Core from the Sirio project was displayed at PDAC 2019 in Toronto. This is a poprhyry copper style system drilled by ProDeMin.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 18th week of the year (April 29th to May 5th, 2019), at least 35 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Newmont Goldcorp Corp. informed on the intention to temporarily suspend operations at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas, due to an illegal blockade lasting for more than a month now. More than 300 mine employees protested outside the Zacatecas Congress, accusing José Narro, senator by Morena (the president’s party) of instigating the blockade. Drill core from La Xora project in Nayarit was added to The Mexican Core Shack. ON EXPLORATION, Nine companies presented advances in the exploration of their properties: In Baja, One World Lithium has received the permits to drill its Salar Del Diablo property. In Sonora, Sonoro Metals disclosed assays for the first 15 RC holes of the second drilling campaign; Ridgestone updated the work done to date at Rebeico; Minaurum staked a large chunk of ground at its Alamos project. In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce released surface sample results from its Pino de Plata project; Radius Gold released exciting results from the first hole of the second drilling campaign at Amalia; Kootenay Silver has initiated drill road construction for its incoming campaign at Columba. In Jalisco, GoGold released results from its drilling campaign at Los Ricos. In Zacatecas, Alien Gold updated on the exploration effort at its Donovan 2 property. ON MINING, nine companies presented its first quarter 2019 results, while one company presented its 2018 results. ON FINANCING, First Mining, and Prize Mining are to raise $6 M and $1.5 M respectively. Leagold Mining secured a 200 M term loan and a 200 M revolving credit. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold received notice of a civil claim from a former Rye Patch shareholder.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Newmont Goldcorp Corp. informed on the intention to temporarily suspend operations at the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas (one of the largest in Mexico, produced 272 K Oz Au in 2018), due to an illegal blockade by a trucking contractor and some members of the Cedros community that began on March 27, 2019. The company announced on April 9 that the trucking contracts will now be signed with independent truckers, to their economic benefit and to avoid the repeated extortion blockades by the current trucking contractor. Newmont Goldcorp denounced that the blockader’s public claims that focus in water quality and employment, turn in a direct petition for large amounts of money when done privately. The company asks for help from the Mexican and Zacatecan authorities to resolve the illegal blockade that affects the income of more than 20 thousand persons, directly or indirectly. On a different event, about 300 employees of Minera Peñasquito, protested outside the Zacatecas Congress against the illegal blockade that keeps paralyzed the Peñasquito mine. The protesters accused Jose Narro, senator by the president party, Morena, and his acolyte Felipe Pinedo of blackmailing the company with false water contamination statements.
- Core from La Xora project, in Nayarit, was added to the Mexican Core Shack (https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/), under the epithermal low sulphidation section.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. reported assay results from the first 15 reverse circulation holes of the second phase drilling program at its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. All holes encountered gold mineralization, which extend mineralization 1.25 Km NW from the Central Zone, where the first drill campaign defined a series of NW striking structures, outlining three shallow bulk tonnage oxidized mineralized zones in metasedimentary and volcanic rocks. Previously reported results come from the Central Zone prospects Japoneses, Abejas, El Colorado and Guadalupe, whereas the new drill holes tested El Rincon, Gloria, El Boludito, and Veta de Oro zones. Highlighted results comprise 10.67 m @ 2.73 gpt AuEq; 3.05 m @ 5.48 gpt AuEq; 10.67 m @ 0.74 gpt AuEq; 6.1 m @ 0.80 gpt AuEq; 15.24 m @ 1.05 gpt AuEq.
- Alien Metals Ltd. updated on its exploration work at its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas. Work to date supports indications of volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) mineralisation on multiple target areas open along strike, with surface assays of up to 3.3% Cu, 0.25% Zn. Currently there are magnetic, chargeabilty and resistivity anomalies, and a gravity survey underway is to refine the targets on this project, which is 24 kilometers from Teck’s San Nicolas deposit.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. announced that exploration work to date on its Rebeico property in Sonora defined the 1.2 km long Alaska vein and intensely altered breccia zones SW of the vein, carrying Cu, Au and Ag values, as well as bismuth anomalies. An 18 line-kilometer induced polarization (IP) survey identified a chargeability anomaly below the breccia zone. A 12 hole 1,430 m diamond drill program tested 500 m of the Alaska vein. Eight of the twelve holes intersected significant grades, including: 0.80 m @ 1.41% Cu, 2.95 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 2.78% Cu, 8.69 gpt Au; 1.40 m @ 3.25 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.39 gpt Au; 1.0 m @ 0.30% Cu, 5.61 gpt Au; 3.25 m @ 2.41% Cu, 8.31 gpt Au; 1.50 m @ 1.22% Cu, 36.10 gpt Au.
- One World Lithium Inc. has received the permit required to start its 12 hole, 4,250 m drilling program at its Salar del Diablo property in Baja California. The company intends to test three geophysical anomalies, a geochemical anomaly, and structures that may trap and concentrate brines. The Salar del Diablo Property has never been drilled in the past.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. released surface sample results from its Pino de Plata property in Chihuahua. The samples returned 19 gpt Ag, 16 gpt Ag, 2 gpt Ag, 1,1,30 gpt Ag, 123 gpt Ag, 95 gpt Ag and 255 gpt Ag; up to 0.19 gpt Au, up to 802 ppm Cu, up to 3.7% Pb on samples 0.2 to 1.0 m in length. The two targets in the area comprise El Terrero and the Gossan area. At El Terrero, a 32 hectares zone “of multiple flat-lying brecciated zones hosted by a zone of strong argillic alteration” is the target, while at the Gossan area a series of hornfels and skarns developed near an intrusive contact may host massive sulphide replacement bodies associated to structures.
- Radius Gold Inc. reported the first results from the second diamond drill campaign at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. The program is operated by Radius and funded by Pan American Silver Corp. under a JV agreement by Which Pan American can earn an initial 65% by making cash payments totaling US$1.5 M (of which US$100 K have been paid) and spending US$2 M on exploration over four years. The first hole in this campaign intersected 44 m @ 12.38 gpt Au, 309 gpt Ag, including 11 m @ 39.9 gpt Au, 323 gpt Ag. The estimated true width of the zone is 34 m, consisting of “an epithermal breccia and quartz sulphide stockwork vein zone ” located on or near to the contact between overlying Tertiary rhyolitic ignimbrite and the footwall andesite volcaniclastics of the Late Cretaceous Tarahumara Formation. Diorite dykes appear to be emplaced along the fault zone and are associated with mineralization”.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. staked an additional 20,872 hectares on its Alamos project in Sonora. Additionally, mapping has revealed four new vein zones: Rosario, La Dura Oeste, La Dura and La Tijera. These four zones bring the total of veins zones of the district to twenty. The Rosario vein has been traced for 500 m, with samples assaying 304 gpt Ag and 227 gpt Ag over 1 m and 675 gpt Ag, 1.0% Cu, 0.9% Pb over 2 m. The La Dura Oeste vein has been traced for 550 m, returning assays of 30 gpt Ag, 3.4% Cu and 37 gpt Ag, 4.3% Pb. La Dura vein returned 123 gpt Ag, 2.% Cu over 0.5 m. La Tijera vein was traced for 750 m, with three samples returning 23- 36 gpt Ag, 0.41 – 0.77% Cu, up to 0.1% Pb, up to 0.15% Zn over 0.1 to 0.3 m.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. has initiated the road construction for the drilling of its Columba property in Chihuahua. The property covers a low sulphidation epithermal system with numerous veins ranging on 200 m to up to 2 km of strike length. Over 1,000 m of underground workings are present, including four shafts and six drifts, with historic records indicating grades between 600 and 900 gpt Ag.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results from its recently acquired Los Ricos property in Jalisco. Highlighted diamond drill results comprise 22.4 m @ 4.13 gpt Au, 182 gpt Ag (or 6.55 gpt AuEq), including 3.0 m @ 25.08 gpt Au, 534 gpt Ag (or 32.2 gpt AuEq) and 11.7 m @ 0.68 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag (or 1.87 gpt Au), including 6.1 m @ 0.58 gpt Au, 142 gpt Ag (or 2.47 gpt AuEq). The campaign is focused on defining the mineralized halo around the ore shoots defined by 65 historical reverse circulation holes. Over six thousand assays from channel samples are being digitized from underground working, to aid with deeper drill planning.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. released its March 2019 quarterly activities report. During the period its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua produced 11,267 tonnes @ 10.7% Zn, 2.5% Pb, while 12,992 tonnes were processed @ 10.9% Zn, 2.0% Pb, 18 gpt Ag, recovering 87.5% Zn, 84.9% Pb at cash cost $1.11 per Lb Zn. The company also informed on a surface access legal proceedings that seek to nullify the current surface access contract.
- Americas Silver Corp. announced production and operating cost results for the first quarter of 2019, including figures of its Mexican operations. At its Cosalá operations in Sinaloa, 152.6 K tonnes were processed @ 57 gpt Ag, to produce 173.2 K Oz Ag, 11.3 M Lb Zn, 4.6 M Lb Pb (or 1.32 M Oz AgEq), at cash cost $30.48 per Oz Ag and AISC $25.85 per Oz Ag.
- Grupo Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. presented results for the first quarter of 2019. During the period the company produced 261,328 tonnes Cu, 5,145 tonnes Mo, 18,550 tonnes Zn, 3,13 M Oz Ag, 12,399 Oz Au and 0.58 M tonnes of sulphuric acid from its operations in Mexico, USA and Peru, at cash cost $1.13 per Lb Cu. A US$413 M budget was approved for the construction of a Zn concentrator at Cananea, Sonora, a project that is to generate 3,760 jobs. At San Martin, in Zacatecas, $87 M have been budgeted to re-open the mine, whereas at Pilares, in Sonora, an open pit mine is to produce ore @ 0.78% Cu to be treated at the La Caridad plant, six km away.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported its first quarter 2019 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At El Gallo, in Sinaloa, 5,432 Oz AuEq were produced at cash cost $967 per Oz AuEq and an AISC $989 per Oz AuEq. “Mining ceased at El Gallo by the end of May 2018, and the mine continues to recover gold from residual leaching of the heap leach. During the quarter, the process plant underwent a small expansion to improve efficiency and enable faster gold recover”.
