated medical supplies to the IMSS Hospital Número 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas. Esperanza Silver repaired the water supply system in San Agustín Tetlama, Morelos.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining and the Automotive industries to operate, even if there is a resurgence (hypothetical) of Coronavirus cases. Graciela Márquez, Economy Secretary, explained these industries are essential, and are to continue activities under any color of the health lights system.
- The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved the funding of 98 projects for US$11.6 M ($260.9 M pesos) for pavement laying, sidewalk construction and water supply nets. The funds are to be distributed as follows: Sonora US$6.12 M, Zacatecas US$2.47 M, Durango US$1.08 M, Coahuila US$0.93 M, Chihuahua US$0.71 M, San Luis Potosí US$0.21 M, Aguascalientes US$90 K, Jalisco US$54 K, Michoacán US$45 K, Oaxaca US$32 K and Hidalgo US$14 K.
- Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes to the Mexican government, according to University academics on the matter.
- The president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium exploitation in the country. His comment comes regarding the ideas expressed by Victor Manuel Toledo, Environment Secretary and staunch opponent of mining. According to the president, there is already a legal framework for contracts and concessions by the government for the exploitation of mineral resources. However, he also stressed that the conditions on which those concessions are granted have to be reviewed.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. completed the maiden drill program at its Rebeico project in Sonora. Under the program 1,674 m were drilled in ten holes. Most of the holes tested the geometry of gold-copper mineralization on the New Year Zone. Core samples are being submitted to the lab.
- Vizsla Resources Corp. released drilling results from two holes on the Napoleon vein corridor at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted core-length intercepts comprise: 8.2 m @ 739 gpt Ag, 11.06 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 1,527 gpt Ag, 24.9 gpt Au on one hole; 2.5 m @ 454 gpt Ag, 9.20 gpt Au; 5.1 m @ 309 gpt Ag, 8.00 gpt Au, 2.22% Pb, 4.75 % Zn; 1.8 m @ 186 gpt Ag, 15.63 gpt Au, 1.12% Pb, 7.73% Zn in the second hole. True widths are estimated at between 46-66% of down hole lengths.
- GoGold Resources Inc. informed on the results from three diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project. The holes drilled at the San Juan, Rascadero and East veins returned core length intervals of 27 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag (including 4.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag); 39.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 117 gpt Ag (including 11.0 m @ 1.40 gpt Au, 319 gpt Ag); 3.2 m @ 0.15 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. commenced fieldwork at its Tarachi project in Sonora. Tarachi’s geological crews have begun a two-week field program of geological mapping and rock sampling of known mineral occurrences to verify historical work programs. Historical work includes drill intercepts of 5.0 m @ 34.5 gtp Au, 3.0 m @ 24.3 gpt Au; 1.32 m @ 110 gpt Au. The 2,560 ha project includes the San Javier, Pretoria, Chivitas, Jabali, Juliana, Texana and Tarachi concessions.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. identified multiple chargeability anomalies on a 3-dimensional IP-Resisitivity survey completed last year at its Cervantes property in Sonora. Each of the 6 porphyry prospects along the corridor exhibit strong porphyry alteration and Au (Cu) mineralization, while none of the Jacobo, Purisima West, Purisima East and Estrella targets have ever been drill-tested .
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. released results from the soil sampling survey undertaken at its Pilar property in Sonora. The results include values of up to 8 gpt Au and 317 gpt Ag, and collectively have highlighted the East Zone as a new focus area..
- VanGold Mining Corp. plans to begin clearing the El Pinguico shaft at its El Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The mucking of the shaft will allow the company to sample the lower part of the old workings infill, which on surface averaged 1.75 gpt Au, 183 gpt Ag. It will also allow the inspection of underground drifts for extracting the mineralized material, and check on past producing high-grade stopes.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. plans a fully marketed private placement aiming to gross proceeds for a minimum of C$7 M. The company entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Aura Minerals Inc. announced its board of directors approved a dividend policy (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
- First Mexican Gold Corp. granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants (Hilda, Sonora).
- Orex Minerals Inc. closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $989 K (Sandra-previously Sandra Escobar-, Durango).
- Apollo Gold Corp. is conducting a non-brokered placement aiming to raise up to $5 M in gross proceeds (Eztzatlan, Jalisco).
- Mc Ewen Mining Inc. announced the refinancing of its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. “As part of the refinancing, Sprott Private Resource Lending II (Collector), LP has replaced Royal Capital Management Corp. as a lender and the administrative agent for the Term Loan; and Evanachan Limited, a corporation wholly-owned by Rob McEwen, remains a lender….. the maturity date of the Term Loan has been extended by two years to August 31, 2023” (El Gallo, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. Released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. These high-grade silver intercepts are outside the previously mined Pb-Zn-Ag-Au ore of the Plomosas mine area. Some of the highlighted true width (tw) intercepts comprise: 14.6 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 1.0 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.2% Zn; 5.4 m @ 326 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.2% Zn (including 1.9 m @ 900 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 1.9% Pb, 3.2% Zn); 2.1 m @ 349 gpt Ag, 0.4 gpt Au, 2.3% Pb, 1.3% Zn); 2.7 m @ 1,469 gpt Ag, 0.5 gpt Au, 2.2% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 17.4 m @ 4 gpt Ag, 3.6 gpt Au; 2.2 m @ 398 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 32.8 m @ 32 gpt Ag, 0.9 gpt Au; 9.8 m @ 28 gpt Ag, 0.7 gpt Au, 4.2% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 13 m @ 13 gpt Ag, 2.8 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 11.7 m @ 8 gpt Ag, 1.7 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn.
- Magna Gold Corp. filed an independent technical report for the San Francisco Gold project in Sonora.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. continues activities at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. A fully confined camp for 160 persons has been built at the site. All personnel is tested for COVID-19, and transported to the project once the negative results are received. Currently eight rigs are operating on the H2 program focusing on the high-grade resource expansion at the veins Babicanora (SE, NE, deep), Babi Sur (SE to depth), Babi Vista (all directions), Babicanora Norte (SE, NW, deep), Las Chispas (SE to depth), Giovanni (SE to depth), William Tell (all directions), and Varela (all directions). “Underground development has resumed, with a target of 500 metres per month by Q3, 2020, under confined camp conditions. The first ventilation raise in the Babicanora area has been completed. “. The feasibility study is progressing.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Argonaut Gold Inc. and Alio Gold Inc. announced the receipt of the clearance decision from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) with respect to the pending merger between Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold. This approval “was the final government agency approval required before completing the merger, which is anticipated to occur between June 29, 2020 and July 3, 2020” (El Castillo, Durango; Ana Paula, Guerrero).
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced the continuation of the exploration agreement with BHP Exploration Chile SpA for the funding of generative copper exploration in the copper producing belt of Sonora. “BHP will be providing Riverside with US$720,000 to commence the first half of the second year of the Program to continue to grow the portfolio of copper projects which is an increase of US$220,000 from the initial plan ”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M to gain 100% interest in the Cerro Las Minitas project, in Durango. Payments include US$5M in cash and US$2 M in shares by September 2020 (less credit for deposit of C$1.35 M paid in June 2020), US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares six months from closing and US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares one year from closing Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Candente Gold Corp. mobilized a team for the due diligence process on its acquisition process from Magellan Acquisition Corp. of the San Dieguito de Arriba processing plant and the El Dorado project in Nayarit. The Eldorado epithermal vein trend has been traced for 3.5 km along strike, hosting multiple mineralized zones, including distinct high-grade veins and lower grade bulk tonnage stockwork zones extending over tens of meters in width in both the hanging wall and footwall of the vein system.
