April 9, 2019 – Bridgewater, NS – (TSXV:SSE)(Frankfort-S6Q1) – Silver Spruce Resources Inc. (“Silver Spruce” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that its ongoing field exploration work continues to expand the known mineralized areas and has identified additional drill targets for its upcoming program at the Pino de Plata project in western Chihuahua State, Mexico.
Banded quartz epithermal vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 37th week of the year (September 10th to September 16th, 2018), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with ten informing on exploration results, six reporting on resources and developments, four communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing production results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Riverside and Kootenay announced exploration results from its Cecilia and La Mina projects respectively. In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold began preparations to drill test its Cerro Cascaron project and Sable Resources released drilling results from its Margarita project. In Sinaloa, Auxico reported sampling results from its Zamora project In Durango, Gainey announced a 1st phase of exploration at its Las Margaritas project, Orex commenced fieldwork exploration on its San Luis del Cordero project, and Prospero reported drilling results from its Buenavista project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold started a phase 2 drilling program at its Tabasquena project. In Jalisco, Evrim announced trench and soil results from its Cuale project. ON MINING, Starcore reported Q1 2018 results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. US Antimony announced plans to increase its production of Sb, Au and Ag in Mexico. ON FINANCING, no relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, In Sonora, SilverCrest and Premier Gold released drilling results from its Las Chispas and Mercedes projects respectively. Aura provided an update at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Candelaria announced a PEA for its Pinos Gold project in Zacatecas. McEwen reported that hopes to add 12 years of mine life at its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim and First Majestic agreed to exercise the Ermitaño and Cumobabi option agreements in Sonora. New Gold announced the appointment of its new President and CEO (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi). Levon announced results from its annual general meeting (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Vangold withdrew its submission to acquire the San Carlos property in Guanajuato (El Pinguico mine, Guanajuato).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed 11 N-S lines for soil sampling which returned strong multi-elements anomalies with Au, Pb, Cu, and other key elements. These results along with previous exploration work have outlined four new target areas on its Cecilia project in Sonora. Target 1 is a 4km long by 300m wide target where previous rock sampling has found up to 2 g/t Au in silicified conglomerates , but the soil anomaly is open in both directions beyond the 4 Km and more than 800m wide. Target 2 is a NE trending Ag, Pb, Au, Zn, Sb, Hg and Cu soil anomaly over 2km long and 600m wide in rock cracks with faults and host veining displaying a series of NW striking feeder dikes. Target 3 is a 1km long by 500m wide Au-Zn with minor Ag, Cu, Pb and Bi soil anomaly associated to a N-S trending fault system intersecting Paleozoic limestones. This target is also along the border edge of a magnetic high reported in a regional government geophysics survey likely associated with Pre Cambrian granitic basement. Target 4 contains “high-grade gold samples in soils and alteration with jasperoid, silicification, and carbonate veining of the Paleozoic limestone that gives a potential limestone hosted Au with anomalous soil assays of Zn, Pb, Ag and Mn”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., announced that its partner Capstone Mining Corp., has commenced an exploration program on its la Mina project in Sonora. The exploration program will consists of detailed mapping and rock chip / stream sediment sampling to generate potential drill targets.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, reported that Evrim Resources, its JV partner and operator on its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua, has mobilized an advance team to the site to start preparations to drill test the property. The drill program, expected to commence at the end of September, will consist of 3,000 m to test the Cascaron Gold targets and the Cascarita Silver targets.
- Sable Resources, released drilling results from its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Significant intersections are from hole M-DDH-18-09 with 6.5m of 111 g/t Ag Eq, including 3.5m of 153 g/t Ag; hole M-DDH-18-11 with 11.3m of 252 g/t Ag Eq, including 1.3m of 889 g/t Ag Eq; hole M-DDH-18-12 with 12.7m of 98 g/t Ag Eq, including 1.8m of 244 g/t Ag Eq. Additionally, Sable identified a low-grade stockwork style of mineralization evident in numerous holes. The most significant results are hole M-DDH-18-03 with 44.13m of 50 g/t Ag Eq, including 6.95m of 142 g/t Ag Eq; hole M-DDH-18-07 with 7.6m of 54 g/t Ag Eq, and hole M-DDH-18-12 with 21.35m of 37 g/t Ag Eq. “With the first stage of drilling now complete we will evaluate our results and formulate a plan for stage 2 drilling targeting further extensions of Margarita and the other adjacent parallel veins”.