- Premiere Gold Mine Ltd. reported its first quarter production for 2019. During the quarter the Mercedes mine in Sonora produced 17,614 Oz Au and 57,681 Oz Ag.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its operating and financial results for the first quarter 2019. At El Castillo, in Durango, working at a rate of 68 K tonnes per day (tpd), 3.8 M tonnes of waste were moved, 2.29 M tonnes of ore were mined and 2.33 M tonnes @ 0.39 gpt Au were placed on the leach pads, producing 28,210 Oz Au, 54,030 Oz Ag at cash cost $918 per Oz Au. At San Agustin, part of the El Castillo Complex, working at a rate of 33 K tonnes per day, 1.31 M tonnes of waste and 1.66 M tonnes of ore were moved, placing 1.69 M tonnes @ 0.47 gpt Au in the leach pads, producing 14,084 Oz Au, 54,030 Oz Ag at cash cost $867 per Oz Au. At La Colorada in Sonora, working at a rate of 76 K tpd, 5.97 M tonnes of waste and 872 K tonnes of ore were moved and 882 K tonnes were placed on the leach pads @ 0.44 gpt Au, producing 15,372 Oz Au, 54,773 Oz Ag at cash cost $952 per Oz Au. “The Company plans to invest between $50 million and $60 million in capital programs during 2019, of which approximately 30% was spent during the first quarter of 2019”
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported first quarter 2019 financial results, including figures from its Mexico operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, 379 K tonnes were milled @ 2.18 gpt Au, 144 gpt Ag, recovering 86.4% Au, 72.8% Ag, to produce 23,205 Oz Au, 1.28 M Oz Ag. Costs applicable to sales (CAS) were $713 per Oz Au and $9.66 per Oz Ag.
- Alamos Gold Inc. released its financial results for the first quarter 2019, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Mulatos, in Sonora, 1.83 M tonnes of ore were mined, 1.98 M tonnes of waste moved, to place 1.87 M tonnes of ore on the leach pads @ 0.98 gpt Au, producing 38,900 Oz Au at cash cost $743 and mine site AISC of $809. At El Chanate, in Sonora, 5,800 Oz Au were produced at cash cost $1,193 per Oz Au and mine site AISC of $1,193 per Oz Au. Construction of the haulage road has commenced on the Cerro Pelon mine, near the Mulatos mine, with a 2019 budget of $25 M. Pre-stripping is expected to commence in the third quarter.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced first quarter 2019 results from the Platosa mine in Durango. During the period 20 K tonnes were mined, with 16.8 K tonnes of ore @ 534 gpt Ag, 5.01% Pb, 8.00% Zn and 1.45 K tonnes of historical stockpile processed @ 123 gpt Ag, 1.22% Pb, 1.44% Zn, recovering 89.7% Ag, 74.6% Pb, 78.1% Zn to produce 260.4 K Oz Ag, 1.38 M Lb Pb, 2.21 M Lb Zn.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced financial results for Q1 2019. The company continues to advance the Yoquivo Au-Ag project in Chihuahua. The company has cash and cash equivalents of $2.2 M, with no debt.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reports on its financial and operating results for the 2018 fiscal year. During the year the company milled 211.4 K tonnes, recovering 815.3 K Oz AgEq at cash cost $36.8 per AgEq Oz and an AISC of $37.2 per AgEq Oz. At Veta Grande, Zacatecas, silver production was 514.4 K Oz. At Rosario, in San Luis Potosi, silver production was 300.9 K Oz Ag.
- First Mining Gold Corp. intends to complete a non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of up to $6 M. (San Ricardo, Sonora; Lachatao, Oaxaca).
- Prize Mining Corp. intends to raise up to $1.5 M by means of non-brokered private placement (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Leagold Mining Corp. received a binding underwriting commitment from a syndicate of lenders for a $200 M term loan and a $200 M revolving credit facility. “These loans will be used to repay current debt and finance the Company’s growth” (Los Filos, Guerrero).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No Relevant News.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. received a notice of civil claim from a former shareholder of Rye Patch Gold Corp. whose shares were acquired by the company on May 2018. (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. informed that South 32 is to maintain its option on the Sierra Mojada project by funding an additional US$3 M in exploration. “This will result in aggregate funding of US$6 million at the completion of the second year of the joint venture option”. To maintain the option, South32 must contribute minimum exploration funding of US$10 M during a four year option period with minimum aggregate exploration funding of US$3 M, US$6 M and US$8 M to be made by the end of years 1, 2 and 3 of the option period respectively.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, quartz-chalcopyrite veinlet hosted by an intrusive rock in core from a project in Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, April 10, 2019 /CNW/ – Oroco Resource Corp. (TSX-V: OCO) (“Oroco” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that its affiliate, Altamura Copper Corp. (“Altamura”), has acquired an option to purchase 40,000,000 shares (the “Aztec Shares”) of Aztec Copper Corp.(“Aztec”) held by Fierce Investments Ltd. (“Fierce”). At the time of their issuance, the Aztec Shares represented in excess of 90 percent ownership of Aztec.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 2nd week of the year (January 7th to January 13th, 2019), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The government stressed the need to create a new legal framework to standardize the safety, health and protect workers and the environment. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, San Marco confirmed the presence of a porphyry copper system at El Espiritu; Silver Viper released unpublished historical drill results from its La Virginia property. In Chihuahua, Sable Resources summarized its 2018 program on Margarita, and 2019 drill plans for Margarita and Vinata projects; Kootenay reported new surface sample results from the Columba project. ON MINING, Consolidated Zinc, Great Panther, Endeavour Silver, New Gold, Torex Gold and Capstone presented Q4 2018 production results. Sierra Metals is increasing production at Bolivar, Chihuahua. US Antimony is completing its plant to process Los Juarez ore. ON FINANCING, Silver One, Gainey Capital and SilverCrest completed non-brokered private placements for gross proceeds of C$624 K, $750 K and C$292 K. respectively. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Oceanus informed on El Tigre, Sonora, 2018 exploration, and plans for 2019. SilverCrest released further high-grade in-fill drilling results from its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Excellon released high grade underground results from the 623 Manto at its Platosa mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Great Panther and Beadell Resources completed the friendly acquisition of the latter by Great Panther. Prize Mining trading was halted at the TSX Venture Exchange. Riverside outlined its 2019 business plan, which includes advancing properties, potential joint venture partnerships and strategic alliances. Americas Silver and Pershing Gold announced their shareholders approved its merger.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The president of the Commission on Mining and Regional Development, Geovanna del Carmen Bañuelos de la Torre, said that it is necessary to create a new legal framework to standardize the safety, health and protect workers and the environment. She also recognized that the actual distribution of the Mining Fund lacks rigor on its application, and that a reform proposal has been formulated.
- Sable Resources Ltd. summarized its 2018 exploration program, including information from its projects in Mexico. During 2018’s second quarter Sable completed 2,420 m in 12 drill holes at the Margarita project in Chihuahua, testing epithermal veins in Eocene-Oligocene volcanic rocks. “The project is defined by 5 veins; Margarita, El Caido, Juliana, Faviana, and Marie. All exploration drilling by Sable up to this point was executed along 750 m strike of the Margarita Vein”. Results for the first round of drilling include close to surface high-grade intersections like: 252 g/t AgEq over 11.3 m; 462 g/t AgEq over 4.25 m and larger low-grade halos as: 36 g/t AgEq over 21.35 m and 50 g/t AgEq over 44 m. “A second round of drilling planned to start in mid-January includes 1360m in 9 holes to extend the drilling for 1.5km along the known surface trace of the Margarita vein and to close the drilling grid to approximately 250m space. In addition, 1750m will be drilled in 13 exploration holes that will test the other veins”. Sable received title for 12 mining concessions covering 38,396 ha in Chihuahua, all covering stream sediment and rock sample anomalous areas, including the drill ready Vinata vein system located NE of the Margarita project. The company also holds projects in Canada, Peru and Argentina.
- San Marco Resources Inc. confirmed the existence of a porphyry Cu-Mo-Au system at its Espiritu project in Sonora. The work done confirmed a multi-stage system with an alteration foot-print at least 2.5 Km x 1.2 Km and that the best Cu mineralization is surface and drill core samples is in rocks with potassic alteration and a quartz-chalcopyrite-pyrite stockwork. There are indications that copper mineralization might be preserved at depth within the shallower part of the porphyry system(s). Future work is expected to include magnetic and ZTEM surveys in advance of possible drilling at the project.
