TORONTO and NEW YORK, March 6, 2020 – Magna Gold Corp. (TSXV: MGR, OTCQB: MGLQF) (“Magna” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into a definitive purchase agreement (the “Definitive Agreement”) with Timmins GoldCorp Mexico S.A. de C.V. (“Timmins”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alio Gold Inc. (“Alio”), to acquire the San Francisco Mine (defined below) located in Sonora, Mexico (the “Acquisition”).
By Jorge Cirett
Amidst the Coronavirus widespread suspension of activities, including mining and exploration, decreed by the Mexican government, a record number of press releases was issued. During the 14th week of the year (March 30th to April 5th, 2020), at least 57 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, of which 20 were on how companies were dealing with the situation. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a national decree by the federal government suspended all non-essential activities, which include mining and exploration, until the end of April. The DGM (Mining Regulator) is to manage everything through electronic channels during the Coronavirus contingency (in practical terms, do not expect anything done during this period of time). Previous to the federal government decree, the Sonoran government ordered the stoppage of all work on the mines on the State. Mexico is well poised for a substantial growth in lead and zinc production in 2020 (although the work suspension on mines might prevent it). ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Silver Viper released more drilling results on El Rubi zone of its La Virgina project. Tocvan Ventures commenced geophysical and soil survey programs at its Pilar project. In Chihuahua, Discovery Metals and Kootenay Silver announced the suspension of activities at its Cordero and Columba projects respectively. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver announced the suspension of activities at El Copalito. Advance Gold released drilling information on its Tabaqueña project. ON MINING, Mag Silver, Excellon Resources and Odyssey Marine Exploration presented 2019 results. First Majestic plans to invest $46 M in capital expenditures at its Santa Elena project. GoGold completed the commissioning of a SART palnt at its Parral tailings facilities. Equinox plans to produce 170 K – 190 K Oz Au during 2020 at Los Filos, Guerrero, and invest a total of $75 M. ON FINANCING, Orla Mining closed a bought deal for C$75 M. Mithrill is to conduct a rights issue for share holders in Australia and New Zealand to raise $2.45 M. Southern Silver announced the exercise of 2015 and 2016 warrants and options, raising $1.25 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, First Majestic updated the mineral resource estimate on seven of its Mexican properties. Sierra Metals updated the mineral resource estimate on Bolivar, Chihuahua. Prime Mining produced a new resource estimate for its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Mag Silver has to obtain funding, or see its 44% JV participation in the Juanicipio project (Zacatecas) dwindle. Great Panther filed two technical reports on the Guanajuato mine complex. Bacanora Lithium granted a contract to GRES on the Sonora Lithium project. Golden Minerals presented a new PEA for its Velardeña properties. GR Silver Mining released underground channel results from the Plomosas project in in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, GR Silver completed the acquisition of the Plomosas project in Sinaloa. Argonaut Gold and Alio Gold are merging. Orex Minerals and Pan American Silver are forming a JV on the Sandra project in Durango. Riverside is going ahead with the Peñoles project (Durango) spin-off. Mithrill Resources informed on the acquisition of Sun Minerals. Southern Silver entered into an agreement with Monarch Minerals to purchase a mineral concession adjacent to Cerro Las Minas project in Durango. Oroco Resources amended disclosures on the Santo Tomas project technical report. Odyssey Marine Exploration continues with the arbitration process for its offshore phosphate project in Baja California Sur. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Newmont GoldCorp Peñasquito donated 500 COVID-19 tests and delivered thousands of cleansing packages in the communities near the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas..
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mining halted in Mexico. A national decree by the Mexican federal government suspended all non-essential activities for 30 days on the wake of the fight on the propagation of the coronavirus. Mining is not considered essential thus all operations are due to shut down.
- Mexico is well positioned for increased lead and zinc production, BNamericas. Supported by expected continued work at Newmont’s Peñasquito mine, Southern Copper’s San Martin mine and Peñoles operations, the lead and zinc Mexican production is poised to grow in 2020. Lead production could increase 27.8% to 194.9 K tonnes, with the expected production of 90.7 K tonnes at Peñasquito. Zinc production could increase 27% to 633.2 K tonnes, with its expected production of 192.8 K tonnes. Both zinc and lead face extremely low prices, with zinc at US$0.85/Lb and lead close to US$0.75/Lb.
- To reduce coronavirus contagion risks, the Dirección General de Minas (DGM) initiated a protocol to process requests and information only through electronic media, for the time that the contingency lasts (in practical terms, the already slow pace of proceedings at the DGM is coming to halt for the time being).
- The Mining Fund served its purpose at Jiapaz, Zacatecas, where solar panels were installed to power the water system on La Martinica de Guadalupe neighborhood.
