GREAT PANTHER SILVER LIMITED (TSX: GPR) (NYSE American: GPL) (“Great Panther”; or the “Company”) today reported financial results for the Company’s year ended December 31, 2017. The full version of the Company’s consolidated financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”) can be viewed on the Company’s website at www.greatpanther.com or SEDAR at www.sedar.com. All financial information is prepared in accordance with IFRS, except as noted in the Non-GAAP Measures section of the MD&A. All dollar amounts are expressed in US dollars (“USD”), unless otherwise noted.
Toronto, Ontario – (February 22, 2018) Argonaut Gold Inc. (TSX: AR) (the “Company”, “Argonaut Gold” or “Argonaut”) is pleased to announce its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2017. The Company reports quarterly and full year net income of $5.2 million and $23.9 million, respectively, or earnings per share of $0.03 and $0.14, respectively, derived from the sale of 31,025 and 123,554 gold equivalent ounces1 (“GEO” or “GEOs”), respectively, which generated cash flow from operations before working capital changes of $11.7 million and $45.9 million, respectively. During 2017, the Company produced 126,704 GEOs, including pre-commercial production from the San Agustin mine of 2,932 GEOs. All dollar amounts are expressed in United States dollars unless otherwise specified (C$ represents Canadian dollars).
ORONTO, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alamos Gold Inc. (TSX:AGI) (NYSE:AGI) (“Alamos” or the “Company”) today reported its financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2017 and reviewed its operating, exploration and development activities.
“We executed on a number of operational and strategic objectives in 2017, all of which continue to strengthen our outlook. We met guidance with a 10% increase in production to a new record of 429,400 ounces while delivering an 8% decrease in all-in sustaining costs. This drove strong free cash flow growth from our operations and our best financial performance in years,” said John A. McCluskey, President and Chief Executive Officer.
TORONTO, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — McEwen Mining Inc. (NYSE:MUX) (TSX:MUX) today reported fourth quarter and full year results for the period ended December 31, 2017. For the year, McEwen Mining achieved production of 152,329gold equivalent ounces(1)(“GEOs”). Our consolidated net loss for 2017 was $10.6 million(2), or $0.03 per share. Net cash outflow during the year from operating activities was $15.4 million, principally due to higher exploration, development and operating expenses associated with our long-term growth plans. As of February 21, 2018 the Company had cash, investments and precious metals of $60 million and no debt.
Global Mineral Reserves Increase 28% Reflecting Addition of Island Gold, Strong Growth at La Yaqui Grande and Initial Mineral Reserve at Lynn Lake
All amounts are in United States dollars, unless otherwise stated.
TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alamos Gold Inc. (TSX:AGI) (NYSE:AGI) (“Alamos” or the “Company”) today reported its updated mineral reserves and resources as of December 31, 2017. For a detailed summary of mineral reserves and resources by project, refer to the tables below.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alio Gold Inc (TSX:ALO) (NYSE AMERICAN:ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), today reported its fourth quarter and year end 2017 results. Production results were previously released on January 11, 2018. The Company will host a conference call at 11:00am EST today to discuss the results and the details of the call can be found at the end of the release.
VANCOUVER, Feb. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ: PAAS; TSX: PAAS) (“Pan American”, or the “Company”) today reported its mineral reserves and resources as at December 31, 2017. Pan American’s mineral reserves are estimated to contain approximately 288 million ounces of silver and 1.9 million ounces of gold compared with 286 million ounces of silver and 2.0 million ounces of gold at December 31, 2016.
LONDON (Alliance News) – Bacanora Lithium PLC, which is to become the holding company of Bacanora Minerals Ltd, announced Tuesday its intention to list on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market in March.
The listing is part the previously announced plan by Bacanora to re-domicile to the UK from Canada.
Bacanora Lithium is to comprise of 134.0 million new shares, with no new capital to be raised. Its market capitalisation on admission, expected on March 21, will be around GBP140.0 million.