- Kottenay Silver Inc. reported that new assay results from outcropping quartz veins support the potential for the discovery of a high-grade silver deposit at its Columba project in Chihuahua. The veins have strike lengths of 200 m to 2 km, and thicknesses from 0.5 to 6 m. In the latest field campaign 50 channel and 90 grab samples were collected on eight of the ten veins in the property. “Highlights include 33 samples, between lengths of 0.70 and 2.0 meters, returning silver values ranging between 30 gpt to 397 gpt and 55 samples returning grades >10 gpt”. Contiguous channel samples averaged 4.9 m @ 198 gpt Ag; 3.5 m @ 276 gpt Ag; 2.2 m @ 330 gpt Ag; 6.6 m @ 182 gpt. The next steps are additional mapping and surface sampling to prioritize drill targets and obtain drill permits.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. released previously unreported significant drill intercepts from a historical database from La Virginia project in Sonora. The database was generated by Minefinders Corporation Ltd. and Pan American Silver Corp. up to 2013, and includes information on 52,635 m of drilling in 188 holes, with only the first 50 holes having been disclosed in press releases. The disclosed tables include significant intervals from seven areas, here some of these (true width estimated at 75-80% of core length): At Las Huatas, 18 m @ 2.81 gpt Au, 187 gpt Ag (including 1.5 m @ 3.50 gpt Au, 399 gpt Ag; 1.5 m @ 21.6 gpt Au, 1,173 gpt Ag); 0.6 m @ 11.54 gpt Au, 1,156 gpt Ag; 12 m @ 1.26 gpt Au, 109 gpt Ag; 1.5 m @ 6.52 gpt Au, 625 gpt Ag; 8.5 m @ 1.38 gpt Au, 105 gpt Ag (including 3.95 m @ Au, 2.07 gpt Au, 158 gpt Ag); 1.15 m @ 9.67 gpt Au, 658 gpt Ag; 17.5 m @ 0.72 gpt, 35 gpt Ag; 20.45 m @ 1.04 gpt, 69 gpt Ag; 0.9 m @ 54.79 gpt Au, 43 gpt Ag; 7 m @ 1.37 gpt Au, 65 gpt Ag; 7.55 m @ 1.56 gpt Au, 88 gpt Ag; 1.5 m @ 4.92 gpt Au, 421 gpt Ag; 12.9 m @ 2.44 gpt, 122 gpt Ag. At La Virginia, 1 m @ 3.27 gpt Au, 196 gpt Ag; 18 m @ 2.59 gpt Au, 119 gpt Ag (including 1.7 m @ 18.27 gpt Au, 794 gpt Ag); 8.5 m @ 0.87 gpt Au, 36 gpt Ag; 0.8 m @ nil Au, 300 gpt Ag; 19 m @ 0.65 gpt Au, 29 gpt Ag. At Con Virginia, 5.75 m @ 2.35 gpt Au, 153 gpt Ag; 11.7 m @ 0.62 gpt Au, 77 gpt Ag; 17.4 m @ 0.87 gpt Au, 81 gpt Ag; 2.05 m @ 6.73 gpt Au, 976 gpt Ag; 1.2 m @ 7.78 gpt Au, 1055 gpt Ag. At El Oriental, 2 m @ 2.47 gpt Au, 19 gpt Ag; 5 m @ 2.40 gpt Au, 60 gpt Ag; 3.8 m @ 11.99 gpt Au. 77 gpt Ag; At La Cascada, 1.3 m @ 20.92 gpt Au, 37 gpt Ag. At Huatas Sur, 2.8 m @ 1.05 gpt Au, 81 gpt Ag; 1.95 m @ 1.31 gpt Au, 29 gpt Ag; 3.75 m @ 9.32 gpt Au, 144 gpt Ag (including 1.55 m @ 19.97 gpt Au, 254 gpt Ag). At La Colonia, 0.85 m @ 3.04 gpt Au, 23 gpt Ag. Limited confirmation drilling was completed at the Las Huatas and Con Virginia prospects. These holes were drilled to test gaps in the known data. Previously undrilled prospects Huarache, La Gloria and El Rubi were also tested in 2018. To date, the Company has released results for the confirmation drilling at Las Huatas. Subsequent results and a discussion of the 2018 program and plans for 2019 are scheduled for release in the near future.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. provided an update on production at its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua for December 2018. During the period 4,072 tonnes were hauled to surface @ 10.2% Zn, 2.4% Pb. Recoveries at the Santa Eulalia plant have been 89% Zn, 86% Pb. All the ore mined was from an area outside of the JORC defined resource.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. reported fourth quarter and 2018 production results for its properties in Mexico. During the year the company produced 1.86 M Oz Ag, 20,161 Oz Au, 1,958 tonnes Pb, 2,361 tonnes Zn from the two operations. At Topia, Durango, 18.9 K tonnes @ 326 gpt Ag, 0.83 gpt Au were processed during the quarter, recovering 92.9% Ag, and 53.4% Au to produce 183.7 K Oz Ag, 267 Oz Au, 474 tonnes Pb, 661 tonnes Zn. At the Guanajuato mine Complex 70.4 K tonnes @ 129 gpt Ag, 2.01 gpt Au were processed, recovering 87.2% Ag, 84.4% Au to produce 254.4 K Oz Ag, 3,833 Oz Au. Reflecting low metal prices, operations at the Guanajuato Mine Complex is shifting all production to the San Ignacio mine for 2019.
- United States Antimony Corp. reported the status of beneficiation of ore at Los Juarez, Queretaro, where 30 K tonnes have been mined. The crusher and flotation circuits at the Puerto Blanco mill (in Guanajuato) are ready for production, while the tailings installation is nearly complete. Most of the cyanide leach plant has been built and is being installed. The caustic leach plant at Madero to process the flotation concentrates is operational and has recovered the precious metals with close to a 100% recovery, and pilot production of Au, Ag and Sb is about to start in Q1 2019.
- Sierra Metals Inc. informed it is on track on its staged mine production increase from 3,000 to 3,600 tonnes per day (TPD) in Q1 2019 (and 5,000 TPD by 2020) at its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. “Completion of the expansion included the installation of a refurbished mill, an electrical substation with 1250 KVA of capacity, a secondary crusher and a hydrocyclone cluster that allows for finer grind size optionality that is estimated to provide a 6% increase in copper recoveries from 80% to 86% at Bolivar Mine”.
Endeavour Silver Corp. reported consolidated production of 5.5 MOz Ag, 52,967 Oz Au (9.5 MOz AgEq) in the fourth quarter 2018. Drilliing at Bolañitos returned multiple high-grade intersections, including 1.1 m (TW) @ 1,415 gpt Ag, 2.25 gpt Au in the San Miguel mine. Parral drilling and underground sampling returned multiple high.grade intersections, including 4.2 m (TW) @ 934 gpt Ag, 0.21 gpt Au, 3.0% Pb, 5.9% Zn. El Compas commissioning has been delayed by metallurgical and plant issues that have been or are in the process of being corrected, while the mine development has been completed and and a 10K tonnes stockpile produced. At Guanaceví, the Milache and SCS orebodies development commenced. At Bolañitos, drilling outlined several mineralized areas and extensions to known areas, with potential to extend the mine life. At El Cubo, drilling of new targets failed to intersect any economic mineralization, and production is to be halved to increase mine life while more reserves are sought.
- New Gold Inc. presented fourth quarter results, including figures from the Cerro San Pedro property in San Luis Potosi. Mine closure activities continued at the Cerro San Pedro mine, and 1,448 Oz Au were recover by residual leaching of heap pads.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. announced 354 K Oz Au were produced at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero.
- Capstone Mining Corp. released preliminary fourth quarter production results for 2018, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Cozamin in Zacatecas, 278.8 K tonnes were processed at a rate of 3,030 tonnes per day (TPD) @ 1.61% Cu, 1.29% Zn, 0.41% Pb, 50.2 gpt Ag, recovering 94.3% Cu, 65.9% Zn, 58.5% Pb, 75.5% Ag to produce 9.36 M Lb Cu, 5.22 M Lb Zn, 3.15 M Lb Pb, 339.2 K Oz Ag, 68 Oz Au.
- Silver One Resources Inc. closed its previously announced private placement financing for gross proceeds of C$623.7 K. Silver One also commented it is not aware of any information other than that previously disclosed in its public filings, news releases or statements, which would result in the levels of trading activity and change in the share price recorded in recent days (Peñasco Quemado, Sonora; La Frazada, Nayarit).
- Gainey Capital Corp. received conditional approval by the TSX Venture Exchange to close the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement of up to $1.15 M announced on November 28, 2018. In this tranche the closing accrued gross proceeds of $750 K (El Colomo, Nayarit).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. informed the completion its non-brokered private placement with Pierre Beaudoin, for gross proceeds of Cdn$292 K (Las Chispas, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Oceanus Resources Corp. informed that during 2018 carried a regional prospecting and mapping program on its El Tigre property in Sonora. The objective was to know the extent of El Tigre Formation, the rock package that hosts the historic El Tigre mine. Such formation was found to extend 5 km to the south reaching the Lluvia de Oro prospect, and 3 km further to the south at La Mancha workings. Prospecting and mapping was carried out also to the east, where several historical underground workings were located. Given the positive results, Oceanus applied for an additional 4,465 hectares, increasing its land position to 26,307 hectares. The company will continue prospecting, mapping and sampling during 2019 to establish drill targets.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released further in-fill results from its Las Chispas property in Sonora. The 20 reported in-fill holes targeted the high-grade Area 51 zone, Babicanora Central zone and Babicanora Footwall and Hangingwall veins. On previous drilling (used for the past resource calculation) the Area 51 had an estimated average 2.7 m of true width (TW) @ 7.13 gpt, 614 gpt Ag (1,148 gpt AgEq); the weighted average of the 28 in-fill holes to date is 3.9 m (TW) @ 11.36 gpt Au, 1,064 gpt Ag (1,915 gpt AgEq). The latest results include the best drilling interception to date: 9.3 m @ 39.66 gpt Au, 3,361 gpt Ag (including 0.4 m @ 252 gpt Au, 9,740 gpt Ag; 0.9 m @ 92.7 gpt Au, 7,570 gpt Ag; 0.4 m @ 47.30 gpt Au, 7,790 gpt Ag).
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced results from underground exploration at the Platosa mine in Durango. The high-grade 623 Manto has been further defined with diamond drilling results, of which the next results were highlighted: 6.6 m @ 0.1 gpt Au, 704 gpt Ag, 5.8% Pb, 10.1% Zn (including 2.7 m @ 0.1 gpt Au, 1,669 gpt Ag, 13.2% Pb, 24.4% Zn); 4.9 m @ 2,802 gpt Ag, 12.% Pb, 5.4% Zn (including 2.8 m @ 4,789 gpt Ag, 20.4% Pb, 9.0% Zn; 3.7 m @ 775 gpt Ag; 7.3% Pb, 6.4% Zn; 4.2 m @ 150 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 2.0% Zn. The Company continues to test priority targets within the north-south trending Platosa corridor while defining new targets at Jaboncillo, PDN, Saltillera North and South and San Gilberto. A 3D induced polarization program was completed at Jaboncillo and PDN in late 2018 in preparation for drilling programs on both targets in the coming months
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. filed its management information circular in respect of the friendly acquisition of Beadell Resources Ltd. Once the acquisition is completed, the company will have a diversified portfolio of producing mines in Mexico and Brazil, and an advanced stage development project in Peru, with additional near-term resource growth potential from Bradell’s in and near mine targets to add to the growth potential from Great Panther’s advanced stage Coricancha project in Peru (Topia, Durango).