- Riverside Resources Inc. entered into a definitive option agreement with Minera Hochschild de Mexico S.A. de C.V. for Riverside’s Los Cuarentas project in Sonora. Hochschild is to pay Riverside US$90 K on the signing of the agreement and invest US$8 M over four years in the property to earn 51%, upon which it can elect to earn an additional 24% by spending a further $3 M and producing a feasibility study. Upon completing the second phase earn-in, Riverside will have the option to sell its interest for US$20 M, while retaining a 1% NSR.
- Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with First Majestic Silver Corp. for a three-year earn-in option to acquire First Majestic’s “Jalisco Group of Properties”. Under the terms of the agreement Apollo will pay $250 K and issue 4.29 M shares and 1.5 M warrants on closing of the definitive agreement. A further $200 K and 1 M shares a year from closing and $300 K and 1 M shares two years from the closing date. Apollo commits to spend at least $1.25 M on the properties within 36 months of closing. The properties comprise 5,240 ha of mining concessions which include the Etzatlan, Ampora, La Calabaza, Piedra and Bola mines.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñasquito donated medical supplies in the fight against Coronavirus to the IMSS Rural Hospital number 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas.
- Esperanza Silver de Mexico repaired the water supply equipment supplying the 2,500 inhabitants of San Agustín de Tetlama community in Morelos.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Epithermal quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) announces its partner on the Cervantes porphyry gold-copper property in Sonora, Mexico (the “Project”), Aztec Minerals Corp. (“Aztec”), reports final interpretation of a 3-Dimensional IP-Resistivity survey identifying multiple chargeability anomalies over a 5 kilometer (km) long corridor. (view IP chargeability map here) on the Project..
Vancouver, Canada –June 25, 2020– Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) announces that final interpretation of a 3-Dimensional IP-Resistivity survey completed last year has identified multiple chargeability anomalies over a 5 kilometer (km) long corridor (view IP chargeability map here) on the Cervantes porphyry gold-copper property in Sonora, Mexico.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 24th week of the year (June 8th to June 14th, 2020), at least 35 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, 8 of those were exploration updates and 9 related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Senator Miguel Lucero and a coalition of mining unions proposed the creation of the Mining Secretariat, against the presidential bid to close the Sub-Secretariat of Mining. The Mexican president asked publicly the Canadian ambassador for help to get Canadian mining companies to pay due taxes. First Majestic asked the Canadian ambassador to intervene on the tax dispute. Copper prices have reached $2.60 per pound. Two rival unions were involved in a brawl in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. Francisco Quiroga Sub-Secretary of Mining informed that mines in Mexico are free of confirmed Coronavirus cases. All mines have procedures in place to detect and control outbreaks on transport and work sites. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Silver Viper resumes drilling at La Virginia; Aztec Minerals updated on exploration at its Cervantes project; Colibri presented assay results from grab samples at the Evelyn project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay Silver recommenced drilling at Columba. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver restarted drilling at the Copalito property. In Durango, Mithril Resources prepares to drill the Copalquin project. In Jalisco, GoGold Resources began drilling Los Ricos North project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold continues mining at its Santa Elena property. Peñoles is to invest one billion dollars in 2020 in its mining operations. Fresnillo PLC reported on payments to governments of Mexico and Peru. ON FINANCING, Minaurum closed a private placement netting $4.21 M. Discovery closed the second and final tranche of its private placement, accruing C$25 M. Silver Viper commenced trading on the OTCQB in USA. Sonoro Metals realized a third MOU on its Cerro Caliche project, Sonora. Starcore paid its debts and is now debt free. Consolidated Zinc is to raise $0.57 M to purchase equipment. Vangold accelerated the warrant program relating to its 2019 placement. Prime Mining completed the offering for C$10 M. Mag Silver now holds 19.9% of Reyna Silver. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold started the fieldwork needed to complete the environmental baseline report at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. Minera Alamos reported more drill results from its Santana project in Sonora. Capstone updated on the mineral resources of its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas, showing a nice increase. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Magellan Gold is leaving Mexico. Mithril Resources appointed new CEO and Chief Geologist. Sonoro Metals postponed its general meeting. Evrim Resources and Renaissance Gold are merging into a new entity named Orogen Royalties. Silver Spruce optioned the El Mezquite property in Sonora. GR Silver Mining filed on SEDAR the amended technical report on its San Marcial project. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Grupo Mexico, Fresnillo PLC, Argonaut Gold, Bylsa Drilling, Asociación de Real de Minas de San Javier, SilverCrest, Alamos Gold, Agnico Eagle, EMS, Molymex, Metallorum-Autlán, FLSmidth, First Majestic, Gruminex, Peñoles, Barimont, MAC Distribuciones, Dynapro Pumps, Cobre del Mayo, Minera Capela, Peña Colorada and Newmont Corp. informed on a large array of investments and measures that benefit the mining communities.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Senator Miguel A. Lucero (president of the mining and regional development commission in the senate) proposed the creation of the Mining Secretariat. This was his viewpoint in the rumors that the president Lopez Obrador is about to disappear several sub secretariats on grounds of saving resources. He stressed that the mining industry operates in over 200 municipalities that deserves close attention.
- The Union Nacional de Sindicatos Minero–Metalurgicos de Mexico asked the president Lopez Obrador to evaluate the creation of a Mining Secretariat, to foster national and foreign investment and generate jobs.
- The President of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO) asked publicly the Canadian ambassador for help to get Canadian mining companies to pay due taxes. He stated that the debts are clear and that there is no point on the mining companies to seek legal complaints.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. has asked Canada’s ambassador to Mexico to intervene in an escalating tax dispute with President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador’s government. “We’ve been trying to get somebody to the table to finally put this behind us,” First Majestic CEO Keith Neumeyer told Reuters. Neumeyer said the company had proposed three settlement offers since 2018 before launching the trade challenge last month. “Each of the offers has been rebuffed”.
- Copper prices grew 25% from its March minimums, reaching US$2.60 per Lb thanks to the Chinese recovery.
- Rival Unions in Fresnillo, Zacatecas, participated in a brawl that resulted in several persons conducted to a nearby hospital for medical care. This arises for a rivalry between the Sindicato Nacional Minero Metalúrgico (FRENTE) and the Sindicato Independiente for representation of workers at the Fresnillo mine.
- Francisco Quiroga, Sub-Secretary of Mining informed that mines in Mexico are free of confirmed Coronavirus cases. All mines have procedures in place to detect and control outbreaks on transport and work sites.
