Quartz vein displaying boiling texture.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 34th week of the year (August 22nd to August 28th, 2022), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 7 news published by the media with seven commenting on Mexican issues, four communicating production and financial results, four disclosing deals and corporate issues, three reporting resources and developments of their properties, three announcing financial issues, and two informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Colibri and Oroco reported the best drilling intercepts in Mexico on the fourth week of August, 2022. The government of Mexico announced, through a decree in the Official Gazette of the Federation, the creation of the state company Litio para Mexico (LitioMx). According to the Mining Chamber of Mexico (CAMIMEX), a total of 822 mining projects remain on hold and represent an amount of USD $959M. Jaime Gutierrez Núñez, president of CAMIMEX stated that small-scale coal mining is like “the blood diamonds” of Africa. Mexico’s mining industry plans to invest USD $5.5B in 2022, 15.2% more than in 2021. Mining in Mexico grew by 7.1% in 2021 despite friction with the government. The governor of Durango, José Rosas Aispuro, considered unfair that the mining-metallurgical sector is one of the economic sectors with the highest tax burden in the country. In Mexico there are more than 1,209 mining projects that have been developed in 26 states of the Republic. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri reported results from the second half of its Phase 1 drill program completed on its Evelyn project, and Tocvan announced latest drill results from its Pilar project. ON MINING, Guanajuato Silver, Discovery Silver, Minera Alamos, and Orogen reported Q2, 2022 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Canasil announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $550K (Nora project, Durango). Minera Alamos arranged a USD $3M working capital facility and announced a closed a USD $4.35M equity raise (Cerro de Oro project, Zacatecas). Eric Sprott announced holdings in Orex Minerals Inc. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Silver reported Q2, 2022 results from its flagship Cordero project, Chihuahua. Minera Alamos provided an update on its Cerro de Oro project, Zacatecas. Oroco successfully tested the western side of the North Zone at its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Monumental announced that its common shares are now trading on the OTCQB Venture Market under the symbol MNMRF (Jemi project, Coahuila). Argonaut announced the appointment of its Vice President, Canadian Operations (La Colorada mine, Sonora). Aztec purchased 35% interest in the Cervantes property in Sonora from Kootenay. Colibri announced reinstatement of trading on the TSX Venture Exchange and the appointment of its CFO. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Colibri Resource Corporation and Oroco Resource Corp., reported the best drilling intercepts in Mexico on the fourth week of August, 2022. Details are shown in the table below:
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 24thweek of the year (June 13th to June 19th, 2022), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 7 news were published by the media, with five informing on exploration results, four reporting resources and developments of their properties, four disclosing deals and corporate issues, four discussing social issues, three announcing financing issues, and three commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Arcelor Mittal announced that the strike broke out by the National Union of Mining, Metallurgical, Steel and Similar Workers of the Mexican Republic will affect the economy of Michoacan. With the strike carried out by Napoleón Gómez Urrutia and his miners in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan to the company Arcelor Mittal Mexico, they managed to jump the “cap” in the payment of utilities. The first International Mining Women’s Day was commemorated. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec-Kootenay JV reported final results from 2021-2022 RC drilling program on its Cervantes project, Colibri announced that its Phase 1 RC drilling program has been completed at its Evelyn project, and Prismo completed a LiDAR survey at its Los Pavitos project. In Coahuila, Monumental released sampling results from its Jemi Heavy Rare Earth Elements project. In Sinaloa, Prismo informed that it plans to drill a minimum of 2,000m at its Palos Verdes project. ON FINANCING, Prismo reached an agreement to exercise a total of up to 6,821,250 outstanding founder warrants for gross proceeds of $682,125 (Palos Verdes project, Sinaloa). Radius announced that it receives the final USD $700K option cash payment from Pan American Silver in order to earn its option for 65% of the Amalia property in Chihuahua. SilverCrest reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora). Silver Wolf closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $602,160 (Ana Maria project, Durango). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Avino released results from Phase 2 of its 2021/2022 drilling program conducted at its Avino project, Durango. Silver Dollar reported initial results from the Phase II drilling ongoing program conducted at its La Joya project in Durango. Silver Tiger announced drilling results from the Sooy Vein at its El Tigre project, Sonora. Sonoro completed Phase IV drilling program at its Cerro Caliche project, Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Gatos silver announced the pass away of one of its Directors (Cerro Los Gatos, Chihuahua). Sierra Metals announced the appointment of a new member as Chair of its Board of Directors (Bolivar mine, Chihuahua). Silverton announced the appointment of its new CEO and Director (Peñasco Quemado project, Sonora). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles recognized the academic performance of sixteen young students of the Laguna del Rey Center for Technical Studies. Esperanza Silver de México, responsible for the Esperanza mining project, signed a collaboration agreement with the Zacatepec Technological Institute. Minera Cuzcatlán adopted a wastewater treatment plant in Ocotlán, Oaxaca. Industrias Peñoles announced the summer activities that will take place during June and July at the Community Center and in the Metals Museum.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Arcelor Mittal announced that the strike broke out by the National Union of Mining, Metallurgical, Steel and Similar Workers of the Mexican Republic will affect the economy of Michoacan and the metallurgical sector. The strike will have an impact and serious consequences in the short, medium and long term on labor and economic stability in the Lázaro Cárdenas region, in the state of Michoacán, in the production chain and in the country´s economy.
- With strike, Napoleón Gómez Urrutia and his miners managed to jump the “cap” in the payment of utilities. With the work stoppage carried out by mining workers from section 271 in Lázaro Cárdenas Michoacán to the company Arcelor Mittal Mexico, on June 15, they managed to eliminate the “cap” on the payment of utilities that was included with the labor reform in April of 2021. This is not the first union organization to take action to pressure the company to grant a higher amount in the payment of utilities.
- The first International Mining Women’s Day was commemorated. This June 15 marks the first World Mining Women’s Day as an initiative of the International Organization “Women in Mining”. Engaging the Women Mining Community, the International Day of Women in Mining will showcase the experiences, hopes and aspirations about the industry, and celebrate the personal achievements of women in the industry.
- Aztec Minerals Corp – Kootenay Silver Inc. JV reported final results from 2021-2022 RC drilling program on its Cervantes project in Sonora. The program comprised 5,249 meters in 26 RC drill holes, testing 4 targets (Purisima East, California, Jasper, and California North). Hole CAL-22-018 drilled at California target intersected a high pyrite zone anomalous in copper, molybdenum, gold and silver that corresponds well with the top of large, strong IP chargeability anomaly. It encountered 0.22 g/t Au over 24.32m, plus 0.27 g/t Au over 10.64m, and 0.062% Cu over 68.4m, 1 g/t Ag over 28.88m, and 122 ppm Mo over 39.52m.
- Colibri Resource Corporation announced that its Phase 1 RC drilling program has been completed at its Evelyn project in Sonora. The Phase 1 drill program consisted of 6,547m in 45 holes. Drill results from the first 22 holes were released previously and assays are pending for the remaining 23 holes.
- Prismo Metals Inc., recently completed a LiDAR survey conducted over almost 40 square kilometers at its Los Pavitos project in Sonora. The company expects to receive the analysis of the LiDAR results in a few weeks to aid in the delineation of important structural trends and complete the work to identify drill targets this summer.
- Monumental Minerals Corp., released results from 21 samples collected at its Jemi Heavy Rare Earth Elements project. Seven out of 21 samples returned values greater than 0.15% total rare earth oxide (TREO), including three samples that returned values greater than 0.25% TREO, and up to 0.54% TREO. “The assay results confirm that samples with the highest rare earth element content are those rocks that are classified as peralkaline (sodium plus potassium concentrations are greater than aluminum concentrations”. In addition, a single rock grab sample collected in the eastern claim area returned values of 13.5% Zn and 6.8% Pb and is classified as carbonate replacement-style mineralization.
- Prismo Metals Inc., informed that it plans to drill a minimum of 2,000m at its Palos Verdes project in Sinaloa to test mineralization at depth under the high-grade intercepts from previous drilling campaigns.
- No relevant news.
- Prismo Metals Inc., reached an agreement to exercise a total of up to 6,821,250 outstanding founder warrants for gross proceeds of $682,125. Gross proceeds will be primarily used to drill a minimum of 2,000m at its Palos Verdes project, Sinaloa. Prismo also expects to use some of the proceeds to finalize surface exploration work on its Los Pavitos project in Sonora.
- Radius Gold Inc., announced that it receives the final USD $700K option cash payment from Pan American Silver Corp., in order to earn its option for 65% of the Amalia property in Chihuahua.
