Fault Plane showing slickensides
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 44th week of the year (October 31st to November 06th, 2022), at least 21 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 2 news published by the media with six reporting resources and developments of their properties, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, five informing on exploration results, three commenting on Mexican issues, two announcing financing issues, and one communicating production and financial issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Canadian government has told its Mexican counterpart that it is concerned about the investment climate in Mexico’s energy and mining sectors. The President of Mexico, Andres Manuel López Obrador stated that the rescue efforts of the bodies of 10 miners who were trapped in the El Pinabete mine, in Sabinas, Coahuila, were suspended due to a change of supplier. GoGold, GR Silver, Pan American Silver, and Southern Silver reported the best drilling intercepts in Mexico on the first week of November, 2022. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Ranchero Gold provided an exploration update on its Daniela project, and Reyna Gold announced results from its on-going, district-scale exploration program at its La Gloria property. In Sinaloa, Prismo signed a definitive surface agreement with the Francisco Villa Ejido and commenced drill permitting for its Los Pavitos project. In Jalisco, Almadex mobilised an exploration team to commence a follow-up drill program at its San Pedro project. In Coahuila, Monumental provided an update of its currently on-going exploration program at its Jemi project. ON MINING, Capstone reported Q3, 2022 production and financial results from its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Kootenay increased its previously announced private placement from $4M to $4.35M, and granted an option to Red Cloud Securities Inc, to offer for sale an additional 15% of the number of units of the company at a price of $0.09 per unit (Columba project, Chihuahua). Xali Gold received advance net profits interest payment from Sun River Gold for the El Orito Tailings project in the State of Mexico. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Sonoro Gold announced that it has engaged SRK to prepare an NI43-101 compliant updated Mineral Resource Estimate for its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. GoGold reported results from the second set of drill holes collared at the newly acquired Eagle concession on the Los Ricos South property in Jalisco. GR Silver released results from 38 infill drill holes in the resource update program underway at its Plomosas mine area in Sinaloa. Osisko provided an operational update on its San Antonio Gold project in Sonora. Pan American release results from 45 new infill and exploration drill holes collared at its La Colorada Skarn project in Zacatecas. Southern Silver announced results from its final 4 drill holes at its Cerro Las Minitas, Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silverton Metals announced that its Board of Directors approved a change of the company’s name to Lodestar Battery Metals Corp (Peñasco Quemado project, Sonora). Ranchero Gold appointed its interim CEO and CFO (Santa Daniela project, Sonora). Pan American and Agnico delivered definitive binding offer to acquire Yamana. Sierra Madre entered into an amendment and restated the share purchase agreement with First Majestic in respect of the previously announced acquisition of La Guitarra mine in the State of Mexico. Sierra Metals received letter of intent from Compañía Minera Kolpa for a proposed business combination. Xali Gold increased its ownership in the San Dieguito de Arriba plant in Nayarit from 30% to 50% by issuing 4,125,758 shares at a price of $0.066 to Magellan. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- The Canadian government has told its Mexican counterpart that it is concerned about the investment climate in Mexico’s energy and mining sectors. Mary Ng, Minister of International Trade, Export Promotion, Small Business and Economic Development of Canada, expressed this position to Raquel Buenrostro, Secretary of the Economy of Mexico. Minister Ng reaffirmed Canada’s commitment to advance in the implementation of the Treaty between Mexico, the United States and Canada (T-MEC) and to continue with the work carried out within the framework of initiatives such as the Economic Dialogue of Canada-Mexico High Level to deepen bilateral business, trade and investment ties and support inclusive and resilient economic growth. Two-way merchandise trade between the two countries was USD $41.7 billion in 2021. Mexico is Canada’s third-largest merchandise trading partner in a single country (after the United States and China).
- The President of Mexico, Andres Manuel López Obrador stated that the rescue efforts of the bodies of 10 miners who were trapped in the El Pinabete mine, in Sabinas, Coahuila, were suspended due to a change of supplier, but will be resumed.
