Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce the commencement of a 7,000-meter Phase II core drilling program (the “Program”) following up on high grade results from the 2019 campaign at the Columba silver project (“Columba” or “Property”) in Chihuahua State, Mexico.
- 1.4 metres est. true width at 16,189 gpt AgEq
- 2.4 metres est. true width at 9,006 gpt AgEq
- 1.6 metres est. true width at 13,345 gpt AgEq
VANCOUVER, BC – February 18, 2020 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce a new discovery and additional drill results from the Babicanora Norte Vein (“Babi Norte Vein”, or “Babi Norte”, or the “Vein”) of the Las Chispas Project (“Las Chispas”) located in the state of Sonora, Mexico. Today’s release includes results for a total of 216 holes, 65% of which are in-fill holes and 35% expansion holes, and announces the new discovery of the Babi Norte southeast faulted extension named “Area 200 zone” or “Area 200” after the discovery drill hole BAN19-200, which intercepted 2.0 metres (true width) grading 6,418 grams per tonne (“gpt”) silver equivalent (“AgEq”, defined in table below). With this discovery, the Babi Norte Vein becomes the highest-grade vein currently known on the property.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the seventh week of the year (February 10th to February 16th, 2020), at least 29 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven commenting on Mexican issues, five disclosing deals and corporate issues, five announcing financial rounds, four informing on exploration results, three discussing issues on social responsibility, three reporting on resources and development of their mining projects, and two communicating production results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Americas Gold and Silver announced that a group of individuals has illegally blockaded the access to the facilities at its Cosala mine in Sinaloa. Javier Corral, Governor of Chihuahua and Francisco Quiroja, Undersecretary of Mining, installed the Regional Development Committee for Mining Zones in the State of Chihuahua 2020. Luiz Camargo, Director of Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver) stated that the main challenge of mining is to break the paradigms of old and rudimentary industry, showing that modern mining generates shared growth and benefits in the communities. Fernando Alanis, President of the Mining Chamber of México declared that the mining industry is lever of social and economic development. Francisco Quiroga, Undersecretary of Mining, reported that the Mexican Federal Government applied for four Li mining concessions. The Directorate of the Mining Fund, attached to the Ministry of Economy, has organized a workshop in Mexico City to train the presentation of infrastructure projects for mining states and municipalities. BNamericas analyzes the most important studies that will move the threads of key mining projects in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium applied for a drilling permit to continue the exploration of its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Silver Viper released drilling results from its El Rubi project, and Tamino Minerals provided an overview on acquisitions and its 2020-2021 exploration expenditure guidance (Amalia project, Sonora).In Zacatecas, Alien commissioned TMC (geophysical company) to carry out a ground IP survey at its Donovan 2 Cu-Au project. ON MINING, Avino reported annual 2019 production results from its Avino mine in Durango and provided an outlook for 2020. Capstone reported Q4, 2019 production and financial results from its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Hecla announced its intention to offer $475M aggregate of its senior notes due 2028. (San Sebastian mine, Durango). Millrock closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1.5M (Batamote project, Sonora). Premier Gold announced its intention to increase its previously announced offer for gross proceeds of up to $38M (Mercedes mine, Sonora). Santacruz revealed its intention to conduct a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to CAD $3M (Veta Grande mine, Zacatecas). Telson closed a first tranche of its non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1.94M (Campo Morado mine, Guerrero). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Metals reported drill results from its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Pan American announced step-out drilling results from its La Colorada project in Zacatecas. Newmont Corporation reported mineral reserves and resources as of December 31, 2019 for its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Mexican Gold announced completion of continuance and name change (Las Minas, Veracruz). Mithril reported results of its general meeting of shareholders (Copalquin project, Durango). Oroco announced its option agreement with Altamura Copper Corp., and the Altamura shareholders (Santo Tomás project, Sinaloa). One World Lithium announced the appointment of its VP, Corporate Development. The company granted to its VP, Corporate Development and a consultant, incentive stock option to acquire up to 500K and 200K common shares respectively at a price of $0.10 per share (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). Endeavour Silver announced the appointment of its Director and Project Development to oversee the development of its Terronera, Jalisco and Parral, Chihuahua mine projects. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Minera Peñasquito and the Cedros community, in Zacatecas, reached an agreement to ensure the water supply for the entire community for a period of 30 years. Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc) and the Metallurgical Mining Trade Union “FRENTE” inaugurated the sports facilities in Caborca, Sonora. The Institute for Training for Work (Icatson) will train workers in the mining sector in Sonora to raise the productivity of the mining companies in the state.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- American Gold and Silver Corporation, announced that a group of individuals, including a small minority of the Company’s unionized workers have illegally blockaded the access to the facilities at its Cosala mine in Sinaloa. After weeks of interruptions of the mining activities, the company is evaluating the total and indefinite closure of the mine and its processing plant.
- Javier Corral, Governor of Chihuahua, and the Undersecretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga, installed the Regional Development Committee for Mining Zones in the State of Chihuahua 2020. Javier Corral indicated that with the new federal administration the operation of the Mining Fund changed, however, the Committee was installed because there are pending projects of 2017 and 2018, even with resources payable to municipalities. He also informed that from the proceeds of the Mining Fund from 2014 to 2017, MXP $1,281M was allocated to Chihuahua, but he still has not received another MXP $49M.
- Luiz Camargo, Director of Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver), stated that the main challenge of mining is to break the paradigms of old and rudimentary industry, showing that modern mining generates shared growth and benefits in the communities. He considered that mining should be understood as a sector with various actors, such as government, community and company, with common objectives.
- Fernando Alanis, President of the Mining Chamber of Mexico, declared that the mining industry is lever of social and economic development.
- Francisco Quiroga, Undersecretary of Mining, reported that the Mexican Federal Government applied for four Li mining concessions for the Geological Survey of Mexico (SGM). Two of the concessions are in Sonora, one in Jalisco and one in Puebla.
- The Directorate of the Mining Fund, attached to the Ministry of Economy, has organized a workshop in Mexico City to train the presentation of infrastructure projects for mining states and municipalities. The aims of the workshop are to support federal entities and mining municipalities, sharing with state government officials the experience and lessons learned from the Mining Fund’s work team, in order to expedite the process of integrating files and required documentation to present the projects to the regional committees for approval and then submit the requests of ministers to the technical committee of the Mining Fund trust.
- BNamericas, analyzes the most important PFS studies that will move the threads of key mining projects in Mexico, whose combined capital expenditure will be around USD $1.3B. It reviews the PFS studies of Media Luna, Guerrero (Torex Gold); the Sonora Li project (Bacanora Lithium-Ganfeng Li); the San Nicolas project, Zacatecas (Teck Resources); the Las Chispas, Sonora (SilverCrest); and the Terroneras, Jalisco (Endeavour).
- One World Lithium Inc., applied for a drilling permit to continue the exploration of its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. The company expects to receive the approval in the next days and move a skid mounted 4X4 all-terrain rig to drill a third hole 50Km south of the DDH-2. One World Lithium is working with a technology development company to test a new process to extract Li from a brine stream at near zero greenhouse gasses emission.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., announced drilling results from four holes collared at its El Rubi project, and expanded the mineralized structure 250m along strike. Drilling results indicate the presence of adjacent parallel mineralized structures. The El Rubi target is open to the north, south, and at depth. Significant interceptions were encountered in hole LV19-212 with 0.68 g/ton Au and 40.3 g/t Ag (1.25 g/t AuEq) over 4m of true width, and 1.85 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag (2.14 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 3.6m, including 7.03 g/t Au and 45 g/t Ag (7.67 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 0.8m, and a final interval of 3.47 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag (3.54 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 0.8m; hole LV20-213 with 0.84 g/t Au and 36 g/t Ag (1.37 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 8.6m, including 2.52 g/t Au and 71 g/t Ag (3.53 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 0.6m; hole LV20-214 with 1.8 g/t Au and 107 g/t Ag (3.34 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 3m, including 3.9 g/t Au and 187 g/t Ag (6.57 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 0.8m; and hole LV20-215 with 2.18 g/t Au and 147 g/t Ag (4.27 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 1.8m, and 14.4 g/t Au and 86 g/t Ag (15.6 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 6.3m, including 196.3 g/t Au and 984 g/t Ag (210.4 g/t AuEq) over a true width of 0.45m.
