La explotación minera de fondos oceánicos será pronto una realidad. Sus impactos ambientales están siendo intensamente evaluados por instituciones académicas y agencias internacionales, mientras la ingeniería avanza lo suficiente para colocarla como opción viable y rentable, en muchos casos, superior a la minería en tierra. Crece la escasez de minerales metálicos y no metálicos en yacimientos terrestres accesibles y de costo aceptable, mientras el reciclaje es insuficiente y la demanda aumenta exponencialmente por la industria electrónica y la fabricación de baterías para vehículos eléctricos. Níquel, cobalto, tungsteno, platino, rodio, manganeso y otros metales son indispensables para nuevas tecnologías electrónicas, y el fósforo es insumo vital para la manufactura de fertilizantes esenciales en la agricultura. El impacto ambiental de actividades mineras en tierra llega a ser devastador en cuanto a ecosistemas y paisajes, deforestación, y contaminación de aguas, suelos y atmósfera.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 8th week of the year (February 19th to February 25th, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five companies reporting quarterly and/or full year 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure is to continue drilling its Sara Alicia Au-Co-Zn project; Evrim described the Sarape low sulfidation project. ON MINING, five companies, Starcore, Osisko Gold Royalties, Alio Gold, Argonaut Gold and Great Panther presented production results for the quarter and/or full year 2017. ON FINANCING, Torex Gold announced an over-allotment of shares, taking the gross proceeds of its last offering to C$63.32 M. Evrim is accelerating the exercise of warrants that could add to up to $2.94 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Pan American, Avino Silver and Alamos Gold presented resource estimate updates for its operating units to the end of 2017. Southern Silver Exploration presented an updated mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Endeavour presented an update on development of its El Compas project in Zacatecas. Silver Bull disclosed drill results from its Sierra Mojada property in Coahuila. Almaden Minerals released more infill drill results from its Tuligtic project in Puebla. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Leagold announced the proposed take-over of Brio Gold, which owns a mine in Brazil. Bacanora Minerals is in the paperwork to move from the Canadian TSX to the British AIM stock exchange. Coeur Mining signed a LOI with Evrim on the acquisition of the El Sarape project in Sonora. Oroco Resource acquired interest on three concessions surrounding the Santo Tomas deposit in Sinaloa.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Azure Minerals Ltd. intends to resume drilling within two weeks at the Sara Alicia project in Sonora. The mineralized zone consists of carbonate rocks intruded by a porphyry, forming a skarn horizon hosting massive and semi-massive sulfides with Au-Co grades. The mineralized body has a strong magnetic signature, extending for 300 m by 150 m and modelling of the magnetic data indicates a considerable vertical extent. The best intercept from the previous drilling was 26.2 m @ 9.5 g/t Au, 1.26% Co.
- Evrim Resources Corp. described the Sarape project in Sonora, recently optioned to Coeur Mining Inc. There are two major veins, The Sarape vein is 6 km long and up to 12 m in width, while the Chiltepin vein measures 2.6 km in length and up to 3 m in width. The western part of both veins contains barren white quartz and calcite veins, whereas the eastern portion is composed by a separate phase of low temperature, tan green quartz that consistently assays from 0.10 to 0.36 g/t Au, peaking at 3.6 g/t Au. Neither vein has been drilled.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. released production results for Q3 2018, ended on January 31, 2018. During the period 65.6 K tonnes were milled @ 1.23 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, producing 2,405 AuEq Oz at its San Martin mine in Queretaro. Recoveries stood at 83.7% Au, 53.3% Ag. The Altiplano facility in Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, received 176 tonnes of concentrate containing about 222 Oz Au, 35,634 Oz Ag, and sold 269 Oz Au, 23,561 Oz Ag.
- Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. presented Q4 2017 and full year 2017 results. While not presenting numbers, it reports an offtake agreement on production from Gogold’s Parral project in Chihuahua.
- Alio Gold Inc. provided its fourth quarter and year end 2017 results. During the year the San Francisco mine in Sonora produced 83,211 Oz Au, 38,911 Oz Ag, with 16,067 Oz Au, 7,873 Oz Ag produced during the fourth quarter 2017. At the Ana Paula project in Guerrero, Alio invested $17.3 M, with work ongoing for the definitive feasibility study (FS). Cash and cash equivalents by the end of 2017 amounted to $51.6 M, while working capital was $61.7 M.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. announced its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. At El Castillo in Durango, during the year 8.14 Mt (tonnes) of ore,10.4 Mt of waste were moved, for a 51 K tonnes per day (tpd) rate, with the ore grading 0.36 g/t Au to produce 59,000 Oz Au at cash cost $1,015 per sold Au Oz. At San Agustin in Durango, since starting commercial production in October 1, 939 Kt of ore @ 0.5 g/t Au and 404 Kt of waste were moved for a 15 K tpd operation, to produce 10,302 Oz Au, 45,100 Oz Ag at cash cost $385 per Au Oz sold. At La Colorada in Sonora 18.87 Mt of ore @ 0.54 g/t Au and 23.35 Mt of waste were moved at a 64 K tpd rate to produce 50,796 Oz Au, 174,330 Oz Ag at cash cost of $691 per Oz Au sold. During the fourth quarter $2.8 M of income tax was recovered. For 2018 the company expects to produce 165 K to 180 K AuEq Oz.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. reported financial results for 2017. Without disclosing production by unit, the Topia (Durango), San Ignacio (Guanajuato) and Guanajuato mine complex produced 1.98 M Oz Ag, 22,501 Oz Au at cash cost $5.76 per Ag Oz, cash cost of $12.11 per AgEq Oz and AISC of $15.07. Cash and short-term deposits at year-end were $56.9 M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. issued as an over-allotment an additional 130,500 common shares on the previously announced offering, augmenting the aggregate gross proceeds to C$63.32 M.
