Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – November 10, 2017) – Evrim Resources Corp. (TSXV: EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) announced that its board of directors and the TSX Venture Exchange has approved a new fixed incentive stock option plan (the “Fixed Plan”). Upon adoption of the Fixed Plan the Company cancelled its long-term cash bonus plan.
The Fixed Plan allows the board of directors to grant up to an aggregate of 6,000,000 stock options of the Company to encourage equity participation among senior officers, employees, consultants and directors through the acquisition of Common shares of the Company. The Fixed Plan will enable the Company to attract and retain highly qualified personnel in an increasingly competitive marketplace. The Company has 100,000 options currently outstanding under its previous stock option plan which will be rolled into and be governed by the Fixed Plan.
The board of directors has approved the grant of 5,825,000 stock options to officers and employees of the Company at a price of $0.25 per share for a period of five years. The options vest over a five year period for senior executives and three years for other employees. The grant of these stock options is subject to approval of the TSX Venture Exchange.
Dieppe, New Brunswick–(Newsfile Corp. – October 23, 2017) – Colibri Resource Corporation (TSXV: CBI) (“Colibri” or the “Company’) is pleased to announce that it has retained FronTier Consulting Ltd. (“FronTier”), part of the FronTier Merchant Capital Group, to provide investor relations and marketing services to the Company in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
FronTier is an investor relations company based in Toronto, Canada. FronTier will assist the Company by increasing its market awareness using a number of financial market communications initiatives including facilitating in-person introductions for the Company with institutional and retail brokers in Toronto and other financial centres and through media distribution on national television, radio and multiple on-line channels.
Under the terms of the engagement, FronTier has been retained for a 12-month period at $110,000 (plus applicable sales tax) plus out-of-pocket expenses. The Company has also granted 150,000 stock options to FronTier at an exercise price of $0.15 expiring January 23, 2019. The options will vest in four equal tranches on a quarterly basis and will vest in full on October 23, 2018.
CALGARY, Sept. 21, 2017 /CNW/ – Soleil Capital Corp. (TSX.V: SOLE.P – the “Company” or “Soleil“), a capital pool company (a “CPC“), is pleased to announce it has entered into a letter of intent dated September 21, 2017 (the “LOI“) to enter into an arm’s length business combination transaction (the “Proposed Transaction“) with Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (“Goldplay“). Goldplay is a private mineral exploration company incorporated under the laws of British Columbia and active in gold exploration in the Rosario Gold District, Sinaloa, Mexico (the “Rosario District“).
The purpose of the Proposed Transaction is the creation of a public, TSX Venture Exchange-listed, Mexico-focused, precious metals exploration company utilizing Goldplay’s mineral exploration strategy and experience related to the Rosario District. The working capital of the combined entity (the “Resulting Issuer“), upon successful closing of the Proposed Transaction and the Concurrent Financing (as defined herein) will be approximately CDN$2,000,000, sufficient to support Goldplay’s current 12 month exploration strategy, and the ongoing evaluation of new opportunities.
Soleil intends that the Proposed Transaction will constitute its Qualifying Transaction, as such term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange (the “Exchange“). Upon completion of the Proposed Transaction, the Company expects that the Resulting Issuer will be named Goldplay Exploration Ltd. and will be listed as a Tier 2 Mining Issuer on the Exchange.
