By Jorge Cirett
During the 42nd week of the year (October 15th to October 21st, 2018), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. San Marco and Odyssey released advances in exploration. Galore Resources and Aura Minerals released news on mining, while Avino Silver, First Majestic, Premier Gold and Gold Resource reported Q3 production results. Sonoro Metals, First Majestic, Azucar Minerals and Plata Latina reported news related to financing. Telson, Azure, Candelaria and Goldplay reported on advances on its properties. Santacruz, Prize Mining, Azucar Minerals, Alio Gold, Canuc Resources, Minera Alamos and Excellon presented information on deals or corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX stated there are 19 ongoing projects to augment gold production in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Sur, Odyssey informed on SEMARNAT’s refusal for permitting the Don Diego project. In Sonora, San Marco is to start mapping and sampling the Espiritu project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining continues drilling at its Manto Negro project. ON MINING, Avino Silver, First Majestic, Premier Gold, and Gold Resource reported on Q3 2018 production. Galore begun mining at Los Gemelos, Zacatecas. Aura Minerals completed the first copper concentrate shipment from Aranzazu, also in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Sonoro is undertaking a private placement to raise up to $500 K. First Majestic filed a shelf prospectus that enables the raising of up to US$300 M in 25 months. Newcrest is exercising its top up rights to maintain 19.9% ownership of Azucar Minerals. Plata Latina settled C$231 K of indebtedness by share issuing. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Telson released high grade results from development sampling at Tahuehueto, Durango. Azure Minerals announced a positive scoping study on its Oposura project in Sonora. Candelaria Mining filed a NI-43-101 report on its Pinos project in Zacatecas. Goldplay was approved the drilling permit by SEMARNAT for drilling at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Azure Minerals released a positive scoping study on its Oposura project in Sonora, for an open pit/underground operation. Newcrest is to maintain its 19.9% ownership of Azucar Minerals (see above). Minera Alamos reported second round drill results on its Santana property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Santacruz Silver made the final payment to acquire a considerable land package in the Zacatecas district. Newcrest is to maintain its participation in Azucar Minerals. Canuc received conditional approval for its acquisition of Circle Energy. Alio Gold is disposing of some assets in Nevada and reducing its debt levels. Excellon is to sell the Beschefer project in Canada.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- According to CAMIMEX (Cámara Minera de México) there are 19 investment projects to be developed during the 2018-2019 period, five in Durango (Camino Rojo, Piritas in Peñasquito, El Compás, Fresnillo’s Piritas project and Juanicipio), four in Guerrero (Ana Paula, Bermejal underground, Media Luna, and Rey de Plata), four in Durango (Tahuehueto, Pitarrilla, Metates and San Agustin), Two in Sonora (Santa Gertrudis and a second leach plant at La Herradura), one in Puebla (Ixtaca) and one in Chihuahua (San Julian). Gold production in 2017 was 4,080,000 ounces, decreasing by 4% on the prior year, but considerably larger than the 848,000 ounces produced in year 2000.
- San Marco Resources Inc. is to start exploration at its Espiritu porphyry copper project in Sonora. Work in the property will consist of geological mapping, surface rock sampling and assessment of past drill hole and surface data. San Marco’s first pass review suggest the system is open in most directions. Past drill hole intercepts include 48.0 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 0.10 % Cu and 220.5 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. received notification that SEMARNAT repeated their refusal to issue an environmental permit for the phosphate deposit, “in direct contravention of the Order of the Federal Administrative Court”. SEMARNAT did not inform of any new environmental information used as a basis their decision, as was required in the Court’s Order. Odyssey “expects its legal team to file a new action before the Superior Section of the Federal Administrative Court demonstrating that SEMARNAT is in contempt of the Court’s Order with a request for sanctions and notification to Mexico’s Internal Control Unit” (Don Diego, Baja California Sur).