- Silver Wolf Exploration Ltd., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $602,160. Net proceeds will be used for financing the ongoing drill program at its Ana Maria project in Durango, and for general working capital requirements.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., released results from phase 2 of its 2021/2022 drilling program conducted at its Avino project, Durango. Six underground holes were completed below the current level 17 mining area to define the continuity of economic mineralization at depth in the central part of the vein. Selected high grade intercepts include hole ET-22-01 with 0.06 g/t Au, 34 g/t Ag, and 0.66% Cu (127 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 0.80m on HW BX, including 0.12 g/t Au, 199 g/t Ag, and 2.75% Cu (577 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.10m, and 0.14 g/t Au, 21 g/t Ag, and 0.54% Cu (104 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 23.10m on HW STW, including 0.66 g/t Au, 759 g/t Ag, and 2.90% Cu (1,202 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.19m, including 1.35 g/t Au, 98 g/t Ag, and 1.92% Cu (466 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.34m, including 0.46 g/t Au, 72 g/t Ag, and 2.42% Cu (434 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.29m, including 0.15 g/t Au, 77 g/t Ag, and 3.17% Cu (514 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.24m, and 0.20 g/t Au, 61 g/t Ag, and 0.96% Cu (206 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 41m on Avino Vein, including 0.31 g/t Au, 71 g/t Ag, and 2.42% Cu (421 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.56m, including 0.09 g/t Au, 482 g/t Ag, and 1.40% Cu (678 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.75m, including 2.05 g/t Au, 99 g/t Ag, and 4.73% Cu (901 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.56m, including 2.75 g/t Au, 831 g/t Ag, and 3.82% Cu (1,568 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.19m, including 1.39 g/t Au, 246 g/t Ag, and 2.27% Cu (664 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.75, including 4.37 g/t Au, 1,234 g/t Ag, and 21.90% Cu (4,527 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.19m; and hole ET 21-08 with 0.28 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag, and 0.6% Cu (112 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.94m on HW BX and 0.53 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, and 1.06% Cu (226 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 30m on Avino Vein, including 5.58 g/t Au, 86 g/t Ag, and 0.56% Cu (617 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.65m. “The drilling results have confirmed the down dip continuity of widths and grades of the Avino vein extending significant potential to a depth of at least 290 metre down dip below current development”.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., reported initial results from 4 holes of the phase II drilling ongoing program at the unexplored La Noria portion of its La Joya project in Durango. Significant intersections were encountered in hole NOR-22-013 with 90 g/t Ag, 0.41 g/t Au, 0.08% Cu, 0.4% Pb, and 1% Zn (198 g/t AgEq) over 43,12m, including 192 g/t Ag, 0.27 g/t Au, 0.06% Cu, 1% Pb, and 2.2% Zn (363 g/t AgEq) over 19.35m, including 451 g/t Ag, 0.62 g/t Au, 0.07% Cu, 2.3% Pb, and 4.6% Zn (815 g/t AgEq) over 5m; and hole NOR-22-015 with 23 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 0.07% Cu, 0.03% Pb, and 5.6% Zn (319 g/t AgEq) over 23.2m. To date, a total of 1,899m over 10 holes have been drilled in Phase II. Assay results are pending for the remaining 6 holes.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., announced drilling results from the Sooy Vein at its El Tigre project, Sonora. Highlights drill intercepts include hole ET-21-300 with 0.06 g/t Au, 239 g/t Ag, 0.3% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (281 g/t AgEq) over 4.9m, including 0.24 g/t Au, 2,230 g/t Ag, 2.85% Cu, 0.7% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (2,565 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m; and hole ET-21-289 with 0.12 g/t Au, 901 g/t Ag, 0.61% Cu, 3.1% Pb, 7.3% Zn (1,286 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m. The company also reported that over 370m of rehabilitation in Level 7 of the historic El Tigre mine have been completed.
- Sonoro Gold Corp., completed Phase IV drilling program at its Cerro Caliche project, Sonora, and reported results from the final seven holes. The company completed over 7,200m in 63 holes which returned multiple higher-grade gold intercepts and demonstrated the expansion of several known mineralized gold zones within the Cerro Caliche concession. Highlights drill intercepts include hole SCR-321 with 1.34 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag (1.38 g/t AuEq) over 15.24m, including 3.66 g/t Au and 15 g/t Ag (3.73 g/t AuEq) over 4.57m, plus 1.1 g/t Au and 0.8 g/t Ag (1.11 g/t AuEq) over 1.52m; and hole SCR-322 with 0.78 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag (0.81 g/t AuEq) over 18.29m, including 4.88 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag (4.97 g/t AuEq) over 1.52m. “Drilling results from the now completed Phase IV campaign will be included in an updated resource estimation scheduled to be announced in the fall of 2022. The economic impact of the updated resource on the proposed heap leach mining operation is also to be assessed and will be contemplated in a further technical report”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Gatos Silver Inc., announced the pass away of one of its independent non-executive Directors (Cerro Los Gatos, Chihuahua).
- Sierra Metals Inc., announced the appointment of a new member as Chair of its Board of Directors (Bolivar mine, Chihuahua).
- Silverton Metals Corp., announced the appointment of its new CEO and Director (Peñasco Quemado project, Sonora).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Servicios Industriales Peñoles recognized the academic performance of sixteen young students of the Laguna del Rey Center for Technical Studies. The outstanding students are about to conclude their theoretical instruction as technical professionals, to then go on to put their knowledge into practice for an entire semester by joining the work teams of different mining units in different states of the Republic, with the possibility of in the end, they will be formally hired.
- Esperanza Silver de México S.A. de C.V., responsible for the Esperanza mining project, signed a collaboration agreement with the Zacatepec Technological Institute, which will allow students from this important professional training institution in the state of Morelos, to carry out their professional residences at Minera Esperanza Silver.
- Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.), adopted a wastewater treatment plant in Ocotlán, Oaxaca. The Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP ) located in the municipality of Ocotlán de Morelos supplies 80% of the water it uses in its processes and the rest is obtained from rainwater harvested through a canal system
- Industrias Peñoles S.A.B. de C.V., announced the summer activities that will take place during June and July at the Community Center and in the Metals Museum.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a hydrothermal breccia cemented by Mn Ox in an epithermal vein system, in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 25th week of the year (June 21st to June 28th, 2021), at least 34 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, seven companies posted exploration advances on their properties, six posted on financing, warrants extension, options distribution or option payments received, eight more on project development or resource definition and four posted on deals or corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, there is a new illegal blockade at Los Filos in Guerrero. Canadian Mining companies are suffering the results of the asylum provided by Canada to Mexican union leader Napoleon Gómez Urrutia. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Riverside is receiving funding for exploration of five properties; Ridgestone released surface sample results from Rebeico; Colibri completed an IP survey on Evelyn. In Chihuahua, Kootenay is to rehabilitate underground workings at Columba. In Sinaloa, GR Silver initiated a drilling campaign in the Rosario district. In Durango, Mithril intersected bonanza grade mineralization in drill holes at Copalquin. In Jalisco, Xali Gold identified targets at its Tepic project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold produced some gold at Santa Elena in Sonora. Fresnillo paid US$176.2 M in taxes to the Mexican government in 2020. Santacruz Silver reported a fatality at is Rosario mine in San Luis Potosi. ON FINANCING, Reyna Silver, Wealth Minerals and Southern Silver reported on financing rounds for C$6.06 M, $675 K and $3 M respectively. Vizsla Silver granted options, Radius Gold received $400 K as payment from Pan American Silver related to an earn-in agreement on the Amalia project. Advance Gold extended the expiry date of some warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Guanajuato Silver informed on advance at getting the El Cubo and Pinguico mines back to production. Minera Alamos informed construction has been completed at Santana, in Sonora. Fabled Silver Gold released drilling results from Santa Maria, in Chihuahua. Discovery Silver released results from drilling targeting bulk mining mineralization at Cordero, in Chihuahua. Vizsla Silver released interesting drilling results from Panuco, in Sinaloa. Silver Dollar signed a surface access agreement at La Joya, in Durango. Oroco Resources received the environmental permit to drill at Santo Tomas, in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Vizsla Silver is to spin a Canadian copper asset, forming Vizsla Copper. Fortuna Silver and Roxgold received a recommendation for their business combination. David Jones is on Benjamin Hill as a technical advisor. Orogen Royalties is to trade on the OTCQX ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles, Fresnillo PLC, the Chihuahua Mining cluster and Minera Peñasquito informed on actions the companies realize to help communities and the environment. Great Panther published its sustainability report. Newmont launched its Climate Strategy Report.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Equinox Gold Corp. informed an illegal blockade has temporarily suspended mining activities at Los Filos, Guerrero. the illegal blockades are led by “a group of unionized employees and members of the Xochipala community, both of whom are demanding payments in excess of their contractual agreements.
- Americas Gold & Silver continues its fight against Napoleón Gómez Urrutia union. The company has had its San Rafael mine in Cosalá, Sinaloa, under siege for 18 months by the section 333 of the Sindicato de Trabajadores Mineros, Metalurgicos, Siderurgicos y Similares de la República Mexicana (the union led by Napoleón Gómez Urrutia). The company asked the Canadian government for help on what they see as an illegal blockade disguised as a dispute for the Union to control the company’s personnel collective contract (speaking of retribution, Canadian Mining companies are paying for the asylum Canada provided to the Union leader, and are set to pay dearly if do not fight back).
