Toronto, Canada (January 16, 2019) – Mammoth Resources Corp. (TSX-V: MTH), (the “Company”, or “Mammoth”) would like to announce that it has posted an internal company technical report describing and summarizing activities, results, conclusions and recommendations for future work based on its 2017 – 2018 diamond drill program in which it drilled 13 holes for a total of 2,700 metres at its Tenoriba precious metal property located in the prolific Sierra Madre precious metal belt in southwestern Chihuahua State, Mexico.
VANCOUVER, Jan. 14, 2019 /CNW/ – Oroco Resource Corp. (TSX-V: OCO) (“Oroco” or the “Company”) announces that further to its news release dated October 9, 2018, Oroco has engaged an independent qualified person in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for MineralProjects to prepare a technical report (the “Technical Report”) on the Santo Tomas Concessions.
Toronto, Ontario and Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – December 20, 2018) – Minera Alamos Inc. (TSXV: MAI)(“Minera” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update of its 2018 development activities at the La Fortuna (“Fortuna”or the “Project”) gold project located in Durango, Mexico.
Advanced argillic alteration
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 47th week of the year (November 19th to November 25th, 2018), at least 14 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five informing on exploration results, three reporting on advances on their properties, three disclosing deals and corporate issues, two announcing financing issues, and one related to a law proposal to force miners to seek permission from the communities. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a law proposal is being presented by a MORENA senator to force miners to seek permission from the communities around their mining projects. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aloro Mining mobilized a RC drill rig to its Los Venados project, Mexus Gold commenced a drilling program on its Santa Elena project, and Millrock announced a new drilling program at its La Navidad project. Millrock also reported results from its El Picacho project. In Coahuila, Silver Bull completed a VTEM and Magnetic geophysical survey on its Sierra Mojada project. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals reported drilling results from its El Cobre project. ON MINING, no relevant news. ON FINANCING, Goldplay announced a private placement intended to raise up to CAD$ 1.5M. Mexican Gold closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for $2.06M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Minera Alamos received a positive notification from SEMARNAT for the development of its la Fortuna project in Durango. SilverCrest filed a technical report and updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Torex reported in-fill and step-out drilling results from its El Limón-Guajes mine complex in Guerrero. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Consolidated Zinc held its 2018 annual general meeting (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua), Avino announced management changes (Avino mine, Durango), and Kootenay entered in an option agreement to acquire a 100% of interest of the Columba property in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Communities’ consultation. A law proposal is being presented by a MORENA senator to force miners to seek permission from the communities around their mining projects. Proposed initiatives include empowering the Ministry of Economy to declare certain zones as not viable for mining, and revoke permits and existing concessions that had a negative social impact. They also contemplate charging Mexican agencies with overseeing the social and environmental impact of mining activities. The news caused the Grupo Mexico and Peñoles stocks to tumble 5.4% and 4.7% respectively on the Mexican Stock Exchange.
- Aloro Mining Corp., mobilized a RC drill rig to its Los Venados project in Sonora while a bulldozer continues the construction of drill pads and access roads to other drill sites. This is the first time that the southern portion of the property is going to be drill-tested.
- Mexus Gold US, commenced a drilling program on the Julio II zone within its Santa Elena project in Sonora.
- Millrock Resources Inc., announced that a new drilling program is underway at its La Navidad project in Sonora, where the company has a JV option with Centerra Gold Inc. Seven holes totaling 1,500m were planned to test the northwest portion of the property, being 4 holes at the El Tigre prospect where Au has been detected by soil sampling in the vicinity of historic mine workings, and 3 holes at the El Chupadero prospect where decalcification and jasperoid replacement suggests the presence of intrusion-related gold mineralization. Millrock also reported that a 2,007.80m drilling program was completed at its El Picacho project in Sonora. Unfortunately, only narrow Au-bearing intersections were encountered. Highlights include 1m of 0.72 g/t Au in Hole P18-004D, 1m of 2 g/t Au in Hole P18-007D, and 0.5m of 5.7 g/t Au in Hole P18-008D.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., completed a 5,297line km helicopter-borne VTEM and Magnetic geophysical survey on its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The airborne survey covered 4 main regional prospects including the main deposit at its Sierra Mojada property. It targeted over 50 km of the regional San Marcos Fault, due to this structure is considered to be the main control of the mineralization in the district. This survey is part of a work program conducted under a JV option with its partner South 32 Limited.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., announced results from its ongoing drilling program at the El Cobre project in Veracruz. Highlights from drilling at the Villa Rica target are 161.20m of 0.23 g/t Au and 0.15% Cu in Hole EC-18-052, including 18m of 0.51 g/t Au and 0.43% Cu, and another interval of 10m of 0.60 g/t Au and 0.48% Cu, and 116.30m of 0.21 g/t Au and 0.16% Cu in Hole EC-18-054, including 12.40m of 0.85 g/t Au and 0.39% Cu.
