On the picture above, pervasive kaolinization of volcanic rocks in the vadose zone of an epithermal system in Guanajuato. Geologist Miguel Heredia for scale.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 14th week of the year (April 1st to April 8th, 2018), at least 12 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, of which three had information on exploration, one in mining, one in financing, five on resources and development and two in corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Riverside informed on exploration of its Ariel copper project. In Sinaloa, Goldplay completed a geophysical survey at El Habal. In Durango, Southern Silver announced its exploration program for 2018 at Cerro Las Minitas. ON MINING, Torex Gold announced all access to its projects in Guerrero has been restored. ON FINANCING, Palamina granted options to officers, directors and consultants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Alio Gold released drill results on two more holes on its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Telson Resources disclosed PEA figures for its Campo Morado project in Guerrero. Evrim announced a maiden resource on its Ermitaño project in Sonora. Americas Silver released drill results from the 120 zone of its Cosalá project in Sinaloa. Bacanora Lithium announced that a recent feasibility study demonstrated good economics for its Sonora project. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim announced First Majestic commenced arbitration proceedings on its Ermitaño project in Sonora. Bacanora Lithium announced the termination of a “placing letter” with NextView New Energy Bull HongKong Limited, regarding funding for its Sonora lithium project.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. completed a ground CSMAT (Controlled source audio frequency magnetotellurics) and magnetics survey at its El Habal property in Sinaloa, delineating 15 new drill targets. Goldplay completed a 27-line survey consisting of 100 m line spacing and 409 total stations over the 1.5 km of mineralized known length at El Habal. “Results confirm anomalous zones previously identified by historical drilling results and nearby shallow historical underground workings”. Several resistive geophysical anomalies were identified that correlate with anomalous surface trenching results and structural trends mapped previously.
- Riverside Resources Inc. identified through mapping altered porphyritic intrusive rocks in the western part of its Ariel porphyry copper project in Sonora. The hydrothermal alteration measures 2.8 km in length by up to 1.9 km in width.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. announced that a 2018 budget totaling US$3 M has been approved by the joint venture partners for exploration work at the Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. “The program comprises 13,000 metres of drilling in two phases which will target both the systematic resource expansion in the Area of the Cerro containing the existing Mineral Resource Estimate and continued surface sampling and reverse circulation drilling on new discoveries in the recently staked CLM West claim group.”
- Torex Gold Resources. Reported that negotiations between community leaders have resulted in an end to the illegal blockades of the El Limon-Guajes mine complex, supporting infrastructure and the Media Luna project in Guerrero. “The official government-regulated process for selecting between the two competing unions, continues. Since midMarch, there have been two public hearings at the Federal Labour Board, regarding the timing of a union selection vote. It is Torex’s understanding that the public hearing stage of the process is now complete, and that the next stage is a decision as to when and where the vote will occur. As Torex has said since the beginning, the Company will work with whichever union the workers democratically select.” Cash reserves at the end of Q1 were US$124 million, including US$14 million set aside for reclamation obligations. Also during Q1 a US$9.3 million principal repayment was made to reduce the term loan under the debt facility to US$290.7 million.
- Palamina Corp. granted 950 K stock options to certain officers, directors and consultants of the company under its stock options plan. The options granted at $0.39 per common share expire in five years for officers and directors and in three years for consultants (Santuario, Hidalgo).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Alio Gold Inc. released drill results for the last two holes at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. The 3,800 m program targets the complex breccia extension below the proposed open pit. On the first hole a hydrothermal breccia south of the proposed pit returned 0.94 g/t Au over 44.2 m, while the complex breccia below assayed 1.91 g/t Au over 40.90 m. The second hole returned 0.90 g/t Au over 32.4 m on the hydrothermal breccia south of the proposed pit and 2.03 g/t Au over 48.2 m on the complex breccia below. The fourth and fifth holes of the program have been completed and the last hole is in progress.
- Telson Mining Corp. informed a positive result of a 43-101 compliant independent preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its Campo Morado project in Guerrero. The current resource contains five mineral volcanogenic massive sulfide zones (G9, El Largo, Naranjo, Reforma and El Rey) containing zinc, copper, silver, gold and lead. The 2017 mineral resource estimate using a 5.5% ZnEq cut-off holds 16.6 M tonnes @ 1.70 g/t Au, 123 g/t Ag, 0.80% Cu, 0.93% Pb, 4.01% Zn (or 8.68% ZnEq) as measured and indicated resources, and 988 K tonnes @ 1.32 g/t Au, 116 g/t Ag, 0.64% Cu, 0.92% Pb, 3.20% Zn (or 7.27% ZnEq)as inferred resources.
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced a maiden resource was disclosed by its partner First Majestic Silver Corp. on its Ermitaño project in Sonora. The inferred resource was calculated on the Ermitaño West vein, holding 3.36 M tonnes @ 3.99 g/t Au, 68 g/t Ag (or 377 g/t AgEq), containing 432 K Oz Au, 7.38 M Oz Ag.
- Americas Silver Corp. released results of step-out holes on its Cosalá operations in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (TW) intervals comprise 4.94 m @ 33 g/t Ag, 7.2 g/t Au, 0.13% Cu; 41.68 m @ 148 g/t Ag, 0.25 g/t Au, 0.32% Cu; 26.24 m @ 181 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.51% Cu; 12.32 m @ 84 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 0.23% Cu. “The zone 120 deposit is characterized by steeply dipping parallel lenses of Ag-Cu-Au skarn mineralization developed in volcanically derived calcareous sediments adjacent to intermediate intrusive dykes and sills. Skarn mineralization is characterized by disseminated chalcopyrite and tetrahedrite….. Mineralization at area 120 has been found over an area greater than 500 meters in length, 300 meters in width and down to a depth of 550 meters. Individual lenses have widths of up to 60 meters.”
- Bacanora Lithium plc. Informed a recently completed feasibility study (FS) demonstrated economics of US$1.25 billion NPV; 26.1% IRR; and life of mine gross operating costs of US$3,910/t Li2CO3 comparable to those of the low cost brine producers of South America. Design of both the roaster/kiln FEED and the crystalliser/evaporation/IX FEED has commenced. “The current FEED schedule is to have designs, cost estimates and process guarantee scopes completed in Q2 2018 with orders for long lead items being placed at the end of the FEED process. The current time table is based on commissioning and lithium carbonate production commencing in Q1 2020” Currently advance is being made on water licenses, natural gas supplies and land surface access.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp. announced “that First Majestic has initiated arbitration proceedings in connection with its purported exercise of the option pursuant to which First Majestic can earn a 100% interest in the Ermitaño property, subject to the retention by Evrim of a 2% net smelter return royalty interest. It is expected that the arbitration will deal with the requirements under the option agreement for First Majestic to exercise the option and not the relative interests of the parties in the Ermitaño property.” (Ermitaño, Sonora).
- Bacanora Lithium plc. “As previously announced, the Company entered into a binding placing letter (the “Placing Letter”) with NextView New Energy Bull HongKong Limited (“NextView”) in December 2017 and as announced on 28 February 2018, although the Company had fulfilled all of its obligations in respect of the Placing as of that me, NextView failed to forward the Placing proceeds to the Company, leaving it in default under the terms of the Placing Letter. In spite of repeated efforts on the part of the Company requesting that NextView remedy its continuing default, NextView has continued to fail to complete the Placing as contemplated under the Placing Letter. Accordingly, the Company has terminated the Placing Letter and has reserved its rights to pursue any available legal remedies against NextView.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, pervasive kaolinization of volcanic rocks in the vadose zone of an epithermal system in Guanajuato. Geologist Miguel Heredia as scale.