- Riverside Resources Inc. informed BHP is funding exploration in five projects in Sonora, acquired under the BHP-Riverside Exploration Funding Agreement. A total of US$1.3 M over two years was allocated for generative funding, with an additional US$1 M in specific work programs. Riverside anticipates two projects will see a maiden drill campaign on 2021, of five under evaluation. The Chuin and Palofierro projects are the most advanced, while Sinoquipe, Penitas and Montosa projects are to follow suite. Magneto-teluric (MT) and gravity geophysics, green-mineral, whole rock and prospecting are being used for vectoring and district evaluations.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. initiated a 14,000 m exploration drill program in the Rosario district in Sinaloa. Seven drill rigs are being mobilized to dill vein systems covering a combined 75 km strike length of the Plomosas, San Marcial and La Trinidad project areas. Some of the targets include the GAP area, Loma Dorada structure.
- Xali Gold Corp. identified drill targets that can extend known mineralization at its Cocula project in Jalisco. These drill targets were identified on a 3D model, and are designed to test potential extensions to previously defined zones. The project displays two styles of mineralization, gold-silver as dissemination in oxidized breccias near surface and higher-grade gold silver and base metals in structures containing stockwork quartz veining.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. released assay results from sampling on recent mapping at its Rebeico project in Sonora. Sampling at El Cobre mine returned up to 1.0 m @ 3.5% Cu, 0.32 gpt Au, 32 gpt Ag, 0.136% Mo on the main structure. Regional mapping returned up to 1.2 m @ 1.06% Cu, 2.40 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag in a quartz vein and 1.5 m @ 0.08% Cu, 3.45 gpt Au in a breccia. “The El Cobre mine was put into production by Asarco during the sixties and was developed on two levels, with the upper level having over 230 metres of drift development and the lower level having over 100 metres long of drift development at a depth of 180 metres below surface. The main structure, with widths varying from 1 to 5 metres, has been emplaced within a granodiorite intrusive and remains open along strike and at Depth”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. announced the signing of a contract with Tlasa Obras Mineras S. de R.L. de C.V. to rehabilitate the historic underground workings of the F vein at the Coulmba project in Chihuahua. Work is expected to take four months.
- Colibri Resource Corp. reported the completion of the previously announced IP survey at Evelyn, in Sonora. The IP survey consisted of 38-line km of 3D-IP covering the eastern half of the Evelyn project. “…the highest chargeability response is spatially associated with the Main Zone within the Cerro Rojo target area…. the Company has decided to extend the IP survey to the western boundary thus completing 3D IP coverage over most of the property”.
- Mithril Resources Ltd. released drill results from its Copalquin project in Durango. Highlighted core length results comprise: 6.8 m @ 74 gpt Au, 841 gpt Ag (including 2.1 m @ 235 gpt Au, 2,554 gpt Ag); 4.61 m @ 1.87 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag; 7.60 m @ 2.34 gpt Au, 144 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 2.64 gpt Au, 167 gpt Ag; 6.0 m @ 1.41 gpt Au, 66 gpt Ag; 1.80 m @ 2.38 gpt Au, 53 gpt Ag; 1.05 m @ 2.36 gpt Au, 95 gpt Ag; 0.50 m @ 28.9 gpt Au, 471 gpt Ag; 1.66 m @ 2.41 gpt Au, 153 gpt Ag. Drilling continues along El Refugio structure, and soil sampling is in progress to define the structure a further 1.3 km to the west.
- Mexus Gold US. informed its Santa Elena mine in Sonora produced 20 Oz Au last week and confirmed the presence of 30 ounces more on the activated carbon cells.
- Fresnillo PLC. presented a report on the payments to the governments of Mexico, Chile and Peru. In Mexico, Fresnillo paid US$ 139.3 M in taxes, US$1.48 M in royalties and US$35.4 M in concession fees, for a total of US$176.2 M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported a fatality at its Rosario project in San Luis Potosi. ”The accident took place at the Membrillo mine as a result of a rock fall”.
- Vizsla Silver Corp. granted 4.15 M options to directors, officers, employees and consultants (Panuco, Sinaloa).
- Reyna Silver Corp. has over-sold the offering and completed a brokered private placement for gross proceeds of C$6.06 M (GuiGui, Chihuahua).
- Radius Gold Inc. reported that Pan American Silver, its joint venture partner in at the Amalia project in Chihuahua, has paid a scheduled US$400 K property payment to Radius, and plans further drilling at the project. “Exploration completed at Amalia includes 31 holes for 10,588m of diamond core drilling, primarily at the San Pedro zone on the Amalia structure. The next targets to be drill tested are El Cuervo…. and at California”.
- Wealth Minerals Ltd. closed the second tranche of the placement, for gross proceeds of $675 K (Coronado, Chihuahua).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. closed the non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $3 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Advance Gold Corp. applied to the TSX Venture Exchange to extend the expiry date on 3.08 M share purchase warrants issued pursuant to the private placement financing in July 2019, by one year, to July 9, 2022 (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Guanajuato Silver Company Ltd. informed on staffing mill and mine refurbishment at El Cubo, Guanajuato. Also the company is doing metallurgical studies on El Cubo and Pinguico deposits.
- Minera Alamos Inc. informed all construction has now been completed at Santana, in Sonora. “All construction has now been completed with the full leach pad now lined and available for stacking….. First loading of mined material from the Nicho Norte pit commenced earlier this month …in preparation for the commissioning of leach operations around the end of the June”.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp. released drilling results from its ongoing campaign at Santa Maria, Chihuahua. Highlighted core length results comprise 10.50 m @ 0.38 gpt Au, 31 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 1.0% Zn Cu (including 1.20 m @ 1.37 gpt Au, 51 gpt Ag, 0.6% Pb, 4.2% Zn); 27.50 m @ 0.19 gpt Au, 20 gpt Ag (including 1.20 m @ 0.52 gpt Au, 163 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 1.0% Zn); 19.65 m @ 0.44 gpt Au, 52 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.6% Zn (including 7.90 m @ 0.74 gpt Au, 104 gpt Ag, 0.5% Pb, 1.2% Zn); 1.00 m @ 0.33 gpt Au, 322 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn.
- Discovery Silver Corp. released results from 12 drill holes targeting bulk-mining mineralization at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Highlighted results comprise 65.9 m @ 69 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 3.7% Zn; 143 m @ 39 gpt Ag, 0.13 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 59.5 m @ 54 gpt Ag, 0.08 gpt Au, 0.9% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 86.0 m @ 33 gpt Ag, 0.17 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 1.2% Zn; 82.3 m @ 44 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 59.4 m @ 48 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 1.0% Pb, 2.0% Zn; 48.9 m @ 85 gpt Ag, 0.08 gpt Au, 0.6% Pb, 1.1% Zn.
- Vizsla Silver Corp. provided results for fourteen holes from the Napoleon prospect at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width results comprise 3.73 m @ 2.85 gpt Au, 105 gpt Ag, 0.7% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 2.62 m @ 5.51 gpt Au, 476 gpt Ag, 1.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 8.36 m @ 5.58 gpt Au, 372 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.9% Zn (including 2.31 m @ 18.88 gpt Au, 1,306 gpt Ag, 0.7% Pb, 2.1% Zn; 3.21 m @ 0.94 gpt Au, 30 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 3.45 m @ 1.81 gpt Au, 43 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 1.2% Zn; 11.34 m @ 3.11 gpt Au, 88 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 2.1% Zn; 4.87 m @ 3.70 gpt Au, 112 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 1.5% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc. informed on results from seven drill holes from El Favor deposit at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Highlighted core length results comprise: 15.0 m @ 0.41 gpt Au, 136 gpt Ag (including 6.4 m @ 0.80 gpt Au, 258 gpt Ag); 20.6 m @ 0.13 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag; 10.6 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 38 gpt Ag; 6.5 m @ 0.17 gpt Au, 81 gpt Ag; 63.7 m @ 0.11 gpt Au, 47 gpt Ag (including 9.1 m @ 0.54 gpt Au, 186 gpt Ag); 61.3 m @ 0.56 gpt Au, 243 gpt Ag (including 9.3 m @ 2.06 gpt Au, 973 gpt Ag); 9.4 m @ 0.10 gpt Au, 45 gpt Ag; 6.8 m @ 0.12 gpt Au, 136 gpt Ag; 4.8 m @ 0.25 gpt Au, 88 gpt Ag; 14.4 m @ 0.17 gpt Au, 49 gpt Ag; 35.2 m @ 0.17 gpt Au, 43 gpt Ag. “Three of the four major veins (Salomon, Guitarrillas and Los Chivos) appear to converge into a 100m wide zone at the western end of the El Favor deposit in the vicinity of the Hundido Pit….”.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc. entered into a formal surface access agreement with the ejido Noria de Pilares, at its La Joya project in Durango.
- Oroco Resources Corp. received approval by SEMARNAT to conduct a drilling program at its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. The permit allows for 46 drill locations to test the Brasiles gossan zone and the Western blind target, both supported by a 3D IP survey, and nine drill locations on the North zone for confirmation and expansion drilling.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Vizsla Silver Corp. informed on the approval of the proposed plan of arrangement on which Vizsla Silver is to spin-out its British Columbia exploration assets to Vizsla Copper Corp. (Panuco, Sinaloa).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. and Roxgold Inc. informed two leading proxy advisory firms have recommended that both Fortuna and Roxgold shareholders vote for the proposed business combination (San Jose, Oaxaca).