- No relevant news.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., announced a private placement intended to raise up to CAD$ 1.5M
- Mexican Gold Corp., closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for $2.06M. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration on the Company’s Las Minas project located in the State of Veracruz, Mexico, to make the final property payment, and for general working capital purposes.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Minera Alamos Inc., received a positive notification from SEMARNAT regarding the Company´s permit applications (MIA / ETJ) for the development of its la Fortuna project in Durango. It allows Minera Alamos to initiate applications for other permits required in advance of any commercial mine production.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., filed a technical report and updated mineral resource estimate for its Las Chispas project in Sonora. There are no material differences in the mineral resources disclosed in the press release dated September 19, 2018.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported in-fill and step-out drilling results in the Sub-Sill Zone of its El Limón-Guajes mine complex in Guerrero. Highlights from the drilling program include 8.1m of 30.2 g/t Au, 38 g/t Ag, and 4.3% Cu in Hole SST-101, 3.6m of 48.9 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, and 0.1% Cu in Hole SST-118, and 4.6m of 34.4 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, and 0.9% Cu in Hole SSUG-059. The deposit remains open in several directions.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, held its 2018 annual general meeting and advised that the company increased 32% of the mineral resources and filed a bankable FS assessing the viability of its Plomosas mine in Chihuahua.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., announced the retirement of its CFO and commenced a selection process to find a replacement. (Avino mine, Durango).
- Kootenay Silver Inc., entered in an option agreement to acquire a 100% ownership of the Columba property in Chihuahua. This property covers a large high-grade silver epithermal system with several veins varying from 0.5 to up to 6.0m in width which have been mapped for over 200m up to 2Km in length. Sampling has returned grades of up to 692 g/t Ag. Kootenay can acquire a 100% of the property by making staged payments over a 4-year period totaling US$ 3.29 M with an initial payment of US$ 15K, first and second years payments totaling US$ 75K and US$ 150K respectively. The Agreement includes a work commitment of US$ 250K by the first anniversary and US$ 750K by the second anniversary of the Agreement. Upon earn-in the vendors retain a 2% NSR of which 1% can be purchased by the Company for US$ 750K.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, advanced argillic alteration in a skarn-epithermal mineralized system in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 44th week of the year (October 29th to November 4th, 2018), at least 26 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Prize Mining, Southern Silver, Kootenay, Excellon, Colibri, Golden Minerals and Galore released advances in exploration. Consolidated Zinc and Telson released news on mining, while Endeavour, Excellon and Great Panther reported Q3 financial results. Aloro Mining and Sonoro Metals reported news related to financing. Goldplay and SilverCrest reported on advances on its properties, while Silver Bull presented an updated resource base. Marlin Gold and Golden Reign advance on their acquisition agreement and Colibri entered into a purchase agreement with Yaque Minerals. Golden Minerals is acquiring the Yoquivo property in Chihuahua. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX presented figures on the state of the mining industry in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri described its El Mezquite and Jackie projects. In Chihuahua Golden Minerals released high-grade results from its Yoquivo project, and Kootenay presented interesting results from early exploration on its Mecatona project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining is doing regional exploration on its Manto Negro project. In Durango, Southern Silver presented significant results from drilling on its CLM West claim group. In Zacatecas, Galore has received permit to drill on its El Alamo claim. ON FINANCING, Sonoro has completed a private placement for $500 K. Aloro Mining completed its placement for gross proceeds of C$800 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay reported results from sampling historical core at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Silver Bull presented an updated resource on its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. SilverCrest presented high-grade results from infill drilling at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. A PEA is to be completed for a 1,000 to 1,500 tonne/day underground operation. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Reign, Marlin Gold and Sailfish Royalties continue to advance its purchase agreement. Colibri Resource is to acquire Yaque Minerals S.A. de C.V. owned by OnTop Capital. Golden Minerals holds an option to acquire the Yoquivo property in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- In AIMMGM’s past conference in October, Fernando Alanis from CAMIMEX (Cámara Minera de México) presented figures from the mining industry in Mexico. Mineral royalties collected US$220 M in 2017, adding up to US$631 M on the last four years. An additional US$248 M were invested by companies in the communities and environment where they are located. Just in mining duties over concessions amounted to US$132.9 M. In the attractiveness index for investment, Mexico has gone from the 11th place in 2011 to the 44th place in 2018. At the same time our direct competitors for investment in the mining industry are doing better, Peru passed from the 39th to the 19th position, and Chile from the 6th to the 8th position. Points suggested to make of Mexico a mining country include improvements in security, a better infrastructure (railways, ports), certainty on land rights, a common ground with other mining countries in fiscal terms, administrative efficiency in the application and issuing of mining concession titles and certainty and transparency in the timely granting of permits.
- Prize Mining Corp. engaged a consultant to compile a GIS database for a regional exploration program on its 17,659 ha Manto Negro project in Coahuila. The 3,000 m drill program continues with its focus on the Granizo and Pilar Grande areas.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported drill results from its CLM West claim group, adjacent to its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. One of three holes intercepted 3.0 m @ 168 g/t Ag, while the other two returned strong (up to 0.1%) arsenic and antimony anomalies. “The mineralization represents the first significant silver intercept identified on the CLM West claim group where drilling is targeting new Ag-Au epithermal systems”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. staked 2,857 ha in Chihuahua, creating the Mecatona project. The Ag dominant epithermal system is hosted in veins and breccias, with one anomalous structure running for more than 1.7 km, and another zone hosting stockworks and quartz veinlets in an 80 m wide argillic alteration zone. Results from 78 samples collected at the property are as high as 735 g/t Ag, 6.94 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 8.0% Zn.
- Excellon Resources Inc. received title to concessions that increases its land position to over 45,000 hectares on its consolidated “Evolución” property, within the Miguel Auza district in Durango, along strike to HECLA’s San Sebastian mine. As announced in previous press releases, initial drilling has already shown broad mineralized intersections with anomalous Au, Ag, Pb, Zn, “including discrete higher‐grade zones of carbonate veining, bladed calcite and silica with galena, sphalerite and pyrite”.
