September 13, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia – Candelaria Mining Corp. (TSXV:CAND, OTC PINK:CDELF) (the “Company”) is pleased to provide the following update on the Company’s Pinos gold project located 140 kilometers east of the capital Zacatecas in the state of Zacatecas, Mexico. The project is district scale consisting of twenty-nine contiguous mining claims and covering 3,816 hectares, with easy access to infrastructure, labour and supplies.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 36th week of the year (September 3rd to September 9th, 2018), at least 18 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Prize Mining, Minaurum, Azure, and Kootenay released advances in exploration. Telson Mining released some clarifications to its operating Q2 2018 results. Prospero reported news on financing. Goldplay, Consolidated Zinc, Torex, Southern Silver, Impact Silver, Magellan Gold, and Aura Minerals reported on development of its properties. Golden Minerals, Sonoro and GoGold reported deals on properties or royalties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, AMLO announced cabinet posts in Economy, including the new Sub-secretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga. The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango, two in Estado de Mexico, one in Guerrero and one in Puebla. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minaurum has resumed drilling at its Alamos Silver property. Azure reported high-grade surface results from its Oso Negro property and Kootenay released surface sampling results from its Malé project. In Coahuila Prize Mining announced a coming drill campaign on its Manto Negro project. ON MINING Telson Mining presented some clarifications on its Q2 report, and some figures on production costs from the Campo Morado mine. ON FINANCING, Prospero Silver announced a strategic investment by Fortuna Silver for US$270 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay released results from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Consolidated Zinc is to start mining in Plomosas, Chihuahua. Torex presented an updated technical report and a new mine plan on its El Limon-Guajes property in Guerrero. Southern Silver presented assay results from drilling at its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Impact Silver announced the discovery of a new ore shoot on its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. Magellan is planning to mine on its El Dorado property in Nayarit. Aura Minerals filed a FS and technical report on the restarting of its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Minerals sold its remaining interest on the Celaya property in Guanajuato to The Electrum Group for US$3 M. Sonoro optioned an inner concession within its Cerro Caliche property for US$100 K in two payments. GoGold sold its 2% NSR on the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora to Metalla Royalty.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO), the president elect in Mexico, announced cabinet posts within the Secretaría de Economía (Bureau of Economy) for its incoming government. Graciela Márquez, as Secretary, is to be supported by Luz Maria de la Mora in Subsecretaría de Comercio Exterior (Foreign Commerce), Ernesto Acevedo Hernández in Subsecretaria de Industria y Comercio (Industry and Commerce), and Francisco Quiroga, on charge of the Subsecretaría de Minería (Mining). Francisco Quiroga was director of International Planning for Grupo Villacero, and worked for a couple of years at Arcelor Mittal México. He has master degrees from Yale and New Zealand, with expertise in international metal markets, steel, commodities and mining, as well as anti-dumping practices and industry. The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from Almaden’s Ixtaca project in Puebla, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/puebla/ixtaca/ . The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango, two in Estado de Mexico, one in Guerrero and one in Puebla.
- Prize Mining Corp. commenced the phase II exploration program on its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. This phase will consist of 3,000 m of diamond drilling, “3D modeling of drill intersections and artisanal underground workings”, a GIS compilation and preliminary metallurgical test work. At El Granizo, “strong copper mineralization is exposed on surface for a strike length of 550 metres and dips moderately to the southwest. Mineralization is hosted in the San Marcos red-bed sandstone close to the contact with the overlying Cupido limestone”. At Pilar Grande drilling will test a 200 by 50 m area containing the underground workings.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. has resumed drilling at the Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The 5,000 m (or greater) drill program is to focus in seven untested veins exposed at high structural levels in down-dropped blocks outside of the historic mining corridor. “One hole will test the Minas Nuevas vein at depth and a second hole will test the Púlpito and Cotera vein zone projections. Eight more holes are planned on targets on the completely virgin eastern side of the historic La Quintera – Promontorio vein zone, including the Tigre, Ana, and Amalia vein zones, and the breccia body located south of Amalia and Tigre; as well as the Promontorio Sur vein zone to the south of Promontorio vein. The drill program will be expanded as new targets are generated.”
- Azure Minerals Ltd. reported high grade assays from surface sampling at its Oso Negro property in Sonora. The project comprises a 1,119 ha concession application and an adjoining 156 ha concession purchased for US$35 K. Both concessions contain epithermal mineralization like quartz veins and quartz stockworks in zones of strong alteration, with galena and sphalerite within the quartz veins, which can attain widths of up to 5 m and lengths of 800 m. Of 88 samples collected, 37 returned over 100 g/t Ag, including 9 samples over 1,000 g/t Ag, and a peak of 2,680 g/t Ag. Of 88 samples collected, 37 samples returned over 1.0 g/t Au, including 7 samples over 5.0 g/t Au and up to 100.5 g/t Au.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released additional high-grade sampling results on its Malé project in Sonora. Thirty three sample collected from old pits and small trenches returned 19 samples with values over 1.0 g/t Au, with the highest running 12.1, 17.0, 24.7 and 36.0 g/t Au. “The Malé gold project is a granitic-hosted gold dominant polymetallic vein and vein stockwork system covering an area of 1500 x 1500 meters with numerous showings highly anomalous in gold…..Mineralization occurs as narrow veins, veinlets and stockworks of quartz with or without sulphides within structures projecting in a dominant northeast trend and a secondary northwest trend”.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented some clarifications to its Q2 2018 financial report (please see press release for details). The “Campo Morado Mine has achieved direct site costs for mining, milling and administration during Q2 of approximately US$56.6, US$51.6 and US$51.8 per tonne respectively for, April, May and June. These current direct site costs are approximately 36% lower than the estimated direct site costs of US$72.26 per tonne used for the same categories in Telson’s recently published independent Preliminary Economic Assessment and approximately 40% lower than the previous operator’s last year of production during 2014”.