VANCOUVER, BC–(Marketwired – September 14, 2017) – Almadex Minerals Limited (“Almadex” or the “Company”) (TSX VENTURE: AMZ) (OTCQX: AXDDF) is pleased to announce it has received assay results from hole EC-17-033 of the 2017 Norte drilling program. EC-17-033 was drilled to test for the continuity of mineralisation within the area of defined mineralisation, between previous holes EC-17-017 and 026, and helps define and confirm mineralisation in this area. Highlights include the following intercepts all of which are also shown on the attached plan and section:
During the 33rd week of the year (August 14th to August 20th, 2017), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including five quarterly reports. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Azure reported the acquisition of the Oposura property (formerly Arenillas). In Sinaloa Marlin Gold released results from a twin hole south of its La Trinidad mine, and Santana Minerals reported saw channel samples from its Cuitaboca project. In Veracruz Almadex reported good gold and copper values over a long drill intercept at El Cobre. ON MINING, GoGold, Sierra Metals, Fortuna Silver, Aura Minerals and Starcore presented financial and/or operational results for the last quarter. Telson resources reported the second concentrates shipment from Tahehueto in Durango. ON FINANCING, Primero mining is delisted from the NYSE. Southern Silver is extending the closing of the second tranche of financing. Maverix Metals closed a senior secured loan facility with CFE Ltd. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Avino Silver released infill and step-out drilling results from Avino, in Durango. Kootenay announced the discovery o a new mineralized zone at its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua. Minera Alamos commenced an exploration program focused on resource expansion at La Fortuna in Durango. Consolidated Zinc disclosed more high-grade results from infill and step-out drilling at its Plomosas property in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Santacruz Silver completed the sale of the Gavilanes project in Durango to Marlin Gold. Discovery Metals announced the acquisition of multiple properties in Coahuila, including the Puerto Rico listing property.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. announced that a diamond drill hole at the San Cristobal target, 12 km from its La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa intercepted 13.90 m true width (TW) @ 1.19 g/t Au, 21 g/t Ag. The objective of the drill hole was to twin a reverse circulation hole that intersected 0.74 g/t Au over 30 m in 2010. “Reconnaissance geological mapping and sampling (over 1,600 rock chip samples) indicate gold and silver is associated with quartz veins, quartz stockwork, quartz breccia and silicified zones within a four kilometer-wide, northwest-trending structural corridor”.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd. disclosed results from the best hole to date at the North zone of its El Cobre project in Veracruz. The drill hole intersected multiple zones of intense stockwork veining and potassic alteration with gold and copper mineralization. The 534.9 m intercept @ 0.90 g/t Au, 0.3% Cu includes 144.8 m @ 1.77 g/t Au, 0.45% Cu (which includes 98.0 m @ 1.96 g/t Au, 0.48% Cu.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. Released results from recent drilling at La Luz vein in its Terronera property in Jalisco. Relevant true width intercepts of 1.7 m @ 16.2 g/t Au, 45 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 20.9 g/t Ag, 25 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 0.2 g/t Au, 419 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.3 g/t Au, 73 g/t Ag; 1.1 m @ 2.7 g/t Au, 91 g/t Ag; 1.1 m @ 20.3 g/t Au, 384 g/t Ag, 1.2 m @ 16.5 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 7.6 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag. Anomalous values of up to 0.15% of Cu, Pb and Zinc are part of the results.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced the acquisition of 100% of the Zn-Pb-Ag Oposura project (previously known as Arenillas) in Sonora, without elaborating on the terms. About 100 drill holes were completed previously on the property, and a non JORC compliant resource estimated. Sampling of the mineralized zone returned multiple assays over 30% Pb+Zn, with significant silver values. “The overall mineralised zone is up to nine metres thick, averages about three metres in true width, and demonstrates good continuity of width and grade”.
- Santana Minerals Ltd. reported significant diamond saw channel sampling results from the La Plata prospect within its Cuitaboca project in Sinaloa. The results over accessible outcrops include 2.45 m @ 362 g/t Ag and 4.60 m @ 295 g/t Ag. These results represent the continuity 300 m east of previous sampling, extending the potential strike of the interpreted La Plata vein system to approximately 2 km.
- Galore Resources Inc. disclosed assay results from seven rock chip samples collected on El Alamo target on its Dos Santos project in Zacatecas. The samples collected in breccias and jasperoids assayed 0.8 to 18.6 g/t Au. Drilling plans envisage ten 150 to 300 m deep holes.