- Prize Mining Corp. disclosed its failure to file its annual financial statements for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2018. As a result, the British Columbia Securities Commission issued a cease trade order on Jan 7, 2019 against the company and securities have been halted from trading on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company is working to finalize and file the needed documents and seek to have the cease trade order revoked. (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Riverside Resources Inc. outlined its corporate outlook for 2019. Highlighted in it the presence of exciting drill targets at Cecilia in Sonora and Peñoles in Durango, as well as the advancing of potential joint venture partnerships and strategic alliance discussions with major companies. Riverside expects to expand outside of Mexico, beyond its participation in Croesus Gold Corp. Partner-funded exploration is expected to commence at La Silla project in Sinaloa.
- Americas Silver Corp. and Pershing Gold Corp. announced their respective shareholders have provided the requisite approvals for their previously announced business combination (Cosala, Sinaloa).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, quartz-sulfide sheeted veinlets with silicified halos in argillitized fragmental tuff on a project in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Sodic hydrothermal alteration
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 41th week of the year (October 08th to October 14th, 2018), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight reporting mining activities, seven informing on exploration results, four announcing financing issues, four communicating deals and corporate issues, two making donations to the local communities where they are working, and two reporting on resources and developments. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Alamos Gold donated an educational center while Fresnillo plc contributed with a community library. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minera Alamos reported drilling results from its Santana project, Sonoro Metals announced the launching of a 10,000m RC drilling program at its Cerro Caliche project, and Mexus announced an upcoming drill program at its Santa Elena project. In Chihuahua, VVC released drill results from its Samalayuca project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining reported underground sampling results from its Manto Negro project. In Zacatecas, Advanced Gold presented drill results from its Tabasquena project. In Jalisco, Evrim received the environmental permit to drill its Cuale project. ON MINING, Capstone, Coeur, Endeavour, Fortuna, Great Panther, McEwen and Sierra Metals reported Q3 2018 results from their Mexican operations. Fortuna also reported overflow problems in the tailings facilities at its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Galore closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CDN$ 419.6 K. VVC increased its previous non-brokered private placement to CAD$ 2.5M. Sable raised an aggregate of $4.6M. Telson closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $6.8M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Americas Silver provided updated mineral reserve and resource estimates for its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. Goldplay announced sampling results of historical core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acquired a 100% interest in the Cabeza Blanca concession (Cerro Caliche project, Sonora). Consolidated Zinc extended its share purchase plan until Monday 22 October, 2018 (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua). Leagold (Los Filos mine, Guerrero) appointed new COO and Plata Latina (El Naranjillo, Guanajuato) announced resignation of Director.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Alamos Gold Inc., donated an educational center to the communities of Matarachi and Mulatos in Sonora.
- Fresnillo plc., contributed with a library for the community of the Ejido Rodeo in Durango.
- Minera Alamos Inc., reported initial results of a phase 1 drill program from its Santana project in Sonora. Significant intersections are Hole S118-116 with 93.5m of 0.65 g/t Au, Hole S118-115 with 17.8m of 0.73 g/t Au, and Hole S118-114 with 15.5m of 0.27 g/t Au and 14.9m of 1.4 g/t Au. “The first three holes were drilled near or within the Nicho deposit and were intended to evaluate mineralized extensions of previous exploration programs”. Assay results are pending from the remaining seven holes drilled during this phase 1 program.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., announced the launching of a 10,00m RC drill program at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. The company has been granted with a 2 years environmental permit to drill 87 RC-holes in two years equivalent to approximately 10,000m. The Cerro Caliche´s target is a 2 square km zone with a cumulative total of over 10 km of gold mineralized quartz veins with associated lower grade veinlet zones.
- Mexus Gold US, announced an upcoming drill program at its Santa Elena project in Sonora. Initial drilling will occur on 300m of the 2.2km long Julio vein and associated shear zone to probe a 100K Oz Au target.
- VVC Exploration Corporation., presented results of sixteen holes drilled at the Gloria Extension East Zone within its Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. Highlights results are in Hole SC18-033 with 8.2m of 0.66% Cu, Hole SC18-34 with 10.1m of 0.34% Cu, Hole SC18-38 with 9.55m of 0.34% Cu, Hole SC18-39 with 9.6m of 0.38 % Cu, Hole SC18-40 with 14.4m of 0.35% Cu, Hole SC18-41 with 13.45m of 0.39% Cu, Hole SC18-43 with 25m of 0.32% Cu, Hole SC18-45 with 8m of 0.43% Cu, Hole SC18-46 with 6m of 0.41% Cu, Hole SC18-48 with 9m of 0.30% Cu, and Hole SC18-49 with 7.5m and 6m with 0.33% Cu and 0.35% Cu respectively.
- Prize Mining Corporation, reported underground channel sampling results from the El Granizo mine within its Manto Negro Copper project in Coahuila. Thirty two individual samples returned > 1% Cu with a peak of 9% Cu. The weighted average content of the underground channel sampling was 2.62% Cu over an average channel height of 1.7m. Eleven samples returned > 100 g/t Ag and up to 199 g/t Ag, and eight samples with > 1% Pb to a maximum of 2.78% Pb.
- Advanced Gold Corp., presented drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Three holes were drilled below the near surface oxide zone of the Tabasquena vein, the two furthest apart being 125m along strike. Highlights include the increase of the amount of quartz as drilling deeper and the discovery of 5 new blind epithermal veins.
- Evrim Resources Corp., received drill permit and mobilized drill crew to its Cuale high sulphidation project in Jalisco. The drill program will consist of at least 3,000m and comprises between 10-15 drill holes. “The first drill holes at Cuale are planned at La Gloria to test the depth extent of the high grade Au mineralization encountered in trenches 1 and 4, followed by other high priority drill targets throughout the trenched area. Drilling is also planned at four step-out areas to test geophysical targets within the anomalous gold in soil geochemical and rock chip halo, including the North Dome which extends up to 1,000m north of the trenched area.
- Capstone Mining Corporation, reported Q3 2018 results from its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Capstone milled 270,436 tonnes at a grade of 1.7% Cu, 1.1% Zn, 0.3% Pb and 49 g/t Ag to produce 9.7M Lb Cu, 4.6M Lb Pb, 983K Lb Pb, and 321K Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 94.7%, 67.1%, 51.3% and 75.9% respectively.
- Coeur Mining Inc., provided Q3 2018 results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. Coeur processed 300, 116 tonnes of 195 g/t Ag and 0.12 g/t Au to produce 1.3M Oz Ag and 14.7K Oz Au.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., released Q3 2018 results from their three Ag-Au Mexican operations: Guanaceví mine in Durango, and the Bolañitos and El Cubo mines in Guanajuato. Production table for the third quarter is as follow:
|Production for mine||Tonnes produced||Tonnes per
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q3 2018 results from its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 262,710 tonnes of 258 g/t Ag and 1.61 g/t Au to produce 2M Oz Ag and 12.4K Oz Au, with metallurgical recoveries of 91.47% and 91.24% respectively. The company also reported that the heavy seasonal rains caused an overflow in a contingency pod of the dry stack tailings facilities at its San Jose mine.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the Guanajuato Mine Complex, Great Panther processed 74,303 tonnes with grades of 124 g/t Ag and 2.12 g/t Au to produce 260.8K Oz Ag and 4.4K Oz Au with metallurgical recoveries of 87.8% and 87.1% respectively. At the Topia mine, the company processed 18,617 tonnes with grades of 334 g/t Ag, 0.90 g/t Au to produce 188K Oz Ag, 323 Oz Au, 11.28M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 94.0% for Ag and 59.6% for Au.
- McEwen Mining Inc., presented production results from its El Gallo project in Sinaloa. Residual heap leaching at El Gallo resulted in 10.5K GEOs (gold equivalent ounces) in Q3 2018.
- Sierra Metals Inc., released Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At the Bolivar mine, Sierra Metals processed 227,690 tonnes of 0.99% Cu, 17 g/t Ag and 0.17 g/t Au to produce 3.9M Lb Cu, 94K Oz Ag and 911 Oz Au with metallurgical recoveries of 78.30%, 74.27% and 68.59% respectively. At Cusi mine, the company processed 55,058 tonnes of 156 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 0.3% Zn to produce 231K Oz Ag, 84 Oz Au 243K Lb Pb, and none Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 83.49%, 32.97%, 78.0%, and 0.0% respectively.
- Galore Resources Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD$ 419.6K (Dos Santos, Zacatecas).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, increased its non-brokered equity private placement financing to CAD$1.2M from the previously announced CAD$ 1.2M (Samalayuca Copper project, Chihuahua).
- Sable Resources Ltd., raised an aggregate of $4.6M and also closed its previously announced bought deal financing for aggregate gross proceeds of $2.5M (Margarita project, Chihuahua).