- Prospero Silver Corp. arranged a US$270 K strategic investment from Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. Fortuna currently owns 20.3% of Prospero current and outstanding shares, and this private placement is to take that proportion to 26.9%. The proceeds will be allocated to test the Bermudez project in Chihuahua with a 3-hole 1,500 m drill program.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. disclosed additional results from sampling of the historical core drill holes completed in 2011 on the project San Marcial, in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (TW) new results from two holes comprise 53.6 m @ 57 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 5.6 m @ 253 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.6% Zn); 46.5 m @ 57 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 15.5 m @ 115 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, 0.7% Zn, same that include 3.25 m @ 411 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 2.2% Zn).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. is to start mining at its Plomosas project in Chihuahua. “The CZL Board has approved the development plan and mining will commence immediately with monthly receipts commencing mid October 2018”. CZL secured a finance package by way of convertible notes. The mined ore will be processed at Grupo Mexico’s plant in Santa Eulalia, Chihuahua, and the concentrate is to be sent to the same group’s smelter in San Luis Potosi. CZL “is confident that the first cashflow can be achieved for a capital cost less than US$500,000 and the C1 operating costs are expected to be less than US$0.50/lb Zinc after by-product credits”.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. completed an updated technical report that includes a life of mine plan (LOM) of nine years and an increased average gold production of 430 K Oz Au per year, from 2019 to 2023 at its Limón-Guajes mine in Guerrero.” The TR also contains an updated Media Luna Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), with an after-tax NPV (5%) of $582M, and an after-tax IRR of 27%”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported assay results from initial core drilling on the 12,000 m 2018 drill program at its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Highlighted true width (TW) intervals comprise 15.1 m @ 280 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 0.1% Zn (including 4.4 m @ 598 g/t Ag, 0.4% Cu, 2.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn) on the Skarn Front deposit, and 0.6 m @ 79 g/t Ag, 0.4 g/t Au, 1.2% Cu, 0.1% Pb, 14.1% Zn; 2.0 m @ 88 g/t Ag, 0.3 g/t Au, 0.2% Cu, 1.1% Pb, 2.6% Zn in Las Victorias zone, which extend mineralization for over 100 m to the southeast.
- Impact Silver Corp. announced the discovery of a new ore shoot on the Lipton vein of the Guadalupe mine at its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. To date the new zone has been drilled over a length of 120 m and vertical distance of 80 m, remaining open in all directions. Some of the highlighted true width intervals comprise 10.57 m @ 201 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.5% Zn (including 4.18 m @ 381 g/t Au, 0.09 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.1% Zn); 7.74 m @ 466 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 8.82 m @ 306 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 1.53 m @ 240 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 2.5% Zn; 2.87 m @ 308 g/t Au, 0.19 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn.
- Magellan Gold Corp. is focused on advancing El Dorado project in Nayarit towards production, planning to truck the ore to the SDA mill for processing. “The drilled resource appears to be sufficient to support an underground mining operation for five years at a mining rate of 100 tonnes per day….”. Magellan is applying for the necessary environmental and blasting permits, as well as quotes for contract mining.
- Aura Minerals Inc. filed the NI-43-101 Feasibility Study and Technical Report on the Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Golden Minerals Co. has sold its remaining interest on the Celaya property in Guanajuato, to The Electrum Group LLC. Golden Minerals is to receive a payment of US$3.0 M for selling 100% of its remaining mining concessions and related interests in the Celaya project located in Guanajuato.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. optioned from a private owner the 9 ha “El Colorado” mining concession, within its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. “The Option Agreement provides for Sonoro to acquire a 100% interest in El Colorado for total consideration to the Vendor of US$100,000, of which US$50,000 has been paid and the balance due in 6 months”. Seven thorough-going veins surrounded by quartz sotckwork areas and sheeted quartz veinlet zones present limited mining evidenced by tunnels, pits and trenches.
- Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd. entered with GoGold Resources Inc. into an agreement to purchase a 2% net smelter return royalty on the Santa Gertrudis property in Sonora, for US$12 M in cash. The agreement is subject to a right of first refusal held by the owner of the project, Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., right that has to be exercised with 45 days.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, argillitized volcanic rocks above the famous Vizcaína vein in the Pachuca District, Hidalgo. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
18 09 07 Excellon Files Platosa Technical Report (Final)Excellon PR Sept. 2018
Toronto, Ontario – September 7, 2018 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN and EXN.WT.A; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the filing of an indepedent technical report for the Platosa Mine in Durango, Mexico, which has been prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) with an effective date of March 31, 2018. A copy of the technical report is available on both SEDAR at www.sedar.com and the Company’s website at www.excellonresources.com.
