Boiling texture in a quartz chalcedonic vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the twenty seven week of the year (July 15th to July 7th, 2019), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with ten communicating production results, seven disclosing deals and corporate issues, six announcing financial rounds, two reporting on resources and development of their projects, and two informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce secured drill pads to commence phase 1 drill program at its Pino de Plata project. In Oaxaca, Megastar identified multiple targets at its Yautepec property. ON MINING, Avino, Consolidated Zinc, First Majestic, Fortuna Silver, Fresnillo, Gold Resource, Hecla, McEwen, Premier, and Sierra Metals reported Q2, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Americas Silver announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of approximately US$10M (Cosala, Sinaloa). It also announced the termination of the agreement with Premier Gold on the San Felipe project in Sonora for total sales proceeds of US$10.8M. Discovery Metals announced its intentions to complete a non-brokered private placement to rise gross proceeds of $9M (Puerto Rico project, Coahuila). Golden Minerals entered in definitive agreements to rise gross proceeds of $2.25M (Santa Maria project, Chihuahua). Mexican Gold closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $4M (Las Minas project, Veracruz). Orla Mining rised $3.6M through early warrant exercise incentive program (Camino Rojo project, Zacatecas). Silver Spruce received a final payment of $150K for the sale of its Kay Mine project to Croesus. Silver Spruce received and accepted an unsolicited cash investment offer of USD $250K (Pino de Plata project, Chihuahua). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Endeavour acquired two mineral properties adjacent to its Guanacevi mine in Durango. SilverCrest received the operating permit from SEMARNAT for the development of its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Silver Spruce announced the acquisition of the Cocula advanced Au project in Jalisco. Excellon, Great Panther, Mexican Gold, and Prize announced management changes. Mexican Gold, Prize, and Minera Alamos granted stock options to Directors, Officers, Employees, and Consultants.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., secured drill pads to commence phase 1 drill program at its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. The surface landowners have granted surface access and signed the drill permit application.
- Megastar Development Corp., identified multiple targets at its Yautepec property in Oaxaca. The property lies within the known Oaxaca Au-Ag epithermal trend that hosts the San Jose Mine owns by Fortuna Silver, and the Arista-Switchback mine owned by Gold Resource. Results from the first 146 rock-chip samples were received. Significant results are: 6 samples with > 10 ppm Ag (maximum value of 62 ppm Ag); 9 samples with > 100 ppb Au (maximum value of 0.86 ppm Au); 5 samples with > 100 ppm Cu (maximum value of 639 ppm Cu); 6 samples with > 100 ppm Pb (maximum value of 863 ppm Pb); 10 samples with > 100 ppm Zn (maximum value of 215 ppm Zn; 8 samples with > 100 ppm Mo (maximum value of 648 ppm Mo); 12 samples with > 1,000 ppm As (maximum value of 6,290 ppm As); 9 samples with > 1,000 ppm Ba (maximum value of 4,590 ppm Ba); and 12 samples with > 1 ppm Hg (maximum value of 7.8 ppm Hg). These anomalous values are from quartz veins, silicified breccias and siliceous sinter deposits in multiple areas along a north-northwest striking 8.4km trend of prospective rocks that trace a volcanic caldera margin. An additional 175 rock-chip samples have been submitted to the lab and results will be announced in subsequent new releases.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., reported Q2, 2019 consolidated production results from its Avino mine operation in Durango. It processed 200,873 tonnes of 57 g/t Ag, 0.41 g/t Au, and 0.38%Cu to produce 246K Oz Ag, 1,609 Oz Au, and 1.14M Lb Cu. Metallurgical recoveries were 69%, 61% and 63% for Ag, Au, and Cu respectively.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, reported June 2019 production results from its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua. It mined 5,099 tonnes of 17.5% Zn, 11.2% Pb, and 62 g/t Ag for a total of 2M Lb Zn, 1.3M Lb Pb, and 10.2K Oz Ag contained. From this tonnage, only 2,409 tonnes were processed but additional stockpiles of 6,599 tonnes remain in mine site awaiting be delivered to the Aldama plant.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q2, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. The below table shows the mine by mine production results:
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., released Q2, 2019 production results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna processed 271,016 tonnes of 273 g/t Ag and 1.68 g/t Au to produce 2.2M Oz Ag and 13.2K Oz Au, with metallurgical recoveries of 90.76% and 90.23% respectively.
