VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, June 30, 2020 –Prime Mining Corp. (TSX.V:PRYM) (OTCQB: PRMNF) (Frankfurt:A2PRDW) (“Prime” or the “Company”) announced today that results from the Company’s ongoing surface exploration program continue to show significant mineralization at surface on the Los Reyes project, this time from the Tahonitas deposit, one of eight currently known adjacent gold-silver deposits. The Los Reyes mineralized zones are characterized by a low sulphide epithermal system containing silica stockwork veins that are generally formed in felsic subaerial complexes in extensional strike slip structural settings. Low sulphidation gold deposits are associated with magmas where ore deposition occurs several kilometres above the intrusion, and display certain alteration assemblages.
Vancouver, June 30, 2020 – Canasil Resources Inc. (TSX-V: CLZ, DB Frankfurt: 3CC, “Canasil” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that the Company expects to start an initial core drill program to test silver-gold targets at the Nora project in north-central Durango State, Mexico. Contractors from local communities have been engaged for road upgrades, building of drill pads, and for water supply. The drill is expected to mobilize to site during the week of July 8, 2020. Both the Company and the drill contractor have filed COVID-19 operating protocols and received approvals from the Mexican authorities. Particular care and attention will be paid during all operations to ensure the safety of local communities and the Company’s and contractors’ personnel working on site.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 26th week of the year (June 22nd to June 28th, 2020), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Notably, 6 of those were exploration updates and 6 more related to financing. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mining and Automotive industries are to operate even if there is a resurgence of Coronavirus cases. The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved US$11.6 M for 98 projects in 11 States. Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes. AMLO rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium industry…. but declares the conditions on which those conditions are granted have to be reviewed (Keep in mind what’s been happening in the electricity industry). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Ridgestone completed a maiden drill program on its Rebeico project; Tarachi Gold acquired the Tarachi property in Sonora; Aztec Minerals identified multiple chargeability anomalies at its Cervantes project; Tocvan Ventures released strong results of its soil program on the Pilar project. Vizsla Resources released high grade drilling results from its Panuco project. GoGold Resources released results from three more drill holes at its Los Ricos South project. ON MINING, VanGold Mining plans to clearing the shaft at the Pinguico property to provide access for sampling and eventually infill extraction. ON FINANCING, Southern Silver is eyeing a private placement to raise up to C$7 M. Aura Minerals authorized a dividend’s policy. First Mexican Gold granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants. Orex Minerals raised $989 K on the closing of the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement. Apollo Gold aims to raise up to $5 M. McEwen Mining refinanced its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GR Silver Mining released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. Magna Gold filed a technical report on its San Francisco mine, in Sonora. SilverCrest Metals updated on the development of the Las Chispas project under the Coronavirus emergency. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold announced that COFECE, the last bureaucratic hurdle, has cleared the transaction on its merger. Riverside Resources disclosed additional funding from BHP on its generative copper exploration program in Sonora. Southern Silver Exploration signed an agreement to acquire Electrum Global Holdings’s 60% share on the Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Candente Gold mobilized a team for the due diligence on the El Dorado project and the SDA mill in Nayarit. Hochschild optioned the Los Cuarenta property in Sonora from Riverside Resources. Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a LOI to option the “Jalisco Group of properties” from First Majestic. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Peñasquito donated medical supplies to the IMSS Hospital Número 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas. Esperanza Silver repaired the water supply system in San Agustín Tetlama, Morelos.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining and the Automotive industries to operate, even if there is a resurgence (hypothetical) of Coronavirus cases. Graciela Márquez, Economy Secretary, explained these industries are essential, and are to continue activities under any color of the health lights system.
- The Mining Fund Technical Committee approved the funding of 98 projects for US$11.6 M ($260.9 M pesos) for pavement laying, sidewalk construction and water supply nets. The funds are to be distributed as follows: Sonora US$6.12 M, Zacatecas US$2.47 M, Durango US$1.08 M, Coahuila US$0.93 M, Chihuahua US$0.71 M, San Luis Potosí US$0.21 M, Aguascalientes US$90 K, Jalisco US$54 K, Michoacán US$45 K, Oaxaca US$32 K and Hidalgo US$14 K.
- Canadian Mining companies are under pressure to pay disputed taxes to the Mexican government, according to University academics on the matter.
- The president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, rejected the idea of nationalizing the lithium exploitation in the country. His comment comes regarding the ideas expressed by Victor Manuel Toledo, Environment Secretary and staunch opponent of mining. According to the president, there is already a legal framework for contracts and concessions by the government for the exploitation of mineral resources. However, he also stressed that the conditions on which those concessions are granted have to be reviewed.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. completed the maiden drill program at its Rebeico project in Sonora. Under the program 1,674 m were drilled in ten holes. Most of the holes tested the geometry of gold-copper mineralization on the New Year Zone. Core samples are being submitted to the lab.
