Thunder Bay, November 21, 2019 – PREMIER GOLD MINES LIMITED (TSX:PG) (OTCPK: PIRGF) (“Premier”, “the Company”) is pleased to announce an update on its 42,000m exploration and delineation core drilling program at the Company’s 100%-owned Mercedes Mine, located in the State of Sonora, Mexico. The 2019 drilling campaign is currently focused on delineating new mineral resources in the Lupita Extension area as well as confirming potentially important discoveries at San Martin and Neo (See Figure 1, Table 1).
VANCOUVER, BC – November 21, 2019 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce additional expansion drill results for the Las Chispas Property (the “Property”) located in Sonora, Mexico. The current drill program on the Las Chispas and Giovanni veins is designed to expand high-grade precious metal mineralization by stepping out from historic underground workings along the down plunging mineralized trend towards intact and previously unmined areas (see attached Figures). Today’s release includes results for six new holes and 17 previously announced holes totaling 23 holes. Thirteen of these 23 holes establish an initial high-grade footprint for this newly defined high-grade zone within a lower horizon of the Las Chispas and Giovanni veins. Hole LC19-118 establishes a new record for the Property returning 8.6 metres grading 7,873 gpt AgEq. This result is particularly impressive given that it is the first intercept of this magnitude returned from the Las Chispas Area, and it is outside the current resource estimate (see technical report titled “Technical Report and Preliminary Economic Assessment for the Las Chispas Property, Sonora, Mexico”, dated effective May 15, 2019, as amended July 19, 2019 (the “PEA”)). The PEA is available on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and the Company’s website (www.silvercrestmetals.com).
CABORCA, Mexico, Nov. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mexus Gold US (OTCQB: MXSG) (“Mexus” or the “Company) confirmed that leaching commenced 11/12/2019 at its Santa Elena mine located in Caborca, Mexico. Initial returns showed .48gpt but slowed due to improper Ph control. To mitigate this problem the company installed an automated Ph/Cyanide aeration control pumping system which was tested and worked as expected. Gold recovery has resumed as well as additional mining of new mineralized material from the Lucky Strike open pit. Mexus President Paul Thompson states this recent correction will allow for a substantial increase in gold recovery from the 1.8gpt Au head ore.
DIEPPE, NB, Nov. 18, 2019 /CNW/ – (CBI: TSX-V) – Colibri Resource Corporation (“Colibri” or the “Company”) wishes to announce that it has received the results of a geological mapping study on its Evelyn gold project from Aurometallum Geological Services.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 46th week of the year (November 11th to November 17th, 2019), at least 23 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, mining investments in Mexico decreased from 8 billion dollars in 2018 to 5 billion dollars in 2019. Camimex held a fiscal seminar in Queretaro. Almaden Minerals published a letter on indigenous population around the Ixtaca project in Puebla. Promperú organized in Hermosillo, Sonora, a Commercial Mission of suppliers to mining in Peru. The top ten silver miners in Mexico produced 39.8 M Oz in the third quarter 2019. The mining industry in Mexico has been subject in the past few years of regulatory hurdles that are having a negative effect in investment in the sector, the last one being the decision by SEMARNAT not to authorize the MIA on the Ixtaca project in Puebla until there is a resolution on a legal suit on a piece of land no longer held by the company running the project. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Evrim updated on exploration of the El Llanito del Nogal property; Magna Gold reported assay results from four more holes at Mercedes. In Sinaloa, Vizsla Resources released high-grade results from rock channel sampling at Panuco. ON MINING, Premier Gold, Golden Minerals, Starcore International, Americas Gold and Silver, Sierra Metals, Odyssey Marine Exploration and Fortuna Silver presented third quarter 2019 results. Consolidated Zinc and Industrias Peñoles signed an offtake agreement on zinc concentrate. ON FINANCING, Tamino Minerals informed on trading volumes. Mexican Gold received TSX approval for the listing of 50 M warrants from a previous financing. Colibri Resources entered into a loan agreement with Agnico Eagle for $300 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Defiance Silver is to start a two-phase technical program at San Acacio, Zacatecas. Endeavour Silver reported positive drill results on recently acquired El Curso concession within its Guanaceví property. Peñoles is to invest $70 M at its processing facilities in Torreon. SilverCrest released high-grade results from drilling at the Babi Vista vein at Las Chispas, in Sonora. Bacanora Lithium updated on project development on its Sonora project. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim signed an agreement with San Marco Resources to acquire the Suanse property in Sonora. Colibri Resources extended an agreement with Agnico Eagle on the disposal of Colibri’s share on the Pitaya project in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Peñoles is conducting courses for children and adults at its Torreon community center. Ternium is organizing health festivals in Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Jalisco, Michoacan, Puebla and San Luis Potosi. Argonaut sponsored the third edition of the La Colorada race, within the pit benches at the mine in Sonora. The “Doctor Vagón” itinerant health clinic sponsored by Grupo Mexico provided service to 550 persons in Gomez Palacio, Durango. La Brisa mining company provided cleaning equipment to the Topia community in Durango. Peñoles mining units source 35% of its energy requirements by removable sources, and expects to reach 100% by 2028.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- During 2019 investments in the mining sector are to reach five billion (5 mil millones) dollars, according to Francisco Quiroga, Subsecretary of Mining. That’s a decrease from the eight billion (8 mil millones) invested in 2018.
