Southern Silver Exploration Corp. (TSX.V:SSV) (“Southern”) reports that Kirkham Geosystems Ltd. (“KGL”) has completed an update of its independent Mineral Resource Estimate on the Cerro Las Minitas (“CLM”) project in Durango State, Mexico, operated on a joint venture basis by Southern(40%) as operator and Electrum Global Holdings LP(60%).
Large barite crystals
By Miguel A Heredia
During the nine week of the year (March 11th to March 17th, 2019), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eight announcing financial rounds, seven communicating financial and production results, six informing on exploration results, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, four reporting on resources and development of their properties, and 2 discussing Mexican news. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán recognized the contribution of women in mining and declared it is committed to continue promoting its inclusion. Ternium re-activated the ore transport from its Aquila mine in Michoacan after the highway was blocked by an indigenous community for 16 days. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals reported positive metallurgical results from its Cervantes project. In Chihuahua, Sable released drilling results from its Margarita project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining announced plans for the next phase of exploration at its Manto Negro project. In Sinaloa, e-Power staked three new mining claims. In Zacatecas, Excellon reported drilling results from its Evolution project. ON MINING, Alio, Consolidated Zinc, Fortuna, Impact, Leagold and Starcore presented production results from their Mexican mining operations for the periods Q4 and full year 2018. ON FINANCING, Aura announced that is undertaking a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $0.5M (East Taviche project, Oaxaca). Defiance closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $1,229,500. Mexican Gold closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $2,143,000 (Las Minas project, Veracruz). McEwen announced its voluntary termination of the equity distribution agreement to offer shares from its common stock. Vangold has arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $0.5M, and announced a shares consolidation plan (Pinguino project, Guanajuato). Xtierra announced its intention to raise up to $1M by way of a non-brokered private placement (Bilbao project, Zacatecas). Sierra Metals closed a senior secured corporate credit for up to US$100M (Cusi mine, Chihuahua). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora, effective February 8, 2019. Orla Mining reported that it is advancing its Camino Rojo Oxide project in Zacatecas towards a construction decision. Leagold announced a mine expansion FS for its Los Filos mine in Guerrero. Telson released significant assay results from underground development at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Aura appointed new CEO, entered in a definitive agreement with Minaurum on its East Taviche project in Oaxaca, and the shareholders approved the change of name to Aura Resources Inc. Coeur appointed former Nevada Governor to its Board of Directors (Palmarejo mine, Chihuahua). Mako Mining announced the resignation of its CEO and the appointment of its interim replacement (La Trinidad mine, Sinaloa). Tamino announced that it has retained the services of an experienced consultant geologist (El Volcan project, Sonora). Goldcorp announced fully support for the Nevada JV between Barrick and Newmont. Southern Copper showed interest to invest in a lithium project in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Minera Cuzcatlán S.A. de C.V., the Mexican subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., recognized the contribution of women in mining and declared it is committed to continue promoting its inclusion.
- Ternium, re-activated the ore transport from its Aquila mine in Michoacan after a group of indigenous people from the community of Santa Maria Ostula blocked the Mexican Federal Highway # 200 for 16 days.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., and Kootenay Silver Inc., announced positive bottle roll gold metallurgical results from its Cervantes project in Sonora. Drill core samples were grouped into 4 separate types of mineralization: oxide 1, oxide 2, mixed oxide/sulphide, and sulphide, showing metallurgical recoveries of 85.1%, 87.7%, 77.9%, and 51.2% respectively on 2mm material, and 94.3%, 94.2%, 89%, and 78.5% on 75 micron material.