- Tamino Minerals Inc., provided an overview on acquisitions and 2020-2021 exploration expenditure guidance. Its strategy is to identify and acquire high-quality, advanced-stage exploration projects and discover early-stage opportunities that can be strategically tested and quickly progressed to key decision points. Tamino plans to spend in exploration $5M in the period 2020-2021: $2M in the Amalia project, Sonora, $1.2M in El Volcan project, Sonora, and $1.8M on acquisitions and small exploration projects.
- Alien Metals Ltd., commissioned TMC Exploración S de RL de CV de México to carry out a ground IP survey at its Donovan 2 Cu-Au project in Zacatecas. Aim of this IP survey is to generate high-priority drill targets.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., announced annual 2019 production results from its Avino mine in Durango and provided an outlook for 2020. It produced 958.8K Oz Ag, 6,912 Oz Au, and 4.97M Lb Cu (2.39M Oz AgEq) from its Avino mine, San Gonzalo mine, and the Historic Above Ground Stockpiles. The company also provided an outlook for 2020 and expects to spend a total of USD $7-8M. It plans to drill 11,500m at its Avino mine to explore Avino, Avino West, the Santiago Vein, and La Potosina targets, and make some plant improvements.
- Capstone Mining Corp., reported Q4, 2019 production and financial results from its Cozamine mine in Zacatecas. It milled 294,000 tonnes of 1.53% Cu, 1.52% Zn, and 48 g/t Ag, recovering 94.6%, 70.2%, and 78.7% respectively to produce 9.4M Lb Cu, 4.5M Lb Zn, and 365K Oz Ag, at a cash cost of USD $0.91 per Lb of payable Cu produced. Capstone reported USD $29.5M of revenues and an EBIDTA of USDS $11M. Annual 2019 production was 1,146,000 tonnes of 1.50% Cu, 1.07% Zn, and 47 g/t Ag, recovering 94.4%, 68.2%, and 77.7% respectively, to produce 35.8M Lb Cu, 18.5M Lb Zn, and 1.34M Oz Ag at a cash cost of USD $0.90 per Lb of payable Cu produced. Capstone reported USD $118.4M of revenues and an EBIDTA of USD $52M for the full year 2019.
- Hecla Mining Company, announced its intention to offer $475M aggregate of its senior notes due 2028. The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering, together with cash on hand, to redeem all of its outstanding 6.875% senior notes due 2021 and to pay fees and expenses in connection with the offering and the redemption (San Sebastian mine, Durango).
- Millrock Resources Inc., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1.5M. Net proceeds will be used to advance exploration of its projects, for generation of new projects, for marketing of its projects, and for general corporate purposes (Batamote project, Sonora).
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced its plan to increase the size of its previously announced offer to raise gross proceeds of up to $38M. Part of the gross proceeds will be used for the development, expansion, and working capital requirements of its Mercedes mine in Sonora.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., revealed its intention to conduct, in one or more tranches, a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to CAD $3M.Net proceeds will be used for general working capital and corporate purposes (Veta Grande mine, Zacatecas).
- Telson Mining Corporation, closed a first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1.94M
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported drilling results from its Cordero project in Chihuahua. These results are part of the phase 1 of 30,000-35,000m programmed to define and delineate areas of higher grade mineralization within the existing mineral resource estimate. Significant results were encountered in hole C19-304 with 0.38 g/t Au, 74 g/t Ag, 1.1% Pb, and 1.1% Zn (188 g/t AgEq) over 105.90m, including 0.41 g/t Au, 104 g/t Ag, 1.5% Pb, and 1.4% Zn (250 g/t AgEq) over 26m; including 0.42 g/t Au, 78 g/t Ag, 1.1% Pb, and 0.9% Zn over 30.6m; and including 0.52 g/t Au, 110 g/t Ag, 1.8% Pb, and 2.1% Zn over 21.1m; hole C19-305 with 0.05 g/t Au, 74 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, and 0.5% Zn (113 g/t AgEq) over 65.0m, including 0.12 g/t Au, 122 g/t Ag, 1.6% Pb, and 1.5% Zn (249 g/t AgEq) over 16m; and hole C19-297 with 0.21 g/t Au, 522 g/t Ag, 6.6% Pb, and 18.3% Zn (1,533 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m and 0.09 g/t Au, 931 g/t Ag, 6.0% Pb, and 10.1% Zn (1,569 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m. To date, 23 holes totaling 8,214m have been collared at Cordero project, with pending results of 15 holes yet.
- Pan American Silver Corp., announced results from 14 step-out drilling holes collared at its la Colorada Skarn deposit in Zacatecas. Drill highlights include hole U-88-19 with 60 g/t Ag, 0.17% Cu, 2.7% Pb, and 4.5% Zn over 270.9m, including 85 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu, 3.9% Pb, and 6.4% Zn; hole U-105-19 with 30 g/t Ag, 0.15% Cu, 2.4% Pb, and 3.5% Zn over 192.5m, including 29 g/t Ag, 0.14% Cu, 3% Pb, and 4.5% Zn over 105.6m; hole D-30-03-19 with 35 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 2% Pb, and 3.3% Zn over 76.1m; hole D-30-05-19 with 51 g/t Ag, 0.28% Cu, 1.8% Pb, and 4.6% Zn over 62.5m; hole D-81-01-19 with 54 g/t Ag, 1.15% Cu, 0.4% Pb, and 2.5% Zn over 32.9m, and 78 g/t Ag, 0.5% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 3.8% Zn over 75.9m, and 133 g/t Ag, 0.88% Cu, 0.25% Pb, and 3.4% Zn over 19.2m; hole U-87-19 with 33 g/t Ag, 0.09% Cu, 2.1% Pb, and 4.95% Zn over 47.2m; and hole S-81-19 with 54 g/t Ag, 0.05% Cu, 2% Pb, and 10.3% Zn over 24.5m, including 43 g/t Ag, 0.16% Cu, 1% Pb, and 3.5% Zn over 28.8m. Since the discovery of the La Colorada Skarn Deposit in 2018, Pan American has drilled approximately 60,000m. In 2020, the company plans to invest USD $16-18M on 44,000m of infill and expansion drilling of the current resource estimate and early stage engineering and metallurgical testing.
