VANCOUVER, British Columbia – (September 9th, 2019) Oroco Resource Corp. (TSX-V: OCO) (“Oroco” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the filing on SEDAR of an Independent Geological Report (the “Report”) on the Santo Tomás concessions (“the Property”) in Northwestern Mexico. The Report, dated August 22, 2019, has been prepared by Dane A. Bridge Consulting Inc. (“Bridge Consulting”) of Calgary, Alberta, for filing by the Company with the TSX Venture Exchange (the “TSXV”) in connection with the Company’s option to acquire Altamura Copper Corp. (“Altamura”).
By Jorge Cirett
During the 34th week of the year (August 19th to August 25th, 2019), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Charcas municipality in San Luis Potosi is awaiting for a favorable resolution by the Supreme Court on the use of the Mining Fund. ON EXPLORATION, in Baja California, One World Lithium plans a diamond drilling campaign at its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Minaurum Gold released drilling results on its Alamos Silver project. In Durango, Canasil updated on exploration of its Salamandra, Nora, and Vizcaino projects. In Zacatecas, Canasil updated on exploration of La Esperanza. In Oaxaca, Megastar reported interesting surface sample results at its Yautepec project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold continues piling material on the heaps at its Santa Elena mine. Fortuna Silver reported an underground fatality at the San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Discovery Metals granted options to officers, directors, employees and consultants. SilverCrest Metals closed a private placement for C$4.56 M. Argonaut Gold entered into an agreement for gross proceeds of C$4 M. Avino Silver granted options and 1.73 M restricted share units to its directors, officers, employees and consultants. Millrock received an extension regarding the filing of documents in respect of a private placement. Kootenay Silver closed its non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $5 M. Tamino Minerals intends to raise capital. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aura Minerals reported that a geophysical survey indicates a mineralised body might open to depth at its Aranzazu mine, in Zacatecas. SilverCrest Metals received the explosives permit, acquired water rights and paid the remaining mining concessions at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Magna Gold completed the acquisition of Las Marias and Las Cabanas groups of concessions in Sonora, adjacent to its flagship Mercedes project. GoGold renegotiated the acquisition agreement on Los Ricos property, Jalisco, to speed up the purchase and lower the amount of the full transaction by $5.4 M. Torex Gold hedged the production of 96 K Oz Au. Bacanora Lithium presented an update on the approval of Ganfeng Lithium investment on Bacanora by the Chinese authorities. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. No relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining municipalities in San Luis Potosi demand to receive the Mining Fund. The municipality of Charcas, in San Luis Potosi, presented a legal complaint to the Supreme Court to avoid the use of these funds (gathered by the payment on a royalty from mining proceeds) for programs unrelated to mining. The municipality president, Manuel López Lara, said these resources are needed to provide vital infrastructure to the community, and that they are awaiting a favorable resolution by the Supreme Court.
- One World Lithium Inc. appointed Montgomery and Associates as operator for its upcoming drill programs on its Salar del Diablo lithium brine project in Baja California. Initially four diamond holes are to be drilled to 600 m depth to collect 20 groundwater samples at specified depths using a depth specific packer system.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. released further drill results from its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. With the latest results Minaurum has now tested 14 of the 20 veins systems in the project. Highlighted recent results comprise 3.80 m @ 415 gpt Ag, 2.68 gpt Au, 1.37% Cu, 6.2% Pb, 9.2% Zn (including 0.95 m @ 1,566 gpt Ag, 6.72 gpt Au, 4.48% Cu, 9.3% Pb, 10.1% Zn); 0.95 m @ 425 gpt Ag, 0.32% Cu, 3.2% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 1.95 m @ 261 gpt Ag; 0.90 m @ 337 gpt Ag; 0.90 m @ 307 gpt Ag; 1.05 m @ 134 gpt Ag, 0.31% Cu, 1.2% Pb, 3.9% Zn. Minaurum reports high grade silver intercepts in 10 of the 14 veins drilled to date, and plans to drill six more vein systems before beginning follow-up drilling on veins that have the potential to host volumes of high-grade mineralization similar to that of the historic Quintera and Promontorio mines.
- Canasil Resources Inc. presented a review of its main projects in central Mexico. At La Esperanza, in Zacatecas, there is a series of epithermal veins on a 15 km long corridor, with drilling at the La Esperanza vein returning up 11.23 m true width (TW) @ 219 gpt Ag, 0.74 gpt Au, 0.9% Zn, 0.4% Pb (including 1.11 m @ 2,281 gpt Ag, 6.39 gpt Au, 2.2% Zn, 1.2% Pb. At Salamandra, in Durango, a rhyolite dome intruding sedimentary rocks has returned drill intercepts of up to 9.5 m @ 102 gpt Ag, 0.5% Zn; 10.0 m @ 71 gpt Ag, 3.5% Zn, 1.3% Pb; 7.89 m @ 166 gpt Ag, 1.2% Cu, 1.2% Zn, 0.6% Pb (including 2.30 m @ 393 gpt Ag, 3.6% Cu, 2.8% Zn, 0.4% Pb). At Nora, in Durango, samples on epithermal veins have returned up to 1.0 m @ 1.98 gpt Au, 514 gpt Ag, 1.03% Cu, 3.3% Zn, 4.4 % Pb. At Vizcaino, in Zacatecas, the gold-anomalous Pamplona vein is 1 to 12 m in width over 2 km of length, with chalcedonic quartz hosted in rhyolites.
- Megastar Development Corp. reported assay results from surface sampling at its Yautepec property in Oaxaca. Results from a sinter zone and a bounding quartz vein of 162 samples returned up to 308 gpt Ag, 1.07 gpt Au, 99 ppm Cu, 464 ppm Pb, 548 ppm Zn, 102 ppm Mo, 92,600 ppm (9.26%) As, 307 ppm Sb. These high numbers are very encouraging on a high-level epithermal system like the one exposed at this project.
- Mexus Gold US. has piled 4,000 tons @ 2.8 gpt Au on the heap for leaching at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake for First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reports a fatal accident involving a contractor’s employee at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. “The accident involved a scooptram operating underground, and the individual fatally injured was the driver”.
- Discovery Metals Corp. granted 5.3 M options to certain officers, directors, employees and/or consultants (Puerto Rico, Coahuila).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. closed the private placement with SSR Mining Inc., pursuant to which SSR elected to exercise its equity participation right to maintain a 9.9% interest in SilverCrest by investing C$4.56 M. Upon closing of this transaction, SSR Mining holds 9,000,645 common shares of SilverCrest (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Argonaut Gold Inc. entered into an agreement with Cormark Securities Inc. to act as lead underwriter of a syndicate of underwriters that are to buy shares of the company for aggregate gross proceeds of C$4 M (La Colorada, Sonora).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. granted 526 K incentive options and 1.73 M restricted share units to its directors, officers, employees and consultants (Avino, Durango).