- Sable Resources, released drilling results from holes M-DDH-19-18 and M-DDH-19-19 from its Margarita project in Chihuahua. Hole M-DDH-19-18 intersected 71 g/t Ag and 0.13% Zn (80 g/t AgEq) over 30.8m, including 174 g/t Ag and 0.15% Zn (186 g/t AgEq) over 3.7m, and 171 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.12% Zn (199 g/t AgEq) over 1.55m, while hole M-DDH-19-19 intersected 24 g/t Ag, 0.08% Pb, and 0.3% Zn (44 g/t AgEq) over 55m, including 94 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 2.4% Zn (238 g/t AgEq) over 2.05m. “The mineralized Margarita structure can now be traced continuously with drillholes for 1,400m along strike including a central core of high-grade veins and silicified fault zones surrounded by a wide, close to surface, low-grade Ag halo, hosted by silicified and fractured volcanic rocks.”
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced plans for the next phase of exploration at its Manto Negro project in Coahuila “to further define the scale, grade, and potential of this district scale property”. The plan is to locate structural and geological traps where there is increase thickness in mineralization to test them with a 3,000 to 5,000 m core drilling program. “Following positive results, metallurgical testing will be completed as well as 3D interpretation on key areas”.
- e-Power Metals, staked three new mining claims totaling 4,400 ha, located south of the Company´s high grade Magenta Au-Ag-Co project, where historical sampling on veins and skarn style deposits at the La Prieta old showings have returned results of 180.4 g/t Au, 202 g/t Ag, and 5.54% Co over 0.61m in Zone # 1; 194 g/t Au, 203 g/t Ag, and 8.14% Co from an adit dump; and 8.1 g/t Au, 53 g/t Ag, and 3.27% Co over 0.5m in Zone #2.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported first drilling results since 2010 from its Evolution property in Zacatecas. Significant drilling results are in hole EX18MAZ-251 with 22 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 1% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (101 g/t AgEq) over 154m, including 188 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, 2.9% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (532 g/t AgEq) over 2.4m, and 48 g/t Ag, 0.7% Pb, 2.8% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (238 g/t AgEq) over 7m; hole EX18MAZ-253 with 14 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.7% Zn, and 0.1 g/t Au (70 g/t AgEq) over 219m, including 70 g/t Ag, 1.3% Pb, 2.2% Zn, and 0.4 g/t Au (274 g/t Ag) over 12.6m; hole EX18MAZ-257 with 175 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, 5.4% Zn, and 0.4 g/t Au (663 g/t AgEq) over 3.4m; and hole EX18MAZ-258 with 64 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, 2.2% Zn, and 0.3 g/t Au (259 g/t AgEq) over 24.9m.
- Alio Gold Inc., presented Q4 and full year 2018 production results from its San Francisco mine in Sonora. Alio produced 10.3K Oz Au and 4.2KOz Ag in Q4 2018 at AISC of $1,558 per Oz Au produced. Alio produced 54K Oz Au and 24.8K Oz Ag in 2018 at AISC of $1,258 per Oz.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, provided February 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. It reported 4,158 tonnes processed with Zn recoveries of 89% to Zn concentrates. Consolidated Zinc mined 3,873 tonnes of 9.6% Zn and 2.7% Pb to produce 815.4K Lb Zn and 235.2K Lb Pb.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., released Q4 and full year 2018 financial and production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. It reported Q4 sales of $59.6M, net income of $2.2M, adjusted net income of $4.4M, and adjusted EDITDA of $22.7M. For the full year 2018 Fortuna reported sales of $263.3M, net income of $34M, adjusted net income of $38.4M, and adjusted EBITDA of $113.9M. The company milled 256,181 tonnes of 1.58 g/t Au and 230 g/t Ag to produce 11.8K Oz Au and 1.72M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91% for both metals. Fortuna also reported an AISC of $7.1 for Oz Ag or $9.9 for Oz AgEq.
- Impact Silver Corp., announced its financial and operating results for Q4, 2018. It reported $13.1M in revenues for 2018. Impact milled 173,217 tonnes of 170 g/t Ag to produce about 947K Oz Ag.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, presented financial and production results from its Los Filos mine in Guerrero for the period Q4 and full year 2018. It reported revenues of $376.5M, and an adjusted EBIDTA of $89.5M for the full year 2018.Leagold produced 58,201 Oz Au in Q4 and 195,362 Oz Au for the full year 2018 at an AISC of $985 per Oz Au sold.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., announced financial and production results from its san Martin mine in Queretaro for the Q3 period ended January 31, 2019. It reported revenues of $6.6M and an EBIDTA of $335M for the nine months ended January 31, 2019. Starcore milled 71,100 tonnes of 1.8 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag to produced 3.4K Oz Au and 46.2K Oz Ag (4K Oz AuEq).