- Evrim Resources Corp. is accelerating the exercise date of the company’s common share purchase warrants date December 16, 2015. If all the remaining outstanding warrants were exercised, these would raise cash proceeds of $2.94 M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported an update on development progress at El Compas project in Zacatecas. The plant refurbishment is 90% complete, mine power and mine portal infrastructure completed and only 100 m of development to reach the ore body. The plant design has been modified to increase capacity from 250 tonnes per day (tpd) to 325 tpd, with the mine plan expanded from 200 tpd to 250 tpd, with potential to go to 500 tpd. The improved operating metrics would take production to 1.175 M AuEq Oz per year, and needs an increase of only 13% on Capex.
- Pan American Silver Corp. updated mineral reserves and resources, including figures for its properties in Mexico. Globally Pan American mined 30.6 M contained Ag Oz of its silver reserves, but replaced 33.2 M contained Ag Oz, to end 2017 with 288.4 M contained Ag Oz.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. released results of seven drill holes targeting the Sulfide Zone under the oxide resource at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Significant results comprise 2 m @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu; 2 m @ 1,300 g/t Ag, 13.5% Zn, 3.9% Cu, 2.9% Pb; 4 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 4.3% Zn; 6 m @ 5.8% Zn, 0.47% Cu; 6 m @ 802 g/t Ag, 5.9% Zn, 3.3% Cu, 0.5% Pb.
- Avino Silver & Mines Ltd. completed an updated mineral resource estimate for the Avino property in Durango. This updated mineral resource estimate includes 34 drill holes that were completed during the drill programs from 2016 to 2017.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported updated mineral reserves and resources as Dec 31, 2017, including figures from its Mexican operations. The company has 5.07 M Oz Au in mineral reserves and resources in its Mexican projects, according to the table below. A total of $13 M and 41,500 m of drilling has been budgeted at Mulatos for exploration in 2018, with focus on Carricito.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. released drill results from the infill program at its Tuligtic project in Puebla. The holes were drilled beneath the proposed pit, which stresses the potential for expansion. Highlighted intervals comprise: 101.45 m @ 1.94 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, including 46.20 m @ 3.87 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag, and 28.95 m @ 5.61 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 13.10 m @ 9.35 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag; 53.90 m @ 0.48 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, including 12.00 m @ 3.60 g/t Au, 27 g/t Ag, and 5.00 m @ 7.91 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag; 57.55 m @ 1.29 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag, including 3.00 m @ 16.87 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. filed a NI-43-101 compliant technical report on a mineral resource estimate for its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. The indicated resource on the Blind Zone, El Sol, Las Victorias and the Skarn Front zones add up to 10.13 Mt @ 102 g/t Ag, 0.10 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, 3.6% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 33.35 M Oz Ag, 34 K Oz Au, 319 M Lb Pb, 813 M Lb Zn, 33 M Lb Cu. The inferred resource in the Blind, El Sol and Skarn Front zones add another 8.68 Mt @ 74 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Zn, 4.5% Zn, 0.15% Cu, containing 20.72 M Oz Ag, 12 K Oz Au, 131 M Lb Pb, 870 M Lb Zn, 29 M Lb Cu. The four separate mineral deposits form sets of sub-parallel steeply dipping mineralized zones extending more than 1,000 m along strike and up to 600 m depth.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Leagold Mining Corp. announced the proposed take-over bid on Brio Gold Inc. by Leagold will now be completed on a Brio board supported basis. “The total consideration to be paid by Leagold in exchange for all of the issued and outstanding Brio shares is approximately US$279M….”. The combined entity is expected to produce between 420,000 and 475,000 oz of gold in 2018 Brio’s shareholder meeting is expected to be held in April 2018 (Los Filos, Guerrero).
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. entered into an arrangement agreement to facilitate the Company’s proposed reorganization to effect a re-domicile to the United Kingdom as Bacanora UK on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Upon listing Bacanora UK, Bacanora Canada intends to delist from the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Evrim Resources Corp. signed a letter of intent (LOI) with Coeur Mining Inc. on the Sarape epithermal Au-Ag project in Sonora. The transaction involves a US$100 K in cash upon signing a definitive agreement, a first-year commitment of US$500 K in exploration. Once those terms are completed Coeur can earn-in a 51% interest by producing a NI-43-101 preliminary economic analysis (PEA) on a minimum inferred resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. Coeur can elect to earn-in an additional 39% by delivering a NI-43-101 feasibility study (FS) on a minimum measured and indicated resource of 1 M Oz AuEq. From this point Coeur will pay US$100K per year until mining and construction permits are received, at which point Evrim can elect to participate on the JV with a 20% interest, or convert that interest to a 3% NSR, of which one third can be purchased by Evrim for US$2.0 M. Evrim will be the operator up to completion of the PEA, after which Coeur shall be the operator.
- Oroco Resource Corp. acquired a 77.5% interest on La China II and Amp. Santo Tomás Reduccion 1 mineral concessions from Santo Tomas Metals S.A. de C.V., and a 77.5% interest in an application for the Papago 17 application from Ubaldo Trevizo Ledezma, in Sinaloa. The three properties add to 6,978 ha and abut and surround the Santo Tomás copper porphyry. Oroco acquired its interest on La China II by the payment of CDN$6,700 and its interest on AMP Santo Tomas Reduccion 1 with the payment of CDN$33,400. The latter concession has been cancelled, but it is deemed to be recoverable to good standing. The Papgo 17 concession interest was acquired by the payment of CDN$6,700 and the issuance of 2 M shares. All three concessions are subject to a 2% NSR. Oroco also holds a 13.6% and an option to acquire a further 6.4% equity interest in Altamura Copper Corp., a British company that acquired the Santo Tomas concessions, and is in negotiations to acquire the remaining Altamura shares (Note for clarity.-Altamura has an ownership legal dispute with a third party on the Santo Tomas concessions, where the known deposit is).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, section on the San Rafael Mine, as seen at the museum of El Oro mining district in Estado de Mexico.