- Prize Mining Corp. continues with the 30-hole 3,000 m drill program at its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. “Core is being logged and sampled and sent out for assay, with first results expected in November”.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. announced its third quarter production results for 2018. In the Avino mine. during the period 81.5 K dry tonnes were milled @ 58 g/t Ag, 0.52 g/t Au, 0.54% Cu; with 84% Ag, 67% Au, 88% Cu recoveries to produce 112.6 K Oz Ag, 882 Oz Au, 865 K Lb Cu (or 3,935 Kg Ag, 28.31 Kg Au, 392.36 Tonnes Cu). In the San Gonzalo mine (which is nearing the end of its mine life) 19.7 K dry tonnes were milled @ 226 g/t Ag, 1.15 g/t Au; with 78% Ag, 75% Au to produce 107.8 K Oz Ag, 532 Oz Au (or 3,461 Kg Ag, 17,086 g Au). From the above ground stockpile 88.7 K tonnes were milled @ 62 g/t Ag, 0.45 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu; with 57% Ag, 52% Au, 37% Cu recoveries, to produce 97.4 K Oz Ag, 652 Oz Au, 112.8 K Lb Cu (or 3,127 Kg Ag, 20,931 g Au). An additional 8,212 Oz Ag were produced by a test program to recover precious metals and zinc from the San Gonzalo mine tailings. To counter significantly lower metal prices, Avino is reducing costs by postponing exploration, as well as reducing general and administrative costs in Mexico and British Columbia.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. announced production results for Q3 2018. Consolidated results include the milling of 864 K tonnes of ore to produce 3.5 M Oz Ag, 35,260 Oz Au, 4.44 M Lb Pb, 1.23 M Lb Zn (or 6.74 M Oz AgEq). A 20% cost reduction program across all areas is being implemented to deal with the prolonged low silver prices. AgEq year on year production grew by 69%, mainly by the addition of the San Dimas operations. The mine by mine production table is below.
- Galore Resources Inc. Has begun mining at Los Gemelos, in Zacatecas. Mining has begun without a feasibility study at Galore’s owned Duraznillo ranch, which includes the Los Gemelos and Duende 7 claims, within the Concepción del Oro district. The mining contractor has installed a gold processing plant with initial capacity of 90 tons per week. The proceeds, net of costs, are to be allocated with 40% to Galore and 60% to the contractor, URBYASA.
- Aura Minerals Inc. completed the first shipment of copper concentrate since the reopening of its Aranzau mine in Zacatecas. Aura “continues to further progress on the underground mine development and operational improvements to the plant. Construction of the new tailings disposal system (TD5) is expected to be completed this year”.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. released Q3 2018 production results, including figures from its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where 17,465 Oz Au; 88,390 Oz Ag were produced. “The Mercedes Mine remains focused on cost reduction and the development of new deposits to increase flexibility and productivity……. construction to expand tailings capacity began. Additionally, development continued on a drift from the Lagunas mine to access the higher-grade Marianas deposit located along the main Mercedes mine trend”.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported preliminary production results for the third quarter 2018. During the period production totaled 434 tonnes Cu, 2,119 tonnes Pb, 4,970 tonnes Zn, and no details were disclosed on precious metals. For the first three quarters of 2018, 18,864 Oz Au, 1.34 M Oz Ag, 1,206 tonnes Cu, 5,274 tonnes Pb, 14,236 tonnes Zn were produced.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. proposes to undertake a non-brokered private placement, aiming to raise up to $500K (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- First Majestic Silver Corp. filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus that will allow First Majestic to raise up to US$300 M during the next 25 months (Six producing mines in Mexico).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. announced Newcrest Canada Holdings Inc. exercised its top-up rights pursuant to the May 2018 investor rights agreement with Azucar, acquiring additional shares for a total of $124.4 K, and maintaining its 19.9% ownership.
- Plata Latina Minerals Corp. has agreed to settle indebtedness of C$201 K owing to its directors and indebtedness of C$30 K owing to its former CEO, by issuing common shares.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Telson Mining Corp. reported assay results from veins exposed during underground development at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. Highlighted results comprise 3.25 m @ 7.10 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.22% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 5.4% Zn; 6.10 m @ 5.04 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, 0.16% Cu, 1.8% Pb, 3.9% Zn; 8.05 m @ 2.52 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 0.19% Cu, 0.8% Pb, 2.9% Zn; 4.20 m @ 8.02 g/t Au, 96 g/t Ag, 2.93% Cu, 5.0% Pb, 8.2% Zn; 4.40 m @ 2.62 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, 1.3% Cu, 3.8% Pb, 3.7% Zn.