- Telson Mining Corporation, closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $6.8M to finalize the construction of the Tahuehueto mine in Durango.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Americas Silver Corporation, provided update mineral reserve and resource estimates for its Cosala operation in Sinaloa, including Nuestra Señora, El Cajón, and San Rafel mines and the Zone 120 deposit. The estimate also includes San Felipe project in Sonora on which the company holds an option. Proven and probable mineral reserves at Cosala operation as June 30, 2018 are 2.9M tonnes of 110 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb, and 4.0% Zn for a total content of 10.3 M Oz Ag, 107.7M Lb Pb, and 255.7M Lb Zn. Measured and Indicated mineral resources at Cosala (exclusive of mineral reserves) are 8.9M tonnes of 129 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 0.5% Pb, and 1.2% Zn for a total content of 36.9M Oz Ag, 49M Lb Cu, 102.8M Lb Pb, and 231.2M Lb Zn, while inferred resources are 2.96M tonnes of 113 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu, 0.9% Pb, and 1.4% Zn for a total content of 10.8M Oz Ag, 14M Lb Cu, 59.1M Lb Pb, and 88.1M Lb Zn. At San Felipe project, measured and indicated mineral resources are 4.7M tonnes of 61 g/t Ag, 2.48% Pb, and 5.42% Zn for a total content of 9.1M Oz Ag, 256M Lb Pb and 559.7M Lb Zn, while inferred resources are 2M tonnes of 48 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, and 3.6 g/t Zn for a total content of 3.1M Oz Ag, 63.2M Lb Pb and 157.8M Lb Zn.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., announced positive results from sampling of the historical core at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Highlights results are in Hole SM-10-07 with 57.3m (TW 51.6m) of 122 g/t Ag Eq, including 14.3m (TW 12.9m) of 278 g/t Ag Eq, including 18.6m (TW 16.7m) of 117 g/T Ag Eq, and Hole SM-10-15 with 7m (TW 52.8m) of 104 g/t Ag Eq, including 12.5m (TW 11.2m) of 379 g/t Ag Eq. “The high-grade results support open pit potential of the initial 500 meter long deposit”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp., acquired a 100% interest in the 10 Has Cabeza Blanca concession paying to the vendor US$175K and 250K Sonoro common shares, this to be paid in five installments over 2 years. “The Cabeza Blanca agreement completes our acquisition of all the mineral concessions under consideration within the 14 km² Cerro Caliche group,” said Kenneth MacLeod, President and CEO of Sonoro. “Cabeza Blanca’s strategic location within Cerro Caliche, along with the positive results from our sampling program and similar results from earlier exploration programs, makes this concession a priority target for Sonoro to drill.”
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, extended its share purchase plan until Monday 22 October, 2018 from the previous closing date of 15 October 2018.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, sodic hydrothermal alteration in a Cu-Mo prospect in Coahuila, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Core from the SGM’s Cerro Verde – El Desierto (La Soledad) project has been uploaded to the Mexican Core Shack:
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 29th week of the year (July 16th to July 22th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve informing on exploration results, nine announcing production results, four reporting on resources and developments, three communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium presented geophysical results from its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Colibri reported drill results from its El Pilar project, Minaurum reported exploration results from its Promontorio-Quintera project, San Marco announced exploration results from its Chunibas exploration program, and Millrock and Azure provided an exploration update on their Mexican properties. In Chihuahua, Mammoth Resources announced drill results from its Tenoriba project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported exploration results from its Puerto Rico project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay presented exploration results from its Copalito project. In Durango, Southern Silver announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold reported drill results from its Tabasquena project. In the Estado de México, Impact discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Mexus provided an update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Sierra Metals announced Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines while GoGold reported results from its Parral property. In Sinaloa, Americas Silver presented Q2 results from its Cosala operation. In Durango, Avino reported Q2 results from its Avino mine. In Oaxaca, Fortuna Silver announced Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine. First Majestic presented Q2 2018 results from its Mexican operations in Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Jalisco and Estado de Mexico. In Puebla, Almaden announced an increase of the average mill feed grades for its Ixtaca property. ON FINANCING, Bacanora Minerals dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Candente announced the approval to extend the purchase of 5M of share warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aranzazu filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas and updated the resource estimate. Starcore filed updated 43-101 technical report on its San Martin mine. Capstone filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Gold Resource announced an expansion of its Arista Mine in Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. Silver Spruce executed an offtake agreement for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., presented results from a geophysical survey conducted on its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. Three very large and highly conductive zones were identified by a Volterra TEM in loop survey. Zone 1 is > 100m thick and covers six square km. Zone 2 surrounds Zone 1 and is < 100m thick and covers 24 square km. Zone 3 is estimated to be approximately 200m thick and covers > 30 square km.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, reported RC drilling results from its Pilar project in Sonora. Significant results are 61m of 0.75 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 17.3 g/t Au; 6m of 0.68 g/t Au; 3m of 5.40 g/t Au; and 34.5m of 0.32 g/t Au. The drill results extend the Main Zone´s mineralized envelope to the northwest and southeast by upwards of a total of 145m. It represents an increase of 52% in the length of the Main Zone. Potential is open in both directions of the mineralized zone.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered the extension of the Promontorio-Quintera and Nueva Europa veins at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The Promontorio-Quintera vein was mapped and extends for 1km and is cut-off and down-dropped by a northwest trending fault while the Nueva Europa vein was mapped for over 600m. The extensions have the potential to host virgin mineralization at depth. Surface sampling on Promontorio South vein returned 1.1m of 181 g/t Ag and 1.06% Cu, while at Nueva Europa South vein, a 0.8m long chip rock sample returned 52 g/t Ag and 0.54% Cu, and a dump sample returned 91 g/t Ag and 1% Cu.
- San Marco Resources Inc., identified many new significant Cu-Ag occurrences at its Chunibas property in Sonora; conducted a portable X-ray fluorescence rock analysis on an area of 300m by 1,400m, indicating anomalous to significant copper values, and received assays from ninety six rock chip samples ranging from 0.1% to 1.34% Cu. The company also carried out a saw-cut continuous channel sampling returning 30m of 0.16% Cu and 3 g/t Ag, and 22m of 0.17% Cu and 2 g/t Ag. Now, the mineralized NW-SE corridor is 1.7Km long by 300m wide, and remains open along strike and down dip. San Marco has begun preparations to perform a drill program at its Chunibas property.
- Millrock Resources Inc., provided and exploration update on their Mexican properties in Sonora and San Luis Potosi. In Sonora, at La Navidad project, a 2,900m drilling program has been recently completed to test the El Cobre and the Crossover targets. Complete results are anticipated in early August. At El Picacho project (Orogenic gold), drill targets are emerging from the exploration work conducted in the first half of 2018. The company has authorized a drill program to begin later in the summer. At Batamote, good geological signs of a porphyry copper deposit have been identified and a major company is currently evaluating the property. At Los Cuarenta project (low-sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag), Millrock has acquired an option to purchase a key internal claim called Santa Rosalia. Drilling targets have been developed and drilling permit is in place. In San Luis Potosi, the Guadalcazar project hosts a high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn skarn with good drill intersections and historic mine workings, with potential to expand the known deposit. Millrock has received an offer to form an option agreement.
- Azure Minerals Limited., provided an exploration update on its Sara Alicia and El Alacran properties in Sonora. At the Sara Alicia project, the stage 2 drilling campaign confirmed near-surface, high-grade Au-Co mineralization with maximum grade returning 53.8 g/t Au over 0.90m and 2.82% Co over 0.80m. The best Au interception was 19.6m of 8.6 g/t Au, including 15.3m of 10.6 g/t Au, while the best Co interception was 3.65m of 1.19% Co, including 1.5m of 2.66% Co. At the El Alacran project, the drilling campaign indicated the southern expansion of Loma Bonita epithermal Au-Ag system based on the presence of silicified zones covered by fresh-rock and high-resistivity geophysical anomalies extending to depth. At Cerro Colorado the company geologists identified the presence of porphyry-type alteration and veining with trace copper and molybdenum mineralization, warranting follow-up work. Teck will continue exploring the property with drilling planned to restart in Q3 2018.
- Mammoth Resources Inc., announced drill results from its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Results are from the Masuparia area, in the central portion of the 6 km long trend of gold mineralization on the property. Significant results are 3m of 0.19 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag in hole TEN 17-09 and multiple intersections in hole TEN 17-10 such as 4.5m of 0.42 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; 4.5m of 0.45 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, 22.5m of 0.35 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag, 3m of 1.31 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag, 3m of 0.65 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag, and 24m of 0.31 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag.
- Discovery Metals Inc., reported underground channel sample results from the San Jose mine within its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Assay results represent 140m of workings and were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings. Mineralization is related to mantos, chimneys and faults. Mantos range from 0.5m to 1.5m in width (restricted by dimensions of workings) and are open in all directions laterally along strike and dip. Fourteen samples from mantos returned an average of 229 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 17.6% Zn, and 0.3% Cu. Chimney widths range from 1m to 6m, with the main part of the chimney having a width of 5-6m, while the mineralized faults widths range from 0.4m to 1.4m, and are open along strike and at depth. Thirty three samples from chimneys and faults returned an average grade of 50 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, 4% Zn, and 0.8% Cu. The company is currently carrying out a detail structural study on the entire property to identify controls on mineralization. Additionally, it is planning to conduct a magnetic survey in preparation for drilling later in 2H 2018.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., presented sampling results from its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Copalito is a low-sulphidation epithermal vein system. At least 4 main veins and numerous smaller veins have been identified, with individual veins found to be up to 15m wide and at least 2km long along strike. Eleven samples (5 chips and 6 grabs) on Cobriza vein returned grades from 47 to 2.5 kg/t Ag and 0.03 to 2.7 g/t Au, while twenty two samples on El Pilar vein returned grades from 2 to 166 g/t Ag and 0.04 to 1.05 g/t Au. Mapping and sampling on the La Chiva and Cinco Señores veins in the southern area of Copalito is ongoing. All the results will be used to determine grade distribution along the veins for drill targeting.
- Sothern Silver Exploration Corp., announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango, with the mobilization of a second drill rig. The objective is to drill 2,000m of core to test multiple Ag-Au quartz veins within the recently acquired CLM West claim. Drill targets were identified by mapping and ground geophysics, and a sampling program of over 6000 float and rock chip samples throughout a >10km by 5km N-S corridor underlying the 207 square km CLM West claim package.
- Advance Gold Corp., reported phase 1 drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Significant results are 10.5m of Au-Ag mineralization including 1.7m of 9.46 g/t Au and 37 g/t Ag, 0.55m of 12.65 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag, and 0.55m of 6.31 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag. The company is planning a second phase drill program to test the recently discovered veins and explore for new ones, as well as to follow-up on the high-grade gold intersections.
- Impact Silver Corp., discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine through an underground drill program. Significant results with intersections 100m south of the current levels of the San Ramon mine are 2.04m of 0.23 g/t Au, 661 g/t Ag, 1.28% Pb, and 3.28% Zn; 4.97m of 0.12 g/t Au, 354 g/t Ag, 0.57% Pb and 1.48% Zn; and 1.25m of 0.1 g/t Au, 259 g/t Ag, 0.34% Pb and 1.14% Zn. The zone remains open for further extension vertically above for nearly 300m and to the south.