During the 42nd week of the year (October 16th to October 22nd, 2017), at least 29 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including eight quarterly reports. ON MEXICO ISSUES: No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION: Nine companies disclosed exploration efforts during the week: In Sonora, Alix Resources is doing metallurgical studies at its Agua Fria project; Teck is drilling the Alacrán project; Oceanus discovered several veins at its El Tigre property; Riverside presented an exploration update on its Tajitos and Cecilia projects; SilverCrest released drill results from the Babicanora vein on its Las Chispas property; VVC Exploration boasted on the size of the mineralized system at Cumeral; Azure Minerals started drilling its Oposura project. In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold presented results on a soil program completed on its Cerro Cascaron project. In Sinaloa, VVC Exploration describes two mineralized structures at its La Tuna property. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold completed a geophysical survey that highlighted several targets at its Las Minas project. ON MINING: Avino Silver, Premier Gold, Sierra Metals, Gold Resource, Excellon, Fortuna Silver, First Majestic and McEwen Mining reported preliminary third quarter results. Corex Gold shipped the first gold concentrate from its Santana property in Sonora. ON FINANCING: Excellon is to raise up to $11.5 M on a bought deal basis; Goldcorp exercised C$3.5 M on Alio Gold warrants; Alio gold exercised a buy-back clause to acquire 1% of NSR from Goldcorp; Silver One raised C$4.3 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT: Leagold updated the resource estimate at the Bermejal Underground deposit on its Los Filos property in Guerrero; Mexican Gold presented drill results from its Las Minas property in Veracruz; Torex Gold commenced an in-fill drill program at its Media Luna project in Guerrero; Monarca Mining is reviewing the geological information and drill holes from its Tejamen property in Durango; Riverside is re-logging core from the Jesus Maria zone of its Peñoles project in Durango; Southern Silver presented an update on the exploration and resource definition at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango; VVC Exploration is looking into bringing the Samalayuca copper property in Chihuahua to production; Bacanora Minerals received the environmental permit for plant construction on its Sonora lithium project. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES: Alix Resources informed that Lithium Australia NL holds now 54% of the Elektra project in Sonora. Goldcorp announced the completion of the sale of its 21% stake on San Nicolas (Zacatecas) to Teck.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Alix Resources Corp. completed recently a 2,500 m reverse circulation drill program at its Agua Fria project in Sonora. The program comprised 16 holes, returning 33 m @ 1,058 ppm Li; 48 m @ 1,031 ppm Li; 24 m @ 1,050 ppm Li. “A large sample is currently being composited for further metallurgical studies. “In addition to significant Li values, the clay horizons at Agua Fria are anomalous in potassium which may be recoverable as potassium sulphate…”
- Azure Minerals Ltd. informed that project operator Teck has commenced drilling on the Alacrán project in Sonora. During 2017 Teck has performed geological mapping, surface sampling and an induced polarization survey, identifying two high priority targets. The first target is the extension of the Loma Bonita Ag-Au deposit towards Cerro San Simon, with potential for epithermal mineralization. The second target is Cerro Colorado where strong chargeability and resistivity anomalies were identified under soil anomalies, pointing to a porphyry copper target. Three diamond rigs are to drill 5,000 m.
- Mexican gold Corp. completed 50 km of ground magnetic survey and 15 line km of “Moving Loop Time Domain Electromagnetic” (TDEM) on the El Dorado/Juan Bran, Cinco Señores and Las Minillas mineralized zones at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. The TDEM method was validated over known parts of the mineralized system, with multiple new targets emerging on the three zones.
- Oceanus Resources Corp. has discovered several new veins located approximately 150 m north and parallel to the Caleigh vein on its El Tigre project in Sonora. A drill rig is to arrive on the last week of October.
- Riverside Resources Inc. presented an update on its Cecilia, Tajitos and La Silla projects. At Cecilia in Sonora, the environmental permit has been received to drill test the upper portion of a dome-related epithermal system, with sampling returning 21% of 394 chip-channel samples greater than 0.3 g/t Au. At Tajitos, also in Sonora, a number of new targets have been identified after reviewing in detail the past exploration and drilling campaign. At La Silla in Sinaloa, Riverside continues to consolidate a strong land package and outlining multiple veins, with soil surveying, mapping, sampling, structural analysis, remote sensing and prospecting.
- Harvest Gold Corp. and Evrim Resources Corp. covered an area of 4.5 km by 1.6 km with a soil sampling program at its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. The soil survey included 877 Samples collected every 50 m on lines separated 200 m apart, oriented east-west. “Results have extended known veins, identified two new corridors and have highlighted a 1.4 kilometre-long, very strong gold-silver trend to the north of the ……. Serpiente Dorada vein”. The Carabina, San Pedro, and La Puerta areas show a “significant soil response in gold, silver and pathfinders along strike from known gold-silver mineralization and two additional areas between San Pedro and La Puerta, have significant pathfinder element responses”.
- VVC Exploration Corp. describes its Cumeral project in Sonora as boasting a gold mineralization zone that runs at least for 3.6 km. At La Tuna in Sinaloa, two mineralized structures are favorable for an open-pit gold/copper resource. A signed letter of intent (LOI) with a mining company is at the due diligence stage.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released further results from the Phase II drill campaign at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. The Babicanora vein has been drill tested for over 600 m of strike length, with a near-surface mineralized height of 150 to 175 m. High-grade intercepts occur also on the Granaditas and Amatista veins on the Babicanora area. Results include 2.9 m (true width, or TW) @ 5.6 g/t Au, 173 g/t Ag; 3.0 m @ 4.3 g/t Au, 130 g/t Ag; 2.0 m @ 3.0 g/t Au, 78 g/t Ag; 4.0 m @ nil Au, 397 g/t Ag; 4.1 m @ 3.5 g/t Au, 137 g/t Ag; 1.7 m @ 3.6 g/t Au, 190 g/t Ag. The average of the high-grade zone in 20 holes of the Babicanora vein is 3.6 m @ 2.73 g/t Au, 263 g/t Ag. Approximately 5,000 m of drilling is planned for the remaining part of 2017.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. is drilling with two core rigs its Zn-Pb-Ag Oposura project in Sonora. The 120 hole program is to total 7,000 m, aiming to produce a mineral resource estimate by the end of March 2018.
