September 11, 2018 – Vancouver, BC: Riverside Resources Inc. (“Riverside” or the “Company”) (TSXV: RRI) (OTCQB: RVSDF) (FSE: R99), is pleased to have received the first set of regional soil geochemistry from the Cecilia 1 concession at the 100%-owned Cecilia Gold Project (the “Project”) in northeastern Sonora, Mexico. The soil survey covered approximately 30% of the recently acquired 50 km2 Cecilia 1 concession (see Figure 1 and press release dated March 5, 2018), and has expanded the targeting around the previously known central Cerro Magallanes area of the Cecilia Project. The Company continues to advance and refine the known central targets and is also placing equal priority on new property-wide target generation.
Vancouver, Canada: Radius Gold Inc. (TSX-V: RDU) is pleased to announce mobilization of a drill team to explore Radius’s high-grade gold-silver Amalia Project located in Chihuahua, Mexico. The drill program, operated by Radius and funded by Pan American Silver, is expected to commence in September. Radius is also pleased to announce it has completed a large detailed CSAMT geophysical survey, geological mapping and geochemical sampling at its 100% owned Coyote hot-springs epithermal gold project near Elko, Nevada and is on track to commence Radius-funded drilling this season at Coyote.
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (“Azure” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that project operator Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. (Teck), a 100% owned subsidiary of Canada’s largest diversified resource company, Teck Resources Limited, has commenced its second drilling campaign on the Alacrán Project (“Alacrán” or “project”), located in Sonora State, Mexico
By Jorge Cirett
During the 34th week of the year (August 20th to August 26th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Aztec Minerals, Discovery Metals, and SilverCrest Metals released advances in exploration. Grupo Mexico and Santacruz Silver Mining released its Q2 2018 results. SilverCrest Metals, Silver Bull, Avino Silver and Prize Mining reported news on financing. Azure Minerals reported advances on the PEA and new drilling of one of its projects. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango and two in Estado de Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals released results from surface sampling along drill roads on its Cervantes project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals released results from underground sampling at its Puerto Rico project. ON MINING Grupo Mexico and Santacruz Silver released its Q2 2018 reports. Grupo Mexico is to re-open its San Martin mine in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Silver Bull and Prize Mining closed final tranches of financing for gross proceeds of US$3.79 M and $7.62 M respectively. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure Minerals is advancing the PEA on its Oposura property in Sonora, and announcing a new drilling campaign. SilverCrest released more drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold announced several changes in senior management, as well as at its corporate head office in Vancouver, related to the recent focus on its operating mines.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from SGM’s Las Granadas project in Estado de Mexico, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/estado-de-mexico/las-granadas/. The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango and two in Estado de Mexico.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. released surface sampling results from the California prospect within its Cervantes project in Sonora. The rock chip channel samples were collected along drill roads, returning 75 m @ 0.11 g/t Au; 222 m @ 0.47 g/t Au; 84 m @ 0.40 g/t Au; 183 m @ 0.32 g/t Au; 81 m @ 0.53 g/t Au; 33 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 111 m @ 0.02 g/t Au. Aztec’s CAD$182 K phase 2 exploration program “of geological mapping, rock, soil and sediment sampling and airborne magnetic and radiometric surveys is focused on better defining additional drill targets” on the 3,649 hectares property. Soil surveys highlight strong gold anomalies at the California north, Purisima East, Purisima West and Jacob soil grids, with individual samples returning up to 3.3 g/t Au. The Cervantes property is held under an option to purchase agreement with Kootenay Silver Inc.
- Discovery Metals Corp. reported the second batch of underground channel sampling results from the San Jose mine at its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. “San Jose contains approximately 630m of underground drifts and stopes over four levels (from bottom to top: the Chuyon, Haulage, Rope and Upper levels) that span an approximate vertical extent of 50m and cover a horizontal extent of approximately 80m by 80m. All four levels host strongly mineralized mantos, chimneys and faults. Channel samples were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings”. Individual samples are as high as 1.2 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 46.2% Zn, 0.2% Pb, 0.2% Cu; 0.7 m @ 154 g/t Ag, 38.2% Zn, 0.6% Pb, 0.1% Cu; 1.0 m @ 18 g/t Ag, 30.2% Zn, 0.1% Pb, 2.6% Cu; 1.0 m @ 445 g/t Ag, 3.5% Zn, 26.3% Pb, 0.6% Cu.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating results from the Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and the Rosario project in San Luis Potosi, for the second quarter 2018. At Veta Grande, 52 K tonnes @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 1.14% Zn, 0.41% Pb (161 g/t AgEq) were processed, with a 45% Ag recovery, to produce 36.7 K Oz Ag, 59 Oz Au, 111 tonnes Pb, 164 tonnes Zn. At Rosario, 15.4 K tonnes @ 44 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 2.54% Zn, 0.23% Pb (212 g/t AgEq) were processed, with 89% Ag recovery, to produce 19.4 K Oz Ag, 84 Oz Au, 31 tonnes Pb, 344 tonnes Zn.
- Grupo México is to re–open its San Martin mine in Zacatecas, with an investment of US$77 M. The mine was closed eleven years ago due to a labor dispute with the Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores Mineros, led by Napoleon Gomez Urrutia. The mine workers have now changed to the Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Exploración, Explotación y Beneficio en Minas de la República Mexicana, ending the closure by strike of the mine. The mine is to have a 32 years life span, creating directly 600 jobs and indirectly 3,000 more.
- Grupo México reported its second quarter 2018 results. During the period sales increased 19%, while the EBITDA rose to US$1,316 M, and capital investments rose to US$434 M.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. has been approved to list its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. completed the second and final tranche of its previously announced private placement, for aggregate gross proceeds of USD$957.5 K. Under the first tranche of the private placement Silver Bull accrued USD$2.831 M (Sierra Mojada, Coahuila).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd- filed a shelf registration statement on Form F-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), that is to allow the company to raise up to US$25 M (Avino, Durango).