- Vizsla Resources Corp. released drilling results from two holes on the Napoleon vein corridor at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlighted core-length intercepts comprise: 8.2 m @ 739 gpt Ag, 11.06 gpt Au; 2.0 m @ 1,527 gpt Ag, 24.9 gpt Au on one hole; 2.5 m @ 454 gpt Ag, 9.20 gpt Au; 5.1 m @ 309 gpt Ag, 8.00 gpt Au, 2.22% Pb, 4.75 % Zn; 1.8 m @ 186 gpt Ag, 15.63 gpt Au, 1.12% Pb, 7.73% Zn in the second hole. True widths are estimated at between 46-66% of down hole lengths.
- GoGold Resources Inc. informed on the results from three diamond drill holes at the Los Ricos South project. The holes drilled at the San Juan, Rascadero and East veins returned core length intervals of 27 m @ 0.09 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag (including 4.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag); 39.0 m @ 0.45 gpt Au, 117 gpt Ag (including 11.0 m @ 1.40 gpt Au, 319 gpt Ag); 3.2 m @ 0.15 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag.
- Tarachi Gold Corp. commenced fieldwork at its Tarachi project in Sonora. Tarachi’s geological crews have begun a two-week field program of geological mapping and rock sampling of known mineral occurrences to verify historical work programs. Historical work includes drill intercepts of 5.0 m @ 34.5 gtp Au, 3.0 m @ 24.3 gpt Au; 1.32 m @ 110 gpt Au. The 2,560 ha project includes the San Javier, Pretoria, Chivitas, Jabali, Juliana, Texana and Tarachi concessions.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. identified multiple chargeability anomalies on a 3-dimensional IP-Resisitivity survey completed last year at its Cervantes property in Sonora. Each of the 6 porphyry prospects along the corridor exhibit strong porphyry alteration and Au (Cu) mineralization, while none of the Jacobo, Purisima West, Purisima East and Estrella targets have ever been drill-tested .
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. released results from the soil sampling survey undertaken at its Pilar property in Sonora. The results include values of up to 8 gpt Au and 317 gpt Ag, and collectively have highlighted the East Zone as a new focus area..
- VanGold Mining Corp. plans to begin clearing the El Pinguico shaft at its El Pinguico project in Guanajuato. The mucking of the shaft will allow the company to sample the lower part of the old workings infill, which on surface averaged 1.75 gpt Au, 183 gpt Ag. It will also allow the inspection of underground drifts for extracting the mineralized material, and check on past producing high-grade stopes.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. plans a fully marketed private placement aiming to gross proceeds for a minimum of C$7 M. The company entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Aura Minerals Inc. announced its board of directors approved a dividend policy (Aranzazu, Zacatecas).
- First Mexican Gold Corp. granted 2.5 M options to directors, officers and consultants (Hilda, Sonora).
- Orex Minerals Inc. closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $989 K (Sandra-previously Sandra Escobar-, Durango).
- Apollo Gold Corp. is conducting a non-brokered placement aiming to raise up to $5 M in gross proceeds (Eztzatlan, Jalisco).
- Mc Ewen Mining Inc. announced the refinancing of its $50 M senior secured term loan facility. “As part of the refinancing, Sprott Private Resource Lending II (Collector), LP has replaced Royal Capital Management Corp. as a lender and the administrative agent for the Term Loan; and Evanachan Limited, a corporation wholly-owned by Rob McEwen, remains a lender….. the maturity date of the Term Loan has been extended by two years to August 31, 2023” (El Gallo, Sinaloa).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. Released drill results from historic holes at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. These high-grade silver intercepts are outside the previously mined Pb-Zn-Ag-Au ore of the Plomosas mine area. Some of the highlighted true width (tw) intercepts comprise: 14.6 m @ 46 gpt Ag, 1.0 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 2.2% Zn; 5.4 m @ 326 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 0.7% Pb, 1.2% Zn (including 1.9 m @ 900 gpt Ag, 1.9 gpt Au, 1.9% Pb, 3.2% Zn); 2.1 m @ 349 gpt Ag, 0.4 gpt Au, 2.3% Pb, 1.3% Zn); 2.7 m @ 1,469 gpt Ag, 0.5 gpt Au, 2.2% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 17.4 m @ 4 gpt Ag, 3.6 gpt Au; 2.2 m @ 398 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn; 32.8 m @ 32 gpt Ag, 0.9 gpt Au; 9.8 m @ 28 gpt Ag, 0.7 gpt Au, 4.2% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 13 m @ 13 gpt Ag, 2.8 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 11.7 m @ 8 gpt Ag, 1.7 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.7% Zn.
