MONCTON, New Brunswick, June 06, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Major Drilling Group International Inc. (TSX: MDI) today reported results for the year and fourth quarter of fiscal year 2019, ended April 30, 2019.
TORONTO, June 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — VVC Exploration Corporation (“VVC” or the “Company”) (TSX-V:VVC) announces the following:
Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”)
The Company’s AGM will be held on Monday August 19, 2019 at 10:00 am (Montreal Time) at the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites – Montréal Airport, Toscana Room II, 700 Michel Jasmin Avenue, Dorval, Québec, H9P 1C5.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 22nd week of the year (May 27th to June 2nd, 2019), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, on a move that is likely to paralyze the processing of documents at all regional offices of the Direccion General de Minas, the federal government fired all non-unionized workers. The Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas has now been closed by an illegal blockade for more than a month. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Sonoro Metals provided an update on drilling at its Cerro Caliche property. In Chihuahua, Radius Gold released results on two more holes at its Amalia project. In Zacatecas, Galore Resources is mobilizing a rig to drill the El Alamo and Los Gemelos projects. ON MINING, Impact Silver, Telson Resources and Santacruz Silver presented its first quarter 2019 financial and/or operational results. Endeavour Silver updated on its performance plan. Camrova provided an update on mining and mine life plans for the Boleo mine in Baja. ON FINANCING, Prize Mining completed the first tranche of financing for $630 K; Ethos Gold announced a financing round intended to raise $225 K. Magna Gold completed a private placement for CAD$2.67 M. Silver One is to start trading on the OTCQB Marketplace. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Gold Resource released more drill results from its El Aguila project in Oaxaca. Fresnillo is investing US$5 M at La Cienega mine in Durango. GoGold released assay results from trenching at its Los Ricos property in Jalisco. Defiance Silver is drilling a geophysical anomaly along the Veta Grande vein system in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Radius Gold granted Panamerican Silver an option to earn up to 65% on the Amalia project, in Chihuahua. Magna Gold is to commence trading on June 5, 2019. The company optioned the Mercedes property and lately the Las Marias and Las Cabañas properties, in the vicinity Mercedes. Discovery Metals and Levon Resources combined their enterprises on an agreement that gives Discovery and Levon shareholders 50.4% and 49.6% ownership respectively. Altos Hornos de Mexico (AHMSA) bank accounts have begun unfreezing by Mexican authorities.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The federal government fired all non-unionized workers from the regional offices of the Dirección General de Minas (Chihuahua, Durango, Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Puebla, Queretaro, Saltillo, Zacatecas), in a move that is very likely to paralyze the already slow pace of paperwork at this government branch. Releasing of ground for staking, issuing concession titles, title reductions, cartographic information and contract registration are just some of the processes likely to be affected by this event (Personnel reduction is a cost saving strategy by the present federal administration, strategy that is feared to be likely to result in the centralization, slowing and paralysis of many government services in the coming months).
- The Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas has been now affected by an illegal blockade for more than a month. So far authorities at all levels continue to advise “negotiations” as the way to solve the illegal blockade, being careful not to mention any applicable law.
- Galore Resources Inc. announced the mobilization of a drill rig to El Alamo project in Zacatecas. The 2,500 m diamond drill program can be followed by additional 1,500 m of drilling at Los Gemelos project, also in Zacatecas. El Alamo consists of Cretaceous sediments, mostly limestone with some siltstone and chert, with alteration and mineralization represented by varying amounts of silicification and iron-oxide bodies after sulfides. The target has a minimum strike length of 500 m and 200 m width. Trenching highlighted values of up to 20.4 gpt Au, whereas drilling encountered widespread anomalous gold, running up to 17.1 gpt Au. Coarse gold recovery by gravity was attempted at the nearby Los Gemelos property with a partner, but the agreement on such endeavor has been terminated due to the lack of results. The drill target at Los Gemelos are porphyry intrusive related gold-copper skarns.