- The Sonora government issued orders to stop all non-essential activities, including mining, as a mean to reduce the propagation speed of the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
- Mining companies that presented press releases on Coronavirus related suspension of activities: Argonaut Gold, Sierra Metals, Pan American Silver, Premier Gold Mines, Equinox Gold, GoGold Resources, Gold Resource, Excellon Resources, Endeavour Silver, Azucar Minerals, Avino Silver & Gold Mines, Agnico Eagle Mines, Almaden Minerals, Alamos Gold, Fortuna Silver, Mithrill Resources, Vizsla Resources, Torex Gold, Great Panther, and Golden Minerals.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. released drilling results at its La Virginia project in Sonora. The Rubi zone strike length increased by 100 m, to a total of 400 m, where a total of 6,103 m in 20 holes have been collared; a further 852 m in four holes were drilled at the Macho Libre target. The results for the last nine holes are still pending. Highlighted true width intervals comprise: 1.42 m @ 156 gpt Ag, 1.79 gpt Au; 2.84 m @ 249 gpt Ag, 1.55 gpt Au (including 0.36 m @ 1,584 gpt Ag, 5.56 gpt Au); 17.04 m @ 28 gpt Ag, 0.69 gpt Au; 1.07 m @ 52 gpt Ag, 1.27 gpt Au; 1.07 m @ 124 gpt Ag, 3.32 gpt Au; 4.26 m @ 38 gpt Ag, 0.64 gpt Au; 6.04 m @ 74 gpt Ag, 0.99 gpt Au (including 1.78 m @ 187 gpt Ag, 2.48 gpt Au. The company recently completed a 4,800-hectare; 718 line-km helicopter borne magnetic-radiometric geophysical survey centered on El Rubi zone.
- Discovery Metals Corp. announced the temporarily suspension of all exploration activities at its Mexican operations due to the COVID-19 risks. “Discovery has already completed 48 holes totaling 17,500 metres of its planned 30,000 – 35,000 metre Phase 1 drill program. The Company will provide ongoing exploration updates for the 34 drill holes not previously press released once results have been received and validated”. Discovery had a cash balance of CAD$24 M by the end of 2019 (Cordero, Chihuahua).
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. announced the commencement of the 2020 field program at the Pilar project in Sonora. The focus is to expand the known areas of mineralization, gain a better understanding of structural controls, identify mineralization targets and define drill targets. A multiple-task (?) geophysical survey is underway concurrently with a close-spaced soil sampling program. These surveys will be followed up with structural refining, XRF survey across the property and reviewing historical drill holes.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. temporarily suspended the current drill programs at its Columba (Chihuahua) and Copalito (Sinaloa) projects, to reduce the propagation risks of the Coronavirus.
- Advance Gold Corp. released information on drilling at its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas. One hole was abandoned because of challenging drilling conditions; a second hole intercepted a black slate with small sulphide lenses 0.3 cm to 1 cm in thickness, this unit explains the chargeability anomaly detected by the geophysical survey. The best intercept was 1.25 m @ 2.79% Pb; the third hole also intersected the sulphide bearing black slate unit, assays pending. Teck’ San Nicolas VMS project is 11 kilometers East of Tabasqueña.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. plans to invest US$46.3 M in capital expenditures at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Exploration, the installation of an autogenous mill, exploration and development of the Ermitaño West, mine access preparation and prefeasibility studies are among the use of the funds involved.
- GoGold Resources Inc. reported the completion of commissioning of the SART plant at its Parral Tailings facility in Chihuahua. “The main economic drivers are the recovery of a high-grade saleable copper sulfide product, the re-generation of cyanide, which is the largest single operating cost at Parral, and improve the leaching efficiency of the heap”. GoGold reduced the need to purchase cyanide by $200 K in March.
- Excellon Resources Inc. reports 2019 annual and Q4 financial results. At Platosa, in Durango, 19.8 K tonnes @ 435 gpt Ag, 4.84% Pb, 6.39% Zn were processed, recovering 91.7% Ag, 80.2% Pb, 76.5% Zn to produce 259.2 K Oz Ag, 1.69 M Lb Pb, 2.06 M Lb Zn during the quarter. For the full year 75.2 K tonnes @ 409 gpt Ag, 4.75% Pb, 6.82% Zn were processed , recovering 89.9% Ag, 79.2% Pb. 77.7% Zn to produce 1.05 M Oz Ag, 6.1 M Lb Pb, 8.4 M Lb Zn, or 1.93 M Oz AgEq.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. reported results for the full year 2019.