- Camimex organized the Seminario Fiscal de la Industria Minera in Queretaro. Camimex compromise is complete on its involvement on the “mesa de diálogo” (dialogue meetings) with the federal government, where proposals to incentivize investment are to be exposed, checking on subjects like the fiscal situation, regulatory environment and security. The head of Camimex, Karen Flores, explained that on the Fraser Institute study Mexico is number 71 of 83 jurisdictions on the fiscal regime. Camimex is for the 100 percent deduction of exploration expenses, and the establishment of pacts of fiscal stability on a 15 to 20 year time frame, as is Peru, Chile and Argentina. In a comparative study, Mexico has the heaviest fiscal load among peers like the US (Arizona), Canada (Ontario), Peru and Chile.
- Minera Gorrión (Almaden) published a letter on indigenous population around the Ixtaca project in Puebla. Although indigenous persons inhabit the area, there is not such an indigenous community within the area of influence of the project. The company stresses the misinformation produced by some activists groups with total impunity, and reaffirms its confidence on institutions and the rule of law.
- Promperú organized in Hermosillo, Sonora, its II Commercial Mission of Suppliers to Mining in Peru. Several conferences were presented by members of the mining communities and governments of both countries.
- The top 10 silver mining companies in Mexico had a solid third quarter. During the period these companies produced 39.8 M Oz, compared with 39.0 M Oz produced on the same quarter a year ago. The top producer is Industrias Peñoles, with 15.3 M Oz almost 40% of that amount and 2.2 M Oz less than the same quarter 2018 (Fresnillo, Saucito, San julian, Sabinas). Newmont was the second largest producer with 7.4 M Oz produced at Peñasquito. Other large producers comprise Southern Copper with 3.9 M Oz (undisclosed units), Pan American with 3.6 M Oz (La Colorada), First Majestic (Santa Elena, San Dimas, among others), Coeur Mining with 1.7 M Oz (Palmarejo), Fortuna Silver with 1.7 M Oz Ag (San José), Minera Frisco 1.1 M Oz (El Coronel, San Felipe, Tayahua, San Francisco del Oro, Concheño and Ocampo), Endeavour Silver 900 K Oz (El Cubo, Bolañitos, Guanceví, and El Compás) and Agnico Eagle 800 K Oz (Pinos Altos).
- Alberto Aguilar, a respected columnist in business circles, elaborated on the hurdles the mining industry is going through with the current federal administration (it fell 3.7% on the third quarter, 2019). Among the issues mentioned is the contraction in mineral production as a result of the imposition of new taxes on mining in 2014, the investment of only 5 billion dollars in 2019 (8 billion in 2018), no concessions have been granted in 2019 and the recurrent illegal blockades without sign of easing. The latest hurdle thrown at the industry is the resolution by SEMARNAT (the Mexican environmental agency) that the Manifestation on Environmental Impact (MIA) for the Ixtaca project in Puebla was not to be granted until a legal suit on a claim no longer held by Minera Gorrion (Almaden Minerals) reaches a resolution. Exploration expenses so far have been $40 M dollars and another $117 M are still to be spent, along with $1.1 B (One billion) to be invested in eleven years (GPM Note.- The head of SEMARNAT, Victor Toledo, is known for its public and vocal anti-mining stance).
- Vizsla Resources Corp. released high-grade channel sampling at its Panuco property in Sinaloa. The sampling locations are widespread within the property and the highlighted results comprise: 0.9 m @ 1,860 gpt Ag, 14.55 gpt Au at the Napoleon vein; 0.5 m @ 1,900 gpt Ag, 29.30 gpt Au at the San Antonio-Cordon de Oro vein; 3.6 m @ 691 gpt Ag, 7.00 gpt Au at the San Carlos-Animas vein; 5.95 m @ 584 gpt Ag, 3.97 gpt Au. Veins in the project have lengths of up to 2.8 km, with known ore shoots of up to 500 m in length.
- Evrim Resources Corp. updated the description on its El Llanito del Nogal property in Sonora. The Suanse porphyry target, is a 1 Km by 600 m area of propylitic to potassic alteration. Soil sampling outlined a 600 m by 500 m Cu anomaly (>100 ppm) in areas of sheeted quartz-chalcopyrite-chlorite-magnetite veins. A ground magnetic survey outlined a donut-shaped anomaly 400 m in diameter and roughly coincident with the soil anomaly. The soil and magnetic anomalies extend northward onto the Suanse claim (see deals section below) where strong argillic, advanced argillic along with vuggy and massive quartz alteration are interpreted as a partially eroded lithocap.