- Millrock Resources Inc. announced the TSX Venture Exchange granted Millrock an extension of the deadline to file materials in respect of the private placement financing previously announced (Batamote, Sonora).
- Sable Resources Ltd. announced the completion of distribution of 29.9 M common shares of Talisker Resources Ltd. to shareholders of the company. “The distribution of the Talisker Shares was effected as a reduction in the stated capital of the common shares of the Company…. The Company previously received the Talisker Shares in consideration for the assignment of certain mineral resource properties located in the Province of British Columbia on April 18, 2019” (Margarita, Chihuahua).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. closed its non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $5 M. Finder fees totaling $200 K were paid to Mackie Research Capital Corp. with 1.25 M common shares issued and 625 K warrants (La Cigarra, Chihuahua).
- Tamino Minerals Inc. announced its intentions to raise capital. Currently Tamino has issued 370.6 M shares, of which 220.8 M are restricted and 149.8 M are deemed free trading (El Volcan, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc. reported that a geophysical study at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas suggests the Glory Hole skarn may open down dip for a further 500 to 700 m from the current resource base, and also down plunge to southeast towards Cabrestante, which may represent potential for an increase of life of mine if confirmed by drilling.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. received approval from Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional (SEDENA) for the operational storage and use of explosives at its Las Chispas Project in Sonora. SilverCrest also acquired local water rights for Las Chispas and exercised its last outstanding option agreement to fully acquire the remaining four of the 28 concessions at Las Chispas, thereby obtaining 100% ownership in all Las Chispas mining concessions containing vein mineral resources.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Magna Gold Corp. completed the acquisition of the Las Marias property and las Cabanas mineral claims in Sonora“. Las Marias Property consists of 7 mining concessions covering 646 hectares adjacent to the Mercedes Property and Las Cabanas consists of 2 claims covering 248 hectares located approximately 10 km south-west of the Mercedes Property in Sonora, Mexico. The total purchase price for the new mineral concessions and other rights was $250,000 and the issuance of 1,000,000 common shares.”
- GoGold Resources Inc. replaced the original option agreement for the Los Ricos property in Jalisco for a concession agreement. GoGold is now required to make a $500 K payment upon signing, $3.22 M to be paid on installments over 24 months, and 9.05 M shares of GoGold common shares to be delivered in equal numbers over 24 months. In addition, the company entered into an agreement to acquire the existing 2% NSR for $1 M in equal installments over 36 months and 4.87 M shares delivered in equal numbers over an 18 month period. This agreement is stated to save GoGold $5.4 M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. entered into a series of no-cost collar hedges, with 96 K Oz Au hedged over the next 12 months. “The floor price of the monthly gold collars has been set at $1,400/oz with the ceiling price of the collars ranging from $1,666/oz in September 2019 to $1,768/oz in August 2020.”
- Bacanora Lithium PLC. informed the agreements with Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd. have been submitted to the Chinese authorities for approval and completion. With the already received approvals by the PRC Ministry of Commerce and the National Development and Reform Commission, it is anticipated that the final approval from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange will be received following a Ganfeng board meeting to be held in the coming weeks (Sonora Lithium project, Sonora).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Ricardo Ramonett collecting a stream sediment sample in Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett
Vancouver, BC, Canada, August 22, 2019 – Megastar Development Corp. (“Megastar”, or the “Company”) (TSX-V: MDV; Frankfurt: M5QN), an early stage mineral exploration company focused on its properties in Oaxaca, Mexico, is pleased to announce recently received sample results from a second period of reconnaissance fieldwork at its Yautepec Project in Oaxaca state, Mexico.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – (June 7th, 2019) Oroco Resource Corp. (TSX-V: OCO) (“Oroco” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the receipt of the initial draft of an Independent Technical Report regarding the Geology, Mineralization, and Exploration of the Santo Tomas Cu-(Mo-Au-Ag) Porphyry Deposit in Sinaloa, Mexico (“the Technical Report”). The Technical Report has been prepared by Dane A. Bridge Consulting Inc. of Calgary, Alberta, for use by the Company and by Altamura Copper Corp. (“Altamura”) for filing as a Technical Report with Canadian securities authorities pursuant to National Instrument 43-101, Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, per the NI 43-101F guidelines.
Core from the Sirio project was displayed at PDAC 2019 in Toronto. This is a poprhyry copper style system drilled by ProDeMin.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 18th week of the year (April 29th to May 5th, 2019), at least 35 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Newmont Goldcorp Corp. informed on the intention to temporarily suspend operations at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas, due to an illegal blockade lasting for more than a month now. More than 300 mine employees protested outside the Zacatecas Congress, accusing José Narro, senator by Morena (the president’s party) of instigating the blockade. Drill core from La Xora project in Nayarit was added to The Mexican Core Shack. ON EXPLORATION, Nine companies presented advances in the exploration of their properties: In Baja, One World Lithium has received the permits to drill its Salar Del Diablo property. In Sonora, Sonoro Metals disclosed assays for the first 15 RC holes of the second drilling campaign; Ridgestone updated the work done to date at Rebeico; Minaurum staked a large chunk of ground at its Alamos project. In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce released surface sample results from its Pino de Plata project; Radius Gold released exciting results from the first hole of the second drilling campaign at Amalia; Kootenay Silver has initiated drill road construction for its incoming campaign at Columba. In Jalisco, GoGold released results from its drilling campaign at Los Ricos. In Zacatecas, Alien Gold updated on the exploration effort at its Donovan 2 property. ON MINING, nine companies presented its first quarter 2019 results, while one company presented its 2018 results. ON FINANCING, First Mining, and Prize Mining are to raise $6 M and $1.5 M respectively. Leagold Mining secured a 200 M term loan and a 200 M revolving credit. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold received notice of a civil claim from a former Rye Patch shareholder.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Newmont Goldcorp Corp. informed on the intention to temporarily suspend operations at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas (one of the largest in Mexico, produced 272 K Oz Au in 2018), due to an illegal blockade by a trucking contractor and some members of the Cedros community that began on March 27, 2019. The company announced on April 9 that the trucking contracts will now be signed with independent truckers, to their economic benefit and to avoid the repeated extortion blockades by the current trucking contractor. Newmont Goldcorp denounced that the blockader’s public claims that focus in water quality and employment, turn in a direct petition for large amounts of money when done privately. The company asks for help from the Mexican and Zacatecan authorities to resolve the illegal blockade that affects the income of more than 20 thousand persons, directly or indirectly. On a different event, about 300 employees of Minera Peñasquito, protested outside the Zacatecas Congress against the illegal blockade that keeps paralyzed the Peñasquito mine. The protesters accused Jose Narro, senator by the president party, Morena, and his acolyte Felipe Pinedo of blackmailing the company with false water contamination statements.