- Aura Minerals Inc., announced that is undertaking a non-brokered private placement to raise up to $0.5M.
- Defiance Silver Corp., closed the first tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $1,229,500. The first tranche is part of the non-brokered private placement for total gross proceeds of $4M (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
- Mexican Gold Corp., closed the final tranche of its non-brokered private placement for $2,143,000. Gross proceeds will be used on its Las Minas project in Veracruz.
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced its voluntary termination of the equity distribution agreement on March 13, 2019 to offer shares from its common stock from time to time for up to $90M (Fenix project, Sinaloa).
- Vangold Mining Corp., has arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to 0.5M. It also announced a consolidation of their shares in which the company will trade 2 old shares for 1 new share (Pinguino project, Guanajuato).
- XTierra Inc., announced its intention to raise from a non-brokered private placement up to $1M. (Bilbao project, Zacatecas).
- Sierra Metals Inc., closed a six year senior secured a corporate credit facility for up to US$100M effective on March 08, 2019 (Cusi mine, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora, effective February 8, 2019. The infill drilling program at Las Chispas has delineated an initial indicated mineral resource estimate of 1M tonnes of 6.98 g/t Au and 711 g/t Ag (1,234 g/t AgEq), containing 39.8M Oz AgEq. Inferred mineral resource are estimated at 3.6M tonnes of 3.32 g/t Au and 332 g/t Ag (581 g/t AgEq), containing 68.1M Oz AgEq.
- Orla Mining Ltd., filed a PEA amended technical report on its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. “The PEA supports a technically simple open-pit mine and heap-leach operation that offers low capital and operating costs, rapid payback, and strong financial performance. The PEA is based on near-surface oxide and partly oxidized (transitional) material within the overall resource, all located within Orla’s mineral concessions”. Highlights of the PEA are a pre-tax NPV (5%) of USD$231 and an IRR of 38.1% or after-tax NVP (5%) of USD$121M and an IRR of 24.5%; production rate per day of 18K tonnes; total material to leach pad of 42.5M with grades of 0.71 g/t Au and 13.6 g/t Ag (966K Oz Au and 18.5M Oz Ag contained) with metallurgical recoveries of 67% and 15% respectively; and an annual gold production of 97.5K Oz Au. It also reported that it is advancing its project towards a construction decision later this year and ensuring the company remains on track with the development of its first mine. Orla is also advancing the feasibility study on its Camino Rojo project which is expected to be completed by the end of Q3, 2019. Construction is expected to start during H2, 2020 following receipts of all necessary permits.
- Leagold Mining Inc., announced a mine expansion FS in March 2019 which incorporates “the potential for developing the Bermejal underground mine, enlarging the Los Filos open pit mine, re-phasing the Bermejal open pit into two distinct sections (Bermejal and Guadalupe), and building a 4,000 tonne per day (tpd) carbon-in-leach (CIL) plant to complement the existing heap leach facilities”.
- Telson Mining Corporation, released significant assay results from underground development on the Creston Zone at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. Significant channel sampling results are 8.48 g/t Au, 104 g/t Ag, 0.85% Cu, 5.8% Pb and 11% Zn (20.9 g/t AuEq) over 4.95m; 5.66 g/t Au, 62 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu, 3.6% Pb, and 7.4% Zn (13.24 g/t AuEq) over 3m; 8.89 g/t Au, 88 g/t Ag, 0.34% Cu, 2.3% Pb, and 6.3% Zn (15.54 g/t AuEq) over 3m; 11.87 g/t Au, 78 g/t Ag, 0.54% Cu, 2.7% Pb, and 4% Zn (17.59 g/t AuEq) over 3.35m; and 8.12 g/t Au, 134 g/t Ag, 0.44% Cu, 2.4% Pb, and 4% Zn (14.13 g/t AuEq) over 3.25m.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Aura Resources Inc., appointed new CEO and made changes of its Board of Directors. The company also entered in a definitive agreement with Minaurum Gold Inc., in which Minaurum can acquire an 80% interest on its East Taviche project in Oaxaca.