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., reported high-grade sampling results from its Zamora project in Sinaloa. Significant results are 0.80m of 4Kg Ag and 29.2 g/t Au at La Franca claim, 600m southwest of the Campanillas mine along a structure that can be followed by at least 600m along strike. Mineralization consists of breccia-stockwork veining containing galena, sphalerite and possible silver sulphosalts, malachite and chalcopyrite. Other significant results are from Aguamas area where some channel samples returned 0.65m of 6.38 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag; 0.70m of 14.7 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag; 0.50m of 3.55 g/t Au and 108.7 g/t Ag; and 1.60m of 6.64 g/t Au and 220 g/t Ag.
- Gainey Capital Corp., announced a phase 1 exploration program on its Las Margaritas project in Durango. Las Margaritas is a mineralized vein system that extends at least 1.5Km along strike and averages 1-2m in width. The 1st phase exploration program will consists of detailed mapping and sampling with the objective to identify prospective areas to generate the best drill targets.
- Orex Minerals Inc., commenced an exploration program on its San Luis del Cordero project in Durango, where the company has an option to acquire 100% interest in the property from Exploraciones del Altiplano S.A. de C.V. Mineralization at San Luis del Cordero is characterized by skarn and epithermal vein Ag-Cu-Zn as a result of Tertiary-quartz-feldspar-porphyry intrusions affecting Jurassic and Cretaceous limestones, calcareous sandstones and shales. The project has seen several phases of exploration from different mining companies, including 16,400m drilled in 62 holes in the period 2000-2016. The property contains indicated resources of 662.6K tonnes of 121 g/t Ag, 0.78 % Cu and 1.1 % Zn for a total of 5.1M Oz Ag Eq, and inferred resources of 2, 785,300 tonnes of 144 g/t Ag, 0.75 % Cu and 1.45 % Zn, for a total of 24.4 M Oz Ag Eq.
- Prospero Silver Corp., reported core drilling results from eleven holes totaling 2, 811m drilled at its Buenavista project in Durango. Mineralization drilled-tested at Buenavista consists of structurally controlled epithermal veins centered on a rhyolite dome complex. “All holes cut anomalous silver mineralization, with a best interval of 1.6m @ 353g/t Ag from 185.6m downhole, within a broader interval of 49m @ 43g/t Ag in hole BVF-18-05”.
- Advance Gold Corp., started a second phase drilling program at its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas to test the La Tabasquena epithermal vein at a depth of 1,800m. Phase 2 will test below the gold discovery hole of phase 1. It also will test some of the potential feeder type targets and all of the veins below the oxide zone which goes down to an estimated 175 metres below surface.
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced new trench and soil results from its Cuale project in Jalisco. Highlight results include the trench 2 which was extended from 29.4m to 184.1m with an average grade of 0.85 g/t Au, including 59.1m of 1.79 g/t Au, and including 21.6m of 4.18 g/t Au; Trench 4 , extended from 106.2m to 156.2m with an average grade of 9.57 g/t Au, including 64.6m of 20.85 g/t Au, and including 7.5m of 163.31 g/t Au; and Trench 5 which contains 174m of 0.62 g/t Au, including 70m of 1.16 g/t Au, and including 40m of 1.45 g/t Au. A soil grid with 200 metre spacing outlined a Au anomaly over the entire La Gloria prospect with grades >0.01 g/t Au of 2,300m by 800m with a central corridor of 1,700m by 300m >0.1 g/t Au extending north of the trenched area. “The soil anomaly at higher elevation correlates with elevated silver, antimony, molybdenum, arsenic and low contents of manganese and zinc. At lower elevations gold correlates with elevated copper, tellurium, arsenic, bismuth and iron”. “The new trench results expand the La Gloria zone to the northwest and the east with consistent gold mineralization. Soil sampling indicates the La Gloria system footprint is measurably larger with the potential to host a significant deposit and/or additional mineralized centers within the La Gloria prospect”. “The soil survey has a distinctive high sulphidation signature centred on a large gold in soil anomaly that is approximately 2,300 metres by 800 metres. The results indicate a potential major system with significant upside for additional mineralized centers within the La Gloria prospect.”