- Candelaria Mining Corp. filed a NI-43-01 preliminary feasibility assessment (PEA) report on its Pinos project, Zacatecas. The resources stand at: 85,847 tonnes @1.6 g/t Au, 83 g/t Ag measured; 175.7 K tonnes @ 3.6 g/t Au, 47 g/t Ag indicated; 529.6 K tonnes @ 3.6 g/t Au, 48 g/t Ag as inferred. The measured resources are in dumps, whereas the indicated and inferred resources are contained in veins 1.3 to 2.1 m in average widths. Production costs were evaluated for a range of 200 to 400 tonnes per day (tpd) operation. The capital cost is estimated at $13.5 M and the sustaining capital at $9.15 M.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. received approval from SEMARNAT (Mexican environmental agency) for its upcoming drill programs at San Marcial, Sinaloa. Up to 69 drill holes can be completed within a two year window. A NI-43-101 resource estimate is to be completed before the end of 2018., and a PEA is expected to be undertaken in 2019.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced a positive scoping study (SS) completed at its Oposura project in Sonora. “The Study delivers a Life of Mine (LOM) EBITDA of A$237 million, NPV(8%) (pre-tax) of A$112 million and an IRR (pre-tax) of 76%….. ”. The study calls for mining by open pit and underground methods 2.5 M tonnes @ 4.6% Zn, 2.6% Pb, 15.9 g/t Ag. The initial mine life is 5.3 years, with average annual production of 19 Kt Zn, 10 Kt Pb, 145 K Oz Ag. The total capital expenditure needed to achieve production is A$ 69.9 M (US$ 52.4 M).
- Minera Alamos Inc. reported results on the second round of its phase 1 drilling program at its Santana property in Sonora. Highlighted results comprise 80.4 m @ 1.05 g/t Au; and 8.0 m @ 1.0 g/t Au and 24.5 m @ 0.81 g/t Au on a second hole. “Planning of the Phase 2 drill program will begin once the remaining drilling results have been received and interpreted”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has made the final option payment to acquire 149 concessions covering 7,800 ha in the Zacatecas district. Santacruz now controls 8,900 ha in the district.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. informed Newcrest Canada Holdings Inc. has confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights on their last May signed agreement. Under the scheme, Newcrest is to maintain its 19.9% ownership of Azucar (El Cobre, Veracruz).
- Alio Gold Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to sell the Lincoln Hill, Wilco and Gold Ridge projects in Nevada to Coeur Mining Inc.. Alio is to receive $19 M upon the closing of the transaction. Recently, Alio has also reduced its outstanding debt with Macquarie Bank Ltd. from $15 million in past June, to $5 million now. The Company expects to fully extinguish the MBL debt during the fourth quarter. Alio also settled a $5 M contingent liability that the Company acquired with its acquisition of Rye Patch Gold Corp. and the Florida Canyon Mine earlier this year. The Company has also updated its surety bond for the Florida Canyon Mine in Nevada, releasing an additional $5.1 million in cash (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Canuc Resources Corp. received conditional approval from the TSX Venture Exchange for the previously announced acquisition of Circle Energy Ltd., a company with six oil prospective sections in Saskatchewan (San Javier, Sonora).
- Excellon Resources Inc. entered into an option agreement with Wallbridge Mining Co. to sell the Beschefer project in Canada (Platosa, Durango).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, epidote veinlet with feld-K halo in andesitic volcanic rocks in a porphyry-Cu prospect in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, October 5, 2018 – Millrock Resources Inc. (TSX-V: MRO, OTCQX: MLRKF) (“Millrock”) is pleased to report that drilling is in progress at the El Picacho gold project in Sonora State, Mexico. A series of ten holes totaling 2,000 meters has been approved and is being funded by Centerra Gold Inc. (“Centerra”) under an option to joint venture agreement. The program has been designed to test geological targets identified through soil and rock sampling, geophysical surveys, and trenching. The drill holes will test the Placeres prospect, one of several prospect areas identified by the joint technical teams over the past year. The project targets orogenic gold deposits, similar in nature to the nearby San Francisco gold mine, which is operated by Alio Gold Inc. The El Picacho project, located in Sonora State, Mexico, is located approximately 80 km north of the City of Hermosillo, and is accessible by paved highway and gravel roads.
Vancouver B.C. — September 26, 2018: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce new trenching, rock chip and geophysical results from the Phase 3 exploration program at its 100%-owned Cuale high sulphidation epithermal gold project in Jalisco, Mexico.The new trenches extend the La Gloria outcropping mineralization to the southwest where continuous mineralization remains open, while the Controlled Source Audio-magnetotellurics (CSAMT) geophysical survey confirms at least 200 metres of depth potential directly beneath the trenches.Rock chip sampling has defined a 1,430 metre northwest trend of gold mineralization and confirms a new drill target at the North Dome over 1,000 metres northwest of the La Gloria trenches.
