By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirty three week of the year (August 10th to August 16th, 2020), at least 43 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve disclosing deals and corporate issues, seven announcing financial rounds, six communicating production and financial results, six informing on exploration results, five reporting on resources and development of their mine operations, four discussing social issues, and three commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mining drives the economy of the municipalities of Santa Barbara and San Francisco del Oro, Chihuahua. The Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga and the Major of Progreso, Coahuila, Federico Quintanilla started up the modern “La Esperanza” locomotive at the Santa Barbara mine, with the purpose of promoting a fair and safe reactivation of coal orders that will be transformed into jobs for this municipality. Mexican Au production will suffer declines due to COVID-19 pandemic. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri Resource began a high resolution mag survey at its Evelyn project, its JV partner Silver Spruce commenced a mapping and sampling program at its El Mezquite, and Silver Tiger reported underground channel sampling results from its El Tigre project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay presented drill results from 4 holes collared at its Columba project. In Sinaloa, GR Silver released drill results from 14 holes drilled by previous companies at its Plomosas project but not previously released, and Vizsla reported a second discovery drilling at its Panuco project. ON MINING, Argonaut, Equinox, GoGold, MAG Silver, and Santacruz Silver presented Q2, 2020 production and financial results from their Mexican mine operations; Starcore presented Q1, 2021 production and financial results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro. ON FINANCING, Canuc closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $225K (San Javier project, Sonora). Discovery Metals closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $35M, including CAD $15M investment from Eric Sprott (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Orex Minerals announced a non-brokered private placement offering for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $5.5M (Sandra and Coneto projects, Durango). One World Lithium closed a portion of its previously announced non-brokered private placement raising gross proceeds for CAD $336K (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California). Silver Spruce announced a private placement financing for gross proceeds of up to $1.6M (El Mezquite project, Sonora). Sonoro Metals closed a non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $8M including the fully subscribed overallotment option (Cerro Caliche project, Sonora). Sable Resources entered into an agreement with Sprott Capital for a private placement financing for gross proceeds of up to CAD $5M (Margarita project, Chihuahua). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest released drill results from its Las Chispas project. Golden Minerals announced results from 9 diamond holes of its in-fill resource definition drill program at its Rodeo project in Durango. Coeur provided mid-year 2020 exploration update on its Palmarejo project in Chihuahua. SilverCrest provided an update of the activities carried out at its Las Chispas project in Sonora during the period H1, 2020. Orla Mining received from the Mexican Federal Environmental Department (“SEMARNAT”), the environmental permit required for the development of its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Brigadier signed a definitive agreement to acquire Picachos property in Sinaloa, including the past producing San Agustin mine, and made the appointment of a new member to its board of directors. Magna Gold entered into a definitive option agreement with a private party to acquire a 100% undivided interest in the Los Muertos property in Sonora. Silver Dollar signed a definitive agreement with First Majestic to acquire up to a 100% interest in the La Joya property in Durango. Alien appointed IBK Capital Corp to assists it with the project level funding and JV process for its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas. Avino has granted the exclusive right to Gray Rock Resources to acquire a 100% interest in the Ana Maria and Laberinto properties in Durango. Evrim reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders, and approved the merger with Renaissance Gold (Ermitaño project, Sonora). Excellon announced results from its 2020 annual general meeting of shareholders (La Platosa mine, Durango). Riverside completed the spin-out of shares of Capitan Mining Inc. (Peñoles mining district, Durango). Monarca closed the sale of the El Sol project in Durango to Southern Silver and appointed a new member to its board of directors (Tejamen project, Durango). Minera Alamos granted stock options to an officer of the company (Santana project, Sonora). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), inaugurated a waste water treatment system at Cocula municipality of Guerrero. Grupo Mexico Foundation donated seven assisted breathing ventilators, as well as personal protection equipment for ambulances from the Ministry of Health of Coahuila. Personnel of Fresnillo plc will carry out rapid tests of COVID-19 in the communities and neighborhoods near the area of operation of the mines in the Fresnillo district.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining drives the economy of the municipalities of Santa Barbara and San Francisco del Oro, Chihuahua. The main source of employment in Santa Barbara and San Francisco del Oro is mining. If not, these two towns could become “ghost” cities. Currently these two areas of the south of the state have prospered thanks to the establishment of mining companies that have taken advantage of the resources from their respective foundations, which were precisely constituted by the discovery of mines at the time of the Viceroyalty and until now they continue operating.