- Prize Mining Corp. closed the third and final tranche of the recently announced non-brokered private placement, raising $500 K and taking the total aggregate of gross proceeds to $7.62 M (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced that the preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its Oposura project in Sonora remains on track to be reported in the third quarter of 2018. The study envisions open pit and room and pillar underground extraction. The resource includes 2.1 Mt (tonnes) @5.3% Zn, 2.9% Pb, 17.2 g/t Ag in the indicated category and 0.8 Mt @ 4.3% Zn, 2.5% Pb, 16.5 g/t Ag in the inferred category.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced new drill results from the Granaditas vein and the new Granaditas Dos vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. These veins are approximately 40 m apart and may intersect to the southeast. Highlighted true width (TW) intercepts include 1.2 m @ 5.6 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 4.2 g/t Au, 229 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 3.10 g/t Au, 4.0 g/t Ag in the Granaditas vein, 0.5 m @ 1.8 g/t Au, 149 g/t Ag; 0.4 m @ 2.4 g/t Au, 421 g/t Ag; 2.9 m @ 294 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 1.2 g/t Au, 162 g/t Ag in the Granaditas Dos vein and 0.9 m @ 1.0 g/t Au, 82 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 2.5 g/t Au, 799 g/t Ag in an unnamed vein. The high-grade footprint in the Granaditas Vein currently measures approximately 200 m long by 200 m high and is open in most directions. The high-grade footprint in the Granaditas Dos (2) Vein currently measures approximately 100 m long by 100 m high and is open in most directions.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. recommenced drilling at its Oposura project in Sonora. This campaign is focused on infill drilling and more widely spaced resource extensional drilling.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. announced changes related to the recent focus on its operating mines San Francisco in Sonora and Florida Canyon in Nevada, which include the previously announced temporary suspension of exploration and development at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero, and the here stated termination of the Vice-president of project development Project Manager and the Chief Executive Officer. “The Company has also taken steps to reduce costs at the Ana Paula project site in Mexico while maintaining a level of local employment and community engagement…..the Company has also implemented a number of changes at its corporate office in Vancouver which in total are expected to reduce the corporate overhead by approximately $1.2 million over the next 12 months.“
- Defiance Silver Corp. renegotiated and extended the terms of its San Acacio Project option agreement. “The project vendor has agreed to postpone a substantial amount of the payments due in 2018 to September 27, 2020. As a result, Defiance will be making four quarterly payments of US$226,900 totaling US$907,600 in year one and four quarterly payments of US$250,000 totaling US$1,000,000 in year two with the final option payment due September 2020.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, the silicified and alunite bearing ridge beyond the farming fields is interpreted as the water table interface in a shallow epithermal system, in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce that Aztec Minerals Corp. (“Aztec”) has reported positive sample results on Kootenay’s Cervantes gold property (“Cervantes” or the “Property”) located in Sonora, Mexico.
Cuatro nuevas anomalías en suelo dorado en Cervantes confirman las perspectivas históricas con ensayos anómalos desde 0,10 gpt Oro hasta 3,3 gpt Oro del programa de exploración fase 2
Vancouver, Canadá – 22 de agosto de 2018 – Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) informa resultados de muestras positivas de hasta 0.47 gpt de oro en 222.0 metros en la línea B del muestreo de canales de roca en carreteras de perforación en el Perspectiva de oro y cobre pórfido de California en la propiedad Cervantes en Sonora, México.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 32nd week of the year (August 6th to August 12th, 2018), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Sable, Oroco, Millrock and One World Lithium updated on exploration advances. Hecla, Torex, Golden Minerals, Argonaut, Alio and Odyssey Marine Exploration released Q2 2018 reports. HarvestGold closed the final tranche of a financing round. Hecla, Alio and Consolidated Zinc reported advances on the development or exploration of their resource base. Three companies announced deals on projects, or company mergers. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua and two in Durango. The newly elected president of Mexico seems to have mining development as one of its 25 key projects. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Millrock reported drill results from its Navidad project. In Chihuahua, Sable Resources released wide, high-grade silver intercepts from its Margarita property. In Sinaloa, Oroco received the title for a concession on the Santo Tomás district. In Baja California, One World Lithium is preparing to drill its Salar del Diablo project. ON MINING Hecla, Torex gold, Golden Minerals, Alio Gold, Argonaut and Odyssey Mineral Exploration released Q2 2018 reports. ON FINANCING, Harvest Gold closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement, accruing C$857 K in gross proceeds. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Hecla, Alio Gold and Consolidated Zinc reported on actions and programs to affect their resource estimates or development to mining. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Reign and Marlin Gold reported on their merger agreement, Megastar closed a deal on three properties in Oaxaca and San Marco optioned the Chunibas project in Oaxaca to Antofagasta.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from Hecla’s San Sebastian project in Durango, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/durango/san-sebastian/ . The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua and two in Durango.
- The newly elected president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, presented 25 priority projects for his coming tenure, one of which is mining development, on a meeting with the Colegio de Ingenieros Civiles de México (Civil Engineers Association of Mexico), the Unión Mexicana de Asociaciones de Ingenieros A.C. and the Engineering Faculty of the Universidad Autónoma de México (UNAM). Carlos Slim was among the cohort of industry leaders in the luncheon held at the Palacio de Minería (Mining Palace) in Mexico City. No details were exposed.
- Sable Resources Ltd. released results from a third drill hole on the Margarita vein of its Margarita property in Chihuahua (near Sunshine’s Los Gatos property). The most recent intercept confirms vein continuity over 500 m of longitude. The vein was intercepted 40 m from surface, returning 12.4 m @ 514 g/t AgEq (with Pb and Zn credits, no details released), including 4.10 m @ 902 g/t AgEq, which includes 1.0 m @ 1,048 g/t AgEq and 1.05 m @ 1,035 g/t AgEq. Other five holes have been finished, with similar vein textures having been intersected across similar widths down to a depth of 100 m from surface.
- Oroco Resources Corp. announced that the Papago 17 concession in Sinaloa has been granted by the government, and the company is now to register its 77.5% interest (got on a deal with a private owner) in the Mexican Public Registry of Mining. The 213 ha Papago 17 concession lies south from the Santo Tomás porphyry copper project, and contains quartz monzonite dikes and hornfelsed andesite.