TORONTO, Ontario, September 4, 2018 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) announces completion of an updated Technical Report (TR) including a life of mine plan (LOM) for its producing El Limon Guajes (ELG) Mines, that has increased average annual gold production to 430,000 ounces per year, from 2019 to 2023. The TR also contains an updated Media Luna Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), with an after-tax NPV (5%) of $582M, and an after-tax IRR of 27%. For purposes of illustration, the TR includes a Media Luna design utilizing a conceptual new underground mining technology that Torex is developing. The new technology, called the Muckahi Mining System (Muckahi), shows the potential to increase the Media Luna Project, NPV by $197M. If proven, the Muckahi technology could be applicable to many other underground deposits.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 34th week of the year (August 20th to August 26th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Aztec Minerals, Discovery Metals, and SilverCrest Metals released advances in exploration. Grupo Mexico and Santacruz Silver Mining released its Q2 2018 results. SilverCrest Metals, Silver Bull, Avino Silver and Prize Mining reported news on financing. Azure Minerals reported advances on the PEA and new drilling of one of its projects. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango and two in Estado de Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals released results from surface sampling along drill roads on its Cervantes project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals released results from underground sampling at its Puerto Rico project. ON MINING Grupo Mexico and Santacruz Silver released its Q2 2018 reports. Grupo Mexico is to re-open its San Martin mine in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Silver Bull and Prize Mining closed final tranches of financing for gross proceeds of US$3.79 M and $7.62 M respectively. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure Minerals is advancing the PEA on its Oposura property in Sonora, and announcing a new drilling campaign. SilverCrest released more drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold announced several changes in senior management, as well as at its corporate head office in Vancouver, related to the recent focus on its operating mines.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from SGM’s Las Granadas project in Estado de Mexico, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/estado-de-mexico/las-granadas/. The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango and two in Estado de Mexico.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. released surface sampling results from the California prospect within its Cervantes project in Sonora. The rock chip channel samples were collected along drill roads, returning 75 m @ 0.11 g/t Au; 222 m @ 0.47 g/t Au; 84 m @ 0.40 g/t Au; 183 m @ 0.32 g/t Au; 81 m @ 0.53 g/t Au; 33 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 111 m @ 0.02 g/t Au. Aztec’s CAD$182 K phase 2 exploration program “of geological mapping, rock, soil and sediment sampling and airborne magnetic and radiometric surveys is focused on better defining additional drill targets” on the 3,649 hectares property. Soil surveys highlight strong gold anomalies at the California north, Purisima East, Purisima West and Jacob soil grids, with individual samples returning up to 3.3 g/t Au. The Cervantes property is held under an option to purchase agreement with Kootenay Silver Inc.
- Discovery Metals Corp. reported the second batch of underground channel sampling results from the San Jose mine at its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. “San Jose contains approximately 630m of underground drifts and stopes over four levels (from bottom to top: the Chuyon, Haulage, Rope and Upper levels) that span an approximate vertical extent of 50m and cover a horizontal extent of approximately 80m by 80m. All four levels host strongly mineralized mantos, chimneys and faults. Channel samples were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings”. Individual samples are as high as 1.2 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 46.2% Zn, 0.2% Pb, 0.2% Cu; 0.7 m @ 154 g/t Ag, 38.2% Zn, 0.6% Pb, 0.1% Cu; 1.0 m @ 18 g/t Ag, 30.2% Zn, 0.1% Pb, 2.6% Cu; 1.0 m @ 445 g/t Ag, 3.5% Zn, 26.3% Pb, 0.6% Cu.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating results from the Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and the Rosario project in San Luis Potosi, for the second quarter 2018. At Veta Grande, 52 K tonnes @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 1.14% Zn, 0.41% Pb (161 g/t AgEq) were processed, with a 45% Ag recovery, to produce 36.7 K Oz Ag, 59 Oz Au, 111 tonnes Pb, 164 tonnes Zn. At Rosario, 15.4 K tonnes @ 44 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 2.54% Zn, 0.23% Pb (212 g/t AgEq) were processed, with 89% Ag recovery, to produce 19.4 K Oz Ag, 84 Oz Au, 31 tonnes Pb, 344 tonnes Zn.
- Grupo México is to re–open its San Martin mine in Zacatecas, with an investment of US$77 M. The mine was closed eleven years ago due to a labor dispute with the Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores Mineros, led by Napoleon Gomez Urrutia. The mine workers have now changed to the Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Exploración, Explotación y Beneficio en Minas de la República Mexicana, ending the closure by strike of the mine. The mine is to have a 32 years life span, creating directly 600 jobs and indirectly 3,000 more.
- Grupo México reported its second quarter 2018 results. During the period sales increased 19%, while the EBITDA rose to US$1,316 M, and capital investments rose to US$434 M.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. has been approved to list its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. completed the second and final tranche of its previously announced private placement, for aggregate gross proceeds of USD$957.5 K. Under the first tranche of the private placement Silver Bull accrued USD$2.831 M (Sierra Mojada, Coahuila).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd- filed a shelf registration statement on Form F-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), that is to allow the company to raise up to US$25 M (Avino, Durango).