- Mexus Gold US, provided and update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. VAT leaching test of oxidized sulphide ore reported that 50% of the sulphides remain as encapsulated Au and Ag bearing mineralization, with As, Pb and Zn, making difficult its extraction by simple gravity and/or cyanide leaching, unless they are pretreated via roasting to eliminate the sulphur. “About 80 tons of this oxidized ore was crushed to < 3 inches and put in a steel tank and leached for a period of 25 days. Eight head assay samples were taken averaging 1g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag with one sample showing 30 g/t Au and another sample with 800 g/t Ag. Solution was assayed daily for a week showing recoveries of 1.25% in gold and 13% in silver with a slow increase after a week and large cyanide consumption. The solution was assayed after 3 weeks and turned out to have minimum increase up to 26% in silver and gold remaining the same”.
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar mine, a total of 272K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.15 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu to produce 911 OZ Au, 110K Oz Ag, and 4.7M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 71.81%, 75.53% and 81.33% respectively. At Cusi mine, a total of 46.4K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.16 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.3% Zn, to produce 96 Oz Au, 190K Oz Ag, and 287K Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 39.8% Au, 81.66% Ag, 77.22% Pb and 0% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from its Parral operation in Chihuahua. GoGold processed 447K tonnes of tailings material to produce 164K Oz Ag and 1,630 Oz Au.
- Americas Silver Corporation, announced results from its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. On Q2, 2018, the company milled 139K tonnes of 42 g/t Ag to produce 94K Oz Ag, 2.9M Lb Pb, and 8.7M Lb Zn
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., presented Q2 2018 results from its Avino mine in Durango. The company processed 184.7K tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 70 g/t Ag, and 0.45% Cu to produce 1,734 Oz Au, 323 Oz Ag, and 1.48M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 75%, 81% and 90% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 134K tonnes of 1. 86 g/t Au and 268 g/t Ag to produce 14.4K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91.54% and 91.67% respectively.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q2, 2018 production results from its Mexican operations. At Santa Elena mine in Sonora, a total of 228K tonnes of 2.3 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag were milled to produce 11K Oz Au and 535K Oz Ag. At San Dimas mine in Sinaloa, a total of 85.7K tonnes of 4.3 g/t Au and 307 g/t Ag were processed to produce 11.3K Oz Au and 809K Oz Ag. At La Encantada mine in Chihuahua, a total of 238K tonnes of 83 g/t Ag were processed to produce 23 Oz Au and 325K Oz Ag. At La Parrilla mine in Durango, a total of 123.6K tonnes of 131 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb and 1.5% Zn were milled to produce 235 Oz Au and 361K Oz Ag, 1.6M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn. At Del Toro mine in Zacatecas, a total of 65.8K tonnes of 117 g/t Ag and 2.7% Pb were processed to produce 73 Oz Au, 167.6K Oz Ag, and 2.3M Lb Pb. At San Martin mine in Jalisco, a total of 74.4K tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au and 203 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1,331 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. At La Guitarra mine in Estado de Mexico, a total of 35.7K tonnes of 1.5 g/t Au and 154 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1400 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. Unfortunately, First Majestic announced the temporary suspension of work at its la Guitarra mine scheduled to start on August 1st. It is until economic conditions improve or the property is sold.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., announced an increase of the average feed mill grades of 39% for Au and 47% for Ag from bulk ore sort test for its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Applying the ore sort process, the metallurgical recovery is 88% for Au and 93% for Ag and reduces the environmental footprint over the life of mine by reducing process tailings, water usage and energy requirements and CO2 “The detailed impact of the ore sorting results on the Ixtaca project will be evaluated as part of the ongoing Feasibility Study, which is anticipated to be completed in 2018”.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora, citing “difficult market conditions”.
- Candente Gold Corp., announced the approval to extend the exercise period of 5M of share purchase warrants from August 12, 2018 to August 12, 2020.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. The company also updated the mineral resource and reserve estimates. Measured + indicated resources are 12.5M tonnes of 1.08 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 1.61% Cu for a total of 435K Oz Au, 8M Oz Ag and 444.4M Lb Cu. Proven and probable reserves are 4.6M tonnes of 1.17 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 1.72% Cu, for a total of 174K Oz Au, 2.8M Oz Ag, and 176.4M Lb Cu. (Mineral reserves are inclusive of mineral resources). The orebody consists of seven mineralized domains and has a strike length of 1.5km, width up to 250m and 600m depth. The mineral resource estimate is based on 1,336 holes for a total of 219,586m.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., filed an updated 43-101 technical report for its San Martin mine in Queretaro in which reported mineral resources and reserves as of April 30, 2018. Total proven + probable reserves are 1.65M tonnes of 2.11 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag for a total of 154.4K Oz Au Eq. Total indicated + inferred resources are 1.5M tonnes of 1.94 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 113K Oz Au Eq. The total mineral reserves and resources are 3.1M tonnes of 2.03 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag for a total of 267.3K Oz Au Eq.
- Capstone Mining Corp., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. In this TR, Capstone reported a mineral resource estimate which was announced on the past June 05, 2018.
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced significant drill interceptions of 23.39m @ 2 g/t Au, 200 g/t Ag, 0.58% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 9% Zn, including 1.66m of 8.92g/t Au, 1.3Kg/t Ag, 0.93% Cu, 6.3% Pb and 8.8%Zn, and 9.94m @ 2.16 g/t Au, 95 g/t Ag, 0.82% Cu, 4.1% Pb and 12% Zn, including 3.1m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 177 g/t Ag, 1.01% Cu, 7% Pb, and 14.5% Zn to expands the Switchback´s strike length by approximately 100m, and discovered a new structure in the Arista vein system intercepting 2.08m @ 1.98 g/t Au, 1.6Kg Ag/ton, 0.25% Cu, 1% Pb, and 2.2% Zn, including 0.9m of 3.31 g/t Au, 2.7Kg/t Ag, 0.45% Cu, 2% Pb, and 4.1% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. (Cuale project, Jalisco).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., executed an offtake agreement with IBB International Holdings Limited for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “The Company has agreed to deliver any and all future production from the Pino de Plata project for a period of at least ten years, commencing with the first delivery. The ten-year term of the agreement will automatically extend by successive one-year terms, unless either party expresses written desire o terminate the agreement. The purchase price of the delivered production will be at a three percent (3%) discount to the London Metals Exchange metals pricing on the dates of delivery to the buyer”.
On the picture above, a diatreme breccia in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 24th week of the year (June 11th to June 17th, 2018), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Four companies updated on exploration advances, and one the commencement of mining activities. Four companies announced financing rounds, loans and bonds for an aggregate of over $55 M. One company disclosed news on drilling near resources and development while one other released metallurgical test results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, mining companies are awaiting a Supreme Court resolution on a Zacatecas State tax imposition on mining. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro updated on exploration work at Los Venados; Colibri finished drilling at El Pilar, and released results from a soil survey; Colibri disclosed drilling results by Agnico at its Pitaya project. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals started a drilling campaign on the Norte zone and the north part of the Villa Rica zone at its El Cobre porject. ON MINING, Mexus started pilot mining at its 8 Hermanos property in Sonora. ON FINANCING, Alamaden raised $9.4 M; Starcore launched a private placement for CDN$3 M; Telson paid US$8 M and obtained a loan for US$8.5 M; Endeavour Silver is to sell common shares for an aggregate of up to $35.7 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest Metals released high-grade results from drilling of the Granaditas vein on Las Chispas project, in Sonora. Azure Minerals released metallurgical test results from Oposura, also in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Starcore decided not to go ahead with the acquisition of the Santa Fe property in Sinaloa. Defiance Silver entered into an agreement to acquire Mag Silver’s properties in the Zacatecas District.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Fresnillo PLC and Mag Silver Corp. are awaiting a Supreme Court (Suprema Corte de la Nación) resolution on a mining duty attached to environmental impact, set by the state of Zacatecas. The federal government challenged the State’s right to impose such a duty back in 2017.
- Aloro Mining Corp. updated on its exploration of the Los Venados project in Sonora. Mapping and sampling have defined a rhyodacitic volcanic dome associated with high sulfidation style alteration with Au-Bi-Mo anomalies. Several felsic dome/silica breccia complexes have been located, with the highest priority target on the dome at the southeast part of the property, where gold in soil anomalies and IP anomalies coincide. A new environmental report is being submitted to the authorities, seeking permit for 12 reverse circulation holes.
- Colibri Resource Corp. completed the final 900 m of its 3,000 m phase 1 drilling program on its Pilar project in Sonora. Samples have been taken to the lab and results are pending. A 56 sample soil survey returned 10 samples greater than 0.1 g/t Au, and 3 samples over 1 g/t Au.
- Colibri Resource Corp. released results from drilling on its Pitaya project in Sonora, by joint venture partner Agnico Eagle. Highlighted results from the last four holes comprise 9 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 26 m @ 0.19 g/t Au; 34 m @ 0.22 g/t Au. During 2016-2017, Agnico drilled 7,641 m in 27 drill holes.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. has begun drilling the North zone and the north end of the Villa Rica zone of its El Cobre project in Veracruz. Preparations for this drilling campaign include surface and soil geologic and alteration focused mapping and sampling. “The current drilling at Villa Rica is focused on the Naranjo zone, a new area of exposed porphyry alteration and mineralisation located approximately 500 metres north of the previous Villa Rica drilling and about 1.2 kilometres south of the Norte Zone.”