- Magna Gold Corp. reported assay results on the last four RC holes drilled at the La Lamosa target on its Mercedes project in Sonora. Highlighted intervals comprise: 38.10 m @ 0.67 gpt Au, 13.2 gpt Ag (including 6.10 m @ 1.43 gpt Au, 42.9 gpt Ag); 28.96 m @ 0.76 gpt Au, 8.9 gpt Ag (including 7.62 m @ 1.06 gpt Au, 9.3 gpt Ag); 21.34 m @ 1.61 gpt Au, 2.2 gpt Ag (including 3.05 m @ 6.99 gpt Au, 3.9 gpt Ag); 21.34 m @ 1.21 gpt Au, 11.8 gpt Ag (including 3.05 m @ 4.26 gpt Au). Other targets to follow up include the 600 m long La Lamosa East projection, the Mina de Oro 300 m by 150 m silicified/argillized andesite and rhyodacite, the Salto Colorado breccia 400 m by 150 m in size and Noche Buena, forming a prominent ridge in a 900 m by 800 m area with tourmaline breccias.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. Reported operating results for the third quarter 2019, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At Mercedes, in Sonora, 159.4 K tonnes were milled @ 2.94 gpt Au, 22.6 gpt Ag, recovering 95.9% Au, 32.3% Ag to produce 14,481 Oz Au, 37.5 K Oz Ag at co-product cash cost $1,095 per Oz Au, and co-product AISC $1,354 Oz Au.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced financial results for the third quarter 2019. The company had revenue of US$1.9 M and a net operating margin of $1.3 M related to the lease of the Velardeña oxide plant to Hecla Mining Co.. By the end of the period the company had cash and cash equivalents of $2.9 M. During October an agreement was achieved with Magellan Gold Corp. to option a 100% interest in the Santa Maria and Las Marias exploration properties in Chihuahua.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. signed and offtake agreement with Industrias Peñoles S.A. de C.V. for zinc concentrate produced from the Plomosas mine to December 2020, with an option to be extended for a further two years.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. released production results from its San Martin mine in Queretaro for the three months ended on October 31, 2019. During the period 54.1 K tonnes were milled @ 1.78 gpt Au, 34.2 gpt Ag, with a recovery of 87.35% Au, 52.27% Ag to produce 3,050 Oz AuEq.
- Americas Gold and Silver Corp. reported consolidated and operational results for Q3 2019, with undisclosed figures from its Mexican operations (Cosalá, Sinaloa).
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported third quarter 2019 results, including information from its Mexican operations. The company is approaching is production target of 4,250 tpd at Bolivar and 1,200 tpd at Cusi, both in Chihuahua. Bolivar’s cash cost per CuEq Lb was $1.40, and the AISC $2.53. Cusi’s cash cost was $18.77 and AISC $24.60. During the period 9,923 m were drilled from the surface at Bolivar, and 3,220 m within the Cusi mine. At the end of the period cash and cash equivalents were $40.1 M, with a net debt of $50.9 M.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. reported results for the third quarter 2019. Net loss for the period was $4.2 M due to several non-recurring items (Exploraciones Oceánicas project, Baja California Sur).
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported third quarter results for 2019, including figures from its Mexican operations. At San José, in Oaxaca, 268 K tonnes were milled at a rate of 3,046 tpd and a grade of 219 gpt Ag, 1.40 gpt Au, recovering 91% Ag, 91% Au to produce 1.7 M Oz Ag and 10,942 Oz Au at cash cost $7.70 per Oz AgEq and an AISC of $10.80 per Oz AgEq.
- Tamino Minerals Inc. informed that during the third week of September the company traded 145 M shares with a volume of US $1.1 M and a price per share appreciation of US$0.01” (El Volcan, Sonora).
- Mexican Gold Corp. has received TSX Venture Exchange approval for the listing of 50 M warrants from the non-brokered private placement announced in past July.
- Colibri Resource Corp. has entered into a loan agreement with Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. For proceeds of US$300 K. The loan has a 2 year term at a 10% interest rate and proceeds are to be used on the Evelyin project in Sonora.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Defiance Silver Corp. is to start a two-phase technical program at its San Acacio property in Zacatecas. The program envisages evaluating the San Acacio resource at depth and brownfield targets on the Veta Grande system.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported positive initial drill results for El Curso property, adjacent to Endeavour’s Guanaceví mine in Durango. The property includes the Santacruz vein, which is between two Endeavour’s developments. Drilling highlights comprise true width (tw) intervals: 5.2 m @ 0.75 gpt Au, 465 gpt Ag; 2.6 m @ 1.23 gpt Au, 558 gpt Ag; 2.1 m @ 2.51 gpt Au, 935 gpt Ag; 2.5 m @ 0.40 gpt Au, 204 gpt Ag; 5.1 m @ 3.07 gpt Au, 1,182 gpt Ag (including 0.5 m @ 15.22 gpt Au, 5,372 gpt Ag); 4.3 m @ 2.2 gpt Au, 1,021 gpt Ag; 2.7 m @ 1.37 gpt Au, 355 gpt Ag; 6.2 m @ 1.70 gpt Au, 635 gpt Ag.