- The Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga and the Major of Progreso, Coahuila, Federico Quintanilla started up the modern “La Esperanza” locomotive at the Santa Barbara mine, with the purpose of promoting a fair and safe reactivation of coal orders that will be transformed into jobs for this municipality. In meeting with the Undersecretary of Mining, the mayor explained the need to request coal orders from the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) to ensure investment and, above all, return employment to hundreds of families who depend on this activity in the municipality of Progress, Coahuila.
- Mexican Au production, will suffer a decrease of more than 300K Oz in Au production this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The figure represents 9.3% of the 3.46M Oz Au of the production originally projected for 2020, according to BNamericas’ forecast and estimates for 20 companies in March, 2020. Mexico produced 126,607 Oz Au in May, 37.5% less than the same month last year, according to the national Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI).
- Colibri Resource Corporation, began a high resolution mag survey at its Evelyn project in Sonora. The planned airborne magnetic survey will consist of 150 km in 59 N-S lines at 50m line spacing and 5 E-W tie-lines at 500m separation using a DRONE equipped with a Mag magnetometer. Results from this mag survey along with surface chip and channel samples, property wide soil sampling and previous drill results will be analyzed to plan drill targets for a fall 2020 drill program.
- Silver Spruce Resources, has mobilized a crew to its El Mezquite property in Sonora to conduct geology mapping of the entire property and collect additional rock samples for analysis as well as for an study of alteration intensity and style using a Terraspec hyperspectral tool.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., presented underground channel sampling results from its El Tigre project in Sonora. This sampling program is intended to generate drill targets. In the Fundadora Vein, highlights include 4.44 g/t Au and 3,064 g/t Ag (3,397 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 0.5m; 8.6 g/t Au and 2,500 g/t Ag (3,145 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.4m; and 22.3 g/t Au and 606 g/t Ag (2,278 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.2m. At Protectora Vein, highlights include 32.99 g/t Au and 2,283 g/t Ag (2,474 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.4m. At Caleigh Vein, highlights include 26.65 g/t Au and 1,679 g/t Ag (1,999 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.4m. At the Aquilas Norte area, sampling returned significant results such as 4.71 g/t Au and 1,709 g/t A (2,062 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.3m; and 1.37 g/t Au and 1,843 g/t Ag (1,946 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.3m.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., presented drill results from additional four holes collared at its Columba project in Chihuahua in the J and Z Veins. Highlights include hole CDH-20-060 with 132 g/t Ag over a width of 64m, including two notable intervals: 1,025 g/t Ag over 1m within 226 g/t Ag over 9m, and 361 g/t Ag over 11m, including 608 g/t Ag over 5m, and 1,160 g/t Ag over 1m, all within 229 g/t Ag over 22m; and hole CDH-19-030 with 200 g/t Ag over 25.85m, including 415 g/t Ag over 11.15m, including 982 g/t Ag over 1.9m within 721 g/t Ag over 4.07m. The Ag mineralization in the J and Z Vein system is related to silicified breccias and thin quartz vein stockworks following classic banded quartz vein structures more characteristic of the F-Vein.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., announced drill results from 14 holes drilled by previous companies but not previously released from its Plomosas project in Sinaloa, revealing the presence of wide zones of Au mineralization in addition to attractive near surface Ag-Pb-Zn mineralization. Significant drill intercepts were encountered at hole PLSS18-02 with 0.2 g/t Au, 350 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (383 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 2m, including 0.5 g/t Au, 1,559 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb, and 1.1% Zn (1,687 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.4m; hole 219 with 1.9 g/t Au, 191 g7t Ag, 7.1% Pb, and 3.4% Zn (716 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.4m, and hole 235 with 2.3 g/t Au, 134 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 2.4% Zn (437 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.8m; and hole 244 with 1.7 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag and 0.7% Zn (209 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 12.6m. These drill results define a mineralized strike length of up to 700m, with field evidence and underground mapping indicating further continuity along strike and down dip.