- Colibri Resource Corp. described the El Mezquite and Jackie projects in Sonora, its new properties through the acquisition of Yaque Minerals S.A. de C.V. from On Top Capital Ltd. The 180 hectares Mezquite project contains an alteration zone 2 km by 1 km , within which are at least four zones of sulfide oxidation related to contacts with a silicified feldspar porphyry. Assay results from 321 rock chip samples returned 42 samples over 0.1 g/t Au, averaging 0.74 g/t Au and up to 3.41 g/t Au, 198 g/t Ag. The 1,130 ha Jackie project is 2 km south of El Mezquite, and abuts to the east with the Santana project, owned by Minera Alamos.
- Golden Minerals Co. released high-grade results from sampling at its Yoquivo project in Chihuahua. Highlighted results comprise 6 m @ 5.9 g/t Au, 937 g/t Ag; 6 m @ 1.7 g/t Au, 399 g/t Ag from the Pertenencia vein. 4 m @ 2.3 g/t Au, 489 g/t Ag from the Central breccia zone. 2.9 m @ 1.7 g/t Au, 345 g/t Ag from the San Francisco vein. To date 756 samples have been collected, identifying a series of low-sulfidation quartz veins and breccias. A regional exploration program was launched to search for additional veins.
- Galore Resources Inc. has been granted permits to begin a 12-hole, 3,000 m diamond core drill program at its El Alamo claim in Zacatecas. El Alamo consists of Cretaceous sediments, mostly limestone with some siltstone and chert, and major faults bounding the project. Alteration and mineralization are represented by silicification and iron-oxide bodies after sulfides. Some of the higher grade gold values are associated with extensively iron-oxide jasperoid breccias. A shallow drill percussion camping collared 35 holes in 2012, and defined a 500 long by 200 wide target zone.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. presented its September 2018 quarterly activities report. The Group entered a 12 month toll treatment and offtake purchase agreement with Grupo Mexico to treat its ore at the Santa Eulalia’s concentrator plant, with mining at the Plomosas mine in Chihuahua beginning on September 13th 2018. A detailed costing study (DCS) was completed and incorporated into a bankable feasibility study (BFS). “During the quarter the Mexican Environmental Authority (PROFEPA) provided the Company with an MIA Exception (EPA exception) for the mine and processing plant area”. Cash balance at the end of the period was $0.61 M.
- Telson Mining Corp. reported concluding a renewable power purchase agreement for its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The ten-year agreement sets the price for consuming 42.00 GW per year at a price that is 32% lower than the last nine-month average price paid at the site.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. reported third quarter 2018 financial results. During the period silver production (1.43 M Oz) increased 13% and gold (12,968 Oz) decreased by 5%, with a silver equivalent production of 2.4 M Oz, and the Terronera pre-feasibility study was completed with improved project economics. On the financial side a net loss of $5.5 M was recorded, with EBITDA decreasing 8% to $5.6 M, mine operating cash flow decreased 20% to $9.6 M, cash cost rose to $8.86 per Oz Ag (net of gold credits) and All-in sustaining cost fell to $16.14 per Oz Ag, with a working capital of $57.4 M, whilst $5.6 M were raised through ATM financing.
- Excellon Resources Inc. reported financial results for the third quarter 2018. During the period 10,974 of ore were produced, 17,907 tonnes processed (ore and stockpile), grading 416 g/t Ag, 3.47% Pb, 4.33% Zn (for ore) and 151 g/t Ag,1.36% Pb, 1.45% Zn (stockpile), recovering 89.9% Ag, 74.2% Pb, 78.2% Zn to produce 171.2 K Oz Ag, 824 K Lb Pb, 1,005 K Lb Zn. Revenue was $2.6 M ($7.6 M a year earlier) for a gross loss of $3.5 M from operations, cash cost of $29.94 per Ag Oz and All-in sustaining cost of $44.02 per Ag Oz. Financial results were impacted by lower production, lower by-product prices and associated price adjustments. Management changes were made at the Platosa mine, and now production and development rates have increased.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. presented third quarter 2018 financial results. During the period 92.9 K tonnes were milled to produce 448.8 K Oz Ag, 4,737 Oz Au (adding to 1.023 M Oz AgEq) at cash cost $12.79 per Ag Oz ($13.59 per AgEq Ag Oz), all-in sustaining cost $19.74 ($16.56 per AgEq Oz). The revenue was $11.7 M, with a net loss of 3.642 M, EBITDA of $(3.679) and a networking capital at end of period of $57.9 M. Lower metal prices, lower production levels and a large concentrate load that could not be shipped before the end of the period impacted on the lower results.
- Aloro Mining Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of C$800 K. Agnico Eagle, which owns 8.7% of Aloro shares, bought half the issued shares. (Los Venados, Sonora).