- Benjamin Hill Mining Corp. announced the appointment of David M. Jones, M.Sc., as technical advisor to the company (Sonora Gold, Sonora).
- Orogen Royalties Inc. announced its shares have been qualified to trade on the OTCQX Best Market (Ermitaño, Sonora).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñasquito informed its water purification plant in Cedros has increased its capacity to 400 cubic meters per day. The community, which doubled its population since the development of the mine, receives the water at no cost. There are two other water purification plants run by the company at the Mesas and Charcos communities.
- Greath Panther Mining published its 2020 sustainability report, describing its safety performance, Covid prevention, zero sanctions, decrease in water consumption, community engagement, gender opportunities and diversity policy.
- The Chihuahua Mining Cluster is aiding in the community effort to extinguish forest fires in the Sierra Madre.
- Newmont Corp. launched its first Climate Strategy Report, which outlines the Company’s climate-related risks and opportunities, strategic planning, and pathways to achieving climate targets.
- Industrias Peñoles informed on the reforestation effort with native species in La Laguna region (Coahuila-Durango).
- Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC are to support micro business and auto-development economic proyects in Caborca, Sonora.
On the image below: Sheeted quartz veining in granodioritic intrusive rocks in Sinaloa. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 21st week of the year (May 24th to May 30th, 2021), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, seven companies posted exploration advances on their properties, three presented mining related news, seven posted on financing (C$6M, $60 M, C$5 M, C$10 M, $2.6 M, $C$11.5 M) and one on share distribution, six more on project development or resource definition and two posted on corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CanCham complained on the lack of clear policies and opacity on the rule of law that are affecting Canadian investments in Mexico. The push from the Mexican government to create an institution to manage the lithium industry from the optics of sovereignty sees opposition from the mining industry, and reality. Camimex released a list of mining investments to be realized in the next few years, amounting to several billion dollars. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone Mining applied for drilling permits at Rebeico. Tocvan Ventures released results from drilling at Pilar. In Chihuahua, Kootenay Silver released high-grade results from drilling at Columba. In Durango, Mithril Resources, updated on drilling at Copalquin. In Sinaloa, Riverside Resources released surface sample results; Vizsla Silver informed on geophysical results supported by drilling, and more surveys to come; Brigadier Gold discovered bulk tonnage copper mineralization in trenching of soil anomalies. ON MINING, Impact Silver and Telson Mining presented Q1 2021 results. Magna Gold informed it has exceeded 3 M man-hours of work without lost-time incidents. ON FINANCING, Silver Bull Resources is to distribute 34.2 M shares of Arras Minerals among its shareholders. Six companies informed on financing rounds: Silver Viper Minerals (C$6 M), Vizsla Silver ($60 M), Reyna Silver (C$5 M), Sable Resources (C$10M, Defiance Silver (C$11.5 M) and Mammoth Resources ($2.58 M). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Prime Mining released drilling results from Los Reyes. GR Silver Mining reported near surface drill results from Plomosas. GoGold Resources released drilling results from the Casados deposit at Los Ricos North. Discovery Silver released results from 12 drill holes targeting high-grade vein trends at Cordero. Sailfish Royalty filed a technical report with a new resource estimate for Gavilanes. Discovery Silver updated on exploration at Cordero, with 75,000 m of drilling completed on 178 holes, and four drills continuing the phase 2 program. Golden Tag announced the discovery of a shallow zone of epithermal mineralization at San Diego. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Mexus Gold informed Fresnillo PLC is reviewing its Santa Elena mine. Riverside Resources announced BHP is funding a third year of generative work in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on their policies and programs to aid in education on a wide range of communities. Minera San Xavier informed Cerro San Pedro in San Luis Potosi has been declared as “Cyanide Free Site” by the International Cyanide Management Institute.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- CanCham (Cámara de Comercio de Canadá en México) pointed out that the lack of clear policies and the opacity on rule of law is affecting Canadian investments, which show an 18% decrement in the last year, holding the investment of thousands of millions (Mexican number notation) of dollars in the energy, mining, pharmaceutical and agricultural sectors. These remarks were expressed by Enrique Zorrilla, Cancham’s president, in the meeting between the Commerce ministers of Mexico, Canada and the United States.
- Mexico is preparing its strategy to develop the lithium market. The federal government intends to become a lithium producer by controlling several deposits, Bolivia’s advice and a commerce treatise to facilitate establishing an electric battery factory. The current government senate fraction is preparing a proposal to create the Instituto Nacional del Litio. (Lithium National Institute) and to declare lithium as Nation’s exclusive property (Note. – This federal initiative push misses the point that so far there is not a single lithium mine in Mexico, that its lithium in brines potential is limited at best, and that the economics of lithium extraction from clays -like in the Bacanora Lithium’s deposit in Sonora- is not yet clear).
- Fernando Alanís, president of Camimex (Cámara Minera de México) informed that lithium deposits in Mexico have a very low grade, and lack the technology for its extraction, reason for which the country is far from becoming a world power in lithium production. Lithium presents in three kind of deposits: hard rock (pegmatites), brines (from salt lakes) and clays. Rock and brine lithium extraction accounts for 100% of the world production, whereas the extraction of lithium from clays is very energy intensive and expensive, not having a single producing mine in the entire planet.
- Camimex released a table with the Mexican Mining Developments programmed for the next few years, same that reach US$7,820 Million in investment (Mexican number notation, equivalent to US$7.8 billion).
- Mithril Resources Ltd. provided an update on drilling at its Copalquin project in Durango. The current program main focus is to extend the Refugio ore shoot down dip (presently 600 m along strike, 200 m down dip, 5 m in width), maiden drilling at Los Pinos target, extend three holes and deep exploration drilling at La Soledad and extend near-surface intercepts at El Cometa.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. commenced permitting for drill programs at Guadalupe y Calvo, Chihuahua, and Rebeico, Sonora.
- Riverside Resources Inc. reported surface sample results from its La Silla project in Sinaloa. The highlighted samples from the El Ciruelo and El Roble targets returned 6.1 gpt Au, 80 gpt Ag; 5.6 gpt Au, 81 gpt Ag; 4.4 gpt Au, 35 gpt Ag; 3.5 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag; 3.3 gpt Au, 20 gpt Ag; 2.6 gpt Au, 41 gpt Ag, on quartz veining, gossanous breccia and strongly oxidized andesite. El Ciruelo target extends for at least 1 km with a 1-5 m wide chalcedonic vein zone. El Roble vein extends for at least 300 m, reaching up to 2 m in width, with mineralization occurring also in the host rock.
- Vizsla Silver Corp. provided an update on the recently completed geophysical survey completed at Panuco, in Sinaloa. A fixed loop electromagnetics (FLEM, or EM) was trialed and detected massive sulfide mineralization on the Napoleon and Josephine veins, proved with three massive sulfide intercepts in the latter. The Josephine vein has no known surface expression and runs parallel to the west of the main Napoleon trend. Mineralization at Tajitos is not related to massive sulfides and was not detected with EM. Vizsla is planning a property wide airborne EM-magnetic survey at Panuco.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. announced high-grade results from the 5,000 m core drill program currently underway at Columba, Chihuahua. Highlighted core length intervals in the Hanging-Wall, F, and Footwall veins comprise 1.55 m @ 189 gpt Ag, 0.1%Pb, 0.2% Zn; 1.0 m @ 104 gpt Ag, 0.1% Zn; 2.44 m @ 217 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 2.94 m @ 321 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.6% Zn (including 1.94 m @ 428 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn); 8.0 m @ 130 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.2% Zn (including 2.9 m @ 265 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.5% Zn); 1.95 m @ 104 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 9.0 m @ 354 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 2.63 m @ 809 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn); 30.0 m @ 86 gpt Ag (including 2.37 m @ 425 gpt Ag, 0.2% Zn).
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. announced the discovery of bulk tonnage type copper mineralization at its Picachos project in Sinaloa. Fifty meters on trenching of historic copper anomalies has returned XRF copper values ranging from 0.05 to 1.34% Cu and 20 to 284 ppm Ag. Brigadier has also completed mapping and sampling of the historic La Gloria mine, where a drill hole intercepted 1.0 m @ 6.26 gpt Au.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. released results for the first three holes of its phase-II drill program at Pilar, in Sonora. The drill program consists of 2,900 m of reverse circulation drilling in 17 holes, of which 14 are pending results. Highlighted down-hole intercepts comprise 29 m @ 0.71 gpt Au (including 6.1 m @ 1.9 gpt Au); 24.4 m @ 0.56 gpt Au (including 9.2 m @ 1.3 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag); 6.1 m @ 0.48 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag; 4.6 m @ 0.50 gpt Au, 11 gpt Ag.
- Impact Silver Corp. presented its financial and operating results of Q1 2021. During the period 36.4 K tonnes were processed @ 162 gpt Ag to produce 156.9 K Oz Ag. “continued exploration on the north and south extensions of the Veta Negra Mine, trenching on the bulk tonnage gold target at Manto America in the central part of the district and exploration on the northwest (Pachuqueno) extensions of the Guadalupe Mine”.