- Vizsla Resources Corp., reported a second discovery drilling at the San Carlos mine on the Animas Vein corridor within its Panuco project in Sinaloa. Highlights include hole AM-20-15 with 0.61 g/t Au and 93 g/t Ag (144.9 g/t AgEq) over 0.35m; and hole AM-20-16 with 1.14 g/t Au and 130 g/t Ag (229 g/t AgEq) over 16.25m, including 2.19 g/t Au and 231 g/t Ag (421 g/t AgEq) over 6.75m, including 5.08 g/t Au and 821 g/t Ag (1,245 g/t AgEq) over 1.50m. The San Carlos Mine is over 6 km east of the recent discovery at the Napoleon vein corridor.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., announced Q2, 2020 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. At El Castillo mine in Durango, Argonaut processed 902K tonnes of 0.43 g/t Au to produce 9,151 Oz Au and 19,547 Oz Ag or 9,394 GEOs (Oz AuEq), at a cash cost of $862 per Oz Au sold. At San Agustin mine in Durango, the company processed 1.18M tonnes of 0.33 g/t Au to produce 13,403 Oz Au and 69,242 Oz Ag (14,288 GEOs) at a cash cost of $76 per Oz Au sold. The El Castillo complex (Castillo + San Agustin mines) produced 23,662 GEOs at a cash cost of $802 per Oz Au sold during Q2, 2020. At La Colorada mine in Sonora, Argonaut processed 506K tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au to produce 7,537 Oz Au and 26,554 Oz Ag (7,869 GEOs) at a cash cost of $1,169 per Oz Au sold.
- Equinox Gold Corp., did not report production results by single operation but presented a consolidated production of 127K Oz Au from their mine operations and sold 125.8K Oz, having earnings of USD $85.1M, a net loss of USD $58.7M, and an adjusted net income of USD $26.6M. For Los Filos mine in Guerrero, most of the period Q2, 2020, the mine was on suspension due to the COVID-19 pandemic but the company provided a H2, 2020 guidance and expects to produce 90K-100K Oz Au at an AISC of USD $850-950 per Oz Au.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented financial results from its Parral Tailings project in Chihuahua for the period Q2, 2020. GoGold stacked 282.7K tonnes at a cash and AISC cost of USD $12.13 and USD $14.93 per Oz AgEq respectively. The company sold 469.5K Oz AgEq with revenue of USD $7.9M and a free cash of flow of USD $2.2M.
- MAG Silver Corp., announced that underground production at its Juanicipio project in a JV with Fresnillo plc in Zacatecas is expected to commence soon. An anticipated processing of 16K tonnes per month from which 8,850 tonnes were successfully at the Fresnillo pant on a test basis while the Juanicipio plant is commissioned. The capex expended from January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2020 is approximately USD $172,695 leaving an estimated USD $267,305 of remaining initial capital (MAG’s 44% estimated remaining share is USD $117,614 as at June 30, 2020). This funding requirement would be reduced by both: existing cash held in Minera Juanicipio as at June 30, 2020 (USD$35,337); and, expected cash flows generated from mineralized rock sold and processed through the Fresnillo processing plant referenced above.
- Santacruz Silver Mining ltd., reported Q2, 2020 production and financial results from its Mexican mine operations. Consolidated production results of Santacruz for the period Q2, 2020 resulted in 116,799 tonnes processed to produce 216K Oz Ag, 57 Oz Au, 679K Lb Cu, 1.68M Lb Pb, and 4.85M Lb Zn. At Zimapan mine in Hidalgo, the company processed 106,725 tonnes of 75 g/t Ag, 0.42% Cu, 0.7% Pb, and 2.5% Zn to produce 181.8K Oz Ag, 679K Lb Cu, 1.5M Lb Pb, and 4.45M Lb Zn. At Rosario mine in San Luis Potosi, Santacruz processed 10,074 tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 113 g/t Ag, 0.8% Pb, and 2% Zn to produce 57 Oz Au, 34.2K Oz Ag, 154K Lb Pb, and 392.4K Lb Zn.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., presented production results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro for the period Q1, 2021. Starcore processed 59.1K tonnes of 1.7 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag at metallurgical recoveries of 88.77% and 56.53% respectively to produce 3,250 Oz AuEq.