- Sonoro Metals Corp. completed a non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of $500 K (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. reported results from sampling historical drill core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. These results are said to support the open pit potential for the historical NI-43-101 resource at the property. Highlighted results comprise 47.8 m (TW) @ 93 g/t AgEq (including 17.3 m @ 160 g/t AgEq); 42.0 m @ 61 g/t AgEq (including 24.8 m @ 79 g/t AgEq); 9.4 m @ 126 g/t AgEq.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. provided an updated NI43-101 resource report for the Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. The open pit resource includes a high grade zinc zone of 13.5 M tonnes @ 11.2% Zn and a high grade silver zone with 15.2 M tonnes @ 114.9 g/t Ag. The total measured and indicated resources 70.4 M tonnes @ 38.6 g/t Ag, 3.4% Zn containing 5.354 billion pounds zinc and 87.4 M ounces silver.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. is to complete a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for Las Chispas project in Sonora. A 1,000 to 1,500 tonne per day underground mining operation is being considered, with a counter-current decantation facility and Merrill Crowe recovery circuit similar to the nearby Santa Elena and Mercedes mines. Cyanidation with a possible add-on flotation circuit followed by intense leaching is being evaluated for the higher-grade ore, to raise the 86% Ag, 98% Au recovery with standard cyanidation only. SilverCrest is proceeding with the construction of a 500 m long, 4.5 m wide, 4.0 m high decline, and drifting 600 to 800 m along the mineralized structure to collect information on vein grade, width continuity, grade reconciliation, mineability and bulk sampling.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. reported the best drill intercept to date for its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Results from 7 drill holes from the in-fill program were released, with highlighted intervals (TW) comprising 9.9 m @ 14.4 g/t Au, 2,132 g/t Ag (this is the best intercept to date, including 4.5 m @ 30.3 g/t Au, 4,498 g/t Ag); 3.8 m @ 6.78 g/t Au, 1,090 g/t Ag; 3.5 m @ 33.06 g/t Au, 2,092 g/t Ag; 11.1 m @ 3.99 g/t Au, 580 g/t Ag; 5.1 m @ 4.16 g/t Au, 197 g/t Ag; The weighted average for the five holes on the Area 51 is 6.0 m @ 11.41 g/t Au, 1,369 g/t Ag. A total of 351 holes have been collared, for 94,735 m of core, with 119 drill intercepts grading more than 1,000 g/t AgEq.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sailfish Royalty Corp. announced its shareholders voted in favor of the restructuring of the company’s gold stream on the San Albino project. The stream restructuring is a condition to the closing of the transaction in which Golden Reign Resources Ltd. will acquire all issued shares of Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. (Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. shareholders voted in favour of a special resolution to approve the plan of arrangement and certain connected transactions, pursuant to which Golden Reign Resources Ltd. (“Golden Reign”) will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Marlin (Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Golden Reign Resources Ltd. and Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. have been granted the final court order from the Supreme Court of British Columbia approving the plan of arrangement pursuant to which Golden Reign will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Marlin (Trinidad, Sinaloa).
- Colibri Resource Corp. entered into a share purchase agreement with OnTop Capital Ltd. to purchase all issued and outstanding shares of Yaque Minerals S. A. de C.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of OnTop. Yaque assets consist of El Mezquite and Jackie mineral exploration properties close to the Santana project owned by Minera Alamos in Sonora. “As consideration for the Transaction, Colibri has agreed to issue a convertible debenture in the amount of $1 million CDN bearing an annual interest rate of 2.5% which is convertible at any time, in whole or in part, over the next 5 years into common shares of Colibri at $0.20 per share for a total of up to 5 million shares”.
- Golden Minerals Co. holds an option to purchase the six concessions that comprise the 2,367 hectares Yoquivo property in Chihuahua, for payments totaling $0.5 M over four years and subject to a 2% NSR royalty.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image above, intermediate composition dike with chilled margins intruding andesitic volcanic rocks in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 42nd week of the year (October 15th to October 21st, 2018), at least 31 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. San Marco and Odyssey released advances in exploration. Galore Resources and Aura Minerals released news on mining, while Avino Silver, First Majestic, Premier Gold and Gold Resource reported Q3 production results. Sonoro Metals, First Majestic, Azucar Minerals and Plata Latina reported news related to financing. Telson, Azure, Candelaria and Goldplay reported on advances on its properties. Santacruz, Prize Mining, Azucar Minerals, Alio Gold, Canuc Resources, Minera Alamos and Excellon presented information on deals or corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, CAMIMEX stated there are 19 ongoing projects to augment gold production in Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Sur, Odyssey informed on SEMARNAT’s refusal for permitting the Don Diego project. In Sonora, San Marco is to start mapping and sampling the Espiritu project. In Coahuila, Prize Mining continues drilling at its Manto Negro project. ON MINING, Avino Silver, First Majestic, Premier Gold, and Gold Resource reported on Q3 2018 production. Galore begun mining at Los Gemelos, Zacatecas. Aura Minerals completed the first copper concentrate shipment from Aranzazu, also in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Sonoro is undertaking a private placement to raise up to $500 K. First Majestic filed a shelf prospectus that enables the raising of up to US$300 M in 25 months. Newcrest is exercising its top up rights to maintain 19.9% ownership of Azucar Minerals. Plata Latina settled C$231 K of indebtedness by share issuing. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Telson released high grade results from development sampling at Tahuehueto, Durango. Azure Minerals announced a positive scoping study on its Oposura project in Sonora. Candelaria Mining filed a NI-43-101 report on its Pinos project in Zacatecas. Goldplay was approved the drilling permit by SEMARNAT for drilling at its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Azure Minerals released a positive scoping study on its Oposura project in Sonora, for an open pit/underground operation. Newcrest is to maintain its 19.9% ownership of Azucar Minerals (see above). Minera Alamos reported second round drill results on its Santana property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Santacruz Silver made the final payment to acquire a considerable land package in the Zacatecas district. Newcrest is to maintain its participation in Azucar Minerals. Canuc received conditional approval for its acquisition of Circle Energy. Alio Gold is disposing of some assets in Nevada and reducing its debt levels. Excellon is to sell the Beschefer project in Canada.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- According to CAMIMEX (Cámara Minera de México) there are 19 investment projects to be developed during the 2018-2019 period, five in Durango (Camino Rojo, Piritas in Peñasquito, El Compás, Fresnillo’s Piritas project and Juanicipio), four in Guerrero (Ana Paula, Bermejal underground, Media Luna, and Rey de Plata), four in Durango (Tahuehueto, Pitarrilla, Metates and San Agustin), Two in Sonora (Santa Gertrudis and a second leach plant at La Herradura), one in Puebla (Ixtaca) and one in Chihuahua (San Julian). Gold production in 2017 was 4,080,000 ounces, decreasing by 4% on the prior year, but considerably larger than the 848,000 ounces produced in year 2000.