- Coeur Mining Inc., appointed former Nevada Governor to its Board of Directors.
- Mako Mining Corp., announced the resignation of its CEO and the appointment of its interim replacement (La Trinidad mine, Sinaloa).
- Tamino Minerals Inc., retained the services of an experienced geological consultant to assist them to achieve its goals within its mining exploration projects in order to meet corporate milestones (El Volcan project, Sonora).
- Goldcorp Inc., announced fully support for the Nevada JV between Barrick Gold Corporation and Newmont Mining Corporation.
- Southern Copper Corp., showed interest to invest in a Canadian owned lithium project in Sonora, on which a Chinese company seems to be also interested. Southern Copper has not made an offer yet and did not reveal the name of the lithium project.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, large barite crystals and manganese oxides in a low-intermediate sulphidation epithermal system in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, British Columbia, March 12, 2019 – ePower Metals Inc. (the “Company” or “ePower Metals”) (TSX.V: EPWR) stakes three new gold-silver-cobalt claims in Sinaloa, Mexico.
VANCOUVER, BC / January 17th, 2019 / Ridgestone Mining Inc. (TSX.V: RMI) (OTCQB: RIGMF) (“Ridgestone Mining”) has received final assay results from an initial drill program conducted on its Rebeico gold-copper project located within the prolific Sierra Madre gold belt of Sonora Mexico.
Toronto, Ontario, December 10, 2018 – Camrova Resources Inc. (“Camrova” or the
“Company”) (TSX-V: CAV; OTC: BAJFF, SSE: CAVCL, CAVUSA) wishes to provide an update regarding its ownership interest in Minera y Metalúrgica del Boleo, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (“MMB”), which operates the Boleo copper-cobalt-zinc mine located in Baja California Sur, Mexico (the “Boleo Mine”).
TORONTO, Oct. 01, 2018 — Camrova Resources Inc. (“Camrova” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: CAV; OTC: BAJFF; SSEV:CAVCL, CAVUSD) wishes to announce that pursuant to debt settlement agreements previously announced on August 16, 2018, it has received final approval from the TSX Venture Exchange and has issued 1,954,440 common shares at a deemed per share price of $0.075 to fully settle an aggregate Cdn $146,583 of indebtedness owing to certain arm’s length and nonarm’s length creditors. The settlement shares are subject to a statutory hold period of four months plus a day in accordance with applicable securities law legislation.
