By Jorge Cirett
During the 15th week of the year (April 11th to April 17th, 2022), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, nine companies posted exploration advances on their properties, six released first quarter 2022 reports, one updated on project work, six reported drill results on their advanced properties and one signed an exploitation agreement on a small scale mine. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico’s president Andrés M. López Obrador warned he will change the mining law to make a government’s monopoly on lithium, if his Energy bill is not approved. According to Miner Deck, three of the top ten gold intercepts on the second week of April were drilled by companies working in Mexico. Six of the top ten silver intercepts were by companies in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Tocvan Ventures provided drill results on the Pilar project; Infinitum Copper released trench results at La Adelita; Silver Spruce had the preventive report approved for drilling at Diamante; Reyna Gold started drilling at La Gloria; Aztec Minerals finished the phase 2 RC drill campaign at Cervantes. In Chihuahua, Reyna Silver released drill results from Batopilas. In Nayarit, Sierra Madre Gold and Silver released drilling results from Tepic. In Guerrero, Pantera Silver reported drill results from Nuevo Taxco. In Zacatecas, Defiance Silver completed drilling at the Lucita prospect in its Zacatecas Silver project. ON MINING, Endeavour Silver, Fortuna Silver, Avino Silver, Golden Minerals, Great Panther and Torex Gold released first quarter 2022 reports. ON FINANCING, No Relevant News. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Prime Mining released drill results from Los Reyes, in Sinaloa. Silver Tiger Metals provided drilling results for El Tigre, in Sonora. Silverton Metals released RC drilling results from Peñasco Quemado, in Sonora. Vizsla Silver reported drilling results from the Animas vein corridor at Panuco, in Sinaloa. Endeavour Silver informed on drill results from the El Curso property at its Guanaceví mine in Durango. Fabled Silver Gold is planning phase 2 drilling at Santa Maria, in Chihuahua. SilverCrest Metals announced drill results from Picacho, in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Galore Resources entered into an exploitation agreement with Oztoc Metal Corp for mining at the Duraznillo mine in Zacatecas. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico’s president Andrés M. López Obrador, warned that, “if Congress does not approve a constitutional reform on electrical matters next week….. he will push for a rewrite of the country’s Mining Law”. He stated that modifying the Mining Law requires simple majority (which he has), “to make lithium a mineral that belongs to the nation, to the Mexicans”.
- According to Miner Deck, three of the top ten gold intercepts on the second week of April were from companies working in Mexico: Prime Mining (fifth) with 4.23 m @ 52.08 gpt Au at Los Reyes, in Sinaloa; Tocvan Ventures (eighth) with 116.9 m @ 1.2 gpt Au at Pilar, in Sonora, and Silver Crest Metals (tenth) with 4.7 m @ 20.86 gpt Au at Picacho, in Sonora.
- According to Miner Deck, six of the top ten silver intercepts on the second week of April were by companies in Mexico: Endeavour Silver (third) with 7.46 m @ 2,067 gpt Ag at Guanaceví, in Durango; Prime Mining (fourth) with 4.3 m @ 1,008 gpt Ag at Los Reyes in Sinaloa; Defiance Silver (sixth) with 3.33 m @ 709 gpt Ag, Vizsla Silver (seventh) with 2.4 m @ 959 gpt Ag at Panuco, in Sinaloa; Silver Tiger Metals (nineth) with 23.8 m @ 95 gpt Ag at El Tigre in Sonora; Sierra Madre Gold and Silver (tenth) with 2.55 m @ 878 gpt Ag at Tepic.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. announced the approval by SEMARNAT (Environmental authority) of the preventive report for drilling at the 1,057 ha Diamante property in Sonora. The program envisages 2,000 m of reverse circulation drilling starting in May, on the La Prieta, Aguaje, El Chon, El Chon Oeste, La Olla, Calton, El Cumbro, and Mezquite-Raizudo targets.
