April 5, 2018 – Vancouver, BC: Riverside Resources Inc. (“Riverside” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: RRI) is pleased to provide an update on the Ariel Copper Project (the “Project”) which comprises a 1,242-hectare mining concession located in northeastern Sonora, along the most productive copper belt in Mexico. Riverside holds 100% of the mineral rights to the concession and has conducted generative exploration work, which was funded through the exploration alliance with Antofagasta (see press release February 29, 2016). The Project covers an extensive zone of hydrothermal alteration, measuring 2.8 km in length by up to 1.9 km wide. The western half of the Ariel claim covers an extensive zone of porphyry copper style rock alteration that is now being explored by Riverside. The Ariel Project represents one of a number of prospective copper projects that Riverside will continue to work up and explore new potential joint-venture partnerships.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 11th week of the year (March 12th to March 18th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven announcing exploration results, seven reporting deals and corporate issues, and two providing Q4 and annual 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure provided an update of exploration results at its Alacran project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals announced drill results from its La Kika project in Coahuila, Prize Mining reported sampling results at its manto Negro copper project, and Silver Bull presented drill results on its Sierra Mojada project. In Hidalgo, Prospero announced drill results at its Pachuca SE project. In Michoacan, Geologix presented 2017 exploration results from its Tepal project. In Guerrero, Alio reported drill results on its Ana Paula project. ON MINING, Impact reported Q4 and 2017 annual financial and production results at its Zacualpan Mine in Mexico State. Fortuna announced Q4 and 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Colibri closed a second tranche of a private placement for $135K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants on March 19, otherwise they will expire. Geologix granted incentive stock options to its personnel. Plata Latina announced debt restructuring. Primero reported shareholders voted in favour of the First Majestic transaction. Southern Silver announced initial analyst coverage report on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Rock Teck announced its intention to the vendors to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora. Orla Mining announced the appointment of its CFO.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Azure Minerals Limited, Azure announced that Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. has already logged and sampled all drill core from the eleven hole diamond drilling program completed in December 2017 at its Alacran project in Sonora. All samples were submitted to lab and results are expected to arrive next month. Teck also has informed Azure that it will be continuing its planned geological, geochemical and geophysics surveys in the first half of 2018, to be followed by more drilling in the second half of the year.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported 1st phase drill results at its la Kika project in Coahuila. Significant results were 1.1m of 10.4% Zn, including 16.7% Pb over 0.6m, 7m from surface, and 1.5m of 12.8% Zn, including 30.6% Pb over 0.4m, 7m from surface. A property-wide geochemical survey identified a 1.5km by 0.8km coincident Zn-Pb anomaly. This result opens the potential to the north of the property. Detail mapping, property-wide geophysics, and trenching work are currently underway. The company also announced that a mapping and sampling program is ongoing at its Monclova and Puerto Rico projects to generate drill targets.
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced sampling results at its manto Negro copper project in Coahuila. Highlights comprises 7m of 2.6% Cu & 212 g/t Ag, including 1.25m of 5.46% Cu and 404 g/t Ag at Pilar Grande mine, 0.3m of 5.5% Cu and 711 g/t Ag at level 4 of Pilar Grande Mine, and 0.25m of 45.5% Cu and >1.5K Ag at Los Ojitos. Other significant results are 1.85m of 3% Cu and 275 g/t Ag, including 0.65m of 4.44%Cu and 565 g/t Ag, and 1.35m of 1.73% Cu and 332 g/t Ag, including 0.3m of 4.9%Cu and 1,140 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., presented drill results of the final three drill holes collared in the newly discovered Sulphide Zone, which sits under the previously defined Oxide Zone at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlights include 10m @ 347 g/t Ag, 20.7% Zn, 1.25% Cu, and 1.35% Pb; 3m @ 303 g/t Ag, 20.1% Zn, 1.53% Cu, and 1.18% Pb; and 1m @ 127 g/t Ag, 21.1% Zn, 0.29% Cu, and 3.14% Pb. The recent drilling has extended the Oxide and Sulphide Zones to over 150m each along strike with high grade silver and copper to the north, and high grade silver, copper, and zinc to the south.
- Prospero Silver Corp., announced results of the 3 holes comprised in the initial drilling program at its Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. The intercepts were 1.35m of 227 g/t Ag, 12m of 0.39 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag (8-10m true thickness), and 0.75m of 6.4 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., presented results of the 2017 exploration program at its Tepal project in Michoacan. Company geologists developed a new structurally controlled exploration model for both property and regional scale and identified undrilled areas within and surrounding the three proposed PEA pits. They also discovered an unknown and untested high-sulphidation epithermal system underlying the Tepal property, which is now being prepared for drilling later this year.
- Alio Gold Inc, reported drill results at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. These holes were collared south of the proposed pit and on the southern edge of the alteration halo. Highlights include 19m of 6.45 g/t Au from 367m to 386m, and 55.70m of 1.3 g/t Au from 57.60m to 113.30m. IN addition, Alio has commenced a regional exploration work including an airborne magnetic survey targeting further breccia or skarn mineralization.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported Q4 and year-end 2017 production results at its mine in Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico. Impact milled 194,266 tonnes in 2017 to produce 907.8K Oz Ag with a mill grade of 172 g/t Ag from.
- Fortuna SilverMines Inc., announced Q4 and annual 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. On Q4, Fortuna milled 271.3K tonnes to produce 2M Oz Ag & 15K Oz Au, milling 1M tonnes during 2017 for a total annual production of 7.5M Oz Ag & 56K Oz Au.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, closed a second tranche of over-subscribed private placement for $135K. Total gross proceeds raised between the first and second tranche were $1,212,098.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No relevant news.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants by March 19, 2018 before their expiration date (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
- Plata Latina Minerals Corporation, entered into a debt settlement agreement with the major shareholder of the company. The debt related to a promissory note of $CAD 250K, bearing interest at 10% per annum (Naranjillo, Guanajuato).
- Primero Mining Corp., reported shareholders voted in favour of the transaction with First Majestic. With the acquisition of Primero, First Majestic adds to its portfolio one of the largest and richest precious metals mine in Mexico (Tayoltita-San Dimas, Durango).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced initial analyst coverage report by Fundamental Research Corp., entitled “Significant resource expansion in Durango” (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Rock Teck Lithium Inc., announced to the vendors its intention to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., granted incentive stock options to its employees, directors, officers, and consultants (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its CFO (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, a moly-copper manto in a prospect in Coahuila State, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 10th week of the year (March 5th to March 11th, 2018), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and three articles on mining matters in Mexico published by newspapers. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Fraser Institute released the results of the 2017 survey on Mining Attractiveness by Jurisdiction, with Mexico stagnant at mid table due to low results on taxation regime, labor disruptions and security perception. The Sonora government is supporting the mining industry with the signature of a collaboration agreement with the Economy Bureau. The governors of Chihuahua and Oaxaca attended the PDAC in Toronto for promoting mining investment in their respective states. Other delegations present were from Durango and Zacatecas. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora Riverside announced a bigger land position at its Cecilia project; Oceanus has mapped the favorable El Tigre Formation rock package for 5 km in strike length at its El Tigre property; Mexus Gold updated on exploration of its 8 Hermanos property; Millrock disclosed interesting low grade drilling results from its Navidad property; Azure has started the second drill campaign at its Sara Alicia Au-Co property. In Chihuahua VVC Minerals received the permit for drilling its Samalayuca property; Radius updated on exploration at its Amalia project. In Guanajuato, Vangold started the phase two of drilling at its Pinguico property. ON MINING, two companies, Americas Silver and Santacruz Silver presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. Magellan Gold announced the restart of its mill in Nayarit. ON FINANCING, Canuc Resources closed a $1.1 M financing round, Colibri closed the first tranche of a financing round netting $1.08 M. Vangold announced the opening of a financing round for raising up to $2 M. Santacruz Silver obtained a US$2.3 M private loan. Starcore closed a financing round for $125 K with an insider. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Levon Resources released an updated mineral resource report for its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Alio Gold provided an exploration update at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Leagold updated its mineral resource estimate for its Los Filos mine and the Bermejal Underground deposits in Guerrero. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acted on the LOI to option a group of properties adjacent to its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. Autlan is to acquire all shares from Metallorum (it already controls an undisclosed percentage), which owns the Lluvia de Oro mine in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico stays about the same on the investment attractiveness index published yearly by the Fraser Institute. Mexico fell to the 50 (of 91 jurisdictions surveyed) position from the 44 (of 104) on the 2016 survey, affected mainly by low rankings in security, taxation regime and labor regulations/work disruptions. In 2014 Mexico was on the 24 position of 122 surveyed. Chile ranked 8 and Peru 19 on the 2017 survey. Below is the table for the perception of the taxation regime (which presents the effect of the recently imposed royalties as a hard fact). The security perception ranking, along the other rankings can be seen at the following link: (https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/survey-of-mining-companies-2017.pdf).