- VanGold Mining Corp. completed a bulk sample and metallurgical test at its Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The 1,039 tonne bulk sample was processed at Endeavour Silver Corp’s Bolañitos mill in Guanajuato, with an average grade of 1.23 gpt AuEq, and a recovery rate of 75.2% Au, 60.4% Ag.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. resumes exploration at its La Virginia project in Sonora. “The recently renewed work program continues Phase II drilling at the El Rubi discovery area, where systematic testing of the structure is being conducted on 50m sectional step outs. A second drill will test exploration targets in and around the El Rubi location”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. recommenced drilling at its Columba project in Chihuahua. The initial holes of the remaining 5,200 meters of the phase II 7,000 m program “will focus on expanding the F-vein by following-up on positive results from the first 10 holes of the Program…… Beyond augmenting previously drilled areas the Program will investigate untouched veins mapped out by Kootenay’s geological team”.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. updated on the exploration of the Cervantes project in Sonora, in advance of the signing of the 65/35 joint venture agreement with Kootenay Silver Inc. Highlights from the 2017 drilling program at the California target include the following intercepts: 160 m @ 0.77 gpt Au (including 80 m @ 1.04 gpt Au, 0.11% Cu); 139 m @ 0.71 gpt Au (including 20 m @ 2.10 gpt Au, 0.16% Cu); 118 m @ 0.63 gpt Au (including 43 m @ 1.18 gpt Au, 0.16% Cu); 122 m @ 0.60 gpt Au (including 62 m @ 0.88 gpt Au, 0.06% Cu); 170 m @ 0.42 gpt Au (including 32 m @ 0.87 gpt Au, 0.06% Cu). Other targets include Purisima East, Estrella, Purisima West and Jasper. Preliminary metallurgical tests have shown 85.1% to 87.7% Au recovery in oxide, 77.9% Au recovery in mixed oxide/sulfide and 51.2% in sulfide.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. recommenced drilling at its Copalito property in Sinaloa. The 3,000 m drill program was halted due to the Coronavirus lockdown when only one 105.2 m hole had been completed. Over 10 kilometres of untested vein strike has been mapped, with strike lengths up to 2 km and widths from 0.5 m to 15 m. Previously reported grab and channel samples have returned up to 3,770 gpt Ag, 8.2 gpt Au, 17.4% Zn, 9.9% Pb and 1.5% Cu.
- GoGold Resources Inc. began drilling at the La Trini target, part of the Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Historical intersections by Tumi Resources include: 24.4 m @ 6.4 gpt Au, 1,629 gpt Ag; 18.3 m @ 3.1 gpt Au, 150 gpt Ag; 6.1 m @ 2.8 gpt Au, 174 gpt Ag; 19.7 m @ 4.9 gpt Au, 193 gpt Ag; 14.1 m @ 4.9 gpt Au, 261 gpt Ag; 10.5 m @ 5.7 gpt Au, 188 gpt Ag.
- Mithril Resources Ltd. prepares to drill its Copalquin project in Durango. “Drilling and helicopter support contracts have been signed with mobilisation of equipment commencing in June 2020…… Previous drilling has identified three areas with underground mineable grades over potentially mineable widths. These areas are El Refugio, La Soledad and El Cometa (which also include open pit resource potential). Mithril’s drilling campaign will systematically test each of these high-priority areas and will also drill test Los Reyes, Los Pinos, and later La Constancia and the important San Manuel multi-level mine workings”.
- Colibri Resource Corp. received assays from samples collected on the western part of the Evelyn property in Sonora. The western part of the project is mostly covered by a thin veneer of alluvium and colluvium. More than 50 grab samples have been taken from small areas of sub-crop and outcrop exposed through the cover. “Three samples returned values greater than 2.0 g/t Au, 6 samples returned values greater that 0.25 g/t Au, and a total of 15 samples returned anomalous Au” up to 27.5 gpt Au.
- Mexus Gold US. continues mining and expects to put 1,800 tons of material in the leach pads by the end of this week, on its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake for First Majestic Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- Industrias Mineras Peñoles. is to invest one billion dollars in Mexico this year, regardless of the economic downturn by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Fresnillo PLC. reported on payments done to Mexico and Peru governments derived from its operations in both countries. The company paid in Mexico a total of US$233.7 M in Mexico, of which US$28.6 M were from licences and mining concessions fees.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. announced the closing of the previously announced non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $4.21 M, with the prominent participation of Sprott Global Resources Investments Ltd. (Alamos Silver, Sonora).
- Discovery Metals Corp. closed the second and final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of C$25 M. “The Company also announces it has received approval by the Mexican government to resume operations at its Cordero project with strict COVID-19 health and safety protocols”. The company has over $40 M in cash on its balance sheet (Cordero, Chihuahua).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. commenced trading on the OTCQB Venture Market in the United States (La Virginia, Sonora).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. executed a third memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the finance and development of its proposed Cerro Caliche Heap Leach Pilot Operation. As of February 28, 2020, Sonoro had received two executed MoUs regarding project debt financing and EPC services for its proposed Cerro Caliche heap leach (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. reported that the company paid out CAD$3 M of secured bonds plus accrued interest of CAD$235.4 K. In addition to this, the company also repaid a US$1 M loan. The payments were made from the Company’s cash flow generated from mine operations and prior asset sales (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced firm commitments to raise a further $0.57 M via a single tranche placement. “Funds raised from the Placement will be applied towards the purchase of equipment to increase efficiencies at Plomosas, working capital and offer costs” (Plomosas, Chihuahua).
- VanGold Mining Corp. announced that to date the warrant acceleration program in connection with the company’s 2019 placement has rendered $1.16 M in gross proceeds of which $650 K were accrued by the exercise of warrants by Vangold’s directors and officers. “…funding for a portion of the exercise of warrants by directors and officers was facilitated through the sale of a portion their existing share holdings” (El Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Prime Mining Corp. announced the completion of the offering for gross proceeds of C$10 M (Los Reyes, Sinaloa).
- Mag Silver Corp. has acquired 14.55 M shares of Reyna Silver Corp., owning to date 19.9% of its outstanding shares.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp. announced “that fieldwork towards completing an environmental baseline study has commenced at the Las Minas project. Drilling at Las Minas is scheduled to commence in early July”.
- Minera Alamos Inc. reported more drilling results from its Phase II program at its Santana project in Sonora. The results further expand mineralization to the SW, and confirm the depth potential previously identified. Highlighted core length intervals comprise: 202.7 m @ 0.51 gpt Au; 105.6 m @ 0.31 gpt Au, 50.9 m @ 0.34 gpt Au; 90.0 m @ 0.40 gpt Au; 43.3 m @ 0.61 gpt Au; 42.5 m @ 0.36 gpt Au; 62.5 m @ 0.31 gpt Au, 188.2 m @ 0.28 gpt Au.
- Capstone Mining Corp. updated the mineral resource estimate for the Cozamin mine in Zacatecas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Magellan Gold Corp. is redirecting its focus toward opportunities within the United States. “the company has divested all of its Mexico operations through the sale of its subsidiary Magellan Acquisition Corp.”. Among the operations divested is the SDA mill and the El Dorado property, both in Nayarit.