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd. released results from seven drill holes of the phase II drilling program at the Tepic project in Nayarit. “Four of the holes are up-dip extensions from the previously defined historic resource area while three are strike extensions”. Highlighted core-length intercepts comprise 7.05 m @ 125 gpt Ag, 0.90 gpt Au; 3.2 m @ 194 gpt Ag, 1.36 gpt Au; 12.1 m @ 146 gpt Ag, 0.64 gpt Au (including 1.5 m @ 489 gpt Ag, 0.77 gpt Au); 2.25 m @ 48 gpt Ag, 0.90 gpt Au; 1.5 m @ 7 gpt Ag, 1.89 gpt Au; 4.6 m @ 156 gpt Ag, 1.20 gpt Au; 4.8 m @ 106 gpt Ag, 1.48 gpt Au; 2.55 m @ 878 gpt Ag, 3.04 gpt Au; 1.05 m @ 11 gpt Ag, 2.66 gpt Au. True widths estimated at 90% of core-length intervals.
- Reyna Gold Corp. reported channel and dump sample results from the Sombrero target at its La Gloria property in Sonora. Highlighted results comprise 8.68 gpt Au, 0.56% Cu, 64 gpt Ag, 0.4% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 8.17 gpt Au, 0.34% Cu, 49 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb; 2.84 gpt Au, 0.17% Cu, 36 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.2% Zn. “Reyna has started drilling at El Sombrero and expanded the number of planned holes from an initial 10 to now 22 holes in the El Sombrero target as part of its ongoing 10,000-meter drill program, which now comprises of a total of 36 holes”.
- Pantera Silver Corp. reported initial drill results from the Nuevo Taxco project in Guerrero. Highlighted true width (tw) results comprise 0.55 m @ 98 gpt Ag; 1.15 m @ 0.10 gpt Au, 48 gpt Ag; 1.6 m @ 98 gpt Ag; 1.3 m @ 96 gpt Ag; 0.8 m @ 82 gpt Ag; 1.85 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 225 gpt Ag on the Negrilla vein and 5.05 m @ 0.30 gpt Au, 108 gpt Ag; 1.75 m @ 0.42 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag; 1.00 m @ 0.41 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag; 0.86 m @ 1.86 gpt Au, 35 gpt Ag; 1.25 m @ 0.51 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag; 4.29 m @ 0.78 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag on the Creston de Maria vein. This drilling campaign tested 630 m along strike on two veins of 21 in the property, with a combined longitude of more than 11 km.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. announced results from one core hole at its Pilar property in Sonora. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 116.85 m @ 1.19 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag (including 48.05 m @ 2.81 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag, which includes 10.20 m @ 12.04 gpt Au, 23 gpt Ag). This core hole is a twin form a reverse circulation hole that returned 94.6 m @ 1.6 gpt Au. Nine holes totalling 1,562 m have been completed of phase III drilling.
- Reyna Silver Corp. released results from 19 holes totalling 7,964 m of its 10,000 m stage 1 drill program at Batopilas, in Chihuahua. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 9.35 m @ 3.38 gpt Au (including 3.65 m @ 8.18 gpt Au, which includes 1.65 m @ 12.75 gpt Au); 1.45 m @ 6.87 gpt Au (including 0.35 m @ 18.95 gpt Au); 5.40 m @ 5.68 gpt Au (including 3.65 m @ 8.18 gpt Au); 0.75 m @ 9.55 gpt Au; 1.8 m @ 4.06 gpt Au. Reyna Silver is doing more exploration work to define the extent of gold rich versus silver rich mineralization, and their relationship.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. and JV partner Kootenay finished the phase 2 reverse circulation program with 26 holes totaling 4,649 m at Cervantes, in Sonora. Highlighted hole length intervals comprise 88.41 m @ 1.10 gpt Au (including 15.24 m @ 3.96 gpt Au); 108.2 m @ 0.37 gpt Au; 45.7 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 167.20 m @ 1.00 gpt Au, (including 24.4 m @ 4.25 gpt Au); 136.8 m @ 1.49 gpt Au (including 51.68 m @ 3.42 gpt Au); 100.32 m @ 0.75 gpt Au; 12.2 m @ 0.92 gpt Au; 7.6 m @ 0.68 gpt Au; 54.72 m @ 0.88 gpt Au; 7.6 m @ 0.74 gpt Au; 86.64 m @ 0.50 gpt Au; 138.32 m @ 0.53 gpt Au; 132.2 m @ 0.43 gpt Au; 9.1 m @ 0.46 gpt Au; 152.4 m @ 0.97 gpt Au (including 33.5 m @ 2.05 gpt Au); 54.9 m @ 0.48 gpt Au. The focus of the program was to “better define the open pit, heap leach gold potential of the porphyry oxide cap at California, evaluate the potential for deeper copper-gold porphyry sulfide mineralization underlying the oxide cap, test for north and west extensions of the California mineralization at California North and Jasper, and assess the breccia potential of Purisima East”.