- Magna Gold Corp. filed an independent technical report for the San Francisco Gold project in Sonora.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. continues activities at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. A fully confined camp for 160 persons has been built at the site. All personnel is tested for COVID-19, and transported to the project once the negative results are received. Currently eight rigs are operating on the H2 program focusing on the high-grade resource expansion at the veins Babicanora (SE, NE, deep), Babi Sur (SE to depth), Babi Vista (all directions), Babicanora Norte (SE, NW, deep), Las Chispas (SE to depth), Giovanni (SE to depth), William Tell (all directions), and Varela (all directions). “Underground development has resumed, with a target of 500 metres per month by Q3, 2020, under confined camp conditions. The first ventilation raise in the Babicanora area has been completed. “. The feasibility study is progressing.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Argonaut Gold Inc. and Alio Gold Inc. announced the receipt of the clearance decision from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) with respect to the pending merger between Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold. This approval “was the final government agency approval required before completing the merger, which is anticipated to occur between June 29, 2020 and July 3, 2020” (El Castillo, Durango; Ana Paula, Guerrero).
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced the continuation of the exploration agreement with BHP Exploration Chile SpA for the funding of generative copper exploration in the copper producing belt of Sonora. “BHP will be providing Riverside with US$720,000 to commence the first half of the second year of the Program to continue to grow the portfolio of copper projects which is an increase of US$220,000 from the initial plan ”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. entered into a definitive agreement with Electrum Global Holdings L.P. to acquire Electrum’s 60% ownership interest in Southern Silver Holdings Ltd. for current and future cash and share payments totaling US$15.0 M to gain 100% interest in the Cerro Las Minitas project, in Durango. Payments include US$5M in cash and US$2 M in shares by September 2020 (less credit for deposit of C$1.35 M paid in June 2020), US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares six months from closing and US$2 M in cash and US$2 M in shares one year from closing Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Candente Gold Corp. mobilized a team for the due diligence process on its acquisition process from Magellan Acquisition Corp. of the San Dieguito de Arriba processing plant and the El Dorado project in Nayarit. The Eldorado epithermal vein trend has been traced for 3.5 km along strike, hosting multiple mineralized zones, including distinct high-grade veins and lower grade bulk tonnage stockwork zones extending over tens of meters in width in both the hanging wall and footwall of the vein system.
- Riverside Resources Inc. entered into a definitive option agreement with Minera Hochschild de Mexico S.A. de C.V. for Riverside’s Los Cuarentas project in Sonora. Hochschild is to pay Riverside US$90 K on the signing of the agreement and invest US$8 M over four years in the property to earn 51%, upon which it can elect to earn an additional 24% by spending a further $3 M and producing a feasibility study. Upon completing the second phase earn-in, Riverside will have the option to sell its interest for US$20 M, while retaining a 1% NSR.
- Apollo Gold Corp. entered into a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with First Majestic Silver Corp. for a three-year earn-in option to acquire First Majestic’s “Jalisco Group of Properties”. Under the terms of the agreement Apollo will pay $250 K and issue 4.29 M shares and 1.5 M warrants on closing of the definitive agreement. A further $200 K and 1 M shares a year from closing and $300 K and 1 M shares two years from the closing date. Apollo commits to spend at least $1.25 M on the properties within 36 months of closing. The properties comprise 5,240 ha of mining concessions which include the Etzatlan, Ampora, La Calabaza, Piedra and Bola mines.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñasquito donated medical supplies in the fight against Coronavirus to the IMSS Rural Hospital number 12 in Concepción del Oro, Zacatecas.
- Esperanza Silver de Mexico repaired the water supply equipment supplying the 2,500 inhabitants of San Agustín de Tetlama community in Morelos.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Epithermal quartz-graphite vein, Hermosillo District, Sonora, Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) announces its partner on the Cervantes porphyry gold-copper property in Sonora, Mexico (the “Project”), Aztec Minerals Corp. (“Aztec”), reports final interpretation of a 3-Dimensional IP-Resistivity survey identifying multiple chargeability anomalies over a 5 kilometer (km) long corridor. (view IP chargeability map here) on the Project..
Vancouver, Canada –June 25, 2020– Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) announces that final interpretation of a 3-Dimensional IP-Resistivity survey completed last year has identified multiple chargeability anomalies over a 5 kilometer (km) long corridor (view IP chargeability map here) on the Cervantes porphyry gold-copper property in Sonora, Mexico.
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – June 23, 2020) – Ridgestone Mining Inc. (TSXV: RMI) (OTCQB: RIGMF) (FSE: 4U5) (“Ridgestone”) is pleased to announce that further to its May 27 th press release, a maiden drill program has been
completed on the New Year Zone, one of many prospective targets within its wholly-owned Rebeico Gold-Copper project in Sonora, Mexico. Ridgestone’s 35 sq. km Rebeico Project is located in the Sierra Madre Mineral Belt which hosts numerous
significant precious and base metals deposits.