- Canuc Resources Corporation, closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $275K. Net proceeds will be used for exploration at its San Javier project in Sonora.
- Discovery Metals Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $35M, including CAD $15M investment from Eric Sprott. After this investment. Mr. Sprott will own approximately 26.4% interest in Discovery Metals on a non-diluted basis or 29.9% on a partially diluted basis assuming the exercise of warrants held by Mr. Sprott. Net proceeds will be used to fund Discovery´s continuing exploration programs at its Cordero project in Chihuahua and its other projects in Coahuila.
- Orex Minerals Inc., announced a non-brokered private placement offering for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $5.5M (Sandra project. Durango). Mr. Eric Sprott intends to subscribe for the entirety of the offering. Net proceeds will be used for working capital requirements and other general corporate purposes (Sandra and Coneto properties in Durango).
- One World Lithium Inc., closed a portion of its previously announced non-brokered private placement raising gross proceeds for CAD $336K. Net proceeds will be used primarily for funding part of its Salar del Diablo drilling program in Baja California and for working capital.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., announced a private placement financing for gross proceeds of $1.6M. The proceeds will be used for exploration of the El Mezquite and Pino de Plata projects in Sonora and Chihuahua states respectively.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement financing for gross proceeds of $8M including the fully subscribed overallotment option. The Company plans to use the proceeds from the offering to launch Phase One of the 2020-21 Core Drilling Program to test its Cerro Caliche epithermal system’s potential to host high-grade gold mineralization at depth as discussed previously.
- Sable Resources Ltd., entered into an agreement with Sprott Capital Partners LP as lead agent for a private placement financing for gross proceeds of up to CAD $5M. The offering is expected to close on or about September 10, 2020. Gross proceeds will be used for exploration and general corporate and working capital purposes (Margarita project, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., released drill results from the Babi Vista Vein within its Las Chispas project in Sonora. This program is designed to expand and in-fill high grade mineralization to be included in the updated resource for the ongoing FS. The expanded high-grade footprint for Babi Vista is estimated at 800m along strike by an average 150m in height. The most significant results were encountered at hole BV20-60 with 635 g/t Au and 26,004 g/t Ag (73,595 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 1.3m; hole BV20-53 with 19.87 g/t Au and 2,996 g/t Ag (4,486 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.4m; and hole BV20-94 with 85.4 g/t Au and 4,716 g/t Ag (11,121 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.7m.
- Golden Minerals Company, announced results from nine diamond holes of its in-fill resource definition drill program at its Rodeo project in Durango. Each of the first nine diamond drill holes intersected wide zones of near-surface gold mineralization, with significant drill intercepts encountered at hole RDO-20-001-M with 1.85 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over 45m, including 2.59 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag over 29.44m, including 4.04 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag over 13.23m; hole RDO-20-002 with 2.18 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag over 35m, including 4.21 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag over 9.9m, including 2.44 g/t Au and 2.44 g/t Au and 17 g/t Ag over 10.39m; hole RDO-20-003-M with 3.23 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over 40m, including 6.86 g/t Au and 16 g/t Ag over 12.95m, including 2.62 g/t Au and 15 g/t Ag over 10.85m; hole RD-20-004 with 1.27 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag over 50m, including 3.33 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 9.18m; hole RDO-20-005-M with 3.78 g/t Au and 18 g/t Ag over 40m, including 5.96 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag over 23.4m; hole RDO-20-006 with 3.06 g/t Au and 9 g/t Ag over 30m, including 5.21 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag over 15.5m, including 7.55 g/t Au and 11 g/t Ag over 8.11m; hole RDO-20-007 with 0.76 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 50m, including 3.36 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag over 7.2m; hole RDO-20-008 with 2.95 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag over 40m, including 5.13 g/t Au and 15 g/t Ag over 20.5m, including 7.23 g/t Au and 24 g/t Ag over 9.6m; and hole RDO-20-009 with 1.51 g/t Au and 6 g/t Ag over 45m, including 2.67 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag over 20.25m, including 3.32 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag over 13.25m. Drill holes 001M, 003M and 005M were drilled with PQ drill-core to collect samples for metallurgical test work. Remaining drill holes were drilled with HQ drill-core.