- Equinox Gold Corp. provided production guidance for 2020, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At the Los Filos mine in Guerrero, production is set to range between 170 K to 190 K Oz Au, at an AISC of $1,000 to $1,050 per Oz Au, sustaining capital of $24 M and Non-sustaining capital of $51 M. “The Company is advancing an expansion of the Los Filos mine complex including enlarging the Los Filos open pit, developing a second underground mine (Bermejal), adding a new open pit (Guadalupe) and constructing a new carbon in leach (“CIL”) plant to process higher-grade ore…….. Equinox Gold has budgeted a total capital spend of $75 million at Los Filos during 2020. Non-sustaining capital of $51 million relates primarily to the expansion project and includes $20 million for pre-stripping of the Guadalupe open pit and $23 million allocated to Bermejal underground development”.
- Newmont Corp. has announced expiration and final results of the tender offers for its 3.5% senior notes due 2022 and Goldcorp’s 3.7% notes due 2023. (Peñasquito, Zacatecas).
- Mithrill Resources Ltd. will be conducting a pro-rata non-renounceable rights issue to allow shareholders, of ordinary shares with a registered address in Australia or New Zealand, to apply for one share for every ordinary share held, to raise $2.45 M (Copalquin, Durango).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. informed recent warrant and option exercised during the current fiscal period. Warrants and options issued in 2015 and 2016 were exercised for $1.25 M in gross profits (Cerro La Mina, Durango).
- Orla Mining Ltd. closed its previously announced bought deal financing with a syndicate of underwriters led by Stifel GMP and including Desjardins Capital Markets, Paradigm Capital and Cormark Securities Inc. for aggregate gross proceeds of C$75 M.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- First Majestic Silver Corp. updated mineral reserve and mineral resource estimates for the San Dimas (Durango), Santa Elena (Sonora) and La Encantada (Coahuila) producing mines, as well as from its San Martín (Jalisco), La Parrilla (Durango), Del Toro (Zacatecas) and La Guitarra (Estado de Mexico) properties.
- Sierra Metals Inc. updated mineral reserve and mineral resource estimates for its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. Mineral reserves decreased by 2.5 M tonnes on mining depletion from 2017, but measured, indicated and inferred resources have significantly grown.
- Mag Silver Reported 2019 annual results. Development of the Juanicipio mine (Zacatecas) and processing plant continue, with the plant expected to commence commissioning in mid-2021. Underground development is ongoing, exceeding now 26 Km. Remaining pre-operative initial capital is estimated at $305 M, although this figure can be reduced by cash in hand of the operator of the JV (Fresnillo 56%, Mag 44%) and expected cash flow from mineralized material extracted and processed at the Fresnillo’s mine facilities commencing in mid-2020. “The Company needs to raise additional capital in the future in order to meet its full share of initial capital required to develop the Juanicipio Project. Mag does not generate operating cash flow at this time to fund such obligations, and accordingly, future liquidity will depend upon its ability to arrange debt or additional equity financings. The Company is currently evaluating several proposals. The inability of MAG to fund its 44% share of cash calls would result in dilution of its ownership interest in Minera Juanicipio in accordance with the shareholders’ agreement”. At the end of the year Mag had $71.86 M including cash and cash equivalents of $72.36 M AuEq.
- Great Panther Mining Ltd. filed two technical reports regarding the Guanajuato mine complex. “The reports are titled “NI 43- 101 Mineral Resource Update Technical Report on the Guanajuato Mine Complex, San Ignacio Mine, Guanajuato State, Mexico”, dated March 17, 2020, and “NI 43-101 Mineral Resource Update Technical Report on the Guanajuato Mine Complex, Guanajuato Mine, Guanajuato State, Mexico”, dated March 27, 2020”.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. released protocols to minimize exposure to coronavirus, in order to decrease the risk to employees, contractors, families and communities near Las Chispas project in Sonora.
- Evrim Resources Corp. updated the resource on the Ermitaño project in Sonora, of which it holds a 2% NSR. Property owner First Majestic Silver Corp. announced a 15% increase in grade and a 345% increase in contained AgEq ounces in the indicated resources compared to the previous estimate. The indicated resources are 2.1 M tonnes @ 4.59 gpt Au, 70 gpt Ag, containing 311 K Oz Au and 4.73 M Oz Ag; the inferred resources stand at 3.73 M tonnes @ 3.08 gpt Au, 58 gpt Ag, containing 370 K Oz Au, 6.98 M Oz Ag.
- Bacanora Lithium. Announced the granting of a contract to GR Engineering Services for engineering, acquisition and construction services on the Sonora lithium project.