- Core from La Xora project, in Nayarit, was added to the Mexican Core Shack (https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/), under the epithermal low sulphidation section.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. reported assay results from the first 15 reverse circulation holes of the second phase drilling program at its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. All holes encountered gold mineralization, which extend mineralization 1.25 Km NW from the Central Zone, where the first drill campaign defined a series of NW striking structures, outlining three shallow bulk tonnage oxidized mineralized zones in metasedimentary and volcanic rocks. Previously reported results come from the Central Zone prospects Japoneses, Abejas, El Colorado and Guadalupe, whereas the new drill holes tested El Rincon, Gloria, El Boludito, and Veta de Oro zones. Highlighted results comprise 10.67 m @ 2.73 gpt AuEq; 3.05 m @ 5.48 gpt AuEq; 10.67 m @ 0.74 gpt AuEq; 6.1 m @ 0.80 gpt AuEq; 15.24 m @ 1.05 gpt AuEq.
- Alien Metals Ltd. updated on its exploration work at its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas. Work to date supports indications of volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) mineralisation on multiple target areas open along strike, with surface assays of up to 3.3% Cu, 0.25% Zn. Currently there are magnetic, chargeabilty and resistivity anomalies, and a gravity survey underway is to refine the targets on this project, which is 24 kilometers from Teck’s San Nicolas deposit.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. announced that exploration work to date on its Rebeico property in Sonora defined the 1.2 km long Alaska vein and intensely altered breccia zones SW of the vein, carrying Cu, Au and Ag values, as well as bismuth anomalies. An 18 line-kilometer induced polarization (IP) survey identified a chargeability anomaly below the breccia zone. A 12 hole 1,430 m diamond drill program tested 500 m of the Alaska vein. Eight of the twelve holes intersected significant grades, including: 0.80 m @ 1.41% Cu, 2.95 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 2.78% Cu, 8.69 gpt Au; 1.40 m @ 3.25 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.39 gpt Au; 1.0 m @ 0.30% Cu, 5.61 gpt Au; 3.25 m @ 2.41% Cu, 8.31 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.22% Cu, 36.10 gpt Au.
- One World Lithium Inc. has received the permit required to start its 12 hole, 4,250 m drilling program at its Salar del Diablo property in Baja California. The company intends to test three geophysical anomalies, a geochemical anomaly, and structures that may trap and concentrate brines. The Salar del Diablo Property has never been drilled in the past.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. released surface sample results from its Pino de Plata property in Chihuahua. The samples returned 19 gpt Ag, 16 gpt Ag, 2 gpt Ag, 1,1,30 gpt Ag, 123 gpt Ag, 95 gpt Ag and 255 gpt Ag; up to 0.19 gpt Au, up to 802 ppm Cu, up to 3.7% Pb on samples 0.2 to 1.0 m in length. The two targets in the area comprise El Terrero and the Gossan area. At El Terrero, a 32 hectares zone “of multiple flat-lying brecciated zones hosted by a zone of strong argillic alteration” is the target, while at the Gossan area a series of hornfels and skarns developed near an intrusive contact may host massive sulphide replacement bodies associated to structures.
- Radius Gold Inc. reported the first results from the second diamond drill campaign at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. The program is operated by Radius and funded by Pan American Silver Corp. under a JV agreement by Which Pan American can earn an initial 65% by making cash payments totaling US$1.5 M (of which US$100 K have been paid) and spending US$2 M on exploration over four years. The first hole in this campaign intersected 44 m @ 12.38 gpt Au, 309 gpt Ag, including 11 m @ 39.9 gpt Au, 323 gpt Ag. The estimated true width of the zone is 34 m, consisting of “an epithermal breccia and quartz sulphide stockwork vein zone ” located on or near to the contact between overlying Tertiary rhyolitic ignimbrite and the footwall andesite volcaniclastics of the Late Cretaceous Tarahumara Formation. Diorite dykes appear to be emplaced along the fault zone and are associated with mineralization”.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. staked an additional 20,872 hectares on its Alamos project in Sonora. Additionally, mapping has revealed four new vein zones: Rosario, La Dura Oeste, La Dura and La Tijera. These four zones bring the total of veins zones of the district to twenty. The Rosario vein has been traced for 500 m, with samples assaying 304 gpt Ag and 227 gpt Ag over 1 m and 675 gpt Ag, 1.0% Cu, 0.9% Pb over 2 m. The La Dura Oeste vein has been traced for 550 m, returning assays of 30 gpt Ag, 3.4% Cu and 37 gpt Ag, 4.3% Pb. La Dura vein returned 123 gpt Ag, 2.% Cu over 0.5 m. La Tijera vein was traced for 750 m, with three samples returning 23- 36 gpt Ag, 0.41 – 0.77% Cu, up to 0.1% Pb, up to 0.15% Zn over 0.1 to 0.3 m.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. has initiated the road construction for the drilling of its Columba property in Chihuahua. The property covers a low sulphidation epithermal system with numerous veins ranging on 200 m to up to 2 km of strike length. Over 1,000 m of underground workings are present, including four shafts and six drifts, with historic records indicating grades between 600 and 900 gpt Ag.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results from its recently acquired Los Ricos property in Jalisco. Highlighted diamond drill results comprise 22.4 m @ 4.13 gpt Au, 182 gpt Ag (or 6.55 gpt AuEq), including 3.0 m @ 25.08 gpt Au, 534 gpt Ag (or 32.2 gpt AuEq) and 11.7 m @ 0.68 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag (or 1.87 gpt Au), including 6.1 m @ 0.58 gpt Au, 142 gpt Ag (or 2.47 gpt AuEq). The campaign is focused on defining the mineralized halo around the ore shoots defined by 65 historical reverse circulation holes. Over six thousand assays from channel samples are being digitized from underground working, to aid with deeper drill planning.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. released its March 2019 quarterly activities report. During the period its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua produced 11,267 tonnes @ 10.7% Zn, 2.5% Pb, while 12,992 tonnes were processed @ 10.9% Zn, 2.0% Pb, 18 gpt Ag, recovering 87.5% Zn, 84.9% Pb at cash cost $1.11 per Lb Zn. The company also informed on a surface access legal proceedings that seek to nullify the current surface access contract.