- Radius Gold Inc. has completed six diamond drill holes totaling 1,743 m at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Assays have been received for the second and third holes (results on the first hole were previously released), highlighting the intercept of 5m @ 647 gpt Ag of white chalcedonic stockworks, silicification and hydrothermal breccias. The remaining three holes (results pending) cut wide intervals of moderate to strong silica and adularia alteration, brecciation, quartz sulphide veinlets and trace fine to moderate black sulphides.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. provided an update on the last 20 holes at its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Highlighted intercepts comprise 9.15 m @ 1.26 gpt AuEq at Japoneses, 3.05 m @ 6.18 gpt AuEq; 9.14 m @ 1.33 gpt AuEq at La Española, 15.24 m @ 0.56 gpt AuEq at Guadalupe, 7.6 m @ 1.14 gpt AuEq at Chinos Altos, 10.67 m @ 1.06 gpt AuEq, and 10.67 m @ 0.74 gpt AuEq at Buena Suerte. Almost 90% of the 10,000 m drill program is now complete.
- Impact Silver Corp. released its first quarter 2019 financial and production results. The company processed 35.8 K tonnes @ 167 gpt Ag to produce 163.6 K Oz Ag. Revenue was $3.0 M, with a net loss for the quarter of $0.9 M. Costs per tonne processed have been reduced by 10% from last year, as the company continues to focus on cost reductions. Dense media separation is being evaluated for treating ore from the Capire project, and a new concentrate sales partnership has been signed. The company had cash of $0.4 M and trade and other receivables of $1.6 by the end of the period.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. updated on its operating and financial performance plan initiated on recent months. The plan involves “changes to mine-site management and contractors, changes to employee and contractor supervision, renting used mining equipment and leasing new mining equipment, and revising the 2019 mine plans for all four mines, particularly Guanacevi. The Company has cut operating and administrative costs, reduced the employee and contractor workforce by 18% and deferred all discretionary expenditures”.
- Telson Mining Corp. reported first quarter 2019 financial results. At Campo Morado in Guerrero, 152.1 K tonnes of ore @ 4.25% Zn, 1.14% Pb, 118 gpt Ag, 1.08 gpt Au were mined at a daily rate of 1,811 tonnes (tpd); 148.3 K tonnes were processed (1,765 tpd), recovering 69% Zn, 33% Pb to produce 9.7 M Lb Zn, 1.5 M Lb Pb, 212.7 K Oz Ag, 895 Oz Au at cash cost of US$0.71 and AISC US$1.01 per Lb Zn produced, obtaining a mine operating profit of C$3.05 M. At Tahuehueto in Durango, pre-production mining rendered approximately 21.6 K tonnes of ore. Telson produced 168 tonnes of lead concentrate (39% Pb, 6% Cu, 80 gpt Au, 840 gpt Ag) and 218 tonnes of Zinc concentrate (44% Zn, 9 gpt Au, 68 gpt Ag). Recoveries stood at 81% Au, 86% Ag, 90% Pb, 60% Zn, 88% Cu.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating and financial results for the first quarter 2019. During the period 42.9 K tonnes were processed to produce 257 k Oz AgEq at cash cost $20.64 and an AISC of $24.38. Revenue was $2.49 M on mining operations and $790 K on mining services, reporting a net loss of $1.84 M (Veta Grande, Zacatecas; Rosario, San Luis Potosi).
- Camrova Resources Inc. provided an update on the Boleo mine activities in Baja California Sur. The project is run by Korea Resources Corp, the majority shareholder, with Camrova holding a 7.24% stake that gives it rights to attend board meetings. For 2019 the production forecast of underground ore is 508 Kt @ 1.19% Cu and 2.44 Mt of open pit ore @ 80% Cu. Recoveries are expected to be 80.4% Cu, 29.9% Co, 4.2% Zn to produce 19,697 t of copper cathode, 419 t of cobalt and 1,016 t of zinc, resulting in negative free cash flow of $21M after payment of $25M in interest. It is also forecasted a 16 years mine life ending in 2034 by which time all debt is projected to be repaid, without a return of any of the capital that has been invested to date.
- Prize Mining Corp. closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $630 K (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Magna Gold Corp. completed a private placement financing for gross proceeds of CAD$2.67 M (Mercedes, Sonora).
- Defiance Silver Corp. granted 990 K options to directors, officers and employees of the company at an exercise price of $0.195.