- San Marco Resources Inc. is to start exploration at its Espiritu porphyry copper project in Sonora. Work in the property will consist of geological mapping, surface rock sampling and assessment of past drill hole and surface data. San Marco’s first pass review suggest the system is open in most directions. Past drill hole intercepts include 48.0 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 0.10 % Cu and 220.5 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu.
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. received notification that SEMARNAT repeated their refusal to issue an environmental permit for the phosphate deposit, “in direct contravention of the Order of the Federal Administrative Court”. SEMARNAT did not inform of any new environmental information used as a basis their decision, as was required in the Court’s Order. Odyssey “expects its legal team to file a new action before the Superior Section of the Federal Administrative Court demonstrating that SEMARNAT is in contempt of the Court’s Order with a request for sanctions and notification to Mexico’s Internal Control Unit” (Don Diego, Baja California Sur).
- Prize Mining Corp. continues with the 30-hole 3,000 m drill program at its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. “Core is being logged and sampled and sent out for assay, with first results expected in November”.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. announced its third quarter production results for 2018. In the Avino mine. during the period 81.5 K dry tonnes were milled @ 58 g/t Ag, 0.52 g/t Au, 0.54% Cu; with 84% Ag, 67% Au, 88% Cu recoveries to produce 112.6 K Oz Ag, 882 Oz Au, 865 K Lb Cu (or 3,935 Kg Ag, 28.31 Kg Au, 392.36 Tonnes Cu). In the San Gonzalo mine (which is nearing the end of its mine life) 19.7 K dry tonnes were milled @ 226 g/t Ag, 1.15 g/t Au; with 78% Ag, 75% Au to produce 107.8 K Oz Ag, 532 Oz Au (or 3,461 Kg Ag, 17,086 g Au). From the above ground stockpile 88.7 K tonnes were milled @ 62 g/t Ag, 0.45 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu; with 57% Ag, 52% Au, 37% Cu recoveries, to produce 97.4 K Oz Ag, 652 Oz Au, 112.8 K Lb Cu (or 3,127 Kg Ag, 20,931 g Au). An additional 8,212 Oz Ag were produced by a test program to recover precious metals and zinc from the San Gonzalo mine tailings. To counter significantly lower metal prices, Avino is reducing costs by postponing exploration, as well as reducing general and administrative costs in Mexico and British Columbia.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. announced production results for Q3 2018. Consolidated results include the milling of 864 K tonnes of ore to produce 3.5 M Oz Ag, 35,260 Oz Au, 4.44 M Lb Pb, 1.23 M Lb Zn (or 6.74 M Oz AgEq). A 20% cost reduction program across all areas is being implemented to deal with the prolonged low silver prices. AgEq year on year production grew by 69%, mainly by the addition of the San Dimas operations. The mine by mine production table is below.
- Galore Resources Inc. Has begun mining at Los Gemelos, in Zacatecas. Mining has begun without a feasibility study at Galore’s owned Duraznillo ranch, which includes the Los Gemelos and Duende 7 claims, within the Concepción del Oro district. The mining contractor has installed a gold processing plant with initial capacity of 90 tons per week. The proceeds, net of costs, are to be allocated with 40% to Galore and 60% to the contractor, URBYASA.
- Aura Minerals Inc. completed the first shipment of copper concentrate since the reopening of its Aranzau mine in Zacatecas. Aura “continues to further progress on the underground mine development and operational improvements to the plant. Construction of the new tailings disposal system (TD5) is expected to be completed this year”.
- Premier Gold Mines Ltd. released Q3 2018 production results, including figures from its Mercedes mine in Sonora, where 17,465 Oz Au; 88,390 Oz Ag were produced. “The Mercedes Mine remains focused on cost reduction and the development of new deposits to increase flexibility and productivity……. construction to expand tailings capacity began. Additionally, development continued on a drift from the Lagunas mine to access the higher-grade Marianas deposit located along the main Mercedes mine trend”.
- Gold Resource Corp. reported preliminary production results for the third quarter 2018. During the period production totaled 434 tonnes Cu, 2,119 tonnes Pb, 4,970 tonnes Zn, and no details were disclosed on precious metals. For the first three quarters of 2018, 18,864 Oz Au, 1.34 M Oz Ag, 1,206 tonnes Cu, 5,274 tonnes Pb, 14,236 tonnes Zn were produced.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. proposes to undertake a non-brokered private placement, aiming to raise up to $500K (Cerro Caliche, Sonora).
- First Majestic Silver Corp. filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus that will allow First Majestic to raise up to US$300 M during the next 25 months (Six producing mines in Mexico).
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. announced Newcrest Canada Holdings Inc. exercised its top-up rights pursuant to the May 2018 investor rights agreement with Azucar, acquiring additional shares for a total of $124.4 K, and maintaining its 19.9% ownership.