- Prize Mining Corp. closed the third and final tranche of the recently announced non-brokered private placement, raising $500 K and taking the total aggregate of gross proceeds to $7.62 M (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced that the preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its Oposura project in Sonora remains on track to be reported in the third quarter of 2018. The study envisions open pit and room and pillar underground extraction. The resource includes 2.1 Mt (tonnes) @5.3% Zn, 2.9% Pb, 17.2 g/t Ag in the indicated category and 0.8 Mt @ 4.3% Zn, 2.5% Pb, 16.5 g/t Ag in the inferred category.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced new drill results from the Granaditas vein and the new Granaditas Dos vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. These veins are approximately 40 m apart and may intersect to the southeast. Highlighted true width (TW) intercepts include 1.2 m @ 5.6 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 4.2 g/t Au, 229 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 3.10 g/t Au, 4.0 g/t Ag in the Granaditas vein, 0.5 m @ 1.8 g/t Au, 149 g/t Ag; 0.4 m @ 2.4 g/t Au, 421 g/t Ag; 2.9 m @ 294 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 1.2 g/t Au, 162 g/t Ag in the Granaditas Dos vein and 0.9 m @ 1.0 g/t Au, 82 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 2.5 g/t Au, 799 g/t Ag in an unnamed vein. The high-grade footprint in the Granaditas Vein currently measures approximately 200 m long by 200 m high and is open in most directions. The high-grade footprint in the Granaditas Dos (2) Vein currently measures approximately 100 m long by 100 m high and is open in most directions.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. recommenced drilling at its Oposura project in Sonora. This campaign is focused on infill drilling and more widely spaced resource extensional drilling.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. announced changes related to the recent focus on its operating mines San Francisco in Sonora and Florida Canyon in Nevada, which include the previously announced temporary suspension of exploration and development at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero, and the here stated termination of the Vice-president of project development Project Manager and the Chief Executive Officer. “The Company has also taken steps to reduce costs at the Ana Paula project site in Mexico while maintaining a level of local employment and community engagement…..the Company has also implemented a number of changes at its corporate office in Vancouver which in total are expected to reduce the corporate overhead by approximately $1.2 million over the next 12 months.“
- Defiance Silver Corp. renegotiated and extended the terms of its San Acacio Project option agreement. “The project vendor has agreed to postpone a substantial amount of the payments due in 2018 to September 27, 2020. As a result, Defiance will be making four quarterly payments of US$226,900 totaling US$907,600 in year one and four quarterly payments of US$250,000 totaling US$1,000,000 in year two with the final option payment due September 2020.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, the silicified and alunite bearing ridge beyond the farming fields is interpreted as the water table interface in a shallow epithermal system, in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
Marble breccia cemented by FeOx
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 31st week of the year (July 30th to August 05th, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six informing on exploration results, five announcing production results, five communicating deals and corporate issues, two reporting on resources and developments, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Chihuahua, Silver Spruce received approval to drill its Pino de Plata project, Radius Gold-Pan American Silver announced a JV agreement to explore and drill the Amalia project, and VVC reported drilling results from its Samalayuca property. In Sinaloa, Goldplay reported drilling results from its El Habal project. In Durango, First Mining signed an agreement to option its Las Margaritas gold project to Gainey. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Alamos Gold announced Q2, 2018 results from their Mulatos and Chanate mines. In Sinaloa, McEwen provided Q2, 2018 results from its El Gallo mine. In Durango, Excellon announced Q2, 2018 results from its La Platosa mine. Great Panther reported Q2, 2018 results from their mining operations in Mexico and Peru. In Guerrero, Telson presented Q2, 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine. ON FINANCING, VVC announced a non-brokered private placement for $CA 1.5M. Colibri Resource negotiated an agreement to provide debt financing in an amount up to CAD $400K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Premier Gold provided an exploration update on its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Sierra Metals filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Goldplay secured eligibility for its shares and appointed its VP Corporate Development and Exploration. SilverCrest announced the resignation of one of its Directors. Equinox Gold announced court approval of the arrangement for the Solaris Copper spinout. VVC announced that its Annual General meeting for shareholders will be held on August 21. Radius Gold and Pan American silver entered in an agreement to explore the Amalia project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., received approval for drilling its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. The company plans to perform a first phase of 1,500m of diamond drilling to test high grade targets identified with surface sampling, with a follow-up phase 2 where results warrant. The first drill target is El Terrero, an area of 2 square km area showing disseminated epithermal mineralization in intrusive rocks, where surface sampling returned up to 557 g/t Ag along with anomalous Au, Cu, Pb and Zn values. Six holes are planned with targeted depths to 100m. A second target is the Teodora Vein, where surface sampling reported up to 553 g/t Ag with anomalous values of Au, Cu, Pb and Zn. Three holes are proposed with planned depths to 100m. The third target is the Santa Elena Gossan, an area of 20 square km where surface rock sampling on carbonate replacement mineralization in limestone/marble and sandstone/hornfels assayed up to 349 g/t Ag with anomalous base metal values. Three to five holes are proposed in this target area with planned depths to 100m.
- Radius Gold Inc., and Pan American Silver Corp., entered in a JV agreement to explore the Amalia project in Chihuahua. This option agreement is to explore a corridor of 3.5km of strike length and 600m of vertical interval, where 3 high grade targets showing epithermal Ag-Au mineralization in veins, vein breccias, and disseminated have been identified following the trace of a large regional fault zone. The Campamento target is a 500m by 70m zone of intense silicification and brecciation with massive and stockwork veining. A chip channel sampling returned 62m of 0.43 g/t Au and 98 g/t Ag. High grade has been also identified in this target with the most significant result returning 4.5m of 10.3 g/t Au and 202 g/t Ag. Radius and Pan American plan to drill test 100m to 250m below surface. The Guadalupe target is a high grade andesite structurally controlled breccia zone located 450m south along strike from the Campamento target and 250m lower in the geological section. A continuous chip sampling on the Guadalupe target returned 7m of 3.62 g/t Au and 1,048 g/t Ag, and 4m of 3.92 g/t Au and 888 g/t Ag. The Dulces target is a vein located 800m NE of Campamento target at the same elevation and occurs within an extensive argillic-altered andesite and related gold in soil anomaly. Sampling has returned 1m of 34 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag, and 1.5m of 114.5 g/t Au and 57 g/t Ag.
- VVC Exploration Corporation, reported drill results from its Samalayuca project in Chihuahua. The phase 3 was planned to drill 3,000m and begun in May 2018 with 8 holes completed to date. Results of the three first holes were 30m of 0.34% Cu and 6 g/t Ag, including 14m of 0.54% Cu and 10 g/t Ag; 7m of 0.39% Cu and 7 g/t Ag; and 25m of 0.43% Cu and 7 g/t Ag. These results extend the copper mineralization at La Gloria zone previously drilled in 2017.