- Americas Silver Corp. announced production and operating cost results for the first quarter of 2019, including figures of its Mexican operations. At its Cosalá operations in Sinaloa, 152.6 K tonnes were processed @ 57 gpt Ag, to produce 173.2 K Oz Ag, 11.3 M Lb Zn, 4.6 M Lb Pb (or 1.32 M Oz AgEq), at cash cost $30.48 per Oz Ag and AISC $25.85 per Oz Ag.
- Grupo Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. presented results for the first quarter of 2019. During the period the company produced 261,328 tonnes Cu, 5,145 tonnes Mo, 18,550 tonnes Zn, 3,13 M Oz Ag, 12,399 Oz Au and 0.58 M tonnes of sulphuric acid from its operations in Mexico, USA and Peru, at cash cost $1.13 per Lb Cu. A US$413 M budget was approved for the construction of a Zn concentrator at Cananea, Sonora, a project that is to generate 3,760 jobs. At San Martin, in Zacatecas, $87 M have been budgeted to re-open the mine, whereas at Pilares, in Sonora, an open pit mine is to produce ore @ 0.78% Cu to be treated at the La Caridad plant, six km away.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported its first quarter 2019 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At El Gallo, in Sinaloa, 5,432 Oz AuEq were produced at cash cost $967 per Oz AuEq and an AISC $989 per Oz AuEq. “Mining ceased at El Gallo by the end of May 2018, and the mine continues to recover gold from residual leaching of the heap leach. During the quarter, the process plant underwent a small expansion to improve efficiency and enable faster gold recover”.
- Premiere Gold Mine Ltd. reported its first quarter production for 2019. During the quarter the Mercedes mine in Sonora produced 17,614 Oz Au and 57,681 Oz Ag.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its operating and financial results for the first quarter 2019. At El Castillo, in Durango, working at a rate of 68 K tonnes per day (tpd), 3.8 M tonnes of waste were moved, 2.29 M tonnes of ore were mined and 2.33 M tonnes @ 0.39 gpt Au were placed on the leach pads, producing 28,210 Oz Au, 54,030 Oz Ag at cash cost $918 per Oz Au. At San Agustin, part of the El Castillo Complex, working at a rate of 33 K tonnes per day, 1.31 M tonnes of waste and 1.66 M tonnes of ore were moved, placing 1.69 M tonnes @ 0.47 gpt Au in the leach pads, producing 14,084 Oz Au, 54,030 Oz Ag at cash cost $867 per Oz Au. At La Colorada in Sonora, working at a rate of 76 K tpd, 5.97 M tonnes of waste and 872 K tonnes of ore were moved and 882 K tonnes were placed on the leach pads @ 0.44 gpt Au, producing 15,372 Oz Au, 54,773 Oz Ag at cash cost $952 per Oz Au. “The Company plans to invest between $50 million and $60 million in capital programs during 2019, of which approximately 30% was spent during the first quarter of 2019”
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported first quarter 2019 financial results, including figures from its Mexico operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, 379 K tonnes were milled @ 2.18 gpt Au, 144 gpt Ag, recovering 86.4% Au, 72.8% Ag, to produce 23,205 Oz Au, 1.28 M Oz Ag. Costs applicable to sales (CAS) were $713 per Oz Au and $9.66 per Oz Ag.
- Alamos Gold Inc. released its financial results for the first quarter 2019, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Mulatos, in Sonora, 1.83 M tonnes of ore were mined, 1.98 M tonnes of waste moved, to place 1.87 M tonnes of ore on the leach pads @ 0.98 gpt Au, producing 38,900 Oz Au at cash cost $743 and mine site AISC of $809. At El Chanate, in Sonora, 5,800 Oz Au were produced at cash cost $1,193 per Oz Au and mine site AISC of $1,193 per Oz Au. Construction of the haulage road has commenced on the Cerro Pelon mine, near the Mulatos mine, with a 2019 budget of $25 M. Pre-stripping is expected to commence in the third quarter.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced first quarter 2019 results from the Platosa mine in Durango. During the period 20 K tonnes were mined, with 16.8 K tonnes of ore @ 534 gpt Ag, 5.01% Pb, 8.00% Zn and 1.45 K tonnes of historical stockpile processed @ 123 gpt Ag, 1.22% Pb, 1.44% Zn, recovering 89.7% Ag, 74.6% Pb, 78.1% Zn to produce 260.4 K Oz Ag, 1.38 M Lb Pb, 2.21 M Lb Zn.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced financial results for Q1 2019. The company continues to advance the Yoquivo Au-Ag project in Chihuahua. The company has cash and cash equivalents of $2.2 M, with no debt.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reports on its financial and operating results for the 2018 fiscal year. During the year the company milled 211.4 K tonnes, recovering 815.3 K Oz AgEq at cash cost $36.8 per AgEq Oz and an AISC of $37.2 per AgEq Oz. At Veta Grande, Zacatecas, silver production was 514.4 K Oz. At Rosario, in San Luis Potosi, silver production was 300.9 K Oz Ag.
- First Mining Gold Corp. intends to complete a non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of up to $6 M. (San Ricardo, Sonora; Lachatao, Oaxaca).
- Prize Mining Corp. intends to raise up to $1.5 M by means of non-brokered private placement (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Leagold Mining Corp. received a binding underwriting commitment from a syndicate of lenders for a $200 M term loan and a $200 M revolving credit facility. “These loans will be used to repay current debt and finance the Company’s growth” (Los Filos, Guerrero).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No Relevant News.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. received a notice of civil claim from a former shareholder of Rye Patch Gold Corp. whose shares were acquired by the company on May 2018. (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. informed that South 32 is to maintain its option on the Sierra Mojada project by funding an additional US$3 M in exploration. “This will result in aggregate funding of US$6 million at the completion of the second year of the joint venture option”. To maintain the option, South32 must contribute minimum exploration funding of US$10 M during a four year option period with minimum aggregate exploration funding of US$3 M, US$6 M and US$8 M to be made by the end of years 1, 2 and 3 of the option period respectively.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, quartz-chalcopyrite veinlet hosted by an intrusive rock in core from a project in Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, April 10, 2019 /CNW/ – Oroco Resource Corp. (TSX-V: OCO) (“Oroco” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that its affiliate, Altamura Copper Corp. (“Altamura”), has acquired an option to purchase 40,000,000 shares (the “Aztec Shares”) of Aztec Copper Corp.(“Aztec”) held by Fierce Investments Ltd. (“Fierce”). At the time of their issuance, the Aztec Shares represented in excess of 90 percent ownership of Aztec.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 32nd week of the year (August 6th to August 12th, 2018), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Sable, Oroco, Millrock and One World Lithium updated on exploration advances. Hecla, Torex, Golden Minerals, Argonaut, Alio and Odyssey Marine Exploration released Q2 2018 reports. HarvestGold closed the final tranche of a financing round. Hecla, Alio and Consolidated Zinc reported advances on the development or exploration of their resource base. Three companies announced deals on projects, or company mergers. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua and two in Durango. The newly elected president of Mexico seems to have mining development as one of its 25 key projects. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Millrock reported drill results from its Navidad project. In Chihuahua, Sable Resources released wide, high-grade silver intercepts from its Margarita property. In Sinaloa, Oroco received the title for a concession on the Santo Tomás district. In Baja California, One World Lithium is preparing to drill its Salar del Diablo project. ON MINING Hecla, Torex gold, Golden Minerals, Alio Gold, Argonaut and Odyssey Mineral Exploration released Q2 2018 reports. ON FINANCING, Harvest Gold closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement, accruing C$857 K in gross proceeds. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Hecla, Alio Gold and Consolidated Zinc reported on actions and programs to affect their resource estimates or development to mining. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Reign and Marlin Gold reported on their merger agreement, Megastar closed a deal on three properties in Oaxaca and San Marco optioned the Chunibas project in Oaxaca to Antofagasta.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from Hecla’s San Sebastian project in Durango, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/durango/san-sebastian/ . The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua and two in Durango.