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., reported Q21 2018 results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Starcore milled 77,400 tonnes of 1.53 g/t Au and 49 g/t Ag to produce 3.3K Oz Au and 72.7K Oz Ag, with an all-in sustaining cost of US$ 1,215 for Eq Oz. Metallurgical recoveries were 88.1% for Au and 59.6% for Ag.
- US Antimony Corporation, produced 131,184 Lb Sb and 1,244 short tonnes of zeolites in August 2018 and announced plans to increase its production of Sb, Au and Ag in Mexico. At its Wadley mine in San Luis Potosi, the general level will be reactivated by cleaning up the waste to provide access and transportation of the lower grade for the mill. At Sierra Guadalupe in Zacatecas, the Santa Monica drift will be restarted. The ore is primarily sulphides and can be upgraded to 60-70% Sb flotation concentrate at its Puerto Blanco Mill to make antimony tri-sulphide. At the Soyatal district in Queretaro, a buying program will be started to purchase direct shipping ore for its Madero smelter. The construction of the cyanide leach plant for the Los Juarez Au-Ag-Sb should allow pilot testing to commence during Q4 2018. The company also closed an agreement purchase, dismantle and transport an antimony plant from Reynosa, Tamaulipas. When installed, the equipment from the Reynosa plant will increase the capacity of the Madero Smelter in Coahuila to approximately 30,000,000 Lb per year of antimony oxide.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora and expanded the high grade at Babicanora Norte vein. Drill holes have intersected additional high-grade Ag-Au mineralization at Babicanora Norte vein which is located about 300m NE of Babicanora vein and apparently is connected with the Granaditas area which contains multiple veins to the southeast. The most significant results are 1.8 m of 15.11 g/t Au and 1,718 g/t Ag or 2,851 g/t Ag Eq, 1.6 m of 8.96 g/t Au and 1,078 g/t Ag or 1,750 g/t Ag Eq and 1.5 m of 4.22 g/t Au and 687 g/t Ag or 1 Kg Ag Eq. The drilling results of Babicanora Norte vein will be part of the upcoming updated resource which will include 8 of the 30 identified veins in the district.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, reported drilling results from the Rey de Oro deposit at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Highlights results include hole UG-R018-013 which returned 12.64 g/t Au and 240.1 g/t Ag across 29.65 m (TW of 13.5 m), hole UG-R018-015 with 0.41 g/t Au and 3120.0 g/t Ag (91.0 oz/ton) across 1.52 m (TW of 1.06 m), and hole UG-R018-012 with 17.00 g/t Au and 321.0 g/t Ag across 1.1 m (TW of 0.8 m) and 4.47 g/t Au and 138.5 g/t Ag across 8.25 m (TW of 6.1 m). “Underground drilling at Rey de Oro consists of step-out and delineation drilling of this recently developed horizon. This drilling continues to intersect some of the widest vein intercepts on the property and demonstrate the potential to continue to extend the mine life at Mercedes”.
- Aura Minerals Inc., provided an update at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. Aura has obtained all the necessary permits and initiated the construction of the new tailings disposal system. “The Company expects the Aranzazu mine to achieve commercial production later this year and to achieve the average processing of 2,600 tonnes per day shortly thereafter”.
- Candelaria Mining Corp., announced a PEA for its Pinos Gold project in Zacatecas. Highlight results from the PEA indicate an after tax net present value (NPV) of US$ 12M using a 5% discount rate, an after tax internal rate return (IRR) of 25%, and a 7 years life of mine with projected gold equivalent ounce (“GEO”) production of 89,000. The PEA includes a mineral resource estimate as of September 13, 2018. Measured resources (Dump) are 85,847 tonnes of 1.6 g/t Au and 83 g/t Ag for a total of 4,444 Oz Au and 229K Oz Ag. Indicated resources are 175,697 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 47 g/t Ag for a total of 20.6K Oz Au and 268K Oz Ag. Inferred resources are 529,267 tonnes of 3.6 g/t Au and 48 g/t Ag for a total of 60.7K Oz Au and 811K Oz Ag. Average recovery for Au and Ag are 90 and 80% respectively. The company plans to have an annual production of 12,700 GEO with an overall average direct cash cost of %US 666 per GEO.