- Magna Gold Corp. has exceeded 3 M man-hours of work without lost-time incidents within all its operations, including contractors and suppliers. The last lost-time incident was in 2018, and the mine has not had a fatal accident in its 11 years history.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented its first quarter 2021 financial and operating results. At Campo Morado in Guerrero, 174.4 K tonnes were processed to produce 11,013 tonnes Zn (74% Zn recovery), 1,908 tonnes Pb at cash cost $0.70 per Lb Zn and AISC of $0.90 per Lb Zn. During the period gross revenue was $21.2 M (Q1 2020: $19.0 M) and mine operating profit $5.25 M (Q1 2020: $0.26 M loss).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. announced its intent to distribute 34.2 M shares of Arras Minerals Corp. to Silver Bull shareholders. Silver Bull transferred mineral properties in Kazakhstan and received 36 M shares of Arras in return, making Arras an approximately 88%-owned subsidiary of Silver Bull (Sierra Mojada, Coahuila).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. intends to undertake a non-brokered private placement financing to raise aggregate gross proceeds of up to C$6 M (La Virginia, Sonora).
- Vizsla Silver Corp. entered into an agreement with Canaccord Genuity Corp. on behalf of a syndicate of underwriters to buy units of the company for gross proceeds of $60 M (Panuco, Sinaloa).
- Reyna Silver Corp. entered into an agreement with Eight Capital and Red Cloud Securities Inc. in connection with a private placement intended to raise up to C$5 M (Guigui and Batopilas, Chihuahua).
- Sable Resources Ltd. entered into an agreement with Sprott Capital Partners LP and Eight Capital in connection with a bought deal private placement financing to raise up to C$10 M (Vinata, Chihuahua).
- Mammoth Resources Corp. Announced a non-brokered private placement financing aiming to raise up to $2 M, same that by the next day had been increased to $2.58 M (Tenoriba, Chihuahua).
- Defiance Silver Corp. has increased the size of its previously announced private placement with Red Cloud Securities Inc. for gross proceeds of up to C$11.5 M (Bolañitos and Pinguico, Guanajuato).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Mining Corp. released additional results from its ongoing 15,000 m drill program at Los Reyes, Sinaloa. The Highlighted true width intercepts are from the Guadalupe East, Zapote South and the Estaca vein: 11.6 m @ 8.12 gpt Au, 725 gpt Ag; 5.6 m @ 11.95 gpt Au, 1,221 gpt Ag; 2.1 m @ 21.63 gpt Au, 1,960 gpt Ag; 2.0 m @ 11.17 gpt Au, 909 gpt Ag; 2.4 m @ 2.00 gpt Au, 121 gpt Ag; 1.4 m @ 10.50 gpt Au, 300 gpt Ag; 3.9 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 37 gpt Ag; 0.6 m @ 93.80 gpt Au, 829 gpt Ag.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. reported near surface drill results from the Plomosas mine area in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width intervals comprise 11.9 m @ 84 gpt Ag, 2.3% Pb, 2.7% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 16.7 m @ 7 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 10.8 m @ 3 gpt Ag, 0.20 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 4.2 m @ 10 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.1%Pb, 0.6% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 2.1 m @ 350 gpt Ag, 1.0% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 1.9 m @ 348 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.3% Zn; 1.3 m @ 26 gpt Ag, 0.19 gpt Au, 3.3% Pb, 3.3% Zn; 1.0 m @ 128 gpt Ag, 1.00 gpt Au, 9.0% Pb, 9.7% Zn, 0.2% Cu; 2.6 m @ 45 gpt Ag, 0.60 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 4.7 m @ 187 gpt Ag, 0.18 gpt Au, 2.2% Pb, 1.2% Zn, 0.1% Cu; 2.0 m @ 277 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 1.9 m @ 283 gpt Ag, 0.82 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 1.0% Zn, 0.1% Cu.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results of nine holes on the Casados deposit at the Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Highlighted core length intersects comprise 29.9 m @ 0.25 gpt Au, 70 gpt Ag; 15.5 m @ 0.27 gpt Au, 67 gpt Ag; 34.4 m @ 0.17 gpt Au, 67 gpt Ag; 5.3 m @ 0.65 gpt Au, 305 gpt Ag; 9.2 m @ 0.24 gpt Au, 109 gpt Ag (including 1.9 m @ 0.61 gpt Au, 442 gpt Ag); 60.5 m @ 0.21 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag; 2.1 m @ 0.57 gpt Au, 322 gpt Ag; 54.1 m @ 0.37 gpt Au, 92 gpt Ag; 28.5 m @ 0.43 gpt Au, 100 gpt Ag (including 1.8 m @ 2.09 gpt Au, 418 gpt Ag); 14.0 m @ 0.46 gpt Au, 134 gpt Ag (including 5.3 m @ 1.04 gpt Au, 304 gpt Ag); 2.6 m @ 2.93 gpt Au, 610 gpt Ag.
- Discovery Silver Corp. released results from 12 diamond drill holes testing the Josefina and Todos Santos high-grade vein trends at the Cordero project in Chihuahua. Highlighted intercepts on the Josefina vein trend comprise 41.5 m @ 97 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 1.0% Pb, 2.5% Zn (including 4.1 m @ 520 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 9.8% Zn and 3.3 m @ 182 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 3.4% Pb, 7.1% Zn); 13.1 m @ 112 gpt Ag, 0.13 gpt Au, 1.3% Pb, 2.2% Zn; 36.4 m @ 66 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 87.4 m @ 38 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.2% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 3.6 m @ 343 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.7% Zn; 19.3 m @ 40 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.4% Zn); 22.4 m @ 156 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.3% Zn (including 3.7 m @ 299 gpt Ag, 0.16 gpt Au, 3.9% Pb, 5.7% Zn). The Josefina vein trend includes two subparallel veins that run for 1.5 km, and has been tested to 370 m depth and remains open. The Todos Santos vein trend consists of two closely spaced veins, extends for at least 1.5 km along strike and 400 m of depth in old workings and drill holes. Highlighted intercepts comprise 62.0 m @ 19 gpt Ag, 0.28 gpt Au, 0.1% Pb, 2.0% Zn; 21.4 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 1.9 m @ 113 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 2.4% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 3.7 m @ 96 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 1.8% Pb, 3.0% Zn; 2.1 m @ 160 gpt Ag, 0.27 gpt Au, 3.3% Pb, 3.6% Zn.
- Sailfish Royalty Corp. filed a NI-43-101 technical report and estimate of mineral resources for the Gavilanes project in Durango.
- Discovery Silver Corp. updated on its Cordero project in Chihuahua and informed that by the end of the first quarter 2021 had cash and cash equivalents for $94.7 M. At Cordero 75,000 m of drilling were completed in 178 holes in phase 1 drilling, providing information to be used in the bulk-tonnage preliminary economic assessment (PEA) underway. Phase 2 drilling continues with four rigs, focused on reserve definition, resource expansion and high-grade vein delineation. Bulk tonnage targeted drilling has returned up to 128.2 m @ 65 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 1.2% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 131.6 m @ 48 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn (including 37.1 m @ 119 gpt Ag, 0.22 gpt Au, 1.0% Pb, 1.2% Zn); 110.0 m @ 37 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 85.6 m @ 53 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 1.4% Pb, 1.7% Zn. Drilling on high-grade veins has returned up to 4.1 m @ 520 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 9.8% Zn in the Josefina vein; 4.0 m @ 377 gpt Ag, 0.28 gpt Au, 7.1% Pb, 3.4% Zn in the Todos Santos vein and 4.4 m @ 246 gpt Ag, 0.39 gpt Au, 6.5% Pb, 0.4% Zn on the Parcionera vein.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd. discovered a new zone of epithermal mineralization at the San Diego project in Durango. The new drill hole intercepted 10.0 m @ 0.55 gpt Au, 628 gpt Ag, 1.1% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.12% Cu, in a zone where previous drilling had returned 2.0 m @ 0.33 gpt Au, 161 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.2% Zn, 0.04% Cu; 3.75 m @ 0.32 gpt Au, 125 gpt Ag, 1.5% Pb, 4.0% Zn, 0.12% Cu. “The hole intersected a series of epithermal breccias and quartz-carbonate veins within the Central Diorite intrusion from 73.0 to 92.70 m which are characterized by cavity filling banded quartz and carbonate veins with fluorite and associated sulfides comprised primarily of pyrite, sphalerite, galena, boulangerite, and arsenopyrite”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mexus Gold US. informed personnel from Fresnillo PLC is reviewing its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. The geologists are checking the potential for a disseminated deposit, as well as the quartz vein currently worked by Mexus.
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced BHP and Riverside “have agreed on moving forward with a third year of generative funding for copper exploration in Sonora. The new budget is US$1.3 M for generative exploration work.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on their policies and programs to aid on education in a widespread communities.