- Millrock Resources Inc. reported second phase drilling results from its Navidad project in Sonora. The program focused on targets identified by soil and rock sampling, geophysical surveys and trenching, as well as the Crossover and El Cobre prospects. In total 2,969 m in 14 holes were drilled. Highlighted core length intercepts include 3.9 m @ 1.78 g/t Au; 12.5 m @ 1.14 g/t Au; 8.0 m @ 0.46 g/t Au; 6.3 m @ 0.39 g/t Au, 3.3 m @ 3.84 g/t Au; 8.7 m @ 0.43 g/t Au, 9.0 m @ 0.39 g/t Au; 5.5 m @ 0.72 g/t Au; 8.5 m @ 0.39 g/t Au; 2.6 m @ 1.73 g/t Au; 6.3 m @ 0.43 g/t Au; 7.9 m @ 2.34 g/t Au; 6.0 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 17.4 m @ 1.61 g/t Au; 9.2 m @ 0.71 g/t Au.
- One World Lithium Inc. has accepted the Lithium Partnership’s final report summarizing pre-drilling programs for its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California. Eleven drill hole locations have been selected to test the three geophysical anomalies and two geochemical targets. One World intends to commence drilling on the latter part of October 2018.
- Hecla Mining Co. reported second quarter 2018 results, including figures from its San Sebastian project in Durango, where 559,647 Oz Ag, 3,872 Oz Au were produced during the period. The mill operated at an average of 415 tpd (tons per day). Cash cost was $9.79 per Ag Oz and AISC $17.15 per Ag Oz, reflecting the higher cost of transitioning from open pit to underground mining. “A reduction in per ounce costs is expected in the second half of the year as underground production continues to ramp up”.
- Torex Gold Inc. reported its financial results for the second quarter 2018. Mine production at Limon-Guajes totaled 7.15 Mt (tonnes), averaging 78,629 tpd (tonnes per day) of which 1.28 Mt was ore processed at 11,140 tpd. Mined ore averaged 2.45 g/t Au and processed ore 2.86 g/t Au, for the production of 78,796 Oz Au, with 87% Au recovery in the period and cash cost of $680 per Oz Au and AISC of $1,017 per Oz Au. Cash held at the end of the period was $117.9 M.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced financial results for the second quarter 2018. During the quarter Golden reported final drill results from the Santa Maria project (Chihuahua) 2017-2018 drill program and announced the preparation of an updated technical report and preliminary economic assessment (PEA). In August 2018, Golden entered into a non-binding letter of intent with The Electrum Group LLC upon which Electrum is to purchase Golden’s remaining interest in the Celaya property in Guanajuato for a payment of $3 M. Cash and cash equivalents stood at $2.5 M at the end of the period.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. released financial results for the second quarter 2018. During the period the company produced 38,441 GEOs (Gold equivalent ounces) at cash cost $704 per Oz Au and AISC of $832 per Oz Au. At El Castillo, in Durango, 2.22 Mt (tonnes) of waste, and 2.15 Mt (tonnes) were moved, with 2.12 Mt ore @ 0.37 g/t Au crushed to the pads to produce 10,079 Oz Au, 8,111 Oz Ag at cash cost $992 per Au Oz. At San Agustin in Durango, 618 Kt of waste, 1.85 Mt of ore were moved, with 1.88 Mt of ore @ 0.36 g/t Au crushed to the pads to produce 15,528 Oz Au, 55,781 Oz Ag. At La Colorada, in Sonora, 1.81 Mt of waste, 1.06 Mt of ore were moved (32 K tpd), with 1.14 Mt of ore @ 0.36 g/t Au crushed to leach pads to produce 11,503 Oz Au, 29,360 Oz Ag at cash cost $833. “The Company expects the third quarter 2018 will see lower production due to the lower grades stacked on the leach pad during the second quarter 2018 and also expects higher costs during the third quarter 2018 associated with drilling, blasting and hauling costs for normal state operations”.” While the Company’s explosives permit has been reinstated at La Colorada, the legal action brought against the Secretary of National Defense and the Municipality of La Colorada continues through the Judiciary court process”.
- Alio Gold Inc. reported second quarter 2018 results. The San Francisco mine in Sonora produced 14,466 Oz Au, 7,661 Oz Ag at by-product cash cost $950 per Oz Au, while AISC was $1,172 per Oz Au. The Company is reducing stripping and focuses mining on more profitable ounces to maintain cash neutral operations. As a result of the reduced stripping, the ”production guidance of 90,000 to 100,000 ounces of gold for 2018 will not be met.” At Ana Paula in Guerrero, all development work including the construction of the underground decline, the completion of the feasibility study and further exploration have been temporarily suspended as result of the recent decline in the gold price.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. reported second quarter 2018 results. “Odyssey holds a controlling interest in Oceanica Resources, S. de R.L., and ExO, a subsidiary of Oceanica. ExO controls exclusive 50-year mining permits in an area in Mexican waters that contains a large amount of phosphate mineralized material”.” On March 21, 2018, the 11-judge panel of the Superior Court of the Federal Court of Administrative Justice in Mexico ruled unanimously in favor of ExO, nullifying the original denial of the environmental permit application.“ (Don Diego, Pacific Ocean cost of Baja California Sur)
- Harvest Gold Corp. closed a fourth and final tranche of its non-brokered private placement to raise CDN$200 K for a total of CDN$857 K gross proceeds. “The Company paid finder’s fees of 8% cash and 8% warrants to Canaccord Genuity Corp. on certain funds”. Harvest delivered $700 K to Evrim Resources Corp. to fund the Cerro Cascaron project (in Chihuahua) drill program of up to 3,000 m, beginning the third week of September.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Hecla Mining Co. reported on brownfield exploration on its mining units, including on the San Sebastian project in Durango, where it continues to expand high-grade polymetallic zones on the Middle and Francine veins. Additional oxide mineralization is being defined along the Professor and East Francine veins. On the Francine vein mineralization has been traced for over 360 m on surface, and over 240 at depth, but once incorporated the newly defined East Francine vein the total strike length of continuous mineralization along the Francine Vein exceeds 2,400 m and can be traced to a depth of over 600 m. Proven and probable reserves stand at 398 K tons @ 3.42 g/t Au, 432 g/t Ag, containing 43,000 Oz Au, 5.52 M Oz Ag and Measured and Indicated resources of 1.5 M tons @ 2.25 g/t Au, 186 g/t Ag, 2.9% Pb, 3.8% Zn, 1.7% Cu, containing 103,000 Oz Au, 8.8 M Oz Ag, 15,520 tons Pb, 20,350 tons Zn, 9,020 tons Cu.