- Infinitum Copper Corp. released trenching results from La Adelita project in Sonora-Sinaloa. Trench 2 returned a true thickness of 9.15 m @ 16.45 gpt Au, 1.90% Cu, 3 gpt Ag. Three magneto-telluric lines have been completed at Las Trancas, with interpreted results pending. Surface samples from Andalucia and Cerro Potreritos have returned up to 5.49 gpt Au, 1.34% Cu, 139 gpt Ag. “Additional surface sampling at Pericos confirmed the presence of skarn mineralization on the west limb of the Cerro Grande anticline, 800 m to the west of the Cerro Grande zone” with samples up to 1.38% Cu, 77 gpt Ag, 1.31 gpt Au.
- Defiance Silver Corp. informed in the completed 4,750 m drill program at the 2,674 ha Lucita property, on Defiance’s Zacatecas project in Zacatecas. This is the first drilling in the central Lucita asset currently under option from Pan American Silver Corp.. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 3.33 m @ 0.06 gpt Au, 709 gpt Ag (including 1.15 m @ 0.11 gpt Au, 1,604 gpt Ag); 0.94 m @ 0.11 gpt Au, 107 gpt Ag; 2.73 m @ 0.16 gpt Au, 102 gpt Ag; 3.48 m @ 514 gpt Ag (including 1.9 m @ 940 gpt Ag); 1.05 m @ 0.19 gpt Au, 317 gpt Ag; 4.09 m @ 0.10 gpt Au, 137 gpt Ag (including 0.6 m @ 0.28 gpt Au, 618 gpt Ag); 1.51 m @ 0.76 gpt Au, 192 gpt Ag. “The dominant silver mineralization consists of pyrargyrite-proustite, acanthite, and argentite hosted in polyphase quartz and calcite veins, breccias, and stockwork veinlet zones”.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported first quarter 2022 production. At Guanceví, in Durango, 101.2 K tonnes were produced at 1,125 tonnes per day (tpd) grading 407 gpt Ag, 1.19 gpt Au, recovering 85.6% Ag, 89.8% Au to produce 1.13 M Oz Ag, 3,477 Oz Au. At Bolañitos, in Guanajuato, 104.9 K tonnes were produced @ 61 gpt Ag, 1.73 gpt Au, recovering 85.9% Ag, 89.6% Au to produce 181.1 K Oz Ag, 5,218 Oz Au.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. released production results for the first quarter 2022, including figures from its operations in Mexico. In San Jose, in Oaxaca, 250.9 K tonnes were milled at a rate of 2,918 tpd, grading 185 gpt Ag, 1.13 gpt Au, recovering 91% Ag, 90% Au to recover 1.36 M Oz Ag, 8,239 Oz Au.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. reported first quarter 2022 production results. At Avino, in Durango, 111.1 K tonnes were milled, averaging 50 gpt Ag, 0.29 gpt Au, 0.56% Cu, recovering 92% Ag, 77% Au, 89% Cu, to produce 164.4 K Oz Ag, 801 Oz Au, 1.22 M Lb Cu (457.8 K Oz AgEq). During the quarter the acquisition of La Preciosa project was completed, and drill results from La Potosina of up to 2.95 m @ 668 gpt AgEq were released. “Avino is completing its conversion to dry stack tailings”.
- Golden Minerals Co. reported production for the first quarter 2022. At Rodeo, in Durango, 203.6 K tonnes were mined, 10.9 K tonnes stockpiled awaiting process, 88.6 K tonnes in low grade stockpiles 47.4 K tonnes processed at a rate of 527 tpd, grading 3.1 gpt Au, 11.6 gpt Ag, recovering 75.4% Au, 82.8% Ag, to produce 3,608 Oz Au, 13.9 K Oz Ag (3,787 Oz AuEq).
