TORONTO, Aug. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — VVC Exploration Corporation (“VVC” or the “Company”) (TSX-V:VVC) today announced assay results from 6 additional diamond drill holes (DDH) from the ongoing drilling program at its Samalayuca Copper Property (the “Property”) in northern Chihuahua State, Mexico. A total of eleven DDH’s have now been completed in the Gloria Extension Zone (GEZ). The results from five of these holes (SC17-22, SC17-23, SC18-24, SC18-25 and SC18-26) have previously been reported. All eleven DDH’s which tested the zone intersected significant copper mineralization as detailed in the table below.
August 16, 2018, Vancouver, BC – Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (TSXV: GPLY, OTCQB: GLYXF – the “Company” or “Goldplay”) is pleased to announce initial results from sampling of the first of 22 historical core drill holes completed in 2010, on the Company’s San Marcial Project in Mexico. These drill holes were not incorporated in the historical NI 43-101 resource completed in 2008 (“historical resource”) and thus represent an opportunity for resource expansion. The results to date have successfully demonstrated continuity of the silver, lead, zinc and gold mineralization down dip and revealed new geological features, supporting upside opportunity for the discovery of new mineralized zones at San Marcial. The core sampling program has successfully identified a high-grade mineralized zone hosted in hydrothermal breccias close to major geological structures cross cutting a highly altered volcanic sequence
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce high grade gold sampling results on its 100% owned Malé gold project (“Malé” or “Property”) located approximately 100 kilometers south east of the city of Hermosillo in the state of Sonora, Mexico. The Malé property was acquired through Kootenay’s generative exploration program.
TORONTO, Aug. 14, 2018 /CNW/ – Sable Resources (TSX.V: SAE) (the “Company” or “Sable”) is pleased to announce results from drillholes 7 and 8 targeting the Margarita Vein from its ongoing 12-hole drill program at the Margarita Project, Chihuahua State, Mexico. Drillhole M-DDH-18-07 is located on the same section line as previously released drillhole M-DDH-18-05 (Sable Press Release dated July 26 2018). Drillhole M-DDH-18-08 is situated on the same section line as previously released drillhole M-DDH-18-06 (Sable Press Release dated August 7 2018). Designed to test continuity at depth drillholes 7 and 8 confirm extent and grade of the Margarita structure from surface to 80 meters down dip.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, August 9, 2018 – Millrock Resources Inc. (TSX-V: MRO, OTCQX: MLRKF) (“Millrock”) is pleased to report that the second phase of core drilling on the La Navidad gold project has been completed. The program was designed to test geological targets identified through soil and rock sampling, geophysical surveys and trenching. The drill holes targeted the Crossover and Cobre prospects. The Navidad project, located in Sonora State, Mexico, 100 km north of the City of Hermosillo, targets orogenic gold deposits and is being funded under an option to joint venture agreement by Centerra Gold Inc. (“Centerra”). In total, 2,969 meters in 14 holes were drilled. Additionally, Hole NV-010 initially drilled in the first drilling campaign was deepened. The table following on the next page indicates significant and anomalous drill intersections for gold in grams per metric tonne (“g/t”).
TORONTO, Aug. 7, 2018 /CNW/ – Sable Resources (TSX.V: SAE) (the “Company” or “Sable”) is pleased to announce results from the third drill hole targeting the Margarita Vein in its ongoing 12-hole drill program at the Margarita Project, Chihuahua State, Mexico. Hole M-DDH-18-06 is located between previously released holes M-DDH-18-04 and M-DDH-18-05 (Sable Press Release dated July 26 2018) and confirms vein continuity between these two holes over a distance of 500m. MDDH-18-06
intersected the Margarita Vein at a depth of 40 meters from surface and returned a
weighted average grade of 514g/t AgEq over an intercept of 12.4 meters. True widths are estimated to be 90% of the intercept based on vein to core angle. Detailed drill results, location plan, sections and core photos are available from the Sable website.