- Goldplay Explorations Ltd., announced initial results of four drill holes from its El Habal project in Sinaloa. The most significant results are 77.5m of 0.43 g/t Au, including 9.45m of 2.05 g/t Au, and 15.4m of 1.35 g/t Au. The mineralization intersected consisted of a series of mineralized breccias, structures/zone faults present in a 6km long mineralized corridor which represent a high-level gold system hosted by a volcanic sequence with intrusives and related hydrothermal fluids.
- First Mining Gold Corp., and Gainey Capital Corp., signed an option agreement in which Gainey can acquires 100% of the Las Margaritas Gold project in Durango. Under the terms of the four year option agreement, Gainey can elect to make either annual share or cash payments to First Mining in the following amounts:
- Upon completion, Gainey will obtain 100% ownership of the Las Margaritas project and First Mining will retain a 2% net smelter returns (“NSR”) royalty, with Gainey having the right to buy back 1% of the NSR royalty for USD$1,000,000 up until the first anniversary of the commencement of commercial production at the project.
- Alamos Gold Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from their Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora. At Mulatos, the company produced 50.6K Oz Au at an all-in sustaining cost (AISC) per ounce of gold sold of $854. At El Chanate, Alamos produced 10.1K Oz Au at an AISC per ounce of gold sold of $1,442.
- McEwen Mining Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its El Gallo Fenix mine in Sinaloa. The compnay produced 10.8K GEOs (Silver and gold production are presented as GEOs). Total cash costs and AISC per GEO were $783 and $816 respectively.
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced Q2 2018 results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. In Q2, 2018, the company milled 16.1K tonnes of 507 g/t Ag, 5.7% Pb, and 8.4% Zn to produce 277.7K Oz Ag, 1.8M Lb Pb, and 2.8M Lb Zn. Metallurgical recoveries for Ag, Pb, and Zn were 89.6%, 80.2%, and 82.2% respectively.
- Great Panther Silver Limited, reported results from their mining operations in Mexico and Peru for the Q2, 2018 period. The company did not release detail information from its Mexican operations (Topia mine in Durango and Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato).
- Telson Mining Corporation, presented Q2, 2018 results from its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The company processed 162.5K tonnes to produce 19.3M Lb Zn, and 1.3M Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 73.3% and 31.2% respectively.
- VVC Exploration Corporation, announced a non-brokered private placement for $CA 1.5M. VVC has raised to date $CA 1.15M and expects to complete the rest $CA 350K in August.
- Colibri Resource Corporation, negotiated an agreement with two shareholders to provide debt financing in an amount of up to CAD$400K.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, provided an exploration update on its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company announced the extension of a high grade vein system on its El Rey de Oro deposit. Significant underground drilling results are 16.55m of 6.21 g/t Au and 102 g/t Ag, 21.95m of 36.65 g/t Au and 171 g/t Ag, 20.5m of 8.1 g/t Au and 121 g/t Ag, and 9.2m of 8.33 g/t Au and 67.7 g/t Ag. Additionally, the company is conducting an underground drilling program to define the high grade Aida target located to the west of the main Mercedes vein where previous drilling has intersected a broad zone of low-grade mineralization with assays of up to 0.64 g/t Au and 0.79 g/t Ag across 31.5 metres. Premier also has the plan to drill test the Marianas vein once the drift has been established in H2 2018, and will go on with the definition and step-out drilling at Diluvio and Lupita areas that were recently brought into production.
- Sierra Metals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cusi mine in Chihuahua. The company released results of the PEA study. Results from the PEA include an after-tax net present value (NPV) of US$92.2 Million at an 8% discount rate, an after-tax internal rate of return (IRR) of 75%, a plant processing rate of currently 650 tonnes per day (TPD) growing to 1,200 TPD by Q1 2019 and 2,700 TPD by mid-2021, and a mine life of 9 years based on existing Mineral Resource Estimate.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., appointed its VP Corporate Development and Exploration and secured eligibility by the Depositary Trusts Company for its shares on the OTC marketplace where the company trades under the symbol “GLYXF” (El Habal, Sinaloa).
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., announced the resignation of one of its Directors. (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Equinox Gold Corp., announced final court approval of the arrangement for the Solaris Copper spinout (La Verde, Michoacan).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, announced that its Annual General meeting of shareholders will be held on August 21 (Samalayuca, Chihuahua).
- Radius Gold Inc., and Pan American Silver Corp., entered in a JV agreement to explore the Amalia project in Chihuahua. Pan American can earn an initial 65% of the property by making cash payments to Radius totaling $US 1.5M (of which $US 100K has been already paid), and expending $US 2M on exploration over four years, and can acquires an additional 10% by advancing the property to a FS.