- Newmont Corporation, reported mineral reserves and resources as of December 31, 2019 for its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. Proven reserves are 109.7M of tonnes of 0.63 g/t Au and 38 g/t Ag for a total of 2.22M Oz Au and 134.4M Oz Ag contained. Probable reserves are 331.8M tonnes of 0.56 g/t Au and 32 g/t Ag for a total of 5.86M Oz Au and 337M Oz Ag contained. Proven + Probable reserves are 441.5M tonnes of 0.57 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag for a total of 8.08M Oz Au and 471.36M Oz Ag contained. Newmont also reported measured resources of 37.3M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Ag and 27 g/t Ag for a total of 300K Oz Au and 32M Oz Ag contained. Indicated resources are 304M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 2.44M Oz Au and 240.17M Oz Ag contained. Measured + Indicated resources are 341.3M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 2.74M Oz Au and 272.17M Oz Ag contained. Inferred resources are 193.6M tonnes of 0.34 g/t Au and 26 g/t Ag for a total of 2.09M Oz Au and 161.6M Oz Ag contained. For base metals, Newmont reported proven reserves of 108.1M tonnes of 0.93% Zn and 0.39% Pb for a total of 2.24B Lb Zn and 896M Lb Pb contained. Probable reserves are 330.5M tonnes of 0.71% Zn and 0.32% Pb for a total of 5.29B Lb Zn and 2.17B Lb Pb contained. Proven + probable reserves are 438.6M tonnes of 0.77% Zn and 0.34% Pb for a total of 7.53B Lb Zn and 3.07B Lb Pb contained. It also reported measured resources of 36M tonnes of 0.64% Zn and 0.28% Pb for a total of 515.2M Lb Zn and 224M Lb Pb contained. Indicated resources are 293.1M tonnes of 0.55% Zn and 0.24% Pb for a total of 3.63B Lb Zn and 1.57B Lb Pb. Measured + Indicated resources are 438.1M tonnes of 0.77% Zn and 0.34% Pb for a total of 7.53B Lb Zn and 3.07B Lb Pb. Inferred resources are 188.6M tonnes of 0.5% Zn and 0.27% Pb for a total of 2.13B Lb Zn and 1.14B Lb Pb. (Resources are reported exclusive of reserves.)
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mexican Gold Corp., reported that it has completed its announced continuation of its incorporation from Ontario to British Columbia and its name change to Mexican Gold Mining Corporation (Las Minas project, Veracruz).
- Mithril Resources Limited, reported results of its general meeting of shareholders. All resolutions were put to vote and were passed (Copalquin project, Durango).
- Oroco Resource Corp., announced its option agreement with Altamura Copper Corp., and Altamura shareholders. The exercise of this option will give Oroco a controlling interest in the Santo Tomás project in Sinaloa. Oroco is moving to the next phase of its development plan to progress the property to a NI 43-101 resource.
- Bacanora Lithium plc, announced results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Bacanora project, Sonora).
- One World Lithium, announced the appointment of its VP, Corporate Development. The company granted to its VP, Corporate Development and a consultant, incentive stock option to acquire up to 500K and 200K common shares respectively at a price of $0.10 per share (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte).
- Endeavour Silver , announced the appointment of its Director and Project Development to oversee the development of its Terronera, Jalisco and Parral, Chihuahua mine projects. It also announced the resignation of its VP New Projects.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Minera Peñasquito and the Cedros community in Zacatecas, reached an agreement to ensure the water supply for the entire community for a period of 30 years. The plan includes wells, drinking water and the commitment by the municipality to the operation, since both the public system and the infrastructure and distribution networks belong to it. The plan had been recognized by the authority, accepted and valued as a contribution to sustainable development for the benefit of the community.
- Minera Penmont (Fresnillo plc) and the Metallurgical Mining Trade Union “FRENTE” inaugurated the sports facilities in Caborca, Sonora, which will benefit more than 2,000 people, because they provide spaces for family life and the promotion of healthy lifestyles.
- The Institute for Training for Work (Ictason), will train workers in the mining sector and their families to raise the productivity of the mining companies in the state.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a phreatic breccia in an epithermal hot spring prospect in Guanajuato, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
February 12, 2020, Toronto, Ontario – Discovery Metals Corp. (TSX-V: DSV, OTCQX: DSVMF) (“Discovery” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce results from the second set of diamond drill holes completed at its flagship Cordero project (“Cordero” or “the Project”) located in Chihuahua State, Mexico. Discovery acquired Cordero through the acquisition of Levon Resources Ltd. (“Levon”) in August 2019. The holes are part of the previously announced 30,000-35,000 metre (“m”), Phase 1 drill program planned for completion in 2020. The focus of this program is to define and delineate areas of higher-grade mineralization within the existing Cordero resource.
Vancouver, BC. Silver Viper Minerals Corp. (the “Company” or “Silver Viper”) (TSX-V: VIPR) is pleased to announce the latest batch of results from ongoing drilling at the La Virginia Gold-Silver Exploration Project, Sonora state, Mexico. The current campaign began in late November 2019 and expands upon the Company’s 2018 initial test of the El Rubi target, a new gold-silver zone on the property. The El Rubi mineralized structure has now been intercepted on five sections for a total 250m of strike extent.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 6th week of the year (February 3rd to January 9th, 2020), at least 28 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX urged the Mining Fund to be used on the grounds it was meant to (infrastructure on Mining localities), as this year these funds will flow to the Education Secretariat for use in school’s remodelling. Mexico’s mining production decreased year on year during November 2019 by 1.9%. UNAM offers an Earth Science’s degree at its Juriquilla facilities, in Queretaro. The Sonora Mining Cluster presented its annual report and 2020 program. The San Martin mine (Zacatecas) legal duel between two Unions continues with a recent ruling by the Supreme Court. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Minera Alamos released drill results which confirm long intervals of significant mineralization at its Santana property; Canuc Resources surface rock sample results confirm the extension of mineralization within its concessions in San Javier. Minaurum Gold released historical drill intercepts that confirm extensions of wide, high-grade mineralization on the veins that were mined in the past on its Alamos Silver project. Colibri Resource prepares to drill two mineralized corridors on the Evelyn project. In Zacatecas Advance Gold completed the third phase geophysical survey at the Tabasqueña project. ON MINING, GoGold, Consolidated Zinc and Hecla Mining presented Q4 and full year 2019 results. Americas Gold and Silver installations on the Copalá complex in Sinaloa have seen its access blocked. Mexus Gold continues leaching operations at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. US Antimony initiated pilot plant production at its Los Juarez property in Queretaro. ON FINANCING, Sonoro Metals is discussing financing options with Chinese companies. Ridgestone Mining ($1.05 M), San Marco Resources (C$500 K), Advance Gold ($250 K), First Mining ($5 M) and GoGold (C$5 M) released information on its planned or undergoing financing rounds. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Argonaut Gold filed the PFS report on the Cerro del Gallo in Guanajuato. Azure Minerals released good drilling results from the Loma Bonita deposit at its Alacrán property in Sonora. Prime Mining released good results of road cuts and trenches at its Guadalupe de Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Premier Gold Mines reported on the development of the Lupita Extension ore body at its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Starcore International is drilling the Santa Elena target at its San Martin mine in Queretaro. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Consolidated Zinc is dealing with a legal issue regarding claims for compensation from a former mining contractor. Sierra Metals announced the settlement on an outstanding litigation regarding mining concessions within its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Minera San Xavier donated two water concessions to the Cerro San Pedro municipality in San Luis Potosí. Minera Peñasquito donated agriculture equipment to farmers in Mazapil, Zacatecas, valued at over $9 M pesos ($480 K).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Fernando Alanís Ortega, Camimex president, urged that the use of the Mining Fund should stick for its creation purpose, like helping municipalities on infrastructure. In 2019 a change was approved by Congress, by which in March 2020 the funds are to be delivered to the Secretaría de Educación Pública (Education Secretariat) for school remodelling. Camimex is to stay working in keeping the mining sector united, better the industry public perception and to find the way to develop a public policy that incentives mining.
- Mexico’s Mining production decreased during November 2019. Mining production decreased 1.9% from November 2018 to November 2019, gold decreased 5.2%, silver 1.7%, lead 3.8%, zinc 3.4%, fluorite 11.4%, coke 19.2%, coal 9%, while copper production increased by 1.8%.