- Prime Mining Corp. released a new resource estimate for its Los Reyes project (formerly Guadalupe de Los Reyes) in Sinaloa. The pit constrained resources range from 19.75 M tonnes @ 1.31 gpt AuEq measured and indicated resources (M&I) containing 833.1 K Oz AuEq and 7.1 M tonnes @ 1.14 gpt AuEq in inferred resources containing 261.1 K Oz AuEq at a 0.22 gpt AuEq cutoff; to 5.91 M tonnes @ 2.72 gpt AuEq M&I resources and 1.68 M tonnes @ 2.59 gpt AuEq containing 516.2 K Oz AuEq and 140.5 K Oz AuEq respectively, at a cutoff grade of 1.0 gpt AuEq. The pit strip ratio is calculated as 4.6 to 1 waste to ore in six separate pits.
- Golden Minerals Co. announced positive results from the updated mineral resource estimate and preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for its Velardeña properties in Durango. The PEA states a pre-tax net present value of $85.9 M at an 8% discount rate, an internal rate of return of 138.6%, pre-production capital cost of $10.27 M, post production and working capital $15.93 M and a life of mine of 10 years to produce 10.2 M Oz Ag, 119 K Oz Au. The resource estimate including sulfide and oxide ore comprises 1.35 M tonnes @ 307 gpt Ag, 4.92 gpt Au, 1.54% Pb, 1.78% Zn in measured and indicated resources, containing, 13.34 M Oz Ag, 214 K Oz Au, 45.8 M Lb Pb, 53 M Lb Zn; and 1.76 M tonnes @ 354 gpt Ag, 4.73 gpt Au, 1.72% Pb, 1.86% Zn, containing 20.1 M Oz Ag, 268 K Oz Au, 67.1 M Lb Pb, 72.3 M Lb Zn.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. released assay results from initial underground channel sampling from the San Juan workings at the Plomosas Silver project. San Juan is one of six priority areas with underground development not yet exploited by previous owners. Some of the highlighted composites comprise 2.1 m @ 0.30 gpt Au, 552 gpt Ag, 0.7% Pb, 1.0% Zn (including 0.40 m @ 1.2 gpt Au, 3,003 gpt Ag, 2.9% Pb, 3.1% Zn); 5.0 m @ 0.28 gpt Au, 816 gpt Ag, 0.9% Pb, 0.5 % Zn; 2.0 m @ 0.51 gpt Au, 1,145 gpt Ag, 0.9% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 2.8 m @ 0.42 gpt Au, 482 gpt Ag, 0.4% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 9.3 m @ 0.13 gpt Au, 346 gpt Ag, 0.7% Pb, 1.0% Zn; 3.0 m @ 0.11 gpt Au, 485 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.3% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- GR Silver Mining Ltd. Has completed the acquisition of the Plomosas silver project in Sinaloa, from First Majestic Silver Corp. .GR Silver paid CDN$100 K, granted First Majestic a 2% NSR, of which half could be bought for US$1 M, and issued First Majestic 17.1 M shares of GR Silver. The project comes with six areas at the drilling/resource stage, with 563 drill holes totalling over 100,000 m of core drilling and the mining infrastructure of the Plomosas mine, that produced over 2.5 M tonnes of Pb-Zn-Ag ore.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. and Alio Gold Inc. have entered into a definitive agreement for an at-market merger whereby Argonaut will acquire all of Alio shares. The transaction creates an intermediate producer with four operations rendering 235 K Oz AuEq per year from four mines and presence in Mexico, Canada and USA, and a pipeline that includes Ana Paula (Guerrero), Cerro del Gallo (Guanajuato) and Magino (Canada).
- Orex Minerals Inc. entered into an agreement to form a JV with Pan American Silver Corp. to explore and develop the Sandra (formerly Sandra Escobar) project in Durango. Orex and Pan American will own a 40% and 60% interest in the JV.
- Riverside Resources Inc. has received requisite shareholder approval for the spin-out of the Peñoles Project (Durango) to its shareholders. “Once the Arrangement becomes effective, Riverside shareholders will own shares in two public companies: Capitan, which will focus on the development of the Peñoles Project, and Riverside, which will continue to generate prospective mineral properties”.
- Mithhrill Resources Ltd. Informed on the proposed acquisition of Sun Minerals Pty Ltd., which holds an option to earn up to 100% interest on the Copalquin project in Durango. Due diligence was completed, a formal share agreement for the acquisition of all issued share capital of Sun Minerals was executed and shareholder approval received. On view of recent market developments, Mithrill and Sun Minerals agreed that Mithrill is to raise a minimum of A$1.5 M.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. entered into an agreement with Monarch Minerals Inc. to purchase the El Sol mineral concession in Durango, near the Sothern Silver and Electrum Global Holdings L.P. Cerro Las Minas JV project. The purchase will not form a part of the Cerro Las Minitas JV. Acquisition cost is $US300 K payable in three equal installments on signature, 12 and 18 months, with the vendor retaining a 2% NSR that can be bought by Southern Silver at any time for US$1 M.