On the picture above, a marble breccia cemented by FeOx in an Iron Mine in Coahuila, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
July 30, 2018, Vancouver, BC – Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (TSXV: GPLY, OTCQB: GLYXF – the “Company” or “Goldplay”) is pleased to announce that the Company has secured eligibility by The Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) for its shares on the OTCQB. DTC is a subsidiary of the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. that manages the electronic clearing and settlement of publicly traded companies in the United States. DTC eligibility will simplify the process of trading and is expected to enhance liquidity of the Company’s common shares on the OTC marketplace where Goldplay Exploration Ltd. now trades under the symbol “GLYXF”.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 29th week of the year (July 16th to July 22th, 2018), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with twelve informing on exploration results, nine announcing production results, four reporting on resources and developments, three communicating deals and corporate issues, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium presented geophysical results from its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Colibri reported drill results from its El Pilar project, Minaurum reported exploration results from its Promontorio-Quintera project, San Marco announced exploration results from its Chunibas exploration program, and Millrock and Azure provided an exploration update on their Mexican properties. In Chihuahua, Mammoth Resources announced drill results from its Tenoriba project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported exploration results from its Puerto Rico project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay presented exploration results from its Copalito project. In Durango, Southern Silver announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold reported drill results from its Tabasquena project. In the Estado de México, Impact discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine. ON MINING, Several companies reported Q2, 2018 results on its Mexican operations. In Sonora, Mexus provided an update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. In Chihuahua, Sierra Metals announced Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines while GoGold reported results from its Parral property. In Sinaloa, Americas Silver presented Q2 results from its Cosala operation. In Durango, Avino reported Q2 results from its Avino mine. In Oaxaca, Fortuna Silver announced Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine. First Majestic presented Q2 2018 results from its Mexican operations in Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Jalisco and Estado de Mexico. In Puebla, Almaden announced an increase of the average mill feed grades for its Ixtaca property. ON FINANCING, Bacanora Minerals dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Candente announced the approval to extend the purchase of 5M of share warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Aranzazu filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas and updated the resource estimate. Starcore filed updated 43-101 technical report on its San Martin mine. Capstone filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Gold Resource announced an expansion of its Arista Mine in Oaxaca. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. Silver Spruce executed an offtake agreement for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- One World Lithium Inc., presented results from a geophysical survey conducted on its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. Three very large and highly conductive zones were identified by a Volterra TEM in loop survey. Zone 1 is > 100m thick and covers six square km. Zone 2 surrounds Zone 1 and is < 100m thick and covers 24 square km. Zone 3 is estimated to be approximately 200m thick and covers > 30 square km.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, reported RC drilling results from its Pilar project in Sonora. Significant results are 61m of 0.75 g/t Au, including 1.5m of 17.3 g/t Au; 6m of 0.68 g/t Au; 3m of 5.40 g/t Au; and 34.5m of 0.32 g/t Au. The drill results extend the Main Zone´s mineralized envelope to the northwest and southeast by upwards of a total of 145m. It represents an increase of 52% in the length of the Main Zone. Potential is open in both directions of the mineralized zone.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., discovered the extension of the Promontorio-Quintera and Nueva Europa veins at its Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The Promontorio-Quintera vein was mapped and extends for 1km and is cut-off and down-dropped by a northwest trending fault while the Nueva Europa vein was mapped for over 600m. The extensions have the potential to host virgin mineralization at depth. Surface sampling on Promontorio South vein returned 1.1m of 181 g/t Ag and 1.06% Cu, while at Nueva Europa South vein, a 0.8m long chip rock sample returned 52 g/t Ag and 0.54% Cu, and a dump sample returned 91 g/t Ag and 1% Cu.
- San Marco Resources Inc., identified many new significant Cu-Ag occurrences at its Chunibas property in Sonora; conducted a portable X-ray fluorescence rock analysis on an area of 300m by 1,400m, indicating anomalous to significant copper values, and received assays from ninety six rock chip samples ranging from 0.1% to 1.34% Cu. The company also carried out a saw-cut continuous channel sampling returning 30m of 0.16% Cu and 3 g/t Ag, and 22m of 0.17% Cu and 2 g/t Ag. Now, the mineralized NW-SE corridor is 1.7Km long by 300m wide, and remains open along strike and down dip. San Marco has begun preparations to perform a drill program at its Chunibas property.
- Millrock Resources Inc., provided and exploration update on their Mexican properties in Sonora and San Luis Potosi. In Sonora, at La Navidad project, a 2,900m drilling program has been recently completed to test the El Cobre and the Crossover targets. Complete results are anticipated in early August. At El Picacho project (Orogenic gold), drill targets are emerging from the exploration work conducted in the first half of 2018. The company has authorized a drill program to begin later in the summer. At Batamote, good geological signs of a porphyry copper deposit have been identified and a major company is currently evaluating the property. At Los Cuarenta project (low-sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag), Millrock has acquired an option to purchase a key internal claim called Santa Rosalia. Drilling targets have been developed and drilling permit is in place. In San Luis Potosi, the Guadalcazar project hosts a high-grade Ag-Pb-Zn skarn with good drill intersections and historic mine workings, with potential to expand the known deposit. Millrock has received an offer to form an option agreement.
- Azure Minerals Limited., provided an exploration update on its Sara Alicia and El Alacran properties in Sonora. At the Sara Alicia project, the stage 2 drilling campaign confirmed near-surface, high-grade Au-Co mineralization with maximum grade returning 53.8 g/t Au over 0.90m and 2.82% Co over 0.80m. The best Au interception was 19.6m of 8.6 g/t Au, including 15.3m of 10.6 g/t Au, while the best Co interception was 3.65m of 1.19% Co, including 1.5m of 2.66% Co. At the El Alacran project, the drilling campaign indicated the southern expansion of Loma Bonita epithermal Au-Ag system based on the presence of silicified zones covered by fresh-rock and high-resistivity geophysical anomalies extending to depth. At Cerro Colorado the company geologists identified the presence of porphyry-type alteration and veining with trace copper and molybdenum mineralization, warranting follow-up work. Teck will continue exploring the property with drilling planned to restart in Q3 2018.
- Mammoth Resources Inc., announced drill results from its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. Results are from the Masuparia area, in the central portion of the 6 km long trend of gold mineralization on the property. Significant results are 3m of 0.19 g/t Au and 10 g/t Ag in hole TEN 17-09 and multiple intersections in hole TEN 17-10 such as 4.5m of 0.42 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag; 4.5m of 0.45 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, 22.5m of 0.35 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag, 3m of 1.31 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag, 3m of 0.65 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag, and 24m of 0.31 g/t Au and 4 g/t Ag.