- Industrias Peñoles S.A.B de C.V. is to invest US$70 M in its Met-Mex installations (in Torreon, Coahuila) to better the silver recovery in zinc concentrates. In 2018, the company commissioned a US$327 M modification on the plant that avoids the generation of additional sulphuric acid by direct concentrate leaching instead of roasting, augmenting the capacity from 240 K to 360 K tonnes of zinc.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced expansion drill results from the Babi Vista vein in the Babicanora area of the Las Chispas project in Sonora. The highlighted true width (tw) intervals from these 17 holes comprise: 2.3 m @ 2.27 gpt Au, 215 gpt Ag; 0.4 m @ 3.55 gpt Au, 385 gpt Ag; 0.9 m @ 4.86 gpt Au, 600 gpt Ag; 0.4 m @ 1.10 gpt Au, 187 gpt Ag; 0.6 m @ 1.09 gpt Au, 92 gpt Ag; 2.0 m @ 1.84 gpt Au, 433 gpt Au, 1.2 m @ 2.56 gpt Au, 296 gpt Ag; 8.8 m @ 7.36 gpt Au, 584 gpt Ag (including 0.3 m @ 120.50 gpt Au, 9,510 gpt Ag; 0.7 m @ 18.15 gpt Au, 1,495 gpt Ag); 6.6 m @ 3.37 gpt Au, 250 gpt Ag (including 0.4 m @ 32.70 gpt Au, 2,940 gpt Ag). So far the high-grade footprint is 150 m along the strike of the vein and 200 m to depth, open in most directions, averaging 2.2 m @ 4.70 gpt Au, 401 gpt Ag.
- Bacanora Lithium plc. updated on project activities at its Sonora Lithium project. Final design work for the mine site, infrastructure, concentrator and kiln sections of the processing plant is in progress. Detailed engineering plans for the design of the front-end concentrator and mechanical processing is underway, as well as the pyrometallurgical engineering, while the hydrometallurgical plant, including the production of the final battery grade lithium product will be engineered by Ganfeng.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp. signed an agreement with San Marco Resources to acquire the Suanse property in Sonora. The 1,115 hectares property is within Evrim’s Llano del Nogal claim. Evrim can acquire 100% interest in the project by making total cash payments of $75 K and granting San Marco a 1% royalty half of which can be repurchased for $1 M. Cash payments are: $25 K on signing, $25 K on signing a JV or partnership with third parties and $25 K upon completion of 1,000 m of drilling.
- Colibri Resource Corp. granted a two-year extension to its agreement with Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., allowing Agnico to exclusively explore opportunities to dispose of Colibri’s working interest in its JV on the 5,564 hectares Pitaya project in Sonora.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- The Peñoles Community Center (Centro Comunitario Peñoles) in Torreon, Coahuila, is conducting courses for children and adults, including English, music, drawing, tae kwon do, tae chi and modern dance and dance for weight reduction.
- Ternium organizes the Health Festivals (Ferias de La Salud) in Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Colima, Jalisco, Michoacan, Puebla and San Luis Potosi, in coordination with several organizations and government institutions. Each year almost 6,000 persons receive this benefit, including cost-free diverse medical examinations (like sight, Papanicolau, mamographies) and flu shots.
- The La Colorada race was held in Sonora for the third time. The race sponsored by Argonaut Gold was attended by hundreds of runners on the benches of La Colorada mine.
- The technical school Roberto Rocca (partly supported by Ternium) is to represent Mexico in the World’s Educative Robotics Tournament, to be held in Shanghai, China.
- The “Doctor Vagón” program sponsored by the Grupo Mexico Foundation (a train adapted for medical services) was four days at Gomez Palacio, Durango, with the aid of the local municipality. During that time 2,200 services were provided to the 550 persons that registered to the effect.
- In Topia, Durango, Minera La Brisa supported the municipality providing cleaning equipment.
- Industrias Mineras Peñoles announced that to 2018 up to 35% of the energy requirements at its mining units is fulfilled by renewable energy sources. The company is striving to reach at least a 50% in 2020 and to be completely reliant on renewable energy sources by 2028.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Gold recovered by artisanal methods from orogenic style quartz veins in Oaxaca.. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
• 8.8 Metres at 1,136 gpt AgEq
• 6.6 Metres at 502 gpt AgEq
VANCOUVER, BC – November 14, 2019 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce expansion drill results for the Babi Vista Vein in the Babicanora Area of the Las Chispas Project (“Las Chispas”) located in the state of Sonora, Mexico. The drilling announced today has defined the initial high-grade footprint of the recently discovered Babi Vista Vein (“Babi Vista”, see attached Figures). These drill results show wider and higher-grade vein mineralization to depth, including hole BV19-03 with 8.8 metres (true width) grading 1,136 gpt AgEq. The 17 expansion drill holes released today are in addition to the five drill holes in the Babi Vista Vein previously announced on February 25, 2019. The initial high-grade footprint is approximately 200 metres high by 150 metres along vein strike, and open in most directions. Based on total drilling to date within the Babi Vista highgrade footprint, the initial estimated average true width and grade of the vein is 2.2 metres grading 4.70 grams per tonne (“gpt”) gold (“Au”) and 401.1 gpt silver (“Ag”), or 753 gpt silver equivalent (“AgEq”, based on assumptions defined in the table below).
Vancouver B.C. November 14, 2019: Evrim Resources Corp. (TSX.V:EVM) (“Evrim” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has signed an agreement (the “Agreement”) with San Marco Resources (“San Marco”) to acquire the Suanse Property in Sonora, Mexico. The Suanse Property covers 1,115 hectares of ground within Evrim’s larger Llano del Nogal claim block and lies immediately north of Evrim’s Suanse porphyry target (see Evrim’s news release dated October 12, 2016). Evrim’s Llano del Nogal project is located in the prolific Laramide porphyry belt of northern Mexico between the world-class Buenavista (Cananea) and La Caridad porphyry copper mines; it is one of the few undrilled porphyry copper-epithermal gold-silver systems on the trend.