- Mithril Resources Ltd. appointed John Skeet as its new CEO and Hall Stewart as its Chief Geologist (Copalquin, Durango)
- Sonoro Metals Corp. postponed its annual general meeting to September 4, 2020 (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Evrim Resources Corp. and Renaissance Gold Inc. entered into an agreement to combine in a merger of equals “in which Evrim will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of Renaissance through a share exchange transaction to create a new company, to be named Orogen Royalties Inc. Orogen will focus on project generation as has been the history of both Evrim and Renaissance but with a renewed focus on organic royalty creation and royalty acquisition” (royalty in Ermitaño, Sonora).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. signed a binding option agreement with Colibri Resources Corp. to acquire 50% interest in its wholly owned Mexican subsidiary Yaque Minerals S.A. de C.V., which holds the El Mezquite project in Sonora. El Mezquite is 12 Km NE of the Santana property, currently under mine development by Minera Alamos. To obtain 50% interest Silver Spruce has to pay US$82.5 K by September 1, 2020, US$127.5 K by September 1, 2021, and CDN$500 K for a debenture due in October 2023. The company will have the option to pay US$107.5 K by December 31, 2020 to complete the cash acquisition for a discounted total of US$190 K. Minimum work expenditures total US$600 K on the four year term of the agreement. A 1% royalty to the original vendors of the property can be purchased for US500 K at any time.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. filed on SEDAR its amended technical report on resources estimation of its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. There are 12 amendments in different parts of the report, with no material differences on the resource estimation.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- In Sonora more than 125 thousand persons in 30 municipalities and 47 rural communities have received support by 13 mining companies and six service providers: Grupo México, Fresnillo Plc, Argonaut Gold, Bylsa Drilling, Asociación de Real de Minas de San Javier, SilverCrest, Alamos Gold, Agnico Eagle, EMS, Molymex, Metallorum-Autlán, FLSmidth, First Majestic, Gruminex, Peñoles, Barimont, MAC Distribuciones, Dynapro Pumps and Cobre del Mayo).
- The mining sector in Mexico strives nowadays for social co-responsibility between community, government and enterprises, where the communities define their needs and priorities, the government complies with its responsibilities and enterprises promote and provide resources, organize community committees and develop executive projects.
- The world day of the environment was held in Teloloapan, Guerrero, with the presence of Efrén Romero, municipal president, Army members and Minera Capela executives.
- In Cuencamé, Durango, a road work investment of 11 million pesos was inaugurated by Luly Martínez. Municipal president. The investment was made possible with resources from the Mining Fund.
- Agnico Eagle received the Environmental Excellence Award from the Mining Association in Canada, for its work in Pinos Altos, Chihuahua, where was developed an ultra-high density grazing initiative.
- Peña Colorada builds a medical facility in Manzanillo. With an investment of 4 M pesos, the facility will count with an area for patient care, and another area for the rest of the medical personnel, as this new building is by the side of the Hospital General de Manzanillo.
- Newmont Corp. published its 2019 sustainability report. The report displays all the work planned and done by the company as it strives to better its environmental, social and governmental imprint in Mexico.
- Bylsa Drilling efforts on social responsibility on the communities neighboring the Las Chispas and Alamos Silver projects in Sonora were commended by governor Claudia Pavlovich.
- The Mining Fund provided the resources to build the Doctores Avenue in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. The 27.14 million pesos invested funded 670 m of paving and drainage construction.
- Grupo Mexico restated its compromise on the state of Chihuahua with the donation of a termo-cycler to the State Health Laboratory. Previously the company had donated five mechanical ventilators to the University Central Hospital, same that shortly is to receive 25 non-invasive ventilators more.
On the image below: Quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) announces its partner on the Cervantes project, Aztec Minerals Corp. (“Aztec”), has provided an updated review in anticipation of signing the joint venture agreement and developing the first joint venture exploration program. Aztec reports that an ‘integrated review of the geological, geochemical, and geophysical data on Cervantes has identified 11 targets in total of which 7 are ready for drilling.’
By Miguel A Heredia
During the twenty three week of the year (June 1st to June 7th, 2020), at least 49 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with fifteen commenting on Mexican issues, twelve communicating resumptions, production and financial results, six announcing financial rounds, five discussing on social issues, five reporting on resources and developments, three disclosing deals and corporate issues, and three informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Undersecretary of Mining and the state Governors declared that the resumption of the mining activities in the first week of June has been successful. Francisco Quiroga, the Undersecretary of Mining, stated that the mining sector will sustain part of the national economic recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mexican government, in a very unfortunate statement, declared that it is analyzing the possibility to disappear the Undersecretariat of Mining. Fernando Alanís, president of the Mexican Mining Chamber (Camimex), stated that Mexico’s mining production would drop 17% this year due to coronavirus pandemic. The deputy of the PRI, Carlos Pavón Campos, will present a proposal requesting that the Mining Fund returns to be used in accordance to its original objective. Esperanza Silver de México (Alamos Gold Inc.) announced that it expects to create hundreds of direct + indirect jobs if they open its Esperanza mine in Morelos. According to Fernando Alanis, president of the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX), mining companies plan to invest USD $4B in 2020. Resuming of the mining activities in Oaxaca will activate 10,000 jobs. ON EXPLORATION, In Sinaloa, Vizsla recommenced drilling at its Panuco project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold provided an exploration update on its Tabasqueña project. In Jalisco, GoGold resumed drilling at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Several mining, such as GoGold, Great Panther, Avino, Argonaut, Impact Silver, Pan American Silver, Telson, Excellon, and Sierra Metals among others, announced the restart of their Mexican mining operations after receiving approval of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS). Mexus Gold reported its May 2020 production results from its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. US Antimony reported its Sb and zeolite production for the month of May 2020. Excellon presented Q1 2020 production and financial results (La Platosa, Durango). ON FINANCING, Advance Gold announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $300K (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). Discovery Metals closed the first tranche of a CAD $35M non brokered private placement, for aggregates proceeds of CAD $17.1M (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Magna Gold closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $7M (San Francisco mine, Sonora). Silver Viper closed its previously brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $5.12M (La Virginia project, Sonora). Alamos Gold declared quarterly dividends of USD $0.015 per common share (Mulatos mine, Sonora). Pan American Silver announced the closing of its overnight marketed secondary offering of common shares of Maverix Metals Inc., in which it raised gross proceeds of USD $45.54M (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, VanGold concluded its +1,000 tonnes bulk sample and metallurgical test of mineral material from its Pinguino project in Guanajuato. Premier announced an update on its delineation core drilling program at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. US Antimony reported that a thickener circuit is being constructed on site at its Puerto Blanco mill in Guanajuato. Endeavour released new high grade Au-Ag drill results from its Guanacevi mine in Durango. Golden Minerals President & CEO spoke about its Velardeña and Rodeo projects in Durango and its intention to bring them into production in 2021. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Canuc postponed the filing of its interim consolidated financial statement and management´s discussion and analysis for the period ended March 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic (San Javier project, Sonora). San Marco granted stock options to directors and officers (Chunibas project, Sonora). Newmont published its 2019 sustainability report (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Consorcio Minero Peña Colorada invested MXP $4M to refurbish health unit in Manzanillo, Colima. The Grupo Mexico Foundation delivered important donation to the Health Sector of Chihuahua and Sombrerete, Zacatecas. Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver) donated medical ventilator, pantries, medicines and cleaning kits in Oaxaca. Minera San Julián (Fresnillo plc) delivered a mechanical ventilator and personal protection equipment to medical personnel of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) of Parral, Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Undersecretary of Mining and the state governments, declared that the resumption of the mining activities in the first week of June has been successful. Almost 90% of the companies in the sector are already on work, thanks to the support of Francisco Quiroga, the Undersecretary of Mining of the Ministry of Economy, who established agreements with Governors of the states and with the companies, so that they could return to work safely and without risk of COVID-19 infections. The remaining 10% of mining companies are preparing sanitary protocols to resume activities in the coming days.