- Avino Silver and Gold Mines Ltd. reported third quarter 2017 production results from its Avino property in Durango. At the Avino mine 119.3 K tonnes were mined, with 117.9 K tonnes milled @ 66 g/t Ag, 0.7 g/t Au, 0.48% Cu; recoveries stood at 85% Ag, 70% Au, 88% Cu to produce 213.8 K Oz Ag, 1,847 Oz Au, 1.1 M Lb Cu (501.8 ton). At the San Gonzalo vein 18.4 K tonnes were mined, 20.3 K tonnes milled @ 281 g/t Ag, 1.55 g/t Au; with recoveries of 85% Ag, 82% Au, producing 155.2 K Oz Ag, 826 Oz Au.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. announced preliminary third quarter results, including figures from its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where 18,564 Oz Au, 82,856 Oz Ag were produced.
- Gold Resource Corp. disclosed preliminary production results for the third quarter 2017 on its El Aguila property in Oaxaca. The company produced 6,465 Oz Au, 392.1 K Oz Ag, 291 tonnes Cu, 1,449 tonnes Pb, 4,628 tonnes Zn.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported third quarter 2017 production results, including figures from its Cusi and Bolivar mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar 223.3 K tons were processed @ 0.92% Cu, 14 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, achieving recoveries of 77.9% Cu, 74.5% Ag, 61.6% Au, to produce 3.52 M Lb Cu, 76 K Oz Ag, 629 Oz Au. At Cusi, 13.2 K tonnes were processed @ 154 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 1.0% Pb, 1.1% Zn, with recoveries of 84.1% Ag, 55.7% Au, 83.5% Pb, 50.9% Zn, to produce 55 K Oz Ag, 61 Oz Au, 247 K Lb Pb, 160 K Lb Zn.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced third quarter 2017 results from its Platosa mine in Durango, where 18.1 K tonnes were mined, and 19.9 K tonnes milled @ 409 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, 6.1% Zn. Recoveries stood at 87.6% Ag, 81.8% Pb, 81.1% Zn, to produce 226.2 K Oz Ag, 1.6 M Lb Pb, 2.2 M Lb Zn. “All-in sustaining cost decreased during the quarter to approximately $11-$13 per payable silver ounce…”.
- Fortuna Silver Mines, Inc. released third quarter 2017 production results, including figures from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. At San Jose 263.7 K tonnes were milled at a rate of 3,038 tonnes per day (tpd), and an average grade of 229 g/t Ag, 1.71 g/t Au, with recovery rates of 90.5% Ag, 91.4% Au, to produce 1.77 M Oz Ag, 13,248 Oz Au. Mine production was sourced from Trinidad Central and Trinidad North.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. released production results for the third quarter 2017 from its six mines in Mexico: Santa Elena in Sonora, La Encantada in Coahuila, La Parrilla in Durango; Del Toro in Zacatecas, San Martin in Jalisco, and La Guitarra in Estado de Mexico. Total production from the six mines amounts almost four million silver equivalent ounces during the period.
- Corex Gold Corp. shipped the first gold–in-carbon concentrate from its Santana heap-leach project in Sonora. Corex has been conducting continuous bulk testing heap-leach activities on coarser crushed material than in the next anticipated program to be performed on finer crushed material.
McEwen Mining Inc. reported production results for the first quarter 2017, including figures from its operations at El Gallo in Sinaloa, where 7,213 AuEq ounces were produced. Production below expectations is the result of a serious mechanical failure that halted crushing for a period of time. Better grades and increased crushing rates in the rest of the year are expected to partially compensate for the shortfall.
- Excellon Resources Inc. entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters to sell shares on a bought deal basis for gross proceeds of $10 M. If an over-allotment option is exercised in full, gross proceeds for the offering can reach $11.5 M. (Platosa, Durango).
- Alio gold Inc. announced that Goldcorp Inc. exercised its warrants that expire on October 19, 2017 for total proceeds of C$3.5 M. Alio Gold also exercised a buy-back right from Goldcorp of a 1% NSR on its Ana Paula project in Guerrero, for US$2.9 M. After the buy-back, the NSR held by Goldcorp on Ana Paula is now 2%. (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Silver One Resources Inc. closed an oversubscribed non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of C$4.3 M (Peñasco Quemado, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Leagold Mining Corp. updated the Bermejal Underground mineral resource estimate at its Los Filos property in Guerrero. The updated resource includes 9.9 M tonnes @ 6.15 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag in the measured and indicated category, and 4.7 M tonnes @ 5.36 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag in the inferred bracket, containing 1.97 M Oz Au and 820 K Oz Au in each category respectively. The estimate includes data from form 505 drill holes totaling 195,261 m, with mineralization having been tested along 1,600 m along the strike of the intrusive contact, with a vertical depth extent of over 800 m. Drill hole spacing is roughly 35 m for indicated resources and less than 25 m for measured resources.
- Mexican Gold Corp. reported mineralized intercepts from its ongoing resource expansion drilling at El Dorado/Juan Bran zone at its Las Minas property in Veracruz. One hole intersected a 21 m interval of chalcopyrite, bornite and magnetite, and a second interval of 56 m of stronger mineralization. Both intervals have wide zones outside the outline of the mineral resource. One other hole intersected two intervals of 3 m and 8 m with chalcopyrite, bornite and magnetite.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. has initiated the in-fill drilling program at its Media Luna development project in Guerrero. The program’s purpose is to upgrade to the Indicated confidence level, 25% of the current resource (7.4 M Oz AuEq). The US$15 M program contains 175 holes averaging 600 m in depth, for a total of 105,000 m of drilling.
- Monarca Mining Inc. is currently re-analyzing geological information and the re-logging of historical drill results from its Tejamen property in Durango. Monarca has identified three high grade intercepts at the Los Mantos and Cerro Prieto portions of Tejamen, including an 80 m zone containing 417 g/t Ag. The feeder veins strike to the SW for approximately one km. Drilling reached only about 150 m of depth, and the core was not assayed for other metals.