- UNAM (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México) has a new major at its Juriquilla unit in Queretaro. This Earth Sciences studies at this facilities are focused on two themes: The Solid Earth and Environmental Geology.
- The Cluster Minero de Sonora presented its annual report and guidelines for 2020, in Hermosillo. The event counted with the participation of members, industry leaders and state and federal level officials, which were exposed to the different objectives the Sonora Mining Cluster has planned for the year.
- The Supreme Court discarded the amparo review that acknowledges the strike in Sombrerete, Zacatecas. According to the publication, the ruling obliges Grupo Mexico to recognize the strike that started on the San Martin mine in July 2007.
- The Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Exploración, Explotación y Beneficio de Minas en la República Mexicana posted a letter on the San Martin mine in Zacatecas. In this letter the union states that the Supreme Court ruling that debunks its representativeness is not final, and can be appealed. Furthermore, the ownership procedure is independent of the termination of the strike dated august 2018, and that it is false that the mine facilities have to be surrendered. The Union has the solid commitment to fight all the legal battles needed to make the voice of hundreds of miners to be heard.
- Advance Gold Corp. completed the third phase of a geophysical study campaign at its Tabasqueña property in Zacatecas. The survey expanded the length of a chargeability anomaly to 3,200 x 500 m. “The second hole currently being drilled on the chargeability anomaly has intersected 24 metres of quartz vein above the anomaly”.
- Minera Alamos Inc. provided confirmation of significant disseminated mineralization at the Divisadero discovery at its Santana project in Sonora. Significant drill intersections from 2018-2019 comprise: 95.7 m @ 0.85 gpt Au, 10 gpt Ag, 0.33% Cu; 96.4 m @ 0.42 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag, 0.12% Cu; 133.6 m @ 0.56 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag, 0.16% Cu.
- Canuc Resources Corp. released results from surface rock samples at its San Javier property in Sonora. Highlighted results comprise: 0.6 m @ 1.8 gpt Au, 11 gpt Ag; 0.6 m @ 0.33 gpt Au, 114 gpt Ag; 0.8 m @ 17.9 gpt Au, 11 gpt Ag; 1.1 m @ 11.6 gpt Au, 99 gpt Ag; 0.4 m @ 3.1 gpt Au, 138 gpt Ag; 1.1 m @ 4.13 gpt Au, 197 gpt Ag; 0.6 m @ 0.65 gpt Au, 170 gpt Ag; 0.5 m @ 0.02 gpt Au, 182 gpt Ag; 0.4 m @ 0.28 gpt Au, 262 gpt Ag; 0.9 m @ 0.02 gpt Au, 192 gpt Ag; 0.3 m @ 0.19 gpt Au, 399 gpt Ag; 1.5 m @ 0.13 gpt Au, 239 gpt Ag; 1.4 m @ 0.02 gpt Au, 705 gpt Ag; 1.6 m @ 0.02 gpt Au, 578 gpt Ag. These results confirm the extension of the mineralized structures over the three kilometers of strike length of the mining concessions held by Canuc.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. acquired historical data including mine maps, sections and results of 40 holes (6,099 m) drilled at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The holes were drilled between the 1960’s and 1980’s, and focused on the Promontorio and Minas Nuevas underground mines. The results indicate that the deposits included multiple veins and continue at depth and along strike. It is estimated that 200 M Oz Ag were mined from the Quintera, Promontorio and Minas Nuevas mines. Highlighted results from the Promontorio mine comprise 1.2 m @ 5,588 gpt Ag; 1.2 m @ 1,008 gpt Ag; 4.6 m @ 2,838 gpt Ag; 4.6 m @ 305 gpt Ag; 1.4 m @ 377 gpt Ag; 12.2 m @ 710 gpt Ag; 7.6 m @ 747 gpt Ag; 11.3 m @ 785 gpt Ag; 1 m @ 2,177 gpt Ag; 1.2 m @ 854 gpt Ag, 23 gpt Au. Highlighted results from the Promontorio mine include 1.7 m @ 452 gpt Ag, 2 m @ 367 gpt Ag, 1.8 m @ 839 gpt Ag. The results indicate that the deposits included multiple veins and continue at depth and along strike. It is estimated that 200 M Oz Ag were mined from the Quintera, Promontorio and Minas Nuevas mines.
- Colibri Resource Corp. has contracted Major drilling for the maiden drilling program at Evelyn, in Sonora. Drilling is to test to main corridors, Cerro Rojo and El Sahuaro. Activities are to start as soon as the relevant permit is received.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released financial results for Q4 2019. During the period the company had revenue of $9.3 M, net income of $535 K, producing 585 K Oz Ag at cash cost $12.54 and AISC $14.59 per AgEq Oz. By the end of the period the company had $5 M in cash.
- Americas Gold and Silver Corp. announced that a group of individuals, including a small minority of the company’s unionized workers, illegally blockaded access to facilities at its Cosalá operations in Sinaloa. “The Company has already filed the legal motions with the Government of Mexico at the state and federal levels but remains receptive to having good‐faith discussions with the proper representatives of the certified union”. Mining and processing operations have been temporarily halted.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. presented its quarterly activities report for Q4 2019. During the period 9,062 tonnes @ 16.1% Zn, 8.4% Pb were mined, 11,712 tonnes @ 16.1% Zn, 8.4% Pb were processed. Cash cost per Lb Zn was $1.48. The cash balance at the end of the period was US$556 K plus concentrate receivables of US$617 K.
- Hecla Mining Co. presented fourth quarter and full year 2019 financial and operating results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At San Sebastian, in Durango, 422.4 K Oz Ag, 3,897 Oz Au were produced at cash cost $8.89 and AISC $11.78 per Oz Ag in Q4, 2019; while 1.87 M Oz Ag, 15,673 Oz Au were produced at cash cost $8.02 and AISC $12.10 per Oz Ag during the full year 2019. Operations in San Sebastian have transitioned from higher grade open pit to underground production, with the mill operating at a daily rate of 425 tpd for the quarter and 479 tpd for the year. “The Company is completing its study on the Hugh Zone sulfide ore and expects a decision on development in the first quarter, which would allow production to begin by the end of the year”.
- Mexus Gold US. announced that gold production is continuing at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora (not to mistake by First Majestic’s Santa Elena mine, also in Sonora).
- United States Antimony Corp. initiated pilot phase precious metal production at its Los Juarez property in Queretaro. The procedure involves crushing, flotation and cyanide leach of the ore.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. announced “discussions regarding project debt finance and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts with China-based EPC companies continue to advance”. (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- Ridgestone Mining Inc. intends to complete a non-brokered private placement for up to $1.05 M in gross proceeds (Rebeico, Sonora).
- San Marco Resources Inc. announced that its non-brokered private placement intended to raise C$500 K has been over-subscribed, and now is to total C$717 K in gross proceeds (project 1068, Sonora).
- Advance Gold Corp. is to undertake a non-brokered private placement, aiming to raise gross proceeds of $250 K (Tabasqueña, Zacatecas).
- First Mining Gold Corp. intends to complete a non-brokered placement for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $5M, with some insiders of the company participating. (Miranda, Sonora; Lachatao, Oaxaca).