VANCOUVER, BC, June 22, 2020 /CNW/ – GR Silver Mining Ltd. (TSXV: GRSL), (FRANKFURT:GPE), (OTCQB: GRSLF) (“GR Silver Mining” or the “Company”) –
is pleased to announce drill results at its 100%-owned Plomosas Silver Project (“Plomosas Project”) in Sinaloa, Mexico. These results are located in the Plomosas Mine Area, one of six priority areas with a combination of recent (2016 to 2018) and historical drill data being released by the Company.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the twenty five week of the year (June 15th to June 21tt, 2020), at least 44 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve disclosing deals and corporate issues, ten announcing financial rounds, six commenting on Mexican issues, five informing on exploration results, five discussing on social issues, four reporting on resources and developments, and two communicating production and financial results, ON MEXICO ISSUES, Minera Fresnillo published a press release regarding the events of last Friday, June 12, when a group of people committed excesses in the vicinity of the Fresnillo mine in Zacatecas. Fresnillo plc announced recruitment of 130 mine workers who labored at the Francisco I Madero mine in Zacatecas. Bacanora Lithium announced that it is set to start production at its Sonora project in Mexico in 2022, despite COVID-19 interruptions. Mexico has some of the largest undeveloped Ag deposits that have been slowed by economic weakness and price fluctuations. Senator Miguel Angel Lucero Olivas, president of the Mining and Regional Development commission, will present a point of agreement to maintain the Undersecretariat of Mining and, if possible, raise it to the Secretariat level. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Magna Gold announced plans to conduct initial drill programs at its La Pima, San Judas and Veta Tierra projects. In Sinaloa, Vizsla added a second rig at its Panuco project, and Kootenay released drill results from the first core hole collared at its Copalito project. In Durango, Mithril provided an update on its Copalquin project. In Jalisco, GoGold released drill results from nine holes collared at its Los Ricos South project. ON MINING, Magna Gold provided an update and reported production and financial results for May 2020 from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Santacruz reported consolidated Q4 and full year 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican mine operations. ON FINANCING, Aztec Minerals arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $3M (Cervantes project, Sonora). Candelaria Mining entered in a medium term loan facility for USD $9M (Pinos project, Zacatecas). Mammoth closed a non-brokered private placement for net proceeds of $141,250, which due to demand was increased to $167,475 (Tenoriba project, Chihuahua). Megastar closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $ 926,800 (Rama de Oro, Oaxaca). Telson formed a strategic funding alliance with Accendo Banco for USD $12M (Tahuehueto project, Durango). First Mexican closed the first tranche of its previously announced brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1,235,229.73 (Guadalupe project, Sonora). GR Silver completed a bought deal private placement for gross proceeds of $9,153,000 (Plomosas project, Sinaloa). Magna Gold announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $7,000,750 (San Francisco mine, Sonora). Mexus announced that it has paid $178,855.49 to satisfy an outstanding debt obligation (Santa Elena mine, Sonora). One World Lithium approved a temporary management cease trade order which, if granted, will prohibit trading in securities of the Company by certain insiders of the Company, whether direct or indirect (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Metals extended higher grade and expanded the drill program at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Canuc announced that it signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M3SH Technologies Inc., to distribute and sell technological solutions (San Javier project, Sonora). Magna Gold provided plans for its San Francisco mine in Sonora, and reported that a mine design has been completed and plans to advance a pilot test program for its Mercedes project in Sonora. Sierra Metals released drill results and confirmed the discovery of a new high grade Ag area at its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Bacanora Lithium received notification of the off-market transfer of a portion of the shares beneficially owned by Mark Hohnen (Sonora Lithium project, Sonora). Fortuna Silver reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Jose mine, Oaxaca). Oroco announced that its shares have been approved to trade on the OTCQB Venture market in USA (Santo Tomas project, Sinaloa). Prime Mining announced key management changes and amended its Los Reyes option agreement in Sinaloa. Silver Dollar signed a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire La Joya project, Durango from First Majestic. Newmont was ranked top miner in the 100 best corporate citizens list for 2020 (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). Torex announced management changes and results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (El Limón-Guajes mine complex, Guerrero). Tarachi Gold retained Digital 257 Technologies Inc., for digital media and capital market communication services and granted stock options to directors, officers and consultants of the compnay (Juliana project, Sonora). SilverCrest presented results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora). Silver Spruce granted 6.75M stock options to directors and consultants of the company (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Mining companies operating in Mexico have shown their support in different ways to face the COVID-19 pandemic. The Grupo Mexico Foundation donated preventive kits to the Fire Department, Red Cross and Civil Protection of the Sonoran capital, and delivered health and safety kits to the Taxco, Guerrero health sector. Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), delivered preventive material for the COVID-19 health contingency in the municipalities of Cocula and Valerio Trujano, in Guerrero State. Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc), strengthened security protocols to guarantee safe and contagion-free workspaces for its collaborators. Mina San Dimas of First Majestic received medical equipment to face contingency for COVID-19.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Minera Fresnillo (Fresnillo plc), published a press release regarding the events of last Friday, June 12, when a group of people committed excesses in the vicinity of the Fresnillo mine in Zacatecas, in which there were arrests of armed persons. The company initiated legal proceedings before the competent authority. Minera Fresnillo reiterated its respect for union autonomy, and the application of the Mexican rule of law, in particular, current labor legislation. The company also pointed out that there is a disinformation campaign promoted by a group of people that has not been conducted by the institutional media established by the law.