- Silver One Resources Inc. shares will commence trading on the OTCQB Marketplace under the symbol “SLVRF” at open of markets on May 31, 2019(La Frazada, Nayarit).
- Ethos Gold Corp. announced a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of $225 K (La Purisima, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Gold Resource Corp. released further drilling results from its El Aguila property in Oaxaca. “High-grade mineralization intercepted 175 meters along the northern strike and 200 meters up-dip in vertical elevation significantly expanding the Arista Mine”. Highlighted intercepts comprise 3.45 m @ 2.45 gpt Au, 17 gpt Ag, 0.42% Cu, 1.4% Pb, 5.8% Zn; 1.45 m @ 4.35 gpt Au, 91 gpt Ag, 0.35% Cu, 1.5% Pb, 1.7% Zn; 11.95 m @ 1.04 gpt Au, 494 gpt Ag, 0.14% Cu, 0.4% Pb, 1.1% Zn (including 2.50 m @ 2.68 gpt Au, 1,420 gpt Ag, 0.33% Cu, 1.3% Pb, 3.2% Zn); 8.02 m @ 0.56 gpt Au, 395 gpt Ag, 0.06% Cu, nil Pb, 0.1%Zn.
- Fresnillo PLC. is investing US$5 M at its La Cienega mine in Durango. The company is to undertake an economic evaluation of the plant expansion, intensify exploration on several targets and permitting the fourth tailings dam. The 4,000 tonne/day (tpd) mining unit has been in operation since 1992, currently with a labor force of 513 employees and 544 workers by contractors. On 2018 the plant processed 1.32 M tonnes @ 1.65 gpt Au, 164 gpt Ag, to produce 66,869 Oz Au, 6 M Oz Ag, 4,799 tonnes Pb, 5,892 tonnes Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released assay results from 23 exploration trenches completed at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Geological mapping, sampling and trenching defined at least five new targets, identifying mineralisation for further 1.5 Km along strike, taking the system to a total longitude of 3.2 Km, on 1 to 25 m widths. Highlighted results (on estimated true width) include 22 m @ 0.92 gpt Au, 54 gpt Ag; 16.0 m @ 2.53 gpt Au, 187 gpt Ag; 21.0 m @ 0.44 gpt Au, 47 gpt Ag; 18.0 m @ 3.50 gpt Au, 71 gpt Ag; 7.4 m @ 2.16 gpt Au, 31 gpt Ag; 5.6 m @ 3.32 gpt Au, 49 gpt Ag; 9.1 m @ 1.73 gpt Au, 112 gpt Ag; 16 m @ 0.55 gpt Au, 163 gpt Ag; 17.6 m @ 0.76 gpt Au, 121 gpt Ag; 10.1 m @ 1.42 gpt Au, 164 gpt Ag; 8.8 m @ 1.95 gpt Au, 129 gpt Ag.
- Defiance Silver Corp. commenced a drill program targeting a large induced polarization (IP) geophysical target on the Veta Grande vein, SE of the San Acacio Silver deposit (with an inferred resource of 17 M Oz Ag @ 182 gpt Ag). The program is testing a 450 m step out on the Veta Grande vein system
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Radius Gold Corp. has granted Pan American Silver Corp. the option to earn up to an initial 65% interest in the Amalia project in Chihuahua, by making cash payments to Radius totaling US$1.5 M (of which US$100 K has been received) and expending US$2 M on exploration over four years. Pan American may earn an additional 10% by advancing the property to preliminary-feasibility (Amalia, Chihuahua).
- Magna Gold Corp. informed that its qualifying transaction is scheduled to close on June 5, 2019 pursuant to the policies of the Exchange. Trading of the common shares of Magna is expected to resume on the Exchange under the symbol “MGR”. The company has optioned 100% interest in two mining claims (the 345 ha Mercedes property in Sonora) for a four-year period, paying an aggregate of US$1.34 M paid in installments, starting on the sixth month of the effective date of the agreement and issue 2.44 M shares to the vendor. The seller is to retain a 3% NSR capped at $3.5 M, which can be bought at $500 K per percentage point within the first three years of production.