- Discovery Metals Inc., reported underground channel sample results from the San Jose mine within its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Assay results represent 140m of workings and were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings. Mineralization is related to mantos, chimneys and faults. Mantos range from 0.5m to 1.5m in width (restricted by dimensions of workings) and are open in all directions laterally along strike and dip. Fourteen samples from mantos returned an average of 229 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 17.6% Zn, and 0.3% Cu. Chimney widths range from 1m to 6m, with the main part of the chimney having a width of 5-6m, while the mineralized faults widths range from 0.4m to 1.4m, and are open along strike and at depth. Thirty three samples from chimneys and faults returned an average grade of 50 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, 4% Zn, and 0.8% Cu. The company is currently carrying out a detail structural study on the entire property to identify controls on mineralization. Additionally, it is planning to conduct a magnetic survey in preparation for drilling later in 2H 2018.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., presented sampling results from its Copalito project in Sinaloa. Copalito is a low-sulphidation epithermal vein system. At least 4 main veins and numerous smaller veins have been identified, with individual veins found to be up to 15m wide and at least 2km long along strike. Eleven samples (5 chips and 6 grabs) on Cobriza vein returned grades from 47 to 2.5 kg/t Ag and 0.03 to 2.7 g/t Au, while twenty two samples on El Pilar vein returned grades from 2 to 166 g/t Ag and 0.04 to 1.05 g/t Au. Mapping and sampling on the La Chiva and Cinco Señores veins in the southern area of Copalito is ongoing. All the results will be used to determine grade distribution along the veins for drill targeting.
- Sothern Silver Exploration Corp., announced an expansion of the exploration program at its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango, with the mobilization of a second drill rig. The objective is to drill 2,000m of core to test multiple Ag-Au quartz veins within the recently acquired CLM West claim. Drill targets were identified by mapping and ground geophysics, and a sampling program of over 6000 float and rock chip samples throughout a >10km by 5km N-S corridor underlying the 207 square km CLM West claim package.
- Advance Gold Corp., reported phase 1 drill results from its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. Significant results are 10.5m of Au-Ag mineralization including 1.7m of 9.46 g/t Au and 37 g/t Ag, 0.55m of 12.65 g/t Au and 28 g/t Ag, and 0.55m of 6.31 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag. The company is planning a second phase drill program to test the recently discovered veins and explore for new ones, as well as to follow-up on the high-grade gold intersections.
- Impact Silver Corp., discovered new zones at its San Ramon mine through an underground drill program. Significant results with intersections 100m south of the current levels of the San Ramon mine are 2.04m of 0.23 g/t Au, 661 g/t Ag, 1.28% Pb, and 3.28% Zn; 4.97m of 0.12 g/t Au, 354 g/t Ag, 0.57% Pb and 1.48% Zn; and 1.25m of 0.1 g/t Au, 259 g/t Ag, 0.34% Pb and 1.14% Zn. The zone remains open for further extension vertically above for nearly 300m and to the south.
- Mexus Gold US, provided and update on its 370-8 Brothers property in Sonora. VAT leaching test of oxidized sulphide ore reported that 50% of the sulphides remain as encapsulated Au and Ag bearing mineralization, with As, Pb and Zn, making difficult its extraction by simple gravity and/or cyanide leaching, unless they are pretreated via roasting to eliminate the sulphur. “About 80 tons of this oxidized ore was crushed to < 3 inches and put in a steel tank and leached for a period of 25 days. Eight head assay samples were taken averaging 1g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag with one sample showing 30 g/t Au and another sample with 800 g/t Ag. Solution was assayed daily for a week showing recoveries of 1.25% in gold and 13% in silver with a slow increase after a week and large cyanide consumption. The solution was assayed after 3 weeks and turned out to have minimum increase up to 26% in silver and gold remaining the same”.
- Sierra Metals Inc., reported Q2 results from its Bolivar and Cusi mines in Chihuahua. At Bolivar mine, a total of 272K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.15 g/t Au, 17 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu to produce 911 OZ Au, 110K Oz Ag, and 4.7M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 71.81%, 75.53% and 81.33% respectively. At Cusi mine, a total of 46.4K tonnes were processed at grades of 0.16 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.3% Zn, to produce 96 Oz Au, 190K Oz Ag, and 287K Lb Pb, with metallurgical recoveries of 39.8% Au, 81.66% Ag, 77.22% Pb and 0% Zn.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q2 2018 results from its Parral operation in Chihuahua. GoGold processed 447K tonnes of tailings material to produce 164K Oz Ag and 1,630 Oz Au.