- Great Panther Mining Ltd. reported production first quarter 2022 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Topia, in Durango, 16.3 K tonnes were mined, 16.2 K tonnes milled, averaging 362 gpt Ag, 0.84 gpt Au, recovering 92% Ag, 64% Au, to produce 173.7 K Oz Ag, 282 Oz Au, 365 tonnes Pb, 525 tonnes Zn (3,876 Oz Au Eq). The Guanajuato Mine Complex is currently in care and maintenance, while waiting for the CONAGUA (water use authority) tailings dam permit.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. released production results for Q1 2022. At its Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero, 12,600 tpd were processed, 1,260 tpd mined from underground, 11,780 tpd mined by open pit, to produce 112,440 Oz Au during the period.
- No Relevant News.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Mining Corp. released drill results for 26 holes at its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. A second high-grade ore shoot and the deepest mineralization to date was identified in Guadalupe East, with bonanza-grades found in 550 m step out from the inferred open pit boundary. True width highlighted results comprise 4.0 m @ 52.0 gpt Au, 1,008 gpt Ag; 0.6 m @ 7.62 gpt Au, 1,970 gpt Ag; 18.3 m @ 1.38 gpt Au, 39 gpt Ag; 14.1 m @ 1.12 gpt Au, 38 gpt Ag; 2.5 m @ 4.09 gpt Au, 103 gpt Ag; 7.5 m @ 1.47 gpt Au, 40 gpt Ag; 1.9 m @ 3.72 gpt Au, 370 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 1.57 gpt Au; 0.6 m @ 1.19 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag; 2.8 m @ 1.38 gpt Au, 63 gpt Ag.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc. provided drilling results from its El Tigre project in Sonora. The seven drill holes targeted down dip under El Tigre historic workings at the North end, highlighted core-length intervals comprise 27.8 m @ 0.08 gpt Au, 18 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 158 gpt Ag; 26 m @ 0.06 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag; 2.1 m @ 0.23 gpt Au, 250 gpt Ag; 10.2 m @ 1.63 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag (including 1.5 m @ 10.7 gpt Au, 23 gpt Ag); 1.2 m @ 0.04 gpt Au, 104 gpt Ag; 0.5 m @ 1.69 gpt Au, 101 gpt Ag; 23.8 m @ 0.19 gpt Au, 95 gpt Ag (including 2.3 m @ 0.94 gpt Au, 542 gpt Ag); 0.5 m @ 2.21 gpt Au, 1,200 gpt Ag. Underground rehabilitation is progressing at the historic El Tigre mine, with 215 m completed to date.
- Silverton Metals Corp. released results from its step-out reverse circulation drilling at Peñasco Quemado, in Sonora. Highlighted hole-length intervals comprise 6.75 m @ 0.10 gpt Au, 46 gpt Ag; 1.00 m @ 75 gpt Ag, 0.37% Cu; 0.97 m @ 69 gpt Ag, 0.42% Cu; 5.10 m @ 27 gpt Ag; 11.30 m @ 54 gpt Ag (including 0.95 m @ 438 gpt Ag, 0.62% Cu); 3.74 m @ 47 gpt Ag; 11.85 m @ 17 gpt Ag; 19.70 m @ 27 gpt Ag; 5.30 m @ 46 gpt Ag; 54.10 m @ 23 gpt Ag; 6.45 m @ 73 gpt Ag; 7.45 m @ 26 gpt Ag; 10.30 m @ 31 gpt Ag; 5.60 m @ 42 gpt Ag. A total of 2,105 meters were drilled in nine holes.