- GoGold Resources Inc. entered into an agreement with Sprott Capital Partners LP and PI Financial Corp. as co-lead underwriters, along with BMO Capital Markets, pursuant to which they agreed to purchase on a bought deal basis units of the company for gross proceeds of C$5 M (Los Ricos, Jalisco).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Argonaut Gold Inc. filed the technical report for the Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) on the Cerro del Gallo project in Guanajuato.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. released good results from infill and extension drilling on the Loma Bonita deposit at its Alacrán project in Sonora. Highlighted intervals include 126 m @ 1.96 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag (including 64.5 m @ 2.8 gpt Au, which includes 34.5 m @ 3.94 gpt Au, 60 gpt Ag) in an infill hole; 36 m @ 1.0 gpt Au, 13 gpt Ag on an expansion drill hole.
- Prime Mining Corp. released results from new trenches and road cuts on the Zapote North and South deposits at its Guadalupe de Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Highlighted Road cuts results comprise 30 m @ 2.87 gpt Au, 42 gpt Ag; 43.5 m @ 1.24 gpt Au, 13 gpt Ag; 22.5 m @ 0.87 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag; 37.5 m @ 3.9 gpt Au, 36 gpt Ag; 16.5 m @ 0.66 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag; 12 m @ 1.56 gpt Au, 14 gpt Ag; 6 m @ 11.72 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag. Underground adit sampling returned 10.5 m @ 0.58 gpt Au, 18 gpt Ag; 10.5 m @ 1.32 gpt Au, 26 gpt Ag; 22.5 m @ 3.23 gpt Au, 68 gpt Ag.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. reported progress ahead of schedule on the “development of the Lupita Extension underground development” at its Mercedes mine in Sonora…. During 2019, a successful delineation program of 87 drill holes extended the known Lupita mineralization along a strike length of 300 m. A clear difference between the two Lupita areas are the noticeable higher grade and width in Lupita Extension versus Lupita as well as the steeper dipping geometry of about 50 degrees. The delineation drilling program returned an average true width of 2.9 m of 5.56 g/t Au length-weighted average grade“.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. has started drilling the Santa Elena target at its San Martin mine in Queretaro. “The Company is conducting an exploration program that will consist of 10 holes between 200 to 400 meters each targeting the Santa Elena vein, which is thought to be a mirror of the San Martin vein(s), a typical epithermal gold-silver deposit characterized by low sulfation (sic)”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- First Majestic Silver Corp. announced the appointment of Mr. Steve Holmes to the role of Chief Operating Officer (San Dimas, Durango; Santa Elena, Sonora).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. informed on legal proceedings by its former mining contractor at the Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. Caminos y Construcciones Ganti S.A. de C.V. is suing CZL for final outstanding costs MXN$23.63 M, including VAT. CZL has presented counterclaims totaling MXN$89.15 M. On January 31, 2020, Ganti representatives seized control of the physical inventory at the third party Aldama plant. (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. stated that it has succeeded in legal action to end the intimidation and excessive actions of Caminos and Construcciones Ganti S.A. de C.V.. Ganti was CZL’s mining contractor “until they were terminated on the 25 November 2019, in accordance with their contract”. Ignoring the contracted conflict resolution procedures, Ganti submitted legal proceedings in the Federal District Court of Chihuahua. On 4 February the Court rescinded the orders given to Ganti (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua).
- Tamino Minerals Inc. informed the company has plans to make acquisitions (El Volcán, Sonora).
- Sierra Metals Inc. announced the settlement of the outstanding litigation with Polo y Ron pertaining mining concessions where mine operations and mineral reserves estimates are located on its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. “The impact of the settlement amount paid on Sierra Metals’ financial condition and operating results is not significant”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Minera San Xavier is donating two water concessions to the Cerro San Pedro municipality, in San Luis Potosi. The concessions add up to 480 thousand cubic meters of water per year. The use of the resource is exclusively for the communities of Cerro de San Pedro, La Zapatilla, Divisadero, Planta del Carmen, Granjas de San Francisco, Monte Caldera, Cuesta de Campa, Calderón y Jesús Maria, all within the Cerro San Pedro Municipality.
- Minera Peñasquito supports farmers in Zacatecas. The Newmont GoldCorp subsidiary delivered agriculture machinery to El Vergel producers. In collaboration with the Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales Agrícolas y Pecuarias (INIFAP), the equipment valued at more than nine million pesos (US$480 K) is to benefit more than 400 inhabitants of Mazapil, Zacatecas.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Twentieth Century tauna on a stream in Oaxaca, picture by Jorge Cirett.
Sulphur crystals in an epithermal hot spring system
By Miguel A Heredia
During the fifth week of the year (January 27th to February 2nd, 2020), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with nine discussing issues on social responsibility, eight disclosing deals and corporate issues, five communicating production results, four announcing financial rounds, three reporting on resources and developments, three informing on exploration results, and one commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Jorge Vidal Ahumada, Minister of Economy of Sonora State, announced that more of USD $500M will be invested in Sonora in 2020. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Ridgestone reported high-grade rock sampling from its Rebeico project, and Azure provided a report of the activities carried out during the period Q4, 2019 at its Sara Alicia project. In Chihuahua, Consolidated Zinc identified a high-grade Au system nearby its Plomosas mine. ON MINING, Excellon, and Santacruz announced Q4 and annual 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. Telson resumed full scale mining and milling operation at its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. Mexus reported that additional material has been crushed and placed on the leach pad at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Endeavour provided 2020 production and cost guidance for their Mexican mining operations. ON FINANCING, Azure completed a $4M placement to conduct an aggressive exploration program on its Alacrán project in Sonora, and also announced that it received payments for MXP $16.5M from the Mexican Tax Office for the recovery of IVA (GST). Millrock announced its plan to conduct a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $1M (Batamote project, Sonora). Gold Resource declared January 2020 monthly dividend for its shareholders (Arista mine, Oaxaca). Telson has been marketing a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds for up to CAD $3M (Campo Morado mine, Guerrero). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure announced results from the activities performed at its Alacrán and Oposura project in Sonora in the period Q4, 2019. Great Panther announced 2019 exploration results and 2020 plans for its Mexican operations. Minera Alamos entered into a purchase agreement to acquire a crushing system for its Santana mine in Sonora. Endeavour updated 2019 mineral reserve and resource estimate for its three Au-Ag Mexican mines. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Bacanora Lithium announced results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Bacanora project, Sonora). Plata Latina entered into an agreement with Electrum for its three Mexican properties (Vaquerias, Palo Alto, and La Joya). Minaurum signed an option to acquire 100% of the Aurifero Gold project in Sonora, expanding its land control in the Alamos mining district. Mexican Gold announced that it entered into a binding letter agreement to complete business combination with New Found Gold (Las Minas, Veracruz). Equinox Gold and Leagold shareholders approved merger to create a premier Americas Au producer (Los Filos mine, Guerrero). Minera Alamos entered into a purchase agreement to acquire a crushing system for its Santana mine in Sonora. Mithril announced results from their 2019 activities, which consisted mainly on the Sun Minerals acquisition and the exclusive option to acquire 100% of the Copalquin project in Durango. Fortuna provided an update on the status of disputed royalty in one of its extractive mining concessions in its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, The Mexican President, Luis Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) thanked Peñoles for joining the program “Youth Building the Future”. Governor of Sonora, Claudia Pavlovich Arellano, opened the Community House of Argonaut Gold Inc in La Colorada, Sonora. A labor agreement between the municipality of Guadalupe and Calvo, Chihuahua and Fresnillo plc (San Julian mining company) was signed to hire personnel to work at the mine. Fresnillo plc demonstrates Social Responsibility since it works on four strategic axes including education, health, capacity development, and environmental care. Grupo Mexico delivered seed capital in Nueva Rosita, Coahuila, and presented a large urban development project for San Luis Potosi. Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold) supported local communities nearby its Mexican mining operation in Guerrero with medical equipment. Minera Peñasquito (Newmont Goldcorp) delivered tractors and agricultural equipment to the inhabitants of the Ejido El Vergel in the municipality of Mazapil, Zacatecas. Newmont Goldcorp was recognized for its high social, environmental and corporate governance performance, which places it as a leader in the mining sector worldwide.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Minister of Economy of Sonora, Jorge Vidal Ahumada announced that more than USD $500M will be invested in Sonora in the mining sector in 2020.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc., reported high-grade rock sampling results of 188 samples collected at its Rebeico project in Sonora in an area of 200m by 100m with widths between 1-3m. Highlights include up to 12.95 g/t Au, with 8 samples returning > 4 g/t Au, 30 samples returning > 1 g/t Au, and 33 samples returning between 0.1-1.0 g/t Au. It also reported that 73 samples returned >0.1% Cu, with 14 samples returning >0.4% Cu with a peak of 0.65% Cu. High Bi values associated with Au and Cu suggests a proximal intrusion-related mineralized system. Mineralization is hosted by brecciated andesite with variable amounts of gossan ± magnetite ± quartz, as well as chloritized and fractured andesites peripheral to the brecciated zones.