- GoGold Resources Inc., , GR Silver Mining Ltd., Pan American Silver Corp., and Southern Silver Exploration Corp., reported the best drilling intercepts in Mexico on the first week of November. Details are shown in the table below:
- Ranchero Gold Corp., provided an exploration update on its Daniela project in Sonora. The company reported that it has completed the follow-up work of the nine priority targets previously identified at the property. Ranchero Gold stated that the San Francisco, Carboneras Sur, Carboneras Este, Rincón, and Moritas Este targets have shown evidence of gold mineralization, related alteration and lithologies known to host significant gold deposits in the district. “Subsequent field efforts currently underway will include detailed mapping, systematic sampling and drone-based magnetic surveys designed to identify potential mineralized host rocks below surface”.
- Reyna Gold Corp., announced results from its on-going, district-scale exploration program at its La Gloria property in Sonora. The company identified multiple mineralized zones with high grade gold, silver, and copper that align with major geophysical anomalies, silica alterations, and structural controls on the property. Highlights of the 8 rock sampling collected at La Republicana Zone returned values from 4.03 g/t Au up to 56.90 g/t Au; 7 samples ranging from 13 g/t Ag up to 47 g/t Ag; and 2 samples with 0.2% Pb and 0.5% Pb, with a single assay of 2.41% Cu. At Las Carmelitas zone, 7 rock samples returned 3 values of 0.11 g/t Au, 0.33 g/t Au, and 10.52 g/t Au; 5 samples ranging from 67 g/t Ag up to 116 g/t Ag; and 6 samples ranging from 1.53% up to 2.25% Cu. At Western Zone, 7 rock samples returned values from 2.51 g/t Au up to 16.60 g/t Au; 2 samples with values of 21g/t Ag and 249 g/t Ag; and a single sample with 1.15% Cu, 3.4% Zn, 1.3% Pb, 0.1 g/t Au, and 27 g/t Ag. At El Sombrero Zone, 7 samples returned gold values ranging from 1.1 g/t Au up to 23.6 g/t Au; 4 samples ranging from 149 g/t Ag up to 733 g/t Ag; 4 samples ranging from 0.68% up to 3.60% Cu; 4 samples ranging from 0.2% Pb up to 1.4% Pb, and 4 samples ranging from 0.1%Zn to 0.2% Zn. The company is presently conducting an IP survey at four target zones: La Republicana, Western, Las Carmelitas, and Main Zone. After completion of the IP geophysical survey, drilling will recommence in this area focused on La Republicana, Western, Las Carmelitas and Main Zone targets.
- Prismo Metals Inc., signed a definitive surface agreement with the Francisco Villa Ejido, the surface owners over the Los Pavitos project in Sinaloa. This agreement is for two years and allows Prismo to carry out exploration work including drilling. The company has commenced drill permitting planned to begin in early 2023. Meanwhile, Prismo will continue with the geological mapping and sampling program to cover the remaining area to identify drill targets.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd., mobilised an exploration team to commence a follow-up drill program at its San Pedro project in Jalisco. The drill program will target a recently identified structural trend associated with float rock of vein material, soil anomalies and old mining workings, where channel sampling has encountered 0.02 g/t Au and 138 g/t Ag over an interval of 6.8m, and 3.7 g/t Au and 168 g/t Ag over an interval of 4.2m. A total of 14 grab and chip samples collected on this trend averaged 0.6 g/t Au and 180 g/t Ag.
- Monumental Minerals Corp., provided an update of its currently on-going exploration program at its Jemi project in Coahuila, which consists of detailed geological mapping, regional stream sediment sampling, ground radiometric geophysical surveys, and litho geochemistry. To date, the stream sediment sampling program, consisting of 47 samples has been completed. It returned 5 samples with values greater than 7.8 ppm dysprosium (Dy), 65.3 ppm neodymium (Nd); and up to 14.1 ppm Dy and 160 ppm Nd, defining four general areas of interest along the west and south portions of the company’s concessions, of which two are associated with known HREE mineralized (eudialyte bearing) peralkaline rock (Jemi Dyke Area and Veladora North). The remaining two areas with anomalous Dy and Nd concentrations were previously unrecognized as being prospective (Zone 2 and Zone 4). Follow-up exploration work to identify the source of the high REEs at these two areas will be undertaken during the current field program for quick delineation.