- Riverside Resources Inc. informed that re-logging of 15 holes of the Jesus Maria zone at its Peñoles project in Durango resulted in the interpretation that at least one and possibly multiple high-grade vein structures remain untested for hundreds of meters along strike and down dip.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. presented an update on activities at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. During 2017 13,600 m were drilled in 18 holes, identifying and extending the new Skarn Front zone beneath the Blind and El Sol deposits. Exploration has been funded by Electrum Global Holdings L.P., earning a 60% stake on the project by spending US$5.0 M. A total of 107 drill holes for 49,600 m have been completed on the project, with exploration expenditures reaching US$10 M.
- VVC Exploration Corp. is looking to bring the Samalayuca copper project to production in 2018. A 2013 NI-43-101 resource estimate shows a resource of 4.1 M tonnes of ore. VVC plans to use low cost, low tech processing to produce copper cement that is directly usable in many industrial processes.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. announced the environmental impact statement (Manifestacion de Impacto Ambiental, or MIA) on its Sonora project has been approved by SEMARNAT (Environmental agency). The MIA approved is for the production of 35,000 tonnes per year of lithium carbonate through a conventional beneficiation process followed by a standard SO4 roasting process.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alix Resources Corp. announced that Perth-based lithium processing technologist, Lithium Australia NL (LIT) is controlling now 54% of the Elektra lithium project in Sonora. LIT has the right to earn up to 65% interest on the project under the current JV agreement.
- Goldcorp Inc. announced the completion of the sale of its 21% minority interest in the San Nicolas Cu-Zn project in Zacatecas, to Teck Resources Ltd., for a cash consideration of US$50 M.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, sheeted quartz veins cutting an intrusive rock on a prospect of the Durango Altiplano. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
Vancouver, British Columbia (FSCwire) – ALIX RESOURCES CORP. (“Alix” or the “Company”) (AIX-TSX:V) (37N–FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce the results of the first reverse circulation (“RC”) hole which intersected two intervals of +1,000 parts per million (“ppm”) lithium (Li) on the Agua Fria target, of the Electra Project in Sonora, Mexico. Highlights to date include:
- The first vertical hole, AF-17-001, was drilled to a depth of 126 meters, intersecting two intervals of +1,000 ppm Li in clay-bearing volcanogenic sediments, including 33meters from 3 to 36 meters averaging 1058ppm Li, and 21meters from 54 to 75 meters averaging 1043ppm Li.
- Assays over 1,000 ppm are significant, and represent the cut-off grade used by SRK Consulting (UK) Limited on the neighboring La Ventana lithium deposit, owned jointly by Bacanora Minerals Limited (70%) and Rare Earth Minerals PLC (30%);
- Drilling on the Agua Fria project is progressing well with five completed holes totaling 625 meters. Assays have only been received for hole AF-17-001;
- The Agua Fria projects is being undertaken by a local drilling contractor using a tracked mounted RC rig. The project is staffed by a multinational crew from Canada, Australia and Mexico;
- The Agua Fria project is believed to be the first, comprehensive, fielding test of a portable Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) using a SciAps Z300 instrument pre-calibrated for material type and lithium grade to provide “real time” assay verification.
- Li assays have been received from one drill hole (AF-17-001), and the initial correlation between obtained laboratory values to concentrations determined by the SciAps Z300 instrument is relatively good and very encouraging. Additional applications are being considered to expedite other targets;
- The Agua Fria project envisions a 3,000 meters reverse circulation drilling program investigating a 5 kilometer-long sedimentary unit hosting lithium-enriched clay layers.
During the 13th week of the year (March 27th to April 2nd, 2017), at least 24 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, Alix Resources commenced a lithium drilling program in Sonora, and One World announced an exploration second phase that is to include drilling in Baja California. Canuc presented historical rockchip results from its Santa Rosa property in Sonora, while Almadex resumed drilling at El Cobre in Veracruz, also presenting surface assays supporting a gold copper porphyry target on an undrilled area, and Gainey is finishing a drilling campaign in Nayarit. ON MINING, Americas Silver, Mag Silver and Sierra Metals presented operating and/or financial results for 2016, while First Majestic presented production results from its six mines in Mexico. ON FINANCING, Agnico Eagle announced a US $220 M offering, Wealth Minerals raised $4.86 M and Primero Mining closed an extension on a revolving credit facility for $75 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Endeavour Silver presented a resource estimate for its El Compas mine in Zacatecas. Torex Gold announced a high-grade resource for its sub-sill deposit at its El Limon-Guajes property in Guerrero. Corex Gold continues mine construction at its Santana property in Sonora and Golden Minerals disclosed a corrected resource estimate for its Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. First Majestic presented resource estimates for its six operating mines in Mexico. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Santacruz Silver finalized the sale of El Gachi property in Sonora to First Majestic. HECLA exercised the right to lease Golden Minerals mill in Durango until the end of 2018.
- Alix Resources Corp. commenced a 3,000 m drilling program at its Agua Fria lithium project in Sonora. The reverse circulation program is to test 5 km of prospective length of sedimentary units hosting Li-enriched clay horizons. Laser induced breakdown spectroscopy is to be used for real-time field analysis of drill cuttings.
- One World Minerals Inc. announced a second phase program at is Rico Litio project in Baja California. This phase is to include a geophysical survey, geochemical sampling and a 4,000 m drill program to be completed before the end of June 2017. A third phase program will include pump test work to determine aquifer capacity, draw down flow rates and concentrations of lithium and potassium.
- Canuc Resources Corp. provided a summary of previously compiled information on the Santa Rosa mine in the San Javier district, Sonora. The Santa Rosa mine consists of five levels spanning a strike length of 490 m and 135 down dip, ranging from 0.3 to 5.0 m in width and staying open along strike and to depth. The average of 341 samples of vein material is 1.45 m @ 388 g/t Ag, 2.02 g/t Au, 1.6% Pb, 1.3% Zn. Two subparallel veins, El Capulin and Las Norias, are virtually unexplored.