Assets: Three high-quality projects
Sara Alicia gold-cobalt
Location: Sonora, Mexico
Safe & stable world-class mining province
Management: Track record of discovery & developing mines
Funding: Strong cash position: A$6.1M
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 29th week of the year (July 16th to July 22th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve informing on exploration results, nine announcing production results, four reporting on resources and developments, three communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium presented geophysical results from its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Colibri reported drill results from its El Pilar project, Minaurum reported exploration results from its Promontorio-Quintera project, San Marco announced exploration results from its Chunibas exploration program, and Millrock and Azure provided an exploration update on their Mexican properties. In Chihuahua, Mammoth Resources announced drill results from its Tenoriba project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported exploration results from its Puerto Rico project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay presented exploration results from its Copalito project. In Durango, Southern Silver announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold reported drill results from its Tabasquena project. In the Estado de México, Impact discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Mexus provided an update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Sierra Metals announced Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines while GoGold reported results from its Parral property. In Sinaloa, Americas Silver presented Q2 results from its Cosala operation. In Durango, Avino reported Q2 results from its Avino mine. In Oaxaca, Fortuna Silver announced Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine. First Majestic presented Q2 2018 results from its Mexican operations in Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Jalisco and Estado de Mexico. In Puebla, Almaden announced an increase of the average mill feed grades for its Ixtaca property. ON FINANCING, Bacanora Minerals dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Candente announced the approval to extend the purchase of 5M of share warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aranzazu filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas and updated the resource estimate. Starcore filed updated 43-101 technical report on its San Martin mine. Capstone filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Gold Resource announced an expansion of its Arista Mine in Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. Silver Spruce executed an offtake agreement for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., presented results from a geophysical survey conducted on its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. Three very large and highly conductive zones were identified by a Volterra TEM in loop survey. Zone 1 is > 100m thick and covers six square km. Zone 2 surrounds Zone 1 and is < 100m thick and covers 24 square km. Zone 3 is estimated to be approximately 200m thick and covers > 30 square km.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, reported RC drilling results from its Pilar project in Sonora. Significant results are 61m of 0.75 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 17.3 g/t Au; 6m of 0.68 g/t Au; 3m of 5.40 g/t Au; and 34.5m of 0.32 g/t Au. The drill results extend the Main Zone´s mineralized envelope to the northwest and southeast by upwards of a total of 145m. It represents an increase of 52% in the length of the Main Zone. Potential is open in both directions of the mineralized zone.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered the extension of the Promontorio-Quintera and Nueva Europa veins at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The Promontorio-Quintera vein was mapped and extends for 1km and is cut-off and down-dropped by a northwest trending fault while the Nueva Europa vein was mapped for over 600m. The extensions have the potential to host virgin mineralization at depth. Surface sampling on Promontorio South vein returned 1.1m of 181 g/t Ag and 1.06% Cu, while at Nueva Europa South vein, a 0.8m long chip rock sample returned 52 g/t Ag and 0.54% Cu, and a dump sample returned 91 g/t Ag and 1% Cu.
- San Marco Resources Inc., identified many new significant Cu-Ag occurrences at its Chunibas property in Sonora; conducted a portable X-ray fluorescence rock analysis on an area of 300m by 1,400m, indicating anomalous to significant copper values, and received assays from ninety six rock chip samples ranging from 0.1% to 1.34% Cu. The company also carried out a saw-cut continuous channel sampling returning 30m of 0.16% Cu and 3 g/t Ag, and 22m of 0.17% Cu and 2 g/t Ag. Now, the mineralized NW-SE corridor is 1.7Km long by 300m wide, and remains open along strike and down dip. San Marco has begun preparations to perform a drill program at its Chunibas property.
- Millrock Resources Inc., provided and exploration update on their Mexican properties in Sonora and San Luis Potosi. In Sonora, at La Navidad project, a 2,900m drilling program has been recently completed to test the El Cobre and the Crossover targets. Complete results are anticipated in early August. At El Picacho project (Orogenic gold), drill targets are emerging from the exploration work conducted in the first half of 2018. The company has authorized a drill program to begin later in the summer. At Batamote, good geological signs of a porphyry copper deposit have been identified and a major company is currently evaluating the property. At Los Cuarenta project (low-sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag), Millrock has acquired an option to purchase a key internal claim called Santa Rosalia. Drilling targets have been developed and drilling permit is in place. In San Luis Potosi, the Guadalcazar project hosts a high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn skarn with good drill intersections and historic mine workings, with potential to expand the known deposit. Millrock has received an offer to form an option agreement.
- Azure Minerals Limited., provided an exploration update on its Sara Alicia and El Alacran properties in Sonora. At the Sara Alicia project, the stage 2 drilling campaign confirmed near-surface, high-grade Au-Co mineralization with maximum grade returning 53.8 g/t Au over 0.90m and 2.82% Co over 0.80m. The best Au interception was 19.6m of 8.6 g/t Au, including 15.3m of 10.6 g/t Au, while the best Co interception was 3.65m of 1.19% Co, including 1.5m of 2.66% Co. At the El Alacran project, the drilling campaign indicated the southern expansion of Loma Bonita epithermal Au-Ag system based on the presence of silicified zones covered by fresh-rock and high-resistivity geophysical anomalies extending to depth. At Cerro Colorado the company geologists identified the presence of porphyry-type alteration and veining with trace copper and molybdenum mineralization, warranting follow-up work. Teck will continue exploring the property with drilling planned to restart in Q3 2018.