- Fresnillo plc, announced recruitment of 130 mine workers who labored at the Francisco I Madero mine in Zacatecas. The Francisco I Madero mine was indefinitely suspended a month ago but Fresnillo called them to present their documentation and participate in the contracting process to join the Fresnillo and Saucito mines in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. With this measure, the Mexican mining company will increase its base of collaborators, which will have a positive impact in the region, as 130 new direct and 520 indirect jobs will be generated.
- Bacanora Lithium plc, announced that it is set to start production at its Sonora project in Mexico in 2022, despite COVID-19 interruptions. The company could benefit from the momentum of a “green recovery” after the pandemic that could spur growth in the electric vehicle market, according to the analyst. The USD $420M project, to be carried out through a 22.5: 77.5% JV with strategic partner Ganfeng Lithium, will be the first to produce significant volumes of lithium in Mexico. Production is estimated to approximate 17,500tonnes per year of lithium carbonate, doubling to 35,000 tonnes starting in 2026 following a USD $380M expansion.
- Mexico has some of the largest undeveloped Ag deposits that have been slowed by economic weakness and price fluctuations. Four deposits with reserves totaling 178 B Oz Ag remain in the list: Cordero deposit in Chihuahua and owned by Discovery Metals, has resources for 595 M Oz Ag; Pitarrila in Durango, owned by SSR Mining with 552M Oz Ag, Metates in Durango, owned by Chesapeake with 526M Oz Ag; and La Preciosa in Durango owned by Coeur with 105M Oz Ag.
- Senator Miguel Angel Lucero Olivas, president of the Mining and Regional Development commission, will present a point of agreement to maintain the Undersecretariat of Mining and, if possible, raise it to the Secretariat level. Mexico can gain strength thanks to mining and this is a key point of support for the economic reactivation of the country, therefore it is necessary to have a government agency that can lead and represent a strategic sector such as mining.
- Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga Fernández, assured that the six mines he visited in Sonora are free of COVID-19. He also verified that strict protocols are being applied. So far, there have been no confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19 in any of the resumed Sonoran mines. The Undersecretariat of Mining, previously had already visited other mines in the states of Durango, Chihuahua, Zacatecas, and Coahuila, pointed out that there have been no outbreaks or contagions of COVID-19.
- Magna Gold Corp., announced plans to conduct initial drill programs at its La Pima, San Judas and Veta Tierra projects in Sonora. At La Pima, a highly prospective high-grade underground Ag project located 30km NE of the San Francisco open pit, Magna plans to commence a 2,000m core drill program once it completes the permitting process and surface ownership negotiations. At San Judas, located 50 km W of San Francisco open pit, it wants to initiate a first phase of RC drilling in Q4,2020, which will comprises 3,000m to test three of the seven priority targets identified to date. At Veta Tierra, located 5.5 Km NW of the San Francisco open pit, the company wants to re-initiate activities to complete an unfinished drill program that was commenced by Timmins Gold in 2013, which will include 2,000 of RC to test the lateral continuity of the Au mineralization indicated by previous drilling along a 300m trend of an exposed diorite intrusion.
- Vizsla Resources Corp., added a second rig at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. The company recently resumed its 14,500m drilling program focused on testing over 20 initial drill targets on its unexplored Panuco mining district. To date, only approximately 4,500m have been drilled.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., released drill results from the first core hole collared at its Copalito project in Sinaloa. The first hole (BDH-20-001) reached a depth of 105.2m and tested the eastern edge of the Cinco Señores vein, returning 106 g/t Ag over 22m, including 1.09 g/t Au and 244 g/t Ag over 3m and including 286 g/t Ag over 1m, and other interval of 0.25 g/t Au and 250 g/t Ag over 5m, including 0.1 g/t Au and 360 g/t Ag over 1m. The 3,500m drill program will continue with the next holes planned to test the Cinco Señores vein where chip sampling returned encouraging Au and Ag values such as 2.9 g/t Au and 426 g/t Ag over 3.2m; 0.24 g/t Au and 401 g/t Ag over 5.3m; 1,155 g/t Ag over 1m; 1.8 g/t Au and 396 g/t Ag over 1m; and 534 g/t Ag over 1m. Five additional principal veins of epithermal affinity remain to be drill tested.