Bacanora Lithium plc (AIM: BCN), the London traded lithium company, is pleased to provide an update on its activities at the Sonora Lithium Project in Mexico (‘Sonora’ or the ‘Project’) following the recent completion of the Strategic Investment by leading global lithium company Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. (‘Ganfeng’).
Mn oxide-calcite fault vein-bx
By Miguel A Heredia
During the forty-five week of the year (November 4th to November 10th, 2019), at least 37 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with nine communicating production and financial results, eight disclosing deals and corporate issues, six announcing financial rounds, five informing on exploration results, four reporting on resources and development of their projects, three commenting on Mexican issues, and two discussing issues on social responsibility. ON MEXICO ISSUES, according to the Director of Mines of Zacatecas, there are five new mine projects in the state to be developed in 2020. Newmont-Goldcorp restated the dialogue process with the Cedros community on its Peñasquito mines in Zacatecas. Local communities and small local merchants expressed their support for the continuity of the Peñasquito mine. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Silver Viper mobilized an exploration crew to its Virginia project to commence a drilling program at the El Rubi target area, and Oceanus reported underground and surface sampling results from its El Tigre project. In Sinaloa, Vizsla reported underground sampling from its Panuco-Copala project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold outlined a km long by 400-500m wide chargeability anomaly at its Tabasqueña project. In Jalisco, GoGold released drill results from 4 holes collared at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Alio Gold, Argonaut, Coeur, Endeavour, Excellon, First Majestic, Hecla, Leagold, and Pan American presented Q3 2019 production and financial results from its Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Discovery Metals closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $19M (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Goldplay closed a brokered private placement for $3M (San Marcial project, Sinaloa).Solaris Copper announced its intention to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to CAD $5.5M (La Verde, Michoacan). Advance Gold closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $113K (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). Orex announced that intends to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $1M (Sandra-Escobar project, Durango). San Marco revised its previously announced non-brokered private placement and now intends to rise gross proceeds for up to CAD $376.6K. It also closed subscription books for unit and flow through shares private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $40K (Chunibas project, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Capstone announced high grade Cu-Ag results from 103 infill and step-out drill holes at its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Vizsla closed its option agreement to acquire 100% interest of Panuco-Copala project in Sinaloa. Torex extended mineralization 150m below current reserves at its El Limon Deep deposit in Guerrero. Mexus announced that its Merrill Crowe Au recover plant is complete and operational at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Mag Silver informed about the activities carried out at its Juanicipio project mine development in Zacatecas during Q3, 2019. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Colibri received TSX approval for its acquisition of Yaque Minerals (Mezquite and Jackie projects, Sonora). Vizsla closed its option agreement to acquire 100% interest in Panuco-Copala property in Sinaloa. Great Panther announced the appointment of its VP Exploration and VP People & Culture (Topia mine, Durango). Solaris Copper announced management changes of its team (La Verde project, Michoacan). Starcore presented results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Martin mine, Queretaro). Mako Mining provided a corporate update and status of its Mexican operation. Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán, a subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines revealed that it is analyzing to invest in a new plant in Mexico (San Jose mine, Oaxaca). Minera Autlán announced its intention to raise its commitment to gold (Lluvia de Oro-La Jojoba, Sonora). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Agnico Eagle participated in the reconstruction of the drinking water system at Yepachi, Chihuahua, with a total investment of MXP $4M. Argonaut participated in multiple social programs related to their Mexican operations.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Secretariat of Economy in Zacatecas, through its Director of Mines, revealed that new five mines will be developed in the state in 2020, standing out Juanicipio in Fresnillo, Camino Rojo in Mazapil , and San Nicolas in Villa Garcia municipalities. Zacatecas is one of the most prolific areas for mining in the country; however, he is aware of the social problems faced by some of the mining companies which operate in the state. He informed that the local government seeks to generate the conditions for mining companies to invest safely in new projects.
- Newmont-Goldcorp Corporation, restated the dialogue process with the community of Cedros, municipality of Mazapil on Peñasquito mine. A new agreement was signed for the community delegates, with a strong commitment of both parties, by the community not to block again the mine and from the company to attend on time the concerns and proposal from the Ejido.
- Local communities and small local merchants, expressed their support for the continuity of Peñasquito mine. The communities of Cedros, El Rosario, La Pardita, Sábana Grande, Tanquecillos, Tecolotes, Mazapil and El Trigo said they are in favor of the Peñasquito Mine, stating that it has provided benefits to their families. At a press conference, representatives of the aforementioned communities reported that thanks to the company they have work, so they asked the state government to support them and that, through the dialogue avoids a new block. They affirmed that they are against the blockades and the definitive closure of the mine, since this one supports around 25 communities. They said the mining company has provided a source of work to the people of the communities and do not want it to disappear.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., mobilized an exploration crew to its Virginia project in Sonora to commence a phase II drilling program at El Rubi target area, where previous drilling carried out in 2018 intersected 3.18 g/t Au and 228 g/t Ag (6.42 g/t AuEq) over 6m of true width. Phase II will test the extension of this structure along trend and at depth on 50m sections with the aim of generating enough information for maiden resource estimation at El Rubi.