- The Sonora government is supporting the development of the mining industry in the state with the signature of a collaboration agreement with the Economy Bureau (Secretaría de Economía). The agreement looks to promote investment, better technical assessments, training and cut red tape. The mining industry represents 17% of the state’s GDP, with the state providing 31% of Mexico’s mining production. Sonora’s Governor Claudia Pavlovich has been pushing a proposal on the Deputies Chamber to install a 100% deduction of exploration expenses on the year these are incurred.
- The governors of Chihuahua and Oaxaca attended the PDAC in Toronto Canada to promote mining investment on their states. Both Javier Corral (Chihuahua) and Alejandro Murat (Oaxaca) attended the Mexico Mining Day 2018 and had personal interviews with companies doing business in their states or trying to set a foothold there. Other delegations present were from Durango and Zacatecas.
- VVC Minerals Corp. received the permit for drilling at its Samalayuca property in Chihuahua. The SEMARNAT permit approved 22 new drilling sites, in addition to 13 already approved. The drilling is to focus on La Gloria Extension area, La Concha pit area, La Zorra zone and the Julianna, Suerte and Trinidad areas. The completed and proposed drilling cover 7 Km of strike length on the property.
- Vangold Mining Corp. concludes phase 1 drilling, starts phase 2 drilling at El Pinguico property in Guanajuato. Vangold completed five of 15 drill holes targeting the underground stockpiles (backfill) on the El Pinguico vein, with poor recoveries and grades. While a better method of assessing these stockpiles is researched, the company has initiated the phase 2 drilling campaign targeting the lower El Pinguico vein extension below the old workings, 300 m below the surface.
- Riverside Resources Inc. announced that it has been granted the mineral rights to the Cecilia 1 concession, increasing the ground held on the Cecilia project in Sonora to almost 6,000 hectares. Epithermal Au-Ag mineralization is associated to a rhyolite flow-dome setting.
- Oceanus Resources Corp. updated on its exploration efforts on El Tigre property in Sonora. The El Tigre Formation is the rock package that host the historic El Tigre mine, which operated from 1903 to 1938, producing 353 K Oz Au and 67.4 M Oz Ag; the favorable El Tigre Formation has been now traced for 5 km.
- Mexus Gold US. presented an update on exploration of its 8 Hermanos and Scorpio_370 claims in Sonora. Mexus controls 2,800 hectares in an area with sedimentary rocks intruded by granodiorite, dioritic dikes and a diorite porphyry, all covered in turn by Tertiary volcanic tuffs and flows. Three samples from the 370 concession returned 9 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag; 47 g/t Au, 33 g/t Ag; 10 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag. Porphyry copper potential is highlighted on a report (no alteration is described).
- Radius Gold Inc. provided an update on exploration at the Amalia project in Chihuahua. The 10,380 ha project has Au-Ag mineralization defined over 2 km of strike length in high level chalcedonic veins, stockworks and breccias and deeper level structurally controlled higher grade mineralization. “Radius continues to advance the Amalia project and is currently permitting drilling and bulldozer trenching.” Recent channel sampling returned 4.5 m @ 10.3 g/t Au, 202 g/t Ag, extending the total strike length of the high-level epithermal mineralization of the Campamento zone to 500 m.
- Millrock Resources Inc. reported on first phase core drilling at its La Navidad project in Sonora, funded by earn-in partner Centerra Gold. In total, 2,130 m were drilled in 12 holes, with several anomalous intersections, like: 17.2 m @ 0.75 g/t Au (including 1 m @ 9.05 g/t Au); 15.65 m @ 0.60 g/t Au; 18.30 m @ 0.33 g/t Au; 18.0 m @ 0.12 g/t Au; 6.00 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 5.90 m @ 0.45 g/t Au; 57.0 m @ 0.29 g/t Au; 16.6 m @ 0.35 g/t Au.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced the start of the second drilling campaign on its Sara Alicia project in Sonora. “The Sara Alicia mineralised zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry. This intrusive event caused strong alteration and mineralising reactions in the limestones to form a skarn body which hosts massive and semi-massive sulphides containing the cobalt and gold mineralisation”. The first phase of this drilling campaign is to comprise 1,000 m in 10-12 holes, targeting along-strike and down-dip extensions. The second phase is planned to complete a 50 x 50 m drill pattern over the mineralized body.
- Americas Silver Corp. reported 4Q and year-end financial results for 2017, including some figures from its operations in Mexico. The San Rafael mine in Sinaloa declared commercial production on December 19, 2017, and was constructed for $16.3 M, 32% lower than the initial project guidance. For 2018 the company plans to produce 1.6 to 2.0 M Oz Ag and 7.2 to 8.0 M Oz AgEq. Cash balance at the end of December was $9.3 M, with net working capital of $11.8 M.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. Santacruz produced 865.4 K Oz AgEq during the year, including 139.7 K Oz AgEq during the fourth quarter. At Veta Grande in Zacatecas 102.1 K tonnes were milled @ 100 g/t Ag (127 g/t AgEq) and Ag recovery of 61% to produce 201.3 K Oz Ag, 424 Oz Au, 466 tonnes Pb, 803 tonnes Zn during the year. At Rosario in San Luis Potosi, 78.9 K tonnes were milled @ 52 g/t Ag (205 g/t AgEq) and a recovery of 85% Ag to produce 112.6 K Oz Ag, 1,007 Oz Au, 157 tonnes Pb, 1,489 tonnes Zn during the same period.
- Magellan Gold Corp. announced it has rehired employees and is restarting its 100% owned SDA mill in Nayarit. Operations are initially to reprocess tailing located at the site, with recovery of precious metals expected to defray holding costs of the mill while new ore sources are acquired. The mill last operated in November 2017 and processed third-party ore on a toll basis.
- Canuc Resources Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement financing with gross proceeds of $1.1 M (San Javier, Sonora).
- Colibri Resource Corp. has closed an over-subscribed first tranche on its previously announced $1 M financing, raising gross proceeds of $1.077 M. Total gross proceeds to be raised between the two tranches is expected to be $1.2 M (Pilar, Sonora).
- Vangold Mining Corp. announced a non-brokered private placement financing to raise up to $2 M, and fund the phase 2 drill program targeting the lower El Pinguico vein extension, and general working capital.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has arranged a loan from a private Bolivian mining company, for US$2.3 M. The loan bears interest at 9% per annum, is repayable July 1st, 2018, and is unsecured (Veta Grande, Zacatecas; Rosario, San Luis Potosi).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced the closing of its non-brokered private placement to an insider, for gross proceeds of $125 K (San Martin, Queretaro).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Levon Resources Ltd. announced an updated NI-43-101 mineral resource estimate and a 2018 preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the Cordero project in Chihuahua. The new estimate includes 990 M tonnes of ore @ 12.8 g/t Ag, 0.37% Zn, 0.17% Pb, 0.04 g/t Au as indicated resources and 282.2 M tonnes @ 20.7 g/t Ag, 0.75% Zn, 0.30% Pb, 0.04 g/t Au as inferred resources. The said resource contains 595 M Oz Ag, 1.63 M Oz Au, 12.7 B Lb Zn, 5.6 B Lb Pb in the indicated and inferred categories. The PEA includes an open pit mining rate of 40 K tpd (tonnes per day) to produce mineral concentrate, an annual production of 8 M Oz Ag, 44.8 K tonnes Zn, 31.1 K tonnes Pb, 11,900 Oz Au. Over the 29 year mine life on the PEA, 231 M Oz Ag, 2,863 M Lb Zn, 1,992 M Lb Pb would be produced.” Metallurgy is simple (side by side lead and zinc conventional flotation mills) with 88% overall recoveries after three rounds of bench-scale testing”.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided an update on exploration of its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. To date 1,300 m of the planned 3,800 m of surface drilling have been completed (two of six diamond drill holes), intersecting breccia mineralization as expected and awaiting assay results. Two new breccia targets were discovered by mapping within 1.5 km of the limit of the proposed pit, showing magmatic and hydrothermal breccia mineralization with traces of pyrite and arsenopyrite.
- Leagold Mining Corp. has filed a NI-43-101 technical report for the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. For Los Filos and Bermejal Underground deposits, measured and indicated resources amount to 13.53 M Oz Au, while inferred resources stand at 6.28 M Oz Au (Almost 20 million ounces of gold!).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp. has executed on the letter of intent (LOI) of an option agreement on the Rosario group of properties in Sonora. The Rosario concessions are adjacent to Sonoro’s Cerro Caliche property, covering 403.5 hectares, thereby increasing Sonoro’s land holdings in the area to 1,455 hectares. Sonoro is to acquire 100% interest on the property by paying the vendor (a Tucson resident) US$1.6 M payable in escalating cash installments over 72 months, with the initial installment of US$60 K payable on execution. The vendor is to retain 2% NSR, same that can be bought by Sonoro by US1 M for each one percent.