- Magna Gold Corp. entered into an agreement to acquire the Las Marias property and Las Cabañas mineral claims. Las Marias consists of seven concessions covering 646 hectares adjacent to its flagship Mercedes property and Las Cabañas consists of two concessions covering 248 hectares 10 km from the Mercedes property. The total purchase will be $250 k and the issuance of 1 M common shares of the company. “Magna’s total land tenure will increase to 1,239 hectares of highly prospective ground”.
- Discovery Metals Corp. and Levon Resources Ltd. entered into an arrangement agreement to combine both enterprises to create a “leading silver-focused exploration and development company that will control several district-scale projects in Mexico”. Discovery has agreed to acquire all of the issued and common shares of Levon, with Levon’s shareholders receiving 0.55 shares of Discovery for every Levon share held. Upon completing the transaction former shareholders of Levon will control 49.6% of the Discovery shares outstanding. Discovery holds a 150 K hectares land package in Coahuila, encompassing three shallow and high-grade silver-zinc-lead projects, while Levon’s primary asset is the Cordero project in Chihuahua, with 990 M tonnes @ 32 gpt AgEq and 282 M tones @ 56 gpt AgEq in indicated and inferred mineral resources respectively.
- Altos Hornos de Mexico S. (AHMSA) bank accounts have begun unfreezing by Mexican authorities, allowing normal activities to be resumed. “The bank accounts of the steelmaker were frozen by Mexico’s financial intelligence unit earlier in the week on suspicion of money laundering. The move to unfreeze the accounts follows the arrest in Spain of AHMSA chairman Alonso Ancira, who was detained by Interpol on May 28.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, galena-sphalerite-pyrite-chalcopyrite-quartz vein piece from a mine in Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – May 31, 2019) – Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. (TSXV: SCZ) (the “Company” or “Santacruz”) reports on the operating and financial results from the Veta Grande Project in Zacatecas, Mexico and the Rosario Project in San Luis Potosi, Mexico for the first quarter of 2019. The full version of the financial statements and accompanying management’s discussion and analysis can be viewed on the Company’s website at www.santacruzsilver.com or on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. All amounts are in thousands of US dollars unless otherwise indicated.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Telson Mining Corporation (“Telson” or the “Company” (TSX-V, OTC Pink-SOHFF, Frankfurt-TSGN (formerly SQ82)) is pleased to report its first quarter 2019 summary financial and operating results. The full unaudited consolidated interim financial statements (“Q1 Financial Statements”) and related management discussion and analysis (“Q1 MD&A) for the three months ended March 31, 2019 can be found on the company website at www.telsonmining.com as well as the SEDAR website.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 20th week of the year (May 13th to May 19th, 2019), at least 34 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Mexican government set the goal to reach $8 billion on mining investment annually. Fresnillo received an award for sustainable development. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce granted the contract for its drilling program at Pino de Plata. ON MINING, Mag Silver, Sierra Metals, Americas Silver, Great Panther, Consolidated Zinc, Starcore International and Fortuna Silver presented its first quarter 2019 financial and or operational results. Mexus Gold is hiring technical personnel for its Santa Elena mine and Fresnillo is setting logistic controls to prevent concentrate theft. ON FINANCING, Alien Metals raised £300 K, Orla Mining announced an early warrant incentive program for $4.2 M, Vangold raised $248 K, and Sable Resources $863 K. Almaden secured a gold loan for US$2 M from Almadex, First Mining raised $7.41 M . ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Fresnillo and Mag Silver approved the development of the Juanicipio mine in Zacatecas. Premier Gold released good exploration results at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. GoGold released results from two more drill holes at Los Ricos, Jalisco. SilverCrest filed a PEA with good numbers from its Las Chispas property in Sonora. Goldplay announced a 5,000 m drilling campaign at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Riverside signed a 2 year US$2 M exploration financing agreement with BHP for copper exploration in Sonora. Silver Spruce received $200 K for the sale of a property outside Mexico. Azure Minerals regains control from Teck of the Alacrán property in Sonora. Goldgroup Mining and Dyna Resources presented their stances respect litigation rulings relating to the San Jose de Gracia property in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Bureau of Economy (Secretaría de Economía) set the goal for the non-oil mining sector, including processing, of attracting an investment of US$ 8 billion per year. This is a steep endeavor, taking into account that in 2018 Mexico saw mining investments for US$4.55 billion, a 1.8% decrease 2017 levels, and a far cry from the 2012 record of 8 billion dollars.