- Almadex Minerals Ltd. informed that drilling recommenced in February on the Norte zone of its El Cobre project in Veracruz, and that a second rig has started coring at the site. Two kilometres south of the Norte zone is the undrilled Villa Rica target area, where 18 subcrop and outcrop samples collected in a 150 x 150 meters area (now called Raya Tembrillo). Once the mapping is complete, drilling is planned for the Villa Rica zone later in 2017.
- Gainey Capital Corp. is currently finishing its phase 1 drill program on its Colomo property in Nayarit, focused on La Higuerita and La Nueva Victoria zones, with results for La Nueva Victoria already released and those of La Higuerita still pending.
- Americas Silver Corp. presented financial and operational results for 2016. Cash and cash equivalents were $24.1 M by the end of the 2016, with net working capital of $20.1 M. “A low interest rate $15.0 million concentrate pre-payment facility was entered in January 2017 after year end with a subsidiary of Glencore PLC (“Glencore”) to fund a portion of the development costs for San Rafael” (Cosala and San Rafael, Sinaloa).
- First Majestic Silver Corp. released 2016 production results for its six operating mines in Mexico: La Encantada in Coahuila, La Parrilla in Durango, Del Toro in Zacatecas, San Martin in Jalisco, La Guitarra in Estado de Mexico and Santa Elena in Sonora, according to the following table:
- Sierra Metals Inc. presented financial results for 2016, which include $42.1 M of cash and cash equivalents by the end of the period, and a net debt of $36.5 M (Cusi and Bolivar, Chihuahua).
- Mag Silver Corp. presented the financial results for 2016, with working capital of US$139.1 M including cash, cash equivalents and term deposits of $138.3 M. In March 2016, the company closed a $65 M bought deal financing with an over-allotment option that took the total gross proceeds to $74.7 M. During 2016 the company funded $7.36 M on the Juanicipio project (under JV, Fresnillo PLC 56%, Mag Silver 44%). A 20,000 metre exploration drill program is expected to be approved for 2017 for Juanicipio (Juanicipio, Zacatecas; Cinco de Mayo, Chihuahua).
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. announced an offering to an institutional investor in the United States for total consideration of approximately US$220 M (La India, Sonora; Pinos Altos, Chihuahua).
- Wealth Minerals Ltd. arranged a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to $4.86 M (Coronado and Valsequillo, Chihuahua).
- Primero Mining Corp. has closed the extension of the maturity of its $75 M revolving credit facility with its syndicate of lenders.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported its initial NI-43-101 mineral resource estimate and a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for its El Compas mine project in Zacatecas. The indicated resource stands at 184.4 K tonnes @ 104 g/t Ag, 7.31 g/t Au, for 495 K Oz Ag, 34.9 K OZ Au, and the inferred resource is 216.8 K tonnes @ 76 g/t Ag, 5.38 g/t Au, for 527 K Oz Ag, 37.5 K Oz Au. The process is expected to recover 73% and 83.5% of the silver and gold contained in the ore at an estimated cash cost of $9.09 and AISC $9.64 per AgEq Oz. The company has made a production decision subject to receiving an explosives permit and further clarity from the Zacatecas government regarding an exemption from the new Zacatecas state environmental tax.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. announced a high-grade CIM compliant resource for the Sub-Sill deposit at its El Limon-Guajes property in Guerrero. Indicated resources include 0.35 M tonnes @ 7.82 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, 0.27% Cu, containing 89 K Oz Au, 71 K Oz Ag, and inferred resources include 1.33 M tonnes @ 7.58 g/t Au, 11.5 g/t Ag, 0.6% Cu, containing 324 K Oz Au, 490 K Oz Ag. Near term production is expected from the deposit, as the access ramp is now less than 170 m from the skarn rocks that host it.
- Corex Gold Corp. is continuing construction and mining activities at its Santana project in Sonora. To date over 23 K tonnes have been placed on the first leach pad, and metal leaching is expected to start later in April. A second leach pad will be supplied with finer crush material, with the results from the two heaps aiding to optimize the process.
- Golden Minerals Co. released a new resource estimate for its Santa Maria property in Chihuahua. “Due to an adjustment in the precise location of the claim, the updated property position results in an approximate 25 percent reduction to the previously announced inferred resource estimate…”. Indicated resources stand at 180 k tonnes @ 304 g/t Ag, 1.4 g/t Au, for 1.73 M Oz Ag, 8.1 K Oz Au, and inferred resources at 120 k tonnes @ 343 g/t Ag, 1.0 g/t Au, for 1.37 M Oz Ag, 1.64 K Oz Au, with an expected dilution of 10% and 19% respectively.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. disclosed mineral resource estimates for its six mining units in Mexico and one advanced project: La Encantada in Coahuila, La Parrilla in Durango, Del Toro in Zacatecas, San Martin in Jalisco, La Guitarra in Estado de Mexico, Santa Elena in Sonora, and La Joya in Durango, with the consolidated figures on the following table:
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. announced the completion of the sale of its interest on the El Gachi property in Sonora, to First Majestic Silver Corp. for total consideration of US$2.5 M plus VAT. The company made payments to JMET LLC (US$0.75 M) and Minera Hochschild Mexico (US$0.5 M + VAT), leaving a non-interest balance of US$1.5 M owing to JMET related to previous restructuring fees. Having divested El Gachi to First Majestic and the San Felipe project to Americas Silver, the company is now to focus on its production assets, The Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and the Rosario project in San Luis Potosi.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced that Minera Hecla S.A. has exercised its right to extend the lease of Golden’s oxide mill in Durango, through December 2018. At HECLA’s anticipated average 400 tonnes per day production rate, Golden anticipates net cash of approximately $0.4 M per month.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, A hydrothermal breccia hosted in intrusive rocks stands out in a stream polished face, located in the Soconusco region of Chiapas. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
TAMPA, Fla., March 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMEX), a pioneer in the field of deep-ocean exploration, reports results for full year ended December 31, 2016.
- Generated $4.7 million in revenue from operations, compared to $3.4 million in revenue from operations in 2015, a 38% increase.
