ROAD TOWN, British Virgin Islands, Aug. 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Aura Minerals Inc. (TSX: ORA) (the “Company” or “Aura”) announces results of its geological and exploration activities during the first half of 2019.
TORONTO, Aug. 19, 2019 /CNW/ – Argonaut Gold Inc. (TSX:AR) (the “Company”, “Argonaut Gold” or “Argonaut”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Cormark Securities Inc. (“Cormark”) to act as lead underwriter of a syndicate of underwriters (collectively, the “Underwriters”), pursuant to which the Underwriters shall purchase 1,176,500 common shares that qualify as “flow-through shares” of the Company for the purposes of the Income Tax Act(Canada) (“Flow-Through Common Shares”) at a price of C$3.40 per Flow-Through Common Share, on a “bought deal” private placement basis, for aggregate gross proceeds to the Company of approximately C$4.0 million (the “Offering”).
DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (NYSE: NEM) (TSX: NGT) (formerly known as Newmont Mining Corporation) (Newmont Goldcorp or the Company) announced today that the Company is soliciting consents (the “Consent Solicitation”) from holders (the “Holders”) of its outstanding 5.875% Notes due 2035 (the “Notes”) to effect certain Proposed Amendments (as defined herein) to the indenture governing the Notes (the “Indenture”) upon the terms and subject to the conditions set forth in the Consent Solicitation Statement, dated August 16, 2019 (as amended or supplemented from time to time, the “Consent Solicitation Statement”). The Notes are guaranteed by Newmont USA Limited, a Delaware corporation (“Newmont USA”), and Nevada Gold Mines LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (the “JV Entity”).
CABORCA, Mexico, August 12th, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mexus Gold US (OTCQB: MXSG) (“Mexus” or the “Company) announced that on July 30th the company poured gold at its Santa Elena mine. The pour completed all necessary testing for the mine including mining, crushing, leaching, gold recovery and gold sales with minor adjustments to the flux smelting formula. Mexus is now ready to run at maximum capacity. The company has added additional ore to complete the 4000 ton heap leach pad with a 2.8 gram per ton Au average including material recently assayed. (see link) Leaching is expected to start by August 14th with significant gold recovery to occur by September 1st.
VANCOUVER, Aug. 19, 2019 /CNW/ – SSR Mining Inc. (NASDAQ: SSRM) (TSX: SSRM) (“SSR Mining”) announces that it has completed the previously announced transaction with SilverCrest Metals Inc. (TSXV:SIL) (NYSE American: SILV) (“SilverCrest”) to purchase, on a private placement basis, 780,000 common shares of SilverCrest at a price of C$5.85 per common share for total consideration of C$4,563,000. This transaction was previously announced in SSR Mining’s news release dated July 23, 2019.
VANCOUVER, BC – August 19, 2019 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has closed the private placement with SSR Mining Inc. (“SSR Mining”) previously announced on July 23, 2019 pursuant to which SSR Mining elected to exercise its equity participation right to maintain a 9.9% interest in SilverCrest.