- Oroco Resource Corp. wishes to clarify and amend its disclosures with respect to its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. “The BCSC reviewed the Company’s October, 2019 and March, 2020 corporate presentations (the “Presentations”) and its current technical report dated August 22, 2019 and titled “Technical Report Geology, Mineralization, and Exploration of the Santo Tomas Cu-(Mo-Au-Ag) Porphyry Deposit Sinaloa, Mexico” authored by D. A. Bridge, P. Geol.” (the “Report”). Both the current Presentation and the Report have been removed from the Company’s website pending revision. The disclosure issues in the Presentations and the Report with respect to National Instrument 43-101 (the “Instrument”) and Form 43-101F1 are summarized in the following discussion”.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. has launched a NAFTA arbitration process on its “Exploraciones Oceánicas” phosphate project off the Pacific coast of Baja California Sur. “The Arbitral Tribunal, consisting of three international arbitrators well-versed in international investment treaties, has been constituted and the parties are now in the process of finalizing the arbitration schedule and procedures with the Tribunal……..“We intend to continue to work diligently and in good faith with Mexico’s current administration to achieve an equitable resolution of this dispute and to help Mexico provide fertilizer to its farmers, but we are prepared to proceed with the full NAFTA arbitration process if necessary, and have recently received increased litigation funding specifically to support this case”. The Exploraciones Oceánicas project contains an estimated 588 M tonnes of phosphate, at a depth of 70-90 m, lying 25 to 40 km from the coast, with almost no overburden.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Newmont Goldcorp donates 500 COVID-19 tests in Zacatecas. The donation amounts to more than $2 M pesos.
- Newmont Peñasquito delivered 3,000 cleansing packages, in the communities near the Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas, amidst the fight against the spread of the Coronavirus. The packages are to be delivered in and by local health institutions.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: Hematite-goethite stained quartz vein in an orogenic gold system, Oaxaca. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, April 2, 2020 – Prime Mining Corp. (TSX.V:PRYM) (OTCQB: PRMNF) (Frankfurt:A2PRDW) (“Prime” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce an updated mineral resource estimate (“Updated Resource”) prepared by Stantec Consulting Ltd. (“Stantec”) for Prime’s Los Reyes Oxide Gold and Silver Project located near Cosalá, Mexico (the “Los Reyes”).
Vancouver, BC – GR Silver Mining Ltd. (TSXV: GRSL, FRANKFURT: GPE, OTCQB: GLYXF) (“GR Silver” or the “Company”) – is pleased to announce assay results for initial underground channel sampling from the San Juan underground workings at the recently acquired Plomosas Silver Project (“Plomosas”), in Sinaloa, Mexico. San Juan is one of six priority areas with underground development not yet exploited by previous owners(view photo here). The underground workings at San Juan have recently been rehabilitated by GR Silver to allow for this initial sampling program. The company is currently validating all recent and historical information, including the review of over 500 drill holes in the six priority areas and sampling mineralized zones, aiming to complete multiple resource estimations in 2020.
Calgary, Alberta – March 31st, 2020. Tocvan Ventures Corp. (CSE: “TOC”) (“Tocvan” or the “Corporation”) is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2020 field program at the Pilar Gold-Silver Project in Sonora, Mexico.
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or “the Company”) has updated its Mineral Resource and Reserve Estimates at the Company’s Bolivar Mine, located in Chihuahua State, Mexico.
Vancouver, BC. Silver Viper Minerals Corp. (the “Company” or “Silver Viper”) (TSX-V: VIPR) is pleased to provide results from an additional five drill holes at La Virginia. A highlight interval of 0.5m grading 1584g/t silver and 5.56g/t gold was returned from 185m down-hole in LV20-219. In addition to drilling, Silver Viper has recently completed a 4,800-hectare, 718 line-km helicopter-borne magnetic-radiometric geophysical survey centered on the El Rubi Zone. Notably, a second diamond drill has been testing the satellite Macho Libre target.
TORONTO, March 30, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Tamino Minerals, Inc. (“Tamino” or the “Company”) (OTC Markets: TINO) February 28, 2020, Mr. Pedro Villagran-Garcia, President & CEO, announces that Tamino continues to be hard at work. We have had a fast start to 2020 with excellent results in the first and second quarters through the collective group initiatives of sourcing new acquisitions and pursuing diligent financing to become current on OTC Markets. So far, the best results in the stock market have taken place during the third quarter of 2019, in the month of September.