- Continued to actively manage costs, reducing operating expenses 43% from prior year
- Decreased net loss 65% from $18.2 million in 2015 to $6.3 million in 2016, with the net loss per share decreased from $2.46 in 2015 to $.84 per share in 2016.
- Launched CLIO Offshore, a division of Odyssey, which is focused on generating cash from the provision of services to the third-party clients including survey, remotely operated vehicle (ROV) and recovery services. This allows us to leverage our seasoned technical team and assets between major projects.
- Completed the first contract for offshore services for our shipwreck business partner using Odyssey technology and marine personnel, resulting in revenue of $2.9 million.
- Continued to support subsidiaries’ pursuit of environmental approval to begin recovery of phosphate sands from the Don Diego project and development of additional mineral projects.
The new CyPlus Idesa sodium cyanide production plant was officially opened with an inauguration ceremony in Coatzacoalcos (Veracruz, Mexico) in the presence of Dr. Klaus Engel, chairman of the executive board of Evonik Industries and Patricio Gutiérrez Fernandez, chairman of CyPlus Idesa.
CyPlus Idesa is a joint venture between German Evonik and Mexican Grupo IDESA.
The new sodium cyanide plant has a capacity of 40,000 metric tons and uses state-of-the-art hydrocyanic acid and cyanide technologies. Special attention was dedicated to the compliance of all environmental and safety regulations, ensuring that production of sodium cyanide complies with the provisions of the “International Cyanide Management Code” (ICMC).
Gold and silver mining operations use sodium cyanide to extract precious metals from the mineral. Mexico is the number one producer of silver in the world and ranks among the top 15 producers of gold worldwide.
“The new local production facility will make us an even better and more flexible supplier for our customers in the region. The facility represents another important step in the growth strategy of Evonik,” said Engel.
During the 4th week of the year (23rd to 29th January, 2017) at least 18 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, including one preliminary production report for 2016. ON EXPLORATION, four companies presented exploration updates. One company with mines in, Jalisco, Durango and Guanajuato, and advanced properties in Chihuahua, Jalisco and Zacatecas is to drill 64,000 meters in 2017. In Sonora trench sampling results were released from a lithium property. In Chihuahua results of a PIMA-XRD survey on a high sulfidation property were released. Underground samples returned high grade silver values on a vein system in Zacatecas. ON MINING, Avino Silver and Endeavour presented production guidance for 2017, and Fresnillo increased silver production during 2016. ON FINANCING, Four companies conducted financial operations, for a hefty total of $358.35 M, with the majority arising from Fortuna Silver and Alamos Gold bought deals. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, one company reported high grade step-outs on its Mexico State mine. In Chihuahua metallurgical results were presented for a silver property. In Durango a PFS was presented on one property, while a maiden resource was presented for another one. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, the last installment to earn an interest on a tailings property in Zacatecas was completed.
- Arian Silver Corp. released results from exploration at its La Africana property in Zacatecas. Consistent high grade results from underground sampling range 200 – 1,200 g/t Ag, with Pb and Zn credits. Sampling results include 2.4 m @ 445 g/t Ag, 0.28% Pb, 0.49% Zn; 4.97 m @ 260 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.37% Zn; 3.45 m @ 184 g/t Ag, 0.65% Pb, 0.34% Zn; 4.46 m @ 178 g/t Ag, 0.33% Pb, 0.44% Zn; 3.35 m @ 198 g/t Ag, 0.67% Pb, 0.29% Zn; 4.95 m @ 319 g/t Ag, 0.71% Pb, 0.37% Zn.
- Alix Resources Corp. presented trench sampling results from the Agua Fria zone of the Elektra project in Sonora, which include 146.5 m @ 712 ppm Li, 2.6% K; 30 m @ 954 ppm Li, 2.1% K; 103.2 m @ 758 ppm Li, 2.3% K. Also metallurgical testing has commenced on Li enriched clays, with 24 trench samples sent for assessment. On the Agua Fria North zone, nine channel samples averaged 1,069 ppm Li, with a peak of 1,340 ppm Li.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. plans to drill 64,000 metres and spend $15.2 M on brownfield and greenfield exploration, development engineering and land payments on its properties. At El Compas in Zacatecas, a $3 M exploration budget includes 3,000 m of drilling and an 800 m long exploration adit. At Terronera in Jalisco, the $2.3 M budget is to cover 10,000 m of drilling to test other mineralized veins, complete the PFS and advance site infrastructure. At Parral $3.0 M are to drill 18,000 m to confirm a portion of the historical resource, testing multiple greenfields high-grade and bulk tonnage silver targets. A 5,000 m drill program will be conducted at Guadalupe y Calvo in Chihuahua.
- Mammoth Resources Corp. reported results from its PIMA-XRD surface program at its Tenoriba property in Chihuahua. According to the company, 202 samples were collected on 14 lines 1 – 2 km in length, separated 500 m of each other; the dickite, pyrophyllite and smectite signatures define some corridors with greater favorability to contain economic gold mineralization in the high sulphidation epithermal environment. Tighter line spacing is to follow in to the Carneritos and Moreno zones, and expansion of the survey to other targets.
- Avino Silver and Gold Mines Ltd. summarized 2016 operations, and provided guidance for 2017. At Avino and San Gonzalo mines 1.6 M Oz Ag, 7,119 Oz Au and 4.2 M Lb Cu were produced during 2016. Commercial production on the Avino mine commenced on April 1st , 2016, a new power line was completed and construction of a new tailings storage facility was initiated. For 2017 capital expenditures at the two mine sites is estimated USD$12.2 M, including a mill expansion, mining equipment, tailing storage facility and exploration.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. provided 2017 production and cost guidance for its Guanaceví (Durango), Bolañitos (Guanajuato) and El Cubo (Guanajuato) mines. At Guanaceví 1.0 – 1.2 K tonnes per day (tpd) will be processed, to produce 2.4– 2.6 M Oz Ag, 5.3 – 6.3 K Oz Au; at Bolañitos 1.0 – 1.1 tpd are to be processed to produce 0.9 -1.0 M Oz Ag, 21.5 – 22.5 K Oz Au; at El Cubo 1.3 – 1.5 K tpd will be processed to produce 1.9 -2.1 M Oz Ag, 50.0 – 53.0 K Oz Au. Cash cost is expected to be $6.50 – $7.50 per silver ounce, net of gold by-product credits, and AISC on the same basis is estimated to be $14 – $15 per silver ounce. Investments for $43.3 M are planned on capital projects, primarily for mine development (16.7 km) to access reserves and resources.