TORONTO, Aug. 16, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Magna Gold Corp. (TSXV: MGR.P) (“Magna” or the “Corporation”), is pleased to announce that further to its press release on May 27, 2019, it has completed the acquisition of the Las Marias Property and Las Cabanas mineral claims (the “Las Marias/Las Cabanas Transaction”). Las Marias Property consists of 7 mining concessions covering 646 hectares adjacent to the Mercedes Property and Las Cabanas consists of 2 claims covering 248 hectares located approximately 10 km south-west of the Mercedes Property in Sonora, Mexico. The total purchase price for the new mineral concessions and other rights was $250,000 and the issuance of 1,000,000 common shares (the “Consideration Shares”) of the Corporation.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirty three week of the year (August 12th to August 18th, 2019), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six announcing financial rounds, five communicating production results, four reporting on resources and development of their projects, three disclosing deals and corporate issues, three informing on exploration results, and two commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexican president, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, declared that current mining concessions won´t be cancelled but no new ones are going to be issued. Fresnillo plc led the 2018 Pb production in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Kootenay released exploration drilling results from its Columba project. In Durango, Gainey advanced the drilling program at its Las Margaritas project. In Zacatecas, Galore provided an update of the drilling program performed at its Dos Santos project in Zacatecas. ON MINING, Americas Silver, Aura Minerals, Impact, Odyssey, and Sierra Metals reported production and financial results from their Mexican mining operations for the period Q2, 2019. ON FINANCING, Defiance, Galore, Impact, Kootenay, SilverCrest, Southern Silver, and Valterra announced financial rounds. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Endeavour reported positive drilling and underground channel sampling results from its Parral project in Chihuahua. Minera Alamos announced commencement of phase 2 drilling at its Santana Au project in Sonora. Premier Gold provided an update of its ongoing drilling program at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Mag Silver provided an update of mine development at its Juanicipio project in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Santacruz and its 50% owned subsidiary company Carrizal Mining entered into an agreement to extend the expiry date of the current Zimapan mine lease agreement located in Hidalgo state. Telson curtailed mining operations at its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero and plans to focus on construction of mine at its Tahuehueto Au project in Durango. Discovery Metals granted stock options to certain officers, directors, employees, and consultants (Puerto Rico project, Coahuila).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexican president, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, declared that current mining concessions won´t be cancelled but no new ones are going to be issued. He said that concessions have not being held for production purposes but rather for financial speculation. He also asked mining companies to take care of the environment and pay salaries to the miners as in USA and Canada. Mining companies remain to be seen if his vow will translate into action since, until now, there is not a detailed legal and regulatory framework.
- Fresnillo plc., led the 2018 Pb production in Mexico. Five companies produced approximately 73% of the 538.3M Lb Pb produced in 2018, with Fresnillo producing 22.1%, followed closely by Newmont-Goldcorp with 22%.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced drill results of the six first holes drilled at its Columba Silver project in Chihuahua. Results have confirmed shallow-high grade Ag mineralization associated to quartz-calcite veins, breccias, and stockworks in five of the six holes. Widths range from 4.8m to 16.5m on the F Vein, and from 1.17 to 1.5m on unknown hanging wall veins in two of the holes. Significant intersections were encountered in hole CDH-19-01 with 93 g/t Ag over 16.5m, including 141 g/t Ag over 9.42m, and including 390 g/t Ag over 1m; hole CDH-19-02 with 104 g/t Ag over 14m and 213 g/t Ag and 0.31 g/t Au over 3.73m, including 328 g/t Ag over 1m, and 332 g/t Ag and 0.55 g/t Au over 0.70m; hole CDH-19-05 with 230 g/t Ag over 4.83m, including 518 g/t Ag over 2m, and including 775 g/t Ag over 1.15m; and hole CDH-19-06 with 133 g/t Ag over 10.45m before entering into a mine stope over 3m wide, including 287 g/t Ag over 1.45m. the hole CDH-19-06 also hit two hanging wall veins with 235 g/t Ag over 1.5m wide, and 267 g/t Ag over 0.87m wide. “Drilling thus far has tested approximately 450 meters of strike in broad spaced fences of holes from depths as shallow as 20 meters to as deep as 150 meters with 5 of 6 holes intercepting the F vein”.
- Gainey Capital Corp., reported that is doing the last activities to prepare the infrastructure required to commence the drilling program at its Las Margaritas project in Durango. The focus now is on repair and constructs 39km of road to facilitate access to and between drill sites. The company will provide further updates as the drilling commences.
- Galore Resources Inc., announced that it has completed four core holes for a total of 1,324m at El Alamo target within its Dos Santos project in Zacatecas. These four holes are part of a 2,500 drilling program. Samples from holes EA-001 and EA-002 were submitted to the lab and results are expected soon. Hole EA-003 was abandoned prior to reaching the target depth due to mechanical issues. “Drill holes have intersected more extensive zones of pyrite mineralization than anticipated, both fresh and oxidized. Pyrite and strongly oxidized zones, normally within brecciated limestone, are of particular interest based on previous sampling of the surface outcrops that were found to contain weakly anomalous gold values to high-grade gold values (high of 20g/t Au) from previous trench sampling”.