Colloform-banded quartz vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the thirteen week of the year (March 23th to March 29th, 2020), at least 28 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven commenting on Mexican issues, six disclosing deals and corporate issues, five informing on exploration results, four announcing financial rounds, four discussing issues on social responsibility, one communicating production and financial results, and one reporting on resources and developments. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Fortuna Silver reported on March 24, 2020, an illegal road blockade on its San Jose mine in Oaxaca but fortunately on March 25, 2020 the company announced it had been lifted and the mine operations were resumed again. La Herradura mine (owned by Fresnillo plc), in the north of Sonora, is an example of how women have inserted themselves into industries historically dominated by men. Several mining companies operating in Mexico have implemented a series of measures to safeguard the health of their workers, in the face of the advance of the COVID-19 pandemic. Azure, Capstone, Evrim, and Premier Gold were some of the companies which reacted on the COVID-19 pandemic. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure reported a new Cu discovery at its Alacrán project and Ridgestone commenced a drilling program at its Rebeico project. In Chihuahua, Radius provided an update of its Amalia project. In Durango, Golden Tag announced the authorization from SEMARNAT to drill up to twenty one holes at its San Diego project. In Jalisco, GoGold announced drilling results from eight holes collared at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Mexus announced operating cost lower than expected and confirmed positive cash flow obtained (Santa Elena mine, Sonora). ON FINANCING, Equinox Gold and Leagold received notice from Pacific Road Resources Fund to acquire 461,947 Equinox common shares for proceeds to the company of $2,854,832 and $9,278,209 aggregate principal amount of 5-years convertible notes (Los Filos mine, Guerrero). Orla announced bought deal financing for gross proceeds of CAD $75,030,000 (Camino Rojo project, Zacatecas). VVC closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $951,560 (Kaity project, Chihuahua). Gold Resource declared March monthly dividend to its shareholders (El Aguila mine, Oaxaca). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Fortuna Silver updated mineral resource and mineral reserve as of December 31, 2019 for its San Jose mine, Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alamos Gold filed its annual information form and 2019 annual report (Mulatos mine, Sonora). GoGold announced results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Los Ricos project, Jalisco). McEwen reported that it has fallen below the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) continued listing requirement related to the price of its common stock (El Gallo mine, Sinaloa). Orla Mining announced Layback agreement with Fresnillo Plc (Camino Rojo project, Zacatecas). Evrim reported that it has terminated the option agreement with Harvest Gold on its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. Radius entered into an option agreement to acquire, from a local concessionaire, 100% interest in the Plata Verde property in Chihuahua. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Argonaut Gold confirmed its commitment to the environment, performing and promoting good ecological practices in Sonora and Durango. Minera Autlán informed about their commitments regarding the responsible and sustainable Water Management. Grupo México reported that it will advance the delivery of a hospital in Juchitán, Oaxaca, to support efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. Representatives of the mining company Media Luna (Torex Gold) expressed their solidarity with the problem that the country is suffering due to the Coronavirus pandemic and donated mouthwash and antibacterial gel to the Guerrero health system (El Limón-Guajes mine complex, Guerrero).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported on March 24, 2020, an illegal road blockade on its San Jose mine in Oaxaca by a group of individuals to protest the action taken by the Electoral Tribunal of the State of Oaxaca in revoking his appointment as major. Fortunately, the company announced the next day that it has been lifted, and the mine operation was resumed.
- La Herradura mine(owned by Fresnillo plc), in the north of Sonora, is an example of how women have inserted themselves into industries historically dominated by men. There is still a long way to go in gender equality in industries such as mining, but there are examples that this is possible. For the mining industry, women’s work has given good results in cases such as La Herradura. For their part, women workers see mining as an opportunity to earn a living wage with opportunities for job growth. It may not be the first image that comes to mind, but women miners are a reality in Mexico.
- Several mining companies operating in Mexico, have implemented a series of measures to safeguard the health of their workers, in the face of the advance of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Azure Minerals Limited, suspended all field exploration and drilling at the company´s project, and suspended the trial processing program of high-grade ore from Oposura with the bulk concentrates bagged into bulker bags which have been stored in the Company’s warehouse, and Implemented required policies and procedures which include “no travel”, “no congregating in groups”, “social distancing” and “working from home”.
- Capstone Mining Corp., reported that its priority is to ensure the health and safety of their people, and stated that until now, COVID-19 has not impacted production or concentrate shipments at its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas.
- Evrim Resources Corp., took the decision to send all his employees to work remotely to keep them safe and healthy.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, announced that its Mercedes mine in Sonora has not been materially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The company is focused on protect their employees from the coronavirus outbreak. It has introduced company-wide health and safety protocols and has implemented controls and safety procedures at each site.