Marble breccia cemented by FeOx
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 31st week of the year (July 30th to August 05th, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six informing on exploration results, five announcing production results, five communicating deals and corporate issues, two reporting on resources and developments, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce received approval to drill its Pino de Plata project, Radius Gold-Pan American Silver announced a JV agreement to explore and drill the Amalia project, and VVC reported drilling results from its Samalayuca property. In Sinaloa, Goldplay reported drilling results from its El Habal project. In Durango, First Mining signed an agreement to option its Las Margaritas gold project to Gainey. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Alamos Gold announced Q2, 2018 results from their Mulatos and Chanate mines. In Sinaloa, McEwen provided Q2, 2018 results from its El Gallo mine. In Durango, Excellon announced Q2, 2018 results from its La Platosa mine. Great Panther reported Q2, 2018 results from their mining operations in Mexico and Peru. In Guerrero, Telson presented Q2, 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine. ON FINANCING, VVC announced a non-brokered private placement for $CA 1.5M. Colibri Resource negotiated an agreement to provide debt financing in an amount up to CAD $400K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Premier Gold provided an exploration update on its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Sierra Metals filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Goldplay secured eligibility for its shares and appointed its VP Corporate Development and Exploration. SilverCrest announced the resignation of one of its Directors. Equinox Gold announced court approval of the arrangement for the Solaris Copper spinout. VVC announced that its Annual General meeting for shareholders will be held on August 21. Radius Gold and Pan American silver entered in an agreement to explore the Amalia project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., received approval for drilling its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. The company plans to perform a first phase of 1,500m of diamond drilling to test high grade targets identified with surface sampling, with a follow-up phase 2 where results warrant. The first drill target is El Terrero, an area of 2 square km area showing disseminated epithermal mineralization in intrusive rocks, where surface sampling returned up to 557 g/t Ag along with anomalous Au, Cu, Pb and Zn values. Six holes are planned with targeted depths to 100m. A second target is the Teodora Vein, where surface sampling reported up to 553 g/t Ag with anomalous values of Au, Cu, Pb and Zn. Three holes are proposed with planned depths to 100m. The third target is the Santa Elena Gossan, an area of 20 square km where surface rock sampling on carbonate replacement mineralization in limestone/marble and sandstone/hornfels assayed up to 349 g/t Ag with anomalous base metal values. Three to five holes are proposed in this target area with planned depths to 100m.
- Radius Gold Inc., and Pan American Silver Corp., entered in a JV agreement to explore the Amalia project in Chihuahua. This option agreement is to explore a corridor of 3.5km of strike length and 600m of vertical interval, where 3 high grade targets showing epithermal Ag-Au mineralization in veins, vein breccias, and disseminated have been identified following the trace of a large regional fault zone. The Campamento target is a 500m by 70m zone of intense silicification and brecciation with massive and stockwork veining. A chip channel sampling returned 62m of 0.43 g/t Au and 98 g/t Ag. High grade has been also identified in this target with the most significant result returning 4.5m of 10.3 g/t Au and 202 g/t Ag. Radius and Pan American plan to drill test 100m to 250m below surface. The Guadalupe target is a high grade andesite structurally controlled breccia zone located 450m south along strike from the Campamento target and 250m lower in the geological section. A continuous chip sampling on the Guadalupe target returned 7m of 3.62 g/t Au and 1,048 g/t Ag, and 4m of 3.92 g/t Au and 888 g/t Ag. The Dulces target is a vein located 800m NE of Campamento target at the same elevation and occurs within an extensive argillic-altered andesite and related gold in soil anomaly. Sampling has returned 1m of 34 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag, and 1.5m of 114.5 g/t Au and 57 g/t Ag.
- VVC Exploration Corporation, reported drill results from its Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. The phase 3 was planned to drill 3,000m and begun in May 2018 with 8 holes completed to date. Results of the three first holes were 30m of 0.34% Cu and 6 g/t Ag, including 14m of 0.54% Cu and 10 g/t Ag; 7m of 0.39% Cu and 7 g/t Ag; and 25m of 0.43% Cu and 7 g/t Ag. These results extend the copper mineralization at La Gloria zone previously drilled in 2017.
- Goldplay Explorations Ltd., announced initial results of four drill holes from its El Habal project in Sinaloa. The most significant results are 77.5m of 0.43 g/t Au, including 9.45m of 2.05 g/t Au, and 15.4m of 1.35 g/t Au. The mineralization intersected consisted of a series of mineralized breccias, structures/zone faults present in a 6km long mineralized corridor which represent a high-level gold system hosted by a volcanic sequence with intrusives and related hydrothermal fluids.
- First Mining Gold Corp., and Gainey Capital Corp., signed an option agreement in which Gainey can acquires 100% of the Las Margaritas Gold project in Durango. Under the terms of the four year option agreement, Gainey can elect to make either annual share or cash payments to First Mining in the following amounts:
- Upon completion, Gainey will obtain 100% ownership of the Las Margaritas project and First Mining will retain a 2% net smelter returns (“NSR”) royalty, with Gainey having the right to buy back 1% of the NSR royalty for USD$1,000,000 up until the first anniversary of the commencement of commercial production at the project.
- Alamos Gold Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from their Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora. At Mulatos, the company produced 50.6K Oz Au at an all-in sustaining cost (AISC) per ounce of gold sold of $854. At El Chanate, Alamos produced 10.1K Oz Au at an AISC per ounce of gold sold of $1,442.