- Compañía Minera Autlán SAB de CV. is to acquire all the shares of Metallorum Holding, which owns the Lluvia de Oro mine in Sonora. The company is to invest US$25 M in the next three years to increase its manganese and ferroalloys production capacity.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, beautiful quartz vein with bladed calcite pseudomorphs at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 9th week of the year (February 26th to March 4th, 2018), at least 25 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six reporting deals and corporate issues, six providing exploration results, and two announcing financing rounds. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Torex clarified media misinformation in Guerrero. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals reported drilling results at its Cervantes property, and San Marco completed an IP survey at its 1068 project. Azure reported exploration results on Mina Blanca prospect within its Oposura project. In Chihuahua, Mammoth and Golden Minerals announced drill results at its Tenoriba and Santa Maria projects respectively. Golden Minerals also reported drill results at its Mogotes project in Durango. In Zacatecas, Defiance Silver identified a large target within its San Acacio project; Advanced Gold revealed exploration plans on its Tabasquena project. In Puebla, Almaden reported drill results at its Ixtaca project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold restarted the pad leaching at its Santa Elena Mine in Sonora (Caborca). Goldgroup announced 2017 gold production and expansion plans for its Cerro Prieto Mine in Sonora. Bacanora Minerals reported positive economics and favourable operating cost for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Santacruz reported mill expansion capacity on its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. Endeavour and Golden Minerals reported 2017 financial results on its Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Almaden announced a proposed private placement for $ 5.6M, and announced a subscription agreement with Newcrest Mining for gross proceeds of $ CAD 19M. Azure secured funding of approximately A$ 8.2M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Golden Minerals encountered mineralization in 14 holes drilled to increase the size of the existing resource estimate in its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Americas Silver provided an update on exploration results at its 120 zone, within the Cosala Mine in Sinaloa. Santacruz Silver announced additional drilling at its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold Corporation reported drilling results from its Las Minas projects, in Veracruz. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Excellon entered in a toll mill agreement with Hecla. Golden Minerals extended an option with HECLA to lease its oxide mill located in Velardeña, Durango. The company also amended the Celaya farm-out agreement with Electrum Global. Gainey Capital signed a letter of intent for the purchase and processing of a bulk sample with Grupo Wolinak. Newcrest acquired interest in El Cobre project. Torex appointed CFO. Dyna Resources announced favorable decision on its conflict with Goldgroup.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Torex Gold Inc., clarified media misinformation regarding a land agreement with Real del Limon Ejido in Guerrero. The company confirmed a binding 30-year land lease agreement with the Ejido.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., announced phase 1 drill results at its Cervantes project in Sonora. Significant drill results comprise 122m from surface of 0.60 g/t Au, including 62m of 0.88 g/t Au, and 170m from surface returning 0.42 g/t Au, including 32m of 0.87 g/t Au. This phase 1 drill program is focused on defining oxide gold mineralization in the upper 200m.
- San Marco Resources Inc. , completed a 2km by 2.8 km grid IP survey at its 1068 porphyry copper, gold and molybdenum project in Sonora. This survey detected a 1.2 km by 1.3km chargeability anomaly which coincides with pervasive quartz-sericite-clay-pyrite ± iron oxide alteration previously mapped on surface.
- Azure Minerals Limited, identified a 500m long by 250m wide strong zinc and lead soil anomaly at its Mina Blanca prospect within the Oposura project in Sonora and is coincident with high-grade mineralization from a rock sample collected in the Mina Blanca old working. Soil samples were tested with a portable XRF analyzer, with values reaching highs of 0.32% Zn and 0.15% Pb. The rock sample from the Mina Blanca old working returned 1.71 g/t Au, 1,600 g/t Ag, 4.6% Cu, 1.6% Pb, and 2.8% Zn. Azure announced further exploration plans, including drilling for its Oposura project.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., announced results of two holes drilled at its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua in the Moreno and Masuparia areas. El Moreno area drill hole intercepted 7.2m of 0.23 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag and 3.59 % Cu, while the Masuparia area hole returned 27m of 0.51 g/t Au from 28m depth, including 8.4m of 1.30 g/t Au, and 23.5m from 70m depth of 1.30 g/t Au, including 10m of 2.9 g/t Au and 5m of 4.9 g/t Au.
- Golden Minerals Company, drilled 8 holes in its Mogotes project in Durango, with low grade gold mineralization intercepted on 2 holes. The epithermal system seems to be deeper than the surface geochemical values initially indicated. Additional mapping and sampling is ongoing in the northern portion of the property.
- Defiance Silver Corp., carried out an IP survey at its San Acacio project in Zacatecas. The IP survey identified a 200m long by 300m wide target along the underexplored 900m Veta Grande vein, and requires an additional IP survey to close off the anomaly on the property. This undrilled target has the potential to host a virgin silver ore shoot at depth.
- Advance Gold Corp., announced plans to carry out underground mapping & sampling at its Tabasquena mine in Zacatecas, along with an IP survey followed by a drill program. The aim of the IP survey is to delineate the veins and trace their extension along strike.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., intersected 10m of 2.1 g/t Au, including 2m of 8.2 g/t Au from a drill hole located approximately 1.2 km southeast of the PFS open pit at its Ixtaca project in Puebla.
- Mexus Gold US.- restarted the pad leaching at its Santa Elena Mine in Sonora (Caborca), after fixing some recovery problems.
- Goldgroup Mining Inc., presented its annual gold production for 2017 at Cerro Prieto Mine in Sonora. The company produced 4,670 Oz Au in Q4 for a total 2017 production of 14.7K Oz Au. Goldgroup also announced expansion plans for its mine, including the acquisition of an adjacent property to Cerro Prieto Mine, and expects to produce over 22K to 25K Oz Au in 2018.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd., reported positive economics and favourable operating cost of 35K tonnes per year battery grade lithium carbonate operation, confirmed in recently FS on its Sonora Lithium project, in Sonora. The company also secured access and surface rights agreements and the environmental permit for the construction of an open pit mine and large-scale processing plant in site.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Inc., reported 85% progress of the mill expansion capacity to 750 tonnes per day on its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. The mill expansion is being funded by Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported 2017 financial results of its Mexican operations (six mines). The company produced 4.9M Oz Ag and 53K Oz Au during the year.
- Golden Minerals Company, reported 2017 financial results from its Mexican operations.
- Almaden Minerals Inc., announced a proposed private placement to raise $ 5.6M to continue drilling its El Cobre project in Veracruz. In addition, the company also announced a subscription agreement with Newcrest Mining ltd. for aggregate gross proceeds of $ CAD 19M. Newcrest will acquire an indirect interest of 19.9% in El Cobre project.
- Azure Minerals Limited, secured an oversubscribed A$ 8.2M placement to advance its Sara Alicia and Oposura projects in Sonora, fund ongoing exploration activities and provide general working capital.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Santacruz Silver Mining Inc. announced an expansion to include 3,000m of underground additional drilling at the Armados vein to better delineate a mine plan at its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. It also reported on the expansion of mill capacity, which is being funded by Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V.
- Mexican Gold Corp., revealed results from the resource expansion drilling program carried out at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Significant results returned 38m of 4.5 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, and 3.3% Cu, confirming the continuity of the high-grade mineralization encountered in previous drill holes. This result will increase the tonnage and grade of the maiden mineral resource estimate.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., announced a PFS at its Terroneras project in Jalisco, advancing the project towards a production decision, having received permits to build the mine and plant, and awaiting waste dump and tailings permits. It also completed a PEA at it’s the El Compas Mine in Zacatecas and has taken the decision to start the mine construction.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced an agreement with Hecla to toll mill sulphide ore from the San Sebastian Mine in Durango at its Miguel Auza processing plant in Zacatecas. The agreement envisages 400 tonnes per day or 12,000 tonnes per month to be milled at the plant.
- Golden Minerals Co. extended an option to lease its oxide mill to Hecla for an additional period of up to two years in exchange for a $1 M cash payment and the purchase of $1M in shares. The company also amended the Celaya (in Guanajuato) farm-out agreement with Electrum Global Holdings LP., same that will earn and additional 20% interest in exchange of a $1M payment, with the possibility to increase its interest to 80% by spending an additional $2.5M.
- Gainey Capital Corp., signed a letter of intent for the purchase and processing of a bulk sample with Grupo Wolinak.
- Newcrest Mining Ltd., acquired indirect 19.9% interest in El Cobre project, in Veracruz, through the investment of $ CAD 19M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., appointed CFO.