- Mexus Gold US begun mining at the 8 Brothers/370 project in Sonora. “The company has mined 1000 tons of material containing an average of 9 grams Au and 50 grams Ag per ton. This material is currently being run through a crushing system and placed into an aerated VAT holding tank”. Its portable Merril Crowe system has been installed and tested.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. closed its previously announced non-brokered private placement, raising gross proceeds of $9.44 M. Finders fees of $384.9 K cash and finder warrants of 192,450 shares at $1.35 until June 7, 2020 were paid to arms-length, licensed securities dealers on a portion of the offering (Ixtaca, Puebla).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. launched a private placement of secured bonds for CDN$3 M. “The Bonds will bear interest at 8% per annum, payable on maturity, and will mature 24 months from the date of closing” (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Telson Mining Corp. announced the payment of US$8 M to Nyrstar Mining Ltd. as partial payment, and entered into a loan agreement with Nyrstar Canada (Holdings) Ltd. that converts the final US$8.5 M due on the Campo Morado acquisition agreement into a loan that extends the payment terms for eight months. The principal due is US$8.5 M that are to be paid starting July 13, 2018 with a monthly minimum of US$1 M plus interest, plus 70% of the free cash flow generated by Telson and any monthly excess cash balance above US$500 K.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. is to sell from time to time and its discretion common shares for an aggregate of up to US$35.7 M, through “at the market” distributions (Terronera, Jalisco).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced new drill results for the Granaditas vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Highlighted true width (TW) intervals comprise 1.5 m @ 3.63 g/t Au, 190 g/t Ag; 1.8 m @ 12.14 g/t Au, 1,440 g/t Ag (including 0.40 m @ 47.50 g/t Au, 5,620 g/t Au); 1.3 m @ 3.24 g/t Au, 339 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 1.23 g/t Au, 114 g/t Ag. The vein has a high-grade footprint currently at 150 m long by 100 m high and 1.5 m average true width, grading 5.69 g/t Au, 596 g/t Ag.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. released metallurgical test work results on its Oposura project in Sonora. Azure highlights a 34% overall increase in the recovery of Pb and Zn using a dense media separation technique.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. completed its due diligence and review of the Santa Fe project in Sinaloa, under a previously signed LOI (letter of intent). Starcore will not be proceeding with the acquisition.
- Defiance Silver Corp. entered into an agreement to acquire Mag Silver’s Zacatecas silver district holdings. Mag Silver is to receive 5 M common shares of Defiance, approximately a 5% investment position. Defiance is to receive a 100% interest in the Lagartos project, along with a regional database. The company is to control 1,506 ha, including 65% of the Veta Grande vein and the San Acacio silver deposit.
On the picture above, intense kaolinitization of felsic volcanic rocks on a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 18th week of the year (April 30th to May 6th, 2018), at least 21 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with news on the exploration of eight properties, eight more companies releasing Q1 2018 results, and Primero Mining extending its revolving credit facility. ON MEXICO ISSUES, production statistics for the mining sector on February 2018 were published. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure updated on exploration efforts at its Oposura, Alacrán and Sara Alicia projects; Alamos Gold presented exploration plans on the Mulatos district; San Marco Resources obtained the Suanse property by lottery. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals disclosed underground channel sample results from its Puerto Rico property; Silver Bull acquired a 60 ha claim within its large land package in Sierra Mojada. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold released channel sampling results from the Changaro zone at its Las Minas project. ON MINING, Argonaut Gold, Santacruz Silver, Gold Resource, Alamos Gold, Golden Minerals, Leagold, Great Panther and Telson Mining presented Q1 2018 production reports. ON FINANCING, Primero Mining agreed on the extension of its revolving credit facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Golden Minerals released drill results from its Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. Argonaut updated on exploration in properties in Guanajuato and Baja. Minera Alamos announced drilling plans on the now combined Santana/Los Verdes properties. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Endeavour Silver released its annual review and sustainability report. Advance Gold contracted a third party to assist with investors relations.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The mining and metallurgic production in Mexico grew 4% in February, which is the best result since April 2016, although in a yearly basis a 1.3% decrement was recorded. During February, the production of lead (-34.6%), sulphur (-12.2%), silver (-11.3%), copper (-8.2%) and coke (-5.7%) decreased, while that of iron pellets (1.1%), fluorite (1.7%) zinc (4.6%), gold (5.8%), coal (18.8%) and gypsum (19.2%) showed an increment. Sonora was the leader in gold production during February, with 3,710 Kg (119,720 Oz), while Zacatecas kept the title in silver with 171,903 Kg (5,526,806 Oz).
- Azure Minerals Ltd. completed the mineral resource drill-out of the Oposura project, in Sonora. The program included 157 holes totaling 10,112 m (assays for 27 holes still awaited), confirming good height (width) and grade continuity of the horizontal mineralization. Metallurgical studies show 85.6% Zn and 84.0% Pb recoveries. The initial mineral resource estimate is expected in June 2018.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. completed the stage 2 drilling program at its Sara Alicia Au-Co project in Sonora. Results awaited.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. informed the operator of its Alacrán project in Sonora, Minera Teck, S.A., completed an 11 hole drill program in December 2017, with final results awaited. Teck has informed it will continue with the year 2 work program “comprising further geological, geochemical and geophysical surveys in the first half of 2018, which will be followed by more drilling in the second half of the year”.
- Discovery Metals Corp. disclosed assay results from continuous underground channel sampling at its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Results on 100 samples out of 600 samples collected on the Zaragoza mine have been received. Select significant channel samples include: 2.1 m @ 822 g/t Ag, 2.1% Zn, 2.5% Pb, 0.7% Cu; 1.8 m @ 55 g/t Ag, 27.9% Zn, 2.9% Pb, 0.1% Cu; 3.3 m @ 175 g/t Ag, 2.1% Zn, 15.2% Pb, 0.2% Cu; 2.3 m @ 62 g/t Ag, 9.2% Zn, 6.5% Pb, 0.1% Cu; 1.3 m @ 75 g/t Ag, 16.8% Zn, 3.2% Pb, 0.1% Cu. Average manto grades 157 g/t Ag, 6.2% Zn, 5.5% Pb, 0.1% Cu.
- Mexican Gold Corp. released channel sampling results from the La Perdida mine in the Changaro zone at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. At La Perdida adit, four 2.0 m samples returned 7.85 g/t Au, 3 g/t Ag, 0.14% Cu; 0.30 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag, 0.05% Cu; 16.70 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 0.49% Cu; 27.30 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 0.17% Cu, averaging 8.0 m @ 13.04 g/t Au, 7 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu.
- Alamos Gold Inc. informed exploration in its 28,777 ha land package at Mulatos, Sonora, is to focus in 2018 outside the Mulatos mine, including the El Carricito, El Halcon, and El Jaspe areas. During the first quarter Alamos invested $4.5 M in exploration activities within the Mulatos district, including 14,792 m of diamond drilling and 1,059 m of RC drilling.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. acquired a 68 ha mineral license nine kilometers NW from its main Sierra Mojada deposit in Coahuila. The application “covers 13 historical mine shafts in the Palomas Negros area including a 120 meter long x 25 meter wide x 25 meter deep historical open pit”. Select sampling on the open pit returned up to 542 g/t Ag, 36.5% Zn, 9.3% Pb, 0.14% Cu on 2 m channel sampling.
- San Marco Resources Inc. obtained the Suanse property in Sonora through the recent mineral concession lottery by the Mexican government. The property is located between two mineral concessions within Evrim’s LLano del Nogal porphyry copper moly play.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. presented first quarter 2018 operating and financial results. At El Castillo in Durango, 4.72 M tonnes of waste were moved, 1.62 M tonnes of ore were mined (52 K tonnes per day, or tpd) @ 0.44 g/t Au, producing 8,657 Oz Au, 7,528 Oz Ag. At San Agustin in Durango, 356 K tonnes of waste were moved 1.72 M tonnes of ore mined (23 K tpd) @ 0.50 g/t Au, producing 15,824 Oz Au, 80,331 Oz Ag. Cash cost was $1,020 for El Castillo and $365 for San Agustín. At La Colorada in Sonora, 6.13 M tonnes of waste were moved, 1.1 tonnes of ore mined (80 K tpd) @ 0.43 g/t Au, producing 14,291 Oz Au, 57,767 Oz Ag at cash cost $726. Cash and cash equivalents of $21.3 M at the end of the period.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported financial and operating results for Q4 2018. During the period 181 K tonnes were processed, producing 865.5 K Oz AgEq at cash cost $23.07 and AISC $27.56 per AgEq Oz.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported first quarter 2018 production results. During the period the company produced from three different orebodies on its El Aguila property in Oaxaca. At Arista 130.8 K tonnes were milled @ 1.92 g/t Au, 106 g/t Ag, 0.39% Cu, 1.63% Pb, 4.41% Zn, with recoveries of 78% Au, 91% Ag, 75% Cu, 76% Pb, 83% Zn. At the El Aguila open pit, 5.1 K tonnes were milled @ 2.16 g/t Au, 45 g/t Ag, and recoveries of 84% Ag, 86% Ag. At Altagracia 3.2 k tonnes were milled @ 1.16 g/t Au, 182 g/t Ag, and recoveries of 60% Au, 82% Ag. Production amounted to 6,647 Oz Au, 425.9 K Oz Ag, 385 tonnes Cu, 1,615 tonnes Pb, 4,793 tonnes Zn. Cash cost was ($316) per AuEq Oz after by-product credits, and AISC $347 per precious metal gold equivalent ounce sold. Cash and cash equivalents at quarter end totaled $28.6 M.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported its financial results for the first quarter 2018, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Mulatos in Sonora, 2.2 M tonnes were mined and 2 M tonnes of waste moved. Average grade of 1.75 M tonnes stacked was 0.84 g/t Au. As for high grade, 30.4 k tonnes were milled @ 8.11 g/t Au, for the production of 46,000 Oz Au at cash cost $786 per OZ Au, and AISC $842 per Oz Au. At El Chanate in Sonora, 1 M tonnes of ore were mined @ 0.60 g/t Au, with recoveries of 71% Au, to produce 13,800 Oz Au.
- Golden Minerals Co. provided business and financial results for the first quarter 2018. During the period Golden received $1 M from Electrum Global Holdings, LP. in exchange for an amendment to the Electrum farm-out agreement providing Electrum an additional 20% interest in the Celaya project. Also 4,800 m in 22 holes were drilled on the Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. Cash and cash equivalents of $2.7 M at the end of the period.