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported that hopes to add 12 years of mine life at its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa, combining mineralized sources from five locations that will be developed in two distinct process plant construction phases. McEwen plans to produce 47K Oz Au Eq per year.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., announced plans to start the mine construction on its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. $US 420M will be invested in the first phase and is expected to begin to operate in 2020.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., and First Majestic Silver Corp., agreed to exercise the Ermitaño and Cumobabi option agreements in Sonora. First Majestic has completed its 100% earn-in for both projects. First Majestic has paid $1.5M in cash to Evrim and has granted a 2% NSR in the case of Ermitaño project and 1.5% NSR in the case of Cumobabi project.
- New Gold Inc., announced the appointment of its new President and CEO (Cerro San Pedro mine, San Luis Potosi).
- Levon Resources Ltd., released results from its annual general meeting (Cordero project, Chihuahua).
- Vangold Mining Corp., withdrew its submission to the TSX Venture Exchange to acquire the San Carlos property in Guanajuato.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a banded quartz vein in an intermediate sulphidation epithermal project in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
ancouver B.C. — September 12, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce new trench and soil results from the Phase 3 exploration program at its 100%-owned Cuale high sulphidation epithermal gold project in Jalisco, Mexico. The new trench results expand the La Gloria zone to the northwest and the east with consistent gold mineralization. Soil sampling indicates the La Gloria system footprint is measurably larger with the potential to host a significant deposit and/or additional mineralized centres within the La Gloria prospect.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 19th week of the year (May 7th to May 13th, 2018), at least 40 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight informing on exploration results, nine reporting Q1 2018 results, four announcing financing, sixteen communicating deals and corporate issues, and seven reporting on resources & development. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Fernando Alanis Ortega was appointed President of CAMIMEX for the period 2018-2010. Investment in the mining sector reached $4,287 M USD in 2017, representing an increase of 14.3%. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri Resource reported drilling results at its El Pilar project, and Azure provided an update on its El Alacran project. In Chihuahua, Sable commenced a 4,000m diamond drill program on its Margarita project; Prospero and Fortuna revised its 2018 work program for Bermudez and Trias projects in Chihuahua, and Buenavista project in Durango. In Zacatecas-Durango, Canasil announced plans to resume drilling at its La Esperanza project. In Guerrero, Alio announced that a regional exploration work is underway on its Ana Paula project. In Oaxaca, Megastar signed an option agreement to acquire a mining project. ON MINING, Alio Gold, Pan American Silver, Americas Silver, Excellon, GoGold, Hecla, Premier Gold, and Torex reported Q1 2018 results from their Mexican operations. Gainey completed upgrade of its Huajicori mill in Nayarit. ON FINANCING, Almaden announced a non-brokered private placement for $7M. Minaurum raised $4.7M in its first tranche of a total $6M non-brokered private placement. Prize Mining announced a non-brokered private placement for $2M. Silver Spruce closed a non-brokered private placement for $287.7K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Alio initiated the construction of a 1,200m underground decline at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Hecla provided an exploration update on its San Sebastian Mine. Leagold reported underground drilling results for its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. Premier Gold filed a technical report for its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Sierra Metals reported mine development at its Cusi and Bolivar mines in Chihuahua during Q1 2018 period. US Antimony reported progress on the construction of the leach plant for the Los Juarez Au-Ag-Sb deposit in Queretaro. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alamos Gold, Endeavour, Excellon, and Fortuna reported results of its 2018 annual general meetings. Alamos also announced changes to its Board of Directors. Almadex approved spinout transaction. Great Panther announced the departure of its COO. Canuc announced the appointments of its CFO and Corporate Secretary. New Gold announced the appointment of its President and CEO. Candente reached an agreement with 3rd Eye Research to retain IR services. First Majestic completed the acquisition of Primero Mining. Goldplay received approval on the San Marcial option agreement in Sinaloa with SSR Mining. One World Lithium announced the granting of stock options. Primero announced receipt of Mexican antitrust clearance for arrangement with First Majestic. MX Gold signed a definitive agreement to sell interest at its Magistral project in Durango.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Fernando Alanis Ortega, was appointed President of the Mexican National Chamber of Mines (CAMIMEX) for the period 2018-2010, replacing the outgoing Daniel Chavez Carreon.
- CAMIMEX, reported that the investment in the mining sector reached $4,287 M USD in 2017. Although this represents an increase of 14.3% over the previous year, it is still 48.5% lesser that the invested record in 2012 which reached $8,043M USD.