- Fresnillo plc., reported Q2, 2019 consolidated production results from their Mexican operations. The company produced 14.42M Oz Ag (including Silverstream), 221.3K Oz Au, 29.2M Lb Pb, and 46.3M Lb Zn. The production results by mine are as follow: At the Fresnillo mine in Zacatecas, 618,852 tonnes with grades of 192 g/t Ag, 0.9 g/t Au, 1% Pb, and 1.6% Zn were processed to produce 3.5M Oz Ag, 13.5K Oz Au, 11.7M Lb Pb, and 15M Lb Zn. At the Saucito mine in Zacatecas, 662,023 tonnes were processed with grades of 242 g/t Ag, 1.15 g/t Au, 0.8% Pb, and 1.3% Zn to produce 4.5M Oz Ag, 18K Oz Au, 10.2M Lb Pb, and 13.31M Lb Zn. At the Piritas Plant in Zacatecas, 39,159 tonnes were processed with grades of 352 g/t Ag and 2.57g/t Au to produce 333K Oz Ag and 1,215 Oz Au. At the La Cienega mine in Durango, the company processed 329,117 tonnes with grades of 1.57 g/t Au, 162 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, and 1.1% Zn to produce 15K Oz Au, 1.5M Oz Ag, 3M Lb Pb, and 4.8M Lb Zn. At the San Julian mine in Chihuahua-Durango border, Fresnillo processed 338,797 tonnes of 1.71 g/t Au and 124 g/t Ag from San Julian Veins to produce 17.7K Oz Au and 1.2M Oz Ag, while 562,534 tonnes were processed from the San Julian Disseminated Ore Body with grades of 0.08 g/t Au, 149 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 1.4% Zn, to produce 636 Oz Au, 2.3M Oz Ag, 4.2M Lb Pb, and 13.3M Lb Zn. Total production at San Julian was 18.3K Oz Au and 3.6M Oz Ag. At its Herradura mine in Sonora, the company processed 5,466,791 tonnes of 0.84 g/t Au and 2.5 g/t Ag to produce 120K Oz Au and 280K Oz Ag. At the Noche Buena mine in Sonora, Fresnillo processed 3,663,549 tonnes of 0.56 g/t Au and 0.22 g/t Ag, to produce 35.3K Oz Au and 17K Oz Ag.
- Gold Resource Corporation, released production results from its Oaxaca Mining Unit for the period Q2, 2019. It produced 7,881 Oz Au, 466.5K Oz Ag, 1.1M Lb Cu, 5.2M Lb Pb, and 13.6M Lb Zn.
- Hecla Mining Company, reported Q2, 2019 production results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. The company produced 0.5M Oz Ag and 3,547 Oz Au.
- McEwen Mining Inc., announced that 5,340 Oz Au were produced at its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa during the period Q2, 2019.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, reported that a total of 15.5K Oz Au and 56.5K Oz Ag were produced from its Mercedes mine in Sonora during Q2, 2019.
- Sierra Metals Inc., released Q2, 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. At Its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua, Sierra Metals processed 326,208 tonnes of 0.86% Cu, 18 g/t Ag, and 0.24 g/t Au to produce 5.2M Lb Cu, 152K Oz Ag, and 1,586 Oz Au. At its Cusi mine in Chihuahua, the company processed 82,117 tonnes of 1|45 g/t Ag, 0.15 g/t Au, and 0.1% Pb to produce 283K Oz Ag, 146 Oz Au, and 154K Lb Pb.
- Americas Silver Corporation, announced that Eric Sprott has agreed to purchase common shares of the company for a total investment of approximately US$10M in a non-brokered private placement (Cosala, Sinaloa). It also announced the termination of the agreement with Premier Gold on the San Felipe project in Sonora for total sales proceeds of US$10.8M.