- Americas Silver Corporation, reported revenue of $15M and net loss of $8M for the period Q2, 2019. Guidance for 2019 remains unchanged at 1.6-2.0M Oz Ag and 6.6-7.0M Oz AgEq at cash cost of $4.0 to $6.0 per Oz Ag and AISC of $10.0-12.0 per Oz Ag produced. The Company had a cash balance of $6.3M as at June 30, 2019.
- Aura Minerals Inc., announced revenue of USD $50,374,000 for the period Q2, 2019, from which USD $16,828,000 correspond to Cu revenue from its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Total cost of production at Aranzazu was USD $12,915,000, depletion and amortization of USD $1,618,000, gross margin of USD $2,295,000. The company had other expenses for the amount of USD $1,872,000, for a resulting income before taxes of USD $423K.
- Impact Silver Corp., presented Q2, 2019 production and financial results from its Zacualpan mining district in Mexico State. Impact milled 33,616 tonnes of 160 g/t Ag to produce 145.6K Oz Ag. The company reported revenues of $2.8M.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration, announced financial results for Q2, 2019. Odyssey reported a net loss of $2.8M and total revenue of $0.8M (Bay of Ulloa phosphate project, Baja California Sur).
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported Q2, 2019 consolidated production and financial results from their Mexican and Peru operations. The company produced 9.7M Lb Cu, 0.8M Oz Ag, 16.6M Lb Zn, 8.1m Lb Pb, and 2,540 Oz Au. Cash cost per Lb CuEq payable Lb was USD $1.51 and an AISC of USD $2.55, while at its Cusi mine, the cash cost per Oz AgEq produced was USD $16.49 and an AISC of USD $25.67. Sierra Metals announced an adjusted EBIDTA of USD $126M, and an operating cash flow of USD $12.8M.
- Defiance Silver Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement in the amount of $3,323,106. Gross proceeds will be used to continue an aggressive exploration program at its San Acacio Silver project in Zacatecas. It exploration program will be focused on drilling the new Ag shoots along the Veta Grande vein, the recently defined Ag-Cu geophysical anomaly, and further resource expansion.
- Galore Resources Inc., announced that is continuing its effort to implement a non-brokered private placement to raise up to USD $1.5M. Net proceeds of the non-brokered private placement will be used for continued drilling of the El Alamo claim, drilling at the Los Gemelos claim (Dos Santos project in Zacatecas) and for general working capital.
- Impact Silver Corp., completed its second series of the third and final tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $554.2K. Net proceeds will be used for greenfield exploration on its large ground package in Zacualpan Silver mining district, Mexico State, and projects such as San Ramon Deep extension, Manto America, and Santa Teresa.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $5M. Net proceeds of the private placement will be used to advance exploration of the Columba Ag project in Chihuahua, potentially adding a further drill rig to expedite the current drill program, and to fund further work at Copalito, Sinaloa, La Cigarra, Chihuahua, and other projects as well as for general working capital purposes.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., completed its prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $25.3M. The company also announced that SSR Mining Inc., purchase SilverCrest stock in a separate non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $4.6M. The company plans to use the net proceeds to continue exploration and advancement of its Las Chispas project in Sonora to feasibility level, and for working capital purposes.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $3.1M. At final closing, due to increased interest in the offering, the company plans to close on an oversubscribed amount to a maximum of 22.5M units for gross proceeds of $4.5M. Net proceeds will be used to continue the 2019-20 exploration programs on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango.