- Telson Resources Inc. announced the second shipment of 128 tonnes of lead concentrate and 227 tonnes of zinc concentrate from the Tahuehueto mine. The metal recoveries were 83.5% Au, 89.3% Ag, 86.1% Pb, 85.4% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released its financial results for the quarter ending on June 2017 (their Q3). During the period 2,337 Oz Au, 151,422 Oz Ag were produced at the Parral tailings project at cash cost of $9.61 per AgEq Oz. The Santa Gertrudis high grade gold project produced 320 Oz Au. The overall cash cost was $16.2 per AgEq Oz and the all-in sustaining cost (AISC) $25.91. At the end of the quarter the company had a working capital deficit of $35.1 M. Management is exploring alternatives to de-lever its balance sheet.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported consolidated results for the second quarter of 2017. At Bolivar in Chihuahua the cash cost per CuEq Lb was $1.35 and AISC $2.49 per CuEq Lb for the period, while at Cusi, also in Chihuahua, the cash cost per AgEq Oz was $20.60 and AISC $49.13. At Bolivar 775 m of mine development were completed to prepare stopes for mine production, and 11,236 m were drilled at El Gallo, Bolivar Northwest and Bolivar West zones. At Cusi mine development totaled 1,551 m and 2,021 m of infill drilling were completed and further 15,566 m were drilled on the Santa Rosa de Lima orebody. Cash and cash equivalents of $31.1 M at the end of the period.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported its consolidated financial results for Q2 2017. At San Jose in Oaxaca 268.4 K tonnes were milled (3,016 tonnes per day, or tpd) @ 238 g/t Ag, 1.82 g/t Au, and a recovery rate of 92% Ag, 92% Au to produce 1.88 M Oz Ag, 14,410 Oz Au. Cash cost net of by-product credits was $1.03 per Ag Oz and AISC $7.67 per Ag Oz. Cash and short term investments of $16.7 M at the end of the period.
- Aura Minerals Inc, released Q2 2017 financial and operating results. Aura owns the idle Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas, which is under care and maintenance. The company is evaluating options to maximize value of this asset.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced production results for the first quarter of fiscal 2018, ended July 31, 2017. During the quarter at the San Martin mine in Queretaro 69.7 K tonnes were milled @ 1.97 g/t Au, 12.6 g/t Ag with recoveries of 85.0% Au, 51.2% Ag to produce 3,888 Oz AuEq. Furthermore, the Altiplano Facility received 37. 2 tonnes of concentrate and 24.2 tonnes of slag containing approximately 150 Oz Au and 25.5 K Oz Ag.
- Primero Mining Corp. has received formal notification from the New York Stock Exchange of its intention to initiate delisting procedures, as the company is no longer suitable for listing based on “abnormally low” price levels. The company continues trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. is extending the final closing date of its previously announced brokered private placement until September 15th, 2017. The first tranche closed in June, raising $2.55 M of the intended goal of $5.0 M on two tranches.
- Maverix Metals Inc. closed the previously announced senior secured loan facility with CEF Ltd. for US$20 M. The company has closed the previously announced private placement to CEF and Pan Ameican Silver Corp. for total proceeds of $9.88 M. Maverix now has over C$44 M available to acquire additional precious metals royalties (Royalties from La Colorada in Zacatecas, San Jose in Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. release further results from the extended 22 hole drill program comprising 3,374 m at the Avino mine in Durango. The program focused on tonnage and grade of the area between the San Luis workings and the Elena Tolosa current production area. Relevant results include 9.30 m @ 0.39 g/t Au, 29 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu; 22.65 m @ 1.48 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, 0.20% Cu; 34.5 m @ 0.35 g/t Au, 88 g/t Ag, 0.82% Cu; 25.40 m @ 0.68 g/t Au, 47 g/t Ag, 0.08% Cu; 43.05 m @ 0.50 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag, 0.08% Cu; 8.85 m @ 0.09 g/t Au, 61 g/t Ag, 0.77% Cu; 8.45 m @ 1.36 g/t Au, 7 g/t Ag, 0.07% Cu; 23.40 m @ 1.09 g/t Au, 167 g/t Ag, 0.38% Cu; 40.45 m @ 0.56 g/t Au, 42 g/t Ag, 0.19% Cu; 42.05 m @ 0.49 g/t Au, 103 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu. Three areas are scheduled to have exploration drilling: San Gonzalo (1,200 m), The Avino-San Juventino intersection (2,000 m) and the Chirumbo mining area (2,000 m ).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. announced the discovery of a new mineralized zone within La Venada target at its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua. This area is blind to the surface, 1 km south of the La Cigarra resource. “More than 250 meters in core length of quartz-calcite and quartz vein breccia and veining within altered sediments was intercepted…”. The new zone intercept comprises 29.5 m @ 91 g/t Ag, including 19.2 m @ 123 g/t Ag. Results from the Venada zone include 12 m @ 73 g/t Ag; 10 m @ 47 g/t Ag; 19.2 m @ 123 g/t Ag (including 2.0 m @ 435 g/t Ag; and 10.7 m @ 114 g/t Ag); 9.5 m @ 107 g/t Ag. All intervals contain values of up to 0.6% Pb and 3.3% Zn.