- Mammoth Resources Inc., announced drill results from its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Results are from the Masuparia area, in the central portion of the 6 km long trend of gold mineralization on the property. Significant results are 3m of 0.19 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag in hole TEN 17-09 and multiple intersections in hole TEN 17-10 such as 4.5m of 0.42 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; 4.5m of 0.45 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, 22.5m of 0.35 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag, 3m of 1.31 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag, 3m of 0.65 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag, and 24m of 0.31 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag.
- Discovery Metals Inc., reported underground channel sample results from the San Jose mine within its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Assay results represent 140m of workings and were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings. Mineralization is related to mantos, chimneys and faults. Mantos range from 0.5m to 1.5m in width (restricted by dimensions of workings) and are open in all directions laterally along strike and dip. Fourteen samples from mantos returned an average of 229 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 17.6% Zn, and 0.3% Cu. Chimney widths range from 1m to 6m, with the main part of the chimney having a width of 5-6m, while the mineralized faults widths range from 0.4m to 1.4m, and are open along strike and at depth. Thirty three samples from chimneys and faults returned an average grade of 50 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, 4% Zn, and 0.8% Cu. The company is currently carrying out a detail structural study on the entire property to identify controls on mineralization. Additionally, it is planning to conduct a magnetic survey in preparation for drilling later in 2H 2018.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., presented sampling results from its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Copalito is a low-sulphidation epithermal vein system. At least 4 main veins and numerous smaller veins have been identified, with individual veins found to be up to 15m wide and at least 2km long along strike. Eleven samples (5 chips and 6 grabs) on Cobriza vein returned grades from 47 to 2.5 kg/t Ag and 0.03 to 2.7 g/t Au, while twenty two samples on El Pilar vein returned grades from 2 to 166 g/t Ag and 0.04 to 1.05 g/t Au. Mapping and sampling on the La Chiva and Cinco Señores veins in the southern area of Copalito is ongoing. All the results will be used to determine grade distribution along the veins for drill targeting.
- Sothern Silver Exploration Corp., announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango, with the mobilization of a second drill rig. The objective is to drill 2,000m of core to test multiple Ag-Au quartz veins within the recently acquired CLM West claim. Drill targets were identified by mapping and ground geophysics, and a sampling program of over 6000 float and rock chip samples throughout a >10km by 5km N-S corridor underlying the 207 square km CLM West claim package.
- Advance Gold Corp., reported phase 1 drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Significant results are 10.5m of Au-Ag mineralization including 1.7m of 9.46 g/t Au and 37 g/t Ag, 0.55m of 12.65 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag, and 0.55m of 6.31 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag. The company is planning a second phase drill program to test the recently discovered veins and explore for new ones, as well as to follow-up on the high-grade gold intersections.
- Impact Silver Corp., discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine through an underground drill program. Significant results with intersections 100m south of the current levels of the San Ramon mine are 2.04m of 0.23 g/t Au, 661 g/t Ag, 1.28% Pb, and 3.28% Zn; 4.97m of 0.12 g/t Au, 354 g/t Ag, 0.57% Pb and 1.48% Zn; and 1.25m of 0.1 g/t Au, 259 g/t Ag, 0.34% Pb and 1.14% Zn. The zone remains open for further extension vertically above for nearly 300m and to the south.