- Vizsla Silver Corp. reported results for 19 holes targeting the Animas vein corridor at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width intercepts comprise 5.84 m @ 39 gpt Ag, 0.48 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 1.9% Zn; 3.09 m @ 84 gpt Ag, 1.30 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 5.25 m @ 85 gpt Ag, 0.50 gpt Au; 1.14 m @ 121 gpt Ag, 2.21 gpt Au, 1.9% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 4.71 m @ 391 gpt Ag, 2.23 gpt Au, 1.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 7.13 m @ 39 gpt Ag, 1.16 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.8% Zn; 4.62 m @ 29 gpt Ag, 1.24 gpt Au, 0.2% Zn; 1.10 m @ 195 gpt Ag, 1.17 gpt Au; 5.66 m @ 124 gpt Ag, 0.98 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 1.14 m @ 312 gpt Ag, 1.23 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 1.00 m @ 622 gpt Ag, 2.75 gpt Au; 1.26 m @ 787 gpt Ag, 3.65 gpt Au, 0.2% Zn. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 2.40 m @ 959 gpt Ag, 5.97 gpt Au; 2.10 m @ 486 gpt Ag, 2.68 gpt Au; 0.95 m @ 113 gpt Ag, 4.85 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.3% Zn.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. informed on high-grade underground drill results from El Curso property at its Guanceví mine in Durango. Highlighted true width results from the underground program comprise 2.09 m @ 0.92 gpt Au, 296 gpt Ag; 4.22 m @ 0.93 gpt Au, 428 gpt Ag; 7.26 m @ 0.84 gpt Au, 324 gpt Ag; 7.23 m @ 0.63 gpt Au, 323 gpt Ag; 1.34 m @ 1.30 gpt Au, 498 gpt Ag; 4.18 m @ 2.63 gpt Au, 857 gpt Ag; 7.46 m @ 5.83 gpt Au, 2,067 gpt Ag (including 0.47 m @ 56.50 gpt Au, 22,562 gpt Ag); 7.57 m @ 1.89 gpt Au, 975 gpt Ag; 6.26 m @ 0.60 gpt Au, 354 gpt Ag; 1.80 m @ 1.33 gpt Au, 814 gpt Ag; 13.12 m @ 0.74 gpt Au, 214 gpt Ag; 7.99 m @ 1.52 gpt Au, 262 gpt Ag; 1.87 m @ 2.36 gpt Au, 807 gpt Ag. El Curso property, covers the Santa Cruz vein “between Endeavour’s previously mined Porvenir Cuatro orebody and the Milache orebody currently being mined”.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp. is currently planning the phase 2 diamond drill program at Santa Maria, in Chihuahua. The Santa Maria veins were found in phase 1 drilling to be “mineralized breccias at the contacts or within diorite dikes”, which has led to the definition of five mineral/structural trends to pursue.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced results from drilling at El Picacho property in Sonora. This release covers 56,780 m in 247 holes (of a total to date of 68,200 m in 289 holes by SilverCrest). The focus of this campaign was to redefine and expand the Picacho Main vein historical resource of 364.4 K tonnes @ 8.54 gpt Au, 40 gpt Ag, containing 100 K Oz Au, 473 K Oz Ag defined in 2010 with only 14 holes and underground workings. The Picacho Main vein is 550 m long, 300 min depth, with an estimated true width of 2.4 m @ 5.42 gpt Au, 24 gpt Ag (Best tw intercept: 3.7 m @ 20.86 gpt Au, 73 gpt Ag); The Picacho Hanging Wall vein is 500 m long, 200 m in depth, 1.5 m in width @ 4.38 gpt Au, 38 gpt Ag (Best tw intercept: 1.3 m @ 42.3 gpt Au, 542 gpt Ag); The Picacho Hanging Wall 2 vein is 200 m long, 135 m in depth, 0.8 m in width @ 6.32 gpt Au, 46 gpt Ag (Best tw intercept: 2.8 m @ 11.9 gpt Au, 21 gpt Ag); The Picacho Hanging Wall 3 vein is 80 m long, 100 m in depth, 0.5 m in width @ 8.7 gpt Au, 450 gpt Ag (Best tw intercept: 0.8 m @ 10.71 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag); The Picacho Footwall vein is 100 m long, 175 m in depth, 1.3 m in width @ 9.45 gpt Au, 16.1 gpt Ag (Best tw intercept: 1.7 m @ 37.09 gpt Au, 32 gpt Ag).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Galore Resources Inc. entered into an exploitation agreement between Oztoc Metal Corp. S. de R.L. de C.V. to reengage the mining activities that the previous tenant, URBYASA was conducting at the Duraznillo ranch in Zacatecas. The five-year contract includes the Los Gemelos I and Duende 7 mining concessions. Galore will receive 30% of gross revenues and OZTOC is to keep 70% for development, production and profit from the Duraznillo mine.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No Relevant News.
On the image below: Banded quartz-barite vein in the Sonoran desert. Picture by Jorge Cirett.