- Alio Gold Inc. informed on the update of mineral reserve estimates at its San Francisco mine in Sonora. “Mining depletion of Mineral Reserves was partly offset by expansion of the reserves in Phases 6 through 9 of the San Francisco Pit. Total proven and probable mineral reserves totaled 854,472 ounces of gold (55.5 million tonnes at 0.49 g/t) as of July 1, 2018, an approximate decrease of 74,228 ounces of gold or 8% from April 1, 2017.”
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. informed on its plan to start pilot plant production at its Plomosas project in Chihuahua. The mining scoping studies focus on sulfide mineralization of the updated resource, starting with a 20,400 tonnes indicated resource @ 13.8% Zn, 2.4% Pb. The capital cost is expected to be low, including plant refurbishment and tailings dam upgrade.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Golden Reign Resources Ltd. and Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. Entered into a definitive agreement to combine businesses and amend stream agreement with Sailfish Royalty Corp. Golden Reign will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Marlin and satisfaction of all closing conditions of the business combination by way of plan of arrangement. As a condition to closing the Transaction, Sailfish has agreed to restructure its existing gold stream on San Albino (La Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Megastar Development Corp. closed the transaction to acquire 100% interest on the Rama de Oro, Magdalena and Yautepec projects in Oaxaca. Megastar paid USD$45 K and issued 1.5 M common shares to Minera Zalamera S.A. de C.V., as contemplated in the option agreement. “Furthermore, Mr. David M. Jones, president of Minera Zalamera, has been appointed to the board of directors of Megastar.”
- San Marco Resources Inc. signed an earn-in agreement with Antofagasta plc on the Chunibas project, located in Sonora. Antofagasta can acquire a 70% interest in the project by spending US$8 M in exploration, and making cash payments on the aggregate of US$200 K over a period of 4 years. A firm commitment of US$700 K will be used primarily for an initial drill program, including $100 K of reimbursement to San Marco of recent exploration expenditures. “The Project consists of stratiform, volcanic hosted coppersilver mineralization, similar to several ore deposits in northern Chile and is a style of mineralisation not previously discovered in Mexico.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, open cut in one of the structures of the Pozos District, Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, B.C., AUGUST 08, 2018 – One World Lithium Inc. (CSE-OWLI) (“OWL”) (the “Company”) has accepted the Lithium Partnership’s (the “LP”) the final report summarising the Phase 2 pre drilling programs, which incorporates all the geochemical, geophysical and geological data necessary to select drill hole locations.
Derelict buildings on the Pozos District, Guanajuato.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 30th week of the year (July 23rd to July 29th, 2018), at least 14 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Canasil, Endeavour Silver, Goldcorp and Sable updated on exploration advances. Fresnillo, Coeur and Agnico Eagle released Q2 2018 reports. Silver Bull closed the initial tranche of a financing round. Mexican Gold, SilverCrest Metals, Endeavour Silver, Coeur Mining, Agnico Eagle, Excellon and Minera Alamos reported advances on the development or exploration of their resource base. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Sable Resources released drilling results with good silver values from its Margarita property. In Zacatecas Canasil released drilling results from the Esperanza project; Endeavour Silver published drilling results from the Calicanto property; Goldcorp disclosed exploration efforts at its Santa Rosa project and the recent signing of a JV with Frisco to explore the Mazapil Valley. ON MINING Fresnillo, Coeur Mining and Agnico Eagle released Q2 2018 reports. ON FINANCING, Silver Bull closed the initial tranche of a financing round, gathering $2.83 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold, SilverCrest, Endeavour Silver, Coeur Mining, Agnico Eagle, Excellon and Minera Alamos updated on exploration efforts to increase the resource base at their properties. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, No relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Mexican Core Shack added images of core from La Cigarra in Chihuahua, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/chihuahua/la-cigarra/0 . The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties located in Chihuahua: Los Gatos, Santa Maria and La Cigarra. New core will be uploaded every week.
- Canasil Resources Inc. released results from one more drill hole at its Esperanza project in Zacatecas. The samples returned 1.92 m (true width, or TW) @ 190 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 1.35% Zn, 0.22% Pb, 0.06% Cu, within 12.20 m @ 68 g/t, 0.11 g/t Au, 1.0 % Zn, 0.17% Pb, 0.07% Cu. This intercept is 225 m below the surface, 50 m below and 25 m by the side of a previous intercept, opening the southeast extension of the La Esperanza vein for additional drilling. “Drilling has traced the La Esperanza vein over a strike distance of 425 metres and to a depth of 350 metres and remains open for expansion both to the northwest and southeast along strike and to depth”.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. published drilling results from the Calicanto, Santa Fe and Misie-Karla veins at the Calicanto property in Zacatecas. Some of the highlighted results comprise: 1.2 m (TW) @ 10.5 g/Au, 42 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 4.39 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.65 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 0.8 m @ 0.26 g/t Au, 498 g/t Ag; 0.9 m @ 7.38 g/t Au, 141 g/t Ag; 2.7 m @ 2.05 g/t Au, 120 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 5.79 g/t Au, 121 g/t Ag; 1.1 m @ 5.54 g/t Au, 269 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 0.30 g/t Au, 589 g/t Ag. The Calicanto property is located close to El Compas mine, potentially providing further growth to the new operation.
- Goldcorp Inc. informed on its exploration efforts in Mexico. At its Santa Rosa project in Zacatecas, 7,624 m of diamond drilling have been completed in the first half of 2018, with 2,121 m in the second quarter. Santa Rosa “is interpreted as a quartz porphyry complex intruding a contemporaneous volcanic pile underlain by Lower Jurassic to Upper Cretaceous carbonate stratigraphy”. Drilling continues “to intersect broad low grade gold mineralization associated with dacitic porphyry dykes as well as high grade skarn style mineralization in adjacent carbonate rocks…”. On June 20, 2018, Minera Frisco, S.A.B. and Goldcorp entered into a JV arrangement to amalgamate 23,300 ha of exploration ground on the Mazapil Valley, with Goldcorp as manager overseen by a technical committee with equal representation. Drilling of the near-mine JV target Santa Cruz was commenced on the second quarter.