- Mexus Gold US, provided and update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. VAT leaching test of oxidized sulphide ore reported that 50% of the sulphides remain as encapsulated Au and Ag bearing mineralization, with As, Pb and Zn, making difficult its extraction by simple gravity and/or cyanide leaching, unless they are pretreated via roasting to eliminate the sulphur. “About 80 tons of this oxidized ore was crushed to < 3 inches and put in a steel tank and leached for a period of 25 days. Eight head assay samples were taken averaging 1g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag with one sample showing 30 g/t Au and another sample with 800 g/t Ag. Solution was assayed daily for a week showing recoveries of 1.25% in gold and 13% in silver with a slow increase after a week and large cyanide consumption. The solution was assayed after 3 weeks and turned out to have minimum increase up to 26% in silver and gold remaining the same”.
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar mine, a total of 272K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.15 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu to produce 911 OZ Au, 110K Oz Ag, and 4.7M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 71.81%, 75.53% and 81.33% respectively. At Cusi mine, a total of 46.4K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.16 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.3% Zn, to produce 96 Oz Au, 190K Oz Ag, and 287K Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 39.8% Au, 81.66% Ag, 77.22% Pb and 0% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from its Parral operation in Chihuahua. GoGold processed 447K tonnes of tailings material to produce 164K Oz Ag and 1,630 Oz Au.
- Americas Silver Corporation, announced results from its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. On Q2, 2018, the company milled 139K tonnes of 42 g/t Ag to produce 94K Oz Ag, 2.9M Lb Pb, and 8.7M Lb Zn
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., presented Q2 2018 results from its Avino mine in Durango. The company processed 184.7K tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 70 g/t Ag, and 0.45% Cu to produce 1,734 Oz Au, 323 Oz Ag, and 1.48M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 75%, 81% and 90% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 134K tonnes of 1. 86 g/t Au and 268 g/t Ag to produce 14.4K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91.54% and 91.67% respectively.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q2, 2018 production results from its Mexican operations. At Santa Elena mine in Sonora, a total of 228K tonnes of 2.3 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag were milled to produce 11K Oz Au and 535K Oz Ag. At San Dimas mine in Sinaloa, a total of 85.7K tonnes of 4.3 g/t Au and 307 g/t Ag were processed to produce 11.3K Oz Au and 809K Oz Ag. At La Encantada mine in Chihuahua, a total of 238K tonnes of 83 g/t Ag were processed to produce 23 Oz Au and 325K Oz Ag. At La Parrilla mine in Durango, a total of 123.6K tonnes of 131 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb and 1.5% Zn were milled to produce 235 Oz Au and 361K Oz Ag, 1.6M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn. At Del Toro mine in Zacatecas, a total of 65.8K tonnes of 117 g/t Ag and 2.7% Pb were processed to produce 73 Oz Au, 167.6K Oz Ag, and 2.3M Lb Pb. At San Martin mine in Jalisco, a total of 74.4K tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au and 203 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1,331 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. At La Guitarra mine in Estado de Mexico, a total of 35.7K tonnes of 1.5 g/t Au and 154 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1400 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. Unfortunately, First Majestic announced the temporary suspension of work at its la Guitarra mine scheduled to start on August 1st. It is until economic conditions improve or the property is sold.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., announced an increase of the average feed mill grades of 39% for Au and 47% for Ag from bulk ore sort test for its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Applying the ore sort process, the metallurgical recovery is 88% for Au and 93% for Ag and reduces the environmental footprint over the life of mine by reducing process tailings, water usage and energy requirements and CO2 “The detailed impact of the ore sorting results on the Ixtaca project will be evaluated as part of the ongoing Feasibility Study, which is anticipated to be completed in 2018”.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora, citing “difficult market conditions”.