- Discovery Metals Corp., announced its intentions to complete a non brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of $9M, of which Eric Sprott has agreed to purchase 19.9% of the company by investing $7.7M. Discovery plans to acquire all the issued and outstanding common shares of Levon Resources Ltd., as announced in a news release dated May 30, 2019. Gross proceeds will be used to continue exploration at Cordero, Chihuahua, following the acquisition of Levon, and at the Coahuila projects (Puerto Rico, Minerva, and Monclova).
- Golden Minerals Company, entered in definitive agreements with institutional investors for an offering of shares of common stock with gross proceeds of $2.25M (Santa Maria project, Chihuahua).
- Mexican Gold Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $4M. Net proceeds will be used for exploration and advancement of its Las Minas project in Veracruz.
- Orla Mining Ltd., rised $3.6M through an early warrant exercise incentive program rised $3.6M. Net proceeds will be used to continue regional exploration and allow greater flexibility prior to construction of its Camino Rojo Oxide project in Zacatecas.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., received a final payment of $150K for Croesus Gold Corp., for the sale of its Kay Mine project. Some of the net proceeds will be used to fund the due diligence program at its advanced Cocula gold project in Jalisco. The company also received and accepted an unsolicited cash investment offer of USD $250K to purchase 5% interest of Silver Spruce Resources de Mexico SA de CV, the Mexican subsidiary of Silver Spruce, and 5% interest in the mining titles for each of the four mining concession that comprise its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. The offer was done before the commencement of the phase 1 drill program.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp., acquired a 10 years rights to explore and exploit two mineral properties adjacent to its Guanacevi mine in Durango from a subsidiary of Minera Frisco SAB de CV. The El Porvenir property of 15 Ha covers the up dip extension of the El Porvenir Norte orebody, and The El Curso property of 40 Ha that covers any possible northwest extension of the El Porvenir Cuatro orebody, which was the highest grade mine in the district. Endeavour agreed to meet certain minimum production targets from the properties and pay Frisco a fixed per tonne production payment plus a floating NSR based on the spot Ag price.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., received from SEMARNAT the approval of the MIA or operating permit for the development of its Las Chispas project in Sonora. The receipt of the MIA provides the company to construct a 3,000 tonnes per day underground mine and a conventional processing facility with subsequent dry stack tailings and underground backfill for Las Chispas. The MIA remains in good standing for 14 years until July 17, 2033.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., acquired 100% interest in the Cocula advanced Au project in Jalisco from Prospeccion y Desarrollo Minero del Norte SA de CV (ProDeMin), which in turn, has an option agreement from the owners to acquire 100% interest in the Cocula project. Terms of the acquisition include a USD$160K due within two years of assumption of the ProDeMin contract; USD$330K due within year three; and USD$2.5M due within year four. ProDeMin has to negotiate with the owners to delay payments and to accept cash and company shares as payment. The owners also have retained a 2% NSR which is capped at USD$1.5M and of which 1% can be purchased for USD$500K. Minimum work expenditure include USD$250K in the first two years and USD$500K within the following two years. Silver Spruce has also agreed to reimburse ProDeMin USD$125K over two years for its previous option payments made to the owners, upon completion of the Company’s financing requirements, and to issue 3M of the Company’s common shares to ProDeMin over four years.
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced the appointment of its CFO and VP Corporate Development (La Platosa, Durango).
- Great Panther Mining Limited, announced the appointment of the Chair of the Board of Directors of the company (Topia mine, Durango).
- Mexican Gold Corp., announced the resignation of its COO and one Director, and the appointment of a new member to its Board of Directors. The company also granted stock options to Directors, Officers, and Consultants of the company (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Prize Mining Corporation appointed as new Director to the Board of the company. It also granted stock options to Directors, Officers, Employees, and Consultants of the company (Manto Negro project, Coahuila).
- Minera Alamos Inc., granted stock options to Managements, Directors, Employees, and Consultants of the company (Santana project, Sonora).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, boiling texture in a low-sulphidation epithermal chalcedonic quartz vein in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.