MONTREAL, QUEBEC–(Marketwired – Feb. 20, 2018) – Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd (the “Company” or “Osisko”) (TSX:OR)(NYSE:OR) is pleased to report its results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017 and provide 2018 guidance. Amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 7th week of the year (February 12th to February 18th, 2018), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five reporting its Q4 and annual 2017 results, six providing update on exploration at their projects, and six announcing financing rounds. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure commenced a regional exploration program within its Oposura project. It also reported results from soil and ground magnetic surveys at its Sara Alicia project. Riverside provided update on exploration and drilling at its Glor project in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Consolidated Zinc announced high-grade drill results from Tres Amigos area at its Plomosas property; Kootenay announced a drill program at its la Cigarra project. In Durango, Hecla discovered new high-grade zones between known veins on its San Sebastian project. ON MINING, Telson announced the startup of pre-production developing mining and processing at its Campo Morado Mine in Guerrero, and the results of pre-production mining and processing at its Tahuehueto Mine in Durango. Avino reported annual production results for 2017 and 2018 outlook for the Avino and San Gonzalo Mines in Durango. GoGold reported the sale of 366.4K Oz Ag Eq produced at its Parral operation in Chihuahua. Capstone, Hecla and Agnico presented Q4 and annual production results for 2017. Mexus announced sale of gold produced at its Santa Elena Mine in Caborca, Sonora. ON FINANCING, GoGold reported income of $42.9M and income of $30M for Q4 2017. Levon closed a non-brokered private placement for $900K. Orla closed bought deal financing for $30.77M. First Majestic closed an over-allotment option for $150M. Agnico participated in Orla Mining financing acquiring $3M on shares. Alamos Gold announced a financing round of $CAD 3.3M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure commenced a geological modelling and maiden resource estimation at its Oposura project in Sonora. Sierra Metals disclosed a new mineral resource estimate for its Cusi Mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Telson Resources announced a change of name to Telson Mining Corporation. San Marco Resources, Impact Silver, and Defiance Silver announced the appointments of Investor Relations, CFO and interim President & CEO respectively.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Azure Minerals Limited, announced positive results in two of its projects in Sonora. At Sara Alicia project, Azure reported a strong 200m by 100m Co-Au anomaly from a close-spaced soil sampling with highest values of 1.26 g/t Au and 0.15% Co, which show a close association with strongly magnetic skarn confirmed by magnetic surveys. A separate high-grade Zn anomaly exceeding 1,000 ppm Zn was also identified from the soil sampling. Average of 26 samples is 0.45% Zn with a maximum value of 3.54% Zn. A drill program to test these positive results is in preparation. Azure also announced that the resource definition drilling program comprising 76 holes for 4,196m at the east zone of its Oposura project has finished. It also reported good portable XRF analysis of samples returning high-grade rock chips up to 8.3% Pb and 2.3% Zn. A geological modelling and maiden resource estimation is expected to be completed in April 2018.
- Riverside Resources Inc., completed a drilling program focused on its Puerto Alamo target within its Glor project in Sonora. The drill program comprised seven holes for a total length of 1,212m. Several narrow intervals were intersected from 1 to 4.7m in thickness @25 to 0.35 g/t Au. Stream sediment and soil sampling followed by mapping and rock sampling are planned for Q1 2018. Riverside also announced drill results from its Clemente project in Sonora where the best intersection returned 0.7m @ 827 g/t Ag, 0.23 g/t Au, and 2.1% combined Pb+Zn. Plans to explore undrilled potential areas of Au and Ag at the Santa Elena zone are in progress.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, announced drill results from the infill resource definition program at Tres Amigos Zone within its Plomosas Mine in Chihuahua. The most significant intersection comprise 5.65m @3% Zn, 7.6% Pb, and 24 g/t Ag; 4.50m @ 36.5% Zn, 0.76% Pb, and 9.3% Ag, including 1.0m @ 35% Zn, 0.97% Pb, and 7 g/t Ag. These high-grade results expand the Tres Amigos mineralized horizon up to 120m down dip.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., is to commence a first phase 5,000m drill program on its La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. The goal is to test La Borracha Zone, the continuity of the high grade bearing structures such as the 104 vein, and the undrilled Nogalera Gold trend. A second phase drill program will be determined based on the results of this initial drilling.
- Hecla Mining Company, discovered new high-grade zones expanding the polymetallic mineralization at San Sebastian in Durango, similar to the Huge Zone on the Middle and Francine veins. Drill results on the West Middle Vein include 317 g/t Ag, 3% Cu, 10% Pb, and 18% Zn over 1.34m and 385 g/t Ag, 4 % Cu, 6% Pb, and 9% Zn over 1.65m. On the Francine vein, drilling results include 295 g/t Ag, 2% Cu, 5% Pb, and 5% Zn over 1.92m to the east and 411 g/t Ag, 2% Cu, 4% Pb and 6% Zn over 1.1m to the west. Drilling continues to expand resources and evaluate polymetallic targets along the Middle and Francine veins and the plan is to also evaluate near-surface, oxide mineralization at the Professor, North and Esperanza veins.