- Colibri Resource Corporation, reported drilling results from its El Pilar project in Sonora. Highlights are 9m of 8.16 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 33.4 g/t Au. The company has completed 2,117m in 20 RC holes “aimed to test for continuity within previously interpreted zones of mineralization, test for extensions to the known mineralization, and explore locally for new zones of gold mineralization”.
- Azure Minerals Limited, provided an update on results from its El Alacrán project in Sonora, currently operated by Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. Teck drilled 14 holes to test extensions of Au mineralized zones at Loma Bonita area. Results suggest potential expansion of the Loma Bonita epithermal Au-Ag mineralized system at depth south towards Cerro San Simon, where four holes were drilled to test resistivity anomalies. Teck also drilled four holes at Cerro Colorado Zone to test mapped targets and geophysical anomalies generated by IP surveys and airborne magnetics, confirming potential for porphyry copper mineralization. Geological, geochemical and geophysical surveys are being carried out in H1, 2018 and will be followed by further drilling in H2, 2018.
- Sable Resources Ltd., commenced a 4,000m diamond drill program to test 1.7km of Ag-bearing epithermal quartz veins at its margarita project in Chihuahua. The aim is to test for high-grade precious metal horizon 200m below mineralized surface samples.
- Prospero Silver Corp., and Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., revised its 2018 exploration program, deciding to conduct a 6,000m drill program to test targets at its Buenavista, project in Durango, as well as at its Bermudez and Trias projects in Chihuahua.
- Canasil Resources Inc., announced plans to resume drilling at its La Esperanza project in Zacatecas-Durango. The drill program was designed to test the northwestern and southeastern extension of the La Esperanza vein 50m below of the high grade found in hole ES-17-16.
- Alio Gold Inc., announced that a regional exploration work is underway on its Ana Paula project in Guerrero which includes an airborne magnetic survey targeting further breccia or skarn targets.
- Megastar Development Corporation, signed an option agreement with Paradex Inc., and Minera ZalameraA. de C.V., to acquire 100% of the Rama de Oro project in Oaxaca. “The Project is hosted by caldera-related Tertiary volcanic rocks (e.g. El Aguila model) crosscut by hydrothermal veining inferred to be related to late-stage granitic magmatism locally exposed as dikes and underlying the adjacent ‘Nueve Puntos’ mountain”. Exploration work on the property has identified a 4 square-Km zone of quartz veining, silicification, and clay alteration of volcanic rocks. Sampling on this altered zones have returned anomalous values of Au, Ag, As, Hg, and Sb, suggesting the upper part of a precious metal epithermal system.
- Prize Mining Corporation, reported sampling results at its Manto Negro Copper project in Coahuila. Significant results include 6m of 2.73% Cu and 58 g/t Ag, 5.2m of 1.78% Cu and 40 g/t Ag, and 7m of 1.65% Cu and 36 g/t Ag.
- Alio Gold Inc., announced Q1 results from its san Francisco mine in Sonora, Alio produced 17.6K Oz Au and ~9K Oz Ag at an AISC of $1,262 per Oz Au.
- Pan American Silver Corp., reported results from its Dolores and La Colorada mines in Chihuahua and Zacatecas states respectively. Au and Ag production during the period of Q1, 2018 was 34.4K Oz Au and 1.2M Oz Ag at Dolores mine and 1K Oz Au and 1.65M Oz Ag at La Colorada mine.
- Americas Silver Corporation, reported Q1 2018 results from its Cosala operations in Sinaloa. Americas processed 163.8K tonnes to produce 397K Oz Ag, 7.6 M Lb Pb, and 7.3M Lb Zn.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported Q1 2018 results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. The company processed 18.9K tonnes (including 5.9K tonnes of historical stockpile) at average grades of 359 g/t Ag, 3.8% Pb, and 6.4% Zn to produce 194.5K Oz Ag, 1.3M Lb Pb, and 1.8M Lb Zn.
- Gainey Capital Corp., completed upgrade of its Huajicori mill in Nayarit to process 300 tonnes per day.
- GoGold Resources Inc., announced Q1 2018 results from its Parral Tailings project in Chihuahua. The company stacked 439.3K tonnes on the leach pad to produce 265.6K Oz Ag and 1908 Oz Au.