- Sable Resources Ltd. Released results from two drill holes on the Margarita vein at its Margarita property in Chihuahua. Results confirm vein strike continuity for at least 500 m to a depth of 50 m from surface. True width of the intervals is estimated to be 90% of the intercept, comprising 4.25 m @ 430 g/t Ag, 0.18% Pb, 0.66% Zn; 8.70 m @ 169 g/t Ag, 0.12% Pb, 0.59% Zn; 4.35 m @ 30 g/t Ag, 1.06% Pb, 0.56% Zn. Systematic drill testing will continue “along the 1.6 km of known extension of the Margarita vein and along the other three veins identified within the property limits”.
- Fresnillo PLC. released second quarter production results for 2018, period during which 234 K Oz Au and 15.34 M Oz Ag were produced. At the Fresnillo mine in Zacatecas 3.8 M Oz Ag, 10,953 Oz Au, 5,052 tonnes Pb, 7,979 tonnes Zn were produced from treating 620.9 K tonnes of ore @ 211 g/t Ag, 0.70 g/t Au, 0.9% Pb, 1.74% Zn. At the Saucito mine in Zacatecas, 5.23 M Oz Ag, 22,908 Oz Au, 5,327 tonnes Pb, 7,549 tonnes Zn were produced by processing 723.3 K tonnes of ore @ 263 g/t Ag, 1.28 g/t Au, 0.86% Pb, 1.64% Zn. At the Ciénega mine in Durango, 16,689 Oz Au, 1.52 M Oz Ag, 1,352 tonnes Pb, 1,231 tonnes Zn were produced by milling 330.9 K tonnes of ore @ 1.65 g/t Au, 166 g/t Ag, 0.67 % Pb, 0.77 % Zn. At San Julián in Chihuahua, production comes from two sources: phase I veins and phase II veins (disseminated). From phase I veins 19,584 Oz Au, 1.26 M Oz Ag, were produced from processing 289.8 K tonnes @ 2.12 g/t Au, 144.6 g/t Ag. From phase II veins (disseminated) 513 Oz Au, 2.27 M Oz Ag, 1,493 tonnes Pb, 5,254 tonnes Zn were produced by treating 540.3 K tonnes of ore @ 0.07 g/t Au, 156.7 g/t Ag, 0.42% Pb, 1.26% Zn. At La Herradura mine in Sonora, 117,886 Oz Au, 363 K Oz Ag were produced by processing 5.6 M tonnes of ore (33.6 M tonnes hauled) @ 0.76 g/t Au, 2.6 g/t Ag. At Nochebuena in Sonora, 45,308 Oz Au, 18 K Oz Ag were produced by treating 4.55 M tonnes of ore (22 M tonnes hauled) @ 0.54 g/t Au, 0.18 g/t Ag
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported second quarter 2018 financial results, including figures from its operations In Mexico. At Palmarejo in Chihuahua, 33,702 Oz Au, 2.07 M Oz Ag were produced by milling 344 .1 K tonnes of ore @ 3.42 g/t Au, 213.4 g/t Ag, with recoveries of 89.9% Au, 87.5% Ag.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. reported second quarter 2018 results, with figures from its Mexican operations. At Pinos Altos in Chihuahua, 603 K tonnes were processed at a rate of 6.626 tpd (tonnes per day) @ 2.43 g/t Au, to produce 43,646 Oz Au at a production cost of $796 per OZ Au. “In 2018, Pinos Altos is transitioning into a predominantly underground mining operation, with associated higher costs”. At La India in Sonora, 1.56 M tonnes of ore were processed at a rate of 17,099 tpd @ 0.65 g/t Au at a total cash cost of $691 per Au Oz. At the satellite operation Creston Mascota 255 K tonnes of ore were processed at a rate of 2,802 tpd @ 0.51 g/t Au to produce 8,716 Oz Au at a total cash cost of $978 per Au Oz.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. closed the initial tranche of its private placement for gross proceeds of $2.83 M. An aggregate cash commission on the initial tranche of $184 K was paid (Sierra Mojada, Coahuila).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Corp. reported results from continued sampling at historical mines on the Changarro zone of its Las Minas property in Veracruz. The Changarro – La Perdida zone is 600 m East of the current resource, extends more than 400 m by 850 m on surface, and contains proximal (garnet-magnetite-sulfide) and distal (jasperoid-magnetite-tremolite-wollastonite) skarn mineralization. Highlighted results include 2 m @ 5.1 g/t Au, 14 g/t Ag; 2 m @ 5.0 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 11.1 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag; 2 m @ 27.3 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag; 2 m @ 16.7 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag; 2 m @ 7.8 g/t Au, 3 g/t Ag.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released drilling results from the drilling of the Babicanora Norte vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Some of the highlighted intercepts (TW) comprise: 2.2 m @ 61.4 g/t Au, 2,833 g/t Ag (including 0.4 m @ 305 g/t Au, 13,889 g/t Ag); 1.4 m @ 1.88 g/t Au, 206 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 2.89 g/t Au, nil Ag; 1.3 m @ 1.50 g/t Au, 176 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 51.43 g/t Au, 2,838 g/t Ag (including 0.4 m @ 153.5 g/t Au, 7,430 g/t Ag); 2.1 m @ 6.54 g/t Au, 795 g/t Ag. Argentite, native silver, chalky white silver oxides, free gold, acanthite and polybasite (Las Chispas is a famous site locality for polybasite crystals) have been identified in the mineralized intervals. The vein has now high-grade intercepts over 900 m of longitude and 75 to 125 m in height. A new unnamed vein between the Babicanora and Babicanora Norte veins has also been identified, returning 0.5 m @ 2.43 g/t Au, 182 g/t Ag; 0.5 m @ 2.80 g/t Au, 198 g/t Ag.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. informed that the El Compas mine in Zacatecas currently has an output of 250 tonnes per day (tpd). The La Plata mill has completed commissioning, and ramp up has taken production to 170 tpd, aiming to end July with a 250 tpd throughput. Management forecasts commercial production will be achieved during the current quarter.