- Azure Minerals Limited, provided a report of the activities carried out during the period Q4, 2019 at its Sara Alicia project in Sonora. It acquired 100% of the Sara Alicia II mining concession. Azure had acquired the original Sara Alicia mining concession in 2017 but also it was recognized that a second, adjoining mining concession named Sara Alicia II had been cancelled by the mining registry. After almost 2 years later, the Federal Appeal Court ruled the cancellation was invalid and title of the concession was restored to a local Mexican family who had owned both Sara Alicia mining concessions since the 1930s. For a consideration of USD $80K, a purchase agreement between the owners and Azure was executed and 100% ownership of the Sara Alicia II concession was transferred to Azure. With the control of the ground now confirmed, the company plans to conduct geological mapping, sampling and a geophysical survey in H1, 2020.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd, identified with regional exploration, a high-grade Au system located 3 -5Km NW of its Plomosas mine. Rock chip sampling at La Chona-Enrique and Potrero targets returned encouraging results with grades of 2.55 g/t Au; 4.77 g/t Au; 7.42 g/t Au; 27.5 g/t Au, and 61 g/t Au, and 2.19% Cu; 2.88% Cu, 2.91% Cu, and 4.06% Cu. La Chona-Enrique areas consist of narrow quartz-calcite-hematite veins with malachite from 0.3-1.2m wide, which have been interpreted to be mesothermal in origin. Potrero target consists of a dominant felsic intrusive that appears to be responsible of the brecciation and alteration of the host rock. Mapping and sampling of these target areas is ongoing in order to define drill targets.
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced Q4 and annual 2019 production results from its Platosa mine in Durango. The company mined 19,622 tonnes and processed 19,828 tonnes of 435 g/t Ag, 4.8% Pb, and 6.4% Zn, recovering 91.7%, 80.2%, and 76.5% respectively to produce 259.3K Oz Ag, 1.7M Lb Pb, and 2M Lb Zn. During the full year, the company mined 74,876 tonnes and processed 75,247 tonnes of 497 g/t Ag, 4.8% Pb, and 6.9% Zn, recovering 89.9%, 79.4%, and 80.8% respectively, to produce 1.05M Oz Ag, 6.1M Lb Pb, and 8.4M Lb Zn.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q4 and full year 2019 production and financial results from their Zimapan, Veta Grande and Rosario mining operations. During Q4, 2019, the company processed from its Zimapan mine in Hidalgo State, 161,071 tonnes of 72 g/t Ag, recovering 66.4%, to produce 248.6K Oz Ag, 1.56M Lb Pb, 5.8M Lb Zn, and 1.1M Lb Cu (996K Oz AgEq at a grade of 282 g/t AgEq). During the full year 2019, the company processed 243, 313 tonnes of 73 g/t Ag, recovering 69.9%, to produce 400K Oz Ag, 2.6M Lb Pb, 9.1M Lb Zn, and 1.8M Lb Cu (1.6M Oz AgEq at a grade of 284 g/t AgEq). From its Veta Grande mine in Zacatecas, it processed 36,111 tonnes of 102 g/t Ag, recovering 45%, to produce 53.6K Oz Ag, 116 Oz Au, 620K Lb Pb, and 1.2M Lb Zn (193.7K Oz AgEq at a grade of 297 g/t AgEq). During the full year 2019, it processed 149.9K tonnes of 105 g/t Ag, recovering 47.1%, to produce 237.7K Oz Ag, 457 Oz Au, 2.4M Lb Pb, and 4.4M Lb Zn (761K Oz AgEq at a grade of 286 g/t AgEq). During Q4,2019 Santacruz processed from its Rosario mine in San Luis Potosi, 22,972 tonnes of 64 g/t Ag, recovering 90.6%, to produce 43.1K Oz Ag, 163 Oz Au, 195K Lb Pb, and 849K Lb Zn (134.5K Oz AgEq at a grade of 214 g/t AgEq). During the full year 2019, it processed 76,088 tonnes of 65 g/t Ag, recovering 93.4%, to produce 149.7K Oz Ag, 642.9K Lb Pb, and 3M Lb Zn (465.6K Oz AgEq at a grade of 218 g/t AgEq).
- Telson Mining Corporation, resumed full scale mining and milling operation at its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The initial production after resuming operations is for 1,750 tonnes per day but intending to increase it to 2,000 tonnes per day or more in the coming weeks.
- Mexus Gold US, crushed and placed additional material from Don Julio vein on the heap leaching pad of its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. The Julio and Lucky Strike open pit keep expanding with 1.2-9 g/t Au and an overall average of 4 g/t Au.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., provided 2020 production and cost guidance for its Mexican mining operations. The table below shows figures for each of its three Au-Ag mines in Mexico:
Endeavour also announced that it plans to spend $5.4M drilling 18,500m of core on brownfield projects, greenfield exploration and development of its mines and projects.
- Azure Minerals Limited, completed a $4M placement to conduct an aggressive exploration program on its Alacrán project in Sonora. Gross proceeds will be used to perform drilling to increase mineral resources at its Bonita deposit, conduct greenfield exploration and target definition at its Alacrán project, and to restart metallurgical testwork on its Mesa de Plata and Loma Bonita deposits. The company also mentioned that it received payments for MXP $ 16.5M from the Mexican Tax Office for the recovery of IVA (GST).
- Millrock Resources Inc., announced its plan to raise gross proceeds from a non-brokered private placement for up to $1M (Batamote project, Sonora). Gross proceeds will be used to advance exploration on their current projects as well as to generate new ones.
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared January 2020 monthly dividend of one-third of a cent per common share for its shareholders (Arista mine, Oaxaca).