- Minera San Xavier has been declared as “Cyanide Free Site” by the International Cyanide Management Institute. Cerro San Pedro is the first mine in the world that has realized the dismantling process of the 110 m high heap that covers 102 hectares (1 square kilometer).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group. On the image below: Quartz-tourmaline breccia from a project in Sinaloa. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 44th week of the year (October 26th to November 1st, 2020), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, eight companies posted exploration advances on their projects, another eight companies posted quarterly reports and six informed on project development. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico is the top silver producer in the world, and a major producer of another eleven metals and minerals. Camimex received the Responsible Industry award. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Riverside Resources commenced drilling at is Cuarentas project; Tocvan Ventures informed on exploration advances at Pilar. In Chihuahua, Radius Gold is preparing the fourth drilling program at Amalia. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver released drilling results from the Copalito project; Vizsla Resources added a fifth rig at Panuco; Brigadier Gold intersected the San Agustín vein at Picachos. In Jalisco, Candente Gold released a high-grade gold result From Cocula. In Puebla, Almaden Minerals is exploring around the Ixtaca project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold is nearing the completion of a leach pad at Santa Elena in Sonora. Santacruz Silver, Capstone Mining, Alamos Gold, Coeur Mining, Agnico Eagle, Newmont, McEwen Mining and Consolidated Zinc released third quarter 2020 results. ON FINANCING, Aztec Minerals received $497 K from share purchase warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Prime Mining released geochemical results from Los Reyes. Inomin Mines submitted a technical report on La Gitana project. Agnico Eagle informed on drilling results at Santa Gertrudis, Sonora. Torex Gold released drilling results from two zones at the El Limón-Guajes mine. Excellon Resources filed a technical report on the Evolución project in Zacatecas. Azure informed on metallurgical testing on the Mesa de Plata deposit at the El Alacrán project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alien Metals intends to market its San Celso and Los Campos projects in Zacatecas. One World Lithium is to do some research on a novel lithium extraction process. Grupo Mexico informed on its 2021 investments. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Grupo Peñoles, Minera Capela, Grupo Peñoles and Minera Cuzcatán informed on health and social programs.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- México is the top silver producer in the world, and is within the ten top producers of fluorite (2nd), sodium sulfate (3rd), celestite (3rd), molybdenum (5th), lead (5th), zinc (6th), magnesium sulfate (6th), gypsum (7th), barite (8th), copper (8th) and gold (9th).
- Camimex (Cámara Minera de México) received the Responsible Industry award by CONCAMIN Foundation.
- Radius Gold Inc. is preparing the phase 4 drilling program at its Amalia project in Chihuahua, operated by Pan American Silver Corp.. The program is to test down dip and lateral expansions of the high-grade mineralization in the San Pedro structure previously defined.
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. informed the three first diamond holes of a 5,000 m program at its Picachos project in Durango have intersected the San Agustín vein up to 125 m below the Nuevo Carrito adit. The three holes test the same vein section at different levels, with the shallower first hole going through underground workings, and the other two intercepting 10 and 7 meters of quartz-carbonate veining respectively. Results pending.
- Riverside Resources Inc. commenced a 2,000 m diamond drill program at the Cuarentas project in Sonora, with partner Hochschild Mining PLC.. The initial targets are the Sant Rosalia mine and the Santa Rosalia Sur vein target area. These target zones are located 1 km apart, within a large epithermal system in which five parallel resistivity anomalies that have been interpreted as possible blind quartz vein zones. “The current drill program will form part of Hochschild’s US$700,000 minimum exploration commitment in year one”.
- Kootenay silver Inc. released results from holes 5 to 33 of the first drill campaign at Copalito, in Sinaloa. The program designed for 3,000 meters ended drilling 4,153 meters in over 40 drill holes. Highlighted intervals comprise 18.0 m @ 63 gpt Ag, 0.15 gpt Au, 0.47% Pb+Zn (including 1.0 m @ 936 gpt Ag, 0.29 gpt Au, 3.31% Pb+Zn); 1.2 m @ 51 gpt Ag, 2.28 gpt Au, 6.18% Pb+Zn; 0.7 m @ 307 gpt Ag, 0.154 gpt Au, 0.15% Pb+Zn; 0.40 m @ 209 gpt Ag, 0.196 gpt Au, 0.67% Pb+Zn; 1.2 m @ 45 gpt Ag, 0.86 gpt Au, 3.46% Pb+Zn; 2.7 m @ 101 gpt Ag, 0.7 gpt Au, 2.28% Pb+Zn (including 0.2 m @ 59 gpt Ag, 7.05 gpt Au, 13.55% Pb+Zn. “Drilling tested 7 of 9 known veins along a cumulative strike length of 2,500 meters of an estimated 10,000 meters of vein length. Mineralized vein widths in drill hole varied from less than one meter to 56 meters. The deepest intercept was 123 meters below surface and graded 0.689 gpt gold, 101 gpt silver, and 2.28% lead plus zinc over 2.7 meters including 7.0 gpt gold, 59 gpt silver and 13.55% lead plus zinc over 0.2 meters”.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. announced a field exploration program in the company’s property surrounding its Ixtaca project in Puebla. The “SE Alteration Zone” covers volcanic hosted clay alteration, and is being assessed by use of satellite alteration studies, geophysical studies and soil, rock and drilling geochemical data. Satellite imagery processes have been able to identify a 150 by 650 meters area in which the presence of the favorable clay buddingtonite is suspected.
- Vizsla Resources Corp. informed a fifth drill rig arrived at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. The company has completed 16,700 m, and intends to complete 31,300 m of diamond drilling in the Napoleon, Cordon del Oro and Animas vein corridors. Four holes have been completed into the Tajitos vein, located 900 m SE of the first Napoleon discovery. “The Tajitos vein zone is composed of a quartz breccia vein with an early white locally banded quartz supporting andesite lithic clasts, followed by a later white to greyish quartz supporting brecciated clasts of earlier white quartz veins. This zone was then cut by a later white to clear quartz vein with local dark bands or patches of fine-grained sulphides that is cutting a zone of quartz pseudomorphs after bladed calcite and pink rhodochrosite. The better grades are in the earlier breccias associated with dark bands or dark patches of very fine-grained disseminated sulphides”.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. informed on exploration advances at the Pilar project in Sonora. A structural analysis has been completed, with gold and silver mineralization being controlled by faults, fault intersections and dilated structures. Rock and grab sample highlighted results include 1.3 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag, 0.34% Cu; 3.2 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.35% Cu; 0.2 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag, 1.25% Cu; 0.9 gpt Au, 17 gpt Ag, 0.73% Cu; 3.8 gpt Au, 57 gpt Ag, 0.85% Cu; nil Au, 6 gpt Ag, 1.91% Cu; 0.1 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 1.40% Cu; 5.6 gpt Au, 84 gpt Ag, 1.71% Pb; 9.3 gpt Au, 76 gpt Ag, 0.12% Cu, 2.15% Pb; 0.5 gpt Au, 323 gpt Ag, 0.24% Pb; 2.2 gpt Au, 15 gpt Ag, 0.26% Pb; 4.3 gpt Au, 172 gpt Ag, 1.12% Pb; 23.7 gpt Au, 116 gpt Ag; 4.4 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag, 0.11% Cu; 7.5 gpt Au, 42 gpt Ag. Drill targets have been selected, and permitting for the program is underway.
- Candente Gold Corp. reported high-grade sample results from its Cocula project in Jalisco. Past reported samples returned 5.67 gpt Au over 6 meters and 4.32 gpt Au over 8 meters, whereas sampling of a selected 10 cm zone in the hanging wall of a quartz vein-breccia returned 59.0 gpt Au, 729 gpt Ag. “The mineralization in the high grade sample is described as dark grey to milky white banded quartz in vein and breccia with galena, pyrite and quartz crystals filling open spaces”. A 0.75 m sample collected adjacent to the selected sample returned 0.18 gpt Au, 19 gpt Ag, comprising “milky white and gray to dark gray quartz breccia vein with fine grained pyrite, +1% galena and trace malachite”.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. Released third quarter results for 2020, with a total of 977.7 K Oz AgEq. At Zimapan in Hidalgo, 164.8 K tonnes were processed @ 73 gpt Ag, 0.72% Pb, 2.40% Zn, 0.33% Cu, recovering 72.3% Ag to produce 282.8 K Oz Ag, 1,048 tonnes Pb, 2,841 tonnes Zn, 395 tonnes Cu (or 921 K Oz AgEq). At Rosario in San Luis Potosi 11,794 tonnes were milled @ 66 gpt Ag, 0.24 gpt Au, 0.31% Pb, 2.06% Zn, recovering 85.9% Ag to produce 21.4 K Oz Ag, 59 Oz Au, 32 tonnes Pb, 200 tonnes Zn (or 56.7 K Oz AgEq). At Veta Grande in Zacatecas, 44 k tonnes were milled @ 99 gpt Ag, 0.24 gpt Au, 1.45% Pb, 2.11% Zn, recovering 44.6% Ag to produce 62.4 K Oz Ag, 139 Oz Au, 370 tonnes Pb, 519 tonnes Zn (or 214.3 K Oz AgEq.
- Mexus Gold US. Informed the construction of a new leach pad is nearing completion at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora.