- Fresnillo PLC produced 50.3 M Oz Ag during 2016, a 7.1% increase year on year, and established a production goal of 58 – 61 M Oz Ag for 2017 from its six mines in Mexico. The increase in 2016 was supported by initial production from San Julian, in Chihuahua, and higher silver grades at Ciénega in Durango and Fresnillo in Zacatecas.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. entered into a bought deal agreement to sell shares for total gross proceeds of US$65 M (San Jose, Oaxaca).
- Alix Resources Corp. arranged a non-brokered private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of $350 K (Elektra, Sonora).
- Alamos Gold Inc. announced it has entered into a bought deal agreement with a syndicate of underwriters led by TD Securities Inc., BMO Capital Markets and Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd., which if carried in its entirety will accrue US$288 M aggregate gross proceeds (Mulatos, Sonora).
- Marlin Gold Ltd. informed that due to record free cash from its La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa, the company repaid US$5.5 M of principal one year early from its unsecured facility to affiliates of Wexford Capital LP., Marlin’s controlling shareholder. After the payment, Marlin cash and refined gold stands at $8.5 M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Impact Silver Corp. announced more high-grade drill results from San Ramon Deeps, in its Zacualpan operation in Mexico State. True width drill intercepts include 2.73 m @ 265 g/t Ag, ; 4.12 m @ 1,613 g/t Ag, 0.47 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.7% Zn; 11.08 m @ 248 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 4.82 m @ 242 g/t Ag, 0.18 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.3% Zn; 2.15 m @ 282 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 0.45 m @ 1,014 g/t Ag, 0.18 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 1.48 m @ 655 g/t Ag, 1% Pb, 1.5% Zn; 0.58 m @ 1,185 g/t Ag, 0.14 g/t Au, 2.1% Pb, 2.5% Zn. The zone remains open up, down and to the north.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. reported results from preliminary metallurgical testing on its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua. The study indicates a marked improvement in silver recovery from 38% using standard leaching to 44% – 52% using a technique developed by SILVOX Technologies Inc. Some incomplete test suggest the process can achieve 54% – 58% silver recoveries.
- Telson Resources Inc. informed that a pre-feasibility study (PFS) technical report has been filed on its Tahuehueto project in Durango. The project envisages a 790 tpd overhand cut and fill mine, and a 550 tpd flotation plant to produce Pb, Cu and Zn concentrates during the 21 year mine life, with annual production averaging 16.1 K Oz Au, 177.1 K Oz Ag, 0.9 M Lb Cu, 3.2 M Lb Pb and 5.6 M Lb Zn. The current probable mineral reserves stand at 3.3 M tonnes @ 3.4 g/t Au, 41.8 g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu, 1.1% Pb, 2.0% Zn. The study portrays a post-tax net present value (NPV) of $77 M (using an 8% discount rate), and pre-production capital costs of $32.2 M.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced a NI-43-101 compliant maiden resource for its Rodeo property in Durango. Two resource estimates were prepared, one for mill processing comprising indicated open pit resources of 0.4 M tonnes (0.83 g/t AuEq cutoff) @ 3.3 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag, for a total of 46 K Oz Au, 0.2 M Oz Ag, with expected recoveries of 77% Au, 90% Ag; and a second scenario with an open pit heap leach processing, bearing indicated resources of 3.6 M tonnes @ 0.8 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag containing 94 K Oz Au, 1.4 M Oz Ag and inferred resources of 3.6 M tonnes @ 0.4 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag, containing 47 K Oz Au, 1.3 M Oz Ag, with recoveries of 60% Au, 70% Ag.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mx Gold Corp. has paid remaining installments (totaling $2.5 M) earning a 50% participating ownership interest and 45% net profit participating interest in the Magistral del Oro tailings project in Durango. “The Project includes a fully permitted, 500 tonne-per-day dynamic cyanide countercurrent system plant constructed in 2013 at a cost of approximately $4.5 million, which appears to be in excellent condition.”
On the picture below, pyrite bearing metasediments, south of La Rumorosa, Baja California.
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Dec. 12, 2016) – Alset Energy Corp. (TSX VENTURE:ION) (“Alset” or “the Company”) is pleased to report that 2,043,000 options have been set for new members that have recently been added to the Board of Directors and management team as well as pre-existing members of the team. The options carry an exercise price of $0.13 and expire five years from the date of grant (December 12, 2021) and vest in accordance with the Company’s Stock Option Plan.
Allan Barry Laboucan, President and CEO of Alset Energy said: “Since I took over as the President and CEO, I’ve been able to add a few new members to our team and had outstanding support from the team that was in place before I arrived. We are spreading the options around to new members of our team and all those that have been instrumental in helping me transition into my position. It is important to me that our team and shareholders goals are aligned and we have these options to put out to our team that are working hard for all Alset shareholders.”
Vancouver, British Columbia (FSCwire) – ALIX RESOURCES CORP. (“Alix” or the “Company”) (AIX-TSX:V) (37N–FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce that it has formed a new subsidiary, Upcycle Metals Corp. (“Upcycle”). The goal of Upcycle is to establish a plan of action towards the development of a global recycling operation aimed at retrieving battery metals and materials used in Lithium-ion batteries.
A typical Lithium-ion battery contains about 27.5% LiCoO2, 24.5% steel/Ni, 14.5% Cu/Al, 16% carbon, 3.5% electrolyte and 14% polymer. The goal of the new venture will be to acquire spent Lithium-ion batteries and then extract from them the lithium, cobalt, manganese, aluminum and copper for reuse, utilizing an existing technology. Additionally this activity will provide an audit trail for recycled cobalt, which is currently categorized as a Conflict Mineral.