- Americas Silver Corporation, announced results from its Cosala operation in Sinaloa. On Q2, 2018, the company milled 139K tonnes of 42 g/t Ag to produce 94K Oz Ag, 2.9M Lb Pb, and 8.7M Lb Zn
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., presented Q2 2018 results from its Avino mine in Durango. The company processed 184.7K tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 70 g/t Ag, and 0.45% Cu to produce 1,734 Oz Au, 323 Oz Ag, and 1.48M Lb Cu, with metallurgical recoveries of 75%, 81% and 90% respectively.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., reported Q2 2018 results from its San Jose mine in Oaxaca. Fortuna milled 134K tonnes of 1. 86 g/t Au and 268 g/t Ag to produce 14.4K Oz Au and 2M Oz Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91.54% and 91.67% respectively.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., announced Q2, 2018 production results from its Mexican operations. At Santa Elena mine in Sonora, a total of 228K tonnes of 2.3 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag were milled to produce 11K Oz Au and 535K Oz Ag. At San Dimas mine in Sinaloa, a total of 85.7K tonnes of 4.3 g/t Au and 307 g/t Ag were processed to produce 11.3K Oz Au and 809K Oz Ag. At La Encantada mine in Chihuahua, a total of 238K tonnes of 83 g/t Ag were processed to produce 23 Oz Au and 325K Oz Ag. At La Parrilla mine in Durango, a total of 123.6K tonnes of 131 g/t Ag, 1.4% Pb and 1.5% Zn were milled to produce 235 Oz Au and 361K Oz Ag, 1.6M Lb Pb, and 1.4M Lb Zn. At Del Toro mine in Zacatecas, a total of 65.8K tonnes of 117 g/t Ag and 2.7% Pb were processed to produce 73 Oz Au, 167.6K Oz Ag, and 2.3M Lb Pb. At San Martin mine in Jalisco, a total of 74.4K tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au and 203 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1,331 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. At La Guitarra mine in Estado de Mexico, a total of 35.7K tonnes of 1.5 g/t Au and 154 g/t Ag were milled to produce 1400 Oz Au and 138.4K Oz Ag. Unfortunately, First Majestic announced the temporary suspension of work at its la Guitarra mine scheduled to start on August 1st. It is until economic conditions improve or the property is sold.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., announced an increase of the average feed mill grades of 39% for Au and 47% for Ag from bulk ore sort test for its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Applying the ore sort process, the metallurgical recovery is 88% for Au and 93% for Ag and reduces the environmental footprint over the life of mine by reducing process tailings, water usage and energy requirements and CO2 “The detailed impact of the ore sorting results on the Ixtaca project will be evaluated as part of the ongoing Feasibility Study, which is anticipated to be completed in 2018”.
- Bacanora Lithium plc., dropped a $100M placing for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora, citing “difficult market conditions”.
- Candente Gold Corp., announced the approval to extend the exercise period of 5M of share purchase warrants from August 12, 2018 to August 12, 2020.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Aura Minerals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 FS for the restart of operations at its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. The company also updated the mineral resource and reserve estimates. Measured + indicated resources are 12.5M tonnes of 1.08 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, and 1.61% Cu for a total of 435K Oz Au, 8M Oz Ag and 444.4M Lb Cu. Proven and probable reserves are 4.6M tonnes of 1.17 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 1.72% Cu, for a total of 174K Oz Au, 2.8M Oz Ag, and 176.4M Lb Cu. (Mineral reserves are inclusive of mineral resources). The orebody consists of seven mineralized domains and has a strike length of 1.5km, width up to 250m and 600m depth. The mineral resource estimate is based on 1,336 holes for a total of 219,586m.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., filed an updated 43-101 technical report for its San Martin mine in Queretaro in which reported mineral resources and reserves as of April 30, 2018. Total proven + probable reserves are 1.65M tonnes of 2.11 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag for a total of 154.4K Oz Au Eq. Total indicated + inferred resources are 1.5M tonnes of 1.94 g/t Au and 25 g/t Ag for a total of 113K Oz Au Eq. The total mineral reserves and resources are 3.1M tonnes of 2.03 g/t Au and 29 g/t Ag for a total of 267.3K Oz Au Eq.
- Capstone Mining Corp., filed a NI 43-101 technical report for its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. In this TR, Capstone reported a mineral resource estimate which was announced on the past June 05, 2018.
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced significant drill interceptions of 23.39m @ 2 g/t Au, 200 g/t Ag, 0.58% Cu, 3.1% Pb, and 9% Zn, including 1.66m of 8.92g/t Au, 1.3Kg/t Ag, 0.93% Cu, 6.3% Pb and 8.8%Zn, and 9.94m @ 2.16 g/t Au, 95 g/t Ag, 0.82% Cu, 4.1% Pb and 12% Zn, including 3.1m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 177 g/t Ag, 1.01% Cu, 7% Pb, and 14.5% Zn to expands the Switchback´s strike length by approximately 100m, and discovered a new structure in the Arista vein system intercepting 2.08m @ 1.98 g/t Au, 1.6Kg Ag/ton, 0.25% Cu, 1% Pb, and 2.2% Zn, including 0.9m of 3.31 g/t Au, 2.7Kg/t Ag, 0.45% Cu, 2% Pb, and 4.1% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., announced results of its annual and special general meeting of shareholders. (Cuale project, Jalisco).
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc., executed an offtake agreement with IBB International Holdings Limited for potential future production from its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua. “The Company has agreed to deliver any and all future production from the Pino de Plata project for a period of at least ten years, commencing with the first delivery. The ten-year term of the agreement will automatically extend by successive one-year terms, unless either party expresses written desire o terminate the agreement. The purchase price of the delivered production will be at a three percent (3%) discount to the London Metals Exchange metals pricing on the dates of delivery to the buyer”.
On the picture above, a diatreme breccia in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
Vancouver, British Columbia – Capstone Mining Corp. (“Capstone”) (TSX: CS) has today filed on SEDAR a National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) compliant technical report titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Cozamin Mine, Zacatecas, Mexico” for the increase to the Cozamin Mineral Resource estimate announced June 5, 2018.
Vancouver, British Columbia –Starcore International Mines Ltd. (TSX:SAM) (“Starcore” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce it has completed an updated Technical Report in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) on its San Martin Gold mine in Querétaro, Mexico. The report has been filed on SEDAR and is also available on the company’s website http://www.starcore.com