- Dyna Resources Inc., announced a favorable decision from a US District Court Magistrate Judge on its conflict on San Jose de Gracia Mine in Sinaloa with Goldgroup Mining Inc.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, chalcopyrite – magnetite mineralization on drill core from the Las Minas project in Veracruz State. Image from the March 3rd 2018, Mexican Gold Corp. press release.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 8th week of the year (February 19th to February 25th, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five companies reporting quarterly and/or full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure is to continue drilling its Sara Alicia Au-Co-Zn project; Evrim described the Sarape low sulfidation project. ON MINING, five companies, Starcore, Osisko Gold Royalties, Alio Gold, Argonaut Gold and Great Panther presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. ON FINANCING, Torex Gold announced an over-allotment of shares, taking the gross proceeds of its last offering to C$63.32 M. Evrim is accelerating the exercise of warrants that could add to up to $2.94 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Pan American, Avino Silver and Alamos Gold presented resource estimate updates for its operating units to the end of 2017. Southern Silver Exploration presented an updated mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Endeavour presented an update on development of its El Compas project in Zacatecas. Silver Bull disclosed drill results from its Sierra Mojada property in Coahuila. Almaden Minerals released more infill drill results from its Tuligtic project in Puebla. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Leagold announced the proposed take-over of Brio Gold, which owns a mine in Brazil. Bacanora Minerals is in the paperwork to move from the Canadian TSX to the British AIM stock exchange. Coeur Mining signed a LOI with Evrim on the acquisition of the El Sarape project in Sonora. Oroco Resource acquired interest on three concessions surrounding the Santo Tomas deposit in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Azure Minerals Ltd. intends to resume drilling within two weeks at the Sara Alicia project in Sonora. The mineralized zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry, forming a skarn horizon hosting massive and semi-massive sulfides with Au-Co grades. The mineralized body has a strong magnetic signature, extending for 300 m by 150 m and modelling of the magnetic data indicates a considerable vertical extent. The best intercept from the previous drilling was 26.2 m @ 9.5 g/t Au, 1.26% Co.
- Evrim Resources Corp. described the Sarape project in Sonora, recently optioned to Coeur Mining Inc. There are two major veins, The Sarape vein is 6 km long and up to 12 m in width, while the Chiltepin vein measures 2.6 km in length and up to 3 m in width. The western part of both veins contains barren white quartz and calcite veins, whereas the eastern portion is composed by a separate phase of low temperature, tan green quartz that consistently assays from 0.10 to 0.36 g/t Au, peaking at 3.6 g/t Au. Neither vein has been drilled.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. released production results for Q3 2018, ended on January 31, 2018. During the period 65.6 K tonnes were milled @ 1.23 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, producing 2,405 AuEq Oz at its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Recoveries stood at 83.7% Au, 53.3% Ag. The Altiplano facility in Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, received 176 tonnes of concentrate containing about 222 Oz Au, 35,634 Oz Ag, and sold 269 Oz Au, 23,561 Oz Ag.
- Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. presented Q4 2017 and full year 2017 results. While not presenting numbers, it reports an offtake agreement on production from Gogold’s Parral project in Chihuahua.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided its fourth quarter and year end 2017 results. During the year the San Francisco mine in Sonora produced 83,211 Oz Au, 38,911 Oz Ag, with 16,067 Oz Au, 7,873 Oz Ag produced during the fourth quarter 2017. At the Ana Paula project in Guerrero, Alio invested $17.3 M, with work ongoing for the definitive feasibility study (FS). Cash and cash equivalents by the end of 2017 amounted to $51.6 M, while working capital was $61.7 M.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. At El Castillo in Durango, during the year 8.14 Mt (tonnes) of ore,10.4 Mt of waste were moved, for a 51 K tonnes per day (tpd) rate, with the ore grading 0.36 g/t Au to produce 59,000 Oz Au at cash cost $1,015 per sold Au Oz. At San Agustin in Durango, since starting commercial production in October 1, 939 Kt of ore @ 0.5 g/t Au and 404 Kt of waste were moved for a 15 K tpd operation, to produce 10,302 Oz Au, 45,100 Oz Ag at cash cost $385 per Au Oz sold. At La Colorada in Sonora 18.87 Mt of ore @ 0.54 g/t Au and 23.35 Mt of waste were moved at a 64 K tpd rate to produce 50,796 Oz Au, 174,330 Oz Ag at cash cost of $691 per Oz Au sold. During the fourth quarter $2.8 M of income tax was recovered. For 2018 the company expects to produce 165 K to 180 K AuEq Oz.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. reported financial results for 2017. Without disclosing production by unit, the Topia (Durango), San Ignacio (Guanajuato) and Guanajuato mine complex produced 1.98 M Oz Ag, 22,501 Oz Au at cash cost $5.76 per Ag Oz, cash cost of $12.11 per AgEq Oz and AISC of $15.07. Cash and short-term deposits at year-end were $56.9 M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. issued as an over-allotment an additional 130,500 common shares on the previously announced offering, augmenting the aggregate gross proceeds to C$63.32 M.
- Evrim Resources Corp. is accelerating the exercise date of the company’s common share purchase warrants date December 16, 2015. If all the remaining outstanding warrants were exercised, these would raise cash proceeds of $2.94 M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported an update on development progress at El Compas project in Zacatecas. The plant refurbishment is 90% complete, mine power and mine portal infrastructure completed and only 100 m of development to reach the ore body. The plant design has been modified to increase capacity from 250 tonnes per day (tpd) to 325 tpd, with the mine plan expanded from 200 tpd to 250 tpd, with potential to go to 500 tpd. The improved operating metrics would take production to 1.175 M AuEq Oz per year, and needs an increase of only 13% on Capex.
- Pan American Silver Corp. updated mineral reserves and resources, including figures for its properties in Mexico. Globally Pan American mined 30.6 M contained Ag Oz of its silver reserves, but replaced 33.2 M contained Ag Oz, to end 2017 with 288.4 M contained Ag Oz.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. released results of seven drill holes targeting the Sulfide Zone under the oxide resource at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Significant results comprise 2 m @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu; 2 m @ 1,300 g/t Ag, 13.5% Zn, 3.9% Cu, 2.9% Pb; 4 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 4.3% Zn; 6 m @ 5.8% Zn, 0.47% Cu; 6 m @ 802 g/t Ag, 5.9% Zn, 3.3% Cu, 0.5% Pb.
- Avino Silver & Mines Ltd. completed an updated mineral resource estimate for the Avino property in Durango. This updated mineral resource estimate includes 34 drill holes that were completed during the drill programs from 2016 to 2017.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported updated mineral reserves and resources as Dec 31, 2017, including figures from its Mexican operations. The company has 5.07 M Oz Au in mineral reserves and resources in its Mexican projects, according to the table below. A total of $13 M and 41,500 m of drilling has been budgeted at Mulatos for exploration in 2018, with focus on Carricito.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released drill results from the infill program at its Tuligtic project in Puebla. The holes were drilled beneath the proposed pit, which stresses the potential for expansion. Highlighted intervals comprise: 101.45 m @ 1.94 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, including 46.20 m @ 3.87 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag, and 28.95 m @ 5.61 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 13.10 m @ 9.35 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag; 53.90 m @ 0.48 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, including 12.00 m @ 3.60 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag, and 5.00 m @ 7.91 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag; 57.55 m @ 1.29 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, including 3.00 m @ 16.87 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. filed a NI-43-101 compliant technical report on a mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. The indicated resource on the Blind Zone, El Sol, Las Victorias and the Skarn Front zones add up to 10.13 Mt @ 102 g/t Ag, 0.10 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 33.35 M Oz Ag, 34 K Oz Au, 319 M Lb Pb, 813 M Lb Zn, 33 M Lb Cu. The inferred resource in the Blind, El Sol and Skarn Front zones add another 8.68 Mt @ 74 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Zn, 4.5% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 20.72 M Oz Ag, 12 K Oz Au, 131 M Lb Pb, 870 M Lb Zn, 29 M Lb Cu. The four separate mineral deposits form sets of sub-parallel steeply dipping mineralized zones extending more than 1,000 m along strike and up to 600 m depth.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Leagold Mining Corp. announced the proposed take-over bid on Brio Gold Inc. by Leagold will now be completed on a Brio board supported basis. “The total consideration to be paid by Leagold in exchange for all of the issued and outstanding Brio shares is approximately US$279M….”. The combined entity is expected to produce between 420,000 and 475,000 oz of gold in 2018 Brio’s shareholder meeting is expected to be held in April 2018 (Los Filos, Guerrero).
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. entered into an arrangement agreement to facilitate the Company’s proposed reorganization to effect a re-domicile to the United Kingdom as Bacanora UK on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Upon listing Bacanora UK, Bacanora Canada intends to delist from the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Evrim Resources Corp. signed a letter of intent (LOI) with Coeur Mining Inc. on the Sarape epithermal Au-Ag project in Sonora. The transaction involves a US$100 K in cash upon signing a definitive agreement, a first-year commitment of US$500 K in exploration. Once those terms are completed Coeur can earn-in a 51% interest by producing a NI-43-101 preliminary economic analysis (PEA) on a minimum inferred resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. Coeur can elect to earn-in an additional 39% by delivering a NI-43-101 feasibility study (FS) on a minimum measured and indicated resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. From this point Coeur will pay US$100K per year until mining and construction permits are received, at which point Evrim can elect to participate on the JV with a 20% interest, or convert that interest to a 3% NSR, of which one third can be purchased by Evrim for US$2.0 M. Evrim will be the operator up to completion of the PEA, after which Coeur shall be the operator.