- Francisco Quiroga, the Undersecretary of Mining, stated that the mining sector will sustain part of the national economic recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic. Activities derived from the mining industry serve to maintain various communities and even in some areas is the main source of economy. The mining sector is carrying out its reactivation of activities in a progressive way and with respect to health protocols. The sector has always worked with rigorous safety protocols to carry out its activities,
- The Mexican government, in a very unfortunate statement, declared that it is analyzing the possibility to disappear the Undersecretariat of Mining. The measure would be in complete contradiction to the recent recognition of mining as an essential sector that generates 2.6 million jobs, has an impact in 10 states of the country and represents around 3% of GDP. The president AMLO has suggested the imminent disappearance, conversion, or inclusion in another agency, in order to reduce public spending. It occurs just when the Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga, reached agreements with Governors, and the mining companies and their representatives have worked hard in a coordinated way to implement the security protocols. Entrepreneurs in this area, both Mexican and foreign, consider that the disappearance of the Undersecretariat of Mining may be negative for a sector that represents around 8% of industrial GDP. The panorama is worrying, since it seems to show the little interest of the current administration to encourage the development of the mining sector. Mining companies and their representatives see this measure as a setback for the country´s development. AMLO stated that to date, none decision has been taken so far, and recognized that mining is a fundamental economic activity that generates many jobs in the case of Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango, and the rest of the mining states.
- Fernando Alanís, president of the Mexican Mining Chamber (Camimex), stated that Mexico’s mining production would drop 17% this year and the sector´s export could decrease by around 10% due to the cessation of operations to contain the spread of the coronavirus. He also said that although activities in the industry were beginning to resume and about half of the operating personnel had returned to work, exploration work remained suspended and anticipated that the pandemic would also have ended with some 71,000 indirect jobs in the local sector.
- The deputy of the PRI, Carlos Pavón Campos, will present a proposal in the Chamber of Deputies, requiring that the Mining Fund returns to carry out infrastructure works in the municipalities of the country where mining activity is performed, with the purpose of promoting the development of the communities, which was its original objective.
- Esperanza Silver de México (Alamos Gold Inc.), announced that it expects to create hundreds of direct + indirect jobs if they open its Esperanza mine in Morelos. Esperanza Silver, under the scheme of a “New Model of Social and Environmentally Responsible Mining” policy, wants to bring its project to the community of Tetlama to protect the environment and generate employment that is essential for the economic reactivation of the state due to the direct + indirect jobs that will be generated, the value chains and supplies that will be activated, and the generation of taxes that will favorably impact state and municipal public finances. The company has projected an estimated investment of USD $450M to bring into production its mining project.
- According to Fernando Alanis, president of the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX), mining companies plan to invest USD $4B in 2020, which represents 14% more than in 2019, despite the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Resuming of the mining activities in Oaxaca, will activate 10,000 jobs. The mining personnel will carry out all the health and training protocols to avoid COVID-19 infections, supervised by the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS).
- Vizsla Resources Corp., announced that it has re-commenced drilling at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. It had previously announced the return of its staff to the project on May 21, 2020 to execute its exploration program at its district-scale project.
- Advance Gold Corp., provided an update on its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas. The CEO of the company stated that they have hit what appears to be a very large sulphide system with their recent drilling program collared into a 3.2Km continuous IP chargeability anomaly. These holes encountered promising grades in the stacked lenses of disseminated sulphides. Next step will be to drill the core of the system on the hinge zone of the IP chargeability anomaly, where it increases in width, to confirm the identified mineralization.
- GoGold Resources Inc., resumed drilling at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. The Company is nearing completion of resource drilling at Los Ricos South for its upcoming 43-101 compliant resource calculation.
- Several mining companies, such as GoGold, Great Panther, Avino, Argonaut, Impact Silver, Pan American Silver, Telson, Excellon, and Sierra Metals, among others, announced the restart of their Mexican mining operations following a government order adding mining to the list of essential services, and after receiving approval from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS).
- Mexus Gold US, reported May 2020 production results from its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. It produced 102 Oz Au. The company announced that it plans to produce 150 Oz Au in June 2020. The heap leach pad at the Santa Elena mine currently holds 18,000 tons of mineralized material. Head grades are estimated at 3 to 4 g/t Au.
- US Antimony Corporation, announced that it produced 108.9K Lb Sb and 1,129 tonnes of zeolites during the month of May 2020.
- Excellon Resources Inc., presented Q1 2020 production and financial results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. It processed 19,042 tonnes of 542 g/t Ag, 5.4% Pb and 6.8% Zn to produce 296.3K Oz Ag, 1.89M Lb Pb, and 2.1M Lb Zn (or 523.7K Oz AgEq) with metallurgical recoveries of 89.3%, 82.8%, and 74.9% respectively. Total cash and AISC of USD $15.35 and USD $26.52 per Oz Ag payable was reported respectively. The company had revenues of USD $6.6M, gross loss of USD $0.1M, cash and cash equivalents of USD $8.4M.
- Advance Gold Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds for a maximum of $300K. Net proceeds will be used to advance its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas and for general corporate purposes.
- Discovery Metals Corp., closed the first tranche of a CAD $35M non brokered private placement, for aggregates proceeds of CAD $17.1M. Discovery intends to close a further CAD$7,9M in subscriptions in a second tranche of the private placement, for an aggregate total of CAD $25M. Net proceeds of the first tranche will be used to fund their Cordero and Coahuila projects in Chihuahua and Coahuila states respectively, and for general working capital purposes.
- Magna Gold Corp., closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $7M. Gross proceeds will be used for working capital purposes in connection with their existing projects (San Francisco mine and Mercedes and San Judas projects, Sonora).
- Silver Viper Minerals Inc., closed its previously announced brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $5.12M. A cash commission of CAD $218,770 was paid to the brokers, representing a 6% of the gross proceeds. Silver Viper will be used the net proceeds to fund the development of its Virginia project in Sonora, and for working capital and general corporate purposes.
- Alamos Gold Inc., declared quarterly dividends of USD $0.015 per common share. The company has paid dividends for 11 consecutive years during which time USD $173M has been returned to shareholders through dividends and share buybacks.