- Coeur Mining Inc. informed that, at its Palmarejo property in Chihuahua, as many as four rigs continued targeting expansion of the Nacion and Zapata resources and definition of the recently-discovered Madero and Rampa veins and the Jacobo and Portales veins. “Up to three rigs focused on capitalized, resource conversion drilling at Independencia and Guadalupe. Both expansion and conversion drilling levels are expected to continue at the current accelerated pace throughout the second half of the year”.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. informed that its Pinos Altos mine in Chihuahua is transitioning into a predominantly underground mining operation with associated higher costs, reason for which the development of satellite deposits is key to the operation. During the Q2 development of the Sinter and Cubiro satellite deposits continued, with Sinter envisaged as an underground an open pit operation and Cubiro as an underground operation with the potential to supply high-grade ore. Other deposit, Reyna de Plata, hosts 110 K Oz Au, 3.9 M Oz Ag (5.8 M tonnes @ 0.59 g/t Au, 21 g/t Ag) at open pit depth, as well as 93 K Oz Au, 1.4 M Oz Ag (1.2 M tonnes @ 2.35 g/t Au, 35 g/t Ag) at underground depth. “There is growth potential down-dip from the 2.5-kilometre-long deposit and along an additional 1.5 kilometres of structure immediately to the east of the deposit”. “Recent results at Madrono are encouraging for the potential of open pit deposits in the Madrono, Santa Martha and Madera veins, as well as significant high gold grades supporting a potential underground mining scenario”.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. disclosed that exploration for satellites deposits to its La India mine in Sonora is focusing ate the El Realito zone, 1.5 Km to the NE. Initial indicated mineral resources of 112 K Oz Au, 643 K Oz Ag (5.0 M tonnes @ 0.70 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag and inferred resources of 18 K Oz Au, 97 K Oz Ag (1.4 M tonnes @ 0.40 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag) have been declared. In here mineralization is associated to steep parallel structural corridors of breccia that brought precious metals into favorable volcanic rock layers. El Realito remains open to the NE and SW.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. acquired the 42,000 ha Santa Gertrudis gold property in Sonora in November 2017. “Three favorable geological trends with a potential strike length of 18 kilometres have been identified on the property with limited drilling between deposits”. To the end of Q2 2018, 9,152 m have been drilled in 54 holes mainly in three zones: Corral, Greta and Cristina (more than 4 km apart from each other). Some of the highlighted results include: At Greta, 9.4 m @ 4.7 g/t Au, 18 g/t Ag; 7.5 m @ 1.1 g/t Au; 9.9 m @ 5.3 g/t Au; 6.8 m @ 0.4 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 4.4 m @ 1.2 m g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag. At Cristina, 69.7 m @ 1.0 g/t Au, 5 g/t Ag; 40.8 m @ 0.9 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag. At Corral, 21.5 m @ 0.9 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag; 7.7 m @ 1.5 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 13.3 m @ 2.1 g/t Au, 9 g/t Ag.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. informed that on the first half of 2018 57 diamond drill holes (19,124 m) were completed at its El Barqueño property in Jalisco. “Approximately 35,000 metres of drilling is expected to be completed in 2018 at the El Barqueno project, with a principal focus on testing new target areas. Exploration expenditures in 2018 are expected to total approximately $9.7 million”.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced an updated mineral resource estimate for the Platosa mine in Durango. The updated resource includes 17,120 m of additional surface and underground drilling completed from August 2016 to March 2018. Indicated resources comprise 485 K tonnes @ 549 g/t Ag, 5.6% Pb, 5.9% Zn, containing 8.56 M Oz Ag, 59.7 M Lb Pb, 62.9 M Lb Zn; inferred resources comprise 13 K tonnes @ 516 g/t Ag, 4.7% Pb, 6.5% Zn, containing 216 K Oz Ag, 1.34 M Lb Pb, 1.86 M Lb Zn. Two diamond rigs are testing near mine targets to the north and west of the mine. At the Jaboncillo target, detailed mapping, surface sampling and an initial 3D induced polarization survey were carried out during the second quarter.
- Minera Alamos Inc. submitted to SEMARNAT (environmental agency) the studies to expand its Santana project operations in Sonora. Granting of the permit will provide the flexibility to go from a bulk mining test to commercial scale once the production decision is made.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Discovery Metals Corp. No relevant news.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, derelict buildings on the Pozos District, Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 29th week of the year (July 16th to July 22th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve informing on exploration results, nine announcing production results, four reporting on resources and developments, three communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium presented geophysical results from its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Colibri reported drill results from its El Pilar project, Minaurum reported exploration results from its Promontorio-Quintera project, San Marco announced exploration results from its Chunibas exploration program, and Millrock and Azure provided an exploration update on their Mexican properties. In Chihuahua, Mammoth Resources announced drill results from its Tenoriba project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported exploration results from its Puerto Rico project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay presented exploration results from its Copalito project. In Durango, Southern Silver announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold reported drill results from its Tabasquena project. In the Estado de México, Impact discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Mexus provided an update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Sierra Metals announced Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines while GoGold reported results from its Parral property. In Sinaloa, Americas Silver presented Q2 results from its Cosala operation. In Durango, Avino reported Q2 results from its Avino mine. In Oaxaca, Fortuna Silver announced Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine. First Majestic presented Q2 2018 results from its Mexican operations in Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Jalisco and Estado de Mexico. In Puebla, Almaden announced an increase of the average mill feed grades for its Ixtaca property. ON FINANCING, Bacanora Minerals dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Candente announced the approval to extend the purchase of 5M of share warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aranzazu filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas and updated the resource estimate. Starcore filed updated 43-101 technical report on its San Martin mine. Capstone filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Gold Resource announced an expansion of its Arista Mine in Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. Silver Spruce executed an offtake agreement for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., presented results from a geophysical survey conducted on its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. Three very large and highly conductive zones were identified by a Volterra TEM in loop survey. Zone 1 is > 100m thick and covers six square km. Zone 2 surrounds Zone 1 and is < 100m thick and covers 24 square km. Zone 3 is estimated to be approximately 200m thick and covers > 30 square km.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, reported RC drilling results from its Pilar project in Sonora. Significant results are 61m of 0.75 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 17.3 g/t Au; 6m of 0.68 g/t Au; 3m of 5.40 g/t Au; and 34.5m of 0.32 g/t Au. The drill results extend the Main Zone´s mineralized envelope to the northwest and southeast by upwards of a total of 145m. It represents an increase of 52% in the length of the Main Zone. Potential is open in both directions of the mineralized zone.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered the extension of the Promontorio-Quintera and Nueva Europa veins at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The Promontorio-Quintera vein was mapped and extends for 1km and is cut-off and down-dropped by a northwest trending fault while the Nueva Europa vein was mapped for over 600m. The extensions have the potential to host virgin mineralization at depth. Surface sampling on Promontorio South vein returned 1.1m of 181 g/t Ag and 1.06% Cu, while at Nueva Europa South vein, a 0.8m long chip rock sample returned 52 g/t Ag and 0.54% Cu, and a dump sample returned 91 g/t Ag and 1% Cu.