- Candente Gold Corp., announced the approval to extend the exercise period of 5M of share purchase warrants from August 12, 2018 to August 12, 2020.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. The company also updated the mineral resource and reserve estimates. Measured + indicated resources are 12.5M tonnes of 1.08 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 1.61% Cu for a total of 435K Oz Au, 8M Oz Ag and 444.4M Lb Cu. Proven and probable reserves are 4.6M tonnes of 1.17 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 1.72% Cu, for a total of 174K Oz Au, 2.8M Oz Ag, and 176.4M Lb Cu. (Mineral reserves are inclusive of mineral resources). The orebody consists of seven mineralized domains and has a strike length of 1.5km, width up to 250m and 600m depth. The mineral resource estimate is based on 1,336 holes for a total of 219,586m.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., filed an updated 43-101 technical report for its San Martin mine in Queretaro in which reported mineral resources and reserves as of April 30, 2018. Total proven + probable reserves are 1.65M tonnes of 2.11 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag for a total of 154.4K Oz Au Eq. Total indicated + inferred resources are 1.5M tonnes of 1.94 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 113K Oz Au Eq. The total mineral reserves and resources are 3.1M tonnes of 2.03 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag for a total of 267.3K Oz Au Eq.
- Capstone Mining Corp., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. In this TR, Capstone reported a mineral resource estimate which was announced on the past June 05, 2018.
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced significant drill interceptions of 23.39m @ 2 g/t Au, 200 g/t Ag, 0.58% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 9% Zn, including 1.66m of 8.92g/t Au, 1.3Kg/t Ag, 0.93% Cu, 6.3% Pb and 8.8%Zn, and 9.94m @ 2.16 g/t Au, 95 g/t Ag, 0.82% Cu, 4.1% Pb and 12% Zn, including 3.1m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 177 g/t Ag, 1.01% Cu, 7% Pb, and 14.5% Zn to expands the Switchback´s strike length by approximately 100m, and discovered a new structure in the Arista vein system intercepting 2.08m @ 1.98 g/t Au, 1.6Kg Ag/ton, 0.25% Cu, 1% Pb, and 2.2% Zn, including 0.9m of 3.31 g/t Au, 2.7Kg/t Ag, 0.45% Cu, 2% Pb, and 4.1% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. (Cuale project, Jalisco).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., executed an offtake agreement with IBB International Holdings Limited for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “The Company has agreed to deliver any and all future production from the Pino de Plata project for a period of at least ten years, commencing with the first delivery. The ten-year term of the agreement will automatically extend by successive one-year terms, unless either party expresses written desire o terminate the agreement. The purchase price of the delivered production will be at a three percent (3%) discount to the London Metals Exchange metals pricing on the dates of delivery to the buyer”.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a diatreme breccia in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today provided an update on its exploration programs during the first quarter.
- Casa Berardi has expanded the resources that could increase the potential size of the current East Mine Crown Pillar (EMCP) pit and the proposed 106, Principal and West Mine Surface Pillar open pits.
- Underground drilling of the 118, 121 and 123 zones at Casa Berardi continues to discover high-grade mineralization along trends. Surface drilling has defined high-grade extensions of the 160 Zone and south perimeter of the Principal Crown Pillar (123 Zone).
- Drilling of the Lac Germain satellite occurrence adjoining the Casa Berardi Mine has intersected strong, near surface mineralization along trend of the mine mineralization.
- San Sebastian continues to expand high-grade, polymetallic zones similar to the Hugh Zone on the Middle and Francine veins. Additional oxide mineralization is defined along the Professor and East Francine veins.
- Greens Creek exploration drilling continues to expand the resource along East Ore, Upper Plate, Deep 200 South and Deep Southwest mineralized trends.
• Oposura mineral resource drill-out completed with 157 holes totalling 10,112m, with assay results received for 130 holes
• Original drill program expanded by an additional 40 drill holes (3,000m) to enlarge
resource area and increase drill hole density
• Good height and grade continuity of horizontal mineralisation confirmed – favourable
for initial extraction by open pit followed by room and pillar underground mining
• Initial mineral resource estimate expected in June 2018
• Positive metallurgy significantly reduces processing and marketing risk:
Zinc recovery of 85.6% achieved producing a 57.2% zinc concentrate grade
Lead recovery of 84.0% achieved producing a 61.4% lead concentrate grade
Full elemental assays confirm clean concentrates
• Scoping Study / Preliminary Economic Assessment progressing well and on track