- Pan American Silver Corp., announced the closing of its overnight marketed secondary offering of common shares of Maverix Metals Inc., in which Pan American raised gross proceeds of USD $45.54M (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- VanGold Mining , concluded its +1,000 tonnes bulk sample and metallurgical test of mineral material from its Pinguino project in Guanajuato. This bulk sample was sent to Endeavour’s Bolañitos mill, located approximately 28km from El Pinguico project. The company will report the results obtained once the information is received. On the other hand, crews are clearing the bottom of the El Pinguino shaft since approximately 30 m of debris has accumulated at the bottom. Once it is done, VanGold plans to sample the bottom of the underground stockpile in order to determine if the grades of Au and Ag obtained on the top of the stockpile extends to the bottom of it; inspecting the #7 Sangria adit since it may provide a potential safe and inexpensive haulage way to bring the underground material to surface; and sample the Colmillo stope since it was a high grade portion of the Pinguico mine during the period prior to its closure in 1913.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced an update on its delineation core drilling program at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The 2020 delineation drilling campaign is focused on expanding and confirming higher-grade mineralization in several areas including Marianas and Diluvio West. Highlights at Diluvio West include hole UG-DI20-096 with 6.1 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag over 84.7m, and hole UG-DI20-095 with 6.38 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag over 73.5m. At Marianas, good drill intersections were encountered at hole UG-MR20-056 with 11.67 g/t Au and 56g/t Ag over 5.2m and hole UG-MR20-059 with 9.74 g/t Au and 16 g/t Ag over 11.3m. Diluvio consists of a stockwork system that is divided into Diluvio Central, hosted in felsic volcanoclastic, and Diluvio West hosted in an andesite while Marianas represents the down-plunge extension of the main Mercedes mine trend.
- US Antimony Corporation, reported that a thickener circuit is being constructed on site at its Puerto Blanco mill in Guanajuato to increase the production rate and control the pulp density of ore to be processed. “The company is anxious to continue on the cyanide leach of the gold and silver Los Juarez ore now that they will have a thickener.”
- Endeavour Silver Corp., released drill results of 18 holes collared in the Santa Cruz vein on the El Curso property at its Guanacevi mine in Durango, of which 12 holes reported new high grade Au-Ag values over minable widths. Drilling highlights include hole UCM-27 with 3.25 g/t Au and 1,085 g/t Ag (1,410 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 10m; hole UCM-26 with 1.87 g/t Au and 762 g/t Ag (949 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 5.1m; and hole UCM-25 with 1.43 g/t Au and 986 g/t Ag (1,129 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.8m. This drilling program confirmed the extension of the P4 orebody, and now the extension measures 200 m long by 300 m deep, still open at depth, and discovered a new mineralized zone to the west of the P4 extension of 250 m long by 150 m deep, still open along strike and at depth.
- Golden Minerals Company President & CEO, spoke about its Velardeña and Rodeo projects in Durango and its intention to bring them into production in 2021. The company is currently generating revenue through the lease of its oxide mill in Mexico to Hecla Mining Company, and intends to bring into production its Rodeo open pit Au project in 2021 after the lease concludes with Hecla at the end of 2020. Rodeo, according to the PEA “is capable to provide almost USD $25M in after-tax cash flow in two years of production. The goal of the company is to use the cash generated from Rodeo to finance a potential startup for its Ag-Au Velardeña project. Velardeña’s 2020 PEA shows an USD $86M NPV”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Canuc Resources Corporation, postponed the filing of its interim consolidated financial statement and management´s discussion and analysis for the period ended March 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic (San Javier project, Sonora).
- San Marco Resources Inc. granted stock options to directors and officers (Chunibas project, Sonora).
- Newmont Corporation, published its 2019 sustainability report, “Beyond the Mine”, a transparent and comprehensive disclosure of the Company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Consorcio Minero Peña Colorada S.A. de C.V., invested MXP $4M to reconvert a building attached to the Manzanillo General Hospital, providing it with medical equipment and furniture for 3 medical care modules and one more for the rest of medical personnel.
- The Grupo Mexico Foundation, delivered important donation to the Health Sector of Chihuahua, which consisted of five new mechanical ventilators, 15,000 medical equipment consisting of N-95 masks, disposable gowns, face masks, goggles, overalls, boot covers, respirators, aprons and gloves, as well as ultrasound equipment, portable X-rays and monitoring panels. The donation also included 25 non-invasive ventilators and 10,000 serological tests for COVID-19, which will allow detecting a greater number of people infected and have a broader overview of the behavior of the disease in the state. Additionally, Grupo México Foundation also joined the Chihuahua Food Program, by donating 650 pantries to support vulnerable groups in the municipalities of Aquiles Serdán and Santa Bárbara. In Sombrerete, Zacatecas, the Grupo Mexico Foundation also delivered more than 1,700 articles of medical supplies consisting of tyvek coveralls, N95 masks, face shields, disposable gowns and boot covers, and alcohol gel, and donated 700 pantries to the municipality of Sombrerete through the Municipal DIF to be distributed among the groups most at risk from this epidemic, as is the case of older adults in the Divine Providence Asylum that received 40 pantries with items from the basic food basket.
- Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., donated MXP $1.3M to the Business Contingent Exchange and the Medical Support Program promoted by the Oaxaca Ministry of Economy to buy an equipment for ventilation and respiratory monitoring in the Intensive care unit, and delivered more than 3,300 pantries, 3,400 family cleaning packages and 4,600 medicines to the population of San José del Progreso and communities close to the operation of the San José mining unit. It is estimated that these actions have benefited more than 7,000 Oaxacans.
- Minera San Julián (Fresnillo plc), delivered a mechanical ventilator equipment to the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) of Parral, Chihuahua and donated more than 2,000 pieces of personal protective equipment such as 50 tyvek suits, 200 N-95 face masks, 200 surgical fabric mouth masks, 600 mine-made mouth masks, 1,000 pairs of nitrile gloves and 50 safety glasses to employees of the health institution.
On the picture above, tight folds in an orogenic Au prospect in Michoacan, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 22nd week of the year (May 24th to May 31st, 2020), at least 36 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Francisco Quiroga, subsecretary of mining had a very active week by reviewing personally the health protocols put in place by mining companies in several states, as well as being present on the installation of regional mining committees in a handful of states, before the full re-start of mining operations allowed by the government. BNamericas presented a list of 24 mining projects going ahead in Mexico from 2020 to 2026, with a capital investment of US$7,450 M. Mining companies scrambled on the restart of operations permitted by the government with the inclusion of the industry in the category of essential activities that can operate during the Coronavirus emergency. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone Mining resumed activities at its Rebeico project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay Silver released results from drilling at its Columba project; Mammoth Resources announced Centerra is returning for exploration work at its Tenoriba project. In Nayarit, Candente Gold is to rehabilitate underground workings to advance its El Dorado project. In Zacatecas, Defiance Silver delineated several targets at the San Acacio property. ON MINING, Sierra Metals, Impact Silver, Mexus Gold, Fortuna Silver, Gold Resource, Endeavour Silver and Aura Minerals announced the recommencement of activities, following the government easing of restrictions on mining. Impact Silver and Discovery Metals reported first quarter 2020 results. GR Silver Mining is postponing the filing of first quarter 2020 results, under the blanket relief granted by the regulatory authorities in Canada. ON FINANCING, in a pretty busy week, 16 companies made announcements related to their financing. Canasil Resources granted 1.75 M options. Orex Minerals intends to raise up $2 M. Silver Tiger Metals is now trading on the OTCQB quotation system in the US. Vangold Mining accelerated a warrant bonus program in connection with its 2019 private placement. Equinox Gold saw warrants exercised for $145 M. Southern Silver Exploration extended the expiry date of some warrants for two years. Ridgestone Mining is now listed in the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Aztec Mining engaged a Swiss investor relations firm for European exposure. Vizsla Resources is pursuing a financing round for C$4 M. DynaResources closed a financing agreement for $3.9 M. Minaurum Gold closed its private placement grossing $5 M. Telson closed the second tranche of its private placement for $196.6 K. Golden Tag Announced a non-brokered private placement for up to $1.12 M. Solaris Resources raised C$20 M. Mammoth Resources announced a private placement for up to $131 K. Consolidated Zn intends to raise up to $1.73 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold Mining is working on the PEA for its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Golden Minerals filed the PEA on Rodeo, Durango. Bacanora Lithium updated on activities to further advance its Sonora Lithium project. Discovery Metals has completed 15,000 m of its 30,000 m phase 1 drill program at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Mithril completed the acquisition of Sun Minerals, obtaining thus the Copalquin project in Durango. Candente Gold amended the memorandum of understanding to acquire the El Dorado property and the SDA mill in Nayarit. Sonora Metals published and filed a new version of the Cerro Caliche development report, as requested by the British Columbia Securities Commission. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Minera Peña Colorada, Grupo Mexico, Fresnillo PLC, Minera Real Bonanza and the mining industry in Sonora informed on donations and work realized to aid communities, mainly on subjects related to the Coronavirus emergency, like medical supplies and equipment, comprising also a large array of investments and measures that benefit the mining communities.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Francisco Quiroga, subsecretary of Mining, personally verified the application of safety protocols to re-start operations in mines. Quiroga visited Agnico Eagle’s Pinos Altos, Grupo Mexico’s Santa Barbara and Frisco’s Concheño mines in Chihuahua. He will also review protocols in Durango, Zacatecas and Coahuila.