- Mithril Resources Limited, provided an update on the exploration activities at its Copalquin project in Durango. “A permit for the drill program was issued in 2019 and is being fast tracked and expanded to include additional drill target areas. All drill pads have been constructed for the initial drill program with clear access tracks established. Drilling support infrastructure is progressing as planned, ahead of the arrival of the drill rig in the coming weeks”. Drilling will begin at La Soledad target, where over 600m of vein have been mapped at surface with an additional 400m of vein splaying off towards the El Indio mine workings to the east. Drilling will continue at Los Pinos and Los Reyes targets, each with approximately 400m of vein mapped at surface. These structures are the eastern extension of El Cometa. There are other interesting targets in the property but need further mapping and sampling to better define drill targets.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drill results from nine holes collared at its Los Ricos South project in Jalisco, including three at San Juan, four at the main Area, one at Rascadero and one at the East Vein. Significant intersections were encountered in hole LR-GG-174 (Main Area) with 2.56 g/t Au and 173 g/t Ag (4.86 g/t AuEq or 365 g/t AgEq) over 15m, including 8.33 g/t Au and 496 g/t Ag (14.94 g/t AuEq or 1,120 g/t AgEq) over 4.4m; hole LR-GG-169 (San Juan) with 3.18 g/t Au and 188 g/t Ag (5.68 g/t AuEq or 426 g/t AgEq) over 4.1m; and hole LR-GG-178 (East Vein) with 1.09 g/t Au and 97 g/t Ag (2.38 g/t AuEq or 178 AgEq) over 4.4m, including 1.88 g/t Au and 171 g/t Ag (4.17 g/t AuEq or 312 g/t AgEq) over 2.0m.
- Magna Gold Corp., provided an update on its San Francisco mine in Sonora and reported May 2020 production and financial results. In this period, Magna produced and sold 2,349 Oz Au at an estimated cash cost of USD $607 per Oz, resulting in Au sales of USD $4.2M and an operating profit of USD $2.8M. It also announced the commencement of mining and processing fresh mineralized material in August.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q4 and full year 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican mine operations. In Q4, 2019, Santacruz processed 220,154 tonnes to produce 1.32M Oz AgEq at a cash and AISC of USD $ 18.75 and $21.29 per Oz AgEq produced respectively. It reported revenues of USD $9,964 and a net loss of USD $16,017. In 2019 full year, the company processed 469,291 tonnes to produce 2.83M Oz Ag at a cash and AISC of USD $18.34 and USD $21.55 per Oz AgEq produced respectively. It reported revenues for USD $27,140 and a net loss of USD $20,432.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., arranged a non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of CAD $3M with sophisticated investors, shareholders and directors of the Company. Finder´s fees may be payable in cash and / or warrants on certain portions of the financing, subject to regulatory approvals. Part of the net proceeds will be used to conduct exploration work on its Cervantes porphyry Cu-Au project in Sonora and for general working capital purposes.
- Candelaria Mining Corp., entered into a medium term loan facility with Accendo Banco S.A. for USD $9M. Funds will be used for financing construction of its Pinos project in Zacatecas and for working capital purposes.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for net proceeds of $141,250, the same that due to demand was increased to $167,475. Gross proceeds will be used for working capital purposes, including corporate development expenses (Tenoriba project, Chihuahua).
- Megastar Development Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $926,800. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration on multiple properties within the Oaxaca, Mexico Au-Ag belt optioned from Minera Zalamera S.A. de C.V. (Yautepec, Magdalena and Rama de Oro projects, Oaxaca).
- Telson Mining Corporation, formed a strategic funding alliance with Accendo Banco for USD $12M. Funds will be used for the construction of the Tahuehueto mining project in Durango and general working capital purposes. Accendo also intends to purchase up to USD $500K of existing debt with Tahuehueto mining project´s suppliers and convert the debt into common shares of Telson. Additionally, Telson intends to conduct a non-brokered private placement for up to $750K.
- First Mexican Gold Corp., closed the first tranche of its previously announced brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $$1,235,229.73 (Guadalupe project, Sonora).