- Hecla Mining Company, reported Q1 2018 results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. The mine produced 512K Oz Ag and 4,500 Oz Au.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced Q1 2018 results from its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company milled 168.3K tonnes of 2.91 g/t Au and 31.8 g/t Ag to produce 15K Oz Au and 57.4K Oz Ag.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported Q1 2018 results from its El Limón-Guajes Mine Complex in Guerrero. Torex processed 785K tonnes of 3.29 g/t Au to produce 67.2K Oz Au at an AISC of $954 per ounce.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., announced a non-brokered private placement for $7M. Net proceeds will be used for exploration and development of its Ixtaca project in Puebla.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., raised $4.7M in its first tranche of a total $6M non-brokered private placement. Net proceeds will be used for its ongoing exploration program at the Alamos Silver project in Sonora.
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced a non-brokered private placement for $2M. Net proceeds will be used to conduct a geological, diamond drill and engineering assessment on its Manto Negro Copper project in Coahuila The aim is to produce a 43-101 compliant mineral resource.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for $287.7K. Net proceeds will be used at Its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua, aimed to drill target sites on the property.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alio Gold Inc., initiated the construction of a 1,200m underground decline at its Ana Paula project, which is expected to be completed in Q3 2018. It will enable commencement of the first phase of the proposed underground diamond drill program, which will consist of 12,000 m in 55 holes. The company completed a six-hole 3,800m drill program below the proposed open pit to better define the geometry of the complex high-grade breccia and know the mineralization extent. Alio is also currently carrying out a drilling program on a high priority surface target 150m north of the proposed open pit, on which a detailed geological mapping at a scale 1:2,000 will be conducted.
- Hecla Mining Company, provided and exploration update on its San Sebastian mine in Durango. An Infill drill program is been conducted to expand high-grade polymetallic zones similar to the Hugh Zone on the Middle and Francine veins, as well as oxide mineralization along the Professor and Francine veins. Significant results are 1.34m of 135 g/t Ag, 23.5% Pb, 18.5% Zn, and 7.9% Cu on the polymetallic zone, and 1.58m of 1,200 g/t Ag and 4.98 g/t Au on the oxide mineralization. At West Middle vein, the most significant intercepts are 1.34m of 317 g/t Ag, 10.1% Pb, 18% Zn, and 3% Cu, and 0.85m of 304 g/t Ag, 8.5% Pb, 9.4% Zn, and 3.8% Cu.
- Mexican Gold Corp., reported step-out drilling results from the El Dorado / Juan Bran and Santa Cruz zones within its Las Minas projects in Veracruz. Significant interceptions are 8m of 1.06 g/t Au and 6 g/t Ag, including 6m of 1.36 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; 6m of 2.52 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag; 14m of 1.96 g/t Au and 0.3 g/t Ag, including 6m of 3.49 g/t Au and 0.5 g/t Ag; and 24m of 1.24 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, including 10m of 2.12 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag. The drill results tested the continuity of mineralization at El Dorado / Juan Bran zone and extended the mineralized zone to depth as well as cutting multiple mineralized intervals in the upward extension of the Santa Cruz zone.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, reported underground drilling results for its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. Highlights are 4.1m of 24.2 g/t Au, 6.95m of 23.6 g/t Au, and 9.1m of 8.7 g/t Au from the Nukay, Conchita and Creston Rojo deposits respectively. The aim of the drilling program which comprises over 12,000m to date from 62,000m planned for 2018 is to identify additional resources along the contact of the circular intrusive orebodies.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, filed a technical report to release updated mineral reserves for its Mercedes Mine in Sonora, with 3.3M tonnes of 3.94 g/t Au containing 417K Oz Au, and measured and indicated mineral resources for 3.68M tonnes of 4.32 g/t Au containing 511K Oz Au.
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported mine development at its Cusi and Bolivar mines in Chihuahua during Q1, 2018. At Cusi, mine development totaled 676m. The company also carried out 1,448m of underground infill drilling, and 7,398m from surface. At Bolivar, mine development totaled 1,177m, with 650m to prepare stops for mine production, 466m to deepening ramps and developing service ramps for ventilation and pumping, and 61m of raises.
- US Antimony Corporation, reported progress on the construction of the leach plant for the Los Juarez Au-Ag-Sb deposit in Queretaro. Testing and shake-down of the plant is anticipated in Q4 2018.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Almadex Minerals Limited., approved a spinout transaction of its early stage exploration projects, royalties interests, and certain other assets. Almadex will be re-named Azucar Minerals Ltd., upon closing of the transaction.