- Oroco Resource Corp. acquired a 77.5% interest on La China II and Amp. Santo Tomás Reduccion 1 mineral concessions from Santo Tomas Metals S.A. de C.V., and a 77.5% interest in an application for the Papago 17 application from Ubaldo Trevizo Ledezma, in Sinaloa. The three properties add to 6,978 ha and abut and surround the Santo Tomás copper porphyry. Oroco acquired its interest on La China II by the payment of CDN$6,700 and its interest on AMP Santo Tomas Reduccion 1 with the payment of CDN$33,400. The latter concession has been cancelled, but it is deemed to be recoverable to good standing. The Papgo 17 concession interest was acquired by the payment of CDN$6,700 and the issuance of 2 M shares. All three concessions are subject to a 2% NSR. Oroco also holds a 13.6% and an option to acquire a further 6.4% equity interest in Altamura Copper Corp., a British company that acquired the Santo Tomas concessions, and is in negotiations to acquire the remaining Altamura shares (Note for clarity.-Altamura has an ownership legal dispute with a third party on the Santo Tomas concessions, where the known deposit is).
On the picture below, section on the San Rafael Mine, as seen at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
Vancouver, British Columbia — Silver Bull Resources, Inc. (TSX: SVB, OTCQB: SVBL) (“Silver Bull”) is pleased to provide results of 7 drill holes from its continued underground drill program targeting the newly discovered Sulphide Zone, which sits under the previously defined oxide zone on the Sierra Mojada Project in Coahuila, Northern Mexico.
Highlights from the seven holes announced in this news release include:
- Hole T17022 — 6 meters @ 802g/t silver, 5.87% zinc, 3.3% copper, and 0.54% lead.
- Hole T17019 — 2 meters @ 1,300g/t silver, 13.52% zinc, 3.87% copper, and 2.95% lead.
- Hole T17021 — 6 meters @ 5.8% zinc, and 0.47% copper.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 7th week of the year (February 12th to February 18th, 2018), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five reporting its Q4 and annual 2017 results, six providing update on exploration at their projects, and six announcing financing rounds. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure commenced a regional exploration program within its Oposura project. It also reported results from soil and ground magnetic surveys at its Sara Alicia project. Riverside provided update on exploration and drilling at its Glor project in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Consolidated Zinc announced high-grade drill results from Tres Amigos area at its Plomosas property; Kootenay announced a drill program at its la Cigarra project. In Durango, Hecla discovered new high-grade zones between known veins on its San Sebastian project. ON MINING, Telson announced the startup of pre-production developing mining and processing at its Campo Morado Mine in Guerrero, and the results of pre-production mining and processing at its Tahuehueto Mine in Durango. Avino reported annual production results for 2017 and 2018 outlook for the Avino and San Gonzalo Mines in Durango. GoGold reported the sale of 366.4K Oz Ag Eq produced at its Parral operation in Chihuahua. Capstone, Hecla and Agnico presented Q4 and annual production results for 2017. Mexus announced sale of gold produced at its Santa Elena Mine in Caborca, Sonora. ON FINANCING, GoGold reported income of $42.9M and income of $30M for Q4 2017. Levon closed a non-brokered private placement for $900K. Orla closed bought deal financing for $30.77M. First Majestic closed an over-allotment option for $150M. Agnico participated in Orla Mining financing acquiring $3M on shares. Alamos Gold announced a financing round of $CAD 3.3M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure commenced a geological modelling and maiden resource estimation at its Oposura project in Sonora. Sierra Metals disclosed a new mineral resource estimate for its Cusi Mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Telson Resources announced a change of name to Telson Mining Corporation. San Marco Resources, Impact Silver, and Defiance Silver announced the appointments of Investor Relations, CFO and interim President & CEO respectively.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Azure Minerals Limited, announced positive results in two of its projects in Sonora. At Sara Alicia project, Azure reported a strong 200m by 100m Co-Au anomaly from a close-spaced soil sampling with highest values of 1.26 g/t Au and 0.15% Co, which show a close association with strongly magnetic skarn confirmed by magnetic surveys. A separate high-grade Zn anomaly exceeding 1,000 ppm Zn was also identified from the soil sampling. Average of 26 samples is 0.45% Zn with a maximum value of 3.54% Zn. A drill program to test these positive results is in preparation. Azure also announced that the resource definition drilling program comprising 76 holes for 4,196m at the east zone of its Oposura project has finished. It also reported good portable XRF analysis of samples returning high-grade rock chips up to 8.3% Pb and 2.3% Zn. A geological modelling and maiden resource estimation is expected to be completed in April 2018.
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed a drilling program focused on its Puerto Alamo target within its Glor project in Sonora. The drill program comprised seven holes for a total length of 1,212m. Several narrow intervals were intersected from 1 to 4.7m in thickness @25 to 0.35 g/t Au. Stream sediment and soil sampling followed by mapping and rock sampling are planned for Q1 2018. Riverside also announced drill results from its Clemente project in Sonora where the best intersection returned 0.7m @ 827 g/t Ag, 0.23 g/t Au, and 2.1% combined Pb+Zn. Plans to explore undrilled potential areas of Au and Ag at the Santa Elena zone are in progress.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, announced drill results from the infill resource definition program at Tres Amigos Zone within its Plomosas Mine in Chihuahua. The most significant intersection comprise 5.65m @3% Zn, 7.6% Pb, and 24 g/t Ag; 4.50m @ 36.5% Zn, 0.76% Pb, and 9.3% Ag, including 1.0m @ 35% Zn, 0.97% Pb, and 7 g/t Ag. These high-grade results expand the Tres Amigos mineralized horizon up to 120m down dip.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., is to commence a first phase 5,000m drill program on its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. The goal is to test La Borracha Zone, the continuity of the high grade bearing structures such as the 104 vein, and the undrilled Nogalera Gold trend. A second phase drill program will be determined based on the results of this initial drilling.
- Hecla Mining Company, discovered new high-grade zones expanding the polymetallic mineralization at San Sebastian in Durango, similar to the Huge Zone on the Middle and Francine veins. Drill results on the West Middle Vein include 317 g/t Ag, 3% Cu, 10% Pb, and 18% Zn over 1.34m and 385 g/t Ag, 4 % Cu, 6% Pb, and 9% Zn over 1.65m. On the Francine vein, drilling results include 295 g/t Ag, 2% Cu, 5% Pb, and 5% Zn over 1.92m to the east and 411 g/t Ag, 2% Cu, 4% Pb and 6% Zn over 1.1m to the west. Drilling continues to expand resources and evaluate polymetallic targets along the Middle and Francine veins and the plan is to also evaluate near-surface, oxide mineralization at the Professor, North and Esperanza veins.
- Telson Resources Inc., announced the successful startup of pre-production developing mining and processing at its Campo Morado Mine in Guerrero. Telson milled 106.6K tonnes with average head grades of 3.57% Zn, 0.38% Cu, 0.85% Pb, 0.83 g/t Au, and 103 g/t Ag to produce 5,021 tonnes Zn concentrate and 2,013 tonnes of Pb concentrate. Telson also announced results of pre-production mining and processing at its Tahuehueto Mine in Durango, with 22,662 tonnes produced from El Creston Zone with average head grades of 6.94 g/t Au, 84.36 g/t Ag, 5.29% Zn, and 2.64% Pb, of which only 14,377 tonnes were milled.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., reported annual 2017 production of 1.4M Oz Ag, 8K Oz Au, and 4.4M Lb Cu from its Avino and San Gonzalo Mines, and announced the completion of an updated PEA for the Oxide Tailings. Avino is working on a plant and mine expansion to increase capacity at the processing plant.
- GoGold Resources Inc., generated revenue of $5.8M on the sale of 366.4K Oz Ag Eq. GoGold stacked 362K tonnes during Q4 2017, which were all reprocessed tailings. For Q4 2017, GoGold reported total comprehensive income of $42.9M and net income of $30M.
- Capstone Mining Corp., reported Q4 and annual 2017 production results from its Cozamin Mine in Zacatecas. During the fourth quarter, 4,254 tonnes of Cu were produced at a cash cost of $1.04 per Lb Cu produced and all-in cost of $2.08 per Lb Cu produced. For the full year, 16,732 tonnes of Cu were produced at a cash cost of $1.16 per Lb Cu produced and all-in cost of $1.90 per Lb Cu produced.
- Hecla Mining Company, reported production of 759K Oz Ag and 5,955 Oz Au in Q4 and 3.3M Oz Ag and 25,177 Oz Au for the full year of 2017 from its San Sebastian Mine in Durango. Hecla generated cash for $62.4M and spent $11.2M resulting in free cash flow of $51.2M.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, reported annual 2017 production of 330,400 Oz Au from its Mexican Mines, which include 180,860 Oz Au from Pinos Altos and 48,400 Oz Au from Creston Mascota Mines in Chihuahua, and 101,120 Oz Au from La India Mine in Sonora.
- Mexus Gold, announced the sale of a small amount of gold produced in a test run at its Santa Elena (Caborca) Mine. The company as hired a new engineer to run the mine since the heap leach pad has shown recovery difficulties.
- Levon Resources Ltd., closed a brokered private placement of $900K. Net proceeds will be used for corporate cost and working capital (Cordero project, Chihuahua).