- Fresnillo PLC. received by eleventh occasion the award from Centro Mexicano para la Filantropía, which recognized the company’s compromise and adherence to national and international social responsibility practices. Fresnillo programs are focused on quality education, care and promotion of natural resources and personal development of inhabitants in neighboring communities.
- The Mexican Core Shack saw the addition of core images from the Metates and Sirio projects, in Durango and Chihuahua respectively.
- Silver Spruce Resources. announced the granting of the drilling contract for a twelve hole program on its Pino de Plata property in Chihuahua. The rig is to be mobilized within a week.
- Mag Silver Corp. released its first quarter 2019 financial results. The Juanicipio project (Zacatecas) approval was subsequent to the period end, but all principal permits have been obtained and the process plant construction is to begin immediately. Underground development continues, with over 19 km of total underground development now completed. The company estimates US$344.4 M of remaining pre-operative initial capital. As of the end of the quarter Mag Silver held US$128.6 M of cash and cash equivalents.
- Mexus Gold US. announced the payment of a $111.5 K note. Furthermore, the company is looking to hire two chemists and one geologist to assist at the Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to be mistaken with First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- Sierra Metals Inc. presented its consolidated financial results for the first quarter of 2019. Sierra had revenue of $49.2 M and adjusted EBITDA of $12 M for the period, with record throughput at Cusi. At Bolivar, Chihuahua, cash cost was $2.04 per CuEq Lb and AISC $3.59 per CuEq Lb. At Cusi, also in Chihuahua, cash cost was $16.53 per AgEq Oz and AISC $30.57 per AgEq Oz. During the quarter the consolidated production (Mexico and Peru) was 7.7 M Lb Cu, 0.7 M Oz Ag, 16.4 M Lb Zn, 7.0 M Lb Pb. The company has a net debt of $45.0 M, holding 23.9 M in cash and cash equivalents.
- Americas Silver Corp. reported operational and financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company released consolidated production figures (without disclosing the production in Mexico) of 1.8 M AgEq Oz, with a revenue of $17.8 M and net loss of $2.8 M for the quarter. The enterprise had a cash balance of $3.4 M and working capital balance of $5.2 M at the end of the period (Cosalá Complex, Sinaloa).
- Fresnillo PLC. is setting logistics controls to reduce the probability of concentrates theft. Some of the measures taken include keeping close relations with authorities at the Federal, State and local levels; remote technological controls; physical security improvements at its Merrill Crowe plants; replacement of most security contractors, with increased controls; keeping to invest in community programs and infrastructure to back community development and support the rule of law; Suspending access to areas deemed too insecure; promoting the disclosing of criminal acts to the authorities.
- Great Panther Mining Ltd. reported financial results for the first quarter 2019. The company completed the acquisition of Beadell Resources and its Tucano mine in Brazil in March, and most of the report refers to its impact on the company. “A project to increase Topia mining and processing capacity by 25% commenced in the first quarter of 2019 with design specifications and equipment purchases and is scheduled to be completed late in the third quarter or early in the fourth quarter”. At the end of the period the company had $41.4 M of cash and short-term deposits.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. disclosed production from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua during the month of April, 2019. During the month 3,694 tonnes of ore were mined @ 11.66% Zn, 1.75 % Pb, for a total of 11,267 tonnes mined @ 10.7% Zn, 2.5% Pb during the first quarter 2019. Mine development was 173 meters for the month, 612 m for the quarter , with 4,737 tonnes sent to the Santa Eulalia concentrator plant, achieving a recovery of 88.9% Zn.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced production results for the fourth quarter 2019, ended on April 30, 2019. During the period 72 K tonnes were milled @ 1.8 gpt Au, 30 gpt Ag, recovering 86.03% Au, 54.56% Ag, to produce 4,093 AuEq Oz. The company stressed the 25% voluntary reduction on salary for the three top executives, same that will save $250 K annually.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported consolidated financial results for the first quarter 2019. During the period the company had sales of $59.0 M, net income of $2.2 M, adjusted net income of $8.4 M, adjusted EBITDA of $23.8 M and an AISC of $10.7 per AgEq Oz. At the San Jose mine in Oaxaca, 256.4 K tonnes were milled at a rate of 2,984 tonnes per day @ 267 gpt Ag, 1.71 gpt Au, recovering 91% Ag, 90% Au, to produce 2 M Oz Ag, 12,741 Oz Au at a cash cost of $6.4 per AgEq Oz and an AISC of $8.7 per AgEq Oz.