- Plata Latina Minerals Corp. has agreed to settle indebtedness of C$201 K owing to its directors and indebtedness of C$30 K owing to its former CEO, by issuing common shares.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Telson Mining Corp. reported assay results from veins exposed during underground development at its Tahuehueto mine in Durango. Highlighted results comprise 3.25 m @ 7.10 g/t Au, 37 g/t Ag, 0.22% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 5.4% Zn; 6.10 m @ 5.04 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, 0.16% Cu, 1.8% Pb, 3.9% Zn; 8.05 m @ 2.52 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 0.19% Cu, 0.8% Pb, 2.9% Zn; 4.20 m @ 8.02 g/t Au, 96 g/t Ag, 2.93% Cu, 5.0% Pb, 8.2% Zn; 4.40 m @ 2.62 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, 1.3% Cu, 3.8% Pb, 3.7% Zn.
- Candelaria Mining Corp. filed a NI-43-01 preliminary feasibility assessment (PEA) report on its Pinos project, Zacatecas. The resources stand at: 85,847 tonnes @1.6 g/t Au, 83 g/t Ag measured; 175.7 K tonnes @ 3.6 g/t Au, 47 g/t Ag indicated; 529.6 K tonnes @ 3.6 g/t Au, 48 g/t Ag as inferred. The measured resources are in dumps, whereas the indicated and inferred resources are contained in veins 1.3 to 2.1 m in average widths. Production costs were evaluated for a range of 200 to 400 tonnes per day (tpd) operation. The capital cost is estimated at $13.5 M and the sustaining capital at $9.15 M.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. received approval from SEMARNAT (Mexican environmental agency) for its upcoming drill programs at San Marcial, Sinaloa. Up to 69 drill holes can be completed within a two year window. A NI-43-101 resource estimate is to be completed before the end of 2018., and a PEA is expected to be undertaken in 2019.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced a positive scoping study (SS) completed at its Oposura project in Sonora. “The Study delivers a Life of Mine (LOM) EBITDA of A$237 million, NPV(8%) (pre-tax) of A$112 million and an IRR (pre-tax) of 76%….. ”. The study calls for mining by open pit and underground methods 2.5 M tonnes @ 4.6% Zn, 2.6% Pb, 15.9 g/t Ag. The initial mine life is 5.3 years, with average annual production of 19 Kt Zn, 10 Kt Pb, 145 K Oz Ag. The total capital expenditure needed to achieve production is A$ 69.9 M (US$ 52.4 M).
- Minera Alamos Inc. reported results on the second round of its phase 1 drilling program at its Santana property in Sonora. Highlighted results comprise 80.4 m @ 1.05 g/t Au; and 8.0 m @ 1.0 g/t Au and 24.5 m @ 0.81 g/t Au on a second hole. “Planning of the Phase 2 drill program will begin once the remaining drilling results have been received and interpreted”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. has made the final option payment to acquire 149 concessions covering 7,800 ha in the Zacatecas district. Santacruz now controls 8,900 ha in the district.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd. informed Newcrest Canada Holdings Inc. has confirmed its intention to exercise its top-up rights on their last May signed agreement. Under the scheme, Newcrest is to maintain its 19.9% ownership of Azucar (El Cobre, Veracruz).
- Alio Gold Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to sell the Lincoln Hill, Wilco and Gold Ridge projects in Nevada to Coeur Mining Inc.. Alio is to receive $19 M upon the closing of the transaction. Recently, Alio has also reduced its outstanding debt with Macquarie Bank Ltd. from $15 million in past June, to $5 million now. The Company expects to fully extinguish the MBL debt during the fourth quarter. Alio also settled a $5 M contingent liability that the Company acquired with its acquisition of Rye Patch Gold Corp. and the Florida Canyon Mine earlier this year. The Company has also updated its surety bond for the Florida Canyon Mine in Nevada, releasing an additional $5.1 million in cash (San Francisco, Sonora).
- Canuc Resources Corp. received conditional approval from the TSX Venture Exchange for the previously announced acquisition of Circle Energy Ltd., a company with six oil prospective sections in Saskatchewan (San Javier, Sonora).
- Excellon Resources Inc. entered into an option agreement with Wallbridge Mining Co. to sell the Beschefer project in Canada (Platosa, Durango).
On the image above, epidote veinlet with feld-K halo in andesitic volcanic rocks in a porphyry-Cu prospect in Jalisco. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
October 16, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia – Candelaria Mining Corp. (TSXV:CAND, OTC PINK:CDELF) (the “Company”) has filed a National Instrument 43-101 Technical Report regarding the preliminary economic assessment (“PEA”) for its Pinos Gold Project (“Pinos”), which was announced on September 13, 2018. The Pinos project is located at 140 kilometers east of the capital Zacatecas in the state of Zacatecas, Mexico. The project is district scale consisting of twenty-nine contiguous mining claims and covering 3,816 hectares, with easy access to infrastructure, labour and supplies.
Vancouver, BC — August 27, 2018, Ethos Gold Corp. (“Ethos” or the “Company“) (TSXV:ECC) is pleased to announce that it has, through its Mexican subsidiary Compañía Minera Roca Dorada, S.A. de C.V. (“Roca Dorada”) entered into an option agreement (the “Option Agreement”) with Mr. Rodney Alan Blakestad Cobean (the “Property Owner”) to earn a 100% right, title and interest in and to 897 hectares of mineral concessions contiguous to its La Purisima project (see Ethos’ press releases dated December 1, 2017 and June 15, 2018) situated in the municipality of Buenaventura, Chihuahua, México (the “Property”), subject to the Property Owner being entitled to a 2.0% net smelter return royalty upon the Company earning 100% interest in the Property on the terms set out in the Option Agreement.