- Telson Resources Inc., announced the successful startup of pre-production developing mining and processing at its Campo Morado Mine in Guerrero. Telson milled 106.6K tonnes with average head grades of 3.57% Zn, 0.38% Cu, 0.85% Pb, 0.83 g/t Au, and 103 g/t Ag to produce 5,021 tonnes Zn concentrate and 2,013 tonnes of Pb concentrate. Telson also announced results of pre-production mining and processing at its Tahuehueto Mine in Durango, with 22,662 tonnes produced from El Creston Zone with average head grades of 6.94 g/t Au, 84.36 g/t Ag, 5.29% Zn, and 2.64% Pb, of which only 14,377 tonnes were milled.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., reported annual 2017 production of 1.4M Oz Ag, 8K Oz Au, and 4.4M Lb Cu from its Avino and San Gonzalo Mines, and announced the completion of an updated PEA for the Oxide Tailings. Avino is working on a plant and mine expansion to increase capacity at the processing plant.
- GoGold Resources Inc., generated revenue of $5.8M on the sale of 366.4K Oz Ag Eq. GoGold stacked 362K tonnes during Q4 2017, which were all reprocessed tailings. For Q4 2017, GoGold reported total comprehensive income of $42.9M and net income of $30M.
- Capstone Mining Corp., reported Q4 and annual 2017 production results from its Cozamin Mine in Zacatecas. During the fourth quarter, 4,254 tonnes of Cu were produced at a cash cost of $1.04 per Lb Cu produced and all-in cost of $2.08 per Lb Cu produced. For the full year, 16,732 tonnes of Cu were produced at a cash cost of $1.16 per Lb Cu produced and all-in cost of $1.90 per Lb Cu produced.
- Hecla Mining Company, reported production of 759K Oz Ag and 5,955 Oz Au in Q4 and 3.3M Oz Ag and 25,177 Oz Au for the full year of 2017 from its San Sebastian Mine in Durango. Hecla generated cash for $62.4M and spent $11.2M resulting in free cash flow of $51.2M.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, reported annual 2017 production of 330,400 Oz Au from its Mexican Mines, which include 180,860 Oz Au from Pinos Altos and 48,400 Oz Au from Creston Mascota Mines in Chihuahua, and 101,120 Oz Au from La India Mine in Sonora.
- Mexus Gold, announced the sale of a small amount of gold produced in a test run at its Santa Elena (Caborca) Mine. The company as hired a new engineer to run the mine since the heap leach pad has shown recovery difficulties.
- Levon Resources Ltd., closed a brokered private placement of $900K. Net proceeds will be used for corporate cost and working capital (Cordero project, Chihuahua).
- Orla Mining Ltd., closed a bought deal financing for gross proceeds of $30.77M. Net proceeds will be partially used for exploration and development activities in its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced the issuance of $US 6.5M aggregate principal amount of 1.875% unsecured convertible senior notes due 2023 to the exercise in part of the over-allotment option granted in connection with the previously announced offering of $US 150M (Six Mines in Mexico).
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, announced the acquisition of 1.74M units of Orla Mining for a total consideration of $3.05M (Pinos Altos, Chihuahua).
- Alamos Gold Inc., announced the sale of 3M shares of Corex Gold Corp., by a private share purchase and sale agreement with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd at a price of $CAD 0.13 for a gross proceeds of $CAD 3.3M. After this transaction, Alamos has not shares in Corex (Mulatos, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Limited, commenced a geological modelling and maiden resource estimation at its Oposura project in Sonora, which is expected to be completed in April 2018. This resource estimation along with other project development studies will be used to prepare a scoping study (SS) / preliminary economic assessment (PEA) scheduled for the third quarter of 2018.
- Sierra Metals Inc., filed a technical report to disclose the new mineral resource estimate on its Cusi Mine in Chihuahua. Total measured mineral resources are 362K tonnes @ 225g/t Ag, 0.55% Pb, 0.68% Zn, and 0.13g/t Au. Total indicated resources are 4.2M tonnes @ 217g/t Ag, 0.64% Pb, 0.66% Zn, and 0.21 g/t Au. Total inferred resources are 1.63M tonnes @ 158 g/t Ag, 0.54% Pb, 0.84% Zn, and 0.16 g/t Au. Sierra Metals reported that the total measured + indicated resources increased 129% to 4.56M tonnes from 2M tonnes, while total inferred resources increased 36% to 1.6M tonnes from 1.2M tonnes previously reported.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Telson Resources Inc., announced a change of name from Telson Resources to Telson Mining Corporation (Campo Morado, Guerrero).
- San Marco Resources Inc., announced the appointment of its Investor Relations Consultant (Chunibas, Sonora).
- Impact Silver Corp., announced the appointment of its CFO (Guadalupe-Minas de Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico).
- Defiance Silver Corp., announced the appointment of its interim President & CEO (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, banded chalcedonic quartz with Ag sulphosalts from a project in Durango State. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.