- Orla Mining Ltd., closed a bought deal financing for gross proceeds of $30.77M. Net proceeds will be partially used for exploration and development activities in its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced the issuance of $US 6.5M aggregate principal amount of 1.875% unsecured convertible senior notes due 2023 to the exercise in part of the over-allotment option granted in connection with the previously announced offering of $US 150M (Six Mines in Mexico).
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, announced the acquisition of 1.74M units of Orla Mining for a total consideration of $3.05M (Pinos Altos, Chihuahua).
- Alamos Gold Inc., announced the sale of 3M shares of Corex Gold Corp., by a private share purchase and sale agreement with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd at a price of $CAD 0.13 for a gross proceeds of $CAD 3.3M. After this transaction, Alamos has not shares in Corex (Mulatos, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Limited, commenced a geological modelling and maiden resource estimation at its Oposura project in Sonora, which is expected to be completed in April 2018. This resource estimation along with other project development studies will be used to prepare a scoping study (SS) / preliminary economic assessment (PEA) scheduled for the third quarter of 2018.
- Sierra Metals Inc., filed a technical report to disclose the new mineral resource estimate on its Cusi Mine in Chihuahua. Total measured mineral resources are 362K tonnes @ 225g/t Ag, 0.55% Pb, 0.68% Zn, and 0.13g/t Au. Total indicated resources are 4.2M tonnes @ 217g/t Ag, 0.64% Pb, 0.66% Zn, and 0.21 g/t Au. Total inferred resources are 1.63M tonnes @ 158 g/t Ag, 0.54% Pb, 0.84% Zn, and 0.16 g/t Au. Sierra Metals reported that the total measured + indicated resources increased 129% to 4.56M tonnes from 2M tonnes, while total inferred resources increased 36% to 1.6M tonnes from 1.2M tonnes previously reported.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Telson Resources Inc., announced a change of name from Telson Resources to Telson Mining Corporation (Campo Morado, Guerrero).
- San Marco Resources Inc., announced the appointment of its Investor Relations Consultant (Chunibas, Sonora).
- Impact Silver Corp., announced the appointment of its CFO (Guadalupe-Minas de Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico).
- Defiance Silver Corp., announced the appointment of its interim President & CEO (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
On the picture below, banded chalcedonic quartz with Ag sulphosalts from a project in Durango State. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
Leisure is the mother of all vices, according to an old Mexican proverb, and having ample spare time during the worst part of the down cycle in the mining industry during 2015 led to creation of this weekly newsletter. First by fueling the creation of the Gambusino Prospector site to publish exploration and mining news, and then noticing that in mid-late 2015 there were news releases worth compiling and spreading, like the private raising of noticeable amounts of cash, and then by compiling the news releases by areas of interest. It was a matter of trial and error until a workable format was born. And remember, there was time available, as the downturn was not throwing much work in our way. The bottom of the downturn was felt in early 2016, with raising spirits in March after PDAC, spirits that continued high through May and Midyear. Things were looking brighter through the end of 2016, but it would take until 2017 for work to noticeably increase in Mexico. The past year has brought relief to drillers and laboratories, as well as some work for geoscientists and other professionals of the exploration area, but full work is still to come. The expectations for this year are high, even if a swing to a full boom is not expected, but a clear optimistic mood can be perceived in the exploration industry. Having said that, compiling and publishing the news releases takes a two or three hours every week day, and compiling, writing and publishing this newsletter takes anything from four hours (a few times in the year) to up to 12 hours in the more extreme cases…… every week of the year. Believe me, we have learnt to dread the times of the year when the quarterly reports are released. Writing the highlights every week is both a pleasure and hard work that satisfies and exhausts. For the last two years Miguel Heredia was taking care of finding and publishing the press releases from companies working in Mexico and I was doing the compression of the information in a few pages. We now have the help of Laura Ramirez in the research and publishing phase, and starting next week Miguel Heredia and I are to start sharing the task of producing the newsletter in alternate weeks.
During the 2nd week of the year (January 8th to January 14th, 2018), things come back to normal with at least 30 press releases being announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the illegal blockade at El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero continues. A government sanctioned process to set a date to clear the issue will be held at the end of the month (the end of the month!). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Riverside is awaiting drill results from its Glor and Clemente projects and announced its intention to drill during 2018 its Cecilia project; Canuc informed the delineation of several breccia bodies at its San Javier project; San Marco released high-grade copper results from a new zone at its Chunibas project. In Chihuahua Golden Goliath is in the process to select drill targets at its San Timoteo project. In Coahuila, Silver Bull announced high-grade channel sample results from underground workings at its Sierra Mojada project. In Durango, Riverside announced its intention to drill the El Capitan project during 2018. In Guanajuato, Vangold is to measure the underground stockpile (backfill) at its Pinguico mine. In Estado de Mexico Impact Silver updated on exploration on the Zacualpan district. In Hidalgo, Prospero released interesting results on the first drill campaign at the El Petate project. ON MINING, Seven companies: Torex Gold, Coeur Mining, Hecla Mining, Endeavour Silver, Capstone Mining, Alio Gold and Alamos presented preliminary Q4 and annual production results for 2017. Santacruz Silver announced the commencement of construction work to expand the mill capacity at Veta Grande, Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Avino Silver is now formally on the TSX. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Southern Silver updated its resource estimate on Cerro Las Minitas in Durango to over 50 M Oz Ag, 400 M Lb Pb, 1,600 M Lb Zn. Leagold released the high-grade results of the last 15 holes of its 2017 infill and expansion drill program at the Bermejal underground deposit in Guerrero. First Majestic drilled over 800 holes and 156,000 m on its six operating mines and one prospect during 2017. For 2018 its plan is to drill 183,000 m on the same properties and prospect. Minera Alamos has completed the geotechnical reports on the La Fortuna project in Durango, to submit for approval to SEMARNAT. Kootenay Silver is to focus work in 2018 in the expansion of resources and increasing grade on its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. Mexican Gold plans to focus exploration work in expanding the resource and finding more orebodies at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. Starcore International is to prepare a PEA on the La Fe property in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Torex Gold informed two of the largest communities near its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero, Nuevo Balsas and Salvador Trujano, have publicly supported the company and have asked the state government to intervene to lift the illegal blockade. First Majestic has entered into an agreement to acquire Primero Mining in a deal valued in $320 M.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The illegal blockade at El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero continues. Torex Gold informed that two communities, Nuevo Balsas and Valerio Trujano have publicly supported the company and have asked the state government to intervene to lift the illegal blockade. The company is using an alternate route to enter and inspect the facilities while a government sanctioned process for selecting the workers union by vote is underway with a meeting scheduled for January 30, 2018, at which time the parties are expected to agree to a timeline for a vote (vote that the blockading union is expected to try to delay).
- Impact Silver Corp. updated on exploration work at the Santa Teresa target, located on the Royal mines of Zacualpan district in Estado de Mexico. Numerous north-south and northeast striking veins transect the Santa Teresa area, with 197 assays greater than 1 g/t Au and up to 114.5 g/t Au. Half of the veins have extremely low sulfide content. The presence of a feldspar porphyry is considered to enhance the prospectivity of the area.
- Riverside Resources Corp. informed on its exploration plans for 2018, which include the reception of drill results from the Glor and Clemente projects in Sonora, the drilling of the El Capitan project in Durango and Cecilia in Sonora. New partnerships will be explored to advance the Tajitos, (Sonora), La Silla (Sinaloa), Thor (Sonora) and Ariel (Sonora) projects.
- Vangold Mining Corp. is to star underground drilling at its Pinguico property in Guanajuato on January 15, 2018. The drilling is to focus on grade definition of the underground stockpile (backfill) which is thought to amount 500 K tonnes, to define grade and metallurgical properties. The phase 2 program is to target the Pinguico vein to depth and on strike.
- Canuc Resources Corp. announced that several breccia targets have been exposed and sampled at its San Javier project in Sonora. Recent mapping has shown that the Carranza breccia could extend over an area roughly 400 m by 100 m. Select zones of this breccia have previously assayed 238 g/t Ag, 0.7 g/t Au over 11 m and 133 g/t Ag, 1.1 g/t Au over 6.5 m. Another breccia has been mapped on the Jazmin workings, with local high grade silver-gold results. Over 400 samples have been sent to the lab, assays are pending.
- San Marco Resources Inc. released assay results from the newly discovered Cu-Ag mineralization on its Chunibas project in Sonora. The rock chip sampling followed the recognition of a geochemical anomaly in a soil survey, resulting in the discovery of isolated outcrops on otherwise covered terrain of presumably intermediate volcanic rocks strongly altered by an assemblage of epidote>chlorite>quartz>calcite>specularite. Results of 16 samples include 0.1%, 5.9%, 0.87%, 0.76%, 1.38%, 0.97% 1.8%, 0.41%, 3.72%, 0.25% Cu; 1, 51, 6, 8, 19, 4, 17, 4, 66, 4 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. informed on high-grade results from channel samples in newly opened and reconditioned historic workings at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The new zone comprises 350 m of old working, where 39 channel samples up to 2 m in length were collected, with 21 samples returning over 10% Zn and a peak value of 30.7% Zn; 21 samples over 100 g/t Ag and a peak value of 606 g/t Ag; nine samples over 5% Pb and a peak value of 17.6% Pb. “Our underground geological mapping shows a number of high angle structures up to 2 meters wide containing sulphide mineralization grading up to 1,300 grams per ton silver, 42% zinc, 18% lead, and 13% copper that appear to feed into the overlying oxide zone.”