September 13, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia – Candelaria Mining Corp. (TSXV:CAND, OTC PINK:CDELF) (the “Company”) is pleased to provide the following update on the Company’s Pinos gold project located 140 kilometers east of the capital Zacatecas in the state of Zacatecas, Mexico. The project is district scale consisting of twenty-nine contiguous mining claims and covering 3,816 hectares, with easy access to infrastructure, labour and supplies.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 36th week of the year (September 3rd to September 9th, 2018), at least 18 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Prize Mining, Minaurum, Azure, and Kootenay released advances in exploration. Telson Mining released some clarifications to its operating Q2 2018 results. Prospero reported news on financing. Goldplay, Consolidated Zinc, Torex, Southern Silver, Impact Silver, Magellan Gold, and Aura Minerals reported on development of its properties. Golden Minerals, Sonoro and GoGold reported deals on properties or royalties. ON MEXICO ISSUES, AMLO announced cabinet posts in Economy, including the new Sub-secretary of Mining, Francisco Quiroga. The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango, two in Estado de Mexico, one in Guerrero and one in Puebla. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minaurum has resumed drilling at its Alamos Silver property. Azure reported high-grade surface results from its Oso Negro property and Kootenay released surface sampling results from its Malé project. In Coahuila Prize Mining announced a coming drill campaign on its Manto Negro project. ON MINING Telson Mining presented some clarifications on its Q2 report, and some figures on production costs from the Campo Morado mine. ON FINANCING, Prospero Silver announced a strategic investment by Fortuna Silver for US$270 K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay released results from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Consolidated Zinc is to start mining in Plomosas, Chihuahua. Torex presented an updated technical report and a new mine plan on its El Limon-Guajes property in Guerrero. Southern Silver presented assay results from drilling at its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Impact Silver announced the discovery of a new ore shoot on its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. Magellan is planning to mine on its El Dorado property in Nayarit. Aura Minerals filed a FS and technical report on the restarting of its Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Golden Minerals sold its remaining interest on the Celaya property in Guanajuato to The Electrum Group for US$3 M. Sonoro optioned an inner concession within its Cerro Caliche property for US$100 K in two payments. GoGold sold its 2% NSR on the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora to Metalla Royalty.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO), the president elect in Mexico, announced cabinet posts within the Secretaría de Economía (Bureau of Economy) for its incoming government. Graciela Márquez, as Secretary, is to be supported by Luz Maria de la Mora in Subsecretaría de Comercio Exterior (Foreign Commerce), Ernesto Acevedo Hernández in Subsecretaria de Industria y Comercio (Industry and Commerce), and Francisco Quiroga, on charge of the Subsecretaría de Minería (Mining). Francisco Quiroga was director of International Planning for Grupo Villacero, and worked for a couple of years at Arcelor Mittal México. He has master degrees from Yale and New Zealand, with expertise in international metal markets, steel, commodities and mining, as well as anti-dumping practices and industry. The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from Almaden’s Ixtaca project in Puebla, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/puebla/ixtaca/ . The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango, two in Estado de Mexico, one in Guerrero and one in Puebla.
- Prize Mining Corp. commenced the phase II exploration program on its Manto Negro project in Coahuila. This phase will consist of 3,000 m of diamond drilling, “3D modeling of drill intersections and artisanal underground workings”, a GIS compilation and preliminary metallurgical test work. At El Granizo, “strong copper mineralization is exposed on surface for a strike length of 550 metres and dips moderately to the southwest. Mineralization is hosted in the San Marcos red-bed sandstone close to the contact with the overlying Cupido limestone”. At Pilar Grande drilling will test a 200 by 50 m area containing the underground workings.
- Minaurum Gold Inc. has resumed drilling at the Alamos Silver project in Sonora. The 5,000 m (or greater) drill program is to focus in seven untested veins exposed at high structural levels in down-dropped blocks outside of the historic mining corridor. “One hole will test the Minas Nuevas vein at depth and a second hole will test the Púlpito and Cotera vein zone projections. Eight more holes are planned on targets on the completely virgin eastern side of the historic La Quintera – Promontorio vein zone, including the Tigre, Ana, and Amalia vein zones, and the breccia body located south of Amalia and Tigre; as well as the Promontorio Sur vein zone to the south of Promontorio vein. The drill program will be expanded as new targets are generated.”
- Azure Minerals Ltd. reported high grade assays from surface sampling at its Oso Negro property in Sonora. The project comprises a 1,119 ha concession application and an adjoining 156 ha concession purchased for US$35 K. Both concessions contain epithermal mineralization like quartz veins and quartz stockworks in zones of strong alteration, with galena and sphalerite within the quartz veins, which can attain widths of up to 5 m and lengths of 800 m. Of 88 samples collected, 37 returned over 100 g/t Ag, including 9 samples over 1,000 g/t Ag, and a peak of 2,680 g/t Ag. Of 88 samples collected, 37 samples returned over 1.0 g/t Au, including 7 samples over 5.0 g/t Au and up to 100.5 g/t Au.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. released additional high-grade sampling results on its Malé project in Sonora. Thirty three sample collected from old pits and small trenches returned 19 samples with values over 1.0 g/t Au, with the highest running 12.1, 17.0, 24.7 and 36.0 g/t Au. “The Malé gold project is a granitic-hosted gold dominant polymetallic vein and vein stockwork system covering an area of 1500 x 1500 meters with numerous showings highly anomalous in gold…..Mineralization occurs as narrow veins, veinlets and stockworks of quartz with or without sulphides within structures projecting in a dominant northeast trend and a secondary northwest trend”.