- Alien Metals Ltd. raised £300 K, before expenses, to further exploration at its Donovan 2 project in Zacatecas.
- Orla Mining Ltd. announced an early warrant exercise incentive program for 6.7 M warrants outstanding expiring in July 2021. Holders exercising the 2021 warrants will be entitled to receive one full new warrant. If all the 2021 warrants are exercised Orla would receive gross proceeds of $4.2 M before July 12, 2019 (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
- Vangold Mining Corp. closed the second tranche of the previously announced private placement for gross proceeds of $248 K. A finder’s fee of $14.4 K and 285 K warrants was paid (Pinguico, Zacatecas).
- Sable Resources Ltd. closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement to raise aggregate gross proceeds of $863 K (Margarita, Chihuahua).
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. entered into a secured gold loan agreement with Almadex Minerals Ltd. for up to 1,597 Oz Au, or approximately US$2 M. “The interest rate of the Gold Loan is 10% of the Loan Value per annum, paid in arrears. Interest payments can either be accrued to the Loan Value, or paid by the Borrower in cash or gold” (Ixtaca, Puebla).
- First Mining Gold Corp. upsized and closed the previously announced private placement, raising aggregate proceeds of $7.41 M (San Ricardo, Sonora; Lachatao, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Fresnillo PLC and Mag Silver Corp. received approval from their respective boards for development of the Juanicipio mine in the Fresnillo district, Zacatecas. Fresnillo is to be the operator in the Fresnillo-Mag JV (56% and 44% respectively), with construction to begin immediately and completion expected for late 2020. The mine is anticipated to produce annually 11.7 M Oz Ag, 43.5 K Oz Au, with an initial mine life of 12 years. The estimated pre-operative Capex is $US395 M, estimating the creation of 2,750 jobs during construction and 1,720 jobs at full production.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. announced the expansion of the Lupita-Diluvio resource area and a 3 km corridor that step-out exploration has identified. New mineralized veins have been discovered at San Martin and Margarita, outlining a 3 km corridor, while Lupita vein extension drilling returned multiple intercepts including 3.9 m @ 5.99 gpt Au, 41 gpt Ag; 2.9 m @ 5.70 gpt Au, 56 gpt Ag. Ongoing delineation program at Lupita intersected high-grade intercepts including 1.2 m of 10.75 gpt Au, 89 gpt Ag. At Diluvio West one delineation hole returned 30.4 m @ 6.43 gpt Au, 12 gpt Ag including 4.4 m @ 13.79 gpt Au, 22 gpt Ag.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results from two more diamond drill holes collared at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. The program includes twining of old RC holes, returning higher grades than the previous holes, like 21.2 m @ 7.66 gpt Au, 1,270 gpt Ag (previously 20.0 m @ 3.20 gpt Au, 845 gpt Ag), including 6.9 m @ 21.97 gpt Au, 3,718 gpt Ag (previously 6.0 m @ 9.00 gpt Au, 2,608 gpt Ag); 18.8 m @ 0.37 gpt Au, 68 gpt Ag, including 4.5 m @ 0.96 gpt Au, 119 gpt Ag.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released and filed the results from a preliminary Economic assessment (PEA) on its Las Chispas project in Sonora. The study displays a 1,250 tonnes per day (tpd) production rate at 411 gpt AgEq with an initial mine life of 8.5 years to produce annually an average of 5.38 M Oz Ag, 55,700 Oz Au at AISC of $7.52 per AgEq Oz. The Capex is $100.5 M with a payback period of nine months with an after-tax IRR of 78%, after-tax NPV of $406.9 M and cumulative undiscounted net free cash flow of $522.5 M. The PEA estimates a diluted resource of 3.86 M tonnes @ 4.05 gpt Au, 411 gpt Ag, or 714 gpt AgEq, containing 502,200 Oz Au and 51 M Oz Ag, or 88.7 M Oz AgEq with estimated average mining dilution of 33%.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. announced a 5,000 m drilling campaign on its San Marcial property in Sinaloa. The focus of the campaign is on the Faisanes and Nava targets, and to check on newly discovered zones along the Faisanes-Nava corridor. The company is anticipating a Phase II drilling campaign late in 2019 with the secondary objective of test eight exploration targets along a 6 km trend outside of the San Marcial resource area.