- Oceanus Resources Corporation, presented underground and surface sampling results from the Caleigh, Canon Combination and Protectora Veins at its El Tigre project in Sonora. In the Caleigh Vein, underground channel sample ETU-1007 returned 1,896 g/t Ag and 6.4 g/t Au (2,376 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m, and ETU-1006 returned 1,971 g/t Ag and 4.64 g/t Au (2,318 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m. In the Canon Combination Vein, underground channel sample ETU-1012 returned 1,794 g/t Ag and 0.25 g/t Au (1,813 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m. In the Protectora Vein, underground channel sample returned 378 g/t Ag and 2.01 g/t Au (529 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m. Surface samples collected on this vein reported 374 g/t Ag and 3.32 g/t Au over 0.7m wide; 192 g/t Ag and 0.57 g/t Au (235 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m wide; and 169 g/t Ag and 1.0 g/t Au (244 g/t AgEq) over 0.50m wide. “The results from the mapping and sampling of the underground workings and at surface present a series of high priority drill targets over a 2 kilometer strike length north of the old El Tigre Mine, which we intend to drill.”
- Vizsla Resources Corp., reported encouraging underground sampling results from its Panuco-Copala project in Sinaloa. Highlights results from the underground sampling at the San Carlos mine are 5.65 g/t Au and 612 g/t Ag (1,120 g/t AgEq) over 6m on development level 4, including 10.5 g/t Au and 1,120 g/t Ag (1,960 g/t AgEq) over 3m; 2.55 g/t Au and 517 g/t Ag (721 g/t AgEq) over 4.5m on development level 5, including 3.51 g/t Au and 721 g/t Ag (1.002 g/t AgEq) over 3m; and 2.12 g/t Au and 298 g/t Ag (468 g/t AgEq) over 5.5m on development level 4, including 3.76 g/t Au and 591 g/t Ag (892 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m. These results are part of a mapping and sampling program to better understand mineralization at Panuco project.
- Advance Gold Corp., completed a second phase of a 3D-IP survey and has outlined a N-S trending chargeability anomaly of 1km long by 400-500m wide on its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. It remains open in both directions as well as at depth. A number of boreholes are now planned to intersect this anomaly.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drill results from 4 new holes collared at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Three of the 4 holes were drilled at El Troce area and significant intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-19-059 with 0.94 g/t Au and 134 g/t Ag (2.72 g/t AuEq) over 11m, including 1.95 g/t Au and 277 g/t Ag (5.65 g/t AuEq) over 3.5m; and hole LRGG-19-60 with 0.32 g/t Au and 66 g/t Ag (1.19 g/t AuEq) over 16m, including 83 g/t Au and 162 g/t Ag (2.98 g/t AuEq) over 3m. Hole LRGG-19-57 was drilled at the Main area and intersected 0.91 g/t Au and 131 g/t Ag (2.65 g/t AuEq) over 14.1m, including 2.14 g/t Au and 253 g/t Ag (5.50 g/t AuEq) over 5.3m. GoGold completed in Mid-October 2019, a phase 1 drilling program which consisted of 10,000m, and has already started a second phase of drilling, adding a third rig machine to the program.
- Alio Gold Inc., continued with processing of low grade stock pile at its san Francisco mine in Sonora, resulting in the placement of 12.8K Oz Au on the pad. The company announced that the low grade stock pile will be exhausted in Q4, 2019, after which crushing will cease, and operations will solely focus on recovery of the residual inventory ounces.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., presented Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its Mexican operations. The company produced 44.7K Oz AuEq at a cash cost of USD $901 per Oz Au produced and sold 45.6K Oz Au at an AISC of USD $1,134 per Oz Au sold. It also reported revenue for USD $66.8, cash flow from operating activities before changes in operating working capital of USD $17.2M, net income of USD $4.9M, adjusted net income of USD $6.5M, and a net cash increase of USD $11.7M. Argonaut also reported mine by mine production results for the period Q3, 2019. At El Castillo Complex in Durango, it milled 4.8M tonnes of 0.35 g/t Au to produced 30.3K Oz AuEq. At El Castillo, 2.4M tonnes of 0.39 g/t Au were milled to produce 14.3K Oz Au and 23.3K Oz Ag. This mine sold 14.6K Oz Au and 16.3K Oz Ag in this quarterly period, at a cash cost of $1,038 per Oz Au sold. At San Agustin, 2.4M tonnes were milled with a grade of 0.32 g/t Au to produce 15.2K Oz Au and 36.9K Oz Ag. This mine sold 15.7K Oz Au and 15K Oz Ag in this quarterly period, at a cash cost of $848 per Oz Au sold. At La Colorada, Sonora, the company milled 1.45M tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au, to produced 14K Oz Au and 33.6K Oz Ag. La Colorada sold 13.8K Oz Au and 34K Oz Ag at a cash cost of $800 per Oz Au sold.