Cuatro nuevas anomalías en suelo dorado en Cervantes confirman las perspectivas históricas con ensayos anómalos desde 0,10 gpt Oro hasta 3,3 gpt Oro del programa de exploración fase 2
Vancouver, Canadá – 22 de agosto de 2018 – Aztec Minerals Corp. (AZT: TSX-V, OTCQB: AZZTF) informa resultados de muestras positivas de hasta 0.47 gpt de oro en 222.0 metros en la línea B del muestreo de canales de roca en carreteras de perforación en el Perspectiva de oro y cobre pórfido de California en la propiedad Cervantes en Sonora, México.
minaurum discovers extensions of historic promontorio-quintera vein_son
Minaurum Gold Inc. (“Minaurum”) is pleased to announce that it has discovered extensions of the historic Promontorio-Quintera Vein and the Nueva Europa Vein at the Alamos Silver Project in Sonora, Mexico. The Promontorio-Quintera extension named “Promontorio Sur” extends for 1 km and is cut-off and down-dropped by a northwest-trending fault from the historic vein that produced in excess of 120M oz silver. The Nueva Europa extension known as “Nueva Europa Sur” was mapped for over 600m. The Nueva Europa vein was drilled 1.5 km north of the extension in Hole AL17-007, which intersected 1.2 m of 541 g/t Ag and 0.28% Cu (see Minaurum News Release dated January 18, 2018).
By Jorge Cirett
During the 20th week of the year (May 14th to May 20th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Seven companies updated exploration advances, with only one company reporting a quarterly report and one other a round of financing. Two companies disclosed news on resources and development while four reported on deals and company issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, San Marco was awarded the Espiritu concession, and Millrock begun a new drilling campaign at La Navidad. In Chihuahua, Endeavour Silver released drill results from its Parral properties; VVC Exploration commenced a new drill campaign at its Samalayuca project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals presented rock sample results from three prospects within its Minerva project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay optioned the Copalito property. In Jalisco, Evrim commenced a third phase exploration campaign at Cuale. ON MINING, Starcore International presented a quarterly report. ON FINANCING, SilverCrest Metals announced the closing of a $17.25 M financing. Mexus Gold paid a $183 K debt. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mag Silver presented an advance on development of the Juanicipio project in Zacatecas. Minera Alamos completed the second phase of bulk leach testing at its Santana property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Marlin Gold and Golden Reign signed a LOI pursuing a business combination. Kootenay Silver optioned the Copalito property in Sinaloa. Argonaut Gold informed on the state of affairs of the legal battle to resume blasting at its La Colorada mine in Sonora. Leagold received clearance from the Mexican government to complete a business combination with Brio Gold.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Endeavour Silver Corp. disclosed drilling results from its Parral properties in Chihuahua. At the San Patricio vein system 8,846 m of core drilling have been completed over 1400 m of strike length. “Three mineralized areas were intersected, of which the largest and central zone now measures 600 m long by 250 m vertical (starting 150 m deep) by 1-3 m true thickness, still open to the south and at depth”. Highlighted true width (TW) intercepts include 2.1 m @ 303 g/t Ag, 0.05 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 1.0 m @ 678 g/t Ag, 0.22 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 3.0 m @ 689 g/t Ag, 0.24 g/t Ag, 1.6% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 1.6 m @ 293 g/t Ag, 0.27 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 7.6% Zn; 2.3 m @ 1,660 g/t Ag, 0.72 g/t Au, 6.5% Pb, 14.4% Zn. Metallurgical recoveries from core samples with flotation and leaching tests include 47% Ag from Sierra Plata (oxide), 98% Ag on El Verde (mixed), 95% Ag on Remedios-Argentina (mixed), 94% Ag and 93% Au on Palmilla (oxide) and 91% Ag and 86% Au in Cometa-San Juanico (mixed).
- San Marco Resources Inc. announced it was awarded the Espiritu 2,712 ha SMR concession in the recent mineral concession lottery by the Mexican government. The property is less than 30 km SE from San Marco’s Chunibas and 1068 projects in the Sahuaripa district. “Espiritu SMR overlies a window of pre-mineral cretaceous volcanic and sedimentary rocks intruded by Laramide age granitoids”. Previous operator in the area, Kootenay Silver Inc. stated: “An extensive area of polymetallic vein, stockwork, breccia and gold-copper porphyry mineralization”. A porphyry copper setting and a vein and stockwork zone of precious and base metal mineralization are separated by a major fault. Selected drill hole intercepts include 48.0 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 0.1% Cu; 220.5 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu. San Marco is preparing to do a first-pass ground validation and prospecting.