- Golden Goliath Resources Ltd. is to complete early in 2018 the drill targeting that was commenced on 2017 at its San Timoteo property in Chihuahua. Past work included a review of past data, including geology, geochemistry, structural geology, geophysics and drilling. Final drafting and final drill target selection remain to be completed. The company anticipates receiving a US$100 K option payment in 2018, and a final payment of US$2.8 M in November 2018. This would provide more than enough funding required for drilling without the need for any further dilution that a private placement would create.
- Prospero Silver Corp. released drill results from its EL Petate prospect in Hidalgo. Highlights include 24.9 m @ 0.76 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag; 12.6 m @ 0.51 g/t Au; 16.0 m @ 0.75 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag; 3.9 m @ 1.18 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag; 14.7 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag; 1.1 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 1.5% Zn; 10.0 m @ 0.49 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag; 3.2 m @ 1.96 g/t Au, 34 g/t Ag, 0.1% Zn; 19.3 m @ 0.32 g/t Au, 1 g/t Ag; 12.8 m @ 0.28 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag. These holes were drilled on the El Tajo and Apartadero SE targets. Prospero is now planning to drill the Pachuca SE prospect, with funding being provided by partner Fortuna Silver.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed that 241 K Oz Au were poured during 2017 at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero (The production is for the first 10 months of the year, before the illegal blockade by a union trying to grab a contract that continues to date).
- Coeur Mining Corp. announced fourth quarter and annual production, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, during the fourth quarter 389.5 K tonnes were milled @ 215 g/t Ag, 3.1 g/t Au, with a recovery rate of 87% Ag, 92% Au, to produce 2.35 M Oz Ag, 37,537 Oz Au. During the year 1.5 M tonnes were milled @ 175 g/t Ag, 2.8 g/t Au.
- Hecla Mining Co. released preliminary silver and gold production results for the fourth quarter and full year 2018, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At San Sebastian in Durango, during the fourth quarter 759.1 K Oz Ag, 5,955 Oz Au were produced, while 3.26 M Oz Ag, 25,177 Oz Au were produced during 2017. Cash and cash equivalents stood at $219 M at the end of the year.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. produced 4.9 M Oz Ag, 53,007 Oz Au on its three operating mines in Mexico during 2017. During the fourth quarter 1.39 M Oz Ag, 14,577 Oz Au were produced from its Guanaceví mine in Durango, and the Bolañitos and El Cubo mines in Guanajuato. At El Compas in Zacatecas, initial production is targeted on March 2018, At Terronera in Jalisco permits have been received to build the mine and the plant, while receipt of the dumps and tailings permit is awaited.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reports that abiding by the terms of the LOI signed with Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V., Carrizal has commenced construction works to expand the Veta Grande mill to 750 tonnes per day (tpd). In addition Santacruz has received permit for a surface drill program at the Veta Grande project which includes 6,000 m in 15 drill holes on the first phase, funded by Carrizal.Capstone Mining Corp. released Q4 and full year 2017 production results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Cozamin in Zacatecas, 219.9 K tonnes were mined in the fourth quarter, 223.5 K tonnes were milled (2,430 tpd) @ 1.98% Cu, 0.71% Zn, 0.06% Pb, 46 g/t Ag, recovering 96.2% Cu, 64.2% Zn, 0.9% Pb, 79.7% Ag, to produce 4,254 tonnes Cu, 1,015 tonnes Zn, 3 tonnes Pb, 263.3 K Oz Ag. During the year, 912 K tonnes were mined and milled (2,499 tpd) @ 1.91% Cu, 0.71% Zn, 0.07% Pb, 43 g/t Ag, with recoveries of 96.1% Cu, 65.5% Zn, 8.0% Pb, 78.7% Ag, to produce 16,732 tonnes Cu, 4,232 tonnes Zn, 50 tonnes Pb, 1.0 M Oz Ag.
- Alio Gold Inc. informed on preliminary production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. During the fourth quarter 1.72 M tonnes were processed @ 0.46 g/t Au, 6.23 M tonnes of waste were moved for a total of 7.99 M tonnes mined, to produce 16,070 Oz Au and 7,873 Oz Ag.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported fourth quarter and annual 2017 production, including figures from its operations in Mexico. During the fourth quarter Mulatos and El Chanate produced 42,700 and 12,100 Oz Au respectively, and 160,000 and 60,400 Oz Au on the whole year. The budget for development of La Yaqui Grande and Cerro Pelon is $13 M, focusing on engineering, permitting and early stage construction. During 2018 open pit grades mined and stacked on the heap leach pad are expected to range between 0.75 and 0.95 g/t Au. “A total of $13 million and 41,500 m has been budgeted at Mulatos for exploration in 2018 with the main areas of focus being El Carricito, La Yaqui Norte – Halcon, El Refugio, San Carlos and the near mine area”. At El Chanate mining activities are expected to cease mid-2018. Total crushed and run of mine ore is expected to average 9,700 tpd @ 0.69 g/t Au.
- ON FINANCING
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. has received final approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) to list its common shares and warrants on January 8th, 2018. Concurrently with the TSX listing, the Shares and Warrants will be delisted from the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) (Avino, Durango).
- ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. updated the mineral resource estimate at its Cerro Las Minitas JV project in Durango (SSV 40%, Electrum Global Holdings LP 60%). The resource was calculated on four deposits: Blind zone, El Sol, Las Victorias and Skarn Front, with 10.1 M tonnes @ 102 g/t Ag, 0.10 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.15% Cu as indicated resources, holding 33.4 M Oz Ag, 34 K Oz Au, 319 M Lb Pb, 813 M Lb Zn and 8.7 M tonnes @ 74 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 4.5% Zn as inferred resources containing 20.7 M Oz Ag, 12 k Oz Au, 131 M Lb Pb, 870 M Lb Zn.
- Leagold Mining Corp. reported results for the final 15 drill holes at the Bermejal Underground project at the Los Filos mine in Guerrero. These infill and step-out holes intersected high grade intervals like (true width): 4.16 m @ 9.2 g/t Au; 3.05 m @ 8.8 g/t Au; 1.77 m @ 10.1 g/t Au; 1.77 m @ 61.3 g/t Au; 7.43 m @ 12.4 g/t Au; 5.12 m @ 8.1 g/t Au; 3.89 m @ 7.0 g/t Au; 8.08 m @ 5.9 g/t Au; 13.59 m @ 4.75 g/t Au; 6.89 m @ 12.3 g/t Au; 14.08 m @ 20.2 g/t Au; 7.34 m @ 35.6 g/t Au; 10.49 m @ 8.79 g/t Au; 14.33 m @ 8.0 g/t Au; 23.57 m @ 6.1 g/t Au. A total of 111 holes comprising 56,280 m were drilled in this program, from April to December. To date the Bermejal Underground deposit contains 2.1 M Oz Au contained on 10.8 M tonnes @ 6.0 g/t Au. Los Filos currently operates two open pits, Los Filos and Bermejal, and the Los Filos underground mine.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. disclosed a year-end review of its 2017 exploration program, which includes over 156,500 m of diamond drilling on 807 holes across its six operating mines and the Plomosas project. Highlights include a new discovery at Ermitaño West (in Sonora) with drill TW intersects of 37 m @ 3.0 g/t Au, 50 g/t Ag; 12.9 m @ 4.7 g7t Au, 277 g/t Ag; identification of the Main Vein extension to the west at Santa Elena in Sonora; discovery of the La Fe replacement orebody at La Encantada in Coahuila; discovery of the Cerro de Santiago vein at La Parrilla, in Durango; the extension of the Santa Teresa vein to the south at Del Toro mine in Zacatecas; the continuation of the Hedionda vein in the San Martin mine in Jalisco; the Nazareno northwest extension and the Nazareno de Ancas finding at La Guitarra in Estado de Mexico; the extension of the Plomosas vein and finding a new stockwork system at Plomosas in Sinaloa. For 2018, a 183,000 m drilling program is envisaged across the six operating mines and the Plomosas project.
- Minera Alamos Inc. has completed the geotechnical studies for the approval of its mine development permits for the La Fortuna gold project in Durango. The study that includes the design of the containment facilities comprise the final data package to be submitted to the environmental authorities (SEMARNAT).