- Capstone Copper Corp., reported Q3, 2022 production and financial results from its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas. The company mined 3,829 tonnes per day with an average grade of 1.86% and metallurgical recovery of 96.8%, to produce 36.74 M Lb Cu at a cash cost of USD $1.20 per Lb produced.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., increased its previously announced private placement from $4M to $4.35M, and granted an option to Red Cloud Securities Inc, to offer for sale an additional 15% of the number of units of the company at a price of $0.09 per unit. If the offer for sale from Red Cloud is exercised in full, the total gross proceeds to the company will be $5M (Columba project, Chihuahua).
- Xali Gold Corp., received advance net profits interest (NPI) payment from Sun River Gold, LLC for the El Orito Tailings project in the State of Mexico. Sun River has started making advance NPI payments of USD $15K per month to Xali Gold as part of the second extension agreement on the El Oro Tailings project, in El Oro, State of Mexico. Advanced NPI payments of USD $50K per month will be paid by Sun River once commercial production is reached (or first concentrate is produced or dore gold is poured) and during the first year of operation, after which normal 5% NPI payments are to be made.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Sonoro Gold Corp., announced that it has engaged SRK Consulting Inc., to prepare an NI43-101 compliant updated Mineral Resource Estimate for its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. This updated Mineral Resource Estimate is to include an additional 7,200m of drilling completed in May 2022 which returned multiple higher grade gold intercepts and expanded several known mineralized gold zones within the concession.
- GoGold Resources Inc., reported results from the second set of drill holes collared at the newly acquired Eagle concession on the Los Ricos South property in Jalisco. Highlights of the drilling include hole LRGAG-22-035 with 1.64 g/t Au and 265 g/t Ag (5.17 g/t AuEq or 387 g/t AgEq) over 110.6m, including 11.31 g/t Au and 2,198 g/t Ag (40.62 g/t AuEq or 3,047 g/t AgEq) over 11.5m, including 30.24 g/t Au and 6,392 g/t Ag (115.48 g/t AuEq or 8,661 g/t AgEq) over 3.5m, including 63.24 g/t Au and 12,729 g/t Ag (232.96 g/t AuEq or 17,472 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m, including 104.50 g/t Au and 13,742 g/t Ag (287.73 g/t AuEq or 21,580 g/t AgEq) over 0.90m; and hole LRGAG-22-032 with 1.36 g/t Au and 108 g/t Ag (2.79 g/t AuEq or 210 g/t AgEq) over 65.8m, including 2.96 g/t Au and 217 g/t Ag (5.85 g/t AuEq or 439 g/t AgEq) over 28.1m, including 7.17 g/t Au and 1,013 g/t Ag (20.68 g/t AuEq or 1,551 g/t AgEq) over 4.3m, including 25 g/t Au and 3,020 g/t Ag (65.27 g/t AuEq or 4,895 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m. “Mapping and geophysics indicate the Eagle structure extending in excess of 2.5km to the northwest, at which point it continues onto the Company’s previously owned Jamaica concessions”. “The Eagle concession connects the Company’s concessions held in the southern portion of its Los Ricos South project, including the Main area where the Initial Resource was released, to its northern concessions in Los Ricos South, which includes the Jamaica exploration target. As a result, all of the concessions in Los Ricos South are now contiguous”. This offers the potential for an additional bulk tonnage target in Los Ricos South, with continuity from the Main Area and Eagle.