- Azure Minerals Limited, reported, within its El Alacrán project, a new Cu discovery called Gregors by doing RC drill-testing a buried VTEM geophysical anomaly coincident with a 100m by 100m outcrop of breccia and gossan. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole GGC-02 with 0.68% Cu over 30m, including 2.3% over 6m, and hole GGC-003 with 0.96% Cu over 18m, including 7.03% Cu over 1.5m. Azure is undertaking a detailed data review and interpretation plus initial mineralogical and metallurgical studies to assess potential and assist with planning a follow-up drill program. Additionally, the company also reported a single hole collared at San Simon mine located 700m away from its Loma Bonita resource area, which returned 2 g/t Au and 64 g/t Ag over 21m, including 3.35 g/t Au over 6.0m. Further drilling to test the vuggy silica mineralized zone, which is interpreted to extend further to the east and south beneath the Cerro San Simon hill, will be undertaken in the next drill program.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc., announced the commencement of a 1,500m drilling program in 10 holes at its newly discovered Au-Cu bearing New Year zone at its Rebeico project in Sonora. This first phase drilling program will be focused on testing at depth the high grade Au-Cu mineralization discovered in 2019 with surface sampling which returned up to 12.95 g/t Au and 0.65% Cu, testing the southern portion of the nearby Alaska Vein south of the hole 18REB10 which intersected 36.10 g/t Au over 1.5m, and also test the potential junction of the >New Year zone with the southern part of the Alaska vein.
- Radius Gold Inc., provided an update for its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Highlights include the development of its El Cuervo target, located 3.8km southeast of the current drilled area of san Pedro, where up to 40m wide of silicification, breccias and veining with strong Au and Ag geochemistry has been mapped and sampled over a length of 750m. Radius also reported that a drill permit is in progress for a fourth phase of drilling at its Amalia project. The fourth phase of drilling will consists of 9 deep holes to test down dip and lateral extension of the high grade Au-Ag mineralization defined at san Pedro area.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd., announced the authorization from SEMARNAT to drill up to twenty one holes at its San Diego project in Durango. The company plans to conduct a 2,000m drilling program in eight holes to test the near-surface continuity of mineralization identified in previous drilling programs at the Trovador-MS and El Jal-Arroyo Zone target areas.
- GoGold Resources Inc., reported drilling results from eight holes collared at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco, including three at San Juan and five in the Main Area. Significant drill intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-20-115 (Main Area) with 0.61 g/t Au and 153 g/t Ag (2.65 g/t AuEq or 203 g/t AgEq) over 19.5m, including 1.17 g/t Au and 281 g/t Ag (4.93 g/t AuEq or 370 g/t AgEq) over 9.6m; and hole LrGG-20-119 (Main Area) with 0.91 g/t Au and 135 g/t Ag (2.71 g/t AuEq or 203 g/t AgEq) over 26.4m, including 1.6 g/t Au and 196 g/t Ag (4.21 g/t AuEq or 316 g/t AgEq) over 12.6m.
- Mexus Gold US, announced it is producing Au at a cost of USD $376/Oz and confirmed it is operating at a positive cash flow. Mexus is planning to produce 10 Oz Au per day within 60 days (Santa Elena mine, Sonora).
- Equinox Gold Corp. and Leagold Mining Corporation, received notice from Pacific Road Resources Fund to acquire 461,947 Equinox common shares for proceeds to the company of $2,854,832 and $9,278,209aggregate principal amount of 5-years convertible notes. The Company intends to use the proceeds from the shares and notes for general corporate and working capital purposes (Los Filos mine, Guerrero).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced a bought deal for gross proceeds of CAD $75,030,000. The company also granted an over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional 5.49M common shares at the offering price. If this option is exercised in full, an additional CAD $11,254,500 in net proceeds will be raised. At the end, the total aggregate gross proceeds of the offering will be CAD $86,284,500. Net proceeds will be used for exploration and development of its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas.
- VVC Exploration Corporation, closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $951,560. Net proceeds will be used to develop its Katya project in Chihuahua, including costs associated with various permits, metallurgical bench testing of the copper mineralization, and investigation, evaluation and implementation of the Gloria Pilot Mining Project.
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared March monthly dividend of one-third of a cent per common share to its shareholders (El Aguila mine, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., updated mineral resource and mineral reserve as of December 31, 2019 at its San Jose mine, Oaxaca. Proven reserves are 232,000 tonnes of 2.12 g/t Au and 311 g/t to contain 16K Oz Au and 2.3M Oz Ag, and Probable reserves are 3, 704,000 tonnes of 1.58 g/t Au and 239 g/t Ag to contain 188K Oz Au and 28.5M Oz Ag. Total proven + probable reserves are 3,936,000 tonnes of 1.61 g/t Au and 243 g/t Ag to contain 204K Oz Au and 30.8M Oz Ag. It also reported that has measured resources of 17,000 tonnes of 0.8 g/t Au and 104 g/t Ag to contain 1K Oz Au and 0.1M Oz Ag, and Indicated resources of 538,000 tonnes of 0.7 g/t Au and 105 g/t Ag to contain 12K Oz Au and 1.8M Oz Ag. Measured + Inferred resources are 555,000 tonnes of 0.7 g/t Au and 105 g/t Ag to contain 13K Oz Au and 1.9M Oz Ag. In addition it reported inferred resources of 3,889,000 tonnes of 0.96 g/t Au and 131 g/t Ag to contain 120K Oz Au and 16.3M Oz Ag. (Mineral Resources are exclusive of Mineral Reserves).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alamos Gold Inc., filed its annual information form and 2019 annual report, including its audited financial statement for the year ended December 31, 2019 (Mulatos mine, Sonora).