- VVC Exploration Corp. commenced the third phase of diamond drilling at its Samalayuca copper project in Chihuahua. VVC expects to drill about 3,000 m in the next 180 days.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. optioned the Copalito project in Sinaloa (See below). “The Copalito Project covers a gold and silver epithermal vein system comprised of numerous veins, with individual veins currently traced over strike lengths up to 2 kilometres. Veins vary in width from 0.5 to 10 meters at surface and grade from background to highs of 7.2 gpt gold and 1,620 gpt silver in grab samples”. Vein textures indicate a low or intermediate sulfidation vein system.
- Millrock Resources Inc. is beginning a second round of drilling at its La Navidad project in Sonora. The target in the project is orogenic gold mineralization, bulk mineable run-of-mine oxidized deposit. The 1,650 m program aims to drill 150 – 250 m in depth in seven holes, testing areas of gold soil anomalies that now are supported by gold anomalies in trenches. The strongest anomalies occur in folded, faulted metasedimentary rocks of Jurassic age, in close proximity to diorite and monzonite dikes. An induced polarization survey has identified low angle structures conducive of orogenic gold deposits. A 1.4 km of trenching on 16 trenches has been completed, with multiple intervals of anomalous gold, like 18.0 m @ 0.56 g/t Au, 24.9 m @ 0.32 g/t Au, 18.2 m @ 0.20 g/t Au, 10.9 m @ 0.38 g/t Au.
- Evrim Resources Corp. commenced a third phase exploration at its Cuale high sulfidation project in Jalisco. The program includes 3,000 m of drilling, following on discovery trenches 1 to 4 from La Gloria zone, where trench 1 returned 1.67 g/t Au over 263.7 m and trench 4 returned 13.61 g/t Au over 106.2 m. “The soil survey has already commenced and will be followed with up to 650 metres of trenching at La Gloria and surrounding targets to extend the known footprint of outcropping gold mineralization”. A 40 line-km controlled source audio-magnetotellurics (CSMAT) is planned on potential mineralization under shallow cover. A 3,000 m program is expected to commence on July.
- Discovery Metals Corp. disclosed assay results of 152 samples from its Minerva project in Coahuila. “Minerva encompasses Ag-Pb-Zn mineralization hosted in skarns, mantos, chimneys and breccias”, similar to La Encantada mine 30 km to the East. The mineralization is located along the margin of a polyphase granitoid intrusive body, with ample zone of shallow gravel cover. At La Tercia prospect, channel samples returned 0.8 m @ 30 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, 4.6% Zn; 2.0 m @ 249 g/t Ag, 6.9% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 4.0 m @ 37 g/t Ag, 1.6% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 0.6 m @ 3.8% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 0.6 m @ 84 g/t Ag, 5.8% Pb, 0.2% Zn. At Concordia samples returned 0.8 m @ 1,775 g/t Ag, 14.5% Pb, 40.3% Zn; 0.7 m @ 51 g/t Ag, 2.6% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 0.4 m @ 11 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 25.8% Zn. At Mina Minerva results include 5.1 m @ 39 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 2.0% Zn; dump @ 229 g/t Ag, 30.5% Pb, 5.7% Zn; 0.8 m @ 143 g/t Ag, 9.7% Pb, 5.3% Zn; 1.0 m @ 41 g/t Ag, 2.0% Pb, 16.4% Zn.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced production results for the fourth quarter of its fiscal year 2018. During the quarter 71.9 K tonnes of ore @ 1.69 g/t Au, 40.6 g/t Ag were processed on its San Martin mine in Queretaro, resulting in the production of 4,140 Oz AuEq. Mill recoveries averaged 88.4% Au, 57.4% Ag. Also during the quarter the Altiplano facility received 373 tonnes of concentrate containing approximately 805 Oz Au and 26,813 Oz Ag.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. completed its prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $17.25 M, including the exercise of the over-allotment option in full. The company paid the underwriters a cash commission of up to 6% of the gross proceeds of the offering. The proceeds are to be used on the preparation of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) at the Las Chispas property in Sonora, as well as continuing exploration in the several targets it contains.