- Candente Gold Corp., reached an agreement with 3rd Eye Research to retain IR services.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., completed the acquisition of Primero Mining Corp. With the arrangement now completed the Primero´s shares will be delisted from the TSX. The company also announced the termination of the silver purchase agreement with Wheaton
Precious Metals Corp., relating to the San Dimas mine.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., received the approval to acquire the 100% of the San Marcial, Sinaloa option agreement with SRR Mining. Goldplay will pay, over a three year option period, $2.6 M in cash, issue 3.5M common shares, and incur in exploration expenses for $3M.
- Primero Mining Corp., announced receipt of Mexican antitrust clearance for the arrangement with First Majestic.
- MX Gold Corp., signed a definitive agreement to sell its 50% interest on its Magistral project in Durango for a purchase price of US$4.5M.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, an oxidized quartz vein with a high content of disseminated pyrite in a prospect in Oaxaca, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, Canada – March 26, 2018 – Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) recently participated in a Mexican government land lottery and was awarded two new mineral concessions covering approximately 3,149 hectares adjacent to the Cervantes property in Sonora, Mexico. Combined with the 500 hectares currently under option from Kootenay Silver, Aztec’s land position at Cervantes has now expanded more than six fold to 3,649 hectares.
January 16, 2018 (Vancouver, BC): Sable Resources Ltd. (“Sable” or the “Company”) TSXV: SAE) is pleased to announce that positive results from field work carried on its Margarita Project late last year has motivated the company to initiate a two phase drill program to test the 1.7 kilometer structure.
Vancouver B.C. – January 18, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the first trenching results from its 100%-owned Cuale high sulphidation epithermal gold project in Jalisco, Mexico. This preliminary exploration program was undertaken in December 2017 to define the extent of the La Gloria high sulphidation prospect and comprised three trenches over a distance of 300 metres within a core zone where previous rock chip sampling had defined gold mineralization.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX-V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the acquisition and initial exploration results of the Cuale gold property, an early-stage exploration property prospective for high sulphidation epithermal gold-silver in Jalisco, Mexico. The Cuale project was initially staked under the Callinan Royalties Generative Alliance (now owned by Altius Minerals Corporation (TSX:ALS)) with formal title granted to Evrim for 100% ownership in November 2017.
November 2, 2017 (Toronto, Ontario): Sable Resources Ltd. (“Sable” or the “Company”) (TSXV: SAE) is pleased to announce that it has entered into definitive agreements dated as of October 31, 2017 (the “Master Agreements”) providing for the acquisitions (the “Acquisitions”) by Sable of BlueJoint Resources Inc. (“BlueJoint”) and Western Canada Greenfields Group Inc. (“WCG”). Each of BlueJoint and WCG are private companies engaged in mineral exploration activities. The Acquisitions are subject to the satisfaction or waiver of certain customary closing conditions, including the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSXV”) and approval by shareholders of each of BlueJoint and WCG.
BlueJoint systematically explored 1.74 million hectares in 10 target areas considered highly prospective and underexplored for precious metal epithermal mineralization in Mexico. This systematic exploration consisted of 10,623 high-density stream sediment samples, 1636 rock samples and 1,122 soil samples as well as geologic mapping and mineral occurrence reviews. This work generated 143 new, previously unknown targets of which 96 await evaluation, 26 have been recommended for further work and two targets; Vinata and El Escarpe are drill ready and have completed independent technical reports prepared in compliance with National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”). Sable will acquire 100% of the mineral rights that cover these targets consisting of five mineral applications and one mineral title.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, November 9, 2016 – Millrock Resources Inc. (TSX-V: MRO, OTCQX: MLRKF) (“Millrock”) is pleased to report that the first phase of surface exploration on the La Navidad gold project is near completion, and a drilling program has begun. The project, located in Sonora State, Mexico, 100 km north of the City of Hermosillo, targets orogenic gold deposits. Highlights of a rock sampling program include:
- 24 meters grading 0.9 grams per tonne gold;
- 12 meters grading 1.1 grams per tonne gold;
- 14 meters grading 0.8 grams per tonne gold.
A drilling program consisting of approximately 2,000 meters in nine drill holes is in progress and is planned for completion in December.