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its El Gallo Fenix mine in Sinaloa. The compnay produced 10.8K GEOs (Silver and gold production are presented as GEOs). Total cash costs and AISC per GEO were $783 and $816 respectively.
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced Q2 2018 results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. In Q2, 2018, the company milled 16.1K tonnes of 507 g/t Ag, 5.7% Pb, and 8.4% Zn to produce 277.7K Oz Ag, 1.8M Lb Pb, and 2.8M Lb Zn. Metallurgical recoveries for Ag, Pb, and Zn were 89.6%, 80.2%, and 82.2% respectively.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, reported results from their mining operations in Mexico and Peru for the Q2, 2018 period. The company did not release detail information from its Mexican operations (Topia mine in Durango and Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato).
- Telson Mining Corporation, presented Q2, 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The company processed 162.5K tonnes to produce 19.3M Lb Zn, and 1.3M Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 73.3% and 31.2% respectively.
- VVC Exploration Corporation, announced a non-brokered private placement for $CA 1.5M. VVC has raised to date $CA 1.15M and expects to complete the rest $CA 350K in August.
- Colibri Resource Corporation, negotiated an agreement with two shareholders to provide debt financing in an amount of up to CAD$400K.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, provided an exploration update on its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company announced the extension of a high grade vein system on its El Rey de Oro deposit. Significant underground drilling results are 16.55m of 6.21 g/t Au and 102 g/t Ag, 21.95m of 36.65 g/t Au and 171 g/t Ag, 20.5m of 8.1 g/t Au and 121 g/t Ag, and 9.2m of 8.33 g/t Au and 67.7 g/t Ag. Additionally, the company is conducting an underground drilling program to define the high grade Aida target located to the west of the main Mercedes vein where previous drilling has intersected a broad zone of low-grade mineralization with assays of up to 0.64 g/t Au and 0.79 g/t Ag across 31.5 metres. Premier also has the plan to drill test the Marianas vein once the drift has been established in H2 2018, and will go on with the definition and step-out drilling at Diluvio and Lupita areas that were recently brought into production.
- Sierra Metals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. The company released results of the PEA study. Results from the PEA include an after-tax net present value (NPV) of US$92.2 Million at an 8% discount rate, an after-tax internal rate of return (IRR) of 75%, a plant processing rate of currently 650 tonnes per day (TPD) growing to 1,200 TPD by Q1 2019 and 2,700 TPD by mid-2021, and a mine life of 9 years based on existing Mineral Resource Estimate.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., appointed its VP Corporate Development and Exploration and secured eligibility by the Depositary Trusts Company for its shares on the OTC marketplace where the company trades under the symbol “GLYXF” (El Habal, Sinaloa).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., announced the resignation of one of its Directors. (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Equinox Gold Corp., announced final court approval of the arrangement for the Solaris Copper spinout (La Verde, Michoacan).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, announced that its Annual General meeting of shareholders will be held on August 21 (Samalayuca, Chihuahua).
- Radius Gold Inc., and Pan American Silver Corp., entered in a JV agreement to explore the Amalia project in Chihuahua. Pan American can earn an initial 65% of the property by making cash payments to Radius totaling $US 1.5M (of which $US 100K has been already paid), and expending $US 2M on exploration over four years, and can acquires an additional 10% by advancing the property to a FS.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a marble breccia cemented by FeOx in an Iron Mine in Coahuila, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
PREMIER GOLD MINES LIMITED (“Premier” or “The Company”) (TSX:PG) is pleased to provide an exploration update, including the confirmation of high grade extensions, at the Company’s 100%-owned Mercedes Mine, located in the State of Sonora, Mexico.The ongoing 40,000 metre surface and underground drill programs include definition and expansion of the main gold bearing horizons and testing new zones on the property.
TORONTO, Aug. 02, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — VVC Exploration Corporation (“VVC” or the “Company”) (TSXV:VVC) announces assay results from its ongoing diamond drilling program on the Samalayuca Copper property in northern Chihuahua State, Mexico. The results define and extend the copper mineralization in the near surface Gloria extension zone first drilled in 2017.
August 1, 2018, Vancouver, BC – Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (TSXV: GPLY, OTCQB: GLYXF – the “Company” or “Goldplay”) is pleased to announce initial results of four drill holes of the Company’s first phase of its core drilling program, at its 100%-owned El Habal Project, Sinaloa, Mexico. The program has successfully identified near-surface continuity of gold mineralization. Four drill holes were completed at El Habal, totaling 1045.85 meters