- The fourth virtual personnel hiring session was held by La Cantera Desarrollos Mineros in Zacatecas.
- The silver price has seen its strongest monthly growth in almost seven years. Prices have reached up to $17.69 per ounce.
- The Regional Committee for the Development of Mining Zones was constituted in Durango.
- Mining Companies are to re-start operations on June 1, 2020. Dozens of mining companies prepare to re-commence mining and processing activities, reviewing its health and work protocols.
- The Regional Committee for the Development of Mining Zones was installed in Zacatecas. The governor Alejandro Tello, the Camimex president, Fernando Alanís and the Mining subsecretary Francisco Quiroga were in the event that also saw the presence of representatives of Fresnillo PLC, Industrias Peñoles, Minera Frsico, Capstone Gold, Excellon Resources, Newmont, Aura Minerals, Arian Silver, Grupo Mexico, Impulsora Minera Santacruz, First Majestic, Grupo Minera Candelaria, Minera Camino Rojo, and Minas de San Nicolás.
- The subsecretary of Mining Francisco Quiroga reviewed the sanitary procedures of Minera El Roble.
- Peñasquito restarted operations in Zacatecas, after the review of the health protocol by Francisco Quiroga, subsecretary of mining.
- Bnamericas presented a list of mining projects going forward in 2020-2026 with a capital investment of US$7,450 M, notwithstanding the pandemic induced stoppages. A total of 24 projects would increase the annual production by 1.5 M Oz Au, 33 M Oz Ag and 247 K tonnes Cu to 2026.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released results from four more drill holes at its Columba project in Chihuahua. Highlighted core length intervals comprise: 1.06 m @ 259 gpt Ag; 7.0 m @ 124 gpt Ag (including 3.6 m @ 197 gpt Ag); 2.8 m @ 762 gpt Ag (including, 1.0 m @ 2,010 gpt Ag); 10.2 m @ 68 gpt Ag (including 0.65 m @ 368 gpt Ag); 4.4 m @ 209 gpt Ag (including 1.4 m @ 484 gpt Ag); 38 m @ 50 gpt Ag (including 0.45 m @ 486 gpt Ag); 6.0 m @ 317 gpt Ag (including 2.0 m @ 865 gpt Ag); 36 m @ 72 gpt Ag (including 1.1 m @ 769 gpt Ag and 4.36 m @ 317 gpt Ag). Drill results show continuity and high grades along nearly 600 meters of strike on the F Vein at depths from 15 to 200 meters.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. has resumed activities at its Rebeico project in Sonora. “Core samples from the first three drill holes at the New Year Zone, which encountered abundant sulphides, have been sent to ALS Chemex in Hermosillo for assaying”.
- Mammoth Resources Corp. announced the return of Centerra Gold Inc. personnel to Mammoth’s Tenoriba project in Chihuahua.
- Candente Gold Corp. is planning underground work on the El Dorado project in Las Minitas, Nayarit. Rehabilitation of underground workings is to aid in the construction of a 3-D model of unmined blocks and vein structure, to guide potential mining/extraction operations. Drill data from the 2010-2011 campaign would be also incorporated.
- Defiance Silver Corp. announced the delineation of multiple targets at is San Acacio project in Zacatecas, which include a 1.3 Km by 300 m corridor where a hanging wall mineralizing event has been identified, deep targets along the Veta Grande strike to the SE, and the El Mirador part of the multi-km long La Veta Morada fault. Re-logging and sampling of historical drill holes is to continue, with a 5,000 m drilling program planned on existing targets. Defiance is preparing additional drill permit applications that will test some of the targets that lie outside of the current drill permit.
- Sierra Metals Inc. informed the Mexican government issued a communication stating “that the effective date for Mining to be deemed an essential service was June 1, 2020. The Company is currently recalling employees from the Bolivar Mine (Chihuahua) to begin a COVID-19 screening process, including a quarantine period, allowing the Company to be ready to commence mining activities on June 1, 2020. The Cusi Mine (Chihuahua), as previously discussed in the May 13, 2020 press release, remains in care and maintenance”.
- Aura Minerals Inc. announced that the Company filed its interim financial statements for the first quarter of 2020 (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
- Impact Silver Corp. announced its financial and operational results for the first quarter of 2020. Silver production was 179 K Oz Ag, with mill feeds from the Guadalupe, San Ramon, Cuchara and Veta Negra mines. At the end of the period the company cash and working capital stood at $3.9 M and $3.4 M respectively. Mining is to resume on June 1st, 2020, following government directions (Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico).
- Mexus Gold US. Resumed full operational production after the Coronavirus emergency slowdown at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to be mistaken with First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. resumed production activities at its San José mine in Oaxaca.
- Gold Resource Corp. received written government approval to restart its Oaxaca Mining Unit in Oaxaca. “After reviewing Gold Resource Corporation’s safety protocol documentation, the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMMS) approved in writing the restart of the Company’s OMU operations on May 25, 2020”.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. has restarted operations at its three underground mines in Mexico. “The Company filed its mine operating and health plans with, and received approvals from, the Secretariat of Health in Mexico to recommence mining operations”. Guanaceví in Durango, Bolanitos in Durango and El Compa in Zacatecas are ramping up activities to achieve normal operations.
- Discovery Metals Corp. announced its operating and financial results for the first quarter 2020. By the end of the period Discovery had cash and cash equivalents of $20 M (Cordero, Chihuahua).
- Minera Capela (Industrias Peñoles) reported a rock-fall that resulted in two deaths and three more casualties in Tehuixtla, Teloloapan, Guerrero.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. Informed that due to international logistics and delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Company is relying on the blanket relief granted by the securities regulatory authorities in Canada to postpone the filing of its Q1 2020 reports. (Plomosas, Sinaloa).