- Coeur Mining Inc., provided H1, 2020 exploration update on its Palmarejo project in Chihuahua. Exploration has been focused primarily on resource conversion and expansion drilling around the Guadalupe mine complex, and secondly on the Independencia mine complex. The company has drilled 29, 496m at a total investment of approximately $4.1M. At North Independencia, key drill results were encountered at hole VIDH-140 with 5.4 g/t Au and 236 g/t Ag over 5.3m and 21.4 g/t Au and 36 g/t Ag over 1.6m; at Northwest Independencia, hole VIDH-136 cut multiple intercepts: 4 g/t Au and 439 g/t Ag over 5.3m; 2.1 g/t Au and 293 g/t Ag over 6.6m; 1.8 g/t Au and 100 g/t Ag over 6.3m; 0.7 g/t Au and 282 g/t Ag over 3.6m; 2.9 g/t Au and 207 g/t Ag over 2.4m; and 4.8 g/t Au and 638 g/t Ag over 0.6m. At East Independencia, hole BVDH-047 intersected 1.4 g/t Au and 248 g/t Ag over 7.6m. Coeur has expanded the overall footprint in the district by mapping and sampling exposures of new veins SW and NE of the two underground mining complexes as well as new veins W and E of legacy open pit mine. It plans to continue aggressively drilling resource expansion targets in several areas during the remainder of 2020 and into 2021.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., provided an update on the activities developed at its Las Chispas project in Sonora in H1, 2020. The company completed 97,700m of in-fill and expansion drilling and completed approximately 2.1km of underground decline and lateral development, and stockpiled an additional 12K tonnes of mineralized material for a total stockpile of an estimated 41K tonnes at estimated diluted grade of 1Kg AgEq. SilverCrest expects to release a FS by the end of 2020.
- Orla Mining Ltd., received from the Mexican Federal Environmental Department (“SEMARNAT”) the environmental permit required for the development of its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas. Orla now has the two principal permits necessary for commencement of construction activities at Camino Rojo.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Brigadier Gold Ltd., signed a definitive agreement to acquire a 100% interest in the 3,954 ha Picachos property in Sinaloa, including the past producing San Agustin high grade Au mine. Picachos is along a large trend that host several precious metals epithermal vein systems and recently, a large porphyry copper target has been identified. To acquire 100% interest in the property, Brigadier has to make staged payments to the vendors totalling USD $275K over a 5-year period, issuance of 4M common shares of Brigadier, and cumulative exploration expenditures of USD $3,850,000. Brigadier will also make payments to the vendor for Picachos development milestones as to 1M common shares upon delineating a mineral resource estimate containing a minimum of 350K Oz Au in the inferred category, USD $725K and 1M common shares upon completion of a FS recommending the construction of a mine on the property, and USD $2M upon commencement of commercial production. In addition, Brigadier may, at its option, issue common shares, at the then current market price, subject to a minimum of $0.30 per share, in lieu of one half of the cash payments to be made pursuant to each of, and a 2% NSR will be retained by the vendor who is arm´s length to Brigadier. The company also announced the appointment of a new member to its board of directors.
- Magna Gold Corp., entered into a definitive option agreement with a private party to acquire a 100% undivided interest in the Los Muertos property in Sonora. Los Muertos is characterized by extreme silicification, hematization, and argillic alteration, suggesting the potential for both extensive Ag-Au vein systems, and coincident, pervasive disseminated Magna can earn a 100% undivided interest by paying an aggregate amount of USD $425K plus VAT in five annual installments commencing on the effective date of the agreement, August 3rd, 2020.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., signed a definitive agreement with First Majestic to acquire up to a 100% interest in the La Joya property in Durango. The company may acquire an initial 80% interest by making staged payment totalling $1.3M over a 5-year period plus annual holding costs for the property, incurring exploration expenditures on the property of not less than $1M within 3 years, and issuing such number of common shares of the company as is equal to 19.9% of the then-issued and outstanding shares of Silver Dollar. . If Silver Dollar incurs at least $1,000,000 of exploration expenditures on the Property within three years of the date of the Definitive Agreement, First Majestic will waive the third- and fourth-anniversary cash option payments described above totalling $600,000. First Majestic will reserve a 2% NSR in all minerals produced from the property. Within 30 days after exercising its first option, Silver Dollar may exercise its second option and acquire the remaining 20% interest in the subsidiary that owns the La Joya Silver Project by delivering notice and issuing to First Majestic the number of shares as is equal to 5% of the then-issued and outstanding shares of Silver Dollar.