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., completed a previously announced bought deal private placement for gross proceeds of $9,153,000. GR plans to use the net proceeds to fund resource expansion and drilling at its Plomosas and San Marcial projects in Sinaloa, and for working capital and general corporate purposes. Brokers who helped with the financing will receive a cash commission of $636,660 and an aggregate of 2,358,000 non-transferable broker warrants at an issue price for a period of 12 months from the closing date of the offering.
- Magna Gold Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement for net proceeds of up to $7,000,750 and includes lead investments by Eric Sprott and two mining industry participants. The net proceeds from the private placement will be used for working capital purposes in connection with the company’s existing projects. In connection with the private placement, certain parties may receive a finder’s fee payment equal to 6% of the gross proceeds of the offered shares (San Francisco mine, Sonora).
- Mexus Gold US, announced that on June 13, 2020 it has paid $178,855.49 to satisfy an outstanding debt obligation (Santa Elena mine, Sonora).
- One World Lithium Inc., approved a temporary management cease trade order which, if granted, will prohibit trading in securities of the company by certain insiders of the company, whether direct or indirect (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Metals Corp., released results from 8 drill holes, and extends higher grade at is Cordero project in Chihuahua. Highlights include hole C20-326 with 2,470 g/t Ag, 0.02 g/t Au, and 0.4% Zn (2,489 g/t AgEq) over 0.7m; hole C20-328 with 69 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (197 g/t AgEq) over 51.9m, and 62 g/t Ag, 0.22 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, and 1.3% Zn (174 g/t AgEq) over 62.2m; and hole C20-330 with 38 g/t Ag, 0.16 g/t Au, 0.8% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (112 g/t AgEq) over 85.5m. Based on results Discover has expanded its drilling program from 30,000-35,000m to 50,000-55,000m and will be focused on: 1) “Targeting of broad zones of breccia-hosted mineralization in the east and north-east of both mineralized corridors and 2) Testing of the width, grade and continuity of extensive high-grade vein systems identified in and adjacent to historical artisanal underground workings during the early history of the Project”.
- Magna Gold Corp., provided an update on its Mercedes and San Francisco properties in Sonora. It reported that a mine design has been completed for its Mercedes project in Sonora, based on the initial drill program completed last year. It also reported that a suite of metallurgical tests work is currently underway. Magna´s objective is to extract 20K Oz Au with minimal associated operating and capital expenditures to provide additional information on the deposit that will guide future drilling and work programs. At San Francisco mine, it announced the execution of an initial four-month drill program in and around San Francisco and La Chicharra open pits to support the conversion of mineral resources to reserves. Magna also has retained Micon International Limited to complete a PFS to re-evaluate the resource model, examine potential operational improvements, and develop an optimized production schedule that incorporates all currently available drill data, updated operating costs and revised gold price assumptions. It is expected to be completed by the end of July, 2020.
- Sierra Metals Inc., released drill results and confirmed the discovery of a new high grade Ag area called Northeast-Southwest system of epithermal veins at its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. The new high-grade silver vein system was discovered as a consequence of a combination of mine development work in recent months and confirmatory drilling. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole DC20M658 with 0.1g/t Au, 304 g/t Ag, 0.34%Pb, and 0.25% Zn (327 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 9.35m; hole DC20M677 with 0.03 g/t Au, 1,140 g/t Ag, 0.37% Pb, and 0.36% Zn (1,163 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.90m; hole DC20M686 with 0.04 g/t Au, 428 g/t Ag, 0.46% Pb, and 0.76% Zn over a TW of 17.45m; and hole DC20M687 with 0.45 g/t Au, 890 g/t Ag, 1.74% Pb, and 3.2% Zn (1,151 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.85m.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Bacanora Lithium plc., received notification of the off-market transfer of a portion of the shares beneficially owned by Mark Hohnen, Executive Chairman of the Company. The transfer is ultimately to an existing superannuation pension fund of Mr. Hohnen (Sonora Lithium project, Sonora).
- Canuc Resources Corporation, announced that it signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M3SH Technologies Inc. This will allow Canuc to distribute and sell technological solutions enabling Canuc to facilitate application with mining and extractive industry clients (San Javier project, Sonora).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Jose mine, Oaxaca).
- Oroco Resource Corp., announced that its shares have been approved to trade on the OTCQB Venture market in USA under the symbol “ORRCF”, effective immediately (Santo Tomas project, Sinaloa).