- Valterra Resource Corporation, extended 30 days the closing of its equity financing. The offering is for $375K with an over-allotment option to increase it by up to 10%. Net proceeds from the private placement may be used in part to fund costs associated with initial exploration programs for the Los Reyes Au-Cu project in Chihuahua.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported positive exploration drilling results from its Parral project in Chihuahua. The company completed 15 surface and underground drill holes totaling 3,160m, and 462 underground channel samples in 3 blocks in the Sierra Plata mine on the Veta Colorada vein system. Significant drill intersections are in hole VCS-02 with 346 g/t Ag over 9.6m true width (TW), including 784 g/t Ag over 0.50m TW in the hanging wall of Veta Colorada, and 283 g/t Ag over 5m TW, including 975 g/t Ag over 0.5m TW in Veta Colorada; hole VCU-03 with 326 g/t Ag over 8.2m TW, including 727 g/t Ag over 0.3m TW in Veta Colorada; hole VCU-04 with 253 g/t Ag over 7.7m TW, including 1,200 g/t Ag over 0.4m TW; and hole VCU-05 with 332 g/t Ag over 13.1m TW, including 3,770 g/t Ag over 0.2m TW. Channel sampling highlights include 2 samples exceeding 1,000 g/t Ag such as 1,705 g/t Ag over 0.55m TW, and 1,480 g/t Ag over 0.95m TW. The rest of the sampling results vary between 509 and 911 g/t Ag in widths ranging from 0.3 and 1.50m. The full width of the vein is not exposed so the sampling is partially indicative of the Ag mineralization.
- Minera Alamos Inc., announced the commencement of phase 2 drilling at its Santana Au project in Sonora. The goal is to expand resources at the main Nicho deposit as well as follow-up drilling on several new discoveries made during Phase 1 work in late 2018.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited., provided and update of its ongoing drilling program at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company has confirmed two high-grade zones: the Lupita extension, and the newly discovered San Martin target area. Significant drill interceptions were encountered in hole L19-422D at the San Martin area with 14.02 g/t Au and 136 g/t Ag over 2.9m; hole L19-414D at the Lupita area with 8.41 g/t Au and 68 g/t Ag over 3.9m, including 16.2 g/t Au and 92 g/t Ag over 1.4m; hole L19-414D with 4.57 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag over 4.5m; and hole UG-RDO19-40 at Rey de Oro area with 18.15 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag over 2.3m.
- Mag Silver Corp., and its JV partner Fresnillo plc, provided and update of mine development at its Juanicipio project in Zacatecas. The company reported that underground development continues and is now approaching 22km to date, “with the current emphasis on: developing the three internal spiral footwall ramps at depth along the full strike length of the Valdecañas Vein system; constructing the underground crushing chamber; advancing the conveyor ramp from both ends to and from the planned mill site (with the box cut for the underground conveyor exit portal now complete); integrating additional ventilation and other associated underground infrastructure, and starting of the internal shaft sinking (head chamber for the shaft has been excavated and winding equipment ordered)”. Progress at Juanicipio has been rapid with multiple engineering milestones delivered, and construction on track for H2, 2020 commissioning target according to the operator Fresnillo. The mill-site preparation is underway and the construction of surface infrastructure facilities continues.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., and its 50% subsidiary company Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V., entered into an agreement with Minera Cedros S.A. de C.V., (a wholly-own subsidiary of Grupo Peñoles, S.A.B. de C.V.), to extend the expiry date of the Zimapan mine lease agreement, located in Hidalgo state. “Carrizal must make monthly payments to Minera Cedros based on 4% NSR from the concentrates produced by the Zimapan mine for each respective month, subject to the minimum payment each month being USD $45K and the maximum payment being USD $60K”.
- Telson Mining Corporation, curtailed indefinitely mining operations at its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero and placed the mine into care and maintenance. The decision was taken since the company is concerned about certain activities in the vicinity of Campo Morado that put at risk the health and welfare of its workforce. The company plans to focus on construction of mine at its Tahuehueto Au project in Durango.
- Discovery Metals Corp., granted stock options to certain officers, directors, employees, and consultants (Puerto Rico project, Coahuila).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a diatreme breccia in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
August 16, 2019, Toronto, Ontario – Discovery Metals Corp. (TSX-V: DSV) (“Discovery” or the “Company”) announces that it has granted to certain officers, directors, employees and/or consultants of the Company an aggregate of 5,300,000 options to acquire common shares of the Company (“Options”).
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – August 12, 2019) – Valterra Resource Corporation (TSXV: VQA) (OTCQB:VRSCF) (“Valterra” or the “Company”) reported today that the Company has received approval from the TSX Venture Exchange to extend the closing date by 30 days from the date of this news release.