- Telson Mining Corporation, has been marketing a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds for up to CAD $3M. It has completed subscription agreements for total proceeds of approximately CAD $1.89M and is planning to conduct a first tranche initial closing on proceeds ones the TSX approve it (Campo Morado mine, Guerrero).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Limited, announced results from the activities performed at its Alacran and Oposura project in Sonora in the period Q4, 2019. At Alacrán, the company commenced an RC infill and expansion drilling program at its Loma Bonita deposit which is open for expansion in several directions. The goal is to increase the current Au and Ag resources which count for 32.2M Oz Ag and 150K Oz Au. To date, 10 RC holes have been collared and the most significant drill intersects are in hole MDPD-025 with 0.56 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag over 29.6m: hole MDPD-035 with 0.37 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag over 12.6m; and hole ALA-17-004 with 0.47 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag over 63.0m. The company also reported channel sampling results of a road cutting in Loma Bonita which returned 3.6 g/t Au over continuous 35.5m wide, and several high grades results from the sampling of historical mine dumps located 11.5-2km S and SE of the Cerro El Alacrán porphyry hosted Cu-Au-Mo ore body. 21 samples were collected with 10 samples returning > 1 Kg Ag (average of 1.07Kg Ag/t), 17 samples with >1 g/t Au (average of 4.43 g/t Au), 10 samples returning over 1% Cu (average of 0.95% Cu), 12 samples returning > 10% Pb (average of 14.9% Pb), and 10 samples returning over 10% Zn(average of 9.3% Zn). At Oposura, Azure continued to trial, asses and advance several processing for producing saleable bulk concentrate of 35% Zn, 20% Pb, and 140 g/t Ag, as well as to produce separate high grade Zn and Pb concentrates. It also is considering off-take options for direct shipping ore and bulk concentrates.
- Great Panther Mining Limited, announced 2019 exploration results and provided 2020 plans for its Mexican mining operations. At San Ignacio mine, Guanajuato, the company drilled 7,535 m in 30 in-fill holes. Most significant drill intersections were encountered in hole ESI19-253 with 2.84 g/t Au and 125 g/t Ag (352 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 1.15m; hole ESI19-254 with 5.78 g/t Au and 6 g/t Ag (469 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 1.20m; hole ESI19-267 with 3.69 g/t Au and 191 g/t Ag (486 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 1.09m; hole ESI19-276 with 1.63 g/t Au and 292 g/t Ag (422 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 1.38m; and hole ESI19-277 with 20.53 g/t Au and 816 g/t Ag (2,458 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.59m. 2020 plans for San Ignacio will comprise up to 8,500m of in-fill drilling as well as to test additional exploration targets. An update of the mineral resource estimate will be presented in Q1, 2020. At its Guanajuato mine, the company took the decision to put on hold the production in 2019 in order to focus on finding higher grade resources. Great Panther drilled 126 in-fill holes for a total of 8,832 m., mainly underground. Additionally, the company geologists have re-mapped and sampled most accessible areas to develop multiple targets. Significant drill intersection were encountered in hole UGPM19-017 with 1.3 g/t Au and 364 g/t Ag (468 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 3.52m; hole UGPM19-020 with 3.93 g/t Au and 77 g/t Ag (398 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 5.63m: hole UGP-028 with 2.58 g/t Au and 1,042 g/t Ag (1,249 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 2.51m; hole UGDP19-002 with 3.16 g/t Au and 457 g/t Ag (710 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 5.89m; hole UGDP19-013 with 4.32 g/t Au and 863 g/t Ag (1,209 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 4.96m; hole SP19-003 with 3.97 g/t Au and 1,436 g/t Ag (1,754 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 3.53m; and hole UGV19-010 with 2.45 g/t Au and 472 g/t Ag (668 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 2.30m. The 2020 in-fill drilling program will consists of 14,400m focused on building mineral resources along the Veta Madre structure. An update of the Guanajuato mineral resource estimate will be released in Q1, 2020. At its Topia mine in Durango, the company drilled 25 in-fill holes for a total of 5,344 m to build mineral resources. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole ST19-238 with 0.28 g/t Au, 5,507 g/t Ag, 25.2% Pb, and 6% Zn (6,966 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.31m; hole ST19-246 with 0.31 g/t Au, 2,768 g/t Ag, 5.2% Pb, and 1.6% Zn (3,112 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.33m; hole ST19-249 with 0.2 g/t Au, 4,840 g/t Ag, 26.8% Pb, and 9.9% Zn (6,582 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.1m; and hole ST19-251 with 0.25 g/t Au, 2,099 g/t Ag, 14.2% Pb, and 12% Zn (3,411 g/t AgEq) over a true width 0.17m. The 2020 drilling program will consists of 2,500m focus on building mineral resources. Great Panther plans to release an updated mineral resource estimate in July, 2020.
- Minera Alamos Inc., entered into a purchase agreement with Mako Mining Corp, Marlin Gold Mining Ltd., and Oro Gold de México S.A. de C.V., to acquire a complete crushing, screening, and agglomeration system to facilitate future production growth at its Santana mine in Sonora.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., updated 2019 mineral reserve and resource estimate for its three Au-Ag Mexican mines. Mineral reserves at December 31, 2019 are shown in the below table:
Mineral resources at December 31, 2019 are shown in the below tables:
Mineral resources are exclusive of and in addition to mineral reserves.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Bacanora Lithium plc, announced results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Bacanora project, Sonora).
- Plata Latina Minerals Corporation, entered into an agreement of assignment of mining concessions of its three Mexican properties with The Electrum Group. The three mining properties are Vaquerias, in Jalisco State which consists of two mining concessions totaling 4,411 Ha; Palo Alto, in Aguascalientes State, which comprises three mining concessions totaling 4,722 Ha; and La Joya, in Hidalgo State, which consists of one mining concession of 924 Ha. Electrum will pay USD $100K for each property, and will have exclusive rights for a period of four months to evaluate the three properties, commencing on January 20, 2020 and ending on May 20, 2020. Electrum has agreed to reimburse Plata Latina the remaining 2019 semi-semester mining duties on the three properties up to a maximum amount of USD $50K. It also will pay mining duties to cover the mining duties of the first semester 2020. Electrum has already commenced their due diligence on the properties, and will have the right to exercise its option to acquire any or all of the three properties.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., signed a five-years option agreement to acquire 100% of the Aurifero Gold project in Sonora and expanding its land control in the Alamos mining district where its Alamos Silver project is located. “Aurifero contains a swarm of Au &-Ag-bearing epithermal veins within a NW/SE-trending zone measuring 3 km long and more than 400 m wide. Satellite imagery and ground reconnaissance geology indicate that the alteration signature is similarly widespread”. Several campaigns of shallow RC and core drilling have been conducted since the 1980s totaling over 8,000 metres, all of them averaging less than 100 m deep; the deepest reaching a vertical depth of 135 m from surface. “There are currently a number of operators conducting small-scale mining on the project. Under the option agreement, the miners are restricted to a maximum mining depth of 100 m”. Significant drill intercepts from historic drilling were encountered in hole DMDDH-01 with 18.37 g/t Au over 3.1m; hole 07-MN-10, with 3.12 g/t Au over 24.5m; hole CI-35 with 1.47 g/t Au over 48m; hole CI-09 with 3.65 g/t Au over 58m; and hole CI-34 with 2.42 g/t Au over 24m. The option agreement signed by Minaurum is in exchange for USD $2.7M for the 100% of a block of mining concessions which cover 1,198 Ha. The option does not include royalty.
- Mexican Gold Corp., entered into a binding letter agreement to complete business combination with New Found Gold Corp. The resulting company will be very well capitalized and be focused on exploring and conduct multiple drilling campaigns on their properties and advance Las Minas project in Veracruz. Under the terms of the agreement, New Found is required to complete a minimum of CAD $10Mfinancing, and post-transaction, the company will have approximately CAD $19M in working capital.
- Equinox Gold Corp., and Leagold Mining Corporation, shareholders approved merger to create a premier Americas Au producer. On closing of the transaction, Leagold will receive 0.331 of an Equinox Gold share for each Leagold share held. Current Equinox Gold and Leagold shareholders will own approximately 55% and 45% respectively of the merged company. Transaction is expected to close in February 2020, subject to approval of TSX and NYSE (Los Filos mine, Guerrero).