- Leagold Mining Corp. reported Q1 2018 production. During the period 7.7 M tonnes were moved on the open pit at Los Filos, Guerrero, of which 2.0 M tonnes were from ore @ 0.57 g/t Au. From underground 101 k tonnes were mined @ 5.47 g/t Au. In total 1.6 M tonnes were processed @ 0.97 g/t Au to produce 51,003 Oz Au at cash cost $880 per Au Oz and AISC of 1,039 per Au Oz. Test mining at the Bermejal underground deposit is to begin in Q2 2018. Leagold’s goal is to raise quarterly production from 50 K to almost 70 K by the end of the year.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. presented first quarter 2018 financial results, including figures from its operations in Mexico (Topia, Durango; Guanajuato mine complex, Guanajuato). Consolidated production came from 96.9 K tonnes milled, to obtain 491 K Oz Ag, 5,831 Oz Au at cash cost $12.76 per AgEq Oz and AISC $16.16 per AgEq Oz. For 2018 14,000 m of underground drilling are planned at the Guanajuato mines, and 5,000 m of surface drilling and 5,000 of underground drilling in the San Ignacio mine (part of the mine complex). Cash and cash equivalents were $60.9 M at the end of the period.
- Telson Mining Corp. informed on first quarter 2018 pre-production toll milling at its Tahuehueto property in Durango. During the period 9,503 tonnes of ore were milled @ 5.44 g/t Au, 62 g/t Ag, 4.5% Zn, 2.2% Pb, recovering 79.4% Au, 85.7% Pb, 84.4% Pb, 76.4% Zn to produce 360 tonnes of lead concentrate (50.2% Pb), 99.25 g/t Au, 1,185 g/t Ag, 12.2% Zn) and 713 tonnes of zinc concentrate (46.3% Zn, 7.41 g/t Au, 105 g/t Ag, 0.93% Pb).
- Primero Mining Corp. agreed to the extension of its revolving credit facility and the related guarantee provided by Wheaton Precious Metals Corp., to May 15th, 2018 or the closing of the business combination with First Majestic Silver Corp. (San Dimas, Durango).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Golden Minerals Co. released results from the 2,400 m, 22-hole drilling program at its Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. Some of the highlighted true width (TW) results comprise: 0.6 m @ 593 g/t Ag, 0.79 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb+Zn; 0.8 m @ 183 g/t Ag, 0.33 g/t Au, 0.1% Pb+Zn; 2.5 m @ 415 g/t Ag, 0.29 g/t Au, 1.5% Pb+Zn; 3.8 m @ 213 g/t Ag, 0.47 g/t Au, 0.8% Pb+Zn; 1.2 m @ 200 g/t Ag, 0.22 g/t Au, 0.15% Pb+Zn; 3.5 m @ 310 g/t Ag, 0.77 g/t Au, 1.3% Pb+Zn; 1.3 m @ 1,322 g/t Ag, 2.06 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb+Zn; 0.9 m @ 148 g/t Ag, 2.0 g/t Au, 1.5% Pb+Zn; 6.5 m @ 1,094 g/t Ag, 3.64 g/t Au, 1.3% Pb+Zn. The mineralization comprised oxide, mixed and sulfide materials in different intersects.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. informed the re-logging of drill core and the development of a geological model at Cerro del Gallo, in Guanajuato. On its San Antonio project in Baja California Sur, technical sessions were held with the Mexican Environmental Authority DGIRA in preparation of new future Environmental Assessment application submittal.
- Minera Alamos Inc. released its plans for a drilling campaign at the now combined Santana/Los Verdes property in Sonora. The phase one is to include 20 holes in 3,000 m of drilling, focusing on the Nicho extensions and Nicho Norte, into the contiguous Los Verdes claims. Previous drilling at the Santana project outlined significant mineralization associated to hydrothermal breccias hosted by stocks and batholithic intrusions. Heap leaching tests are being conducted on the Nicho Norte zone.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Endeavour Silver Corp. released its annual review and sustainability report. Sections of the report include: Safety and Health, Our People, Community, Environment, Economic. In words of its CEO, Bradford Cooke: “..is intended to show that sustainability relies on the connectedness between people, communities and the environment” (La Colorada, Sonora, El Castillo, Durango).
- Advance Gold Corp. engaged Nicosia Capital to assist on Investor Relations. “Advance will pay Nicosia a fee of $3,500 per month and issue 100,000 stock options at a price of $0.12 per share. The initial agreement with Nicosia has a term of two months to commence May.1st, 2018” (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
On the picture below, Very strong silicification and minor silicification on structures from a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 11th week of the year (March 12th to March 18th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven announcing exploration results, seven reporting deals and corporate issues, and two providing Q4 and annual 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure provided an update of exploration results at its Alacran project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals announced drill results from its La Kika project in Coahuila, Prize Mining reported sampling results at its manto Negro copper project, and Silver Bull presented drill results on its Sierra Mojada project. In Hidalgo, Prospero announced drill results at its Pachuca SE project. In Michoacan, Geologix presented 2017 exploration results from its Tepal project. In Guerrero, Alio reported drill results on its Ana Paula project. ON MINING, Impact reported Q4 and 2017 annual financial and production results at its Zacualpan Mine in Mexico State. Fortuna announced Q4 and 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Colibri closed a second tranche of a private placement for $135K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants on March 19, otherwise they will expire. Geologix granted incentive stock options to its personnel. Plata Latina announced debt restructuring. Primero reported shareholders voted in favour of the First Majestic transaction. Southern Silver announced initial analyst coverage report on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Rock Teck announced its intention to the vendors to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora. Orla Mining announced the appointment of its CFO.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Azure Minerals Limited, Azure announced that Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. has already logged and sampled all drill core from the eleven hole diamond drilling program completed in December 2017 at its Alacran project in Sonora. All samples were submitted to lab and results are expected to arrive next month. Teck also has informed Azure that it will be continuing its planned geological, geochemical and geophysics surveys in the first half of 2018, to be followed by more drilling in the second half of the year.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported 1st phase drill results at its la Kika project in Coahuila. Significant results were 1.1m of 10.4% Zn, including 16.7% Pb over 0.6m, 7m from surface, and 1.5m of 12.8% Zn, including 30.6% Pb over 0.4m, 7m from surface. A property-wide geochemical survey identified a 1.5km by 0.8km coincident Zn-Pb anomaly. This result opens the potential to the north of the property. Detail mapping, property-wide geophysics, and trenching work are currently underway. The company also announced that a mapping and sampling program is ongoing at its Monclova and Puerto Rico projects to generate drill targets.
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced sampling results at its manto Negro copper project in Coahuila. Highlights comprises 7m of 2.6% Cu & 212 g/t Ag, including 1.25m of 5.46% Cu and 404 g/t Ag at Pilar Grande mine, 0.3m of 5.5% Cu and 711 g/t Ag at level 4 of Pilar Grande Mine, and 0.25m of 45.5% Cu and >1.5K Ag at Los Ojitos. Other significant results are 1.85m of 3% Cu and 275 g/t Ag, including 0.65m of 4.44%Cu and 565 g/t Ag, and 1.35m of 1.73% Cu and 332 g/t Ag, including 0.3m of 4.9%Cu and 1,140 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., presented drill results of the final three drill holes collared in the newly discovered Sulphide Zone, which sits under the previously defined Oxide Zone at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlights include 10m @ 347 g/t Ag, 20.7% Zn, 1.25% Cu, and 1.35% Pb; 3m @ 303 g/t Ag, 20.1% Zn, 1.53% Cu, and 1.18% Pb; and 1m @ 127 g/t Ag, 21.1% Zn, 0.29% Cu, and 3.14% Pb. The recent drilling has extended the Oxide and Sulphide Zones to over 150m each along strike with high grade silver and copper to the north, and high grade silver, copper, and zinc to the south.
- Prospero Silver Corp., announced results of the 3 holes comprised in the initial drilling program at its Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. The intercepts were 1.35m of 227 g/t Ag, 12m of 0.39 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag (8-10m true thickness), and 0.75m of 6.4 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., presented results of the 2017 exploration program at its Tepal project in Michoacan. Company geologists developed a new structurally controlled exploration model for both property and regional scale and identified undrilled areas within and surrounding the three proposed PEA pits. They also discovered an unknown and untested high-sulphidation epithermal system underlying the Tepal property, which is now being prepared for drilling later this year.
- Alio Gold Inc, reported drill results at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. These holes were collared south of the proposed pit and on the southern edge of the alteration halo. Highlights include 19m of 6.45 g/t Au from 367m to 386m, and 55.70m of 1.3 g/t Au from 57.60m to 113.30m. IN addition, Alio has commenced a regional exploration work including an airborne magnetic survey targeting further breccia or skarn mineralization.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported Q4 and year-end 2017 production results at its mine in Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico. Impact milled 194,266 tonnes in 2017 to produce 907.8K Oz Ag with a mill grade of 172 g/t Ag from.
- Fortuna SilverMines Inc., announced Q4 and annual 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. On Q4, Fortuna milled 271.3K tonnes to produce 2M Oz Ag & 15K Oz Au, milling 1M tonnes during 2017 for a total annual production of 7.5M Oz Ag & 56K Oz Au.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, closed a second tranche of over-subscribed private placement for $135K. Total gross proceeds raised between the first and second tranche were $1,212,098.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No relevant news.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants by March 19, 2018 before their expiration date (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
- Plata Latina Minerals Corporation, entered into a debt settlement agreement with the major shareholder of the company. The debt related to a promissory note of $CAD 250K, bearing interest at 10% per annum (Naranjillo, Guanajuato).
- Primero Mining Corp., reported shareholders voted in favour of the transaction with First Majestic. With the acquisition of Primero, First Majestic adds to its portfolio one of the largest and richest precious metals mine in Mexico (Tayoltita-San Dimas, Durango).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced initial analyst coverage report by Fundamental Research Corp., entitled “Significant resource expansion in Durango” (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Rock Teck Lithium Inc., announced to the vendors its intention to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., granted incentive stock options to its employees, directors, officers, and consultants (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its CFO (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
On the picture below, a moly-copper manto in a prospect in Coahuila State, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.