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., released results from 38 infill drill holes in the resource update program underway at its Plomosas mine area in Sinaloa. Highlights of the drilling include hole PLI22-38 with 301 g/t Ag, 0.41 g/t Au, 1.6% Pb, and 2.1% Zn (471 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 15.9m, including 856 g/t Ag, 0.70 g/t Au, 1.3% Pb, and 2.3% Zn (1,052 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 3.9m; hole PL!22-23 with 268 g/t Ag, 1 g/t Au, 2.4% Pb, 1.7% Zn, and 0.2% Cu (518 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 36.5m, including 626 g/t Ag, 0.03 g/t Au, 1% Pb, 0.6% Zn, and 0.1% Cu (684 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.9m, plus 1028 g/t Ag, 5.11g/t Au, 8.3% Pb, 7% Zn, and 0.9% Cu (2,101 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 5.9m, including 2,667 g/t Ag, 1.27 g/t Au, 12.2% Pb, 6.9% Zn, and 0.3% Cu (3,431 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 2.2m; hole PLI22-24 with 1,159 g/t Ag, 0.53 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 1% Zn, and 0.8% Cu (1,354 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.20m, plus 135 g/t Ag, 0.39 g/t Au, 4% Pb, 1.7% Zn, and 0.2% Cu (365 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 7.1m, including 292 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 3.1% Pb, 1.3% Zn, and 0.1% Cu (453 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 2m; hole PLI22-25 with 629 g/t Ag, 0.56 g/t Au, 9.2% Pb, 4% Zn, and 0.4% Cu (1,146 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 11.4m, including 1,791 g/t Ag, 0.23 g/t Au, 1.3% Pb, 1.4% Zn, and 0.1% Cu (1,917 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.4m; hole LP122-27 with 109 g/t Ag, 0.91 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 1.7% Zn, and 0.1% Cu (371 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 7.2m, including 212 g/t Ag, 2.74 g/t Au, 10.9% Pb, 4.1% Zn, and 0.22 % Cu (961 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 2.1; hole PLI22-30 with 344 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.3% Zn, and 0.1% Cu (370 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1m, plus 2,251 g/t Ag, 0.12 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn, and 0.6% Cu (2,365 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.5m, plus 1,697 g/t Ag, 0.21 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.2% Zn, and 0.6% Cu (1,792 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.1m, plus 134 g/t Ag, 0.05 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, 2.7% Zn, and 0.1% Cu (273 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 3m, including 328 g/t Ag, 0.08 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, 5% Zn, and 0.2% Cu (576 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.9m; hole PLIP22-30 with 69 g/t Ag, 2.67 g/t Au, 0.1% b, 0.2% Zn, and 0.2% Cu (353 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 10.8m, including 227 g/t Ag, 5.39 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.6% Zn, and 0.4% Cu (809 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.2m, plus 219 g/t Ag, 40.18 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 1% Cu (4,074 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.5m; and hole PLIP22-42 with 40 g/t Ag, 0.9 g/t Au, 10.5% Pb, 9.8% Zn, and 0.4% Cu (852 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 6.5m. “GR Silver Mining’s infill drilling program is continuing in the Plomosas Mine Area, and to date has added 105 holes (7,330 m) of new drilling inside the historic Plomosas Mine since completion of the Company’s 2021 NI 43-101 mineral resource estimation”.
- Osisko Development Corp., provided an operational update on its San Antonio Gold project in Sonora. The company reported that 1.1M tonnes of 0.58 g/t Au and 0.25 g/t Ag have been placed on the heap leach pad for an estimated total of 20,090 oz of Au and 8,818 oz of Ag. Osisko also reported that 10,149 Oz Au and 3,516 Oz Ag at recoveries to the end of the third quarter of 2022 of 50.5% for gold and 39.9% for silver total production have been produced from the heap leach pad as of October 27, 2022, of which 7,350 Oz Au were sold.