- Mexus Gold US. announced the payment of $183.3 K due to JMJ Financial, closing the current outstanding debt agreement prior to the expiration date (8 Hermanos, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mag Silver Corp. presented financial results for the first quarter of 2018. Underground development rate has intensified, and exploration drilling is now utilizing directional drilling to infill and expand the Deep Zone, which remains open to depth and on strike. The company funded advances on the Juanicipio project in Zacatecas, mainly by “cash calls” by the operator (Fresnillo PLC). At the end of the period the company had $152.7 M in cash and cash equivalents.
- Minera Alamos Inc. has completed the second phase of its bulk testing heap-leach activities at its Santana project in Sonora. The initial phase used coarse crushing (<3”) and the second phase involved fine crushing (<1.2-5/8”) and agglomeration of the same mineralized material prior to leaching. The recoveries from the second phase were faster and consistent with those of the first phase of leaching, with 190 Oz Au recovered from 9,000 tonnes of material over a three month period, representing 0.65 g/t of recovered gold.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. and Golden Reign Resources Ltd. entered into a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) together with Wexford Capital LP, pursuing a business combination of Golden Reign’s San Albino-Murra property in Nicaragua, and Marlin’s La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa. Golden reign plans to acquire all Marlin shares. Upon completion of the transaction Marlin shareholders will own approximately 45% of Golden Reign shares, while Golden Reign shareholders will own 55% of the shares.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. entered into an option agreement to acquire a 100% interest on the Copalito Ag-Au project in Sinaloa. The seven concessions 3,700 ha project can be acquired by making staged payments over a 4-year period, totaling US$985 K, with the vendors retaining a 0.5% NSR. A finders fee of C$10 K and 100 K common shares have to be paid.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. reported that the Judiciary court hearing with respect to the company’s explosives permit for its La Colorada mine has been rescheduled to June 4, 2018. The company also appealed the Judiciary court’s original decision to temporarily suspend the explosives permit to the Collegiate Tribunal, requesting to re-instate the explosives permit so the company can blast material while the judiciary legal process continue. Argonaut estimates it has sufficient ore to continue operations until the end of July, at the present rate of 12,000 tonnes per day (tpd).
- Leagold Mining Corp. received clearance from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) with respect to Leagold’s acquisition of Brio Gold Inc. “COFECE approval was the final government agency approval required before completing the acquisition, which is anticipated to occur on or around May 24, 2018”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, opaline silica from a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, May 16, 2018 – Millrock Resources Inc. (TSX-V: MRO, OTCQX: MLRKF) (“Millrock”) is pleased to report that a second round of drilling is beginning at the La Navidad gold project. The project, located in Sonora State, Mexico, 100 km north of the City of Hermosillo, targets orogenic, bulk mineable, run-of-mine, oxidized deposits that could be processed by heap leaching. Exploration work is being funded under an option to joint venture agreement by Centerra Gold Inc. (“Centerra”). The core drilling program will consist initially of 1,650 meters in seven holes, ranging from 150 to 250 meters in depth. These holes will target the large, strong, gold-in-soil anomalies previously identified at the Cobre and Crossover prospects. Recent trenching has confirmed bedrock gold mineralization at surface in these prospect areas. Additionally, at least one hole from the initial program completed in late 2017 will be deepened to test for further mineralization at the Anchor prospect. Results of that program were reported in a prior press release here. Contingent upon results of the upcoming drilling phase, the drilling program may be extended.
Vancouver, BC, April 11, 2018 – One World Lithium Inc. (CSE-OWLI) (“OWL”) (the “Company”) announces that fieldwork at Salar del Diablo Property (the “Property”) was recently completed with the work being done from January, 2018 to the end of March, 2018. The programs included area wide geochemical sampling and a time domain electromagnetic survey, which encompassed 79.5 line kilometers. The geophysical program was completed on March 29, 2018 and those results will be
released on receipt. The Company intends to complete a gravity survey in the near future and plans to drill test anomalous targets during May, 2018.
Vancouver, British Columbia- (Newsfile Corp. – April 5, 2018) – Southern Silver Exploration Corp. (TSXV: SSV) (“Southern Silver”) reported today that a 2018 budget totaling US$3 million has been approved by the joint venture partners for exploration
work at the Cerro Las Minitas project, Durango Mexico. The program comprises 13,000 metres of drilling in two phases which will target both the systematic resource expansion in the Area of the Cerro containing the existing Mineral Resource Estimate
and continued surface sampling and reverse circulation drilling on new discoveries in the recently staked CLM West claim group.