- San Marco Resources Inc., identified many new significant Cu-Ag occurrences at its Chunibas property in Sonora; conducted a portable X-ray fluorescence rock analysis on an area of 300m by 1,400m, indicating anomalous to significant copper values, and received assays from ninety six rock chip samples ranging from 0.1% to 1.34% Cu. The company also carried out a saw-cut continuous channel sampling returning 30m of 0.16% Cu and 3 g/t Ag, and 22m of 0.17% Cu and 2 g/t Ag. Now, the mineralized NW-SE corridor is 1.7Km long by 300m wide, and remains open along strike and down dip. San Marco has begun preparations to perform a drill program at its Chunibas property.
- Millrock Resources Inc., provided and exploration update on their Mexican properties in Sonora and San Luis Potosi. In Sonora, at La Navidad project, a 2,900m drilling program has been recently completed to test the El Cobre and the Crossover targets. Complete results are anticipated in early August. At El Picacho project (Orogenic gold), drill targets are emerging from the exploration work conducted in the first half of 2018. The company has authorized a drill program to begin later in the summer. At Batamote, good geological signs of a porphyry copper deposit have been identified and a major company is currently evaluating the property. At Los Cuarenta project (low-sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag), Millrock has acquired an option to purchase a key internal claim called Santa Rosalia. Drilling targets have been developed and drilling permit is in place. In San Luis Potosi, the Guadalcazar project hosts a high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn skarn with good drill intersections and historic mine workings, with potential to expand the known deposit. Millrock has received an offer to form an option agreement.
- Azure Minerals Limited., provided an exploration update on its Sara Alicia and El Alacran properties in Sonora. At the Sara Alicia project, the stage 2 drilling campaign confirmed near-surface, high-grade Au-Co mineralization with maximum grade returning 53.8 g/t Au over 0.90m and 2.82% Co over 0.80m. The best Au interception was 19.6m of 8.6 g/t Au, including 15.3m of 10.6 g/t Au, while the best Co interception was 3.65m of 1.19% Co, including 1.5m of 2.66% Co. At the El Alacran project, the drilling campaign indicated the southern expansion of Loma Bonita epithermal Au-Ag system based on the presence of silicified zones covered by fresh-rock and high-resistivity geophysical anomalies extending to depth. At Cerro Colorado the company geologists identified the presence of porphyry-type alteration and veining with trace copper and molybdenum mineralization, warranting follow-up work. Teck will continue exploring the property with drilling planned to restart in Q3 2018.
- Mammoth Resources Inc., announced drill results from its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Results are from the Masuparia area, in the central portion of the 6 km long trend of gold mineralization on the property. Significant results are 3m of 0.19 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag in hole TEN 17-09 and multiple intersections in hole TEN 17-10 such as 4.5m of 0.42 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; 4.5m of 0.45 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, 22.5m of 0.35 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag, 3m of 1.31 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag, 3m of 0.65 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag, and 24m of 0.31 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag.
- Discovery Metals Inc., reported underground channel sample results from the San Jose mine within its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Assay results represent 140m of workings and were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings. Mineralization is related to mantos, chimneys and faults. Mantos range from 0.5m to 1.5m in width (restricted by dimensions of workings) and are open in all directions laterally along strike and dip. Fourteen samples from mantos returned an average of 229 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 17.6% Zn, and 0.3% Cu. Chimney widths range from 1m to 6m, with the main part of the chimney having a width of 5-6m, while the mineralized faults widths range from 0.4m to 1.4m, and are open along strike and at depth. Thirty three samples from chimneys and faults returned an average grade of 50 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, 4% Zn, and 0.8% Cu. The company is currently carrying out a detail structural study on the entire property to identify controls on mineralization. Additionally, it is planning to conduct a magnetic survey in preparation for drilling later in 2H 2018.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., presented sampling results from its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Copalito is a low-sulphidation epithermal vein system. At least 4 main veins and numerous smaller veins have been identified, with individual veins found to be up to 15m wide and at least 2km long along strike. Eleven samples (5 chips and 6 grabs) on Cobriza vein returned grades from 47 to 2.5 kg/t Ag and 0.03 to 2.7 g/t Au, while twenty two samples on El Pilar vein returned grades from 2 to 166 g/t Ag and 0.04 to 1.05 g/t Au. Mapping and sampling on the La Chiva and Cinco Señores veins in the southern area of Copalito is ongoing. All the results will be used to determine grade distribution along the veins for drill targeting.
- Sothern Silver Exploration Corp., announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango, with the mobilization of a second drill rig. The objective is to drill 2,000m of core to test multiple Ag-Au quartz veins within the recently acquired CLM West claim. Drill targets were identified by mapping and ground geophysics, and a sampling program of over 6000 float and rock chip samples throughout a >10km by 5km N-S corridor underlying the 207 square km CLM West claim package.
- Advance Gold Corp., reported phase 1 drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Significant results are 10.5m of Au-Ag mineralization including 1.7m of 9.46 g/t Au and 37 g/t Ag, 0.55m of 12.65 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag, and 0.55m of 6.31 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag. The company is planning a second phase drill program to test the recently discovered veins and explore for new ones, as well as to follow-up on the high-grade gold intersections.
- Impact Silver Corp., discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine through an underground drill program. Significant results with intersections 100m south of the current levels of the San Ramon mine are 2.04m of 0.23 g/t Au, 661 g/t Ag, 1.28% Pb, and 3.28% Zn; 4.97m of 0.12 g/t Au, 354 g/t Ag, 0.57% Pb and 1.48% Zn; and 1.25m of 0.1 g/t Au, 259 g/t Ag, 0.34% Pb and 1.14% Zn. The zone remains open for further extension vertically above for nearly 300m and to the south.