- Capstone Mining Corp. released production and financial reports for the third quarter 2020, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Cozamin, in Zacatecas, the company produced 10.6 M Lb Cu, at cash cost $0.36 pr Lb Cu.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported third quarter 2020 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Mulatos, in Sonora, 1.32 M tonnes were mined and 1.89 M tonnes stacked @ 0.91 gpt Au, with an average recovery rate of 74% to produce 41,100 Oz Au at cash cost $746 per Oz Au and mine-site AISC of $928 per Oz Au.
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported third quarter 2020 financial results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, 492.5 K tonnes were milled, averaging 2.28 gpt Au, 136 gpt Ag and recovering 91.3% Au, 82.8% Ag to produce 29,296 Oz Au, 1.78 M Oz Ag, at “Adjusted CAS per AuOz” of $602 and “Adjusted CAS per AgOz” of $10.06. “Coeur expects to continue with seven active rigs during the fourth quarter, primarily focusing on resource expansion drilling as well as infill drilling on select targets. Three expansion rigs have recently been mobilized to focus on growing mineralized material between Independencia and the mill”.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. released third quarter results for 2020, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Pinos Altos, in Chihuahua, 558 K tonnes were processed (6,065 tpd) @ 1.89 gpt Au to produce 30,937 Oz Au at cash cost $677 per Oz Au and production cost of $1,071 per Oz Au. High-grade gold mineralization has been extended at the Cubiro deposit by underground drilling, whereas at Reyna de Plata and Reyna de Plata East drilling returned high-grade Au and Ag at shallow depths. At Creston Mascota, a Pinos Altos satellite pit, 188 K tonnes were processed (2,043 tpd) @ 1.19 gpt Au, to produce 6,567 Oz Au at production cost per Oz Au of $1,155 and total cash cost per Oz Au of $771. At La India, in Sonora. 1.56 M tonnes were processed (16,946 tpd) @ 0.72 gpt Au to produce 22,776 Oz Au at production costs per Oz Au of $707 and total cash cost per Oz Au of $740.
- Newmont. Released third quarter 2020 results including some figures from its operations in Mexico. At Peñasquito, in Zacatecas, 130,000 Oz Au were sold, with an AISC of $835 per Oz Au. Also 215,000 Oz of AuEq were sold, with an AISC of $735 per Oz AuEq.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported production results for the third quarter 2020, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At El Gallo, in Sinaloa, residual leaching produced 1,900 Oz AuEq.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. informed on quarterly activities ended on September 30, 2020. On-site processing and a plant refurbishment plan were approved. During the quarter 10,053 tonnes of ore were mined,, 10,352 tonnes of ore processed @ 12.2 % Zn, 7.9% Pb, 48 gpt Ag with recoveries of 69.1% for Zn, and 36.2% for Pb. The operating cost was $1.05 per Lb Zn.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. received an aggregate of $497 K from the exercise of share purchase warrants (Cervantes, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Mining Corp. released surface and underground sampling results from its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Some of the underground highlighted results: 4.5 m @ 0.84 gpt Au, 38 gpt Ag; 6 m @ 0.76 gpt Au, 24 gpt Ag; 46 m @ 2.21 gpt Au, 95 gpt Ag (including 2 m @ 29 gpt Au, 226 gpt Ag); 19.5 m @ 1.69 gpt Au, 62 gpt Ag. Some of the highlighted trench results: 21 m @ 0.48 gpt Au, 43 gpt Ag; 9 m @ 0.82 gpt Au, 96 gpt Ag. The company states these results continue to show resource expansion potential.
- Inomin Mines Inc. has submitted a technical report to the Exchange as part of the information requested by the Exchange to complete the acquisition of the La Gitana project in Oaxaca.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. informed on exploration at its 44,145 ha Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora. During the third quarter 2020 drilling at Santa Gertrudis totaled 21 holes (7,856 m) focused on expanding mineral resources and exploring for new mineralized structures in the Trinidad trend, which contains the Amelia deposit and the Espiritu Santo zone. Some highlighted results from the Amelia and Espiritu Santo: 6.5 m @ 1.2 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag; 5.5 m @ 0.9 gpt Au, 142 gpt Ag; 4.5 m @ 2.8 gpt Au, 11 gpt Ag; 10.3 m @ 1.3 gpt Au, 1 gpt Ag; 4.6 m @ 2.2 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag; 5.6 m @ 3.2 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag; 11.5 m @ 1.6 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag; 10.5 m @ 2.6 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag; 4.2 m @ 5.6 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. released drill results from the ongoing program at El Limón-Guajes underground mine, which includes the Sub-Sill deposit and the El Limón Deep deposit. At the Sub-Sill deposit, highlighted core-length intercepts comprise 9.1 m @ 30.70 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 0.07% Cu; 12.2 m @ 23.88 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 0.10% Cu; 18.9 m @ 14.85 gpt Au, 30 gpt Ag, 1.73% Cu; 19.6 m @ 6.34 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 0.40% Cu; 15.4 m @ 17.03 gpt Au, 13 gpt Ag, 0.49% Cu; 28.5 m @ 13.11 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 0.1% Cu; 11.8 m @ 21.60 gpt Au, 29 gpt Ag, 1.29% Cu. At the El Limón Deep deposit, highlighted core length intercepts comprise 6.9 m @ 20.37 gpt Au, 12 gpt Ag, 0.15% Cu; 13.2 m @ 15.98 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag, 0.79% Cu; 9.8 m @ 10.90 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag, 0.10% Cu; 15.5 m @ 9.55 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag, 0.07% Cu; 10.0 m @ 9.20 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.19% Cu.
- Excellon Resources Inc. filed a technical report on the Evolución polymetallic project in Zacatecas. The updated mineral resource estimate forwards an indicated resource of 6.4 M tonnes @ 64 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 1.00% Pb, 1.14% Zn containing 13.15 M Oz Ag, 19 K Oz Au, 140.7 M Lb Pb, 161.5 M Lb Zn (or 35.1 M Oz AgEq) and inferred resources of 14.96 M tonnes @ 39 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 0.75% Pb, 1.15% Zn, containing 18.5 M Oz Ag, 49 K Oz Au, 247.5 M Lb Pb, 377.7 M Lb Zn (or 64.8 M Oz AgEq).
- Azure Minerals Ltd. informed it has sent three metallurgical samples from the Mesa de Plata deposit on its Alacrán project in Sonora, to be tested. The new metallurgical tests will be focused in recovering a silver mineral, romeite by gravity separation methods. “The tailings from the gravity separation will then undergo grinding, flotation and cyanide leaching to maximise the overall silver recovery”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alien Metals Ltd. Informed that “following the recent earn-transaction with Capstone Mining regarding the Donovan 2 Cu-Au project in Zacatecas, the company is looking to a similar marketing process for its San Celso and Los Campos projects, also in Zacatecas.
- One World Lithium Inc. is to implement a proof of concept program for a lithium separation innovative technology. The program is estimated to take three months and cost CAD$100 K. “The parties have agreed to complete a formal agreement if the Technology is proven to have commercial applications. Such an agreement would include cash payments, issuance of common shares and a royalty payment from OWL” (Salar del Diablo, Baja California).
- Grupo Mexico. informed investments for US $2.1 billion. The resources are destined to mining projects like Tía María in Perú, as well to investments on its rail services, wind plants and terminals.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Grupo Peñoles and the municipal government at Sombrerete, Zacatecas) realized free Covid tests in the community.
- Industrias Peñoles and Oxxo in Zacatecas provided Covid protection material to the municipality.
- Grupo Mexico and Grupo Peñoles allied with the Sombrerete municipal government to realize fast Covid-19 tests.
- Minera Capela Peñoles funded the construction of a school wall in Teloloapan, Guerrero.
- Compañía Minera Cuzcatán initiated a scholarship program to benefit 134 students in San José del Progreso in Oaxaca.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: The porphyry from Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosí. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Valterra Resource Corporation (“Valterra” or the “Company”) reported today that results from its recently completed surface sampling and a DCIP geophysical program on the Los Reyes Cu-Au project, southern Chihuahua, Mexico has identified several new priority drill targets.
VANCOUVER, BC / September 25, 2019 / Ridgestone Mining Inc. (TSX.V: RMI) (OTCQB: RIGMF) (“Ridgestone Mining”) wishes to report results of historical rock chip samples obtained by the Servicio Geológico Mexicano (“SGM”) from artisanal workings located within the company’s newly acquired “Alaska” group of mining claims. These claims are located immediately west and northeast of the Rebeico Gold –Copper project, Sonora, Mexico.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – (September 9th, 2019) Oroco Resource Corp. (TSX-V: OCO) (“Oroco” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the filing on SEDAR of an Independent Geological Report (the “Report”) on the Santo Tomás concessions (“the Property”) in Northwestern Mexico. The Report, dated August 22, 2019, has been prepared by Dane A. Bridge Consulting Inc. (“Bridge Consulting”) of Calgary, Alberta, for filing by the Company with the TSX Venture Exchange (the “TSXV”) in connection with the Company’s option to acquire Altamura Copper Corp. (“Altamura”).