- Minera Alamos Inc. has initiated an exploration program aimed to expand resources at La Fortuna property in Durango. Data compilation, surface mapping, drill targeting and a new geophysical survey are to be completed on projections of the La Fortuna resource zone, the PN area, the Ramada zone, Cerro Pelon zone and the far southern area.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. released results from its resource expansion drilling program at its Plomosas project in Chihuahua. True width intercepts include: 0.40 m @ 3.8% Zn, 1.0% Pb; 1.75 m @ 9.4% Zn, 1.7% Pb; 0.85 m @ 4.4% Zn, 0.3% Pb; 0.90 m @ 10.9% Zn, 6.7% Pb; 0.95 m @ 3.7% Zn, nil Pb. Length of drill hole intersections include 1.50 m @ 8.0% Zn, nil Pb; 1.35 m @ 34.7% Zn, nil Pb; 0.5 m @ 5.0% Zn, 0.2% Pb; 0.75 m @ 4.2% Zn, 0.3% Pb; 0.5 m @ 2.3% Zn, 1.1% Pb; 0.5 m @ 9.4% Zn, 0.3% Pb; 1.0 m @ 7.2% Zn, 0.4% Pb.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. informed the sale of 100% interest in the Gavilanes property in Durango to Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. has been completed.
- Discovery Metals Corp. is now classified as a Tier 2 Mining Issuer on the TSX Venture Exchange, with the completion of the transaction on the Puerto Rico property agreement. Under the agreement Discovery has done a $300 K payment, the issuing 500 K shares to the vendors, and pledged to make and additional US$300 K payment and issuing a further 500 K shares upon government drilling approval, and the issuance of four tranches of 500 K shares on each anniversary of the closing after the second anniversary. A final issuance of shares representing 30% of the company’s issued and outstanding capital is also included, with some clauses that can take the vendors stake to 35%. Discovery also has to spend not less than US$2 M within one year of the drilling approval and not less than $12.5 M within five years to exercise the option.
- Discovery Metals Inc. For acquiring the Renata project in Ocampo, Coahuila a US $100 K payment is to be made to the vendors within three months of the closing. Not less than US$2 M have to be spent within three years of the closing, and in the case of sale to a third party the vendors are to receive the first US$3 M of the proceeds. On La Kika property in Coahuila, Discovery has paid US$45 K on closing, and has to spend not less than US$2 M within five years, the issuance to the vendors of 1 M shares and a royalty of 30% on the operating profits of the first 450 K tonnes shipped, or a 2% NSR otherwise. Additional option agreements involve La Minerva, Santa Rosa and Jemi/Rare Earth concessions..
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, low sulfidation quartz vein stockwork in felsic volcanic rocks, in the Sierra Madre of Chihuahua. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Aug. 21, 2017) – Discovery Metals Corp. (TSX VENTURE:DSV) (“Discovery Metals” or the “Company”) today announced the appointment of Jeff Parr to the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”). Mr. Parr will serve as Audit Committee Chair for the Company.