- Kootenay Silver Inc. informed on 2017 activities at La Cigarra in Chihuahua. The drilling of 37 core holes resulted on significant discoveries In the RAM and Las Venadas zones. Other activities include the re-logging of the entire La Cigarra deposit, mapping and sampling of seven other prospective zones. Work in 2018 is to focus in increasing the current resource and grade at La Cigarra. At La Negra, in Sonora, partner Pan American Silver announced the results of 26 holes from an infill program, including 7.5 m @ 529 g/t Ag within 40.8 m @ 194 g/t Ag.
- Mexican Gold Corp. informed on work completed during 2017 at its Las Minas property in Veracruz, which includes the completion of an initial 43-100 resources estimate for two of eight known mineralized zones, the completion of 5,873 m of drilling at El Dorado/Juan Bran and Cinco Señores zones, the extension of several zones, the identification of a parallel mineralized zone at Cinco Señores, the completion of geophysical surveys and the purchase agreements on several claims. For 2018 the focus is to expand the initial resource on El Dorado/Juan Bran and the Santa Cruz zone; exploration drilling of the Cinco Señores and Las Minillas zone; the field exploration at the Santa Cruz, Pueblo Nuevo and Changaro zone.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. has engaged Global Kompas to undertake a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) of the Santa Fe project in Sinaloa. The property was previously optioned by another company, completing two explorations programs up to 2014 which concluded with no mineral resource, but that discovered multiple veins and mineral ore shoots.
- ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. informed on the state of affairs on the illegal blockade at its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero, announcing that two of the larger communities, Nuevo Balsas and Valerio Trujano have publicly supported the company and have asked the state government to intervene to lift the illegal blockade. Access to the mine site has been gained through a road used during construction on the Rio Balsas Ejido land, allowing crews to inspect the site, make maintenance plans and plans to re-start operations if the security of the site can be assured. The government sanctioned process for a workers’ vote to select the union they want to represent them is underway with a meeting scheduled for January 30, 2018, at which time the parties are expected to agree to a timeline for a vote (date that the blockading union is expected to try to delay).
- First Majestic Silver Corp. has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire all issued and outstanding shares of Primero Mining Corp. by exchanging Primero’s shares for First Majestic shares on the basis of 0.03325 of a First Majestic common share for each Primero common share. Concurrently First Majestic has entered into agreement with Wheaton Precious Metals International Ltd. (WPM) whereby the current silver streaming interest at Primero’s San Dimas Ag-Au mine in Durango will be terminated. First Majestic and WPM are to enter into a new stream arrangement based on 25% of the gold equivalent production at San Dimas, with ongoing payments of $600 per AuEq Oz delivered under the agreement. As part of the transaction WPM will receive 20.9 M common shares of First Majestic, valued at $151 M. The total transaction values is estimated at $320 M.
- On the picture below, argillitized porphyritic intrusive with quartz veining and minor sericite alteration still visible, in a prospect of the Durango Altiplano. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
During the 1st week of the year (January 1st to January 8th, 2018), at least nine press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Azure informed Teck drilled 11 holes on a 4,905 m drill program on the El Alacrán project; Colibri is planning a drilling program at its El Pilat project. In Sinaloa, Santana released drill results on its Cuitaboca project. ON MINING, Leagold informed the production of 191.2 K Oz Au during 2017 at Los Filos mine in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, Mammoth settled debt with shares and granted options to management and directors; SilverCrest Metals granted options to directors, officers, employees and consultants, while its president entered into a private placement with the company. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT; Sierra Metals updated its resource estimate on El Cusi mine, Chihuahua, with over 40 M Oz Ag, 38 K Oz Au, 83 M Lb Pb, 96 M Lb Zn in measured, indicated and inferred resource categories. Premier Gold updated on exploration realized during 2017 on its Mercedes property in Sonora, boasting several wide high-grade drill intervals on several prospects. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Santana Minerals Ltd. provided an update on the exploration of its Cuitaboca project in Sinaloa. Three reverse circulation (RC) holes were drilled on the Las Animas/Evangelina structures, returning 11 m @ 32 g/t Ag; 2 m @ 44 g/t Ag; 2 m @ 52 g/t Ag in one hole, 2 m @ 51 g/t Ag; 29 m @ 34 g/t Ag; 13 m @ 23 g/t Ag in other hole and 10 m @ 23 g/t Ag. At Mojardina South five holes were drilled, returning 66 m @ 36 g/t Ag; 7 m @ 110 g/t Ag; 53 m @ 47 g/t Ag; 8 m @ 157 g/t Ag; 15 m @ 100 g/t Ag; 12 m @ 102 g/t Ag. Current drilling at La Plata prospect is testing a 2 km strike length of high grade mineralization previously identified by trenching.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. informed that Teck Resources Ltd. completed their first drilling campaign at the El Alacrán property on Sonora. After exercising the back-in clause to earn an ownership interest in the project, Teck carried during 2017 geological mapping, surface geochemical sampling and geophysical (IP and CSAMT) surveys, confirming two high priority targets, on which 11 holes totaling 4,905 m were completed. Teck is expected to deliver the results in February 2018.
- Colibri Resource Corp. has plans for a two-phase drilling program on the Main Zone of its El Pilar gold project in Sonora. To date, Colibri has defined an in-house resource on the Main Zone deposit of 700 K tonnes @ 1.9 g/t Au (Non 43-101 compliant). The new program is designed to expand this resource and define it by NI-43-101 standards.
- Leagold Mining Corp. achieved mid-point of guidance of production at it Los Filos mine in Guerrero, with 191,195 Oz Au. Since the Los Filos acquisition on April 7, 2017, the mine has produced 145,192 oz of gold.
- Mammoth Resources Corp. settled debts totaling $21 K owed to certain insiders by issuing shares, and granted 783 K stock options to management and directors of the company (Tenoriba, Chihuahua).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. entered into a private placement agreement with its new president, Christopher Ritchie, for CAD$750 K. Also 955 K stock options were granted to directors, officers, employees and consultants of the company (Las Chispas, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Sierra Metals Inc. updated its mineral resource estimate for the Cusi mine in Chihuahua. The resource estimate includes drilling from 2014 to August 2017, and a further 48,684 m drilled afterwards on the Santa Rosa de Lima structure. The resource estimate includes 362 K tonnes @ 225 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.55% Pb, 0.68% Zn as Measured; 4.2 M tonnes @ 217 g/t Ag, 0.21 g/t Au, 0.64% Pb, 0.66% Zn as indicated and 1.6 M tonne @ 158 g/t Ag, 0.16 g/t Au, 0.54% Pb, 0.84% Zn as inferred; containing 31.8 M Oz Ag, 30.2 K Oz Au, 63.4 M Lb Pb, 66.2 M Lb Zn in the measured and indicated category, and 8.3 M Oz Ag, 8.3 K Oz Au, 19.6 M Lb Pb, 30.4 M Lb Zn in the inferred category.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. updated on exploration at its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where 349 core holes were drilled during 2017. On the Mercedes vein trend, highlighted results in the Barrancas, Brecha Hill and CasaBlanca comprise 12.20 m @ 69.5 g/t Au, 112 g/t Ag (including 3.05 m @ 226 g/t Au, 63 g/t Ag); 15.25 m @ 22.9 g/t Au, 73 g/t Ag; 17.0 m @ 12.0 g/t Au, 50 g/t Ag; 3.45 m @ 58.3 g/t Au; 74 g/t Ag; 3.05 m @ 23.9 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag; 7.65 m @ 13.7 g/t Au, 132 g/t Ag; 3.75 m @ 12.2 g/t Au, 231 g/t Ag. At Diluvio-Lupita highlighted results comprise 6.0 m @ 19.6 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag; 19.0 m @ 7.35 g/t Au, 1.9 m @ 14 g/t Au, 131 g/t Ag. At Rey de Oro highlighted results comprise 6.0 m @ 70.5 g/t Au (including 1.0 m @ 413 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag). The newly discovered Axis vein as well as several other target areas is to be tested systematically during 2018.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
On the picture below, argillitized porphyritic intrusive with minor quartz veining, in a prospect of the Durango Altiplano. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
MPACT Silver Corp. (“IMPACT” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an exploration update on a new and developing gold target within the Royal Mines of Zacualpan Silver District in central Mexico. Although work will be continuing on the silver-gold veins that have provided five centuries of historical production at the Zacualpan District, the work at Santa Teresa represents a new initiative for IMPACT’s exploration team to explore different sorts of mine making targets.
As a result of technical interpretation and additional field work, a new, possible bulk tonnage, gold target named Santa Teresa is being advanced by the IMPACT exploration team. Channel, chip and grab samples of bedrock have returned grades ranging up to 114.5 g/t gold, with 17 samples having more than 10 g/t gold and 197 greater than 1 g/t gold. Additional rock sampling and geological mapping has been initiated to designate drill targets.
Santa Teresa is located in the Valle de Oro sub-district of dominantly gold veins located four kilometers southwest of IMPACT’s producing Guadalupe mill and immediately to the south of IMPACT’s past producing Nochebuena (silver) and Carlos Pacheco (gold) mines. To the northeast is the large Coronas mine, one of the oldest and better known past producers of the Zacualpan district.