- Pan American Silver Corp., release results from 45 new infill and exploration drill holes collared at its La Colorada Skarn project in Zacatecas. Highlights of the drilling are shown in the table below:
With the inclusion of these new drill holes, this area has been expanded to measure approximately 200 metres in diameter and up to 250 metres vertically.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced results from its final 4 drill holes on the North Felsite-North Skarn targets at its Cerro Las Minitas, Durango. Highlights of the drilling include hole 22CLM-194 with 140 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.01% Cu, 1.9% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (212 g/t AgEq or 5.2% ZnEq) over a true width (TW) of 2.3m, plus 386 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 0.25% Cu, 6% Pb, and 4.7% Zn (827 g/t AgEq or 20.1% ZnEq) over a TW of 0.7m, plus 336 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 0.16% Cu, 6.5% Pb, and 4.7% Zn (780 g/t AgEq or 18.9% ZnEq) over a TW of 2.6m, including 746 g/t Ag, 0.09 g/t Au, 0.12% Cu, 17.1% Pb, and 13.2% Zn (1,904 g/t AgEq or 46.3% ZnEq) over a TW of 0.6m; and hole 22CLM-193 with 124 g/t Ag, 0.02 g/t Au, 0.03% Cu, 1.4% Pb, and 0.4% Zn (195 g/t AgEq or 4.7% ZnEq) over a TW of 5.6m, including 219 g/t Ag, 0.02 g/t Au, 0.04% Cu, 2.5% Pb, and 0.6% Zn (333 g/t AgEq or 8.1% ZnEq) over a TW of 3m. “Drilling on these targets, which started in September 2021, has now tested a 400 metre strike-length of mineralization which wraps around the eastern and northern perimeter of the Central Intrusion and links previously identified mineralization in the Mina La Bocona and Skarn Front deposits. Twenty-five holes totaling 11,275 metres were completed in the two target areas to depths of up to 450 metres below surface”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silverton Metals Corp., announced that its Board of Directors approved a change of the company’s name to Lodestar Battery Metals Corp., to better reflects the company’s focus on exploration and development of lithium and silver projects (Peñasco Quemado project, Sonora).
- Ranchero Gold Corp., made the appointments of its interim CEO and CFO (Santa Daniela project, Sonora).
- Pan American Silver Corp. and Agnico Eagle Limited delivered definitive binding offer to acquire Yamana Gold Inc. Pan American would acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Yamana, and Yamana would sell certain subsidiaries and partnerships which hold Yamana´s interest in its Canadian assets to Agnico Eagle, including the Canadian Malartic mine. “The consideration consists of 153,539,579 common shares in the capital of Pan American (“Pan American Shares”); USD$1.0 billion in cash contributed by Agnico Eagle; and 36,089,907 common shares in the capital of Agnico Eagle (“Agnico Eagle Shares”). Under the Binding Offer, each Yamana Share would be exchanged for approximately USD$1.04 in cash, 0.1598 Pan American Shares and 0.0376 Agnico Eagle Shares, for an aggregate value of USD$5.02 per Yamana Share based on the closing price of each Pan American Share and Agnico Eagle Share on November 3, 2022. The Binding Offer is not subject to any financing condition or additional due diligence”.
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd., entered into an amendment and restated the share purchase agreement with First Majestic Silver Corp., in respect of the previously announced acquisition of La Guitarra mine in the State of Mexico. The amendment states that (a) the 2% net smelter return royalty on La Guitarra will now be granted by Compañía Minera La Guitarra S.A. de C.V., to First Majestic prior to closing of the transaction, rather than rather than concurrently with closing as previously anticipated; and (b) certain governmental approvals will be required prior to closing of the transaction. All other material terms of the transaction remain unchanged. The company expects to complete the transaction by the end of 2022.
- Sierra Metals Inc., received letter of intent from Compañía Minera Kolpa S.A. for a proposed business combination. A Special Committee of the independent members of Sierra Metals´ Board of Directors is exploring, reviewing and considering financing, restructuring and strategic options in the best interest of Sierra Metals.
- Xali Gold Corp., increased its ownership in the San Dieguito de Arriba (SDA) plant in Nayarit from 30% to 50% by issuing 4,125,758 shares at a price of $0.066 to Magellan. The company also informed that has received interest from third parties desiring to enter into JV in the SDA plant and near-surface high grade mineralization near the plant.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a fault plane from an intermediate-sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag-Pb-Zn vein system in a project in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.