- Aura Minerals Inc. expects it will be able to gradually and safely resume activities at Aranzazu, Zacatecas, over the next few weeks.
- Canasil Resources Inc. granted 1.75 M incentive stock options to directors, officers, consultants and employees. David Terry has agreed to act as an advisor to Canasil’s board of directors (La Esperanza, Zacatecas).
- Orex Minerals Inc. intends to undertake a private placement financing to raise gross proceeds of up to $2 M. “Orex intends to use the net proceeds of the Offering to maintain its 40% share of the Sandra-Escobar Project in good standing and fund its 40% share of the upcoming work program, and for general corporate and working capital purposes”.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc. (formerly Oceanus Resources) announced it is now trading on the OTCQB, a US interdealer quotation system. Silver Tiger’s common shares also trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under its trading symbol SLVR (El Tigre, Sonora).
- VanGold Mining Corp. adopted a warrant acceleration bonus program for its outstanding share purchase warrants granted in connection with the company’s 2019 private placement financing (El Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Equinox Gold Corp. reports that from April 1 to May 25, 2020, warrants s held by various security holders have been exercised for net proceeds of approximately $145 M. “As at May 26, 2020, the Company’s cash balance is more than $480 million” (Los Filos, Guerrero).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. announced that the TSX Venture Exchange has approved the extension of the expiry date of certain of the company’s outstanding common share purchase warrants for an additional two years, with the expiration date now from June 2022 to September 2022 (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. common shares are now listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, broadening the corporation’s shareholders base in Europe (Rebeico, Sonora).
- Aztec Minerals Corp. has engaged “Commodity-TV and Rohstoff-TV for an initial three month period to assist with Aztec’s investor relations activities. Pursuant to an agreement dated May 20, 2020, Aztec will pay C&R-TV €9000 plus expenses. C&R-TV is based in Switzerland and will introduce Aztec to its European investor network” (Cerro Cervantes, Sonora).
- Vizsla Resources Corp. entered into an agreement with Canaccord Genuity Corp. for a bought deal purchase of shares for C$4 M in gross profits (Panuco, Sinaloa).
- DynaResources Inc. closed a financing agreement with Golden Post Rail, LLC. and with certain individual shareholders of DynaUSA. Golden Post acquired a convertible promissory note of $2.5 M, bearing interest at 10% and maturing two years from the execution date. The other purchaser acquired convertible security notes in the amount of $1.4 M, bearing interest at 10% and maturing two years from the date of issuance (San Jose de Gracia, Sinaloa).
- Minaurum Gold Inc. closed its previously announced brokered private placement offering, for aggregate gross proceeds of $5 M (Alamos Silver, Sonora).
- Telson Mining Corp. closed a second and final tranche of the non-brokered private placement announced on December 27, 2019, for gross proceeds of $196.6 K (Tahuehueto, Durango).
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd. Announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $1.12 M. “Subsequent to closing of the Financing, the Company will have cash balances of approximately $2.1 million, and no debt” (San Diego, Durango).
- Solaris Resources Inc. completed a non-brokered private placement financing raising gross proceeds of C$20 M (La Verde, Michoacan).
- Mammoth Resources Corp. announced a non brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $131 K (Tenoriba, Chihuahua).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. announced that the fully underwritten pro-rata non-renounceable entitlements offer to raise $1.73 M on the basis on 1 new share for every 3 shares held at the record date has closed (Plomosas, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp. announced the company will resume activities at Las Minas, Veracruz, in July of 2020, with the goal of having all the necessary inputs for a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) study completed by the end of the year. A 3,000 m drilling program has been designed to expand and upgrade the current resource at El Dorado and continue exploration at the Cinco Señores and Changarro areas. A comprehensive metallurgical study is to be elaborated, as well as an airborne LIDAR on 50 square Km to map the ground surface to 10 Cm resolution.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced the filing on SEDAR of a preliminary Economic assessment (PEA) for its Rodeo property in Durango.
- Bacanora Lithium PLC. updated on activities at its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. The pilot plant in Hermosillo is to remain closed until authorities lift the Coronavirus pandemic restrictions. Completion of the flow sheet engineering will provide an engineering, procurement and construction style engineering proposal to produce downstream battery grade lithium products, is now scheduled for end of Q4, 2020. from Sonora.
- Discovery Metals Corp. informed that to date the company has completed 17,500 m (48 holes) of its planned 30,000 to 35,000 phase 1 drill program, demonstrating near-surface higher-grade potential over a strike length of 1,250 m, intercepting multiple sulfide veins with grades over 1 kilogram silver per tonne at its Cordero project, Chihuahua.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mithril Resources Ltd. has completed the acquisition of Sun Minerals Pty Ltd., which holds and exclusive option to acquire the high-grade Copalquin project in Durango. The company issued 673.85 M ordinary shares for the acquisition of all the issued capital of Sun Minerals. Mithril also issued 10 M ordinary shares and paid US$200 K to Compañía Minera Copalquin, S.A. de C.V., and issued 225 M performance rights.
- Candente Gold Corp. informed the memorandum of understanding (MOU) the company signed with Magellan Acquisition Corp. giving Candente the right to earn up to a 100% interest in both the SDA plant and the El Dorado property, in Nayarit, has been amended such that a payment of US$5 K is being paid upon signing the revised MOU and the payment of shares upon completion of due diligence and a definitive agreement to earn 10% interest has been increased from 4 M shares to 5 M shares, all other terms remain the same. The MOU is subject to TSX Venture approval as well as due diligence and execution of a definitive agreement.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. has published a revised version of its Cerro Caliche project development report dated May 22, 2020. As a result of a review by the British Columbia Securities Commission, Sonoro withdrew an April 28, 2020 version of this project development report as it contained certain technical disclosures that did not comply with National Instrument 43-101 standards of disclosure for mineral projects. The revised report is not a technical report as defined by NI 43-101 and has been updated to address those disclosure issues and is now available on the Cerro Caliche project page of the Company’s website.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Minera Peña Colorada donated 1000 sets of groceries to aid the most needed families in Cuatitlán de García Barragán, Jalisco.
- Grupo Mexico donated 23 respiratory ventilators to the State of Sonora, to be distributed mainly in the capital hospitals.
- Fresnillo PLC donated personal medical protection equipment in Caborca, Sonora.
- Minera Real Bonanza supports the fight against the Covid-19 menace through the Hacienda Santa Ana museum in Real de Catorce, San Luis Potosi.
- Grupo Mexico Foundation and Fechac delivered health protection kits to hospitals in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua.
- Fresnillo PLC donated a respiratory ventilator to health authorities in Durango.
- Fresnillo PLC donated medical protection equipment to a hospital in Fresnillo, Zacatecas.
- The mining industry in Sonora has contributed with sanitizing kits, grocery kits, medical protection sets, hospital equipment, office equipment and public spaces sanitizing. These have benefited 125,813 people with an investment of $64.6 M pesos during April and May 2020, in communities like Cananea, Caborca, La Colorada, Nacozari, Cumpas, Fronteras, Magdalena, San Javier and Esqueda.
On the image below: White, granular quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.