- Coeur Mining Inc., announced Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. It milled 442,464 tons of 2.8 g/t Au and 152 g/t Ag to, with a metallurgical recoveries of 81.7% and 79.6% respectively, to produce 31.8K Oz Au and 1.72M Oz Ag. Adjusted costs applicable to sales were USD $660 per Oz Au and USD $8.95 per Oz Ag. Coeur reported cash flow from operating activities of USD $36.3M and total capital expenditures of USD $7.8M for a total free cash flow of USD $28.5M.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported consolidated Q3, 2019 financial and production results from its four Mexican operations: Guanacevi mine in Durango, Bolañitos and El Cubo in Guanajuato, and El Compas in Zacatecas. The company processed 234, 196 tonnes to produce 948.5K Oz Ag and 9.7K Oz Au (1.72M Oz AgEq), at a cash cost of $11.51 per Oz Ag produced and AISC of $21.53.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its Platosa mine in Durango. The company mined 18,167 tonnes and processed 17,235 tonnes with grades of 512 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, and 6% Zn, to produce 257.5K Oz Ag, 1.3M Lb Pb, and 1.65M Lb Zn (427.1K Oz AgEq), at a cash cost per Oz Ag payable of $18.18 and AISC net of by-products per Oz Ag payable of $28.46. Metallurgical recoveries were 87.2%, 77.7%, and 76.5% for Ag, Pb, and Zn respectively. Excellon reported revenues for $5.9M, a net loss of $2.9M, and a net working capital of $$9.0M.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., presented Q3 production results from its Mexican operations. The company reported revenues for $97M, a net loss of $8.6M, operating cash flow before movements in working capital and taxes of $34.6M, cash and cash equivalent of $118.6M, and a working capital of $149.2M. The below table shows the mine by mine production results:
- Hecla Mining Company, announced Q3 production and financial results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. It produced 541.6K Oz Ag and 3.7K Oz Au at an AISC of $$7.21 per Oz Ag.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, produced from its Los Filos mine in Guerrero, 40,922 Oz Au at an AISC of $1,001 per Oz Au produced, and sold 41,343 Oz Au during Q3, 2019, with associated revenue of $58.6M.
- Pan America Silver Corp., reported Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its la Colorada, Zacatecas and Dolores, Chihuahua mines. At La Colorada, the company produced 2.1M Oz Ag and 1,200 Oz Au, at a cash cost of $2.82 per Oz Ag and an AISC of $4.03 per Oz Ag. At Dolores, it produced 1.5M Oz Ag and 33.1K Oz Au, at an AISC of $7.45 per Oz.
- Discovery Metals Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $19M, including $5M investment from Eric Sprott, which represents 19.9% of the interest of Discovery on a non-diluted basis. Proceeds will be used to continue the exploration programs at its exploration properties (Cordero project, Chihuahua, Puerto Rico project, Coahuila).
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., closed a brokered private placement financing of $3M. Gross proceeds will be used to continue resource expansion drilling including underground and surface exploration on its san Marcial project in Sinaloa.
- Solaris Copper Inc., announced its intention to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to CAD $5.5M. Gross proceeds will be used to advance permitting, exploration, and drilling activities at their projects. (La Verde project, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp., closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $113K. The company will use the gross proceeds to advance its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas.
- Orex Minerals Inc., announced its intention to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $1M. Orex will use the net proceeds to maintain its 40% share of the Sandra Escobar project in Durango and fund its 40% share of the upcoming work program, and to make the necessary payments under its option to acquire 100% of the San Luis del Cordero project, Durango, and for general corporate and capital purposes.
- San Marco Resources Inc., revised its previously announced non-brokered private placement and now intends to rise gross proceeds for up to CAD $376.6K. It also closed subscription books for unit and flow through shares private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $40K (Chunibas project, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Capstone Mining Corp., announced high grade Cu-Ag results from 103 infill and step-out drill holes from 200 hole program at its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Aim of this program is more than double the current reserve base. Significant drill intersection were encountered in hole CG-19-U498 with 5.02% Cu, 0.4% Zn, and 72 g/t Ag over a true width of 12.3m, including 9.02% Cu, 0.7% Zn, and 127 g/t Ag; in hole CG-18-S381 with 7.27% Cu, 0.3% Zn, and 220 g/t Ag over a true width of 5.1m; in hole CG-18-S372 with 5.53% Cu, 0.2% Zn, and 117 g/t Ag over a true width of 20.1m, including 11.32% Cu, 0.3% Zn, and 242 g/t Ag over a true width of 6.4m.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported drilling results from its 2019 exploration program at its El Limon-Guajes complex deposit in Guerrero. The drilling program has been successful in extending mineralization 150m below current reserves at its El Limon Deep deposit. Significant mineralization was encountered in hole LDUG-039 with 15.6 g/t Au over 38m; in hole LDUG-049 with 20.9 g/t Au over 12m, and in hole LDUG-056 with 15.7 g/t Au over 16.8m. El Limon Deep deposit remains open down dip and along strike.
- Mexus Gold US, announced that its Merrill Crowe Au recovery plant at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora is complete and operational. “The plant is capable of handling Mexus’3000 ton a week mining operation and will allow for future expansion as well”.