Murray John, Chairman of the Company, stated: “Mr. Parr’s business experience and in-depth financial, project finance and regulatory knowledge are a great complement to the Mexican operating experience and technical and capital market strengths of our existing Board members. Mr. Parr’s appointment completes the currently planned Board changes.”
Mr. Parr is a member of the Board of Directors of Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. and serves as Audit Committee Chair. He joined Centerra Gold Inc. in 2006, and was appointed Chief Financial Officer in 2008, a position he held until his retirement in 2016. From 1997 to 2006 he worked for Acres International Ltd. as Chief Financial Officer and from 1988 to 1997, held progressively senior financial positions at WMC International Ltd., ultimately serving as the Executive Vice President. Mr. Parr, a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA 1984), holds an MBA from McMaster University and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Western Ontario. He has over 30 years of experience in the mining and service provider industries.
Vancouver, British Colimbia (FSCwire) – Vangold Mining Corp. (TSXV: VAN) (OTCQB: VGLDF) (“VANGOLD” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce it has formed an Advisory Board to build a highly qualified support team to assist the Company in advancing the El Pinguico mining project located in Guanajuato, Mx.
Vangold is proud to accept Dr. David A. Terry, Ph.D., P.Geo. as cornerstone member to the Company’s Advisory Board. Building an experienced team of advisors brings improved strategy recommendations, broadens industry relationships and builds strong industry leadership.
Dr. Terry has had a long and successful career in the mining industry focused on the exploration and development of a wide range of mineral projects. Dr. Terry is a professional economic geologist, senior executive and corporate director with more than 25 years of international experience in the mineral resources sector. During his career, Dr. Terry has held executive positions and directorships with several publicly-listed and private mineral resource companies. He has also worked with senior mining companies including Boliden Limited, Westmin Resources Limited, Hemlo Gold Mines Inc., Cominco Limited and Gold Fields Mining Corporation. Dr. Terry holds a B.Sc. and Ph.D. in geology from Western University in Ontario and is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
Vangold Mining CEO Mr. Cameron King, said “We are very proud to have Dr. Terry join our advisory board. We take his involvement as a vote of confidence in the quality of our El Pinguico gold-silver project. David`s expert advice will be invaluable as we design and execute drilling programs and advance on evaluating our existing mineralized stockpiles. Drawing on close relationships and their wealth of experience will be vital to Vangold’s advancement of its current assets and longer-term growth.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE….Vancouver, British Columbia: Wealth Minerals Ltd. (the “Company” or “Wealth”) – (TSXV: WML; OTCQB: WMLLF; SSE: WMLCL; Frankfurt: EJZN), reports that it has strengthened its board of directors with the appointment of Gordon Neal to serve as a director.
“Gord’s experience within the institutional investment community will be of paramount importance to Wealth as we move our lithium brine assets forward,” stated Henk van Alphen, Wealth’s CEO. “I have worked with Gord on other boards and have seen firsthand his attention to value creation for all shareholders and his understanding of capital markets. Wealth’s market capitalization has grown from under $10 million to almost $150 million in the last two years and as we continue to move forward I look forward to drawing on the depth of board experience that is available to the Company.”
TORONTO, June 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ – Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX:SMT) (BVL:SMT) (“Sierra Metals” or the “Company”) hereby announces the voting results from the Company’s Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders held on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
A total of 127,848,509 common shares were represented at the meeting, being 78.59% of the Company’s issued and outstanding shares. Shareholders voted in favour of all matters brought before the meeting including the re-appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers as auditors for the ensuing year, and the election of management’s nominees as directors.
Vancouver, B.C. – June 5, 2017: San Marco Resources Inc. (SMN: TSX-V) announces that, following its annual general meeting on Thursday, May 31st, it has granted options to directors, officers and consultants to purchase a total of 1,700,000 shares at a price of $0.19 per share for five years. The options vest, as to 25% each, on granting and on the next three, six and nine months.