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Riverside Resources Inc. signed a two-year US$2 M exploration financing agreement with BHP Exploration Chile SpA. for the funding of generative exploration in the copper producing belt of Mexico. BHP is to fund US1 M on an annual basis for a minimum of two years for generative grass-roots exploration within northeastern Sonora. Properties deemed of interest will become Defined Projects (DPs) and will be funded up to $5 M of exploration work. Riverside is to receive a success fee of US$200 K for each DP, with a $200 K bonus if three properties become DPs. If a DP goes to the Joint Venture stage (Riverside 20%), Riverside is to receive a $1.5 M bonus, and can sell its interest to BHP if elects not to continue on the JV (Tajitos, Sonora; El Capitan, Durango).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. received a $200 K cash payment from Croesus Gold Corp. for the sale of the Kay mine project. After a go-public transaction is completed, Croesus is to pay Silver Spruce a final cash payment of $150 K, no later than July 15, 2019 (Pino de Plata, Chihuahua).
- Azure Minerals Ltd. accepted a right of first offer proposal by Teck Resources Ltd to consolidate ownership of the Alacrán project in Sonora. Azure will retain 100% ownership of the project by issuing to Teck a number of common shares that would result in Teck owning 19.9% of Azure’s outstanding shares on a post-issuance basis, a 0.5% NSR royalty on the project, and a participation right on the proceeds of any sale of the project within a five year period.
- Goldgroup Mining Inc. announced a final judgement in the United States Disctrict Court for the District of Colorado confirming Goldgroup’s previously announced favorable award in the arbitration against DynaUSA, Inc., ruling DynaUSA having to pay Goldgoup $1.53 M. In addition, the jurisdictional ruling from a Mexico City court that ruled in favor of DynaUSA was challenged in Mexico by Goldgroup and is still pending resolution (Cerro Prieto, Sonora)
- DynaResource Inc. issued a response to news released by Goldgroup Mining Inc. (see above) in which the United States district court for the district of Colorado confirmed the August 2016 Arbitration award against DynaResource, same that intends to appeal the district court’s May 9 decision. Dyna describes in this news release three different favorable rulings in Mexican courts, same that award Dyna $48 M in damages to be covered by Goldgroup (San Jose de Gracia, Sinaloa).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below, quartz-chalcopyrite veinlet hosted by an intrusive rock in core from a project in Michoacan. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Vancouver, May 14, 2019:Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI) today reported net income of $2.2 million, adjusted net income of $8.4 million, and adjusted EBITDA of $23.8 million for the first quarter of 2019.
VANCOUVER, May 15, 2019 /CNW/ – GREAT PANTHER MINING LIMITED (TSX: GPR; NYSE American: GPL) (“Great Panther”, the “Company”) today reported financial results for the Company’s three months ended March 31, 2019. The full version of the Company’s unaudited condensed interim consolidated financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”) can be viewed on the Company’s website at www.greatpanther.com or on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. All financial information is prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), except as noted in the Non-GAAP Measures section of the MD&A.
TORONTO, ONTARIO – May 13, 2019 – Americas Silver Corporation (TSX: USA) (NYSE American: USAS) (“Americas Silver” or the “Company”) today reported consolidated financial and operational results for the first quarter of 2019.
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX:SMT)(BVL:SMT)(NYSE American:SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or the “Company”) today reported revenue of $49.2 million and adjusted EBITDA of $12.0 million on throughput of 568,401 tonnes and metal production of 4.0 million silver equivalent ounces, or 21.8 million copper equivalent pounds, or 50.6 million zinc equivalent pounds for the three month period ended March 31, 2019.