- Mag Silver Corp., informed about the activities carried out at its Juanicipio project mine development in Zacatecas during Q3, 2019. The company reported that “earthmoving and foundation preparation commenced for the construction of the 4,000 tpd beneficiation plant. Mill fabrication is progressing on schedule, and both the SAG and ball mills are expected to be shipped to site early 2020. Flotation cells, processing tanks and minor process equipment pieces are starting to arrive on site. Thickener tanks and drive and rakes fabrication are well advanced. Underground development has now reached 23Km of development and continues. According to the operator, Fresnillo plc, permitting for the tailings impoundments should be completed in the fourth quarter of this year and mill construction is on track for commissioning by late 2020”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Colibri Resources Corporation, received TSX approval for its acquisition of Yaque Minerals by a CAD$ 1M payment by way of a 5-years convertible debenture bearing 2.5% annual interest and carries a $0.20 per share conversion privilege. The Yaque´s acquisition includes two projects in Sonora: El Mezquite and Jackie, located less than 10Km east of the Nicho deposit owned by Minera Alamos, which is expected to start production in 2020, with initial production of 25K-30K Oz Au per year, with a mine life of more than 6 years. El Mezquite is a 2km by 1km N-S trending hydrothermal alteration zone on silicified feldspar porphyry, with a potential Au target area of at least 600m by 300m. A 3D-IP survey was carried out on this anomalous area which resulted in the identification of chargeability and resistivity anomalies underlying the surface area of potential. 321 grab samples have been collected of which 13% returned Au values oscillating from 0.1 to 3.41 g/t Au. Jackie is located 2km south of the El Mezquite but it has seen very little exploration work to date. Some prospecting work is planned for 2020.
- Vizsla Resources Corp., closed its previously announced option agreement on November 5, to acquire 100% interest in Panuco-Copala property in Sinaloa. Vizsla confirmed that it has previously loaned USD $700K to Canam in order to satisfy the initial payment due under the terms of the options.
- Great Panther Mines Limited, announced the appointment of its VP Exploration and VP People & Culture (Topia mine, Durango).
- Solaris Copper Inc., announced management changes of its team, appointed its CEO, CFO, VP Corporate Affairs and Corporate Secretary, and a new member to its Board of Directors (La Verde project, Michoacan).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Mako Mining Corp., provided a corporate update and status of its Mexican operation. At its la Trinidad mine in Sinaloa, Au production is nearing conclusion, with Au sales being used to fund ongoing reclamation and severance costs. Mining and process plant equipment has been moved to USA and the lab equipment will be moved to Nicaragua soon. Mako has reported that has not been successful in receiving any insurance for damages caused by Hurricane Willa at its Trinidad mine in October, 2018. It has filed a lawsuit for over USD $7M against the Insurance Company. Mako also announced that it has reached an agreement with the primary mining contractor on the debt of approximately USD $11.3M. “Despite being ring-fenced from the rest of Mako’s corporate structure, the Company chose to settle with the contractor by making a USD $4M upfront payment and agreeing to make two additional USD $1M payments 12 months and 24 months from signing of the settlement agreement. As this liability was being accounted for at approximately USD$11.3M, a substantial accounting gain is expected in the next quarterly report.
- Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán , a subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines, analyzes to invest in a new mining plant located 40km from its San Jose mine, Oaxaca. The company asked government support to mediate between the company and the communities, since the new plant will require between USD $200-300M. The decision has to be taken next year, so they need the support of the authorities to reach a social agreement with the communities.
- Compañía Minera Autlán, A.B .de C.V., announced its intention to raise its commitment to gold. The intention of that business and the integration towards gold was always to reach 20 to 25% of the top line and about 30 to 35% of the operating cash flow (EBITDA). In addition, the company estimates they will close this year with and investment of USD $35M to support other areas of its business, to add USD $45 M in an integrated way (Lluvia de Oro-La Jojoba, Sonora).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, participated, along with the municipal presidency of Yepachi, Chihuahua, in the reconstruction of the drinking water system for this community. Yepachi is the second largest community in this area and has years of lag in terms of the supply and quality of drinking water. A total of MXP $4M will be invested, an amount that will be contributed by 50% by the municipal presidency and the other part will be borne by Agnico Eagle, which operates within the territory of the Yepachi Ejido.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., has participated in several programs with the communities where the company operates. At La Colorada, Sonora, Argonaut signed a health collaborative agreement with the Centro de Rehabilitación Integral Teletón and hosted a cultural event with the Cultural Institute of Sonora. In Durango, participated in collaboration with the local government in an interactive learning pavilion where local attendees and families could know about the company´s mining activities and projects. It also sponsored an international forum on geological and mining heritage organized by the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California Sur, to discuss possible historical tourism and ecotourism in mining communities. Finally, Argonaut hosted students’ interactive workshops in the municipality of Dolores, Hidalgo in the village of san Anton in Guanajuato, Mexico, and hosted a soprano singer and the Latin American quartet at the Mining Cultural Centre of the Mexican chamber of commerce in Mexico City.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a Mn oxides-calcite fault vein-bx structure from a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, BC. Silver Viper Minerals Corp. (the “Company” or “Silver Viper”) (TSX-V: VIPR) is pleased to announce mobilization of an exploration crew to La Virginia. The Company plans to commence diamond drilling over key target areas at the La Virginia Gold-Silver Project, located in the Sierra Madre of eastern Sonora state, Mexico. The upcoming program is designed to build on the success of the Company’s previous phase of work and will include drilling at the El Rubi Discovery, a previously undrilled gold-silver bearing target tested for the first time ever by Silver Viper in 2018.