- Telson Mining Corp. presented some clarifications to its Q2 2018 financial report (please see press release for details). The “Campo Morado Mine has achieved direct site costs for mining, milling and administration during Q2 of approximately US$56.6, US$51.6 and US$51.8 per tonne respectively for, April, May and June. These current direct site costs are approximately 36% lower than the estimated direct site costs of US$72.26 per tonne used for the same categories in Telson’s recently published independent Preliminary Economic Assessment and approximately 40% lower than the previous operator’s last year of production during 2014”.
- Prospero Silver Corp. arranged a US$270 K strategic investment from Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. Fortuna currently owns 20.3% of Prospero current and outstanding shares, and this private placement is to take that proportion to 26.9%. The proceeds will be allocated to test the Bermudez project in Chihuahua with a 3-hole 1,500 m drill program.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd. disclosed additional results from sampling of the historical core drill holes completed in 2011 on the project San Marcial, in Sinaloa. Highlighted true width (TW) new results from two holes comprise 53.6 m @ 57 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 5.6 m @ 253 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.6% Zn); 46.5 m @ 57 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn (including 15.5 m @ 115 g/t Ag, 0.5% Pb, 0.7% Zn, same that include 3.25 m @ 411 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 2.2% Zn).
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. is to start mining at its Plomosas project in Chihuahua. “The CZL Board has approved the development plan and mining will commence immediately with monthly receipts commencing mid October 2018”. CZL secured a finance package by way of convertible notes. The mined ore will be processed at Grupo Mexico’s plant in Santa Eulalia, Chihuahua, and the concentrate is to be sent to the same group’s smelter in San Luis Potosi. CZL “is confident that the first cashflow can be achieved for a capital cost less than US$500,000 and the C1 operating costs are expected to be less than US$0.50/lb Zinc after by-product credits”.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. completed an updated technical report that includes a life of mine plan (LOM) of nine years and an increased average gold production of 430 K Oz Au per year, from 2019 to 2023 at its Limón-Guajes mine in Guerrero.” The TR also contains an updated Media Luna Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), with an after-tax NPV (5%) of $582M, and an after-tax IRR of 27%”.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported assay results from initial core drilling on the 12,000 m 2018 drill program at its Cerro Las Minitas property in Durango. Highlighted true width (TW) intervals comprise 15.1 m @ 280 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 0.1% Zn (including 4.4 m @ 598 g/t Ag, 0.4% Cu, 2.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn) on the Skarn Front deposit, and 0.6 m @ 79 g/t Ag, 0.4 g/t Au, 1.2% Cu, 0.1% Pb, 14.1% Zn; 2.0 m @ 88 g/t Ag, 0.3 g/t Au, 0.2% Cu, 1.1% Pb, 2.6% Zn in Las Victorias zone, which extend mineralization for over 100 m to the southeast.
- Impact Silver Corp. announced the discovery of a new ore shoot on the Lipton vein of the Guadalupe mine at its Zacualpan property in Estado de Mexico. To date the new zone has been drilled over a length of 120 m and vertical distance of 80 m, remaining open in all directions. Some of the highlighted true width intervals comprise 10.57 m @ 201 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.5% Zn (including 4.18 m @ 381 g/t Au, 0.09 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, 1.1% Zn); 7.74 m @ 466 g/t Ag, 0.13 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 8.82 m @ 306 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 1.53 m @ 240 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, 2.5% Zn; 2.87 m @ 308 g/t Au, 0.19 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn.
- Magellan Gold Corp. is focused on advancing El Dorado project in Nayarit towards production, planning to truck the ore to the SDA mill for processing. “The drilled resource appears to be sufficient to support an underground mining operation for five years at a mining rate of 100 tonnes per day….”. Magellan is applying for the necessary environmental and blasting permits, as well as quotes for contract mining.
- Aura Minerals Inc. filed the NI-43-101 Feasibility Study and Technical Report on the Aranzazu mine in Zacatecas.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Golden Minerals Co. has sold its remaining interest on the Celaya property in Guanajuato, to The Electrum Group LLC. Golden Minerals is to receive a payment of US$3.0 M for selling 100% of its remaining mining concessions and related interests in the Celaya project located in Guanajuato.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. optioned from a private owner the 9 ha “El Colorado” mining concession, within its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. “The Option Agreement provides for Sonoro to acquire a 100% interest in El Colorado for total consideration to the Vendor of US$100,000, of which US$50,000 has been paid and the balance due in 6 months”. Seven thorough-going veins surrounded by quartz sotckwork areas and sheeted quartz veinlet zones present limited mining evidenced by tunnels, pits and trenches.
- Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd. entered with GoGold Resources Inc. into an agreement to purchase a 2% net smelter return royalty on the Santa Gertrudis property in Sonora, for US$12 M in cash. The agreement is subject to a right of first refusal held by the owner of the project, Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., right that has to be exercised with 45 days.
On the image above, argillitized volcanic rocks above the famous Vizcaína vein in the Pachuca District, Hidalgo. Picture by Jorge Cirett.