- The newly elected president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, presented 25 priority projects for his coming tenure, one of which is mining development, on a meeting with the Colegio de Ingenieros Civiles de México (Civil Engineers Association of Mexico), the Unión Mexicana de Asociaciones de Ingenieros A.C. and the Engineering Faculty of the Universidad Autónoma de México (UNAM). Carlos Slim was among the cohort of industry leaders in the luncheon held at the Palacio de Minería (Mining Palace) in Mexico City. No details were exposed.
- Sable Resources Ltd. released results from a third drill hole on the Margarita vein of its Margarita property in Chihuahua (near Sunshine’s Los Gatos property). The most recent intercept confirms vein continuity over 500 m of longitude. The vein was intercepted 40 m from surface, returning 12.4 m @ 514 g/t AgEq (with Pb and Zn credits, no details released), including 4.10 m @ 902 g/t AgEq, which includes 1.0 m @ 1,048 g/t AgEq and 1.05 m @ 1,035 g/t AgEq. Other five holes have been finished, with similar vein textures having been intersected across similar widths down to a depth of 100 m from surface.
- Oroco Resources Corp. announced that the Papago 17 concession in Sinaloa has been granted by the government, and the company is now to register its 77.5% interest (got on a deal with a private owner) in the Mexican Public Registry of Mining. The 213 ha Papago 17 concession lies south from the Santo Tomás porphyry copper project, and contains quartz monzonite dikes and hornfelsed andesite.
- Millrock Resources Inc. reported second phase drilling results from its Navidad project in Sonora. The program focused on targets identified by soil and rock sampling, geophysical surveys and trenching, as well as the Crossover and El Cobre prospects. In total 2,969 m in 14 holes were drilled. Highlighted core length intercepts include 3.9 m @ 1.78 g/t Au; 12.5 m @ 1.14 g/t Au; 8.0 m @ 0.46 g/t Au; 6.3 m @ 0.39 g/t Au, 3.3 m @ 3.84 g/t Au; 8.7 m @ 0.43 g/t Au, 9.0 m @ 0.39 g/t Au; 5.5 m @ 0.72 g/t Au; 8.5 m @ 0.39 g/t Au; 2.6 m @ 1.73 g/t Au; 6.3 m @ 0.43 g/t Au; 7.9 m @ 2.34 g/t Au; 6.0 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 17.4 m @ 1.61 g/t Au; 9.2 m @ 0.71 g/t Au.
- One World Lithium Inc. has accepted the Lithium Partnership’s final report summarizing pre-drilling programs for its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California. Eleven drill hole locations have been selected to test the three geophysical anomalies and two geochemical targets. One World intends to commence drilling on the latter part of October 2018.
- Hecla Mining Co. reported second quarter 2018 results, including figures from its San Sebastian project in Durango, where 559,647 Oz Ag, 3,872 Oz Au were produced during the period. The mill operated at an average of 415 tpd (tons per day). Cash cost was $9.79 per Ag Oz and AISC $17.15 per Ag Oz, reflecting the higher cost of transitioning from open pit to underground mining. “A reduction in per ounce costs is expected in the second half of the year as underground production continues to ramp up”.
- Torex Gold Inc. reported its financial results for the second quarter 2018. Mine production at Limon-Guajes totaled 7.15 Mt (tonnes), averaging 78,629 tpd (tonnes per day) of which 1.28 Mt was ore processed at 11,140 tpd. Mined ore averaged 2.45 g/t Au and processed ore 2.86 g/t Au, for the production of 78,796 Oz Au, with 87% Au recovery in the period and cash cost of $680 per Oz Au and AISC of $1,017 per Oz Au. Cash held at the end of the period was $117.9 M.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced financial results for the second quarter 2018. During the quarter Golden reported final drill results from the Santa Maria project (Chihuahua) 2017-2018 drill program and announced the preparation of an updated technical report and preliminary economic assessment (PEA). In August 2018, Golden entered into a non-binding letter of intent with The Electrum Group LLC upon which Electrum is to purchase Golden’s remaining interest in the Celaya property in Guanajuato for a payment of $3 M. Cash and cash equivalents stood at $2.5 M at the end of the period.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. released financial results for the second quarter 2018. During the period the company produced 38,441 GEOs (Gold equivalent ounces) at cash cost $704 per Oz Au and AISC of $832 per Oz Au. At El Castillo, in Durango, 2.22 Mt (tonnes) of waste, and 2.15 Mt (tonnes) were moved, with 2.12 Mt ore @ 0.37 g/t Au crushed to the pads to produce 10,079 Oz Au, 8,111 Oz Ag at cash cost $992 per Au Oz. At San Agustin in Durango, 618 Kt of waste, 1.85 Mt of ore were moved, with 1.88 Mt of ore @ 0.36 g/t Au crushed to the pads to produce 15,528 Oz Au, 55,781 Oz Ag. At La Colorada, in Sonora, 1.81 Mt of waste, 1.06 Mt of ore were moved (32 K tpd), with 1.14 Mt of ore @ 0.36 g/t Au crushed to leach pads to produce 11,503 Oz Au, 29,360 Oz Ag at cash cost $833. “The Company expects the third quarter 2018 will see lower production due to the lower grades stacked on the leach pad during the second quarter 2018 and also expects higher costs during the third quarter 2018 associated with drilling, blasting and hauling costs for normal state operations”.” While the Company’s explosives permit has been reinstated at La Colorada, the legal action brought against the Secretary of National Defense and the Municipality of La Colorada continues through the Judiciary court process”.