- GoGold Resources Inc., announced results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (Los Ricos project, Jalisco).
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported that it has fallen below the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) continued listing requirement related to the price of its common stock. The NYSE requires that the average closing price of a listed company’s common stock be above US$1.00 per share, calculated over a period of 30 consecutive trading days (El Gallo mine, Sinaloa).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced a non-binding layback letter agreement with Fresnillo Plc., to extend its Camino Rojo oxide pit onto part of Fresnillo´s mineral concession. Under the terms of the agreement, Orla will pay Fresnillo a total cash consideration of USD $62.8M: USD $10M due upon the execution of the definitive layback agreement; USD $15M due Orla having received all funding and permits required for construction and development or July 1st, 2020; USD $15M due no later than 12 months following the commencement of commercial production or December 1st, 2022; USD $22.8M due no later than 24 months following the commencement of commercial production or December 1st, 2023; the amounts for the third and fourth payments shall bear an interest of 5% per annum from July1, 2020 until the date of payment. (Camino Rojo project, Zacatecas).
- Evrim Resources Corp. and Harvest Gold Corporation, announced the termination of its option agreement on Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. Evrim is seeking a new partner to continue the exploration of this mining property.
- Radius Gold Inc., entered into an option agreement with a local concessionaire, to acquire 100% interest in the 300 Has Plata Verde property in Chihuahua by making staged payments totaling over four years USD $880K with the final payment equal to USD $400K at the end of year four. An USD $8K signing payment has already been paid. The owner retains a 1% NSR which Radius can buy back for USD $1M. “Plata Verde, silver mineralization occurs as massive to crustiform banded barite calcite with silver chlorides, sulphosalt minerals and native silver infilling and cementing fractures and breccia within a basaltic/andesite extrusive volcanic. The basaltic/andesite host occurs at the base of the Upper Rhyolitic Volcanics of the Northern Sierra Madre. In general the host volcanics and associated silver mineralization is covered by the overlying rhyolitic ignimbrites and is only exposed along the length of a small creek”. Initial prospecting rock chips by Radius geologists have returned silver grades between 5 and 1,070 g/t Ag.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Argonaut Gold Inc., confirmed its commitment to the environment, performing and promoting good ecological practices in Sonora and Durango, such as recycling all material used in its operations, confining all dangerous resources, increasing the use of renewable energy, preserving the flora and fauna species, taking care of air quality and generating new alternatives to help capture water in the aquifers, etc. The company offered 664 talks in its operation units in Sonora and Durango during 2019 to foster its commitment to the environment.
- Minera Autlán SAB de CV., informed about their commitments regarding the responsible and sustainable management of Water. Autlán promotes responsible water consumption in all its mining units. This consists of reusing as much water as possible, in order to satisfy the greatest number of operations and guarantee the sustainability of the environment. The trend is to continue reducing the amounts used, making resource management much more effective through treatment processes.
- Grupo México , reported that it will advance the delivery of a hospital in Juchitán, Oaxaca, to support efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The hospital, with a constructed area of 6,800 square meters and a planned capacity of more than 60 beds, was designed to meet the specific requirements of the citizens of the municipalities of Juchitán de Zaragoza, Santo Domingo de Tehuantepec, Matías Romero and Salina Cruz, who were among the most affected in the region after the 2017 earthquakes.
- Representatives of the mining company Media Luna (Torex Gold), expressed their solidarity with the problem that the country is suffering due to the Coronavirus pandemic and donated to the health system of Guerrero state, 3,500 covers mouths and more than 1,000 liters of antibacterial gel due to the shortage of these products across the country.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a colloform-banded quartz vein in a low-sulphidation epithermal system in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, March 26, 2020– Fortuna Silver Mines, Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI) is pleased to report updated Mineral Reserve and Mineral Resource estimates as of December 31, 2019 for the Caylloma Mine located in Peru and the San Jose Mine located in Mexico and reiterates the Mineral Reserve and Mineral Resource estimate as of March 31, 2019 for the Lindero Project located in Argentina.