- Mexus Gold US, provided and update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. VAT leaching test of oxidized sulphide ore reported that 50% of the sulphides remain as encapsulated Au and Ag bearing mineralization, with As, Pb and Zn, making difficult its extraction by simple gravity and/or cyanide leaching, unless they are pretreated via roasting to eliminate the sulphur. “About 80 tons of this oxidized ore was crushed to < 3 inches and put in a steel tank and leached for a period of 25 days. Eight head assay samples were taken averaging 1g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag with one sample showing 30 g/t Au and another sample with 800 g/t Ag. Solution was assayed daily for a week showing recoveries of 1.25% in gold and 13% in silver with a slow increase after a week and large cyanide consumption. The solution was assayed after 3 weeks and turned out to have minimum increase up to 26% in silver and gold remaining the same”.
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar mine, a total of 272K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.15 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu to produce 911 OZ Au, 110K Oz Ag, and 4.7M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 71.81%, 75.53% and 81.33% respectively. At Cusi mine, a total of 46.4K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.16 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.3% Zn, to produce 96 Oz Au, 190K Oz Ag, and 287K Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 39.8% Au, 81.66% Ag, 77.22% Pb and 0% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from its Parral operation in Chihuahua. GoGold processed 447K tonnes of tailings material to produce 164K Oz Ag and 1,630 Oz Au.
- Americas Silver Corporation, announced results from its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. On Q2, 2018, the company milled 139K tonnes of 42 g/t Ag to produce 94K Oz Ag, 2.9M Lb Pb, and 8.7M Lb Zn
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., presented Q2 2018 results from its Avino mine in Durango. The company processed 184.7K tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 70 g/t Ag, and 0.45% Cu to produce 1,734 Oz Au, 323 Oz Ag, and 1.48M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 75%, 81% and 90% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 134K tonnes of 1. 86 g/t Au and 268 g/t Ag to produce 14.4K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91.54% and 91.67% respectively.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q2, 2018 production results from its Mexican operations. At Santa Elena mine in Sonora, a total of 228K tonnes of 2.3 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag were milled to produce 11K Oz Au and 535K Oz Ag. At San Dimas mine in Sinaloa, a total of 85.7K tonnes of 4.3 g/t Au and 307 g/t Ag were processed to produce 11.3K Oz Au and 809K Oz Ag. At La Encantada mine in Chihuahua, a total of 238K tonnes of 83 g/t Ag were processed to produce 23 Oz Au and 325K Oz Ag. At La Parrilla mine in Durango, a total of 123.6K tonnes of 131 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb and 1.5% Zn were milled to produce 235 Oz Au and 361K Oz Ag, 1.6M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn. At Del Toro mine in Zacatecas, a total of 65.8K tonnes of 117 g/t Ag and 2.7% Pb were processed to produce 73 Oz Au, 167.6K Oz Ag, and 2.3M Lb Pb. At San Martin mine in Jalisco, a total of 74.4K tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au and 203 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1,331 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. At La Guitarra mine in Estado de Mexico, a total of 35.7K tonnes of 1.5 g/t Au and 154 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1400 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. Unfortunately, First Majestic announced the temporary suspension of work at its la Guitarra mine scheduled to start on August 1st. It is until economic conditions improve or the property is sold.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., announced an increase of the average feed mill grades of 39% for Au and 47% for Ag from bulk ore sort test for its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Applying the ore sort process, the metallurgical recovery is 88% for Au and 93% for Ag and reduces the environmental footprint over the life of mine by reducing process tailings, water usage and energy requirements and CO2 “The detailed impact of the ore sorting results on the Ixtaca project will be evaluated as part of the ongoing Feasibility Study, which is anticipated to be completed in 2018”.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora, citing “difficult market conditions”.
- Candente Gold Corp., announced the approval to extend the exercise period of 5M of share purchase warrants from August 12, 2018 to August 12, 2020.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. The company also updated the mineral resource and reserve estimates. Measured + indicated resources are 12.5M tonnes of 1.08 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 1.61% Cu for a total of 435K Oz Au, 8M Oz Ag and 444.4M Lb Cu. Proven and probable reserves are 4.6M tonnes of 1.17 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 1.72% Cu, for a total of 174K Oz Au, 2.8M Oz Ag, and 176.4M Lb Cu. (Mineral reserves are inclusive of mineral resources). The orebody consists of seven mineralized domains and has a strike length of 1.5km, width up to 250m and 600m depth. The mineral resource estimate is based on 1,336 holes for a total of 219,586m.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., filed an updated 43-101 technical report for its San Martin mine in Queretaro in which reported mineral resources and reserves as of April 30, 2018. Total proven + probable reserves are 1.65M tonnes of 2.11 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag for a total of 154.4K Oz Au Eq. Total indicated + inferred resources are 1.5M tonnes of 1.94 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 113K Oz Au Eq. The total mineral reserves and resources are 3.1M tonnes of 2.03 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag for a total of 267.3K Oz Au Eq.
- Capstone Mining Corp., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. In this TR, Capstone reported a mineral resource estimate which was announced on the past June 05, 2018.
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced significant drill interceptions of 23.39m @ 2 g/t Au, 200 g/t Ag, 0.58% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 9% Zn, including 1.66m of 8.92g/t Au, 1.3Kg/t Ag, 0.93% Cu, 6.3% Pb and 8.8%Zn, and 9.94m @ 2.16 g/t Au, 95 g/t Ag, 0.82% Cu, 4.1% Pb and 12% Zn, including 3.1m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 177 g/t Ag, 1.01% Cu, 7% Pb, and 14.5% Zn to expands the Switchback´s strike length by approximately 100m, and discovered a new structure in the Arista vein system intercepting 2.08m @ 1.98 g/t Au, 1.6Kg Ag/ton, 0.25% Cu, 1% Pb, and 2.2% Zn, including 0.9m of 3.31 g/t Au, 2.7Kg/t Ag, 0.45% Cu, 2% Pb, and 4.1% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. (Cuale project, Jalisco).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., executed an offtake agreement with IBB International Holdings Limited for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “The Company has agreed to deliver any and all future production from the Pino de Plata project for a period of at least ten years, commencing with the first delivery. The ten-year term of the agreement will automatically extend by successive one-year terms, unless either party expresses written desire o terminate the agreement. The purchase price of the delivered production will be at a three percent (3%) discount to the London Metals Exchange metals pricing on the dates of delivery to the buyer”.
On the picture above, a diatreme breccia in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.