- Alio Gold Inc. reported second quarter 2018 results. The San Francisco mine in Sonora produced 14,466 Oz Au, 7,661 Oz Ag at by-product cash cost $950 per Oz Au, while AISC was $1,172 per Oz Au. The Company is reducing stripping and focuses mining on more profitable ounces to maintain cash neutral operations. As a result of the reduced stripping, the ”production guidance of 90,000 to 100,000 ounces of gold for 2018 will not be met.” At Ana Paula in Guerrero, all development work including the construction of the underground decline, the completion of the feasibility study and further exploration have been temporarily suspended as result of the recent decline in the gold price.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. reported second quarter 2018 results. “Odyssey holds a controlling interest in Oceanica Resources, S. de R.L., and ExO, a subsidiary of Oceanica. ExO controls exclusive 50-year mining permits in an area in Mexican waters that contains a large amount of phosphate mineralized material”.” On March 21, 2018, the 11-judge panel of the Superior Court of the Federal Court of Administrative Justice in Mexico ruled unanimously in favor of ExO, nullifying the original denial of the environmental permit application.“ (Don Diego, Pacific Ocean cost of Baja California Sur)
- Harvest Gold Corp. closed a fourth and final tranche of its non-brokered private placement to raise CDN$200 K for a total of CDN$857 K gross proceeds. “The Company paid finder’s fees of 8% cash and 8% warrants to Canaccord Genuity Corp. on certain funds”. Harvest delivered $700 K to Evrim Resources Corp. to fund the Cerro Cascaron project (in Chihuahua) drill program of up to 3,000 m, beginning the third week of September.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Hecla Mining Co. reported on brownfield exploration on its mining units, including on the San Sebastian project in Durango, where it continues to expand high-grade polymetallic zones on the Middle and Francine veins. Additional oxide mineralization is being defined along the Professor and East Francine veins. On the Francine vein mineralization has been traced for over 360 m on surface, and over 240 at depth, but once incorporated the newly defined East Francine vein the total strike length of continuous mineralization along the Francine Vein exceeds 2,400 m and can be traced to a depth of over 600 m. Proven and probable reserves stand at 398 K tons @ 3.42 g/t Au, 432 g/t Ag, containing 43,000 Oz Au, 5.52 M Oz Ag and Measured and Indicated resources of 1.5 M tons @ 2.25 g/t Au, 186 g/t Ag, 2.9% Pb, 3.8% Zn, 1.7% Cu, containing 103,000 Oz Au, 8.8 M Oz Ag, 15,520 tons Pb, 20,350 tons Zn, 9,020 tons Cu.
- Alio Gold Inc. informed on the update of mineral reserve estimates at its San Francisco mine in Sonora. “Mining depletion of Mineral Reserves was partly offset by expansion of the reserves in Phases 6 through 9 of the San Francisco Pit. Total proven and probable mineral reserves totaled 854,472 ounces of gold (55.5 million tonnes at 0.49 g/t) as of July 1, 2018, an approximate decrease of 74,228 ounces of gold or 8% from April 1, 2017.”
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. informed on its plan to start pilot plant production at its Plomosas project in Chihuahua. The mining scoping studies focus on sulfide mineralization of the updated resource, starting with a 20,400 tonnes indicated resource @ 13.8% Zn, 2.4% Pb. The capital cost is expected to be low, including plant refurbishment and tailings dam upgrade.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Golden Reign Resources Ltd. and Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. Entered into a definitive agreement to combine businesses and amend stream agreement with Sailfish Royalty Corp. Golden Reign will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Marlin and satisfaction of all closing conditions of the business combination by way of plan of arrangement. As a condition to closing the Transaction, Sailfish has agreed to restructure its existing gold stream on San Albino (La Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Megastar Development Corp. closed the transaction to acquire 100% interest on the Rama de Oro, Magdalena and Yautepec projects in Oaxaca. Megastar paid USD$45 K and issued 1.5 M common shares to Minera Zalamera S.A. de C.V., as contemplated in the option agreement. “Furthermore, Mr. David M. Jones, president of Minera Zalamera, has been appointed to the board of directors of Megastar.”
- San Marco Resources Inc. signed an earn-in agreement with Antofagasta plc on the Chunibas project, located in Sonora. Antofagasta can acquire a 70% interest in the project by spending US$8 M in exploration, and making cash payments on the aggregate of US$200 K over a period of 4 years. A firm commitment of US$700 K will be used primarily for an initial drill program, including $100 K of reimbursement to San Marco of recent exploration expenditures. “The Project consists of stratiform, volcanic hosted coppersilver mineralization, similar to several ore deposits in northern Chile and is a style of mineralisation not previously discovered in Mexico.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, open cut in one of the structures of the Pozos District, Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Core from the SGM’s Cerro Verde – El Desierto (La Soledad) project has been uploaded to the Mexican Core Shack:
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 29th week of the year (July 16th to July 22th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve informing on exploration results, nine announcing production results, four reporting on resources and developments, three communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium presented geophysical results from its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Colibri reported drill results from its El Pilar project, Minaurum reported exploration results from its Promontorio-Quintera project, San Marco announced exploration results from its Chunibas exploration program, and Millrock and Azure provided an exploration update on their Mexican properties. In Chihuahua, Mammoth Resources announced drill results from its Tenoriba project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported exploration results from its Puerto Rico project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay presented exploration results from its Copalito project. In Durango, Southern Silver announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold reported drill results from its Tabasquena project. In the Estado de México, Impact discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Mexus provided an update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Sierra Metals announced Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines while GoGold reported results from its Parral property. In Sinaloa, Americas Silver presented Q2 results from its Cosala operation. In Durango, Avino reported Q2 results from its Avino mine. In Oaxaca, Fortuna Silver announced Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine. First Majestic presented Q2 2018 results from its Mexican operations in Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Jalisco and Estado de Mexico. In Puebla, Almaden announced an increase of the average mill feed grades for its Ixtaca property. ON FINANCING, Bacanora Minerals dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Candente announced the approval to extend the purchase of 5M of share warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aranzazu filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas and updated the resource estimate. Starcore filed updated 43-101 technical report on its San Martin mine. Capstone filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Gold Resource announced an expansion of its Arista Mine in Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. Silver Spruce executed an offtake agreement for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., presented results from a geophysical survey conducted on its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. Three very large and highly conductive zones were identified by a Volterra TEM in loop survey. Zone 1 is > 100m thick and covers six square km. Zone 2 surrounds Zone 1 and is < 100m thick and covers 24 square km. Zone 3 is estimated to be approximately 200m thick and covers > 30 square km.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, reported RC drilling results from its Pilar project in Sonora. Significant results are 61m of 0.75 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 17.3 g/t Au; 6m of 0.68 g/t Au; 3m of 5.40 g/t Au; and 34.5m of 0.32 g/t Au. The drill results extend the Main Zone´s mineralized envelope to the northwest and southeast by upwards of a total of 145m. It represents an increase of 52% in the length of the Main Zone. Potential is open in both directions of the mineralized zone.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered the extension of the Promontorio-Quintera and Nueva Europa veins at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The Promontorio-Quintera vein was mapped and extends for 1km and is cut-off and down-dropped by a northwest trending fault while the Nueva Europa vein was mapped for over 600m. The extensions have the potential to host virgin mineralization at depth. Surface sampling on Promontorio South vein returned 1.1m of 181 g/t Ag and 1.06% Cu, while at Nueva Europa South vein, a 0.8m long chip rock sample returned 52 g/t Ag and 0.54% Cu, and a dump sample returned 91 g/t Ag and 1% Cu.
- San Marco Resources Inc., identified many new significant Cu-Ag occurrences at its Chunibas property in Sonora; conducted a portable X-ray fluorescence rock analysis on an area of 300m by 1,400m, indicating anomalous to significant copper values, and received assays from ninety six rock chip samples ranging from 0.1% to 1.34% Cu. The company also carried out a saw-cut continuous channel sampling returning 30m of 0.16% Cu and 3 g/t Ag, and 22m of 0.17% Cu and 2 g/t Ag. Now, the mineralized NW-SE corridor is 1.7Km long by 300m wide, and remains open along strike and down dip. San Marco has begun preparations to perform a drill program at its Chunibas property.
- Millrock Resources Inc., provided and exploration update on their Mexican properties in Sonora and San Luis Potosi. In Sonora, at La Navidad project, a 2,900m drilling program has been recently completed to test the El Cobre and the Crossover targets. Complete results are anticipated in early August. At El Picacho project (Orogenic gold), drill targets are emerging from the exploration work conducted in the first half of 2018. The company has authorized a drill program to begin later in the summer. At Batamote, good geological signs of a porphyry copper deposit have been identified and a major company is currently evaluating the property. At Los Cuarenta project (low-sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag), Millrock has acquired an option to purchase a key internal claim called Santa Rosalia. Drilling targets have been developed and drilling permit is in place. In San Luis Potosi, the Guadalcazar project hosts a high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn skarn with good drill intersections and historic mine workings, with potential to expand the known deposit. Millrock has received an offer to form an option agreement.
- Azure Minerals Limited., provided an exploration update on its Sara Alicia and El Alacran properties in Sonora. At the Sara Alicia project, the stage 2 drilling campaign confirmed near-surface, high-grade Au-Co mineralization with maximum grade returning 53.8 g/t Au over 0.90m and 2.82% Co over 0.80m. The best Au interception was 19.6m of 8.6 g/t Au, including 15.3m of 10.6 g/t Au, while the best Co interception was 3.65m of 1.19% Co, including 1.5m of 2.66% Co. At the El Alacran project, the drilling campaign indicated the southern expansion of Loma Bonita epithermal Au-Ag system based on the presence of silicified zones covered by fresh-rock and high-resistivity geophysical anomalies extending to depth. At Cerro Colorado the company geologists identified the presence of porphyry-type alteration and veining with trace copper and molybdenum mineralization, warranting follow-up work. Teck will continue exploring the property with drilling planned to restart in Q3 2018.
- Mammoth Resources Inc., announced drill results from its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Results are from the Masuparia area, in the central portion of the 6 km long trend of gold mineralization on the property. Significant results are 3m of 0.19 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag in hole TEN 17-09 and multiple intersections in hole TEN 17-10 such as 4.5m of 0.42 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; 4.5m of 0.45 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, 22.5m of 0.35 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag, 3m of 1.31 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag, 3m of 0.65 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag, and 24m of 0.31 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag.
- Discovery Metals Inc., reported underground channel sample results from the San Jose mine within its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Assay results represent 140m of workings and were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings. Mineralization is related to mantos, chimneys and faults. Mantos range from 0.5m to 1.5m in width (restricted by dimensions of workings) and are open in all directions laterally along strike and dip. Fourteen samples from mantos returned an average of 229 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 17.6% Zn, and 0.3% Cu. Chimney widths range from 1m to 6m, with the main part of the chimney having a width of 5-6m, while the mineralized faults widths range from 0.4m to 1.4m, and are open along strike and at depth. Thirty three samples from chimneys and faults returned an average grade of 50 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, 4% Zn, and 0.8% Cu. The company is currently carrying out a detail structural study on the entire property to identify controls on mineralization. Additionally, it is planning to conduct a magnetic survey in preparation for drilling later in 2H 2018.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., presented sampling results from its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Copalito is a low-sulphidation epithermal vein system. At least 4 main veins and numerous smaller veins have been identified, with individual veins found to be up to 15m wide and at least 2km long along strike. Eleven samples (5 chips and 6 grabs) on Cobriza vein returned grades from 47 to 2.5 kg/t Ag and 0.03 to 2.7 g/t Au, while twenty two samples on El Pilar vein returned grades from 2 to 166 g/t Ag and 0.04 to 1.05 g/t Au. Mapping and sampling on the La Chiva and Cinco Señores veins in the southern area of Copalito is ongoing. All the results will be used to determine grade distribution along the veins for drill targeting.
- Sothern Silver Exploration Corp., announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango, with the mobilization of a second drill rig. The objective is to drill 2,000m of core to test multiple Ag-Au quartz veins within the recently acquired CLM West claim. Drill targets were identified by mapping and ground geophysics, and a sampling program of over 6000 float and rock chip samples throughout a >10km by 5km N-S corridor underlying the 207 square km CLM West claim package.
- Advance Gold Corp., reported phase 1 drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Significant results are 10.5m of Au-Ag mineralization including 1.7m of 9.46 g/t Au and 37 g/t Ag, 0.55m of 12.65 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag, and 0.55m of 6.31 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag. The company is planning a second phase drill program to test the recently discovered veins and explore for new ones, as well as to follow-up on the high-grade gold intersections.
- Impact Silver Corp., discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine through an underground drill program. Significant results with intersections 100m south of the current levels of the San Ramon mine are 2.04m of 0.23 g/t Au, 661 g/t Ag, 1.28% Pb, and 3.28% Zn; 4.97m of 0.12 g/t Au, 354 g/t Ag, 0.57% Pb and 1.48% Zn; and 1.25m of 0.1 g/t Au, 259 g/t Ag, 0.34% Pb and 1.14% Zn. The zone remains open for further extension vertically above for nearly 300m and to the south.
- Mexus Gold US, provided and update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. VAT leaching test of oxidized sulphide ore reported that 50% of the sulphides remain as encapsulated Au and Ag bearing mineralization, with As, Pb and Zn, making difficult its extraction by simple gravity and/or cyanide leaching, unless they are pretreated via roasting to eliminate the sulphur. “About 80 tons of this oxidized ore was crushed to < 3 inches and put in a steel tank and leached for a period of 25 days. Eight head assay samples were taken averaging 1g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag with one sample showing 30 g/t Au and another sample with 800 g/t Ag. Solution was assayed daily for a week showing recoveries of 1.25% in gold and 13% in silver with a slow increase after a week and large cyanide consumption. The solution was assayed after 3 weeks and turned out to have minimum increase up to 26% in silver and gold remaining the same”.
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar mine, a total of 272K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.15 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu to produce 911 OZ Au, 110K Oz Ag, and 4.7M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 71.81%, 75.53% and 81.33% respectively. At Cusi mine, a total of 46.4K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.16 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.3% Zn, to produce 96 Oz Au, 190K Oz Ag, and 287K Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 39.8% Au, 81.66% Ag, 77.22% Pb and 0% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from its Parral operation in Chihuahua. GoGold processed 447K tonnes of tailings material to produce 164K Oz Ag and 1,630 Oz Au.
- Americas Silver Corporation, announced results from its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. On Q2, 2018, the company milled 139K tonnes of 42 g/t Ag to produce 94K Oz Ag, 2.9M Lb Pb, and 8.7M Lb Zn
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., presented Q2 2018 results from its Avino mine in Durango. The company processed 184.7K tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 70 g/t Ag, and 0.45% Cu to produce 1,734 Oz Au, 323 Oz Ag, and 1.48M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 75%, 81% and 90% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 134K tonnes of 1. 86 g/t Au and 268 g/t Ag to produce 14.4K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91.54% and 91.67% respectively.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q2, 2018 production results from its Mexican operations. At Santa Elena mine in Sonora, a total of 228K tonnes of 2.3 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag were milled to produce 11K Oz Au and 535K Oz Ag. At San Dimas mine in Sinaloa, a total of 85.7K tonnes of 4.3 g/t Au and 307 g/t Ag were processed to produce 11.3K Oz Au and 809K Oz Ag. At La Encantada mine in Chihuahua, a total of 238K tonnes of 83 g/t Ag were processed to produce 23 Oz Au and 325K Oz Ag. At La Parrilla mine in Durango, a total of 123.6K tonnes of 131 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb and 1.5% Zn were milled to produce 235 Oz Au and 361K Oz Ag, 1.6M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn. At Del Toro mine in Zacatecas, a total of 65.8K tonnes of 117 g/t Ag and 2.7% Pb were processed to produce 73 Oz Au, 167.6K Oz Ag, and 2.3M Lb Pb. At San Martin mine in Jalisco, a total of 74.4K tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au and 203 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1,331 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. At La Guitarra mine in Estado de Mexico, a total of 35.7K tonnes of 1.5 g/t Au and 154 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1400 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. Unfortunately, First Majestic announced the temporary suspension of work at its la Guitarra mine scheduled to start on August 1st. It is until economic conditions improve or the property is sold.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., announced an increase of the average feed mill grades of 39% for Au and 47% for Ag from bulk ore sort test for its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Applying the ore sort process, the metallurgical recovery is 88% for Au and 93% for Ag and reduces the environmental footprint over the life of mine by reducing process tailings, water usage and energy requirements and CO2 “The detailed impact of the ore sorting results on the Ixtaca project will be evaluated as part of the ongoing Feasibility Study, which is anticipated to be completed in 2018”.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora, citing “difficult market conditions”.
- Candente Gold Corp., announced the approval to extend the exercise period of 5M of share purchase warrants from August 12, 2018 to August 12, 2020.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. The company also updated the mineral resource and reserve estimates. Measured + indicated resources are 12.5M tonnes of 1.08 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 1.61% Cu for a total of 435K Oz Au, 8M Oz Ag and 444.4M Lb Cu. Proven and probable reserves are 4.6M tonnes of 1.17 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 1.72% Cu, for a total of 174K Oz Au, 2.8M Oz Ag, and 176.4M Lb Cu. (Mineral reserves are inclusive of mineral resources). The orebody consists of seven mineralized domains and has a strike length of 1.5km, width up to 250m and 600m depth. The mineral resource estimate is based on 1,336 holes for a total of 219,586m.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., filed an updated 43-101 technical report for its San Martin mine in Queretaro in which reported mineral resources and reserves as of April 30, 2018. Total proven + probable reserves are 1.65M tonnes of 2.11 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag for a total of 154.4K Oz Au Eq. Total indicated + inferred resources are 1.5M tonnes of 1.94 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 113K Oz Au Eq. The total mineral reserves and resources are 3.1M tonnes of 2.03 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag for a total of 267.3K Oz Au Eq.
- Capstone Mining Corp., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. In this TR, Capstone reported a mineral resource estimate which was announced on the past June 05, 2018.
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced significant drill interceptions of 23.39m @ 2 g/t Au, 200 g/t Ag, 0.58% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 9% Zn, including 1.66m of 8.92g/t Au, 1.3Kg/t Ag, 0.93% Cu, 6.3% Pb and 8.8%Zn, and 9.94m @ 2.16 g/t Au, 95 g/t Ag, 0.82% Cu, 4.1% Pb and 12% Zn, including 3.1m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 177 g/t Ag, 1.01% Cu, 7% Pb, and 14.5% Zn to expands the Switchback´s strike length by approximately 100m, and discovered a new structure in the Arista vein system intercepting 2.08m @ 1.98 g/t Au, 1.6Kg Ag/ton, 0.25% Cu, 1% Pb, and 2.2% Zn, including 0.9m of 3.31 g/t Au, 2.7Kg/t Ag, 0.45% Cu, 2% Pb, and 4.1% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. (Cuale project, Jalisco).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., executed an offtake agreement with IBB International Holdings Limited for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “The Company has agreed to deliver any and all future production from the Pino de Plata project for a period of at least ten years, commencing with the first delivery. The ten-year term of the agreement will automatically extend by successive one-year terms, unless either party expresses written desire o terminate the agreement. The purchase price of the delivered production will be at a three percent (3%) discount to the London Metals Exchange metals pricing on the dates of delivery to the buyer”.
On the picture above, a diatreme breccia in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.