- Minera Alamos Inc., entered into a purchase agreement with Mako Mining Corp, Marlin Gold Mining Ltd., and Oro Gold de México S.A. de C.V., to acquire a complete crushing, screening, and agglomeration system to facilitate future production growth at its Santana mine in Sonora. The purchase price of this agreement is for CAD $1.2M in staged payments. CAD $300K upon execution of the agreement, CAD $700K on the closing date (April 30, 2020 or such other date on or before September 30, 2020), and CAD $200K on the earlier date of the shipment of the equipment.
- Mithril Resources Ltd., announced results from its 2019 activities, which consisted mostly on the Sun Minerals Pty Ltd acquisition and the exclusive option to acquire 100% interest in the Copalquin project in Durango. Due diligence has been completed and Mithril expects to complete the acquisition of Sun Minerals for the March 2020 quarter.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., provided an update on the status of a dispute royalty of 3% that a former owner of one of its extracting concessions in its San Jose mine in Oaxaca granted to the Mexican Geological Service (SGM). In 2018, the company, supported by legal opinions of three independent law firms, concluded that none royalty should be paid and commenced administrative and legal proceedings against the General Direction of Mines (GDM) in order to remove reference to the royalty on the title register. “Fortuna Silver has recently received notice from the GDM seeking to cancel the mining concession if the royalty, in the Mexican pesos equivalent of US$30 million plus VAT (being the amount of the claimed royalty from 2011 to 2019), is not paid before March 15, 2020. The company will be initiating legal proceedings to contest the cancellation procedure and also to stay the cancellation process. In the event that the company is unsuccessful in cancelling the action taken by the GDM or in obtaining a stay of execution, it may be required to pay, or post a bond or other security, up to the amount claimed, in order to preserve the mining concession. In that case the company would immediately thereafter proceed with dispute proceedings. If the company is required to pay the royalty or post security it will do so from available working capital”.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- The Mexican President, Luis Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) thanked Peñoles, for joining the program “Youth Building the Future”, which guarantee the right to young people to study , work and be trained as good citizens. AMLO, along with the General Director of Peñoles, the Governor of Coahuila, and the Secretary of Labor gathered in Laguna Del Rey, Coahuila with 61 scholars in the frame of the celebration of the first anniversary of this program. Scholars thanked the support and the opportunity to receive training and after which they hope to get a job in Peñoles. Fernando Alaniz, General Director of Peñoles commented that this program is not only seen in the financial result sheet but also in the responsibility and commitment towards the community.
- Governor of Sonora, Claudia Pavlovich Arellano, opened the Community House of Argonaut Gold Inc in la Colorada, where it will offer arts, music, drawing, painting, handicraft and confectionery workshops, as well as workshops of values, school for parents, addiction prevention and emotion management, all totally free for the population.
- The municipality of Guadalupe y Calvo Chihuahua, Chihuahua and Fresnillo plc (San Julian mining company), signed a labour agreement to hire local personnel to work at the mine, based on their knowledge and qualifications. Local authorities commented that this is already a second stage of hiring, being 45 people placed in the previous one, so it is expected to place a good number of elements in this new stage.
- Fresnillo plc, demonstrates Social Responsibility since it works on four strategic axes including education, health, capacity development, and environmental care. It has sustainability as its policy, as it is a company dedicated to the exploration, exploitation and benefit of minerals, and is committed to guaranteeing a safe and healthy place for its staff and its environment, establishing good relations with neighboring communities. In Education, 36 young people who study robotics have received support and advice, and approximately 2,600 children are being beneficiated with a program that foster the reading culture. In Health, more than 3,000 people from several communities were attended in 2019 without any cost. This social program will continue in 2020. In Capacity Development, in sports, Fresnillo has organized since 9 years ago, the 5Km race which started with 200 runners and now participate more than 2,000; it has a soccer academy, and a year ago, an agreement was signed with a professional soccer team (Santos Laguna) to grant 300 children and young people to be in the academy. The company also support in other sports such as baseball, basketball, etc. In addition, more than 200 women from different communities are trained, who are taught courses in crafts, pastry, beauty culture, and sewing and are given the material. In addition, more than 40 people who have small businesses are trained. In Environment, Fresnillo plc takes care of the water and operates two waste water treatment plants. It also has two tree nurseries that give the year more than 70,000 trees of which a large part of them are planted in all the mines and others are donated to the community.
- Grupo Mexico, delivered Seed Capital to inhabitants of Nueva Rosita, Coahuila, to learn a trade and improve the quality of life of people. Seed Capital is an initial financing method that aims to develop a business idea with growth possibilities and is delivered in kind. The company is providing seeds in projects that seek the growth of the communities where it has mining operations. Grupo Mexico also presented a large urban development project for San Luis Potosi. This project will generate 20,000 jobs and build 7,500 houses in an area of 470 Ha. It was also announced that the urbanization of the site where Industrial Minera Mexico operated will be a new development hub for 30,000 people and will have wind power road electricity supply and also includes the reforestation of 20,000 trees in the area. It will have shopping centers, universities, research centers and hospitals. This is the most ambitious urban project for San Luis Potosi in recent years and will start in this same 2020.
- Minera Media Luna (Torex Gold), supported Nuevo Balsas and surrounding communities nearby its Mexican mining operations in Guerrero with high-tech medical equipment delivered to the NGO “Curando Mexico”. This social program “Curando México” aims to offer the most vulnerable population an accessible high quality health service.
- Minera Peñasquito (Newmont Goldcorp), invested MXP $9M and delivered tractors and agricultural equipment to the inhabitants of the El Vergel Ejido, located in the municipality of Mazapil, Zacatecas. This project began three years ago, however, with the delivery of seven tractors and agricultural equipment, such as threshing machines and harvesters, among others, a new stage will begin in the cultivation fields of the region. Other actions that were carried out were preparing farmland, operating wells, technifying the irrigation system, as well as providing the inhabitants of El Vergel with seeds to cultivate.
- Newmont Goldcorp, was recognized for its high social, environmental and corporate governance performance, which places it as a leader in the mining sector worldwide. Newmont was recognized by 3 independent entities for their high managerial performance, social responsibility, and coordinated actions to combat climate change and the promotion of women in the workplace. Newmont scored high in a variety of dimensions, including quality management, social responsibility, long-term investment, personnel management and innovation.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, sulphur crystals in an epithermal hot spring prospect in Guanajuato, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Consolidated Zinc Limited (ASX:CZL) (Company or CZL) is pleased to announce that high-grade gold mineralisation has been confirmed at its 100% owned Plomosas concessions, located to the north-west of the current zinc-lead-silver mining operations at Plomosas, operated by CZL’s wholly owned subsidiary, Minera Latin American Zinc S.A.P.I de C.V. (MLAZ)
Minaurum Gold Inc., (“Minaurum”) is pleased to announce that through a series of acquisitions and the signing of an option agreement, it has expanded its presence in the Alamos Mining District in Sonora, Mexico by acquiring control of the Aurifero Gold Project. The 1,229-hectare project lies 35 km northwest of Minaurum’s Alamos Silver Project. Located between both projects is Mexico’s third largest copper mine, Cobre Del Mayo’s Piedras Verdes mine.
VANCOUVER, Jan. 28, 2020 /CNW/ – GREAT PANTHER MINING LIMITED (NYSE American: GPL; TSX: GPR) (“Great Panther”, or the “Company”) is providing an exploration update on its 2019 results and 2020 plans for its two Mexican mining operations: the Topia Mine and the Guanajuato Mine Complex (“GMC”), which includes the Guanajuato Mine and the San Ignacio Mine.