By Jorge Cirett
During the 34th week of the year (August 19th to August 25th, 2019), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Charcas municipality in San Luis Potosi is awaiting for a favorable resolution by the Supreme Court on the use of the Mining Fund. ON EXPLORATION, in Baja California, One World Lithium plans a diamond drilling campaign at its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Minaurum Gold released drilling results on its Alamos Silver project. In Durango, Canasil updated on exploration of its Salamandra, Nora, and Vizcaino projects. In Zacatecas, Canasil updated on exploration of La Esperanza. In Oaxaca, Megastar reported interesting surface sample results at its Yautepec project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold continues piling material on the heaps at its Santa Elena mine. Fortuna Silver reported an underground fatality at the San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Discovery Metals granted options to officers, directors, employees and consultants. SilverCrest Metals closed a private placement for C$4.56 M. Argonaut Gold entered into an agreement for gross proceeds of C$4 M. Avino Silver granted options and 1.73 M restricted share units to its directors, officers, employees and consultants. Millrock received an extension regarding the filing of documents in respect of a private placement. Kootenay Silver closed its non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $5 M. Tamino Minerals intends to raise capital. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aura Minerals reported that a geophysical survey indicates a mineralised body might open to depth at its Aranzazu mine, in Zacatecas. SilverCrest Metals received the explosives permit, acquired water rights and paid the remaining mining concessions at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Magna Gold completed the acquisition of Las Marias and Las Cabanas groups of concessions in Sonora, adjacent to its flagship Mercedes project. GoGold renegotiated the acquisition agreement on Los Ricos property, Jalisco, to speed up the purchase and lower the amount of the full transaction by $5.4 M. Torex Gold hedged the production of 96 K Oz Au. Bacanora Lithium presented an update on the approval of Ganfeng Lithium investment on Bacanora by the Chinese authorities. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. No relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining municipalities in San Luis Potosi demand to receive the Mining Fund. The municipality of Charcas, in San Luis Potosi, presented a legal complaint to the Supreme Court to avoid the use of these funds (gathered by the payment on a royalty from mining proceeds) for programs unrelated to mining. The municipality president, Manuel López Lara, said these resources are needed to provide vital infrastructure to the community, and that they are awaiting a favorable resolution by the Supreme Court.
- One World Lithium Inc. appointed Montgomery and Associates as operator for its upcoming drill programs on its Salar del Diablo lithium brine project in Baja California. Initially four diamond holes are to be drilled to 600 m depth to collect 20 groundwater samples at specified depths using a depth specific packer system.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. released further drill results from its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. With the latest results Minaurum has now tested 14 of the 20 veins systems in the project. Highlighted recent results comprise 3.80 m @ 415 gpt Ag, 2.68 gpt Au, 1.37% Cu, 6.2% Pb, 9.2% Zn (including 0.95 m @ 1,566 gpt Ag, 6.72 gpt Au, 4.48% Cu, 9.3% Pb, 10.1% Zn); 0.95 m @ 425 gpt Ag, 0.32% Cu, 3.2% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 1.95 m @ 261 gpt Ag; 0.90 m @ 337 gpt Ag; 0.90 m @ 307 gpt Ag; 1.05 m @ 134 gpt Ag, 0.31% Cu, 1.2% Pb, 3.9% Zn. Minaurum reports high grade silver intercepts in 10 of the 14 veins drilled to date, and plans to drill six more vein systems before beginning follow-up drilling on veins that have the potential to host volumes of high-grade mineralization similar to that of the historic Quintera and Promontorio mines.
- Canasil Resources Inc. presented a review of its main projects in central Mexico. At La Esperanza, in Zacatecas, there is a series of epithermal veins on a 15 km long corridor, with drilling at the La Esperanza vein returning up 11.23 m true width (TW) @ 219 gpt Ag, 0.74 gpt Au, 0.9% Zn, 0.4% Pb (including 1.11 m @ 2,281 gpt Ag, 6.39 gpt Au, 2.2% Zn, 1.2% Pb. At Salamandra, in Durango, a rhyolite dome intruding sedimentary rocks has returned drill intercepts of up to 9.5 m @ 102 gpt Ag, 0.5% Zn; 10.0 m @ 71 gpt Ag, 3.5% Zn, 1.3% Pb; 7.89 m @ 166 gpt Ag, 1.2% Cu, 1.2% Zn, 0.6% Pb (including 2.30 m @ 393 gpt Ag, 3.6% Cu, 2.8% Zn, 0.4% Pb). At Nora, in Durango, samples on epithermal veins have returned up to 1.0 m @ 1.98 gpt Au, 514 gpt Ag, 1.03% Cu, 3.3% Zn, 4.4 % Pb. At Vizcaino, in Zacatecas, the gold-anomalous Pamplona vein is 1 to 12 m in width over 2 km of length, with chalcedonic quartz hosted in rhyolites.
- Megastar Development Corp. reported assay results from surface sampling at its Yautepec property in Oaxaca. Results from a sinter zone and a bounding quartz vein of 162 samples returned up to 308 gpt Ag, 1.07 gpt Au, 99 ppm Cu, 464 ppm Pb, 548 ppm Zn, 102 ppm Mo, 92,600 ppm (9.26%) As, 307 ppm Sb. These high numbers are very encouraging on a high-level epithermal system like the one exposed at this project.
- Mexus Gold US. has piled 4,000 tons @ 2.8 gpt Au on the heap for leaching at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake for First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reports a fatal accident involving a contractor’s employee at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. “The accident involved a scooptram operating underground, and the individual fatally injured was the driver”.
- Discovery Metals Corp. granted 5.3 M options to certain officers, directors, employees and/or consultants (Puerto Rico, Coahuila).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. closed the private placement with SSR Mining Inc., pursuant to which SSR elected to exercise its equity participation right to maintain a 9.9% interest in SilverCrest by investing C$4.56 M. Upon closing of this transaction, SSR Mining holds 9,000,645 common shares of SilverCrest (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Argonaut Gold Inc. entered into an agreement with Cormark Securities Inc. to act as lead underwriter of a syndicate of underwriters that are to buy shares of the company for aggregate gross proceeds of C$4 M (La Colorada, Sonora).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. granted 526 K incentive options and 1.73 M restricted share units to its directors, officers, employees and consultants (Avino, Durango).
- Millrock Resources Inc. announced the TSX Venture Exchange granted Millrock an extension of the deadline to file materials in respect of the private placement financing previously announced (Batamote, Sonora).
- Sable Resources Ltd. announced the completion of distribution of 29.9 M common shares of Talisker Resources Ltd. to shareholders of the company. “The distribution of the Talisker Shares was effected as a reduction in the stated capital of the common shares of the Company…. The Company previously received the Talisker Shares in consideration for the assignment of certain mineral resource properties located in the Province of British Columbia on April 18, 2019” (Margarita, Chihuahua).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. closed its non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $5 M. Finder fees totaling $200 K were paid to Mackie Research Capital Corp. with 1.25 M common shares issued and 625 K warrants (La Cigarra, Chihuahua).
- Tamino Minerals Inc. announced its intentions to raise capital. Currently Tamino has issued 370.6 M shares, of which 220.8 M are restricted and 149.8 M are deemed free trading (El Volcan, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc. reported that a geophysical study at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas suggests the Glory Hole skarn may open down dip for a further 500 to 700 m from the current resource base, and also down plunge to southeast towards Cabrestante, which may represent potential for an increase of life of mine if confirmed by drilling.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. received approval from Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional (SEDENA) for the operational storage and use of explosives at its Las Chispas Project in Sonora. SilverCrest also acquired local water rights for Las Chispas and exercised its last outstanding option agreement to fully acquire the remaining four of the 28 concessions at Las Chispas, thereby obtaining 100% ownership in all Las Chispas mining concessions containing vein mineral resources.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Magna Gold Corp. completed the acquisition of the Las Marias property and las Cabanas mineral claims in Sonora“. Las Marias Property consists of 7 mining concessions covering 646 hectares adjacent to the Mercedes Property and Las Cabanas consists of 2 claims covering 248 hectares located approximately 10 km south-west of the Mercedes Property in Sonora, Mexico. The total purchase price for the new mineral concessions and other rights was $250,000 and the issuance of 1,000,000 common shares.”
- GoGold Resources Inc. replaced the original option agreement for the Los Ricos property in Jalisco for a concession agreement. GoGold is now required to make a $500 K payment upon signing, $3.22 M to be paid on installments over 24 months, and 9.05 M shares of GoGold common shares to be delivered in equal numbers over 24 months. In addition, the company entered into an agreement to acquire the existing 2% NSR for $1 M in equal installments over 36 months and 4.87 M shares delivered in equal numbers over an 18 month period. This agreement is stated to save GoGold $5.4 M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. entered into a series of no-cost collar hedges, with 96 K Oz Au hedged over the next 12 months. “The floor price of the monthly gold collars has been set at $1,400/oz with the ceiling price of the collars ranging from $1,666/oz in September 2019 to $1,768/oz in August 2020.”
- Bacanora Lithium PLC. informed the agreements with Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd. have been submitted to the Chinese authorities for approval and completion. With the already received approvals by the PRC Ministry of Commerce and the National Development and Reform Commission, it is anticipated that the final approval from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange will be received following a Ganfeng board meeting to be held in the coming weeks (Sonora Lithium project, Sonora).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Ricardo Ramonett collecting a stream sediment sample in Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett