VANCOUVER, BC – May 23, 2019 – One World Lithium Inc. (OTCQB-OWRDF) (CSE-OWLI) (“OWL”) (the “Company”) has updated its 12 hole-4,250 meter (14,000 foot) drilling program on its Salar del Diablo Property located in the State of Baja California Norte, Mexico. The drill rig has been mobilized to the site and drilling of the first hole started today, May 23, 2019.
Bacanora Lithium plc (AIM: BCN), the London traded lithium company, is pleased to announce the signing of a non-binding Heads of Terms for a strategic investment in both Bacanora and its flagship Sonora Lithium Project (“Sonora” or “Sonora Project”) in Mexico (“the Strategic Investment”) by Ganfeng, the world’s largest lithium metals producer in terms of production capacity and the world’s third largest lithium compounds producer. Completion of the Strategic Investment would form a major part of the Company’s finance package for the construction of an initial 17,500 tonnes per annum (“tpa”) lithium carbonate (“Li2CO3“) operation at the large scale, high grade Sonora Project. The Company will be hosting a shareholder conference call on Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 11am (GMT) to discuss the proposed Strategic Investment. Details of the call can be found below.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 18th week of the year (April 29th to May 5th, 2019), at least 35 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Newmont Goldcorp Corp. informed on the intention to temporarily suspend operations at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas, due to an illegal blockade lasting for more than a month now. More than 300 mine employees protested outside the Zacatecas Congress, accusing José Narro, senator by Morena (the president’s party) of instigating the blockade. Drill core from La Xora project in Nayarit was added to The Mexican Core Shack. ON EXPLORATION, Nine companies presented advances in the exploration of their properties: In Baja, One World Lithium has received the permits to drill its Salar Del Diablo property. In Sonora, Sonoro Metals disclosed assays for the first 15 RC holes of the second drilling campaign; Ridgestone updated the work done to date at Rebeico; Minaurum staked a large chunk of ground at its Alamos project. In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce released surface sample results from its Pino de Plata project; Radius Gold released exciting results from the first hole of the second drilling campaign at Amalia; Kootenay Silver has initiated drill road construction for its incoming campaign at Columba. In Jalisco, GoGold released results from its drilling campaign at Los Ricos. In Zacatecas, Alien Gold updated on the exploration effort at its Donovan 2 property. ON MINING, nine companies presented its first quarter 2019 results, while one company presented its 2018 results. ON FINANCING, First Mining, and Prize Mining are to raise $6 M and $1.5 M respectively. Leagold Mining secured a 200 M term loan and a 200 M revolving credit. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold received notice of a civil claim from a former Rye Patch shareholder.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Newmont Goldcorp Corp. informed on the intention to temporarily suspend operations at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas (one of the largest in Mexico, produced 272 K Oz Au in 2018), due to an illegal blockade by a trucking contractor and some members of the Cedros community that began on March 27, 2019. The company announced on April 9 that the trucking contracts will now be signed with independent truckers, to their economic benefit and to avoid the repeated extortion blockades by the current trucking contractor. Newmont Goldcorp denounced that the blockader’s public claims that focus in water quality and employment, turn in a direct petition for large amounts of money when done privately. The company asks for help from the Mexican and Zacatecan authorities to resolve the illegal blockade that affects the income of more than 20 thousand persons, directly or indirectly. On a different event, about 300 employees of Minera Peñasquito, protested outside the Zacatecas Congress against the illegal blockade that keeps paralyzed the Peñasquito mine. The protesters accused Jose Narro, senator by the president party, Morena, and his acolyte Felipe Pinedo of blackmailing the company with false water contamination statements.
- Core from La Xora project, in Nayarit, was added to the Mexican Core Shack (https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/), under the epithermal low sulphidation section.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. reported assay results from the first 15 reverse circulation holes of the second phase drilling program at its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. All holes encountered gold mineralization, which extend mineralization 1.25 Km NW from the Central Zone, where the first drill campaign defined a series of NW striking structures, outlining three shallow bulk tonnage oxidized mineralized zones in metasedimentary and volcanic rocks. Previously reported results come from the Central Zone prospects Japoneses, Abejas, El Colorado and Guadalupe, whereas the new drill holes tested El Rincon, Gloria, El Boludito, and Veta de Oro zones. Highlighted results comprise 10.67 m @ 2.73 gpt AuEq; 3.05 m @ 5.48 gpt AuEq; 10.67 m @ 0.74 gpt AuEq; 6.1 m @ 0.80 gpt AuEq; 15.24 m @ 1.05 gpt AuEq.
- Alien Metals Ltd. updated on its exploration work at its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas. Work to date supports indications of volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) mineralisation on multiple target areas open along strike, with surface assays of up to 3.3% Cu, 0.25% Zn. Currently there are magnetic, chargeabilty and resistivity anomalies, and a gravity survey underway is to refine the targets on this project, which is 24 kilometers from Teck’s San Nicolas deposit.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. announced that exploration work to date on its Rebeico property in Sonora defined the 1.2 km long Alaska vein and intensely altered breccia zones SW of the vein, carrying Cu, Au and Ag values, as well as bismuth anomalies. An 18 line-kilometer induced polarization (IP) survey identified a chargeability anomaly below the breccia zone. A 12 hole 1,430 m diamond drill program tested 500 m of the Alaska vein. Eight of the twelve holes intersected significant grades, including: 0.80 m @ 1.41% Cu, 2.95 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 2.78% Cu, 8.69 gpt Au; 1.40 m @ 3.25 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.39 gpt Au; 1.0 m @ 0.30% Cu, 5.61 gpt Au; 3.25 m @ 2.41% Cu, 8.31 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.22% Cu, 36.10 gpt Au.
- One World Lithium Inc. has received the permit required to start its 12 hole, 4,250 m drilling program at its Salar del Diablo property in Baja California. The company intends to test three geophysical anomalies, a geochemical anomaly, and structures that may trap and concentrate brines. The Salar del Diablo Property has never been drilled in the past.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. released surface sample results from its Pino de Plata property in Chihuahua. The samples returned 19 gpt Ag, 16 gpt Ag, 2 gpt Ag, 1,1,30 gpt Ag, 123 gpt Ag, 95 gpt Ag and 255 gpt Ag; up to 0.19 gpt Au, up to 802 ppm Cu, up to 3.7% Pb on samples 0.2 to 1.0 m in length. The two targets in the area comprise El Terrero and the Gossan area. At El Terrero, a 32 hectares zone “of multiple flat-lying brecciated zones hosted by a zone of strong argillic alteration” is the target, while at the Gossan area a series of hornfels and skarns developed near an intrusive contact may host massive sulphide replacement bodies associated to structures.
- Radius Gold Inc. reported the first results from the second diamond drill campaign at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. The program is operated by Radius and funded by Pan American Silver Corp. under a JV agreement by Which Pan American can earn an initial 65% by making cash payments totaling US$1.5 M (of which US$100 K have been paid) and spending US$2 M on exploration over four years. The first hole in this campaign intersected 44 m @ 12.38 gpt Au, 309 gpt Ag, including 11 m @ 39.9 gpt Au, 323 gpt Ag. The estimated true width of the zone is 34 m, consisting of “an epithermal breccia and quartz sulphide stockwork vein zone ” located on or near to the contact between overlying Tertiary rhyolitic ignimbrite and the footwall andesite volcaniclastics of the Late Cretaceous Tarahumara Formation. Diorite dykes appear to be emplaced along the fault zone and are associated with mineralization”.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. staked an additional 20,872 hectares on its Alamos project in Sonora. Additionally, mapping has revealed four new vein zones: Rosario, La Dura Oeste, La Dura and La Tijera. These four zones bring the total of veins zones of the district to twenty. The Rosario vein has been traced for 500 m, with samples assaying 304 gpt Ag and 227 gpt Ag over 1 m and 675 gpt Ag, 1.0% Cu, 0.9% Pb over 2 m. The La Dura Oeste vein has been traced for 550 m, returning assays of 30 gpt Ag, 3.4% Cu and 37 gpt Ag, 4.3% Pb. La Dura vein returned 123 gpt Ag, 2.% Cu over 0.5 m. La Tijera vein was traced for 750 m, with three samples returning 23- 36 gpt Ag, 0.41 – 0.77% Cu, up to 0.1% Pb, up to 0.15% Zn over 0.1 to 0.3 m.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. has initiated the road construction for the drilling of its Columba property in Chihuahua. The property covers a low sulphidation epithermal system with numerous veins ranging on 200 m to up to 2 km of strike length. Over 1,000 m of underground workings are present, including four shafts and six drifts, with historic records indicating grades between 600 and 900 gpt Ag.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results from its recently acquired Los Ricos property in Jalisco. Highlighted diamond drill results comprise 22.4 m @ 4.13 gpt Au, 182 gpt Ag (or 6.55 gpt AuEq), including 3.0 m @ 25.08 gpt Au, 534 gpt Ag (or 32.2 gpt AuEq) and 11.7 m @ 0.68 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag (or 1.87 gpt Au), including 6.1 m @ 0.58 gpt Au, 142 gpt Ag (or 2.47 gpt AuEq). The campaign is focused on defining the mineralized halo around the ore shoots defined by 65 historical reverse circulation holes. Over six thousand assays from channel samples are being digitized from underground working, to aid with deeper drill planning.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. released its March 2019 quarterly activities report. During the period its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua produced 11,267 tonnes @ 10.7% Zn, 2.5% Pb, while 12,992 tonnes were processed @ 10.9% Zn, 2.0% Pb, 18 gpt Ag, recovering 87.5% Zn, 84.9% Pb at cash cost $1.11 per Lb Zn. The company also informed on a surface access legal proceedings that seek to nullify the current surface access contract.
- Americas Silver Corp. announced production and operating cost results for the first quarter of 2019, including figures of its Mexican operations. At its Cosalá operations in Sinaloa, 152.6 K tonnes were processed @ 57 gpt Ag, to produce 173.2 K Oz Ag, 11.3 M Lb Zn, 4.6 M Lb Pb (or 1.32 M Oz AgEq), at cash cost $30.48 per Oz Ag and AISC $25.85 per Oz Ag.
- Grupo Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. presented results for the first quarter of 2019. During the period the company produced 261,328 tonnes Cu, 5,145 tonnes Mo, 18,550 tonnes Zn, 3,13 M Oz Ag, 12,399 Oz Au and 0.58 M tonnes of sulphuric acid from its operations in Mexico, USA and Peru, at cash cost $1.13 per Lb Cu. A US$413 M budget was approved for the construction of a Zn concentrator at Cananea, Sonora, a project that is to generate 3,760 jobs. At San Martin, in Zacatecas, $87 M have been budgeted to re-open the mine, whereas at Pilares, in Sonora, an open pit mine is to produce ore @ 0.78% Cu to be treated at the La Caridad plant, six km away.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported its first quarter 2019 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At El Gallo, in Sinaloa, 5,432 Oz AuEq were produced at cash cost $967 per Oz AuEq and an AISC $989 per Oz AuEq. “Mining ceased at El Gallo by the end of May 2018, and the mine continues to recover gold from residual leaching of the heap leach. During the quarter, the process plant underwent a small expansion to improve efficiency and enable faster gold recover”.
- Premiere Gold Mine Ltd. reported its first quarter production for 2019. During the quarter the Mercedes mine in Sonora produced 17,614 Oz Au and 57,681 Oz Ag.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its operating and financial results for the first quarter 2019. At El Castillo, in Durango, working at a rate of 68 K tonnes per day (tpd), 3.8 M tonnes of waste were moved, 2.29 M tonnes of ore were mined and 2.33 M tonnes @ 0.39 gpt Au were placed on the leach pads, producing 28,210 Oz Au, 54,030 Oz Ag at cash cost $918 per Oz Au. At San Agustin, part of the El Castillo Complex, working at a rate of 33 K tonnes per day, 1.31 M tonnes of waste and 1.66 M tonnes of ore were moved, placing 1.69 M tonnes @ 0.47 gpt Au in the leach pads, producing 14,084 Oz Au, 54,030 Oz Ag at cash cost $867 per Oz Au. At La Colorada in Sonora, working at a rate of 76 K tpd, 5.97 M tonnes of waste and 872 K tonnes of ore were moved and 882 K tonnes were placed on the leach pads @ 0.44 gpt Au, producing 15,372 Oz Au, 54,773 Oz Ag at cash cost $952 per Oz Au. “The Company plans to invest between $50 million and $60 million in capital programs during 2019, of which approximately 30% was spent during the first quarter of 2019”
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported first quarter 2019 financial results, including figures from its Mexico operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, 379 K tonnes were milled @ 2.18 gpt Au, 144 gpt Ag, recovering 86.4% Au, 72.8% Ag, to produce 23,205 Oz Au, 1.28 M Oz Ag. Costs applicable to sales (CAS) were $713 per Oz Au and $9.66 per Oz Ag.
- Alamos Gold Inc. released its financial results for the first quarter 2019, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Mulatos, in Sonora, 1.83 M tonnes of ore were mined, 1.98 M tonnes of waste moved, to place 1.87 M tonnes of ore on the leach pads @ 0.98 gpt Au, producing 38,900 Oz Au at cash cost $743 and mine site AISC of $809. At El Chanate, in Sonora, 5,800 Oz Au were produced at cash cost $1,193 per Oz Au and mine site AISC of $1,193 per Oz Au. Construction of the haulage road has commenced on the Cerro Pelon mine, near the Mulatos mine, with a 2019 budget of $25 M. Pre-stripping is expected to commence in the third quarter.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced first quarter 2019 results from the Platosa mine in Durango. During the period 20 K tonnes were mined, with 16.8 K tonnes of ore @ 534 gpt Ag, 5.01% Pb, 8.00% Zn and 1.45 K tonnes of historical stockpile processed @ 123 gpt Ag, 1.22% Pb, 1.44% Zn, recovering 89.7% Ag, 74.6% Pb, 78.1% Zn to produce 260.4 K Oz Ag, 1.38 M Lb Pb, 2.21 M Lb Zn.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced financial results for Q1 2019. The company continues to advance the Yoquivo Au-Ag project in Chihuahua. The company has cash and cash equivalents of $2.2 M, with no debt.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reports on its financial and operating results for the 2018 fiscal year. During the year the company milled 211.4 K tonnes, recovering 815.3 K Oz AgEq at cash cost $36.8 per AgEq Oz and an AISC of $37.2 per AgEq Oz. At Veta Grande, Zacatecas, silver production was 514.4 K Oz. At Rosario, in San Luis Potosi, silver production was 300.9 K Oz Ag.
- First Mining Gold Corp. intends to complete a non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of up to $6 M. (San Ricardo, Sonora; Lachatao, Oaxaca).
- Prize Mining Corp. intends to raise up to $1.5 M by means of non-brokered private placement (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Leagold Mining Corp. received a binding underwriting commitment from a syndicate of lenders for a $200 M term loan and a $200 M revolving credit facility. “These loans will be used to repay current debt and finance the Company’s growth” (Los Filos, Guerrero).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No Relevant News.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. received a notice of civil claim from a former shareholder of Rye Patch Gold Corp. whose shares were acquired by the company on May 2018. (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. informed that South 32 is to maintain its option on the Sierra Mojada project by funding an additional US$3 M in exploration. “This will result in aggregate funding of US$6 million at the completion of the second year of the joint venture option”. To maintain the option, South32 must contribute minimum exploration funding of US$10 M during a four year option period with minimum aggregate exploration funding of US$3 M, US$6 M and US$8 M to be made by the end of years 1, 2 and 3 of the option period respectively.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, quartz-chalcopyrite veinlet hosted by an intrusive rock in core from a project in Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, BC – April 30, 2019 – One World Lithium Inc. (OTCQB -OWRDF) (CSE-OWLI) (“OWL”) (the “Company”). The Company has received a drilling permit required to start it’s 12 hole, 4,250 meter (14,000 feet) drilling program at its Salar del Diablo Property located in the State of Baja California Norte, Mexico. The Property is one of the largest known salars to be drilled in 2019.
An active hot spring system.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirteen week of the year (April 08th to April 14th, 2019), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven informing on exploration results, seven communicating financial and production results, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, one announcing financial rounds, and one reporting on resources and development of their properties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium announced that a RC rig is moving to its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Silver Viper identified new drill targets at its Virginia project and prepares a helicopter-borne magnetic and radiometric survey. In Chihuahua, Radius re-started drilling at its Amalia project and Silver Spruce announced that its ongoing field exploration work continue expanding their drill target areas and has identified new veins at its Pino de Plata project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals increased the anomalous area at its Minerva project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay reported sampling results and the discovery of a new vein at its Copalito project. In Durango, Gainey received an environmental permit to drill up to 32 holes at its Las Margaritas project. ON MINING, McEwen released Q1, 2019 production results from its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa. Great Panther reported Q1, 2019 production results from their Topia mine in Durango and Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato. Consolidated Zinc reported March 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Endeavour reported Q1, 2019 production results from its four Au-Ag mines in Mexico. Fortuna Silver reported Q1, 2019 production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fresnillo plc announced Q1, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING One World Lithium closed a second tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $CDN 525, 675 (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, McEwen announced that the FS and permitting are progressing at its El Fenix project in Sinaloa, and expects to complete the FS on Q2, 2019. Fresnillo plc and MAG Silver announced that their Juanicipio project in Zacatecas has been approved for development by their respective Boards of Directors. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, One World Lithium announced the engagement of and IR firm (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). Sierra Metals announced changes of its Board of Directors (Cusi mine, Chihuahua). Goldcorp obtained a final order approving the plan of arrangement with Newmont. McEwen announced that are exploring the potential sale of their Mexican assets (El Gallo and Fenix projects, Sinaloa). Azucar Minerals reported that Newcrest confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights pursuant to the investor rights agreement (El Cobre project, Veracruz). Fresnillo plc announced changes on its Board of Directors (La Herradura mine, Sonora). Oroco announced an option to purchase 40M shares of Aztec Copper Corporation (Santo Tomás project, Sinaloa). VVC announced changes on its Board of Directors (Samalayuca project, Chihuahua).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., announced that a truck mounted RC drill rig is moving to its the Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. The company plans to drill 4,250m in 12 holes to drill-test three geophysical anomalies covering more than 54 Km2, a large geochemical anomaly that covers 150 Km2, and geological structures.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., identified new drill targets based on surface geochemistry and prospecting at its Virginia project in Sonora. These new targets are located south and east of the El Rubi discovery, and will be tested during the next phase of drilling to be conducted on the property. Also, the company will carry out a 720 line-km magnetic and radiometric survey over the El Rubi and La Gloria targets for a total coverage of 4,900 hectares.
- Radius Gold Inc., re-started drilling at its Amalia project in Chihuahua, where last year, drill hole AMD18-009 in the San Pedro structural zone intersected 7.08 g/t Au and 517 g/t Ag over 26m, including 14.71 g/t Au and 1,378 g/t Ag over 5m. The company plans to drill 2,000m to test immediately below and on strike of the hole AMD18-009.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., announced that its ongoing field exploration work continue expanding their drill target areas and has identified new veins at its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “Detailed mapping of the property including the expanded area of strong alteration at the Terrero target has been the focus of our current field work. Several new veins have been mapped and systematic analysis with our handheld XRF instrument is underway providing real time data on mineralized areas. Pino de Plata has obvious potential with multiple mineralized drill targets.”
- Discovery Metals Corp., increased the anomalous area to 1.5km long by 300m wide at its Minerva project in Coahuila. Surface sampling returned encouraging results with values up to 997 g/t Ag, 31% Zn, and 13% Pb. “The strong Ag-Zn-Pb grades of surface anomalies plus the dimensions of the corresponding areas suggest the presence of a robust carbonate replacement system”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., reported sampling results and the discovery of a new vein at its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Six samples collected on the La Chiva vein returned Ag grades between 33 and 1,190 g/t Ag, including a sample with 1.7 Kg over 1.5m; fourteen samples taken on the Pilar vein returned grades from trace to 233 g/t Ag; and ten samples collected on the new vein called Chente returned grades from 4 to 68 g/t Ag and from traces to 2.62 g/t Au.
- Gainey Capital Corp., received an environmental permit to drill up to 32 holes at its Las Margaritas project in Durango. The low sulphidation epithermal vein system at Las Margaritas has never been drilled and the upcoming program will be focused on the best mineralization exposed on surface with grades up to 73.7 g/t Au.
- McEwen Mining Inc., released Q1, 2019 production results from its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa. The company continues recovering Au from residual of the heap leach and produced 5,413 Oz Au.
- Great Panther Mining Limited, reported Q1, 2019 production results from its Topia mine in Durango and from its Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato. At Topia, the company milled 20,232 tonnes with grades of 1.09 g/t Au and 336 g/t Ag to produce 380 Oz Au, 203.6K Oz Ag, 1.08M Lb Pb, and 1.48M Lb Zn. Metallurgical recoveries for Au and Ag were 53.4% and 93.3% respectively. At its Guanajuato Mine Complex, the company milled 49,422 tonnes with grades of 2.07 g/t Au and 102 g/t Ag to produce 2,749 Oz Au and 134.8K Oz Ag. Metallurgical recoveries for Au and Ag were 83.7% and 83.3% respectively.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, reported March 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. The company milled 3,855 tonnes with grades of 12.4% Zn and 1.5% Pb to produce 1.07M Lb Zn and 125.4K Lb Pb.
- Coeur Mining Inc., released Q1, 2019 production results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. Coeur milled 378,987 tonnes with grades of 2.18 g/t Au and 144 g/t Ag to produce 23.2K Oz Au and 1.3M Oz Ag. Metallurgical recoveries were 83.4% for Au and 72.8% for Ag.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., presented Q1, 2019 production results from their four Au-Ag mines in Mexico. The company produced 1M Oz Ag and 10K Oz Au. Figures for each of their Mexican operations is shown in the table below:
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q1, 2019 production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 256,643 tonnes with grades of 1.71 g/t Au and 267 g/t Ag to produce 12.7K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 90.14% and 90.76% respectively.
- Fresnillo plc., announced production results from their several Mexican operations. A total of 13.1M Oz Ag, 211K Oz Au, 27.2M Lb Pb, and 4.8M Lb Zn were produced during Q1, 2019. Figures by mine are shown in the next table:
- One World Lithium Inc., closed a second tranche of its non-brokered private placement for CDN$ 525,675. Including the proceeds from the first tranche, the company has raised CDN$ 1,774,550 under the offering, leaving CDN$225,450 of the offering yet to close. Net proceeds will be used to fund the drilling program at its Salar del Diablo in Baja California Norte.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced that the FS and permitting are progressing at its El Fenix project in Sinaloa, and expects to complete the FS on Q2, 2019.
- Fresnillo plc and MAG Silver Corp., announced that their Juanicipio project in Zacatecas has been approved for development by their respective Boards of Directors. Fresnillo will be the operator of Juanicipio and holds a 56% majority stake. Construction will commence immediately and is expected to be completed in late 2020, with a life of mine of 12 years and a total average annual production of 11.7M Oz Ag and 43.5K Oz Au. The Juanicipio development is expected to create approximately 2,750 jobs during construction and 1,720 jobs once at full production.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- One World Lithium Inc., announced the engagement of Kaye Wynn Consulting Inc., as its IR firm (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte).
- Sierra Metals Inc., announced changes of its Board of Directors (Cusi mine, Chihuahua).
- Goldcorp Inc., obtained a final order approving the plan of arrangement that allow Newmont Mining Corporation to acquire all outstanding common shares of Goldcorp. Goldcorp and Newmont expect to close the transaction in Q2, 2019, and the combined entity will be called Newmont Goldcorp.
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced that are exploring the potential sale of their Mexican assets (El Gallo and Fenix projects, Sinaloa).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., reported that Newcrest confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights pursuant to the investor rights agreement. Top-up rights in favour of Newcrest entitles it to maintain its pro-rata interest in Azucar, and the right to designate one nominee to the Board of Directors of Azucar. (El Cobre project, Veracruz).
- Fresnillo plc., announced changes on its Board of Directors, appointed Mr. Luis Robles as an independent non-executive director of the company (La Herradura mine, Sonora).
- Oroco Resources Corp., announced that its affiliate Altamura Copper Corp., has acquired an option to purchase 40M shares of Aztec Copper Corporation. At the time of their issuance, the Aztec shares represented in excess of 90 percent ownership of Aztec (Santo Tomás project, Sinaloa).
- VVC Exploration Corporation., appointed Ms. Emily King to its Board of Directors (Samalayuca project, Chihuahua).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, an active hot spring system in a prospect in Queretaro, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
VANCOUVER, BC – April 11, 2019 – One World Lithium Inc. (OTCQB) (CSE-OWLI) (“OWL”) (the “Company”) announces that it has closed a second tranche of its non-brokered private placement (the “Offering”) as previously announced on June 29, 2018. The Company has raised $ 525,675 CDN through the issuance of 3,504,497 units (the “Unit”) at a price of $0.15 per unit. Including the proceeds from the first tranche, the Company has raised $1,774,550 under the Offering leaving $225,450 of the Offering yet to close.
VANCOUVER, B.C., April 10, 2019 – One World Lithium Inc. (OTCQB-OWRDF) (CSE- OWLI) (“OWL”) (the “Company”) announces a drilling rig is being moved to the Salar del Diablo Project in Mexico and the engagement of an Investor Relations firm.
Bacanora Lithium plc (AIM: BCN), the London traded lithium company, announces that it remains in active discussions with the State General Reserve Fund of Oman (“SGRF”), the sovereign wealth fund of the Sultanate of Oman, to conclude the proposed US$65M Strategic Investment Agreement and Offtake Agreement for Bacanora’s flagship Sonora Lithium Project in Mexico (“Sonora”). This follows the expiry of the original strategic investment agreement with SGRF announced on 16 July 2018, which was conditional and has reached the end of its term.
Large barite crystals
By Miguel A Heredia
During the nine week of the year (March 11th to March 17th, 2019), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight announcing financial rounds, seven communicating financial and production results, six informing on exploration results, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, four reporting on resources and development of their properties, and 2 discussing Mexican news. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán recognized the contribution of women in mining and declared it is committed to continue promoting its inclusion. Ternium re-activated the ore transport from its Aquila mine in Michoacan after the highway was blocked by an indigenous community for 16 days. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals reported positive metallurgical results from its Cervantes project. In Chihuahua, Sable released drilling results from its Margarita project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining announced plans for the next phase of exploration at its Manto Negro project. In Sinaloa, e-Power staked three new mining claims. In Zacatecas, Excellon reported drilling results from its Evolution project. ON MINING, Alio, Consolidated Zinc, Fortuna, Impact, Leagold and Starcore presented production results from their Mexican mining operations for the periods Q4 and full year 2018. ON FINANCING, Aura announced that is undertaking a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $0.5M (East Taviche project, Oaxaca). Defiance closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $1,229,500. Mexican Gold closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $2,143,000 (Las Minas project, Veracruz). McEwen announced its voluntary termination of the equity distribution agreement to offer shares from its common stock. Vangold has arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $0.5M, and announced a shares consolidation plan (Pinguino project, Guanajuato). Xtierra announced its intention to raise up to $1M by way of a non-brokered private placement (Bilbao project, Zacatecas). Sierra Metals closed a senior secured corporate credit for up to US$100M (Cusi mine, Chihuahua). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora, effective February 8, 2019. Orla Mining reported that it is advancing its Camino Rojo Oxide project in Zacatecas towards a construction decision. Leagold announced a mine expansion FS for its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. Telson released significant assay results from underground development at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Aura appointed new CEO, entered in a definitive agreement with Minaurum on its East Taviche project in Oaxaca, and the shareholders approved the change of name to Aura Resources Inc. Coeur appointed former Nevada Governor to its Board of Directors (Palmarejo mine, Chihuahua). Mako Mining announced the resignation of its CEO and the appointment of its interim replacement (La Trinidad mine, Sinaloa). Tamino announced that it has retained the services of an experienced consultant geologist (El Volcan project, Sonora). Goldcorp announced fully support for the Nevada JV between Barrick and Newmont. Southern Copper showed interest to invest in a lithium project in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Minera Cuzcatlán S.A. de C.V., the Mexican subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., recognized the contribution of women in mining and declared it is committed to continue promoting its inclusion.
- Ternium, re-activated the ore transport from its Aquila mine in Michoacan after a group of indigenous people from the community of Santa Maria Ostula blocked the Mexican Federal Highway # 200 for 16 days.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., and Kootenay Silver Inc., announced positive bottle roll gold metallurgical results from its Cervantes project in Sonora. Drill core samples were grouped into 4 separate types of mineralization: oxide 1, oxide 2, mixed oxide/sulphide, and sulphide, showing metallurgical recoveries of 85.1%, 87.7%, 77.9%, and 51.2% respectively on 2mm material, and 94.3%, 94.2%, 89%, and 78.5% on 75 micron material.
- Sable Resources, released drilling results from holes M-DDH-19-18 and M-DDH-19-19 from its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Hole M-DDH-19-18 intersected 71 g/t Ag and 0.13% Zn (80 g/t AgEq) over 30.8m, including 174 g/t Ag and 0.15% Zn (186 g/t AgEq) over 3.7m, and 171 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.12% Zn (199 g/t AgEq) over 1.55m, while hole M-DDH-19-19 intersected 24 g/t Ag, 0.08% Pb, and 0.3% Zn (44 g/t AgEq) over 55m, including 94 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 2.4% Zn (238 g/t AgEq) over 2.05m. “The mineralized Margarita structure can now be traced continuously with drillholes for 1,400m along strike including a central core of high-grade veins and silicified fault zones surrounded by a wide, close to surface, low-grade Ag halo, hosted by silicified and fractured volcanic rocks.”
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced plans for the next phase of exploration at its Manto Negro project in Coahuila “to further define the scale, grade, and potential of this district scale property”. The plan is to locate structural and geological traps where there is increase thickness in mineralization to test them with a 3,000 to 5,000 m core drilling program. “Following positive results, metallurgical testing will be completed as well as 3D interpretation on key areas”.
- e-Power Metals, staked three new mining claims totaling 4,400 ha, located south of the Company´s high grade Magenta Au-Ag-Co project, where historical sampling on veins and skarn style deposits at the La Prieta old showings have returned results of 180.4 g/t Au, 202 g/t Ag, and 5.54% Co over 0.61m in Zone # 1; 194 g/t Au, 203 g/t Ag, and 8.14% Co from an adit dump; and 8.1 g/t Au, 53 g/t Ag, and 3.27% Co over 0.5m in Zone #2.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported first drilling results since 2010 from its Evolution property in Zacatecas. Significant drilling results are in hole EX18MAZ-251 with 22 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 1% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (101 g/t AgEq) over 154m, including 188 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, 2.9% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (532 g/t AgEq) over 2.4m, and 48 g/t Ag, 0.7% Pb, 2.8% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (238 g/t AgEq) over 7m; hole EX18MAZ-253 with 14 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (70 g/t AgEq) over 219m, including 70 g/t Ag, 1.3% Pb, 2.2% Zn, and 0.4 g/t Au (274 g/t Ag) over 12.6m; hole EX18MAZ-257 with 175 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, 5.4% Zn, and 0.4 g/t Au (663 g/t AgEq) over 3.4m; and hole EX18MAZ-258 with 64 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, 2.2% Zn, and 0.3 g/t Au (259 g/t AgEq) over 24.9m.
- Alio Gold Inc., presented Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Alio produced 10.3K Oz Au and 4.2KOz Ag in Q4 2018 at AISC of $1,558 per Oz Au produced. Alio produced 54K Oz Au and 24.8K Oz Ag in 2018 at AISC of $1,258 per Oz.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, provided February 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. It reported 4,158 tonnes processed with Zn recoveries of 89% to Zn concentrates. Consolidated Zinc mined 3,873 tonnes of 9.6% Zn and 2.7% Pb to produce 815.4K Lb Zn and 235.2K Lb Pb.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., released Q4 and full year 2018 financial and production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. It reported Q4 sales of $59.6M, net income of $2.2M, adjusted net income of $4.4M, and adjusted EDITDA of $22.7M. For the full year 2018 Fortuna reported sales of $263.3M, net income of $34M, adjusted net income of $38.4M, and adjusted EBITDA of $113.9M. The company milled 256,181 tonnes of 1.58 g/t Au and 230 g/t Ag to produce 11.8K Oz Au and 1.72M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91% for both metals. Fortuna also reported an AISC of $7.1 for Oz Ag or $9.9 for Oz AgEq.
- Impact Silver Corp., announced its financial and operating results for Q4, 2018. It reported $13.1M in revenues for 2018. Impact milled 173,217 tonnes of 170 g/t Ag to produce about 947K Oz Ag.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, presented financial and production results from its Los Filos mine in Guerrero for the period Q4 and full year 2018. It reported revenues of $376.5M, and an adjusted EBIDTA of $89.5M for the full year 2018.Leagold produced 58,201 Oz Au in Q4 and 195,362 Oz Au for the full year 2018 at an AISC of $985 per Oz Au sold.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., announced financial and production results from its san Martin mine in Queretaro for the Q3 period ended January 31, 2019. It reported revenues of $6.6M and an EBIDTA of $335M for the nine months ended January 31, 2019. Starcore milled 71,100 tonnes of 1.8 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag to produced 3.4K Oz Au and 46.2K Oz Ag (4K Oz AuEq).
- Aura Minerals Inc., announced that is undertaking a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $0.5M.
- Defiance Silver Corp., closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $1,229,500. The first tranche is part of the non-brokered private placement for total gross proceeds of $4M (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
- Mexican Gold Corp., closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $2,143,000. Gross proceeds will be used on its Las Minas project in Veracruz.
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced its voluntary termination of the equity distribution agreement on March 13, 2019 to offer shares from its common stock from time to time for up to $90M (Fenix project, Sinaloa).
- Vangold Mining Corp., has arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to 0.5M. It also announced a consolidation of their shares in which the company will trade 2 old shares for 1 new share (Pinguino project, Guanajuato).
- XTierra Inc., announced its intention to raise from a non-brokered private placement up to $1M. (Bilbao project, Zacatecas).
- Sierra Metals Inc., closed a six year senior secured a corporate credit facility for up to US$100M effective on March 08, 2019 (Cusi mine, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora, effective February 8, 2019. The infill drilling program at Las Chispas has delineated an initial indicated mineral resource estimate of 1M tonnes of 6.98 g/t Au and 711 g/t Ag (1,234 g/t AgEq), containing 39.8M Oz AgEq. Inferred mineral resource are estimated at 3.6M tonnes of 3.32 g/t Au and 332 g/t Ag (581 g/t AgEq), containing 68.1M Oz AgEq.
- Orla Mining Ltd., filed a PEA amended technical report on its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. “The PEA supports a technically simple open-pit mine and heap-leach operation that offers low capital and operating costs, rapid payback, and strong financial performance. The PEA is based on near-surface oxide and partly oxidized (transitional) material within the overall resource, all located within Orla’s mineral concessions”. Highlights of the PEA are a pre-tax NPV (5%) of USD$231 and an IRR of 38.1% or after-tax NVP (5%) of USD$121M and an IRR of 24.5%; production rate per day of 18K tonnes; total material to leach pad of 42.5M with grades of 0.71 g/t Au and 13.6 g/t Ag (966K Oz Au and 18.5M Oz Ag contained) with metallurgical recoveries of 67% and 15% respectively; and an annual gold production of 97.5K Oz Au. It also reported that it is advancing its project towards a construction decision later this year and ensuring the company remains on track with the development of its first mine. Orla is also advancing the feasibility study on its Camino Rojo project which is expected to be completed by the end of Q3, 2019. Construction is expected to start during H2, 2020 following receipts of all necessary permits.
- Leagold Mining Inc., announced a mine expansion FS in March 2019 which incorporates “the potential for developing the Bermejal underground mine, enlarging the Los Filos open pit mine, re-phasing the Bermejal open pit into two distinct sections (Bermejal and Guadalupe), and building a 4,000 tonne per day (tpd) carbon-in-leach (CIL) plant to complement the existing heap leach facilities”.
- Telson Mining Corporation, released significant assay results from underground development on the Creston Zone at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. Significant channel sampling results are 8.48 g/t Au, 104 g/t Ag, 0.85% Cu, 5.8% Pb and 11% Zn (20.9 g/t AuEq) over 4.95m; 5.66 g/t Au, 62 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu, 3.6% Pb, and 7.4% Zn (13.24 g/t AuEq) over 3m; 8.89 g/t Au, 88 g/t Ag, 0.34% Cu, 2.3% Pb, and 6.3% Zn (15.54 g/t AuEq) over 3m; 11.87 g/t Au, 78 g/t Ag, 0.54% Cu, 2.7% Pb, and 4% Zn (17.59 g/t AuEq) over 3.35m; and 8.12 g/t Au, 134 g/t Ag, 0.44% Cu, 2.4% Pb, and 4% Zn (14.13 g/t AuEq) over 3.25m.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Aura Resources Inc., appointed new CEO and made changes of its Board of Directors. The company also entered in a definitive agreement with Minaurum Gold Inc., in which Minaurum can acquire an 80% interest on its East Taviche project in Oaxaca.
- Coeur Mining Inc., appointed former Nevada Governor to its Board of Directors.
- Mako Mining Corp., announced the resignation of its CEO and the appointment of its interim replacement (La Trinidad mine, Sinaloa).
- Tamino Minerals Inc., retained the services of an experienced geological consultant to assist them to achieve its goals within its mining exploration projects in order to meet corporate milestones (El Volcan project, Sonora).
- Goldcorp Inc., announced fully support for the Nevada JV between Barrick Gold Corporation and Newmont Mining Corporation.
- Southern Copper Corp., showed interest to invest in a Canadian owned lithium project in Sonora, on which a Chinese company seems to be also interested. Southern Copper has not made an offer yet and did not reveal the name of the lithium project.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, large barite crystals and manganese oxides in a low-intermediate sulphidation epithermal system in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
LIMA (Reuters) – Southern Copper Corp, one of the world’s biggest copper producers, is considering an investment in a lithium project in Mexico that has also attracted interest from a Chinese firm, the company’s chief executive told Reuters on Wednesday.