- Prime Mining Corp., announced key changes in executive management and board of directors, appointing its new CEO, Executive VP, and two new board members. The company also announced that it entered into an amendment to its option agreement on Los Reyes project in Sinaloa, with Vista Gold Inc. The amendment provides for the cancellation of all ongoing NSR and back-in rights held by Vista, in consideration for accelerating the final USD $1.5M option payment owing to Vista and completing a series of additional cash payments totalling USD $2.1M. “Upon the company making the option payment, Vista will no longer retain a capped NSR on production from open-pit mining and a perpetual NSR on production from underground mining. In addition, Vista will no longer have the Back-in Right to assume a 49% non-carried interest in any underground mining project developed at the property”.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., signed a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire an initial 80% of interest following the exercise of which it may earn an additional 20% for an aggregate 100% interest in La Joya project, Durango from First Majestic Silver Corp. To acquire an 80% interest in la Joya, Silver Dollar will make a cash payment of $1.3M over four years, issue shares equal to 19.9% of Silver Dollar´s then outstanding common shares within one year, incur $1M of exploration expenditures within the first five years, and grant First Majestic a 2% NSR. If Silver Dollar incurs the exploration expenditures within the first three years; however, First Majestic will waive the remaining $600K – or nearly half – of the cash option payments. Silver Dollar may exercise its second option and acquire the remaining 20% (for an aggregate 100%interest) of the La Joya property by providing notice to First Majestic within 30 days of earning the first 80% interest and issuing to First Majestic additional shares equal to 5% of Silver Dollar’s then-outstanding common shares within five years. If Silver Dollar does not provide such notice, Silver Dollar and First Majestic will enter into a joint venture.
- Newmont Corporation, was ranked top miner in the 100 best corporate citizens list for 2020. It moved from 20th on last year´s list to 13th overall in 3BL Media´s (formerly Corporate Responsibility Magazine´s) 100 Best Corporate citizens (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas).
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., notified management changes and results from its annual general meeting of shareholders. It announced the appointment of its new CEO, Executive Chair, and Independent Director (El Limón-Guajes mine complex, Guerrero).
- Tarachi Gold Corp., retained Digital 257 Technologies Inc., for digital media and capital market communication services. The Company will compensate Digital 257 $10K per month for three months of service. Tarachi also granted 2,735,000 incentive stock options to directors, officers and consultants of the company at an exercise price of $0.31 per share (Juliana project, Sonora).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., presented results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., granted 6.75M stock options to directors and consultants of the company with an exercise price of $0.05 per share (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Mining companies operating in Mexico, have shown their support in different ways to the communities where they operate to face the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the Mexican Mining Chamber (CAMIMEX), 26 mining companies that operate in 16 entities of the country have made different contributions to the sanitary emergency. The contributions have been of a different nature, including donations of medical equipment and personal protection kits, basic services such as water and electricity, medical services, pantries, etc.
- The Grupo Mexico Foundation, donated preventive kits to the Fire Department, Red Cross and Civil Protection of Hermosillo, Sonora, in order to support public institutions that work daily for the benefit of the community in the face of the health contingency by COVID-19. The Grupo Mexico Foundation delivered 500 protection kits containing goggles, N95 masks to the Fire Department, 500 kits to Civil Protection, and 300 kits to the Red Cross Delegation in Hermosillo, Sonora. It also delivered 35 health and safety kits to the Taxco, Guerrero health sector such as the Adolfo Prieto General Hospital, the Mexican Red Cross Taxco delegation, the Mexican Institute of Social Security and Civil Protection. The donation consisted of 10 packages of safety kits that include tyvek suits, face shield and gloves, and the donation of 25 health kits consisting of tyvek suits, gloves, caps, shoe covers and disposable aprons.
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), delivered preventive material for the COVID-19 health contingency and surgical material to strengthen the health infrastructure in the Health Centers and Houses of the communities of Nuevo Balsas, Atzcala, Real del Limón and La Fundición, in the municipality of Cocula and Valerio Trujano and in the neighborhood of Tepecoacuilco, in Guerrero state.
- Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc), strengthened security protocols to guarantee safe and contagion-free workspaces for its collaborators. The protocols that the company has implemented have been in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Secretaries of Health, Economy and Labor of the Federal Government. Minera Penmont reinforced the cleaning tasks in all its facilities and disinfection of transport trucks for collaborators and suppliers. It placed disinfectant gel in areas of greater affluence and promoted the use of masks in offices and respirators in operating areas. In addition, it installed sanitary filters in which the health status of the personnel was evaluated with first-class equipment and the latest technology such as infrared thermometers and a thermal imager.
- Mina San Dimas of First Majestic received medical equipment to face contingency for COVID-19 in the San Dimas communities through the company clinic. It received specialized medical equipment to care for patients with acute respiratory diseases, other equipment including oxygen concentrators, laryngoscopes, as well as a capnograph and a portable emergency ventilator that together have a market price of around USD $65K.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, ptygmatic folds developed in a meta-sedimentary sequence in an orogenic Au prospect in Michoacan, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or “the Company”) announces the discovery of a new high-grade silver zone with significant widths in an area called Northeast – Southwest System of Epithermal Veins and is providing a corporate update for its Cusi Mine in Mexico.