- Alien Metals ltd., appointed IBK Capital Corp to assists it with the project level funding and JV process for its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas. Its services include private placements of equity and debt instruments, with significant experience in the mining sector.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., has granted the exclusive right to Gray Rock Resources Ltd., to acquire a 100% interest in the Ana Maria and Laberinto properties in Durango. In order to exercise the option, Gray Rock has to issue to Avino a total of $600k in cash or common shares: $50K in cash or shares within 30 days of the approval date; $50K in cash or common shares on or before the first anniversary of the approval date; $100K in cash or common shares on or before the second anniversary of the approval date; $200K in cash or common shares on or before the third anniversary of the approval date; $200K in cash or common shares on or before the fourth anniversary of the approval date; incur a total of $750K in exploration expenditures ($50K on or before the first anniversary of the approval date; 100K on or before the second anniversary of the approval date; and 600K on or before the fourth anniversary of the approval date). Gray Rock also granted Avino a right of first refusal on 60 days’ notice to Avino to purchase and process any ore or concentrate extracted from the properties under a custom milling contract at Avino’s mine facilities.
- Evrim Resources Inc., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders, and approved the previously announced merger transaction with Renaissance Gold Inc Under the terms of the arrangement, each outstanding RenGold common share will be exchanged for 1.2448 Evrim common shares, which will result in RenGold shareholders immediately prior to the arrangement holding 50% of the issued and outstanding shares Evrim shares immediately following the arrangement.. Once the arrangement is completed, the company will change its name to Orogen Royalties Inc. (Ermitaño project, Sonora).
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced results of its 2020 annual general meeting of shareholders, as well as the election of directors (La Platosa mine, Durango).
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed the spin-out of shares of Capitan Mining Inc. Capitan and its shareholders will now hold 100% interest of the Au-Ag resource at the Peñoles project. Pursuant to the arrangement, holders of common shares of Riverside on August 13, 2020 will receive one new common share of Riverside and 0.2594 of a Capitan share for each common share held. The existing common shares of Riverside were delisted from the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) on August 13, 2020. Riverside shares commenced trading on the TSXV at the market opening on August 14, 2020.
- Monarca Minerals Inc., closed the sale of the El Sol project in Durango to Southern Silver and appointed a new member to its board of directors. El Sol is a small mining concession of 63 ha adjacent to Southern Silver´s Cerro Minas project. The agreement is for USD $300K payable in three equal instalments on execution of a definitive agreement, twelve months and eighteen months together with retention by the Company of 2% NSR on production from the claim with a right in Southern Silver to purchase the royalty at any time for USD $1M. El Sol is a non-core asset for Monarca and net proceeds from the sell will be used to advance the company’s San Jose project in Chihuahua, Mexico and for general working capital.
- Minera Alamos Inc., granted 600K options exercisable at a price of $0.67 to an officer of the company (Santana project, Sonora). The options will expire in five years.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), inaugurated a waste water treatment system at Cocula municipality of Guerrero. This system had an investment of MXP $6.3M and is part of the infrastructure endowment that the subsidiary mine of Torex Gold Resource planned for the relocation of said town in which 360 inhabitants live in 103 homes.
- Grupo Mexico Foundation, donated seven assisted breathing ventilators, as well as personal protection equipment for ambulances from the Ministry of Health of Coahuila. In this way, the Ministry of Health of the Government of Coahuila guarantees high-quality advanced care, which can be offered from the place of the incident or report, to the transfer to the hospital for more personalized attention for COVID-19.
- Personnel of Fresnillo plc, will carried out rapid tests of COVID-19 in the communities and neighborhoods near the area of operation of the mines in the Fresnillo district.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, phyllic alteration in a porphyry Cu system in a prospect in Puebla, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.